PDA

View Full Version : White Forest & Black City Discussion

Lady Legend <3
2nd July 2011, 1:05 PM
I thought I'd make a thread to discuss these two new features of Pokemon Black & White.

I liked them, they're unique and it's fun to try and make your forest/city grow. They also each had their benefits - either helping you complete your pokedex or giving your pokemon ep points.

even though I have White, I like the idea of Black City better. Catching pokemon over and over did start to get boring after a while!

Sissel
3rd July 2011, 10:39 AM
While I agree that they were nice touches the Black City had a Glitch.
A friend of mine was in the Black City And The building in the middle of the City disappeared.
This disappointed me a little but nether the less The two locations are nice.

Meowth City
3rd July 2011, 10:54 AM
I prefer White Forest for the wild Pokemon and the occassional item(s) that appear everyday. I like that you get base Pokemon all at level 5. My favourite is Togepi because I love Togekiss and having the ability to catch infinite numbers of them is super :]

I like Black City for the trainer battles, but I hate the fact that you can't buy any good items unless you got the right trainers. I was unlucky that I got buyable Thunderstones because in-game you already get given three of them and only three Pokemon evolve using it - so pointless. I would prefer to buy able to buy Water Stone because a lot more Pokemon evolve using that and you don't get enough in-game.

While I agree that they were nice touches the Black City had a Glitch.
A friend of mine was in the Black City And The building in the middle of the City disappeared.
This disappointed me a little but nether the less The two locations are nice.
Not a glitch. This happens if you don't visit or battle the trainers there after a long time. I have actually decided to let my Black City die because I have no use for it anyway.

Iris Mist
3rd July 2011, 2:17 PM
I have both Black and White. I don't really enjoy Black City, but I love White Forest. I enjoy being able to catch older gen Pokemon at Lv 5. I just wish it was easier to get the trainers to leave to be able to change the Pokemon that appear. For some reason, even if I ignore my Black City or White Forest, the people don't seem to want to go away :(

CaptainCombusken
3rd July 2011, 4:14 PM
Having both versions really makes a difference, I must say.

I really like both locations. Buying stuff in Black City is nice and I like the techno feel, but equally, I love the little log Cabin in White forest and all the cute little level fives.

Lorde
3rd July 2011, 4:21 PM
I have both games and since I have two DS consoles now, I can easily update Black City and White Forest. Still, I usually only play Black version these days, so I don't really visit White City anymore. I tend to focus more on Black City and the trainer battles there.

Fireflight
3rd July 2011, 4:22 PM
I bought white because I loved the idea of the white forest. Unfortunately I didn't look into it enough because I don't own black and I don't know anyone that does so I can't get any trainers to move into the forest. All that aside I still enjoy the white forest

Lunar Machine
3rd July 2011, 4:52 PM
I just love both of them and found Black City to be extremely useful for training since I got both B/W and two DSs.

Geekachu
3rd July 2011, 5:43 PM
I'm not buying Black so I'm stuck with White Forest. Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed. To me it's a bit limited, since you can catch all the Pokemon in a day and after that there's nothing much to do. And plus the best ground item I found was a Yellow Shard.

Personally, I'd much prefer to battle everyday rather than have a place full of Pokemon I've already caught. I think my White Forest is pretty barren at the moment, to be honest I was a bit disappointed by it.

Skarm-Flier
3rd July 2011, 6:18 PM
I prefer Black City just for the extra thousand exp it gives you.

Lorde
3rd July 2011, 7:54 PM
Personally, I'd much prefer to battle everyday rather than have a place full of Pokemon I've already caught. I think my White Forest is pretty barren at the moment, to be honest I was a bit disappointed by it.

I wish White version had Black City and Black version had White Forest. You know, to go with the whole yin and yang theme that these games have going on. I wouldn't have minded going to White Forest to capture Pokemon if that area were in Pokemon Black. I like the battles that Black City has to offer, but capturing Pokemon has always been my strong suit.

Wardek
3rd July 2011, 7:56 PM
I prefer Black City for items, though i don't bother going there. White Forest if i want to get Pokemons i don't have.

DrasticPhase
3rd July 2011, 10:30 PM
I really like black city because if you defeat the amount the person in rge building in the middle sayys, you get extra money.
But its disapointed that the items are limited :/

General Nonsense
4th July 2011, 2:24 AM
I'm not sure why, but in my Black City, there is no large building where I can buy items. There never has been, even when I first went to Black City.

FatalOmega
4th July 2011, 2:39 AM
I'm not sure why, but in my Black City, there is no large building where I can buy items. There never has been, even when I first went to Black City.

Sounds like you spent to much time enjoying pre E-4.

Personally I would much rather catch pokes so I went with White Forest. Now I am able to build a forest with some of my favorite Pokemon.

General Nonsense
4th July 2011, 2:43 AM
Sounds like you spent to much time enjoying pre E-4.

It took me three days at most to go through the game and beat the E4. And the first thing I did after beating the E4 was go to Black City.

Tsutaja1996
11th July 2011, 1:24 AM
I have Japanese Black and English White, but I spend most of my time on White. I prefer Black City's music and looks, but like the idea of catching rare Pokemon in White Forest. Wonder if they will combine the two in the 3rd game, or something completely different altogether?

Farfan
11th July 2011, 1:35 AM
Lol, my White Forest just have 1 guy in it and has no grass, just some trees, a pokecenter and a house.

KuromiCrimsonArcAlliance
11th July 2011, 1:39 AM
I just wish Extralink was on wi-fi so I don't have to call people over to update the city.

Ballistic Buizel
23rd July 2011, 8:57 AM
I love white forest. You can catch hard to find pokemon, and so it's more useful than black city.

kyogreblue3
23rd July 2011, 2:55 PM
I like White Forest more than Black City because the Pokemon are at Lvl 5, so you don't have to worry about relearning moves, and you can train them the way you want to. Which is a plus for me because I hate flying to Driftveil and going to my PC and getting the Pokemon with the right move just so I can get a Heart Scale!!! And because you have to battle people every day in Black City, and you only have to talk to people in White Forest. It's way easier :D.

BossTrainer
23rd July 2011, 3:21 PM
I have the White Forest, but I'd rather have the Black City. It just sounds more fun.

Mickyp
23rd July 2011, 9:00 PM
I hate black city with a passion. I think it was a terrible decision to make it so that the city can disappear with tim. I switched the date of my ds so that i could get the different forms of deerling only to realize that black city had become a ghost town. o_O

StarlightUmbreon
23rd July 2011, 9:04 PM
I like the white forest better, I enjoy seeing the familiar faces from past games ^_^

Paradoxe
23rd July 2011, 9:45 PM
I have the White Forest, but I'd rather have the Black City. It just sounds more fun.

Trust me, no you don't. It's a dump when you first get there, and it doesn't even have any pokemon.

Darkoon
23rd July 2011, 9:52 PM
Well, I like the Black City better because we could train our pokemon every day and we could even get 10.000 Pokes per day if we battle 10 trainers... XD

thunder_dragon2
24th July 2011, 10:01 AM
My black city died... :/

Mr. pokedude
24th July 2011, 11:39 AM
I honestly like white forest better in terms of pokemon. But battling is black city ftw. Sadly on my white i took my time and got three people there in total. But with the knowledge already from white, i went through black quite fast and ended up with a full city. Very nice until I find myself on the boss of the battle subway, last pokemon, 10 HP only to get OHKO'd on all my pokemon. I get so angry i leave the game for 15 days and come back to a black city with two people and an empty white forest.

RoySceptile
24th July 2011, 4:02 PM
I like the city better cause you fight high leveled guys.

ZeroEdgeir
24th July 2011, 11:37 PM
I just wish Extralink was on wi-fi so I don't have to call people over to update the city.

This a thousand times over.

My White Forest is barren, has been since I first arrived there. And I know all of ONE person who even owns Black, and nobody that owns White, locally anyways.

I think that was one of their biggest mistakes for the global release, making it tied to in-person connections, instead of WFC usable.

Would have been SOOOOOO much more successful I think. Now, I got a useless location, with no wild pokemon at all. And trying to find Water Stones in cave ground-shaking spots is ridiculous...

acetrainerdov
25th July 2011, 1:19 PM
i like white forrest more but i have black :/

warcraff
25th July 2011, 5:40 PM
A question. If you reset your clock to the date you started the game will the Black City be restored to a state where people to battle are there? If anyone has tried this let me know.

arceus7
25th July 2011, 6:40 PM
ner. I think its like the battles with cheren there not affected by time but daily use

Shine
6th August 2011, 4:26 PM
A question. If you reset your clock to the date you started the game will the Black City be restored to a state where people to battle are there? If anyone has tried this let me know.

I doubt it will work. Changing time makes the city/forest becomes deserted no matter what the new time is.

I like Black City more, by the way.
I have 2 DS, so I just PokeTransfer all the Pokemon I need, making the wild Pokemon in White Forest becomes pointless.
Not to mention that since the OT is different, they level up faster.
Also, Black City lets me train them faster due to the trainers, on top of that I get free 10,000 pokedollars for every 10 trainers beaten.

anyway, for those who got Black, how many times you have defeated the trainers in Black City?

I've defeated 1100 trainers at the moment.

Meowth City
6th August 2011, 4:58 PM
anyway, for those who got Black, how many times you have defeated the trainers in Black City?

I've defeated 1100 trainers at the moment.
I did 110 Trainers, then I got bored and stopped. I've decided to forget about Black City for good. I'm gonna send some trainers over to White so I can get a Nidoran (male) and Trapinch. If I want battles, I have plenty of daily trainers to fight. As for money, I have plenty of money from the Ruins Treasure plus so much from battling said trainers.

Lorde
6th August 2011, 5:29 PM
I've pretty much stopped going to my Black City. I think the last time I went was last Friday, and I only went there to collect some cash from that man inside the large black building. I haven't been battling the trainers there, yet nothing has changed. I thought that the city reverted back to its original shape if you stopped battling the trainers. So I'm surprised that my Black City is still standing.

PokeTrainerJay
6th August 2011, 5:53 PM

Agree with this.

arceus7
6th August 2011, 5:56 PM
I love going to black city, plus I love getting the EV's from the pokemon, its like a continous crank gear, and I never have enough daily trainers to battle

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
6th August 2011, 6:29 PM
I choose the White Version just to catch as much as I want in my White ;D but actually Black city is kinda better :I you have "strong" (Lv 70-40) Trainers so you can get a lot of Exp. Anyway I have both versions but I play only on the White one, but I prefer Black City for the exp :3

EeveeOfDarkness
6th August 2011, 6:39 PM
I hate black city with a passion. I think it was a terrible decision to make it so that the city can disappear with tim. I switched the date of my ds so that i could get the different forms of deerling only to realize that black city had become a ghost town. o_O

Uh. I'm planning to do that too. But after reading this message, I think I changed my mind.

arceus7
6th August 2011, 7:44 PM
^ it doesnt turn into a ghost town.

I go every day and the buildings haven't dissapeared and I change my time frequently but I go every day so that the city doesnt dissapear

messing with the time and not playing the game for a while like 3 days messes up the time ratio which is why daily events get screwy, you can change the time on the clock with no consequence if you go to the city every day and play the game for a bit after changing the clock and changing it back

White forest is even worse than black city when it dies, there is no grass the place looks like a barren open field and I think the houses loose the people inside

grayzoroark
6th August 2011, 8:00 PM
i like black city better it suits me more, and what will they do in "gray" Gray suburbanite? or both Black City and White Forest?

Sharnuur
6th August 2011, 8:13 PM
Someone please help me, I feel like I'm missing out here ):

revv
6th August 2011, 8:16 PM
Black city's nice, but everytihngs so expensive there. White forest has really nice pokemon you can catch. I guess it just suits me more.

Ninja Dewott
6th August 2011, 8:27 PM
@ Grayzoroak: I think a completetly new area is more likely. It is a good selling point, after all

@ Revv: Not really, money isn't really an issue in pokemon games.

Shine
7th August 2011, 1:00 AM
@ Revv: Not really, money isn't really an issue in pokemon games.

and especially in B/W, where getting money is much easier than before, with the Relic items and the Nimbasa trainers giving you a lot of money.

I've pretty much stopped going to my Black City. I think the last time I went was last Friday, and I only went there to collect some cash from that man inside the large black building. I haven't been battling the trainers there, yet nothing has changed. I thought that the city reverted back to its original shape if you stopped battling the trainers. So I'm surprised that my Black City is still standing.

If you've been visiting it and battle in it a lot before you stop, it might have enough points to stay full for a while.

munnafn22
7th August 2011, 4:53 AM
Black city is ok. I guess, only have 5 people there.

munnafn22
7th August 2011, 4:58 AM
White forest is boring, and you look so small in it.

Meowth City
7th August 2011, 1:28 PM
I only have abour three people left in my Black City. That's down from the orginial six people I had before. Two of them disappered after just a few days, but the remaining trainers are taking a long time to vacant the premises. I have no use for them either way xD

Paradoxe
7th August 2011, 2:01 PM
I haven't even bothered to check on my Black City. It's soooo booooring.

If I had known the gimmicks of each game, I would've gotten White.

Lorde
7th August 2011, 5:25 PM
If you've been visiting it and battle in it a lot before you stop, it might have enough points to stay full for a while.

I guess that could be it. I was mostly waiting for the city to clear out so that I could connect with another White version to get new trainers and items there, but it sure is taking a lot time for the people in Black City to leave. I'm tempted to change the time since that apparently messes with the Entralink and other features, but I've decided to just wait things out.

battle171
7th August 2011, 10:38 PM
I guess that could be it. I was mostly waiting for the city to clear out so that I could connect with another White version to get new trainers and items there, but it sure is taking a lot time for the people in Black City to leave. I'm tempted to change the time since that apparently messes with the Entralink and other features, but I've decided to just wait things out.
Same here, I already got like 300+ thunderstones, need more rocks, lol.

Serebii!
8th August 2011, 8:09 AM
What is the smallest White Forest can get, I have the Pokemon Centre, 1 house and 3 people outside

arceus7
8th August 2011, 8:17 AM
just the pokemon center left

Serebii!
8th August 2011, 8:29 AM
When there is just the Pokemon Centre is there still grass to find Pokemon

yellowscyther
8th August 2011, 12:59 PM
i have a full black city but no evolution stones to buy all i buy is heart scales

Pyrax
8th August 2011, 5:53 PM
When there is just the Pokemon Centre is there still grass to find Pokemon

No, apart from the Pokémon Centre, the Mayor's house is the only thing in White Forest.

ShimmerInTheDark
9th August 2011, 7:09 PM
I like Black City, mainly because of the battles and the guy that gives you money for every 10 battles you win. I found White Forest a bit boring sincer I transfered most of my national dex-pokemon over from previous games, but I do like the look of it. I just wish there was more to do there, like battles or min-games.

Meowth City
9th August 2011, 7:16 PM
Might as well ask here as well.

Can someone give me a step-to-step guide on how to invite people from Black City to White Forest? I have both games and I want to invite three people from Black over to White, but when I use the Entralink feature I can't figure out how to get my character into the other game's White Forest. I'm stuck in the center. Help me please!!

GOLDENCRS
9th August 2011, 7:22 PM
It was cool leveling up for the champion in Black City, but I probably would think different if I had White Version. I don't know...

Shine
9th August 2011, 10:05 PM
Might as well ask here as well.

Can someone give me a step-to-step guide on how to invite people from Black City to White Forest? I have both games and I want to invite three people from Black over to White, but when I use the Entralink feature I can't figure out how to get my character into the other game's White Forest. I'm stuck in the center. Help me please!!

Like I said on the Help thread, most likely it's because you haven't start any mission.

Start one by talking with the spiral tree thing on the middle of your other game's Entralink, and you can teleport to cities (including White Forest) by tapping them.

Don't forget to finish the mission, and the next time you go to your other game's Entralink, you can immediately teleports around without doing any mission.

Meowth City
9th August 2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks Shine. I saw your post in the Help thread, so thanks for answering in both thread. I wasn't sure if where it was appropriate to ask and I wasn't excepting anyone who answer as quick as you have. Yep, I got it now. Thanks again.

arceus7
10th August 2011, 1:45 AM
I tried to do the talk to the people mission as a machop , I dont know how to get their attention help plox

benlo7
10th August 2011, 2:01 AM
I visit it everyday and talk to the people (not all People everyday) but no new pokemon appear! and I have a ton of grass and big trees ( i got some trainers from my sisters black city but no more will come! )

Pancakes11
10th August 2011, 2:02 AM
My sister stole all the people in my black city and they went to her white forrest. My city is empty at the moment.

Shine
10th August 2011, 5:21 AM
I visit it everyday and talk to the people (not all People everyday) but no new pokemon appear!

The Pokemon inside White Forest depends on the people there.

So the only way to make new Pokemon appear is to have another people from someone else's Black City visit your White Forest.

However, if you have maxed your White Forest, then the only way to get new Pokemon is to let the Forest shrunk a bit, then get more people from someone else's Black City, hoping it's a different one.

TDawg
10th August 2011, 9:26 AM
Sigh* my white forest is now completely empty:/ I need to find someone with a good black city. Mine just gave me Slakoth:/

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th August 2011, 3:23 PM
I have Black, so I have Black City. I must admit, that city is great. It's an easy way to level Pokémon up to level 100.

Lorde
10th August 2011, 5:14 PM
I have Black, so I have Black City. I must admit, that city is great. It's an easy way to level Pokémon up to level 100.

I used Black City more for monetary purposes than for training. I remember battling as many trainers in Black City as possible so that the rich man inside the black building would give me some cash. The trainers themselves don't give out too much money, so I was always looking forward to getting 10,000 Pokedollars from the rich man.

arceus7
10th August 2011, 5:36 PM
if you have 6 people in black city you can get 20000 pokedollars daily with amulent coin

MewHarmonia
10th August 2011, 7:41 PM
My Black City has nobody in it. D: There's one backpacker and a family of three. And I don't know anyone who has White, so I can't bring any people to my game. :(

Meowth City
10th August 2011, 8:29 PM
Woohoo! I just brought the three people from Black City over to my White Forest. Now, I caught myself a Magby, Bellsprout and a Gastly. I can't seem to invite anyone else, so I gotta ask what is the max number of people allowed in White Forest at a time, and should I invite the useless ones to Black City to make room for the ones I want?

Vanilluxe
12th August 2011, 11:14 PM
I prefer both Black City and White Forest in their own ways :D

I have Black version myself, but my Black City is completely empty.

Rezzuréct
13th August 2011, 3:09 AM
How to invite Backpacker Carlos to the White Forest? I've do the entralink everyday, but I can't find him

Meowth City
13th August 2011, 12:55 PM
^ I think you either have too many people already in White Forest or he doesn't want to leave Black City yet. I'm not 100% sure on that.

Demonsead
26th August 2011, 2:51 AM
I think I've got the best Black City, it sells:

Fire Stone
Thunder Stone
Water Stone
Dawn Stone
Moon Stone
Heart Scale
Shiny Stone
Leaf Stone
Dusk Stone
Sun Stone

Tyranitarquake
26th August 2011, 2:58 AM
I prefer the extra pokemon of white forest to the battles and items in black city.

Meowth City
26th August 2011, 11:08 AM
I think I've got the best Black City, it sells:

Fire Stone
Thunder Stone
Water Stone
Dawn Stone
Moon Stone
Heart Scale
Shiny Stone
Leaf Stone
Dusk Stone
Sun Stone
Lucky. Mine only sold Thunderstone - completely useless since I didn't need anymore. I wish mine sold Fire and Water Stones, as it would have made filling the Pokedex a lot easier. Ah, it doesn't matter now coz I've almost finished my dex anyway.

Lance The Champ
26th August 2011, 1:42 PM
There should have been a sort of club for triple battles as a special facility in the Black City...

Squirtlemasterr
26th August 2011, 6:58 PM
Is there any way I can get my Black City filled up again? Any help would be appreciated.

Tsutaja1996
26th August 2011, 7:04 PM
Is there any way I can get my Black City filled up again? Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with White version, get the other player to go to Black City and you will start to refill the City.

I love the music in Black City. :)

Squirtlemasterr
26th August 2011, 7:17 PM
Connect with White version, get the other player to go to Black City and you will start to refill the City.

So do I. I am literally in BC every day. I train against the Audino on the route close to there. Anyone out there with White willing to help? ^^

Lorde
26th August 2011, 7:53 PM
My Black City is finally starting to empty out. I had ten trainers in there last week, and now there are only nine. I haven't noticed any real difference in building size, but maybe that part doesn't come until later. Anyway, I'm still battling the trainers there, but I'm only doing so every few days.

I loved it at first too, but then it started to get annoying. I still prefer it to the White Forest music, though.

The Eleventh
26th August 2011, 8:51 PM
So do I. I am literally in BC every day. I train against the Audino on the route close to there. Anyone out there with White willing to help? ^^
You can only access another player's game via Entralink, which uses local wireless, not Wi-Fi. You'll have to find someone in real-life to fill up your Black City again.

Squirtlemasterr
26th August 2011, 9:12 PM
You can only access another player's game via Entralink, which uses local wireless, not Wi-Fi. You'll have to find someone in real-life to fill up your Black City again.

Oh, well that's ****ing lame. Forget it then.

Valoo.
26th August 2011, 9:35 PM
There are two people left in my White Forest, but I don't think they have any effect on it, since there's no grass :|

On the topic of music, I love the music in White Forest. It's very upbeat, and just..nice.

The Eleventh
26th August 2011, 10:53 PM
I probably have very few people left in White Forest. I did have fifteen or so at one stage, thanks to my brother's Black City. I've milked the forest of all of its benefits, though, so I don't have a need to refill it. I have to say that I prefer Black City over White Forest, content-wise. I prefer battling trainers and purchasing items over catching Pokémon, as they can be Poké Transferred from Gen IV. Aesthetically, I prefer White Forest.

benlo7
27th August 2011, 5:43 AM
I like white forest better but it's hard to get certain pokemon to show up :/

Meowth City
27th August 2011, 11:09 AM
My Black City is almost empty after I sent all the people over to White Forest. Now, I only have the PokeCenter and a few skyscapers. That big building with the shops is completely gone, haha. I don't even care since they never stocked anything good anyway.

Elision
28th August 2011, 6:19 PM
I can't remember how many people I used to have in Black City but it sucks now that I sent them over to my sister's White game. :l

camj23
28th August 2011, 8:25 PM
I got Black at the recommendation a friend who both, and to me Black City is very disappointing. I have a decent amount of items (took maybe 45 hours to get there), and the trainers are nice, but I kick myself everytime I look at the list of all available pokemon in BW and a nice chunk of my favorites are only available in White Forest. I mean, the items that are offered arent incredibly rare, you can battle Audino for EXP, and theres trainers everywhere anyway. I have the original DS so no Entralink for me, and I would just rather be able to catch more rare, stronger pokemon in White Forest than buy items and battle.

conantheking
28th August 2011, 10:47 PM
Hey, since my topics always seem to be awaiting moderator approval and never get approved I'll just ask this here:

Hi all, just a question, I am unfamiliar with how White Forest/Black City work exactly despite looking at various websites and using google.

From what I understand, I have to go White Forest and ask people to come to Black City, fair enough. But, then wouldn't that make my friend's White Forest become empty and suffer?

Like wise, if he needs people to populate his White Forest and he comes into my Black City and asks people to join his place, won't he be stealing my citizens? o_0

myriada
28th August 2011, 11:31 PM
From what I understand, I have to go White Forest and ask people to come to Black City, fair enough. But, then wouldn't that make my friend's White Forest become empty and suffer?

Like wise, if he needs people to populate his White Forest and he comes into my Black City and asks people to join his place, won't he be stealing my citizens? o_0The only people you can take from another Forest/City, are ones that have already left that Forest/City in that game. As such you can profit from them losing people, but don't directly cause them to lose people.

BIGJRA
28th August 2011, 11:33 PM
I have black and i had to trade for nat. dex. I don't like how they dwindle after a while though.

benlo7
28th August 2011, 11:54 PM
They should have made a vs seaker for this game cause other than bc there are barely any trainers that are re battleable

BIGJRA
28th August 2011, 11:57 PM
vs seeker would be good. Black city and the sports domes make you only train a little bit per day.

Dragontamer1011
29th August 2011, 1:23 AM
I enjoyed Black City then three days later everyone disappeared including the city in the center... My city was completely full as well so this was pretty aggravating.. Any clue what happened?

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
29th August 2011, 1:33 AM
Black city is pretty cool! I as well as many others hate that there is no vs. seeker! >_<
I like purchasing items there.....
I wonder if they'll be a new place like Black city/White forest in the 3rd game...?

DooblyDooHaxorus
29th August 2011, 1:41 AM
I always enjoy catching lv. 5's for my nephew to train on his pokemon black, but I wish I had the trainers to battle for extra exp.

elFA
29th August 2011, 1:44 AM
I enjoyed Black City then three days later everyone disappeared including the city in the center... My city was completely full as well so this was pretty aggravating.. Any clue what happened?

Did you mess with the clock on your DS? If you do that strange things happen in Black City or White Forest, like everyone dissapearing or people never going away.
After some time people in the forest and the city will eventually go away, though.

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
29th August 2011, 1:51 AM
Yah it must suck having no trainers to battle in White forest! >_<
There should be more trainers in black City! ;)

Shine
30th August 2011, 12:45 PM
finally defeated 1300 trainers in my Black City.
By now, my Black City probably already has enough points to stay full for until the end of the next Spring lol

I love the trainers in Black City, makes it easier to level up my Pokemon because there are more trainers to battle with.
The only problem is keeping them there....I rarely see my friends who plays White since we live far from each other, so I don't want to lose my current batch of trainers.

Jb
31st August 2011, 2:51 AM
There is like no one left in my Black City, all the buildings are gone lol, I was too busy dealing with ev training to botther battling anyone there.

Bsugarhigh
1st September 2011, 4:08 PM
Black City lets you battle more thus lvling pokemon up quicker. So Black city is better.

The Golux
1st September 2011, 7:13 PM
OK, two questions... though I kind of have the opposite problem of a lot of people. I want to get rid of some of the people in my black city (that have weak/low-EXP mons and don't offer anything useful in the shop) and invite new people, so what I need to know is 1: Do the people you can get/invite from another certain game ever change, and is there any way to control it/speed it up, and 2: how long does it take people to leave the city? I know there's a points system sort of, but what do the points max out at if anything? Because I was fighting everyone daily for a long time...

myriada
1st September 2011, 8:24 PM
OK, two questions... though I kind of have the opposite problem of a lot of people. I want to get rid of some of the people in my black city (that have weak/low-EXP mons and don't offer anything useful in the shop) and invite new people, so what I need to know is 1: Do the people you can get/invite from another certain game ever change, and is there any way to control it/speed it up, and 2: how long does it take people to leave the city? I know there's a points system sort of, but what do the points max out at if anything? Because I was fighting everyone daily for a long time...There are a total of 30 people you can have/invite, though 10 max at one time. They 'change' as in, different people's games will have different people to invite. You can't really speed up something that happens instantly when you talk to them in someone else's game though.
And at maximum it'll take 20 days for people to leave if you ignore Black City completely for that time, though if you do that *everyone* will go. I believe it works out to 34 days if you talk to everyone but them, so quite a while.

The Golux
1st September 2011, 8:31 PM
So if I am inviting from my white version, I'll always have the same people to invite? And there's nothing I can do to change that?

Iron Beast
2nd September 2011, 4:58 AM
i perfer white forest. i love the forest life. catching rare pokemon. thats the life

myriada
2nd September 2011, 12:07 PM
So if I am inviting from my white version, I'll always have the same people to invite? And there's nothing I can do to change that?Well, once you invite someone, they permanently move to Black City, so you can change them that way. You could also restart your game to get a different set of people.

redcharzard
3rd September 2011, 12:26 AM
i perfer white forest. i love the forest life. catching rare pokemon. thats the life

My Forest is empty, and I can't stand it. I used to be able to get Starley Machop and Togepi but i can breed those now so it doesn't matter. It still depressing to go through my white forest.

DrasticPhase
3rd September 2011, 6:30 AM
its sad that my black city is empty :(

2000b2
3rd September 2011, 7:30 PM
My Forest is empty, and I can't stand it. I used to be able to get Starley Machop and Togepi but i can breed those now so it doesn't matter. It still depressing to go through my white forest.

i know how you feel.

arceus7
4th September 2011, 5:37 PM
am I the only one who always uses the city for ev training? Its fun fun fun. Great for Sp.atk and Atk ev training not to mention I can get my 6 hp evs from the Exploud who I can beat with a level 20 pokemon because all it knows is roar rest synchronize and sleep talk

DarumakkaImposter
5th September 2011, 7:24 AM
I never really liked it. The only use I see for White Forrest/Black City was getting Pokemon/Buying Heart Scales, Stones, Etc..

Cerex
5th September 2011, 5:00 PM
I really like the premise behind Black City and White Forest, but I feel as if Nintendo, once again, made the whole process unnecessarily more difficult than it needed to be.

I don't play around a lot of other players, and I can't believe that a large base of the player population does, so only being able to get the the full benefit of both places after you connected with multiple players makes it almost too difficult to full get the benefit of both areas.

Black City is amazingly useful, and the fact that you have the Dream World makes White Forest less useful, but it's still pretty to walk through.

Could someone answer me this, I have copy of Black and White, I can erase the content of Black and start it over. I've I did this repeatedly and visited the other's Black City will I be able to get the full list of Pokemon available in White Forest?

Haydinho
7th September 2011, 1:19 AM
I agree with above. I have white, and to be honest it doesnt worry me that i miss out on all the battles, because like Cerex i dont play around anyone so i must rely on Wifi trading/battles.

I cant use white forest for the pokemon or items.. it drives me crazy.

(in saying this, im looking for someone to trade me white forest pkmn.. pm me)

even if i had black i couldnt battle anyone there :(

pokemonranger7098
7th September 2011, 10:23 PM
White forest.... I've abandoned mine. Theres no one who plays black or white around my town, and my forest died in a way. No people, no pokemon, no items.... And I used to use the forest to fuel my pokemon shop of all Lv. 5 pokemon. Now I breed to get Lv. 5 pokemon, it takes forever...

Nibbles4Ever
7th September 2011, 10:38 PM
I hate Black City. Everyone in there is selfish DX I like White Forest more.

Pokemonperson1
8th September 2011, 10:26 AM
what pokemon can you catch from the old generations. how many can you catch without trading or migrating

Meowth City
8th September 2011, 12:41 PM
what pokemon can you catch from the old generations. how many can you catch without trading or migrating
Everything you need to know is here (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml)

DutchTrader01
8th September 2011, 8:16 PM
I spent too much time catching and training as many different pokemon as I could to get anything good in White Forest. I can't catch Pokemon or find items.
I would prefer Black City because you can buy Evolution Stones there.

Pokemonperson1
9th September 2011, 3:05 PM
thanks meowth_city

one more thing

can i catch every / more or less every pokemon from sinnoh, hoenn and kanto in black and white without trading after i beat the elite four etc. Pokemon like pidgey, rattata, hoothoot etc

myriada
9th September 2011, 6:12 PM
thanks meowth_city

one more thing

can i catch every / more or less every pokemon from sinnoh, hoenn and kanto in black and white without trading after i beat the elite four etc. Pokemon like pidgey, rattata, hoothoot etcYou can't catch these Pokemon (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/unobtainable.shtml) in BW at all.

FlaringBlaziken
18th April 2012, 5:01 PM
Does someone want to help me fill my White Forest? I am willing to help you as well. I will be free at Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Who's interested?

cabooseman
18th April 2012, 5:08 PM
Does someone want to help me fill my White Forest? I am willing to help you as well. I will be free at Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Who's interested?

eh I would help since mine is empty too but I dont know how to...

peppercat89
19th April 2012, 12:18 AM
I was rather dissapointed with the forest. I don't know any others with these games, so I can't update anything. I'm stuck with Aron which isn't a bad pokemon, but also with Hoppip and Abra.

FlaringBlaziken
19th April 2012, 2:55 PM
Cabooseman, do you have black or white? You need to have black so you can fill my forest and vice-versa. You just need to visit my forest in the Entralink. I will tell you my FC once you agree.

Shine
19th April 2012, 3:40 PM
Cabooseman, do you have black or white? You need to have black so you can fill my forest and vice-versa. You just need to visit my forest in the Entralink. I will tell you my FC once you agree.

eh I would help since mine is empty too but I dont know how to...

.....WF/BC is filled via local wireless, not Wi-Fi.

Both of you need to actually meet each other in real life, as the DSes and the games must be close to each other in order to connect.

cabooseman
19th April 2012, 3:49 PM
Well, I have to 2 DS'es and I have both B/W... I connected through entralink but not sure what to do...

Shine
19th April 2012, 4:01 PM
In your Black, take a mission then go to your White's White Forest. Talk with all the people there.

In your White, take a mission then go to your Black's Black City. Talk with all the people there.

After you've done both, you are free to leave, finish the mission, then leave the Entralink.

FlaringBlaziken
19th April 2012, 5:02 PM
Oh. nevermind :(

EpicRanomJump
22nd April 2012, 12:38 AM
My White FC :3998 1768 6107

johnny7126
22nd April 2012, 12:45 AM
honestly i like white forest but black forest is best for training so idk which i like the most 0></

TuGaWaR 545
22nd April 2012, 11:26 PM
Both are programed into the games (BC on white, WF on black). Soooo, when I get bored of one, I use a little magic to switch em (BC on white).

Once you catch all the 'mon in white forest, it gets boring.

FlaringBlaziken
23rd April 2012, 4:40 PM
How many people do you need to bring to your forest to unlock water? I know there is water (I saw pictures of it) but I already talked to all my friends black city folk.

iPokemon
28th April 2012, 2:02 PM
I like both, they were a good addition to both of the games.

x-sayrie-x
29th April 2012, 7:47 PM
Eh, I'm a bit disappointed in the White Forest. There isn't much to do in it once you've caught all of the Pokemon it has to offer...

The most attractive aspect of Black City would have to be the ability to buy evolutionary stones.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
30th April 2012, 2:37 PM
The only thing I hate about Black City are the shops. They sell overpriced goods. Jeez.

White Forest is better imo. You could catch rare Pokemon.

SuperEpicRock
30th April 2012, 9:09 PM
I literally did nothing with my white forest after I caught all the pokes I could. I assume all the pokemon are gone now, though I haven't checked in forever. All I had was rhydon and abra, IIRC, so not even any really good ones, anyway.

Arach
1st May 2012, 3:45 PM
I need somebody to make my white forest bigger anybody wants?

MssMellonCollie
1st May 2012, 9:02 PM
Do you need more than just one copy to complete Black City and White Forest? My Boyfriend and I are both have the games(I have Black and he White) and we've gotten a few NPCs from each person's game to come over to ours, but we can't seem to get anymore. Do we need to find another Black Version?

I really just need a Wurmple!

Faraway_Mew
2nd May 2012, 12:59 PM
This is weird. I did not do any thing to my black cu\ity. I just off it accidentally before saving and now all my trainers I just got from my friend are gone! Can I get them again from the same white version or do I need another white version?

MegaSerperior
2nd May 2012, 1:22 PM
I love White Forest. I myself, like the idea better than Black City. It makes it less of a challenge to complete your national pokedex and you can find useful items instead of buying them. Sure, Black City gives you a lot of exp. but you can battle wild pokemon or the trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums just as easily.

empoleon49
6th May 2012, 1:28 AM
I was really happy that I could catch Lotad in White Forrest.

TheEliteEmpoleon
6th May 2012, 2:57 PM
I like White Forest better, simply because I'm one of those people who needs to complete the Pokedex.

Seles
6th May 2012, 3:16 PM
I liked White Forest.I thought it was a nice touch.

But can someone help me?At first White Forest had people,grass,and ponds.But now only a house and one person is there.Can someone tell me why?

Half
7th May 2012, 12:28 PM
I liked White Forest.I thought it was a nice touch.

But can someone help me?At first White Forest had people,grass,and ponds.But now only a house and one person is there.Can someone tell me why?

There's a weird sort of point system for the NPC's that is explained here: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Over time ... the areas will become deserted with no buildings and trainers in Black City and no grass in White Forest. To fix this, you'll need to go into Entralink with your friends and try and get people to come to your areas. This can only be done between Black City & White Forest. You will not be able to get other trainers to go from two White Forests or two Black Cities. You can only have up to 10 characters in your area at any one time

Each character you encounter has a set value which determines the rate in which they leave. In order to keep them there, you'll need to talk to the inhabitants often and allow them to stay. Once the points hit 0, the character will leave.

There's also a table that shows what gives or takes points away on the page.

My white forest is pretty dismal, with no grass or water, as I took too long to find it (which is a bad game mechanic in opinion). Because I don't know anyone local with Black, I don't think I can expand it.
But I've read that simply speaking to the people there once per day would raise the overall points of the forest and more NPC's will arrive there. Can anyone confirm this, or is my forest doomed to be barren forever?

swedefish
23rd March 2013, 12:30 PM
Ok, I need some help here because I can't make sense of my White Forest.

I have eight patches of grass and seven residents (it's been that way since day one). The only pokemon I seem to encounter are Abra, Aron, and Wurmple. However, yesterday the mayor said that Surskit was available and today he's saying that I can catch Lotad... however, no matter how much I walk around, I don't seem to encounter these pokemon. I have no water at all in my White Forest and never had any. Am I wrong for thinking that all the pokemon mentioned by the mayor can indeed be caught in the forest on that day? Please help sort this out for me if you know what is going on because I REALLY want Lotad since Ludicolo is usually a staple on my teams but I currently am unable to transfer my existing Ludicolo from Platinum to White. Thanks!

Canada
23rd March 2013, 6:43 PM
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, they should appear soon.

swedefish
23rd March 2013, 7:24 PM
Hmm... reading around online it seems to me that White Forest gets no new pokemon unless one goes to bring people from Black City, i.e. one is stuck with the same pokemon that were there from the moment one first entered White Forest. This all seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying, but I would be very grateful if someone could confirm or deny this. Thanks.

lokowoko
23rd March 2013, 11:53 PM
does Black city/White forest actually update pokedex? cause when i did Black city i saw plenty of pokemon that weren't on my pokedex but no updates =/

swedefish
24th March 2013, 9:50 AM
does Black city/White forest actually update pokedex? cause when i did Black city i saw plenty of pokemon that weren't on my pokedex but no updates =/

Pretty sure pokemon you see in Battle Subway and Black City don't update the pokedex. White Forest is different than Black City in the sense that instead of battling, you catch pokemon.

Lorde
27th March 2013, 6:25 AM
Ugh, my White Forest on my main White version died out for some reason. I don't recall doing anything to make it revert back to the basic layout; it just sort of happened. Now I'll have to link up with another game to upgrade the layout again. On the bright side, my Black City is thriving. I love seeing all the big skyscrapers and trainers hanging around.

Cutty
29th March 2013, 4:04 AM
I havent visited the Black City believe it or not. And I own JPN BLCK & US BLCK2. I forgot about it completely it seems.. not that I need it in the mean time.

Zamin
9th September 2013, 5:24 AM
My White forest has never changed lol and everytime I have checked the guy always tells me about Surskit but I cna never seem to find it anywhere lol

Monek_OP
11th September 2013, 6:05 AM
I only have one DS, and poor Wi-Fi at that, and I never really beat B/W or B2/W2, just sorta played until I beat the champ. Never explored all of Unova, now that I think about it ... So, I never bothered with version exclusive cities.

Maceylynn23
30th October 2013, 3:12 PM
i have both black and white and i never understood how to make the city or forest bigger.

if someone could PM me and explain it to me. it would help a lot. thank you.

Ib4
3rd November 2013, 3:11 AM
I've got White and Black 2, but my White Forest of Aron, Wurmple, Rhyhorn, and 1 other (Surskit maybe?) disappeared. And I've only got the one DS.

Bradley9023
5th November 2013, 8:07 PM
I dunno if you're allowed to post friend codes on here or anything but I have absolutely no friends in real life who have pokémon black and I really want to go to Black city so...
3955-9918-2289 :3

Could really use a friend or a few friends to entralink with so I can actually experience black city and entice people back to white forest (especially so I can catch a magnemite)
Thanks <3