PDA

View Full Version : New Competative Team! Please Rate!

zillaton
2nd June 2011, 12:52 AM
Hey all. Made a team that has actually been quite decent. most often leading to close battles and intense situations. I am here to see what weaknesses this team has and what remedy's one might have to improve them.

PLEASE NOTE!!!!
If you are going to just copy and paste info and recommendations from 4th gen Pokemon analysis, don't bother. I've been to there before and the information there is relevant to me already. I am looking for original input here. Also I picked these pokes because I am trying to be unique and not use OU pokemon that we have seen ad nauseum. There is nothing wrong with those pokemon. I just want to make it clear that if your just going to suggest commonly used OU pokes as substitutes. Don't bother.

Team at a glance:

;478;;003;;080;;232;;135;;230;

--------------------------------------------------------
;478;
Frosslass@Focus Sash
timid
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Destiny Bond
My lead, and one I that has served me very well. Her ideal goal would be to set up spikes (two if she can) and then use destiny bond to take down any pokemon that would KO her. Taunt is there to stop other leads from setting up on her if she out speeds them, and a STAB Ice beam with max invested SpA EVs should be enough to 2 hit KO a lead Aerodactyl and Azelf.

;003;
Venusaur@Leftovers
Calm
252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
-Leech seed
-Sleep Powder
-Energy Ball
-Substitute
I have managed to annoy many people with this pokemon and cause them a lot of headaches with his method of attack. This set is a bulky SubSeed that will take most hits that aren't fire, ice or psychic, put the pokemon to sleep, set up leech seed, and set up a sub if its has enough HP to spare. Otherwise its just wail away with energy ball. Even if the opponent is forced to switch after being put to sleep, the following leech seed will slowly leech away at the intended counter and allow my switch-in to take most of what it dishes out.

;080;
Slowbro@Leftovers
Bold
212 HP, 44 SpA, 252 Def
-Psychic
-Surf
-Slack off
-Toxic
Slowbro is meant to by my physically bulky water pokemon who is there to mainly stall off most walls and other bulky pokemon with toxic. STAB Psychic and Surf are there to dwindle away at the opponent till they either switch or are KOed.

;232;
Donphan@Leftovers
Impish
252HP, 252 Def, 4Atk
-Rapid Spin
-Iron Defense
-Earthquake
-Roar
This set is intended to take advantage of Donphan's walling capabilities. Iron defense will boost Donphan's defense to ridiculously high levels to the point most physical sweepers that don't carry ice punch or water fall will have trouble finding a way to break him (honestly how many physical grass sweepers do you see nowadays?). Rapid Spin is there to get rid of entry hazards and earthquake gets rid of opposing walls who try to block him. Roar Is there to pseudo-haze in cases of sweepers trying to set up.

;135;
Jolteon@lifeorb
Timid
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow ball
-Hidden Power (ice)
-Thunder wave/XXXXX
My special sweeper/revenge killer. Thunderbolt's the obvious STAB move and needs no introduction. Shadow ball hits non scarfed Gengar and Pyschic types and hidden power (ice) takes care of dragons, bulky grass types, and Gliscor. Thunder wave will be used to slow down opposing fast pokemon once Jolteon has lost enough life to be foddered out for a revenge kill set up.

;230;
Kingdra@leftovers
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant
-Substitute
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
Outrage and Waterfall provide near perfect type coverage to most pokemon except for Empoleon. Because Kingdra is a sitting target for status moves like thunder wave and will-o-wisp, substitute allows him to have a buffer to set up a dragon dance or two and sweep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER OPTIONS/UNCERTAINTIES:

;135;
Jolteon
Admittedly, Thunder wave isn't the best option to give Jolteon, but I was never a fan of charge beam and thunder wave will cripple Empoleon should an agility set present itself. Baton pass is another option that will allow Jolteon to scout and get a free switch should there be any immediate danger from Swampert or Mammoswine.

;232;
Donphan
This set I have given to Donphan is niche oriented. His main role being to deal with pokemon like Scizor and physical Metagross with roar in there to phaze out a potential sweep set up and shuffle the team around. However, This set will make him utter bait to the likes of Gengar, Dragonite and Skarmory. Stone edge and assurance would remedy this problem, but would allow a free set up to pokes Donphan cannot counter effectively.

Other pokes:
;197;
Umbreon@leftovers
252 HP, 124 SpDef, 124 Def
Relaxed
-Payback
-Heal bell
-Wish
-????

This umbreon would be a typical defensive/supportive set. The 50/50 defensive EVs are there to utilize him as a mixed wall and take most of any hits. Payback is there to prevent taunt from destroying Umbreon and wish and heal bell can provide my team with cleric options. The last move I would not be so sure on. Since my Slowbro knows toxic already, it would be a waste of a move slot to give an Umbreon a status move that one of my pokes knows already.

;474;
PorygonZ@Choice Scarf
4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
Modest
-Ice beam
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-HP [fighting]
Scarfed Porygon Z is actually a pretty deadly force if used right. The speed boost allows him to outrun a lot of pokes and the hidden power fighting gets rid of Blissy, Lucario and Tyranitar. Dark pulse, Tri Attack and Ice beam allows for sweeping everything else. A typical choice for a scarfed PorygonZ, so I am open to suggestions with this set.
----------------------------------------------

That should be it. Feel free to comment and make your suggestions. If you are wondering about my previous team: I have made the appropriate changes and have shelved them in my box to mix and match with my other pokes.

AzureCharizard
2nd June 2011, 12:58 AM
how bout a pokemon that can learn a fire move. porygon z can learn flamethrower

zillaton
2nd June 2011, 1:05 AM
hmmm... I suppose that's one option. Fire fang can also be an option for Donphan over stone edge and/or earthquake as well. I'll need to put that on my list of considerations.