PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER new NU team

365pokemon
5th June 2011, 3:06 PM
I've really gotten into NU recently and decided to make another team. In this one I wanted to use another new lead that I haven't used before, as well as seeing the power of hypno. It's a little stally, but anyways, let's get into it!

First off, I wanted a lead that I haven't used before. Enter gligar!
;207;
Of course I want to use hypno!
;207; ;097;
Now, a decent physical wall. Enter dusclops!
;207; ;097; ;356;
A supporter would be nice. Enter meganium!
;207; ;097; ;356; ;154;
Physical sweeper? Enter linoone!
;207; ;097; ;356; ;154; ;264;
Special sweeper? Enter cacturne!
;207; ;097; ;356; ;154; ;264; ;332;

Team so far:
;207; ;097; ;356; ;154; ;264; ;332;

In depth analysis:

Gligar ;207; @Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 236 Atk, 236 Spe

~Stealth Rock
~Quick Attack
~Earthquake
~U Turn

Standard lead gligar. Main purpose is to set up rocks, give priority, and then switch. Earthquake is a strong STAB. In case your wondering about the EV's, pre evolved pokemon have different EV's per stat. You can find it on smogon's little cup section.

Hypno ;097; @Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Spd

~Wish
~Protect
~Seismic Toss
~Thunder Wave

One of the main reasons I made this team. I really wanted to see the walling capabilities of hypno. He gives wish support to the entire team, as well as being able to dish out thunder waves to pokes, which is always nice. It's basically blissey in NU, with the exact same moveset. Seismic Toss is there for reliablity.

Dusclops ;356; @Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spd

~Seismic Toss
~Will O Wisp
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

I love dusclops, but it should not be NU. Its the most bulky poke out there (in NU) asides from regirock in the sand. Anyway, seismic toss for reliable damage, rest/sleep talk for no status. Will O Wisp cuts attack stats in half, which basically lets my hypno just come in and never die, thanks to its massive special defense.

Meganium ;154; @Light Clay
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spe

~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Synthesis
~Energy Ball

Standard dual screening meganium. Really wanted to see what this guy could do. Reflect and light screen are obviously there, energy ball for STAB. Synthesis over aromatherapy because dusclops can be a reasonable status absorber. With screens up, it's much easier for linoone to set up a belly drum, which is always nice.

Linoone ;264; @Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 132 Hp, 252 Atk, 120 Spe, 4 Def

~Belly Drum
~Extremespeed
~Seed Bomb
~Shadow Claw

This guy is AMAZING!!! He's one of the only pokes to take advantage of gluttony, with belly drum giving him +6 Atk, and thanks to gluttony, activating the salac berry, which gets him ready to sweep. Extremespeed is a nice 80 base power priority move, which makes him a viable revenge killer if he can't set up the drum. Seed bomb really hurts lots of pokes, and shadow claw is for more coverage.

Cacturne ;332; @Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Spa, 252 Spe, Hp

~Nasty Plot
~Dark Pulse
~Energy Ball
~Focus Blast

My main special sweeper. Nasty plot boosts his Spa to a massive levels, and energy ball/dark pulse/focus blast gives some really nice coverage, and after a nasty plot, this guy OHKO basically everything.

Well, that's it! All feedback is appreciated, and feel free to check out my last NU team if you like!

Darkerones
11th June 2011, 1:20 AM
This isn't bad at all. And I really love that I'm not the only one that thinks Linoone is amazing. The team is great for NU but Gligar seems out of place here. Have you considered using a Naive Pikachu with Light Ball? They actually pack a punch in NU.

noob21
16th June 2011, 12:18 AM
This is a wonderful NU team 5 stars if I had wifi I would challange it hands down

24th June 2011, 5:41 AM
Great team. I was wondering where you find out what tier a pokemon is in? A lot you can guess, but I thought that Espeon was UU, but that was because I have never checked any of them.

Aquadon
24th June 2011, 6:04 AM
I'm curious on why you picked to use Seismic Toss on Dusclops as opposed to Night Shade: Seismic Toss is already on Hypno, and Night Shade does the same exact thing (with the exception of being a Ghost-type move instead).

studmuffin208
24th June 2011, 9:23 PM
My weavile could sweep your team. Ice punch would take out glinger cacturne and meganium. Focus punch would take out linoone and night slash would take out hypo and dusclops.

Aquadon
25th June 2011, 6:08 AM
My weavile could sweep your team. Ice punch would take out glinger cacturne and meganium. Focus punch would take out linoone and night slash would take out hypo and dusclops.

First off, Weavile is OU; which means that a Weavile wouldn't be seen at all. Not sure what you aimed to accomplish there.

But inadvertently, there is a good point; your team has a hemorrhaging Ice-weakness (and a Decent Bug one at that). With 0 Ice resists and 3 Ice Weaknesses, it might be a prudent move to find something that can cushion against Ice Moves, otherwise you're going to be in a tough spot. Maybe try Magmortar as your Special Sweeper instead of Cacturne, in case you do find yourself in a pickle against Ice Moves. Either that or Swap out your Meganium (as much as I love Meganium) for something else that can Dual Screen (Metang, oddly enough is an idea).

Dlugazaba
1st July 2011, 6:12 PM
think about heracross and starmie they might be a bit powerful for this team ( I am the owner of those poks so I taught about them) :)

spuds4ever
2nd July 2011, 1:58 PM
Interesting team. I never realised Dusclops was in NU, I don't think it should be there myself... Anyway, as mentioned, a glalie or a walrein could seriously hurt this team. The only anti-ice thing you have is stealth rock and Gligar won't survive more than one turn against ice. I suggest adding in something maybe like charmeleon with belly drum and rock-slide.

Dark Sharpedo
6th July 2011, 9:56 PM
think about heracross and starmie they might be a bit powerful for this team ( I am the owner of those poks so I taught about them) :)

First off, this is a NU team, so neither Heracross nor Starmie have any chance in pooping into a nu Battle. derp.

fire_man
15th July 2011, 6:35 AM
Great team. I was wondering where you find out what tier a pokemon is in? A lot you can guess, but I thought that Espeon was UU, but that was because I have never checked any of them.

Tier list:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

Or just check out my thread...has a bunch of various resources:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=12980061

5221A
30th July 2011, 11:47 PM
night slash on dusclops and find away to fit in charzard or a fire type on my opinion

Vandslaux
30th July 2011, 11:56 PM
About Gligar's EVs: Those are for Gligar in LC. Gligar in NU is lv. 100, so it gets 510 EVs. just saying.