PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at a team (diamond)

dratinitamer
6th July 2011, 5:26 AM
I only have pokemon diamond for the time being so I am working with whats available to that game only. Trying to get into battling online and move the team over to White.

Right now I am trying to build off of my first EV trained pokemon and almost finished second. Some pokemon I had in mind to finish off the team is Infernape, Mamoswine, Swampert, Celebi. Dragon type in this team that would fit the best is Garchomp but he is Uber tier. Think Starmie and Mamoswine would help with the dragon problem though.

Nothing is set in stone except the Lucario really, he's my baby :P Any help for the last few spots would be appreciated and any thing you see I should change as well, theres lots to keep track of when building teams and I am sure I have made a bunch of mistakes so far.

;448;
Choice Specs, Inner Focus, Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind/Vacuum Wave

;121;
Life Orb, Natural Cure, Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

;248;
Choice Scarf, Sandstorm, Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Superpower

;472;
Leftovers, Sand Veil, Jolly
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost
U-Turn

Possible Additions:

;260;
Sassy /Torrent/Chesto Berry
252HP 252SpD 4Att
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Curse
-Rest
*was suggested for this team. but it adds another EQ weakness but swampert is pretty beefy

;251;
Life Orb, Modest, Natural Cure
232 HP / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
Thunder Wave
Leaf Storm
U-turn
Rest
U-turn and rest help counter Leaf storms drawback and life orbs as well. Good for scouting and supporting and a huge stab grass attack.

;392;
Naive, Life orb, Blaze
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Close Combat
U-turn
Stone Edge
Overheat
Mixed attacker to throw opponents off some since infernape has such a huge move pool its hard to predict what he is using. Changing gliscor to have spikes on the field would be a better option over all for the team with this guy. Again U-turn for counters against him and to get rid of the overheat drawback. Plus adding in the fire helps against all the steel threats and grass threats this team could have a weakness too as well.

;473;
Life Orb, Jolly, Snow Cloak
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Beast. Thats all there is to say about this guy. He works amazing with tyranitar, infernape and celebi, letting gliscor keep his current set for this team to have scary EQ STAB's. Sure he has huge weakness' to common attacks but the high speed and hp help him come in with u-turns or start as lead to wreck face. I love the mammoth.