PDA

View Full Version : Sandstorm Team (plz rate/comment)

cforchexx
26th May 2011, 3:07 AM
Empoleon@Torrent /w/ Chople Berry
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
EV's: 158 HP, 252 SpA, 100 Spe

- Surf
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

First up i have Empoleon, this is odd? why not tyranitar?! hes mainly a scout, he has some speed EV's so he can be faster then many others, if he doesnt go first (usually against an infernape) he can take a hit from close combat because of its chople berry, then just surf it away, if it survives use aqua jet to finish the job

Forretress@Sturdy /w/ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Capable Of Taking Hits
EV's: 188 HP, 70 Att, 252 Def

- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Obvious choice for forretress is a defensive wall, packed with defence EV's and some HP. Hes very useful to rapid spin away an oponents spikes, etc. Gyro ball is very powerful for Forretress because of his slow speed plus the STAB bonus.

Tyranitar@Sandstorm /w/ Leftovers
Nature: Adament
Characteristic: Likes To Thrash About
EV's: 252 HP, 218 Att, 40 Def

- Curse
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Superpower

CurseTar! A complete beast if used right! hes basically a tank, he can take physical hits while cursing up then give back an extremely powerful STAB crunch. I gave him leftovers so he can obviously restore health after cursing up a few times.

Dugtrio@Arena Trap /w/ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Alert To Sounds
EV's: 6 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe

- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

This dugtrio is basically set up to revenge someone, i could quickly send him in and hit them with a powerful STAB earthquake, if that doesnt do the trick sucker punch to finish the job. Arena Trap makes this tactic very handy

Garchomp@Sand Veil /w/ Yache Berry
Nature: Adament
Characteristic: Likes To Thrash About
EV's: 188 HP, 252 Att, 70 Spe

- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

I have garchomp with this setup to be a tank! Max attack is obvious, then some HP to regain health after swords dance. STAB outrage with a swords dance bonus is NOTHING to mess around with, with its yache berry it becomes deadly.

Snorlax@Thick Fat /w/ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
EV's: 198 HP, 60 Att, 252 SpD

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch

Lastly i have Snorlax, basically this set up is made to be a special wall. Why not use blissey? Snoylax can be a complete tank and soak up some of those surf's, ice beams, and flamethrowers. His move pool is obviously to soak up hits and give out STAB packed body slam's or a decently effective fire punch.

Please Comment / Rate, Thank you

Darkerones
26th May 2011, 4:46 AM
Hmm pretty solid but Chomp is uber in fourth gen and this team would get eaten in Ubers. Also,Aqua jet is great on empoleon so you might want to reconsider the nature and dump the speed EVs into more HP. Empoleon isn't gonna outrun much anyway and Aqua jet takes care of speed especialy for lead. also,Why so much earthquake? Forretress is better off running a relaxed nature and gyro ball cuz without STAB and that EV spread it's not gonna damage crap and Skarmory (or any flier) walls it,or just run all support. You already have EQ on Dugtrio so Replace EQ on Ttar and get Rock Slide/Stone Edge,but that's up to preference. Chomp is fine with EQ but replace Dragon claw with Outrage and put Yache berry on it. And Shadow Claw? O.o Replace with sandstorm to prevent yer sandstorm from dying prematurely by other weather teams. Or you can run Dclaw and outrage so you have STAB without Locking into Outrage. Put more descriptions on the functions of each pokemon next time too.

Darkerones
26th May 2011, 4:48 AM
Oh,lol sorry I somehow missed that empoleon DID have aqua jet. Sorry.

In that case just change the nature for more damage in priority.

Why are you running Empoleon lead anyway? Lead with Ttar to get sandstorm immediatly. Or else having Empoleon cuz of steel typing is redundant

JinMo92
26th May 2011, 5:16 AM
you need a description or it will be locked.

cforchexx
26th May 2011, 11:48 AM
Edited, i took some advice from darkerones, thank you for your help!

Darkerones
26th May 2011, 1:00 PM
No problem. You seem to be very anti-psychic and ghost. Lol lots of Crunch,not really a bad thing it's a really solid move just couldn't help but notice

cforchexx
26th May 2011, 3:56 PM
ya thanks for pointing that out, i fixed one on snorlax for fire punch, i dont have any other pokemon who kno a fire move =p

Darkerones
26th May 2011, 9:54 PM
Good choice. Cuz otherwise steels wall you