PDA

View Full Version : Pocky Yoshi appears with a wall of text...

KokoYoshi
6th July 2011, 4:13 AM
Hello. It is I, Pocky Yoshi. Originally, I hail from 8wayrun.com(a Soul Calibur enthusiasts website). However, I finally decided after lurking here for so long, I decided that I would introduce myself. I loved pokemon ever since it came out and had a great history with it; but recently as of now, I'm trying to find the best team. Or let me rephrase that: I'm here for help, because I want to build a team around Vaporeon. I know this will be silly to say, but is it possible to build a team to support Vaporeon for Ubers? I mean, I'm one of those, "Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" as said from Karen from the elite four. And I want to push cute Vaporeon to fight giant heavy weighters like Lugia or Groudon. I mean, it would be satisfying to defeat a competent opponent that wields ubers with a team to support Vaporeon? But if not, I'll settle with just a team that can protect my favorite pokemon. In any case, I'll leave these few questions: Would someone be kind enough to walk me through what's Vaporeon's strengths and weaknesses? And how can I build a team to reinforce her? Thanks for reading and forgive my intrusion.

-Pocky Yoshi

Darato
6th July 2011, 5:59 AM
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

These links should be able to help you

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

L.F.D.

MooseSmuggler
6th July 2011, 6:52 AM
Welcome to the boards ^_^ I think Darato has it covered with helpful links that would be of use to you, though might I mention that someone in my clan uses Vaporeon and was the clan's "Pokémon of the Week" at one point? I believe its set was Toxic, Scald, Wish, and Protect. It's a defensive set designed to wear the opponent down, if that's what you're into. If not, Darato's links should help you find what works best for you ^_^ Good luck!

KokoYoshi
6th July 2011, 8:42 PM
Thanks for the responses. And yes, the set I like happens to be Toxic, Scald, Wish, and Protect. And I need good partners that will help Melody(my nickname for my Vaporeon) wear and annoy opponents down. But in any case I'll be sure to ask Darato or whoever to get some help. Thanks again.

-Pocky Yoshi

sanae
6th July 2011, 10:33 PM
A good partner would be any fire type that can learn earthquake and a strong fire move to cover its weaknesses.