PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Trainers!

Matt Thorne
23rd May 2011, 1:15 AM
Hello, all.

My name is Matt and clearly I am new to these boards, but not to the world of Pokémon so allow me to introduce myself.

You can see my trainer card in my sig, but before anybody calls me a "noob" or any such thing allow me to explain. While I enjoy a good Pokémon Battle, I myself am not much of a fighter. I don't play online or anything. No, I'm more of a Pokémon collector than a battler.

You see I first experienced the franchise, like many others, back when I was 10 or 12. Red and Blue were first released in North America and everybody in that age range was obsessed with it. I played Red, and then Yellow, but I never really kept up with the series after that. I beat them but I never did complete the Pokédex like I wanted.

Well, years rolled on and when Diamond and Pearl came out, I figured it was time to give Pokémon a try once again. I played it off and on for a while, but eventually I beat the game and decided to reprise the unfinished goal from my childhood of completing the Pokédex. Except now instead of 150 Pokémon there where 493 to find. Yeesh.

That's what prompted me to pick up versions I never played before. I got LeafGreen, and then Emerald. When the Generation II remakes came out I picked up SoulSilver as well. I went through those games, met my legendary friends, and beat the various Pokémon Leagues. I also set up a SMEARGLE with moves like Spider Web, Spore, and False Swipe to aid in catching more. His name is Kirby. (I named him after the late great comic book artist Jack Kirby.)

Anyway, eventually I did complete the National Pokédex in Pearl Version through catching and trading. Well, I did have to use an Action Replay to conjure up a Jirachi and an Arceus, so I guess those don't count. Everything else is legitimate, though.

Well, I imagine that's not that impressive around these parts, anyway. Especially considering with the lax speed at which I went by the time I completed my goal Pokémon Black and White were already released. Back at it, then.

So now I've beaten another Pokémon League, met a new Legendary friend to add to my team (seriously, ZEKROM is awesome), and am on my way towards catching everything Unova has to offer.

Anyway, that's my story. Hope I didn't ramble on too much. Mostly just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself properly. Huh? Oh, Kirby says hi, too.

So what kinds of Pokémon trainers are you guys? Fighters? Breeders? Collectors like me? What's your story?

Darato
23rd May 2011, 1:25 AM
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

rykerr1
23rd May 2011, 1:40 AM
Welcome =)

I am more of a breeder/shiny hunter myself. There are also many people here who are into collecting and battling. You won't have any trouble finding people who share your interests.

Anyway, if you want to trade or chat, feel free to PM me =)

Mister_SGG
23rd May 2011, 1:42 AM
'Sup? If you need an amigo or just need help, shoot me a vm/pm.

ScarfCinncino27
23rd May 2011, 1:51 AM
Welcome to Serebii! Honedtly, I'm pretty new here, too.

MegaMew2
23rd May 2011, 1:55 AM
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!
Hope you enjoy it here! :3