PDA

View Full Version : Which Pokémon do you carry always with you?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

oriclion
12th July 2011, 7:50 PM
As the title says, which Pokémon do you carry always with you? The one that always has a space on all your teams, across every generation, no matter what? :) Mine is usually Heracross :)

JolteonisUber
13th July 2011, 7:40 AM
Hence my username :), he is usually my sub-sweeper. Oh and I often have scizor in them.

arceus7
13th July 2011, 8:15 AM
lucario.
10char

S k y
13th July 2011, 9:22 AM
Same as you oriclion, I always save a spot for my Heracross!

JRB24
13th July 2011, 10:09 AM
Charizard because it's my favorite poke and knows fly

Tsutaja1996
13th July 2011, 11:16 AM
I always keep my starter of that game on me. For example on my White I started with Snivy, so I always have Serperior with me.

Axel
13th July 2011, 2:00 PM
I always keep my starter of that game on me. For example on my White I started with Snivy, so I always have Serperior with me.

Replace Snivy with Tepig and you have my answer. :P

With each generation and playthrough I strive to use Pokemon I never used before, so I don't have a species of Pokemon that stays on my team for every generation. If I had to choose, it would definitely be Nidoking.

Vulpix Master
13th July 2011, 2:01 PM
Porygon-Z. Only been deposited once or twice in the last 4-5 years.

TTNH03
13th July 2011, 2:10 PM
Gardevoir. Don't know why but I always have this Pokemon every game that its in.

arbiter7x
13th July 2011, 2:13 PM
Surf Chu for 3rd and 4th gen

My HGSS Surf-chu in Black, had to delete surf to port it over, but maxed out ATK and SpA IVs and Hidden Power Ice is too valuable, so I cloned it and ported.

mak867
13th July 2011, 2:20 PM
My sceptile. Had it with me since hoenn

pickledArbok
13th July 2011, 2:25 PM
It's usually Crobat, because it was the only flyer that I liked the look of but now I like Golurk, Thunderus and Volcorona better so he doesn't have a place on the team (sorry Crobat). I usually have my starter aswell.

kyogreblue3
13th July 2011, 3:33 PM
My starter in the game, and METAGROSS. Metagross is just so awesome I have to have him in every game! (well, the games past Ruby and Sapphire . . .)

Original151Rocks
13th July 2011, 3:35 PM
my first bred EV trained pokemon ever. My lucario. I bred for jolly then EV trained it to be a special sweeper. Aura Sphere rocks

Edit: not jolly The one that raises speed but lowers attack

Nikorasu
13th July 2011, 3:46 PM
Lopunny, as it reminds me of Dawn...R.I.P. DP!

Ausgirl
13th July 2011, 3:50 PM
Well in Black it's my Hydreigon.

misterdarvus
13th July 2011, 3:50 PM
Arceus, because it's the most highest level that I own, and I like watch it battle with wild pokemon and saying:"Oh, you just hurt a god! now prepare for revenge!"

Palkia98
13th July 2011, 3:51 PM
It switches between Tyranitar and Aggron, and Torterra, they are with me on every adventure since Diamond

asterat
13th July 2011, 3:58 PM
My first EVd pokemon, My wailmer... Don't ask I used to be dumb. But nor, thanks to eviolite I can use him for the first time ever! And I've had him for five years

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
13th July 2011, 4:03 PM
my blastoise is my best water type

jolteon27
13th July 2011, 5:07 PM
my username says it all JOLTEON and also my shiny dragon pulse lucario (vm me if u want a dragon pulse riolu egg)

TheAwesome128
13th July 2011, 5:23 PM
VICTINI!!! In Competitive Battling: Metagross, Milotic, or a shiny :P.

TheAmazingAndrew
13th July 2011, 5:24 PM
The second I got Turtwig, it stayed with me. Its only been in the PC when I was training other Pokemon(and, of course, Pokčtransfer...). My Mewtwo OT: MARCO is always with me too.

KuroiMawile
13th July 2011, 5:29 PM
I was carrying a skitty with me for the longest time (named Mah Skitty), but then this lovely blue pawniard appeared and so now I am forever with Pawniard.

Zoruagible
13th July 2011, 5:58 PM
I keep my Emboar and Reshiram with me.

arceus7
13th July 2011, 6:47 PM
serperior, lucario,salamence,garchomp,my shiny rayquaza,deino.

^ those guys

Gelatino95
13th July 2011, 8:14 PM
I always change up my teams when I play a new game, so I don't have any regulars.

Giblie
13th July 2011, 8:24 PM
My starter on each game except for my Pearl where I have Torterra instead of Empoleon, the one I chose at the beginning. And usually any Dragon-type to go along with my starter. I always carry my starter and a Dargon!

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~
13th July 2011, 8:24 PM
It is very common for me to have Crobat, or even Tyrantitar. I have had a Crobat in every gen since g/s/c. One in Crystal, Saphire, Pearl, Platinum, and Black.

kadabra spoon
13th July 2011, 8:29 PM
Alakazam is on every single team on every single game
it is unrivaled in battle plus its my personal favourite...

mew0099
13th July 2011, 9:28 PM
My Garchomp ;445; in my first slot . It knows great moves for catching Pokemon [ false swipe ~ ] but can also take down trainers .
I caught it in Diamond and since then it's travelled to a Pearl , a Platinum , two HeartGolds , a SoulSilver , a White , and is currently residing in my party in Black .

Gavrilo
13th July 2011, 10:55 PM
I always carry my beloved Pikachu with me.

Ballistic Buizel
14th July 2011, 12:15 AM
I always try to have any Haxorus with me :) Love those. Or a gligar.

BLPbrittany
14th July 2011, 12:32 AM
I kinda feel obligated to keep my started with me :P

ManhattanTheStarr
14th July 2011, 1:13 AM
My Pignite, atm. :>

Oshakpop
14th July 2011, 1:20 AM
To be honest I never have a certain Pokémon.. but I do usually have a certain general team when I'm looking for Pokémon or just going on a stroll :L

Strong Pokémon (Usually my highest levelled Pokémon, just incase)
Flying Pokémon (To fly of course)
Personal Preference (Whoever I feel like putting on my team)
Surf/Waterfall Slave (Usually just a random water Pokémon)
Further HM slave (One with stuff like Rock Smash ect.)
Backup strong Pokémon (Just incase things go wrong :L)

Felix_Hernandez
14th July 2011, 1:20 AM
kyurem, so i can fly whenever i want ;)

Gloryus
14th July 2011, 1:24 AM
The Normal/Flying pokes like Pidgeot, Fearow, Staraptor & Braviery. Got to have a Flyer.

Miss-Bashful
14th July 2011, 2:11 AM
Honestly, I breed just about everything, thus my Magcargo is always with me. xD It has an ability that cuts egg hatching time down in half. I've had one in every game since my Sapphire.

Another is usually Swellow. I managed to become absolutely attached to my swellow when I first played Sapphire, and now a Swellow is with me all the time, whether I'm hatching or training. I think I still have the one from my original Sapphire, even. =o

Jmk
14th July 2011, 2:18 AM
I always have a pokemon that knows fly...

allishinca
14th July 2011, 2:37 AM
I keep all of my Pokemon from every team I have ever had since Ruby/Sapphire so, while there are certain ones that I am fond of, there are SO MANY of them that it is hard to name a specific one.

I do normally have Rainbow Bridge (R. Bridge) My Togekiss for flying, (although I do have other fliers that I occasionally trade her out with) and Sir Molten my Marcargo for egg hatching, but otherwise the other members of my team is usually pretty randomly. It is usually whoever I feel like being with at the moment. Yesterday, I really wanted to train Irwin my Totodile, but today I'm going to play on the Dream World with Dandy Andy my Sandshrew.

It is hard to say with me, I can be so random!

Doctor Quark
14th July 2011, 2:47 AM
In my case, I carry my Shiny Bisharp named Checkmate with me most of the time, as well as my Eevee named Teach. Also, my Pidgeotto named Courier is one that I almost never go without, as he's my flyer. I've had him for a really long time, now.

manifesto
14th July 2011, 3:51 AM
Up until B/W I always had my Heracross and Electivire with me. I will always love my Hasty Heracross from my Ruby version, it's quite awesome. My Electivire has saved my butt on more than a few occasions and it has earned its right in my personal Hall Of Fame. Sadly, the two have been shifted into the box to probably never return because I am in love with the 5th gen pokemon...

Umbreon9
14th July 2011, 4:04 AM
I think this thread is one of those Postcount+1 threads for some people. :/
Anyway, until Black and White, I loved my Torterra, the first Pokemon I ever really used for a whole game, and the first I trained to Level 100. He can really kill if there isn't an Ice-Type around.
Then after Gen. 5, things changed. For some reason, after I beat Ghetis, my whole team was very under-leveled, including my starter. So I mainly use Volcarona, the first Pokemon I ever EV trained, and he's AMAZING. He saved my butt in a random matchup battle, against a non-EV trained team. They beat my other two Pokemon, so he had 3 Pokemon and I had 1. (My other two Pokemon weren't EV trained.) So, my Volcarona swept their whole team. Every last Pokemon. All in one hit. I feel sorry for that guy...

Drdj11
14th July 2011, 4:05 AM

Replace snivy with oshawott and you have my answer

Wild Dragonite
14th July 2011, 4:10 AM
A month ago, I would have said my party Pokemon.

Since depositing four of my six party in a vain attempt to get a shiny fossil, I now know which two stay with me: Gallade and Gardevoir. My team's set up in a way that I have a male and female 'partnered up', as in they work well in a double battle together. Gallade and Gardevoir are just my favorites, it seems.

venra77
14th July 2011, 4:36 AM
Shaymin or infernape

cannibaleyes
14th July 2011, 4:37 AM
At least one of my Chatots.

EDIT: Wait.. i thought this was asking what we carried around in-game, not what we fought with... In that case, idk. I used different pokemon all the time. However, I've always raised a Dragonite in every game since Yellow, in honor of my Dragonite in Yellow who was my first level 100. =)

DrasticPhase
14th July 2011, 5:21 AM
In my black,i ALWAYS have braviary in my team.
Why?he is my flier and i use him to keep on flying to striaton->Castelia->striaton for breeding and hatching eggs

fuyu-seetaa
14th July 2011, 5:27 AM
I always keep my Unfezant, Etienne, with me. The primary reason is she knows Fly, so she is useful to that, but also because she's the strongest Pokemon I have. I put her in the battle if the Pokemon I'm training is weak and so that they both get exp. Usually, when Pokemon I like reach lv. 60+, I stuff them into a box and, after I complete the Unova Pokedex, will pick from them to see which ones to take to the Pokemon Leage with me. I'll train them a little bit, of course.

If this post was too long: She knows Fly and the rest of my spaces are pretty much taken up with my eggs in an attempt to find shiny Panpour.

□□□□□
14th July 2011, 5:29 AM
I always keep something in my party that Dawn had, soo Mamoswine

thekorean
14th July 2011, 5:46 AM
My Bisharp. Useful in alot of situations except vs fighting types for obvious reasons.

Neeekamus Prime
14th July 2011, 6:10 AM
Rhydon since the gameboy color. He has always gotten me out of a jam.

Regiultima
14th July 2011, 6:13 AM
My party is pretty simple to understand:

1. Mewtwo- powerful and reliable special sweeper
2. Giratina/Zekrom- powerful and reliable physical sweeper
3. Ho-Oh- fire type atttacks, flyer
4. Ambipom- Pickup for new items
5. Empty slot or used to hold a pokemon that I will EV
6. See Slot 5

Not too hard, right?

Blazing
14th July 2011, 6:16 AM
infernape, charizard, and blaziken always have a place in my team. I dont really like emboar

Birds of Paradise
14th July 2011, 6:20 AM
I always have an arcanine in my party, no matter which game, though since I'm in the middle of the storyline of black and white I have not had a chance to put one in my team yet, but I will after I beat the E4 :P

StarlightUmbreon
14th July 2011, 8:17 PM
Espeon
Reliable, powerful, special sweeper, synchronize (modest), and its my favorite pokemon in general ^_^

Nibbles4Ever
14th July 2011, 8:19 PM
I always have my starter with me. It just doesn't feel right without it.

Valkyrie Cain
14th July 2011, 8:22 PM
My Shiny Pikachu with Volt Tackle.
I've had it since R/S/E/and then migrated to D/P/PT Then traded to HG/SS then Pokétransfered over to B/W its now lv.100!

Lance The Champ
14th July 2011, 8:41 PM
I have Salamence almost all the time...

jacksonm
14th July 2011, 8:42 PM
Arcanine over here. :)

Abstinence Pistols
14th July 2011, 8:45 PM
My Manaphy that I've raised since a week after Diamond's release. I love it.

zoroark77
14th July 2011, 8:52 PM
Ive always kept my Venasaur that i got from a link trade its level 87 now

Crazy Wailord
14th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Probably Arcanine.I've loved them ever since I saw one on the anime when I was about 5.

Lugia 88
15th July 2011, 2:51 AM
I say Lugia, Ho-oh and Salamence, Lugia and Ho-Oh has been in my party since the original silver; However, until Colosseum and XD gale of darkness I could not have them in my party. So Latios and Latias took their places.

JLaw72
15th July 2011, 5:43 AM
Garchomp. I have freaking loved that thing since I first encountered one before I even knew people competitively battled, what the crap EV's were, and that Serebii was a thing. It was the purest form of Poke playing where each evolution was exciting. I remember when Gabite evolved I was all 0_0 and he has been on my team ever since.

fire_man
15th July 2011, 6:44 AM
Charizard because it's my favorite poke and knows fly

Couldnt agree more:)

Blazing
15th July 2011, 6:50 AM
Charizard is really good, even if he has a 4 times weakness to rock, he is immune to all ground type moves and and takes only 1/4 damage from grass types. HE gets STAB from fly so that is great.

Skydra
15th July 2011, 6:52 AM
My level 100 Sceptile. Not quite "always" in my team, but whenever I'm trying to catch Pokemon, it's a reliable companion, and of course destroys whatever gets in my way. Fast too, guaranteed escape from any wild Pokemon. RSE starters are the best.

NeosKing
15th July 2011, 7:18 AM
Gengar, its my best Sweeper. And Vaporeon because its awesome, and a surfer.

Grei
15th July 2011, 9:56 AM
My Samurott rarely ever leaves my party. Same with my Zekrom. And Braviary (due to needing to be able to Fly around).

Katja
15th July 2011, 11:26 AM
My Blastoise, Matele. I've had a Blastoise in my party in every gen, but been transferring good ol' Matele from game to game since FireRed version. :)

lucario44444444
15th July 2011, 1:43 PM
My arceus, I love it

Bigdog294
15th July 2011, 3:16 PM
For me it would be my lvl zapdos i use because i already screwed his evs, now he faints stuff for ev traning

BIGJRA
15th July 2011, 5:28 PM
I always use rayquaza. he rules. Had em since emerald.

Atome
15th July 2011, 5:47 PM
Well, I have my Jolteon, Sentou who has been from Fire Red now to White. And then there is Blaze, my shiny Arcanine <33

McIntyre
15th July 2011, 6:09 PM
Starmie. Somehow, someway, I always find myself with a Starmie on my team whether I actively search for one or not. A different Starmie in every game, but still.

Plat. Frontier
15th July 2011, 6:10 PM
I always carry my current team, which is Samurott, Victini, Pikachu, Flygon, Gallade, and Mantine.

Moneyy
15th July 2011, 8:41 PM
For B/W: My starter. Even though I hate Emboar, he is still my starter. Also Zekrom since he fought N's Reshiram, an important moment in the story.

Every Generation: Salamence since Ruby, and Garchomp since Pearl.

Generator-X
15th July 2011, 8:46 PM
I always carry around my Archeops. Acrobatics with pretty high attack power will take down almost every in-game pokemon in just a flash.

The Eleventh
15th July 2011, 9:02 PM
Since this is in the Black and White sub-forum, then I'm choosing from my White team. I always have my Watchog and Honchkrow with me, and usually have my Chandelure and Samurott.

Noturnbak
15th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Gardevoir. That is my favorite pokemon and I have been having this pokemon with me since the start of my Esmerald Game. :D

Cometstarlight
15th July 2011, 11:11 PM
I don't really have a specific pokemon, but I always keep my starter with me

Lorde
15th July 2011, 11:15 PM
I carry my main team most of the time. It includes Serperior, Simipour, Zoroark, Zebstrika, Darmanitan and Swoobat. When I'm training Pokemon, I'll usually deposit some of my main Pokemon, but I tend to keep Swoobat in my roster since it can use Fly.

pokemon1996
15th July 2011, 11:47 PM
I always have lucario and haxorus.

D*N
16th July 2011, 12:47 AM
First I always carried my starter.... but since my rotation team and serperior not being always usefull ... it changed.
Now I totally love togekiss, and I think I wil carry it a lot of times with me.

The Golux
16th July 2011, 9:15 AM
I almost always have a Kabutops as a water HM user... my flyer has varied.

SoulSilverMstr411
16th July 2011, 11:54 AM
My Starter, my Flyer, my RockSmasher/Strengther/RockCilmber and my Surfer/Whirlpooler/Waterfaller.

Aquarelle
16th July 2011, 12:02 PM
I don't have a particular Pokemon that has always been on my team, but I always carry my Surfer with me, which would be Starmie on Black and Simipour on White.

Haru Glory
16th July 2011, 1:35 PM
My usual team is:

- Samurott Lv. 100
- Volcarona Lv. 100 (Fly and Egg hatcher)
- Jellicent Lv. 40 (Flash, Surf, Waterfall, Dive)

The remaining spaces are for Eggs or low level Pokčs to train.

~Starlight~
16th July 2011, 3:21 PM
Normally Charizard and/or Lucario.

Sbouto
16th July 2011, 5:16 PM
Right now it's zoroark, hydreigon and haxorus, but before it was always latios, articuno, and shiny tyranitar, although my favorite pokemon is suicune

SapphireMemories
16th July 2011, 5:33 PM
Samurott, Serperior and Braviary.

Lucky wish
16th July 2011, 5:54 PM
I always have a Manetric and Electrike.
Manetric- For battling
Electrike- My little sidekick

WynautQueen
16th July 2011, 6:04 PM
Gryphon the Braviary, who is my flyer. :)

Solfatara
17th July 2011, 12:32 AM
I guess Volcarona is on top of the list, as I do a lot of breeding, and it has both Flame Body and can learn fly. Extremely practical.

v1rus
17th July 2011, 2:34 AM
I always have Tyranitar with me. I've had a Tyranitar in my party since 2001, when I got my first Tyranitar.

needsalimegreenespeon
17th July 2011, 3:03 AM
My turn! As my name suggests, I always carry an Espeon. I am working on a Shiny Eevee, so I can make an Espeon that properly fits my name. Did I mention it has to be Female?
My regular Espeon has been with me since FireRed came out, and when I got it from the man in Celadon, it was a girl! ^^ So, she's my baby.

That is... until I get my shiny!

Snivylover555
17th July 2011, 3:05 AM
Well by my name you can tell I always carry Snivy, Servine, and Serperior in my pack. When I picked my first starter it was a female! I wasn't even trying. Right now I'm raising up a female shiny Snivy. Beat that!

T.W.I.
17th July 2011, 10:11 AM
Dragonite. On days where I'm not playing random wifi double battles I replace his Protect with Fly to get around.

Kalosian
17th July 2011, 7:57 PM
For the last weeks, I have always had my two Chatots on my team, the main reason being that their recorded Chatter would be reset if I were to put them in my PC, and since the mic on my DS is not working very good, I am not taking that risk.

Iris Mist
17th July 2011, 8:22 PM
The starter I picked in the game, and Pikachu or Pachirisu. They are my electrifying pokemon.

Waterlover711
17th July 2011, 9:23 PM
mine is dragoite for the fact that it was in practically every game and it can know HMs which come in handy during the games also for the fact that it is a pretty strong pokemon for the fact that it is not a legendary

ObnoxiousGiraffe
17th July 2011, 9:43 PM
I always have my starter, and I generally nickname something that's special or interesting to me at the time.
For my White game, I have Yugi the Samurott. And I also have a Heracross on my team.

Hubous
17th July 2011, 9:44 PM
My starter, a flyer and whatever dragon type I have at the time.

Snar
17th July 2011, 9:49 PM
Unfeazent so I can fly between the daycare center and the IV judge.

Grey Wind
17th July 2011, 9:50 PM
In White, I usually have my Samurott with me since he's my starter, although I sometime make a reserve team, or just use my Hoenn team.

ChrishMC
18th July 2011, 3:32 AM
Walrein and Milotic.. My lovers.

Speedy Chikorita
18th July 2011, 3:48 AM
I always have at least one Pokemon that does all the HM moves lol
The rest of my Pokemon changes from time to time

thegreenwanderer
18th July 2011, 11:58 AM
Darmanitan and alakazam , my favourite pokemon from first and fifth gen.

Absol trainer
18th July 2011, 2:30 PM
Ducklett, for fly and surf.

Volcaronick
18th July 2011, 3:08 PM
Whoever my starter is.

18th July 2011, 3:18 PM
Emerald - Blaziken and Ludicolo, my original two best powerhouses.
Diamond - Toxicroak, because he's a boss.
Platinum - Houndoom and Vaporeon, best pokemon ever.
White - Golurk and Whimsicott, Golurk rapes things, Whimsocott teases things.

GalladeX
18th July 2011, 4:55 PM
i never put my starter in the box.
it just doesn't feel right.

thrine
18th July 2011, 6:26 PM
I used a Furret in Gold/Silver and also a bird that flew but I can't remember which one... :(

In Black, I use L70-something Sigilyph w/Fly and my L100 Sawk because I accidentally left them out one night and they got over Pokerus. I have to make sure I "tuck in" everyone else before they lose the Pokerus! :D

thejt
18th July 2011, 6:27 PM
Ducklett, for fly and surf.
Exactly. Yep. I <3 my Lv 100 Ducklett. Swanna is dumb.

SnugNBouncy
18th July 2011, 6:32 PM
I always carry my Shiny Pikachu Mimsy with me. I caught him the day before my birthday this year as a pichu in the trophy garden (with the Pokeradar) and have been traveling around with him ever since. He is now my favorite Pokemon.

letmethink
18th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Espeon. Any espeon. I bred my espeon 7 times and raised a team of eeveelutions and now I can't take them all with me, let alone fly. :(
But Eifi is always with me. :)

arceus7
18th July 2011, 10:50 PM
If your making a team of eeveeloutions the only members your need are

jolteon(lead+baton passer)
vaporeon(bulky water type defensor)
umbreon(staller)
espeon(sp sweeper)
leafeon(pys sweeper)

glaceon is useless out of a hail team and flareon has a craptastic move pool

thegreenwanderer
18th July 2011, 10:54 PM
If your making a team of eeveeloutions the only members your need are

jolteon(lead+baton passer)
vaporeon(bulky water type defensor)
umbreon(staller)
espeon(sp sweeper)
leafeon(pys sweeper)

glaceon is useless out of a hail team and flareon has a craptastic move pool

I used to think flareon was cool.Derp.

Smokey_d
19th July 2011, 1:02 AM
Charizard would never leave, from gen 1 to 5 i always have one in my team somewhere. I don't like taking them away from their home so i always breed a charmander and then transfer it.

Zoroark4873
19th July 2011, 1:47 AM
Rayquazza!!!!!

19th July 2011, 2:48 AM
Oh and also i've recently discovered the joys of Derpfisk

Cosmic Fury
19th July 2011, 2:59 AM
I have never known how bada-- Weavile is until I got a Shiny one and EV-trained it...

There will be ALWAYS either that Shiny Weavile or my [future] Shiny Tyranitar in my team, no exceptions. :D

KittyKitty3308
19th July 2011, 4:42 AM
I normally carry a Togekiss with me. Also, I have always kept my starter with me, except in White. I chose Snivy and put its final evolution in the box at level 40 something. I did feel a little guilty about that though. Oh and Machamp, its my HM b****. :)

Darkseeker
19th July 2011, 5:06 AM
In past games, I always carried azumarril, that guy and I had many memories, we beat many elite fours... and he got old I brought him to unova but lately empoleon had been taking his rightful place....

pichu1234
19th July 2011, 6:53 AM
My starters! They are te first Pokemon I get in the game and help me out the most!

Ace Of Keys
19th July 2011, 7:01 AM
starters and Starmie. Theres something mysterious about it that i just love. that and after hearing about boltbeam i fell in love even more

Meowth City
19th July 2011, 2:23 PM
I always carry around Pokemon who know Fly and Surf, as it makes travelling a lot easier.

SmartD
19th July 2011, 2:56 PM
I always carry my starters and Pokemon that know Surf and Fly.

JD
19th July 2011, 8:01 PM
Usually I have my Samurott and my Braviary with me since Samurott is my starter Pokemon and Braviary knows fly. Sometimes I carry my Zoroark with me too but that's only when I'm planning on battling someone.

KantoMasta
19th July 2011, 8:26 PM
I used to always have a butterfree, but i have Deerling/Sawsbuck with me at all times now.

CaptainCombusken
19th July 2011, 8:27 PM
It tends to rotate a little. I don't usually have one Pokemon around at all times because I'm constantly training new ones. I tend to keep one high level one so I can do this, but it's not often the same Pokemon all the time.

Most often, Blaze, my Blaizken, with an Epic Moveset of Blaze Kick/Hi Jump Kick/Earthquake/Acrobatics. Otto, my Samurott and Starter, often pokes his head.

Oh, and I always have something that knows fly. Currently it's Blimp, my Driftblim. But i often switch around what flyers I use.

AquaRegisteel
19th July 2011, 8:49 PM
^This.

I always keep Volcarona on my team as it can Fly, has Flame Body and is great.

Nitemare
19th July 2011, 9:03 PM
Hmm for me it has to be Blaziken, ever since sapphire, no matter what i always managed to keep at least 1 spot open for him, the first fire/fight type who has strong attacks and a impressive movepool

Primavera
19th July 2011, 9:25 PM
I always seem to have a Togekiss in my party. :3

My team has always revolved around the Fire/Grass/Water-type core.

munnafn22
19th July 2011, 10:31 PM
I always carry Serperior with me.

Ghost Elite Ryuichi
19th July 2011, 11:48 PM
I always have my Gengar in my team, no matter what gen I'm playing, I always have my trusty Gengar in my team! :609:

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 11:54 PM
Ever since starting my Pkmn White last week, I never let my Gamagaru or Hitomoshi leave my party.

I like them a bit more than my starter.

Tiranoua
20th July 2011, 1:50 AM
My Lapras and my Mandibuzz :3
They are my beloved, my strongest aaaaand i need to fly and surf a lot...
But my main team always seem to build around them!

tibrado
20th July 2011, 2:33 AM
Post elite 4 on B/W, I went back and played Pearl for the first time, my starting team had a Scizor and a Tyranitar, once beating Pearl with them around 50. I transferred them to B/W and they haven't left my side. They're both at lvl 100 now and do all the post game things with me.

TDawg
20th July 2011, 2:38 AM
ever since i caught volcarona its just stays with me. but its mainly my fly slave:P

Shinymoonumbreon
20th July 2011, 4:40 AM
1st gen - Dragonite/Gyarados
2nd gen- Typloshion/Umbreon/Espeon/Scizor
3rd gen- Blazkien/Breloom/Gardivour/Aggron/Flygon/Salamence/Metagross
4th gen- Infernape/Honchkrow/Staraptor/Lucario/Luxray/Electivire/Weavile/Gallade
5th gen- Haxorus and/Or Sawsbuck/Samurott

They've all been transfered to white. so i can use them all :(

ishot_JT
20th July 2011, 8:09 AM
Definitely my Gengar, he pretty much comes in handy... well next to him >> ;491;

Blackjack the Titan
20th July 2011, 6:34 PM
HG it was honchkrow and Black it was Hydreigon after Emboar.

pokemon player
20th July 2011, 6:37 PM
Any Dragon type, specifically Flygon or Dragonite, and Scizor.

hawkeye721
20th July 2011, 6:40 PM
my victini ALLWAYS is on my team i dont care if it might be uber

Porgon-XYZ
20th July 2011, 6:42 PM
1st gen: Charizard, Wigglytuff, and Mew(blue version/mew glitch FTW)
2nd gen: Typhlosion
3rd gen: Swampert, Gardevoir, Swellow, Slaking, Medicham
4th gen: Empoleon, Floatzel, Porygon-Z, Weavile
5th gen: Zoroark, Victini, Haxorus, Stunfisk(yes, derpfisk)

jammiedodger1
20th July 2011, 6:56 PM
1st gen YELLOW - i had a lvl 100 nidoking which was my only pokemon and also my HM slave although i was like 8 and didnt know any better but he was lvl 100 and beat my friends (pikachu was dumped into pc at first oppertunity and i never got starters

2nd gen SILVER- i dont know this was like a decade ago
3rd gen .. i had my dream team of Kanto starters and others -charizard (Chaz) Lapras (Lynx) and a snorlax and some slave
4th gen .. had a dragonite which is my flying slave which got to lvl 88
5th gen this same dragonite is fly slave and now lvl 100 (bodyguard type). I also have a slave lvl 100 Garchomp with false swipe to help catch pokemon

also have a volcanorola who i use for flame body to hatch eggs ( i have around 20 lvl 100 pokes now, 14 ev trained and 8 of whihc have been breed very selectivly for decent IVs)

Agonist
20th July 2011, 9:08 PM
I generally have something that knows surf and fly, but rarely do I constantly have a certain pokemon with me.

angelicdiablo264
20th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Well on Black Serperior has become one of my favorites of all time. Usually my starter but once I catch a legend I always have the legend of the game and the starter of the game.

Master_of_grass
21st July 2011, 1:13 AM
Zoroark, My Shiny lvl 100 Oshawott and both my lvl 100 Scraggy and Swaddle

pokemario24
21st July 2011, 1:25 AM
Swanna since I usually need to fly to places at times.

Adeku
21st July 2011, 1:28 AM
My starter and my flier are always with me. If I'm MMing on my Black version, I always have a Volcarona on my team for Flame Body.

The PunisheЯ
21st July 2011, 1:30 AM
my salamence.

Chimichurro
21st July 2011, 2:15 AM
Misdreavus :) Also, I usually carry Crobat and Chansey, and my starter is ALWAYS switched. Except Meganium, cause she was amazing to me :)

nikkissippi121
21st July 2011, 3:16 AM
I always, always, always have my starter unless I'm breeding it - and even then, I only go into the town near the Daycare and then back - I don't like being away from it. I also tend to have a favorite I find in every game, and I always keep that one on me.

KickAsh
21st July 2011, 3:31 AM
Gallade.
I first got in HeartGold, then I transferred it to Black, and I fully intend to transfer it to all future games.

DragonMaster26
21st July 2011, 3:35 AM
zekrom starting in my first run of pokemon white, im on my 8th restarted game!
but i have had my blastoise since fire red

Prankstar 73
21st July 2011, 4:42 AM
I really only have one I usually keep with me in-game:

Gen 1: dragonite
Gen 2: Ursaring
Gen 3: Blaziken (only starter I have ever really used.)
Gen 4: Ambipom, Lucario
Gen 5: Darmanitan

Of course, post game, that one is Ambipom.
Ambipom.....I loves you.

LordLati
21st July 2011, 5:25 AM
r/b/y - I always had a Blastoise on my team
g/s/c - Espeon
After gen 3 I've always kept a Latios on my teams (the non-competitive ones). I also keep a Kyorge and a new Blastoise around.

So... short answer: Blastoise and Latios...

On a side note Kyogre can ohko every pokemon that has been on every elite four barring the Bronzong in this generation and hence was good for experience farming.

Arceus94
21st July 2011, 12:27 PM
My teams ends up pretty random, as i switch members almost all the time. But i would NEVER switch out my beautiful Hydreigon. I love that demonic bastard <3 Also, i tend to have Chandelure in my party for fast sweeping with Nitro Charge followed by Overheat, Shadow Ball or getting scuicidal with Curse. My Hydreigon have the egg moves Dark Pulse and Ice Fang, which makes her so personal to me xD I always make my pokemon personal with either a different move, or a Nicname etc. But back to the point: I pretty much always have Hydreigon and Chandelure on my team, and it would no be the same without them <3

Wow.. that was a lot of text for one game... Before Black and White, I always. ALWAYS kept my Dragonbreath-using, shiny Kingdra. I got him from an Egg from my friend about 4-5 years ago, and when it hatched into a shiny, he just went: "Awww, i want one too". And since that day, Kingdra has been with me :3 (Well, that sounded rather dramatic) He's now at lv. 100 on my Platinum. I don't want to transfer him to White, since i don't play it so often.

Blu Dragonair
21st July 2011, 3:56 PM
For me, it is Lugia.

Blitz Lucario
21st July 2011, 8:00 PM
For me I usually carry my Samurott with me. It was my starter and I love the way it looks and its move set is pretty awesome.

AzukanAsimbu
21st July 2011, 8:10 PM
My Sceptile Smashy, who was my first lvl 100 and my first Emerald starter

My Gorebyss because my friend and I each got one of the Clamperl evo's and he saw my Gorebyss and was like," Haha you got the girly one." Well now its lvl 100 and one of my favorite Pokemon

My 2 Honchkrows because i love Honchkrows and they know Fly

Archeops because it knows Fly

and my Lilligant. I love that thing

SnugNBouncy
21st July 2011, 9:05 PM
My Sceptile Smashy, who was my first lvl 100 and my first Emerald starter

My Gorebyss because my friend and I each got one of the Clamperl evo's and he saw my Gorebyss and was like," Haha you got the girly one." Well now its lvl 100 and one of my favorite Pokemon

My 2 Honchkrows because i love Honchkrows and they know Fly

Archeops because it knows Fly

and my Lilligant. I love that thing

Thats awesome! I still have my first Sapphire starter Sceptile named Leafy :)

Kansas_Rocks!
21st July 2011, 9:44 PM
I almost always have a charizard and one pokemon from each legend trio with me. On black, I also always have volcarona because it is my flyer

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 10:51 PM
Lately my Escavalier, EV trained in HP and ATT, is always with me, his high attack and False Swipe are good tools for catching low level pokemon.

Sam2010
22nd July 2011, 2:08 AM
I think the pokemon I usually have with me is Lapras. :)

feathergreen
22nd July 2011, 2:15 AM
I have whatevers strong in the last slot in my party, and the weaker ones up front. so in unova i have samurott.

jstinftw!
22nd July 2011, 3:55 AM
I usually keep my starter Pokemon with me. He's my starter, the first Pokemon in the game I had. Switching it out would be like Ash leaving Pikachu with the Professors.

I can't even EV train my Emboar, because I didn't know how to EV train until after I had beaten Ghetsis, but I don't want to restart because I'm connected to the Dream World. And I can't bring myself to replace him with even his egg. So I have a team of four EV trained Pokemon and two non-EV trained ones.

Victoria
22nd July 2011, 7:18 AM
1st Gen - Clefairy
2nd Gen - Lanturn
3rd Gen - Milotic
4th Gen - Empoleon
5th Gen - Ducklett

Gligari
22nd July 2011, 7:38 AM
I havent had one for a while. I guess now topside my kabutops can be. Ive dreamt of a shiny kabutops for years and i got one in 1 eggs. Im so happy. But ive had alot. OMFG level 100 pigeot in yellow version.

Gelatini Jejunator
22nd July 2011, 9:16 AM
My Tornadus, for it can Fly me wherever I want. ;o Then I keep a random assortment of the Pokemon I'm training.

DarumakkaImposter
22nd July 2011, 11:01 AM
Samurott or Weavile.

Pokemonfangrl
22nd July 2011, 11:32 AM
Typhlosion. My first pokemon and its level 98 :D

SO CLOSE to level 100 :/

DarumakkaImposter
22nd July 2011, 11:38 AM
Battle the E4. XD I also carry a Crobat that I found in shaking grass on my japanese white version.

ZoRk
22nd July 2011, 11:41 AM
My Swanna, so i can use both surf and fly.

PopPrincess_Lyra
22nd July 2011, 11:54 AM
If I'm MMing, I carry me a Magby
If I need to catch Pokee, I'll get me a Farfetch'd and Dewott, nya

For money and ExP sharing..Meowth xD

PokeGyms
22nd July 2011, 1:12 PM
Suicune and Zoroark.

Lezrix
22nd July 2011, 4:14 PM
My precious babies Banette and Ninetales.

TrueSerperior
22nd July 2011, 4:55 PM
Infernape and Serperior.

Mr. Sandman
22nd July 2011, 6:01 PM
My Vaporeon, mainly for surfing purposes.

Kuraikarasu
22nd July 2011, 9:35 PM
my haxorus and my togekiss from SS so much hax

TheEpicGoomba
22nd July 2011, 9:38 PM
I don't always carry them around but if there accessible I like to have an Eeveelution on my team.

Mister Melancholy
23rd July 2011, 6:51 AM
I usually have my regional starter and flyer at all times across every game (except for White where I lacked a Pokemon that could learn fly). Besides that, I almost always need a Togekiss in my team, and not for flying. I've only ever had one Togekiss with Fly.

Farfan
23rd July 2011, 7:37 AM
I always have a HM hydreigon slave that i got from a trade, it's lvl 68

The Red Thunder
23rd July 2011, 11:19 AM
I don't always carry them with me, but they're always in whatever game I'm currently playing in.

I always use a Japanese Ditto named メタモン (which is it's Japanese name, Metamon) for breeding. I've had the same one with me for years. Second is a Lv. 1 Slugma named Hatcher; I'll bet you can't guess why I have it.

Third is a Gallade named Catcher. His moveset is designed specifically for enabling him to catch Pokemon, but does NOT allow him to kill them. False Swipe / Hypnosis / Thunder Wave / Mean Look. Using him, I've caught more Pokemon than I can even count, although several of them were Trade Fodder. To get him, I used the move calculator to determine what Pokemon were capable of learning all four. Originally, I was going to use a Smeargle for it, but changed my mind when I saw that Gallade was capable. So, I passed on the Egg Move Mean Look onto a male Ralts, leveled him to 50 as a Kirlia to get Hypnosis (in Fourth Gen), evolved it into Gallade, and taught him False Swipe and Thunder Wave via TMs. I used the very same one to catch ALL of the legendary Pokemon in both Black and White, including Landorous and the non-legendary Volcarona.

My fourth one is a Smeargle that I've affectionately named "TM Slave". He serves quite nicely. His basic gimmick is to use the various useful Out-of-combat moves. Moves like Sweet Scent, Flash, Dig, and Teleport.

Last two are the same HM Slaves that I've used in various games. Skarmory and Bibarel who, between the two of them, have always been capable of learning all the HM moves. Honestly, I have grown quite fond of these two, despite their demeaning names. I loathe the day when I honestly have to get rid of them. In fact, my Skarmory is nearly always in my party along with Catcher.

Paradoxe
23rd July 2011, 11:21 AM
I recently got a shiny Lv. 100 Reuniclus from a friend. By my side at all times.

RoySceptile
23rd July 2011, 4:48 PM
Well my starter and two or three of my favorite pokemon

BossTrainer
23rd July 2011, 6:54 PM
My Rayquaza of coarse. He has all my HM's.

O-r-e-o
23rd July 2011, 7:41 PM
I almost always end up training an espeon in my games. I got my first espeon in my first pokemon game (gold version), and its been my favorite pokemon ever since then. For the sake of doing something different I tried not to train one in my white version. Then I ended up getting a DW eevee and couldn't resist training one with the magic bounce ability.

Mew-100
24th July 2011, 5:28 PM
My Shiny Crobat has never left my party EVER in the games it's been in. From when I caught it as a Zubat in Ruby, to when I transferred it to Pearl, then Platinum, SoulSilver and now it sits forever in my White party. (Mainly because it's my Flyer, but y'know ;))

Icing Sugar
24th July 2011, 6:57 PM
I always have different Pokémon with me, but if I had to choose one, I'd have my Dragonite <3

Miar
24th July 2011, 7:15 PM
Always a high-level surfer and flier, and oftentimes one of my other final team Pokémon. For instance, in Platinum, Diamant the Torterra. In White, Miar the Victini.

Zenotwapal
24th July 2011, 7:31 PM
Charizard you mo'fos.

I have like 7 of them i alternate everytime i play.

King Lawliet
24th July 2011, 9:37 PM
Whatever is my flier and surfer and can be used to catch Pokémon if need be.

In my Black file this role is performed by my Wonder Guard Mew who has False Swipe, Spore, Fly and Surf. Very useful for me to travel with

MetalLion
24th July 2011, 9:47 PM
Crobat, I always loved the way he looks since I was a child, that and for the fact that I need a good pokemon that can learn fly.

acetrainerdov
25th July 2011, 1:11 AM
my starter poke

Kibagos
25th July 2011, 2:42 AM
My cute little Axew :'D

oriclion
28th July 2011, 1:09 AM
thanks for the replies everyone! ;) keep showing me your favorite pokes!

NeohopeSTF
28th July 2011, 1:14 AM
Sawsbuck and Crustle

coolioness
28th July 2011, 1:17 AM
my Gengar, had him for a while, does great to train in E4, and of course. SLOWBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its only on lv. 50 tho. :(

servine
28th July 2011, 1:17 AM
i would say unfezant and simipour.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
28th July 2011, 1:19 AM
1. Samurott
2. Darmanitan
3. Excadrill

And a Fly slave is usually there too.

oriclion
29th July 2011, 7:53 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I also use Meganium A LOT! lol

lucarioisawesome
29th July 2011, 11:30 AM
meh mence! Had it back in the good 'ol emerald days.
There is even one on my PO team.

Mew_is_awesome
29th July 2011, 3:49 PM
Tyratinar since pokemon silver

blazingben
29th July 2011, 5:09 PM
Kingler is on my team ever since blue hč was my first lvl 100 and he is my altime fav

thundershock1
29th July 2011, 5:27 PM
Well in Black it's my Hydreigon.

Same here! I always have my Hydreigon with me! It's Level 84! :)

grayzoroark
29th July 2011, 7:29 PM
i have to say i almost always have a gyarados or a absol. altough they are overrated i still love them. not to mention skarmory

Killarflame
29th July 2011, 7:30 PM
If possible an umbreon or pidgeott
If your only counting gen V, then my trusty Swoobat, Bowser

grayzoroark
29th July 2011, 7:31 PM
in black though i always have zoroark i raised him from lvl 10 to 100 ( no cheating!) and my hydriegon lvl 81

Teebird
29th July 2011, 7:40 PM
Usually my Bisharp Damiann. She's level 75 right now, and she can whipe out all E4 members besides Marshal and Alder. Not to mention everyone in the domes. So she's really handy for training my other Pokemon too.

dainswfc
29th July 2011, 11:38 PM
usally its whatever i catch first and then either a arcanine or scizor but in white i just have two that i use a lot mainly my level 89 metagross and level 78 hydreigon

Gelatino95
29th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Usually, when I'm planning on training pokemon just for fun or to EV train, I take two other pokemon along with it: a flying pokemon and a surfing pokemon, so that I have mostly full accessibility to areas around the region. I don't have those pokemon yet in my White, so I just use Slippy (seismitoad) and Broodonkus (archeops) from my party. I'm planning on using Swampert to surf on and Golurk to fly on. I was MMing for a shiny Trapinch for a while so I could fly on shiny Flygon, but that got boring and I decided that Golurk would look so much cooler if I were flying on it.

SphealsFTW
30th July 2011, 12:27 AM
Usually Swoobat. I need it for Fly.

servine
30th July 2011, 12:31 AM
Usually Swoobat. I need it for Fly.
same here! i use my unfezant for fly and simipour for surf, waterfall and all kinds of things.

PokemonTrainerKaden
30th July 2011, 9:35 AM
My Infernape. Not differed ones either I carry the very one that Rowan gave me in my first pokemon game ever.

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
30th July 2011, 9:38 AM
Any pokemon that can use fly, so I can get to places quicker! ;)

WhiteWizard42
30th July 2011, 9:56 AM
Volcarona. It makes my eggs hatch faster and it flies me around. What more could I ask?

keaki17
30th July 2011, 10:03 AM
Raised my Blaziken since Sapphire came out, been on my team since, Love her!

RaichuArcanine
30th July 2011, 10:19 AM
A Raichu. It's a must have for any team.

~RaichuArcanine~

Pkmn Trainer Porter
30th July 2011, 5:32 PM
mine has to be typloshin

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 7:19 PM
Mine is my signature - Electivire

lexigurl97
30th July 2011, 7:34 PM
In every game, the pokemon I always keep with me is a flying pokemon. I'll randomly get a weak bird like wingull or chatot, teach it fly, and randomly keep it in my party. And I always keep my starter pokemon

Magcargo96
30th July 2011, 11:31 PM
My awesome Chandelure. It's my proud and joy thanks to it's great IV's, so I always have it with me.

The Oncoming Storm
30th July 2011, 11:34 PM
I dont this gen but when I was playing plat with torterra it didnt go into my boxes till the battle frontier.

Roxas013
31st July 2011, 7:41 AM
i always keep my starter with me at all times

shinehunter
31st July 2011, 10:19 AM
Mine are my lv100 Samurott , lv100 Bravairy and my curnetly in training shiny Krokdile thats cunnretly at lv79

FluffyHoundour
31st July 2011, 5:15 PM
I always have a Houndoom someway in my party.

~Silver Aura~
31st July 2011, 7:15 PM
In my pokemon White it's Pansage. The little guy never left my party since I got him. lol He's just too cute!

Kyogre Master
31st July 2011, 7:28 PM
There's no Pokemon I always have with me, but there are a couple that I keep with me way more than others.

In Black I always have Sigilyph with me unless I'm breeding. Then it's Magmorter.
Similarly, in White I always have Braviary with me unless I'm breeding. Then it's Volcarona.

VDVGRU
31st July 2011, 7:36 PM
Mine would have to be my Alakazam. I've had the same one since I first played through Fire Red about 7 years ago. He doesn't have the ideal nature + Sp Atk - Spd (Obviously it's the speed I'm concerned about) but I can't bring myself to breed another. He's gotten me through so many trouble spots in this series of games it's ridiculous.

JellyRuler
1st August 2011, 7:11 AM
Dragonite. All the way. ;149;

de_darkrai
1st August 2011, 7:17 AM
Larvesta, since I'm breeding nao XD

emogirl
1st August 2011, 7:38 AM
I always keep my starter with me. :S I have never left my starter out of my team on any game for any reason.

T-Parcel
1st August 2011, 2:18 PM
Archeops <3

XxXCourierXxX
1st August 2011, 2:52 PM
Samurott, Chandelure, Unfezant, Zekrom, and Kyurem. i haven't found a good enough grass or fighting or something like that to balance :|

Ironbiterknight
1st August 2011, 4:58 PM
Well, over the amount of time i've been playing pokemon (up until now) I always have my starter, a 3 stage evolution bird, a 3 stage evolution psychic of some description and generally just as many 3 stage evolutions as I can carry :)

Silent Conversation
1st August 2011, 5:21 PM
I haven't kept one Pokemon with me throughout the entire game because after I beat the rematch E4 with my Black team, I brought over my SS team to train them, so nobody from my Black team was still in my party.

Wild Dragonite
1st August 2011, 5:25 PM
As of right now, the only two Pokemon I carry with me come from the same evolution line: Gardevoir and Gallade. It's highly likely that they're going to stay with me for a while...

Oh, and also Blaziken.

herooftime3333@gmail.com
1st August 2011, 5:29 PM
Darkrai, ever since I got him and he has been with me in all my games except Ruby & Emerald.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st August 2011, 7:41 PM
My Emboar and Dewgong.

UltimateKyurem
2nd August 2011, 9:03 AM
On HG, it was my Raichu, but in White, it's usually Golurk or Kyurem

Yunidus
2nd August 2011, 2:46 PM
Since yellow, Vaporeon has been my loyal servant.

firemaster13
2nd August 2011, 2:53 PM
i carry gyarados in all gens

SnugNBouncy
3rd August 2011, 4:38 PM
Always carry my shiny pikachu Mimsy with me! but lately, musharna has found its way onto my permanent team as well.

Quagsireking
3rd August 2011, 10:00 PM
Charizard Without a doubt I have one in everygen from 3rd on

espeon7
4th August 2011, 2:05 AM
Mine is Espeon (hence my user name), but I usually have Gengar also.