PDA

View Full Version : First OU Team

ihrm
20th July 2011, 11:05 PM
This is pretty much my first real team (I've made slight adjustments myself) and I'm wondering what you guys think. I'm open to any kind of suggestions as I still have so much to learn. So here we go:

;068;Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/4 Spd/16 SpDef
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge
I decided on an attacking lead as I'd rather take out a few pokemon and set up rocks later, than use a suicide lead and have a wasted slot IMO.

;485;Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Heatran works well with Machamp as it covers its weaknesses and can setup rocks.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
This is the standard Swords Dance set, but I choose to use pursuit rather than swords dance to cover ghosts and psychics. Just the life orb alone packs quite a punch. I find it very easy to switch in, and if they send in something with a fire move i swith into heatran.
;466;
Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SpAtk
Mild nature (+SpAtk,-Def)
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power
- Thunderbolt
Electrivire is used for type coverage, plain and simple.

;121;Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Revenge killer, cleans up the mess left by everyone else.

;468;Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/188 Def/68 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
Finally, the wall. Togekiss can paraflinch whole teams and air slash counters Machamps and other fighting types.

Let me know what you think

PokeGyms
22nd July 2011, 2:34 PM
This is pretty much my first real team (I've made slight adjustments myself) and I'm wondering what you guys think. I'm open to any kind of suggestions as I still have so much to learn. So here we go:

;068;Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/4 Spd/16 SpDef
- Bullet Punch
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge
I decided on an attacking lead as I'd rather take out a few pokemon and set up rocks later, than use a suicide lead and have a wasted slot IMO.

What? Stone Edge attacks and Stealth Rocks is.. well, rocks. Machamp can't learn Stealth Rocks.

;485;Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Heatran works well with Machamp as it covers its weaknesses and can setup rocks.

Didn't you say Machamp did that? Anyway, here's a Heatran set that can ParaShuffle or ToxicShuffle.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Flame Body / Flash Fire
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 2 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Magma Storm / Roar
- Protect / Earth Power / Magma Storm

Thunder Wave could be used with Roar to shuffle stuff because Latios, Latias and Virizion who all hate being paralyzed. Or you could use the Toxic set with Magm Storm or Roar, depending if you want to shuffle and poison the team or poison and kill stuff. Protect is to scout and Sub is to stay in longer if you have lefties. Air Ballon is the common choice though. Flash Fire is that extra boost if you decide to use Magma Storm / Earth Power.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is the standard Swords Dance set, but I choose to use pursuit rather than swords dance to cover ghosts and psychics. Just the life orb alone packs quite a punch. I find it very easy to switch in, and if they send in something with a fire move i swith into heatran.

This set is very effective. Choice Band Plus technician = win. This Scizor will be OHKOing Heatran, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn. Specially defensive Skarmory also takes damage, and can be OHKOed if it Roosts. Pursuit allows Scizor to KO (or do huge damage) to a fleeing Psychic-type, such as Reuniclus, Starmie, or Slowbro. It also checks Choice Specs Latios locked into Draco Meteor. Quick Attack can be a good option over Pursuit. It can give Scizor the opportunity to beat threats that resist Bullet Punch, such as Infernape, Thundurus, and weakened Gyarados. It also comes with the added benefit of OHKOing 4 / 0 Volcarona after Stealth Rock.

;466;
Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SpAtk
Mild nature (+SpAtk,-Def)
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
Electrivire is used for type coverage, plain and simple.

HP [Ice] takes care of dragons that aren't Hydreigon or things like Gliscor or other ground types.

;121;Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Revenge killer, cleans up the mess left by everyone else.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Fire Punch / Protect / Stealth Rock

Serene Grace, Body Slam, and Iron Head are the main moves to use in this set. When it comes to the paralysis-inducing move, Body Slam is the main option, because, whereas a multitude of support Pokemon can abuse Thunder Wave, Jirachi can utilize Body Slam to paralyze threats that Thunder Wave cannot. Mainly Ground-type Pokemon and faster Taunt users. Serene Grace doubles Body Slam’s chance to paralyze to a consistent 60%, allowing Jirachi to paralyze threats most of the time thanks to its great bulk. Thunder Wave is always an option over Body Slam for a guaranteed paralysis move. Keep in mind, Body Slam differentiates Jirachi from the numerous support Pokemon which use Thunder Wave. Another trait that Jirachi has over other support Pokemon is Iron Head; this move is complimentary with paralysis and Serene Grace. Jirachi can slowly chip away at an opponent, weakening it for another Pokemon to KO. Iron Head may also allow Jirachi a free turn for Wish healing, provided the opponent is flinched. However, this Jirachi should be used defensively at first, so Iron Head usage should be kept to a minimum because of the zero Attack investment.

Let me know what you think

Well.. my first full team rate. Changes in BOLD.

ihrm
23rd July 2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the opinions, but sorry for the confusion. When i said setup rocks later, i meant with Heatran, but that Heatran set is interesting. Also, the HP Grass on Electivire is my only Swampert counter, so that has to stay. Finally I did run that choice band set on Scizor; and it was great, but I ultimately made the switch to this life orb set and I find it more useful. I've caught a few people off guard expecting a u-turn from him. That Jirachi could be switched for Togekiss though. Its almost as bulky, can pack much more of a punch, and its faster. The only problem with that is that I'm really having trouble with is Metagross as it is. Heatran and Electivire have trouble with his earthquake, so i used Togekiss to paraflinch him out. But if I use Jirachi, that's another Metagross earthquake victim.