PDA

View Full Version : Rainbows Appear After This Team Wins

Blastoise009
28th May 2011, 6:44 PM
This is my first attempt at a Rain Dance team; thanks for any input.

NOTE: I understand the EV spreads are pretty standard so if anyone has suggestions I'd gladly take them.

Aerodactyl @ Damp Rock
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP

-Rain Dance
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Rock Slide

This, in my opinion, is the best Rain Dance lead possible. It'll outspeed everything, so Rain Dance on the first turn is a given. After that, it'll probably use Stealth Rock (best move in the game). If, say, a Skarmory is switched in it can easily use Taunt to cripple it. I went with Rock Slide over Stone Edge for reliability and the flinch chance.

Omastar @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-Earth Power

This thing kills everything. Its base speed goes to 110 after the Swift Swim boost, allowing it to outspeed most of the OU metagame. Hydro Pump is STAB (I prefer power over accuracy). Ice Beam combos wonderfully with Hydro Pump and gets and automatic OHKO on Dragonite and un-scarfed Flygon. Hidden Power Grass is for the waters that Hydro Pump and Ice Beam don't, and Earth Power takes out the biggest Rain counter, Toxicroak.

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Explosion

After one Swords Dance, Qwilfish has the potential to OHKO Skarmory with Waterfall. Yeah. Anyway, the first two moves are pretty self-explanatory (set up and STAB). Poison Jab is there for STAB and Grass-types. Explosion is insanely powerful after a Swords Dance and will always attack first after a Swift Swim boost.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Rash
EV's: 208 Attack, 136 Special Attack, 164 Speed

-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Waterfall
-Rain Dance

My only mixed attacker, Kingdra can excel in both setting up Rain Dance and sweeping with it. Hydro Pump is my STAB Water special attack of choice. Draco Meteor can be devastating to any Pokémon, with the defect of having my Special Attack lowered two stages. However, even with the loss, Waterfall will still work fine. Kingdra is bulky enough to withstand a hit or two, giving it time to set up another Rain Dance.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Energy Ball
-Rain Dance

This is probably the most reliable Pokémon on my team. Surf is solid, 100% accuracy STAB. Ice Beam combos with Surf, etc. Energy Ball is secondary STAB and deals with bulky Waters, the bane of many Rain Dance teams. Rain Dance never hurts on a Rain Dance team.

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 248 HP, 228 Special Defense, 32 Speed

-Thunder
-Roost
-Rain Dance
-Heat Wave

This is my main wall, with good defenses. It can safely switch in to various walls, tanks and sweepers. Thunder gets perfect accuracy in rain, and will do great damage even without any EV investment. Roost can help Zapdos stall out opponents, and Rain Dance is necessary. Heat wave is for Grounds that'll take no damage from Thunder.

Silver Owns
28th May 2011, 7:48 PM
just make sure you can use an item more than once, sorry i cant be of more help, im not good with specialty teams like this one