PDA

View Full Version : Rain Team

365pokemon
14th May 2011, 2:35 PM
Hey guys just came out with my first rain team. Tell me what you think!

Azelf@Damp Rock
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 Atk

~Rain Dance
~Taunt
~Explosion
~Stealth Rock

The main purpose of azelf is to set up rain, then get stealth rocks if possible. If there is even more time, I can explode in somebody's face, which is basically using it to its full potential. I run plus speed nature as well as max speed EV's, so I can outspeed opposing azelfs and get a taunt up.

Kingdra@Life Orb
Nature: Mild
EV's: 208 Atk, 136 Spa, 164 Spe

~Rain Dance
~Waterfall
~Hydro Pump
~Draco Meteor

Standard smogon rain kingdra. Not only is it one of the most terrible things to face under the rain (with its one weakness and swift swim), but it can attack on both sides of the spectrum, making very few pokes wall it.

Zapdos@Damp Rock
Nature: Timid
EV's: 192 Hp, 64 Def, 252 Spe

~Rain Dance
~Hidden Power Ice
~Roost
~Thunder

My secondhand set up poke for rain, thunder is 100% accurate in the rain, so I use it over thunderbolt. Not really much to explain, he's a pretty new member to the team.

Kabutops@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

~Swords Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Aqua Jet

Basic physical sweeper. Gives me priority, and just some strong attacks. Pretty new member to the team.

Scizor@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EV's: 200HP/56Atk/252SpD
~Rain Dance
~Roost
~Bullet Punch
~Pursuit

Another poke to set up rain again. Priority is always nice, and pursuit can kill off things I switch in on. Basically all about defense, and getting rain up again. Also counters blissey and tyranitar.

Ludicolo@Life Orb /w/Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EV's: 60 Hp, 252 Spa, 196 Spe

~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam
~Rain Dance

Main special sweeper and counter to vaporeon. Another recently new member to the team. Also another opportunity to set up rain, which is very important.

I have just started making this team, so there isn't a FAQ or checks and counters section, just give me your thoughts. When I start testing I'll make sure to include my thoughts and changes here. Thank you all for your feedback!;243;

365pokemon
15th May 2011, 11:18 PM
I would really love some feedback if anybody has it.

PhearWalker
16th May 2011, 9:00 PM
Use Kingdra, It is a complete neccesity in any OU Rain Team, I prefer a mixed Attacker with Outrage, RD, Waterfall, and HP

365pokemon
16th May 2011, 11:33 PM
I do have a kingdra...

365pokemon
16th May 2011, 11:33 PM
But thanks for the suggestion! Remember, all feedback appreciated!

365pokemon
17th May 2011, 11:32 PM
I hate to comment just to bump, but nobody is giving me any feedback, really. Could people at least let me know if it looks solid?

Gamefreak
18th May 2011, 12:18 AM
Hey, this Rain team is actually pretty good. I am actually a veteran to the playstyle, so I have some suggestions.

Use 252HP/6Atk/252Spe on Azelf! The attack EV's don't help with all too much as Explosion still does enough to everything it needs to, while the HP allows you to set up Rain Dance AND Stealth Rock with much more reliability.

Use Kabutops > Qwilfish. Kabutops is stronger, is just about as fast, has priority, and has resistence to Extreme Speed which is huge. He also has better dual STAB, which can hit Dragonite and Gyarados which would otherwise wall Qwilfish. Explosion is useful I would admit, but sacrificing one of your only 3 sweepers needlessly isn't exactly the greatest idea. Azelf can stop lead Roserade from laying Toxic Spikes anyway, so absorbing Toxic Spikes isn't as great as it seems. They aren't very common either way.

Make Ludicolo offensive. You really don't have enough time to try to be stalling things out in rain. In gen 4, Rain takes the form of hyper offense, you should constantly be attacking and pushing out as much damage as you can within the 8 turns you have. Leech Seed just clashes with the playstyle, is dead weight, and slows you down. Its great speed, typing, coverage, allows you to easily sweep unprepared teams. Think Life Orb Starmie, but much worse. It can also defeat Blissey with Focus Punch. Use a Mild Nature, and move the HP EV's to Atk if you do that.

Use Adamant with 200HP/56Atk/252SpD on Scizor, since it allows you to 2HKO Tyranitar while maximizing your special bulk. Adamant obtains the most stat points overall, while your special bulk is still large enough to easily deal with HP Fire and weaker Heat Wave in rain. Use U-Turn > Pursuit, to deal with bulky grass pokemon a bit more easily. It also lets you flee from Magnezone, since you can survive even HP Fire in Rain.

Also, Dugtrio doesn't need to be that fast, and it doesn't even really kill anything. It is dead weight, and choiced pokemon are frowned in Rain/HO for the most part, so I feel you could use a Zapdos, a Rotom, or a Bronzong in that slot. Starmie is possible too. You seem overprepared for Tyranitar, Scizor is usually enough.

Pretty good rain team, and good luck. If you need help deciding on EV's, or moves just let me know. I will give you the sets I usually use on my rain teams.

365pokemon
18th May 2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks you really have some great feedback. I'll make the changes. Anymore more feedback is greatly appreciated.

Gamefreak
18th May 2011, 1:59 AM
Looks alot better now. If you find out that Gyarados or Blissey is a problem, you could try Focus Punch or Hidden Power Electric on Ludicolo.

If running Focus Punch, run a Mild nature and shift the HP EV's to attack.

365pokemon
18th May 2011, 11:28 AM
Looks alot better now. If you find out that Gyarados or Blissey is a problem, you could try Focus Punch or Hidden Power Electric on Ludicolo.

If running Focus Punch, run a Mild nature and shift the HP EV's to attack.

Thanks for all the feedback. You really helped me out.

365pokemon
18th May 2011, 11:28 AM
All feedback is still appreciated!