PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Vandslaux
5th February 2012, 10:28 PM
Like, do I only need to know down to the second?

Killer_Flygon
5th February 2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah though it usually around the same time the first timer shows.

Agonist
6th February 2012, 3:29 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/587.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Static
30 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 31 {Flying 70}
Spark | Pursuit | Double Team | Shock Wave
UT @ Lv. 25

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/587.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Static
31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Spark | Pursuit | Double Team | Shock Wave
UT @ Lv. 25

Some shaking spot abuses. Also, Emolga is ****ing adorable.

Froggy
6th February 2012, 3:38 AM
Agonist, I see you're still RNGing with that ID.
How can you RNG shaking spots?
Planning on doing a RNG for a giveaway. Not sure what to do exactly.

dewey911p
6th February 2012, 7:29 AM
well after a bit of a rough start i finally finished with the Musketeers:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/640.png
#640 Virizion | Grass/Fighting | Genderless | Heal Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Justified | Hidden Power: Rock (70)
Date: 11/13/2011 | Captured: Rumination Field | Met at Lvl. 42
IVs: 31/31/30/31/30/30 | Egg Move(s):

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/639.png
#639 Terrakion | Rock/Fighting | Genderless | Poké Ball
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Justified | Hidden Power: Electric (70)
Date: 4/18/2012 | Captured: Trial Chamber | Met at Lvl. 42
IVs: 31/31/31/14/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/638.png
#638 Cobalion | Steel/Fighting | Genderless | Dive Ball
Date: 4/18/2012 | Captured: Guidance Chamber | Met at Lvl. 42

Cobalion was my first non-egg, non-event RNG and it took me about a week to nail the little SOB with the Right IVs and shiny. Terrakion used the same seed but was much easier and Virizion was a pain b/c there is no grass in Rumination field so the PID didnt advance as i walked. Took me 894 chatot flips per try over 6 tries before i realized i only neeeded 893 chatot flips (there was enough cursing and swearing on my part to put the Navy to shame). Finally get my pink deer, paralyze him, get him down to about 3 HP and 60 Heal balls latter the little ... struggles himself to death. Round 2 goes more in my favor and i finally got my very own flawless shiny Musketeers! Now to use Virizions seed to nail me a Naive HP Rock Reshiram (i really wish Reshiram could be shiny, i love the purple and gold color scheme :()

Do you guys think 07050/46565 is a good enough combination for RNGing my roamer? Doing 900 chatot flips for Virizion only took me about 8-10 minutes so thats doable (not enjoyable, but doable) so do you guys think i will be able to find a seed for my roamer thats reasonable?

Agonist
6th February 2012, 5:30 PM
Agonist, I see you're still RNGing with that ID.
How can you RNG shaking spots?

Basically it's the same as regular abuse, you just have to walk around until you find a shaking spot / dust spot / whatever, then enter it. Generally I use a IV frame of three, that way I have 256 steps to find a spot, which is generally ample enough time, and I bring two pokemon with me, my sync, and a Smeargle.

MSK
6th February 2012, 5:38 PM
Ok so getting annoyed with Entralink RNG. I've been trying and trying to hit the correct delay, and finally thought I'd got it. Hit the correct one according to Reporter but the IV's don't match. Was supposed to be 31/30/31/31/31/31 however came out with 31/31/3/23/14/11 :(
So how do I check where these have come from? Have I hit the wrong frame? I was aiming for 21 and I run straight to Arceus.

dewey911p
6th February 2012, 5:54 PM
Ok so getting annoyed with Entralink RNG. I've been trying and trying to hit the correct delay, and finally thought I'd got it. Hit the correct one according to Reporter but the IV's don't match. Was supposed to be 31/30/31/31/31/31 however came out with 31/31/3/23/14/11 :(
So how do I check where these have come from? Have I hit the wrong frame? I was aiming for 21 and I run straight to Arceus.

most likely you were just a second or so off with you delay. Keep trying using those settings and eventually you should get the right IVs

MSK
6th February 2012, 6:08 PM
So how do I get the correct second if it's not the one it says it should be?

To give you all the details my Seed is DD6132C6, frame is 21, IV's are 31/30/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon 70.
Seed to Time gives me the following: Top line which I'm using 2012 04 26, 05:58:59, 3738
In the generated section after numerous tries hit the exact one it should be but as above IV's were off.
So where am I going wrong? Should I be trying a different option from the top list?

dewey911p
6th February 2012, 6:49 PM

To give you all the details my Seed is DD6132C6, frame is 21, IV's are 31/30/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon 70.
Seed to Time gives me the following: Top line which I'm using 2012 04 26, 05:58:59, 3738
In the generated section after numerous tries hit the exact one it should be but as above IV's were off.
So where am I going wrong? Should I be trying a different option from the top list?

No no, if RNG reporter says that you hit your seed then it means you were so close RNG reporter couldnt tell the difference. If you keep trying with that delay you should eventually hit you seed. The other possibility is that as you were walking towards Arceus you somehow advanced your IV frame, but that doesnt seem likely.

drothagreat0ne
6th February 2012, 6:57 PM

The way I go about it is this:

Once I find my seed and plug in the info in the Timer (in my case ZomgTimer), I do the initial delay three times. Usually I land 3-4 different delays within range from each other. I then take the medium of those and plug that into the timer and update it. It gives me new time that will get me closer to the delay I'm trying to hit. I do this a couple times till I'm consistently in the range of the IVs I'm aiming for. Then, I cross my fingers.

MSK
6th February 2012, 7:24 PM
Ok I think I get it, cos I've looked closer now at the string of IV's my delay should produce and what I got was actually the last 2 31's of what I wanted and then then next 4 IV's after that.
So is it just luck getting the 6 IV's you actually want? Is it just pure microseconds of hitting the button that moves these?

drothagreat0ne
6th February 2012, 7:32 PM
Ok I think I get it, cos I've looked closer now at the string of IV's my delay should produce and what I got was actually the last 2 31's of what I wanted and then then next 4 IV's after that.
So is it just luck getting the 6 IV's you actually want? Is it just pure microseconds of hitting the button that moves these?

It's the timing. I suggest activating the audio cues within EonTimer to make it easier for yourself.

MSK
6th February 2012, 7:43 PM
I've got the Audio cues on, I take it I'm missing by microseconds though :(
Very frustrating lol must be my old age slowing my reactions

foxyman1167
6th February 2012, 7:46 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/569.gif
#569 Garbador | NN: None | Gender: ♀
OT: James| ID: 08501
Sassy | Caught: 03/12/2012 | Route 9
Type: Poison | Ability: Stench
Sludge Bomb / Body Slam / Stockpile / Swallow
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30

RNG Tally:
Wild RNG: 5
Egg RNG: 3
Stationary RNG: 3

Anyone know if I can use the keyboard on Windows Vista to make a ♀ or just Google it and C+P?

Killer_Flygon
6th February 2012, 7:46 PM
It's the timing. I suggest activating the audio cues within EonTimer to make it easier for yourself.This, full stop. I use Audio cues because the visuals screw me up too much. I set it so it beeps five time before ending a timer then I countdown with them to help me even more.

TDawg
6th February 2012, 11:25 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/569.gif
#569 Garbador | NN: None | Gender: ♀
OT: James| ID: 08501
Sassy | Caught: 03/12/2012 | Route 9
Type: Poison | Ability: Stench
Sludge Bomb / Body Slam / Stockpile / Swallow
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30

RNG Tally:
Wild RNG: 5
Egg RNG: 3
Stationary RNG: 3

Anyone know if I can use the keyboard on Windows Vista to make a ♀ or just Google it and C+P?

Good job Foxy.

Alternately you could Google how to make the Gender thing from your keyboard :p

Killer_Flygon
7th February 2012, 11:31 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/056.gifhttp://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3250/premiergc1.png
#493 Mankey [Gekido]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender:
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Defiant | Type: Fighting
Capture Date: 2/7/2012 (Around 11:00 a.m)
Hidden Power: N/A
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 10
Moves: Leer | Focus Energy | Fury Swipes | Thunderpunch

Oh thank Arceus for this. Got him in one single hard reset.

jolteon135
8th February 2012, 3:30 AM
No no, if RNG reporter says that you hit your seed then it means you were so close RNG reporter couldnt tell the difference.
No it doesn't...you either hit your seed or you don't, there's no "so close it couldn't tell the difference."

You're asking us if you hit the wrong frame? Check it yourself. Just choose method 5 (c-gear) from the main window set the starting frame/max results to your min/max frames.

It's not up to "luck." That's the whole point of RNGing, to eliminate the need for luck.
You probably hit the wrong frame (go check and adjust your steps accordingly).

dewey911p
8th February 2012, 3:48 AM
No it doesn't...you either hit your seed or you don't, there's no "so close it couldn't tell the difference."

I meant for the delay for adjusting Eon Timer. When i tried entralink RNGing and my delay got down to a second difference, Eon Timer didnt change the delay time i needed to hit. I missed the seed, but the Delay i was suppose to hit didnt change. Bad wording on my part, sorry :/

MSK
8th February 2012, 5:08 AM

You're asking us if you hit the wrong frame? Check it yourself. Just choose method 5 (c-gear) from the main window set the starting frame/max results to your min/max frames.

It's not up to "luck." That's the whole point of RNGing, to eliminate the need for luck.
You probably hit the wrong frame (go check and adjust your steps accordingly).

I'm still struggling on this, I keep hitting the correct delay but the IV's are further down the string for this. So you are saying that this is probably the wrong frame. How do I bring up the results on the main window because I tried that and it tells me I need to enter the full seed but the Seed to Time window only gives me the partial seed? - Edit ok Don't Worry done it now, and it shows I'm hitting frame 25 instead of 21 so it's advancing 4 frames. What could be the cause of this? Do NPC's in the area where I warp to entralink affect it, or other Pokemon in the entralink I need to pick up. Or is it just that I'm walking too many steps to get to Arceus (I heard someone say the step count needs to be reset by getting into a battle before you start so maybe thats it as I do have 4 pokemon in my party)

I think I'm going to just stick to RNG Breeding if I can't manage it soon, at least I've perfected that. Just wanted to get that Arceus and the Male DW events RNG'd but heyho.

On another note, I heard somewhere that once you have your parameters for a game they will always be the same it's just the TID/SID combo that will change? Is this true. Just wanted to know so that I can RNG a ton of Wifi Mewtwo's when the event starts.

dewey911p
8th February 2012, 5:54 AM
On another note, I heard somewhere that once you have your parameters for a game they will always be the same it's just the TID/SID combo that will change? Is this true. Just wanted to know so that I can RNG a ton of Wifi Mewtwo's when the event starts.

yea thats true, your parameters dont chance. Thats why its possible to RNG you ID/SID combo.

TDawg
8th February 2012, 5:54 AM
I'm still struggling on this, I keep hitting the correct delay but the IV's are further down the string for this. So you are saying that this is probably the wrong frame. How do I bring up the results on the main window because I tried that and it tells me I need to enter the full seed but the Seed to Time window only gives me the partial seed? - Edit ok Don't Worry done it now, and it shows I'm hitting frame 25 instead of 21 so it's advancing 4 frames. What could be the cause of this? Do NPC's in the area where I warp to entralink affect it, or other Pokemon in the entralink I need to pick up. Or is it just that I'm walking too many steps to get to Arceus (I heard someone say the step count needs to be reset by getting into a battle before you start so maybe thats it as I do have 4 pokemon in my party)

I think I'm going to just stick to RNG Breeding if I can't manage it soon, at least I've perfected that. Just wanted to get that Arceus and the Male DW events RNG'd but heyho.

that'd be correct.

Yes that's correct as well. RNG a ton of them? There is really only one viable nature for Mewtwo and that is Timid. Just saying to save you time. Although you could RNG the ID/SID so that you can actually change the name of your Mewtwo.

dewey911p
8th February 2012, 6:03 AM
that'd be correct.

Yes that's correct as well. RNG a ton of them? There is really only one viable nature for Mewtwo and that is Timid. Just saying to save you time. Although you could RNG the ID/SID so that you can actually change the name of your Mewtwo.

Modest isnt a bad choice for Mewtwo either for those who like power over speed. Also, since Mewtwo has an insane base 130 speed your not really giving up much in that area either. That still only leaves you with 2 natures to RNG though, unless your going for different hidden powers, which Mewtwo doesnt really need IMO.

btw, did you guys see the new RNG trading thread? pretty cool idea that should make it easier for us to trade :)

TDawg
8th February 2012, 6:22 AM
Modest isnt a bad choice for Mewtwo either for those who like power over speed. Also, since Mewtwo has an insane base 130 speed your not really giving up much in that area either. That still only leaves you with 2 natures to RNG though, unless your going for different hidden powers, which Mewtwo doesnt really need IMO.

btw, did you guys see the new RNG trading thread? pretty cool idea that should make it easier for us to trade :)

Hmm not really the case. He NEEDS the speed so he can out speed Arceus, Skymin, and Darkrai who can otherwise OHKO and leaving him on the bench the whole game fearing those who oppose. So I still feel as if there is really only one nature to RNG him with.

mew92
8th February 2012, 2:58 PM
Tin Tower? Don't you mean Embedded Tower? lol

Anyway, I am having a little bit of trouble with RNGing a Jolly Flawless Tornadus on my Black Retail Cartridge. I've been experimenting with the Frame advancement, and have found a rather common seed that I am hitting. But there's a problem. I can't seem to find the frame that I am hitting when I search the PIDRNG. Most of my hits happen around frame 1650, but this one particular seed doesn't show up at all. Why would this happen? I know for a fact that I am hitting the Standard Seed, because the IV's Match up perfectly.

The seed I am hitting is Gentle w/ Alert to Sounds. But like I said, I can't find "Alert to Sounds" in the results at all.
im having the same proble please help :(

MSK
8th February 2012, 4:35 PM
that'd be correct.

Yeah I already have a Flawless Timid seed searched for it, just means I can RNG, restart, RNG again etc etc. That way I can get one for each copy I own plus a number of spares for trade purposes ;)

MSK
8th February 2012, 4:39 PM
Ok so gonna enter a battle then resave before I try this Entralink RNG again. Fingers crossed that'll sort it out.

Agonist
8th February 2012, 4:43 PM
Hmm not really the case. He NEEDS the speed so he can out speed Arceus, Skymin, and Darkrai who can otherwise OHKO and leaving him on the bench the whole game fearing those who oppose. So I still feel as if there is really only one nature to RNG him with.

Essentially this, although I'm going to do a Modest one anyway, since I have two carts.

Would Naive be useable, out of curiosity? I don't think it really has any worthwhile physical moves anymore...

dewey911p
8th February 2012, 5:12 PM
Tin Tower? Don't you mean Embedded Tower? lol

Anyway, I am having a little bit of trouble with RNGing a Jolly Flawless Tornadus on my Black Retail Cartridge. I've been experimenting with the Frame advancement, and have found a rather common seed that I am hitting. But there's a problem. I can't seem to find the frame that I am hitting when I search the PIDRNG. Most of my hits happen around frame 1650, but this one particular seed doesn't show up at all. Why would this happen? I know for a fact that I am hitting the Standard Seed, because the IV's Match up perfectly.

The seed I am hitting is Gentle w/ Alert to Sounds. But like I said, I can't find "Alert to Sounds" in the results at all.

im having the same proble please help :(

how are you advancing your IV frame? If you are walking on the ground and not on the grass or in a cave then your PID frame wont advance and it should be the starting PID frame RNG Reporter gives you. Make sure to go a few frames before what RNG reporter says to make sure you get your actual starting frame. RNG Reporter always gives me a starting frame 1 above my actual starting frame. Also, the characteristics seem to me to be an unreliable search method. Your better off RNGing the same pokemon and advancing the PID by one additional time each time (0 advancements, 1 advancements, 2 advancements, ect). this will give you a string of nature to search for in RNG Reporter and that will tell you what your starting PID frame is.

Essentially this, although I'm going to do a Modest one anyway, since I have two carts.

Would Naive be useable, out of curiosity? I don't think it really has any worthwhile physical moves anymore...

Mewtwo gets Earthquake, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge, Poison Jab, and Brick Break, but other then that he really has no viable physical moves. Also, a base 110 Atk stat isnt really up to par in the Uber environment, especially since he has a monstrous base 154 S.Atk. It would be a nice surprise to deal with Blissey and other Special walls that would be common switch-ins to Mewtwo, but personally i dont see it being worthwhile. But if you have a spare game cart and nothing to do, go fro it :)

someone traded me an rng'ed pokemon but when i went to wifi random battle it did not accept it :(

Might be hacked and not RNGed. Try posting in the hack check thread or use a third party legality checker to verify if its legit. Just because someone says its RNGed doesnt mean it is.

The Eleventh
8th February 2012, 5:42 PM
It would be a nice surprise to deal with Blissey and other Special walls that would be common switch-ins to Mewtwo, but personally i dont see it being worthwhile.
Mewtwo has Psyshock to do that now, though. Timid is really the only way to go.

MSK
8th February 2012, 5:56 PM
Does it matter how you get into the battle to reset the step count? I've just sweet scented fought and resaved so I'm going for it now.
But if I have to walk into a random battle then let me know so I don't waste any more time lol

The Eleventh
8th February 2012, 7:16 PM
Infernape has so many options.

http://i.imgur.com/2A1Mi.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Jolly | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
Fake Out | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Encore
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Naive | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Hasty | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Timid | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
Fake Out | Heat Wave | Encore
31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Electric}
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Timid | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice}
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Naive | Blaze | Fire | Pokémon League
31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice}

I didn't breed the Hasty one on purpose, but I decided to keep it anyway. I have a few RNGs that I really want to do, so I hope to get some done over the coming days.

MSK
8th February 2012, 7:40 PM
Still hitting frame 25 :(
I've done a sweet scent battle, and a normal battle. So what else can I do to reset the step count :(

Silvershark
8th February 2012, 8:05 PM
So I want to RNG my Movie Victini I downloaded the event for in December (late I know) to have flawless stats and a Naive nature. How would I got about doing that? Is there anything I have to do differently since it's an event to find the parameters or reaching the right frame since I have to collect it in a pokemon center? I've tried RNGing a few times before with no success, and usually just end up breeding for good pokemon, but that's not an option for Victini.

dewey911p
8th February 2012, 8:14 PM
So I want to RNG my Movie Victini I downloaded the event for in December (late I know) to have flawless stats and a Naive nature. How would I got about doing that? Is there anything I have to do differently since it's an event to find the parameters or reaching the right frame since I have to collect it in a pokemon center? I've tried RNGing a few times before with no success, and usually just end up breeding for good pokemon, but that's not an option for Victini.

Wondercard RNGs are really easy IMO. Go into time finder and under the capture tab select Wondercard (5th Gen). Input the IVs and nature you want in the respective fields and input your frames. The Min/Max frame are your PID frame so go with something like 50/200, or however many Chatot flips you feel like doing. you dont need to advance your IV frame any and if you find a PC with no WNPCs you wont have to worry about them advancing your PID frame either. The PC in the very first town is a really good one to use to RNG. Once you have your seed, record your chatter, save in front of the delivery man, set the DS clock to the right time and date, then load your game up and do the flips. thats all there is to it :)

Now i have a question as well. I've been RNGing the Unova legends and so far I've accomplished:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/646.png
#646 Kyurem | Dragon/Ice | Genderless | Net Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Pressure | Hidden Power: Fire (70)
Date: 5/24/2011 | Captured: Giant Chasm | Met at Lvl. 75
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | Egg Move(s):

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/643.png
#643 Reshiram | Dragon/Fire | Genderless | Great Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Turboblaze | Hidden Power: Rock (70)
Date: 11/13/2011 | Captured: N's Castle | Met at Lvl. 50

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/640.png
#640 Virizion | Grass/Fighting | Genderless | Heal Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Justified | Hidden Power: Rock (70)
Date: 11/13/2011 | Captured: Rumination Field | Met at Lvl. 42

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/639.png
#639 Terrakion | Rock/Fighting | Genderless | Poké Ball
Date: 4/18/2012 | Captured: Trial Chamber | Met at Lvl. 42

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/638.png
#638 Cobalion | Steel/Fighting | Genderless | Dive Ball
Date: 4/18/2012 | Captured: Guidance Chamber | Met at Lvl. 42

And of course this means i have only 2 left, one being my roamer. I have no clue on how to even start RNGing my roamer. I know this is going to be a bi*ch to do, but how do i start? If i remember reading this correctly, i need to use a specific method (Pandora's box, Method J, %6 or something like that?) I am lost as to where to even begin. I know my ID/SID combo isnt good (07050/46565) but im willing to do excessive amounts of Chatot flips if need be. I just need to know what to do first. Thanks guys :)

Silvershark
8th February 2012, 9:21 PM
Wondercard RNGs are really easy IMO. Go into time finder and under the capture tab select Wondercard (5th Gen). Input the IVs and nature you want in the respective fields and input your frames. The Min/Max frame are your PID frame so go with something like 50/200, or however many Chatot flips you feel like doing. you dont need to advance your IV frame any and if you find a PC with no WNPCs you wont have to worry about them advancing your PID frame either. The PC in the very first town is a really good one to use to RNG. Once you have your seed, record your chatter, save in front of the delivery man, set the DS clock to the right time and date, then load your game up and do the flips. thats all there is to it :)

Getting my seed is were I always have the problem. In the past, the times I got from seeds the RNG reporter gave me never worked; and now when I receive the Victini and record it's IV's for the sake of find a seed, the reporter doesn't come up with anything.

TDawg
8th February 2012, 10:18 PM
Getting my seed is were I always have the problem. In the past, the times I got from seeds the RNG reporter gave me never worked; and now when I receive the Victini and record it's IV's for the sake of find a seed, the reporter doesn't come up with anything.

Are you in a NPC infested area? That'll mess with you Reporter

Silvershark
8th February 2012, 10:28 PM
Are you in a NPC infested area? That'll mess with you Reporter

When I was trying to find a seed to set the parameters using Victini, I was in the Pokemon Center near the pokemon league since the only NPC's are the deliveryman, nurse, and shopkeepers, but they shouldn't affect it much since they never move. I tried taking a sweet scenter to a deserted part of Victory Road afterwards, but the reporter still wouldn't generate any seeds.

Vandslaux
8th February 2012, 10:36 PM
You're supposed to use a wild pokemon for parameters.

Silvershark
8th February 2012, 10:40 PM
You're supposed to use a wild pokemon for parameters.

That's what I figured, it just seemed easier to use the Victini. Besides, the wild pokemon aren't giving me any results either right now, that's the part of the problem.

dewey911p
9th February 2012, 12:41 AM
That's what I figured, it just seemed easier to use the Victini. Besides, the wild pokemon aren't giving me any results either right now, that's the part of the problem.

you need to sweet scent as soon as you start your game, not after walking around. Save on victory road then try and find your parameters with SS. that should work better then getting Victini then trying to find them

jolteon135
9th February 2012, 3:10 AM
Or is it just that I'm walking too many steps to get to Arceus (I heard someone say the step count needs to be reset by getting into a battle before you start so maybe thats it as I do have 4 pokemon in my party)
Yes that's it. Your step counter is saved at some number close to 128. To reset it you simply have to get into a battle and save afterwards. Go run around in some grass to get a battle then save and retry. If you can hit the correct delay it should be pretty easy. Only getting the right nature will give you a headache (assuming you're not using a flashcart/emulator).

MSK
9th February 2012, 5:01 AM
Yes that's it. Your step counter is saved at some number close to 128. To reset it you simply have to get into a battle and save afterwards. Go run around in some grass to get a battle then save and retry. If you can hit the correct delay it should be pretty easy. Only getting the right nature will give you a headache (assuming you're not using a flashcart/emulator).

Got into battle (1st just sweet scenting, then when that didn't work ran around) yet still hitting frame 25!!! So no idea what's wrong, I've just found a slightly worse seed on frame 25 and am using that now (only typically haven't been able to hit this one yet :(

jolteon135
9th February 2012, 5:11 AM
Got into battle (1st just sweet scenting, then when that didn't work ran around) yet still hitting frame 25!!! So no idea what's wrong, I've just found a slightly worse seed on frame 25 and am using that now (only typically haven't been able to hit this one yet :(

You didn't move after the battle, right? You should just save after the battle and do your entralink RNGing from whatever spot you saved at. You have to find some way to do less walking.

MSK
9th February 2012, 5:25 AM
As soon as battle finished I saved and then hit seed, cannot get to Arceus any quicker :(
Think I'm just gonna go with the frame 25 seed I've found, although this is frustrating me now I'm aiming for 5802 delay and this morning after 5 attempts I've hit 5801 3 times and 5803 twice :( my luck is clearly not in

jolteon135
9th February 2012, 5:37 AM
As soon as battle finished I saved and then hit seed, cannot get to Arceus any quicker :(
Think I'm just gonna go with the frame 25 seed I've found, although this is frustrating me now I'm aiming for 5802 delay and this morning after 5 attempts I've hit 5801 3 times and 5803 twice :( my luck is clearly not in

You have to change the year to change from odd to even delays (and vice versa). So basically if the year you've been setting the clock to is 2012, change it to 2013 instead (or 2011). I believe there's another way that has something to do with opening up the menu but I can't quite remember right now.

TDawg
9th February 2012, 5:49 AM
You have to change the year to change from odd to even delays (and vice versa). So basically if the year you've been setting the clock to is 2012, change it to 2013 instead (or 2011). I believe there's another way that has something to do with opening up the menu but I can't quite remember right now.

Are you sure that's the case with 5th Gen EL RNG? I sure as hell hit both even and odd delays when RNGing my Arceus.

Silvershark
9th February 2012, 6:21 AM
you need to sweet scent as soon as you start your game, not after walking around. Save on victory road then try and find your parameters with SS. that should work better then getting Victini then trying to find them

That's what I was doing. I wasn't getting Victini first then catching wild pokemon, I was hoping to use Victini instead. When that didn't work, I saved at Victory Road to use wild pokemon to find the parameters, but the reporter still didn't give me any results.

TDawg
9th February 2012, 6:55 AM
That's what I was doing. I wasn't getting Victini first then catching wild pokemon, I was hoping to use Victini instead. When that didn't work, I saved at Victory Road to use wild pokemon to find the parameters, but the reporter still didn't give me any results.

Okay post a screenshot please. You're not exactly helping by only stating it's not working.

The Eleventh
9th February 2012, 1:52 PM
And of course this means i have only 2 left, one being my roamer. I have no clue on how to even start RNGing my roamer. I know this is going to be a bi*ch to do, but how do i start? If i remember reading this correctly, i need to use a specific method (Pandora's box, Method J, %6 or something like that?) I am lost as to where to even begin. I know my ID/SID combo isnt good (07050/46565) but im willing to do excessive amounts of Chatot flips if need be. I just need to know what to do first. Thanks guys :)
You only have to use Pandora's Box if you want to RNG your ID/SID, which is only necessary when you want a shiny roamer. RNGing your roamer is very similar to RNGing stationary Pokémon, except the PIDRNG advances quite erratically due to the rain created by Tornadus and Thundurus. I found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJi-T_dPxH8) to be somewhat useful.

Agonist
9th February 2012, 4:04 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/609.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest / Timid | Flash Fire
31 | 22 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
Flame Burst | Will-O-Wisp | Night Shade | Imprison
UT @ Lv. 26

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/609.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest / Timid | Flash Fire
30 | 3 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31
Flame Burst | Will-O-Wisp | Night Shade | Imprison
UT @ Lv. 26

Nothing like catching twelve Litwick... Now I just need to find a HP Ice seed, and then I'm done with Litwick.

Silvershark
9th February 2012, 7:26 PM
Okay post a screenshot please. You're not exactly helping by only stating it's not working.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, my computer goes dead slow at times, adding to my frustration and I'm not particularly articulate when I'm frustrated. I'm not sure a screenshot would help, but I'll try to elaborate more on what I was doing. So I started by opening the DS parameters section in the RNG Reporter, then I entered in my DS Mac address and other relevant data, and then the date and time for turning on the DS. Then on my DS I set the clock, start the game up at the correct time; and as soon as it comes on I use sweet scent, catch the pokemon, calculate it's IV's using the Reporters IV checker, record the IVs in the parameters section, and click generate seed. An aditional box then pops up showing the reporters progress for a few minutes before announcing there were 0 results found. I go through the process again and again, and still get 0 results. However, last Sept. when I attempted RNGing, I recorded some of the IV's and times from then (the times and frames I got from those seeds didn't work for me then, I think because I didn't record enough IV's to acurately calibrate my DS). When I enter those IV's from Sept. it generates those seeds just fine. It's just when I try to add any new data that the RNG Reporter doesn't come up with anything. If it helps, the point I saved at in Victory Road is the first cave, which is devoid of NPC's, and there were 5 pokemon in my party.

jolteon135
9th February 2012, 7:47 PM
Are you sure that's the case with 5th Gen EL RNG? I sure as hell hit both even and odd delays when RNGing my Arceus.
Yes you're right. You can hit odd/even delays in 5th gen. without making any adjustments. I guess he's just having bad luck.

MSK
9th February 2012, 7:58 PM
Yes you're right. You can hit odd/even delays in 5th gen. without making any adjustments. I guess he's just having bad luck.

Yeah I've been hitting odd and even delays, so yes think it's just really bad luck :(
Well I've got until Sunday when the Mewtwo event starts to get it right, because I want to do as many playthroughs as I can for trades etc.

dewey911p
9th February 2012, 8:14 PM
You only have to use Pandora's Box if you want to RNG your ID/SID, which is only necessary when you want a shiny roamer. RNGing your roamer is very similar to RNGing stationary Pokémon, except the PIDRNG advances quite erratically due to the rain created by Tornadus and Thundurus. I found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJi-T_dPxH8) to be somewhat useful.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, my computer goes dead slow at times, adding to my frustration and I'm not particularly articulate when I'm frustrated. I'm not sure a screenshot would help, but I'll try to elaborate more on what I was doing. So I started by opening the DS parameters section in the RNG Reporter, then I entered in my DS Mac address and other relevant data, and then the date and time for turning on the DS. Then on my DS I set the clock, start the game up at the correct time; and as soon as it comes on I use sweet scent, catch the pokemon, calculate it's IV's using the Reporters IV checker, record the IVs in the parameters section, and click generate seed. An aditional box then pops up showing the reporters progress for a few minutes before announcing there were 0 results found. I go through the process again and again, and still get 0 results. However, last Sept. when I attempted RNGing, I recorded some of the IV's and times from then (the times and frames I got from those seeds didn't work for me then, I think because I didn't record enough IV's to acurately calibrate my DS). When I enter those IV's from Sept. it generates those seeds just fine. It's just when I try to add any new data that the RNG Reporter doesn't come up with anything. If it helps, the point I saved at in Victory Road is the first cave, which is devoid of NPC's, and there were 5 pokemon in my party.

im a bit confused by what your doing. You said you pick a time then start your DS at that time? You need to record the date and time that you hit "A" to launch the game, not the date and time of when you start your DS. Also, just record the date and time you hit "A," dont try and hit a certain time, thats making it much harder on yourself then you need it to be. If you just enter the date and time you launched the game you should have better luck, unless i misunderstood what your doing

Silvershark
9th February 2012, 8:35 PM
im a bit confused by what your doing. You said you pick a time then start your DS at that time? You need to record the date and time that you hit "A" to launch the game, not the date and time of when you start your DS. Also, just record the date and time you hit "A," dont try and hit a certain time, thats making it much harder on yourself then you need it to be. If you just enter the date and time you launched the game you should have better luck, unless i misunderstood what your doing

I meant the date and time when I pressed "A" to launch the game. I started changing the date and and time on my DS in case it was the current date that was the problem for some reason.

dewey911p
9th February 2012, 8:45 PM
I meant the date and time when I pressed "A" to launch the game. I started changing the date and and time on my DS in case it was the current date that was the problem for some reason.

any date will work, just make sure you put the right date into RNG reporter and make sure it matches the date and time of your DS. Also, your not mashing the A button are you? You shouldnt hit any buttons until the white nintendo splash screen pops up

Silvershark
9th February 2012, 8:49 PM
any date will work, just make sure you put the right date into RNG reporter and make sure it matches the date and time of your DS. Also, your not mashing the A button are you? You shouldnt hit any buttons until the white nintendo splash screen pops up

I don't start mashing the "A" button until the Gamfreak animation comes up.

EDIT: Success! I saved in the cave at Giant Chasm this time and got a seed to generate. How many times to I have to do this to get calibrated?

MSK
9th February 2012, 9:32 PM
YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! Finally hit it, my 1st Entralink RNG

Arceus - Hasty (not the best but hey), Mischievous
31/24/31/31/31/31

So happy I finally got there, now I'm ready to RNG Mewtwo then restart and do it all again :)
At least parameters stay the same, so I can use this seed again but this time I'll be bringing my Chatot's and hopefully will get better natures.

On that note, I intend to RNG 17 Arceus, one for each plate. Which natures work with each type?

Is there any way to check the PID frames for an entralink seed or do you just need trial and error (wondered because it's not a full seed so can't do it in main window)

dewey911p
9th February 2012, 10:16 PM
I don't start mashing the "A" button until the Gamfreak animation comes up.

EDIT: Success! I saved in the cave at Giant Chasm this time and got a seed to generate. How many times to I have to do this to get calibrated?

all you need to do is find your other Timer0 value i think. if you hit the more common Timer0 value you could try RNGing with just that one. I was RNGing with just one Timer0 value for a month or two before i found the other, and even now i still dont use it

Silvershark
9th February 2012, 10:39 PM
all you need to do is find your other Timer0 value i think. if you hit the more common Timer0 value you could try RNGing with just that one. I was RNGing with just one Timer0 value for a month or two before i found the other, and even now i still dont use it

From some reason, most of the pokemon I record the IV's from aren't producing any results, but the only Timer0 value I've been getting from the results I did get is C80. Can I just use that then?

Agonist
10th February 2012, 12:26 AM
Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17*
P2 Laboratory*
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

for this list, is there any particular reason why Route 17 and the P2 lab have an asterik next to them?

jolteon135
10th February 2012, 12:51 AM
You only have to do it once. Your parameters don't change (though you might have more than 1 timer0 value)

YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! Finally hit it, my 1st Entralink RNG

Arceus - Hasty (not the best but hey), Mischievous
31/24/31/31/31/31

So happy I finally got there, now I'm ready to RNG Mewtwo then restart and do it all again :)
At least parameters stay the same, so I can use this seed again but this time I'll be bringing my Chatot's and hopefully will get better natures.

On that note, I intend to RNG 17 Arceus, one for each plate. Which natures work with each type?

Is there any way to check the PID frames for an entralink seed or do you just need trial and error (wondered because it's not a full seed so can't do it in main window)
Congrats and there's no way to control the PIDRNG while entralink/c-gear RNGing. The c-gear advances the PIDRNG by 1 frame per second.
In theory there's a way to manipulate the PIDRNG for entralink abuse if you can consistently get to the Pokemon in the same amount of time each time but that's ridiculously hard to do so it's not practical at all. The nature is pretty much up to luck. :|

for this list, is there any particular reason why Route 17 and the P2 lab have an asterik next to them?
The person who originally made the list wasn't sure if those 2 places were actually free of WNPCs. He/she just knew that in certain parts of route 17/the P2 lab there was no NPC advancement.
I'm not sure if anyone has checked to see if the entire route 17/P2 lab is WNPC free but it's pretty easy to check it yourself.

Agonist
10th February 2012, 1:41 AM
yeah, apparently P2 lab is free of NPC's

mew92
10th February 2012, 3:17 AM
hey guys im trying to rng my IDSID in pokemon black on dsi US version.
but when using the pandoras box and enter the id i got,and hit "find the seed hit" no reuslt shows up.please help,
here are the full details,

all right this is the flawless seed im trying to IDSID abuse to get shiny frame on 73: ADFA2178E8F35131
keypress:select -L
i used that seed on the pandoras box's search by seed frame 73
yeah my parameters are correct
these are my parameters pokemon black english dsi
macaddress:0026599E0550
vcount:8c
vframe :8
timer0:123C
gxstst:6
-------------------
"search parameters box"
date: 2/08/2012
min frame:30
maxframe:40
then find id seeds.
----------------
then i picked an id seed on that date 2/08/2012
time:00:28:31
id:59302
sid:10921
button :select
the date of the id seed 2/08/2012 MM/DD/YYYY
-------------------
the id i got :23413
and in the seed finder ,
i put in the id i got 23413
put the date 2/08/2012
hour:00
minute:28
min/max second:28-35
min/max frame:10-40
and find seed hit.
then nothing shows up :(

Agonist
10th February 2012, 3:55 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/68/Spr_5b_593_m_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Cursed Body
30 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Bubble | Absorb | Water Sport | Night Shade
UT @ Lv. 10

TDawg
10th February 2012, 5:26 AM
hey guys im trying to rng my IDSID in pokemon black on dsi US version.
but when using the pandoras box and enter the id i got,and hit "find the seed hit" no reuslt shows up.please help,
here are the full details,

all right this is the flawless seed im trying to IDSID abuse to get shiny frame on 73: ADFA2178E8F35131
keypress:select -L
i used that seed on the pandoras box's search by seed frame 73
yeah my parameters are correct
these are my parameters pokemon black english dsi
macaddress:0026599E0550
vcount:8c
vframe :8
timer0:123C
gxstst:6
-------------------
"search parameters box"
date: 2/08/2012
min frame:30
maxframe:40
then find id seeds.
----------------
then i picked an id seed on that date 2/08/2012
time:00:28:31
id:59302
sid:10921
button :select
the date of the id seed 2/08/2012 MM/DD/YYYY
-------------------
the id i got :23413
and in the seed finder ,
i put in the id i got 23413
put the date 2/08/2012
hour:00
minute:28
min/max second:28-35
min/max frame:10-40
and find seed hit.
then nothing shows up :(

I think there'a bug right now in the programming so ID/SID abuse for DSi/3DS isn't available right now.

Shockking
10th February 2012, 5:38 AM
I was really hoping to start RNGing sometime soon. My idea was to do it on an Emolga to get shiny with good stats. Then I realized that I would want it to have Air Slash which is an egg move so that idea is foiled. Since I've heard that egg RNGing is harder than normal but I also wanted to Dreamworld RNG but realized I've heard that that is even harder. Soooo... A question: I have a DS, DS lite, DSi but on the DSi and DS lite the shoulder buttons are messed up, which one would be best to use?

TDawg
10th February 2012, 5:40 AM
I was really hoping to start RNGing sometime soon. My idea was to do it on an Emolga to get shiny with good stats. Then I realized that I would want it to have Air Slash which is an egg move so that idea is foiled. Since I've heard that egg RNGing is harder than normal but I also wanted to Dreamworld RNG but realized I've heard that that is even harder. Soooo... A question: I have a DS, DS lite, DSi but on the DSi and DS lite the shoulder buttons are messed up, which one would be best to use?

DS Lite. And Egg breeding would be much easier for you then Shaking Spot RNG which is the only way you can get Emolga.... I think.

EDIT:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/311.gif★
#311 Plusle | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif | ♀
Nature: Timid | Ability: Plus | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 02/26/2012 | Hatched: Castelia City | Met at Lv. 1
IVs: 31/x/31/30/31/30| HP: Fire 70
Moves: Growl | Wish | Discharge | Thunder Wave

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/312.gif★
#312 Minun | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif | ♀
Nature: Timid | Ability: Minus | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 02/25/2012 | Hatched: Castelia City | Met at Lv. 1
IVs: 31/x/30/31/31/31 | HP: Ice 70
Moves: Growl

Castelia City because it's kind of like the city in the movie with Deoxys. lol Anyways I RNGed Minun before Plusle to find out it could get Wish, and Discharge after, but I am too lazy to go back and put those moves on her so yeah...

dewey911p
10th February 2012, 5:46 AM

egg RNGing isnt very difficult IMO and thats the first thing i ever RNGed. In fact all i RNG is eggs, with the exception of legendary pokemon and events. On the other hand, entralink RNGing is arguably the hardest kind to master. As for the DS i would go with the DS lite but thats b/c i own one and i dont really know if the DSI is any different/better. As for the button issue, you dont need to necessarily hit any buttons while RNGing (although you will get more results with a key press or 2) and even if you do use key presses there is an option to skip the L/R buttons

mew92
10th February 2012, 8:08 AM
I think there'a bug right now in the programming so ID/SID abuse for DSi/3DS isn't available right now.

um just asking will it be solved in 2-3 months?

Silvershark
10th February 2012, 5:07 PM
Ok, so I tried using those parameters I got in the time finder and I didn't get any results, but then I noticed my keypresses was set to 0. After setting it to 3 it's taking forever to search for results, so I'll take that as a good sign; but if it still comes up with no results then I have to adjust the min/max frames, correct?

dewey911p
10th February 2012, 5:32 PM
um just asking will it be solved in 2-3 months?

if it is a bug then its really up to the programmers to fix and we really have no way of knowing when they will discover it and then fix it.

Ok, so I tried using those parameters I got in the time finder and I didn't get any results, but then I noticed my keypresses was set to 0. After setting it to 3 it's taking forever to search for results, so I'll take that as a good sign; but if it still comes up with no results then I have to adjust the min/max frames, correct?

three keypresses might be a bit unnecessary IMO unless your aiming for something hard and you havent found any results after searching through several years, or if you want an IV frame of 1. One key press is usually sufficient (you were after Victini yes?) and if you dont find any results with you Min/Max PID settings you can either increase the range, or just look through a different month. But i would be very surprised if 3 key presses doesnt give you any results

Silvershark
10th February 2012, 5:58 PM
three keypresses might be a bit unnecessary IMO unless your aiming for something hard and you havent found any results after searching through several years, or if you want an IV frame of 1. One key press is usually sufficient (you were after Victini yes?) and if you dont find any results with you Min/Max PID settings you can either increase the range, or just look through a different month. But i would be very surprised if 3 key presses doesnt give you any results

At 0 keypresses the Time Finder was only taking about a minute to announce a no results, thus why I changed it. I also changed the month and I've gotten one result so far. I've tested it out on my DS and I'm not getting the IV's I was hoping for. Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or what?

dewey911p
10th February 2012, 8:21 PM
At 0 keypresses the Time Finder was only taking about a minute to announce a no results, thus why I changed it. I also changed the month and I've gotten one result so far. I've tested it out on my DS and I'm not getting the IV's I was hoping for. Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or what?

If it was Victini you were after then you either missed your PID frame or your seed. Record the IVs and then use the main window in RNG reporter to check and see if the IVs are close, then adjust your chatot flips. RNG reporter is contently off by 2 frames for me so i know if it tells me my starting PID frame is 50, its actually 52. So just check the surrounding frames and if you dont find anything that matches, then you missed your seed.

Silvershark
10th February 2012, 10:41 PM
If it was Victini you were after then you either missed your PID frame or your seed. Record the IVs and then use the main window in RNG reporter to check and see if the IVs are close, then adjust your chatot flips. RNG reporter is contently off by 2 frames for me so i know if it tells me my starting PID frame is 50, its actually 52. So just check the surrounding frames and if you dont find anything that matches, then you missed your seed.

How do I use the main window in RNG Reporter to check if the IV's are close? I don't see a spot to input any IV's or a way to get the the seed and frame I'm trying to hit onto the main window. I looked at the adjacent seeds in the time finder, but the IV's I'm getting aren't anywhere close to those either.

Edit: Nevermind on the main window, I figured that part out. Apparently I keep missing my seed, anyway for me to fix that, or just keep going with trail and error?

dewey911p
11th February 2012, 12:15 AM
How do I use the main window in RNG Reporter to check if the IV's are close? I don't see a spot to input any IV's or a way to get the the seed and frame I'm trying to hit onto the main window. I looked at the adjacent seeds in the time finder, but the IV's I'm getting aren't anywhere close to those either.

Edit: Nevermind on the main window, I figured that part out. Apparently I keep missing my seed, anyway for me to fix that, or just keep going with trail and error?

just keep trying until you get it :)

TDawg
11th February 2012, 12:49 AM

Like dewey said just keep trying. But if you're missing the seed a lot switching seeds can help you.

Shockking
11th February 2012, 3:24 AM
Okay, thanks guys, I will probably attempt to do it this weekend. I have a few problems though, 1) my DS lite isn't with me this weekend, but if its superior to DSi, could I just use my original DS since it and lite are essentially the same? 2) I will probably have an issue downloading RNG Reporter cuz of some problems with my computers...
Anyhow, if I get that all sorted out, is there anyone who would be willing to either walk me though it, or just provide help via the Serebii chat or the like?

Killer_Flygon
11th February 2012, 4:18 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/299.gif
#299 Nosepass [No name yet]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
Nature: Calm | Ability: Sturdy | Type: Rock
Hidden Power:
EV: UT | Level: 1
Moves: Tackle | Stealth Rock | Thunder Wave | ----

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/410.gif
#410 Shieldon [Bulwark]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
Nature: Impish | Ability: Sturdy | Type: Rock/Steel
Hidden Power:
Moves: Tackle | Protect | Stealth Rock | Taunt

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gifhttp://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.png
#150 Mewtwo
OT: FEB2012 | ID No.: 02112 | Gender:
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power:
IV: 31/7/31/31/31/31
Moves: Psystrike | Aura Sphere | Shadow Ball | Electro Ball

Redid the Nosepass for NU use and early Wifi event is early. Got that Mewtwo in one restart.

TDawg
11th February 2012, 4:20 AM
Okay, thanks guys, I will probably attempt to do it this weekend. I have a few problems though, 1) my DS lite isn't with me this weekend, but if its superior to DSi, could I just use my original DS since it and lite are essentially the same? 2) I will probably have an issue downloading RNG Reporter cuz of some problems with my computers...
Anyhow, if I get that all sorted out, is there anyone who would be willing to either walk me though it, or just provide help via the Serebii chat or the like?

Yes you can use the DS Phat. They are only better because they actually have a clock with seconds on it. Other than that they are equally great. and just keep posting here and everyone should help you. BTW did you break all the L/R buttons on all of your DSs? How does that happen?

Shockking
11th February 2012, 4:57 AM
Yes you can use the DS Phat. They are only better because they actually have a clock with seconds on it. Other than that they are equally great. and just keep posting here and everyone should help you. BTW did you break all the L/R buttons on all of your DSs? How does that happen?

Haha. Well my DS lite got dropped and stuff, I used it or quite a while and it seems that the buttons just eventually became less and less reliable, the R button to the point of flat out not working. About the DSi, I think its dust but the same thing, they just became less and less reliable. And my DSi is actually the second DSi that I have had this problem with, I sent in my original one because of problems with the touch screen and those bumper buttons... My DS Phat (haha) and my 3DS' shoulder buttons work fine though.
Thanks.

TDawg
11th February 2012, 5:10 AM
Haha. Well my DS lite got dropped and stuff, I used it or quite a while and it seems that the buttons just eventually became less and less reliable, the R button to the point of flat out not working. About the DSi, I think its dust but the same thing, they just became less and less reliable. And my DSi is actually the second DSi that I have had this problem with, I sent in my original one because of problems with the touch screen and those bumper buttons... My DS Phat (haha) and my 3DS' shoulder buttons work fine though.
Thanks.

Haha gotta love the Phat. :p The phat is your best bet with RNGing though as you won't have set-up a external clock.

dewey911p
11th February 2012, 5:13 AM
Haha gotta love the Phat. :p The phat is your best bet with RNGing though as you won't have set-up a external clock.

dont all DS's come with a clock? my DS Lite does and i just kinda assumed it was standard lol. It makes RNGing a lot easier too

Shockking
11th February 2012, 5:16 AM
dont all DS's come with a clock? my DS Lite does and i just kinda assumed it was standard lol. It makes RNGing a lot easier too

They all have clocks just the Phat and Lite's clocks are analog and they show seconds. DSi and 3DS' are digital clocks.

dewey911p
11th February 2012, 5:20 AM
They all have clocks just the Phat and Lite's clocks are analog and they show seconds. DSi and 3DS' are digital clocks.

oh man that sucks. i use to use an external clock before it occurred to me to just use the analog one. I started hitting my seed a lot more often after that.

Beck
11th February 2012, 5:25 AM
I don't think I would ever use anything other than my DS Phat given the choice. So faithful.

TDawg
11th February 2012, 5:54 AM
I don't think I would ever use anything other than my DS Phat given the choice. So faithful.

Yeah I am not going to switch over to my 3DS till the games come out for it.

Silvershark
11th February 2012, 9:23 AM
Well, I think I found my problem. After numerous attempts to hit my seed, I was able to hit three seperate seeds, none of which matched the adjacent frames of the seed I was after, nor the adjacent frames of the adjacent seeds. After a WTH pause, I did some investigating and found that somehow my time finder parameters got switched from White version to Black Version. So I'm going to have to go back a few steps, but I think I have the process down now. I'll try a fresh attempt in the morning.

MSK
11th February 2012, 10:40 AM
RNG'd my Mewtwo this morning seeing as the event started early :)

Timid 31/26/31/31/31/31

Took me 3 goes as first time NPC in Pokecentre advanced me by an extra 6 then timer trolled second time. 3rd time was indeed the lucky one :)

Now to restart the game and get another one :) Quite happy that I've managed to RNG Mewtwo and Entralink RNG Arceus on a game that I'd only got to Striaton on :)

mew92
11th February 2012, 11:52 AM
RNG'd my Mewtwo this morning seeing as the event started early :)

Timid 31/26/31/31/31/31

Took me 3 goes as first time NPC in Pokecentre advanced me by an extra 6 then timer trolled second time. 3rd time was indeed the lucky one :)

Now to restart the game and get another one :) Quite happy that I've managed to RNG Mewtwo and Entralink RNG Arceus on a game that I'd only got to Striaton on :)

what method you used normal wondercard or GLAN wondercard method??
EDIT:nevermind i tried with normal wondercard method and it worked. so it is normal wondercard method mine was a Timid 31/3/31/31/31/31 =P just did only 3 tries.one thing i noticed is if i do key presses the timer0 most likely appeared as my first one (12BB) and if no keypress it most likely goes to (12BC)(even when caliberating)

The Eleventh
11th February 2012, 1:24 PM
what method you used normal wondercard or GLAN wondercard method??
For future reference, GLAN is only for Wonder Card Pokémon that have a set gender, but can have any nature. An example would be the recent Tornadus and Thundurus distribution for Japanese games. All other Wonder Card events use the normal method.

AquaRegisteel
11th February 2012, 1:28 PM
So, I have finally managed to calibrate the settings and stuff.

If I want to look for a flawless/near flawless(for Hidden Power) shiny spread, what do I require to do? I think if I check 1/2/3 keypresses, I get more results, right?

The Eleventh
11th February 2012, 1:43 PM
So, I have finally managed to calibrate the settings and stuff.

If I want to look for a flawless/near flawless(for Hidden Power) shiny spread, what do I require to do? I think if I check 1/2/3 keypresses, I get more results, right?
Yes, you will. You should try one or two first. With those, you'll likely find a spread, and won't need three keypresses.

Ewald12397
11th February 2012, 3:25 PM
is there anyone who can personally teach me how to RNG eggs. Im using the guide and i just dont get it

Shockking
11th February 2012, 3:25 PM
Wow. I think that the new Mewtwo is the perfect first thing for me to RNG. RNGing for event Pokemon is just regular RNGing, right? I think I'll get started clibrating later today. (once I can download RNG Reporter)

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 3:43 PM
Wow. I think that the new Mewtwo is the perfect first thing for me to RNG. RNGing for event Pokemon is just regular RNGing, right? I think I'll get started clibrating later today. (once I can download RNG Reporter)

Yeah. The only difference is that the PID frame and IV frame are the same.

Agonist
11th February 2012, 3:55 PM
is there anyone who can personally teach me how to RNG eggs. Im using the guide and i just dont get it

what part don't you get?

Beck
11th February 2012, 4:10 PM

I started am Egg RNG abuse guide a while back, so maybe I'll try to finish it soon.

Agonist
11th February 2012, 4:25 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a8/Spr_4h_150.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
FEB2012 | 02112 | Timid | Pressure
31 | 11 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Psystrike | Shadow Ball | Aura Sphere | Electro Ball
UT @ Lv. 70

wondercard is soooo easy

Ewald12397
11th February 2012, 4:55 PM
i dont get the frame hitting and even how to set up the rng reporter haha im kinda clueless

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 5:54 PM
i dont get the frame hitting and even how to set up the rng reporter haha im kinda clueless

You'll probably want to find a guide for the beginning stuff then. Most egg RNG guides assume you know how to RNG in Gen V already, the basic stuff, at least.

Leaf1998
11th February 2012, 6:45 PM
Could you get a 3rd Master ball in pokemon white or only 2. :D

Ewald12397
11th February 2012, 6:47 PM
i can rng in the wild no problem its just that the guide on smogon doesnt help me

The Eleventh
11th February 2012, 6:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hk6HM.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/dXLli.png
Cian | 07245 | N/A
Calm | Pressure | Seafoam Islands
Ice Beam | Ancient Power | Reflect | Sleep Talk
31 | 5 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

I was going to catch it in a Dive Ball, but they're so rare in Gen IV, so I resorted to the next best thing. I'm not RNGing much in Gen V at the moment, since I want to visit the Dream World.

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 6:52 PM

Wrong thread. You might want to try the Help Thread (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467057)

i can rng in the wild no problem its just that the guide on smogon doesnt help me

You should have no problem doing egg RNGing then. Advancing frames is exactly the same as wild Pokemon. The only difference is that you have to take into account the parents' IVs, as well as the IVs you get from the IV frame.

TDawg
11th February 2012, 7:31 PM

But to answer your question it's only 2.

http://i.imgur.com/Hk6HM.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/dXLli.png
Cian | 07245 | N/A
Calm | Pressure | Seafoam Islands
Ice Beam | Ancient Power | Reflect | Sleep Talk
31 | 5 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

I was going to catch it in a Dive Ball, but they're so rare in Gen IV, so I resorted to the next best thing. I'm not RNGing much in Gen V at the moment, since I want to visit the Dream World.

Great job, Speed. I think the in-game sprite for the greatball goes better with Articuno then the Dive ball.

Ewald12397
11th February 2012, 8:31 PM
hm...no i mean ive wild pokemon on frame one but never any higher, advancing frames is very hard for me

Beck
11th February 2012, 8:33 PM
hm...no i mean ive wild pokemon on frame one but never any higher, advancing frames is very hard for me

Which frame? I would never use a higher IVRNG frame than 1, so if that's your case then you shouldn't need to advance your frame. The PIDRNG frame can be advanced in several different ways.

Ewald12397
11th February 2012, 9:17 PM
yeah the PIDRNG frame is the one that i cant figure out.

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 9:23 PM
yeah the PIDRNG frame is the one that i cant figure out.

In order to easily advance the PIDRNG frame, just get two Chatot with Chatter. Now, every time you check the summary, it'll advance the PIDRNG by 1.

Vandslaux
11th February 2012, 10:05 PM
OK. I don't get it, though it's more likely than not timer0 fluctuation. I'm breeding together:

Male Duosion:
31/x/31/30/31/x

Jap. Ditto:
31/31/31/31/31/31

For:
31/30/31/30/31/2
And when I try to hit my seed, no matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same thing (and NOT the right seed). There's no keypresses. I'm going into the game a second before my seed. I'm trying to get back into RNGing for tomorrow's Mewtwo. Is there any specific timing needed about when in the second you press A?

I'm also not turning on the C-Gear. Here's what I'm doing:

Attempt to hit my seed
no keypresses
Don't turn on C-Gear
let Season message fade, pressing X meanwhile
press B, then quickly mash A to accept egg

Also, would it be easier to go for a 30/31/30/31/31/31 shiny sync Landorus seed with an IV seed higher than 1, since the PID frame doesn't advance if you're running around in non-grass areas? IDK if Landorus appears in grass, though. Never actually brought a Tornadus and Thundurus there.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 10:10 PM
is it possible to rng on the 3ds now :( im tired of waiting

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 10:14 PM
OK. I don't get it, though it's more likely than not timer0 fluctuation. I'm breeding together:

Male Duosion:
31/x/31/30/31/x

Jap. Ditto:
31/31/31/31/31/31

For:
31/30/31/30/31/2
And when I try to hit my seed, no matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same thing (and NOT the right seed). There's no keypresses. I'm going into the game a second before my seed. I'm trying to get back into RNGing for tomorrow's Mewtwo. Is there any specific timing needed about when in the second you press A?

I'm also not turning on the C-Gear. Here's what I'm doing:

Attempt to hit my seed
no keypresses
Don't turn on C-Gear
let Season message fade, pressing X meanwhile
press B, then quickly mash A to accept egg

Also, would it be easier to go for a 30/31/30/31/31/31 shiny sync Landorus seed with an IV seed higher than 1, since the PID frame doesn't advance if you're running around in non-grass areas? IDK if Landorus appears in grass, though. Never actually brought a Tornadus and Thundurus there.

It may very well just be Timer0 problems, since that's happened to me. Try another seed, and see if you can hit that one.

And I believe the PID frame advances while walking if you're in an area with Wild Pokemon regardless of whether you're in the grass or not, but I've never used an IV frame above 1, so I don't know.

Vandslaux
11th February 2012, 10:16 PM
Yay, just found out about the Mewtwo event being today. Scratch shiny Solosis for now xD

And nice, to both the Articuno and the Mewtwo. Did you RNG your IDs, or does it come with that name?

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 10:23 PM
is it possible to rng on the 3ds now :( im tired of waiting

If you read the first post you'll have your answer.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 10:28 PM
If you read the first post you'll have your answer.

so is it possible then?

Beck
11th February 2012, 10:30 PM
so is it possible then?

The purpose of the OP is to answer questions such as that.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah i understand. i just thought it wouldnt be updated.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
11th February 2012, 10:33 PM
I actually forgot that damn Mewtwo event was available. I'll make this quick.

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah i understand. i just thought it wouldnt be updated.

I made sure to get it updated when it became possible.

I RNGed the Mewtwo event earlier, but since everyone and their mother has once, I'm not posting it. I also did one of the Victinis I have sitting around, but I'm not posting that because I'm lazy.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 10:44 PM
thank you so much :) so i guess i can rng shiny eggs now right ?

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 10:47 PM
thank you so much :) so i guess i can rng shiny eggs now right ?

You can RNG everything on Gen V as far as I know.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 10:53 PM
You can RNG everything on Gen V as far as I know.

:D awwww yeaaaaah! ok thanks. i will enjoy rng'ing my shiny eggs i've waited so damn long! are there any differences in the 3ds method? like does it take more time to do the stuff or something?

Too Funk to Druck
11th February 2012, 10:58 PM
:D awwww yeaaaaah! ok thanks. i will enjoy rng'ing my shiny eggs i've waited so damn long! are there any differences in the 3ds method? like does it take more time to do the stuff or something?

The game takes longer to load, I believe, and you need a way to keep track of seconds. Otherwise, it's exactly the same.

Poke_Mania97
11th February 2012, 11:00 PM
yeah i have noticed that with the 3ds. it takes longer to load than my dsi did :; Well again thank you very much. ;)

Winter02
11th February 2012, 11:41 PM
I RNGed the Mewtwo event earlier, but since everyone and their mother has once, I'm not posting it. I also did one of the Victinis I have sitting around, but I'm not posting that because I'm lazy.
That's pretty much true. But I had expected more Mewtwos to be posted at this point.

I got both of mine anyway:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/150.png
#150. Mewtwo
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 02112 | Genderless
Nature: Timid| Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location obtained: Fateful Encounter as a Wi-Fi Gift
IVs: 31 HP | 0 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Psystrike / Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere / Electro Ball

#150. Mewtwo
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 02112 | Genderless
Nature: Modest | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location obtained: Fateful Encounter as a Wi-Fi Gift
IVs: 31 HP | 0 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Psystrike / Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere / Electro Ball

Timid is the best nature, but I thought it would be extremely boring to have two identical ones, so one of them had to be Modest.

Silvershark
12th February 2012, 12:42 AM
My first two sucessful RNG's:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/494.png
Victini
OT: Movie14 | ID No.: 12031 | Nature: Naive | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Victory Star | Type: Physic/Fire
Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: V-Create | Fusion Flare | Fusion Bolt | Searing Shot

Mewtwo
OT: FEB2012 | ID No.: 02112 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Psystrike | Aura Sphere | Shadow Ball | Electro Ball

Thanks to everyone on this thread who helped me figure out how to do this.

TDawg
12th February 2012, 4:22 AM
What's the average PID that Tornadus starts on?

Vandslaux
12th February 2012, 4:31 AM
The Mewtwo was easily my easiest RNG ever. The Solosis was easily my *****iest RNG ever.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/cherishball.pnghttp://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/150.png
#494 Mewtwo | OT: FEB2012 | ID: 02112 | Timid | Pressure | Psychic
Known Moves: Psystrike, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball, Shadow Ball
IVs: 31/31/[B]/3131/31 | Hidden Power Electric 70

IDK about the HP, but who cares?

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/577.png
#577 Solosis | OT: Austin | ID: 55738 | Quiet | Magic Guard | Psychic
Known Moves: Psywave, Psyshock
IVs: 31/30/31/30/[COLOR="Black"]31/2 | Hidden Power Fire 70

Hatched 4 shiny Solosis before I hatched this. It kept jumping between 82 and 84, my target frame was 83.

dewey911p
12th February 2012, 4:50 AM
What's the average PID that Tornadus starts on?

550-750 i believe but im still learning how to RNG my roamer so im not 100%

TDawg
12th February 2012, 4:53 AM
550-750 i believe but im still learning how to RNG my roamer so im not 100%

Thanks Dewey :) I have been waiting and searching for this answer for like an hour.

dewey911p
12th February 2012, 5:00 AM
Thanks Dewey :) I have been waiting and searching for this answer for like an hour.

Yw :) also, ive been reading and there is something weird about the PID advancement but i havent gotten that far yet. But i saw on Jolteon's video that he had to advance the PID Frame 10 times to advance it once. I dont know if its always a 10-1 ratio, but it might be b/c of the rain.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
12th February 2012, 7:09 AM
Yeah...not even going to bother posting Mewtwo. Although, I will be posting the fruits of my labor *next ID/SID abused file* within a week orso.

mew92
12th February 2012, 11:54 AM
Yw :) also, ive been reading and there is something weird about the PID advancement but i havent gotten that far yet. But i saw on Jolteon's video that he had to advance the PID Frame 10 times to advance it once. I dont know if its always a 10-1 ratio, but it might be b/c of the rain.

no that is not 10 chatters means 1 advancements.what really happen is if you mash A the same speed(even mili seconds correctly) you should get the same frame (without advancements/or for the same amount of advancements)
the thing is NPCS and rain keeps it hard to get.so it is NEARLY impossible to get to a same frame.but not IMPOSSIBLE

Beck
12th February 2012, 6:24 PM
In an attempt to revive the club, and introduce some new ideas (as well as supress some boredom), feel free to suggest new userbar ideas either here or in out RNG Club thread and I'll begin.

Thanks!

The Eleventh
12th February 2012, 6:54 PM
I'm currently trying to RNG abuse my ID/SID on my Diamond. I'm finding it very hard at the moment, as when I attempt to pinpoint the delay and second I hit, nothing plausible appears. I'll keep trying, though.

TDawg
12th February 2012, 7:09 PM
I'm currently trying to RNG abuse my ID/SID on my Diamond. I'm finding it very hard at the moment, as when I attempt to pinpoint the delay and second I hit, nothing plausible appears. I'll keep trying, though.

Are you pressing A at the TV screen during the 2nd timer?

Beck
12th February 2012, 7:13 PM
I've added three new userbars to our stock, in addition to the several created over my period of absence. All will be added to the OP in the club thread, so be sure to double check the new updates.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/3rdGeneration.png

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/4thGeneration.png

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/5thGeneration.png

TDawg
12th February 2012, 7:20 PM
I've added three new userbars to our stock, in addition to the several created over my period of absence. All will be added to the OP in the club thread, so be sure to double check the new updates.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/3rdGeneration.png

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/4thGeneration.png

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/beckpkmn/Userbars/5thGeneration.png

Nice Userbars. Be sure to add Winter02's userbars that were posted in the club.

The Eleventh
12th February 2012, 7:50 PM
Are you pressing A at the TV screen during the 2nd timer?
Yes, I am. It turns out there's a problem with all 9.94 versions of RNG Reporter prior to Alpha 12 when using Pandora's Box. I've downloaded Alpha 12 now, so I'll try again later. (The PIDRNG frames displayed in the main window were also messed up, but that too has been fixed.)

TDawg
12th February 2012, 8:13 PM
Yes, I am. It turns out there's a problem with all 9.94 versions of RNG Reporter prior to Alpha 12 when using Pandora's Box. I've downloaded Alpha 12 now, so I'll try again later. (The PIDRNG frames displayed in the main window were also messed up, but that too has been fixed.)

Ah. Why not just use 9.93? That what I used to RNG my ID/SID in pearl.

EDIT: New RNG.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8893/luxury2vo7.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/250.png;250;
#250 Ho-oh | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | - | (Non-Redis)
Adamant | Pressure | Likes to thrash about.
05/27/2011 | Bell Tower | Lvl. 45
31/31/31/17/31/31 | N/A
Roost

Typhlosion X
12th February 2012, 9:09 PM
My DS Original is pretty much broken, the screen is unhinged on one side, and the touch screen flickers, so I had to get parameters for the DS Lite laying around in my house. The results it's given me are pretty nice.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/133.gif
#133 Eevee
Timid / Anticipation (DW) / Male
31 / 5 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 HP Dark 68
Tackle / Helping Hand / Wish / Shadow Ball

#133 Eevee
Timid / Anticipation (DW) / Male
31 / 7 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30 HP Fighting 70
Tackle / Helping Hand / Wish / Hidden Power
Got this one first try.

If someone could give me any ideas on what to do with the first Eevee, I'd appreciate it.

King91
12th February 2012, 9:50 PM
Does anyone have a link for the latest RNGReporter, or any one that works with B/W? The one on the OP is dead and when I looked on Smogon and googled I just got the same link.

MSK
12th February 2012, 9:50 PM
Doing well so far, picked up 3 Mewtwo's, can't believe how easy it is to keep restarting and RNGing it again and again thank god parameters don't change once you've got them :)
Got another 2 to pick up on my other versions, but will keep knocking these out til the event ends.

The Eleventh
12th February 2012, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have a link for the latest RNGReporter, or any one that works with B/W? The one on the OP is dead and when I looked on Smogon and googled I just got the same link.
Here's (https://bitly.com/u03iUq) RNG Reporter 9.93, although there is an alpha version of 9.94 (http://bit.ly/wepZcx) available. The latter can search for seeds far quicker, to name but one benefit.

King91
12th February 2012, 10:14 PM
Here's (https://bitly.com/u03iUq) RNG Reporter 9.93, although there is an alpha version of 9.94 (http://bit.ly/wepZcx) available. The latter can search for seeds far quicker, to name but one benefit.

Cheers mate, I'll download both and check them out.

EDIT: Those links don't work for me either, is it just me?

Agonist
12th February 2012, 10:16 PM
Doing well so far, picked up 3 Mewtwo's, can't believe how easy it is to keep restarting and RNGing it again and again thank god parameters don't change once you've got them :)
Got another 2 to pick up on my other versions, but will keep knocking these out til the event ends.

exactly how many are you planning on getting, and why are you getting so many? <_<;

The Eleventh
12th February 2012, 10:22 PM
EDIT: Those links don't work for me either, is it just me?
They work for me, at least.

King91
12th February 2012, 10:24 PM
They work for me, at least.

Yeah worked for my mate to, god knows what the problem is for me. Oh well, thanks for getting the links anyway mate.

Too Funk to Druck
12th February 2012, 11:37 PM
I got a super special awesome RNG done, guys!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/638.gif★
#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~♥ | ID: 02999
Timid | Caught: 3/23/2012 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Iron Head | Sacred Sword
31/30/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: HP Ice 70

Doesn't seem so super special awesome, right? Wrong. Because it's super special awesome to me. My first ever RNG (not counting the shiny egg RNGs I did in Gen IV) was a Timid Cobalion with craptastic IVs, and a Timid nature. So, I decided, why not do a basically updated version? But, yeah, that's all there is to say about this.

Expect something from Gen IV from me soon, since my laptop came back to life.

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 12:18 AM
I got a super special awesome RNG done, guys!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/638.gif★
#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: N/A
OT: Ayumi~♥ | ID: 02999
Timid | Caught: 3/23/2012 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Iron Head | Sacred Sword
31/30/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: HP Ice 70

Doesn't seem so super special awesome, right? Wrong. Because it's super special awesome to me. My first ever RNG (not counting the shiny egg RNGs I did in Gen IV) was a Timid Cobalion with craptastic IVs, and a Timid nature. So, I decided, why not do a basically updated version? But, yeah, that's all there is to say about this.

Expect something from Gen IV from me soon, since my laptop came back to life.

hey hey wtg :) it always amazes me to look back at some of the first pokemon i RNGed and then look at what i do now and realize how much better ive become lol. wtg :)

RNG_Reporter
13th February 2012, 1:57 AM
Well done everyone.

Beck
13th February 2012, 2:09 AM
Well done everyone.

We couldn't have done any of it without you. Thank you.

RNG_Reporter
13th February 2012, 2:40 AM
I'm Poke_Cannon.

Just couldn't remember email/password, had to make a new name.

TDawg
13th February 2012, 3:34 AM
Virtuoso Victini! (Movie 14 Event)
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/494.gif
#494 Victini | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | -
Timid | Victory Star | Somewhat vain.
12/08/2011 | Apparently had a fateful encounter | Lvl. 50
31/2/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70
V-Create | Fusion Flare | Fusion Bolt

Couldn't find a Naive/Hasty seed so I settled. Oh well.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 3:38 AM
You already have a physical one?

Anyway, nature / HP for a Shiny Thundurus?

TDawg
13th February 2012, 3:40 AM
You already have a physical one?

Anyway, nature / HP for a Shiny Thundurus?

Yeah I RNGed this on a Black file. My physical one I got on my White.

Timid and HP Ice so it can hit all those Dragons up in Ubers.

Killer_Flygon
13th February 2012, 3:55 AM
RNG Reporter 9.94 is out now. Cave spot and entralink abuse been made a bit more easier. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4105093&postcount=12597)

Myrrh
13th February 2012, 4:24 AM
May I ask for a little help with something? I'm using Smogon's BW RNG Manipulation guide to try to RNG the Wondercard Victini and am unsure what to do when it says this.

"Hitting your Wondercard Seed and Frame

Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame.
In most cases, it will be the first frame, after you calculate the initial PIDRNG frame.
In RNG Reporter, enter your seed and select Wondercard (5th Gen) to see the possible IV spreads.
Calculate the amount of advances you need to do to hit the target frame with the following formula:"

What I did was copy the Seed from the time finder window and pasted it to the RNG window, Seed (Hex) location.

My frame is 64 and using the Calculate initial PIDRNG Frame button gives me a starting frame of 45. Am I now supposed to advance the frame by 19 (64-45=19) with Chatot like I have been, or am I doing this wrong?

I hope I made this understandable.

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 4:32 AM
May I ask for a little help with something? I'm using Smogon's BW RNG Manipulation guide to try to RNG the Wondercard Victini and am unsure what to do when it says this.

"Hitting your Wondercard Seed and Frame

Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame.
In most cases, it will be the first frame, after you calculate the initial PIDRNG frame.
In RNG Reporter, enter your seed and select Wondercard (5th Gen) to see the possible IV spreads.
Calculate the amount of advances you need to do to hit the target frame with the following formula:"

What I did was copy the Seed from the time finder window and pasted it to the RNG window, Seed (Hex) location.

My frame is 64 and using the Calculate initial PIDRNG Frame button gives me a starting frame of 45. Am I now supposed to advance the frame by 19 (64-45=19) with Chatot like I have been, or am I doing this wrong?

I hope I made this understandable.

thats exactly what you do (remember to have a custom recorded chatter). Also, RNG reporter may have your starting PID frame off a bit, it might actually be 44 or something like that. So advance 19 frames, collect Victini, then check the IVs and adjust your advances to match. for example, if you advance 19 frames and the IVs you get match frame 66 (2 above your target frame) then do it again and do 17 advances.

Myrrh
13th February 2012, 4:35 AM
Okay, good. I'll try some more tomorrow. Glad I was on the right track. Thank you.

EDIT: I have another question. Smogon's guide says to have a minimum frame of 55 when doing Wondercard RNG. Why is that?

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 5:55 AM
Okay, good. I'll try some more tomorrow. Glad I was on the right track. Thank you.

EDIT: I have another question. Smogon's guide says to have a minimum frame of 55 when doing Wondercard RNG. Why is that?

because a PID frame of 55 is about the average starting PID frame. If you have a PID frame lower then 50 you might get a lot of results that are not usable. In fact, even with a PID frame of 50 i still sometimes find results that i cant use b/c the starting PID is 54 or so. Its the same for eggs as well

MSK
13th February 2012, 5:59 AM
exactly how many are you planning on getting, and why are you getting so many? <_<;

Depending how long the event runs, I tend to manage 1 a day, occasionally 2, and 2-3 each on Sat and Sun.
I have always got as many as possible since Wifi events started then I can have one on each version I own, plus have a stock to trade onto the next gen when it comes out and a few for trading purposes.
I've already had a couple of good trade offers, and now I've learnt to RNG it's even better as they will all be more valuable ;)

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 6:27 AM
Depending how long the event runs, I tend to manage 1 a day, occasionally 2, and 2-3 each on Sat and Sun.
I have always got as many as possible since Wifi events started then I can have one on each version I own, plus have a stock to trade onto the next gen when it comes out and a few for trading purposes.
I've already had a couple of good trade offers, and now I've learnt to RNG it's even better as they will all be more valuable ;)

oh man. You need a cloning method to make life easier on yourself lol

Vandslaux
13th February 2012, 1:21 PM
I've started RNGing my tourney team. Going to use Trick Room.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/577.png
#577 Solosis | OT: Austin | ID: 55738 | Quiet | Magic Guard | Psychic
Known Moves: Psywave, Psyshock
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/2 | Hidden Power Fire 70

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/592-f.png
#592 Frillish | OT: Austin | ID: 55738 | Relaxed | Water Absorb | Water/Ghost
Known Moves: Bubble, Water Sport
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0 | Hidden Power Ice 64

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/066.png
#66 Machop | OT: Austin | ID: 55738 | Brave | No Guard | Fighting
Known Moves: Leer, Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0 | Hidden Power Ice 64

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 1:48 PM
Nice work, vands, I remember when you were first learning. :P

Anyway, I successfully managed to RNG my ID/SID after three attempts using the fixed Pandora's Box. I'm playing through Diamond now, and as I go along, I'll be RNGing the legendaries (one will be shiny thanks to my ID/SID combo). I hope it won't be too long until I can post something noteworthy.

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 1:57 PM
Argghhhhh, apparently I RNGed my ID/SID wrong on HG. Now I have to do it over. It's definitely the ID I was supposed to get though.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 1:58 PM
Okay, i wanna get a shiny deino egg using rng (standard seed). but i dont really care about the ivs so i wanted to leave the parent iv boxes out blank. when i hit generate it went to the ds parameters part and i needed to fill the vcount and all that out. but i thought i put it before when i calculated them.

whats wrong?

is there a very simple guide to making shiny eggs? cause bearsfan's videos are confusing for me. and i find smogon a little confusing too

jolteon135
13th February 2012, 3:22 PM
Okay, i wanna get a shiny deino egg using rng (standard seed). but i dont really care about the ivs so i wanted to leave the parent iv boxes out blank. when i hit generate it went to the ds parameters part and i needed to fill the vcount and all that out. but i thought i put it before when i calculated them.

whats wrong?
You thought wrong. You didn't input them before or you didn't input them properly. Your options:
a) Re-find your parameters and click "use results in time finder"
b) If you wrote them down somewhere just click on DS parameters setup in the 5th gen Time Finder and enter your parameters manually.

is there a very simple guide to making shiny eggs? cause bearsfan's videos are confusing for me. and i find smogon a little confusing too
I don't think you're going to find a simpler guide. Perhaps you should start with something easier like Wild Pokemon/Stationaries.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 4:22 PM
Yeah i figured it out before :P thanks anyway though

cupofchuck
13th February 2012, 4:47 PM
I just wanted to make a post to say I was finally successful at RNG'ing some shines over the weekend. My first was a female Woobat with the wrong IV'ed stats, but shiny never the less. Then I went on to catch a 3 Mienfoos. Lastly I was able to egg breed 3 shiny Axews but with the wrong natures. But it was still major progress. Here is some info on the 3 different types of pokes I was able to RNG.

Male Axew from Egg
Nickname (if applicable): Chuck
IV's: 28/31/23/31/31/31
Nature: Quiet
EV'd or UT: UT lvl 1
Shiny/Not Shiny: Shiny

Female Woobat lvl 37
Nickname (if applicable): Mandy
IV's: 31/31/31/29/3/13
Nature: Naive
EV'd or UT: UT

Female Mienfoo lvl 39
Nickname (if applicable): Amy
IV's: 30/31/31/28/29/31
Nature: Hardy

Ryze
13th February 2012, 4:56 PM
Was getting very frustrated trying to hit my seed for the Mewtwo event.. It turns out that my R button was stuck, causing me to miss it. Wow that was annoying

Also, what are the differences when RNGing with an original DS and a 3DS? Other than the easy-to-use clock on the original

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 5:27 PM
Okay i dont seem to have any luck with the rng'ing for a shiny egg! do u have to put both of the parents ivs? for some darn reason my hydreigon has invalid in some its ivs, which i find frustrating!

i just want to breed a normal shiny egg, not flawless or anything, JUST shiny! i need help :( ive tried for hours! all i get is a normal deino

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 5:27 PM
I just wanted to make a post to say I was finally successful at RNG'ing some shines over the weekend. My first was a female Woobat with the wrong IV'ed stats, but shiny never the less. Then I went on to catch a 3 Mienfoos. Lastly I was able to egg breed 3 shiny Axews but with the wrong natures. But it was still major progress. Here is some info on the 3 different types of pokes I was able to RNG.

Male Axew from Egg
Nickname (if applicable): Chuck
IV's: 28/31/23/31/31/31
Nature: Quiet
EV'd or UT: UT lvl 1

Female Woobat lvl 37
Nickname (if applicable): Mandy
IV's: 31/31/31/29/3/13
Nature: Naive

Female Mienfoo lvl 39
Nickname (if applicable): Amy
IV's: 30/31/31/28/29/31
Nature: Hardy

if you IVs are that close then your probably just missing you PID frame. Try adjusting your advances and you should get the flawless one your after

Was getting very frustrated trying to hit my seed for the Mewtwo event.. It turns out that my R button was stuck, causing me to miss it. Wow that was annoying

Also, what are the differences when RNGing with an original DS and a 3DS? Other than the easy-to-use clock on the original

to my understanding there isnt really any difference for RNGing, but i dont use a 3DS so maybe theres something i dont know about

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 5:37 PM
The only difference is the time it takes to load. I think the 3DS takes like 8 seconds. And, you need a way to keep track of seconds for the 3DS since it doesn't show the seconds unlike the original DS/DS Lite.

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 5:39 PM
Okay i dont seem to have any luck with the rng'ing for a shiny egg! do u have to put both of the parents ivs? for some darn reason my hydreigon has invalid in some its ivs, which i find frustrating!

i just want to breed a normal shiny egg, not flawless or anything, JUST shiny! i need help :( ive tried for hours! all i get is a normal deino
If you just want a shiny egg, then, no, you don't need to input any IVs. When you're checking your Hydreigon's IVs using a calculator, it probably displays "Invalid" because your Hydreigon has gained EVs.

The only other difference is that you'll need to press A to boot the game eight seconds before the time given in RNG Reporter, rather than one second before.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 6:04 PM
If you just want a shiny egg, then, no, you don't need to input any IVs. When you're checking your Hydreigon's IVs using a calculator, it probably displays "Invalid" because your Hydreigon has gained EVs.

ah that makes more sense! as it was kinda ev trained. anyway, i still dont understand why im not getting the shiny egg! is there anything else that could be affecting it? do i need to find my actual seconds, timer0 and all that again?

i do remember the actual seconds being 4 one time, then 3 another time.

Please help :(

Ryze
13th February 2012, 6:08 PM
Alright, thanks a lot guys. No more messing up what seed i hit :)

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 6:10 PM
ah that makes more sense! as it was kinda ev trained. anyway, i still dont understand why im not getting the shiny egg! is there anything else that could be affecting it? do i need to find my actual seconds, timer0 and all that again?

i do remember the actual seconds being 4 one time, then 3 another time.

Please help :(
If you've found your parameters once correctly, then you shouldn't have to do it again. Perhaps you should try it once more to be sure. Are you sure you're in an area with no WNPCs (Cheren's room at Victory Road is good) and that you Sweet Scent immediately? Repeat that a few times and you should be fine.

It'd be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Time Finder window and the main window of RNG Reporter.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 6:15 PM
ive been using the room to the left of cheren in Victory road. im gonna try the cheren one though.

i just dont understand why im not getting the shiny!

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 6:17 PM
ive been using the room to the left of cheren in Victory road. im gonna try the cheren one though.

i just dont understand why im not getting the shiny!

Are you advancing the PID frame?

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 6:27 PM
with chatot? yes i am

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 6:30 PM
Are you taking into account the wandering NPCs?

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 6:32 PM
well kinda. i try to get the egg as quickly as possible. is there anything else i need to do? and btw when im picking a seed, which one do i pick? seeing as im not going for inherited ivs or anything?

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 6:35 PM
well kinda. i try to get the egg as quickly as possible. is there anything else i need to do? and btw when im picking a seed, which one do i pick? seeing as im not going for inherited ivs or anything?

There's your problem. You will never go fast enough to keep the WNPCs from advancing your frame. See what frame you're hitting in the main window of RNG Reporter, and see how many advancements you'll have to do from there.

If you don't care about IVs, it doesn't matter what seed you do.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 6:38 PM
Generally speaking the absolute minimum the NPC's advance the PID frame is 2-3, so generally what I'll do is find a seed that only requires 3-4 PID advances, and then jus let the NPC's do the work.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 6:38 PM
erm i dont quite understand that :S what i do is i go to volacorona(my 1st slot pokemon) and then go to chatot and the cries. then i quickly get the egg. so do i need to hatch the egg in a no NPC location? :(

im so confused

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 6:45 PM
erm i dont quite understand that :S what i do is i go to volacorona(my 1st slot pokemon) and then go to chatot and the cries. then i quickly get the egg. so do i need to hatch the egg in a no NPC location? :(

im so confused

The NPCs on Route 3 will advance the PID frame before you open the menu, and before you pick up the egg. Which means, you have to take those advancements into account when doing your own advancements. What you should do is hit your seed like normal, simulate doing advancements(open the menu, but don't do any advancements/only do one advancement), and then close the menu and pick up the egg and hatch it. Then, in the main window of RNG Reporter, see what frame you hit using the information from the hatched Pokemon.

So, for example, if you hit frame 57, and your starting frame is 53, then you need to do four less advancements.

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 6:46 PM
You need to figure out how many advances you need to do (how many cries you need to listen to). Copy the seed into the main window of RNG Reporter, select Breeding (BW) (international if you're using foreign parents), click Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame and then Generate. Find where the shiny frame is and figure out your advances.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 7:40 PM
The NPCs on Route 3 will advance the PID frame before you open the menu, and before you pick up the egg. Which means, you have to take those advancements into account when doing your own advancements. What you should do is hit your seed like normal, simulate doing advancements(open the menu, but don't do any advancements/only do one advancement), and then close the menu and pick up the egg and hatch it. Then, in the main window of RNG Reporter, see what frame you hit using the information from the hatched Pokemon.

So, for example, if you hit frame 57, and your starting frame is 53, then you need to do four less advancements.

so four less chatot cries?

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 7:42 PM
so four less chatot cries?

Only if the NPCs advance you by that much. The number I had was just an example.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 7:43 PM
No, it depends entirely on what your starting frame is, and what frame the shiny frame occurs on. His was just an example.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 7:51 PM
yeah i know that xD just meant in his case would that be 4 less chatot cries.

ok so my desired frame is 61. do i hatch the egg without any advancements. then see the frame i hit, then do i do the sum. and is that how many less chatot cries i do?

so now what do i do?

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 7:54 PM
No, it depends entirely on what your starting frame is, and what frame the shiny frame occurs on. His was just an example.

-sob-

ok so my desired frame is 61. do i hatch the egg without any advancements. then see the frame i hit, then do i do the sum. and is that how many less chatot cries i do?

so now what do i do?

Yup, you got it.

RNG_Reporter
13th February 2012, 7:55 PM
My wandering npcs by the daycare always advanced the frame by 4.

It happened every time.. which made life easier for me.

Meaning if my starting frame was 50.. and I wanted to hit the shiny egg frame on 68.. I ultimately had to Chatot cry 14 times.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 7:56 PM
-sob-

Whoops, sorry :( for some reason I entirely forgot you're a girl :s

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 8:00 PM
My wandering npcs by the daycare always advanced the frame by 4.

It happened every time.. which made life easier for me.

Meaning if my starting frame was 50.. and I wanted to hit the shiny egg frame on 68.. I ultimately had to Chatot cry 14 times.

That's how it is for me. Although I've had them advance the frame by like ten once, which was really weird.

Whoops, sorry :( for some reason I entirely forgot you're a girl :s

Nah, it's fine. You wouldn't believe how much that happens to me.

dewey911p
13th February 2012, 8:00 PM
His was just an example.

so now what do i do?

lol To Funk to Druck is a girl, since 1994 apparently :p

in all seriousness tho, advance your frame by 14 (61 - 47 = 14) and hatch the egg. There is a 99.9% chance that the egg won't be what your after. However, if the IVs are close enough then you know you hit you seed. From there adjust your advancements. so, if you want frame 61, but you hit frame 63, do the same thing again but with 2 less Chatot flips. Now if the IVs are nowhere near what you want then you missed your seed so ignore the results and try again until you hit your seed.

EDIT: Ninja'd :(

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:05 PM
Mine advance the PIDRNG by three about 95% of the time, and by four the other five percent of the time. So I just use seeds that require three advances.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:14 PM
how do i know what seed i hit? :s

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:15 PM
The IV's, gender, and nature generally. In pprng (idk about RNG Reporter) it tells you the characteristic tha the egg will have.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:17 PM
The IV's, gender, and nature generally. In pprng (idk about RNG Reporter) it tells you the characteristic tha the egg will have.

>.< damn this is gonna be hard

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 8:17 PM
RNG Reporter also does this if you right-click any of the PIDRNG frames.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:21 PM
>.< damn this is gonna be hard

It's actually not, assuming you know the starting frame, and when it will be shiny, you can just do the required, adjust if you need to, and most likely get it after a few tries. Also, the harder you perceive it to be, the harder time you'll have with it :p so, good luck!

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:21 PM
ah i dont think i can do all that :L

shall i just advance my frame by 14, then see what seed i hit and do less chatot cries. e.g if i hit frame 67 i do 6 less chatot cries?

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:22 PM
What's the starting frame, and when does the shiny frame occur?

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:25 PM
well starting frame is 47. and if u mean when the 1st shiny frame occurs then its 59. im going for a random one so i just picked 61 randomly.

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:26 PM
So after 12 advances the shiny frame occurs. What you should do is do the twelve advances, then see what frame you hit, then adjust by however many you were off by, so you end up at 59. If you do that, then you should get the shiny egg after a few tries.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:35 PM
how do i know which frame i hit again? this is such confusing work ^__^

Agonist
13th February 2012, 8:40 PM
I actually have no idea how to do it with rng reporter (I'm assuming you're using that?), but SpeedSuicune, or Too Funk To Drunk can probably help you with that.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 8:45 PM
yh im using rng reporter. this is so annoying i just want my shiny deino :(

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 8:46 PM
how do i know which frame i hit again? this is such confusing work ^__^

Paste your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter making sure you set what type of RNGing you're doing(Breeding 5th gen for you). Click calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame(you're not gonna pay attention to the frame it gives you, it just makes it easier when searching for seeds). Then, choose generate, and look through the list of results, and find the one that matches the Pokemon you hatched.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 9:28 PM
right rng seems to hate me D< i dont seem to get anything right. this is so damn stupid e.e

are you sure the npc thing is right for me? i mean in bearsfans's video he doesnt talk about that nor does he acknowledge it. and does flame body advance the PID or anything? maybe thats my problem

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 9:31 PM
are you sure the npc thing is right for me? i mean in bearsfans's video he doesnt talk about that nor does he acknowledge it. and does flame body advance the PID or anything? maybe thats my problem
Yes, it is. The WNPCs on Route 3 will advance your PIDRNG frame by around two to five. Flame Body has no effect on your game while RNGing. Are you sure you're hitting your seed?

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 9:33 PM
Yes, it is. The WNPCs on Route 3 will advance your PIDRNG frame by around two to five. Flame Body has no effect on your game while RNGing. Are you sure you're hitting your seed?

i have no bloody idea! i think i need a very easy step by step guide for the whole shiny egg process cause its starting to annoy me. ive tried all day and its been nearly 12hours!

and i dont understand how to find if i hit the seed. i mean i dont know how to calculate the ivs and i dont understand the gender. its all so confusing. i would swear so many times if i could!

i still dont know how to find what frame ive hit! as the characteristics arent there and i cant calculate the ivs.....

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 10:11 PM
i have no bloody idea! i think i need a very easy step by step guide for the whole shiny egg process cause its starting to annoy me. ive tried all day and its been nearly 12hours!

and i dont understand how to find if i hit the seed. i mean i dont know how to calculate the ivs and i dont understand the gender. its all so confusing. i would swear so many times if i could!

i still dont know how to find what frame ive hit! as the characteristics arent there and i cant calculate the ivs.....

If you don't know the IVs of your parents, you won't be able to get the characteristics.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 10:13 PM
so how do i know what seed ive hit then? i actually find this so hard. do WNPC's advance the frame by the same amount for every game or is there like a range for how much they advance it by? e.g. 2-3, wouldnt that be easier? cause im finding this VERY hard.

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 10:17 PM
so how do i know what seed ive hit then? i actually find this so hard. do WNPC's advance the frame by the same amount for every game or is there like a range for how much they advance it by? e.g. 2-3, wouldnt that be easier? cause im finding this VERY hard.
It's possible for them to advance the frame by different amounts each time you RNG. Usually, the range is 2-5.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 10:19 PM
so cant i just use 2-5?

The Eleventh
13th February 2012, 10:24 PM
so cant i just use 2-5?
As your estimated WNPCs advances? Yes, you can.

Poke_Mania97
13th February 2012, 10:24 PM
W00t. ok so can you help me with that? i think i need help with all of it ^___^

Typhlosion X
13th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Two more Eevees RNGed, need a new 'mon to do.

#133 Eevee
Modest / Anticipation (DW) / Male
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 HP Dark 70

#133 Eevee
Modest / Anticipation (DW) / Female
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 10 / 31 HP Steel 70
I thought it was hex-flawless until I took it to the Battle Subway, checked Reporter again, and then felt dumb for missing the 10. I won't use it to battle, but at least it's female with a good everstone nature, has the DW ability, and is flawless except for one stat.

pwnswitchclik
13th February 2012, 10:52 PM
Guys, if a given seed requires only the 'L' button keypress, when I hit the seed should I quickly press A for the game load then hold L, or should I use the touchscreen in detriment of the A button for this case?

Too Funk to Druck
13th February 2012, 10:59 PM
Guys, if a given seed requires only the 'L' button keypress, when I hit the seed should I quickly press A for the game load then hold L, or should I use the touchscreen in detriment of the A button for this case?

I press A and the hold down the keypress, since I can press A faster. I don't think it really matters though.

Lubu195
13th February 2012, 11:59 PM
so when the RNG reporter says chatot pitch what does that actually do i thought u just needed to view chatot's stats to advance the frame by 1?

also it found a time with flawless iv's but the shiny frame is not until about frame 98k -.- forget that lol (that is if i did that right lol)

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 12:10 AM
so when the RNG reporter says chatot pitch what does that actually do i thought u just needed to view chatot's stats to advance the frame by 1?
It's the pitch of the cry. You can use it to verify the frame you're on, if you have good hearing.

Killer_Flygon
14th February 2012, 12:30 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/529.gifhttp://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2759/healzy4.png
#529 [C.S. Swirl]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Rush | Type: Ground
Hidden Power: Dark 59
IV: 31/31/31/29/31/31
Moves: Scratch | Mud Sport | Rapid Spin | Mud Slap

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/529.gifhttp://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2759/healzy4.png
#529 [Cocoberry]
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Sand Rush | Type: Ground

Took well over 1500+ chatter (collectively) to these, mostly due to trial&error at work. Wish it's evolution kept the Chocolate Strawberry swirl look though.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 12:57 AM
Just scored my flawless ditto and its modest woot plus i can clone it so even better

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 1:04 AM
It's the pitch of the cry. You can use it to verify the frame you're on, if you have good hearing.

so the sound does change while you flip, i always thought the speakers of my DS were starting to break lol

#529 [C.S. Swirl]

#529 [Cocoberry]

Took well over 1500+ chatter (collectively) to these, mostly due to trial&error at work. Wish it's evolution kept the Chocolate Strawberry swirl look though.

Oh my, why not just breed and save yourself all that time?

Agonist
14th February 2012, 1:54 AM
#529 [C.S. Swirl]

#529 [Cocoberry]

Nice job! I was going to do some, but I always forget how much walking, and turning advances the PID...

Shockking
14th February 2012, 1:56 AM
Argh! I was just going to try RNGing today but I realized I have no Sweet Scenter or Chatter Chatot handy!!! Could someone please spare some really quick??
Thanks!

TDawg
14th February 2012, 1:57 AM
so the sound does change while you flip, i always thought the speakers of my DS were starting to break lol

Oh my, why not just breed and save yourself all that time?
The Awesome heal ball! That's why.

Nice job! I was going to do some, but I always forget how much walking, and turning advances the PID...

2.. Just saying lol

Argh! I was just going to try RNGing today but I realized I have no Sweet Scenter or Chatter Chatot handy!!! Could someone please spare some really quick??
Thanks!

Just download them via pokecheck.org

Agonist
14th February 2012, 1:58 AM
If you go on Pokecheck, you can find them easy enough. In fact, search for the OT Kirk, and you should have a level 100 catching Smeargle w/ Sweet Scent pop up.

Shockking
14th February 2012, 1:58 AM
Just download them via pokecheck.org

Eh, wuh? ???????????
Thanks again for the Terra. I luv him!

Killer_Flygon
14th February 2012, 2:13 AM
Oh my, why not just breed and save yourself all that time?Because I haven't done cave spot RNG yet and because I wanted them in non-pokeball.

Nice job! I was going to do some, but I always forget how much walking, and turning advances the PID...Walking in the grass/cave advance the PID by 2, turning around within grass/cave advance the PID by 2 as well.

RNG_Reporter
14th February 2012, 2:23 AM
I haven't RNG'd for about 4 months.. before I stopped I was in the process of RNGing every single Unova Pokemon.

Don't think I have the motivation and will-power to finish.

Wish I had a spare White/Black so I can play the storyline.. but guess I'll have to settle for HGSS instead.. bleh.

Rhonder
14th February 2012, 2:40 AM
So I have a question. I just started trying to learn how to RNG today, by watching bearsfan's vids on Youtube and reading the Smogon guide. And so far I think I've gotten it down pretty well. However, I'm trying to RNG a wild pokemon (ditto) and I got the fog to clear and everything, and I've hit the seed a few times, but every time it seems like I either get a Piloswine or a Clefairy. I thought that maybe it had to do with which plot of grass you were sweet scenting from, so I've been moving around after every time I hit the seed, and now all I get is Clefairys.

So I was wondering how you get it to give you the pokemon you want, when it's not a stationary pokemon or an egg?

Too Funk to Druck
14th February 2012, 2:45 AM
So I have a question. I just started trying to learn how to RNG today, by watching bearsfan's vids on Youtube and reading the Smogon guide. And so far I think I've gotten it down pretty well. However, I'm trying to RNG a wild pokemon (ditto) and I got the fog to clear and everything, and I've hit the seed a few times, but every time it seems like I either get a Piloswine or a Clefairy. I thought that maybe it had to do with which plot of grass you were sweet scenting from, so I've been moving around after every time I hit the seed, and now all I get is Clefairys.

So I was wondering how you get it to give you the pokemon you want, when it's not a stationary pokemon or an egg?

You have to advance the PID frame to a frame with the encounter slot of whatever Pokemon you're looking for.

To advance the PID frame you basically have two choices:
-Save (I don't recommend this. It's time consumming, and no-so-useful when you're in an area with wandering NPCs.)
-Get two Chatots with custom Chatters and flip through their summaries (Best way to do it imo).

Agonist
14th February 2012, 2:46 AM
You need to advance the PID to find different pokemon, since different PID frames have different pokemon that occur on them (encounter slots)

@ Togekiss, thanks, maybe I'll try for one now :)

Edit: dammit, stop ninja'ing me :<

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 2:47 AM

are you using the encounter table? Also I don't get this on the time finder i put my frames min/max to 1/6 cant find anything then i try same date but 1/10 and it finds one at frame 3 like wtf? lol

Rhonder
14th February 2012, 2:57 AM
You have to advance the PID frame to a frame with the encounter slot of whatever Pokemon you're looking for.

To advance the PID frame you basically have two choices:
-Save (I don't recommend this. It's time consumming, and no-so-useful when you're in an area with wandering NPCs.)
-Get two Chatots with custom Chatters and flip through their summaries (Best way to do it imo).

You need to advance the PID to find different pokemon, since different PID frames have different pokemon that occur on them (encounter slots)

Ok, makes sense. But then, how do you figure out how many times you need to advance it to get from pokemon X to pokemon Y?

are you using the encounter table? Also I don't get this on the time finder i put my frames min/max to 1/6 cant find anything then i try same date but 1/10 and it finds one at frame 3 like wtf? lol

Yeah, I saw that in the Tools so i gave it a look. I found that ditto is in encounter slots 3 and 6 so I put both of those into the thing that asks for it in the time finder, and got 3 different seeds. 2 of them were on frame 1, so I tried both of those but was only able to hit 1 of them for some reason, so I've been using that one. the other one is on... frame 5 so I haven't tried that one yet, because I have 4 pokes in my party and was trying to avoid going back to the pokemon center if at all possible. If I need to, though, it's not a big deal XD

Too Funk to Druck
14th February 2012, 3:03 AM
Ok, makes sense. But then, how do you figure out how many times you need to advance it to get from pokemon X to pokemon Y?

Yeah, I saw that in the Tools so i gave it a look. I found that ditto is in encounter slots 3 and 6 so I put both of those into the thing that asks for it in the time finder, and got 3 different seeds. 2 of them were on frame 1, so I tried both of those but was only able to hit 1 of them for some reason, so I've been using that one. the other one is on... frame 5 so I haven't tried that one yet, because I have 4 pokes in my party and was trying to avoid going back to the pokemon center if at all possible. If I need to, though, it's not a big deal XD

In the main window of RNG reporter, paste your seed, after setting it to 5th Gen PIDRNG. Make sure the encounter type is on Wild Pokemon. Clck the button that says Calculate Initial PiDRNG.

Beck
14th February 2012, 3:04 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been adding a few changes to the club here and there, step by step, to try to bring it back to a state of recognition. Feel free to check it out and give me feedback in the thread! Userbars, banners, things worthy of notice, anything!

I was also curious as to which Pokemon are synonymous of RNG abuse. Chatot? Smeargle? Are there any others I might be overlooking? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!

drothagreat0ne
14th February 2012, 3:05 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been adding a few changes to the club here and there, step by step, to try to bring it back to a state of recognition. Feel free to check it out and give me feedback in the thread! Userbars, banners, things worthy of notice, anything!

I was also curious as to which Pokemon are synonymous of RNG abuse. Chatot? Smeargle? Are there any others I might be overlooking? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!

Litwick and any other Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor. Gotta hatch those eggs quickly.

Vandslaux
14th February 2012, 3:11 AM
Flame Body pokemon
Smeargle
Ditto
Chatot

That's it, pretty much.
Also:

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/619.png
#619 Mienfoo | OT: Austin | ID: 55738 | Nature: Naive | Ability: Inner Focus
Known moves: Pound
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

Too Funk to Druck
14th February 2012, 3:11 AM
I definitely think Chatot is becoming synonymous with RNGing, especially since they've discovered its effect on 4th gen RNGing.

Killer_Flygon
14th February 2012, 3:13 AM
I was also curious as to which Pokemon are synonymous of RNG abuse. Chatot? Smeargle? Are there any others I might be overlooking? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!I would have to go with Chatot since 5th and 4th gen RNG usually requires at least one or two of them. 3rd...Camerupt/Magmar due to their Flame body ability.

Agonist
14th February 2012, 3:16 AM

Volcarona (flame body + fly)
Chatot (x2)
Smeargle
Ditto