PDA

View Full Version : Hallo! (and i have a question..)

Sakurafox
15th May 2011, 3:01 PM
Hi! I'm sakurafox.. and i come with questions >.<
1. When I try to get onto the Pokemon gl, when i hit log in, or enter, etc.. it just reloads the page :/ . how do i fix this? I got in once before..
2. I have an urging desire to go to the pokemon championships. It will be my first time, ill be going to the one in Newark, the northeast regionals. But how the heck do I explain that to my mom?! the reason I play the videogames is for strategy... like chess XP but she'll think im being immature. Of course she wont say anything, but I know she will. And I wont even mention my dad here (cause he'd be like.... whut? youre going to a pokemon championship??.....whut?) it might help if i went with a friend.. but I have no friends that play pokemon >.<
3. yesterday in a trade, I got a pokemon that I find to be suspicious.. it's a lvl 87, shiny zoroark..with pokerus. now the shiny thing alone is setting me off... but the fact that it was apparently was met at lvl 70, AND has pokerus is the icing on the cake. But still, I want to make sure before I get rid of it. Here's some more info.
1.sassy nature, likes to relax.
2. route 5 (in big bold blue letters, what does that mean?)
3.dex no. 077
4.id no 54107
5.male
6.attack:191 Defense:109 Sp. atk: 220 Sp. def: 127(dominant stat) speed: 184(weak stat)
7: ability: illusion
8:moves: punishment, nasty plot, imprison, night daze.
so thats pretty much all about him.. i want to train him for the tournament, but no sense in that if he's botched.

so thats all folks! :) if anyone could help me out, id really appreciate it! ;038;

Electricbluewolf
15th May 2011, 3:09 PM
Heey there welcome to the forums ^_^

1. I think gl is having issues atm, so it's best to leave it and try again every hour or so.
2. It depends how old you are- if you can drive/get there on your own, you only need to tell them what your doing. If you can't maybe Public Transport would help. It doesn't matter if your friends play pokemon, maybe dragging one along (with bribes) might help. Though you might meet alot of new friends there
3. It is hacked-you can only get it from Lostlorn forset with one of the three shiny fatefull encounted dog trio-though just because it has pokerus does not mean it is hacked, you can spread it to your pokemon and make them have pokerus (If they have/n't already) Also do not put it back on gts, as if you got it from there (and angry/whatever emotion) that it is hacked, imagine what other peeps would think if they got it, and it will go around like a roundabout. Just set it back in the wold ^_^

Welcome again, have a good time here ^^

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 3:10 PM
Welcome to the forums.

If the Zoroark was met at level 70, it is not legit.

As for talking to your mom, just make her understand that you like Pokemon, she doesn't have to like it but she can be nice about it and let you do what you want. My family thinks it's a kids game but they understand that I like it so they leave me alone for the most part.

Bronzong#1
15th May 2011, 3:15 PM
Welcome to serebii, Zoroark can be met at lvl 30 with the legendary dog trio so yours is hacked and badly at that. Dont know what you should do on the VCG situation except for maybe public transportation. Good luck witht hat tournamnet and if you need a friend you know where to find me.

Sakurafox
15th May 2011, 3:31 PM
thanx for the info and welcome :D
it is certainly helpful. Well, ive emailed my mom bout the regionals.. I guess it can't be worse than asking about going to my first manga con XD (mom's reaction: what's manga? And why do those people have pink hair? XDXD. I have yet to go to one XDXDXD) I basically told her its like chess, but using little animals. and that most little kids dont even play competitively, so she should expect mostly bored college students and nerds. (my own kind! cept im not in colledge yet. only 14.) so yea. And im defintely canning that zoroark. what a shame.

Bronzong#1
15th May 2011, 3:36 PM
Hey it is a shame but I have a little Zorua egg that I can hatch and would be willing to trade, so if your interested PM me, then I can tell you when I will be ready. BTW I will take anything.

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 4:01 PM
It's a shame about the Zoroark but you could always MM a shiny Zorua, to get one legitimately =)

Mister_SGG
15th May 2011, 4:21 PM
1.sassy nature, likes to relax.
2. route 5 (in big bold blue letters, what does that mean?)
3.dex no. 077
4.id no 54107
5.male
6.attack:191 Defense:109 Sp. atk: 220 Sp. def: 127(dominant stat) speed: 184(weak stat)
7: ability: illusion
8:moves: punishment, nasty plot, imprison, night daze.
so thats pretty much all about him.. i want to train him for the tournament, but no sense in that if he's botched.

Welcome. Allow me to answer your questions...

1. Sassy nature is stupid on a Zoroark. I don't give a damn that it's shiny, don't use it.
2. Hacked. You can only find legit Zoroarks in Lostlorn Forest or Castelia City if it was evolved from Zorua, unless they were hatched from Eggs in which case it should have the standard "Received at..." and "Hatched at..." crap.
3. That's good.
4. Still good.
5. Still good.
6. Those are some ****ty stats.
7. Normal.
8. Possible.

Overall, it's blatantly obvious your Zoroark is hacked, but it's nature is horrible, so you wouldn't want it anyway.

Emerald 2006
15th May 2011, 4:46 PM
As for the Zoroark, it is hacked, if you're concerned about it,
simply release it back into the Wilds and leave it at that.

And Welcome to the Serebii Forums!

BarkingRat
15th May 2011, 7:11 PM
You know, I didn't even think about the possibility of receiving hacked pokemon in trades, but now I have an urge to inspect all the pokemon I got in trades. I'm way too trusting.

Sakurafox
15th May 2011, 7:12 PM
XP lol a spammer is on mah thread!
Thank you for your replies! But this brings up another (noob) question. To get a shiny zorua legit, what is an MM?

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 7:26 PM
XP lol a spammer is on mah thread!
Thank you for your replies! But this brings up another (noob) question. To get a shiny zorua legit, what is an MM?

MM = Masuda method.

Basically you breed together Pokemon from 2 different language versions of the game (ex - Japanese and English), which increases your odds of getting a shiny when you hatch eggs.

It generally helps to get a Japanese ditto since you can use it to increase the odds of getting any shiny (since it can be bred with anything).

Also, to get a shiny with the nature you want, you can use an everstone. If you give an everstone to one of the parents, it gives you a 50% chance of that parent passing on their nature. Good natures for Zorua are Timid and Modest.

Sakurafox
15th May 2011, 7:29 PM
that sounds very interesting.. i do indeed have a pokemon from the jjapanese version, it was traded to me. If I bred it with one of my (english vesion) pokemon would it work?

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 7:32 PM
that sounds very interesting.. i do indeed have a pokemon from the jjapanese version, it was traded to me. If I bred it with one of my (english vesion) pokemon would it work?

As long as they are different genders and in the same breeding group, it would work =)

Sakurafox
15th May 2011, 7:33 PM
Cool! Ill try it whith my Japanese braviary :)

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 7:35 PM
Good luck =) If you want to discuss shiny pokemon further there is a Shiny Pokemon Thread in the Pokemon Black and White Section of the Gen V forum.

Sakurafox
17th May 2011, 3:52 AM
:D YAAAYY!! Unbelievably, my mom is actually happy about me going to the championships!! OMG i have soo much work to do on my pokemon tho.. still, it's worth it! A grueling month of EV training and IV hunting during school finals and projects and graduation here I come! :D SEE YOU ALL AT THE NORTHEAST REGIONALS!!