PDA

View Full Version : Rate my IV Gen. Singles team

Darkerones
21st May 2011, 5:45 AM
Okay,this is the first singles team I've made and I'm still only familiar with doubles synergy so forgive me if this looks more like six individuals and not a team but I tried my best,And I haven't decided on sum of the items yet so please recomend some,here it is:

Claydol:Modest,31 sp atck IVs
252 sp. Atck,100 HP,100 defense,the rest in sp Defense

Icebeam/psychic
Rapid spin
Stealth rock
Earth power

Claydol lead migt seem strange,but I wanted something that could actually take a hit for a change and the only lead it fears is Weavile,if the opponent doesn't have him he can fill his niche as Spinner and stealth rock pokemon,as well as near perfect coverage with ice beam and earth power,and 262 sp atck isn't too bad. I'm still stuck between pshychic and ice beam tho,I really wanna hit gengar but coverage is nice too,what do you think?
Plus,people usually expect Bronzong instead,and carry flamethrower on aerodactyl insted of,say,Crunch. It's not very expected,point made.

Umbreon: Impish
200 HP,200 defense,the rest in sp. Defense
Lum berry
Moonlight
Taunt/Toxic
Baton pass
Mean look

At first glance,this looks ridiculous,but the main role of this Umbreon is to switch in on a status move and reflect it back at the opponent with the berry and synchronize,then if it's sleep,burn,or poison it can mean look and stall it,or it can baton pass to something else that can setup in it's face. Right now I have moonlight but Toxic works too,and taunt is so you don't get taunted.

Gyarados Lonely 25 attack IV
252 attack 248 speed 8 defense
Ice fang
waterfall
dragon dance
earthquake

Bread and butter Gyarados set. I dun really like using pokemon EVERYBODY uses tho so I might replace with Feraligatr later. Trick is to Baton pass mean look to it and make sure it's up against something that's crippled or has no counter to it(Spore Breloom is a sucker for my Umbreon)

Gengar Bashful 252 Sp attack 252 Speed 4 Attack
Life orb

Explosion
Shadow ball
Icy wind
Thunderbolt

please don't nag about the nature,he is still usable and packs a punch with life orb. This is really just a last resort poke for stuff that Umbreon cripples but needs to be taken out without risk and fast,that's what Gengar is for. Shadow ball= STAB, icy wind takes care of dragons,Thunderbolt is good against Togekiss and Skarmory and If you don't feel confident you will ohko something threatening,Explosion is there for you ;)

Togekiss Modest; 252 sp attack 200 defense,everything else in sp. Defense
leftovers or shell bell when I get one

Air slash
Fire blast
Water pulse
Thunder wave

Classic paraslaah togekiss with a twist,I really wanted to take advantage of Serene Grace by adding fire blast and water pulse,they have great coverage with air slash and their secondary effects are sometimes the diffrence between losing and winning. Probably my favorite.

Machamp Bashful 252 attack 112 HP 112 Defense,the rest in sp defense

Stone edge
Bulk up
payback
Dynamicpunch

once,again,no nagging about the nature,I will breed an Adamant one later. This Poke functions similarly to Gyarados,having Umbreon trap something it can set up on and boom! Start firing Dynamicpunch! The other moves are for coverage

I am open to critisism and suggestions,just don't explode on me if this team is a suicide march in OU play. 1-10 ratings are appreciated.

Also,Once Umbreom sends Gyarados,say,a hypnosis milotic (now asleep) it can set up in it's face. If any of you have ever dealt with a gyarados you probably know that if it gets more than two DDs in you might as well give in XD

Blue Harvest
23rd May 2011, 12:25 AM
Why would I infract you lol, I'll just move your team to the competitive RMT section.

... well I guess I could infract you for triple posting (I wont because im lazy)... use the edit button next time ^_^

Darkerones
23rd May 2011, 12:37 AM
Lol thanks I guess. Besides,I've thrown away this team in favor for a new doubles team. Singles was just never my thing.

Slydevil
29th May 2011, 2:34 AM
i would put wish over moonlight

lonely for grayados pick adamant
modest on claydol find one with calm nature.

manaphy72
29th May 2011, 9:26 PM
i think your team is amazing and cool. your pokemon are not all the same type. they dont have the same moves, and they dont all have the same stats. i think you are a great trainer and dont let anyone tell you that your not

123fakestreet
29th May 2011, 11:16 PM
i think your team is amazing and cool. your pokemon are not all the same type. they dont have the same moves, and they dont all have the same stats. i think you are a great trainer and dont let anyone tell you that your not

How can someone say so much and mean so little? :/

I am not too good at being original so feel free not to take my ideas.

Max Hp on claydol before defences. I would lower the spec a for bulk too. Ice beam for defo because you can only psychic gengar on the switch since he outspeeds and KOs you. Ice beam takes dragons.

Synchronise doesn't affect sleep! That umbreon tactic will 90% of the time be dead weight. I would replace it with something else.... Steel type maybe? Heatran could work well. Toxic stalling with it's many resistances and great bulk.

Jolly is mandatory on offensive Gyarados. Or you are outsped by base 130s. Run max speed too. The 4 extra def doesn't do anything right? Bounce over ice fang since it's damage is often less than STAB waterfall even when SE. Stone edge could be good to beat zapdos too.

Genders explosion is still weak. Run timid with focus blast and Hp ice instead of explosion and icy wind.

Togekiss is screaming for roost. Being original is good but if it's hindering a pokemon then that's not good. Aura sphere does the coverage of fire and water which frees up a slot for roost. Also I would run an EV spread of 252 Hp 56 sp attk 200 def.

Max Hp first before adding bulk to defences ALWAYS! Bulk up machamp can be fun but if it was me I would through sub in there somewhere.

Hope I helped :)

Darkerones
30th May 2011, 10:48 PM
people,people,quit commenting on this. this team no longer exists! rate my more recent teams por favor.

123fakestreet
30th May 2011, 11:13 PM
people,people,quit commenting on this. this team no longer exists! rate my more recent teams por favor.

Because I have never been one for doubles and I don't like to see ideas given up on. I want to make it the best it can be, you don't need to act on it. I just can't watch an idea die without help to become better.

Darkerones
30th May 2011, 11:29 PM
ive already made a new singles team and as soon as i do a little more battle testing(which this team lacked) i will post it here