PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

Serebii
7th July 2011, 9:13 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/700.jpgEveryone Gathers! Don Battle!!

Finally at Nimbassa City, Ash decides to enter the Don Battle Tournament led by Don George which he just learned about. However, he's not the only one involved when he finds that every major trainer he, Iris & Cilan have encountered since he got to Unova are participating, including his rival; Trip. The first round of the battles begin. Will everyone be able to get past the first round?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/700.shtml)

Discuss

s2daam
7th July 2011, 11:00 AM
Can't wait for this episode. I wonder if we see an evolution in this episode.. Nimbassa City looks AMAZING in the anime!

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Team Rocket, stop trying to act like you're still important.

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:02 AM
Oh yeah its confirmed this is Raimon Town not Raimon City, Satoshi just asked Luke for the gym and he said its in Raimon City and they are in Raimon Town, I guess the gym might be in the 50s after all, well the time is being well used so I'm not worried.

Still making this "Raimon Town" might help in a possible retcon of the TRvsTP arc, I would have to know what Team Rocket was saying to confirm, they were talking something about Sakaki again and it was night in a city full of scryscrapers.

RandomOne
7th July 2011, 11:03 AM
In the begining: Team Rocket.
- Ash and the gang in Nimbasa, Bianca comes and drops him to the water again, saying she want to be in the tournament either.
- LOL BIANCA TRYING TO CATCH ZORUA XD
- EWW, Bianca VS Kenyan -> Bianca loses :(
- Iris vs Watchoguy.

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:05 AM
Lol Luke is acting as a reported, expected, cool stuff and Belle is messing with his stuff, haha Zorua transformed into Belle.

Wtf she tried to catch it without even asking if someone owned it, haha she has no consideration for people in what comes to cute stuff, she was asking Zorua if she wanted to be her new trainer.

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:06 AM
Lol Luke is acting as a reported, expected, cool stuff and Belle is messing with his stuff, haha Zorua transformed into Belle.

Wtf she tried to catch it without even asking if someone owned it.

It's Bianca. Are you really that surprised?

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:06 AM
It's Bianca. Are you really that surprised?

Nah, it was funny though and very incosiderate of her.

Grassmen
7th July 2011, 11:07 AM
What was that form about? Are you only allowed to use three pokemon in the tournament?

Pepsi_Plunge
What was that form about? Are you only allowed to use three pokemon in the tournament?

Dunno, it had 3 pokeballs and 3 spaces, weird.

That could make my retarded theory that you can only use one pokemons in reach round true.

Hum no Garbodor seems like Langley was just insulting Iris.

playerking
Kenyan Showed up with a Zebstrika and Burgundy was all, it's tasting time. :D

Langley's here and she held her nose, not because of a Garbodor.

Lol, Zorua into Langley.

Locormus
7th July 2011, 11:08 AM
Tell us more! :P

Darn, no Garbodor!
Only 3 pokemon in the entire tournament seems like a bad decision on the writers part.. Palpitoad, Snivy and?
Team Rocket vs. Plasma being shoehorned in here somewhere post tournament? Awesome sauce!
Talk about Giovanni? Even better!

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:08 AM
I smell a caaaaaaaaaaaaat fight.

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:09 AM
HAHAHA Iris and Zorua are trolling Langley good sutff, I'm loving the interactions.

Shooti!!!!!

Haha Satoshi says hi he doesn't give a ****.

Mini-Lance as a rapist face, I hope people stop calling him mini lance.

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:09 AM
It's the Green Power Ranger himself, Trip.

Wow, look at all those unimportant characters.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:10 AM
And now it's Trip's appearance, Ash's face was priceless.

Luke is filming the opening ceremony, some random announcer.

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:10 AM
Haha the feathers seem to be the prize indeed.

16 people it seems.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:11 AM
Yep, 16 contestants.

Langley vs. Joltik kid first.

The feathers look like they ARE the prize.

I was right about purple vest vs. Scolipede kid.

Mini lance vs. COTD.

Trip vs. Cilan.

Luke vs. Random luke films the random guy.

Watchog guy vs. Iris.

Locormus
7th July 2011, 11:11 AM
So what exactly are the prizes?
Ninja'd../

Gooo Langley! :P
I bet it's over already though -.-'

I knew it! Trip vs. Cilan isn't a round two matchup!

Langley vs. Joltik
Purple Vest Tranquill vs. Scolipede
Minilance vs. CotD
Trip vs. Cilan

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:12 AM
The EV feather, Belle is saying Kenyan badly too it seems lol.

Iris vs Mirohogu creep, she is scared hahahahaha

lolipiece
Bye Bianca. Bye Cilan. Bye Burgundy. Bye...Luke?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. Watchog guy scares me...

Grassmen
This is awesome! Iris VS. Watchog Trainer. Iris is creeped out :p

Dreamcoat
7th July 2011, 11:13 AM
Lol, Cilan against Trip? Guess he won't survive in the tournament for long then...

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:13 AM
Bye Bianca. Bye Cilan. Bye Burgundy. Bye...Luke?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. Watchog guy scares me...

Dunno the guy fightning Luke seems like a random person, unles like is awfull I see him going to the next round.

Till now the tournament is being awesome already because of the interactions.

I don't care if its 1on1 at all at this point XD.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:14 AM
Watchog guy did the Zorua paw thing from the Zoroark movie, he's starting to look weird, wait what am I saying? He's dressing as a Watchog, he's already weird.

RandomOne
It's really sux that Bianca leaves on the first round :(

lolipiece
That guy sucks at singing the Ieru Kana..

That Watchhog guy is going to be a meme, I just know it.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:15 AM
More Lanlgey and Iris bickering, this is awesome.

Lol, big Polar bear vs. small tick/spider, this is unfair.

Locormus
7th July 2011, 11:16 AM
Sooo:
Langley is through
Minilance is through
Purple Vest is through
Trip is through
Iris is through
Luke is through
Ash is through
Kenyan is through..

Pepsi_Plunge
Lol...Beartic beat Joltik by mistake.

Rapist Lance wins.

Tranquill belongs to a random dude, one shotted Scolipede.

lolipiece
What? She won by luck, how boring.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:17 AM
Mini lance is through, yes, I wanted this.

Purple vest kid has Tranquill and he wins.

Palpitoad is coming, heck yeah!

Grassmen
7th July 2011, 11:17 AM
After all that, the Tranquill is a COTD's!

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:18 AM
Time for the Palpitoad!!!

Pepsi_Plunge
What? She won by luck, how boring.

Comedy relief I think the matchup was made like that int he first place because of that.

Cabernet vs SAtoshi now.

Locormus
After all that, the Tranquill is a COTD's!

Didn't we know this already for a fact? It wasn't Ash' because of the VA, and it wasn't Trip's as he was shown using Gurdurr..

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Everyone is suprised Satoshi uses Gamagaru, why Oo?

Satoshi seems to be encouraging it and it looks confident.

This thing is so cute

Haha she shocked him and Palpitoad is liek I dont feel anything.

s2daam
7th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Finally! Palpitoad is getting some use!

Locormus
7th July 2011, 11:20 AM
Everyone is suprised Satoshi uses Gamagaru, why Oo?

First time usage I guess.. Also because it is in such a large scale tournament. It's a bit risky

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:21 AM
Palpitoad is getting Ice fang'd, Trip ain't pleased and Kenyan is worried.

Stop laughing Burgundy, you're going to lose. Yep, Supersonic stopped it.

Grassmen
7th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Didn't we know this already for a fact? It wasn't Ash' because of the VA, and it wasn't Trip's as he was shown using Gurdurr..
Oh was it? I hadn't really been following this much since the trailer last week :p

Pepsi_Plunge
**** yeah Palpitoad sent Soutland flying out of the ring with Hydro Pump.

It seems very friendly to Satoshi after the win.

s2daam
Palpitoad will obviously be the backbone of Ash's team. I mean.. it beat Stoutland on it's first battle with Ash. I'm almost certain Oshawott won't be evolving anytime soon if at all.. why have two water type powerhouses? I'm glad it's turned out this way!

Locormus
Palpitoad is getting Ice fang'd, Trip ain't pleased and Kenyan is worried.

Stop laughing Burgundy, you're going to lose. Yep, Supersonic stopped it.

Trip ain't pleased with what? Is he still PO'd that he didn't catch a toad?

lolipiece
7th July 2011, 11:23 AM
MustnotcommentaboutBianca'sbehindbeingintheair...

playerking
Ash won and Bianca is looking for Zorua and Langley seems to know.

Zorua is Langley again.

Next up is Cilan vs. Trip.

Pepsi_Plunge
First time usage I guess.. Also because it is in such a large scale tournament. It's a bit risky

But besides Iris and Dent, none knows that its a firt time use.

The episode ends, I was expecting it to work like this, the second round won't be concluded in the next episode either for sure, I am expecting only the last round to have an episode focused on it.

Pretty awesome episode, lots of interactions made my day and the battles were either funny(Beartic vs Joltik) or nice(Stouland vs Palpitoad).

Dreamcoat
Ahaha, Bianca was oh so confident that she was going to win, right up till Palpitoad made sure to change her mind about THAT :D

RandomOne
7th July 2011, 11:24 AM
Ash wins, episode is over when Trip Vs Cilan begins. COOL EP :D

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:25 AM
Trip ain't pleased with what? Is he still PO'd that he didn't catch a toad?

I don't know, he had that, "Pathetic" sort of face. It's Trip, what do you expect.

We left on a cliffhanger, Trip vs. Cilan. I'm sure Trip will win.

Ahaha, Bianca was oh so confident that she was going to win, right up till Palpitoad made sure to change her mind about THAT :D

Bianca? You mean Burgundy?

Locormus
7th July 2011, 11:26 AM

Huh you mean Burgundy? Right?

@Grassmen, whoops, well then that would make sense, but yeah, it was kinda spoiled in the spoilers thread, aside from a few persons believing that there would be a round prior to the one we're seeing now and that Ash would use Tranquill for a quick battle in which it wouldn't make any sound.. Just hoping that Tranquill would get used or something..

1rkhachatryan
7th July 2011, 11:27 AM
Did Bells lose in this ep??

shac
7th July 2011, 11:30 AM

She has not battled yet.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:30 AM

No, she battles in the next episode. It's still the first round, but yeah, she loses.

santijuste
7th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Team Rocket, stop trying to act like you're still important.

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/imagen/previo/thump_6498190meme-mirada-fija.png
TEAM ROCKET IS INTERESTING

Janovy
7th July 2011, 11:36 AM
Did anyone happen to make a screencap of the actual city? :/

Bisharp
7th July 2011, 11:37 AM
I turned KeyHole when the episode was near the end (Ash vs Burgundy). Can anyone tell me if Team Rocket appeared in this episode?

santijuste
7th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Yes they are in nimbasa CITY

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 11:47 AM

Team Rocket, seems to be in the city, the group is in Raimon Town just like Luke told them.

playerking
7th July 2011, 11:52 AM

It's Nimbasa Town here. But they are near it, or Nimbassa town is some place in the city.

Anyway, good first battles. Nice to see Palpitoad beat Stoutland like that.

JennaJayfeather
7th July 2011, 12:30 PM
My only complaint about this episode (which I'm only watching about 3 seconds of screenshots atm) is...WHAT THE HECK BIANCA. DON'T RUN INTO ASH AND KNOCK HIM IN THE FOUNTAIN. RUN INTO DENTO!!!! ;_; but i was right that every time she'd meet Ash she'd knock him into water....now I'm for certain the knocking Dento into the water was merely for fanservice and not lolz. See how people were complaining about his FAAABULOUS attitude being too much. The writers don't tone down his attitude ;_; they tone down his BODY!!!

Ok my rant is over :D (welll I might edit it if I have another)

EDIT: OMG BIANCA I LOVE YOU!!! YUSH. STARE IN THAT CAMERA.

EDIT: IONsghareoghtursehgouhrgareuhgrsefjeajfI WATCHOG GUY BEAT HER BEAT HER BEAT HER XDDDDD I LOVE IRIS'S EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EDIT: D= 'NOTHER RANT:

IT WAS TOO SHORT!!!!! ;_;

bianca...what were you doing on the floor?

Kustem
7th July 2011, 12:56 PM
when ash sends palpitoad everybody was like, wtf is that!!

Maxim
7th July 2011, 1:02 PM
Feathers in the anime! Awesome!

Any explanation on what "Raimon Town" is? It looks much like Nimbasa City to me (it has Ferris Wheel and all that stuff), so maybe it's the nickname for the Nimbasa suburbs? Or did Nimbasa really get degraded in the anime?

Were Watchog guy's and Lance-wannabe's names revealed?

Janovy
7th July 2011, 1:05 PM
Feathers in the anime! Awesome!

Any explanation on what "Raimon Town" is? It looks much like Nimbasa City to me (it has Ferris Wheel and all that stuff), so maybe it's the nickname for the Nimbasa suburbs? Or did Nimbasa really get degraded in the anime?

Were Watchog guy's and Lance-wannabe's names revealed?
Nope, they're in town.

The real city looks gorgeous with an actual Ferris Wheel. :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
7th July 2011, 1:05 PM
Anyone know who Team Rocket was talking to and what they were saying?

JennaJayfeather
7th July 2011, 1:08 PM
Was anyone else hoping Zebstrika would kick Cabernet in the face? Eh she wasn't too bad in this epi, she wasn't after his blood *phew* so I have a different view on Cabernet now.

Janovy
7th July 2011, 1:11 PM
Anyone know who Team Rocket was talking to and what they were saying?
According to our reliable sunyshore:

"Team rocket was talking about harnessing the kind of energy that can power such a large ferris wheel."

jscholfield
7th July 2011, 1:51 PM
I love palpitoad

Raichu:)
7th July 2011, 2:16 PM
I love palpitoad

i agree. after this ep. i see him as cute and fantabulous

this seems like a hilarious and action packed ep, that includes a slight bit of mystery with tr's next mission.

Can't wait for the rest of arc :)

shame bout no evolution for swadloon, but good for pikachu. he hasnt battled alot recently n he still is amazing tho, even if ash has a shed full of other pokemon. hes using his best buddy for this tornament, bro's before hoe's n all that ;)

Poke Master 7
7th July 2011, 3:40 PM
According to our reliable sunyshore:

"Team rocket was talking about harnessing the kind of energy that can power such a large ferris wheel."

So I take it that they've never heard of electricity then.

gliscor&yanmega
7th July 2011, 3:42 PM
And so it begins. Got to prepare for these up coming episodes, almost passed out from the sheer awesomeness from this episode alone.

Team Rocket starts off the episode...times like this I hate when Pokemon doesn't get sub instantly like Naruto, I have no idea what was being said but the way it was all portrayed, something is going to happen(I get the feeling the writers are going to show the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes, Team Rocket since last episode started wearing their coats again, and this episode made them seem threatening, regardless, something is going to happen and I can't wait).

Ash, Iris, and Cilan are here...where's Luke, don't tell me they ditched him...how rude. Oh wait he's there, I guess carrying a video camera and a Zoura adds to a lot of pounds, he can probably lift a Groudon with one finger he's just that strong.

Bianca comes running into Ash...I guess no one every taught her how to stop running, oh well it gives us a nice running gag.

Waiting for Bianca and Luke interaction...waiting...damn opening if you're not going to change any time soon get out of the way...waiting...oh look Luke is filming himself wonder what he's saying-FINALLY!!! Bianca pops up and has an interaction with Luke and Zorua. Looks like Zorua will provide a running gag of changing into people and causing trouble, I like this. Bianca trying to catch Zorua was fun to watch.

Time to sign up, oh look it's Don George...no idea what he's saying. Well that sign up sheet looks interesting, looks like only three Pokemon are aloud in this thing(Note the three Pokeballs). I'll assume the top boxes at the top is far your first and last name. I sure hope Ash just told Pikachu he's not using it, I have no problems with it but I want to see other Pokemon for a change.

Oh look a foot...I wonder who that is. Oh it's Burgundy, and here I thought it was Ash's long lost sister, then again...you never know :P. Writers flash-backing a lot in this episode, got to make sure people remember this characters, I remember them fine though. Burgundy says some stuff that I have no idea what was said. What the...where did that Zebstrika come from, oh it's Kenyan's, I would have never guessed(Despite the fact I saw him with it in the preview). Oh more flashbacks.

Kenyan holds up his sign up sheet, and casually makes sure the camera doesn't catch anything more then his name(Well I think that's his name...looks like he misspelled his name or something, I see a smug or something, poor guy can't even spell his own name, probably because everyone calls him by the wrong name or something), if only Pikachu would move we'd see who he has signed up(And maybe his last name as well).

Oh look it's Langley(Damn Kenyan, he didn't interact with Luke or Bianca, maybe later), I'm guessing she hasn't bathed in a while or something, I mean why else would she be plugging her nose...oh she's insulting Iris, well that's not nice at less it adds to the rivalry. Zorua being Zorua, Langley isn't pleased though(I don't know why, I thought it was funny), not a Luke and Langley interaction but it's better then nothing. Langley and Iris just learned Lightening Eye, they cancel each other out. Cilan, Ash, and Kenyan look disturbed, yet Burgundy looks like she's excited to see this(Only a matter of time before she and Langley fuse together and defeat Iris and Cilan and then take over the world).

Ash notices Trip. Trip's taking pictures. Ash obviously trying to get Trip's attention, wants to be in one of Trips pictures so Trip will always remember him...Trip doesn't seem interest in Ash though. Ash makes a weird face(Just wait till the end of the league, then Trip will love you Ash, just like Gary and Paul do, not that it matters...you never call them, learn to love one person Ash).

Don George and some guy introduce the tournament. You get super wings if you win, looks like they are more for show over actual use of them, they look nice so it's not that bad. They announce the match ups. Bunch of interactions between characters.

Langley vs Joltik kid-Iris and Langley go at it again...Joltik kid looks confused or whatever. Beartic vs Joltik, Beartic tries to attack but misses since Joltik is so fast. Joltik gets on it's back and does Thunderbolt(Or some Electric attack), it's enough for Beartic to fall on it's back...wait what?! Um...Joltik is unable to battle. Poor thing lost because of it's own attack doing. I know Joltik is small but the size between these two is ridiculous...I need to see a Wailord and this Joltik side by side. Langley wins, hardly shocking.

Some guy vs Lance look-a-like-Some guy has the Patrat, I don't think Watchog guy will like this one bit. Lance's long lost brother wins, I'm not surprised, he was the more interesting looking between the two. I can't help but laugh at how he uses a Deerling, I wonder if he has a whole team of small cute Animals.

Handsome guy vs Some kid(Pretty sure they all have names but if they aren't ever going to show up again why bother)-So Handsome guy has the Tranquill...lol. Some kid has a Scolipede. Handsome guy wins, again I'm not surprised.

Burgundy vs Ash-Well gee, I wonder who'll win this. Burgundy looks like she just wants to battle Cilan or something, poor Ash. Burgundy uses Stoutland, and Ash uses Palpitoad. Bunch of stuff is said before the fight, I have no idea what, sounded like Cilan and Iris were telling Ash to use Pikachu or something, sure glad he didn't. Palpitoad looks cool. Ash wins.

Trip vs Cilan-Looks like the first round isn't finished with in the first episode. Episode ends with these two getting ready to battle. They look pleased to have the other as their opponent. I can understand why Trip feels this way, it is Cilan he's battling after all.

Kenyan vs Bianca-Oh look they interacted. *Checks it off the list*.

Luke vs Some guy with noticeable clothing-Luke is video tapping him, the other guy looks nervous.

Last match...Watchog guy vs Iris-Iris looking around to see where he is, she sees him...he winks at her...she's scarred for life and so is everyone else. Seriously, aside from wearing Watchog fur(He better run when PETA gets to him), he's winking at 10 year old girls, call the cops!!!

Loved the episode. I'm sure these Don Battle episode will be some of my favorite episodes. Too bad we have two breaks during these.

UnovaMaster
7th July 2011, 4:03 PM
I loved this episode, and I know I'm going to love the tournament. All the interactions were excellent and and full of humor. The battles were amazing as well, especially Ash's with Burgundy. Palpitoad is pure awesomeness.

JennaJayfeather
7th July 2011, 4:03 PM
Last match...Watchog guy vs Iris-Iris looking around to see where he is, she sees him...he winks at her...she's scarred for life and so is everyone else. Seriously, aside from wearing Watchog fur(He better run when PETA gets to him), he's winking at 10 year old girls, call the cops!!!

I KNEW IT. I always KNEW this guy was some creeper with no life. I also knew his favorite color was purple ;) oh yeah. I know this stuff because I can see the future (not because I stalk Watchog Guy on my free time)

@MiGo
7th July 2011, 4:39 PM
Yay! I really liked this episode, even though i didnt exactly know what they were saying :)
I love it when they have these battle tournaments! This one really reminds me of the sinnoh tag team tourney they had back in diamond and pearl.

Grei
7th July 2011, 5:52 PM
So... three Pokemon per contestant, eh? And we know Ash is using Snivy and Palpitoad. I wonder who his third is. I hope it's not Pikachu.

Wait, so if there are four rounds to this thing... I wonder how that leaves the final round. Contestants can use any of their Pokemon? Contestants use all three of their registered Pokemon?

So far, the ones who are advancing to Round 2 are:
Lance-guy
Tranquill guy
Langley
Ash
Kenyan
Iris (poor creeper Watchoguy)
Trip
Luke/random kid (I assume it'll be Luke)

Interesting.

BlueDragonfangirl
7th July 2011, 6:08 PM
Man this episode was just awesome! The interactions between the characters and the way Ash did things, glad he didn't listen to what any one had to say he got her any ways, in an epic way! Again, I really hope Ash wins this thing, it'd show how much better he's gotten since the start and show Trip a thing or two.

Eternal Darkness
7th July 2011, 6:25 PM
Palpitoad looked awesome! I hope he's in the Gym Battle! I hate how it seemed to lose it's personality though. The Beartic VS Joltik fight, if it wasn't for lolz, I don't know what it was for then. I hope Langley gets what's coming to her, even though we all know she will the next episode.

G50
7th July 2011, 6:30 PM
This episode was cool. It was cool to see what the Ferris Wheel looks like in the Anime, at night it looks so cool! It was great to see Muurando and Zeburaika for the 1st time. Both of them look so much better in the Anime. This episode was so funny I couldn't stop laughing! It was cool to see the "Bianca running into Ash, sending him flying in the air into water" gag, never gets old. Ash's pout face after what Trip said was hands down the funniest face I have ever seen! Iris' reaction to seeing the Miruhog man was hilarious. Zorua's pranks on Langley were very funny. It was funny when Zorua turned into Langley, and then Iris was mocking her by pretending to speak for her. Tsunbeaa vs Bachuru was an unusual battle... It was sad to see Bachuru get crushed underneath Tsunbeaa for the knockout. It was funny when Langley kept yelling towards Iris, and everybody's reactions to it. My favorite by a mile Water-Type Pokemon of Ash's group Gamagaru facing off against Muurando was the best battle of the season! To me anyway :D. It was great to see Gamagaru do very well and win! It's great to see rivals facing other and not their usual rivals.

98/100

Grei
7th July 2011, 6:44 PM
So it seems Ash is using Pikachu as his third Pokemon.

Pokemon choices aside, I love this episode. I loved the interaction between everyone, it was really neat.

Shneak
7th July 2011, 7:35 PM
Great episode. Good battles, and I also liked the character interactions. I think this is a great group of rivals, probably the best in the series. My only complaint is that Ash vs Burgundy was too short. More Langley wouldn't hurt either...

Best moment was Iris' reaction to the furry winking at her. I laughed pretty hard.

The Eleventh
7th July 2011, 8:06 PM
So it seems Ash is using Pikachu as his third Pokemon.

Do we know this for certain, or is it just based on the fact that Pikachu appears in most important scenarios?

Pepsi_Plunge
7th July 2011, 8:08 PM
Do we know this for certain, or is it just based on the fact that Pikachu appears in most important scenarios?

Pikachu asked him to input him in the tournament, Satoshi even called him taishou of the team if I heard well aka captain.

Almighty Zard
7th July 2011, 8:12 PM
I guess Cabernet must be staying to watch how things play out, otherwise they wouldn't have included her in the end shot despite the fact she's out.

As for the others people.

Considering we all knew Langley was going to advance, I felt bad for her opponent, not only getting ignored by the rivalry between her and Iris, but then Iris started yelling at the poor guy too, also gotta feel for his Joltik since I think this is the first time in the anime...well other than Snorlax episodes...where a pokemon's size did matter.

That guy who own's the deerling seems abit suspicious to me, i'm not saying he's Tepig's trainer, but what if he was the guy responsible for Tepig being released, the way his Deerling dispatched his opponent so quickly makes me wonder.

Another person with a Tranquil, and this one knows Sky Attack? Writers do us a favor and get rid of Ash and Trip's Tranquils if your not going to focus on them, seriously there is no excuse for that, people talk about trolling, and I saw that as a huge troll move.

I'm kind of suprised how the battle with Stoutland turned out, it wasn't exactly cheap nor was it bad, though I gotta say having a mud ball getting thrown into your mouth has gotta hurt something major, I really hope Palpitoad has more than three moves. I for one am not disapointed in the way it acted, I didn't want it going awol and costing Ash the match, and I still believe that it's personality will come back once it locks eyes with Oshawott but we'll have to see if it holds a grudge against the pokemon who caused it to get caught, either way i thought it interacting with Ash was kinda cute, despite the pokemon's appearance.

Kinda suprised Trip made no comment on it though, you'd figured he would've been like. "He stole my prey." or something, kinda want to know what he and Dent said to each other as well.

Very nice opening, hopefully Ash didn't put Pikachu down as his third pokemon or i'm gonna hope that when the final round comes others can be used too, otherwise we ain't gonna see much out of this thing other than Palpitoad debuting and beating up a pokemon ash had trouble with before, funny how he's beaten Lillipup's evo's but not the base form.

Zorua is an awsome pokemon, I just hope that it doesn't end up with Iris from what some people have been saying...

Pikachu asked him to input him in the tournament, Satoshi even called him taishou of the team if I heard well aka captain.

just because he said that doesn't mean Pikachu will be used for certain, after all Pikachu's always the team captain even outside of things like this, it is Ash's first pokemon.

Dax
7th July 2011, 8:15 PM
Every single interaction was excellent but my favorite one was Iris' and Langley's. They are just nasty to each other. It's funny to see Iris act just as immature as Langley.

You just gotta love Joltik vs. Beartic. It was like a dog scratching himself because of a flea. I thought it was funny how it was defeated especially because of Beartic's expression.

Tranquill battle! I wish Ash's Tranquill was like that Tranquill, you know, used in battle. Does anyone know what attacked it used? Also that Tranquill looked different from Ash's. Could it be the gender difference?

I understand why Iris and Cilan are shocked by Ash using Palpitoad, but why Luke, Bianca, Langley and the others? Is a trainer using a pokemon in battle for the first time shocking? Is it because they were shocked by Palpitoad's uglyness? I don't get it... it's not any different than Burgundy revealing she has a Stoutland. Nobody made a fuss about that.

Palpitoad won me over. I love that armless creature! It was a great way to debut his/her battle skills under Ash. Can't wait to see more from this toad.

Overall amazing episode. My only complain is Pikachu. I don't care if it's one of Ash's strongest. The excuse that Pikachu needs to battle is nonsense. Why? Because it already did. It was in two gyms already starring in the last one. It needed to sit this one out for someone like Roggenrola, Swadloon or Tranquill.

Almighty Zard
7th July 2011, 8:21 PM
Tranquill battle! I wish Ash's Tranquill was like that Tranquill, you know, used in battle. Does anyone know what attacked it used?

I believe it was Sky Attack...further making Ash's seem more useless and Trip's slowly getting to that point.

_Taidow_
7th July 2011, 8:44 PM
Alright... so much happened here. I loved all the interactions and all the faces made in this episode. As strange as this sounds, I liked Palpitoad's expressions as well even though its such an ugly pokemon. Poor Stoutland and Joltik. One was squished and one ate mud.

Also I don't think its just three pokemon for the whole tourney cause there are 4 rounds...

magicallypuzzled
7th July 2011, 8:58 PM
the way i see it, it'll be one pokemon each for the first three rounds a different pokmon each time (palpitoad round 1 snivy round 2 pikachu round 3) and yeah people saying it isn't confirmed that pikachu is the third pokemon are in denial. if the point of pikachu always being the team captain had any merit there'd be no point to ash calling him that now would there? with the final round being all three pokemon either in a standard 3v3 or in a triple/rotaional battle.

Miar
7th July 2011, 9:26 PM
Yay, Palpitoad and Stoutland.

And Yoshihiko = already my favorite COTD (er, 2 Days)

Lots of emotions from the characters too, especially regarding the rivalries that will never be settled. And the tournament's gearing up into something special (it better be if it's a 4-part with a one week break in the middle of it)

Easy 10/10

gliscor&yanmega
7th July 2011, 9:45 PM
Alright... so much happened here. I loved all the interactions and all the faces made in this episode. As strange as this sounds, I liked Palpitoad's expressions as well even though its such an ugly pokemon. Poor Stoutland and Joltik. One was squished and one ate mud.

Also I don't think its just three pokemon for the whole tourney cause there are 4 rounds...

Well there were only three Pokeballs on the sign up sheet, which most likely is where you write what Pokemon you're using. Plus Iris and Cilan have only three Pokemon(Luke may only have three as well, the others may have more then three though), so why would they enter or even be allowed to enter if they wouldn't even be able to meet the standards of the tournament?

I think most people think that the final round will be using all three of the Pokemon you used, either a regular 3 vs 3 or a triple/rotation battle.

(it better be if it's a 4-part with a one week break in the middle of it)

Actually, I think there are two week breaks(But it's two two weeks of waiting when you count the normal one week wait for the next episode). Next week is no episode, and same for the 28th of July. So the schedule looks like this:

July 7th-First episode

July 14th-No episode due to Pokemon showing the re-run of the last movie

July 21-Second episode

July 28-No episode due to Naruto having two episodes this day

August 4th-Third episode(Maybe final episode if Pokemon has a one hour special, although it's probably not likely)

August 11th-Final episode

So that's two weeks of no episodes(Both of which come to two weeks of waiting each).

gohan5
7th July 2011, 9:47 PM

I don't know about that, but when Pikachu asked to be in the tournament Ash sounded like he said of course he'd enter him. Also, when deciding which Pokemon to use against Burgundy Iris asks him if he'd be using Tepig, Snivy, or Pikachu. Ash walks over to Pikachu and tells him that the captain's turn hasn't come yet. Take all of this with a grain of salt because my Japanese may not be so well :p

I understand why Iris and Cilan are shocked by Ash using Palpitoad, but why Luke, Bianca, Langley and the others? Is a trainer using a pokemon in battle for the first time shocking? Is it because they were shocked by Palpitoad's uglyness? I don't get it... it's not any different than Burgundy revealing she has a Stoutland. Nobody made a fuss about that.

Maybe they were expecting Oshawott :D Palpitoad is an interesting Pokemon.

Akira Takamedo
7th July 2011, 10:55 PM
Wait, really? Nimbasa Town? A place that's a miniaturized version of and borders Nimbasa City?

Is it right to be confused?

Oh well, anyway, seeing Team Rocket act how they were in the buildup from the first several episodes of the series is getting me really excited.

_Taidow_
8th July 2011, 4:17 AM
I don't know about that, but when Pikachu asked to be in the tournament Ash sounded like he said of course he'd enter him. Also, when deciding which Pokemon to use against Burgundy Iris asks him if he'd be using Tepig, Snivy, or Pikachu. Ash walks over to Pikachu and tells him that the captain's turn hasn't come yet. Take all of this with a grain of salt because my Japanese may not be so well :p

Yeah from what i heard that was what they said... I even thing Don George and the hosting guy were surprised as well.

Juputoru
8th July 2011, 4:52 AM
-Today, our heroes...wait, it's TR. In Nimbasa City! Which looks pretty damned awesome, I must say. (the city, not TR. Although TR *is* back in their neat trenchcoats.)
-Okay, NOW we're with our heroes. Who are in Nimbasa Town. I'd question there being a Nimbasa City *and* a Nimbasa Town, but the place I grew up with also had a weird "there's technically a City of X and a Town of X even though there's no good reason for it" thing going on, so...
-Haha, Nimbasa Town has a cheap knockoff of Nimbasa City's ferris wheel.
-Pffft, the bobblehead twerp reaction to WAIT THIS IS NIMBASA *TOWN*?! is priceless.
-Ash gets over it pretty quickly once he hears the phrase "battle tournament." Oh, Ash.
-BIANCA INCOMING
-Bianca is always going to knock Ash into water, isn't she?
-...are they doing a montage of Bianca's previous crashes knocking Ash into water? ...aww, nope. It was just one flashback.
-Ash, you have got to stop stripping half-naked in the middle of city streets.
-Bianca runs off to sign up for the tournament, and Ash sneezes because the writers apparently needed to fill up an extra ten seconds of air time.
-Luke tries to film something, Bianca sticks her face in his camera, and...there are suddenly two Biancas on screen what is going on here-oh wait, Zorua.
-Bianca pulls an Iris and goes all EEEEEEE over the cute little fox before trying to catch it.
-After throwing a Pokeball fails, she tries (and fails) to convince Luke to just give it to her, then tries (and fails) to sweet-talk Zorua into joining her. It's like a metaphor for all those people who refused to believe that Ash wasn't getting a Zorua.
-Looks like people are stuck with the same 3 Pokemon for the whole tournament.
-CABERNET DETECTED. Complete with a flashback to her being terrible at Sommelier...ing.
-Dento actually looks kind of weirded out at Cabernet's singleminded revenge goal. (as opposed to last time he met her, where he was all "yeah sure become a good sommelier whatever")
-BONJOUR, NEW TASTING TIME SIE V'OUPLA-
-and then a Zebstrika walked in front of Cabernet.
-Oh hey, it's Kenyan! And Ash still can't pronounce his name correctly!
-AND THEN LANGLEY SHOWED UP. I'm pretty sure that having Langley and Cabernet within ten feet of each other will cause an explosion from the critical mass of jerk in the area.
-Oh god, Iris has the BEST faces.
-...Zorua stepped in to help Iris make fun of Langley. That is amazing.
-And then Ash notices that Trip's around, too(although he's not currently part of the group of people gawking at Iris & Langley's cat fight). He talks at him, and Trip...basically ignores him. Oh Ash, you really believe that Trip gives a **** about you.
-The tournament's opening ceremony starts, and...I spy a Lance rip-off among the contestants.
-Those dumb feathers that raise a single stat by 1EV are the prize? Lame.
-...there are random Pokemon in the crowd. I guess they like to watch battles too, but it still looks...off.
-OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE GIANT DON GEORGE STATUES. WHY ARE THOSE NOT THE PRIZE.
-Matchup 1: Langley vs a nameless nobody who is obviously going to lose!
-...ahahaha, Langley's calling Iris a kid now. Turnabout is hilarious play!
-then a bunch of nameless nobodies are matched up, until we get to...
-CABERNET VS ASH. Cabernet says something about a sparkling drink. Are all sommeliers required to pepper their speech with food/drink references to the point of senselessness?
-Then Cabernet mentions that her real target is Dento, who...is even more weirded out than he was before. You know you're a crazy when you're managing to disturb Dento without ruining any of his food.
-After that, the next matchup is revealed to be Trip vs Dento. Both of whom are boringly civil with each other.
-Bianca vs Kenyan is shown next. I guess that'll be interesting if only because Bianca is insane. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to hear the "haha people pronounce Kenyan's name wrong" ..."joke"...in this arc.
-Next is Luke vs some nameless nobody who is weirded out by having a camera stuck in his face. ...you know, it's almost too bad that we didn't get a CAMERA VS CAMERA BATTLE OF THE CENTURY in the form of Trip VS Luke. But oh well.
-Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Iris looks for him, and when she notices him...the music cuts out and he gives her a creepy smile which (obviously) creeps Iris the **** out. STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!
-Time for Round 1!
-Langley & Iris are officially the best rival/main character duo. They just hate each other so much that it's downright hilarious.
-Langley sends out her Beartic to fight Some Nobody's...Joltik. Aw, lookatit it's so TINY and CUTE andandand.
-As it turns out, really tiny things are also really hard to hit. And then they can jump on your back and shock you and nobody cares because LOOK AT THE JOLTIK IT IS SO CUTE.
-And then Beartic lands on its back, squishinig Joltik to dea-I mean, knocking it out. Langley wins without doing a damned thing!
-blah blah nameless nobodies fighting each other blah
-Now it's time for Cabernet VS Ash. The crazy (though somehow not as crazy as Langley) vs the...well, Ash.
-Dento helpfully reminds Ash of the Pokemon Cabernet has used before. Because those are clearly the only two Pokemon she'll ever have.
-Cabernet just can't stop talking about how she only cares about beating Dento. Jesus christ woman, why even sign up for a tournament if you only want to defeat the one dude?
-Cabernet sends out her "new vintage"(isn't that a giant contradiction?)...MUSTASCHE! I mean Muttstasche. I mean Stoutland.
-Why is Ash sending out Palpitoad so shocking to EVERYONE? I mean, I get Dento and Iris being shocked, but Luke, Trip, Langely, Bianca, AND Kenyan too?
-Cabernet gets off to a decent start by having Muttstasche...er, I mean, Stoutland use Take Down(?), but follows it up with...Thunder Fang. Dento takes the opportunity to look smug at Cabernet's ignorance of Palpitoad's type.
-But wait! She just used it so she could follow it up with Ice Fang! ...why not just use Ice Fang from the start, then?
-Palpitoad breaks free. ...and now Cabernet's ordering Fire Fang? The hell is wrong with you, woman?
-Ew, Mud Shot straight in the mouth.
-And then the world's greatest mustasche is KOed by a Hydro Pump.
-Back in the stands, Zorua is missing! Langley helpfully points Bianca towards where Zorua went, and then Langely comes up behind Langely and wonders what the hell Langely is doing pretending to be Langely.
-Next is Trip vs Dento! Don George points out that Dento is/was the Striaton Gym Leader(does nobody question why he just randomly left his gym?), which is a nice touch. But that battle has to wait until next episode! ...which isn't until two weeks from. GODDAMMIT.

Most of the great parts of this ep were in the "everyone meets everyone else" part, and I have no problem with that...for now. Hopefully the rest of the tournament arc eps manage to have good enough battles to make up for that. (not that there was anything wrong with today's battles, but they were obviously rushed a bit since 70% of the episode was used on character meetings+revealing all the of the first round battles)

_Taidow_
8th July 2011, 4:59 AM
I got to say Juputoru, I always laugh when I read your episode thoughts.

gohan5
8th July 2011, 5:02 AM
Yeah from what i heard that was what they said... I even thing Don George and the hosting guy were surprised as well.

Ok good that means that my Japanese is better than I thought. :p Hopefully, the time will pass quickly between now and the next episode.

Almighty Zard
8th July 2011, 6:12 AM
maybe now that Ash has beaten her, Burgandy will get off his back about his pokemon

Rizardon
8th July 2011, 2:30 PM
I'm surprised how friendly Gamagaru turned out to be with Ash.

I was seriously worried after seeing his mean personality in the catching episode that he'd be a problem Pokémon, but he came through. Here's to hoping he'll evolve in the near future.

DynoStretch
8th July 2011, 4:37 PM

Maybe they were surprised Ash actually owns Pokemon besides the region starters and basic bird. Everyone I know is surprised he's actually catching more then 5 Pokemon in this arc. FD

Next is Trip vs Dento!

*hands off hat and holds it to his chest*

Good bye Cilan, we hardly knew ye.

streetlightdsb
8th July 2011, 4:37 PM
- -Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Iris looks for him, and when she notices him...the music cuts out and he gives her a creepy smile which (obviously) creeps Iris the **** out. STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!

Most of the great parts of this ep were in the "everyone meets everyone else" part, and I have no problem with that...for now. Hopefully the rest of the tournament arc eps manage to have good enough battles to make up for that. (not that there was anything wrong with today's battles, but they were obviously rushed a bit since 70% of the episode was used on character meetings+revealing all the of the first round battles)

The Watchog Guy bit is my new favourite moment from this series now. I lol'd.

I'm sure the other battles will be fine. We've gotten the introductions and such out of the way now, so that leaves time for around 2 or 3 good battles each episode. Plus there was no need to see the random people battle for long anyway, and Ash got a decent battle so it's all good.

Overall, a good episode. Probably my favourite of the series so far.

JennaJayfeather
8th July 2011, 5:19 PM
*hands off hat and holds it to his chest*

Good bye Cilan, we hardly knew ye.

Ya sure about that? ;) Dento can beat that Trip, he's got the talent and skillz.

DynoStretch
8th July 2011, 5:53 PM
Ya sure about that? ;) Dento can beat that Trip, he's got the talent and skillz.

Yes, but Trip has the omnipotent serious-business rival powers that allow him to defy consistency and logic. :D

_Taidow_
8th July 2011, 5:53 PM
maybe now that Ash has beaten her, Burgandy will get off his back about his pokemon

Or decide that it was all pure luck and now declares to get revenge on Ash and enter the league.

Lance The Champ
8th July 2011, 6:23 PM
This is gonna be an exciting tourney.... since everyone's in it... My guess is it will be a close battle between Trip and Cilan... After all he is a gym leader

RickHoenn
8th July 2011, 8:57 PM
-Today, our heroes...wait, it's TR. In Nimbasa City! Which looks pretty damned awesome, I must say. (the city, not TR. Although TR *is* back in their neat trenchcoats.)
-Okay, NOW we're with our heroes. Who are in Nimbasa Town. I'd question there being a Nimbasa City *and* a Nimbasa Town, but the place I grew up with also had a weird "there's technically a City of X and a Town of X even though there's no good reason for it" thing going on, so...
-Haha, Nimbasa Town has a cheap knockoff of Nimbasa City's ferris wheel.
-Pffft, the bobblehead twerp reaction to WAIT THIS IS NIMBASA *TOWN*?! is priceless.
-Ash gets over it pretty quickly once he hears the phrase "battle tournament." Oh, Ash.
-BIANCA INCOMING
-Bianca is always going to knock Ash into water, isn't she?
-...are they doing a montage of Bianca's previous crashes knocking Ash into water? ...aww, nope. It was just one flashback.
-Ash, you have got to stop stripping half-naked in the middle of city streets.
-Bianca runs off to sign up for the tournament, and Ash sneezes because the writers apparently needed to fill up an extra ten seconds of air time.
-Luke tries to film something, Bianca sticks her face in his camera, and...there are suddenly two Biancas on screen what is going on here-oh wait, Zorua.
-Bianca pulls an Iris and goes all EEEEEEE over the cute little fox before trying to catch it.
-After throwing a Pokeball fails, she tries (and fails) to convince Luke to just give it to her, then tries (and fails) to sweet-talk Zorua into joining her. It's like a metaphor for all those people who refused to believe that Ash wasn't getting a Zorua.
-Looks like people are stuck with the same 3 Pokemon for the whole tournament.
-CABERNET DETECTED. Complete with a flashback to her being terrible at Sommelier...ing.
-Dento actually looks kind of weirded out at Cabernet's singleminded revenge goal. (as opposed to last time he met her, where he was all "yeah sure become a good sommelier whatever")
-BONJOUR, NEW TASTING TIME SIE V'OUPLA-
-and then a Zebstrika walked in front of Cabernet.
-Oh hey, it's Kenyan! And Ash still can't pronounce his name correctly!
-AND THEN LANGLEY SHOWED UP. I'm pretty sure that having Langley and Cabernet within ten feet of each other will cause an explosion from the critical mass of jerk in the area.
-Oh god, Iris has the BEST faces.
-...Zorua stepped in to help Iris make fun of Langley. That is amazing.
-And then Ash notices that Trip's around, too(although he's not currently part of the group of people gawking at Iris & Langley's cat fight). He talks at him, and Trip...basically ignores him. Oh Ash, you really believe that Trip gives a **** about you.
-The tournament's opening ceremony starts, and...I spy a Lance rip-off among the contestants.
-Those dumb feathers that raise a single stat by 1EV are the prize? Lame.
-...there are random Pokemon in the crowd. I guess they like to watch battles too, but it still looks...off.
-OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE GIANT DON GEORGE STATUES. WHY ARE THOSE NOT THE PRIZE.
-Matchup 1: Langley vs a nameless nobody who is obviously going to lose!
-...ahahaha, Langley's calling Iris a kid now. Turnabout is hilarious play!
-then a bunch of nameless nobodies are matched up, until we get to...
-CABERNET VS ASH. Cabernet says something about a sparkling drink. Are all sommeliers required to pepper their speech with food/drink references to the point of senselessness?
-Then Cabernet mentions that her real target is Dento, who...is even more weirded out than he was before. You know you're a crazy when you're managing to disturb Dento without ruining any of his food.
-After that, the next matchup is revealed to be Trip vs Dento. Both of whom are boringly civil with each other.
-Bianca vs Kenyan is shown next. I guess that'll be interesting if only because Bianca is insane. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to hear the "haha people pronounce Kenyan's name wrong" ..."joke"...in this arc.
-Next is Luke vs some nameless nobody who is weirded out by having a camera stuck in his face. ...you know, it's almost too bad that we didn't get a CAMERA VS CAMERA BATTLE OF THE CENTURY in the form of Trip VS Luke. But oh well.
-Last but not least is Iris versus some goddamned freak in a Watchhog suit.
-Time for Round 1!
-Langley & Iris are officially the best rival/main character duo. They just hate each other so much that it's downright hilarious.
-Langley sends out her Beartic to fight Some Nobody's...Joltik. Aw, lookatit it's so TINY and CUTE andandand.
-As it turns out, really tiny things are also really hard to hit. And then they can jump on your back and shock you and nobody cares because LOOK AT THE JOLTIK IT IS SO CUTE.
-And then Beartic lands on its back, squishinig Joltik to dea-I mean, knocking it out. Langley wins without doing a damned thing!
-blah blah nameless nobodies fighting each other blah
-Now it's time for Cabernet VS Ash. The crazy (though somehow not as crazy as Langley) vs the...well, Ash.
-Dento helpfully reminds Ash of the Pokemon Cabernet has used before. Because those are clearly the only two Pokemon she'll ever have.
-Cabernet just can't stop talking about how she only cares about beating Dento. Jesus christ woman, why even sign up for a tournament if you only want to defeat the one dude?
-Cabernet sends out her "new vintage"(isn't that a giant contradiction?)...MUSTASCHE! I mean Muttstasche. I mean Stoutland.
-Why is Ash sending out Palpitoad so shocking to EVERYONE? I mean, I get Dento and Iris being shocked, but Luke, Trip, Langely, Bianca, AND Kenyan too?
-Cabernet gets off to a decent start by having Muttstasche...er, I mean, Stoutland use Take Down(?), but follows it up with...Thunder Fang. Dento takes the opportunity to look smug at Cabernet's ignorance of Palpitoad's type.
-But wait! She just used it so she could follow it up with Ice Fang! ...why not just use Ice Fang from the start, then?
-Palpitoad breaks free. ...and now Cabernet's ordering Fire Fang? The hell is wrong with you, woman?
-Ew, Mud Shot straight in the mouth.
-And then the world's greatest mustasche is KOed by a Hydro Pump.
-Back in the stands, Zorua is missing! Langley helpfully points Bianca towards where Zorua went, and then Langely comes up behind Langely and wonders what the hell Langely is doing pretending to be Langely.
-Next is Trip vs Dento! Don George points out that Dento is/was the Striaton Gym Leader(does nobody question why he just randomly left his gym?), which is a nice touch. But that battle has to wait until next episode! ...which isn't until two weeks from. GODDAMMIT.

I love your reviews XD really entertaining haha

Remmie
8th July 2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/041/175.jpg

Did anyone notice that they were 2 Langley? When they show the participants, right after Trip, we can see the head of Langley yet she is to his right and there's one after him. Very strange.

_Taidow_
8th July 2011, 11:02 PM

Did anyone notice that they were 2 Langley? When they show the participants, right after Trip, we can see the head of Langley yet she is to his right and there's one after him. Very strange.

Its called Zorua.

EDIT: Did anyone understand what Don George and the announcer were discussing after Ash sent out Palpitoad?

ShinyCharyZard
9th July 2011, 12:06 AM

Zorua has the Illusion ability.. it transformed into Bianca earlier on in the episode too.

gohan5
9th July 2011, 3:09 AM
Its called Zorua.

EDIT: Did anyone understand what Don George and the announcer were discussing after Ash sent out Palpitoad?

The only thing I know for sure is that they pointed out that it should be a good battle since Burgundy's Stoutland was a Normal type and Ash's Palpitoad is a Water-Ground type.

JennaJayfeather
9th July 2011, 3:24 AM
Yes, but Trip has the omnipotent serious-business rival powers that allow him to defy consistency and logic. :D

I think Dento is a forced to be reckoned with u_u;;

Remmie
9th July 2011, 3:28 AM
Zorua has the Illusion ability.. it transformed into Bianca earlier on in the episode too.

Noticed my remark after I logged off. It was quite a dumb one, too. *sigh*

pokefan888
9th July 2011, 3:44 AM
It tornament time.
I am going to watch this episode until it get sub

Lorde
10th July 2011, 7:54 PM
This episode was weird. Seeing serious Team Rocket again left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I disliked how Zorua was riding on Luke's head; it reminded me a lot of how Pikachu rides on Ash's shoulder. I did like that the Nimbasa City Ferris wheel was kept in the anime though, and I appreciated Bianca's reappearance. The scenes where Ash and friends met up with characters like Burgundy and Langley were certainly entertaining, but the battles themselves were a bit bland; I would've loved to see Joltik being stepped on by Beartic, so I was sad that it didn't happen. Ash's battle with Burgundy was predictable, but I was glad that Flopitoad did something useful for once. So yeah, 6/10.

MetalFlygon08
11th July 2011, 8:20 AM
That poor Joltik, it will never fully recover, and shall allways be crippled for life.

Locormus
12th July 2011, 11:28 PM
This episode was weird. Seeing serious Team Rocket again left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I disliked how Zorua was riding on Luke's head; it reminded me a lot of how Pikachu rides on Ash's shoulder. I did like that the Nimbasa City Ferris wheel was kept in the anime though, and I appreciated Bianca's reappearance. The scenes where Ash and friends met up with characters like Burgundy and Langley were certainly entertaining, but the battles themselves were a bit bland; I would've loved to see Joltik being stepped on by Beartic, so I was sad that it didn't happen. Ash's battle with Burgundy was predictable, but I was glad that Flopitoad did something useful for once. So yeah, 6/10.

If it leads to a retcon of the TR/TP episodes I'll be happy though.

I found most of the battles to be OK. What can you expect when there's only one other person battling that we know and the others being cotd's and then an Ash a small rival battle. Joltik was pretty fun to see in battle, definitely something that had to be done, and seeing a Beartic in the animé to me is always a plus. Ash vs. Burgundy might be predictable, but I really like Stoutland and seeing Palpitoad do well in its first matchup is something that is to be applauded as the writers could've made it an annoying unlikable reserve.

Other then that I agree. Great character interactions in the beginning, and a nice start of the tournament, and a nice hint of what's in store in Nimbasa City with TR.

That's an 8 for me. Next episode will have more time for battles, so that will be better I'd assume.

That poor Joltik, it will never fully recover, and shall allways be crippled for life.

Nčh, Beartic's nice and furry.. Probably cushioned the fall a bit.

AkonFan2000
14th July 2011, 9:35 PM
I just really don't want Ash to win this tournament. Maybe someone like Iris or Bianca. Something fresh.

ĿŏŘď ή
15th July 2011, 12:38 PM
This episode was really cool
ash his pokemon was strong

Pepsi_Plunge
23rd July 2011, 11:55 PM
Subbed episode is finally out just watched it , it made the episode even better.

Some things, Don George does say the feathers are the prize and tell them that they increase the pokemons individual abilities, like Stamina(HP), Wisdom(SPatk), Muscle(atk) power, etc he also says in the rules that pokemons can't be switched out as its 1 on 1, then Satoshi starts to talk about what strategy he will use, to wich Iris says, "like you ever had one" haha.

Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter... I still like her but lets stop the comparisions with Jun, Jun respected his pokemons more and would never do that to Empoleon.

Kenyan was fun said he has trained since seeing Satoshi and wants to battle him in the tournament, I guess he is here to stay if there was any dobut and he will probably have more battles with him through the season, still don't know if he is going for the league, not that everyone in the anime has to have that objective and if a person doesn't it doesn't mean its weak anyway.

Iris vs Langley trashtalk was even better, they were always calling child to each other, at some point Langley even said, yeah I'm a child just like you(they are kids) lol, even during the battle they were calling kids each other and Iris was like how is it possible(to win like that) after Langley wins, haha.

Cabernet vs Satoshi, Cabernet says Dent is her target is Dent and asks if Satoshi changed his whole team since they sucked, Satoshi tells Pikachu he is the captain and his turn would be later since he wanted to try a new combo, Iris and Dent talk to him and Iris tells him to use Tsutarja or Tepig based on Cabernet previows pokemons, to which he answer once again that he has a new combo that he wants to try.

Palpitoad comes out and Cabernet asks if he changed his whole team then procedes to say that Palpitoad has a muddy taste and says he sucks like the rest of his pokemons, Satoshi says that no he didn't change his whole team, Palpitoad is his new friend and its his first battle and he wanted to give it and oportunity and try him out.

Anyway stuff happens, Satoshi wins, Dent says they make a great taste together and Satoshi compliments it and all, oh and Cabernet wasn't just doing Thunder Fang out of stupidity it was to bait Palpitoad into letting itself get bitten and then freeze it with Ice Fang.

The episode went from awesome to Supah awesome with the translations tks for the sub guys(if you are reading it, I know you don't like publicity :P)

Venomfang
24th July 2011, 12:34 AM
Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter...

What a nice trainer she is....

BurningSociety12345543210
24th July 2011, 2:48 AM
Belle came of as even more spoiled then I though, she really did offer Pignite for a trade with Zorua, like what the hell? its her starter... I still like her but lets stop the comparisions with Jun, Jun respected his pokemons more and would never do that to Empoleon.

Seriously? Pignite?? I agree that Bianca is nothing like Barry. Barry wasn't THAT hopeless......

Shiny_Wooper
24th July 2011, 3:44 AM
i personally think it is taking ash awhille to get to raimon city

Venomfang
24th July 2011, 4:30 AM

Really? What gave you that idea.

BurningSociety12345543210
25th July 2011, 1:49 AM

It isn't. (Besides, it's far away from Castelia City in the games) Why do you think it's taking him long?

gliscor&yanmega
25th July 2011, 4:54 PM

That was kind of annoying to hear. I never thought she'd be like that. I kind of hope it was just over excitement and she wasn't thinking and she would change her mind about it before it would happen. Or I'll just pretend it never happened...

It seems like Team Rocket do have a new plan from what was said. I guess we can expect something to happen in Nimbasa City.

Pepsi_Plunge
25th July 2011, 5:35 PM
That was kind of annoying to hear. I never thought she'd be like that. I kind of hope it was just over excitement and she wasn't thinking and she would change her mind about it before it would happen. Or I'll just pretend it never happened...

It seems like Team Rocket do have a new plan from what was said. I guess we can expect something to happen in Nimbasa City.

Well she kinda always looked like she was spoiled specially with the background of daddy not letting the girl go out earlier, so I was expecting stuff like this but not at this point, it indeed pissed me off...I kinda couldn't care less for her character right now, I probably will still have fun with other stupid stuff she does and laugh but that kinda really rubbed me the wrong way.

JennaJayfeather
25th July 2011, 5:42 PM
LOL! Bianca offered her starter for a trade? She is kind of spoiled...I remember on GTS I traded my female Venusaur that I loved for a shiny ;_; I still feel bad because I wasn't thinking. I'm not sure if she's spoiled though. She might just be "reckless" ^^;

Pepsi_Plunge
25th July 2011, 5:53 PM
Meh Poke Maniac I do the same but the anime is kinda of showing the characters act like we as humans towards our pets, I would trade my cat for another because the cat was cuter(I don't need it mine is ze cutests haha), I just hate people who abandon their pets, that is probably why I felt so pissed with this situation.

Lance The Champ
6th August 2011, 10:34 AM
Palpitoad was pretty awesome even though Ash had just caught it...

CupidKirby
12th August 2011, 6:00 AM
Just saw the episode. It was pretty nice getting to see all the recurring characters interact but of course I was expecting more battles. It was worth it, so making this a four-parter was a good move.

I have a feeling that this running gag with Bianca pushing Ash into a river will either end in this saga with a) Ash steps aside and Bianca falls in, b) He accidentally pushes Bianca in himself while rushing to a league match, or c) He finally snaps and pushes her in. Either of those three will make me happy.

Quite honestly I wanted to see Ash wipe the floor with Carbernet, but he's Ash, so yeah. Palpitoad almost pulling a Krabby on us was pretty nice but like what a lot of people said, I was hoping for more personality from it.

lolipiece
29th October 2011, 2:33 PM
So...Yoshihiko is Jimmy Ray.

Gyahahhaaha! That's so random!

Nekaku
29th October 2011, 2:36 PM
OMG! Best episode since a lean mean team rocket machine! Langley is amazing both her voice and design plus everyone returning was win! This mine arc is turning out better then the past league! Gotta love how the narrator corrected himself about Nimbasa Town. Gotta love how the writers handheld that mistake XD

Marbi Z
29th October 2011, 4:58 PM
Its nice to have a break from all those fillers... Pokemon battles are the only thing that hasn't been dumbed down.

SmartD
29th October 2011, 5:10 PM
This episode kicks the Nimbasa town battle tournament. Burgundy, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, and Trip show up again and participate in the tournament. The battle between Burgundy and Ash was neat, Palpitoad battled well. And the parts with Zorua were funny. Can't wait for the next episode.

Nekaku
29th October 2011, 5:24 PM
Was it just me or has anyone noticed James voice has not been like his old voice in the last few eps? Sounds like Zoppi has made it sound a bit different.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th October 2011, 5:51 PM
Its nice to have a break from all those fillers... Pokemon battles are the only thing that hasn't been dumbed down.

...But they have been dumbed down. They're so much simpler than they were in Sinnoh

~Upsidedown 403~
29th October 2011, 6:15 PM
I have to think to myself, didn't Barry crash into Ash whenever he's run into the group in DP? Seems like she's almost like a female Barry...

Anyways, this was a great episode...I watched it in Japanese the other day, and saw it today and I must say the script is very close to the original translation....

OnceUponATime
29th October 2011, 7:06 PM
I have to say, I really liked this episode. I had already seen it in Japanese, but the dub was really good!! I liked everybody together; rivals, recurring, etc.,. I also love how Burgundy thinks that she's gonna win against Ash. HA! It seems, to me, as if Burgundy can't win anything... I liked seeing Palpitoad battle. I liked all of this episode, really.

the1stpkmnfan
29th October 2011, 8:07 PM
This episode was fantastic! I love having the gang meet up with their rivals altogether and competing in the Nimbasa Town tournament. This episode really caught good moments between the characters.

Im looking forward to the rest of the battles, especially between Burgundy and Ash; their battle was a good one. Palpitoad finally got it's spotlight in a winning battle. :D

Toonyoungster
29th October 2011, 9:22 PM
Really good episode to kick off the battle tournament arc. I loved how Iris used Zorua to piss of Georgia, and Ash's face while saying "What a mouth" was hilarious! My only problem was they replaced the Best Wishes instrumental with their own, more anti-climatic music.

Valoo.
29th October 2011, 9:25 PM
And the parts with Zorua were funny.
Come back in three weeks when the arc is over, you'll be singing a whole different tune.

G4Pokefan
29th October 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm loving B/W every week!! I used to record the episodes of every season every week on tape for the past 10 years!!! But just like B/W I'm starting fresh and waiting for the seasons to come out on DVD in HD because recording on tape loses quality.

But back to the ep. It was great!

-It was a tight little reunion they had going on and its only been a season! Loved the interactions between them all. Can you image all of Ash's old gang reuniting in one arc? Misty, May, Dawn, Tracy, Brock? Not to mention old rivals, Gary, Barry and Paul? And interacting with the new cast? EPIC WIN!

- What I really liked was how the show showcased the other day player rivals' battles instead of just skipping them over for the main cast's battles like they did in Sinnoh. I hope this trend continues.

- ANd the picture at the end of the ep was sweet!!! I hope Serebii.net makes that into an avatar!

Nekaku
29th October 2011, 11:22 PM
Really good episode to kick off the battle tournament arc. I loved how Iris used Zorua to piss of Georgia, and Ash's face while saying "What a mouth" was hilarious! My only problem was they replaced the Best Wishes instrumental with their own, more anti-climatic music.

Really? I prefer the dub music over the BW Japaneseopening

Yeul
29th October 2011, 11:46 PM
Come back in three weeks when the arc is over, you'll be singing a whole different tune.

Zorua's tune's still stuck in my head. *shrugs*

What kind of a name is Freddy O'Martin? Are they acknowledging the sizable Irish fanbase or what?

Nekaku
30th October 2011, 12:02 AM
Zorua's tune's still stuck in my head. *shrugs*

What kind of a name is Freddy O'Martin? Are they acknowledging the sizable Irish fanbase or what?

Was he the guy in the Watchhog cosplay?

Shneak
30th October 2011, 2:36 AM
FFS. Why does nobody upload episodes that I'm so hyped for?

Azureth
30th October 2011, 3:40 AM
Aw. They skipped the desert?

I kind of wanted to see that.

It's also weird how they're acting like they haven't seen Bianca in a while when it was only two episodes ago. I know that episode was out of place, but still.

Oh, Burgundy's back (along with everyone else they met). Is she going to try licking Snivy again? :P

American--Pi
30th October 2011, 4:21 AM
- ANd the picture at the end of the ep was sweet!!! I hope Serebii.net makes that into an avatar!

I love all of those sketchy/hand-drawn/whatever epic pictures they put at the end of epic episodes. Personally I think the one at the end of this episode was brilliant, and really got me anticipated for Cilan VS Trip.

Anyways, UBER AWESOME episode. We get to see everyone again (Burgundy, Steffan, and Georgia, I seriously didn't expect you guys here! ;)). Ash VS Burgundy was a very nicely-written battle, and Palpitoad made its battling debut. I loved the music they played near the end of the match. :D

Beartic falling on Joltik and making him faint was pretty funny, lol. :)

vipsoccermaster
30th October 2011, 5:03 AM
Great episode. Nice to have the rivals showing up again. The battle between Burgundy and Ash was also great, too. With a type disadvantage Ash had, he prevailed. Can hardly wait for next week for the battle between Cilan and Trip.

CuriousHeartless
30th October 2011, 5:16 AM
I watched the subbed version of this episode montsh ago, and I was still excited about the battles. I loved how Georgia reacted to Zorua impersonating her. Zorua as a whole is entertaining. I really liked the match-ups and how they didn't use an overt amount of filler characters and were bringing back rivals from older episodes. I also found it cool that they didn't just do match-ups that led to everyone battling there rival right away, like if the first round was:
Ash Vs. Steffen (Because Trip is the main rival and would've never been against Ash first round), Iris Vs. Georgia, Burgundy Vs. Cilan, and then everyone else just thrown in whatever way the creators felt like, mostly getting skipped over.

Can't wait for Trip Vs. Cilan!

AuraChannelerChris
30th October 2011, 6:34 AM
Aw. They skipped the desert?

I kind of wanted to see that.

It's also weird how they're acting like they haven't seen Bianca in a while when it was only two episodes ago. I know that episode was out of place, but still.

I think you can do the math and see the actual "timeline" in your post. They never skipped the desert.

This episode was very well done with a lot of humor tossed in for good measure. I take it Iris fears Watchog-dressed people?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th October 2011, 7:31 AM
WHAT THE HELL!? When this episode first aired in Japan people said that TR were saying that their plan was to extract the energy from the Ferris Wheel for their next plan! They were just using it as an analogy!

Zoruagible
30th October 2011, 1:16 PM
I liked this episode, it was nice to see Stephan again. I liked Zorua transforming into Langley.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
30th October 2011, 1:27 PM
Good dub Really though out and explained well it made more since in english than the japanese version did plus I liked some of the name changes they made for the dub. But a lot of music was cut out what's up with that?

Yeul
30th October 2011, 2:05 PM
Was he the guy in the Watchhog cosplay?

No, he was the guy judging the thing alongside Don George.
Georgia's VA (Brittney Lee Hamilton) is undoubtably the best out of the voices they pulled out in Be- I mean, Black and White. It's amazing how deadpan she is compared to the original seiyuu, it's as if she's enjoying it.
On the other hand, does anyone else think that every male VA sounds really nasally? Cilan and Trip sound clear despite the latter sounding like a snobby pornstar, but Don George makes me uncontrollably giggle and all the CoTDs sound like grouchy smokers.

matt0044
30th October 2011, 3:52 PM
but Don George makes me uncontrollably giggle

Same here. He sounds like a wise old grandpa.

Also, Stephan's handwriting sucks.

jscholfield
30th October 2011, 4:34 PM
I liked that no battle's were skipped not even the COTD and I also hope some of the COTD return as league opponents

Shneak
30th October 2011, 5:58 PM
Okay, finally saw a dub. This is probably my favourite episode of season 14. I hate the writers for teasing us (Nimbasa Town.) The rival dynamic is awesome. Burgundy is becoming one of my favourite characters and I already love Georgia.

Drummerdude
30th October 2011, 7:52 PM
What a FANTASTIC episode!!! Georgia and Burgundy are great rivals and seeing Palpitoad finally being used was awesome! I hope the rest of the episodes in this arc are just as good.

Caseydia
30th October 2011, 10:13 PM
So sad to see Burgundy taken out so quickly. I would have loved to see her more. I also wish they made Georgia's character more calm and collected. Iris is starting to get on my nerves again. Sometimes I wish someone would stop her from being so uppidy all the time to everyone.

Orton155
30th October 2011, 11:28 PM
So we begin with the gang meeting Bianca with Luke in tow, but at first I thought I was having dejavou until they showed the flashback and I realised this was totally intended lol. After the sign up and the meets and greets from past characters the battle tournament begins in Nimbasa City! Sorry...Nimbasa Town.

After we saw all the match ups we had all the battles being played out but not as a montage (which I liked) and then the headliner of the episode begins Burgandy vs Ash using Palpitoad. I thought Palpitoad was great, battling with confidence and finesse and what an impressive hydro pump which inevitably ended in the win :D .

Next Cilan vs Trip.

WaterDragon trainer
31st October 2011, 3:30 AM
This episode was pretty good. Nice to see all the rivals in one place. However, I didn't care for Bianca's usual endangerment of Ash. It was alright the first time, but a second time was not funny and more annoying. I also found it slightly annoying that Stephan keeps saying that he doesn't care about the pronunciation of his name, but brings it up every time. I also found that Ash's battle against Burgundy was rather rushed.

Demonsead
31st October 2011, 9:17 AM
It's like Bianca does it on purpose now, and her just wanting to trade away her starter for Zoura like that got on my nerves. Other then that, the battle was fine.

silvershock95
3rd November 2011, 12:24 AM
This was in interesting episode, epecially since we got to see what Palpitoad was like in battle, and also the introduction of Burgundy's Stoutland. But yeah, I see where it was rushed.... maybe they could've saved Ash's battle until last? Zorua is quite funny imitating Georgia though!

The Great Butler
3rd November 2011, 5:49 AM
Bulbapedia's got the dub cast.

Luke: Billy Bob Thompson (was previously Burgh)
Sylvester & Scooter: Vic Mignogna
Dino, Emmanuel, Jimmy Ray & Freddy O'Martian: Tom Wayland
Antonio, Burgundy's Stoutland & Stephan's Zebstrika: Marc Thompson

randomspot555
6th November 2011, 8:31 PM
I saw this on Cartoon Network this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the dub.

I really liked Cabernet vs Ash (don't remember her dub name) and was really liking the instrumental for the new opening theme that was played.

AuraChannelerChris
6th November 2011, 8:39 PM
I saw this on Cartoon Network this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the dub.

I really liked Cabernet vs Ash (don't remember her dub name) and was really liking the instrumental for the new opening theme that was played.

I'll help you. Her English name is Burgundy.

gliscor&yanmega
7th November 2011, 7:27 PM
I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

The dub voices of the "filler" characters sounded nice to me for the most part from what I heard.

Zebstrika and Stoutland's dub voices were alright as well. I wasn't surprised at the pronunciation of Zebstrika's name, but Stoutland's I didn't expect.

I really enjoyed the episode.

Battra
10th November 2011, 5:28 AM
I like that the writers have introduced these mid season battles where we bring in the main & secondary characters to do battle, it's nice seeing the new Pokemon get used against Pokemon that don't belong to TR & the main cast.

Only thing I don't really like is the fodder character's getting some of the spotlight. Why do we need to give these people names & distinct styles when their only purpose is to move Ash & Company to the next round? Just show their battles and get it done with that way we have more on screen time that can be used to show off the Pokemon battles we care about.

Rebeccag
27th November 2011, 12:10 AM
Loved seeing Bianca and the rest of the rivals as well. Cant wait to see more of the tournament

Walcott
26th December 2011, 4:25 AM
I absolutely loved this episode. Even though it was introducing the competition and stuff, I love that it reminded me of the Double Battle thing in Hearthome during Sinnoh. I like this one a lot more though because there are so many more rivals and returning characters, it's awesome to get one big update on how everyone has been and what changes to their teams have happened.

I really like that Ash, Iris, and Cilan all have at least one big rival right now. I'd be happy if they all got more, I feel like if it were all real, people would have a decent amount of rivals. But yeah, anyway, I love the start of all of this. I hope another tournament arc happens sometime soon again. (Y)

OshyHikari
20th February 2012, 2:27 AM
I loved Georgia's dub voice, Brittney Lee Hamilton may be one of those random new VAs but she pulls off Georgia's voice well compared to Misato Fukuen (her Japanese seiyuu).

And then we have Vic Mignogna doing some more voice acting since Professor Icarus in the Elgyem episode.

The Joltik vs. Beartic battle was totally evident Georgia would win easily. Eileen Stevens did pretty good when voicing Joltik.

Also, Bianca's obsession towards Zorua was funny. Loved it.

wobbanut
14th August 2012, 5:25 AM
Great to see all the rivals trotted out for the Don tournament, from Trip to Burgundy. I liked the gag they started with Bianca in this episode of her trying to get zorua for herself, it's so cute. :) It's also funny to see Burgundy excited to see Cilan get crushed in the tournament. LOL

6/10

Flo
6th February 2013, 11:34 PM
Bianca in a rush is always an enjoyment.

J Ken
3rd July 2013, 1:04 AM
This episode was cool. Seeing Trip, Bianca, Burgundy, Stephan and Georgia together always makes me feel good. Though Trip is still the best of them.

PokemontrainerY
10th August 2013, 6:19 AM
In This episode, Ash and the other arrives at Nimbasa city Town for entering the battle club tournament. Bianca, like always runs into Ash and sent him into a fountain. It's odd when Ash was drying his cloths by putting fire on Open street!
After the signing up, Ash, Cilan and Iris the meets up with their rivals. Iris was annoying in this episode, even more annoying than Georgia. After the three battles of the first round, the fourth and most important battle of this episode begins .....
Ash is up against Burgundy, who sents out Stoutland and Ash sent out Palpitoad.
Palpitoad was good in the battle, I liked how it knocked Stoutland out by using Hydro Pump.
Burgundy totally got owned in this episode.