PDA

View Full Version : Hardest challenge in BW.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dawn+Serena Fan
1st August 2012, 7:54 PM
Well Eastern Unova was a bit of a challenge for me since the levels jumped a bit XD

Arvis
1st August 2012, 8:51 PM
the elite 4. my team was under leveled so it took me like 4 times. plus i had zebstrika soo.. yea.
Also the opleucid city gym was a challenge as i had no ice type or dragon type pokemon.

deathgaze560
1st August 2012, 9:11 PM
elite 4, and the days after. I rushed through the game without meaning to, and my team was lv 35ish-50 ish, so I was severely underleveled. After beating N, I let out a sigh of relief, because I didn't know you had to face Ghetsis afterwards.... Stupid Ghetsis..... Then after the E4, I had to train my pokemon like crazy, when I found out the wild pokemon could sweep me >.< .

Tulnekaya
9th August 2012, 4:01 PM
Ghetsis. My team had been underleveled throughout the Elite Four, but I still managed to beat N. The only reason I won? Revives, and using Mirror Move on Sigilyph to throw back dragon attacks on his FREAKING HYDREIGON. It was fun, and it was hard.

Then I went to eastern Unova, and nearly got beaten by some random trainer.

RedCometCustom
9th August 2012, 5:06 PM
Eastern Unova was more of a challenge just due to the shock. Didn't expect to walk into grass and find level 50 Vullaby. Crap! Can't lazily fight! Strategy! Strategy!

Blue Bisharp
9th August 2012, 6:00 PM
Ooh... I'll list both of the battles sence both were pretty hard.

Lenora: Jeez, she was so freakn' hard. It took like, 5 trys to beat her. She just kept using Retaliate + Hypnosis to destroy everything in my party. I finally had to give my team Chesto and Oran Berrys to beat her.

Ghetsis: lol You saw this coming. Him and his Hydreigon was just so freakin' hard! Ugh. I think it took 3 trys here? I brought some Revives and Potions and Leveled up Zekrom a little bit. After that, I won.

GrassTypes.
9th August 2012, 9:39 PM
I didn't feel any of the Gyms were all that hard except for the Emogla gym my level 20 Herdier was all I had that wasn't at a disadvantage.

Ghetsis's Hydriegon was so so hard.

E4+Champion was easy due to level 60 something Haxorus (D-Dance+Dragon Claw)

Star Champion AJ
9th August 2012, 10:00 PM
Facing Clay's Excadrill after a Hone Claws
Facing Ghetsis's hacked Hydreigon and his awesome movepool

Surviving TEN (non missing) Dragon Rushes in a row from Cynthia's Garchomp not to mentionat the very least one of Garchomp's moves could hit my entire team for super effective damage

Darkazure
9th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Ooh... I'll list both of the battles sence both were pretty hard.

Lenora: Jeez, she was so freakn' hard. It took like, 5 trys to beat her. She just kept using Retaliate + Hypnosis to destroy everything in my party. I finally had to give my team Chesto and Oran Berrys to beat her.

Ghetsis: lol You saw this coming. Him and his Hydreigon was just so freakin' hard! Ugh. I think it took 3 trys here? I brought some Revives and Potions and Leveled up Zekrom a little bit. After that, I won.

Yes god! Lenora was so hard for me I had to lvl up my team up 5 lvls ahead just to beat her wachog! It took me 11 times just to beat him T-T!

confuser987
13th August 2012, 6:37 AM
Catching a Tynomo, which has an 8% encounter rate on the third level, having a Hidden Power Ice, prefebably having Modest nature. But Tynomo can't learn "Hidden Power" until it evolves. So, grinding exp takes too much of the effort. So, .08*1/13= 006, or a little over half of one percent :(

Thank god that it doesn't have second ability that is crappy.

verdian
14th August 2012, 9:47 AM
Hardest gym.... i think it's Lenora to me.
Even though i started with tepig, that freakin watchog of hers swept through my team 3 times.

And Cynthia. Her pokemon is the best pokemon like,the intire pokemon world has.

Frost471
14th August 2012, 1:58 PM
The hardest challenge was right after I beat Ghetsis. My Pokemon were mid 40's and I barely managed to beat Ghetsis, after that all Pokemon from the regular trainers became 10 levels higher just like that. So yeah Eastern Unova was a bit of a pain in the *ss considering my Pokemon were 15 levels lower than most other Pokemon.

Drdj11
15th August 2012, 12:07 AM
I have noticed that lots of people have had problems with Ghetsis, Elesa, Lenroa, and eastern Unova.

MTeriyaki
16th August 2012, 7:39 PM
Attempting to find Cobalion without using flash or repels -_____-

Dragalge
16th August 2012, 7:49 PM
Finding good Pokemon to use, most were frail or bad except stuff like Sawk and Tympole earlier in the games.

confuser987
17th August 2012, 1:42 AM
Catching a Munna w/ Synchronize and Hidden Power Ground bc 50/50 chance sychro/forewarn and 1/17 chance HP Ground.

Farscape0031
17th August 2012, 11:13 AM
The Super Singles train :( still cant beat it...

SmeargleRocks
17th August 2012, 5:09 PM
Going more than 28 battles in the super double battle subway before my pokemon are all beaten

Agonist
17th August 2012, 5:48 PM
hardest challenge in BW would probably be RNGing a shiny Roamer on a retail cart.

SeiyruKazohu
17th August 2012, 7:07 PM
Ghetsis. The Elite 4 and N just seemed super easy to me but when I got to Ghetsis and his stupid Hydragon I was like frak. It took me like 4 or 5 tries to beat him! Then blacking out at the first trainer I ran into in Eastern Unova cause I didn't realize how high the lvls jumped!

The_UnAmerican_Idol
18th August 2012, 5:39 PM
Fighting any trainer with Hydregion. Its an uber Pokemon

Torosiken
18th August 2012, 6:50 PM
Fighting Cheren after league and Cynthia for the first time.

Cheren's haxorus is pretty hard @@ and Cynthia... wellduh, one of the strongest trainers in that game.
But once we got leveled up, Cheren's haxorus is piece a cake x'D

SoulDaze
6th September 2012, 2:00 AM
Lenora, Ghetsis's Hydreigon (that was a pain), and Alder.

Claus351
6th September 2012, 10:58 PM
I plan on doing a Sawk and Throh run thru with them alone some day :P but recently I finished an all dragon team (hatched from level 1) very hard..

aloquesada
6th September 2012, 11:45 PM
Burg :/ I had just a Servine and a recently catched Scraggy, so it was hard as hell. Took me like 7 tries...
Hydreigon was hard but i kicked Getshis *** in the first try...
It was an easy game in general... Battle Haxway is kinda challenging though.

Omnite
7th September 2012, 5:22 PM
Opening the packaging.

Pyrotechnet
7th September 2012, 10:55 PM
Fighting N and Ghetsis. I chose to put the Reshiram in my party, and the thing was just got awful. My team was great, but N's Zekrom wiped the floor with my Reshiram in no time flat, and that set me back a bit. And Ghetsis Hydreigon. Wasn't horrible, but I recall having to revive one or two of my Pokemon.

Ohitsdylan
7th September 2012, 11:04 PM
Fighting N and Ghetsis. I chose to put the Reshiram in my party, and the thing was just got awful. My team was great, but N's Zekrom wiped the floor with my Reshiram in no time flat, and that set me back a bit. And Ghetsis Hydreigon. Wasn't horrible, but I recall having to revive one or two of my Pokemon.

Did he use fusion bolt after you used fusion flare?

My hardest challenge was probably catching a metang.

Pyrotechnet
7th September 2012, 11:09 PM
Did he use fusion bolt after you used fusion flare?

........yeah.......
I only ended up getting rid of half of Zekrom's HP before my Reshiram was taken out. And my strongest Pokemon, my Samurott, was not a smart one to send in there. Ended up using my Haxorus to take that thing out. After getting through Zekrom, it wasn't bad at all

Ohitsdylan
7th September 2012, 11:59 PM
I notice that a lot or people are mentioning Hydreigon, I dont really see why, I've never had a problem with them. o_0

Missile157
8th September 2012, 4:23 PM
I don't find Pokemon games very difficult until you get to the Battle Facilities. As for B/W it was even easier as Audinos allowed you to level up really quickly and get ahead of your opponents. As long as you have a team with good coverage the games are pretty easy (apart from the subway, got to 42 yesterday and knocked out :()

Swampert is my Homeboy
9th September 2012, 2:30 AM
For me it's the battle subway.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
9th September 2012, 2:44 AM
Leorna probably. Or Alder, but when I battled Alder, all my Pokemon from my other games, were on my White at the time. So, I think Leorna.

Cutty
9th September 2012, 3:21 AM
I say Ghetsis n Cynthia. Haven't battled Cynthia though.

teamaquagrunt
9th September 2012, 3:57 AM
Hardest gym.... i think it's Lenora to me.
Even though i started with tepig, that freakin watchog of hers swept through my team 3 times.

And Cynthia. Her pokemon is the best pokemon like,the intire pokemon world has.

Yeah, really! I barely managed to beat her in D/P, and then in Black/White her pokemon are all super leveled. Definitely Cynthia..

I found the electric gym leader tough, her Emolga was super effective against most of my team at the time.

James2344
9th September 2012, 4:47 AM
Hardest challenge, getting a shiney pokemon, but besides that pokemon league for the second time around

Fluffyy
9th September 2012, 7:52 AM
I personally find pokemon games easy, just not that hard.. but shinys were pretty hard to encounter, and the Elite 4 second time around was pretty hard.

Pokeparadox
9th September 2012, 9:06 AM
Um....... I just caught the first pokemon I encountered so I lost to
A few wilds on west unova
Lenora (A big pain, i lost my first 3 tries, stupid watchog!)
Kyurem
Cynthia
Morimoto
Elite 4
Ghestsis
and also Cheren once... when in the school..... i had a lillipup 2 and a snivy 7

trainer0191
11th September 2012, 4:01 AM
Lenora's watchdog - it was early in the game so I didn't have too many good pokemon and i forgot to make them hold the berries Cheren gave me. So yeah the fact that hypnosis didn't miss even once really pissed me off! Ghetsis's Hydreigon would be no. 2 on the list though.

Trainer ARORA
12th September 2012, 12:44 PM
When I first played on emu, hydreigon nearly destroyed me. Thank to snivy dragon tailing him, i could beat him. But surprisingly when I played on DS, my first loos in victory road where that quiver dancing petilil wiped the floor with me. I didn't know quiver dance was such a dangerous move until I got ko'ed

tyranitarenthusiast
12th September 2012, 9:22 PM
i was too dependent on my starter which was the only pokemon i ever really bothered to use. so once i barely defeated the elite four i got beaten by ghetsis multiple times before i decided to revamp my team (added properly leveled darmanitan,haxorus,elektross,golurk) and after that it has been a breeze

Skytorn
12th September 2012, 10:03 PM
Cress. I'm not lying. *Facepalm*

Patri25
21st September 2012, 2:18 PM
The most difficult part is Lenoras Gym.
I defeated her in the third try.

Ferrin
21st September 2012, 2:46 PM
The most difficult part is Lenoras Gym.

yuppers.
her retaliating, hypnosis watchog was tricky

Covert Cactus
23rd September 2012, 12:57 AM
The elite 4 followed by N and Ghetsis. I was under leveled pretty badly. Cynthia was pretty tough too. I solved that with a very over leveled Serperior.

Komaeda
23rd September 2012, 9:50 AM
Elesa's gym. It's been awhile since I actually raged at a gym leader since Whitney in Crystal.

Fabulous Ampharos
23rd September 2012, 9:56 AM
Hardest Challenge for me would have to be Burgh's gym with only Water types when I was doing my Water monotype run. I only killed his Leavanny becasue of a crit..

guff91
23rd September 2012, 12:01 PM
I didn't have much trouble with any of the gym leaders (except for Elesa), nor with the Elite Four. For me the hardest challenge was Ghestis.

Plus side down side
23rd September 2012, 6:54 PM
Probably Elesa. I seriously could not get her to stop Volt Switching!

But I also had trouble level grinding evenly.

Thunderstrike18
23rd September 2012, 7:27 PM
My hardest challenge was Caitlyn of the elite 4.I had no problem with anyone else except her.

Sinfonietta
23rd September 2012, 8:47 PM
Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I can honestly say that as far as main plot in the games go, that was my first crushing defeat. I mean sure, I've lost to the occasional gym leader or rival once or twice, but at least those were close fights. Hydreigon wiped out my entire team with total ease. I was dumbfounded.

Groundedshock
23rd September 2012, 8:57 PM
Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I can honestly say that as far as main plot in the games go, that was my first crushing defeat. I mean sure, I've lost to the occasional gym leader or rival once or twice, but at least those were close fights. Hydreigon wiped out my entire team with total ease. I was dumbfounded.

If it was not for my Jellicent and the fact that Hydreigon did not have Dark Pulse, I would have given up..... I won on my first try because of that.....

Marshall was a pain.... I have never seen bulky Pokemon with near perfect coverage like his Pokemon had.....

Lenora is not bad if you can dodge hypnosis and have a rock type with rock smash to fix her Watchog.....if you do not..... Horrible... but I beat on my first try through luck

Also Tepig vs Lillipup and Panpour..... worse than Oshawott vs Lillipup and Pansage and Snivy vs Lillipup and Pansear

Cynthia was tough. I seriously needed to powerlevel my team to level 65 to do well with little Max Potions

Deadrose
24th September 2012, 1:02 AM
Hardest challenge I've completed? Beating Ghetsis. Every time I play through either game, he proves to be a challenge.
Hardest challenge I've yet to complete? Getting a stage 5 trainer card. I'm really not good in the Battle subway. I can barely make it to the Subway masters and if I do get to them they crush me easily.

-Xen-
24th September 2012, 1:11 AM
Ghetsis wasn't too bad for me honestly, but then again, I had Throh with me at that point.

Hardest challenge? Probably the Subway. I cannot for the life of me get to the Subway Master in the Super line. Closest I ever got was 48, but I always end up getting haxed out of victory.

Toyosatomimi no Miko
26th September 2012, 4:47 AM
Lenora and Elesa. And Skyla's gym. Because I didn't know that the cannons could rotate.

Skydra
26th September 2012, 7:01 AM
I was essentially forced to use Zekrom against Ghetsis. I redeemed myself by defeating him with my party in Black(at least, I think I did).

Thecatteam
26th September 2012, 7:10 AM
Aargh, Ghetis. I won ONLY by resetting about seven times and getting freeze hax on blizzard.

Also, Cynthia's team and my team were very evenly matched--she KO'd five of mine and I KO'd five of hers. Finally, against her lucario at 2/3 health, I sent out my last pokemon (can't remember what it was). My pokemon went first and knocked out another third, then lucario reduced my pokemon to one third as well. Then she comes out and says: "You haven't won yet! I won't let such a fun battle end so easily!" I thought I had the battle in the bag, since my pokemon was faster than hers. But then... ExtremeSpeed. I lost. And I didn't battle her again until my entire team was level 80. I was that intimidated.

TherianForm
26th September 2012, 2:11 PM
Actually, I think Black and White was actually quite easy.
I would say the Subway, but apart from that, maybe Alder? I only took me 1/2 retrys though.
I think BW2 will be more challenging with the World Tournament :D

Drdj11
26th September 2012, 3:39 PM
Ah. Yes the battle Subway. Ya know, I almost fought the Subway bosses after the 42 streak. Or was it another number. I haven't been there in a long time because I lost my DS :[

empoleon49
28th September 2012, 10:37 AM
Catching Volcarona..... Such a pain!

TherianForm
28th September 2012, 11:28 AM
Catching Volcarona..... Such a pain!

oh my god...that's was so annoying >:l
Took me a lot of SRs to catch it because he wiped out my team before I could catch him -.-

Sigilyph2
28th September 2012, 2:56 PM
The Ghetsis battle was hardest battle, but battling N at the Nimbasa Amusement Park, as well as Iris, Elesa and the bug leader were challenging as well.

Drdj11
28th September 2012, 3:25 PM
Hmm, Burgh? So you picked Snivy then? Because if you picked Oshawott, you could have the Fire Monkey.

orochi
29th September 2012, 6:36 PM
Catching any legendary is a pain, unless you caught one after a couple tries of throwing the pokeball like I did XD my mewtwo :3

muffinz
29th September 2012, 11:19 PM
Hmm, Burgh? So you picked Snivy then? Because if you picked Oshawott, you could have the Fire Monkey.

But of course, even then you can easily get a Darumaka from the desert that's right next to Castelia, and it can easily take care of anything in the gym aside from Dwebbles, and those can be dealt with using your Panpour if you picked Snivy, your Oshawott/Dewott if you picked it, and if you've got a Pignite, you can pretty much take care of the whole gym easily.

I can't imagine someone having too much trouble with that gym, really. I mean, it's not pathetically easy in and of itself, but there are so many Pokčmon that can easily plow through it that you can get either for free, or right near the gym itself. It's just... too easy to counter everything in it, I guess.

R_N
30th September 2012, 12:17 AM
The final battle rush with The Riches

It was a lot harder than it seemed!

dewey911p
30th September 2012, 12:24 AM
RNGing Thundurus ... it was a nightmare

Pierce571
30th September 2012, 5:26 PM
Battle subway. The normal lines were do able but the super lines were so hard. It took me like forever to get to the subway bosses and defeat them

SmeargleRocks
1st October 2012, 1:37 PM
Double super train in the battle subway is extremely tough sometimes