PDA

View Full Version : Green UU Monocolor

eronia
28th May 2011, 3:43 PM
Hi the team I'm making is for a tournament with a couple of my friends. We decided on UU Monocolor and I randomly had green selected. This team I'm making is for use against the Brown Color. We also made a rule that you may have one pokemon from the Pink Color group as a wildcard. So here goes:

Lead:
Ludicolo @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 SpA/Speed 4 Hp
Swift Swim Modest
Fake Out
Rain Dance
Surf
Energy Ball

I'm running this weird Ludicolo in the hopes to keep him from setting up stealth rock and to get rid of sandstorm if he decides to bring hippowdon. Also, IIRC, If he leads with slaking and I use fake out I get 1 free turn to do whatever I want while truant activates.

Physical Sweeper:
Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ev's: 252 Attack/Speed 4 Hp
Overgrow Jolly
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Crunch

Physical sceptile may seem like an odd choice, but it is able to set up on and sweep a lot of the potential pokemon he'll bring. Another weird thing is that it's jolly. I made it like this so that I can outspeed scarfed base 80's with a +attack nature and dugtrio with a +attack nature.

Scarfed Utility Pokemon:
Xatu @ Choice Scarf
Ev's: 252 Attack/Hp 4 Speed
Synchronize Adamant
U Turn
Zen Headbutt
Trick
Haze

I thought awhile about what to put on this Xatu and this is what I came up with. My opponent's best special attacker is kadabra and this xatu will outspeed and kill it with U-turn 100% of the time. The HP Ev's will allow me to switch in (I think) and take a shadow ball from it and still live. The rest of the moves are mostly for coverage. He has a couple good fighting types so I packed Zen Headbutt and a few good walls I could mess up with trick. As for haze, if he tries to set up something like Bulk Up Hariyama and I've already used my trick I can haze to get rid of the boosts.

Special Sweeper:
Politoed @ Expert Belt
Ev's: 252 SpA/Speed 4 Hp
Water Absorb Timid
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Hidden Power Rock/fire/flying/dark/ghost

This setup will outspeed and hit most of his color super effectively. The reason for Hidden Power is mostly for shedinja, as other moves won't add that much coverage to the sweep.

Physical Wall:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Defense/Hp 4 SpD
Oblivious Bold
Surf
Psychic
Slack Off
Thunder wave/Toxic

This slowbro is able to counter a lot of pokemon in his color. That's why I'm using it as my wild card. Surf and Psychic are obvious choices, hitting his fighting rock and fire types super effectively that he has a lot of. I'm not quite sure what to put for the last move though.

Seed Staller:
Venasaur @ Black Sludge
Ev's: 252 Hp/Defense 4 SpD
Overgrow Bold
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Energy Ball

This venasaur is really here because I can't think of something else to add that isn't already having it's job being done by something else. I felt that a leech seeder might be able to help me stall out any of his walls, and toxic immunity and something to take away toxic spikes is always nice.

Thanks for the help.

*I forgot to put this when I posted, but Alakazam and Chansey are banned

eronia
28th May 2011, 8:38 PM
C'mon guys I need some help with this team lol

Scrable
29th May 2011, 10:11 PM
hmm i like the team, i little weak to a poison dark type. but then again, how many drapions and skuntanks do you see running around? all in all ide say a great team, i love all the pokemon you use especially the dancing duck of death...

123fakestreet
29th May 2011, 11:29 PM
You have 3 flying weaknesses and no resistances. Rain weakens synthesis. Grass types will cause you a real problem breloom for example.

noob21
30th May 2011, 9:03 AM
This is a great team. The only problem is the venasuar filler but other then that it seem like a cool team to battle. It has major flying weakness so something like bellyzard charizard with airel ace or sp.def skarmory could set up and rape this team. I also think that spiritomb would have a ball with this team if its packing will o wisp and calm mind. The obvious choice would be to get rid of venasuar and replace it with a steel pokemon that isnt to concerned about the weather and maybe even benifit from it. My guess would be to go with magnezone that would be a good choice.