PDA

View Full Version : Wow, This Place Is Awesome.

SeanTheTrainer
17th June 2011, 2:51 PM
Hey there forum, the name's Sean. I decided to join so i can get more into competitive battling and try to beat my friends who, even though they don't EV train/breed, still beat me.

arbiter7x
17th June 2011, 3:28 PM
So you breed and EV train, I see no reason why you lose to people who do. Remember that EVing and breeding do not stand alone, they are coupled with battle strategy and team synergy that helps to win battles, and by Eving and breeding, you show yourself as someone who's actually serious about pokemon and so you have to bulk up on the aforementioned aspects like team-building and movesets too. Remember, a Pikachu can single handedly defeat Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Arceus given the right moveset, noob enemy intelligence and a bit of luck.

Pikachu
Jolly Nature
Light Ball
252EV Spd, 252EV SpA
Max ATK, SpA and Spd IVs

Thunderbolt
Substitute
Dynamicpunch
Hidden Power (Ice)

Ice wreaks Rayquaza, Dynamic punch confuses and allows for 2HKO on Arceus (Normal) assuming it hits, Mewtwo can be 2HKOed with STAB thunderbolt, while absorbing 1 hit in return with substitute.

all in all, can be done with a small amount of luck, assuming all enemies have not EVed and have crappy IVs, and Arceus is confused for 1 turn and Mewtwo does not hit on its first turn but uses stats boosting moves

Darato
17th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D