PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

derena
24th December 2011, 6:21 PM
Oké, I'm an idiot, rofl.

I found out what I did wrong, well I did 2 things wrong in fact.

First thing, when I was checking if I hit the right seed, I was still checking the encounter table for the roof, while I moved one room down because I thought the roof's clouds and other effects might affect it. wich obviously screwed up me checking if I hit the right seed.

The second thing I screwed up was that I forgot that to record my chatot, I put it into a box when I decided to do something else for a bit yesterday after spending most of the day trying to figure out RNG.

Anyway, this is the result:

#607 Litwick (SHINY) | NN: None | Gender: ♂ | Heal ball
OT: Danyo| ID: 12943
Timid | Caught: 8/26/2011 | Celestial Tower
Type: Fire/Ghost| Ability: Flash Fire
Flame Burst / Hex / Will-O-Wisp / Imprison
31/9/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power: ground 68

The Eleventh
24th December 2011, 6:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EjZDx.gif
#090 Shellder
OT: Cian | ID: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Skill Link | Type: Water
Hatch Location: Undella Bay | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Egg Moves: Rock Blast
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

I only got this today, as I still haven't found a suitable IV spread for the event Thundurus. I finished EV training him a few moments ago, and now I'm leveling him up. I'll probably go for Tentacool next.

Shadow_Assailant
24th December 2011, 6:59 PM
If you have your parameters set, then you can follow along.

http://i.imgur.com/IWrZA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JoLBu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GxHt3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IxAUK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DiqN3.jpg

Start up your game normally (with the time given). Go through the whole intro and once all the talking is done, go into the menu and find out your ID.

http://i.imgur.com/3bYPE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L5Ns1.jpg

So after saying No to Juniper when asked if my name is final 22 times, I start the game and go through the whole intro talk. Then I found out my ID and:

http://i.imgur.com/2js2H.jpg

Once you have your TID/SID combo, save the game in front of the Gift box.

http://i.imgur.com/SMcLS.jpg

I hope this helps many. Also, sorry if the text is annoying. Please make sure to read through everything. Thanks and enjoy.

*edit* After finding your TID/SID combo: I forgot to mention that Starter/Gift/Fossil show frames a bit later. I think by 3. So don't be discouraged if you don't hit the seed at first. Find out where you're landing, adjust and you'll be set.

Hey, guys. I'm working on trying to abuse my TID/SID combo again. I'm pretty positive on how to do it (thanks to Drog's guide :P ^), but I'm having trouble finding a good seed. I noticed in Drog's pics that he had his TID and SID already set when he searched for the seed he wanted to hit. When I search for my seed, should I leave the TID and SID slots blank or fill them in?

foxyman1167
24th December 2011, 8:04 PM
Well this is taking a while, I'm searching for a good seed for a gift pokemon, already checked December, January, and May of 2011, and nothing. Got four different Time Finder's running now, hopefully it shows up soon, I really want to get it done today.

Just so I'm sure I'm doing it right, in Time Finder I use the Gen 5 Method (Standard Seed), and Encounter Type is Gift Pokemon. Then I pick my spread, and use Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window.

TDawg
24th December 2011, 8:10 PM
Well this is taking a while, I'm searching for a good seed for a gift pokemon, already checked December, January, and May of 2011, and nothing. Got four different Time Finder's running now, hopefully it shows up soon, I really want to get it done today.

Just so I'm sure I'm doing it right, in Time Finder I use the Gen 5 Method (Standard Seed), and Encounter Type is Gift Pokemon. Then I pick my spread, and use Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window.

If you breed you would have had the seed already, well if you have a good parent lol. Is there a reason you're using the museum?

foxyman1167
24th December 2011, 8:15 PM
If you breed you would have had the seed already, well if you have a good parent lol. Is there a reason you're using the museum?

Well I have a flawless Ditto but a crappy Omanyte.

TDawg
24th December 2011, 8:19 PM

That's more then half of my breeds. One flawless Ditto does wonders and if you just are look for IVs and nature but not shiny then you'll find seeds in about 5 seconds. At least I do lol and even then you will find shiny seeds pretty easily.

foxyman1167
24th December 2011, 8:27 PM
That's more then half of my breeds. One flawless Ditto does wonders and if you just are look for IVs and nature but not shiny then you'll find seeds in about 5 seconds. At least I do lol and even then you will find shiny seeds pretty easily.

Screw it, I'll do that then. I could use some Egg practice.

MSK
24th December 2011, 8:52 PM

Me too, one flawless Ditto is all I have to start all my breeding projects.
Seriously easy to find seeds where all 3 inherited come from the Ditto and the other 3 are your RNG's.
I usually pick the flawless seeds if I get one with the correct nature, but most of the time (if your breeding for competitive battling like I am) you can set the 1 stat you don't need blank and you'll get a load more results.
I set min and max frames at 50-100 and I get plenty of Shiny results :)

foxyman1167
24th December 2011, 9:14 PM
Me too, one flawless Ditto is all I have to start all my breeding projects.
Seriously easy to find seeds where all 3 inherited come from the Ditto and the other 3 are your RNG's.
I usually pick the flawless seeds if I get one with the correct nature, but most of the time (if your breeding for competitive battling like I am) you can set the 1 stat you don't need blank and you'll get a load more results.
I set min and max frames at 50-100 and I get plenty of Shiny results :)

I'm aiming for a specific IV spread, 30/31/31/30/31/31 for HP [Grass]

TDawg
24th December 2011, 9:28 PM
I'm aiming for a specific IV spread, 30/31/31/30/31/31 for HP [Grass]

You should still have an easier time.

kaorusquee
24th December 2011, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of the fog in Giant Chasm? I'd like to RNG Dittos, bt the month trick doesn't work there. Per other sites online, I also tried 6/9/11 and my birthday as the DS knows it. Neither worked. :?

silicon
24th December 2011, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of the fog in Giant Chasm? I'd like to RNG Dittos, bt the month trick doesn't work there. Per other sites online, I also tried 6/9/11 and my birthday as the DS knows it. Neither worked. :?

Apparently these are the steps you need to follow (I haven't done them, but it's been repeated in this thread multiple times):

1. Save in the Chasm.
2. Change the month on your DS.
3. Enter the game, then get into a battle.
4. Once the battle is over, the fog should be gone until you enter another battle.

foxyman1167
25th December 2011, 12:28 AM
When you're trying to RNG eggs, in the main window, is it under Breeding BW or Gen 5 PIDRNG?

I'd assume the former, but I'd like to be sure.

derena
25th December 2011, 1:17 AM
I'd like to know that too ^^ And also, seeing how eggs are frame 8, do you have to substract those 8 when reaching your target frame?

One more question... How to find the initial frame... When working with an everstone and perfect parents, it's kinda hard to tell =/

edit.: I'm still so excited about my first rng'd pokémon lol, it's a mini christmas present xD

Kaphotics
25th December 2011, 2:15 AM
eggs dont use PIDRNG

there's a button that calculates initial PIDRNG frame, NPCs are unpredictable advancement on top of it

foxyman1167
25th December 2011, 5:57 AM
Yeah I found a Smogon RNG breeding guide, so I found all the answers I needed. I'm assuming you're the same Kaphotics from Smogon?

Damn, I keep missing my seed when I RNG for an egg. The frame I'm aiming for has Fe in HP, Def, and Speed, that means the mother will pass down the IVs to match those stats?

And the other blank ones will become the desired IVs from the spread?

TDawg
25th December 2011, 6:33 AM
Yeah I found a Smogon RNG breeding guide, so I found all the answers I needed. I'm assuming you're the same Kaphotics from Smogon?

Damn, I keep missing my seed when I RNG for an egg. The frame I'm aiming for has Fe in HP, Def, and Speed, that means the mother will pass down the IVs to match those stats?

And the other blank ones will become the desired IVs from the spread?

Yes that's correct.

And yes if you're hitting the correct seed and PID.

foxyman1167
25th December 2011, 7:10 AM
Yes that's correct.

And yes if you're hitting the correct seed and PID.

So after inputting the seed into the main window, I generate a list of frames. When I right click and choose "Display Parents", the IVs that each frame will have pops up, but the thing is, in slots that didn't have Ma or Fe, the desired IVs aren't there.

TDawg
25th December 2011, 8:07 AM
So after inputting the seed into the main window, I generate a list of frames. When I right click and choose "Display Parents", the IVs that each frame will have pops up, but the thing is, in slots that didn't have Ma or Fe, the desired IVs aren't there.

Don't worry about it. Those are just showing how they are getting 3 IVs.

derena
25th December 2011, 7:51 PM
Managed to RNG hatch my first near flawless shiny :D

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/Spr_5b_058_s.png
#058 Growlithe
OT: Danyo | ID: 12943 | Gender: M
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Intimidate | Type: Fire
Hatch Location: Route 3 | Hidden Power: Dark 59
Egg Moves: Flare blitz, Close combat, Crunch, Morning sun
IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31

I'd like to thank jolteon for his video's, they pretty much got me started properly with RNG'ing without having to fill in blanks in tutorials myself and screwing things up :)

foxyman1167
25th December 2011, 9:04 PM
Managed to RNG hatch my first near flawless shiny :D

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/Spr_5b_058_s.png
#058 Growlithe
OT: Danyo | ID: 12943 | Gender: M
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Intimidate | Type: Fire
Hatch Location: Route 3 | Hidden Power: Dark 59
Egg Moves: Flare blitz, Close combat, Crunch, Morning sun
IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31

I'd like to thank jolteon for his video's, they pretty much got me started properly with RNG'ing without having to fill in blanks in tutorials myself and screwing things up :)

Got any tips for me?

derena
25th December 2011, 9:51 PM
mmmmh, the thing that helped me most I think, was that I didn't use an everstone... It might sound strange, but it makes checking your frame a LOT easier wich was giving me a lot of headaches. Don't think I have anything else to I can say, besides having good parents makes things easier ( but I think I read you had a flawless ditto aswell, so you should be good with that )

Oké, I got 2 questions myself:

Firstly: What method should I use for the event victini, since i just realised I hadn't picked it up yet, might aswell rng it. I guess it's wondercard or GLAN wondercard or gift mmmmh... Anything else I should know before doing this?

Secondly.: Now that I've done some RNG'ing, is RNG'ing stationary pokémon in pearl harder then breeding a shiny flawless in black? Or should I be able to do it now that I've got some expirience?

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 1:09 AM
So I've found a good seed (66EF8C01BF317C4B), on 01/25/11, at 03:01:15, with A, Start, and Right, and I've tried it ten times already, but neither the egg or the pokemon that I Sweet Scent in Victory Road matches.

Am I just missing my seed, or am I doing something else wrong? I set the IVs using Gen 5 (Standard Seed), and use BW Breeding for the frame. This is for a regular egg, not a shiny egg. The planned IV spread is 31/10/31/30/31/31 - HP [Grass] 70.

derena
26th December 2011, 1:18 AM
Mmmmh, did you check the encounter type to gift pokémon? I used the 5th/4th gen shiny egg finding tab to find mine so I'm not entirely sure if it's correct :)

I'm sure you could use that tab aswell though, just don't check the shiny only option and it should give you more then enough options I think :)

edit.: Also, I didn't use victory road to check my seed, I just hatched the pokémon, since I knew my pokémon would usually have a few 31 iv's due to inheritance, I could go to the battle subway guy to check wich iv's were perfect, together with the ability, nature, characteristic and gender, it was pretty easy to check.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 1:27 AM
Well I'm not trying to hatch a shiny, that's why I'm doing different stuff than you did.

MSK
26th December 2011, 1:37 AM
Hey foxyman

So you've got your seed from egg finder (which automatically calculates from frame 8) and it shows the desired IV's, you copy to main window using Breeding BW from drop down, scroll to your frame and check the inheritance is correct.
Now you're having problems actually hitting it correct? Well the method I use is as follows . .
1st forget going and catching a pokemon after, I just have a flame body pokemon and hatch the egg (takes no more than 5 mins and you get a definite confirmation for the next part)
2nd you've gotta be mashing that X button to get into the menu as soon as you start up and watch those 2 pokemon in the garden. I find (my personal experience, others may have different views) that the number of squares they move before I get into the menu and the number they move after is the number you should shift your starting frame. Obviously the former is easy to judge I can usually get into the menu on 3 squares every time. The later however can be difficult (generally I can manage 1 more square but occasionally I mess up). So this always gives me a ssf of 4 so I do 4 less Chatot flips than I need.
9 out of 10 times this works for me, but the other time I will only be off by 1 or 2 frames so I just reset and go again.

"Mmmmh, did you check the encounter type to gift pokémon? I used the 5th/4th gen shiny egg finding tab to find mine so I'm not entirely sure if it's correct"
As far as I am aware this is wrong, I never use gift pokemon for eggs!!

Hope that helps, and anyone else feel free to correct me.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 1:42 AM
So you're saying I shouldn't be doing Gen 5 (Standard Seed) -> Gift Pokemon for the IV spread? I want a regular Egg, not a Shiny Egg.

Damn, so close, hatched one 31/10/31/30/31/18, probably by accident. It had everything else, so it'll become the new daddy now, maybe I'll have an easier time.

Mother Ditto : 31/31/31/31/31/31
Father Omanyte : 31/10/31/30/31/18 w/ Everstone

kaorusquee
26th December 2011, 4:08 AM
I have a question regarding wild RNG-ing. In Mistralton Cave, do you have to use flash in order for RNG to work? I can't seem to get my seed to work in there.

EDIT: Tried it with flash, and I'm still having trouble. Has anyone managed to RNG in Mistralton Cave successfully, and if so, what could I be doing wrong?

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 4:37 AM
So you're saying I shouldn't be doing Gen 5 (Standard Seed) -> Gift Pokemon for the IV spread? I want a regular Egg, not a Shiny Egg.

Damn, so close, hatched one 31/10/31/30/31/18, probably by accident. It had everything else, so it'll become the new daddy now, maybe I'll have an easier time.

Mother Ditto : 31/31/31/31/31/31
Father Omanyte : 31/10/31/30/31/18 w/ Everstone

You can use the shiny egg finder even if you're not going for a shiny. Just put in the wrong TID/SID combination. If you use Gift instead, make sure you're searching frame 8 seeds.

I have a question regarding wild RNG-ing. In Mistralton Cave, do you have to use flash in order for RNG to work? I can't seem to get my seed to work in there.

EDIT: Tried it with flash, and I'm still having trouble. Has anyone managed to RNG in Mistralton Cave successfully, and if so, what could I be doing wrong?

You shouldn't have to do anything special in Mistralton Cave. Just hit your time, advance your frames, and sweet scent. If you're not getting right results, you're most likely not hitting your seed.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 4:42 AM
You can use the shiny egg finder even if you're not going for a shiny. Just put in the wrong TID/SID combination. If you use Gift instead, make sure you're searching frame 8 seeds.

What should I fill in the window for Min/Max Frame?

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 4:44 AM
If you mean on shiny egg finder, just put how low you're willing to go for a PID frame, and how high.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 4:45 AM
If you mean on shiny egg finder, just put how low you're willing to go for a PID frame, and how high.

So should I set it around 50, to account for the NPCs? Also, how do I find my SSF using this method?

kaorusquee
26th December 2011, 4:46 AM
I figured out what was going on. There was a person moving on the screen. So, I went to the second floor, where there were no NPCs.

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 4:49 AM
So should I set it around 50, to account for the NPCs? Also, how do I find my SSF?

Yeah, 50/55 is good. To find your SSF, just hit your seed like you normally would, and then advance 0/1 times, then grab the egg. If you hit your seed, the result will show up on the main window.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 4:56 AM
Yeah, 50/55 is good. To find your SSF, just hit your seed like you normally would, and then advance 0/1 times, then grab the egg. If you hit your seed, the result will show up on the main window.

Is it a good idea to try and find my SSF without holding the Everstone? In the Smogon guide, it mentions that it causes problems trying to discern between frames.

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 5:00 AM
Is it a good idea to try and find my SSF without holding the Everstone? In the Smogon guide, it mentions that it causes problems trying to discern between frames.

Saving may change how much the NPCs advance the frames. What may help is to find the characteristics by entering the seed on the main window, right clicking on a seed, and entering in the information.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 5:13 AM
Saving may change how much the NPCs advance the frames. What may help is to find the characteristics by entering the seed on the main window, right clicking on a seed, and entering in the information.

Hopefully this is what I was doing wrong and I hit my seed this time, I really want this damn thing already.

gunbomb90
26th December 2011, 9:53 AM
Standard seed RNG is possible on a 3DS now. I'm guessing it says it isn't in the first post of this thread?

Sometimes, you have to start the game at a slightly different time. For example, when I see the second hand moving to the next second while the game is loading, I know I hit my seed. Make sure you're loading your game a second before you needed time too.
If you read the 2nd post of this topic, it says that standard RNG is not available to 3ds or dsi

kaiser soze
26th December 2011, 10:05 AM
If you read the 2nd post of this topic, it says that standard RNG is not available to 3ds or dsi
Which hasn't been updated since August...

MSK
26th December 2011, 10:48 AM
You shouldn't have to do anything special in Mistralton Cave. Just hit your time, advance your frames, and sweet scent. If you're not getting right results, you're most likely not hitting your seed.

Remember there are some wandering NPC's on certain floors of Mistralton Cave so you will need to account for them.

Whoops, saw that you figured out the NPC's lol, so have you hit seed now?

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 2:26 PM

Yes, but it is now. I'll see if a mod or something can edit that.

derena
26th December 2011, 2:51 PM
Even though it's possible to do with a DSi, I'd advise against it, since the clock on the normal DS is just so bloody handy

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 3:06 PM
Even though it's possible to do with a DSi, I'd advise against it, since the clock on the normal DS is just so bloody handy

Eh. It's not too bad. You just have to use an external timer.

Vandslaux
26th December 2011, 4:39 PM
Just saying, there's no NPC's on the floor before Cobalion.

And what do you do if you get 2 results for your parameters? I remember reading that it can shift between two.

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 4:44 PM
Just saying, there's no NPC's on the floor before Cobalion.

And what do you do if you get 2 results for your parameters? I remember reading that it can shift between two.

Try to figure out which one you get more. That's pretty much all you can do.

Vandslaux
26th December 2011, 4:46 PM
So see which one I hit my seed with more?

The Eleventh
26th December 2011, 5:02 PM
So see which one I hit my seed with more?
Yes, basically. Then take that Timer0 to be the one you'll use in the Parameters tab.

I am so proud of myself right now. Look what I just RNGed. In Gen IV!

http://i.imgur.com/A5SAI.gif
#123 Scyther
OT: Cian | ID: 37276 | Gender: M
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Technician | Type: Bug/Flying
Egg Moves: -- Hidden Power: Electric 70
IVs: 31/31/31/26/31/31

I'm not entirely sure of the SpA IV, and I can't be bothered to check it right now, but who cares? xD

Too Funk to Druck
26th December 2011, 5:09 PM
Good job! I plan on teaching myself Gen 4 RNGing when I get home. I'm horrible at teaching myself though, so let's see how well that goes.

Vandslaux
26th December 2011, 5:11 PM
Guessing you RNGed on Gen IV for Bug Bite and Superpower?

The Eleventh
26th December 2011, 5:21 PM
Good job! I plan on teaching myself Gen 4 RNGing when I get home. I'm horrible at teaching myself though, so let's see how well that goes.
I found it very difficult at first, far harder than Gen V, but now I think it's really easy. There are some other Pokemon I'd like to RNG on Gen IV, too.

Guessing you RNGed on Gen IV for Bug Bite and Superpower?
Yup, as well as for Roost.

derena
26th December 2011, 5:54 PM
I've tried to rng on gen 4 earlier, but failed horribly. I don't get how you get the proper spreads and time frames etc. I was trying to catch an uxie with good iv's and nature, figuring it'll probably one of the easier things to rng, but I still failed :(

MSK
26th December 2011, 6:31 PM
I really want to learn 4th gen as well, purely to get all the legendaries shiny, as well as picking up the lati twin event that I have waiting on Gold and Silver. I really really want those bad boys shiny and with great IV's.

MSK
26th December 2011, 7:10 PM
Just fluked a shiny breed :)

Was trying to pick up my Shiny Timid Eevee (wish and yawn egg moves) and when mashing to get into menu, over mashed and came back out then in again :(
Thought I've blown that but I'll see if I can adjust accordingly, those pokemon in the garden had moved 2 extra squares than usual so I did 2 less Chatot flips and woohoo. . .
Out of the egg hatched my Shiny Timid eevee :).

Off to EV train him now

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 7:39 PM
Ok, I'm still having trouble hitting my seed, so I'm gonna post everything to make sure I'm doing it right. To be clear, I want a regular egg, not a shiny egg, with 31/10/31/30/31/31. The seed is F8BE773408BCA716, the time is 12/01/11, 02:35:42, with no keypresses, so I'm booting the game at 02:35:41.

Using Time Finder, with 3 Keypresses, under 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg, Year 2011, Month 12, Min/Max Frame is 50/100. Breeding Type Black/White, Everstone nature Calm, Nature and Ability Any, gender any, Mother's IVs 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Father's IVs 31/10/31/30/31/18. Enter the desired IVs, and hit generate.

Pick a seed that matchs everything I want, it inherits the proper IVs from Ma and Fe, has a Calm Nature, Ability 0, Dream Ability False, and there is an M under the 12.5% column.

C+P from Time Finder to the main window, Method Breeding BW, Everstone Nature Calm, the IVs aren't filled in, but I have the desired Nature, ability, and gender filled in.

I boot the game at 02:35:41, no keypresses, press A when the comet appears, mash X as the season fades, grab the egg as fast as possible, and hatch it. It doesn't match anything on the list of frames for that seed.

What am I doing wrong?

The Eleventh
26th December 2011, 7:45 PM
Ok, I'm still having trouble hitting my seed, so I'm gonna post everything to make sure I'm doing it right. To be clear, I want a regular egg, not a shiny egg, with 31/10/31/30/31/31. The seed is F8BE773408BCA716, the time is 12/01/11, 02:35:42, with no keypresses, so I'm booting the game at 02:35:41.

Using Time Finder, with 3 Keypresses, under 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg, Year 2011, Month 12, Min/Max Frame is 50/100. Breeding Type Black/White, Everstone nature Calm, Nature and Ability Any, gender any, Mother's IVs 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Father's IVs 31/10/31/30/31/18. Enter the desired IVs, and hit generate.

Pick a seed that matchs everything I want, it inherits the proper IVs from Ma and Fe, has a Calm Nature, Ability 0, Dream Ability False, and there is an M under the 12.5% column.

C+P from Time Finder to the main window, Method Breeding BW, Everstone Nature Calm, the IVs aren't filled in, but I have the desired Nature, ability, and gender filled in.

I boot the game at 02:35:41, no keypresses, press A when the comet appears, mash X as the season fades, grab the egg as fast as possible, and hatch it. It doesn't match anything on the list of frames for that seed.

What am I doing wrong?
I think the part in bold might be your problem. When searching for your SSF, don't fill in nature, ability and gender. If you do, then only possibilities with those attributes will appear in the main window, and you won't see everything that appears in that seed.

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 8:00 PM
Oh I don't have those filled in when I'm searching for the SSF, I would fill them in if I eventually find my SSF. Usually when I hatch the egg, I ride from Route 3 to Skyarrow Bridge, but the season has to change because of the month. Does that or the old man shouting that another egg is ready have any influence? I'd assume no, because I know that characteristic's of an egg are locked when you pick it up, but I'm new to RNG breeding.

derena
26th December 2011, 8:36 PM
Nah, the old man shouting doesn't do anything once you picked up your egg, he shouted at me loads of times ( he's persistent isn't he? << ) and I still hit my target

MSK
26th December 2011, 8:37 PM
So I'm proficient in Wild, Stationary and Egg RNG, but I now have a question for people ;)

Shaking spots. I want to RNG an Almoloma, so how would I go about getting a shaking spot to appear for me to RNG without advancing the frame far too much?
If it's too complicate I'll just breed for one but I was trying to cut out an extra breeding step lol

The Eleventh
26th December 2011, 8:40 PM
Oh I don't have those filled in when I'm searching for the SSF, I would fill them in if I eventually find my SSF. Usually when I hatch the egg, I ride from Route 3 to Skyarrow Bridge, but the season has to change because of the month. Does that or the old man shouting that another egg is ready have any influence? I'd assume no, because I know that characteristic's of an egg are locked when you pick it up, but I'm new to RNG breeding.
Then I guess you mustn't be hitting your seed correctly.

Shaking spots. I want to RNG an Almoloma, so how would I go about getting a shaking spot to appear for me to RNG without advancing the frame far too much?
If it's too complicate I'll just breed for one but I was trying to cut out an extra breeding step lol
You're better off breeding Pokémon that appear via phenomenon. Both the IVRNG frame and PIDRNG frame are, or can be, advanced while you try to get a water spot to appear, causing difficulty.

MSK
26th December 2011, 9:00 PM
You're better off breeding Pokémon that appear via phenomenon. Both the IVRNG frame and PIDRNG frame are, or can be, advanced while you try to get a water spot to appear, causing difficulty.

That's what I thought, oh well just an extra breed step, never mind. I'll get on that now :)
Target is a Wailord with Aqua ring, holding leftovers. Smashing out Water Spout :)

foxyman1167
26th December 2011, 9:20 PM
Then I guess you mustn't be hitting your seed correctly.

Damn, I've tried several different ways at booting the game, maybe I should save and change the SSF?

TDawg
26th December 2011, 11:08 PM
Damn, I've tried several different ways at booting the game, maybe I should save and change the SSF?

Sometimes that all it takes. At least for me.

~Selene~
27th December 2011, 2:35 AM
Well after being really busy over Christmas and my Timer0 messing with my head I finally got a 31/31/2/30/31/30 shiny luvdisc.

foxyman1167
27th December 2011, 4:44 AM
Sometimes that all it takes. At least for me.

OK I'm gonna try again, and if it doesn't work, I'm gonna try a seed that has keypresses.

TDawg
27th December 2011, 4:53 AM
I found it very difficult at first, far harder than Gen V, but now I think it's really easy. There are some other Pokemon I'd like to RNG on Gen IV, too.

Yup, as well as for Roost.

Have any guides you used? I am having trouble with Smogon and bearsfan's vids

EDIT:

OK I'm gonna try again, and if it doesn't work, I'm gonna try a seed that has keypresses.

Call me crazy, but those seed are much easier for me to hit then ones without any keypresses.

foxyman1167
27th December 2011, 7:51 AM
OK, this still isn't working, and it's driving me crazy why it isn't.

I'm gonna take a break and RNG something else. Is RNG Fishing recommended, or is that better left for breeding?

TDawg
27th December 2011, 8:20 AM

I'm gonna take a break and RNG something else. Is RNG Fishing recommended, or is that better left for breeding?

I'm sorry things aren't working out.

Haven't tried it, but I assume it's much like Wild RNGs but maybe a different adjustment.

But once you get it down breeding is your bestest friend. And I mean BESTEST.

foxyman1167
27th December 2011, 9:06 AM
I'm sorry things aren't working out.

Haven't tried it, but I assume it's much like Wild RNGs but maybe a different adjustment.

But once you get it down breeding is your bestest friend. And I mean BESTEST.

Oh I can imagine, I've spent so much time IV Breeding the regular way, I would really love to know what to do. Guess I'll just try again in the morning :( I know I'm so close to getting it, there is just that one thing.

I've tried other seeds, checked the parents, took them out and back in again, tried a new egg, tried shifting the frame, nothing.

The Eleventh
27th December 2011, 11:39 AM
Have any guides you used? I am having trouble with Smogon and bearsfan's vids
I used the Smogon guide. Just go through it slowly, and you should start getting places with a bit of trial and error.

I really want you to succeed at this, so then you can see how easy it is after a little practice. :P Since you know your parameters are right from previous RNGs, it must be your seed. Make sure you're not hitting a different timer0 by right-clicking your seed and generating adjacent times on the current frame. See if the egg hatched matches three IVs of any of the seeds listed.

Hmm... You probably have this right, but just to be sure; what are your min/max frames in the Time Finder window? Both should be set to 8, since you're breeding.

As for RNGing while fishing, it's not too bad, but the wide level range for encounter slots can be annoying (you can never exactly determine what level the Pokémon will be at).

foxyman1167
27th December 2011, 4:33 PM
I really want you to succeed at this, so then you can see how easy it is after a little practice. :P Since you know your parameters are right from previous RNGs, it must be your seed. Make sure you're not hitting a different timer0 by right-clicking your seed and generating adjacent times on the current frame. See if the egg hatched matches three IVs of any of the seeds listed.

Hmm... You probably have this right, but just to be sure; what are your min/max frames in the Time Finder window? Both should be set to 8, since you're breeding.

They are both 8. I'll try what you suggested.

EDIT: Not working again, I'm not getting the IVs that I should be getting.

Could someone else detail exactly how they go about hatching regular eggs with specific IV spreads, and I'll compare, make absolutely sure I'm doing it right.

The Eleventh
27th December 2011, 6:47 PM
OK, first off, make sure your Time Finder window looks like this (http://i.imgur.com/9O1io.png). Once you've found a seed, right-click, copy, and then paste it into the main window of RNG Reporter. That window should look like this (http://i.imgur.com/LhfVB.png). Make sure to tick whether you're using a Ditto or not, and if you're using international parents, choose Breeding (BW, International) as your method. Fill in the desired nature, ability and gender once you've found your SSF (usually three to five off the starting frame).

Vandslaux
27th December 2011, 9:44 PM
Does hitting your seed only influence your IVs and nature? Does hitting your frame influence what pokemon you get? Because I realized I had 5 pokemon on my team, I deposited them, and when I came back, I found an Outstanding Audino with flawless HP, Atk, and Def. Does that have anything to do with it?

Also, does it mean I hit my seed if I can see the clock move to my target time as I'm going into the game on the DS Lite?

The Eleventh
27th December 2011, 9:49 PM
Does hitting your seed only influence your IVs and nature? Does hitting your frame influence what pokemon you get? Because I realized I had 5 pokemon on my team, I deposited them, and when I came back, I found an Outstanding Audino with flawless HP, Atk, and Def. Does that have anything to do with it?
The IVRNG frame (generated by hitting your seed) deals with only IVs, the PIDRNG frame determines encounter slot (which Pokémon you'll get), nature, ability, gender and shininess.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/WYLcJ.gif
#443 Gible
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Veil | Type: Dragon/Ground
Hatch Location: Dragonspiral Tower | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Egg Moves: Outrage

I just RNGed this. I have a flawless Gible from a previous project, but I forgot to give it Outrage, so I decided to go back and revisit it. It didn't take long, anyway, since I had suitable parents at hand.

Vandslaux
27th December 2011, 9:54 PM
I swear I'm hitting my seed, going in the game a second before, I'm going in at 14:46:04 (I'm also using the DS Lite clock), but I'm not getting the right IVs. I'm getting random IVs.

I also keep being tempted to go into the Audino grass (that or accidentally), so that might also be part of the problem.

I'm trying to RNG a flawless Ditto via IVRNG. My frame is 4, so I'm using a Super repel with 3 pokemon in my party and going left and right alongside the Giant Chasm grass.

The Eleventh
27th December 2011, 9:57 PM
Are you Sweet Scenting? Do you know how to advance the PIDRNG frame to get the correct encounter slot? If you're not getting the correct IVs, then you mustn't be hitting your seed, so it could be a timer0-related problem.

Falk
27th December 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm trying to find my white parameter and wondered if I need a pokemon at exact lvl 50 for the IVs? Or can the IV's be from a low leveled pokemon as long as there's no wandering NPC around?

Vandslaux
27th December 2011, 10:21 PM
Do I need to Chatter AND walk around with 3 pokes?

And Sweet Scent isn't working at the Giant Chasm, I'm using an lv 30 Foongus.

So recalibrate?

The Eleventh
27th December 2011, 11:22 PM
Do I need to Chatter AND walk around with 3 pokes?

And Sweet Scent isn't working at the Giant Chasm, I'm using an lv 30 Foongus.

So recalibrate?
You should use a seed with a frame of 1, otherwise you'll be advancing the PIDRNG frame by walking, needlessly complicating things. Find a seed with a frame of 1, then copy it into the main window of RNG and fill out the correct information. Calculate your starting frame, then find a PIDRNG frame with an encounter slot for Ditto (3 and 6, I think, but check to be certain). Subtract the target frame from your starting frame, and that's how many Chatot advancements you'll have to do. To remove the fog so you can Sweet Scent, change the in-game season by altering the month set on your DS, then enter a battle. The fog will then disappear, so you can save, hit your seed, do the required advances, and then Sweet Scent.

TDawg
28th December 2011, 12:50 AM
I'm trying to find my white parameter and wondered if I need a pokemon at exact lvl 50 for the IVs? Or can the IV's be from a low leveled pokemon as long as there's no wandering NPC around?

It doesn't need to be but the IV range will be much higher. Victory Road works well though.

Zak Attack XIII
28th December 2011, 1:00 AM
So I have a question.. If u 5 th gen shiny egg rng an egg and you hit your seed, get your egg from the daycare man, then you save before hatching , restart then use the action replay to clone the egg? Could u then take that egg and trade it to a different game and hatch it on that game with the same RNGed stats? I haven't got the chance to try it because I only have one ds so I can't trade the egg... I have how ever RNGed an egg save hatched it then, turned the game off then used the AR to clone that egg Before hatching and hatching the cloned egg... The stats where the same as far as I could tell... If you. Could trade the cloned eggs you could trade people shiny flawless eggs that would hatch with there OT: and nicknames.... That would be really cool..

Falk
28th December 2011, 1:06 AM
It doesn't need to be but the IV range will be much higher. Victory Road works well though.

I caught the pokemon and headed to the battle testing lab which auto-levels up your pokemon to 50^^

I got my parameters now and I'm trying to hit my seed with a frame of 1(wild grass pokemon), but I won't seem to hit it and instead get the message that there were no pokemon responsing or something when I use sweet scent. I'm supposed to only bring one pokemon and sweet scent as soon as possible without moving at the frame of 1 right?

derena
28th December 2011, 1:09 AM
I did it with 5 pokémon, but I don't think it matters much as long as you don't walk. If you're getting that message when sweet scenting it means you're either in an area where no wild pokémon are, or they're unable to attack you ( ie.: With repel still active )

Falk
28th December 2011, 1:12 AM
I did it with 5 pokémon, but I don't think it matters much as long as you don't walk. If you're getting that message when sweet scenting it means you're either in an area where no wild pokémon are, or they're unable to attack you ( ie.: With repel still active )

I was trying to hit my frame in the dragonspiral entrance, buuut my repel was active though:S I'll try again and see if it works without the repel then:P Thanks!

The Eleventh
28th December 2011, 1:16 AM
So I have a question.. If u 5 th gen shiny egg rng an egg and you hit your seed, get your egg from the daycare man, then you save before hatching , restart then use the action replay to clone the egg? Could u then take that egg and trade it to a different game and hatch it on that game with the same RNGed stats? I haven't got the chance to try it because I only have one ds so I can't trade the egg... I have how ever RNGed an egg save hatched it then, turned the game off then used the AR to clone that egg Before hatching and hatching the cloned egg... The stats where the same as far as I could tell... If you. Could trade the cloned eggs you could trade people shiny flawless eggs that would hatch with there OT: and nicknames.... That would be really cool..
The eggs will have the same IVs even when traded, however they will not remain shiny, as shininess is determined through your ID/SID combo. You could input the other player's ID and SID while RNGing an egg and cause it to appear shiny in their game, but not yours.

Zak Attack XIII
28th December 2011, 1:24 AM
The eggs will have the same IVs even when traded, however they will not remain shiny, as shininess is determined through your ID/SID combo. You could input the other player's ID and SID while RNGing an egg and cause it to appear shiny in their game, but not yours.

Great thanks friend = )

foxyman1167
28th December 2011, 5:59 AM
OK, first off, make sure your Time Finder window looks like this (http://i.imgur.com/9O1io.png). Once you've found a seed, right-click, copy, and then paste it into the main window of RNG Reporter. That window should look like this (http://i.imgur.com/LhfVB.png). Make sure to tick whether you're using a Ditto or not, and if you're using international parents, choose Breeding (BW, International) as your method. Fill in the desired nature, ability and gender once you've found your SSF (usually three to five off the starting frame).

Thanks, I'm trying this as I'm typing, I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT: Didn't work. Do DS' parameters change if another game is played on the same DS? Example, I took my White out of DS Lite #1 and put in my Black. Played that for a while, and put White back in. Will White still have the same parameters?

TDawg
28th December 2011, 6:24 AM

EDIT: Didn't work. Do DS' parameters change if another game is played on the same DS? Example, I took my White out of DS Lite #1 and put in my Black. Played that for a while, and put White back in. Will White still have the same parameters?

Yeah it will still be the same.

Too Funk to Druck
28th December 2011, 6:26 AM

No, they shouldn't change unless you're trying to RNG with them in another DS.

foxyman1167
28th December 2011, 8:18 AM
Yeah, I tried it, and they're the same. I'm gonna try the other Timer0 that popped up when I was trying to find my parameters, see if that helps.

I feel so dumb. I completely wasted three days :|, it turns out the Timer0 should have been C7F instead of C7E, which is weird because I RNG'd the rest of them on C7E. But hey, I don't care! I'm so relieved it finally hatched the right spread and everything!

Again, big thanks to Too Funk to Druck, SpeedSuicune, and TDawg, for all your help, again.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/138.gif
#138 Omanyte | NN: None | Gender: ♂
OT: James | ID: 08501
Calm | Hatched: 12/22/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Water/Rock| Ability: Swift Swim
Constrict / Withdraw
31/10/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass 70

I'm noticing a weird pattern here, I don't seem to hit my frame until the wee hours in the morning ;D

The timing is perfect, tomorrow I have the day off from work, so I can enjoy winter break, and get this guy EV trained and leveled up for Battle Subway Doubles.

The Eleventh
28th December 2011, 11:21 AM
So it was your timer0 all along. It can be a pain sometimes, but it looks like it gave you a lot of grief. :P Congrats on your Omanyte, anyway. :D

MSK
28th December 2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats Foxyman.
Yes that Timer0 can be a real pain in the bum. You'll probably find you switch back to the other one again now!! lol
I get it all the time and it's all about persistence so glad you got there in the end.

The Eleventh
28th December 2011, 1:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/i7oIK.gif
#120 Staryu
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Timid | Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water
Egg Moves: --

I RNGed this a few minutes ago. I'm going to EV train it and my Gible from last night, then I've got one or two other things I might do before resuming work on my Pokédex.

TDawg
28th December 2011, 8:11 PM
Yeah, I tried it, and they're the same. I'm gonna try the other Timer0 that popped up when I was trying to find my parameters, see if that helps.

I feel so dumb. I completely wasted three days :|, it turns out the Timer0 should have been C7F instead of C7E, which is weird because I RNG'd the rest of them on C7E. But hey, I don't care! I'm so relieved it finally hatched the right spread and everything!

Again, big thanks to Too Funk to Druck, SpeedSuicune, and TDawg, for all your help, again.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/138.gif
#138 Omanyte | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Calm | Hatched: 12/22/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Water/Rock| Ability: Swift Swim
Constrict / Withdraw
31/10/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass 70

I'm noticing a weird pattern here, I don't seem to hit my frame until the wee hours in the morning ;D

The timing is perfect, tomorrow I have the day off from work, so I can enjoy winter break, and get this guy EV trained and leveled up for Battle Subway Doubles.

Good Job man! Knew you would get it eventually.^^

http://i.imgur.com/i7oIK.gif
#120 Staryu
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Timid | Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water
Egg Moves: --

I RNGed this a few minutes ago. I'm going to EV train it and my Gible from last night, then I've got one or two other things I might do before resuming work on my Pokédex.

Nice RNG, Speed. I plan on doing one of those myself for my team.

foxyman1167
28th December 2011, 8:37 PM
I'm loving this Omastar, he's like a wrecking ball in the Battle Subway after a Shell Smash <3

I'm gonna RNG an egg of a Horsea with 31/31/31/x/31/31, to replace the one I already have. Also thinking of a Dry Skin Toxicroak, trying to decide on Egg Moves.

The Eleventh
28th December 2011, 8:40 PM
I'm loving this Omastar, he's like a wrecking ball in the Battle Subway after a Shell Smash <3

I'm gonna RNG an egg of a Horsea with 31/31/31/x/31/31, to replace the one I already have. Also thinking of a Dry Skin Toxicroak, trying to decide on Egg Moves.
Heh, the Starmie I RNGed is amazing in the Subway. It's sweeping everything. xD

Hopefully you'll have an easier time with Horsea than you did with Omanyte. I have a Dry Skin Toxicroak. I gave him Bullet Punch and Drain Punch as egg moves, although it requires a Lucario from Gen IV to know the moves.

Wytetyger
28th December 2011, 8:47 PM
O M G WHY?!?! I can't even press USE RESULT IN TIME FINDER!!!!!!!!!! All that work to get stuck by the RNG reporter itself?????

Too Funk to Druck
28th December 2011, 9:09 PM
O M G WHY?!?! I can't even press USE RESULT IN TIME FINDER!!!!!!!!!! All that work to get stuck by the RNG reporter itself?????

I've never had issues with that. It's either your computer or a glitch with RNG Reporter. I've seen people find parameters since the newest version came out, so it's most likely the former.

foxyman1167
28th December 2011, 9:23 PM
Heh, the Starmie I RNGed is amazing in the Subway. It's sweeping everything. xD

I know, I had IV bred a Staryu a long time ago on Emerald, x/x/x/31/x/31. I have cloned it and sent it to Platinum and White, I love him. Hence the claim ;D

Hopefully you'll have an easier time with Horsea than you did with Omanyte. I have a Dry Skin Toxicroak. I gave him Bullet Punch and Drain Punch as egg moves, although it requires a Lucario from Gen IV to know the moves.

I am, I hit my seed the first try! I'm so happy it's so easy now!

Wytetyger
28th December 2011, 9:37 PM
I redownloaded the RNG Reporter.. same issues.. search finds nothing. And i did everything according to the video. Guess I'm done with RNG... funny thing is this all worked perfectly in Gen 4, including the older RNG Reporter

~Selene~
28th December 2011, 9:40 PM
Wytetyger dont give up I can't get results in 9.93 but 9.8 and 9.92 works fine for me

On another note just got my first flawless. A Relaxed male Shiny Snivy ^.^

TDawg
28th December 2011, 10:57 PM
I redownloaded the RNG Reporter.. same issues.. search finds nothing. And i did everything according to the video. Guess I'm done with RNG... funny thing is this all worked perfectly in Gen 4, including the older RNG Reporter

Are you putting keypresses in?

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 4:30 AM
Success! RNG Egg #2

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/116.gif
#116 Horsea | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 12/27/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Water | Ability: Swift Swim
Waterfall / Outrage / Rest / Bubble
31/31/31/16/31/31
Hidden Power: Electric 59

Gonna EV train this one first though, to replace my other Swift Swim Kingdra, who I had hatched with 31/31/11/x/31/31. Wasted EVs to make the defense stats even.[/LEFT]

TDawg
29th December 2011, 6:13 AM
Success! RNG Egg #2

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/116.gif
#116 Horsea | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 12/27/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Waterfall / Outrage / Rest / Bubble
31/31/31/16/31/31
Hidden Power: Electric 59

Gonna EV train this one first though, to replace my other Swift Swim Kingdra, who I had hatched with 31/31/11/x/31/31. Wasted EVs to make the defense stats even.[/LEFT]

Congrats!^^ It's nice to see you're getting the hang of things.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 6:19 AM
Congrats!^^ It's nice to see you're getting the hang of things.

It's amazing, what normally takes me 2-3 days took me 2-3 hours! I'm so glad I have a flawless Ditto, makes everything easier :)

TDawg
29th December 2011, 6:26 AM
It's amazing, what normally takes me 2-3 days took me 2-3 hours! I'm so glad I have a flawless Ditto, makes everything easier :)

Yeah! Ditto is your best friend lol.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 7:06 AM
Yeah! Ditto is your best friend lol.

The burning question, what to breed next. So many options, I'm thinking Dry Skin Toxicroak, but can't decide a moveset.

TDawg
29th December 2011, 7:14 AM
The burning question, what to breed next. So many options, I'm thinking Dry Skin Toxicroak, but can't decide a moveset.

If you ask me I would say Aggron. I just love his shiny form.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 7:30 AM
Ehh, I don't plan on RNGing too many shinies, takes away their value from me IMHO. I was thinking of RNGing Omanyte to be shiny, once I figured it out, so it could serve as a nice trophy for not giving up, but I didn't find any easy shiny frames, and wanted to get the thing done already.

If I do go for a shiny, it'll be something smexy, like Starmie, or Kingdra, not something crappy like Simisear or Emboar, but I don't plan on abusing it.

TDawg
29th December 2011, 8:05 AM
Ehh, I don't plan on RNGing too many shinies, takes away their value from me IMHO. I was thinking of RNGing Omanyte to be shiny, once I figured it out, so it could serve as a nice trophy for not giving up, but I didn't find any easy shiny frames, and wanted to get the thing done already.

If I do go for a shiny, it'll be something smexy, like Starmie, or Kingdra, not something crappy like Simisear or Emboar, but I don't plan on abusing it.

I think we're on the same boat lol. I rarely want a shiny. It actually the last think I care about on a pokemon.

Well then go for a Garchomp xD... not really.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 8:10 AM
I think we're on the same boat lol. I rarely want a shiny. It actually the last think I care about on a pokemon.

Well then go for a Garchomp xD... not really.

I've decided to finish Black and properly RNG the Musketeer trio, Landorus, and maybe Tornadus, use it as trade fodder to get a flawless Thundurus. I'll also RNG that Victini, mostly for practice, I already have four of them from the GameStop download :3

MSK
29th December 2011, 10:42 AM
Morning All.

Just RNG'd the 5th member for my VGC team

Foongus Shiny Relaxed 31/29/31/31/31/0. Will evolve to Amoonguss with Spore for a bit of Trick Room sleep inducing :)

I seem to be finding a pattern for my breeding, if I ever have a problem hitting a seed late at night I'll leave it and invariably I'll try it again as soon as I get up and hit it 1st time!! :)

derena
29th December 2011, 2:46 PM
I don't get the spreads in gen IV, it sais to take one of the spreads from those files, but most of those are frames in the thousands =/ I'm not gonna flip that many pages :P

The Eleventh
29th December 2011, 5:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/68fXQ.gif
#116 Horsea
Nature: Mild | Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Water
Egg Moves: Outrage

http://i.imgur.com/vTk7r.gif
#270 Lotad
Nature: Modest | Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Water/Grass
Hatch Location: White Forest | Hidden Power: Dragon 68
Egg Moves: Giga Drain / Sweet Scent / Synthesis
IVs: 31/8/31/31/31/31

I RNGed these two in the past hour. I'll be using them in the Subway, because, right now, I'm so annoyed at the Super Double Line. I can't even get past twenty battles, and I'm using Terracotta. I really hate double battles. :/

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 5:41 PM
Is it possible to RNG White Forest Pokemon?

@Speed - Nice RNG's, Swift Swim Kingdra is a monster in the rain.

The Eleventh
29th December 2011, 5:51 PM
Is it possible to RNG White Forest Pokemon?
I'm sure you can RNG their IVs fine, but the Pokémon there lack encounter slots, I believe, so it's difficult to obtain the one of your choice. You'd be better off egg RNGing.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 6:19 PM
Yeah, I'm just checking. I'm about to RNG the Musketeer trio, wish me luck!

TDawg
29th December 2011, 9:45 PM
Yeah, I'm just checking. I'm about to RNG the Musketeer trio, wish me luck!

Good luck, well if you're going for a shiny. Otherwise it should be cakewalk for you^^ But Virizion is the only good shiny out of those in my opinion.

foxyman1167
29th December 2011, 9:55 PM
Good luck, well if you're going for a shiny. Otherwise it should be cakewalk for you^^ But Virizion is the only good shiny out of those in my opinion.

Wow, you weren't kidding, first try, hit my seed, and caught it in the first Premier Ball. I'm gonna RNG Terrakion to be shiny, I like it.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/638.gif
#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: None
OT: Johnny | ID: 23963
Jolly | Caught: 12/05/2011 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Sacred Sword / Iron Head / Retaliate / Helping Hand
31/31/31/4/31/31

TDawg
29th December 2011, 10:08 PM
Wow, you weren't kidding, first try, hit my seed, and caught it in the first Premier Ball. I'm gonna RNG Terrakion to be shiny, I like it. Crap, I forgot this is my Black, not White, I have no idea what my SID is.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/638.gif
#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: None
Jolly | Caught: 12/05/2011 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/31/31/4/31/31

Just send a pokemon (any that you caught) to pokecheck.org and it will tell you your ID/SID

foxyman1167
30th December 2011, 1:12 AM
Changed my mind, decided against Shiny Terrakion, I feel weird having one out of the three shiny. But I digress:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/639.gif
#639 Terrakion | NN: None | Gender: None
Jolly | Caught: 12/06/2011 | Trial Chamber
Type: Rock/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/31/31/4/31/31

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/640.gif
#640 Virizion | NN: None | Gender: None
Timid | Caught: 12/10/2011 | Rumination Field
Type: Grass/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/2/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice 70

I really wish you could buy Premier Ball's in bulk lol. With these three, that brings the official tally to 8:

Wild RNG: 3
Egg RNG: 2
Stationary RNG: 3

Not bad for about a week's worth, though screwing up Omanyte ate up a large chunk of that, but hey, you live and you learn, right?

Scorch5688
30th December 2011, 4:44 AM
It's been a while since I last RNG'd, didn't know there was a new version up already. Anyway, I have a seed saved on 9.92 for something flawless and shiny. I haven't RNG'd it yet, don't have the time to do so as of late. Upgrading to 9.93, am I going to lose this seed or will I be able to find it again? I've had experiences of finding shiny seeds and recording them, but they disappear once I upgrade.

TDawg
30th December 2011, 4:59 AM
It's been a while since I last RNG'd, didn't know there was a new version up already. Anyway, I have a seed saved on 9.92 for something flawless and shiny. I haven't RNG'd it yet, don't have the time to do so as of late. Upgrading to 9.93, am I going to lose this seed or will I be able to find it again? I've had experiences of finding shiny seeds and recording them, but they disappear once I upgrade.

You'll be able to find it again. Might want to copy the seed by csv or whatever which will convert to an excel file.

derena
30th December 2011, 2:53 PM
Just rng'ed that movie14 victini, was a lot easier then I expected. Went for a flawless jolly one :)

I wish I could start over in black without losing all my pokémon... So I could RNG the legendaries aswell.

Falk
30th December 2011, 7:42 PM
I jumped over to egg RNG instead of wild pkm, but there's a few "holes" that I've figured out yet. Here's what I do+where the "knowledge holes" are:
1: I found my parametres(checked them more than once to be sure that I really found the correct numbers)
Results:
1: Standard Seed method,DS lite,white version
Parametre:
AS: 51(50) VCo: 60 Timer0:C7F GX: 6 Cfra: 6
51(50) meaning I got an delay of 1.

2: Uses the parametres+opens "4th/5th gen shiny egg" and inputs ID+SID+check Shiny Only. Year 2011,month 12, min/max frame 8-20, Min/max delay 600-610. I don't care about the IV's for now, I just want to succeed in breeding a shiny egg first:P

3: Press "Generate", picks the seed with the lowest frame(8).----Here's where the "knowledge hole" arrives--- Now what?
My assumptions:
Check the time and start the game one sec before(cause I got a delay of 1), but first copy the seed and input it on the "Capture: Seed(Hex)", select breeding(BW) input ID,SID,check shiny only.
The same frame/nature etc pops up on the screen when I press generate, but now what? I tried to press "calculate Initial PIDRNG FRAME" and he starting frame went from 1 to 47. Am I supposed to hear the custom chatot screech 47 times in front of the egg man?

foxyman1167
30th December 2011, 7:56 PM
I jumped over to egg RNG instead of wild pkm, but there's a few "holes" that I've figured out yet. Here's what I do+where the "knowledge holes" are:
1: I found my parametres(checked them more than once to be sure that I really found the correct numbers)
Results:
Parametre:

2: Uses the parametres+opens "4th/5th gen shiny egg" and inputs ID+SID+check Shiny Only. Year 2011,month 12, min/max frame 8-20, Min/max delay 600-610. I don't care about the IV's for now, I just want to succeed in breeding a shiny egg first:P

3: Press "Generate", picks the seed with the lowest frame(8).----Here's where the "knowledge hole" arrives--- Now what?
My assumptions:
Check the time and start the game one sec before(cause I got a delay of 1), but first copy the seed and input it on the "Capture: Seed(Hex)", select breeding(BW) input ID,SID,check shiny only.
The same frame/nature etc pops up on the screen when I press generate, but now what? I tried to press "calculate Initial PIDRNG FRAME" and he starting frame went from 1 to 47. Am I supposed to hear the custom chatot screech 47 times in front of the egg man?

From what I understand about RNG'ing an egg, the calculated initial PIDRNG Frame is higher than the one that is given, due to the ton of NPCs on Route 3. You don't start flipping from Frame 1, you start flipping from your SSF (shifting start frame), which you learn by hitting your seed, hatching the egg, and seeing what frame the egg matches up to. Say you hatch an egg that matches frame 60, from there you do your number of flips to find the frame you want. So if the target frame is 100, you would do roughly 40 flips, not 100 flips.

Makes sense?

The Eleventh
30th December 2011, 8:15 PM
Results:
Parametre:

My assumptions:
First of all, you shouldn't have to input delay values. You need to select Black/White from the Breeding Type drop-down box, or BW (International) if you're using foreign parents. As for the Chatot flips, you need to find your target PIDRNG frame, which you'll get from the Shiny Egg window if you do it correctly. Your subtract your starting frame from the target frame, and that's how many times you need to hear Chatot's custom cry. However, due to wandering NPCs on Route 3, you'll have to do three-five less advances.

Falk
30th December 2011, 8:23 PM
See if I got this right:
I have to start the game on the given time(-one sec due to the delay) and see which frame the egg matches(taken from the egg man straight after the game loads). But which of the frame lists shall I compare it to? The list at "4th/5th gen shiny egg" or the other?

Bleh I must sound like such a newbieXD

foxyman1167
30th December 2011, 8:27 PM
See if I got this right:
I have to start the game on the given time(-one sec due to the delay) and see which frame the egg matches(taken from the egg man straight after the game loads). But which of the frame lists shall I compare it to? The list at "4th/5th gen shiny egg" or the other?

Bleh I must sound like such a newbieXD

You should be looking at the main window.

TDawg
31st December 2011, 5:22 AM
I feel like I never show this thread love with my own pokes anymore, lol. This was a breeding project for someone in my trade thread.

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/449.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/450.gif★
#449 Hippopotas | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ground.gif | ♂ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Brave | Ability: Sand Stream | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 12/13/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0 | Hidden Power: N/A
Move(s): Tackle | Sand-Attack | Slack Off

foxyman1167
31st December 2011, 5:29 AM
I feel like I never show this thread love with my own pokes anymore, lol. This was a breeding project for someone in my trade thread.

★http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/449.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/450.gif★
#449 Hippopotas | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ground.gif | ♂ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Brave | Ability: Sand Stream | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 12/13/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0 | Hidden Power: N/A

Move(s): Tackle | Sand-Attack | Slack Off

Nice one TDawg. For a second I thought it was shiny, the stars confused me lol.

TDawg
31st December 2011, 5:42 AM
Nice one TDawg. For a second I thought it was shiny, the stars confused me lol.

Thanks. It is shiny lol.

EDIT: It was hard to tell if I hit the seed or not.

Non Shiny
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/449.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/450.gif
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/449.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/450.gif
Shiny^

A.ustin
31st December 2011, 8:11 AM
I can't understand it

TDawg
31st December 2011, 8:12 AM
I can't understand it

Understand what?

jolteonjak
31st December 2011, 8:16 AM
I haven't RNG'd in months. I started again tonight. With the help of the videos of BEARSFAN092 and JOLTEON135, I was able to catch:

Meinfoo (F)
Adamant - Regenerator
31/31/31/21/31/31

I was also able to catch a Male with the same IV's. Next I learn how to RNG eggs. ^__^

foxyman1167
31st December 2011, 8:17 AM
Completely by accident, hatched it while trying to find my SSF lmao.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/529.gif
#529 Drilbur | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 12/22/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Ground | Ability: Sand Rush
Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Swords Dance
31/31/31/x/31/31

Is it any more difficult to RNG an egg with a Dream World Ability?

I can't understand it

That's what this thread is for buddy. They helped me out a ton, they can do the same for you ^.^

RNG Tally:
Egg RNG - 3
Legendary RNG - 3
Wild RNG - 3

I think my next target will be Larvitar, not sure.

TDawg
31st December 2011, 8:27 AM
Completely by accident, hatched it while trying to find my SSF lmao.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/529.gif
#529 Drilbur | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 12/22/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Ground | Ability: Sand Rush
Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Swords Dance
31/31/31/x/31/31

Is it any more difficult to RNG an egg with a Dream World Ability?

That's what this thread is for buddy. They helped me out a ton, they can do the same for you ^.^

RNG Tally:
Egg RNG - 3
Legendary RNG - 3
Wild RNG - 3

I think my next target will be Larvitar, not sure.

DW isn't any harder, but you can't use Ditto so you might need to RNG the parents before you RNG the final result. BTW nice accidental Drilbur ^^

foxyman1167
31st December 2011, 8:33 AM
DW isn't any harder, but you can't use Ditto so you might need to RNG the parents before you RNG the final result. BTW nice accidental Drilbur ^^

I realized it was more of an accident than I thought, I was hunting a frame, but didn't have the 'Ditto Parent' box checked off ;)

The Eleventh
31st December 2011, 1:57 PM
To hatch Pokémon with Dream World abilities, you just need to look under the DW column in the main window once you've put in your seed. If it says "True", the egg will hatch with its DW ability, providing you have the correct parents, of course. Alternatively, just tick "Dream World ability only", and only frames with "True" will appear.

foxyman1167
31st December 2011, 10:31 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/418.gif
#418 Buizel | NN: None | Gender: None
Adamant | Caught: 12/09/2011 | Route 11
Aqua Jet / Razor Wind / Whirlpool / Agility
31/31/31/6/31/31

RNG Tally:
Wild RNG: 4
Egg RNG: 3
Stationary RNG: 3

Gonna EV train him later when I decide the spread, not sure if I want Max HP or Max Sp. Def, considering he needs no Speed investment, hitting 270 speed in the rain, 11 points faster than ScarfManectric.

derena
1st January 2012, 3:26 AM
I took some time off with rng'ing to focus some more on the dream world pokémon again. Still need to catch a lot :)

So for a DW off spring you need a mother with the ability, and a father from the same species ( but not neccesarely from the dream world, correct? ) Just wanna make sure that I still only need females to breed em, cause I can breed for a male :)

kaorusquee
1st January 2012, 4:01 AM
Gave myself a New Year's Eve project, and after my confusion and switching to different seeds, I finally succeeded! Shiny male Snivy with an IV spread of 31/1/31/31/31/31. Named him Aspen after the quaking aspens that proliferate here.

Too Funk to Druck
1st January 2012, 5:15 AM
I took some time off with rng'ing to focus some more on the dream world pokémon again. Still need to catch a lot :)

So for a DW off spring you need a mother with the ability, and a father from the same species ( but not neccesarely from the dream world, correct? ) Just wanna make sure that I still only need females to breed em, cause I can breed for a male :)

You just need something from the same egg group. As long as it's not a Ditto.

Scorch5688
1st January 2012, 8:23 AM
Surfing RNGs work the same as any regular wild encounter RNGs right? Except you have to set encounter type as surfing right?

TDawg
1st January 2012, 9:08 AM
Surfing RNGs work the same as any regular wild encounter RNGs right? Except you have to set encounter type as surfing right?

That would be correct.

dewey911p
1st January 2012, 10:08 AM
i want to share this but im not sure who exactly to share it with, so i will share it with you guys :)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/165.png
#165 Ledyba | Bug/Flying | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Timid | Ability: Early Bird | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 12/2/2011 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Bide, Encore, and Bug Buzz

i believe this pokemon is so pathetic that there isnt even an OT: Mat version out there lol. Im on a crusade to RNG the entire dex and i was wondering what the most pathetic pokemon i would have to RNG would be. At first i thought it would be Caterpie or Weedle, but they are atleast Viable is some capacity or another, but Ledyba/Ledian seem to be as usuless as can be. I even posted this in the Ledyba/Ledian thread (post number 13 lol) and i think i might be the only person to own a legit flawless shiny Ledyba haha :D

The Eleventh
1st January 2012, 11:26 AM
Haha, sometimes I feel like RNGing shiny flawless useless Pokémon for no reason at all. xD I want to do Carnivine now, but I'm going to focus on finishing my Dex first, though.

gunbomb90
1st January 2012, 11:32 AM
Which hasn't been updated since August...

I see..my bad @@

Scorch5688
1st January 2012, 3:53 PM
What about fishing? Has anyone here tried to RNG something by fishing?

foxyman1167
1st January 2012, 7:31 PM
i want to share this but im not sure who exactly to share it with, so i will share it with you guys :)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/165.png
#165 Ledyba | Bug/Flying | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Timid | Ability: Early Bird | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 12/2/2011 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Bide, Encore, and Bug Buzz

i believe this pokemon is so pathetic that there isnt even an OT: Mat version out there lol. Im on a crusade to RNG the entire dex and i was wondering what the most pathetic pokemon i would have to RNG would be. At first i thought it would be Caterpie or Weedle, but they are atleast Viable is some capacity or another, but Ledyba/Ledian seem to be as usuless as can be. I even posted this in the Ledyba/Ledian thread (post number 13 lol) and i think i might be the only person to own a legit flawless shiny Ledyba haha :D

Wow nice one, I wouldn't really say he's useless, he can set up Screens somewhat efficiently.

What about fishing? Has anyone here tried to RNG something by fishing?

It's better to breed, because you can't always ensure you'll fish something up.

pwnswitchclik
1st January 2012, 8:43 PM
I'm pratically still trying to hatch a shiny near flawless solrock, and I seem to fail at every single attempt: As recommended in some videos, I put in 3 Keypresses and set min/max frames to 60/100, respectively, and and hit all ==31 buttons with the exception of one for more results.

The different part from this whole thing is I've been getting help from a user who successfully RNG'ed shiny flawless pokes.

This is what came out:
http://milfotos.org/images/029a92e6db62fb9bcc58ffc9bb8b06d8.JPG

And then I input my seed with 'breeding bw' option chosen from the dropdown box and pressed 'Calculate PIDRNG Frame' and the thing landed on frame 47. The nearest shiny is at frame 74 so I would have to do 27 chatot flips to get to it, although I would have to find my actual starting frame, so I tried something: hit the seed without chatot flipping (I've done this a few times before to try something) on one ocasion, I landed on frame 50 as the actual starting frame, and one other you can see on the third image ---> wtf?

http://milfotos.org/images/8621236716f7d6c142b58d6f6e1fecf9.JPG
http://milfotos.org/images/0af864fa91539d9bca19c2b9bfc56b66.JPG

When I was hitting the seed, I waited until the game freak star animation showed, so I could skip it by hammering the A button until the game asked me if I wanted to start the C Gear, to which I said no, and right after that I was mashing the X button to show up the menu as fast as I can, then press B to leave it and immediately press A to get the egg, hatched it by the newborn's nature and characteristic it matched frame 108.

So, I didn't chatot flip and hatched a poke with a frame that exceeds substantialy the target one?

o_o'

Too Funk to Druck
1st January 2012, 9:09 PM
The first time, you hit your seed. Afterwards, you most likely hit a different seed. Since you're using the IVs of a level 1 Pokemon, it's hard to tell whether it has the right IVs."

The Eleventh
1st January 2012, 11:14 PM
How have you been getting the characteristic to appear in the main window when you input a seed?! I've had to use the PID%6 method to determine what characteristic I'll get. Although it's very simple, I'd much prefer having the characteristic displayed before me. :P

Winter02
1st January 2012, 11:20 PM
How have you been getting the characteristic to appear in the main window when you input a seed?! I've had to use the PID%6 method to determine what characteristic I'll get. Although it's very simple, I'd much prefer having the characteristic displayed before me. :P
Right-click on any PID frame after generating them and press "Display Characteristics in search", then press "Get IVs from IVRNG" and then press Ok, and they should appear. For breeding, you will have to put in the parents IVs as well.

pwnswitchclik
1st January 2012, 11:41 PM
SWEET SHELLDERS OF KNOWLEDGE!! I finally hatched a shiny flawless Solrock!!1!11!

Where can I get an animated shiny pokemon sprite?!

TDawg
1st January 2012, 11:43 PM
pokecheck.org has every pokemon non shiny and shiny.

The Eleventh
2nd January 2012, 12:47 AM
SWEET SHELLDERS OF KNOWLEDGE!! I finally hatched a shiny flawless Solrock!!1!11!

Where can I get an animated shiny pokemon sprite?!
Congrats, I'm glad you got it in the end. :D

I'm going to RNG Ho-Oh in SoulSilver tomorrow. It'll be my second Gen IV RNG (well, third if you count the Scyther I used as a breeding parent). I hope it doesn't take too long.

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 12:53 AM
Congrats, I'm glad you got it in the end. :D

I'm going to RNG Ho-Oh in SoulSilver tomorrow. It'll be my second Gen IV RNG (well, third if you count the Scyther I used as a breeding parent). I hope it doesn't take too long.

Good luck! Hey quick question about 4th gen. When do you start the timer and and where do you press A during both timers? lol does that make sense?

The Eleventh
2nd January 2012, 1:02 AM
Good luck! Hey quick question about 4th gen. When do you start the timer and and where do you press A during both timers? lol does that make sense?
Start the timer at the exact same time you hit A to set your DS' clock to one minute before your target time. Then, load your game. At the end of the first timer, soft reset your game. You should be aiming to press A to continue your save file at the moment the second timer ends.

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 1:21 AM
Start the timer at the exact same time you hit A to set your DS' clock to one minute before your target time. Then, load your game. At the end of the first timer, soft reset your game. You should be aiming to press A to continue your save file at the moment the second timer ends.

Okay. Why one minute?

Too Funk to Druck
2nd January 2012, 4:12 AM
Okay. Why one minute?

It gives enough time to load the game and hit the delay at the right time.

I'm actuallly trying to do some Gen 4 RNGing. I'm hitting delays consistently. Not the right one, mind, but I'm getting consistent.

And there's a glitch on the newest RNG Reporter that seals Sp. Attack characteristics (and Sp. Defense characteristics, I've found) with Speed characteristics. Just make sure you have that in mind when using characteristics to determine your seeds.

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 4:25 AM
It gives enough time to load the game and hit the delay at the right time.

I'm actuallly trying to do some Gen 4 RNGing. I'm hitting delays consistently. Not the right one, mind, but I'm getting consistent.

And there's a glitch on the newest RNG Reporter that seals Sp. Attack characteristics (and Sp. Defense characteristics, I've found) with Speed characteristics. Just make sure you have that in mind when using characteristics to determine your seeds.

Oh okay I sort of see. lol Well I RNGd this because Unburden Acrobatics with a Flying Gem is awesome^^

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/425.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/426.gif
#425 Drifloon | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/ghost.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/flying.gif | Female | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Nature: Hasty | Ability: Unburden | Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Date: 12/01/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Move(s): Constrict | Acrobatics | Shadow Ball | Explosion

Too Funk to Druck
2nd January 2012, 4:28 AM
I'm really mad at myself. I hit my delay, and then I messed up on advancements. But at least I hit my delay!

Edit: do coin flips advance the RNG?

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 6:47 AM
Why does Eon timer only give me 14 seconds on the 2nd timer? That's not enough time at all

foxyman1167
2nd January 2012, 6:56 AM
Damn, my current RNG egg is giving me more trouble than usual. I'm hitting my seed, getting the desired IV spreads, but the frames are wrong.

Weird....

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 6:58 AM
Damn, my current RNG egg is giving me more trouble than usual. I'm hitting my seed, getting the desired IV spreads, but the frames are wrong.

Weird....

Did you check the Ditto box or anything else that you are using but didn't put in the Reporter?

Too Funk to Druck
2nd January 2012, 7:00 AM
Why does Eon timer only give me 14 seconds on the 2nd timer? That's not enough time at all

It should be a good amount of time if you button mash. You probably have your calibrated seconds at 14.

foxyman1167
2nd January 2012, 7:29 AM
Did you check the Ditto box or anything else that you are using but didn't put in the Reporter?

Yeah, I checked off that box, I'm gonna reset the whole thing, double check the settings, go from there.

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 7:36 AM
It should be a good amount of time if you button mash. You probably have your calibrated seconds at 14.

That wasn't but yeah. 4th Gen is way too complicated. Lol I am completely lost trying to RNG Lugia right now.

GokuRikaku
2nd January 2012, 8:20 AM
I'm giving this RNG thing a go and I want to make 100% sure of what I'm doing.

Advancing frames. Listening to Chatot's recorded voice while checking its summary will move the frame by 1 right? So if I need to get to frame 6, listening to its cry 5 times should do it, right? Saving should also do the same thing correct? So I could also save 5 times to get to frame 6, right?

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 8:24 AM
I'm giving this RNG thing a go and I want to make 100% sure of what I'm doing.

Advancing frames. Listening to Chatot's recorded voice while checking its summary will move the frame by 1 right? So if I need to get to frame 6, listening to its cry 5 times should do it, right? Saving should also do the same thing correct? So I could also save 5 times to get to frame 6, right?

That is if you're trying to advance the PID frame. Since your frame is so low I am assuming you're trying to advance the IV Frame. To advance the frame you need to walk 128 with said # of pokemon. So 128 steps with 5 pokemon will advance the frame by 5 to 6, and 128 steps with 1 pokemon would advance the frame by 1 which would make 2

GokuRikaku
2nd January 2012, 8:39 AM
That is if you're trying to advance the PID frame. Since your frame is so low I am assuming you're trying to advance the IV Frame. To advance the frame you need to walk 128 with said # of pokemon. So 128 steps with 5 pokemon will advance the frame by 5 to 6, and 128 steps with 1 pokemon would advance the frame by 1 which would make 2

I see.
Well then, with that info I was semi-successful on getting a flawless Kyurem. The only thing that was a miss was his nature being Impish and not Timed but that should be easy to fix. This is good news cause I'm starting to understand this stuff.

TDawg
2nd January 2012, 8:45 AM
I see.
Well then, with that info I was semi-successful on getting a flawless Kyurem. The only thing that was a miss was his nature being Impish and not Timed but that should be easy to fix. This is good news cause I'm starting to understand this stuff.

The reason you didn't get the nature right was because you have to RNG the PID frame to get a nature which like you said is done with chatots or saving. To get the nature you want try finding a seed with an IV frame of 1. That way it's extremely easy to abuse the PID frame.

GokuRikaku
2nd January 2012, 5:09 PM
The reason you didn't get the nature right was because you have to RNG the PID frame to get a nature which like you said is done with chatots or saving. To get the nature you want try finding a seed with an IV frame of 1. That way it's extremely easy to abuse the PID frame.

Thankyou for your help. I was successful on getting a Timed Kyurem with 31/13/31/31/31/31 IVs.

Fainted Pokemon doesn't effect on advancing the frame right?

jolteonjak
2nd January 2012, 5:27 PM
I hope I'm asking this the right way, but each time I RNG, do I need to start over from the beginning each time? Meaning finding parameters?

The Eleventh
2nd January 2012, 5:41 PM
I hope I'm asking this the right way, but each time I RNG, do I need to start over from the beginning each time? Meaning finding parameters?
No, if you do find your parameters correctly (double or triple check them to be sure), you won't have to find them again.

jolteonjak
2nd January 2012, 6:00 PM
I'm pretty good at finding my parameters. I guess I just need to watch all those videos again. heh Thanks for the response!

Too Funk to Druck
2nd January 2012, 6:40 PM
Thankyou for your help. I was successful on getting a Timed Kyurem with 31/13/31/31/31/31 IVs.

Fainted Pokemon doesn't effect on advancing the frame right?

I don't advance the IV frame, so I could be wrong, but I think they do.

And omfg guys, I just RNGed in Gen 4. When I get on my laptop, I'll edit this with what I got. I made so many stupid mistakes though. Like forgetting things started on frame 1. Then dividing wrong. Then putting the wrong TID/SID combination in. When I changed to a better seed, I did end up hitting my delay on the first try though.

Edit: Horrible IVs and Nature alert!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0f/Spr_4p_137_s.png★
#137 Porygon | NN: None | Gender: None
OT: Ayumi~♦ | ID: 44751
Rash | Caught: 1/31/2089 | Veilstone City
Type: Normal | Ability: Trace
Psybeam | Agility | Recover | Magnet Rise
7/31/31/31/22/31
Hidden Power: N/A
*First Gen 4 RNG*

I'm so excited. Sure, this is horrible, but this means I can get more stuff!

SgtSnorlax
2nd January 2012, 9:21 PM
Can you RNG on a 3DS?

I heard it is possible to use C-Gear RNGing.

Too Funk to Druck
2nd January 2012, 9:35 PM
Can you RNG on a 3DS?

I heard it is possible to use C-Gear RNGing.

It is possible to do standard seed RNGing.

I'm working on getting the first post updated. Hopefully it'll be done soon.

foxyman1167
3rd January 2012, 7:18 AM
This is really weird, I'm doing something wrong with my RNG'd egg right now. It can't be my parameters, because I've successfully RNG'd two pokemon from eggs already.

I keep getting the right spread, but then I get frames that are really high numbers, much higher than they should be, like +200. And I'm not aiming for a shiny.

Parents:

;132; (F) - 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

;453; (M) - 31 / ?? / ?? / ?? / 31 / 31
-Jolly Nature, holding Everstone, knows Egg Move Drain Punch

Parameters:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq222/PKMNchamp/Parameters.jpg

Here is a screen shot of my Time Finder after being set up:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq222/PKMNchamp/TimeFinder.jpg

And here is the Main Window:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq222/PKMNchamp/MainWindow.jpg

As you can tell, these are all the possible frames, not just the specific ones I want.

Winter02
3rd January 2012, 1:01 PM
I think the problem here is that you have selected Breeding in the main window instead of Gift Pokemon. Can't promise that it is the problem, but it would be my guess at least.

But in my opinion, you should just use the Shiny Egg finder instead, even if you aren't going for a shiny. Just leave the shiny box unchecked, put in your parent's IVs and the result you are going for. Don't use any keypresses as you will find a bunch of results even without them. It will be much easier than using the gift encounter type for breeding. If you want me to explain this more, I could show you screenshots too.

Redstarrising
3rd January 2012, 3:53 PM
Well I just rebooted the ol' white version and made my way to Nimbasa City were I just defeated N. Now currently training round the routes for the gym.

The Eleventh
3rd January 2012, 4:05 PM
I think the problem here is that you have selected Breeding in the main window instead of Gift Pokemon. Can't promise that it is the problem, but it would be my guess at least.
No, you should be using Breeding (BW) in the main window.

Well I just rebooted the ol' white version and made my way to Nimbasa City were I just defeated N. Now currently training round the routes for the gym.
I think you may be looking for this thread. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467060)

foxyman1167
3rd January 2012, 5:41 PM
I've RNG'd eggs using BW Breeding, so that's not the problem. I'm going to try my other Timer0, see if it's fluctuating.

kaorusquee
3rd January 2012, 6:22 PM
It could be that you are under the capture screen instead of 4th/5th gen shiny egg.

foxyman1167
3rd January 2012, 6:48 PM
It could be that you are under the capture screen instead of 4th/5th gen shiny egg.

That's not the problem, I've already RNG'd a 31/10/31/30/31/31 Omanyte, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Horsea, and 31/31/31/31/31/31 Drilbur using this method.

The Eleventh
3rd January 2012, 7:04 PM
That's not the problem, I've already RNG'd a 31/10/31/30/31/31 Omanyte, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Horsea, and 31/31/31/31/31/31 Drilbur using this method.
Yeah, I use the Capture tab, too. I might try out the Shiny tab in the future, though. :P It must be your timer0 fluctuating, then.

http://i.imgur.com/wQXeR.gif
#250 Ho-Oh
OT: Cian | ID No.: 07245 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Pressure | Type: Fire/Flying
Catch Location: Bell Tower | Hidden Power: Psychic 49
Moves: Sacred Fire / AncientPower/ Punishment / Safeguard
IVs: 31/30/31/7/21/30

I just RNGed this in SoulSilver. I had to hit my delay five times, though, because it wouldn't stay in the damn Poké Ball (I was using Luxury Balls). >_> I'm getting good at hitting delays now, though; I hit it on my first attempt twice. I'll transfer it over to Gen V to help complete my Dex (only about five to go), although I'll see if there are any useful tutor moves first. The Special Defense IV is a bit disappointing, but there weren't any better shiny spreads. I'm happy with it, at least.

foxyman1167
3rd January 2012, 7:37 PM
It can't be the Timer0 fluctuating, because I tried it a couple of times, and didn't hit my seed at all. Then I switched it back to my other Timer0, and hit my seed the first time.

Seed: 596A281320DF5B6E
Time: 08:25:18
Date: 01/22/12
Keypresses: B + L

I boot the game at 08:25:17, and can see the seconds hand hit 08:25:18 as the screen fades. Hold down B + L, mash A at the comet. Did one Chatot Flip, and then grab the egg. Hatched it, and this is what I got:

;453; Careful nature, Anticipation, 31/31/31/x/31/31. Check the frames, it's the desired spread, but the frame it matches is 202. It's not the first time this has happened, I've gotten my desired spread before, and had the same problem.

Do other pokemon's summaries advance the PIDRNG?

Too Funk to Druck
3rd January 2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I use the Capture tab, too. I might try out the Shiny tab in the future, though. :P It must be your timer0 fluctuating, then.

#250 Ho-Oh

I just RNGed this in SoulSilver. I had to hit my delay five times, though, because it wouldn't stay in the damn Poké Ball (I was using Luxury Balls). >_> I'm getting good at hitting delays now, though; I hit it on my first attempt twice. I'll transfer it over to Gen V to help complete my Dex (only about five to go), although I'll see if there are any useful tutor moves first. The Special Defense IV is a bit disappointing, but there weren't any better shiny spreads. I'm happy with it, at least.

That's pretty good for something that's not from a RNGed TID/SID. I'm probably just gonna RNG Giratina shiny, and then do the rest nonshiny with good natures.

It can't be the Timer0 fluctuating, because I tried it a couple of times, and didn't hit my seed at all. Then I switched it back to my other Timer0, and hit my seed the first time.

Seed: 596A281320DF5B6E
Time: 08:25:18
Date: 01/22/12
Keypresses: B + L

I boot the game at 08:25:17, and can see the seconds hand hit 08:25:18 as the screen fades. Hold down B + L, mash A at the comet. Did one Chatot Flip, and then grab the egg. Hatched it, and this is what I got:

;453; Careful nature, Anticipation, 31/31/31/x/31/31. Check the frames, it's the desired spread, but the frame it matches is 202. It's not the first time this has happened, I've gotten my desired spread before, and had the same problem.

Do other pokemon's summaries advance the PIDRNG?

Other Pokemon's summaries should not advance the PIDRNG.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
3rd January 2012, 11:04 PM
RNG and Pokemon in general is slowly slipping from my interest guys. It's a pity, because I guess it's just due to all of the new games I've obtained lately and/or planning to get within the next few weeks. To top it off, work is incoming soon.

In the event I get bored of them or something piques my interest, I might have an update of sorts; but for now, it looks like I'll have to take Beck's route from here on out.

pwnswitchclik
4th January 2012, 12:00 AM

#250 Ho-Oh

The whole data written beneath your ho oh sprite, is there a template you use for the info or do you write everything, including the ''|'' characters?

Too Funk to Druck
4th January 2012, 12:02 AM
The | comes from pressing shift and \, though it might not be on your keyboard. I kinda based mine off of others, but I kinda added more and more on my own.

TDawg
4th January 2012, 12:16 AM
The whole data written beneath your ho oh sprite, is there a template you use for the info or do you write everything, including the ''|'' characters?

Yeah like TFTD said everyone kinda just makes their own and then if I see something I like, I kinda steal it and make it mine. :p

Agonist
4th January 2012, 7:11 PM

Formats such as SpeedSuicune's are common in the smogon wifi section, since it's a easy, and efficient way to show all the relative data of your poke.

foxyman1167
4th January 2012, 7:33 PM
So my Egg RNG problem sort of solved itself I guess, I hatched what I wanted by accident....

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/453.gif
#453 Croagunk | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 11/14/2011 | Castelia City
Type: Poison/Fighting| Ability: Dry Skin
Drain Punch / Brick Break / Substitute / Swords Dance
31/31/31/x/31/31

RNG Tally:
Egg RNG - 4
Legendary RNG - 3
Wild RNG - 3

Agonist
4th January 2012, 7:41 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/549.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00000 | Modest / Timid | Own Tempo
31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 30 {Rock 70}
Sleep Powder | Mega Drain | Synthesis | Magical Leaf
UT @ Lv. 19 as a Petilil

I had abused my game solely for getting a nice HP Rock seed for Petilil, but I had forgotten that it had two abilities :x At any rate, Own Tempo is certainly still useable.

The Eleventh
4th January 2012, 7:58 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/453.gif
#453 Croagunk | NN: None | Gender: ♂
Adamant | Hatched: 11/14/2011 | Castelia City
Type: Poison/Fighting| Ability: Dry Skin
Drain Punch / Brick Break / Substitute / Swords Dance
31/31/31/x/31/31
Castelia City as a hatch location is quite nice. Why didn't I think of there when I RNGed Croagunk? :/ I'm going to take towns and cities into more consideration while contemplating hatch locations from now on.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/549.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00000 | Modest / Timid | Own Tempo
31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 30 {Rock 70}
Sleep Powder | Mega Drain | Synthesis | Magical Leaf
UT @ Lv. 19 as a Petilil
Heh, your army of Petilil/Lilligant.

foxyman1167
4th January 2012, 9:43 PM
Castelia City as a hatch location is quite nice. Why didn't I think of there when I RNGed Croagunk? :/ I'm going to take towns and cities into more consideration while contemplating hatch locations from now on.

I see other people hatching in stuff like Undella Bay, I was like, lemme pick my own special hatching place :3

Agonist
4th January 2012, 10:30 PM

yeah, now I'm abusing my game for Chlorophyll, so that'll be sixteen more. But first i need to find a seed for my Victini.

Winter02
5th January 2012, 12:10 AM
I see other people hatching in stuff like Undella Bay, I was like, lemme pick my own special hatching place :3
I guess people go for a hatch location that goes well together with the Pokemon. Like Undella Bay for Water-types or Cold Storage for Ice-types, and so on. But obviously, not every type has a location which is as suitable as these, so you need to be creative sometimes.

Too Funk to Druck
5th January 2012, 12:16 AM
Yay, my first actually good 4th gen stuff:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6c/Spr_4p_481.png★
#481 Mesprit | NN: None | Gender: None
Bold | Caught: 3/30/2036 | Route 202
Type: Psychic | Ability: Levitate
Swift | Stealth Rock | Future Sight | Charm
31/16/31/31/31/31

I forgot that I didn't have all eight badges, so the Smeargle I used ignored me at all the wrong times. I'm lucky it didn't Struggle to death, unlike...

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f9/Spr_4p_480.png★
#480 Uxie | NN: None | Gender: None
Bold | Caught: 3/30/2036 | Acuity Cavern
Swift | Stealth Rock | Future Sight | Amnesia
31/16/31/31/31/31

To put it simply. This thing was a little *******. Had to catch it about 5 times, 3 times because it Struggled to death. Never had a problem catching it before, but noooo, as soon as I RNG it, it can't stay in a Poke Ball.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0d/Spr_4p_482.png★
#482 Azelf | NN: None | Gender: None
Timid | Caught: 1/4/2012 | Valor Cavern
Swift | Stealth Rock | Future Sight | Nasty Plot
31/17/31/31/31/31

This one was the easiest. Hit my delay the first time, and caught it in the second Dusk Ball.

I was going to get them all in balls matching their colors, but after Mesprit and Uxie, I jus didn't feel like it. I'm really glad PokeRNG exists. Makes finding seeds in Gen 4 soooo easy.

foxyman1167
5th January 2012, 12:23 AM

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6c/Spr_4p_481.png★
31/16/31/31/31/31

I forgot that I didn't have all eight badges, so the Smeargle I used ignored me at all the wrong times. I'm lucky it didn't Struggle to death, unlike...

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f9/Spr_4p_480.png★
31/16/31/31/31/31

To put it simply. This thing was a little *******. Had to catch it about 5 times, 3 times because it Struggled to death. Never had a problem catching it before, but noooo, as soon as I RNG it, it can't stay in a Poke Ball.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0d/Spr_4p_482.png★
31/17/31/31/31/31

This one was the easiest. Hit my delay the first time, and caught it in the second Dusk Ball.

I was going to get them all in balls matching their colors, but after Mesprit and Uxie, I jus didn't feel like it. I'm really glad PokeRNG exists. Makes finding seeds in Gen 4 soooo easy.

Nice one TFTD :)

I've thought about learning to RNG 4th Gen, there maybe three or four of which that interested, but I haven't decided.

Agonist
5th January 2012, 12:44 AM

31/16/31/31/31/31

31/16/31/31/31/31

31/17/31/31/31/31

nice job with these. I still need to get off my butt and, learn G4 rng, since i do both G3, and G5, but anyway. One last abuse on my Agonist | 00000 file:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/494.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.png
Movie14 | 12031 | Brave | Victory Star
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 2 {Ice 70}
V-Create | Fusion Bolt | Fusion Flare | Searing Shot
UT @ Lv. 50

Now to restart my game.

E: Success, TID of 1 obtained :3

Too Funk to Druck
5th January 2012, 2:10 AM
Nice one TFTD :)

I've thought about learning to RNG 4th Gen, there maybe three or four of which that interested, but I haven't decided.

4th Gen is good for all the move tutors and unobtainable TMs/Pokemon. It's really not hard if you really want to learn.

TDawg
5th January 2012, 5:49 AM
I have finally understood 4th Gen RNGing. Trying for Lugia and my delays keep landing in between. Sucha pain in the ***!

EDIT: Took 2 awful hours, but hit my delay again and I got this guy! ^^ pretty happy now!

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/249.png
#249 Lugia | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/psychic.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/flying.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/masterball.png
Nature: Impish | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Whirl Islands | Met at Lvl. 45
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 59
Move(s): Roost | Rain Dance | Hydro Pump | Aeroblast

Happy with non-shiny as I like them more so yeah :D Masterball was all I had and could afford in my game unfortunately :/ lol

The Eleventh
5th January 2012, 2:14 PM
Congrats, TFTD and TDawg. I might play through my Diamond version again some time to RNG the legends, since I use my Platinum file as my main one. The only legendaries I haven't caught in SoulSilver are Articuno and Moltres, which aren't great. :/ I don't want to restart that file, either.

Too Funk to Druck
5th January 2012, 2:33 PM
Luckily, I recently started my HG and Platinum since Pearl is my game in Gen 4. I plan at least to RNG the legends normally. I really just care about the Move Tutors.

TDawg
6th January 2012, 1:52 AM
For me I have a HG, Pearl and Platinum I am going to restart sooner then later. What's a better nature for Palkia, Hasty or Timid?

MSK
6th January 2012, 6:15 AM
Hey TDawg and TFTD

I really want to learn 4th gen RNG so I can finally pick up my Lati@s events on HG and SS, can you give me any advice on Reporter set up etc, or any links to the resources you used. I'm hoping that as it doesn't seem to have taken you guys long to pick it up that I might be able to get the hang of it pretty quick :)

TDawg
6th January 2012, 6:27 AM
Hey TDawg and TFTD

I really want to learn 4th gen RNG so I can finally pick up my Lati@s events on HG and SS, can you give me any advice on Reporter set up etc, or any links to the resources you used. I'm hoping that as it doesn't seem to have taken you guys long to pick it up that I might be able to get the hang of it pretty quick :)

Well one thing is for sure and it's harder then 5th Gen Standard abuse. The guide I used was this one on Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180) and you don't need any set-up at all. All search up HGSS rng on youtube and the first video of bearsfan092 or something like that is very helpful. Also you're going to need PokeRNG and EonTimer or ZomgTimer if you're a Mac user.

foxyman1167
6th January 2012, 6:35 AM
Anyone here with 4th Gen. RNG abuse skill want to help me out with a Lotad?

TDawg
6th January 2012, 6:40 AM
Anyone here with 4th Gen. RNG abuse skill want to help me out with a Lotad?

Lol like breed you one? Or help you get one yourself?

foxyman1167
6th January 2012, 6:43 AM
Breed me one, I wanted to try a Swift Swimmer set with Swords Dance, but Seed Bomb + Ice Punch are PtHGSS tutor moves. Unless I find someone with an AR to hack the moves, but I'd rather not do that unless it was a member I trust.

TDawg
6th January 2012, 8:57 AM
Breed me one, I wanted to try a Swift Swimmer set with Swords Dance, but Seed Bomb + Ice Punch are PtHGSS tutor moves. Unless I find someone with an AR to hack the moves, but I'd rather not do that unless it was a member I trust.

Ah. Well I haven't got to breeding yet. Did this on my HG before I restart it. This took 7 tries. First time it struggled and died, then I killed it, then it struggled, then i killed it, then it struggled twice. Patience with delays is key. lol

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/146.png
#146 Moltres | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/fire.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/flying.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/premierball.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Mt. Silver Cave | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 68
Move(s): Ancientpower | Flamethrower | Roost | Air Slash

The 7th try I actually didn't go past the amount of premier balls I had which were 14 :p The others I ran out of those, 30+ ultra balls, 50+ pokeballs and yeah this Phoenix gave me hell, that's for sure.

MSK
6th January 2012, 8:24 PM
Well one thing is for sure and it's harder then 5th Gen Standard abuse. The guide I used was this one on Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180) and you don't need any set-up at all. All search up HGSS rng on youtube and the first video of bearsfan092 or something like that is very helpful. Also you're going to need PokeRNG and EonTimer or ZomgTimer if you're a Mac user.

Wow, that looks very complicated!! Although in fairness I thought that about 5th gen when I first started.
So I'm only interested in RNG'ing the stationary legends, do I need to find my SID on 4th gen to get them Shiny?
I'm going to give this a long and thorough read through but I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions :)

Winter02
6th January 2012, 8:37 PM
Wow, that looks very complicated!! Although in fairness I thought that about 5th gen when I first started.
So I'm only interested in RNG'ing the stationary legends, do I need to find my SID on 4th gen to get them Shiny?
I'm going to give this a long and thorough read through but I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions :)
You will need your SID in order to make them shiny. But don't worry, Pokecheck should work for 4th gen games too.

I also want to give a big congrats to SpeedSuicune, TFTD and TDawg for learning 4th gen RNG. You never fail to impress me. And I am totally not jealous at all. Now that you have succeded, my motivation for doing 4th gen RNG has increased.

As for that Moltres, I think you should have went for a specific Hidden Power as it doesn't have the world's best movepool, but I say that it was a very good job nonetheless. And I agree about it being a pain to catch, I remember that I almost gave up on it in SoulSilver. Safeguard is the worst thing as it becomes immune to sleep.

MSK
6th January 2012, 8:51 PM
You will need your SID in order to make them shiny. But don't worry, Pokecheck should work for 4th gen games too.

Darn, thought that might be the case (I had to get someone on here to find my 5th gen SID's as I couldn't get Pokecheck to work due to using a Nintendo Wifi adaptor to connect which means I can't manually change the ip address etc) Hopefully someone kind will help me again!!!??? lol

In fairness I may well leave 4th Gen for a while as I'm quite happy doing a fully RNG'd shiny pokedex on gen 5 through my intense breeding program :)
When I've done all but the legends I may take the step.

Too Funk to Druck
6th January 2012, 9:28 PM
For anyone who wants to learn 4th Gen RNGing, there's three things you should know:
1. It's not as hard as you think. I'm not just saying that because I know how to do it either. It's really not that hard. The harder you make it seem, that harder it will be. For example, when I first tried to learn, I tried to hit my delays, and when I hit the wrong one, I didn't write it down or anything, I just kept trying and got frustrated. I couldn't get the timer to calibrate my delay because I didn't know what ones I was hitting most often. Then, I started writing my delays and coin flips down, and soon enough, I was able to hit my delay.

2. Use PokeRNG to get your spreads. It's so much faster than RNG Reporter/PPRNG, even on a slow computer.

3. Don't do the calibration steps that are on the Smogon guide. That means you don't have to synchronize your DS clock with an outside clock or anything like that. You can do all the calibrating you need with you Timer by attempting to hit the delay of a seed you want, and then putting in the delay you get the most while doing it.

Basically, it's harder than fifth gen, but it's not really that hard.

foxyman1167
7th January 2012, 12:03 AM
For anyone who wants to learn 4th Gen RNGing, there's three things you should know:
1. It's not as hard as you think. I'm not just saying that because I know how to do it either. It's really not that hard. The harder you make it seem, that harder it will be. For example, when I first tried to learn, I tried to hit my delays, and when I hit the wrong one, I didn't write it down or anything, I just kept trying and got frustrated. I couldn't get the timer to calibrate my delay because I didn't know what ones I was hitting most often. Then, I started writing my delays and coin flips down, and soon enough, I was able to hit my delay.

2. Use PokeRNG to get your spreads. It's so much faster than RNG Reporter/PPRNG, even on a slow computer.

3. Don't do the calibration steps that are on the Smogon guide. That means you don't have to synchronize your DS clock with an outside clock or anything like that. You can do all the calibrating you need with you Timer by attempting to hit the delay of a seed you want, and then putting in the delay you get the most while doing it.

Thanks for your insight, I'll keep this in mind if the desire strikes, but right now I'm quite content just abusing the BW RNG.

TDawg
7th January 2012, 12:29 AM

I also want to give a big congrats to SpeedSuicune, TFTD and TDawg for learning 4th gen RNG. You never fail to impress me. And I am totally not jealous at all. Now that you have succeded, my motivation for doing 4th gen RNG has increased.

As for that Moltres, I think you should have went for a specific Hidden Power as it doesn't have the world's best movepool, but I say that it was a very good job nonetheless. And I agree about it being a pain to catch, I remember that I almost gave up on it in SoulSilver. Safeguard is the worst thing as it becomes immune to sleep.

Thanks ^^

I know I should've had HP Grass, my bad . But SubRoost set is good too.

Ausgirl
7th January 2012, 9:37 AM
If I was to use Pokecheck to discover my SID and then use the info to RNG flawless shinies would those Pokemon still be legal?

The Eleventh
7th January 2012, 1:09 PM

Hah, this was basically everything I was going to say. PokéRNG is so much faster than RNG Reporter; it can find seeds almost instantly. I also didn't follow Smogon's guide on calibrating (the guides are quite outdated), rather I used EonTimer to act as an external clock (I set the second values to the same numbers, as with delay, to get 60 seconds on the timer). It's simpler than what they recommend. Gen IV RNGing isn't actually as hard as it appears, as soon as you start hitting delays well.

If I was to use Pokecheck to discover my SID and then use the info to RNG flawless shinies would those Pokemon still be legal?
There's nothing illegit about Pokécheck, so your Pokémon would still be legit.

Ausgirl
7th January 2012, 1:20 PM
Hah, this was basically everything I was going to say. PokéRNG is so much faster than RNG Reporter; it can find seeds almost instantly. I also didn't follow Smogon's guide on calibrating (the guides are quite outdated), rather I used EonTimer to act as an external clock (I set the second values to the same numbers, as with delay, to get 60 seconds on the timer). It's simpler than what they recommend. Gen IV RNGing isn't actually as hard as it appears, as soon as you start hitting delays well.

There's nothing illegit about Pokécheck, so your Pokémon would still be legit.

Also I got a 5 digit number as my SID, is that normal? cos I thought they were supposed to be much longer than that.

The Eleventh
7th January 2012, 2:20 PM
Also I got a 5 digit number as my SID, is that normal? cos I thought they were supposed to be much longer than that.
Yes, that's normal. All TID and SID have five digits.

MSK
7th January 2012, 7:39 PM
Latest RNG breeds

2x Wobbuffets both shiny and flawless. One with Shadow Tag for catching roamers :), the other with DW ability for competitive battling
Chansey (will level up to Blissey) Shiny near flawless, with natural cure.

TDawg
7th January 2012, 9:07 PM
Okay so I got this guy after trying too many times for Articuno would not get caught. Now I still need to get Articuno, but this guy is way cooler :D

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/483.png
#483 Dialga | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/steel.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/dragon.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | HeartGold RNG
Nature: Modest | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Like to thrash about.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Sinjoh Ruins | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Move(s): DragonBreath | Scary Face

Need to give him Stealth Rock, but other then that he's ready to be sent to 5th Gen.

Agonist
7th January 2012, 11:24 PM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/008.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/549.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
Agonist | 00001 | Bold / Calm / Modest / Timid | Chlorophyll
30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 30 {http://www.pokecheck.org/i/typ/6.png 70}
Sleep Powder | Magical Leaf | Mega Drain | Synthesis
UT @ Lv. 19 as Petilil

eh, sixteen more Petilil's. Now i just need to breed a couple, then I've got every variation of it that's any good.

TDawg
8th January 2012, 1:30 AM
Lol obsession with Lilligant? :p I love it :D I think I have seen your work on Smogon as well.

TDawg
8th January 2012, 1:31 AM
Lol obsession with Lilligant? :p I love it :D I think I have seen your work on Smogon as well.

cannibaleyes
8th January 2012, 2:42 AM
I would offer my support/encouragement for 4th gen. abuse but I think others have already done a good job of that. =)

I actually first learned how to RNG with egg IVs in platinum... I did all the calibration stuff but like they said, half of the stuff I did when I first learned to rng is probably outdated & unnessecary now. Lol

It it nice to know roughly what delays you can easily hit, though. I found calibrating to be useful because I usually don't use a timer to rng. But to each his own. If you're using a timer, they're right, no need to calibrate. :)
Good luck. :)

Agonist
8th January 2012, 3:33 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/130f.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.png
Mars | 58706 | Jolly | Intimidate
30 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 29 | 30
Double Edge | Body Slam | Mimic | Flail

G3 abuse on a retail cart.

Too Funk to Druck
8th January 2012, 3:40 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c1/Spr_4p_488.png★
#488 Cresselia | NN: None | Gender: ♀
Timid | Caught: 4/1/2012 | Route 202
Mist | Aurora Beam | Future Sight | Slash
31/3/30/30/30/30
Hidden Power: Fighting

I'm really happy I'm getting the hang of this. It only took me three tries to hit my delay, and on the third try, my timer even froze, yet I still hit the delay. I don't really know if it needs any 4th gen only moves though.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
8th January 2012, 3:55 AM
You could always tutor it Trick and Magic Coat, preferably the former.

Agonist
8th January 2012, 3:55 AM
Sleep Talk?

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 6:48 AM
1. Is it generally not good to start with PIDRNG with RNGing?
2. Is there any area with Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus that doesn't have WNPC's? I swear there's at least one on Route 5.

Also, to easily find shiny hex-flawless spreads, do you need to restart your game and RNG your IDs?

Too Funk to Druck
8th January 2012, 7:05 AM
1. Is it generally not good to start with PIDRNG with RNGing?
2. Is there any area with Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus that doesn't have WNPC's? I swear there's at least one on Route 5.

Also, to easily find shiny hex-flawless spreads, do you need to restart your game and RNG your IDs?

1. There's no real reason not to do some sort of PIDRNGing when you start out. IVs are just a matter of hitting your seed, unless for some reason you try a IV frame higher than 1. Personally, i did both when i started.

2. Route 9 has no wandering NPCs(the cyclists do not advance the frame as they move in a set path)

3. RNGing your IDs makes it easy to find one spread, so unless you find a spread that's good for every Pokemon, you really don't need to. It's perfectly possible to find good seeds, it's just the matter of taking time to find them.

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 7:23 AM
I got my seed, but it doesn't say a time. When do I go into the game? (EDIT: NVM, found it, needed to scroll to find this + A, B, and Up keypresses :/)

Also, will the nature be Modest if I synch a bolded seed that isnt Modest?

Or do you not use synchers in PIDRNG?

Also, do I need to bring a Sweet Scenter?

TDawg
8th January 2012, 8:20 AM
I got my seed, but it doesn't say a time. When do I go into the game? (EDIT: NVM, found it, needed to scroll to find this + A, B, and Up keypresses :/)

Also, will the nature be Modest if I synch a bolded seed that isnt Modest?

Or do you not use synchers in PIDRNG?

Also, do I need to bring a Sweet Scenter?

1) Yes.

2) Only if you want to.

3) Yes you need one. Pretty sure foongus and ammongus can be caught with it.

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 8:30 AM
It says frame 81 nearby shiny 71? What does that mean? As far as I know, you can't go back in frames. It's a plain awesome spread for a Reuniclus of 31/19/31/31/31/0 synchable.

TDawg
8th January 2012, 9:34 AM
It says frame 81 nearby shiny 71? What does that mean? As far as I know, you can't go back in frames. It's a plain awesome spread for a Reuniclus of 31/19/31/31/31/0 synchable.

Where does it say that? Can you post a picture?

Yes that's correct you can't

Vandslaux
8th January 2012, 10:00 AM
So I decided to try and just breed it. Question, does the min/max frame under shiny egg finder have to be 8/8?

Also, how to tell if I hit my initial seed if everstone changes the nature?

Too Funk to Druck
8th January 2012, 1:06 PM
So I decided to try and just breed it. Question, does the min/max frame under shiny egg finder have to be 8/8?

Also, how to tell if I hit my initial seed if everstone changes the nature?

8 is the IV frame, which is already set in Shiny Egg Finder. That's for your PID. To hit your initial seed using an everstone, right click, choose display parents in search and fill out all the IVs. After you press ok, characteristics will show up.

Scorch5688
8th January 2012, 4:34 PM
I have yet to RNG my Victini wondercards. On RNG Reporter 9.93, there are two options: Wondercard (5th Gen) and GLAN Wondercard (5th Gen). Which one should I be using and what's the difference between the two of them? Also, I don't know how to work with the Max Frame Offset and the option to Use True Minimum Frame. What do those mean? Could anyone shed any light on this? I'd use the Smogon guides but they're a bit dated for this version of the Reporter.

The Eleventh
8th January 2012, 4:41 PM
I have yet to RNG my Victini wondercards. On RNG Reporter 9.93, there are two options: Wondercard (5th Gen) and GLAN Wondercard (5th Gen). Which one should I be using and what's the difference between the two of them? Also, I don't know how to work with the Max Frame Offset and the option to Use True Minimum Frame. What do those mean? Could anyone shed any light on this? I'd use the Smogon guides but they're a bit dated for this version of the Reporter.
You should be using Wondercard (5th Gen). GLAN is only for Wonder Card Pokémon that have a set gender, but any nature (such as the recent event Tornadus and Thundurus).

Tick Use True Minimum Frame. That simply finds the starting PIDRNG frame of each seed, so that you won't miss any seeds like you would have before when you input starting frames (if you had selected 50 as your starting frame, all seeds with starting frames below 50 would never appear, causing you to miss out on opportunities). The Max Frame Offset is basically how many Chatot advancements you're willing to do.

Vandslaux
9th January 2012, 3:09 AM
Is the reason I can't hit my seed because I keep mashing A to to Resh/Zek after I hold the keypresses to the Nintendo logo?

So you can only press A after the GF logo?

Currently using Bearsfan's YT video as a walkthrough.

EDIT:Also, I hit my seed (I saw the clock move to my target time as I was entering the game), frame 1, no keypresses, I have a syncher in front, what could go wrong, right? Well, then everything goes wrong. I don't even hit the right encounter slot.

I don't understand RNGing.

TDawg
9th January 2012, 4:34 AM
Is the reason I can't hit my seed because I keep mashing A to to Resh/Zek after I hold the keypresses to the Nintendo logo?

So you can only press A after the GF logo?

Currently using Bearsfan's YT video as a walkthrough.

EDIT:Also, I hit my seed (I saw the clock move to my target time as I was entering the game), frame 1, no keypresses, I have a syncher in front, what could go wrong, right? Well, then everything goes wrong. I don't even hit the right encounter slot.

I don't understand RNGing.

Well if you hit your seed and didn't get the right pokemon then that means you didn't hit the right PID frame. You need to be checking your frames on the main window to see how you need to adjust.

Vandslaux
9th January 2012, 4:50 AM
No, my frame is 1. I'm Sweet Scenting immediately when I go into the game.

And I'm only going for IVRNG.

TDawg
9th January 2012, 4:53 AM
No, my frame is 1. I'm Sweet Scenting immediately when I go into the game.

That's why. You aren't manipulating the PID to get what you want. You need to advance the PID frame by saving or using chatot custom chatter summaries.

EDIT: If you're only going for the IVRNG you will only be getting the IVs you want.

Vandslaux
9th January 2012, 4:54 AM
Well, if what I want is on 1, doesn't that mean I don't need to do advancements? I'm also getting a dif. thing every time I try to hit my seed. If it helps, it also doesn't have the right IVs, at all.