PDA

View Full Version : First Deck Ever Jumpluff Vileplume with Stage 1(HGSS-ON)

Skater Trainer
26th June 2011, 8:08 PM
So I've never really been into pokemon TCG. It's alwys been cool, but I've always played yugioh. Recently since yugioh is in a bad format, I decided to try my hand at pokemon. I was trying to find something fun to play, that hopefully wasn't too much money. You guys can tell me whether or not it's too expensive, but here is the build. It might be bad, since I am just trying to make it and there might be some bad decisions, but here it is.

Pokemon:

4-2-4 Jumpluff
3-1-3 Vileplume
1-1 Yanmega prime
3-3 Sunflora
2-2 Cinccino
1-1 Zoroark
4 Pichu

Trainers:

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon communication
1 Interviewer's Question
3 Professor Oak
2 Copycat
2 Judge
2 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy

Energy

3 Double Colorless
4 Grass

Basically, I want to start with Pichu as much as possible, fill the bench. Go off early with Yanmega prime and Cinccino for quick prizes, then go into Jumpluff with Vileplume support. Sunflora is my engine and Zoroark is there for an instant answer to stuff like Zekrom. I don't know if I should be playing Yanmega prime but I think it's a fun tech for no energy.

I also need to know how much a deck like this would cost, since I have none of the cards.

ven?
30th June 2011, 7:05 AM
bahahaha, good try for a first deck.

adrianlovesyoumuch15
23rd July 2011, 4:43 AM
awesome deck! sounds like the deck i'm running, except sometimes i run into the problem of being deprived of energies mid to late game. any solutions?

ven?
25th July 2011, 12:46 AM
ignore my past statement. 4 pichu in this kind of game play is useless, yes it may be a good setup like tyrogue or cleffa but in this kind of format where we want to end up dealing 100 by t1-t2 a 30hp pokemon and item's like catcher with 50/50 chances of sleep isn't that great of a strategy, lowering it down to about 2 would be best so your not drawin into so many late game, if you have an issue with drawin basic's try dual ball or pokemon collector. As for 1 IQ and 4 grass energy, we're no in the times of free energy search anymore so you do have to increase your energy and or energy search lines, 4 jumpluff is a bit extreme, runing something that evens out your lines like running an equal amount of zoroark and chinccino to jumpluff and yanmega lower's weakness tko against different type's. other then that i'd suggest running this deck against different decks altogther and try weakness's against this deck to see if it can be effective, even if you don't have the cards, proxy them go to a league and people will feel sorry for you and give you good trade's for the cards you need this deck would cost upwards of 200$ to get it, trade online on forums with high volumes of competitive players and you'll get your deck in no time.

spartanlaser
1st August 2011, 8:11 PM
So I've never really been into pokemon TCG. It's alwys been cool, but I've always played yugioh. Recently since yugioh is in a bad format, I decided to try my hand at pokemon. I was trying to find something fun to play, that hopefully wasn't too much money. You guys can tell me whether or not it's too expensive, but here is the build. It might be bad, since I am just trying to make it and there might be some bad decisions, but here it is.

Pokemon:

4-2-4 Jumpluff
3-1-3 Vileplume
1-1 Yanmega prime
3-3 Sunflora
2-2 Cinccino
1-1 Zoroark
4 Pichu

Trainers:

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon communication
1 Interviewer's Question
3 Professor Oak
2 Copycat
2 Judge
2 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy

Energy

3 Double Colorless
4 Grass

Basically, I want to start with Pichu as much as possible, fill the bench. Go off early with Yanmega prime and Cinccino for quick prizes, then go into Jumpluff with Vileplume support. Sunflora is my engine and Zoroark is there for an instant answer to stuff like Zekrom. I don't know if I should be playing Yanmega prime but I think it's a fun tech for no energy.

I also need to know how much a deck like this would cost, since I have none of the cards.

Note that if you don't set up fast enough, cinncino's do the wave kills you because it sets up faster.