PDA

View Full Version : Hardest challenge in BW.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

CPFalcon
23rd September 2011, 12:33 PM
To be honest, my hardest challenge so far has been staying motivated to play the game. Most of my friends who play Pokémon are away on LDS missions. The only one around that plays it lives 20 minutes away and neither of us have decent transportation. And neither of us has played in a couple months.
Once I beat all the main quests, I got bored of the game. I can't stay focused when I try the Battle Subway and I haven't felt bothered to train up a decent team. Black and White had tons to offer, but Pokémon seems to be falling out of fun for me. I'm not sure if I'm getting "too old" or if it's because I have no one to play with. It's actually rather worrying :/

#chelloressurection
23rd September 2011, 12:41 PM
I really hate playing ghetis, he was the biggest pain in the ars ever, 5 times it took me to beat him.

dittomainia
23rd September 2011, 1:30 PM
My hardest challenge is trying to fill in..... UNITY TOWER!!!!!

zapto369
23rd September 2011, 3:36 PM
I would have to go with the Battle Subway for the biggest challenge, but then that huge level jump between the Elite Four the first time and post-game stuff took me by surprise too and leveling up at first was a little challenging.

Larry
24th September 2011, 9:45 PM
The Battle Subway and the first battle with Bianca is the only battle I lost during the story.

Tyranitarquake
24th September 2011, 9:48 PM
after beating the elite 4, i had a hard time battling pokes 10levels+

Kalosian
24th September 2011, 9:48 PM
Battle Subway for sure, I have beaten all the normal lines, but have not been able to beat the first three rounds yet in any of the Super Lines. Need to make new teams before I am ready to go back and try again.

AlexielSolarin
25th September 2011, 2:28 AM
Definitely grinding for BP in the Battle Subway to get items. In 4th, it was insanely easy to pick up Scarves and Sashes and such, but earning the BP for them was the hardest part of the whole game. I can't imagine people doing it without properly EV trained Pokemon to make the process of re-earning the Power Items that much faster. :S

Jake.
25th September 2011, 4:21 PM
Ghetsis' Hydreigon. It took a bunch of my max revives the first time.

Charizardfan900
25th September 2011, 4:26 PM
Elesa. She was the ONLY gym to beat me when I first arrived. Emolda used Volt Switch. Zebstrika used Volt Switch. Emolga used Volt Switch. Charizardfan900 used Rage.

abdeagle100
25th September 2011, 5:00 PM
Elsa was easy i beat her on my first try ^^ i would have to say the E4 was the hardest for me.

Mr. Combover
25th September 2011, 6:19 PM
My hardest challenge is trying to fill in..... UNITY TOWER!!!!!

Yeah, I agree with this. I think that's the biggest challenge in the game.

Darkmaster Rannon
25th September 2011, 11:18 PM
Post Elite-Four Unova areas, the max my team got to were lv. 55 and were outmatched mostly. However, seems that I can handle them with just a lv. 47Cofagrigus... Strange...

Hardest Challenge now is collecting them all in the Unova Dex, have appr. 100 to go!

orangezilla
25th September 2011, 11:50 PM
beating the elite four second time round minus the champion (alder is easy when you hav a chandelure)

xNitros
26th September 2011, 12:01 AM
Ghetsis was harrd but grudge rly helped me out for once

Cometstarlight
26th September 2011, 12:05 AM
Ghetsis Hydreigon was pretty annoying

Mister_SGG
26th September 2011, 1:00 AM
Post Elite-Four Unova areas, the max my team got to were lv. 55 and were outmatched mostly. However, seems that I can handle them with just a lv. 47Cofagrigus... Strange...

Hardest Challenge now is collecting them all in the Unova Dex, have appr. 100 to go!

I Audino-grinded my team to level 63 each when I beat the main story.

kyle123
30th September 2011, 1:25 AM
By a mile the sudden high levelness of Eastern Unova. I really didn't expect it at all, and struggled massively at first!

this is my username
30th September 2011, 1:43 AM
hardest part was the champion and elite 4 when there tougher

Falconx03
30th September 2011, 3:38 AM
I had the same underlevelled issue too for the E4. My team was around Lv 51-54 so it was tricky but with a few crits and some hax, I managed to pull out the win!

Level 51-54 was under leveled? My team was(after beating E4, N, and Ghetsis):

Gigalith- Lvl 45
Heatmor- Lvl 45
Serperior- Lvl 49
Zekrom- Lvl 50
Krookodile- Lvl 46
Haxorus- Lvl 52

(beat E4 in one try each)

Keep in mind those are the levels after the E4 and everything. Also, Heatmor, Gigalith and Krookodile were mostly cannon fodder, basically just to give me a chance to heal or revive any other that fainted. Zekrom also fainted 3 times so I gave up with him. Haxorus and Serperior did pretty much all of the work.

Krookodile and Gigalith seemed to be very useful throughout the whole game up until the E4. Haxorus was useful through the whole game and still is quite useful and it currently level 80. Serperior was useful through the whole game until I beat the E4, now he is terrible.

The wait for Nintendo and Gamefreak to make Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect available to obtain, thus completing the Pokedex completely.

Does that count?

Same. It sucks having 646/649 since the 2nd gen Gold was my only time completing a Pokedex. I was close in Heartgold as well but had maybe around 390/493.

bunnykins
30th September 2011, 9:53 PM
the most challenging was getting through irises maze. STUPID DRAGONS. but ghentis was a breeze for me. i dont get why everyone said hydregion was so hard...and lenora was easy, i got a timburr and throh and over-leveled them. and i threw my gurdurr against the emolgas, and throh against zebstrika and used type advantage. i think i KOd excadrill with one hit, but i cant remember...must not have been hard if i forgot. im not going against the elite4 second round until ive got at least 3 level 100 pokemon on my team, they were hard enough the first time. -.- and then there was the shock of all the trainers after beating the elite4. insanely high levels, but i felt better once i caught kyurem and volcarona. theyre my main pokemon for now...probably will be the first level 100s in my game.

Aviere
2nd October 2011, 1:27 AM
My hardest challenge was undeniably when I took on and beat Cynthia with my highest Team Member at level 63, haha. Mind you, my team was EV'd and mostly had desirable movesets, but the level gap was a certain hurdle. My team was:

(not bothering with EVs/natures)

;049; Venomoth, lv63
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass

;474; Porygon-Z, lv58
- Tri-Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

;199; Slowking, lv56
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

;448; Lucario, lv59
- Close Combat
- Bone Rush (to be replaced with Stone Edge)
- Quick Attack (to be replaced with ExtremeSpeed)
- Swords Dance

;472; Gliscor, lv58
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Swords Dance

;442; Spiritomb, lv56
- Dark Pulse
- Will-o-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp was the first Pokemon that I had encountered that could outspeed my Venomoth (thus no sleep), I was near certain it would decimate my team but Gliscor managed to wall it effectively. Was a fun battle!

Blacklynx
2nd October 2011, 1:41 AM
For me I guess it would be the Elite 4 due to my underdeveloped Pokemon and I had to battle Elesa twice so.

jelzin
4th October 2011, 12:56 PM
I played the game through pretty smoothly, without much stress. But the battle subway is where the real challange is. There are just SO MANY different pokemon and abilities you have to consider while creating a team - And only 3 slots in your team (playing super single)

FusionKT
4th October 2011, 1:07 PM
ghetsiss hydreigon.
it should of still been a zweilous

Tom the Warrior
4th October 2011, 8:13 PM
The Battle Subway and getting tanked by a Amoongus. No more healing moves momma, no more. ;-; It ended my streak at 31, haven't been lucky enough to get back there since.

Jonah the Slaking
5th October 2011, 10:16 PM
The toughest challenge is the Super Double train to me. My best double battle team is Excadrill with an Air Balloon, and three Pokemon immune to its Earthquake. I'll probably train my Rotom to pair off with Excadrill, most likely by teaching it Discharge.

Generic User Name
12th December 2011, 9:44 PM
EMOLGAS 'nuff said

foxyman1167
12th December 2011, 9:55 PM
Overcoming hax in the Battle Subway.

shinytactics14
12th December 2011, 10:02 PM
i swept 3/4 of the elite four with my lv 50 scrafty. my hardest was iris i had no ice type moves

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
12th December 2011, 10:03 PM
Overcoming hax in the Battle Subway.

I agree, those pokemon are tough! :o

OshyHikari
12th December 2011, 10:25 PM
By a mile the sudden high levelness of Eastern Unova. I really didn't expect it at all, and struggled massively at first!

Ah yes, some Trainers annoyed me including a PKMN Ranger with a Dewgong on Route 15 or even that Ace Trainer with an Espeon and Purugly on Route 14. They were super-tough!

And yes, Ghetsis. That Hydreigon... I was so relieved I took it down in the end.

Elesa was easy i beat her on my first try ^^ i would have to say the E4 was the hardest for me.

I actually beat her using only my Zebstrika.

I really hate playing Ghetsis, he was the biggest pain in the ars ever, 5 times it took me to beat him.

I actually beat him on my first attempt. My powerful Hydreigon was only a Zweilous back then.

Before, Iw as only talking about in game, but the Super Subway is hard too. The most embarassing part is, I've got totally owned by one of those little toddlers there!

I feel sorry for you losing to a little Preschooler.

Anyway, I can't even get past the Normal lines cos on the 2nd round they start using evolved Pokemon and I usually had to forfeit in the 7th battle of the 2nd round because of say like, an elemental monkey using Focus Blast which took down my powerful Hydreigon. Even with Hilbert as my partner, I have to forfeit every time this happens.

Yes, I'm basically not a competitive battler.

I used my Hydreigon against Ghetsis's Hydregon and just 1 Dragon Pulse to kill his. And 1 Reshiram's Dragonbreath with Critical hit to kill Zekrom. But after that, all the trainers in the 2 stadiums get stronger, higher level than my Pkm, omg @_@ Harder to win.

I remember when I struggled against those Stadium trainers due to their high levels. I can overcome them now that my Samurott, Archeops, Sawsbuck and Hydreigon are in their 70s while my Gothitelle and Chandelure are in their 80s.

And also, finding evolutionary stones in dust clouds - most of the time it was either a stupid Gem or a Drilbur/Excadrill.

Ghetsis is such a douche for having his Hydreigon. Lost count how many times I lost to him

I feel sorry to all those users who lost to Ghetsis, I really do.

Pokemom
12th December 2011, 10:48 PM
underlevelled for E4 round 2, but got them on the next attempt.
National Podex is tiresome, but not really hard....

Breeding egg moves + DW abilities PLUS nice stats...now THAT'S a challenge ;)

HyperXhydra95
14th December 2011, 8:50 PM
The trainers in the after game.

GoldenMagikarp
14th December 2011, 8:59 PM
Clay's Excadrill. It took me ages to defeat that thing. The mew Miltank. ;241;

Kevin24
15th December 2011, 12:45 AM
Ghetsis for me when i first played black version. I read on how the elite 4 would be in the 70s so i trained my pokemon to high 60s and i beat them and the champion on my first try. although most of my team was weak to marhsal so he was the hardest challenge for me in the rematches.

xsedr
15th December 2011, 12:58 AM
The Subway, even my competitive team can't put a dent past 20 battles *sigh*. My scrafty ohko Ghetsis' Hydreigon with a crit High Jump Kick

Locormus
15th December 2011, 1:11 AM
Hmmm.. I thought Ghetsis was fun to beat, didn't have much of a hard time defeating him, compared to the stuf I'm reading here.

Ghetsis: Cofagrigus
Lucas: Haxorus, use Dragon Dance
Ghetsis: Use Protect!
Lucas: Haxorus, use Dragon Dance!
Ghetsis: Use Shadow Ball!
Lucas: Haxorus, use Dragon Claw!
- Cofagrigus fainted..
Ghetsis: Go Hydreigon!
Lucas: Haxorus, use Dragon Claw!
- Super effective! Hydreigon fainted..
Me: So what now? Checks Serebii, ah.. This match is done..

That easily, the rest of my team contained, though I can't remember who beat who: Scrafty, Archeops, Seismitoad, Emboar, and Serperior, so I had no trouble with the rest. Except for his Seismitoad..

- Serperior beat Seismitoad
- Scrafty beat down Bisharp (and most of N's team (Zoroark, Klinklang, Vanilluxe)
- Seismitoad rounded up Eelektross due to its attacks sans Acrobatics doing nothing..
- Something took down Bouffalant, wasn't a threat when most of his team got whiped clean..

My Haxorus was about level 48'ish? In any case, the set up against Cofagrigus was quintessential to my easy win over Ghetsis. Yes, didn't even use Zekrom...

Hardest challenge, reobtaining a freaking Cryogonal outside of Winter.. NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Then, it changes to Winter this month.. I ponder, should I try to catch it again? Enter Twist Mountain, and the very, freaking, first pokemon I see is a Cryogonal!

Also, catching Kingdra at route 18..

And levelling up most Unova pokemon to be something acceptable.. About sixty of the seventy fully evolved ones are now at level 50+ level at the moment. Discounting legendaries, I like them as I get them.. And no cheaping out by capturing a Beheeyem level 60 at route 14 for instance when I caught an Elgyem lvl 28 before at the Celestial Tower...

I fear the day when I'll have to raise that stupid Audino I caught at route 3 to lvl 50.. 41 lvl's of 'Magikarping' against other Audino's with a Lucky Egg attached...

Lanik
15th December 2011, 1:21 AM
The super single train is the hardest challenge of all. End of story.

TheBluePorygon
15th December 2011, 11:49 AM
Nothing really, I found B/W easy, but Ghetsis was annoying

sAv1Or)
15th December 2011, 7:32 PM
Finding someone to trade me a dang Zekrom to complete my Pokedex. Other than that it's a breeze

ParaChomp
15th December 2011, 7:34 PM
Must get everything to level 100 without Action Replay!

Mr. Reloaded
15th December 2011, 7:39 PM
The super single train is the hardest challenge of all. End of story.
I agree in there it's pretty tough because of the opponents that you are facing.

The trainers in the after game.
I agree with you there but once you train against the wild Pokemon and ect,IT becomes easy.

Must get everything to level 100 without Action Replay!

Dude not even Action Replay is the worst way to train your team, its good for Event Pokemon but not training methods.

hawkustaru
20th December 2011, 1:59 AM
Nothing was really hard for me since I spend hours of heavy grinding ^^. But the hardest challenge for me was in the moor of icciruswhile its winter theres this lady that I cant talk to due to the frozen platform thing and it still pisses me off >:U. <Dont know if that counts though =w='>

Rezzuréct
20th December 2011, 8:19 AM
Trying to beat those Battle 'Hax'way.

PrismaticPrincessAnna
20th December 2011, 9:20 AM
I was near the daycare centre, i only had 5 eggs and a Lv1 Magby wit' me and I accidentaly bike'd to this kid and he battled me
I mean, how am I gonna defend myself with a lv1 Magby on his Lv8 Pansage :/

So I got myself a Volcarona for egg hatching since that happened xD nya~

Barbeller
20th December 2011, 10:43 AM
EVing HP stats on the bridge thing. -.-

One Ducklett at a time, and one comes every 5 minuites or so.

bushie
22nd December 2011, 4:29 AM
i have to agree the battle subway bosses these guys are damn near invincible even when ev trained and N's "father" hydrogien also had a little issue navigating victory road mostly because i was trying to avoid the trainers

zozo
22nd December 2011, 5:55 AM
The battle subway makes me insane. I've got the best team I've ever put together and I keep getting haxed to death.

But for me, the hardest challenge is NOT smashing my 3DS every time I see Simipour and/or Simisage. Not only are they the ugliest Unovan pokemon, but they have the most disgustingly smug looks on their faces, AND they're powerful opponents.

So when you put Simisage/pour on the Battle Subway and give them a focus blast that NEVER MISSES I start frothing at the mouth.

I'm a little surprised to see how many people had trouble with Ghetsis. I was able to take on most of his team with just my Eelektross and Samurott. I've found Eelektross to be a pretty good answer for most of the Hydreigons I meet, actually. But, maybe I'm just lucky.

Simipour
22nd December 2011, 6:04 AM
Nothing in the game is hard except for the battle subway, and only because of hax.

The battle subway makes me insane. I've got the best team I've ever put together and I keep getting haxed to death.

But for me, the hardest challenge is NOT smashing my 3DS every time I see Simipour and/or Simisage. Not only are they the ugliest Unovan pokemon, but they have the most disgustingly smug looks on their faces, AND they're powerful opponents.

So when you put Simisage/pour on the Battle Subway and give them a focus blast that NEVER MISSES I start frothing at the mouth.

Ignoring the blatant attack on my username/avatar, those pokes are only in regular singles. If you can't OHKO those pokemon you stand no chance in the super subway, just sayin'.

Pooler
22nd December 2011, 6:47 AM
First time playing B/W, getting past Chargestone Cave almost made me cry tears of blood, especially my team back then consists of Serperior, Scolipede, Munna and Archen.

No fire or ground types, or not bringing lots of repels when entering Chargestone Cave will only lead you to your doom.

Grei
22nd December 2011, 6:54 AM
First time playing B/W, getting past Chargestone Cave almost made me cry tears of blood, especially my team back then consists of Serperior, Scolipede, Munna and Archen.

No fire or ground types, or not bringing lots of repels when entering Chargestone Cave will only lead you to your doom.

Chargestone Cave definitely does seem like the dungeon that exists to trump the unprepared. I know I had definite problems with it when I had been waiting on getting a Fire-type in one of my play-throughs. That cave is a nightmare if you don't have type effectiveness on your side.

Cratess
22nd December 2011, 7:05 AM
Probably fighting Cheren after getting the last gym badge.Only lost once in the game and it was against him :|

zozo
22nd December 2011, 3:51 PM
Nothing in the game is hard except for the battle subway, and only because of hax.

Ignoring the blatant attack on my username/avatar, those pokes are only in regular singles. If you can't OHKO those pokemon you stand no chance in the super subway, just sayin'.

I never said I can't beat them, I just hate their guts (No personal offence meant, of course). And they always seem to pop up just when my pokes that can take them have been KOd.

22nd December 2011, 3:54 PM
I never said I can't beat them, I just hate their guts (No personal offence meant, of course). And they always seem to pop up just when my pokes that can take them have been KOd.

I agree, they spring out of nowhere. >_<

sAv1Or)
22nd December 2011, 4:16 PM
Nothing really is for me. I went through black 3 times this week in about 18-20 hours total. The only thing I find challenging is when I'm EXP farming with Audinos in my main Black and I get bored @ Lv. 30 and go to the Lv.71+ E4 and try and win.

cain004
23rd December 2011, 6:20 AM
When i cleared the elite 4 for the first time it was a breeze, including N. It only took me one try to beat everyone in the pkmn league but guess how many it took me to beat ghestis? 5. yep, 5 times. Your probably asking why and i'll tell you why. That hydregion, I hate that thing! it can K.O. my reshiram in one hit, my emboar in 1 hit & my ferothorn in 1 hit. However though my krookodile went down in 2 hits but at the time it didn't know outrage. I finally beat with some max revives and a lucky critical hit.

nathandg0924
23rd December 2011, 12:12 PM
I haven't tried the Battle Subway yet but I'll go with the post game. I mean, after the credits, everyone is like level 65+ and my team is still only in their their 50s. Another is when I started with Snivy, man, quite though to train him.

ToeyJoey
23rd December 2011, 2:25 PM
Catching Thundurus/Tornadus. I don't like roaming legendaries.

Grei
23rd December 2011, 6:59 PM
Elite Four was much harder the second time.

foxyman1167
23rd December 2011, 7:06 PM
EVing HP stats on the bridge thing. -.-

One Ducklett at a time, and one comes every 5 minuites or so.

Use Audino's, so much easier.

Aegon
23rd December 2011, 7:13 PM
Use Audino's, so much easier.
Stunfisk are even better. They have a 100% appearance rate while surfing in Icirrus City.

zozo
23rd December 2011, 10:40 PM
Stunfisk are even better. They have a 100% appearance rate while surfing in Icirrus City.

Really?!? Dang, wish I'd known that a long time ago! XD Ah well. Better late than never! It's taken me awhile to really figure out where the best EVing spots are with this game. I found EVing much easier on HeartGold.

G50
26th December 2011, 11:30 AM
I always forget how to get around Snow Mountain. Especially when I use the Item Finder to find hidden items.

jstinftw!
26th December 2011, 11:54 AM
Really?!? Dang, wish I'd known that a long time ago! XD Ah well. Better late than never! It's taken me awhile to really figure out where the best EVing spots are with this game. I found EVing much easier on HeartGold.

Really? I've just started EVing in SS, but by far, BW has the most accessible and easy to train in spots when you figure them out. Except for Defense; it's either Roggenrola, Onix and Sandslash/Yamask and Cofagrigus, or Sewaddle and Venipede. And none have encounter rates of 100. -_-

But I think my biggest challenge is finding a steady team to keep. I like too many Pokemon and I want to use them all. @__@

Aura Sensei™
26th December 2011, 5:55 PM
I had trouble with the trainers after the E4 because I didn't know that you were supposed to poketransfer stronger pokemon after the E4.:(

thatjeremykid
26th December 2011, 11:45 PM
Super Double Train for me, no doubt. it's hard, even with well bred and ev trained pokemon

Mesarin
26th December 2011, 11:50 PM
Probably Drayden due to not being an intelligent young man and grabbing myself an ice or dragon type.

muffinz
27th December 2011, 12:43 AM
I had trouble with the trainers after the E4 because I didn't know that you were supposed to poketransfer stronger pokemon after the E4.:(

Supposed to? What do you mean, supposed to? There is no right or wrong way to play the game.

Gold speed3
28th December 2011, 4:19 AM

Try doing it with only an Oshawott and no repels XDD

I'd say that the only challenges came to me during my solo runs, such as the bug gym for Oshawott (FU Leavanny. On another note, I 1-hitted all of Elesa's pokes so it wasn't as hard as expected). Other than that, I don't ever even died during my first normal playthrough ._.
Now Hoenn... That was a hard region.

Zekromaster826
28th December 2011, 6:52 AM
Beating The Psy E4 with only a level 38 Heatmor with Shadow Claw for a counter... And this is when I sucked and had crappy pokemon.

Schade
28th December 2011, 6:06 PM
Going from over-levled after beating E4 to very, VERY underlevled post-game

Del Mundo
28th December 2011, 10:52 PM
1: Lenora- her freaking Watchog keeps using hypnosis... plus it's got a strong crunch and stab retaliate. gahhhh! It took me like four tries to beat her!

2: Route 4- The desert area, the place is so long, with so many trainers, wild patches everywhere, and you have to run or else you'll go really slow, and if you run too fast you'll attract more pokemon, plus that stupid sandstorm.... And I didn't realize the doctors healed you whenever you talked to them until AFTER I got to Nimbasa. I knew they said they'd take care of my guys, but I didn't know they were SERIOUS. I died like five times in that place and wasted a ton of money on meds I didn't really need. I kept losing to this one guy's sigilyph!!!! Gaaaaaah!!! .....ok I'm done.

crystalzapdos
28th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Aunt Jamima was pretty hard....

Volvo418
30th December 2011, 10:06 AM
Beating the E4, final battle with N and the battl with Ghetsis, all pokemon under lvl 50, most around lvl 45, except for reshiram which was lvl 51.. Damn that hydreigon was tough. Took me alot of hyper potions to stall things out XD

DarkraiMiestro
30th December 2011, 10:25 AM
Withstanding N's speeches, what else?

VainAttempts
30th December 2011, 11:37 AM
The whole main game was a breeze. The aftergame was a bit tricky, though due to the Level 60+ Pokemon.

visoredespada
2nd January 2012, 6:23 AM
Ghetsis because i beat him with Low leevl pokemon.
The highest pokemon i pick in my party when defeat him is 48.
No hoax and Cheat

CaptainGarchomp
2nd January 2012, 6:45 AM
My hardest challenge was the 1st gym with Cilan,he kept using work up and i didnt do much training then.:D But I defeated him in the end(Due to Luck):p

CaptainGarchomp
2nd January 2012, 6:47 AM
Ghetsis because i beat him with Low leevl pokemon.
The highest pokemon i pick in my party when defeat him is 48.
No hoax and Cheat

I also defeated Ghetsis with very low leveled Pokemon,Cause I had no time to train then.:D

floatzel98
2nd January 2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think i had a hardest challenge in the game. For me it was pretty easy. Maybe the toughest challenge was when i battled a gym leader who i didn't have pokemon to counter the type.

Travis D
2nd January 2012, 11:52 AM
Definitely the elite 4 for the first time. Not only did you have catch reshiram, but also beat N without saving. Both battles were fairly hard for me, since I mainly trained my starter pokemon.

Simipour
2nd January 2012, 12:03 PM
Going from over-levled after beating E4 to very, VERY underlevled post-game

I don't know about this, I was under leveled for the E4 and managed fine post game. I even swept Cynthia with my low leveled Serperior. Though admittedly that in part to her stupidity. Her lead Spiritomb kept spamming double team, so I kept spamming Coil. Got 6 in and went on the assault :D

CaptainGarchomp
2nd January 2012, 1:01 PM
I don't know about this, I was under leveled for the E4 and managed fine post game. I even swept Cynthia with my low leveled Serperior. Though admittedly that in part to her stupidity. Her lead Spiritomb kept spamming double team, so I kept spamming Coil. Got 6 in and went on the assault :D

Wow,You were very lucky in that situation.:D

Drdj11
2nd January 2012, 5:03 PM
Oh GOSH! I just reliezed that this Thread has OVER 9,000! Views! Thank you everybody that viewed this thread and posted here. And I had problems with Ghetis because I didn't know Hydreion was a Dark\Dragon. So I could of OHKO Him with Scafty.

Archstaraptor
2nd January 2012, 5:24 PM
N was easy-
Ghetsis was tough.
And again,it was his Hydreigon that gave me trouble.
Post game was also difficult to adapt to-but after that,well things got ...you know the rest.
There's nothing to do anymore... :(

battle171
2nd January 2012, 7:42 PM
The battle subway :/

celestial phantom
3rd January 2012, 1:50 AM
Let's see, elesa's gym battle, ghetsis' hydregion, and more or less cynthia the first time I battled her in eastern unova. Also, the battle subway when it gets to the point that the a.i. starts to program itself to beat you.

DragonA7X
3rd January 2012, 1:56 AM
The game was a breeze for me so nothing.

Razor16
3rd January 2012, 8:34 AM
everything is easy for me

ZelOfLight
3rd January 2012, 10:21 AM
Ghetsis was a bit hard for me, so I got smart in my Black version and trained a Deino to evolve into Hydreigon eventually, and I not only swept Ghetsis but N and the elite four as well. ^^

ilex222
3rd January 2012, 10:39 AM
ghesthis,since my team is very under leveled (my strongest pokemon is a lv. 50 reshiram )

his hydreigon trolled me :(

abrar14
3rd January 2012, 11:00 AM
Shiny hunting :/

Kass157
3rd January 2012, 5:55 PM
The game was pretty easy. The first time I cleared it the elite four was a little bit challenging, Yet could defeat them all the first time. The second time I beat the game was even easier. I made a competitive team, got the power items and EVd them as I passed the game. I never lost to a gym leader nor E4. The team is now the best team I've ever made. I got the b*tches running in random matchup!

abrar14
3rd January 2012, 6:28 PM
^ You mean the ragequitting ones, right?

lostboy
3rd January 2012, 6:43 PM
The second gym leader Lenora I found to be the most difficult part of the entire game but I knew I just needed to level grind a fighting type. The game was easy for me since I know how to build strong teams and the challenge just wasn't really there compared to the past games imo.

Shinx_
4th January 2012, 12:51 AM
This was not my challenge, but my friend is dumb when it comes to these games inexperienced and all she had when she confronted the Elite Four was a level 60 Emboar, everything went well till she got to Caitlen. She immeadiatly got KO'ed by Musharna. So I had to lend her my Lv. 85 Volcarona. Then she said she wanted to keep it! 030 Hell no!

OshyHikari
4th January 2012, 2:14 AM
Ghetsis was a bit hard for me, so I got smart in my Black version and trained a Deino to evolve into Hydreigon eventually, and I not only swept Ghetsis but N and the elite four as well. ^^

I was also training a Deino at that point, a female one. She was a Zweilous by that point and she eventually evolved shortly after I beat the game.

Aeon™
4th January 2012, 2:51 AM
honestly, no joke, it was taking down elesa. i don't know why, but she was easily the hardest gym leader with her volt turn strategy.

woot21
5th January 2012, 5:42 AM
My first attempt at a Nuzlocke in White. My team ended up very Flying weak (4 of 5 Pokemon), and I forgot that the one trainer had the bird fossil Pokemon. Thing swept my entire team.

woot21 out dawgs

ImmortalInfernape
5th January 2012, 11:47 AM
Elite 4 in my alphabett soup challenge. Audino, Boufallant, Carracosta, Darmanitan, Emboar and ferrothorn. I failed so badly against the fighting one.

Black_Star
5th January 2012, 6:43 PM
game was too easy XD i beat the whole thing without losing, ever :/

Shneak
5th January 2012, 7:48 PM
In terms of a regular playthrough, Elesa screwed me over a lot. But in terms of my Nuzlocke, definitely Ghetsis. His Hydreigon destroyed five Pokemon on my team, and I finally took it down with my Durant. His last Pokemon was Eelektross. My heart dropped.

TVGuru
5th January 2012, 11:48 PM
Elesa, particularly her spamming Volt Switch. Not the E4 or Champion this time since I learned my lesson to level grind, which was made easier with the lucky egg.

OshyHikari
5th January 2012, 11:52 PM
Some battles were tough due to half my team having an Ice/Bug weakness, luckily I have my trusty Chandelure to counter them.

FILIP22
5th January 2012, 11:54 PM
Beat the Elite Four with a Lv1 Magikarp without losing HP and not using an item that increase PP of a move.

Greg Soble
6th January 2012, 12:00 AM
I really disliked getting through Victory Road. It wasn't that it was hard; it was just that I didn't have the patience for it.

NESSXLUCAS
6th January 2012, 12:03 AM
I found ghetsis hydreigon to be a real pain as well not to mention he wasnt even supposed to have hydreigon until lv.64 i say they cheated for him

eworm
7th January 2012, 2:10 PM
The game was quite easy.
And then I learned of Nuzlocking...

ladykiwi
8th January 2012, 4:20 AM
Probably solo'ing Cynthia with a level 45 Ferroseed. In case someone's wondering:

Ferroseed@Occa Berry
Relaxed 252 hp, 252 defense, 6 def (O speed IVs)
Curse / Leech Seed / Gyro Ball or Seed Bomb/ Toxic

Basically the only way to win is avoiding Superpower/Close Combat/Flamethrower crits. Mind you Flamethrower is a clean 2ko (1ko after you lose your Occa) so you need to ohko him in a single move.

Streetlight
8th January 2012, 7:30 AM
The only thing that honestly gave me any bit of trouble in Black and White was Ghetsis's Hydregion. Besides that everything was extremely easy, and to my displeasure especially Alder. I was kind of sad after fighting Alder as my Darumaka swept most of his team with a few Fire Punches and Brick Breaks. It seems like anyone with a decent fire type can completely sweep the guy, and who doesn't use fire types during in game runthroughs?

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 7:46 AM
^Agreed. There's so many good Fire-types. Simisear, Emboar, Darmanitan, Chandelure, these are all great choices, and I've used all of them except Simisear. I always give up on it before Flame Burst, it's too weak beforehand with Incinerate.

Profesco
8th January 2012, 9:54 AM
Jeez, just reading the first page makes me feel alone in not having had a tough time fighting Ghetsis. >_>

I have to say the biggest challenge BW offers is that sudden level spike post-E4. The main story's final villain's highest-level Pokemon is 54, and then right after that all the trainers in the newly-opened routes use Pokemon higher than that level. You have to grind and grind hard before you can explore the eastern half of Unova with anything like peace of mind. It might be nice if they're offered more of a transition, but still not much to complain about.

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 10:05 AM
I 3HKOed it with Reuniclus's Focus Blast, Reviving against Hydreigon repetitively. Only other time was when his "Klinklang" used Night Slash on Reuniclus.

Anything like peace of mind? More like worry about OHKO moves until the mid 60's.

Xionea
11th January 2012, 10:08 PM
Ghetsis's Hydreigon was soooo troublesome for me. It could KO all of my pokemon in one hit except my Reuniclus. So the only logical thing to do is continually healing Reuniclus while Hydreigon spams moves until it runs out and has to struggle :)

ShimmerInTheDark
11th January 2012, 10:21 PM
The only thing somewhat challenging was post E4 when the eastern side of Unnova was accessible. All those trainers with their lvl. 60+ pokemon, and the wild pokemon at like lvl. 65 in places like Giant Chasm were a bit of a pain. You went from fighting low level 50s to that. I liked the challenge though.

Agonist
11th January 2012, 10:26 PM
Only Ghetsis' hacked Hydreigon gave me any difficulty, and even that wasn't very hard. (Megahorn missed, and Dragon Pulse did a lot of damage.)

bobandbill
12th January 2012, 12:54 PM
Ghetsis' Hydregion in my English playthrough proved to be a bother, and the jump from 50s to sudden mid-60s (the hell?) post-E4 was a bit of a surprise and annoyance early on too, even if the majority of trainers in parts only had one or two Pokemon. Had to grind a bit initially due to that.

Silent Murderer
13th January 2012, 12:26 PM
umm i would say Lenora, her watchog would always pound me. The rest of the game was pretty easy until after beating Ghetsis, the jump to all those trainers who were in the 60's was pretty crazy. leveling up to challenge the elite 4 again and then cynthia was quite a pain too,not due to difficulty but did take some time

PATAPON
13th January 2012, 1:44 PM
completing national dex @.@ i have no idea how on earth im going to complete all the legendaries pokemon w/o hack

FluffyHoundour
13th January 2012, 3:08 PM
Ghetsis' Hydregion gave me the most troubles. It was only after I lost a third time to him, that I remembered that Hydregion was part Dark so my Sawsbuck's Jump Kick will actually have affect.

Mike Breezy
13th January 2012, 5:31 PM
The only challenge I had was probably leveling issues for N and Ghetsis. Once I got around the 50's, I breezed through all of them. A little trouble with Ghetsis though, but I managed. Still hate his hacked Hydregion. Reminds me of Lance all over again..

14th January 2012, 6:37 AM
After E4 round one, getting to the poke-transfer, because all pokemon, wild and trainer, go up by at least ten levels. (Yeah, I didn't notice the back way, I went the long way and nearly got killed by Cynthia on my way.)

OshyHikari
14th January 2012, 7:57 AM
Ghetsis' Hydregion in my English playthrough proved to be a bother, and the jump from 50s to sudden mid-60s (the hell?) post-E4 was a bit of a surprise and annoyance early on too, even if the majority of trainers in parts only had one or two Pokemon. Had to grind a bit initially due to that.

Bobandbill, I have to agree with you. Having trainers be at Level 60+ after beating the game makes you feel like a noob and you have to fight more Audinos.

Drdj11
4th March 2012, 12:28 AM
Beating the Subway Bosses the second time is a hard challenge.

-Unicorno-
4th March 2012, 12:31 AM
lost once the whole-game to an in-game trainer, ghestis, his hydreigon killed half my team...

Dragrath
4th March 2012, 10:00 PM
getting a Pokemon with the right ability and nature... -_- *still trying* must find adamant with chlorophyll...

Dragrath
4th March 2012, 10:02 PM
Bobandbill, I have to agree with you. Having trainers be at Level 60+ after beating the game makes you feel like a noob and you have to fight more Audinos.

I usually don't fight Audinos because they give Hp Ev's and I usually build hyper offense...

Owl
5th March 2012, 9:39 AM
Walking. The gosh darn encounter rate on Pokemon in the game is ridiculous!

fasola91
5th March 2012, 1:30 PM
Walking. The gosh darn encounter rate on Pokemon in the game is ridiculous!

I thought that was just me. When you are on your bike the encounter rate is so high.

The hardest thing I think it post elite 4. Everyones levels go up. When I got through the whole left side of the map, my Pokemon just go to those levels.

Prison Mike
5th March 2012, 2:24 PM
Ghetsis' Hydreigon was actually pretty easy for me. My Scrafty took him down with a single hi jump kick. The hardest thing for me was the post game E4. Specifically Marshal. My only flying type was really under leveled and I couldn't use my Hydreigon or Scrafty, so Samurott did most of the work. Alder wasn't that bad, though. His Volcarona gave me the most trouble. But it only took out my Braviary because it was like 10 levels higher than him XD

darkcivilian
6th March 2012, 5:33 AM
Hardest challenge? Trying to breed an amazing team of pokemon I love when I can't get half of them in any easy way. :/

OshyHikari
7th March 2012, 8:33 AM
I 3HKOed it with Reuniclus's Focus Blast, Reviving against Hydreigon repetitively. Only other time was when his "Klinklang" used Night Slash on Reuniclus.

Anything like peace of mind? More like worry about OHKO moves until the mid 60's.

That "Klinklang" was actually Zoroark.

Jeez, just reading the first page makes me feel alone in not having had a tough time fighting Ghetsis. >_>

I have to say the biggest challenge BW offers is that sudden level spike post-E4. The main story's final villain's highest-level Pokemon is 54, and then right after that all the trainers in the newly-opened routes use Pokemon higher than that level. You have to grind and grind hard before you can explore the eastern half of Unova with anything like peace of mind. It might be nice if they're offered more of a transition, but still not much to complain about.

I really agree with you on the Lv60+ trainers. Ace Trainer Junko on Route 14 was super-tough, her Purugly nearly owned my team. I mean, why fight trainers with Pokemon that are super-tough after you like, take out a Lv54 Hydreigon?

lost once the whole-game to an in-game trainer, ghestis, his hydreigon killed half my team...

That also happened to me, Dragon Pulse hits hard. It was Ghetsis that inspired me to train a Hydreigon in the post-game.

I found ghetsis hydreigon to be a real pain as well not to mention he wasnt even supposed to have hydreigon until lv.64 i say they cheated for him

Yeah, why cheat? Ghetsis should've had something else instead of that Hydreigon...

Elesa, particularly her spamming Volt Switch. Not the E4 or Champion this time since I learned my lesson to level grind, which was made easier with the lucky egg.

Agreed, Volt Switch always makes me dread against Elesa. Not if you have a Ground-type and Rock Tomb though.

In terms of a regular playthrough, Elesa screwed me over a lot. But in terms of my Nuzlocke, definitely Ghetsis. His Hydreigon destroyed five Pokemon on my team, and I finally took it down with my Durant. His last Pokemon was Eelektross. My heart dropped.

No wonder why Elesa and Ghetsis got so many complaints. Also, Eelektross has no weakness making it hard to take down unless you disable its Levitate.

Elite 4 in my alphabet soup challenge. Audino, Bouffalant, Carracosta, Darmanitan, Emboar and Ferrothorn. I failed so badly against the fighting one.

You ended up with 4 Pokemon weak to Fighting, no wonder Marshal had the advantage against you.

My first attempt at a Nuzlocke in White. My team ended up very Flying weak (4 of 5 Pokemon), and I forgot that the one trainer had the bird fossil Pokemon. Thing swept my entire team.

woot21 out dawgs

Yeah, it sucks when you have a glaring weakness to a certain type. As for that "bird fossil Pokemon" - it's a hard-hitting Rock/Flying-type called Archeops, that thing is really strong.

This was not my challenge, but my friend is dumb when it comes to these games inexperienced and all she had when she confronted the Elite Four was a level 60 Emboar, everything went well till she got to Caitlin. She immeadiatly got KO'ed by Musharna. So I had to lend her my Lv. 85 Volcarona. Then she said she wanted to keep it! 030 Hell no!

I never knew that Caitlin's Musharna had the capability of taking down your overleveled Emboar. Musharna have pretty high Sp. Atk plus Caitlin's Pokemon (Musharna, Reuniclus, Gothitelle and Sigilyph) use purely Special-based attacks.

VIA
7th March 2012, 5:13 PM
^So all the videos of Japanese Blacks with Keldeo, Meloetta and Genosect was all hacked?
Yep no event for any of then so far. We just have to wait.

Eranu™
7th March 2012, 6:31 PM
Catching the roaming pokemon was sort of hard. This game didn't offer much of a challenge.

sAv1Or)
7th March 2012, 7:21 PM
Getting my B/W trainer cards. It's tedious.

Astrixx
10th March 2012, 9:52 PM
The library gym where the leader had the never Pokemon one hit KOing me with retaliate ,reminded me of the old times with the gym leader with the rollout Miltank in crystal

G50
11th March 2012, 10:52 AM
When I used Snivy, the Nacrene Gym my hardest challenge. However, with the other 2 starters it was so much easier.

11th March 2012, 11:13 AM
Finding the right Pokemon in the wild to defeat for EV training.

Schade
11th March 2012, 1:25 PM
To me, the hardest challenge is to beat Elesa without going absolutly insane

SS_Append
11th March 2012, 2:46 PM
Taking in the first gym with only your starter.

MidnightMelody
11th March 2012, 3:53 PM
Ghetis...That guy is a pain to kill

Finalflashgame
11th March 2012, 8:37 PM
Elite Four is so hard in that game.

gamerator1
11th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Beating 21 trainers in the Battle Subway to fight Ingo and Emmet.

GameMaster10
13th March 2012, 9:15 AM
I think most people will agree that catching the non-label legendaries takes a lot of willpower not to throw your DS at the wall.

Skyhi101
13th March 2012, 9:21 AM
I actually found this game easier than most other pokemon games, probably because I utilized the Liberty Pass Victini ;)

wingman32x
13th March 2012, 5:40 PM
Ghetsis's Hydregion was tough, but I had Reishram's dragon move, so it wasn't as hard as it could have been.

Also, training can be a pain if the pokemon you're using is anything other than fire, ice, and flying. This game has a ton of wild grass pokemon.

Trinimaster.
13th March 2012, 6:06 PM
Ghetsis was going all out especially when he used that Hydregion,can't remember the last time I struggled like that in any pokemon game.Also taking in mind I refused to use any legends.

hyskoa2020
13th March 2012, 6:15 PM
Must be when i 1st played Pokemon Black and choose TEPIG, manage to evolve it to Pignite and battled My 1st Badge i couldn't win against that damn Panpour and my Pignite was like already at its 20's and i still cant win. After 1 lucky chance the A.I. gave me, it used Work-Up many times and used that chance to beat Panpour for the 5th time and manage to win.

Poor Pignite got pawned and QQ so many times that when i go to the Dream Yard, a person there was giving away a pokemon that will counter my Pignites weakness and I was like WTF!!!! I spend all those times and battling wild pokemons like crazy and wasting precious EV points slots only for this battle! Only to give me a Pansage to counter the Panpour.

Now my Emboar has a very HORRIBLE STATS.

Lv. 91
HP - 328
Atk - 331
Def - 160
Sp. Atk - 193
Sp. Def - 123
Spd - 184

Very Horrible! ITS a GIANT GLASS CANON!

SouthParkPikachu
13th March 2012, 7:22 PM
Lenora was difficult for me in both version's, all my Pokemon fainted 6 times in White because of her stupid Watchog that spammed Retaliate. >.< I had better luck in Black with all the gym leaders.

That's pretty much it, now I have to battle the elite four and challenge the champion. o_o'''

Royal_Qeca
13th March 2012, 7:30 PM
The first battle against Unova Champion Alder.

Jb
13th March 2012, 7:58 PM
I didn't really find anything to hard about the game. During the post E4 I wan't to see the new sprites of my other Pokemon so I traded them over as soon as possible. They were mostly competitive and EV trained at around lvs 55-66 so I really just had a easy time post game.

RedAce♠
13th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Two of the Elite Four memebers, Grimsley and Marshal. The other two were pieces of cake. My team had there weaknesses, though they have moves that my team was weak against ^^; Though the Champion was a JOKE!!!! The fastest win against a Champion ever! Heck, I don't think the whole match even lasted 3 minutes. I was so disappointed when two of the Elite Four gave me so much trouble :/

JustifiedTerrakion
3rd April 2012, 8:09 AM
The hardest challenge in BW for me was Ghetsis's Hydreigon.It murdered my team until I paralyzed it then hit it with everything.Other than that it was easy.

x.Shiny_Dude.x
3rd April 2012, 4:21 PM
trying to get to the end of the underwater ruins

MatchMaster
3rd April 2012, 4:37 PM
The Elite four. I had to train my Pokemon for a while before I was ready to challenge them.

Dragon Pokéballs
4th April 2012, 4:07 AM
Battle Subway... Took me forever to save up enough BP to get a red card, but turns out it goes away after 1 use. Now I only have 5 BP left and I should've gotten the power items. Now I take the super battle train and lose every time!:@

JoshuaMunoz
4th April 2012, 6:28 AM
Screw Elesa! Though the Elite Four was easier than I had anticipated.

LightningRevolver
4th April 2012, 10:20 AM
Lenora and Elesa's gym because i only trained my Starter and Elemental monkey. I really sucked.

Poke_Mania97
4th April 2012, 12:44 PM
Easiest: catching reshiram. i literally caught it on the 1st ball!

Hardest: Beating freaking Cilan e_e took me 8 times i think

Icy Meteor
4th April 2012, 4:32 PM
Probably straight after the E4, leaving to go to east from Opelucid City was an absolute nightmare with my underleveled team.

xmirch
5th April 2012, 3:41 AM
My hardest challenge was the Challenger's Cave. I still haven't beaten it. I go in and most of the time, My main pokes get critically hit which leaves me to my non-EVd pokes. Which leads to FAIL.

xXWhiteRayquazaXx
6th April 2012, 4:08 PM
probably twist moutain not because it was hard, but it was long and boring. i literally kissed my ds when i got to the end :)

MegaSerperior
6th April 2012, 4:12 PM
The Elite Four was pretty easy for me. I'd have to say the only real challenges were Elesa and Lenora's gyms. Oh wait, and filling up the Pokedex is always a challenge.

DiamondClass
11th April 2012, 11:24 PM
I have to say the hardest challenge has been catching roaming pokemon, this combined with getting the one with the right nature and stats.

diamondpearl876
11th April 2012, 11:26 PM
I'd say the hardest part was staying motivated to keep playing after beating the Elite 4. I rarely ever play after.

Ugarking
12th April 2012, 12:13 PM
The post-game parts since my pokemons are still level 60 making it hard to go through, now my pokemon is now level 90+ after doing everything.

ROFLMAO
12th April 2012, 12:43 PM
I'd say the hardest part was staying motivated to keep playing after beating the Elite 4. I rarely ever play after.

This. I hope B2/W2 have good post-stories, because the lack of one in B/W makes it hard to resist the temptation to reset the game and playthrough again.. months later of course.

TheEliteEmpoleon
13th April 2012, 7:31 AM
I had the hardest time battling Ghetsis.

Archangel Armada
14th April 2012, 6:34 AM
The first time I went through my battle with Ghetsis... His Hydreigon was wiping my entire team before finally Haxorus defeated him... such a pain...

Klay
14th April 2012, 8:59 AM
For me it was Burgh, only my Servine was well trained, but the type disavantage was present. My Zorua wasn't strong either. So my panpour was my only hope..water gun yeah...

EeveeSkitty
14th April 2012, 9:02 AM
Elesa's gym was a freaking hax fest. I didn't have any good Pokemon to face up against electric types, most of my attacks were neutral. Volt Switch...there's a reason I got a ground type in my second walkthrough.

Sir. Aaron
17th April 2012, 7:33 AM
Cynthia is the greatest challenge for me till i finish my awesome level 100 etc team haha

ShinyMienshao
17th April 2012, 6:35 PM
Ghetsis and his Hydregion.

peppercat89
19th April 2012, 12:33 AM
Is it normal for people wanting to create teams for "story mode"? I've never made a team, I always have one pokemon with which I do all the story mode. It levels up fast, so it is always plenty stronger. Apart from the second gym that is........... The best pokemon to use for this is an adamant Krookodile with Moxie, because it has good speed and plenty attack. Because of its higher level he is almost always faster. Plus he has a good movepool to handle pokemon types he isn't strong against. Aerial Ace for the fighting types and Low sweep for the ice types. The water type is nearly never encountered. It always has Aerial Ace, Low Sweep, Earthquake and Crunch.
Because of this I knocked out Ghetsis' Hydreigon with one hit. Moxie makes him nearly invincible after the first pokemon:)

Maybe this is the easy way, and you guys prefer a challenge.

Tadashi
19th April 2012, 7:02 PM
I chose Snivy and, to this day, I have no idea how I managed to get through the game with ONLY Grass-type attacks (and Coil) on it. That was... definitely a challenge at some points.

greatguy
19th April 2012, 7:10 PM
Cynthia. I was not expecting an updated team...

Vizzini
20th April 2012, 4:33 AM
Not much for me since I basically maxed out my Adamant Tepig with attack EVs by the first gym (yea I was that bored and I come from a long history of MMOs) By the time I reached the Elite 4 my Emboar was lvl 70 with well over 300 attack and hp. Probably the biggest challenge would be catching Kyurem because of my lack of a strong disabling pokemon and the fact that I wasted the master ball on Reshiram.

Syahrini
20th April 2012, 9:08 AM
Is it normal for people wanting to create teams for "story mode"? I've never made a team, I always have one pokemon with which I do all the story mode. It levels up fast, so it is always plenty stronger. Apart from the second gym that is........... The best pokemon to use for this is an adamant Krookodile with Moxie, because it has good speed and plenty attack. Because of its higher level he is almost always faster. Plus he has a good movepool to handle pokemon types he isn't strong against. Aerial Ace for the fighting types and Low sweep for the ice types. The water type is nearly never encountered. It always has Aerial Ace, Low Sweep, Earthquake and Crunch.
Because of this I knocked out Ghetsis' Hydreigon with one hit. Moxie makes him nearly invincible after the first pokemon:)

Maybe this is the easy way, and you guys prefer a challenge.

yea. there are a lot of good pokemon in unova for story mode. the weakness to only use 1 main pokemon is running out of PP. making a team is so fun. XD.

and the hardest challange is... nothing. XD. maybe to get roaming pokemon.

JoshR
21st April 2012, 1:27 AM
Getting a fire stone in White Version. I've been running around in a cave for 2 hours! DX Oh Arceus somebody kill me.

Brew
21st April 2012, 7:08 AM
Before, it was Ghetsis because I was severely under leveled (I'm talking barely scraping the 50s here... Samurott and Krookodile along with Zekrom were my only level 50s xD). Right now, however, is training my Dark-type team to the max and trying to beat the Battle Subway. Stupid long winning streaks... -grumbles-

TuGaWaR 545
21st April 2012, 8:39 AM
On my latest playthrough of White, I had a lot of trouble on Ghetsis. I ended up putting my event Reshiram and event Zekrom (traded for an extra Reshiram I got from a buddy before he stated a new game) in my party for it.

Well, than again, my party was Zoarark, Beartic, (normal) Zekrom, Golurk, Haxorus and Gigalith. Save Zoarark, none of them were very fast. But if they hit, you were done for. My stuff was around 53 at the time.

Nothing else was that hard for me. I had things to counter every gym. I used Rogenrolla for the second, Boldore for the third, Gigalith for the fourth, Maractus (replaced for Haxorus) for the fifth, Galvantula (replaced by Zekrom) and Gigalith for the sixth, Gigalith for the seventh and Beartic for the eighth. It was an easy gym circuit. I wiped the floor with the E-four with Zoarark, Galvantula and Golurk. Ghetsis was hard because he didn't have a weakness to Rock, Dark or Electric.

Last playthrough I wiped the floor with Ghetsis with Coil Serpirior, Shell Break Caracosta and Zekrom.

Seles
3rd May 2012, 1:15 AM
I lost many times to Burgh and his Leavanny (because I chose Oshawott,and it used Razor Leaf every turn.)but eventually I beat him.

Cressy
3rd May 2012, 1:44 AM
The hardest thing for me was catching Terrakion

SpencerJJ2
3rd May 2012, 10:38 PM
For me, the hardest challenge I had was Elesa. I didn't have a ground type (yes, I know Sandile was in the area right next to the gym), and the Emolga's were a pain in the face to try to take down with my Snivy and Herdier. I would say that Cynthia is the hardest, but I've been putting off fighting her, as I want to get my new team ready.

Howie Cheeto
2nd June 2012, 4:47 AM
The hardest thing for me was catching Terrakion

Same. I tried using just pokeballs and used up close to 50. I had better luck with Cobalion with 7 pokeballs and Zekrom with 2 pokeballs.

Mr. Ribbles
2nd June 2012, 4:53 AM
Snivy

You still had snivy at that point?.....

Anyway, b/w was really easy, buuut...probobly catching cobalion.

Yep, even ghetsis was easy. His hydreigon is a little baby compared to my Beartic. Bears are better than emo dragons people.

Nyarlathotep
2nd June 2012, 5:01 AM
Dear god, I can't believe someone had trouble battling Kamitsure.
She was a pushover, like Hachiku and all other Gym Leaders except for Aloe.

There was not big challenge in the main game.
I guess Adeku's Baffuron was the only pain in the as*, spamming Afro Break.

The hard thing is to hatch/hunt/whatever shiny Pokémon in the post-game. =P

(·-·)(o_O)
2nd June 2012, 5:19 AM
Cynthia, her new team shocked me

thunderblade12
2nd June 2012, 5:27 AM
I think the only character I lost to was Lenora. That battle reminded me of the battle against Whitney from GSC. Elesa's Emolga was pretty tougg but IIRC everything else was pretty easy. It's like impossible to lose to the Elite 4. I usually have enough PokeMoney to buy like 25 Full Restores and 25 Revives and still have a ton left over by that point in the game.

muffinz
2nd June 2012, 5:33 AM
Dear god, I can't believe someone had trouble battling Kamitsure.
She was a pushover, like Hachiku and all other Gym Leaders except for Aloe.

There was not big challenge in the main game.
I guess Adeku's Baffuron was the only pain in the as*, spamming Afro Break.

The hard thing is to hatch/hunt/whatever shiny Pokémon in the post-game. =P

...I don't think I understood a word of that. What's with all the japanese names? The english ones have been out for a very long time now, so why not just use them?

zeno48
2nd June 2012, 6:06 AM
I think for me it was getting the gold in the battle factory where they only give you their crappy pokemon. I finally got it but it was difficult.

Ace Of Keys
2nd June 2012, 8:14 AM
Beating Ghetis was so friggin hard for me. lost count how many times i lost. then again i did rush the game .w.

TylerPhoenix
2nd June 2012, 8:16 AM
I think the toughest battle for me was Lenora. Always.

Nyarlathotep
2nd June 2012, 1:09 PM

Yeah, Herderrier with Take Down and Miruhog with Hypnosis/Retaliate = Troubles.

Aloe is easily the most troublesome Leader.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
2nd June 2012, 2:36 PM
Either Lenora or Elesa. Bout' it.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 6:25 PM
It's funny how Elesa gets mentioned so often :p
But I agree she was extremely difficult to beat!

Umm hardest challenge would probably be Eastern Unova, coz for most people
when they get there, they're really under-leveled. And that's bad, coz it's a rough area!
I'd go with Elesa as the second hardest challenge for me :]]

A Mew
3rd June 2012, 6:34 PM
Mine was probably Cynthia with an underleveled team (as I accepted her challenge as soon as I got to Undella). Her Spiritombs Double Team was incredibly annoying, and when I finally won against it (thank Arceus for Aerial Ace) the rest of her level 75-ish team stood in line to defeat my high 50s-low 60s pokes. I won, but barely. If I remember correctly I had one poke left, at red health.

Drdj11
20th June 2012, 8:45 PM
Ok, let's go back in time a little bit.
The hardest gym leader would be Norman in Ruby and Sapphire.
Ok, back to BW.

Dragalge
20th June 2012, 9:24 PM
I'm still finding TM facade, uhh where is it?. Also having to deal with ragequitters.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
23rd June 2012, 7:03 AM
Imo it was Alder's or Ingo/Emmets. Usually the toughest in-game trainers.

MusicMan
23rd June 2012, 11:11 AM
Elite Four Was Really Hard For Me But Not So Hard Enough :D I Lost Just 1Time :D

Bokk
23rd June 2012, 2:51 PM
Elesa so far, but I still haven't done Battle Subway, the elite four rematch, and a battle against Cynthia.

GalladeX
23rd June 2012, 3:07 PM
It's a tie between Elesa and that one guy right outside of Opelucid City who completely destroyed me because I didn't know about the level jump.

Chrysaries
2nd July 2012, 9:48 PM
Battle Subway hax from opponents, 'nuff said

Ace Of Keys
3rd July 2012, 8:20 AM

she was strangely difficult for a second gym to be honest

Tytan Havok
3rd July 2012, 11:40 AM
I couldnt beat the 3rd gym without the event Celebi to help out. :(

FusionKT
3rd July 2012, 11:54 AM
ghetis and his underleveled hydreigon... i mean seriously it was about ten levels to low to have evolved

Sir Spacebar
3rd July 2012, 11:58 AM
Ghetsis, it was so overpowered and it was all like, BAM BAM BAM BAM! and Poof, Dead, all my Pokemon were dead, took me like 30 tries

Drake Pokétrainer
3rd July 2012, 5:16 PM
The first gym. I kept losing to that one.
I almost decided not to continue the game because of it.

Oh and also the wild pokemon on the unlocked routes being around the same levels of my team after beating team Plasma.

Ace Of Keys
3rd July 2012, 6:51 PM
The first gym. I kept losing to that one.
I almost decided not to continue the game because of it.

Oh and also the wild pokemon on the unlocked routes being around the same levels of my team after beating team Plasma.

please tell me you got the elemental monkey from the dream yard. but then again it was actually a bit tough esp when they spam work up

SoulMuse
3rd July 2012, 6:55 PM
Hm....for me....well Ghetsis, since I had only leveled my pokemon to match his, and nothign on my team could stand up to Hydriegon....until I spammed Dragon Dance with Haxorus.

Anus
3rd July 2012, 7:09 PM
I think Ghetsis' Hydreigon was pretty hard on first play through, always wrecks a couple of your Pokemon if you aren't prepared for it.

Drake Pokétrainer
3rd July 2012, 9:51 PM
please tell me you got the elemental monkey from the dream yard. but then again it was actually a bit tough esp when they spam work up

At first I didn't. But yeah it was because of the work up spam.

SpencerJJ2
3rd July 2012, 9:56 PM
Ghetsis, it was so overpowered and it was all like, BAM BAM BAM BAM! and Poof, Dead, all my Pokemon were dead, took me like 30 tries
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how Ghetsis is so hard? Sure, he isn't the easiest in the game, but I beat him on the first try.

SoulMuse
3rd July 2012, 9:59 PM
^ To answer your question, I would guess most people aren't prepared for his Hydreigon, which can eat your team alive if you don't expect it.

J-Tech
3rd July 2012, 10:00 PM
Nothing, easiest pokemon game I've played but im probably just good at it now. Although after the Elite Four my pokemon were wayyyyyy underleveled which frustrated me.

Mr. Ribbles
3rd July 2012, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how Ghetsis is so hard? Sure, he isn't the easiest in the game, but I beat him on the first try.

I dont either, heh.

I aint really afraid of the Hydreigon, a good Ice move/Fighting move will decimate it.

superyellowduck
6th July 2012, 11:35 AM
Ghetsis and his Hydreigon. Now I know about the Larvesta egg in Route 18... Would have been so useful to have Volcarona...

Firebrand
6th July 2012, 7:49 PM
Like a lot of people have said... Ghetsis and Hydreigon. I was able to cruise through most of the game with ease, but that on pokemon gave me so much trouble...

Drdj11
6th July 2012, 8:01 PM
It was hard for me because I didn't know it was part Dark/Dragon type.

Princess Raspberyl
6th July 2012, 8:07 PM
I didn't think Ghetsis was that bad. Elesa and her Emolgas however...=_=

AllyNidhogg
6th July 2012, 9:11 PM
Ghetsis' Hydreigon.

Especially since I didn't have a decent Fighting-type in my team.

Star Champion AJ
6th July 2012, 9:22 PM
Clay's freaking powerful Excadrill
Ghetsis's hacked Hydreigon
Cynthia's fearsome Garchomp

Donesparce
6th July 2012, 9:29 PM
Lenora's Watchog. The hax made me want to cry.

Kian D
6th July 2012, 9:53 PM
I had some trouble with clay, and then with the E4. But I dealt with them.

SasoriSand
6th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Getting to Ingo and Emmet... For god's sake what the eff is with all the dam hax

ShinyZorua28
6th July 2012, 11:10 PM
Lenora's Watchog. The hax made me want to cry.

She's worse than Whitney and her Milktank. My pokemon didn't stand a chance against Watchog's Retaliate.

Princess Raspberyl
6th July 2012, 11:18 PM
Getting to Ingo and Emmet... For god's sake what the eff is with all the dam hax

...Forgot about them. =_= I dislike them too! D: Got close to beating one of them...then critical hit ownage on my Dragonite. I have the worst luck ever. T+T

Woba Fett
7th July 2012, 12:35 AM
Searching for Riolu in that stupid cave.

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 12:52 AM
I still think it's the 1st gym. I really REALLY didn't want to use pansage, so had to train my starter all the way to a pignite before it was strong enough to take the leader...

FRUITYai
20th July 2012, 10:21 PM
Funny Joke.

doodlecloud
21st July 2012, 11:40 AM
I don't really remember having any trouble with any of the gyms/main trainers....but then when I was fighting Elesa I had an Emolga in my team and when fighting Iris and Ghetsis I had a Hydreigon. So I guess we we're kinda even. I also level my team up pretty well before I go to the next gym, etc. I think the hardest part for me has been trying to get all the Pokemon musical props haha....

Kanethedragon
21st July 2012, 12:41 PM
I didn't have much trouble throughout the game other than Burgh. If I remember correctly I lost to him once so I went around to pinwheel I think for some R&R and I also evolved my panpour(had Snivy as starter) and I believe I caught a pansear as well. As for everything else it was just a breeze with only the E4 being a slight bit challenging (believe I was run out of most of my money by then on full restores, now however I'm rich because of the post-game stuff.) And everything else post-game was just way too easy after I transferred my main team other than my first couple battles against the Morimoto AI (his Zebstrika once KOed my lvl 100 dragonite that once had pokerus.)

FlyShyGuy
21st July 2012, 6:51 PM
I'm currently doign a runthrough of White in "Set" mode (Ie. No switching of pokemon allowed when an opponent's pokemon faints). The hardest gym leader so far has to have been Elesa, who's bad enough when Battling in shift mode. In "Set" mode, you also lose the luxury of switching in on Zebstrika without taking damage, making her even more annoying to defeat.

I've only just completed the 6th gym though, so I've no idea how hard the next two + elite four will be (I imagine Iris on Set mode would be fun).

supercute50
22nd July 2012, 11:30 PM
The Nimbasa city gym was always annoying, and i still hate Emolga's.

What was the hardest for me though is probably the Elite Four, the first time, because my team had mostly fire, water, electric pokemon and attacks, and not many dark attacks or the like. So there weren't many super effective attacks.

Also, my current team (on my third playthrough of unova), 4 of my team members are weak to flying so the Mistralton gym was a little challenging.

EspNeon
23rd July 2012, 2:01 PM
The biggest challenges for me:

Lenora's Gym. That Watchog and it's hypnosis were just a nightmare.
Elesa's Gym. The Emolga's and their Volt Switch became an annoyance quickly. Luckily even though they switched I was still damaging them.
Ghetsis Hydreigon. That thing was fast and powerful. It managed to take out 1/2 of my team with great ease
My Pokemon were under levelled and on parr with those in Eastern Unova.

Shinluxray348
23rd July 2012, 8:09 PM
The elite four was definitely the hardest. But it's supposed to be :p

Master Leo
23rd July 2012, 8:16 PM
By biggest challenge was the level jump after the main story. It just caught me off guard.

Everything thing else was pretty easy.

Nibbles4Ever
23rd July 2012, 8:46 PM
Probably catching the legendaries, nothing else is that tough, aside from beating Ghetsis and his stupid hydreigon >.>

muffinz
23rd July 2012, 9:45 PM
Hydreigon wasn't too hard for me 'cause I figured out a strategy for beating it without even getting hit: use a female Pokčmon with Attract and Thunder Wave. It has such a tiny chance of attacking when paralyzed and infatuated that unless you get really unlucky, the battle's pretty much effortless. If you want to be even harder to hit, give the Pokčmon a Brightpowder while you're at it. I did this in two seperate save files, and it never hit the Pokčmon I was using for this strategy, even though it took like seven or eight turns to defeat thanks to how underleveled I was.

EptyK
24th July 2012, 4:49 PM
4th gym kept missing rock tomb with sandile pissed me off but it wasn't a challenge.
5th gym swept with dewott
the elite 4 were a bunch of pushovers especially with cotton gaurd whimsicott
ghetsis i had alot of coverage on my samurott so i could beat everything and i could survive 1 move from the hydreigon and fire back a revenge so no challenges .... yet.

AmusedMilk
24th July 2012, 5:06 PM
Cynthia, hands down.

Tiisko
24th July 2012, 5:42 PM
I don't think I had many challenges except turning up to a gym underlevelled when I went through the game the first time but I learned on my second time round on Pokemon Black.

candyson
25th July 2012, 9:41 PM
elesa, my only loss :(

Zijena
29th July 2012, 5:43 PM
On my first playthrough I had a real hard time with Ghetsis, on the other two I've done he was no challenge at all (mostly because of that I got really lucky with his Hydreigon). But Cynthia... oooooh, that was tough. That family in Undella Town also is quite difficult to beat on the third day or so.

jakbeasley
29th July 2012, 6:27 PM
The Elite Four was a bit of a challenge for me. I guess I just didn't get the type match ups and fluked it a little. But after beating them, it was the East side of Unova that I found difficult, all the trainers were at a much higher level than me. Makes me wonder why they didn't just sweep through the Elite Four themselves! Haha!

dirkac
29th July 2012, 6:37 PM
Elesa.
The rest of the game wasn't really challenging, especially Cynthia since she got rid of the pokemon who showed a threat to me.
After the third Riches, they became very challenging.

Fugazy
29th July 2012, 11:51 PM
Being underleveled the entire game save for my starter. Then trying to figure out how to train my Pokemon for the eastern edge of Unova. I hate this game haha :(

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
1st August 2012, 7:52 PM
I found the beginning of the game hard since it was a long time I played pokemon at the time but half way towards the game I got a hang of it again!