PDA

View Full Version : The Mixed Attacker

Kerosene
22nd July 2011, 3:53 PM
Mixed attackers, in my opinion, are extremely deadly. Please discuss your favorite one, sets for them, and if they are good or not. To start off discussion, I will show one of my favorites.

Infernape
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: U-turn / Grass Knot
move 4: Stone Edge / Mach Punch
item: Life Orb
nature: Na´ve / Hasty
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

hallstromjr
23rd July 2011, 12:49 AM
Thats one of the best ones right there. Another good one is bulky Dragonite as a mixed attacker.

Vandslaux
23rd July 2011, 1:13 AM
My favorite would probably have to be Mixed Mewtwo.

Dark Sharpedo
23rd July 2011, 1:24 AM
I like a Mixed Lucario, which has become viable in 5th Gen.
Also, Dnite is probably my favorite, with it's amass set of moves to use.

fschulze47
23rd July 2011, 1:48 AM
Never been a fan of mixed sweepers, I think they're really only all that useful for taking out specific walls, but if one should run into a wall it can't KO, the usually are at best 2HKO'd because they have to let down one of their defenses for the set to work. But, if I were to give you a favorite, probably MixApe and Mixed Lucario, although Mienshao and Zoroark are good too.

Karzon
23rd July 2011, 3:02 AM
I like mixtomb *duck*

Gigastrike
23rd July 2011, 3:07 AM
I tend to not use mixed attackers.

Walcott
23rd July 2011, 4:29 AM
Infernape
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: U-turn / Grass Knot
move 4: Stone Edge / Mach Punch
item: Life Orb
nature: Na´ve / Hasty

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I do admit that my Infernape used to have an attack set similar to that. ^^; I forget what the fourth move was, but the others were the same iirc. I'm not sure what my complete favorite type of "attacker" is, but I know I'm not over-the-top about mixed ones. :P

Aquadon
23rd July 2011, 4:25 PM
I've always tried doing the Mixed Attacker thing, but I can never seem to find a place for it on my Team. Maybe i need to start building a team AROUND a Mixed Attacker first.

Sircharles
23rd July 2011, 4:36 PM
I tried using a mixed ape before. It didn't work too well. I run a physical ape. And I feel like it gets the job done. But like posted above Lucario is a great mixed attacker. Aura Sphere Extremespeed etc.

windsong
23rd July 2011, 5:29 PM
Lucario's meh mixed...SD sets and NP sets respectively can power through literally everything important that the mixed sets can. I mean, Luke can run mixed, but it's just better to have it run SD or NP, especially with Gliscor these days only running like 80 speed.

ParaChomp
23rd July 2011, 6:02 PM
Cloyster, works wonders...

move 1: Shell Break
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Icicle Spear
move 4: Rock Blast
item: Life Orb / White Herb / Expert Belt
ability: Skill Link
nature: Naive

Psycho Cut
23rd July 2011, 6:10 PM
Infernape is one of the best mixed sweepers there is, with a set similar to the one in the original post. It can literally rampage through entire teams.

Soperman
24th July 2011, 1:23 AM
I like mixemance. It's crazy good. Also, Samurott and Blaziken work well.

Farfan
24th July 2011, 1:54 AM
Mixed Hydreigon? Nobody uses it >_>

Agonist
24th July 2011, 2:54 AM
I'm not a huge fan of mixed attackers, mostly because I prefer not to split ev's, but Mixmence is fairly decent, I've been using it fairly successfully lately.

Coogrr
24th July 2011, 3:06 AM
I always give my salamence the following (I have a bias against dragon dance):
Dragon claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Flamethrower

(used with a swords dance baton passer)

thejt
24th July 2011, 3:23 AM
Dragonite? Idk. When speed isnt an option, the EVs can go to Atk and SpAtk...

hallstromjr
25th July 2011, 8:00 PM
Salamence and Infernape run this the best out of most.

legendarypokemonmaster
25th July 2011, 8:38 PM
Mixape is great, it's so versatile.
Infernape
Naive
@Life Orb
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-HP Ice
-Thunderpunch/Grass Knot

3.14kachu
26th July 2011, 3:23 AM
Salamence is the only one I ever use. The Fire Blasts get rid of many a walling Ferrothorn / Skarmory.

hallstromjr
26th July 2011, 4:45 PM
Salamence is the only one I ever use. The Fire Blasts get rid of many a walling Ferrothorn / Skarmory.

Yup, and thats close to it.

Mixed attackers have died down this Generation.

NeohopeSTF
26th July 2011, 4:58 PM
i have seen a mixed TTar before but its SpA isn't so great.

Pichu47
26th July 2011, 5:34 PM
D-nite is a great mixed poke in the rain. Sharpedo is also viable with mixed in UU. Hydreigon mixed is cool with outrage for surprise factor. Infernape might be the best. Mixtar can be cool with a surprise KO from surf/Ice beam.

IceBug
27th July 2011, 12:27 AM
Was about to mention Speed Boost Sharpedo. This thing is a beast in the rain and equipped with a Focus Sash!