PDA

View Full Version : BlastZel

Lennyx
14th June 2011, 9:42 PM
The following is a rough get together that I found while just glancing through books and such of sets from HGSS on. Since this deck is built the way it is, it fits the new rotation coming up, effective July 1st. Comment away, guys.

Pokemon:

4. Blastoise
3. Wartortle
4. Squirtle
3. Floatzel
3. Buizel
4. Mantine
2. Cleffa

Trainers/Supporters:

4. Pokemon Collector
3. Professor Elm's Training Method
3. Interviewer's Questions
3. Professor Oak's New Theory
1. Flower Shop Lady
4. Rare Candy
3. Pokemon Communication

Energies:

4. Double Colorless Energy
2. Rescue Energy
10 Water Energy

Vast
16th June 2011, 3:53 PM
4 Squirtle
4 Blastoise
Only 3 Wartortle?

ven?
17th June 2011, 7:27 AM
what set's are each card from, mainly the main evolution's?

Lennyx
17th June 2011, 3:33 PM
Sorry guys, here's the details of the deck.

4. Blastoise UL
3. Wartortle UL
4. Squirtle UL
3. Floatzel UL
3. Buizel UL
4. Mantine HGSS
2. Cleffa

Trainers/Supporters

3. Professor Elm's Training Method HGSS
3. Professor Oak's New Theory HGSS
1. Flower Shop Lady UD
3. Pokemon Communication BW
4. Pokemon Collector HGSS
3. Interviewer's Questions UL
4. Rare Candy UL

Energy

2. Rescue Energy TR
4. Double Colorless Energy HGSS
10. Basic Water Energy BW

And to answer your question, Vast; I only run three Wartortle because Rare Candy takes care of a couple Blastoise of mine. Evolving Squirtle straight to Blastoise with 4 Wartortle still in my deck leaves those cards useless and therefore raises potential for a bad draw.
This deck is built around the format HGSS on, the new rotation. It's pretty fast and it made quite an impact at Battle Roads last week.

Lennyx
17th June 2011, 3:38 PM
In addition, for the upcoming Professor's Cup; you can tech in KyoDon instead of Cleffa.

ven?
17th June 2011, 8:09 PM
What is kyodon? Do you mean KGL? if so, why?

Lennyx
18th June 2011, 2:29 AM
I just faced ReshiRush with the deck. Kyogre/Groudon is necessary for this deck because it now attacks the bench, making your opponent think twice about using powers and things that place damage counters. Or, using that Bolt Strike on Zekrom.

ven?
18th June 2011, 6:35 AM
KGL is a bad strategy in this case. It's only t3-t4 for setup which is rather slow against a properly setup reshiram deck (reshirush?) at t1-t2. it maybe a good deck out strategy (i don't recall the actual name for it), but thats it. For the use of "making you're opponent think twice about using powers and things that place damage counter's" that statement beg's me to ask the question, "do you play alot of competitive play?", 90% of competitive player's would attack or use ability's either way even if you had kgl out, infact they would use ability's and attacks even more so now. So what does decking out your opponent with a slow spread attack have anything to do with this deck, instead KGL should really only be in a krookodile since both cards create a combo, where as this deck and kgl would be at an impass considering that blastoise is aggro and KGL is not,

more importantly, why would you put a spread dmg in a beat stick aggro deck? you don't because you don't put any other strategy's into beat stick decks because it would just slow down the deck even more.