PDA

View Full Version : Pkmn Tournament this weekend, help plz? :)

BlissKaZE
2nd August 2011, 12:18 PM
Hey all :)

After posting this on Smogon and getting no real response as of yet =.=, thought I might try another well-known competitive pokemon site ;D

Pretty much, this weekend is my first *real* competitive battle, up in Perth, and it would be awesome it you guys could look at my team and tell me what you think mah chances are ;D

Rules of the tournament are you have 3 battles each round, all with the same person, best 2 of 3 advances to the next round...We use 3 pokemon each battle (out of a party of 6) and are not allowed to return to PC to sub other pkmn. Standard uber ban list applies.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def/4 Spd/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Faint Attack

Ok, expansions XD I'm going to open with this because I love it. It has like, 390 sp def, 320 hp and 300 def, which makes it bulkier than the average Ferrothorn. It has the ability to use Mean Look and Baton Pass, meaning if it opens against something that isnt going to be a threat to it, it can mean look it and stay in as long as it likes cursing then faint attacking. The real reason I want to use it is because after a few curses, it should make me specially defensive metagross a virtually unstoppable sweeper, and it can always deal a pathetic little punch of its own with Faint Attack.

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Magnet Rise
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Decided to give this an air balloon rather than a hp restoring item. Should guarantee it one move, in which it can trick room, then completely floor the opposition with STAB meteor mashes and earthquakes. Magnet Rise is for coverage against Garchomps preimariy, or any ground types, and if necessary he can use it first move after his air balloon pops then use trick room.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Starmie is amazing because of its legendary speed. It should OHKO any garchomp with ice beam and it should also be faster than any garchomp without a choice scarf. It covers my Heatrans weaknesses to fighting and water. Might put Rapid Spin on it so it can eliminate entry hazards. Should OHKO or 2HKO a lot of OUs due to its good type coverage with thunderbolt and ice beam.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Solarbeam
- Flash Cannon

Backup sweeper, might chuck taunt on him so he doesnt get walled, probably for solarbeam but i like the idea of him having a supereffective move again swampert, stunfisk, etc. Probably for use with Hippowdon so he can also benefit from the sandstorm damage, but if this leads to excadrill or stunfisk pwning him, wont bother to pre-sandstorm. Even if he does get pwned, Skarmory/Hippowdon/Starmie should be able to easily revenge kill anything that took him down.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Lax nature (+Def, -SDef)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Roar

My Physical wall/annoyer, could come in after Hippowdon and survive through some snadstorm damage, useful for scouting and could also take the baton pass from Umbreon, makeing his Brave Bird devastating. Just a good pokemon to have, but I'm not entirely sure about his actual capability to do damage, so am willing to swap him for tyranitar/terrakion/anything else anyone could suggest :P

Hippowdon (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 128 HP/128 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Probably my 2nd opener, very tough customer with earthquake, can heal easily with slack off and his Sitrus Berry heals almost 100hp on him when his HP drops to below half. He's excellent for roar scouting against flying types and anything that he can kill with EQ, he will kill with EQ.

So yea, I'm really wondering if this is balanced well enough to beat nerds with action replays/other hax who can get DW abilities and perfect IVs and stuff...I do have a garchomp im looking to slip in there but I dont know who to take out...Any feedback would be epic, cheers ;D

5221A
2nd August 2011, 4:37 PM
your team is very slow u should have more trick roomers or let go of it on metaross, but that is only my opinion

BlissKaZE
3rd August 2011, 11:41 AM
Yea I agree, ty for the advice, only have to use 3 at a time so I'll be sure to put trick room and something else...

PT Mismagius
11th August 2011, 7:09 PM
Urm, why is this in Older Gen RMT when you are using Air Balloon?