PDA

View Full Version : RMT, Take One

ares43
15th May 2011, 9:15 PM
I haven't made a team in a while, so we'll see how this goes.. I apologize if too little information is given.

Azelf ;482; @Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Naive [+Spe, -SpD]
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Psychic
-Explosion

This lead can stop other leads from setting up Stealth Rock/other entry hazards, and then proceed to set up its own. Psychic is for taking out the opposing lead, and hopefully start a sweep. If any kind of sweeper switches in, hit them with Explosion. This could stop a potential set-up. Can also be used to bait a Dark/Ghost type move, in which case switch in Umbreon.

Umbreon ;197; @Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Nature: Careful [+SpD, -SpA]
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Protect

Used to wall anything Azelf can't handle. Then it will lock said pokemon in with Mean Look then Baton Pass away to a sweeper. Also used to pass Wishes around. Protect is for, well, protection.

Jirachi ;385; @Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly [+Spd, -SpA]
-Iron Head
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

This set is used for revenge killing.Moveset gives nice type coverage. It can take down walls and set up sweepers (Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, Dragonite) Serene Grace + Iron Head gives a 60% chance flinch rate. If threatened by a Fire/Ground type move, switch in Gyarados.

Gyarados ;130; @Leftovers
Abililty: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance

Standard DD sweeper, I can't really say much here. After 1 DD, he should hit around 385-400 Speed if my calculations are right. Leftovers is for healing, Stone Edge is for taking down opposing Gyarados/Dragonite. If threatened by Boltbeam Starmie, switch in Electivire.

Electivire ;466; @Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SpA]
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

This guy pretty much lives off of the Motor Drive boost from the Gyarados switch-in I mentioned before. He doesn't hit as hard because of his nature being Jolly instead of Adamant, but Expert Belt will hopefully make up for that with harder hits.

Swampert ;260; @Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SpD
Nature: Impish [+Def, -SpAtk]
-Curse
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch/Mirror Coat???? I don't know what to put here..
Nice partner for Jirachi, solid defensive wall.

If you are reading this RMT, could you please make any suggestions at all and also give me a rating out of 10?
Thanks.

365pokemon
18th May 2011, 1:11 PM
Looks pretty solid, although umbreon can't take a u turn at azelf. Skarmory might work better, as it resists everything, and is a much better wall. If heracross switches in on ducknoir, not much of your team can take guts boosted megahorns, and if they can not close combat. A bulky swampert can take fire and earth attacks at rachi, and won't be giving heracross any boosts. You don't really have a specially defensive wall, however. I would use a curse swampert that's specially defensively based. Skarmory can take grass hits well, actually most of your team can.

ares43
18th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Ok thanks. I'll use Skarmory as my defensive wall, for my special wall I have this nice Careful Curselax (with Thick Fat) Do you think that could work out well?

365pokemon
18th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Well... curselax means your weak to fighting. Maybe get rid of azelf for skarmory to set up entry hazards, and use curselax over umbreon, to keep your fighting resistance in dusknoir.

JPResp
21st May 2011, 1:47 AM
umbreon is taunt bait, so you might want at least one attack on him.

Sammekins
21st May 2011, 3:39 AM
Give Umbreon Payback, for any psychic or ghosts.

365pokemon
21st May 2011, 1:16 PM
Were you people listening? What we were talking about is replacing umbreon. Yes, umbreon is taunt bait, so are lots of pokes, but it doesn't even matter because umbreon might not even be on the team.

ares43
22nd May 2011, 1:31 AM
So here's what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to run Swampert instead of Dusknoir. As for my Umbreon, I checked his EVs in a calculator and they turned out to be 252 HP/ 164 SpDef/ 92 Spe so he can be a decent special wall. About running an attacking move on him: I honestly don't see the benefit of that. I can use Protect to scout to see if the opponents going to try and Taunt me, and if so I'll just switch out.

Darkerones
22nd May 2011, 7:12 PM
Very nice team. But what's the point of stealth rock if you are using umbreon to trap? And on your team a Jolly Gyarados might be preferable. Run ice punch on Swampert of you aren't running ice fang on gyarados. So now instead of ice punch on Jirachi you can screw stallers over with Trick. 8.5/10.

365pokemon
22nd May 2011, 8:40 PM
Wait, so skarm isn't on the team over umbreon? It resists all of azelfs weaknesses, something umbreon does not do. But shed skin on it so that if a magnezone switches in thinking they will trap you, you can switch to evire.