PDA

View Full Version : I Summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon! (Reshiram Turbo - Carvanha Edition)

Airride_Master
5th July 2011, 5:48 AM
Pokemon: 18
x2 Cleffa
x4 Reshiram
x3 Emboar 20
x2 Pignite 17
x3 Tepig 15
x2 Ninetales HGSS
x2 Vulpix HGSS

Supporter:8
1 Flower Shop Lady
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Juniper

Items: 20
4 Energy Retrieval
4 Junk Arm
2 PlusPower
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
1 Revive
1 Switch

Energy:14
14 Fire Energy

Strategy:Power Up Reshiram on Turn 2 with Emboar to constantly Pound your opponent with 120 Damage. Recover Energy with Energy Retrieval and Junk arm to reuse it.

ven?
5th July 2011, 6:40 AM
I think typhlosion prime works way better in combination with roast reveal.

Airride_Master
5th July 2011, 2:23 PM
I would Agree;Unfortunately, the format is a format of attackers with 100+ attack power, and using Typho Primes power would put Reshiram into KO range of Zekrom, Other Reshiram, Zorark, and Machamp with 2 Damaged bench Pokemon. The eck opts for more of a Trainer-Based recycling engine, Using Junk arm and Energy Retrieval mainly.

ven?
8th July 2011, 7:59 AM
That is true, but this doesn't comes from a stand point of wanting to set up a hko on a t2 basis. Alot of what we have right now is setup for donk, but what would you rather run? something fluid at the beginning to get you 2-3 easy prize's or a consistent run thats going to guarantee a tko every turn. if your worried about reshiram getting down to hko range use cards like reniculus to avoid that but irregardless it doesn't take much to take down either zekrom and or reshiram a plus power and a zekrom and reshiram, that being said instead of trying to worrie about something that isn't going to benefit you in the next x amount of turns to ensure game supremacy, not to mention but zekrom brings itself down 40hp everyturn so whats 10 hp? nothing. This format right now is no different in skeleton then that of luxchomp.

SkittyOnWailord
13th July 2011, 9:08 AM
That is true, but this doesn't comes from a stand point of wanting to set up a hko on a t2 basis. Alot of what we have right now is setup for donk, but what would you rather run? something fluid at the beginning to get you 2-3 easy prize's or a consistent run thats going to guarantee a tko every turn. if your worried about reshiram getting down to hko range use cards like reniculus to avoid that but irregardless it doesn't take much to take down either zekrom and or reshiram a plus power and a zekrom and reshiram, that being said instead of trying to worrie about something that isn't going to benefit you in the next x amount of turns to ensure game supremacy, not to mention but zekrom brings itself down 40hp everyturn so whats 10 hp? nothing. This format right now is no different in skeleton then that of luxchomp.

While I do agree with Airride_Master that putting that one damage counter on a Reshiram is a very bad idea (because of the reasons posted about it being OHKO'd) I do like having a 1-0-1 Typhlosion prime in my ReshiBoar deck. It can help power up something on the bench for later or sometimes get that one more damage you need to KO something with Outrage.

ven?
14th July 2011, 7:34 PM
While I do agree with Airride_Master that putting that one damage counter on a Reshiram is a very bad idea (because of the reasons posted about it being OHKO'd)

and so zekrom is just a bad idea of a deck then, 4 hp versus 1 hp. My point is valid if they can make a deck that does 40 damage to itself perturn versus my 10 dmg to itself per turn and see's round 4-5 top cut play at nats and you're worried about 1 hp that actually helps not only reshiram but ninetails setup faster, so attack + synergy and draw. In this kind of format we always have to assume that everything is going to be 1 hit tko'd (plus power, back belt, aot of decks run plsu power so even if you defend that one hp, it's still useless), what helps on the rebound is more effective then what isn't, typhlosion is a rebound card, emboar is a setup card, you can't run an effective pachirisu or emboar if you have no energy in hand, and these kinds of decks discard ton's of energy, so even as a tech, it's way more effective then you're setup.

SkittyOnWailord
19th July 2011, 4:17 PM
and so zekrom is just a bad idea of a deck then, 4 hp versus 1 hp. My point is valid if they can make a deck that does 40 damage to itself perturn versus my 10 dmg to itself per turn and see's round 4-5 top cut play at nats and you're worried about 1 hp that actually helps not only reshiram but ninetails setup faster, so attack + synergy and draw. In this kind of format we always have to assume that everything is going to be 1 hit tko'd (plus power, back belt, aot of decks run plsu power so even if you defend that one hp, it's still useless), what helps on the rebound is more effective then what isn't, typhlosion is a rebound card, emboar is a setup card, you can't run an effective pachirisu or emboar if you have no energy in hand, and these kinds of decks discard ton's of energy, so even as a tech, it's way more effective then you're setup.

Yeah, Emboar vs Typhlosion is still a big argument on alot of forums. Both of them have their good points and bad parts. Right now it just seems to be personal preferance which one you chose. After seeing both decks used alot in the last few weeks, IMO eather one can be used just as good as the other if you base the deck around that specific one.

ven?
19th July 2011, 8:02 PM
That is true there is alot of stipulation between the two techs, but it could be the fact of seeing our top master's versus our mid rank master's, top played emboar the mid played typloshion, mid won 6-7 times out of a 9 game run, so thats where I take it from. To be honest typhlosion just seems to be the better combo with reshiram and ninetails considering the discard where as emboars all setup from you're hand relying only on your hand, I just don't see the equal in both, sorry.

Hojinisabeast22
1st August 2011, 7:06 PM
No one I saw at nationals used Typhlosion because it was a stage two. Because it can take so long to get out I'm sorry to say but it's just not a good Idea.

SkittyOnWailord
2nd August 2011, 10:49 AM
No one I saw at nationals used Typhlosion because it was a stage two. Because it can take so long to get out I'm sorry to say but it's just not a good Idea.

Hmm. Stage 2 being too slow? I guess you should tell that to all the Magnezone players too. :p

Hojinisabeast22
2nd August 2011, 1:52 PM
Yah that's what I told my brother. Also the deck listed here is amazing but try taking out a pignite for rare candy because it makes the deck run faster.

Charze
8th August 2011, 1:06 AM
Yah that's what I told my brother. Also the deck listed here is amazing but try taking out a pignite for rare candy because it makes the deck run faster.

I'm thinking you should keep the 3-2-3 Emboar line. Plus he already has 4 candys. I'd add a Burned Tower and swap some Junipers for Oaks.