Ability: Gluttony
Item: Petaya Berry
Evs 255 Speed, 200 Special Attack , 55 Defense
Attacks:
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Nasty Plot

Most likely I find that the Simipour out speeds most pokemon on teams, and has a good coverage for other Pokemon. I was able Po do a sweep with one of these.. has anyone else tried any other berries with Simipours Gluttony and what were the results?

Blue Harvest
23rd June 2011, 7:45 PM
I used a Nasty Plot Simipour on PO's LU server. It was pretty good. I ended up getting to #1 and holding it for two weeks without losing a battle. The monkey is good in lower tiers but I would never use it in OU, its too slow and vulnerable to hard hits.

Gluttony could be used on a Salac Berry or something but that never works. Worse, hes walled to absolute death by Ferrothorn. Definitely something to use in lower tiers.

Zachmac
24th June 2011, 12:24 AM
Torrent/Substitute is better, IMO. It's not bulky anyway, so why keep the 50% health? I'd trade that for 270 power hydro pump any day. Ice beam removes Grass and Dragon Types, so then it's only stopped by other waters. Nasty Plot or Grass Knot for the last move. With a salac berry, you can use a modest nature and still outrun the majority of the metagame.

Of course, you're going to want a Ferrothorn counter, because Blue Harvest is right. Magnazone sounds nice.

Aggron459
24th June 2011, 12:26 AM
Sub would work well, but you lose the coverage

Eaglehawk
24th June 2011, 2:29 AM
Gluttony is actually a useful ability on it. While Petaya Berry isn't the path I intend for Simipour, I think a Sitrus Berry might be useful. A Simipour can come in on resisted moves, set up Nasty Plot, and sweep.

Moneyy
25th June 2011, 12:26 AM
I would invest in Sp. Att and Speed, and either use salac or petaya. Salac gives it much needed speed, but petaya makes it very powerful. If you use Peteya, you can take nasty plot out and replace it with another move. If there is no other good move you can keep nasty plot.

MetalFlygon08
25th June 2011, 2:28 AM
If Ferro is a huge theat (aka Magnezone doesn' fit into your team) HP fire could work right? Since if you can't squeeze in Zone, there's probally a Ferro of your own in the way.

Blue Harvest
27th June 2011, 12:00 PM
It could just run Nasty Plot / Focus Blast / Surf / Ice Beam to muscle through Ferrothorn without losing coverage. Gluttony seems pretty useless but you can use Simipour like a Starmie that trades the ability to outrun the base 110s for Nasty Plot.

All the same I'd rather use Starmie.

Zachmac
27th June 2011, 11:02 PM
Sub would work well, but you lose the coverageNot really, Ice/Water is only stopped by Shedinja/other waters.