PDA

View Full Version : Dark / Rock Deck Suggestions

Luminaire180
26th May 2011, 6:12 PM
Hey guys, looking for some suggestions on fixing up the current deck I am using. I used to play Pokemon TCG a lot back in the day when it first came out but now coming back into it I feel like a noob cause so much has changed and there have been so many new sets. Anyway with the cards I have access to I threw together a decent dark/rock deck and now am looking to tweak it. I'm looking to order some cards soon as well. Now I have noticed dark types are kinda weak but work in mysterious ways so I was thinking of going with a bench knock out strategy. Any ideas?

My current deck:

I believe this Deck would fall under the Unlimited category Due to the Gust of Winds, unless there is a newer version of the card that I am not aware of. Let me know if there is and I'll be happy to make changes and label this deck a modified deck.

Pokemon
x1 Tyranitar (Unleashed)
x2 Pupitar (Unleashed)
x3 Larvitar (Unleashed)
x3 Riolu (Unleashed)
x2 Lucario (1 Unleashed 1 D&P)
x2 Murkrow (Undaunted)
x1 Honchkrow (Undaunted 16/90)
x3 Eevee (Undaunted)
x2 Umbreon (Undaunted)
x2 Sneasel (1 Undaunted 1 D&P)
x1 Weavile (D&P)
x2 Sableye (Undaunted)
x1 Hitmonlee (Undaunted)
x1 Aerodactyl (Rising Rivals)

Trainers
x2 Potion
x1 Gust of Wind
x2 Pokemon Reversal
x1 Pokeball

Supporters
x2 Black Belt
x1 Interviewers Questions
x1 Bill
x2 Bebes Search

Energy
x12 Fighting
x10 Dark

Cards I'm thinking of adding:
Storm Front Larvitars and Pupitars
Sandstorm Eevees
Legnds Awaken Lucarios
Emerald Nosepass
Platinum Probopass
Platinum Honchkrow G
Undaunted Honchkrows 15/90
More Gust of Wind
Special Darkness Energy

I'm not aware of a lot of the new cards out there but I'm sure there are some that will work well or help with my strategy. I basically want to get cheap knockouts from the enemies bench and prevent any heavy hitters from being active against me.

Any opinions and suggestions are very welcome.

ven?
27th May 2011, 9:51 PM
Umbreon ud is useless, there's no such things as power's and bodies, in unlimited yes but not the mod, the format no. You could try out mandibuzz and tyranitar.

Typhlosionvsworld
27th May 2011, 9:55 PM
I think you should use a Blissey from the D/P/Pt series. I have one of them. It has 200 HP and a good attack.

ven?
27th May 2011, 11:55 PM
I think you shouldn't since it's unlimited in a month.

Luminaire180
28th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys. Posted on another forum a week ago and still no replies. I'm getting ready to order some cards. The Mandibuzz was a great suggestion. That card is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. What about trainers? Any I should know about that go with this strategy?