PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

TDawg
9th January 2012, 4:58 AM
Well, if what I want is on 1, doesn't that mean I don't need to do advancements? I'm also getting a dif. thing every time I try to hit my seed.

For your IVs yes, but not with the PID which controls which pokemon it is, the nature, and if it is shiny. Hitting your IV frame simply isn't enough.

Also don't know if this is worth noting, but RNGed my ID/SID, took forever, but will pay of when I get to Palkia

ENG Pearl Version
http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/trainers/dp/000.png
Name: T-DAWG
ID: 00140
SID: 55111
FC: ???? ???? ????

It's a shiny 31/31/31/31/30/31 Hasty seed.

Vandslaux
9th January 2012, 5:01 AM
It seems like I'm not even hitting the right IV frame, as they don't have the right IVs.

TDawg
9th January 2012, 5:04 AM
It seems like I'm not even hitting the right IV frame, as they don't have the right IVs.

Then you're not hitting the seed. Just keep trying. Practice makes perfect.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
9th January 2012, 9:42 AM
First RNG(s) on a retail Pearl...I guess.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/484.gif

#484 Palkia|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Spacial Rend|Water Pulse|Dragon Claw|Ancientpower|
|Caught at Spear Spillar|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/482.gif

#482 Azelf|Timid|Levitate|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Confusion|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot|
|Caught at Valor Cavern|

Too Funk to Druck
9th January 2012, 5:36 PM
First RNG(s) on a retail Pearl...I guess.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/484.gif

#484 Palkia|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Spacial Rend|Water Pulse|Dragon Claw|Ancientpower|
|Caught at Spear Spillar|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/482.gif

#482 Azelf|Timid|Levitate|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Confusion|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot|
|Caught at Valor Cavern|

I guess you're interested in Pokemon again?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
9th January 2012, 6:30 PM
Not that much, but we'll see about that.

SgtSnorlax
9th January 2012, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I finnally am able to rng (I bored my friend's DS lite). Everything is going well. The only question I had was regarding frame rates. I need to set my frame rate to 5. I was wondering how I would go about doing so? I have been told that I need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party. However, I currently only have 3 in my party.

How do I set the frame rate to 5 when I have the incorrect number of pokemon in my party?

Too Funk to Druck
9th January 2012, 10:57 PM
Hi,

I finnally am able to rng (I bored my friend's DS lite). Everything is going well. The only question I had was regarding frame rates. I need to set my frame rate to 5. I was wondering how I would go about doing so? I have been told that I need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party. However, I currently only have 3 in my party.

How do I set the frame rate to 5 when I have the incorrect number of pokemon in my party?

If you're talking about advancing the IV frame in Gen 5, you can't. If you need to get to a certain frame, you must have exactly the right amount of party members.

SgtSnorlax
9th January 2012, 11:16 PM
If you're talking about advancing the IV frame in Gen 5, you can't. If you need to get to a certain frame, you must have exactly the right amount of party members.

Does that mean I have to recalibrate and make sure I have 4 pokes in party this time?

drothagreat0ne
10th January 2012, 12:30 AM
Does that mean I have to recalibrate and make sure I have 4 pokes in party this time?

You only need to calibrate once. To get to a certain IV Frame, just have the number it is minus one. For example:

Your target IV frame is 5. To get to that number, you need 4 Pokemon with you. Then you need to walk 128 steps to advance it.

I suggest against it due to too many factors that can mess with you. I'd say stick with IV frame 1, but there's no harm in trying.

SgtSnorlax
10th January 2012, 12:56 AM
You only need to calibrate once. To get to a certain IV Frame, just have the number it is minus one. For example:

Your target IV frame is 5. To get to that number, you need 4 Pokemon with you. Then you need to walk 128 steps to advance it.

I suggest against it due to too many factors that can mess with you. I'd say stick with IV frame 1, but there's no harm in trying.

Thanks for the help.

Just so 100% clear on this, an IV frame of 1 means I have to take 0 steps right?

TDawg
10th January 2012, 1:02 AM
Thanks for the help.

Just so 100% clear on this, an IV frame of 1 means I have to take 0 steps right?

Yes. Makes everything 10000 times easier on you.

EDIT: New RNG. For 4th gen breeding projects if you couldn't tell.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/132.png
#132 Ditto "FLAWLESS" | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/normal.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png | SoulSilver RNG
Nature: Modest | Ability: Limber | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 06/30/2011 | Caught: Route 34 | Met at Lvl. 10
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Move(s): Transform

Ausgirl
10th January 2012, 4:07 AM
I just got a flawless Japanese adamant ditto in a trade with 31 IVs in every stat except SPA. For that the serebii IV calculator gave me three possibilities 29, 30 & 31. The median IV for that stat was 30. So what should I put in for the IVs in the RNG report?

Agonist
10th January 2012, 4:11 AM
Upload it to Pokecheck, so you can be absolutely certain.

Ausgirl
10th January 2012, 4:13 AM
Upload it to Pokecheck, so you can be absolutely certain.

Oh yeah... thanks.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 4:19 AM
I think I like 4th Gen RNGing more now. A bit more of a challenge with hitting certain delays and stuff, but not by much. 3rd Gen next? Maybe sooner or later lol. How is it compared to the other gens?

Agonist
10th January 2012, 4:24 AM
G3 is different. It's more straightforward, but at the same time, it's quite a bit more time consuming. You have to time it down to 1/60th of a second, which sucks, but other than that, all you have to do is wait until the time when your frame occurs, which is nice not worrying about NPC's advancing your frame, or having to advance your frame at all.

Oh, and you're much more limited to what spreads you can get for wild captures. (and to a certain extent with breeds). For example, the Gyarados I posted a page or two back is the best Jolly frame there is for over two hours.

Ausgirl
10th January 2012, 4:31 AM
31 IVs across the board!!! Yay me.

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 4:38 AM
So how exactly DO you RNG? How I think it is:

1. Hit PID seed, advance frame
2. Reset game
3. Hit IV seed, advance frame
4. profit

And I have calibrated several times, getting the same thing:

1 sec. offset
C7F
2 6's

Yet I still can't hit my IV frame.

Agonist
10th January 2012, 4:42 AM
1) Hit your seed
2) do required key presses (if any)
3) immediately open up your menu, and go to your party
4) do Chatot flips if you need to advance the PIDRNG
5) use Sweet Scent
6) get your poke. (assuming you did everything correctly)

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 4:47 AM
Yeah, but apparently, to abuse both IVs and shininess, I need to hit a PIDRNG and an IV RNG seed? How do I do that? I suppose for the frame I'd walk around then do Chatot flips.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 4:48 AM
G3 is different. It's more straightforward, but at the same time, it's quite a bit more time consuming. You have to time it down to 1/60th of a second, which sucks, but other than that, all you have to do is wait until the time when your frame occurs, which is nice not worrying about NPC's advancing your frame, or having to advance your frame at all.

Oh, and you're much more limited to what spreads you can get for wild captures. (and to a certain extent with breeds). For example, the Gyarados I posted a page or two back is the best Jolly frame there is for over two hours.

Oh I sort see it. I read Smogon's guide a little bit. I see Kaphotics on Smogon posting a lot of his work and I gotta say I get a bit jealous.

Crazy how little seeds there are compared to other gens. I mean I see some pretty good options, but not like 4th and 5th. What are the notable tutor moves anyway? I know of Double Edge, Seismic Toss, and yeah that it's as I never really have looked :P

EDIT:

Yeah, but apparently, to abuse both IVs and shininess, I need to hit a PIDRNG and an IV RNG seed? How do I do that? I suppose for the frame I'd walk around then do Chatot flips.
When you have a frame 1 seed and you hit your seed then you're done with the IVRNG. That's why people say to have an IVRNG of 1 so you don't have to keep count of your PID frame while you walk to advance the IV frame as walking advance the PIDRNG by 2 every time so 128 steps = 256 PID advancements. Plus if you keep turning. Best advice is find a seed with IV frame of one. that way you only abuse the PIDRNG. Which you do by chatot flips. That make sense? lol

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 4:51 AM
Oh I sort see it. I read Smogon's guide a little bit. I see Kaphotics on Smogon posting a lot of his work and I gotta say I get a bit jealous.

Crazy how little seeds there are compared to other gens. I mean I see some pretty good options, but not like 4th and 5th. What are the notable tutor moves anyway? I know of Double Edge, Seismic Toss, and yeah that it's as I never really have looked :P

Mimic, if you want to abuse the glitch for some reason? Counter Dusclops, maybe? CounterBond Gengar seems pretty cool.

Agonist
10th January 2012, 4:53 AM
Dynamic Punch, Softboiled, Mimic, Counter, Body Slam, and Swords Dance (for Qwilfish), plus the two you listed.

And yeah, the seeds are limited, but unless you're using an emulator you sort of have to make do. And unfortunately it's insanely hard to rng on a retail FR/LG, which means you're stuck abusing on R/S (if they have a dead battery), or Emerald.

Ausgirl
10th January 2012, 4:55 AM
Alright I would like to RNG a flawless shiny Snivy with the eggmove glare and hidden power fire. I have a flawless Ditto and a male Snivy with the eggmove glare, how do I get hidden power fire onto the baby? I've read that it has something to do with IVs but I'm not really sure what. Any help would be appreciated.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 4:58 AM
Dynamic Punch, Softboiled, Mimic, Counter, Body Slam, and Swords Dance (for Qwilfish), plus the two you listed.

And yeah, the seeds are limited, but unless you're using an emulator you sort of have to make do. And unfortunately it's insanely hard to rng on a retail FR/LG, which means you're stuck abusing on R/S (if they have a dead battery), or Emerald.

Oh yeah I knew Counter as well. Never knew SD wasn't available for Qwilfish. How do you know you hit the right seed?

Yeah lucky I have both a dead Sapphire, and an Emerald. Well once I have had enough fun with 4th gen I am going to have to give it a try.

EDIT:

Alright I would like to RNG a flawless shiny Snivy with the eggmove glare and hidden power fire. I have a flawless Ditto and a male Snivy with the eggmove glare, how do I get hidden power fire onto the baby? I've read that it has something to do with IVs but I'm not really sure what. Any help would be appreciated.

Use this (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx). Fill in the criteria you want and it will show possible IV spreads you can have for the desired HP.

Agonist
10th January 2012, 4:58 AM
Three of the Ivs are inherited from the parents, and three are generated randomly. for the best results you should use a Snivy that has a few 30's, as to find more possible seeds.

@Tdawg the only way to know is if you check the iv's/nature :/ sometimes you can tell by the gender, but that doesn't really help much.

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 5:00 AM
So I would:

Hit my IVRNG seed
Do Chatot flips
Sweet Scent
profit

But where does the time you get when you select PIDRNG come in?

Also, 4G RNG seems to be popular right now. Guessing I shouldn't try it right now, though.

Ausgirl
10th January 2012, 5:08 AM
Three of the Ivs are inherited from the parents, and three are generated randomly. for the best results you should use a Snivy that has a few 30's, as to find more possible seeds.

@Tdawg the only way to know is if you check the iv's/nature :/ sometimes you can tell by the gender, but that doesn't really help much.

I've done IV-breeding the hard way before so I understand the mechanics when it comes to that. But I've never bothered with hidden power before. What do I do to make sure that Snivy will have hidden power? So confused...

(I just don't wanna spend hours trying to RNG something only to realize that I missed an important step in it's makeup.)

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 5:10 AM
I've done IV-breeding the hard way before so I understand the mechanics when it comes to that. But I've never bothered with hidden power before. What do I do to make sure that Snivy will have hidden power? So confused...

(I just don't wanna spend hours trying to RNG something only to realize that I missed an important step in it's makeup.)

The max IV IVs for HP Fire are 31/30/31/30/31/30. You can put HP_E for the offensive stat you're not using.

Agonist
10th January 2012, 5:10 AM
I'm not really sure how RNG Reporter works (I use pprng), but I'd assume that you'd tell rng the ivs for both parents, then tell it what you want for ivs from the egg, select the appropriate hidden power, and nature options, then find the seeds for it.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 5:18 AM

Ah well definitely won't help with the legends. I have my eye on Kyogre mostly though.

So I would:

Hit my IVRNG seed
Do Chatot flips
Sweet Scent
profit

But where does the time you get when you select PIDRNG come in?

Also, 4G RNG seems to be popular right now. Guessing I shouldn't try it right now, though.

Yeah 4th Gen isn't as good of as a starting point as 5th Gen is.

Hit your seed.
Find your starting frame (Use main window for this) I will show a picture of a criteria if needed
Do needed Chatot flips to get to that seed.
Sweet Scent.
$$$

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 5:18 AM
Guys. Thank you. You just helped me RNG my first pokemon, a 31/x/31/31/31/x Modest Magic Guard Duosion (was going for Bold, but who cares? EEK).

Now, to go for a shiny one..

Agonist
10th January 2012, 5:20 AM
Unfortunately, there really aren't any good special frames early in the game. (for at least an hour and a half in emerald, I'm not sure about R/S, but pretty sure it's fairly similar)

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 5:30 AM
I actually just got pretty good at hitting my seeds. I hit the Duosion seed twice in a row (though it had Impish and Overcoat). I just can't hit the shininess. Any help here? My PID frame is 51, so I Chatot flip 50 times. That's what I get.

Agonist
10th January 2012, 5:32 AM
No, you need to figure out what PID frame your seed starts on. Most start between 38-60.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 5:34 AM
Guys. Thank you. You just helped me RNG my first pokemon, a 31/x/31/31/31/x Modest Magic Guard Duosion (was going for Bold, but who cares? EEK).

Now, to go for a shiny one..

Good job. Glad you finally got somewhat, what you were looking to get.

Unfortunately, there really aren't any good special frames early in the game. (for at least an hour and a half in emerald, I'm not sure about R/S, but pretty sure it's fairly similar)

Oh I see. That's a shame. I don't really follow the research thread or any of that so this is all new news to me. lol

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 5:38 AM
So my initial PID frame is 50. I view the Chatot's summary once, then Sweet Scent. I get a Female Quiet Overcoat non-shiny Duosion. Right IVs, though.

If the roamer's weather isn't where I am, do I need to check "Roamer released"? Because that puts my initial PID frame at the same as my target frame.

TDawg
10th January 2012, 5:49 AM
So my initial PID frame is 50. I view the Chatot's summary once, then Sweet Scent. I get a Female Quiet Overcoat non-shiny Duosion. Right IVs, though.

If the roamer's weather isn't where I am, do I need to check "Roamer released"? Because that puts my initial PID frame at the same as my target frame.

EASY ANSWER: Kill the roamer. He comes back after defeating the E4 so you don't need to worry.

Vandslaux
10th January 2012, 6:00 AM
I don't think I'm going to bother with shiny.. yet. I've tried advancing my frame several times, but that seems to change the encounter slot, and I still don't get shiny. I can hit for IVs though.

So the roamer being released is the very reason I haven't been able to hit my PIDRNG frame?

TDawg
10th January 2012, 6:38 AM
I don't think I'm going to bother with shiny.. yet. I've tried advancing my frame several times, but that seems to change the encounter slot, and I still don't get shiny. I can hit for IVs though.

So the roamer being released is the very reason I haven't been able to hit my PIDRNG frame?

Late response, but yes the Roamer can advance the frames. Not sure how much though.

EDIT: Got my first 4th Breed RNG.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/252.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/253.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/254.png
#252 TREECKO | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/grass.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | HeartGold RNG
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Overgrow | Characteristic: Mischievous.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Hatched: Viridian Forest | Met at Lvl. 1
Move(s): Pound | Leer | Drain Punch

The Eleventh
10th January 2012, 6:44 PM
Nice RNG, TDawg. I'm going to start breeding on my SoulSilver rather than Platinum, since there are less NPCs, and I'll be able to use Kanto and Johto hatch locations, which are far more significant than Sinnoh. xD I'm in the process of RNGing a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Ditto at the moment, but I haven't had much time to work on it lately. D:

Agonist
10th January 2012, 7:33 PM
The only platinum hatch locations that are cool IMO are the Café, and the Distortion World. Anyway, for White, I don't know if should just continue on, and catch myself a HP Rock Deino (for Ubers Hydreigon), or start over again, and make a good Jolly seed shiny for Fossils. Opinions?

Kalosian
10th January 2012, 8:39 PM
I don't know if should just continue on, and catch myself a HP Rock Deino (for Ubers Hydreigon), or start over again, and make a good Jolly seed shiny for Fossils. Opinions?
Never heard about HP Rock Hydreigon before, I thought Head Smash was a superior option. I'd say you should go for the fossils instead, that will be interesting. It's also nice to hear that I am not the only one who is RNGing fossils.

kaiser soze
10th January 2012, 9:30 PM
Decided to give 4th Gen RNGing a shot before I got to go back to class next week.

Quick summary: I'm trying to RNG Giratina in the Turnback Cave on Platinum. I have a seed I want to use and I need help setting up ZomgTimer to try to hit the seed. I'm also pretty sure I'm screwing up when I need to start my game. I'll go through what I'm trying to do and put steps I think I'm screwing up in italics.

1) Here's the seed I want to use. It looks pretty sexy since the JSync frame's only 5.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/ckthekaiser/Screenshot2012-01-10at15452PM.png

Also here's the seed inspector side, just in case.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/ckthekaiser/Screenshot2012-01-10at15517PM.png

2) I get my party together with an open spot and a Careful synchronizer in the lead. Go to Turnback cave, go to the end, save in front of Giratina. Turn off the game.

3) Here's the seed-to-time adjustments.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/ckthekaiser/Screenshot2012-01-10at15534PM.png

Personally I want to use the 6/30/2012 one because that's my 21st birthday :P

I go to my in-game clock and set it to 8:56:00 for now. I got an external clock in sync with the game one.

4) And now we go to ZomgTimer.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/ckthekaiser/Screenshot2012-01-10at15858PM.png

From testing for my parameters, my seconds are usually 14 and a delay of 598-610, with 608 being the most frequent. In ZomgTimer, I enter "608" for Calibrated Delay, "592" for Target Delay, "14" for Calibrated Seconds, and "0" for Target Seconds. I then go into the game and once the game clock hits 8:57:00 I SR into the game. When the first timer hits 0 I SR and try to enter the game world when the second timer ends.

When I'm in the game world I switch to the Coin Flip app and do 10 flips in hopes that it matches my seed. If not, see what I did hit and try again. I open up the journal and look at two different pages where I caught a pokemon, etc. Then I'm on frame 5 and I'm good to capture Giratina.

Also quick ascetic question: do you think a Luxury ball or Timer ball would match Giratina better?

Agonist
11th January 2012, 12:02 AM
Never heard about HP Rock Hydreigon before, I thought Head Smash was a superior option. I'd say you should go for the fossils instead, that will be interesting. It's also nice to hear that I am not the only one who is RNGing fossils.

Admittedly, Head Smash probably is 'better option', but I don't like the recoil/accuracy, and the fact I can catch a HP Rock one in a fancy ball. At any rate, I think I'll play this file out for now, since I have a Bold HP Electric seed I can use for Omastar.

TDawg
11th January 2012, 12:06 AM
Hey Kaiser idk if this helps you but from Smogon

1 When attempting to capture Giratina in the Distortion World, there are some important differences in RNG advancement that should be taken into consideration. Each time the Distortion World map is loaded, the RNG will advance by 11 frames. This is the reason that Giratina appears on frame 12 when you immediately capture it at game start. This would not pose a problem, but most people will end up loading the map twice — once at game start, before verifying their initial seed with coin flips, and again after cancelling the journal to capture Giratina. In this scenario, the RNG would have been advanced 22 times, excluding advances made by journal flips. The simplest way to deal with this anomaly is to consider the starting frame of Giratina to be 23 in cases where you will enter the game world, bring up the journal manually, and then cancel the journal before capture.

But you look like you're doing the right steps. But since Zomgtimer say to start the game up 1 minute prior, you should be starting the timer and game at 8:57:00 not 8:56:00 and since your Seed to time target is 8:58:00 you should be putting 00 as your target seconds in Zomgtimer. Other then that you're all good from what I see.

BTW, Luxury Ball!!!

Too Funk to Druck
11th January 2012, 12:46 AM
Hey Kaiser idk if this helps you but from Smogon

But you look like you're doing the right steps. But since Zomgtimer say to start the game up 1 minute prior, you should be starting the timer and game at 8:57:00 not 8:56:00 and since your Seed to time target is 8:58:00 you should be putting 00 as your target seconds in Zomgtimer. Other then that you're all good from what I see.

BTW, Luxury Ball!!!

He's not in Distortion World. I agree with Luxury Ball though.

TDawg
11th January 2012, 1:17 AM
He's not in Distortion World. I agree with Luxury Ball though.

Lol oh my bad. The other things would still apply though.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
11th January 2012, 2:11 AM
Such timing.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/011.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/487.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/112.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/487-origin.gif

#487 |Giratina|Modest|Pressure|31|2|31|31|31|31|
|Shadow Force|Heal Block|Earth Power|Slash|
|Caught at Turnback Cave|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/486.gif

#486 |Regigigas|Careful|Slow Start|31|31|31|30|31|31|
|Confuse Ray|Stomp|Superpower|Zen Headbutt|
|Caught at Snowpoint Temple|

JTrainer
11th January 2012, 2:18 AM
If I want to Entralink RNG on a 3DS, do I need the latest version of RNG reporter or will version 9.81 still work?

Also, can anyone explain to me how to find my delay for when I use C-Gear RNGing? Cause I have no idea how to find it.

kaiser soze
11th January 2012, 2:32 AM
Yeah I made sure to KO Giratina in the Distortion World on my playthrough so I could finish it and I could get it later after I learned 4th gen RNGing.

So I start my timer once it hits 8:57, then SR when the first timer hits 0?

And lol at Advent.

TDawg
11th January 2012, 4:47 AM
Yeah I made sure to KO Giratina in the Distortion World on my playthrough so I could finish it and I could get it later after I learned 4th gen RNGing.

So I start my timer once it hits 8:57, then SR when the first timer hits 0?

And lol at Advent.

Just starter your timer right as you set the DS clock. And then Yes SR.

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 4:54 AM
TDawg, mind if I steal your format?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/548.png
#548 Petilil | | ♀ | | White RNG
Nature: Timid | Ability: Chlorophyll | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 11/22/2011 | Caught:: Pinwheel Forest | Met at Lvl. 14
IVs: 31/24/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Move(s): Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | Growth

Normally, for me, HP seeds take an eternity to generate. This one actually came really quick.

Also, three questions, for my next targets:

1. Could somebody lend me a Tornadus for #3?
2. About how long can I expect an HP Ice Timid Flash Fire Litwick seed to generate? I keep getting Timid Flame Body, Timid Flash Fire decent overall, and Calm Flash Fire.
3. What's the more sacrificable stat on Landorus, HP or Def, for HP Ice?

Also, I still don't get PIDRNG. my initial PIDRNG frame was 46, so I flipped back and forth (am I supposed to wait for the Chatot's cry?) to 50. I didn't get the right poke.

TDawg
11th January 2012, 4:58 AM
TDawg, mind if I steal your format?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/548.png
#252 Petilil | | ♀ | | White RNG
Nature: Timid | Ability: Chlorophyll | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 11/22/2011 | Caught:: Pinwheel Forest | Met at Lvl. 14
IVs: 31/24/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Move(s): Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | Growth

Normally, for me, HP seeds take an eternity to generate. This one actually came really quick.

Also, three questions, for my next targets:

1. Could somebody lend me a Tornadus for #3?
2. About how long can I expect an HP Ice Timid Flash Fire Litwick seed to generate? I keep getting Timid Flame Body, Timid Flash Fire decent overall, and Calm Flash Fire.
3. What's the more sacrificable stat on Landorus, HP or Def, for HP Ice?

Also, I still don't get PIDRNG. my initial PIDRNG frame was 46, so I flipped back and forth (am I supposed to wait for the Chatot's cry?) to 50. I didn't get the right poke.

Lol not at all.

1. I can't
2. No telling. Seeds are generated by your games parameters and DS Mac so it's different for everyone.
3. Defense.

Are you even finding out your shifted starting PID frame?

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 5:02 AM
Um.. what's that? Yeah, that's prob. where I'm going wrong. I'm just hitting my IV seed, then advancing my PID frame.

*starts generating the 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 Litwick seed*

So PIDRNG understanding would stop my heavy praying that I got the right poke/ability/nature/etc?

I'm guessing the encounter slot won't matter here, as it's all Litwick?

EDIT: Would that be the frame of the poke you catch, then compare the nature/gender/shininess/etc to the generated list on the main part?

Also, should I even ATTEMPT breeding, albeit the fact that I can get good parents, since I don't know how to control the PIDRNG fully yet?

EDIT EDIT: Does anybody else get annoyed at how long it generally takes to generate HP seeds, since they're so specific?

TDawg
11th January 2012, 5:56 AM
Um.. what's that? Yeah, that's prob. where I'm going wrong. I'm just hitting my IV seed, then advancing my PID frame.

*starts generating the 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 Litwick seed*

So PIDRNG understanding would stop my heavy praying that I got the right poke/ability/nature/etc?

I'm guessing the encounter slot won't matter here, as it's all Litwick?

EDIT: Would that be the frame of the poke you catch, then compare the nature/gender/shininess/etc to the generated list on the main part?

Also, should I even ATTEMPT breeding, albeit the fact that I can get good parents, since I don't know how to control the PIDRNG fully yet?

EDIT EDIT: Does anybody else get annoyed at how long it generally takes to generate HP seeds, since they're so specific?

ES won't matter.

If you enter the game instantly open the menu, sweet scent, then yes it would be.

And no you should not even worry about it till you have a full understanding of it.

And I get seeds very easily if it isn't shiny so I can't agree with you there.

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 6:01 AM
What does ES mean? Only meaning I know of it as is ExtremeSpeed.

Too Funk to Druck
11th January 2012, 6:04 AM
What does ES mean? Only meaning I know of it as is ExtremeSpeed.

Encounter slot.

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 6:06 AM
So I have my seed. I'd hit my (IV or PIDRNG?) seed, look for whatever I hit on the main part of RNG reporter, and that'd be my SSF?

TDawg
11th January 2012, 6:11 AM
So I have my seed. I'd hit my (IV or PIDRNG?) seed, look for whatever I hit on the main part of RNG reporter, and that'd be my SSF?

You need to understand that you're manipulating the IVRNG and the PIDRNG simultaneously, well pretty much. But anyways yes you are.

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 6:15 AM
Then JW, why does it say a time when you search for a PIDRNG seed?

Yes I am what?

TDawg
11th January 2012, 6:18 AM
Then JW, why does it say a time when you search for a PIDRNG seed?

Yes I am what?

Because you need to be entering the game -1 sec of what it says. Like you would any other seed. You should check bearsfan092 videos on youtube. They will help you understand more.

Lol sorry I didn't mean to add the you are. It was a yes to your question :P

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 6:29 AM
So do I need to find an IV seed time and an PID seed time that are the same or something?

TDawg
11th January 2012, 6:36 AM
We should just start all over lol.

Okay first off you should find a seed with a frame of 1.
Then you copy and paste that seed to the main window to find ES, nature and Ability.
Now try to hit the seed (keypresses if necessary).
Either try to use the Initial PID frame RNGReporter gives you or instantly sweet scent to find shifted starting frame.
Now Caught pokemon and compare to other PIDs in the main window to find which it is.
Adjust and do Chatot flips accordingly.

TDawg
11th January 2012, 8:01 AM
Struggled twice which was pretty annoying, but now I need to EV it and then also how do you guys sketch on 4th Gen? Since there aren't any random double battles and all rematch battles are too high leveled for this little lady.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/235.png
#235 Smeargle | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/normal.gif | Female | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png | HeartGold RNG
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Own Tempo | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 10/15/2011 | Caught: Ruins of Alph | Met at Lvl. 22
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Hidden Power: N/A
Move(s): Sketch

Ability could've been better, but it's alright.

Ausgirl
11th January 2012, 1:12 PM
Alright like many of you guys know I've been trying to RNG a flawless shiny Snivy with the eggmove glare. I'm currently using a DS Lite and the RNG Report program whilst following the BW RNG Manipulation Guide on Smogan. The parents include:

Flawless Japanese Ditto (Adamant)
Servine 31/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 20/ 20 (male, timid & has everstone)

I checked the IV's using pokecheck.

I followed the instructions as best as I could and when I hit 'generate' I got pokemon with random natures and IVs. I did get some shinies but they had the wrong natures and IVs. I've included screenshots of all the steps that I took so if you have the time I would appreciate it if you could look over what I did, and maybe point me in the right direction.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/34/seed11.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/seed11.jpg/)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8295/seed12.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/seed12.jpg/)

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9205/seed13.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/seed13.jpg/)

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/433/seed14emfvzpx.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/seed14emfvzpx.jpg/)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8464/seed15.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/seed15.jpg/)

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4070/seed16.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/seed16.jpg/)

Edit: Re-ordered screenshots.

Kalosian
11th January 2012, 1:39 PM
Struggled twice which was pretty annoying, but now I need to EV it and then also how do you guys sketch on 4th Gen? Since there aren't any random double battles and all rematch battles are too high leveled for this little lady.
In D/P/P, there are a pair of Twins south of Floaroma with two Pachirisu at low levels (9 in D/P, 11 in Platinum). If you are able to trade between your games, they would be my recommendation for Sketching.
And good job on the Smeargle, Own Tempo is the preferred ability if you aren't going to use it as a False Swiper, but it should work anyway as Smeargle still has a terrible Attack stat.

Vandslaux
11th January 2012, 2:21 PM
Yeah, it's better than Technician.

@TDawg: for getting my IV seed, do I not touch ANYTHING except the IVs, covering those when I search for a PIDRNG seed?

The Eleventh
11th January 2012, 7:22 PM
@TDawg: for getting my IV seed, do I not touch ANYTHING except the IVs, covering those when I search for a PIDRNG seed?
The only things you need to enter are the IVs, year, month, min/max frames (both 8 for breeding), method (standard seed) and encounter type (Gift Pokémon). That's all.

Once you've found a suitable seed, right-click it, and copy it. Then, just got to the main window of RNG Reporter, change the method there to Breeding (BW), or Breeding (BW, International) if you're using foreign parents, put int the Everstone nature, paste the seed into the Seed box, leave the IVs alone and tick whether you're using a Ditto parent or not. On the right, leave the nature, ability and gender blank for the moment, and press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". Finally, generate a list of PIDRNG frames. Those will be all the eggs that can be produced on that IV frame. Then it's just a case of starting up your game at the time listed in the Time Finder (minus your differential, of course) and finding your SSF.

It does seem daunting at first, but once you get it right, you'll find it very easy.

@alishenai, have you actually found your parameters? They're not in the Parameters tab, from the looks of that screenshot. Also, you haven't copied the seed into the main window, as described above.

Agonist
11th January 2012, 10:19 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/330.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Mars | 58706 | Jolly | Levitate
30 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 29 | 30
Double Edge | Body Slam | Mimic | Crunch
UT @ Lv. 45

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/338.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Mars | 58706 | Jolly | Levitate
30 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 29 | 30
Double Edge | Body Slam | Mimic | Zen Headbutt
UT @ Lv. 35

Both are retail Emerald captures.

JTrainer
11th January 2012, 11:38 PM
If I'm trying to RNG an Entralink pokemon for IVs only (nature manipulation doesn't matter, I can just keep resetting to get the right one like I do with Tornadus), do I still need to soft reset (My DS Lite's L button is screwed up)? Or can I just synch my game's time to an external clock and enter the entralink when it hits the right time? (For instance, if the seed I want to hit is something like 2:23:26, could I just start my game at 2:21:00 with my game synched with an external clock, and enter the entralink at 2:23:26? Or a second or two earlier, if that's required?)

Arceus is going to be available soon, so I need to get how to do this. I don't want to settle for a crappy IVed Arceus. Can anyone help me?

Ausgirl
12th January 2012, 12:19 AM
The only things you need to enter are the IVs, year, month, min/max frames (both 8 for breeding), method (standard seed) and encounter type (Gift Pokémon). That's all.

Once you've found a suitable seed, right-click it, and copy it. Then, just got to the main window of RNG Reporter, change the method there to Breeding (BW), or Breeding (BW, International) if you're using foreign parents, put int the Everstone nature, paste the seed into the Seed box, leave the IVs alone and tick whether you're using a Ditto parent or not. On the right, leave the nature, ability and gender blank for the moment, and press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". Finally, generate a list of PIDRNG frames. Those will be all the eggs that can be produced on that IV frame. Then it's just a case of starting up your game at the time listed in the Time Finder (minus your differential, of course) and finding your SSF.

It does seem daunting at first, but once you get it right, you'll find it very easy.

@alishenai, have you actually found your parameters? They're not in the Parameters tab, from the looks of that screenshot. Also, you haven't copied the seed into the main window, as described above.

Well I thought I did... anyway I'm gonna give it another go later today.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
12th January 2012, 3:09 AM
The age old question: Gold or Silver?

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/249.gif
|#249|Lugia|Impish|Pressure|31|31|31|25|31|31|
|Aeroblast|Punishment|Ancientpower|Safeguard|
|Caught at Whirl Islands|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/250.gif

|#250|Ho-oh|Adamant|Pressure|31|31|31|17|31|31|
|Extrasensory|Sunny Day|Fire Blast|Sacred Fire|
|Caught at Tin Tower|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/001.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gif

|#150|Mewtwo|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Psycho Cut|Amnesia|Power Swap|Guard Swap|
|Caught at Cerulean Cave|

Agonist
12th January 2012, 3:42 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/142.gifhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/58/Bag_Old_Amber_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Rock Head
31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 31
Scary Face | Roar | Agility | Ancient Power
UT @ Lv. 25

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/564.gifhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/26/Bag_Cover_Fossil_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Solid Rock
31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
Aqua Jet | Ancient Power | Crunch | Wide Guard
UT @ Lv. 25

Tarro57
12th January 2012, 4:42 AM
I need to get back into this... Everybody's doing GREAT!

TDawg
12th January 2012, 5:01 AM
The age old question: Gold or Silver?

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/249.gif
|#249|Lugia|Impish|Pressure|31|31|31|25|31|31|
|Aeroblast|Punishment|Ancientpower|Safeguard|
|Caught at Whirl Islands|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/250.gif

|#250|Ho-oh|Adamant|Pressure|31|31|31|17|31|31|
|Extrasensory|Sunny Day|Fire Blast|Sacred Fire|
|Caught at Tin Tower|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/001.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gif

|#150|Mewtwo|Timid|Pressure|31|7|31|31|31|31|
|Psycho Cut|Amnesia|Power Swap|Guard Swap|
|Caught at Cerulean Cave|

Great RNGs. Gold was my childhood favorite. :P

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/142.gifhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/58/Bag_Old_Amber_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Rock Head
31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 31
Scary Face | Roar | Agility | Ancient Power
UT @ Lv. 25

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/564.gifhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/26/Bag_Cover_Fossil_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Solid Rock
31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
Aqua Jet | Ancient Power | Crunch | Wide Guard
UT @ Lv. 25

Nice stuff as always man! Loved the Flygon you posted before and liking the fossils.

Ausgirl
12th January 2012, 7:23 AM
Alright I'm pretty sure that I've missed an important step in finding my parametres since when I tried to do a search I didn't get any results. I've included screenshots of everything since it's easier for me to explain what I did that way.

General questions:

Screenshot 1:
-There's two boxes about natures. Do I need to fill out both?
-What does "Show Inheritance" mean?

Screenshot 2:
-What does "Vcount", "Vframe" and "Gxstat" mean?
-Should I skip "L/R button's"?
-What should I put in the "timer min"/ "max"?
-What is "SR" about in RNG?

Screenshot 4:
-What does "full value" mean?
-Should I click "first half only"?
-When it mentions "hour, minutes & seconds" is this about when you get the egg or when the egg actually hatches? (For reference I used the time I recorded for when the egg hatched in the screenshot).
-Do held button's make the process easier or harder?

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6599/seed21.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/seed21.jpg/)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7472/seed22.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/seed22.jpg/)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2285/seed23.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/seed23.jpg/)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5655/seed25.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/seed25.jpg/)

TDawg
12th January 2012, 7:29 AM
Some general questions:

Screenshot 1:
-There's two boxes about natures. Do I need to fill out both?
-What does "Show Inheritance" mean?

Screenshot 2:
-What does "Vcount", "Vframe" and "Gxstat" mean?
-Should I skip "L/R button's"?
-What should I put in the "timer min"/ "max"?
-What is "SR" about in RNG?

Screenshot 4:
-What does "full value" mean?
-Should I click "first half only"?
-When it mentions "hour, minutes & seconds" is this about when you get the egg or when the egg actually hatches? (For reference I used the time I recorded for when the egg hatched in the screenshot).
-Do held button's make the process easier or harder?

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6599/seed21.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/seed21.jpg/)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7472/seed22.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/seed22.jpg/)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2285/seed23.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/seed23.jpg/)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5655/seed25.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/seed25.jpg/)

(wait until this is removed befor answering since I wanna check screenshots).

I know I am supposed to wait, but you shouldn't be getting your parameters with an egg pokemon. You're supposed to Sweet Secnt a wild Pokemon with no NPCs

Vandslaux
12th January 2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.pnghttp://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/628.png
Braviary
Jolly | Sheer Force | Hidden Power Dark 70
31/31/31/27/31/31

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/duskball.pnghttp://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/607.png
Litwick
Timid | Flame Body | Hidden Power Ice 70
31/14/31/31/31/31

I couldn't find a Flash Fire seed :/
And do I use "Search for shiny frames" or select Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method?

And you can't get your parameters w/ an egg. To answer your questions, your Timer0 is the only thing to really worry about. The others seem to be based on your DS/game combination. But they do matter during calibration.

And nice RNGs. Thinking of RNGing Mewtwo on my SS once I learn BW RNG.

I'm going to actually try now to learning about the PIDRNG. IV RNG is FAR, FAR too easy.

And how do you find your SSF, again?

EDIT: just found this in the archives, should be helpful:

jolteon135
How do I Hit The Seed?
Set the DS date to the date that RNG reporter gives you in the time finder. Set the clock to the time that RNG reporter gives you. After setting the time, quickly turn off the game and turn it back on. Watch the seconds hand on the DS clock and wait for the correct second. Press A to start up the game 1 second before the time that RNG reporter gives you. I.E. If RNG reporter tells you to start at 7/23/2011 and 8:32:22 you would set the date to 7/23/2011, set the clock to 8:32, turn off/on and wait for the seconds hand to hit 21 and press A to start up the game as soon as the seconds hand hits 21.

Where and How do I Hold Keypresses?
Keypresses are held immediately after you start up the game from the DS menu menu. Start up the game by pressing A 1 second before the time RNG reporter gives, let go of A immediately and hold the required keypresses until the gamefreak logo comes on.

How do I Find my Actual Starting PID Frame?
This is the tricky part.Your actual starting PID frame is usually slightly higher than the calculated initial PID frame that RNG reporter gives you because of the NPCs (unless you're in an area with no NPCs). To find it you must hit your seed, enter the game without turning on the c-gear, let the seasons message fade by itself. While the seasons message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as quickly as possible. Then sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Check it's IVs to see if you hit your seed. If you did hit your seed look at the list of PID frames and look for a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PID frame" that matches the caught Pokemon. The matching frame will have the same nature, ability, encounter slot etc. That's your actual starting PID frame. Turn off the game without saving and redo it to get your target PID frame.
Note*: If you're using a synchronizer, put another Pokemon first in your party after you open the menu. The synchronizer will only complicate things when you're trying to find your actual starting PID frame.

How do I Hit my Target PID Frame?
Once you've found your actual starting PID frame, hit your seed again, let the season message fade by itself. While the season message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as soon as it fades. This time you view Chatot's summary the appropriate number of times to advance from your actual starting frame to your target frame. Remember each view of Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 so target frame-actual starting frame=the number of times you need to view Chatot's summary before sweet scenting.

Also frame 57 could be too low if you're in an area with NPCs. Generally you should aim for 60+. You can give it a try but if your actual starting frame is higher than 57 you'll have to find another seed.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
13th January 2012, 12:25 AM
Neither are fun to catch.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/382.gif
|#382|Kyogre|Modest|Drizzle|31|4|31|31|31|31|
|Aqua Ring|Ice Beam|Ancientpower|Water Spout|
|Caught at Embedded Tower|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/384.gif

|#384|Rayquaza|Hasty|Pressure|31|31|30|31|31|31|
|Rest|Air Slash|Ancientpower|Outrage|

-Xen-
13th January 2012, 1:07 AM
Neither are fun to catch.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/382.gif
|#382|Kyogre|Modest|Drizzle|31|4|31|31|31|31|
|Aqua Ring|Ice Beam|Ancientpower|Water Spout|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/384.gif

|#384|Rayquaza|Hasty|Pressure|31|31|30|31|31|31|
|Rest|Air Slash|Ancientpower|Outrage|
|Caught at Tin Tower|

Tin Tower? Don't you mean Embedded Tower? lol

Anyway, I am having a little bit of trouble with RNGing a Jolly Flawless Tornadus on my Black Retail Cartridge. I've been experimenting with the Frame advancement, and have found a rather common seed that I am hitting. But there's a problem. I can't seem to find the frame that I am hitting when I search the PIDRNG. Most of my hits happen around frame 1650, but this one particular seed doesn't show up at all. Why would this happen? I know for a fact that I am hitting the Standard Seed, because the IV's Match up perfectly.

The seed I am hitting is Gentle w/ Alert to Sounds. But like I said, I can't find "Alert to Sounds" in the results at all.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
13th January 2012, 1:28 AM
Tin Tower? Don't you mean Embedded Tower? lol

Meh, copy pasted my format from previous posts. Fixing.

Edit: Seems I'm interested in Pokemon again (that was fast), though that was probably due to my experimenting with retail carts and figuring out how easy generation 4 is to abuse so far.

TDawg
13th January 2012, 2:06 AM
Meh, copy pasted my format from previous posts. Fixing.

Edit: Seems I'm interested in Pokemon again (that was fast), though that was probably due to my experimenting with retail carts and figuring out how easy generation 4 is to abuse so far.

Yeah I think we can see that.

4th Gen is definitely easier then I once thought.

Anyways what ball for Raikou? Moon ball or Ultra? I might end up with Ultras anyways since it's so damn hard to get a lot Moon balls.

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 3:30 AM
By PIDRNG seed, do you guys mean the frame it says when you search for "nearby shiny"? Currently attempting to generate a seed for a shiny Adamant Axew. Shiny Hax is one of my favorite shinies ever.

Tarro57
13th January 2012, 3:40 AM
Yeah, the "Nearby Shiny" is your PIDRNG Frame. You know what to do with that, right?

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 3:42 AM
Well, not really. I know how to advance my frame, my initial PIDRNG frame, etc. But the SSF is just confusing me. I'm going to be RNGing on the floor before Cobalion, where there's no NPCs.

So that's why I've been totally failing at the PIDRNG, I've been trying to use Gen 5 PIDRNG as the Encounter Method.

Tarro57
13th January 2012, 3:51 AM
Copy your seed into the main window, put the tab to Method 5 PIDRNG, click the calculate initial seed, it will tell you your SSF.

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 3:54 AM
So this is the procedure for an Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 Mold Breaker shiny Axew?

1. hit seed
2. advance from initial PIDRNG seed to target seed
3. Sweet Scent
4. $$$

So finding the SSF only gets complicated when there's NPCs?

Also, if I need to advance at least 200 frames, should I just use a repel and bike around for a quick 200 frames, unharming the IVRNG, as that requires 128 to advance?

Once I figure out 5th gen and abuse in it a little bit, I think I'm going to try abusing my SS. Mewtwo seems like a good candidate, as does Rayquaza.

Tarro57
13th January 2012, 4:03 AM
I recommend using Chatot to advance it. But everything else is good!

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 4:06 AM
Yeah, I meant it like this:

Let's say my initial frame is 50, target frame 256
I repel for 100 steps (Frame 250 PID, IV 1)
I Chatot flip 6 times (Frame 256 PID, IV 1)

I put the max shiny frame at 300.

TDawg
13th January 2012, 4:26 AM
Yeah, I meant it like this:

Let's say my initial frame is 50, target frame 256
I repel for 100 steps (Frame 250 PID, IV 1)
I Chatot flip 6 times (Frame 256 PID, IV 1)

I put the max shiny frame at 300.

Yes that would be correct.

But, turning also advances the PID frame

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 4:29 AM
Is egg PIDRNG basically the same as wild pokemon, except it's receiving the egg instead of Sweet Scenting, and the complication of having parents that can produce the desired IVs (which shouldn't be too hard)?

..yeah, I think I'll stick to Chatot flipping. And can you just rapidly flip, or do you need to wait to hear the cry?

TDawg
13th January 2012, 4:31 AM
Is egg PIDRNG basically the same as wild pokemon, except it's receiving the egg instead of Sweet Scenting, and the complication of having parents that can produce the desired IVs (which shouldn't be too hard)?

Pretty much. RNGing a Flawless Ditto should be the first thing you do though. NPCs on Route 3 can troll you aat times though.

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 4:34 AM
So when that happens, let's say they advance it 2 frames, advance with Chatots 2 less times?

silicon
13th January 2012, 4:57 AM
So when that happens, let's say they advance it 2 frames, advance with Chatots 2 less times?

Basically. Personally, I've found that in the time before me opening the menu and between closing it and recieving the egg the frame usually gets advanced around 4 or 5 times, so when calculating how many flips I need I usually just subtract 4.

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 5:04 AM
Am I likely to find ANY frames with this:

shiny Adamant synch frames only
31/31/31/x/31/31
ES 6
Ability 1
3 keypresses

And I heard you can verify you hit your seed/advanced correctly with eggs if you catch a wild pokemon, and it has your IV spread. True?

kaiser soze
13th January 2012, 6:30 AM
Hypothetical HGSS RNG question: what's the minimun amount of info I need if I want to RNG my IDs for my next playthrough?

TDawg
13th January 2012, 6:40 AM
Hypothetical HGSS RNG question: what's the minimun amount of info I need if I want to RNG my IDs for my next playthrough?

Your ID is generated after the Gyarados TV show. Otherwise it's like hitting any other delay, but you wanna look for a high delay of like 7500 or so just so you can breathe

Okay how does Shadow Tag work? I switched out and the next turn Raikou fled :S I hate roamers.

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 6:45 AM
It stops working if you switch. Which is why I carried a Wobb from Cerulean Cave or Safari Zone blocks when I caught the roamers ingame. Could tank their hits easily (Fire Spin passive damage killing me is annoying though) and CounterCoat them to low health. Or just spam Ultra Balls.

And there's no Gyarados show on HGSS, only DPt.

And how do you get dif. seeds for the roamners, anyway? Is it a "do one, do both" sort of thing, with the same IVs? Then how do you get dif. nature Entei and Raikou when you don't RNG them?

TDawg
13th January 2012, 7:16 AM
It stops working if you switch. Which is why I carried a Wobb from Cerulean Cave or Safari Zone blocks when I caught the roamers ingame. Could tank their hits easily (Fire Spin passive damage killing me is annoying though) and CounterCoat them to low health. Or just spam Ultra Balls.

And there's no Gyarados show on HGSS, only DPt.

And how do you get dif. seeds for the roamners, anyway? Is it a "do one, do both" sort of thing, with the same IVs? Then how do you get dif. nature Entei and Raikou when you don't RNG them?

Oh okay then Serebii lies O.o

And I know but that's what he's playing.

And killing one off, RNGing it, then do the other the like that well get you three roamers with awesome stats.

Ausgirl
13th January 2012, 9:10 AM
I'm still trying to find my parametres. Am I doing something wrong here?

-Synched the ds clock with an external clock which shows seconds
-Timed myself to see how long it takes me to load the game from the screen which shows where my game is saved (7 seconds)
-Entered the time that I wanted the game to load in the RNG Reporter DS Parametres Search
-Loaded my game 7 seconds befor to make sure I got the time right
-Didn't select C-Gear and just pressed a until the game loaded
-Used Sweet Scent in an area with NPC (Wellspring Cave)
-Uploaded the PKMN to Pokecheck
-Entered the IVs in the RNG Reporter DS Parametres Search

Vandslaux
13th January 2012, 1:43 PM
You're supposed to use an area WITHOUT NPCs. And there's no offset for calibration.

And what's a good max shiny frame? I'm finding nothing with 300. I've been letting RNG Reporter go for the last 10 or so hours.

TDawg
13th January 2012, 4:59 PM
You're supposed to use an area WITHOUT NPCs. And there's no offset for calibration.

And what's a good max shiny frame? I'm finding nothing with 300. I've been letting RNG Reporter go for the last 10 or so hours.

You will usually find one in the thousands

The Eleventh
13th January 2012, 7:13 PM
I'm still trying to find my parametres. Am I doing something wrong here?

-Synched the ds clock with an external clock which shows seconds
-Timed myself to see how long it takes me to load the game from the screen which shows where my game is saved (7 seconds)
-Entered the time that I wanted the game to load in the RNG Reporter DS Parametres Search
-Loaded my game 7 seconds befor to make sure I got the time right
-Didn't select C-Gear and just pressed a until the game loaded
-Used Sweet Scent in an area with NPC (Wellspring Cave)
-Uploaded the PKMN to Pokecheck
-Entered the IVs in the RNG Reporter DS Parametres Search
You don't need to find out how long it takes you to get to the Continue screen. The time you put in the parameters search is the time you pressed A to start your game from the DS menu, not at the continue screen. Additionally, you should find your parameters in a place like Victory Road, where there are high-leveled Pokémon. By doing that, you won't have to save your game to check IVs; just find the IV range using a calculator.

vands, you should probably hatch that Axew if you're having difficulty in finding a seed. It's no different to wild RNGing, save for NPCs advancing the PIDRNG frame and that your IV frame should be set to eight when looking for a seed (collecting an egg advances it by seven). You're on the right track now, though. You're not far from your target.

TDawg
13th January 2012, 9:15 PM
You don't need to find out how long it takes you to get to the Continue screen. The time you put in the parameters search is the time you pressed A to start your game from the DS menu, not at the continue screen. Additionally, you should find your parameters in a place like Victory Road, where there are high-leveled Pokémon. By doing that, you won't have to save your game to check IVs; just find the IV range using a calculator.

vands, you should probably hatch that Axew if you're having difficulty in finding a seed. It's no different to wild RNGing, save for NPCs advancing the PIDRNG frame and that your IV frame should be set to eight when looking for a seed (collecting an egg advances it by seven). You're on the right track now, though. You're not far from your target.

Adding on to what Speed is saying, is that you always can use the 4th/5th Gen Shiny egg tab as well to fins shiny spreads. That is what it's made for anyways :P

Ausgirl
14th January 2012, 1:33 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. Now that I know exactly what I'm timing for that should make the process that much easier... I actually did try Victory Road but since I wasn't sure about the timing and everything then that will explain why I didn't get any results. Btw I prefer to use pokecheck to find out the IVs since it's a lot quicker and you know that you will get the exact IVs the first time you go there.

jolteonjak
14th January 2012, 2:03 AM
I've read info and watched videos about RNG breeding, and I think I can get it down if I can just get into my menus quick enough. Does anyone have any extra tips please?

kaiser soze
14th January 2012, 2:36 AM
I've read info and watched videos about RNG breeding, and I think I can get it down if I can just get into my menus quick enough. Does anyone have any extra tips please?Capture a flawless Ditto first (doesn't have to be shiny) and make one of your first breeds a flawless male Smeargle. Also get an incubator pokemon.

Vandslaux
14th January 2012, 3:45 AM
So I figured out the PIDRNG. I just, to test if I've learned enough, made a none/none/none/none/none/none shiny seed. And I hit it, and caught it. Now, I'm ready for breeding.

What's the most efficient method to get pent-flawless shiny eggs? I've tried the x/x/x/31/31/31 inheritance method, but the inheritance seems to be going for the ones already generated by the seed.

jolteonjak
14th January 2012, 3:58 AM
Incubator = Flash Fire or the other one, right?

Vandslaux
14th January 2012, 3:59 AM
Flame Body or Magma Armor.

And this video makes it look so easy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkKMtmIZD4 But it's so hard. Is it target frame - PIDRNG initial frame - 1 (for NPCs) = number of times you chatter?

TDawg
14th January 2012, 5:04 AM
Just RNGed my Raikou successfully, but can't update it as I need to use to RNG the other roamers. Well at Latios, because Special Entei all that great. Well whatever took me one try to get Raikou so I am happy :D

Vandslaux
14th January 2012, 5:07 AM
Also, does the encounter slot even matter? I half-RNGed (not IVs though) a shiny Krokorok, and it occurred on slot 6. Cofagrigus occurs on the even slots.

Also, should a max frame of 1000 for a shiny Axew work? I really want one. Shiny Haxorus is so badass.

TDawg
14th January 2012, 8:13 AM
Also, does the encounter slot even matter? I half-RNGed (not IVs though) a shiny Krokorok, and it occurred on slot 6. Cofagrigus occurs on the even slots.

Also, should a max frame of 1000 for a shiny Axew work? I really want one. Shiny Haxorus is so badass.

Yes it does. It depends where you are RNGing as well (obviously).

And yeah maybe add keypresses as well. Different for everybody, but like I said in the RNG Club is that you really should just RNG it as an egg. Much easier and faster.

Ausgirl
14th January 2012, 8:46 AM
Just got my parameters using a PKMN that I caught on Victory Road (1st floor.)

TDawg
14th January 2012, 9:57 AM
Just got my parameters using a PKMN that I caught on Victory Road (1st floor.)

Are you Reshiram99 or something like that on Smogon? :P

The Eleventh
14th January 2012, 12:55 PM
So I figured out the PIDRNG. I just, to test if I've learned enough, made a none/none/none/none/none/none shiny seed. And I hit it, and caught it. Now, I'm ready for breeding.

What's the most efficient method to get pent-flawless shiny eggs? I've tried the x/x/x/31/31/31 inheritance method, but the inheritance seems to be going for the ones already generated by the seed.
I generally find a seed with 31/31/31/x/31/x for a physical attacker (31 SpA for a special attacker, obviously), so that only Speed needs to be inherited. You'll need to make sure that the other stats inherited are inherited correctly, from the right parent, though. You might find a pent-flawless seed easily or a even a flawless seed with keypresses.

As for your starting frame, it will be three-five higher (usually) than the starting frame RNG Reporter calculated, due to WNPCs. Just continuously press X very quickly as soon as the season screen appears, and the menu will appear to allow you to advance the PIDRNG frame via Chatot.

Agonist
14th January 2012, 4:16 PM

If you got Krokorok, then you got a different ES than 6.

Also, I'm assuming for the Axew, you're planning on doing it as a wild capture? Why are you going so high for a PID frame?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/494.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
Movie14 | 12031 | Naive | Victory Star
30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
V-create | Fusion Bolt | Fusion Flare | Searing Shot
UT @ Lv. 50

I love how easy it is to do G5 Wondercards. This seed required only two advances (I just let a NPC turn), and my Jolly one didn't require any advances at all. Anyway, got every viable nature for Victini (Adamant, Jolly, Naive, and Brave).

The Eleventh
14th January 2012, 10:59 PM
I RNGed a flawless Ditto in SoulSilver earlier this evening. It'll come in handy for any future Gen IV bred Pokémon, so I hope to put it to use some time soon. What are some prevalent and interesting Pokémon that have Gen IV-exclusive moves? I was thinking of Metagross with Iron Head and Ice Punch.

TDawg
14th January 2012, 11:03 PM
I RNGed a flawless Ditto in SoulSilver earlier this evening. It'll come in handy for any future Gen IV bred Pokémon, so I hope to put it to use some time soon. What are some prevalent and interesting Pokémon that have Gen IV-exclusive moves? I was thinking of Metagross with Iron Head and Ice Punch.

Swampert with Ice Punch, and Stealth Rock, Toxicroak with Ice Punch, Lucario with Drain Punch, Miltank with Stealth Rock, Gliscor with Roost. There is a lot of good potential pokemon.

EDIT: What's a good ball to put Entei in?

Agonist
14th January 2012, 11:22 PM

Mamoswine - Superpower, Stealth Rock
Gliscor - Roost, Stealth Rock, Tailwind
Porygon-Z - Dark Pulse, Trick
Gallade - Elemental Punches, Trick, Magic Coat, Pain Split
Metagross - Stealth Rock, Elemental Punches, Trick
Salamence - Outrage, Roost, Tailwind, Aqua Tail, Heatwave, Dragon Pulse
Flygon - Outrage, Elemental Punches
Lucario - Ice Punch
Ludicolo - Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Seed Bomb

Tarro57
15th January 2012, 12:14 AM

Rampardos: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Stealth Rock, Outrage

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 12:56 AM
I'm getting really PO'ed at RNG Reporter right now, with finding my SSF. I do everything right (here's what I did):

1. Hit seed
2. spam X while season fades to bring up menu
3. Chatter once
4. Press B twice, then press again and immediately spam A to pick up Egg

I'm picking up the egg so fast, it stays paused, without moving AT ALL. I keep getting something with some random frame that isn't even close to my SF.

The Eleventh
15th January 2012, 1:02 AM
I'm getting really PO'ed at RNG Reporter right now, with finding my SSF. I do everything right (here's what I did):

1. Hit seed
2. spam X while season fades to bring up menu
3. Chatter once
4. Press B twice, then press again and immediately spam A to pick up Egg

I'm picking up the egg so fast, it stays paused, without moving AT ALL. I keep getting something with some random frame that isn't even close to my SF.
Then you're not hitting your seed. Your timer0 must be fluctuating. If that is the case, just keep trying.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 1:15 AM
So once I DO find my SSF, just reset, hit my seed again, Chatter, pick up egg, profit?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 1:15 AM
Bad day, but I got these guys to make up for it. And each one on the first try.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/243.png
#243 Raikou | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/electric.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/moonball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Route 38 | Met at Lvl. 40
IVs: 31/x/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Ice 70
Move(s): Roar | Quick Attack | Spark | Reflect

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/244.png
#244 Entei | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/fire.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/repeatball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Route 38 | Met at Lvl. 40
IVs: 31/x/31/30/31/31 | Hidden Power: Grass 70
Move(s): Roar | Fire Spin | Stomp | Flamethrower

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/381.png
#381 Latios | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/dragon.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/psychic.gif | Male | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/greatball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Route 12 | Met at Lvl. 35
IVs: 31/x/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Move(s): DragonBreath | Protect | Refresh | Luster Purge

Not sure if I can put any TMs on them before they make their way to 5th Gen.

Agonist
15th January 2012, 1:18 AM
you can't make them hold tm's, if thats what you're asking, but you should tutor as many moves as you possibly can onto them.

Anyway, i need to find a poke with 42 speed, and one with 44, then I'm off the catch Registeel on emerald. Fortunately, the frame I'm using is only six minutes in.

The Eleventh
15th January 2012, 1:21 AM
So once I DO find my SSF, just reset, hit my seed again, Chatter, pick up egg, profit?
Yes, that's it. After you've found how much NPCs advance the initial frame a few times, you should be getting a small enough range to estimate it, so that you won't have to calculate your SSF each time.

Those are great RNGs, TDawg. How different is RNGing roamers in Gen IV?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 1:21 AM
you can't make them hold tm's, if thats what you're asking, but you should tutor as many moves as you possibly can onto them.

Anyway, i need to find a poke with 42 speed, and one with 44, then I'm off the catch Registeel on emerald. Fortunately, the frame I'm using is only six minutes in.

I meant like special on 4th Gen TMs only should I put on them to learn. (Because the animation shows all you do is put the disk on the Pokemon and they learn the move :P), but what're good tutor moves.

Agonist
15th January 2012, 1:23 AM
i don't think there are any that they can learn. however, Latios gets Trick, Tailwind, Magic Coat (i think), and one other decent move via tutor, so that's worth a shot. Raikou gets Signal Beam, but that's about it iirc. Entei doesn't get anything :(

E: give them all sleep talk

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 1:26 AM
Nice RNGs. Once I learn 5th gen, I'm going to attempt to RNG Zapdos on my Platinum. Will Moltres and Articuno have HP Ice as well, since they're all released at the same time? Or would Cress/Mesprit be a better idea first, as it's just one roamer?

And tutor Latios Trick. I'm guessing Entei's set's going to be HP Grass/Eruption/Fire Blast/filler?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 1:36 AM
Nice RNGs. Once I learn 5th gen, I'm going to attempt to RNG Zapdos on my Platinum. Will Moltres and Articuno have HP Ice as well, since they're all released at the same time? Or would Cress/Mesprit be a better idea first, as it's just one roamer?

And tutor Latios Trick. I'm guessing Entei's set's going to be HP Grass/Eruption/Fire Blast/filler?

IDK how to explain how you RNG all of them, but it isn't that hard. You just need the E4. Smogon has a guide for it.

Trick is definitely good.

Nope. Going for a Sub, Calm Mind set.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 2:11 AM
Oh, how happy I am going to be once I get this shiny Axew thing over with T.T, which might just be tonight. Hit my seed (hope timer0 doesn't fluctuate), Chatter once, receive egg, hatch, find SSF with main window, reset, repeat, except chatter to my target frame. Am I missing anything?

And I've noticed that the NPCs cause it to advance about 4-5. Would just Chattering to my target frame and subtracting one every time I don't hit it due the NPCs work?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 2:14 AM
Oh, how happy I am going to be once I get this shiny Axew thing over with T.T, which might just be tonight. Hit my seed (hope timer0 doesn't fluctuate), Chatter once, receive egg, hatch, find SSF with main window, reset, repeat, except chatter to my target frame. Am I missing anything?

Don't even chatter once. You should be fine opening the menu, then closing it to get your SSF.

And I've noticed that the NPCs cause it to advance about 4-5. Would just Chattering to my target frame and subtracting one every time I don't hit it due the NPCs work?

I don't really understand this part.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 2:16 AM
Like let's say my target frame is 100. My initial PIDRNG frame is 50. I Chatter 50 times, if if what hatches isn't my target, reset. I then Chatter 49 times, and so on until I hit it. Obviously, it has it's flaws, like if I get below my target frame.

TDawg
15th January 2012, 2:19 AM
Like let's say my target frame is 100. My initial PIDRNG frame is 50. I Chatter 50 times, if if what hatches isn't my target, reset. I then Chatter 49 times, and so on until I hit it. Obviously, it has it's flaws, like if I get below my target frame.

OOOOOHhhhh. Well no that would waste a lot of time. Say your target frame is on 100. SF is 50. So you advance 50 times and you check the Pokemon and it's is the Pokemon on frame 105 according to the main window. So all you have to do is minus 5 and you 45 advancements.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 2:23 AM
OOOOOHhhhh. Well no that would waste a lot of time. Say your target frame is on 100. SF is 50. So you advance 50 times and you check the Pokemon and it's is the Pokemon on frame 105 according to the main window. So all you have to do is minus 5 and you 45 advancements.

Not really understanding you. Wouldn't that put me at frame 95?

EDIT: OH, now I get what you mean.

EDIT EDIT: About how close is close to the SF? 4-5?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: So the simplest way, since my SF/target frame is 40/89, is to just advance 49 times the first time, and subtract the amount the NPCs advanced the second time?

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 3:13 AM
I just remembered the reason my timer0 is fluctuating, I have a A+B+Right keypress. How would I adjust to this? Recalibrate, this time with 3 keypresses?

And to think I was an RNG noob a week ago. Now I've understood the PIDRNG and IVRNG. It's just breeding that's really being annoying. Well, I guess this knowledge will also apply to Landorus at the Abundant Shrine, where there's NPCs.

Should I try using a seed w/ no keypresses?

drothagreat0ne
15th January 2012, 3:57 AM
After being drawn away by the seductive beast that is Skyrim, I decided to honor the whole Dragon thing with this guy:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/621.gif
#621 Druddigon | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif | ♂ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sheer Force | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 01/28/2012 | Egg Hatched: Dragonspiral Tower
Egg Moves: Glare, Sludge Bomb | IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

TDawg
15th January 2012, 3:58 AM
I just remembered the reason my timer0 is fluctuating, I have a A+B+Right keypress. How would I adjust to this? Recalibrate, this time with 3 keypresses?

This shouldn't be making your timer0 fluctuate. You shouldn't need to adjust at all. Certain seeds have keypresses, no way around that.

And to think I was an RNG noob a week ago. Now I've understood the PIDRNG and IVRNG. It's just breeding that's really being annoying. Well, I guess this knowledge will also apply to Landorus at the Abundant Shrine, where there's NPCs.

Should I try using a seed w/ no keypresses?

If you battle all the trainers on your way to RNG Landorus they will become Regular NPCs who won't advance your frame.

It should really matter if you use keypresses or not, but if you find it easier to not, then by all means go for it.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 4:04 AM
So there is absolutely one thing I can do, keep trying?

And if my seed is fluctuating, then do I change my timer0 to the one it fluctuated with when I calibrated?

Agonist
15th January 2012, 4:22 AM
generally you can just wait a few hours, and your Timer0 will be back to normal

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 4:28 AM
So does it fluctuate from over-RNGing or something?

And I think I found my SSF. I got an Adamant Female Rivalry Axew with flawless HP, Attack, and Speed, which occurs on 55 and 57. Which is more likely to be my SSF, if my SF is 53? I'm guessing 57, but I want second opinions.

TDawg
15th January 2012, 4:33 AM
So does it fluctuate from over-RNGing or something?

And I think I found my SSF. I got an Adamant Female Rivalry Axew with flawless HP, Attack, and Speed, which occurs on 55 and 57. Which is more likely to be my SSF, if my SF is 53? I'm guessing 57, but I want second opinions.

No it will just fluctuate no matter what.

And you won't know till you go for the real thing. My SSFs fluctuate from -5 to +7, pain in the ***.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 4:59 AM
How do you find what frame you hit when there's multiple identical seeds around it?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 6:01 AM
How do you find what frame you hit when there's multiple identical seeds around it?

You have to guess and check. Try and get as close of resemblance as you can. Check the inheritance, Nature, Ability, Characteristic, Gender.

jolteonjak
15th January 2012, 8:13 AM
Breeding isn't working for me. I don't know what the problem is; if it's user error (my not opening menus fast enough) or if it's me not finding the seed correctly. I tried the other night and again tonight. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this so late after midnight...

I'll see if I can get some help later.

TDawg
15th January 2012, 9:07 AM
Breeding isn't working for me. I don't know what the problem is; if it's user error (my not opening menus fast enough) or if it's me not finding the seed correctly. I tried the other night and again tonight. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this so late after midnight...

I'll see if I can get some help later.

Well you might not be hitting the seed. That can make all the difference.

The Eleventh
15th January 2012, 11:55 AM
You can right-click a PIDRNG frame in the main window, where you should find the option to view characteristics. I can't recall from memory exactly what to click, but you should be able to find it. That'll help you narrow down the frames you could have hit.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 3:17 PM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/610.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/611.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/612.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Adamant | Mold Breaker
31/31/31/29/31/31

I actually almost turned off the game because I thought it was normal.
I also heard somewhere that I should make one of my first egg RNGs a Smeargle, so..

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/evo/235.png
Careful | Own Tempo
31/31/31/31/31/31

The Eleventh
15th January 2012, 4:10 PM
Congrats, vands! The process becomes easier and easier with practise. Soon, you should be able to do this in a very small length of time. (:

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 4:47 PM
It took me like 5 minutes to do the Smeargle.

Ropav
15th January 2012, 5:27 PM
Is Rng faster then softresting,mming,and random encounters?

The Eleventh
15th January 2012, 5:36 PM
Is Rng faster then softresting,mming,and random encounters?
It's a lot faster, to say the least. You're guaranteed desired IVs, nature, gender, ability and shininess if you do it correctly.

Vandslaux
15th January 2012, 5:40 PM
so now i want to try out 4th gen. Could somebody help me find my SS/Pt SID via Pokecheck?

Ropav
15th January 2012, 5:46 PM
It's a lot faster, to say the least. You're guaranteed desired IVs, nature, gender, ability and shininess if you do it correctly.

ahh I see.how do you do it?

Too Funk to Druck
15th January 2012, 7:53 PM
ahh I see.how do you do it?

You follow the guides on here and on other sites, and then ask questions when you don't understand something.

Ropav
15th January 2012, 8:16 PM
You follow the guides on here and on other sites, and then ask questions when you don't understand something.

what if I don't understand any of it?

TDawg
15th January 2012, 8:35 PM

You can always search up videos.

Agonist
15th January 2012, 10:34 PM

Then check out some videos on YouTube, bearsfan092 has a few he's uploaded, and numerous other people have uploaded their own videos.

drothagreat0ne
15th January 2012, 11:42 PM
Continuing the Skyrim love, I hatched this lovely gal:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/633.gif
#633 Deino | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dark.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Hustle | Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Date: 01/15/2012 | Egg Hatched: Victory Road
Egg Moves: Dark Pulse | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

TDawg
16th January 2012, 1:19 AM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/610.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/611.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/612.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Adamant | Mold Breaker
31/31/31/29/31/31

I actually almost turned off the game because I thought it was normal.
I also heard somewhere that I should make one of my first egg RNGs a Smeargle, so..

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/evo/235.png
Careful | Own Tempo
31/31/31/31/31/31

Totally missed this. Congrats Vandslaux!

Got this Shiny Beast!

http://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/245.png
#245 Suicune | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/diveball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Date: 07/27/2011 | Caught: Route 25 | Met at Lvl. 40
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31 | Hidden Power: Electric 70
Move(s): Rain Dance | Gust | Aurora Beam | Mist

Agonist
16th January 2012, 1:32 AM
Dive Ball is overdone, but it still looks fantastic. Great job!

Too Funk to Druck
16th January 2012, 1:34 AM
Totally missed this. Congrats Vandslaux!

Got this Shiny Beast!

http://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/245.png
#245 Suicune | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/diveball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Date: 07/27/2011 | Caught: Route 38 | Met at Lvl. 40
Move(s): Rain Dance | Gust | Aurora Beam | Mist

Nice. Did you RNG your TID/SID, or were you just lucky? Also, is that route right?

TDawg
16th January 2012, 1:38 AM
Dive Ball is overdone, but it still looks fantastic. Great job!

Thanks. I know, but I didn't see any other ball that matched it.

Nice. Did you RNG your TID/SID, or were you just lucky? Also, is that route right?

I RNGed my ID/SID :p And nope! I fixed it though :P

Agonist
16th January 2012, 1:47 AM
Actually, Great Ball matches pretty well, since it has red eyes.

TDawg
16th January 2012, 1:50 AM
Actually, Great Ball matches pretty well, since it has red eyes.

Yeah, but it is more of a royal blue as the Suicune is lighter lol.

Agonist
16th January 2012, 2:00 AM
It matches it's mane thing, but at any rate, it's up to you, and it still looks fantastic in a dive ball. Anyway, I learned shaking spot/dust spot abuse, so time to get me some Excadrill's.

Yay post 2200

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 2:02 AM
OK, I'm getting irritated. Every time I try and find my SSF, I get something about 10 frames off. Usually, it's about 4-5. Is 10 close enough to be worth testing for my SSF? Or how close is "close"?

TDawg
16th January 2012, 2:19 AM
It matches it's mane thing, but at any rate, it's up to you, and it still looks fantastic in a dive ball. Anyway, I learned shaking spot/dust spot abuse, so time to get me some Excadrill's.

Yay post 2200

Ah true. Awesome, Excadrill is great.

OK, I'm getting irritated. Every time I try and find my SSF, I get something about 10 frames off. Usually, it's about 4-5. Is 10 close enough to be worth testing for my SSF? Or how close is "close"?

10 probably means you're not hitting your seed. Keep trying. Close is like 4-5 like you said.

Too Funk to Druck
16th January 2012, 2:31 AM
And everyone should thank STUD, since he fixed all the problems in the OP about DSi/3DS and Standard Seeds. Hopefully, there won't be as much confusion.

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 2:46 AM
Yay, I'm trading a shiny custom hexflawless Chatot (they didn't want anything, but they said it'd be nice) for a hexflawless Jap. Ditto after they give me it to breed for it.

TDawg
16th January 2012, 2:54 AM
Yay, I'm trading a shiny custom hexflawless Chatot (they didn't want anything, but they said it'd be nice) for a hexflawless Jap. Ditto after they give me it to breed for it.

Good for you!^.^ I think AromaFlora still hands them out for free. That's how I got mine.

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 2:57 AM
So is a Jap. flawless Ditto with a good parent the only reasonable way of breeding hexflawless shinies, aside from RNGing your IDs?

TDawg
16th January 2012, 3:01 AM
So is a Jap. flawless Ditto with a good parent the only reasonable way of breeding hexflawless shinies, aside from RNGing your IDs?

No. You could RNG shinies with a foreign parent if you wanted, and your parents only 3 flawless stats. Only reason to RNG your ID/SID combo is to have a cool number like The Agonist (smogon name since I can't ever remember your name on here) has. Or too hit crazy low seeds for a wild/legendary shiny.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
16th January 2012, 3:08 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/004.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/483.gif
|#483|Dialga|Modest|Pressure|31|2|31|31|31|31|
|Dragonbreath|Scary Face|
|Received at Sinjoh Ruins|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/145.gif

|#145|Zapdos|Timid|Pressure|31|22|30|31|31|31|Ice 70|
|Ancientpower|Charge|Agility|Discharge|
|Caught at Route 10|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/146.gif

|#146|Moltres|Timid|Pressure|31|2|31|30|31|31|Gras s 70|
|Ancientpower|Flamethrower|Safeguard|Air Slash|
|Caught at Mt. Silver|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/498.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/245.gif

|#245|Suicune|Modest|Pressure|31|2|31|30|31|31|Gra ss 70|
|Rain Dance|Gust|Aurora Beam|Mist|
|Caught at Route 25|

Too Funk to Druck
16th January 2012, 3:08 AM

Only thing using a Japanese flawless Ditto does is make it easier to find breeding seeds, since finding breeding seeds is ridiculously easy in the first place. Of course, it's useless if you want egg moves or a DW ability.

I'll be doing some RNGing soon. I had to do a bunch of applications this week, so I had no time whatsoever. <.<

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 3:12 AM
..Which would make finding shiny HP seeds ridiculously easy. I generally have trouble finding them.

And nice RNGs. You're going to teach the Zapdos Heat Wave before sending it over.. right?

TDawg
16th January 2012, 3:31 AM
..Which would make finding shiny HP seeds ridiculously easy. I generally have trouble finding them.

And nice RNGs. You're going to teach the Zapdos Heat Wave before sending it over.. right?

RNG Capture a Ditto with the HP you want. That's what I did. Or RNG a non-shiny one then use that as a parent to RNG the shiny one.

Agonist
16th January 2012, 3:39 AM
No. You could RNG shinies with a foreign parent if you wanted, and your parents only 3 flawless stats. Only reason to RNG your ID/SID combo is to have a cool number like The Agonist (smogon name since I can't ever remember your name on here) has. Or too hit crazy low seeds for a wild/legendary shiny.

Heh, yep, my TID is 00001, and I got a shiny HP Rock A0 shiny seed that requires 2 Chatot flips. Plus those seeds I used on those fossils a page or two back

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
16th January 2012, 3:53 AM
Just posting to express my disgust towards the miserably low catch rate in the 4th generation.

There's a reason "critical captures" exist in generation 5 now.

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 5:02 AM
So what do for fishing RNG? Just hit my seed, use rod? I happen to need a Horsea for Hydro Pump and DD.

TDawg
16th January 2012, 5:08 AM
So what do for fishing RNG? Just hit my seed, use rod? I happen to need a Horsea for Hydro Pump and DD.

I don't think it's predictable. Just breed it, unless you wanted it in a specific ball.

Vandslaux
16th January 2012, 5:09 AM
I'll just breed it, it's for egg move purposes anyway, for a shiny Moxie MixMence.

Scorch5688
16th January 2012, 3:45 PM

Yay post 2200

So...how do you RNG shaking spots and swirling clouds of dust? I'm assuming it works the same as well for surfing spots?

rovert
16th January 2012, 4:46 PM
I decided to try RNG a few days ago and I got most of it down. I can't do eggs yet, but I am not worried about them right now. My issue now is I can get the right IVs or the right nature/shininess but not both. If someone could help explain how to get the both, that would be very helpful :3

Killer_Flygon
16th January 2012, 5:01 PM
I have RNG'd alot of Pokemon at my time but these are my finest prizes. Blood, sweat and tears went to each one and at the end of the day it was all worth it. BTW, Entralink can go suck it for all I care.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/128.gifhttp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/795/repeatsp7.png
#331 Tauros [T.Bullock or B.S.]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Sheer Force | Type: Normal
Capture Date: 12/31/2011
Hidden Power: N/A
IV: 31/31/31/26/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 10
Moves: Tail Whip | Rage | Horn Attack | Rock Climb

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/236.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/106.gifhttp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/795/repeatsp7.png
#236. Tyrogue
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Vital Spirit | Type: Fighting
Moves: Helping Hand | Foresight | Fake Out | Mach Punch

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/296.gifhttp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7678/ultrart4.png
#296 Makuhita [Fat Girl]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Sheer Force | Type: Fighting
Capture Date: 12/31/2011 (11:54 PM)
Moves: Sand Attack | Arm Thrust | Vital Throw | Ice Punch

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/359.gifhttp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3250/premiergc1.png
#359 Absol (H.Keine or Abby)
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Justified | Type: Dark
Capture Date: 4/27/2011 (4:57 AM)
Moves: Feint | Leer | Taunt | Superpower

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/371.gifhttp://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8526/greatpa2.png
#371 Bagon (DeLorean)
Nature: Naive | Ability: Sheer Force | Type: Dragon
In-Game Capture Date: 1/1/2014
Real-Life Capture Date: 1/9/2012 (11:05 PM)
Hidden Power: Dark 70
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Rage | Bite | Leer | Outrage

Tarro57
16th January 2012, 5:06 PM
I have RNG'd alot of Pokemon at my time but these are my finest prizes. Blood, sweat and tears went to each one and at the end of the day it was all worth it. BTW, Entralink can go suck it for all I care.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/128.gifhttp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/795/repeatsp7.png

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/236.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/106.gifhttp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/795/repeatsp7.png
#236. Tyrogue

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/296.gifhttp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7678/ultrart4.png
#296 Makuhita [Fat Girl]

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/359.gifhttp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3250/premiergc1.png

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/371.gifhttp://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8526/greatpa2.png
#371 Bagon (DeLorean)

Show off! jk

Those are awesome! Hope to see more things like this from you! if you do do more of these, Good Luck!

Master X
16th January 2012, 6:11 PM
Can someone RNG me 5 4th gen pokemon? I need them for a 4th game so if you can, it would be for my Heart Gold game.

Agonist
16th January 2012, 7:08 PM
I'll just breed it, it's for egg move purposes anyway, for a shiny Moxie MixMence.

Pokemon you find fishing have encounter slots as well.

So...how do you RNG shaking spots and swirling clouds of dust? I'm assuming it works the same as well for surfing spots?

You have to hit your seed, run around until you find a spot, then encounter. For tha reason it works best if you're using a IV Frame of 2 to 5.

#236. Tyrogue

#296 Makuhita [Fat Girl]

#371 Bagon (DeLorean)

Would you happen to be Gothic Togekiss on smogon?

The Eleventh
16th January 2012, 7:10 PM
Those are brilliant Entralink RNGs, Killer_Flygon. I'm scouring the Dream World in search of a female Ice Punch Mawile so that I can RNG in it Entree Forest at the moment. I'd also really like an Unburden Hitmonlee, but I lack sufficient points to encounter Tyrogue. :/

Killer_Flygon
16th January 2012, 9:31 PM
Would you happen to be Gothic Togekiss on smogon?Yes I am. Still working hard to snag a Jolly DW Taruos at the moment now.

Those are brilliant Entralink RNGs, Killer_Flygon. I'm scouring the Dream World in search of a female Ice Punch Mawile so that I can RNG in it Entree Forest at the moment. I'd also really like an Unburden Hitmonlee, but I lack sufficient points to encounter Tyrogue. :/I hope you find that Mawile soon. Dream World's random crap can be a real pain at times.

Master X
16th January 2012, 10:53 PM
Can anyone help me? I don't have much to give away. I just need five pokemon.

TDawg
16th January 2012, 11:56 PM
Can anyone help me? I don't have much to give away. I just need five pokemon.

Try the trade threads? This isn't really one. But I always get shunned for saying that -_-

MaxTheAzn
17th January 2012, 12:08 AM
Can anyone rng some pokes I can reward well check my trade shop

Agonist
17th January 2012, 12:10 AM
This isn't a request thread, stop asking for people to rng pokemon for you

Too Funk to Druck
17th January 2012, 12:11 AM
Try the trade threads? This isn't really one. But I always get shunned for saying that -_-

Eh, I agree with you at least. It'd be nice if there was an RNG request thread or something, but that's not quite feasible.

drothagreat0ne
17th January 2012, 12:22 AM
Eh, I agree with you at least. It'd be nice if there was an RNG request thread or something, but that's not quite feasible.

If this were to ever pop up I wouldn't mind contributing.

Agonist
17th January 2012, 1:15 AM
Nor would I, but at the same time, as fifth gen abuse is so easy (for the most part), there really is no reason not to learn rng abuse yourself.

metagrody6
17th January 2012, 2:56 AM
On rng reporter, how do I get time finder to show the ability/encounter slot and the IVs? I can't get it to do both.

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 2:58 AM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/371.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/372.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/373.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Naive | Ability: Sheer Force -> Overcoat -> Moxie
Received at: Route 3 | Hatched at: Route 3
Hidden Power: Dark 70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Known Moves: Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Rage

Also working on a Scraggy, will post results soon.

Too Funk to Druck
17th January 2012, 3:00 AM
On rng reporter, how do I get time finder to show the ability/encounter slot and the IVs? I can't get it to do both.

it doesn't show the IVs of Wild Pokemon, most likely because you should already know what you're getting.

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 3:06 AM
Also, how do you set up that characteristic thing for RNG Reporter? Apparently, I'm supposed to C+P something into Researcher? Finding my SSF is usually a pain in the ***.

TDawg
17th January 2012, 3:15 AM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/371.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/372.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/373.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Naive | Ability: Sheer Force -> Overcoat -> Moxie
Known Moves: Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Rage

Also working on a Scraggy, will post results soon.

That's awesome! I have been planning to do one for way too long. :/

metagrody6
17th January 2012, 3:27 AM
I'm confused. Once you find a seed for IVs you want, how do you find the PID frames (nature/ability) for that seed?

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 3:27 AM
If it wasn't bred, I would love oh-so-much to put it in SOMETHING other than a normal Poke Ball, like a Nest Ball.

Too Funk to Druck
17th January 2012, 3:29 AM
Also, how do you set up that characteristic thing for RNG Reporter? Apparently, I'm supposed to C+P something into Researcher? Finding my SSF is usually a pain in the ***.

All you need to do is copy your seed into the main window, and do what you'd normally do if you were trying to find your SSF. Then you right-click on one of the results and choose 'display parents in search' or something like that, and input the IVs.

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 3:52 AM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/559.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/560.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Moxie
Known Moves: Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Fake Out

Was pretty tough to find my SSF, so I took a wild guess at it and guessed it on the first try XD

I've kind of noticed that I only really need to guess +4, +5, and +6. Possibly +7.

TDawg
17th January 2012, 5:20 AM
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/272.png
#272 Ludicolo (UT @ Lv. 15 | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/water.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/grass.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | HeartGold RNG (Non-Redis)
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Swift Swim | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 01/01/2011 | Hatched: Goldenrod City | Met at Lvl. 1
Move(s): Drain Punch | Ice Punch | Seed Bomb | Thunderpunch

Did this as a BP for foxyman. Pretty awesome. The first 3 were set moves to put on there, but Thunderpunch for a BoltBeam combo I guess.

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 5:33 AM
Nice, I think he'll like it.

Also, thinking of attempting 4th gen again. What are the important stuff to remember for DPt abuse? Hitting a specific delay seems pretty intimidating, 60 times a second :/. Already know about Journal Flipping, and verifying seed with Coin Flip, what's it that I need one page of? A wild pokemon?

Seems like it was orientated as an SD Ludicolo.

Also, is it worth it to make anything bar semi-bulky mixed attackers and breeds hexflawless?

MSK
17th January 2012, 6:19 AM
I love an early morning RNG :)

Just did 2x Poliwag both Shiny flawless, one Adamant for a Poliwrath & one Modest for a Drizzle Toed.
Hit the Modest one 2nd time, Adamant took about 10 goes.

I want to post in the format eveyone else does but whenever I try to go on the pokecheck site for the sprites it crashes my internet :(

Vandslaux
17th January 2012, 6:22 AM
Does having anything in the daycare affect the PIDRNG? I'm trying to RNG Victini, and I keep hitting my seed (I keep going into the game at :25, my target time is :26 and I can see/hear the click as the menu fades). I keep getting a Quiet Likes to Fight Victini. I heard somewhere that it does, though I could be mixing it up with the IVRNG. Could also be my 3 keypresses.

And I use Serebii for sprites.

TDawg
17th January 2012, 6:35 AM
I love an early morning RNG :)

Just did 2x Poliwag both Shiny flawless, one Adamant for a Poliwrath & one Modest for a Drizzle Toed.
Hit the Modest one 2nd time, Adamant took about 10 goes.

I want to post in the format eveyone else does but whenever I try to go on the pokecheck site for the sprites it crashes my internet :(

Just click quote on someone's RNG post with the moving sprites, then copy it and then paste it into your own post. All you have to do is change the number in the link to whatever your Pokemon's dex number is. Pokecheck's sprite page crashes on me as well so that's what I did.

Too Funk to Druck
17th January 2012, 12:27 PM
Does having anything in the daycare affect the PIDRNG? I'm trying to RNG Victini, and I keep hitting my seed (I keep going into the game at :25, my target time is :26 and I can see/hear the click as the menu fades). I keep getting a Quiet Likes to Fight Victini. I heard somewhere that it does, though I could be mixing it up with the IVRNG. Could also be my 3 keypresses.

Not at all. I almost always have something in the daycare, and it never messes up.

The PIDRNG and the IVRNG are the same, assuming you're trying to get a wondercard.

drothagreat0ne
17th January 2012, 6:03 PM

I don't know if this still applies, but when I first learned egg RNG, I was confused as hell. The reason: Power Items. They were throwing me off. When I finally took it off, I would hit my seed every time. Perhaps that could be the case?

TDawg
17th January 2012, 7:19 PM
I don't know if this still applies, but when I first learned egg RNG, I was confused as hell. The reason: Power Items. They were throwing me off. When I finally took it off, I would hit my seed every time. Perhaps that could be the case?

That doesn't really apply since he's RNGing the Victini event..

Agonist
17th January 2012, 8:17 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/545.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Swarm
31 | 31 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31
Poison Tail | Protect | Pursuit | Screech
UT as Venipede

The ball doesn't match very well, but I couldn't think of what ball would match better. Any ideas?

TDawg
17th January 2012, 8:33 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/545.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Swarm
31 | 31 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31
Poison Tail | Protect | Pursuit | Screech
UT as Venipede

The ball doesn't match very well, but I couldn't think of what ball would match better. Any ideas?

Too bad you can't use a Cherish Ball. Repeat Ball could work. As well as a Premier Ball. Looks good with the Luxury Ball anyways, great job.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
18th January 2012, 6:12 AM
Roamer RNGs using post elite four method.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/243.gif
|#243|Raikou|Timid|Pressure|31|22|30|31|31|31|Ice 70|
|Roar|Quick Attack|Spark|Reflect|
|Caught at Route 32|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/380.gif

|#380|Latias|Timid|Levitate|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Dragonbreath|Water Sport|Refresh|Mist Ball|
|Caught at Route 24|

Caught the Latias on this year's upcoming Valentines Day if anyone questions the ball choice.

TDawg
18th January 2012, 7:31 AM
Roamer RNGs using post elite four method.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/243.gif
|#243|Raikou|Timid|Pressure|31|22|30|31|31|31|Ice 70|
|Roar|Quick Attack|Spark|Reflect|
|Caught at Route 32|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/380.gif

|#380|Latias|Timid|Levitate|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Dragonbreath|Water Sport|Refresh|Mist Ball|
|Caught at Route 24|

Caught the Latias on this year's upcoming Valentines Day if anyone questions the ball choice.

I like the Latias a lot. Good choice in the ball.

EDIT: New guy. I feel like a lot of people have used Nest Ball. I thought about friend ball but it was way to darker when I threw the ball at him. Dusk just seemed right with them both being green, and the red line is like the shiny star lol (I am thinking way too hard). I will get him in a Nest ball next time. lol. Just used my Suicune seed so he doesn't have a perfect SpA stat.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/150.png
#150 Mewtwo | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/psychic.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/duskball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Date: 05/27/2011 (My B-Day!:D)| Caught: Cerulean Cave | Met at Lvl. 70
Move(s): Trick | Amnesia | Power Swap | Guard Swap

drothagreat0ne
18th January 2012, 4:07 PM
Guys, which Pokemon would you consider the most anti-establishment? I want to RNG one for my support against SOPA and PIPA.

Scorch5688
18th January 2012, 5:49 PM
Just wanted to show a couple of my RNGs. I've been doing a lot of captures, it's pretty much my specialty. :D

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/538.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#538|Throh|Careful|Guts|31|31|31|10|31|31|Electri c 70|
|Revenge|Storm Throw|Body Slam|Bulk Up|
|Route 10|Met at Lv. 33|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/207.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#207|Gligar|Adamant|Sand Veil|31|31|31|30|31|31|Electric 70|
|Slash|Swords Dance|U-turn|X-Scissor|
|Route 15|Met at Lv. 47|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/426.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#426|Drifblim|Modest|Unburden|31|9|31|31|31|31|Da rk 68|
|Swallow|Spit Up|Ominous Wind|Baton Pass|
|Giant Chasm|Met at Lv. 49|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/200.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#200|Misdreavus|Timid|Levitate|31|19|31|31|31|31| Dark 70|
|Pain Split|Payback|Shadow Ball|Perish Song|
|Abundant Shrine|Met at Lv. 48|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/011.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/607.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#607|Litwick|Modest|Flash Fire|31|31|30|30|30|30|Fighting 70|
|Night Shade|Will-O-Wisp|Flame Burst|Imprison|
|Celestial Tower|Met at Lv. 26|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/615.gif
|#615|Cryogonal|Calm|Levitate|31|3|31|31|31|31|Dar k 70|
|Mist|Haze|Aurora Beam|Acid Armor|
|Twist Mountain|Met at Lv. 31|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/494.gif
|#494|Victini|Jolly|Victory Star|31|31|31|19|31|31|Dark 70|
|V-create|Fusion Flare|Fusion Bolt|Searing Shot|
|Wi-Fi Gift|Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50|

This one I kinda found by accident. I was trying to RNG a shiny HP Ground 70 Venomoth which can only be found in the dark grass at the Dreamyard. After a few hours of hitting or missing seeds, and overshooting or coming up short on Chatot flips based on WNPC frame advancements, I hit my target and indeed I encountered my Venomoth just like RNG Reporter said I would. Too bad its double battle partner decided to steal the frame instead...

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/517.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#517|Munna|Modest|Synchronize|31|22|31|30|30|31|G round 70|
|Psychic|Dream Eater|Telekinesis|Stored Power|
|Dreamyard|Met at Lv. 48|

Thanks to Advent for the format by the way. :p

drothagreat0ne
18th January 2012, 6:57 PM
Great job with the RNG, guys. After thinking for a bit, I think this critter best fits what I was looking for in the SOPA/PIPA ordeal. I'm definitely going to use it. Here it is:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/052.gif
#52 Meowth | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/normal.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Technician | Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Date: 01/18/2012 | Egg Hatched: Castelia City
Hidden Power: Electric | IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

TDawg
18th January 2012, 6:59 PM
Just wanted to show a couple of my RNGs. I've been doing a lot of captures, it's pretty much my specialty. :D

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/538.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#538|Throh|Careful|Guts|31|31|31|10|31|31|Electri c 70|
|Revenge|Storm Throw|Body Slam|Bulk Up|
|Route 10|Met at Lv. 33|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/207.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#207|Gligar|Adamant|Sand Veil|31|31|31|30|31|31|Electric 70|
|Slash|Swords Dance|U-turn|X-Scissor|
|Route 15|Met at Lv. 47|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/426.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#426|Drifblim|Modest|Unburden|31|9|31|31|31|31|Da rk 68|
|Swallow|Spit Up|Ominous Wind|Baton Pass|
|Giant Chasm|Met at Lv. 49|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/013.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/200.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#200|Misdreavus|Timid|Levitate|31|19|31|31|31|31| Dark 70|
|Pain Split|Payback|Shadow Ball|Perish Song|
|Abundant Shrine|Met at Lv. 48|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/011.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/607.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#607|Litwick|Modest|Flash Fire|31|31|30|30|30|30|Fighting 70|
|Night Shade|Will-O-Wisp|Flame Burst|Imprison|
|Celestial Tower|Met at Lv. 26|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/615.gif
|#615|Cryogonal|Calm|Levitate|31|3|31|31|31|31|Dar k 70|
|Mist|Haze|Aurora Beam|Acid Armor|
|Twist Mountain|Met at Lv. 31|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/494.gif
|#494|Victini|Jolly|Victory Star|31|31|31|19|31|31|Dark 70|
|V-create|Fusion Flare|Fusion Bolt|Searing Shot|
|Wi-Fi Gift|Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50|

This one I kinda found by accident. I was trying to RNG a shiny HP Ground 70 Venomoth which can only be found in the dark grass at the Dreamyard. After a few hours of hitting or missing seeds, and overshooting or coming up short on Chatot flips based on WNPC frame advancements, I hit my target and indeed I encountered my Venomoth just like RNG Reporter said I would. Too bad its double battle partner decided to steal the frame instead...

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/517.gif http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
|#517|Munna|Modest|Synchronize|31|22|31|30|30|31|G round 70|
|Psychic|Dream Eater|Telekinesis|Stored Power|
|Dreamyard|Met at Lv. 48|

Thanks to Advent for the format by the way. :p

Whoa Scorch you have gotten pretty good. ^^ Good Job

Dro nice meowth :3. I have been thinking of RNGing one recently.

kaorusquee
18th January 2012, 8:11 PM
Out of curiosity, what are SOPA and PIPA? I don't remember hearing those acronyms before.

The Eleventh
18th January 2012, 8:18 PM
Out of curiosity, what are SOPA and PIPA? I don't remember hearing those acronyms before.
SOPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act) and PIPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIPA).

Basically, they're bad. Wikipedia has hidden all its pages, except for a select few, in protest of SOPA today.

Too Funk to Druck
18th January 2012, 10:47 PM
Bleh

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/144.gif★
#144 Articuno | NN: None | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~♦ | ID: 44751
Calm | Caught: 6/20/2012 | Route 205
Type: Ice/Flying | Ability: Pressure
Agility | Ice Beam | Reflect | Roost
31/31/31/31/31/31

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/145.gif★
#145 Zapdos | NN: None | Gender: N/A
Timid | Caught: 3/30/2012 | Route 205
Type:Electric/Flying | Ability: Pressure
Agility | Charge | Discharge | Roost
31/22/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice 70

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/146.gif★
#146 Moltres | NN: None | Gender: N/A
Timid | Caught: 3/31/2012 | Route 202
Type:Fire/Flying | Ability: Pressure
Flamethrower | Safeguard | Air Slash | Roost
31/26/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass

Too lazy to make comments for all three, so I'm just gonna say that they're all in Timer Balls because I didn't feel like dealing with them Struggling to death. The first two dates are my graduation date and birthday, respectively, while the last one was supposed to be my eighteenth birthday, but the date rolled over.

Since I'm too lazy to get Heatran right now, I'm planning on RNGing my TID/SID on HeartGold. What's a good spread to go for though?

TDawg
18th January 2012, 10:51 PM
Good catches TFTD. A Jolly seed for Ho-Oh would be awesome.

Too Funk to Druck
18th January 2012, 10:55 PM
Good catches TFTD. A Jolly seed for Ho-Oh would be awesome.

Any other Pokemon it'd be good for?

TDawg
18th January 2012, 11:04 PM
Any other Pokemon it'd be good for?

Some wild pokemon like Houndour, Diglett, Meowth, Bellsprout, Zubat, and more.

Agonist
18th January 2012, 11:06 PM
Shiny HP Grass / Ice wouldn't be bad. Can catch Zapdos, and Moltres with it, as well as various other wild pokemon.

TDawg
18th January 2012, 11:08 PM
Shiny HP Grass / Ice wouldn't be bad. Can catch Zapdos, and Moltres with it, as well as various other wild pokemon.

Oh that's a good one, but Zapdos, and Moltres' shinies are so bleh. At least in my opinion.

Vandslaux
18th January 2012, 11:30 PM
Same here, thinking of RNGing my SS TID/SID. Just had a thought with a Drag2Mag team, so I want Latios. (Drag2Mag = Mag + Duggy, right? Then just pummel them with Dragon spam with no Steels?

Wade3
19th January 2012, 12:23 AM
I want to start learning how to RNG, and i was wondering what way is the easiest ex. eggs, random encounters etc. also what game i should try on first Diamond or Black. Thanks!! (:

Too Funk to Druck
19th January 2012, 12:38 AM
I want to start learning how to RNG, and i was wondering what way is the easiest ex. eggs, random encounters etc. also what game i should try on first Diamond or Black. Thanks!! (:

Black random encounters are the easiest to learn. It doesn't really matter what you start with of you're determined enough to learn though.

kaorusquee
19th January 2012, 12:56 AM
Okay, I want to go back and RNG some of the legendaries from fourth gen, and I'm going to need some help. How does Soul Silver differ from Platinum in Rng-ing? Also, how do you RNG stationary pokemon vs. ones that roam around. Do I use the same software from 5th gen?

TDawg
19th January 2012, 4:05 AM
45 turns of hell. Well at least he gave in. 7036 delay is just way too long though, but only seed that had a reasonable frame.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/145.png
#145 Zapdos | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/electric.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/flying.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/fastball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Route 10 | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Grass 70
Move(s): Tailwind | Heat Wave | Roost | Discharge

drothagreat0ne
19th January 2012, 4:31 AM
If anyone who owns a Mac and has done Entralink RNG can steer me in the right direction, I will truly appreciate it.

Nice Zapdos, TDawg!

kaorusquee
19th January 2012, 5:32 AM
Looking to RNG Latias on my Soul Silver, but Java is protesting SOPA today by not having the javarng link work. And Pokerng was flawed. Can anyone help me out on what to use/ do in this scenario?

TDawg
19th January 2012, 5:48 AM
Looking to RNG Latias on my Soul Silver, but Java is protesting SOPA today by not having the javarng link work. And Pokerng was flawed. Can anyone help me out on what to use/ do in this scenario?

Flawed? How so? And generate seeds with time finder then.

kaorusquee
19th January 2012, 6:23 AM
It was saying it couldn't run on windows and that something was corrupt, or some such thing.
And I tried that, but I think I was doing it wrong, cuz it didn't seem to find anything.

TDawg
19th January 2012, 6:57 AM
It was saying it couldn't run on windows and that something was corrupt, or some such thing.
And I tried that, but I think I was doing it wrong, cuz it didn't seem to find anything.

That's odd because mine runs fine. You downloaded all the .dll and put them in the same folder?

kaorusquee
19th January 2012, 7:45 AM
Yup. I guess it just doesn't like me very much.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried again this morning and got pokerng to download successfully. So, now I need help understanding what it has given me.
It says: PID FB81F306 Seed D6170EAD Delay 3745

So, what do I do now?

The Eleventh
19th January 2012, 6:54 PM
Yup. I guess it just doesn't like me very much.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried again this morning and got pokerng to download successfully. So, now I need help understanding what it has given me.
It says: PID FB81F306 Seed D6170EAD Delay 3745

So, what do I do now?
Find the seed in RNG Reporter. Narrow down the Time Finder search options to exactly what you found using PokéRNG. Set min/max delay to 3745, enter the frame you got, and search your IVs. You should find your seed with in a matter of seconds. Then do as you'd normally do with Gen IV RNGing (Generate More Times, etc.).

TDawg
19th January 2012, 7:01 PM
Find the seed in RNG Reporter. Narrow down the Time Finder search options to exactly what you found using PokéRNG. Set min/max delay to 3745, enter the frame you got, and search your IVs. You should find your seed with in a matter of seconds. Then do as you'd normally do with Gen IV RNGing (Generate More Times, etc.).

You don't even have to do this. Well at least I don't. Just copy the seed from PokeRNG and put it the main page as well as Seed to Time and RNG normally.

kaorusquee
19th January 2012, 8:51 PM
Okay, next question: is Enigma Stone Latias a Method K, or a Method 1?

TDawg
19th January 2012, 8:55 PM
Okay, next question: is Enigma Stone Latias a Method K, or a Method 1?

Should be Method K as it's stationary.

Agonist
19th January 2012, 8:56 PM
45 turns of hell. Well at least he gave in. 7036 delay is just way too long though, but only seed that had a reasonable frame.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/145.png
#145 Zapdos | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/electric.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/type/flying.gif | - | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/fastball.png | SoulSilver RNG (Non-Redis)
Date: 01/01/2011 | Caught: Route 10 | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Grass 70
Move(s): Tailwind | Heat Wave | Roost | Discharge

Just figured I'd point out that the ivs you listed are HP Fire :p anyway, great job!

TDawg
19th January 2012, 9:00 PM
Just figured I'd point out that the ivs you listed are HP Fire :p anyway, great job!

Lol really? *checking* Oh it has a speed of 31 :p Thanks!