PDA

View Full Version : Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

Pages : [1] 2

Serebii
19th May 2011, 10:43 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/694.jpgPalpitoad & Stunfisk! Battle at the Waterfront!

While trying to train his Oshawott to overcome its problems with Aqua Jet, Ash & Co. are soon attacked by a group of Foongus which Scraggy inadvertantly angered and cause the group to be poisoned, and it's up to Oshawott to help them. However, in the nearby lake, a Palpitoad and Stunfisk are feuding...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/694.shtml)

Discuss

Grassmen
19th May 2011, 12:06 PM
Great to see that Emolga and Snivy still have their rivalry.

And Cilan's "It's lunch tiiiiimmmmee" was fabulous.

Oh my god, captures! YAY! Ash captures Palpitoad, Cilan catches Stunfisk!

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 12:21 PM
caught 'em both!!!

fukamaru
19th May 2011, 12:22 PM
omg Ash & Cilan caught Palpitoad & Stunfisk

Grassmen
19th May 2011, 12:22 PM
2 captures and a move perfected in the same episode. Brilliant :D

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 12:23 PM
love how dento weakened stunfisk by slamming it while on the fishing pole lol

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 12:24 PM
Wait, who caught who? I haven't seen it yet and won't until it's dubbed.

sunyshore.com
19th May 2011, 12:24 PM
Dento caught maggyo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah

life is good xd

realarcastform
19th May 2011, 12:25 PM
YES!!!! New captures!!!
Ash DIDN'T get Stunfisk! Cilan did.
Oshawatt masters Aqua Jet!
Ash gets a Palpitoad!! I was RIGHT!!!!!!!
He's got a ground type now! So the next one he'll get is a rock type- Roggenrola.

Brandon00151
19th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Oshawott master Aqua Jet and Ash Catches Palpitoad Cilan catches Stunfish! A DOUBLE CAPTURE!

BEST EPISODE (of Black and White at least) YET!

Lucario At Service
19th May 2011, 12:29 PM
Well i can now understand why a Stunfisk is so weak in the games. It is so thin and light weight that even a person like Cilam is able to lift it and swing it around.

MechaBulba
19th May 2011, 12:33 PM
A Stunfisk on the main cast! AWESOME!!!!!
That makes an electric type each. Remember the days when people said Pikachu MUST be the only electric type in the show.

Not to happy about Palpitoad, as awesome as its animated the thing is still extremely ugly, however its evo looks awesome. Hope this don't ruined the chances for his first ever Rock type in 2 weeks.

Anyways, this is epic. Hope Palpitoad and Stunfisk remain close when together.

Beeblebrox
19th May 2011, 12:34 PM
Ash with Palpitoad? Cilan with STUNFISK?

Thank you, writers. You're awesome. :D

realarcastform
19th May 2011, 12:35 PM
Notice that every person in the group has an Electric type now.
Craziness!!

ShinyShelgon
19th May 2011, 12:35 PM
I'm so happy Ash got Palpitoad instead of it's pre-evo which is the freakiest ugliest pokemon ever! Can't wait until it evolves into seismitoad, it'll be a powerhouse fo' sho'!

Not sure what I make of Stunfisk - hopefully it's used and has a personality!

As for Oshawott mastering aqua jet - awesomeee! I still think he'll get used more than palpitoad because he's the star of the show and is more of a fighting-style pokemon :)

dman_dustin
19th May 2011, 12:38 PM
Damn it all to hell........

I didn't want Ash to catch a Palpitoad, but the denial of the capture (prior to the episode), is what's annoying me the most.

I LOL at Cilan catching Stunfisk though, I though that was epic.

But damn....Palpitoad. So when can we except Ash's Litwick, or Larvesta? Well the good news I guess is, at least Ash actually has a ground type that can be used as a ground type. Unlike say the other 4 billion ground types Ash owns.

But LOL, Scraggy was awesome, and I liked how all the other Pokemon were coming to his aid. And YAY Oshawott master aqua jet....YAY.

realarcastform
19th May 2011, 12:45 PM
Damn it all to hell........

I didn't want Ash to catch a Palpitoad, but the denial of the capture (prior to the episode), is what's annoying me the most.

I LOL at Cilan catching Stunfisk though, I though that was epic.

But damn....Palpitoad. So when can we except Ash's Litwick, or Larvesta? Well the good news I guess is, at least Ash actually has a ground type that can be used as a ground type. Unlike say the other 4 billion ground types Ash owns.

But LOL, Scraggy was awesome, and I liked how all the other Pokemon were coming to his aid. And YAY Oshawott master aqua jet....YAY.

Dude he has to catch SOMETHING to defeat Elesa, looks like he's catching 2 pokes to defeat her. He caught Palpitoad now Roggenrola's next.

BTW Tympole isn't ugly.
I like Tympole it reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Well the good news I guess is, at least Ash actually has a ground type that can be used as a ground type. Unlike say the other 4 billion ground types Ash owns.

donphan, torterra, gible, and gliscor make exactly four. I never realized he had so many :p

Locormus
19th May 2011, 12:54 PM
donphan, torterra, gible, and gliscor make exactly four. I never realized he had so many :p

Yeah, and Donphan can't use its Earthquake, Torterra uses Rock Climb as a substitute Ground move, Gible uses Dig, so I don't know what Dman is whining about, and Gliscor uses Sand Attack, but is more aerial specialized..

We'll get the same with Palpitoad, it has Hydro Pump for godsakes..

Eitherway, I'm still hoping for Krokorok! Although I knew at least Stunfisk was going to happen.. :P

Love the Derpaderp :D

Gaiash
19th May 2011, 12:59 PM
Gible and Gliscor each only have one ground move. Donphan used to know Earthquake but since that move hasn't been in the anime in years it currently has no ground moves. Gliscor's most recent moveset includes bug, normal, fire and rock moves but no ground, which was Sand-Attack anyway so it didn't even do real damage. Torterra never knew any ground moves.

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 1:00 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/092/0/a/cilan_sprite_by_ninjasensei88-d3d2lad.pnghttp://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/618.gif
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/055/2/e/pokemon_sprite_ash_ketchum_bw_by_luckygirl88-d3ac2aa.pnghttp://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/536.gif
Credit to Luckygirl88 for the Ash sprite

Ash got dumber, Cilan got Godlier.

Edit: Stupid image tags...

dman_dustin
19th May 2011, 1:03 PM
Yeah, and Donphan can't use its Earthquake, Torterra uses Rock Climb as a substitute Ground move, Gible uses Dig, so I don't know what Dman is whining about, and Gliscor uses Sand Attack, but is more aerial specialized. Oh you didn't hear about me then.

If the Pokemon's eyes aren't glowing, the ground isn't shaking and the opponent isn't being sucked up in the ground, I don't count it as a ground type move.

And ooh, Sand Attack, that'll knock out a Pokemon. And dig, when did Gible ever use dig as an attack?

We'll get the same with Palpitoad, it has Hydro Pump for godsakes..

It has mud shot you know, mud shot is already loads better than dig as ground type move. Well if not mud shot, it's sure something ground type attack worthy.

watch how it turns out to be sludge bomb -_-

sunyshore.com
19th May 2011, 1:05 PM
do you guys realize this is the first non-rodent electric on the main cast in...hmm.....EVER???

http://sunyshore.com/scrap/maggyotime06.jpg

not a big deal since i love electrics, i think it's a big deal since the electric element has always been given to pikachu, and starting in DP, the classic electric rodent, in the main anime, never any other pokemon.

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 1:06 PM
Gible and Gliscor each only have one ground move. Donphan used to know Earthquake but since that move hasn't been in the anime in years it currently has no ground moves. Gliscor's most recent moveset includes bug, normal, fire and rock moves but no ground, which was Sand-Attack anyway so it didn't even do real damage. Torterra never knew any ground moves.

I misunderstood the complaint, but I'm still pleasantly surprised with Palpitoad. A pretty different moveset for Ash atm

MastersOfMonsters
19th May 2011, 1:07 PM
Oh God, i soo doubted that any of those Pkmn would be caught by a main character, and now they Both got caught?!
... Well, i've not seen the episode yet, so i'll decide if i like them after i've seen it.
I was so sure that Shooti/Trip would get a Palpitoad, though! XD
Btw, is this the first time there's been two captures in one episode?

artmusicboy
19th May 2011, 1:15 PM
I expected Ash to get Palpitoad, what I didn't see coming is Cilan catching Stunkfisk

Grassmen
19th May 2011, 1:17 PM
Oh God, i soo doubted that any of those Pkmn would be caught by a main character, and now they Both got caught?!
... Well, i've not seen the episode yet, so i'll decide if i like them after i've seen it.
I was so sure that Shooti/Trip would get a Palpitoad, though! XD
Btw, is this the first time there's been two captures in one episode?

Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode, as well as the time he caught 30 Tauros. Apart from that, I think that's it. It's the first time two different protagonists have both caught a pokemon in the same episode I think.

JavierEA
19th May 2011, 1:23 PM
Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode, as well as the time he caught 30 Tauros. Apart from that, I think that's it. It's the first time two different protagonists have both caught a pokemon in the same episode I think.

You forgot May's and Jessie's wurmples ;)

realarcastform
19th May 2011, 1:24 PM
Dude do you guys realize what Ash caught?
He caught another pokemon that will evolve REALLY QUICKLY.
His Palpitoad knows Hyper Voice (Learns this at Lvl. 51 folks) and Hydro Pump (at 47).
The next time we see Palpitoad, we just might see an evolution very very soon.

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 1:27 PM
Dude do you guys realize what Ash caught?
He caught another pokemon that will evolve REALLY QUICKLY.
His Palpitoad knows Hyper Voice (Learns this at Lvl. 51 folks) and Hydro Pump (at 47).
The next time we see Palpitoad, we just might see an evolution very very soon.

And Pikachu learnt Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle is an egg/event move.
That means nothing.

MastersOfMonsters
19th May 2011, 1:30 PM

Oh, right, how could i forget Caterpie and Pidgeotto... *facepalm*. Thanks. XD
Oh, but Brock caught one(or more) of those Tauros, too, i think. But it probably doesn't count since it was Ash's Pokéballs anyways...

realarcastform
19th May 2011, 1:32 PM
And Pikachu learnt Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle is an egg/event move.
That means nothing.

Well dude this series is closer to the games in terms of levels and attacks, besides he was the leader of a whole fleet of Tympole and was really strong. He's bound to evolve very quick, he's not unlike that Torchic with a power complex who evolved into a Combusken before their trainer picked them up.

pikadon92
19th May 2011, 1:33 PM
My reaction to Cilan catching a stunfisk in a nutshell. You may want to skip to 0:28 for the whole song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE)

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 1:34 PM
Well dude this series is closer to the games in terms of levels and attacks, besides he was the leader of a whole fleet of Tympole and was really strong. He's bound to evolve very quick, he's not unlike that Torchic with a power complex who evolved into a Combusken before their trainer picked them up.

Yeah but they're not going to give him Seismitoad this early on. It's far too early for him to be running around killing everything with a Seismitoad.

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 1:36 PM
Yeah but they're not going to give him Palpitoad this early on.

They just did give him a Palpitoad :o

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 1:37 PM
They just did give him a Palpitoad :o

Obviously it was a typo -_-

Hejiru
19th May 2011, 1:46 PM
An EIGHTH Pokemon? Geez.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th May 2011, 1:47 PM
cilan caught the derpiest most LOl idiot fish ever = WIN AHAHAHAHAHAHHA LOL CILAN i thought croagunk was priceless but this is gonna be comic relief + batonpass foretress :D!! and ash caught that ugly frog = :( but more pokes = win :D

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 2:03 PM
So Ash caught Palpitoad & Cilan caught Stunfisk, I REALLY didn't see that coming

Rudruma
19th May 2011, 2:08 PM
Three words, bye-bye Swadloon

Eternal Darkness
19th May 2011, 2:12 PM
Yes! I was right! You don't need info to know which Pokemon is caught!

Now, to go watch it!

*Drifts farther into insanity*

playerking
19th May 2011, 2:23 PM
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about). At least Cilan's made sense, but what about the movie picture? Cilan only had Dwebble and Pansage, are the writers just trolling with us?

Possibly the best possible episode so far, turned into the worst.

*Throws chair at laptop screen*.

uhhhhh
19th May 2011, 2:32 PM
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about). At least Cilan's made sense, but what about the movie picture? Cilan only had Dwebble and Pansage, are the writers just trolling with us?

Eh. I guess that's probably to avoid spoilers and all. Then again, we are supposed to have this episode somewhere in June...

Sabonea_Masukippa
19th May 2011, 2:41 PM
Oh, blindsided. I love it, especially since it put these two on the cast. Haven't watched the ep yet, although I've heard it's good.

Satoshi's girl
19th May 2011, 2:54 PM
:D This is my best favorite best wishes ep so far <3 ash and cilan both caught a pokemon <3

Chill92
So Ash getting a Palpitoad was not a joke afterall... wow if he catches Roggenrola 2 episodes after this then he will have 9 freakin pokemon. He really is steppin up his game.
Cilan getting derpfish was a big surprise too, wonder how it's personality will be. Cilan would be the most awesome guy if he could make a stunfish fabolous :P

parukia49
I just hope Ash's capture of Palpitoad doesn't stop Ash getting Krokorok. I would love to see Ash with that Krokorok.

playerking
19th May 2011, 3:00 PM
So Ash getting a Palpitoad was not a joke afteralll

The april fools one was a joke, Ash capturing one in this episode was just a coincidence and a random capture at that.

Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious.

AMEN!

Eternal Darkness
19th May 2011, 3:02 PM
AMEN!

Why do you guys think its so bad? It isn't as bad as a Magikarp.

MidnightMelody
19th May 2011, 3:05 PM
WTF is with people calling this the worst ep? So he caught a pokemon and Cilan caught Stunkfisk? Who cares if it was random?! You people need to get over selfs and just enjoy the show. With this attitude people will leave the Pokemon fanbase and join the Justin Bieber fanbase!

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 3:16 PM
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about).

To be honest, the situation was kind of the same when Ash caught Muk way back when

A.J.
19th May 2011, 3:18 PM
I didn't think the episode was bad - it just had way too many things going on at once.
Oshawott mastering Aqua Jet.
Oshawott learning how to battle underwater.
Ash capturing Palpitoad.
Cilan capturing Stunfisk.
The pokemon being poisoned.

The episode seemed more like the video games than anything else - with spur-of-the-moment captures, kind of like when Ash captured his Muk back in Kanto.

Stunfisk is absolutely hilarious though.

Blazios
19th May 2011, 3:21 PM
Stunfisk is on the main cast. This is the best thing ever.

Eternal Darkness
19th May 2011, 3:28 PM
Stunfisk is on the main cast. This is the best thing ever.

Once the awesomeness of Ash catching Palpitoad wears off, I'll probably be pissed Cilan caught Stunfisk. Until then, I'll be happy.

1rkhachatryan
19th May 2011, 3:31 PM
I freaken knew Palpitoad would get captured!!!!!!! But dento catching the deep??? Oh the writers and there comparisons to the old series, psyduck shall always be the derpiest so don't try to replace it!!! Finally the oshawott eps are over well for two episodes at least lol.

playerking
19th May 2011, 3:35 PM
Why do you guys think its so bad? It isn't as bad as a Magikarp.

I have no beef with Stunfisk, or Magikrp, or even Palpitoad to that extent, but the randomness and pointlessness of the capture if just stupid. Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, Swadloon needs more attention.

Hejiru
19th May 2011, 3:36 PM
and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish. God I hope somebody stomps it's face.

Have you seen Stunfisk? I think somebody already did that.

PokeMasterJames
19th May 2011, 3:46 PM
This is the first episode where two cast members caught a new Pokemon and the first time all 3 main cast members have an Electric-type on their team. Fantastic episode.

Missingno. Master
19th May 2011, 3:58 PM
^Yes to the second, but as to the first, Jessie and May each caught a Wurmple in the same episode, so yeah.l

I gotta say, did not see any of this coming at all. I thought that if anything, Jessie would catch Stunfisk as a Wobbuffet replacement, as well as a pitfall trap replacement (instead of digging holes for the twerps to fall in, Stunfisk could've just hidden in their path, and zapped them when they stepped on it). But at least there's a Stunfisk in the main cast, that's the important thing.

As for Ash catching Palpitoad... Eh. Don't get me wrong, it's great that he's catching stuff for no apparent reason again, but... Seismitoad is butt ugly. I would've prefered Ash catching Stunfisk. I mean, Cilan will probably be written off the show eventually, and Stunfisk with him. But Ash is a constant. Which means there would have ALWAYS been the possibility of him using it. But Arceus forbid Ash gets a second Electric-type, am I right?

Still, as I say, it's great that a main character has a Stunfisk, and that Ash is starting to catch random stuff for no apparent reason once more. Really opens up a few possibilities for Ash, right? Like, Foongus, Trubbish, Venipede... dare I say Weezing? I mean, you know, eventually. Obviously we're not gonna see a Weezing in Unova, but I mean eventually, like, in Generation VI, or a filler saga in Hoenn. But I'm getting off-topic here.

I hope Cilan uses Stunfisk often. It's a cool Pokemon that needs the screentime. As for Ash and Palpitoad... If it stays a Palpitoad, I won't complain. If it evolves... Well, maybe the anime will tone down Seismitoad's ugliness a bit, or the species might grow on me a bit by the time it would become an isshu...

minredd
19th May 2011, 4:11 PM
Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious. When Palpitoad evolves, the first ever Pokemon perv joins the team, and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish.
Excuse me, but what do you mean? I'm having a hard time following what you meant. How is Palpitoad a perv?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 4:14 PM
Hurrayz! We get to see Stunfisk in future episodes! I love Pokemon!

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 4:16 PM
Hurrayz! We get to see Stunfisk in future episodes! I love Pokemon!

YES!

Cilan + Stunfisk = M ORE STUNFISK!

though I still wish Ash caught it instead, I am glad someone caught it...

jscholfield
19th May 2011, 4:30 PM
my fav episode yet

ThaVega
19th May 2011, 4:34 PM
Seemed like a nice episode. Much mijumaru development made the episode much better than just a capture. I like his personality and I think it is going to be a big powerhouse in the end, but probably not gonna evolve due to being very very cute and funny. I thought Dento was gonna go Jessy way of capturing pokemon when he started to use his rod as a weapon (like she did seviper) but I guess we didn't get to see his fury swipes, would be funny though.

The Eleventh
19th May 2011, 4:36 PM
I'm glad Ash got Palpitoad, as I think it suits him nicely. But Cilan with Stunfisk. . ! Hahaha! Although I've gotta say that anime Stunfisk doesn't look nearly as derpy as game Stunfisk. Plus, move-mastering for Oshawott. (:

Chimchar15
19th May 2011, 4:38 PM
I have no beef with Stunfisk, or Magikrp, or even Palpitoad to that extent, but the randomness and pointlessness of the capture if just stupid. Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, Swadloon needs more attention.

So, that's like saying I can't randomly capture a Pokemon in my game. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason for a capture.

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 4:54 PM
Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, . . .

First of all, thank you

Secondly, if I had to guess, it would probably be because Palpitoad & Stunfisk were sort of like gangster or bullies or something and if Ash & Cilan didn't catch them they wouldn't be able to get the seaweed Iris needed to heal the other pokemon from the Foongus's (Foongi's) Poison powder.

Plus, maybe Ash also caught Palpitoad because he saw Trip was interested one in the previous episode, though I'm still debating whether or not it's the same one -,-

Pyrax
19th May 2011, 4:55 PM
Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious. When Palpitoad evolves, the first ever Pokemon perv joins the team, and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish.

Excuse me, but what do you mean? I'm having a hard time following what you meant. How is Palpitoad a perv?

Waterpokes could be referring to Seismitoad's stare.

playerking
19th May 2011, 4:57 PM
So, that's like saying I can't randomly capture a Pokemon in my game. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason for a capture.

Of course he can capture it randomly, there's no stopping him for doing that. It's just stupid, it was just too weird of a capture.

Plus, now Cilan has a Stunfisk, sure it looks a bit better in the anime, but it being on the main cast? I might just have to skip its appearances from now on, Two stupid captures waisted, in my opinion.

Jash Thor
19th May 2011, 4:59 PM
How nice it is to actually be surprised for once! I'm loving all the little twists and turns in this saga. Stunfisk is an unexpected yet absolutely awesome addition. Hope to see Cilan release him onto ground and then stand by dumbly as he flops around. I'm guessing Palpitoad is this generation's Muk; he'll probably reappear thirty episodes later for a gym battle and then evolve. Something like that.

Oshawott's development is slowly becoming my favorite. The way he flips back and forth between confident and frightened is great, and his Aqua Jet issue (opening his eyes underwater) is such a simple yet ingenius plot hurdle. Here's to hoping one of Ash's other Pokemon have equally interesting moments.

Also, I'm glad that TR is taking a small break. They may have slipped back into a modified version of their old selves (a seriously unfortunate turn), but at least the writers are smartly using them in regulated amounts. Moderation makes them more interesting.

playerking
19th May 2011, 5:00 PM
First of all, thank you

Secondly, if I had to guess, it would probably be because Palpitoad & Stunfisk were sort of like gangster or bullies or something and if Ash & Cilan didn't catch them they wouldn't be able to get the seaweed Iris needed to heal the other pokemon from the Foongus's (Foongi's) Poison powder.

Plus, maybe Ash also caught Palpitoad because he saw Trip was interested one in the previous episode, though I'm still debating whether or not it's the same one -,-

Yeah, that's probably why they got them, but if that's the only reason they did it, then there's no point keeping them anymore. And the Palpitoad is a different one, the other one acted a bit differently I think and it definitely looks different.

streetlightdsb
19th May 2011, 5:01 PM
^We've been over this playerking, Pokemon you don't like =/= wasted captures...

So. Was not expecting the Palpitoad capture to be honest. I was just expecting Aqua Jet perfection alone, but a double capture? Jeez.

I literally laughed my head off when I saw Cilan's updated character bio.

playerking
19th May 2011, 5:05 PM
^We've been over this playerking, Pokemon you don't like =/= wasted captures...

So. Was not expecting the Palpitoad capture to be honest. I was just expecting Aqua Jet perfection alone, but a double capture? Jeez.

Well no ----. Of course that's what I meant, hence, "In my opinion".

>.>'

When I saw what happened in this episode on Bulbpedia, I thought someone was just trolling, but alas, it was true. I hope this doesn't mean that Trip can't get one, despite Ash having one. At least it's rotting at Junipers.

Venomfang
19th May 2011, 5:06 PM
I'm ok with Cilan catching Stunfisk, but Ash catching palpitoad? Oshawott's chances of evolving are ruined.

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 5:07 PM
I did not see this coming. Two captures? Wow. And Palpitoad and Stunfisk...yay.

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 5:08 PM

Speaking of which, how come the main site never updated Ash's character to show pokemon in Prof. Juniper's lab?

ashds
19th May 2011, 5:12 PM
I could have swore I saw Oshawott doing a barrel roll when it was battleing Palpitoad

Karpi
19th May 2011, 5:15 PM
I expected Swadloon to evolve and possibly get released before Ash's next capture. Oh well, none of us really liked that dumb thing anyway. Goodbye, and have fun rotting at Juniper's for all of eternity!

freekhenstra
19th May 2011, 5:25 PM
Speaking of which, how come the main site never updated Ash's character to show pokemon in Prof. Juniper's lab?

On Ash's bio, look beneath his badges and above Pikachu and you'll see why.

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 5:30 PM
On Ash's bio, look beneath his badges and above Pikachu and you'll see why.

Ok, now I get it. Anyway, I've got a strong hunch that now Ash we'll use Pikachu, Oshawott & Palpitoad for the Nimbassa gym:
* Pikachu because it's an electric type
* Palpitoad because it's part ground
* Oshawott because of all the training it's having with Ash to show how much it has grown. Plus Oshawott can use his scalpchop to deflect electric attacks

If not Palpitoad than either Tepig or Snivy

A.J.
19th May 2011, 5:45 PM
You know, all these captures, plus the involvement of Juniper instead of Oak, sort of point to Ash using only Unova-region pokemon (bar Pikachu) in the league - at least in my opinion.

PokeMasterJames
19th May 2011, 5:51 PM
People are really this upset at Ash catching more Pokemon? I for one am glad he's catching more than 5 like the last few regions now. I think the writers have learned from their mistakes in Kanto of how to handle a bunch of Pokemon equally and this saga is going to show it.

So what if it seems Tranquill and Swadloon are being ignored right now? They WILL get their time to shine on his team (hell, Sewaddle/Swadloon got it in the Castelia Gym Battle). Tranquill will evolve by the 6th Gym, maybe in a rival battle against Trip before then, who knows.

Swadloon evolves with happiness, do you honestly believe it will stay as a Swadloon with a trainer like Ash? Don't feed me that 'it's ignored, it will never evolve' crap, because for all we know, the writers have an episode with Ash and Swadloon bonding leading to it's evolution planned for the future before the Nimbasa Gym.

Palpitoad is likely going to stay as Palpitoad since Ash is focused on Oshawott, which in my opinion does not at all hurt Oshawott's chance of evolving.

And, it seems Roggenrola is very likely to be caught, continuing a new trend of stuff Ash never captured before (Dragon-type; Gible, Dark-type; Scraggy, Bug-type (for the first time since Johto); Swadloon). I think the writers purposely gave Trip a Timburr for the reason of them trading an evolving their respective Gurdurr and Boldore down the road.

As for other possible captures, it's really up in the air (even though I think Ash with get a Lampent to balance out the 2 Grass and Waters types), as the writers can give him as many Pokemon as they want whether we, the Pokemon fandom, complain and ***** about a Pokemon not fitting a certain trainer.

I was happy with this episode, Oshawott got development and we got 2 surprise captures. The writers should throw in surprises like that more often. Great episode.

Raichu:)
19th May 2011, 5:54 PM
wow thats an anti-climax. Ash and palpitoad. disapointing. It bothers me that ash only has 3 gym badges and had 8 pokemon. hes gunna be rid of swadloon when it becomes levanny coz it will go away like primape did maybe palpitoads a primape?, but i doubt it.........

ill accept 10 for him, but tbh anymore is just confusing to follow
poor scraggy wheres his develpoment, hes still just a baby.

i don't think palpitoad suits ash. lol just realised ut reminds me of a wobbufet with warts :):) lol

cilan getting stunfisk was a surprise what happened to the grass gyme leader? (ooooh maybe he will take control of swadloon!!!!!!!)

streetlightdsb
19th May 2011, 5:55 PM

>.>'

When I saw what happened in this episode on Bulbpedia, I thought someone was just trolling, but alas, it was true. I hope this doesn't mean that Trip can't get one, despite Ash having one. At least it's rotting at Junipers.
Fair enough, I'm sure you'll grow to like Palpitoad+Stunfisk though.

I'm ok with Cilan catching Stunfisk, but Ash catching palpitoad? Oshawott's chances of evolving are ruined.
No, they're not.

You know, all these captures, plus the involvement of Juniper instead of Oak, sort of point to Ash using only Unova-region pokemon (bar Pikachu) in the league - at least in my opinion.

You're not alone. In Sinnoh Ash had 6 new Pokemon and he used reserves. This time he's already topped that in under a quarter of the time it took to catch those ones, and this is the "fresh start" (term used loosely) region, stated to be far away. I'm sure he'll only use Unovan Pokes.

gliscor&yanmega
19th May 2011, 5:56 PM
"It's Lunch Time"

"It's Fishing Time"

"It's Who Cares Cilan Is Saying Stuff Time"

I could watch an entire episode of Cilan just speaking...I wouldn't understand a word but every word will sound so awesome it wouldn't even matter.

So yah...Cilan was great as always for me.

Iris was in the back seat this time, she was busy trying to take care of all the Pokemon though so she had her moment.

I'm wondering if Tympole may have debuted in BW026, Ash never checked it on the Pokedex, noted he was a little to busy worrying about Oshawott but that doesn't really ever stop him. So I'm under the impression it debuted in BW026. Regardless, they were interesting.

Palpitoad probably isn't the same one from last episode, if it was Ash most likely would have a flashback of it, or Palpitoad would have a flashback of Ash. So I'd say it's a completely new one. The personality are pretty different too. Shocked that Ash caught it, I don't mind though. Oh and I think this is the first time Ash had a Pokemon with Hydro Pump, I may be wrong but I don't remember anyone with it, maybe Squirtle, regardless it's nice to see something other then Water Gun.

Stunfisk was...awesome, it had it's face in the game when it used Thunderbolt(Or whatever the move was). Was awesome when Cilan was spinning it around. Shocked that Cilan caught it, I don't mind though.

Foonguss...they look weird when they are shown as Pokeballs. And they roll away...odd little things. Would have been interesting if Iris caught one, that means everyone in the episode got a Pokemon lol.

Oshawott finally able to open it's eyes underwater and more importantly during Aqua Jet, hopefully it stays that way.

Ash was just helping Oshawott the entire episode, nothing really stands out for him in this episode in my eyes.

I enjoyed the episode a lot.

19th May 2011, 5:58 PM
And, it seems Roggenrola is very likely to be caught, continuing a new trend of stuff Ash never captured before (Dragon-type; Gible, Dark-type; Scraggy, Bug-type (for the first time since Johto); Swadloon). I think the writers purposely gave Trip a Timburr for the reason of them trading an evolving their respective Gurdurr and Boldore down the road.

erm, when did cast members need to trade to evolve. paul had electivire from an electebuzz which needs trading with electirizer.
i think your reading too much into it

PokeMasterJames
19th May 2011, 6:02 PM
erm, when did cast members need to trade to evolve. paul had electivire from an electebuzz which needs trading with electirizer.
i think your reading too much into it

How exactly? They never showed Gary or Paul trading their Pokemon on-screen, so you can't say they simply evolved their Pokemon without the special items without proof of such.

It's a saga of firsts this go around, anything can and will likely happen.

19th May 2011, 6:07 PM
How exactly? They never showed Gary or Paul trading their Pokemon on-screen, so you can't say they simply evolved their Pokemon without the special items without proof of such.

It's a saga of firsts this go around, anything can and will likely happen.

i suppose, but paul had elekid-electabuzz-electivire and it was the same pokemon but ill accept your opinion as it is valid

RickHoenn
19th May 2011, 6:11 PM
WTF?!

A lot of eggs in your face!! ha! everyday you denied and said to everyone it was impossible Ash to catch Palpitoad!! HAHAHA.

AMAZING EPISODE! two captures in one ep. I think since the Hoenn ep. when May & Jessie caught Wurmple we didn't have one of those!

I might get used to that thing Stunkfish :531: but anyway 8th pokemon for Ash is win (and everybody has an electric type now :p)

Exactly! are we forgetting Ash is a pokemon trainer >_> It's actually nice the writers are making Ash catch more pokemon than the usual this season.

WaterTrainer243
19th May 2011, 6:25 PM
Finally, Ash caught a new pokemon! But it's also a great choice for Ash, considering his next Gym battle is against electric pokemon. Plus, with Stunfisk and Palpitoad in their crew, Ash, Cilan, and Iris all have ground types and electric types among their pokemon. Ash has Pikachu and Palpitoad, Iris has Emolga and Excadrill, and Cilan has Stunfisk.

Black&White
19th May 2011, 6:31 PM
I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!

Two very unexpected captures! That's what I want more of. Can't wait for the Roggenrola episode!

d4rk_tailed
19th May 2011, 6:37 PM
Ah, I hope Palpitoad is used to sweep Trip at the league just to piss him off.

You're not alone. In Sinnoh Ash had 6 new Pokemon and he used reserves. This time he's already topped that in under a quarter of the time it took to catch those ones, and this is the "fresh start" (term used loosely) region, stated to be far away. I'm sure he'll only use Unovan Pokes.

Well, I think Hoenn and Unova are the wrong way round. in Hoenn, Ash should have had surplus reserves native to Hoenn, and then in Unova, he should have just had the 6 to demonstrate his skill in (probably) taking them to another top 4 or maybe final. If the writers only give him another quarter final, or semi, it doesnt really say much about skill development unless the Zekrom/Reshiram plot is thrown into the bucket.

Salamandre
19th May 2011, 6:58 PM
Dang i justed saw the raw a few minutes ago, best action packed episode yet. All my rambling about oshawott bieng a samurai came true hes pretty epic in most of the fight scenes. Also another thing i'm noticing is oshawotts attack stat>>>>his sp. attack, this is like the bazillionth time it's range attacks were useless yet it's aqua jet, razorshell 1 hit K.O.

uber gon
19th May 2011, 7:12 PM
At least we have another evolved water type for Ash. Now if it could just fully evolve......

Poke Master 7
19th May 2011, 7:22 PM
I don't really mind that Ash caught Palpitoad (even if it's evolution is horridly ugly) since for once Ash is actually catching multiple pokemon letting his switch things up every once in a while. Only thing that's a shame about it is that with Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott being staples and Scraggy being stuck in his team out of being a baby, then this is gonna further cause both Tranquil and Swadloon's screentime to be divided.

Thriller
19th May 2011, 7:25 PM
I did have a gut feeling Ash was going to get Palpitoad, but what's this?

Cilan Sy-Lan gets a capture too? That's just great! The last time we had a double capture episode was when Jessie & May got their Wurmples.

Pokeballs
19th May 2011, 8:05 PM

>.>'

Maybe you should watch the ****ing episode before *****ing. Ash mentioned an interest in catching seismitoad while he was battling it.

Almighty Zard
19th May 2011, 8:08 PM
But damn....Palpitoad. So when can we except Ash's Litwick, or Larvesta? Why assume this?

Well the good news I guess is, at least Ash actually has a ground type that can be used as a ground type. Unlike say the other 4 billion ground types Ash owns.

That is true, how awsome it is though that Kojiro wasn't wrong.

Boostyboy
19th May 2011, 8:14 PM
i noticed something.
I think those sketches someone posted about the Snivy/Emolga rivalry were used in this episode.

EDIT:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=510576

R_N
19th May 2011, 8:31 PM
Cilan got Stunfisk?!

I LOVE YOU FOREVER, WRITERS
JUST HAVE ALL OF MY LOVE

_Taidow_
19th May 2011, 8:32 PM
Okay i have a few points to make.

1. I love the fact that the pokemon were playing together until Emolga ruined it. -_-
2. Ash and Oshawott training was so awesome and hilarious.
3. "IT'S LUNCH TIME!"
4. Now I know why they switched Tranquill for Swadloon again. Tranquill would have decimated those Foongus.
5. Palpitoad and Tympole tick me off. They are so hideous!
6. Stunfisk is awesome though! That face!
7. Cilan is an awesome fisherman! Why did they delay his fishing episode!
8. Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet!
9. Cilan is too awesome... KO'd Stunfisk w/o battlign it and just slammed it on the ground.
10. WHAT!!!! NOOO! ASH DON'T THROW YOUR POKEBALL!
11. WHAT!!!! YESSS! CILAN THROW YOUR POKEBALL PLZ!
12. Bittersweet episode...
13. Now that both "leaders" were caught, I hope those cowardly Tympole go and get captured by vicious trainers or something.

You know what!
I'm thinking Trip will show up in the Roggenrola episode and capture it before Ash. that way Ash will trade him Palpitoad for Roggenrola. Seeing how Trip tried to catch Palpitoad but Ash accidentally interrupted.

Almighty Zard
19th May 2011, 8:36 PM
geez...Cilan makes a fishing rod look like a lethal weapon^^; someone take that thing away from him.

Poke Master 7
19th May 2011, 8:38 PM
After watching the episode I really gotta wonder, was Oshawott just afraid of opening his eyes underwater or something? If so, then why? I don't understand what they were saying so if they explained it, I missed it. But now with it's mastered Aqua Jet finally it's right-side up rather than upside down when it does it (Not that there's anything wrong with it, it was just a bit of a pet peeve of mine).

Pepsi_Plunge
19th May 2011, 8:44 PM
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH guys couldn't see the episode live today due to work related stuff :D.

Saw it now, ****ing genius episode, I had lost hope on the frog getting caught but as soon as I saw Satoshi saying he was going to capture it, I knew he was going to do it haha.

I totally didn't see Dent getting the Trollfish though but after seeing it koed with his buddy I though why not?

Genius episode, thank you writers I freacking love every aspect of this episode, Mijumaru was freaking awesome as usual.

Damn nice after being sleep deprived for 22 hours, sick with alergies and tired as heck for walking a lot, to see a great episode like this one just revitalized me haha.

FOCKING LOBED IT.

The frog looks absolutelly adorable, I don't get the derp comments, his pre evolutions sure but the frog is adorable/badass in this case.

Edit: **** yeah Zard haha, Dent is a ****ing pro with the fishing rod, ITUZU TUROLING FISH TIME.

G50
19th May 2011, 8:45 PM
This episode was good. It was cool to see Tamagetake, Maggyo, Otamaro, and Gamagaru for the 1st time. It was funny when Mijumaru didn't like when Ash forcefully open his eyes, and used Water Gun to bounce him back on land which knocked him out. It was great to see pretty much everyone's Pokemon come out for the 1st time in awhile. As before, Zuruggu used Headbutt on a wild Pokemon, this time Taunting the Tamagetake, which wasn't smart because they used Poison Spores on all of the Gang's Pokemon. It was silly to see Dent saying "It's Lunch Time" while doing a spin. Gamagaru knows 2 very powerful moves - Hyper Voice and Hydro Pump. Maggyo's face when using Discharge was funny. It was weird that an Electric/Ground Pokemon was in water... It was hilarious to see Dent spin Maggyo around and around to allow Ash to battle Gamagaru. It was great to see double captures! It was even better that both Pokemon were caught at the same time. It was great to see Mijumaru finally master Aqua Jet. This was a very clever way of doing both captures.

Thank you writers! 694 episodes I have waited, and you finally grant my wish! Ash FINALLY caught a non-starter from my absolute favorite evolution family in a region! I've never been this happy in a long time!

:536: :D

Almighty Zard
19th May 2011, 8:46 PM
i liked it too, but cilan now scares me, seriously someone take that rod away from him, he's a psyco with it^^;

Pepsi_Plunge
19th May 2011, 8:49 PM
i liked it too, but cilan now scares me, seriously someone take that rod away from him, he's a psyco with it^^;

;D seriously that was so freaking badass, I was all excited watching it haha.

He needs to do this to a Wailord now to fill us with joy.

JennaJayfeather
19th May 2011, 9:18 PM
OMG....DENTO WAS 9000 TIMES BETTER WITH THAT ROD THAN I EVER DREAMED!!!! mind = blown

dman_dustin
19th May 2011, 9:22 PM
Skipping about three pages of comments, some of you realize Ash caught Palipitoad because he was impressed with it, right?

After all it stopped Oshawott's water gun and shell blade. Ash then mentioned about "getting it" and he did. So it really wasn't random in the episode.

Outside looking in, maybe. But Ash's wanting to catch it happened within the episode. To me it didn't look like Ash was intending to catch it, until Palpitoad started kicking Oshawott's butt.

Almighty Zard
19th May 2011, 9:50 PM
^wouldn't that mentallity be similar to Paul's oo;

Pepsi_Plunge
19th May 2011, 9:51 PM
Yes dman, like I said I lost hope in the frog but as soon as Satoshi got impressed and said I'm catching it, I knew it was a lock.

I hope he does this with more pokemons in the future, seems Roggenrola is the same , he is impressed by its flash Cannon and wants to catch it.

MidnightMelody
19th May 2011, 10:02 PM
I love how so many of you piss and moan. Its like what Brian said in that Family Guy episode.

"If you don't like just go on the internet and complain!"

Kustem
19th May 2011, 10:04 PM
cilan is so badass now i ask brock who? lol, i really think palpitoad and stunfisk are two of the uglyest pokemon of unova, but who cares, ash is finally catching a big number of pokemon, just hope more and more captures,

Shneak
19th May 2011, 10:08 PM
I did not expect that both Palpitoad and Stunfisk would be caught. hrm.

I'm over Ash catching Pokemon. 8 is enough. We need some evolutions and development.

Cilan needed another Pokemon, but really? Stunfisk?

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe you should watch the ****ing episode before *****ing. Ash mentioned an interest in catching seismitoad while he was battling it.
Did you watch the episode?

Mr.Munchlax
19th May 2011, 10:21 PM
As for other possible captures, it's really up in the air (even though I think Ash with get a Lampent to balance out the 2 Grass and Waters types), as the writers can give him as many Pokemon as they want whether we, the Pokemon fandom, complain and ***** about a Pokemon not fitting a certain trainer.

I still stand strongly by my belief that all of the pokemon Ash has captured in Unova are somewhat similar to the ones he caught in Kanto during season 1. I'm not saying the Unova pokemon are clones, I'm saying they're similarities and gentle knods to the season that started it all. The one thing they all have in common is that they at least share one type:
* Tranquil- Pidgeotto
* Oshawott- Squirtle
* Tepig- Charmander
* Snivy- Bulbasaur
* Scraggy- Primeape
* Swadloon- Metapod
* Palpitoad- Krabby

pkGamerB
19th May 2011, 10:21 PM
This was a really good episode. Like most people, I totally didn't see the ending coming. I had a feeling Cilan might catch something after seeing the preview last week, but Ash catching Palpitoad completely caught me off guard. I'm not the biggest fan of the Seismitoad line (but then again, I didn't like Oshawott at first either, and now it's my favorite Unova Pokemon), but more Pokemon for Ash is always good. This one was fun to watch overall though, from seeing Oshawott learning to open his eyes in the water and mastering Aqua Jet, to seeing everyone's Pokemon again, to the captures at the end. My only complaint is that it gets harder and harder to get development for Tranquill and Swadloon (and to a lesser extent, Scraggy) as Ash catches more Pokemon.

I'm dunno if I'm the only one who thinks this way, and I might be getting ahead of myself, but I feel like Palpitoad might not evolve since it was caught in its second form and already has such strong moves. And of course, that leaves the window open for Oshawott to evolve still (although in a perfect world, they'd both evolve).

Also, to the people who were saying they think Ash will only use Unova Pokemon for this league, I definitely agree. He's starting to get a nice group of Pokemon together, including three that are evolved before the 3rd gym, and still has a lot of time to develop them even more. I personally wouldn't mind if he gets 4 more before it's all said and done so he'll have enough for two full teams for the league.

fishyfool
19th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Good grief, that clip when Cilan spun Stunfisk around made its way into a sig of mine somewhere.

AuraChannelerChris
19th May 2011, 10:31 PM
That Stunfisk better be cooked alive on a grill by Cylan, and that Palpitoad should be traded away.

JennaJayfeather
19th May 2011, 10:35 PM
That Stunfisk better be cooked alive on a grill by Cilan.

:< Hasn't it been through too much already?

Boomguy
19th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Loving this season how ash is capturing more pokemon in a season

Hikari Paradise
19th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Well Ash doesn't need another water type but I guess palpitoad being part ground would come in handy against Elesa. I'm very happy that Cilan caught stunfisk and with such awesome skills to boot. Lastly good job oshawott on mastering aqua jet. Oh!, and by the way "It's lunch time".

Black Murder Heavangelon
19th May 2011, 11:31 PM
Am I the only one amused at the thought of Ash's Palpitoad and Cilan's Stunfisk maintaining their dispute with each other even after capture? I would love to see an episode where the two have to work together and become friends.

Oh look. I posted in the anime thread. Yes, I am that intrigued.

lolipiece
19th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Am I the only one amused at the thought of Ash's Palpitoad and Cilan's Stunfisk maintaining their dispute with each other even after capture? I would love to see an episode where the two have to work together and become friends.

Except that they aren't enemies at all.

13_luckynumber
19th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Wow. I've known that Best Wishes is full of surprises but 2 captures and a move mastered in one episode!!! Also, Electric-type is now available for ALL 3 main characters. This is so amazing. I love best wishes :)

Lorde
19th May 2011, 11:37 PM
My reaction to the captures in this episode:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/64_bit/tumblr_lktblkcz581qc0shi.gif

WHY?! Why give Ash a Palpitoad and Cilan a Stunfisk?! Oh God, this is the worst thing ever. And I probably wouldn't have minded Cilan's capture of Stunfisk too much, had he been the only person to capture a Pokemon in this episode. But since Ash went ahead and got a Palpitoad as well, it sort of overshadowed Cilan's capture. Apart from that terrible stuff, I loved all of the Oshawott character development. Seeing it fight against those wild Tympole made my happy, and I loved that Oshawott learned to keep its eyes open while using Aqua Jet. And some people doubted him? Hah! It was a fairly good episode, captures aside. 7/10.

Black Murder Heavangelon
19th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Except that they aren't enemies at all.

Oh. I only saw the pictures and not the episode. Pardon me. The title just hinted that to me.

RedJirachi
20th May 2011, 12:02 AM
Cilan caught Derpfish?Huh.I theorized that he would capture a Stunfisk,as an Ugly Duckling parody.I'll have to check how and why.But Ash got a Palpitoad(who I shall refer to as Emperor Palpitoad)?That's..completely unexpected.I thought he was only going to use one Water type.And if not,I'd think he'd get a female Frillish to be a rival of Trip's Frillish.Oh well...

PokeMasterJames
20th May 2011, 12:16 AM
:D

http://i.imgur.com/vDE5D.gif

Poke Master 7
20th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Oh. I only saw the pictures and not the episode. Pardon me. The title just hinted that to me.Nope, turns out that the two of them were partners in crime in trying to get rid of Ash and Cilan. Palpatoad had called on it when the Tympole were beaten by Oshawott.

Venomfang
20th May 2011, 12:29 AM
Cilan vs Stunfisk: Awesome.

_Taidow_
20th May 2011, 12:33 AM
So far only three main characters have caught a pokemon by physically damaging it.

Ash's Krabby.
Jessie's Seviper.
Cilan's Stunfisk.

jolteonjak
20th May 2011, 12:57 AM
Captures aside, this was such a cute episode! My guy is going to love it! Mijumaru is so adorable scared to open its eyes in the water. It makes me want a real one. hehehe

So Oshawott knocked Palpitoad out with one Aqua Jet, and it took all those hits from whatever attacks were used...not to mention the attacks from all those Tympole under water. Cilan swinging Stunfisk around was pretty hilarious too.

Poke Master 7
20th May 2011, 1:31 AM
So far only three main characters have caught a pokemon by physically damaging it.

Ash's Krabby.
Jessie's Seviper.
Cilan's Stunfisk.
I don't think that Ash actually damaged Krabby when he caught it. All I remember was that Ash grabbed a stick from the sand and Krabby cut it up before Ash threw the pokeball.

ViperQueen
20th May 2011, 1:35 AM
lol at the infinite swinging pic

Cilan did look like he even wanted stunfish. He caught it cause ash caught it.

mario_fan
20th May 2011, 1:39 AM

if someone would resize this, I would soooooooo put it in my sig
and yay!! love for derpfish!!

StingrayKurt
20th May 2011, 2:28 AM
If you look in the spoiler section and go to this episodes thread you will see my post that shows my "in a perfect world" speculation of this episode and I nailed it! This show was awesome, random pokemon captures are the best! I like the fact that these two pokemon got captured because they are two pokemon that you would never guess main characters would have.
After the previous episode when it showed palpitoad getting away from Trip, it kinda looked back. That was what we call a foreshadow my friends!

The only way this episode could be a 10 is if there was a pokemon that evolved in it.

Oshawott and Scraggy are awesome! I love their personalities so much!

lolipiece
20th May 2011, 2:31 AM
After the previous episode when it showed palpitoad getting away from Trip, it kinda looked back. That was what we call a foreshadow my friends!

Different Palpitoad and it looked back because Ash asked to so he could scan it.

AuraChannelerChris
20th May 2011, 2:32 AM

Yes, encourage people to think Cilan is playing with a Stunfisk kite, why don't you?

kris198921
20th May 2011, 4:27 AM

Ash's Krabby.
Jessie's Seviper.
Cilan's Stunfisk.

sure you don't wanna rethink that

Eternal Darkness
20th May 2011, 4:37 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

Best Episode ever! We saw Cilan's fishing, Oshawott opening its eyes/mastering Aqua Jet, two Pokemon captures, some sorta Scraggy focus, 3 debuts, and Palpitoad being captured. Even if a tadbit rushed, I never expected the writers to do so much in one episode.

BEST EPISODE EVER.

Now, is Palpitoad going to get some CD and screentime, will he be Muk 2.0?

Mr.Munchlax
20th May 2011, 4:39 AM
The double capture wasn't the only thing I was surprised by. Was anyone else shocked by how deep Stunfisk's voice is?

ShadowDragon16
20th May 2011, 7:39 AM
palpitoad seems to share characteristics to Ash's Muk, being the leader of a group of its pre-evolved forms as well as Ash catching it because he had no choice

dman_dustin
20th May 2011, 8:18 AM
palpitoad seems to share characteristics to Ash's Muk, being the leader of a group of its pre-evolved forms as well as Ash catching it because he had no choice

Ash caught Palpitoad because he became interested in it, not because he had to.

Why Cilan caught Stunfisk on the other hand. I don't know, unless it was because he enjoyed swinging it around over his head and wants to keep doing that.

But that's doesn't seem like Cilan to me.

playerking
20th May 2011, 8:37 AM
A lot of eggs in your face!! ha! everyday you denied and said to everyone it was impossible Ash to catch Palpitoad!! HAHAHA.

AMAZING EPISODE! two captures in one ep. I think since the Hoenn ep. when May & Jessie caught Wurmple we didn't have one of those!

I might get used to that thing Stunkfish :531: but anyway 8th pokemon for Ash is win (and everybody has an electric type now :p)

Exactly! are we forgetting Ash is a pokemon trainer >_> It's actually nice the writers are making Ash catch more pokemon than the usual this season.

Haven't you got some Diamond and Pearl episodes to hate on?

I extennd a "Haha" to all the times you were wrong on speculations, seeing as not everyone guesses things correctly.

Also, there was no evidence leaning towards it, and everyone knew that, or they were in denial. Ash capturing was a complete and utter fluke.

I like Palpitoad, Stunfisk is okay, and I'm growing to like them with Ash and Cilan, Palpitoad with Ash because I pictured it with Ash as soon as the April fools day joke came out. And Cilan with Stunfisk because they sought of mesh together, plus Cilan did catch it on his line, it seems. It made sense for Cilan not to get a Pokemon, because of the movies, so at least that was sound evidence for him not getting anything in this episode. But, it seems like that poster or whatever it was, was just tricking us.

OH. MY. GOD.

Best Episode ever! We saw Cilan's fishing, Oshawott opening its eyes/mastering Aqua Jet, two Pokemon captures, some sorta Scraggy focus, 3 debuts, and Palpitoad being captured. Even if a tadbit rushed, I never expected the writers to do so much in one episode.

N EPISODE EVER.

Now, is Palpitoad going to get some CD and screentime, will he be Muk 2.0?

Yes, Muk 2.0, meaning it will get one battler or so, before being neglected. We finally see Eye to eye.

Kojiro wasn't wrong.
He was just joking, it was just a coincidence.

My, my, aren't we a bit agitated. Swearing never solves anything. And there was a Seismitoad in this episode? I guess there were 4 debuts then, yes! Ash got a Seismitoad, WHOHOO!

I know enough about the episode to know that it was a random capture, Ash might of said he was interested in it. So then why didn't he go after one in the previous episode? It was random because the episode was mainly about Oshawott.

Also, everyone on the main cast has an electric/part electric Pokemon? Heck to the yeah!

Salamandre
20th May 2011, 8:58 AM
[s]
I like Palpitoad, Stunfisk is okay, and I'm growing to like them with Ash and Cilan, Palpitoad with Ash because I pictured it with Ash as soon as the April fools day joke came out. And Cilan with Stunfisk because they sought of mesh together, plus Cilan did catch it on his line, it seems. It made sense for Cilan not to get a Pokemon, because of the movies, so at least that was sound evidence for him not getting anything in this episode. But, it seems like that poster or whatever it was, was just tricking us.

Yea i was wondering this before did the other 13 movies happened after the last air episode. Or was it never confirmed between which episodes they happened. Becuase with this episode it may mean the movie takes place pre 34. Either that or the writers didn't think a stunfish flapping around in the ground fit with the rest of the group

Pokeballs
20th May 2011, 9:02 AM
Did you watch the episode?
I did, how else would I know about his expressed interest? Are you too dumb to see past a mistaken name?

playerking
20th May 2011, 9:07 AM
Another good thing is that Ash got the decent looking Palpitoad, not the one from episode 34. I hope that Swadloon won't get neglected because of this capture, once Swadloon evolves, THEN, Palpitoad can get some attention. No matter what, Ash has has two reserves now, right before most of his Pokemon were getting shafted, stupid choice, but what are you going to do.

Pokeballs
20th May 2011, 9:08 AM
Haven't you got some Diamond and Pearl episodes to hate on?

I extennd a "Haha" to all the times you were wrong on speculations, seeing as not everyone guesses things correctly.

Also, there was no evidence leaning towards it, and everyone knew that, or they were in denial. Ash capturing was a complete and utter fluke.

Yes, Muk 2.0, meaning it will get one battler or so, before being neglected. We finally see Eye to eye.

He was just joking, it was just a coincidence.

My, my, aren't we a bit agitated. Swearing never solves anything. And there was a Seismitoad in this episode? I guess there were 4 debuts then, yes! Ash got a Seismitoad, WHOHOO!

I know enough about the episode to know that it was a random capture, Ash might of said he was interested in it. So then why didn't he go after one in the previous episode? It was random because the episode was mainly about Oshawott.

Also, everyone on the main cast has an electric/electric Pokemon? Heck to the yeah!

Cuz he showed interest in the midst of battling it.

playerking
20th May 2011, 9:11 AM
Cuz he showed interest in the midst of battling it.

But it was Oshawott's episode, even the preview, nor the summary led to the idea of Ash getting it, even his interest was probably a random thing, just because he showed interest in it, even though he didn't towards the other one, it was still a bit random.

I did, how else would I know about his expressed interest? Are you too dumb to see past a mistaken name?

Not our fault you said a completely different Pokemon, and I knew what you meant, just having a bit of fun, don't take to harshly.

dman_dustin
20th May 2011, 9:54 AM
But it was Oshawott's episode, even the preview, nor the summary led to the idea of Ash getting it, even his interest was probably a random thing, just because he showed interest in it, even though he didn't towards the other one, it was still a bit random.

I don't see how its any different than Sewaddle really, the only difference was the time frame. Sewaddle kicked Pikachu of Ash's shoulders, and Ash wanted to catch it merely because it was a strong Pokemon.

That's NO different than Palpitoad. Ash is allowed to be interested in Pokemon that are actually powerful Pokemon and want to catch them.

Nothing says he has to suddenly desire the Pokemon to catch it the moment he saw it.

The Other
20th May 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm not fully caught up on the series yet, but can someone please explain how he has more than 6 pokemon on his team?

dman_dustin
20th May 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm not fully caught up on the series yet, but can someone please explain how he has more than 6 pokemon on his team?

He doesn't (well technically).

As you will see in BW018 when Ash catches Sewaddle after having already six Pokemon (Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, and Scraggy). The Pokemon's button in the middle glows red, and then it reverts to the small Poke ball, and unless he deposits it or another Pokemon he can't access the Pokemon inside. Thus at the time he deposited (at Professor Juniper's) Pidove for Sewaddle, and then in BW021 he switched back.

However the writers don't want to waste time switching out Pokemon, so he does it off screen. Soon it'll look like Ash has ten Pokemon on hand, but only showing six of them at given time. After all Ash has Tranquill but we didn't see it in this episode.

playerking
20th May 2011, 12:27 PM
I don't see how its any different than Sewaddle really, the only difference was the time frame. Sewaddle kicked Pikachu of Ash's shoulders, and Ash wanted to catch it merely because it was a strong Pokemon.

That's NO different than Palpitoad. Ash is allowed to be interested in Pokemon that are actually powerful Pokemon and want to catch them.

Nothing says he has to suddenly desire the Pokemon to catch it the moment he saw it.

He liked Sewaddle at first, not with Palpitoad. The summaries, and previews, plus the events of the previous episode, pointed towards it being an Oshawott episode, so for Ash to battle it, then get interested in it, then capture it was a BIT random, especially Cilan also getting Stunfisk. All I am saying is that besides Ash's sudden interest in it, it was really unexpected. I'm fine with Ash having Palpitoad and Cilan with Stunfisk. Ever since the preview, I actually thought Cilan and Stunfisk could go together, but I was doubtful because of the teams for the movie.

And at least Palpitoad has some interesting moves, not too sure if Ash has had a Pokemon that has used Hyper Voice before and for Ash to get a water Pokemon that knows Hydro Pump straight off the bat, is a nice touch.

Pepsi_Plunge
20th May 2011, 12:36 PM

Did you not watch the episode? they are friends, they were kicking people out of their lake...

The double capture wasn't the only thing I was surprised by. Was anyone else shocked by how deep Stunfisk's voice is?

Nope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrO5J7TdS7c

Eternal Darkness
20th May 2011, 2:25 PM

Doubt it. The way they're doing it, it'll be in the next 2 episodes.

jolteonjak
20th May 2011, 2:33 PM

Normally I don't quote images because it pisses me off when others do, but this just makes me giggle like a little school girl inside (and giggle on the outside).

Pepsi_Plunge
20th May 2011, 2:37 PM
It is nice that Palpitoad feels my I wanted Satoshi to get Exploud quota with having Hyper Voice, I don't know why but I love the move, like I said from what we saw the pokemons seems to have a pretty diverse and dynamic movelist, I'm liking it.

Hydro Pump makes it a beast already move wise, even though Oshawoot defeated it with just an Aqua Jet, probably it can work on stamina a little more like Oshawoot did in the shell episode but that is just random, they make Oshawott get koed by just about everything and then make him take a huge beating in this episode but just like I meantioned he probably won't get Koed this easly anymore since that training episode, it improved not just his speed but also the stamina.

I can also be wrong and my old theory of it just being a gag is proven at it will continue getting koed but in serious stuff he doesn't get Koed as easy, serious stuff as in battles with others trainers/gym leaders.

Edit: Btw Jolteonjak, welcome back seen you post latelly, I hadn't seen you since middle DP or so, maybe I was just distracted or you post a lot less now XD.

gliscor&yanmega
20th May 2011, 3:36 PM

Cilan: It's You Spin Me Right Round Baby Right Round Time!!!

Blazicken
20th May 2011, 4:52 PM
loved this episode.
Mijumaru finally learned to open his eyes under water,
Cilan catching Stunfisk was awesome and finally some non-rodent electic type in the main-cast.
Ash catching palpitoad, water/ground which knows hyper voice mudbomb and hydropump. Pretty powerfull allready
and ash's 3rd evolved pokémon!
Still want ash to capture krokorok though, he's just that awesome.
And I really want ash to catch roggenrola!! that'd make my day.

Quite funny how ppl were nagging that Ash should catch more pokemon, and for the one time he does
some ppl start to whine...
And the capture isn't pointless, there aren't any pointless captures.

Xhilla
20th May 2011, 5:17 PM
While i found this episode to be really good, it was was cringeworthy to see Oshawott 1-hit KO Palpitoad. Tough i'm glad that Ash caught it!

Four and a half out of 5

dman_dustin
20th May 2011, 6:23 PM
He liked Sewaddle at first, not with Palpitoad.

No he didn't. Ash was caught off guard when Sewaddle attacked them. This is really not much different than Palpitoad.

Sewaddle managed to kick Pikachu off Ash's shoulders, razor leaf, and bug bite Pikachu, all before Ash used his dex on the Pokemon, and decided to capture it. '

That is no different than Palpitoad using hydro pump and Hyper Voice on Oshawott, before Ash decided to capture it.

Sorry Playerking, but you can't let the fact Sewaddle was hinted at and foreshadowed before the episode aired cloud the facts.

The ONLY difference between the situations is Sewaddle attacked them in the beginning of that episode, while Palpitoad showed itself to them at the end of this episode. And it's kind also hard to bond with a Pokemon like Sewaddle, when the first half of the episode didn't revolve around said Pokemon.

playerking
20th May 2011, 6:27 PM
Doubt it. The way they're doing it, it'll be in the next 2 episodes.

We'll have to wait for some evidence of that.

That Cilan and Stunfisk picture looks funny, I'm sure Cilan and Stunfisk will get along well, certainly an interesting capture, but why did they have to put a Pokemon like that on the main cast and why did it have to have the usual deep voice, it would've been better with a higher sounding voice, but whatever.

TheEpicGoomba
20th May 2011, 6:34 PM
I loved this episode. Did not expect two capture's I didn't even expect one let alone it being Palpitoad and Stunfisk. Glad Cilian caught Stunfisk he is so cool. Glad Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet and Ash caught Palpitoad.

10/10

gliscor&yanmega
20th May 2011, 6:53 PM
We'll have to wait for some evidence of that.

That Cilan and Stunfisk picture looks funny, I'm sure Cilan and Stunfisk will get along well, certainly an interesting capture, but why did they have to put a Pokemon like that on the main cast and why did it have to have the usual deep voice, it would've been better with a higher sounding voice, but whatever.

They didn't have to do anything, they wanted to. Most likely they thought the voice they have for it was the best choice, you may think it would sound better with a higher voice but that doesn't mean it would be better(After all, better is in the eye of the beholder). I don't understand why Cilan got Stunfisk either, maybe the writers think it suits him, or maybe they don't think it suits him and that's what they wanted, a shocking capture. Regardless of the reason, the writers did it out of choice.

Sovereign of Sanity
20th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Wow, that's a lot for one episode. Really.

Two captures, a new move, and like three debuts. Nice.
I'm hoping for similar episodes in ther future. Filler free with more than one capture.

But, it's kind of funny. Ash has captured seven Unova Pokemon now and we're still on the very first Best Wishes season. Wow, he's been busy.

playerking
21st May 2011, 12:25 AM
No he didn't. Ash was caught off guard when Sewaddle attacked them. This is really not much different than Palpitoad.

Sewaddle managed to kick Pikachu off Ash's shoulders, razor leaf, and bug bite Pikachu, all before Ash used his dex on the Pokemon, and decided to capture it. '

That is no different than Palpitoad using hydro pump and Hyper Voice on Oshawott, before Ash decided to capture it.

Sorry Playerking, but you can't let the fact Sewaddle was hinted at and foreshadowed before the episode aired cloud the facts.

The ONLY difference between the situations is Sewaddle attacked them in the beginning of that episode, while Palpitoad showed itself to them at the end of this episode. And it's kind also hard to bond with a Pokemon like Sewaddle, when the first half of the episode didn't revolve around said Pokemon.

Wrong, this is what happened with Sewaddle.

- Sewaddle attacked Pikachu
- Pikachu shocked Ash before he could say anything.
- Sewaddle was bitting Pikachu's head, Ash had to help Pikachu, so he told Pikachu to shake it off and he asked it if it was okay.
- Ash looked it up on his Pokedex
- Cilan and Iris talked.
- Ash went to get it because it was a good battler, the Pokedex had nothing to do with it.

Ash had to save Pikachu and the writers made Ash look it up, then after Cilan and Iris, he said that he liked it because it was good at battling, the Pokedex had nothing to do with it, meaning that he liked it from before.

Palpitoad didn't rampage Oshawott with attacks before Ash checked it up on his Pokedex. So Ash could've said it then.

It wasn't that random but when the episode was about Oshawott and then Ash got another Pokemon, plus with no evidence beforehand that this would happen, then yes, this was a bit random. Though I don't mind Palpitoad being with Ash. Now leave this subject alone.

They didn't have to do anything, they wanted to. Most likely they thought the voice they have for it was the best choice, you may think it would sound better with a higher voice but that doesn't mean it would be better(After all, better is in the eye of the beholder). I don't understand why Cilan got Stunfisk either, maybe the writers think it suits him, or maybe they don't think it suits him and that's what they wanted, a shocking capture. Regardless of the reason, the writers did it out of choice.

It's just that weak or stupid Pokemon like Slowbro and Magikarp have deep voices, why does Stunfisk have to be the same. A voice like Watchog of something.

dman_dustin
21st May 2011, 2:00 AM
Wrong, this is what happened with Sewaddle.

- Sewaddle attacked Pikachu
- Pikachu shocked Ash before he could say anything.
- Sewaddle was bitting Pikachu's head, Ash had to help Pikachu, so he told Pikachu to shake it off and he asked it if it was okay.
- Ash looked it up on his Pokedex
- Cilan and Iris talked.
- Ash went to get it because it was a good battler, the Pokedex had nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if Cilan and Iris talked after, the simple fact the next action Ash did was want to catch it after scanning it with the Pokedex. And I never said the Pokedex had anything to do with it. I said after he scanned it with the Pokedex he wanted to capture.

That's pretty damn accurate, because he sure as hell had no interest in it prior to scanning it with the Pokedex or any sort of vocal desire.

Ash had to save Pikachu and the writers made Ash look it up, then after Cilan and Iris, he said that he liked it because it was good at battling, the Pokedex had nothing to do with it, meaning that he liked it from before. What I think you're confusing me. Again I never said the Pokedex had anything to do with. Geez, all I said is after he scanned it, he noted his desire of catching it. The Pokedex scanning had nothing to do with his desire nor did I ever say that. I was telling you what happened. If you want to be picky about it fine. Ash scanned Sewaddle THEN Iris and Cilan talked and THEN Ash noted his interest in Sewaddle.

It does not change the fact that it is similar to Palpitoad. Where after Palpitoad began kicking Oshawott's butt. Ash decided he wanted to catch it.

Palpitoad didn't rampage Oshawott with attacks before Ash checked it up on his Pokedex. So Ash could've said it then. Again what is this Pokedex nonsense you keep accusing me of. The simple fact is Ash was in interested in these Pokemon because of their battling. When Ash scanned them is entirely moot, and not even part of this argument.

Ash scanned Palpitoad right from the start because he could. He couldn't do that with Sewaddle who was trying to kill Pikachu, plus Sewaddle came out of nowhere and caught Ash off guard. Ash wasn't caught off guard when Palpitoad showed up, so obviously he could scan it easily with no issue.

It wasn't that random but when the episode was about Oshawott and then Ash got another Pokemon, plus with no evidence beforehand that this would happen, then yes, this was a bit random.
If Ash is interested in a Pokemon, because of the way it battles, and has a desire to catch it, does not make it random. Sure maybe you can argue that his desire to catch it was random sure (of course that's subjective), but the capture itself was not.

What is a random capture? Muk. First off if I'm not mistaken, Muk only came into the scene right conveniently before Pikachu electrocuted it (or the Magnemite) and Ash threw a Poke ball at it, when it was weakened.

I mean there was no warning at all. When I watched that episode when it came out, many years ago, there was no indication Ash that Ash was going to catch anything. Maybe Magnemite, that would've been more possible. But Muk just came out of the blue, attacked, Ash retaliated, Muk got damaged, Ash threw Poke ball and captured it. Now THAT is a random capture. Palpitoad however was not.

Pepsi_Plunge
21st May 2011, 3:10 AM
So I hear some people don't like frogs here and then I left.

Oh and I just came to a realisation after seeing this episode for the 5th time and the Rival Battle subbed, omg Dent remember his pokemons have to eat too, even though they aren't being ignored like Takeshi's, I seriously never understood why he would give food to Iris and Satoshi pokemons and kept his in their pokemons, yes I'm joking but I always though that was awkward.

HE WAS GIVING THEM CANDIES BEHIND THE OTHER POGEYMANZ BACKS, that evil scheming Dent.

RedJirachi
21st May 2011, 7:08 AM

Someone needs to add that to a caption thread.Now.

Also,shouldn't Cilan be careful?Stunfisk could puke a Mud Bomb from here,and his hear would be completely ruined

Sovereign of Sanity
21st May 2011, 8:32 AM
I just saw the episode in Japanese. Wow! I love Cilan/Dent! He's da best!

Does anyone think that he'll actually use Stunfisk often as a Pokemon? I mean, it can't really come out of water much, can it?

playerking
21st May 2011, 9:37 AM
It doesn't matter if Cilan and Iris talked after, the simple fact the next action Ash did was want to catch it after scanning it with the Pokedex. And I never said the Pokedex had anything to do with it. I said after he scanned it with the Pokedex he wanted to capture.

That's pretty damn accurate, because he sure as hell had no interest in it prior to scanning it with the Pokedex or any sort of vocal desire.

What I think you're confusing me. Again I never said the Pokedex had anything to do with. Geez, all I said is after he scanned it, he noted his desire of catching it. The Pokedex scanning had nothing to do with his desire nor did I ever say that. I was telling you what happened. If you want to be picky about it fine. Ash scanned Sewaddle THEN Iris and Cilan talked and THEN Ash noted his interest in Sewaddle.

It does not change the fact that it is similar to Palpitoad. Where after Palpitoad began kicking Oshawott's butt. Ash decided he wanted to catch it.

Again what is this Pokedex nonsense you keep accusing me of. The simple fact is Ash was in interested in these Pokemon because of their battling. When Ash scanned them is entirely moot, and not even part of this argument.

Ash scanned Palpitoad right from the start because he could. He couldn't do that with Sewaddle who was trying to kill Pikachu, plus Sewaddle came out of nowhere and caught Ash off guard. Ash wasn't caught off guard when Palpitoad showed up, so obviously he could scan it easily with no issue.

If Ash is interested in a Pokemon, because of the way it battles, and has a desire to catch it, does not make it random. Sure maybe you can argue that his desire to catch it was random sure (of course that's subjective), but the capture itself was not.

What is a random capture? Muk. First off if I'm not mistaken, Muk only came into the scene right conveniently before Pikachu electrocuted it (or the Magnemite) and Ash threw a Poke ball at it, when it was weakened.

I mean there was no warning at all. When I watched that episode when it came out, many years ago, there was no indication Ash that Ash was going to catch anything. Maybe Magnemite, that would've been more possible. But Muk just came out of the blue, attacked, Ash retaliated, Muk got damaged, Ash threw Poke ball and captured it. Now THAT is a random capture. Palpitoad however was not.

Sewaddle's capture and Palpitoad's were different. Palpitoad's wasn't expected BEFORE the episode aired, Sewaddle's was, because Ash really wanted to get it and it's merchandise, that's the difference. I must admit, I do like Palpitoad's personality, I hope it doesn't go all nice when it's seen with Ash.

FlyAsADunsparce
21st May 2011, 4:33 PM
It's so freaking awesome that Palpitoad and Stunfisk were caught!

I think the reason they caught them was because they don't want to knock a pokemon out and leave it there. After all they can't take themselves to a pokemon centre. Maybe they saw it as their responsibility to make sure that they're safe or something.

Can't wait to see them interact with everyone.

Overall great episode.
9.5/10

TheNewGuy
21st May 2011, 10:13 PM
Another three Pokemon debuts, four counting Tympole. lol at anyone who still denies Best Wishes is faster paced; I can't remember his username, but if I did I would be rubbing this in his face. Silly hipster.

Regardless, another hilarious ep. This is the kind of comedy that's been missing from Pokemon from a while. Very funny stuff, and Oshawott is Grade A absolute gold/dynamite every time he's on screen. Which is a lot. I still want him to evolve, but at this point I wouldn't even be that fussed if he didn't - Oshawott is so awesome I can do without an evolution. I would think the capture of Palpitoad makes Oshawott less lykely to evolve, too.

Juputoru
22nd May 2011, 4:40 AM
I watched this with barely any sound and I'm late to the party anyway, but who cares?

-Our heroes are at a lake, and...there's a quick recap of the whole "Oshawott is a goddamned weirdo who won't open his eyes underwater despite being a WATER TYPE" bit from last episode.
-All the Pokemon get a breath of fresh air! Snivy and Emolga still hate each other! Oshawott's still cute! Everything's fine!
-Ash still has the ugliest swimming shorts I've ever seen.
-Oshawott, why are you scared of opening your eyes underwater? You are a water type. Stop being silly.
-Seriously, Ash can open his eyes underwater and he's not even a Pokemon.
-I don't care how adorable you look when you are sad. You are a water pokemon. Open your eyes while underwater!
-Look, Ash even tried to help you by holding your eyes open, and you just Water Gunned the hell out of him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, OSHAWOTT?
-Meanwhile, Iris and all the non-Oshawott Pokemon are playing with a ball. D'awwwwwwwwww.
-...maybe it's not such a good idea for Dwebble to be included in ball games.
-Scraggy stumbles upon a bush full of Pokeballs...**** it, I can't even be assed to remember/look up what the stupid mushroom things are called. Anyway, Scraggy does what comes naturally and HEADBUTTS THEM ALL.
-...oh my god Dento just came spinning into the scene while singing "It's lunch time~".
-And then all the Pokemon(except Oshawott) got hit with a cloud of (what I'm guessing is) Poisonpowder.
-Dento uses his magic map machine to find a nearby pond that has the exact herbs they need to heal poison(because apparently none of them carry antidotes or pecha berries?)
-Palpitoad's not just ugly; it's a jerk too! The one at the bottom of the lake orders a bunch of Tympole to boot out Ash and Oshawott, and...we get to see some somewhat-comical flailing about by Oshawott(YOU ARE STILL A WATER TYPE OPEN YOUR GODDAMNED EYES UNDERWATER DAMMIT). Meanwhile, Dento just stood by the lakeside and went "oh no Ash is in trouble." Because the viewers clearly couldn't tell that already.
-Oshawott opened its eyes underwater! FINALLY! It is no longer a shame to water types!
-The Tympole are driven away. Palpitoad is not pleased. So it summons...DERPFISH. Which then proceeds to shock the hell out of Ash and Oshawott.
-Ahahaha, Stunfisk's derpy little laugh is great.
-Dento has a plan. IT'S FISHING TIME! And...he has an entire drawn-out sequence for getting his fishing pole+lure out. This is amazing.
-Dento hauls out Stunfisk, and...Palpitoad isn't pleased with that either! Ash and Dento get some Mud Bombs for their trouble!
-Stunfisk joins in on the Mud Bomb fun, but Dento leaps out of the way like he just got super-jumping powers or something.
-...Dento's spinning Stunfisk around in the air.
-...wait, is Dento going to keep spinning Stunkfisk until Ash beats Palpitoad? This just keeps getting more amazing.
-Oshawott's having trouble, and...Dento's still spinning around Stunfisk like it ain't no thang.
-Oshawott uses Aqua Jet! ...with its eyes closed. GODDAMMIT OSHAWOTT.
-AND NOW IT OPENS ITS EYES AGAIN! Horrah!
-Now that Ash is done with Palpitoad...Dento decides that he can stop spinning Stunfisk around. And it gets knocked out just from that!
-Then Ash and Dento decide to catch Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. I won't complain about Dento getting another Pokemon, but Ash? COME ON.
-Aw, all the Pokemon thanked Oshawott for getting the herbs for them. WHY IS THIS EPISODE ADORABLE.

Overall, this episode was...it was actually pretty good, I was just thrown off by Ash & Dento catching Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. Especially since Ash is going to have way too damned many Pokemon by the time he gets that Roggenrola. (how did all the "Dento's going to catch a derpfish!" jokes turn out to be reality?)

EDIT: Also, since it's apparently gif time:
http://i.imgur.com/p5lUQ.gif

Pepsi_Plunge
22nd May 2011, 5:36 AM
Another three Pokemon debuts, four counting Tympole. lol at anyone who still denies Best Wishes is faster paced; I can't remember his username, but if I did I would be rubbing this in his face. Silly hipster.

Regardless, another hilarious ep. This is the kind of comedy that's been missing from Pokemon from a while. Very funny stuff, and Oshawott is Grade A absolute gold/dynamite every time he's on screen. Which is a lot. I still want him to evolve, but at this point I wouldn't even be that fussed if he didn't - Oshawott is so awesome I can do without an evolution. I would think the capture of Palpitoad makes Oshawott less lykely to evolve, too.

Maxim is not smart enough to know what pacing is and to understand why people didn't like the pacing of previoews series.

Filling 20 episodes with fillers is diferent from filling 15 of those 20 episodes with some kind of development, do what I did ingore him, I only see his posts by people quoting him and when I have that pleasure I usually take the time to call him an idiot, don't follow the second part you will receive warnings XD, the ignore part go ahead he doesn't post anthing productive so you won't miss anything important in his posts.

Jupotorou there was actually a reason why Satoshi caught Palpitoad, he was impressed by him, said it was strong and was going to catch it, Dent probably caught it out of pity, poor thing koed and just lost his boss it is the minimun he could do, plus with the next detective episode and his ability to use Camophlage I see Stunfisk being pretty fun pokemon for Dent.

OH and Palpitoad is cute not ugly :(, seriously doesn't this look cute http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110414213343/es.pokemon/images/6/6c/Palpitoad_(dream_world).png ? I'm not trolling even though I'm joking while asking, I want to hug it.

Loved your summary as usual lol, I actually got to the thread to read it, even though I have seen this episode 6 times now(yes I loved the cuteness and awesomness of this episode too much)

BM14murph
22nd May 2011, 10:27 AM
Have to admit i wasn't even sure if there would be one capture in this episode and then BAM we get 2 :O

Just goes to show anything can happen in this series

snivy trainer
22nd May 2011, 6:26 PM
In BW034, Trip tried to capture a palpitoad. Now ash catches one. I can see Trip finally capturing and evolving palpitoad whilst ash remains with his palpitoad, having a seismitoad V palpitoad with palpi losing. Ash's palpitoad probobly won't evolve, so it'll become a muk,gligar thing. Ash won't use it much but will lose to an evolution(seismitoad, not tympole). Cilan throwing stunfisk was funny.

UnovaMaster
22nd May 2011, 6:33 PM
Yea Cilan, spin that derp fish! Oshawott defeating Palpitoad with mastered Aqua Jet was epic. Then Cilan caught Stunfisk and outshined Palpitoad's capture. Loved seeing more Snivy and Emolga rivalry. Scraggy's an instigator, and poor Dwebble always feels sad when it does something wrong like popping a ball.

Dax
22nd May 2011, 6:45 PM
OH and Palpitoad is cute not ugly :(, seriously doesn't this look cute http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110414213343/es.pokemon/images/6/6c/Palpitoad_(dream_world).png ? I'm not trolling even though I'm joking while asking, I want to hug it.

I want to hug it too. It must be hard being teased by sea creatures for being so ugly. :(

JennaJayfeather
22nd May 2011, 6:46 PM
=o I never found Palpitoad ugly....I found Seismitoad uglyish but I don't think it'd want to be called "pretty" o.o

Dax
22nd May 2011, 6:54 PM
=o I never found Palpitoad ugly....I found Seismitoad uglyish but I don't think it'd want to be called "pretty" o.o

But you want to be handsome. You know Palpitoad's milkshake ain't bringing all the girls to the yard.

Not even Snivy wants to use Attract on that thing cuz she doesn't want to be followed by such monster.

JennaJayfeather
22nd May 2011, 7:17 PM
But you want to be handsome. You know Palpitoad's milkshake ain't bringing all the girls to the yard.

Not even Snivy wants to use Attract on that thing cuz she doesn't want to be followed by such monster.

XDD True....but I don't think Seismitoad falls under the "handsome category" either lol

LOL or Emolga for that matter, but she has to deal with Oshawott :3

dman_dustin
22nd May 2011, 7:31 PM

Am I the only one who notices how feminine Gamagaru's voice is. It's a lot more feminine than the one in BW034.

JennaJayfeather
22nd May 2011, 7:33 PM
Am I the only one who notices how feminine Gamagaru's voice is. It's a lot more feminine then the one in BW034.

I noticed that too. I wasn't sure though because I only watched BW034 once. Lol what if it's female and stunfisk is its husband? and those Tympoles were their childrenz O.o

Venomfang
22nd May 2011, 7:58 PM
I noticed that too. I wasn't sure though because I only watched BW034 once. Lol what if it's female and stunfisk is its husband? and those Tympoles were their childrenz O.o

Plot twist! OMG!

Dax
22nd May 2011, 8:12 PM
Am I the only one who notices how feminine Gamagaru's voice is. It's a lot more feminine than the one in BW034.

Had to check it out for myself. It's a little feminine but I think it could still turn out either gender. I doubt Ash will get another female. I think Snivy was meant to be Ash's feminine because the pokemon looks rather feminine and Pidove was made feminine simply as a plot device to capture Snivy and create a difference between Trip's.

I KNEW IT! Ash's is a home wrecker.

Sovereign of Sanity
22nd May 2011, 10:05 PM
I watched this with barely any sound and I'm late to the party anyway, but who cares?

-Our heroes are at a lake, and...there's a quick recap of the whole "Oshawott is a goddamned weirdo who won't open his eyes underwater despite being a WATER TYPE" bit from last episode.
-All the Pokemon get a breath of fresh air! Snivy and Emolga still hate each other! Oshawott's still cute! Everything's fine!
-Oshawott, why are you scared of opening your eyes underwater? You are a water type. Stop being silly.
-I don't care how adorable you look when you are sad. You are a water pokemon. Open your eyes while underwater!
-Look, Ash even tried to help you by holding your eyes open, and you just Water Gunned the hell out of him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, OSHAWOTT?
-Meanwhile, Iris and all the non-Oshawott Pokemon are playing with a ball. D'awwwwwwwwww.
-Scraggy stumbles upon a bush full of Pokeballs...**** it, I can't even be assed to remember/look up what the stupid mushroom things are called. Anyway, Scraggy does what comes naturally and HEADBUTTS THEM ALL.
-...oh my god Dento just came spinning into the scene while singing "It's lunch time~".
-And then all the Pokemon(except Oshawott) got hit with a cloud of (what I'm guessing is) Poisonpowder.
-Dento uses his magic map machine to find a nearby pond that has the exact herbs they need to heal poison(because apparently none of them carry antidotes or pecha berries?)
-Palpitoad's not just ugly; it's a jerk too! The one at the bottom of the lake orders a bunch of Tympole to boot out Ash and Oshawott, and...we get to see some somewhat-comical flailing about by Oshawott(YOU ARE STILL A WATER TYPE OPEN YOUR GODDAMNED EYES UNDERWATER DAMMIT). Meanwhile, Dento just stood by the lakeside and went "oh no Ash is in trouble." Because the viewers clearly couldn't tell that already.
-Oshawott opened its eyes underwater! FINALLY! It is no longer a shame to water types!
-The Tympole are driven away. Palpitoad is not pleased. So it summons...DERPFISH. Which then proceeds to shock the hell out of Ash and Oshawott.
-Dento has a plan. IT'S FISHING TIME! And...he has an entire drawn-out sequence for getting his fishing pole+lure out. This is amazing.
-Dento hauls out Stunfisk, and...Palpitoad isn't pleased with that either! Ash and Dento get some Mud Bombs for their trouble!
-Stunfisk joins in on the Mud Bomb fun, but Dento leaps out of the way like he just got super-jumping powers or something.
-...wait, is Dento going to keep spinning Stunkfisk until Ash beats Palpitoad? This just keeps getting more amazing.
-Oshawott's having trouble, and...Dento's still spinning around Stunfisk like it ain't no thang.
-Now that Ash is done with Palpitoad...Dento decides that he can stop spinning Stunfisk around. And it gets knocked out just from that!
-Then Ash and Dento decide to catch Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. I won't complain about Dento getting another Pokemon, but Ash? COME ON.
-Aw, all the Pokemon thanked Oshawott for getting the herbs for them. WHY IS THIS EPISODE ADORABLE.

Overall, this episode was...it was actually pretty good, I was just thrown off by Ash & Dento catching Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. Especially since Ash is going to have way too damned many Pokemon by the time he gets that Roggenrola. (how did all the "Dento's going to catch a derpfish!" jokes turn out to be reality?)

Brilliant quote, my friend. I wanted Cilan to hurry up and catch a Pokemon, but I didn't really expect Stunfisk. Reminds me of Magikarp, except without the cool evolution.;216;

Sovereign of Sanity
22nd May 2011, 10:06 PM
And the spinning, lunchtime announcing Dento/Cilan is simply priceless :D

Mr.Munchlax
22nd May 2011, 10:19 PM
:)

Your recaps always make my day :)

JennaJayfeather
22nd May 2011, 10:36 PM
=o Was this the first time that the "Gym Leaders final Pokemon" music was used? (when Miju opens his eyes during Aqua Jet) I can't remember it in another episode =/

Pepsi_Plunge
23rd May 2011, 12:52 AM

Yup, after you said on the day it aired and after watching it several times, I also think its a girl, like I said it looks like a *****y bossy girl, the VA is actually a girl and it looks like a feminine voice to me too.

Another one to balance the male/female ratio xD.

AWWWWWWWWWWW Dax, I really am not trolling when it is smiling instead of being pissed the thing looks cute :P but well opinions.

SphealsFTW
23rd May 2011, 3:28 AM
Just watched the episode in Japanese (my first time watching without subtitles). Overall it was a pretty nice episode ;P. Even though I couldn't understand what they were saying, I think I got the gist of it. It was nice to see Mijumaru finally learn to open its eyes. And it was epic how to Aqua Jet-ed that Palpitoad :D. Now I just gotta wait for a subbed version.

Ariketh
23rd May 2011, 6:29 AM
Of course he can capture it randomly, there's no stopping him for doing that. It's just stupid, it was just too weird of a capture.

Plus, now Cilan has a Stunfisk, sure it looks a bit better in the anime, but it being on the main cast? I might just have to skip its appearances from now on, Two stupid captures waisted, in my opinion.

Perhaps it has been stated, or perhaps I don't think of "random" in the same way that you do, but when he was battling it, he realized it was very powerful, and decided that he wanted to catch it. If that doesn't take it out of the "random capture" mindset, then I guess him catching pidgeotto and caterpie are random.

I really really enjoyed the episode and thought it was one of the best in years. I am really happy with the way BW is coming along. It has been less than a year since it started and the TV show is surprising me. I'm happy about that. If a TV show can surprise you in good ways after 14 years, then obviously it still has some legs. I think capturing Pokemon and using them is a good thing. Give it a few episodes. Don't be so afraid of change.

playerking
23rd May 2011, 7:27 AM
Perhaps it has been stated, or perhaps I don't think of "random" in the same way that you do, but when he was battling it, he realized it was very powerful, and decided that he wanted to catch it. If that doesn't take it out of the "random capture" mindset, then I guess him catching pidgeotto and caterpie are random.

I really really enjoyed the episode and thought it was one of the best in years. I am really happy with the way BW is coming along. It has been less than a year since it started and the TV show is surprising me. I'm happy about that. If a TV show can surprise you in good ways after 14 years, then obviously it still has some legs. I think capturing Pokemon and using them is a good thing. Give it a few episodes. Don't be so afraid of change.

You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I meant it was random before the episode aired, also Ash only battled it and said that he liked it near the end of the episode. So...yeah...

After actually watching the episode, the only interesting parts were the Pokemon having fun, Cilan and Stunfisk and Oshawott's epic battles against the Tympole and Palpitoad.

Pepsi_Plunge
23rd May 2011, 7:41 AM
You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I meant it was random before the episode aired, also Ash only battled it and said that he liked it near the end of the episode. So...yeah...

After actually watching the episode, the only interesting parts were the Pokemon having fun, Cilan and Stunfisk and Oshawott's epic battles against the Tympole and Palpitoad.

It can't be random before the episode started what the hell...

You just didn't foreshadow it like all of us didn't since the preview and the summary had no indication about that.

playerking
23rd May 2011, 7:48 AM
It can't be random before the episode started what the hell...

You just didn't foreshadow it like all of us didn't since the preview and the summary had no indication about that.

Umm.. That's what I meant, there was no indication before we saw the episode, that Ash would be interested in it, let alone capture it.

I am also annoyed at the fact that Ash checked up Palpitoad on his Pokedex.

Checking up Lampent twice was annoying, checking Tranquill again was worse, but this? Oh how I feel like punching Ash in the face. But at least this episode was cute and funny in some aspects.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
23rd May 2011, 1:09 PM
its lunchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh time~!!!!

Ariketh
23rd May 2011, 6:16 PM

Oh, so you mean that you didn't expect it, and because you couldn't predict it, it pisses you off? You want to know everything before it happens? You hate surprises?

So...what? If he had met it at the beginning, it would be ok? But because it was the end of the episode, it is not ok? The entire episode must be dedicated to a single Pokemon if it is to be captured? I think you should just relax and enjoy the show. His named is Ketchum, not Chaseum. No one is forcing you to watch the show. Please stop whining about things that are beyond your control. Are you related to Linkin Park?

Juputoru
24th May 2011, 5:12 AM
I am also annoyed at the fact that Ash checked up Palpitoad on his Pokedex.

Checking up Lampent twice was annoying, checking Tranquill again was worse, but this? Oh how I feel like punching Ash in the face. But at least this episode was cute and funny in some aspects.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. Ash just checked Palpitoad's dex in the last freaking episode for ****'s sake. I know it doesn't take up that much time, and I'm usually not that annoyed by repeat dex checks, but...repeating one that we just saw in the previous episode? That's just plain dumb. (then again, so was Oshawott not opening its eyes underwater despite being a water type!)

Emperor Empoleon
24th May 2011, 5:18 AM
I loved the Oshawott moments in this episode XD It's like every episode staring that little guy kicks arse :3 Nice little bonding moments for him and Ash too. Palpitoad capture was unexpected, but welcomed.

I wonder if Palpitoad and Stunfisk will be the rebels of this series :S Partners in crime..

playerking
24th May 2011, 8:53 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. Ash just checked Palpitoad's dex in the last freaking episode for ****'s sake. I know it doesn't take up that much time, and I'm usually not that annoyed by repeat dex checks, but...repeating one that we just saw in the previous episode? That's just plain dumb. (then again, so was Oshawott not opening its eyes underwater despite being a water type!)

I know, an 11 episode gap is stupid a 6 episode gap is worse, but the episode straight afterwards. Ash is quite silly. ^.^

Oh, so you mean that you didn't expect it, and because you couldn't predict it, it pisses you off? You want to know everything before it happens? You hate surprises?

So...what? If he had met it at the beginning, it would be ok? But because it was the end of the episode, it is not ok? The entire episode must be dedicated to a single Pokemon if it is to be captured? I think you should just relax and enjoy the show. His named is Ketchum, not Chaseum. No one is forcing you to watch the show. Please stop whining about things that are beyond your control. Are you related to Linkin Park?

Now you get it, I was worried for a second, phew! Yes, It was annoying. It's just shocking that nothing pointed towards it, yet it happened. Just like with Cilan and Stunfisk.

I like the anime in general, what are you on? But just because I'm annoyed at this, does it mean that I am constantly whining about things that I think are stupid. I love the show, but I find this stupid. You have a problem with that? Well I could not care less.

Chimchar15
24th May 2011, 2:41 PM
I honestly blame the dex thing on the writers not Ash. I mean seriously for the writers to out of their way to make Ash look up a dex entry that he just looked up in the previous episode is just plain stupid. This episode was great overall and a nice surprise all around.

~Light
24th May 2011, 2:42 PM
I think it's really cool Ash catches another pokemon completel unexpected !

I always thought it was stupid to let him catch just 5 pokemon so he has a total of 6.

At least now he can rotate his unova team more ^^

BurningSociety12345543210
25th May 2011, 10:19 PM
I like that Cilan captured Stunfisk.

Squirtle_007
26th May 2011, 1:18 AM
Great, this episode was pretty cool:

- It was nice to see Cilan taking his Pokémon to Iris´s Day Care
- No Tranquill at sight, I would like to see her interact with the other girls on the team
- So, if you invade Oshawott´s personal room, you get water gunned
- Snivy and Emolga keeps their heat on and Dwebble was the new victim
- It looks like it was the day to showcase ugly Pokémon: Foongus, Tympole, Palpitoad and Stunfisk, I was waiting to see Vanilluxe
- IT´S LUNCH TIIIIIIIIME!! and the sandwiches didn´t even moved, now that´s skill
- If Cilan would know this poison incident will happen, he wouldn´t used the Pecha berries to bake the cake last episode
- Is really THAT hard to keep your eyes open underwater?
- That sequence with Oshawott using Shell Blade with it´s eyes closed was really cool
- By now, Ash would be innmune to electricity, any other person could be floating upside down
- IT´S FISHING TIME!!, I tought we would never have to see his fishing skills after BW026, Yay for continuity
- Where do main characters get that lures?, they´re pretty cool
- I´m not very thrilled with Cilan catching Stunfisk, when I first saw the guy, I visualized him with Deerling, Snivy, Chandelure, Emolga, Swanna, but ... meh, for what it looks, Stunfisk will get the Goldeen/Tranquill treatment, maybe it will just be out for a round with it´s trainer :D
- I don´t see the problem with Ash getting Palpitoad, it´s not the first ugly Pokémon he gets, look at Scraggy, he has a cool personality but come on, the thing is awkward to see
- Actually, a lot of things happened in this episode that I almost forgot about Oshawott´s training, it´s great to see the little thing getting love, I hope Tepig is the next one

weaviledarkrai
26th May 2011, 1:30 AM
Poor Swadloon. :(

26th May 2011, 1:33 AM
Poor Swadloon. :(

I Didn't do it!!

MetalFlygon08
29th May 2011, 4:59 AM
The captures were kinda prohesized.

Look on the 1st page of the Table of Contents in he Volume 1 Black and White Guide...

Who do you see together?

and everytime you see one, you see the other too.

Pepsi_Plunge
29th May 2011, 1:40 PM
The captures were kinda prohesized.

Look on the 1st page of the Table of Contents in he Volume 1 Black and White Guide...

Who do you see together?

and everytime you see one, you see the other too.

ahn? what the hell are you talking about? and it is obvious that in a guide they are together , they are caught in the same place ingame...

Rainbowdashtheawesome
29th May 2011, 4:17 PM
^True, and oddly enough they aren't anywhere near there in the anime yet.

I loved the double capture. We all knew Ash was going to get a Ground-type at some point this gen, but I didn't think he'd get it right before the electric gym (Sinnoh was different because the electric gym was the last one and the gym leader had a Pokemon that could use Ice Punch to counter Ground-types; Elesa's Pokemon can't learn attacks that can type-trump Palpitoad).

_Taidow_
29th May 2011, 10:21 PM
^True, and oddly enough they aren't anywhere near there in the anime yet.

I loved the double capture. We all knew Ash was going to get a Ground-type at some point this gen, but I didn't think he'd get it right before the electric gym (Sinnoh was different because the electric gym was the last one and the gym leader had a Pokemon that could use Ice Punch to counter Ground-types; Elesa's Pokemon can't learn attacks that can type-trump Palpitoad).

Hidden Power- Grass

ViperQueen
29th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Hidden Power- Grass

Do hidden powers have type in the anime as well? *hard to tell lol*

Starry skies<3
30th May 2011, 8:40 PM
Good points
-Hozah! Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet. He just needs to solve his other problems and he should be normal. I hope.

Bad points
-Ash dosen't need ANOTHER pokemon.
-Cilan is drunk if he wants derpfish.
-Again, Cilan drunk. FLING THE FISH!
-Waaahhh! No Tranquill. He dosen't need the hell bidden Swadloon either. I AM A TRANQUILL FAN.

These are my reasons on why I hate this episode, and do not object to this post.
And... Palpitoad is NOT ugly.

31st May 2011, 2:36 AM
^ Aw, man. I was totally going to object to that post! Guess I can't now.

Pepsi_Plunge
1st June 2011, 1:22 AM
Just saw the subbed version made the episode a lot funnier, even if it was already.

-Pokemons were Paralyzed not poisoned aparently

-Satoshi saying Dent looked kinda of cool with the fishing rod made me laugh

-Oshawott is still cute after this for the 8th time.

-Was like wtf when Dent sends the ball to Stunfisk and saya Marry with my Monster ball, like WTF? I don't remember him saying this with Ishizumai, weird stuff definetly.

-Oh and Dent had to explain to Satoshia gain that he has 7 pokemons so he can't use Palpitoad right now, Satoshi is like oh yeah, let's hope he doesn't do the same thing when he catches another pokemon.

Tks for the subbers I was really looking forward to watch this episode subbed.

_Taidow_
1st June 2011, 8:33 PM
-Pokemons were Paralyzed not poisoned aparently

No they were poisoned. Something I noticed was that in japanese versions, they say the pokemon is paralyzed when its poisoned. It also happened in the Scraggy episode.

We also know that the pokemon are poisoned (worded: paralyzed in japanese ver.) because Iris asked for an Antidote not a Paralyze Heal.

Starry skies<3
1st June 2011, 9:45 PM
This link holds a gif on what I want to do to Stunfisk:
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/2592384/surfer-eaten-by-a-shark.html
^My 1st eva gif! Yey!

Pepsi_Plunge
1st June 2011, 10:28 PM
No they were poisoned. Something I noticed was that in japanese versions, they say the pokemon is paralyzed when its poisoned. It also happened in the Scraggy episode.

We also know that the pokemon are poisoned (worded: paralyzed in japanese ver.) because Iris asked for an Antidote not a Paralyze Heal.

Yes I was going to say that but I assumed Antidote might be just a random antidote and not the item antidote from the games, just going by the subbed version, they could have wrote poisoned then buyt wtv not important, I also found it weird when they talked about the antidote.

Sunain
2nd June 2011, 12:32 AM

This is a similar instance to Takeshi getting jammed in the butt by Gureggru and he says "Paralyzed!" (しびれ~!). The poisonous spores caused paralysis in the Pokémon. Comparing the game term of "Paralyzed" doesn't really work in the anime universe as in this instance the poisons effects caused the Pokémon to be paralyzed. In the games, Pokémon cannot have more than one major status ailment at a time.

Iris: The poison spores of those Tamagetake over there have paralyzed everyone.
(アイリス): あそこにいるタマゲタケの毒胞子のせいでみんな しびれて動けなくなってしまったの。

Yes I was going to say that but I assumed Antidote might be just a random antidote and not the item antidote from the games, just going by the subbed version, they could have wrote poisoned then buyt wtv not important, I also found it weird when they talked about the antidote.

The "Antidote" mentioned in the episode was the in-game item Antidote (どくけし), which is what it was capitalized.

Iris: It doesn't work like an Antidote, but it'll recover your strength, which will at least lighten the symptoms a little.
(アイリス): 毒消しの効果はないけど元気回復で少しは症状が軽くなるわ。

Cartoonami
3rd June 2011, 6:20 AM
I'm late to the thread, so maybe someone else said this, but what I liked about the episode was how Oshawott's learning to open his eyes underwater was an expy for a child learning how to swim. Good comedy in this episode came from that identification.
Also, Iwane's animation team delivered the goods once again, as they always do.

Kingdra4ever
7th June 2011, 10:36 PM
Good points
-Hozah! Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet. He just needs to solve his other problems and he should be normal. I hope.

Bad points
-Ash dosen't need ANOTHER pokemon.
-Cilan is drunk if he wants derpfish.
-Again, Cilan drunk. FLING THE FISH!
-Waaahhh! No Tranquill. He dosen't need the hell bidden Swadloon either. I AM A TRANQUILL FAN.

These are my reasons on why I hate this episode, and do not object to this post.
And... Palpitoad is NOT ugly.

You tell 'em skies.
I'd give this episode 8/10.

~Kingdra

dman_dustin
9th June 2011, 8:05 AM
This is a similar instance to Takeshi getting jammed in the butt by Gureggru and he says "Paralyzed!" (しびれ~!). The poisonous spores caused paralysis in the Pokémon. Comparing the game term of "Paralyzed" doesn't really work in the anime universe as in this instance the poisons effects caused the Pokémon to be paralyzed. In the games, Pokémon cannot have more than one major status ailment at a time.

Iris: The poison spores of those Tamagetake over there have paralyzed everyone.
(アイリス): あそこにいるタマゲタケの毒胞子のせいでみんな しびれて動けなくなってしまったの。

While I would agree with Scraggy in BW017 since it had electric sparks (albeit PURPLE sparks similar to the Toxic Spike in the Sinnoh League). I don't think I can agree with the "Writers" in this episode or any time.

But it depends on one thing.

In the second to last episode of the DP series "The Brockster Is In" in the English Dub they were clearly poisoned, not "paralyzed" by the Tentacruel. Were they "poisoned" or "paralyzed" in the original.

I ask because the baby Pokemon in the Brock episode looks exactly like the ailments of the groups Pokemon in this episode.

So I can't see how they were "paralyzed" rather than "poisoned" especially since we saw Scraggy in BW017 paralyzed by a poison attack (I'm assuming Galvantula used a poison attack on Scraggy).

But why is this episode clearly different but the same? I guess if it was just Foongus's poisonous spores, I guess I can accept that answer for why they were somehow paralyzed, although why wouldn't it be the attack poison powder? How would poison powder be any different? (in animation at least).

Why not just say they're poisoned? Why complicate matters with saying they are "paralyzed?"

Littlemyuu
11th June 2011, 9:12 PM
Nice episode, Stunkfish is a funny Pokemon =p glad he made a appearance ^^

Lance The Champ
8th July 2011, 8:05 PM
Ash sure is catching lots of pokemon in Unova...

Locormus
13th July 2011, 12:32 AM
Ash sure is catching lots of pokemon in Unova...

He is, and that isn't a problem. Getting them all to fight is a problem. Though I figure Palpitoad is set up as strong already, being one of the few pokemon that Ash caught already evolved. The others being Pidgeotto, Muk and Noctowl, and Snorlax if you assume that Munchlax existed back then. Ow, and Pikachu lolz..

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
13th July 2011, 12:35 AM
man ash got palpitoad and cilan stunfisk really tv tokyo

Locormus
13th July 2011, 12:41 AM
man ash got palpitoad and cilan stunfisk really tv tokyo

Both very decent pokemon. Palpitoad is awesome, as is Seismitoad, really fast and has nice typings. Stunfisk is great in UU as it has a lot of moves that give it tons of type coverage, and it handles its own weaknesses quite well.

Don't see why you're complaining unless you're bothered aesthetically..

CupidKirby
9th August 2011, 3:30 AM
Cilan getting...Stunfisk?

Woah. That's awesome. And totally unexpected.

Kind of funny to see something so significant happening in Pokemon that absolutely no one was prepared for.

TheEpicGoomba
12th August 2011, 11:09 PM
Nice episode. Cool to see Palpitoad and Stunfisk for the first time. It was great that Ash was trying to train Oshawott to use Aqua Jet with it's eyes open. Glad that he suceeded in doing so. It was awesome to see Ash capture Palpitoad and Cilian to capture Stunfisk. It was very surprising.

KickAsh
16th August 2011, 4:33 AM
Highlights: Seeing Iris interact with everyone's Pokemon is cute, Oshawott is adorable again, Cilan goes fishing, Oshawott masters Aqua Jet, and Cilan catches a Stunfisk. (Personally, I like Stunfisk, so I welcome this new capture.)

Not-highlights: Ash catches another Pokemon. I really do love Palpitoad, but I think Ash needs to slow done. I can't decide if I like Swadloon or Tranquill better (neither gets enough screen time for me to tell), but I guess Palpitoad has to replace one of them and I'm just not ready for that yet.

lolipiece
10th September 2011, 3:41 PM
Remeyo weed? That doesn't sound like Salveyo weed at all!

MidnightMelody
10th September 2011, 3:43 PM
Remeyo weed? That doesn't sound like Salveyo weed at all!

Hey as we all know drugs make the world go around. May as well make kids get into it early lol

American--Pi
10th September 2011, 7:23 PM
Cilan getting...Stunfisk?

Woah. That's awesome. And totally unexpected.

Kind of funny to see something so significant happening in Pokemon that absolutely no one was prepared for.

Fancy Waiter Boy with Derpy Fish = A wonderful, aromatic combination. ;)

I liked this episode; nice to see Oshawott finally mastering Aqua Jet (though if I were Ash, I'd give Oshawott some goggles...).

A definite highlight was, of course, Cilan swinging his fishing rod around like that. It was certainly very amusing. :D

And is this the first time two significant captures have been made in one episode?

Zoruagible
10th September 2011, 7:55 PM
I love this episode, I liked how Scraggy ended up getting everyone poisoned.
I feel like Palpitoad was a great addition to the team

Venomfang
10th September 2011, 8:32 PM
Fancy Waiter Boy with Derpy Fish = A wonderful, aromatic combination. ;)

I liked this episode; nice to see Oshawott finally mastering Aqua Jet (though if I were Ash, I'd give Oshawott some goggles...).

A definite highlight was, of course, Cilan swinging his fishing rod around like that. It was certainly very amusing. :D

And is this the first time two significant captures have been made in one episode?

Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in one episode.

Mr.Munchlax
10th September 2011, 9:17 PM
Does anyone else think Cilan can make stuff like golf & filing tax returns seem fun because of how exciting he made fishing look in this episode?

Missingno. Master
10th September 2011, 9:23 PM
Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in one episode.

Not entirely sure how significant those two are, considering neither one even made it to the Orange Islands. Either way, that's not the last time that happened. I believe it was when Ash caught Pidove and Jessie caught Woobat in the same episode. Not sure how much it counts that Ash caught 30 Tauros in the same episode...

SmartD
10th September 2011, 9:36 PM
It's a good episode. The best parts are:
Oshawott opening its eyes underwater
Ash catching Palpitoad and Cilan catching Stunfisk. The new additions are welcomed.

Can't wait for the next episode.

TheMaster327
11th September 2011, 12:01 AM
Does anyone else think Cilan can make stuff like golf & filing tax returns seem fun because of how exciting he made fishing look in this episode?

Is it just me, or is 'Zistheone2' the name of your YouTube account? Just I saw the exact same comment on the video I saw of this episode!

Good episode nonetheless.

_Taidow_
11th September 2011, 12:02 AM
Hmm the dub makes both Palpitoad and Stunfisk sound like males.

lolipiece
11th September 2011, 12:06 AM
Hmm the dub makes both Palpitoad and Stunfisk sound like males.

How? They both sound extremely similar to the Japanese version...well, Stunfisk did.

Besides, voices should never be used to determine gender. Remember Yanmega?

WaterDragon trainer
11th September 2011, 1:51 AM
This episode was pretty good. Like the new pokemon and glad Oshawott learned to open his eyes in water.

Blazios
11th September 2011, 1:56 AM
Wow. Did they put ANY effort into the Foongus' voices?

And yet, Stunfisk sounds almost exactly the same as it did in the original. Probably the closest dubbed voice I've heard out of all of the Pokémon.

DragonTrainerBigRed
11th September 2011, 2:16 AM
Overall, I really liked this episode. It was nice seeing Oshawott overcome his fear of opening his eyes underwater.

My favorite part of the episode was the scene where Oshawott blew Ash out of the water in response to having his eyes forced open underwater. That was really funny.

Supersonicbro
11th September 2011, 3:15 AM
Good episode, but i noticed a few things....1. I'm guessing pokedexes are water proof because ash pulled it out of his swim shorts. 2. How did ash know what a tympole was (he mentioned them before they escaped from them).

Almighty Zard
11th September 2011, 5:52 AM
a question for those who are observent, but was it just me or was Palpitoad's dex entry the exact same one from last week?

Mr.Munchlax
11th September 2011, 7:26 AM
a question for those who are observent, but was it just me or was Palpitoad's dex entry the exact same one from last week?

It was, but the information was reversed

_Taidow_
11th September 2011, 8:41 AM
Yeah in the original Ash did not know those were Tympole, but in the dub he did. lol The dubbers made him a wizard.

jscholfield
11th September 2011, 11:26 AM
I liked the music when oshawott battled palpitoad