PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Teammates for Charizard?

pokeymonmaster
2nd August 2011, 5:25 AM
Hey, guys! I'm hoping this is in the right place....

I'm looking to create a team based around my Charizard; technically the tier is OU, but really I'm using this team to challenge a friend of mine, so it won't be to the same standard as online battling, haha.

Here's the Charizard I'm using:

;006;
Charizard(F) @ Life Orb
Timid
Blaze
4 def/252 spd/252 spatk
Fire Blast
Air Slash
Roost
HP Grass

She's a special attacker straight from Smogon lols and I would send her out towards the end of the game after I've rapid spinned the inevitable stealth rocks away for a late game beat down.

I'll go ahead and tell you guys that I don't know much about competitive battling; I've read up on it profusely and I have a lot of hypothetical knowledge, but I've done very little actual battling and team synergy is my biggest downfall. So, excuse any of my ignorance or unrealistic dreams, etc. :)

Again, I'm really struggling with good teammates, so any ideas would be very appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

Regiultima
2nd August 2011, 5:26 AM
I'll tell you right now that you need a Rapid Spinner. Stealth Rocks completly ruin Charizard and its capabilities.

pokeymonmaster
2nd August 2011, 5:28 AM
True! I was thinking Swampert...thoughts?

Gelatino95
2nd August 2011, 5:30 AM
First of all, Swampert does NOT learn Rapid Spin IIRC. If you were replying to the previous post, of course.

I'll tell you right now that you need a Rapid Spinner. Stealth Rocks completly ruin Charizard and its capabilities.

Quoted for truth. Stealth Rocks are bad with Charizard. Also, you might want something that can switch in on Stone Edge and other such rock moves. Maybe something that also resists ground moves, since QuakeEdge is pretty popular. Maybe try Flygon? It resists rock and is immune to ground.

pokeymonmaster
2nd August 2011, 5:33 AM
Lols haha, sorry, sorry I meant Blastoise, but Flygon sounds like a very interesting addition. I'll have to look into that fellow! Thank you. :)

Gelatino95
2nd August 2011, 5:39 AM
Forretress makes a great Rapid spinner which is also capable of setting down entry hazards. You can switch it in once the opponent's lead is gone and spin away any entry hazards they may have left and then put in your own.

pokeymonmaster
2nd August 2011, 5:44 AM
Do you think that Forretress would be better than using Starmie or Blastois? If only because the latter two are supposedly pretty bulky waters, which will do well with Charizard and Flygon.