PDA

View Full Version : A member here 6 years, wants to change a name.

maxxa
22nd May 2011, 8:43 PM
So I've been here since 2005 but only now have I realised that my username lacks a capital letter, I've scoured the forum so I give up! Where can I get my name changed? Thanks,
Maxxa

Skull-Kid
22nd May 2011, 8:52 PM
I'm afraid you can't change your username. You use to be able but people constantly wanted their named changed(even weekly in some cases) that the mods stopped doing it. Your only hope is to make a new account(frowned upon) or wait for another "name change" thread(which is doubtful).

Missingno. Master
22nd May 2011, 8:54 PM
It's not because it got so hectic, at least I don't think so. To my knoweledge, changing names causes forum lag for some reason, so until they straighten that out, nobody gets name changes.

Aquanova
22nd May 2011, 9:10 PM
Hi, and you should know they dont do name changes here ever.

maxxa
22nd May 2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah they used to I just couldn't find the thread, I suppose I'm stuck with it then! I've lived with it for 6 years I suppose! Oh well! Looks like I'm maxxa the pixel artist not Maxxa...

Electricbluewolf
22nd May 2011, 10:04 PM
If it is a spelling mistake, or in your case, grammar, some Mods do change them. It really depends on who you ask.

Pansy :]
22nd May 2011, 10:55 PM
A member of six years and you haven't seen constant refusal from staff to change usernames? I take it your not very active?

DasBoot
22nd May 2011, 11:05 PM
A member of six years and you haven't seen constant refusal from staff to change usernames? I take it your not very active?

He was back on when they allowed name changes, I wasn't a member back then, but sometimes when I browsed, I saw it.

Kirby
22nd May 2011, 11:09 PM
If it is a spelling mistake, or in your case, grammar, some Mods do change them. It really depends on who you ask.

This isn't the case anymore (also only admins can change names).

The reason being is due to forum lag as Missingno. Master already mentioned. If this gets rectified in the future then maybe you could have a name change, but for now there isn't much that can be done.

Sorry :[