PDA

View Full Version : Chansey vs Blissey

Psycho Cut
27th July 2011, 5:52 PM
Ok, pretty simple question: title says it all. Who do you think is best, Eviolite chansey, or Blissey?

Discuss.

Feel free to post sets to argue your case.

windsong
27th July 2011, 6:50 PM
Eviolite Chansey is pretty much superior, imo, aside from its inability to use special attacks. But it's basically if you want Ice Beam/Flamethrower, go with Blissey, if you're okay with just SToss, go with Chansey.

Blue Harvest
27th July 2011, 7:28 PM
Leftovers + Protect makes Blissey a far superior Wish passer and Flamethrower / Ice Beam sorta keeps it from being setup fodder for everything not hurt by its status move. Leftovers keeps Blissey from being devastated by sandstorm and makes it far more resistant to residual damage.

Aquadon
27th July 2011, 7:32 PM
The only thing Chansey really has going for it is the ability to take Physical hits better than Blissey. The lack of Leftovers and Special Attacks makes Blissey a little more powerful in my book.

jesusfreak94
27th July 2011, 7:36 PM
I believe there was already a thread similar to this. But yeah, Chansey if you want more bulk from the get-go, Blissey if you want Leftovers recovery and decent special attack, and Happiny if you want to troll people. That's about it.

Vandslaux
27th July 2011, 7:36 PM
Chansey. Look at it this way: Chansey walls almost every non-set up attacker with 704 HP and 150ish Defense, and troll special bulk, making it perfect for stall, who are usually phazer-heavy anyway. The only way for Blissey to achieve Chansey's bulk (and it still can't fix it's mediocre physical bulk) is CM.

Psycho Cut
27th July 2011, 7:47 PM
Yeah, in my eyes, Chansey is usually the best bet. But the fact that blissey can hold the leftovers often keeps him in consideration.

Aquadon
27th July 2011, 7:52 PM
Yeah, in my eyes, Chansey is usually the best bet. But the fact that blissey can hold the leftovers often keeps him in consideration.

Well, there's that, but there's also the thought that Chansey can't do squat to Ghost-types (especially Gengar), while Blissey has the possibility of using Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/whatever in order to strike back on any opposing Ghosts. Does make more difference than you think.

Psycho Cut
27th July 2011, 9:31 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. Most of the time when I run blissey/chansey (which isn't all that often, tbh) I only usually have seismic toss as my attacking move, and most of the time it works fine. But I see your point. Especially against subdisable Gengar

irock245
27th July 2011, 9:34 PM
I'm sorry, but those who think chansey is better is uttery wrong. It only has better physical bulk. It's perfect taunt and set up bait. Blissey can do decent damage and is better and a wish passer like blue harvest said. If you favor chansey because you like chansey more, then go ahead, but competitively there's a reason chansey's uu and blissey's OU.

Psycho Cut
27th July 2011, 9:37 PM
It has better special bulk too. And only, like, 10 less HP iirc

Porgon-XYZ
27th July 2011, 9:40 PM
When it comes to walling, Chansey wins. When it comes to dealing damage, stalling, and survivalbility, Blissey wins.

Vandslaux
27th July 2011, 9:41 PM
Yeah, so, like, a miniscule 5 hp less wishes?

hallstromjr
27th July 2011, 9:44 PM
I think its all situational. Blissey is a much better Wish Passer, and I dont think SpA makes too much of a difference..going from a 4KO, to a 5-6KO. Seismic Toss is better anywho. Most Chanseys and Blisseys usually use Thunderwave or Toxic to stall and cripple.

thejt
27th July 2011, 10:29 PM
I friggin hate them both. The bad thing about Chansey is that Seismic toss is its attacking move so it is easily countered by ghosts. Blissey is much more useful and annoying.

jesusfreak94
27th July 2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah, so, like, a miniscule 5 hp less wishes?

It's more about Blissey's ability to utilize Protect to take advantage of the Wish herself, while also stalling for Leftovers recovery. Each time Blissey does the Wish + Protect combo, she's getting about 62% of her HP, while also taking no damage the second turn, wasting the opponent's PP, and stalling for whatever extra residual damage may be available.

Cometstarlight
27th July 2011, 10:33 PM
How do you get seismic toss on Chansey, btw I think Blissey is better in survivability

emboarrocks
28th July 2011, 4:13 AM
I use a Chansey because of evolite but I could see why someone would say Blissely is better.

3.14kachu
28th July 2011, 5:04 AM
Item clause favors Chansey, as Chansey is one of the best Eviolite users, while Blissey is one of very many Leftovers-users. In any item clause situation, the overuse of Leftovers will usually prompt the use of Chansey, even if Blissey's stats might be a bit better for the job.

Psycho Cut
28th July 2011, 2:34 PM
Item clause favors Chansey, as Chansey is one of the best Eviolite users, while Blissey is one of very many Leftovers-users. In any item clause situation, the overuse of Leftovers will usually prompt the use of Chansey, even if Blissey's stats might be a bit better for the job.
That's another good point, actually. I hadn't considered Item Clause

purplepikachu
28th July 2011, 3:10 PM
Blissey is better at taking "smaller" hits, that do less than about 30% damage, because of leftovers recovery. Chansey, on the other hand can avoid getting 2HKOed and OHKOed better, because of its higher defenses.

For example, an attack does 20% to blissey, leftovers heals 6% to make a net 14% damage.
The same attack would probably do about 16% to chansey, making a net of 16% damage.

Now, we take a heavy attack like a Specs-Ogre Waterspout. Blissey takes around 75% damage, leftovers heals 6%=69% net damage.
Chansey would take somewhere around 60%=60% net damage.

StarlightUmbreon
29th July 2011, 3:51 AM
I would say Blissey, but after reading some of the other replys I reconsidered it.
So Chansey (;

S k y
29th July 2011, 4:54 AM
I think Blissey is better than Evo Chansey

lucario-adict
29th July 2011, 5:08 AM
as far as i know, Blissey has the highest HP in the game, but i think the main bane to there massive HP is Endeavor, so in terms of HP i say Blissey, tho Chansey pry has better Defense with the Evolite

irock245
29th July 2011, 12:49 PM
endeavor is used only with lvl 1 noobs and swellow(i think) Blissey is better from being able to actually be a viable part of stall. Once again, there's a reason blissey is OU and chansey is uu, even if it's just usage. Blissey is used more because it it better. You have like 25 more defense, at the cost of no attack(except for seisemic toss), no leftovers,and less hp. Oh, and keep in mind that even with "strong hits" like kyogre's water spout, with such marginal difference with the damage, they are both 2HKO'd, so why bother? Blissey can take hitts better, as it can actually stall better, so if you pick chansey, you must be talking about uu.

flygon123pwn
29th July 2011, 1:03 PM
i think chansey is BL but i prefer chansey over blissey IMO but i think its all in the set that your using. my chansey is a toxic staler w/ seismic toss so i make good use with the eviolite

Nivri313
29th July 2011, 1:06 PM
The thing is, i have been using evo chansey, and it's not living up to my expectations. Because it can't hit anything hard with moves other than Stoss. So, i think Blissey is still superior

acetrainerdov
29th July 2011, 2:53 PM
blissey coz of leftovers and flamethrower

Dark Sharpedo
31st July 2011, 4:24 AM
Chansey is a mega troll in UU, like every UU team needs one, it's impact w/ eviolite is like Ferro in OU....
You defeat the opponent's Chansey, and your good to go.
Also, in response to Dov, whats up with the Lefties problem??? You got softboiled, and you take hit better to begin with... :L