PDA

View Full Version : Emerald semi-competitive team

spuds4ever
18th July 2011, 1:58 PM
Hi, all. I'll be getting emerald again as my old one broke :/ so this is the team I plan to make as I advance through the game and eventually the battle frontier. I'm probably not going to EV train but suggestions are appreciated in case I decide to re-breed and EV train them if I find a competitive opponent.

Here it is:

Ludicolo ;272; @leftovers
Rain dish
Calm

Leech seed
Rain dance
Surf/Dive
Ice beam/toxic

Pretty typical stallicolo but I'm hoping to have this as a special wall as well as my lead. Leech seed and rain dance for stalling, ice beam is my anti-dragon tool but toxic could help for stalling further. Surf for stab and rain boost or dive which would also fit stalling better but less powerful and predictable.

Swampert ;260; @ chesto berry
Torrent
Brave

Curse
Rest
Earthquake
rockslide

Swampert is my physical tank. I could really use a baton-passer with amnesia to set him up but I can't really think of any. Curse for power-up rest for obvious reasons eq because it's eq and rockslide as my AA attack.

Crobat ;169; @ focus band
Jolly

Haze
Aerial Ace
Sludge bomb
Confuse Ray

Crobat fits the role of Revenge killer/disruptor quite nicely imo. Haze is to deal with power-ups quickly, sludge bomb is main form of offence and aa is to guarentee a quick kill. Confuse ray is there partly as a filler move but can also give him a free turn which he needs.

Salamence ;373; @ lum berry
Intimidate
Hasty

Dragon claw
EQ
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

Salamence is there because, well, he's salamence. Fits nicely as a wall breaker covering a lot of stuff. Not much really to say here. Moving on

Machamp ;68; @???
Guts
Adamant

Cross Chop
Rock slide
Bulk up
Counter

Machamp is the physical sweeper. Cross chop for big damage, rock slide as AA. Bulk up to bulk up and counter mostly as a filler. I'm considering turning Machamp into a choice bander but not sure here.

Regice ;378; @salac berry
clear body
bold
Explosion
Rest
Thunderbolt
Icebeam

Regice is the special wall. Icebeam gets big STAB and thunderbolt covers the other stuff. Salac berry is there so I can hopefully get a rest in and explosion is to kill off the phsical sweepers which can't be countered with rest.

C&C appreciated

Blue Harvest
23rd July 2011, 4:57 AM
If you don't EV train, this isn't competitive and belongs in the in-game team rate sections.