PDA

View Full Version : SS Team

ggreen
1st August 2011, 1:20 AM
Okay, so I made this team a real long while back, and have been trying to make it really good and legit, but I'm sure that I haven't done exactly that yet.
After reading some things, I need to make some modifications to it (again) to make it better.
I wanted to hear opinions from people who know what they're doing it pokemon so I can learn and do better that way... so here it is.

Aerodactyl w/ Life Orb
EV - 254 Atk/254 Spd
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Rock Head (Wanted Pressure, but was bored with breeding)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
I use Aerodactly as my team lead to set up Stealth Rock when the match begins. After reading through all the pokemon that can learn that, I liked him the best (second to Dugtrio, but not many people like him) and decided that he could be a nice and fast way to get things started. With Stone Edge and Aerial Ace for STAB and Earthquake as just a filler move. I couldn't think of anything better, but I'm looking to maybe replace it.

Charizard w/ Wide Lens
EV - 254 SpAtk/254 Spd
Nature - Modest
Ability - Blaze
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Ancient Power
Charizard, being my favorite pokemon, mostly because I was one of those who started out using ONLY my started pokemon and got him to about Lv60 and realized I can't beat the Elite 4, I decided to put him in my party once more as a Special Attack Sweeper. Once I get Black or White, I'll keep him just to be there with me, but I'll replace him with Hydreigon, mainly because he's stronger.
Charizard has Fire Blast instead of Blast Burn because I don't really like that he has to wait a turn before attacking again. He also doesn't have Overheat because I don't need his Special Attack being lowered, and needing to switch out to return to normal. Focus Blast is there to be able to take out rocks if needed, and using the Wide Lens makes it so he won't have as good of a chance to miss with my luck. Dragon Pulse is there for anything he can't attack or Dragons, and Ancient Power is for other Fire types, or Flying types. It's not the best move set, and I won't keep it for Hydreigon, but it does nicely.

Metagross w/ Muscle Band
EV - 254 Atk/254 Spd
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Clear Body
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Metagross, being my very strong attacker, is able to take out many without needing to be Super Effective. Of course, he can't take out everything, but it still helps. Zen Headbutt for a STAB bonus, it's his main attack for pokemon that he doesn't have anything super effective against. Hammer Arm and Earthquake are kind of hard to differentiate because they can both take out Rock types and Steel Types easily, but Hammer arm is used for only Dark, Normal, and Ice, while Earthquake gets the others that it gets (unless for some reason ground type moves aren't super effective and fighting is.) I chose Earthquake and Ice Punch over switching one for a Steel Move for a STAB bonus so that Metagross could take out Fire and Ground type pokemon easier. It's worked out really good for me so far.

Gyarados w/ King's Rock
EV - 254 Atk/254 Spd
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Intimidate
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
My second all time favorite pokemon, Gyarados get's a high attack and a slightly decent speed after evolving from Magikarp. He's mostly used for being able to flinch pokemon, with his King's Rock and Waterfall and Ice Fang. There's a pretty good chance that they will then. Of course, King's Rocks are considered pretty cheap, so sometimes I consider using a Nevermeltice to help Ice Fang do some better damage. Earthquake is, once more, a filler attack, but I don't plan on replacing it.

Weavile w/ Razor Claw
EV - 254 Atk/254 Spd
Nature - Adamant (Hoped for Jolly, but breeding bores me)
Ability - Pressure
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Agility/Swords Dance
After finding out that I didn't have any moves that were Super Effective against Psychics and Ghosts, I changed from having an Electivire to a Weavile, and he's done a much better job than Electivire so far. Night Slash and Ice Punch for STAB, and Aerial Ace for a non missing attack, so I can attack pokemon that can get a high evasion. I have Agility because he turned out Adamant, and it's just in-case he needs to be faster.

Starmie w/ (Undecided Item)
EV - 254 SpAtk/254 Spd
Nature - Timid
Ability - Natural Cure
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
Because 4/6 of my team are weak against rock moves, I got Starmie to get rid of Stealth Rocks if they were placed. Being Timid and EV Trained with speed, it will generally be able to get rid of them before Starmie faints. Surf and Psychic for STAB, and Thunderbolt against Water pokemon, because I don't have any other good attacks for Water Pokemon.

Fighting Water and Ground pokemon is a bit of a challenge, since I don't have any Grass type moves, but it can be managed pretty well.

I really don't want to breed anymore pokemon, but if I have to I will. Also, if I do breed, I love to go for Egg Moves, unlike some people I actually know.
I really don't like criticism, but say what you'd like.
(I'm hoping to get Black or White before the end of August)

Asphar
16th August 2011, 2:46 AM
well i know this is an oldish post but id like to give my opinion none the less.

you have some nice set ups for you pokemon and they are some of my favorites but you seem to have one major weakness...
electricity....
you have aerodactly gyarados starmie and charizard all weak to a good T-bolt or thunder. if you changed 1 or 2 of the m out for some thing that will cover that weakness you should have a great team though
Golem, whishcash , lanturn with Volt-absorb ability, and Domphan are some nice covers i have used against electric types.

Aztec_Blaziken
16th August 2011, 2:53 AM
What about replacing Aerial Ace with U-turn on your lead pokemon because no one uses aerial ace
lol jk

qwerty1111
21st August 2011, 10:21 PM
you dont have any defensive or special defensive walls so for you metagross you might want to ev it in hp and/or defense instead of speed
and for your starmie, you can take out some special attack evs and add them to hp or special defense and have it with the moves recover rapid spin surf and thunderbolt and give it leftovers.