PDA

View Full Version : Crystal BT team

spuds4ever
8th July 2011, 9:27 AM
Hi, all. I've been struggling for a loooong time on the BT and this is what I've come up with. The pokemon here do not have all these moves yet necessarily but it's what I'm aiming for. It's all lv. 80

Lead:
Raikou @Focus band
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Crunch
Roar
(rain dance or maybe some filler move, I'm considering turning this into a rain team)

Raikou is fast and hits hard. Thunderbolt hits a lot and if something with EQ comes along, I'll either roar it if I think I can take the hit or I'll switch to Ho-oh.

Special Sweeper:
Ho-oh @leftovers
Fireblast
Fly
Recover
Thunder/thunderbolt

Ho-oh is my primary source of special damage. Fly is the hardest hitting flying move around other than sky attack. Fireblast destroys stuff. Thunder is for if rain is still going and recover is obviously to RECOVER :P.

Mixed sweeper:
Feraligatr @gold berry
EQ
Hydro pump
hyper beam
ice punch

I'm not going to deny that I love Feraligatr, easily my favourite of all the starters ever. He makes for a pretty good mixed sweeper. EQ is primary source of damage, hydro pump for some big STAB, ice punch eats Dragonite and Aerodactyl. Hyper beam is a filler move.

Other options include:
Snorlax (with some training)
Suicune
Entei
Dragonite

Thoughts?

Aquadon
8th July 2011, 5:22 PM
Gotta give some 2nd Generation Love here.

First thing's first; I would drop Hyper Beam like a stack of pancakes. I know it's just a filler right now, but that recharge turn could lose battles. Something more like Return would be good. It gives the amazing Normal/Water coverage not resisted by anything in 2nd Gen, and a solid Base 102 ATK coming off of Feraligatr's ATK is always good. Try to get Ice Beam over Ice Punch, but it's understandable if you can't.
For Raikou's Roar: I would only use Roar if you had some Spikes support from Forretress or Cloyster. That being said, both benefit from the Rain, so they're both viable options.
Also Ho-Oh's allowed in BT? I had no idea. Either way I wouldn't go for Fly personally, that 2 turn set up just seems like a bad choice. If you're thinking about the other options, I would definitely put it where Ho-Oh is.

spuds4ever
8th July 2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks. I gave the BT a couple of tries and I managed to get to the 6th trainer but then died. What do you suggest I replace roar with on Raikou? Yes, no uber cap in crystal (but to be fair, it's quite a lot harder than the BTs from other games) I've decided to replace fly with dragonbreath on Ho-oh to hit and hopefully paralyze the faster Kingdra and Dragonite. I see your point on Feraligatr but it does occasionally pay off when it's your last turn against something you won't kill. I'd like to put on return, but I'm not sure what I've done with the TM :S.

spuds4ever
19th July 2011, 1:09 PM
Bump.

I replaced Feraligatr with Dragonite as a lead and replaced Raikou with Suicune but it's still not working :/. Any suggestions please?

Dragonite @ bitter (persim) berry
Outrage
Wing Attack
Ice punch (will become ice beam)
Surf

Suicune @ mint (chesto) berry
Mirror coat
Hydro Pump
Ice beam
Rest

I'm considering making Suicune a dual-screener.... Suggestions?

Bestrin
20th July 2011, 7:57 AM
You could go down to level 10 and run Horsea with Dragon Rage :D

Aquadon
21st July 2011, 3:06 AM
Bump.

I replaced Feraligatr with Dragonite as a lead and replaced Raikou with Suicune but it's still not working :/. Any suggestions please?

I would love to give more suggestions, however it would be nice to see the exact changes you made to the team in the first place so I know what to work with. Could you possibly edit the first post to reflect the changes you made?