PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 4:41 AM
I was also curious as to which Pokemon are synonymous of RNG abuse. Chatot? Smeargle? Are there any others I might be overlooking? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!

definitely Chatot since it really has no other viable use out side of RNGing and the novelty of a custom message in battle. Ditto too, but i like egg moves so i personally find that i dont have much use for it. Now my flawless japanese Smeargle on the other hand, that baby is the best tool i've added to my RNGing since RNG reporter. I use to use a flame body pokemon, but then i got lazy and started using the egg quick hatch on my AR (is that unethical? i never really thought about it, i was just lazy) Also, that frees up an extra slot so i can try RNGing 4 eggs before i release the mistakes. Also a syncronizer, for the capture projects.

Beck
14th February 2012, 4:44 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions, everyone. :)

Check out the divisors I added to the club, thery're admittedly quite cheesy but they should still do the trick. I'm also going to update most of our previous userbars and add a few more soon! Thanks again for keeping up-to-date!

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 5:13 AM
ok so I'm not quite getting the breeding for shiny's thing

I go to the time finder eggs tab make min/max advances to 8 set the mother and fathers iv's to all 31 set what im looking for to all 31 hit the shiny only checkbox and put in my SID and my ID and I got 1 find with the following info

Frame 54 Jolly 03:13:19 08/06/26 thats all in the time finder now do i copy and paste the seed to the main window and search cause that gives me all different info when the time finder told me at frame 54 at that time and date will be a flawless shiny jolly nature I'm confused about this with the new 9.94 one cause all the videos and guides seem to be outdated

Rhonder
14th February 2012, 5:21 AM
In the main window of RNG reporter, paste your seed, after setting it to 5th Gen PIDRNG. Make sure the encounter type is on Wild Pokemon. Clck the button that says Calculate Initial PiDRNG.

Ok, so I did that. It has me starting on frame 42, and the closest one with the capture slot 3 is on 45. It says that the chatot pitch for that should be Low(18). Does this mean that I listen to chatter 18 times, or is the 18 irrelevant? I thought maybe you had to listen 3 times, since you're advancing the frame 3 places, but I tried that twice, and one time got a Lv. 55 Metang (caputre slot 9 or 11) and the second time I tried it, I got a ditto, but it definitely wasn't flawless.

TDawg
14th February 2012, 5:22 AM
Ok, so I did that. It has me starting on frame 42, and the closest one with the capture slot 3 is on 45. It says that the chatot pitch for that should be Low(18). Does this mean that I listen to chatter 18 times, or is the 18 irrelevant? I thought maybe you had to listen 3 times, since you're advancing the frame 3 places, but I tried that twice, and one time got a Lv. 55 Metang (caputre slot 9 or 11) and the second time I tried it, I got a ditto, but it definitely wasn't flawless.

The 18 is irrelevant and you're correct as you should advance 3 times, but if you're not getting results you're probably not hitting you seed.

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 5:23 AM
ok so I'm not quite getting the breeding for shiny's thing

I go to the time finder eggs tab make min/max advances to 8 set the mother and fathers iv's to all 31 set what im looking for to all 31 hit the shiny only checkbox and put in my SID and my ID and I got 1 find with the following info

Frame 54 Jolly 03:13:19 08/06/26 thats all in the time finder now do i copy and paste the seed to the main window and search cause that gives me all different info when the time finder told me at frame 54 at that time and date will be a flawless shiny jolly nature I'm confused about this with the new 9.94 one cause all the videos and guides seem to be outdated

no no, dont set your min/max frame to 8 b/c that wont do you any good. The IV frame for eggs is 8, but your min/max frame under the egg tab is for your PID frame, not the IV frame. set the min/max frame to something like 50/200 or however many chatot flips you can tolerate. Once you find the seed, copy the seed into the main window of RNG reporter and select breeding (BW), select international if your using foreign parents. Then calculate your starting PID and then calculate the number of advancements you need to do. from there just load your game at the right time, do the key presses as need be, do the advancements and if you miss you target adjust and do it again.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 5:30 AM
no no, dont set your min/max frame to 8 b/c that wont do you any good. The IV frame for eggs is 8, but your min/max frame under the egg tab is for your PID frame, not the IV frame. set the min/max frame to something like 50/200 or however many chatot flips you can tolerate. Once you find the seed, copy the seed into the main window of RNG reporter and select breeding (BW), select international if your using foreign parents. Then calculate your starting PID and then calculate the number of advancements you need to do. from there just load your game at the right time, do the key presses as need be, do the advancements and if you miss you target adjust and do it again.

so u saying that the advancements are actually the PID frames and that all i need is the seed from the time finder and the other info is useless?

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 5:36 AM
so u saying that the advancements are actually the PID frames and that all i need is the seed from the time finder and the other info is useless?

well the other info tells you what you will be getting, but basically yes, if you have the seed, the date, and the time you will hit your seed. You will also need to know the frame, unless you want to manually search through RNG reporter to find it. And the key press is pretty important too.

Shockking
14th February 2012, 5:42 AM
You know how you need to be able to check IVs when calibrating? What should I use?

TDawg
14th February 2012, 5:44 AM
You know how you need to be able to check IVs when calibrating? What should I use?

Serebii's IV calc or even the one on RNG Reporter. When calibrating it seems that seeds only appear when you put in a range of IVs and not the exact ones.

Shockking
14th February 2012, 6:03 AM
Should I try to catch stronger pokemon for this so the IVs are more accurate? (Victory road, etc)

Rhonder
14th February 2012, 6:22 AM
Ok, so now I've noticed that (suggesting I hit my seed correctly) when I listen to chatot 3 times, I end up advancing from frame 42 to frame 47, which is, as RNG reporter tells me, a Quiet, flawless Metang. I started catching them to check, and sure enough they're the ones. This leaves me questioning why the frame's advancing so far though. I don't know if the fact that I'm on my bike where I'm saved has anything to do with it? But yeah, I'll try doing different amounts of Chatot's in the mean time I s'ppose

Nevermind, I got my flawless ditto~

The only thing that boggles me is that I listened to the cry twice and the frame supposedly advanced 6 times :/ Now I'm just wondering if maybe it gave me the wrong starting frame

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 6:23 AM
Should I try to catch stronger pokemon for this so the IVs are more accurate? (Victory road, etc)

the higher the lvl the more accurate the IV calculator will be. Personally i like the one RNG reporter has as i find it to be pretty darn accurate. Of course, if you have wi-fi then pokecheck would be the best way to go as thats 100% accurate.

BTW i grabbed a userbar from the RNG club, im not a member so i hope thats ok.

TDawg
14th February 2012, 6:46 AM
Ok, so now I've noticed that (suggesting I hit my seed correctly) when I listen to chatot 3 times, I end up advancing from frame 42 to frame 47, which is, as RNG reporter tells me, a Quiet, flawless Metang. I started catching them to check, and sure enough they're the ones. This leaves me questioning why the frame's advancing so far though. I don't know if the fact that I'm on my bike where I'm saved has anything to do with it? But yeah, I'll try doing different amounts of Chatot's in the mean time I s'ppose

Nevermind, I got my flawless ditto~

The only thing that boggles me is that I listened to the cry twice and the frame supposedly advanced 6 times :/ Now I'm just wondering if maybe it gave me the wrong starting frame

I think RNG Reporter has an accuracy of 90% of calculating the right starting PID Frame so that may have been your problem. I don't remember where I heard that so don't quote me on it though:P

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 6:54 AM
I think RNG Reporter has an accuracy of 90% of calculating the right starting PID Frame so that may have been your problem. I don't remember where I heard that so don't quote me on it though:P

Bearsfan says it in one of his videos, but i think what he actually said is its about 90% accurate. This means that the starting PID frame RNG reporter gives you is wrong, but usually by less then 5 frames. Or at least thats been my experience.

jolteonjak
14th February 2012, 7:03 AM
I may be late to the party, but with the updated RNG Reporter (9.94 Beta), in the 5th Generation Egg tab, the Min/Max Frame seems to have been replaced with Min/Max Advances. On mine, it's pre-filled with some numbers, 10 and 45 (Min/Max).

How did it get those numbers? Should they be there? Can they change? Does anyone want a snapshot of it? (Why is the sky blue?)

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 7:05 AM
ok so i got more info

Time Finder - Frame 98 Nature Adamant Stats 31/30/31/31/31/31 then the date and time

Main - Frame 101 Nature Adamant Stats HP = MA,SPA = MA, Spe = FE

so what data do i use exactly ? and from your starting frame do u add 7 for the egg grab and go from there to your target PID?

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 7:19 AM
I may be late to the party, but with the updated RNG Reporter (9.94 Beta), in the 5th Generation Egg tab, the Min/Max Frame seems to have been replaced with Min/Max Advances. On mine, it's pre-filled with some numbers, 10 and 45 (Min/Max).

How did it get those numbers? Should they be there? Can they change? Does anyone want a snapshot of it? (Why is the sky blue?)

the sky is blue because blue has the longest wave length that diffuses in the atmosphere and thus that is the one you see (because all of the others have disappeared) thats the only question i can answer b/c i havent updated to 9.94 yet :/

ok so i got more info

Time Finder - Frame 98 Nature Adamant Stats 31/30/31/31/31/31 then the date and time

Main - Frame 101 Nature Adamant Stats HP = MA,SPA = MA, Spe = FE

so what data do i use exactly ? and from your starting frame do u add 7 for the egg grab and go from there to your target PID?

RNG reporter gives you seeds with an IV frame of 8 (starting IV frame is 1 and collecting the egg advances it by 7) so you dont need to worry about that. If your seed has the right IVs and nature at frame 98 then that is your target frame. Copy and paste the seed into the main window on RNG reporter then select the appropriate breeding method. click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and then do the proper number of advances. Check the IVs, nature, gender, and ability of the egg once it hatches then adjust and do it again if need be.

BTW HP= MA, SPA= MA, Spe= FE just means what stats are being passed down. for this particular frame (why did you post frame 101 when your target is frame 98?) the HP and S.Atk IVs are coming from the MAle parent and the speed IV is coming from the FEmale parent.

TDawg
14th February 2012, 7:24 AM
i havent updated to 9.94 yet :/

Gasp! Download it ASAP! It's much more efficient than 9.93.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 7:24 AM
the sky is blue because blue has the longest wave length that diffuses in the atmosphere and thus that is the one you see (because all of the others have disappeared) thats the only question i can answer b/c i havent updated to 9.94 yet :/

RNG reporter gives you seeds with an IV frame of 8 (starting IV frame is 1 and collecting the egg advances it by 7) so you dont need to worry about that. If your seed has the right IVs and nature at frame 98 then that is your target frame. Copy and paste the seed into the main window on RNG reporter then select the appropriate breeding method. click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and then do the proper number of advances. Check the IVs, nature, gender, and ability of the egg once it hatches then adjust and do it again if need be.

BTW HP= MA, SPA= MA, Spe= FE just means what stats are being passed down. for this particular frame (why did you post frame 101 when your target is frame 98?) the HP and S.Atk IVs are coming from the MAle parent and the speed IV is coming from the FEmale parent.

when i take the seed from the time finder and copy it to the main that's the only shiny that pops up when i hit generate and thats its stats and that one says Frame 101

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 7:27 AM
when i take the seed from the time finder and copy it to the main that's the only shiny that pops up when i hit generate and thats its stats and that one says Frame 101

hmmmm, somewhere along the line something went amiss. either your time finder wasnt set up properly or your ID/SID combo might be off in one of the windows. They should match up though, otherwise you will most likely never get what you want

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 7:40 AM
http://http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/dataUntitled.png
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/?action=view&current=dataUntitled.png
theres a image of my data might have to zoom in

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 7:59 AM
http://http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/dataUntitled.png
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/?action=view&current=dataUntitled.png
theres a image of my data might have to zoom in

hmmm, im not familiar with that version of RNG reporter (i just dowloaded the latest one like 2 weeks ago. Am i outdated already!?!) the only thing i see is that you have the ditto parent box checked in the time finder but not in the main window. Click that box and generate the frames again. If that doesnt work I'm not sure what it could be.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 8:09 AM
hmmm, im not familiar with that version of RNG reporter (i just dowloaded the latest one like 2 weeks ago. Am i outdated already!?!) the only thing i see is that you have the ditto parent box checked in the time finder but not in the main window. Click that box and generate the frames again. If that doesnt work I'm not sure what it could be.

DOH your right that ditto thing fixed it now 98 is the shiny cant beleave i missed that thanks for the help sometimes it just takes someone else to find your mistakes

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 8:18 AM
DOH your right that ditto thing fixed it now 98 is the shiny cant beleave i missed that thanks for the help sometimes it just takes someone else to find your mistakes

np we've all been there at some point and we've all done it too :p good luck getting you mon :)

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 11:41 AM
D0F7294A2B2A132D <--------- thats what i put in the HEX box. i clicked calculate intial pidrng frame and i got 47.

my desired frame is 53. i did 6 chatot flips and didnt get my shiny. the other frames that give my modest shiny are 51, 52 and 55. what do i do here? and when i attempted to find the frame i hit. i assumed it was the one with the nature, i got a rash deino and this was frame 79! what has happened here!?

also when i cycle i occasionally bump into the wall or move in a different direction (e.g. up) by accident. does this affect anything?

i cant show you a picture of what i have. but heres what ive ticked or chose in the boxes for the MAIN window.

Method: BW(International) - cause i have my hydreigon and a french ditto
I pasted that seed in the HEX box.
I put the everstone nature as Modest (as im looking for a modest shiny deino)
i ticked the ditto parent box
I DID NOT tick the shiny only box (am i dont this bit wrong?
for nature i put ANY (Is this wrong? should it be modest
for Ability i put ANY
i have my ID and SID
i havent done anything with the IVs (cause i just want a shiny deino)
max results is 100000
starting frame is 47.

Killer_Flygon
14th February 2012, 2:25 PM
D0F7294A2B2A132D <--------- thats what i put in the HEX box. i clicked calculate intial pidrng frame and i got 47.

my desired frame is 53. i did 6 chatot flips and didnt get my shiny. the other frames that give my modest shiny are 51, 52 and 55. what do i do here? and when i attempted to find the frame i hit. i assumed it was the one with the nature, i got a rash deino and this was frame 79! what has happened here!?
Whoa man, those Shiny Frames are little too close your "supposedly" initial starting frame. The NPC near and around the Daycare will be advancing your PID frame, so this because the chatters mean you went over those Seeds.

Are you trying to get in/out of your menu as soon as possible?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 2:59 PM
Whoa man, those Shiny Frames are little too close your "supposedly" initial starting frame. The NPC near and around the Daycare will be advancing your PID frame, so this because the chatters mean you went over those Seeds.

Are you trying to get in/out of your menu as soon as possible?

i did it again. ok my Starting frame is 50 and my desired frame is 77. do i do 50+5(the npc) then 77-55=22 (chatot flips) ? im guessing that the npc advances it by 5. so shall i just use this?

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 3:11 PM
i did it again. ok my Starting frame is 50 and my desired frame is 77. do i do 50+5(the npc) then 77-55=22 (chatot flips) ? im guessing that the npc advances it by 5. so shall i just use this?
Yes, try listening to Chatot's cry twenty-two times, then adjust the amount of advances you must do if you're off. If the hatched egg doesn't match up with a PIDRNG frame within reasonable distance of your target frame, then you probably didn't hit your seed.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 4:27 PM
EDIT: 50 is the initial starting frame so is this the same thing? so do i just do 22 chatot cries as usual

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 4:30 PM
EDIT: 50 is the initial starting frame so is this the same thing? so do i just do 22 chatot cries as usual
You need to find your shifting starting frame first. Pick up the egg without doing any advances first (open the menu, though, then close it), hatch it, and find out what your SSF is (it should be 2-5 after the calculated starting frame). Then figure out how many advances you really need to do.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 4:36 PM
oh ok! good thing i told you :)

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 5:11 PM

where did u get 5 for the npc from ?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 5:14 PM
where did u get 5 for the npc from ?

in this video the guy said 5 is the usual amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKDypRPLoS8&feature=related

and by menu do u mean the one where it has alll the party pokemon or the one where it has pokemon, options, save etc?

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 6:19 PM
Because the FrameTimer gave me all 31 IV's does that mean when i copy the seed to the main window and all the frames there are going to be 31 as well?

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 6:22 PM
Because the FrameTimer gave me all 31 IV's does that mean when i copy the seed to the main window and all the frames there are going to be 31 as well?
Yes. In Gen V, the IVRNG (IVs) and the PIDRNG (nature, gender, ability, etc.) are separate.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 6:23 PM
That must mean that I'm missing seed ugh non breeding RNGing was so much easier lol

drothagreat0ne
14th February 2012, 6:25 PM
These are my latest RNGs. Mewtwo was easy (as it should be). Finding a good seed with HP Grass was a pain though for Darumaka. Once it evolves, it'll have Zen Mode. I'm going to try to find good usage out of that ability. There has to be some viable strategy for it.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/554.gif
#554 Darumaka | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | ♀ | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png | http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Nature: Hasty | Ability: Inner Focus | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Date: 07/15/2012 | Egg Hatched: Desert Resort | Egg Moves: N/A
Hidden Power: Grass | IVs: 30/31/31/30/31/31

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gif
#150 Mewtwo | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | Genderless | http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/cherishball.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Date: 02/11/2012 | Event: FEB2012
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 6:26 PM
when i find the frame i hit, i seem to hit the 100s. an my Initial SF is 50. my desired frame is 77 WHAT IS GOING ON D:

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 6:29 PM
when i find the frame i hit, i seem to hit the 100s. an my Initial SF is 50. my desired frame is 77 WHAT IS GOING ON D:
You're not hitting your seed. Out of curiosity, what version of RNG Reporter are you using?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 6:31 PM

for 9.4 i downloaded it and then my security said it had a virus and removed it.

Agonist
14th February 2012, 6:31 PM
Good job Dro, although maybe Quiet would have been the better nature choice for Darumaka if you're doing Zen Mode. (Zen Mode has 40 Spe)

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 6:32 PM
the current version i got is 9.94 beta 9.3 is old

drothagreat0ne
14th February 2012, 6:33 PM
Good job Dro, although maybe Quiet would have been the better nature choice for Darumaka if you're doing Zen Mode. (Zen Mode has 40 Spe)

You're right.

*facepalms*

Agonist
14th February 2012, 6:34 PM
Is 9.94 still in beta?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 6:34 PM
* its actually 9.93 beta xD

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 6:41 PM
Is 9.94 still in beta?
Yes, the current version is 9.94 Beta. There were several alpha versions before this one, though, so this is a compilation and improvement of those. If I recall correctly, 9.93 never advanced further than its beta version. :P

AquaRegisteel
14th February 2012, 6:43 PM
No, there's a 9.94 BETA around iirc.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 6:44 PM
so what my problem. are my parameters wrong? once the actual seconds was 3, then 7, then 8, then 10 then 8 again. the other values were the same all the time.

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 6:47 PM
so what my problem. are my parameters wrong? once the actual seconds was 3, then 7, then 8, then 10 then 8 again. the other values were the same all the time.
Well, if you entered the game at the same time each time you received those results, then there's definitely something wrong. It doesn't matter if your actual seconds are different as long as the seconds you entered are different each time you attempt to find your parameters.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 6:49 PM
yh they were all different times. ive been using 8 as my 'actual seconds' so if i had a target of 03:13:32 i would do 03:13:24. <----that is what ive used to find my SSF. but its all in the 100s :S

so what could be wrong? im pretty sure im hitting the seed's time but obviously this cant be true

ok now the ds parameter thing has com with somin different!

actual secs: 10
v count 91 (this is usually 8C)
Timer0: 11B5 (Usually 123C)
gxstat: 6(this is usual)
vframe: D (usually 8)

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 7:54 PM

the actual seconds means the time the game was seeded. so if you entered the game at 12:00:00 and your actual seconds is 1, that means you have a delay of 1 second. So if you entered the game at 12:00:38, your actual seconds should be 39. This doesnt mean you have a delay of 39 seconds, your delay is still one. So to find your delay you mark down the second you entered the game and then subtract the actual seconds from this. 39-38 = 1, 1-0 = 1. thats you delay

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 8:08 PM
sorry those were my delays. not the actual seconds. so what am i doing wrong? why do the delays keep on changing so much

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 8:11 PM
sorry those were my delays. not the actual seconds. so what am i doing wrong? why do the delays keep on changing so much

thats weird. i have no clue why the delay would change so much like that. the only thin i can suggest is to keep trying to find your parameters until you get consistent results.

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 8:11 PM

so u are trying to set up your DS prams?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 8:14 PM
Yes i am. the delay thing keeps on changing! i get 8, then 10, then 8 again, then 3. WHAT IS GOING ON :'(

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 8:21 PM
Yes i am. the delay thing keeps on changing! i get 8, then 10, then 8 again, then 3. WHAT IS GOING ON :'(

im not even sure how your getting numbers that high like on mine i can see my delay is 1 cause when i look at the ds clock it moves a sec before the game screen loads on my ds but idk how u can be getting 8-10s delays unless theres something wrong with your ds or game but idk sorry cant really be much help

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 8:49 PM
i dont have a ds its a 3ds. and the time it takes for it to load to the white screen is 9secs. so is this my delay?

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 8:57 PM
i dont have a ds its a 3ds. and the time it takes for it to load to the white screen is 9secs. so is this my delay?
On a 3DS, it should be eight seconds.

Killer_Flygon
14th February 2012, 9:09 PM
i dont have a ds its a 3ds. and the time it takes for it to load to the white screen is 9secs. so is this my delay?What SpeedSuicune said, there's an 8 second delay for 3DS users.

@To all new RNG'ers:
When calibrating for the first time, try doing multiple test and with each test select your game exactly when the clock reaches the next minute. So if you first try is 12:01:00 and after you determined the IVs of said Pokemon got you for that time the time says 12:04:15, wait until it's 12:05:00 to enter the game again.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 9:23 PM
if its 8 then why do i fail?

Lubu195
14th February 2012, 9:34 PM
really 8 sec delay? wow wth is going on those 8 sec then with the 3ds i wonder but if thats the case idk maybe your timer0 is off or something weird

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 9:42 PM
really 8 sec delay? wow wth is going on those 8 sec then with the 3ds i wonder but if thats the case idk maybe your timer0 is off or something weird
Presumably, this is the time it takes for the 3DS to stop functioning as a 3DS, and instead work as a DS to play DS games.

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 10:03 PM
i really need a step by step guide

Silvershark
14th February 2012, 10:22 PM
So is there a way to to find my SID without an AR or Pokecheck? I tried using Pokecheck, but apparently my ISP is blocking it.

The Eleventh
14th February 2012, 10:24 PM
So is there a way to to find my SID without an AR or Pokecheck? I tried using Pokecheck, but apparently my ISP is blocking it.
Nope, those are the only two methods. You could trade one of your Pokémon to another user here and they could find your SID using Pokécheck (I would volunteer, but I'm just about to log off).

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 10:25 PM

pokechec is really the best way. try using another browser.

right i got a NPC thing of 2. my SF is 47 and the frame i want is 71. so the target time is 09:06:53. so cause i have a 3ds does this mean the time i hit A on the 3ds menu screen to load my game is 09:06:45?

and do i do (47+2)=49 71-49= 22 chatot flips?

Typhlosion X
14th February 2012, 10:35 PM
pokechec is really the best way. try using another browser.

right i got a NPC thing of 2. my SF is 47 and the frame i want is 71. so the target time is 09:06:53. so cause i have a 3ds does this mean the time i hit A on the 3ds menu screen to load my game is 09:06:45?

and do i do (47+2)=49 71-49= 22 chatot flips?

Yeah, that's right, 8 seconds earlier for 3DS and around 22 flips because of the WNPCs on Route 3 (assuming you're doing Egg RNG).

Silvershark
14th February 2012, 10:40 PM
Nope, those are the only two methods. You could trade one of your Pokémon to another user here and they could find your SID using Pokécheck (I would volunteer, but I'm just about to log off).

Ok I think I'll try that. Does anybody here need a female DW Carvahna?

And one more question, if I'm RNGing for a wild pokemon in the grass with a synchronizer, I should only have to worry about advancing the IV frame right? Or do I have to advance the PID frame to hit the right encounter slot?

Poke_Mania97
14th February 2012, 10:43 PM
i didnt get my egg :( *sigh

dewey911p
14th February 2012, 11:23 PM
Ok I think I'll try that. Does anybody here need a female DW Carvahna?

And one more question, if I'm RNGing for a wild pokemon in the grass with a synchronizer, I should only have to worry about advancing the IV frame right? Or do I have to advance the PID frame to hit the right encounter slot?

you will need to advance your PID frame to get the right encounter slot/nature/gender/shininess etc. Also, Synchronize is like ever stone, it only works 50% of the time so you will still need to use the PIDRNG function of the main RNG reporter to get the right encounter slot with the right nature, or with a sync frame.

TDawg
15th February 2012, 12:59 AM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4269/netbc3.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/638.gif:643:
#638 Cobalion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | -
Naive | Justified | Alert to Sounds.
03/07/2012 | Guidance Chamber | Lvl. 42
31/30/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70

Took 40 Balls the 2nd time to catch him -_-. Net Ball is cool I guess. I already had one in a Ultra Ball. Next I want a Shiny Quick Ball one!

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 1:29 AM
this flawless shiny hunt is really getting on my nerves now i been setting my game to the correct date and i been hitting the time with no delay and with 1 sec delay witch what it should be but i only got a flawless egg once was wrong frame tho sadly then the others is not flawless even tho same time is being used and the time finder says suppose to be all 31 stats -.-

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 1:30 AM
this flawless shiny hunt is really getting on my nerves now i been setting my game to the correct date and i been hitting the time with no delay and with 1 sec delay witch what it should be but i only got a flawless egg once was wrong frame tho sadly then the others is not flawless even tho same time is being used and the time finder says suppose to be all 31 stats -.-

Killer_Flygon
15th February 2012, 1:41 AM
this flawless shiny hunt is really getting on my nerves now i been setting my game to the correct date and i been hitting the time with no delay and with 1 sec delay witch what it should be but i only got a flawless egg once was wrong frame tho sadly then the others is not flawless even tho same time is being used and the time finder says suppose to be all 31 stats -.-Post a screenshot of RNG Reporter with the seed in question and/or give us your Parameters/Seed requirements. That would help us figure out what you're doing wrong.

MAC Address:
TID:
SID:
DS type:
Game:
Language:
Timer0:
VCount (Optional):
VFrame (Optional):
Seed:
Date of Seed:
Time of Seed:
Hold:
IV Frame:
IV:
Sych-able:
Shiny Frame:
Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame:

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 2:08 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/shinyhunt-1.png-main
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/shinyhunt-2.png- time finder

Killer_Flygon
15th February 2012, 2:21 AM
@Lubu195
In the main menu, you can input the IVs of the breed parents and Seed IVs to help you pinpoint (sorta) where your Shifted Starting Frame is. BTW, are doing the following:

-Did you do the calibration steps before even doing this to found out your DS Parameters?
-Select game at the time need be for RNG (22:23:51 for you since you mentioned 1 second delay)
-Make sure the C-gear is not on before actually entering the game
-Mash X to get to the menu screen as soon as possible
-Press B and then mash A as quickly as possible to receive egg?

pwnswitchclik
15th February 2012, 2:22 AM
Guys, I'm having a problem in starting RNG reporter 9.94, everytime I try to run it there's a message showing up saying "Unhandled exception has ocurred in your application..."
And this is what was in the ''Details'':

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section userSettings. (C:\Documents and Settings\User\Definiçőes locais\Application Data\Smogon\RNGReporter.exe_Url_2ri5g2uba3kznz3l0n yg4lwydh4q20ud\1.0.0.0\user.config line 3)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.Thr owIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Throw IfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Throw IfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnC onfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareC onfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshS ection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSetti ngs(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.Get PropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFro mProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValue ByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPr opertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_I tem(String propertyName)
at RNGReporter.Properties.Settings.get_Language()
at RNGReporter.Objects.Functions.NatureStrings(Int32 nature)
at RNGReporter.Objects.Nature.ToString()
at System.Convert.ToString(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.GetItemText(Objec t item)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.NativeAdd(Object item)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.Add Internal(Object item)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.Add RangeInternal(IList items)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ObjectCollection.Add Range(Object[] items)
at RNGReporter.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RNGReporter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 9.93.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Ambiente%20de%20trabalho/RNGReporter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 2:40 AM
@Lubu195
In the main menu, you can input the IVs of the breed parents and Seed IVs to help you pinpoint (sorta) where your Shifted Starting Frame is. BTW, are doing the following:

-Did you do the calibration steps before even doing this to found out your DS Parameters?
-Select game at the time need be for RNG (22:23:51 for you since you mentioned 1 second delay)
-Make sure the C-gear is not on before actually entering the game
-Mash X to get to the menu screen as soon as possible
-Press B and then mash A as quickly as possible to receive egg?

ya the only thing i havent been doing is looking at the shifted starting frame but all the frames in the main should be all flawless still

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 2:42 AM
HL, did you clear the fog? That may have been why.

Also, what's a good min/max frame for the roamers in Platinum? I'm assuming the min frame should be the roamer's respective Monster Frame. Also, is there any difference between the IVRNG and the PIDRNG for wild pokemon like there is in BW?

And is it Stationary or Wild pokemon?

dewey911p
15th February 2012, 2:52 AM
ya the only thing i havent been doing is looking at the shifted starting frame but all the frames in the main should be all flawless still

no actually egg IV frames work differently then normal IV frames. When you search for an egg IV frame it will have at least 3 flawless IVs and the rest will be random. The reason for this is the inheritance that your parents pass down. there is no reason for RNG reporter to find a flawless IV frame on frame 8 when you can settle for a random IV frame and take half from the parents. In fact, if this wasnt the way it worked it would be almost impossible to find a flawless IV frame on frame 8 only. Also remember that the game takes 3 IVs from the parents, so it would be even more pointless to have a seed with flawless IVs. Now if you hit a flawless seed once, but not what you were after, that means you missed you PID frame. If you hit your seed then you can expect the baby to have about 4-6 flawless IVs. If your baby has only 3 flawless IVs then you most likely missed your seed.

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 2:55 AM
I'm also not understanding how to hit both a target second and a delay together.

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 2:57 AM
no actually egg IV frames work differently then normal IV frames. When you search for an egg IV frame it will have at least 3 flawless IVs and the rest will be random. The reason for this is the inheritance that your parents pass down. there is no reason for RNG reporter to find a flawless IV frame on frame 8 when you can settle for a random IV frame and take half from the parents. In fact, if this wasnt the way it worked it would be almost impossible to find a flawless IV frame on frame 8 only. Also remember that the game takes 3 IVs from the parents, so it would be even more pointless to have a seed with flawless IVs. Now if you hit a flawless seed once, but not what you were after, that means you missed you PID frame. If you hit your seed then you can expect the baby to have about 4-6 flawless IVs. If your baby has only 3 flawless IVs then you most likely missed your seed.

but still i should be able to hit that shiny even if its not perfect iv's if i chatter 156 times with no npc movement right?

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 2:59 AM
Exactly why are you going for so many Chatters? I can hatch shinies with 40-50 Chatters tops.

And is the usefulness in calibrating so I can hit seeds around what I usually hit for delays?

dewey911p
15th February 2012, 3:01 AM
but still i should be able to hit that shiny even if its not perfect iv's if i chatter 156 times with no npc movement right?

the shiny frame should be flawless since thats what time finder gave you. If the pokemon isnt shiny, but the IVs are almost flawless, that means you missed the PID frame. If you are consistently hitting the wrong frame then just adjust the number of chatot flips. For example, if you hatch 4 eggs and all 4 have a rash nature with 31/31/31/x/x/31 IVs and you see that there is a rash nature 2 frames up, then just do 2 less chatot flips

Killer_Flygon
15th February 2012, 3:07 AM
*stuff*All true except it's possible to have a frame 8 seed with flawless IVs. Instead of using the Egg option within Tim Finder, simply use Standard Seed, change the encounter type from wild to gift Pokemon, and set Min/Max frame to 8.

but still i should be able to hit that shiny even if its not perfect iv's if i chatter 156 times with no npc movement right?Yes however wandering NPC will advance your PID frame so you have to take into consideration. Please note that they will be moving the moment that blasted season message disappear so mashing X ASAP is pretty important.

BTW, what button did you needed to hold when entering the game?

I'm also not understanding how to hit both a target second and a delay together.You don't. The delay just tells you how early you need to be in relationship with the target time. If you have a 5 second delay then you need to enter the game five seconds earlier than the target second.

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 3:13 AM
Also, is it possible to RNG in 4th gen w/o a timer, if you calibrate to find out your average min/max delay?

And since Mesprit is released, my starting frame for Zapdos would be 7, correct? 6 (Monster Frame) + 1 (1 Wandering pokemon).

Also, I know, it's a lot of questions, but can a DS Lite clock work in place of an external clock, using the clock poketch app to SR at the next minute?

EDIT: What happens if you get two results for calibrating your average delay? I got 618 and 657, then I tried again, and I got 638 when I tried again. I'm using my computer's clock to keep track.

Typhlosion X
15th February 2012, 3:30 AM
Everybody loves Politoed, right? Thinking about doing a TR Clamperl as my next RNG.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/060.gif
#060 Poliwag
OT: Seth / ID: 35822
Timid / Swift Swim (DW) / Male
31 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 HP Dragon 68
Water Sport / Surf / Ice Beam / Psychic

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/060.gif
#060 Poliwag
Bold / Swift Swim (DW) / Female
31 / 25 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 HP Dark 68
Water Sport / Surf / Ice Beam / Psychic

Killer_Flygon
15th February 2012, 3:30 AM
Also, is it possible to RNG in 4th gen w/o a timer, if you calibrate to find out your average min/max delay?Wait, your previous question was 4th gen related? I'm sorry I thought it was 5th gen. Don't listen to my previous reply since I misinterpreted your question. I do however say that it's possible to RNG in 4th gen without the timer since 4th gen RNG abuse started without it.

And since Mesprit is released, my starting frame for Zapdos would be 7, correct? 6 (Monster Frame) + 1 (1 Wandering pokemon).That is correct if you didn't caught the other two.

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 3:39 AM
So w/o a timer, it's just trial and error of going into the game at the time of my seed, verify with coin flips to see what delay I hit if I didn't hit it, then adjust accordingly?

Also, should I find how about how long it takes me to get into the game from the DS main menu for my reset time? Also, are the roamers considered stationary pokemon?

Razor Xtreme
15th February 2012, 3:51 AM
Guys, I'm having a problem in starting RNG reporter 9.94, everytime I try to run it there's a message showing up saying "Unhandled exception has ocurred in your application..."
And this is what was in the ''Details'':

This happened to me too, just see if the "configuration.exe" from the 9.93 folder is in the same folder as this version. 9.94 doesnt come with the config file, so copy it and paste it to the folder 9.94 is in.

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 3:56 AM
I can't find any seeds w/ a small delay range. I'm using my average min/max delay.

cannibaleyes
15th February 2012, 4:31 AM
So w/o a timer, it's just trial and error of going into the game at the time of my seed, verify with coin flips to see what delay I hit if I didn't hit it, then adjust accordingly?

Also, should I find how about how long it takes me to get into the game from the DS main menu for my reset time? Also, are the roamers considered stationary pokemon?

Yep, I rng in 4th gen w/out a timer all the time. You just need to find a delay that you can consistently hit.

Yeah, do a few calibrations of that. It usually takes me about 14 seconds, so 13-15 is a reasonable range usually.
No, roamers are not stationary. They are method 1.

Beck
15th February 2012, 4:43 AM
Hey everyone, I've added three new userbars to the club, so be sure to check 'em out! Thanks! :)

jolteonjak
15th February 2012, 5:47 AM

How did it get those numbers? Should they be there? Can they change? Does anyone want a snapshot of it?

Anyone? Please?

TDawg
15th February 2012, 6:05 AM
Hey everyone, I've added three new userbars to the club, so be sure to check 'em out! Thanks! :)

Checked them out and they were awesome :P The one in my sig had my ROFL for some reason. Something I would think of :P

Anyone? Please?

Screenshot?

jolteonjak
15th February 2012, 7:19 AM
Checked them out and they were awesome :P The one in my sig had my ROFL for some reason. Something I would think of :P

Screenshot?

Here ya go: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/jolteonjak/NEWTIMEFINDER.jpg

TDawg
15th February 2012, 7:38 AM
Here ya go: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/jolteonjak/NEWTIMEFINDER.jpg

Just switch that to whatever you usually have it for eggs. Like 50-200. Those numbers are irrelevant.

Lubu195
15th February 2012, 8:32 AM
I give up with this RNG thing for now atleast i spent too much time trying to figure it out its just not working for me

dewey911p
15th February 2012, 8:37 AM
alright so i started to try and RNG my roamer and i already have a problem :/ I have a beautiful 31/30/30/31/31/31 Naive seed with a nearby shiny at frame 884 and an IV frame of 4. I start my DS hit B+Select+Down, advance my IV frame, Mash A as soon as i leave the house, watch the cut scene then ... well then im left standing there realizing that i have no clue where tornadus just flew off too :/ i cant walk to much b/c i only have 128 steps before my IV frame moves again and im trying to avoid WNPCs so i can control the PIDRNG frame. But i know i have to fly to somewhere and i have to walk around a bit to get to tornadus, but where is he and if he "roams" how do i know where to find him. I assume it will be the same if i can consistently hit my seed, but is there any way of finding him before he high tails it away?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated as im still a little lost on this one :/

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 9:40 AM
When the cutscene happens, everything about the roamers is set, so you don't have to worry about advancing the frame.

dewey911p
15th February 2012, 10:44 AM
When the cutscene happens, everything about the roamers is set, so you don't have to worry about advancing the frame.

Oh, Fantastic! that actually makes this a bit easier then :) Just to be safe, i have to ask, this included the PID too right? because my Tornadus pops up on route 4 and i have to run through NPC infested Nimbasa city to get there. Also, I've hit the point where i think i found my SSF and im ready to advance the PID. I hit my seed and got a serious nature with a characteristic of "Alert to sounds" then i hit my seed again (like an hour later :/) did 10 chatot flips and got a brave nature with the same characteristic. In RNG reporter the only matching 2 frames i saw was frame 759 and 760, but Brave was before Serious. Does this mean that will 11 advancements i will be at frame 760? And from there does one flip equal one advancement like any other RNG?

Oh, and i know this is going to be a stupid question, but does Tornadus run away like all the other roamers do? I always just use a master ball so i dont know if they still have that annoying habit or not

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, everything about the roamer is decided when the cutscene happens.

I don't really know about the advancements, because I RNGed my roamer by guess and check.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 11:59 AM
I give up with this RNG thing for now atleast i spent too much time trying to figure it out its just not working for me

SAME! and mine was meant to be much easier than yours :(

i worked out my SF goes up by 2 advancements when i enter the game. and i did 71(my frame)-42(SSF) to get 29 chatot cries. i did this like 3 times and got no shiny deino! do NPCs still advance your game after u enter the game? cause this is getting on m nerves >_>

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 12:08 PM
SAME! and mine was meant to be much easier than yours :(

i worked out my SF goes up by 2 advancements when i enter the game. and i did 71(my frame)-42(SSF) to get 29 chatot cries. i did this like 3 times and got no shiny deino! do NPCs still advance your game after u enter the game? cause this is getting on m nerves >_>

NPCs advance the frame:
-When you first load the game and you're attempting to open the menu
-When you close the menu and are attempting to collect the egg

Don't give up guys! You're just frustrating yourselves, that's all. I did the same thing when I first attempted Gen IV RNGing. I promise, it's easier than you think, and I'm not just saying that because I know how to do it.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 12:11 PM
^ for gen 4 it was actually the most easiest thing ive done. i knew what i was doing and it wasnt complicated! with this its so hard :( and im only frustrated cause i have to do homework xD and i cant be bothered to. so im gonna leave this for half the day maybe then come back.

and also does that mean that the NPCs only advance my frame by 2? or is there more they advance it by

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 12:13 PM
^ for gen 4 it was actually the most easiest thing ive done. i knew what i was doing and it wasnt complicated! with this its so hard :( and im only frustrated cause i have to do homework xD and i cant be bothered to. so im gonna leave this for half the day maybe then come back.

and also does that mean that the NPCs only advance my frame by 2? or is there more they advance it by

It can really be anything, though mostly like 2-5. Provided you're consistently hitting your seed, and entering the menu and stuff.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 12:23 PM
e_e im very sure i am! i hit A on the 3ds menu at exactly the right time, i then wait for the white screen to go, when it gets to the 'gamefreak 1996-????' i start mashing A, then when i get to the Continue part i dont on the c gear. then when the season thing comes i mash X to get to the menu and do the chatot cries.

I dont understand wth is going on >_< i just want my damn shiny deino!

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 12:27 PM
Try a different seed. I know I've had times where I can't hit a seed at all, or I keep missing the frame I need.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 12:37 PM
will the NPC always advance my starting frame by 2 now? or does this keep on changing?

and i will try later :l. i think i need to know everything i need to know before i do this. so could you like send me a pm with a simple step by step guide, it doesnt have to be long. cause u seem to know a lot :( and i need a good guide, the others are just long and complicated

Too Funk to Druck
15th February 2012, 12:56 PM
will the NPC always advance my starting frame by 2 now? or does this keep on changing?

and i will try later :l. i think i need to know everything i need to know before i do this. so could you like send me a pm with a simple step by step guide, it doesnt have to be long. cause u seem to know a lot :( and i need a good guide, the others are just long and complicated

It may not necessary be 2, but for me, on average, it's usually the same advancements for every seed.

I'll see if I can do that when I get home from school.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 12:58 PM
You're in school!? Okay xD dont do anything now then i dont want you to get told off

Vandslaux
15th February 2012, 1:18 PM
So basically for my average delays, just take the average amount of seconds it takes for me to get into the game x 60?

And I meant what encounter type are the roamers, Wild Pokemon or Stationary Pokemon?

EDIT: in calibration, I'm getting 11 seconds and I've did it twice and I got 614 and 620. Is it safe to assume 610-620 w/ 11 seconds is my average delay? Both were lv 49 Roselias at the Route above the Resort Area. Is that not high enough for checking w/ stats?

Also looking for a seed right now, Frame 7-200, Delay 610-620. Just looked at 2034, still nothing.

pwnswitchclik
15th February 2012, 6:39 PM
This happened to me too, just see if the "configuration.exe" from the 9.93 folder is in the same folder as this version. 9.94 doesnt come with the config file, so copy it and paste it to the folder 9.94 is in.

Umm, when I downloaded RNG reporter, it came with a readme.txt. file and the executable file, no folder came along with the former two. :S

Silvershark
15th February 2012, 10:55 PM
First time trying egg RNGing:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/198.png
Murkrow (male)
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Careful | Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Prankster | Type: Dark/Flying
Hidden Power: Dark
IV: 31/31/31/27/31/31
Moves: Featherdance | Roost | Perish Song | Mirror Move

Got two of these in a row. Still looking for a volunteer to upload one of my pokemon to Pokecheck and tell me my SID.

Agonist
15th February 2012, 11:13 PM
Nice job, but why can't you upload a pokemon yourself?

Silvershark
15th February 2012, 11:14 PM
Nice job, but why can't you upload a pokemon yourself?

My ISP blocks Pokecheck.

Agonist
15th February 2012, 11:16 PM
Ah, that's unfortunate.

Killer_Flygon
15th February 2012, 11:49 PM
Got two of these in a row. Still looking for a volunteer to upload one of my pokemon to Pokecheck and tell me my SID.I'll help if you truly can't upload yourself.

EDIT: in calibration, I'm getting 11 seconds and I've did it twice and I got 614 and 620. Is it safe to assume 610-620 w/ 11 seconds is my average delay? Both were lv 49 Roselias at the Route above the Resort Area. Is that not high enough for checking w/ stats?If you keeping results between 610 and 620 then yeah it's safe to assume.

And I meant what encounter type are the roamers, Wild Pokemon or Stationary Pokemon?Isn't there a roaming option under 4th gen abuse?

Beck
16th February 2012, 1:54 AM
Hey RNGers. I've gone back and totally updated all of our userbars, so hopefully they do us all justice. I've got quiet a few more little updates coming so be sure to keep checking the threads and let me know what's on your mind!

Thanks.

Silvershark
16th February 2012, 3:11 AM
I'll help if you truly can't upload yourself.

If you could, I'd greatly appreciate it. Maybe we could work out a trade deal or something.

Vandslaux
16th February 2012, 3:57 AM
What if you keep getting the wrong second with a timer?

TDawg
16th February 2012, 5:18 AM
What if you keep getting the wrong second with a timer?

For Entralink?

Use this formula

([seconds hit - seconds wanted] * 60) + 296\

Put that into the EL Calibration

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2759/healzy4.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/640.gif:643:
#640 Virizion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | -
Timid | Justified | Often dozes off.
04/22/2012 | Rumination Field | Lvl. 42
31/14/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70

Nothing special, but it's actually my first legendary that I RNGed to be shiny in 5th gen. Found a nice seed with a PID of 160 so I decided why not.

Shockking
16th February 2012, 5:53 AM
I'm searching for a flawless seed but i can't find one in the whole year between 1 and 5 as the starting frame. What do I do? (I have yet to succeed any RNGs.)

TDawg
16th February 2012, 5:58 AM
I'm searching for a flawless seed but i can't find one in the whole year between 1 and 5 as the starting frame. What do I do? (I have yet to succeed any RNGs.)

What are you trying to RNG?

Shockking
16th February 2012, 6:05 AM
What are you trying to RNG?

I was just going to do nothing in particular. I decided to try to do the event Mewtwo though. I set the encounter type to Wondercard and found a nice seed with a frame of 5. Does that seem like a viable first attempt?

TDawg
16th February 2012, 6:07 AM
I was just going to do nothing in particular. I decided to try to do the event Mewtwo though. I set the encounter type to Wondercard and found a nice seed with a frame of 5. Does that seem like a viable first attempt?

You're doing it wrong. With wondercards you only advance the PID frame as there is no IV frame. So you should be looking for a frame rate of 50 to 200. And you Chatot flip, not by walking 128 steps with z amount of Pokemon.

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 6:07 AM
Alright i need some help myself now lol. Im trying to RNG this Tornadus and all is going well, except i have no clue what is going on with the PID frame. I hit my seed 5 consecutive times, advance the IV frame inside the house, and then advanced my PID frame by 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54. Each time i hit my seed b/c the IVs matched, and so i recorded the nature and the characteristic. However, i cant find any correlation under PIDRNG in the main window. I have 5th gen PIDRNG selected, i selected Roamer, put in my seed and did all the usual stuff. But i cant find any string of these natures to give me a clue as to what my SSF is. Once i leave the house i mash A until the dialog is over, then i mash X to pull up my menu and fly to Route 4 to see if i hit my seed. If i did, i catch Tornadus, check the IVs, record the nature and do it again. But still, i can never find more then 2 consecutive natures in RNG reporter. So whats going on here? how do i find my SSF and why, when i did a consecutive number of advancements each time, do i not find my SSF? Oh, its in month 2 so the weather is a sunny summer day, so that shouldnt cause any issues. Any help or advice?

TDawg
16th February 2012, 6:12 AM
Alright i need some help myself now lol. Im trying to RNG this Tornadus and all is going well, except i have no clue what is going on with the PID frame. I hit my seed 5 consecutive times, advance the IV frame inside the house, and then advanced my PID frame by 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54. Each time i hit my seed b/c the IVs matched, and so i recorded the nature and the characteristic. However, i cant find any correlation under PIDRNG in the main window. I have 5th gen PIDRNG selected, i selected Roamer, put in my seed and did all the usual stuff. But i cant find any string of these natures to give me a clue as to what my SSF is. Once i leave the house i mash A until the dialog is over, then i mash X to pull up my menu and fly to Route 4 to see if i hit my seed. If i did, i catch Tornadus, check the IVs, record the nature and do it again. But still, i can never find more then 2 consecutive natures in RNG reporter. So whats going on here? how do i find my SSF and why, when i did a consecutive number of advancements each time, do i not find my SSF? Oh, its in month 2 so the weather is a sunny summer day, so that shouldnt cause any issues. Any help or advice?

It will still advance your PID frame very rapidly. Are you mashing A? I assume you are. Anyways doing a search in the main window with your criteria. Unless you already have.

Shockking
16th February 2012, 6:12 AM
You're doing it wrong. With wondercards you only advance the PID frame as there is no IV frame. So you should be looking for a frame rate of 50 to 200. And you Chatot flip, not by walking 128 steps with z amount of Pokemon.

Argh. Right now I have no clue how to advamve the PID frame... Explain? Also I need info on how to use the Chatot.

TDawg
16th February 2012, 6:15 AM
Argh. Right now I have no clue how to advamve the PID frame... Explain? Also I need info on how to use the Chatot.

By flipping through Custom Chatter Chatot summaries. And that answers you other question.

Agonist
16th February 2012, 6:43 AM
or you can save, but that's horrendously slow, and should never be used unless you're rnging your starter.

TDawg
16th February 2012, 6:46 AM
or you can save, but that's horrendously slow, and should never be used unless you're rnging your starter.

Amen to that. One reason I won't RNG the starter.

drothagreat0ne
16th February 2012, 6:46 AM

I did the save thing for Cobalion.

-.-

Never again.

*edit*

RNGing starters isn't too bad, as long as you can find a low frame to hit.

Agonist
16th February 2012, 6:48 AM
really? that must've sucked D:

yeah, that's what i do with my starters when i restart, although i don't bother with shininess

TDawg
16th February 2012, 6:56 AM
I did the save thing for Cobalion.

-.-

Never again.

*edit*

RNGing starters isn't too bad, as long as you can find a low frame to hit.

That's commitment Dro!

Yeah I guess that's true, but perfect IVs are a bit over the top for In-game.... at least to me.

cooloolcool
16th February 2012, 6:57 AM
May I ask what chatter deos)

Agonist
16th February 2012, 6:57 AM
perfect ivs are the way to go

chatter advances the pid frame by 1

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 6:59 AM
It will still advance your PID frame very rapidly. Are you mashing A? I assume you are. Anyways doing a search in the main window with your criteria. Unless you already have.

yea, i mash A after leaving the house until the last dialog disappears, then i mash X so i can quickly check my seed (just because this is taking forever) but even with the rapid advancements, i do everything the same each time, so shouldnt it be consistent? I can't find any string of matching PID frames in the main window. the closet i found was Naughty at frame 855, Impish at frame 857, and Rash at frame 860. Those natures and characteristics match what i got when i did 52, 53, and 54 flips respectively, but nothing else comes close. Unless my SSF is at frame 4000 or so, i havent bothered to check that high

each time you view Chatot's summary with a custom recorded chatter your PID advances by one. So if you are trying to RNG a wondercard you should find a PC ith no WNPCs (the one in the very first town works well) and then just advance your PID frame by flipping between chatots

TDawg
16th February 2012, 7:17 AM
yea, i mash A after leaving the house until the last dialog disappears, then i mash X so i can quickly check my seed (just because this is taking forever) but even with the rapid advancements, i do everything the same each time, so shouldnt it be consistent? I can't find any string of matching PID frames in the main window. the closet i found was Naughty at frame 855, Impish at frame 857, and Rash at frame 860. Those natures and characteristics match what i got when i did 52, 53, and 54 flips respectively, but nothing else comes close. Unless my SSF is at frame 4000 or so, i havent bothered to check that high

What are wrong with those results? I think I am missing something.

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 7:29 AM
What are wrong with those results? I think I am missing something.

i do consecutive chatot flips but the PID frames are spaced apart. 52 chatot flips gets me frame 855, 53 flips gets me frame 857, 54 flips gets me frame 860. why are they not consistent and why are they not consecutive? how in the world do i know how much each flip advances the PID by with results like that? I only need to go to frame 884, so if my SSF is around there then im close, but i cant figure out how many flips i need

Lubu195
16th February 2012, 7:31 AM
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/?action=view&current=SAYWHA.png

just wow

TDawg
16th February 2012, 7:35 AM
i do consecutive chatot flips but the PID frames are spaced apart. 52 chatot flips gets me frame 855, 53 flips gets me frame 857, 54 flips gets me frame 860. why are they not consistent and why are they not consecutive? how in the world do i know how much each flip advances the PID by with results like that? I only need to go to frame 884, so if my SSF is around there then im close, but i cant figure out how many flips i need

Well because the Rain and Tornadus make the PID change to unpredictable so you can only get a estimation of what your SSF will be. I know, it hard :/

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/Lubu195/?action=view&current=SAYWHA.png

just wow

what?

Lubu195
16th February 2012, 7:40 AM
never mind found the issue with the off frames but still all those shiny ones in like a row

TDawg
16th February 2012, 7:42 AM
i don't understand this RNG reporter is it broke for eggs cause it worked fine for the others.
that photo shows that it gave me like every other frame is a shiny adamant but when i enter the seed to the main it gives me every one between them is shiny and the adamant ones arn't

Your information probably isn't enter correctly on the main window then.

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 7:43 AM
Well because the Rain and Tornadus make the PID change to unpredictable so you can only get a estimation of what your SSF will be. I know, it hard :/

so its just up to luck and guess and check? many this sucks lol. I think im close though. i did 60 flips and i hit a nature and characteristic that matches a frame 1 before my target frame and theres another about 8 frames past. Now to some how nail the middle one ...

EDIT:

never mind found the issue with the off frames but still all those shiny ones in like a row

in the first set up you had your min/max advances set to 10/45, but in the second set up you had it set to 50/200. the reason you got different results is because you ised different search options and your second set of search conditions completely skipped over your first set

Silvershark
16th February 2012, 7:48 AM
i don't understand this RNG reporter is it broke for eggs cause it worked fine for the others.
that photo shows that it gave me like every other frame is a shiny adamant but when i enter the seed to the main it gives me every one between them is shiny and the adamant ones arn't

Well, in your picture you have the Everstone set to Adamant in the Time Finder window. Did you set the Everstone Nature on the Main Window too? If you didn't, that could be why the results don't match up.

Lubu195
16th February 2012, 7:49 AM
Well, in your picture you have the Everstone set to Adamant in the Time Finder window. Did you set the Everstone Nature on the Main Window too? If you didn't, that could be why the results don't match up.

ya that was my exact problem lol but I'm still shocked it gave me so many shiny frames in like a row

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 7:52 AM
ya that was my exact problem lol but I'm still shocked it gave me so many shiny frames in like a row

lol, thats the whole point of using a foreign parent :p

Lubu195
16th February 2012, 7:58 AM
lol, thats the whole point of using a foreign parent :p

ya but i dont even got one and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whyyyyyyyyyy finally got my flawless shiny deino but its naughty natured not Adamant :(

dewey911p
16th February 2012, 8:12 AM
ya but i dont even got one

really? i saw you had the ditto parent box checked so i just assumed it was a foreign ditto lol. well lucky you then

Tina
16th February 2012, 11:03 AM
HNN i need some help ;______; i've been trying to RNG for days now and no luck.
i did all i know off, chatot for correct PID, buttons, time (1 second early), SID, mac address, ETC.

(trying to breed shiny flawless zorua)

everytime i RNG the PID always either never goes up enough or ends up speeding up too much.

WUT'S HAPPNING ;__;

Agonist
16th February 2012, 11:06 AM
npc's are messing with you (or you're missing your seed)

Tina
16th February 2012, 11:24 AM
npc's are messing with you (or you're missing your seed)

any way of avoiding the npc's in the least? ):
thanks btw ;___;.

The Eleventh
16th February 2012, 1:52 PM
any way of avoiding the npc's in the least? ):
thanks btw ;___;.
As soon as the season screen begins to fade, continuously press X as quickly as you can to get the menu up. Then go to your party, do however many advances are required, press X again, and as the game returns to the overworld, press A repeatedly to talk to the man. NPCs will still advance your PID frame, but it should be only by 2-5. Find which egg you hatched using the main window of RNG Reporter (copy and paste the seed), and adjust the number of Chatot advances you do.

Killer_Flygon
16th February 2012, 2:14 PM
ya but i dont even got one and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whyyyyyyyyyy finally got my flawless shiny deino but its naughty natured not Adamant :(Lubu, are you using international Pokemon when breeding those Deino and forgot to mark that within the Egg Finder?

Vandslaux
16th February 2012, 2:35 PM
No, I need help with 4th gen. I keep getting 9 seconds behind, according to my 10 coin flips.

And is visual/audio aid basically mandatory?

And apparently, you can make NPC trainers stop in DPP with Vs. Seeker?

The Eleventh
16th February 2012, 2:48 PM
No, I need help with 4th gen. I keep getting 9 seconds behind, according to my 10 coin flips.
Adjust EonTimer, then (if you're using it). However, make sure your time and date are correct, since nine seconds seems to be a very large difference.

And is visual/audio aid basically mandatory?
Yes.

And apparently, you can make NPC trainers stop in DPP with Vs. Seeker?
The trainers can be stopped, but other WNPCs cannot.

Vandslaux
16th February 2012, 2:55 PM
My target time is 21:59:59 w/ delay 1259, the two times add up to 59, so I'm setting it at 21:59 and starting it at the same time. I also keep getting delay 390. Do I have to SR earlier for a higher delay?

And am I doing this right?

SR on the first itmer
press Continue on the second timer

I'm also going by the first one that's highlighted by my coin flips in Seed to Time.

I'm also undecided on a ball for Zapdos. Repeat Ball?

The Eleventh
16th February 2012, 3:38 PM
My target time is 21:59:59 w/ delay 1259, the two times add up to 59, so I'm setting it at 21:59 and starting it at the same time. I also keep getting delay 390. Do I have to SR earlier for a higher delay?
I'm not sure if that was a typo, but you should be starting at 21:59:00.

SR on the first itmer
press Continue on the second timer
That's correct.

I'm also going by the first one that's highlighted by my coin flips in Seed to Time.
Make sure you don't switch to the happiness application, as that messes up coin verification (so does weather, I believe).

I'm also undecided on a ball for Zapdos. Repeaat Ball?
That, or a Quick Ball. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEo7JWHnvw) is helpful when deciding which Poké Ball to use.

Too Funk to Druck
16th February 2012, 4:38 PM
If you're using Eon Timer, you should be starting whenever Eon Timer tells you to. With a higher delay, you're likely to need to start before 21:59.

pwnswitchclik
16th February 2012, 5:28 PM
Umm, when I downloaded RNG reporter, it came with a readme.txt. file and the executable file, no folder came along with the former two. :S

I mean where exactly do I download the folder from?

Lubu195
16th February 2012, 6:48 PM
If RNGing why go for anything but flawless except when you want low speed?

cannibaleyes
16th February 2012, 6:57 PM
If RNGing why go for anything but flawless except when you want low speed?

Or Hidden Power. But yeah, Flawless or bust when RNGing. =P
..Well, I guess another exception would maybe be if you happen to have a good-but-not-perfect shiny spread in 3rd/4th gen. Like, I have a 31/25/31/29/29/31 Adamant spread in HeartGold that I used once just because I had it.

Beck
16th February 2012, 7:34 PM
I have also aimed for easier spreads when trying to capture parents for chain breeding. They end up being trading fodder as it is.

Tdotdems
16th February 2012, 9:09 PM
Hi all, I need help finding my SID as I have nds wifi usb adapter so cant use pokecheck myself, wondering if anyone can do it for me if I trade them a pokemon. This is 4th Gen, I know its in the wrong place but there isnt a 4th gen post about this so I put it hear. I hope you dont shout at me.

Agonist
16th February 2012, 11:27 PM
Upload it to Pokecheck to check your SID. I have a link in my signature, labeled as 'Free RNG abuses.'

Tdotdems
16th February 2012, 11:38 PM
Like I mentioned above I cannot use pokecheck as I only have the nds wifi usb adapter which doesn't work with pokecheck which is why I would need someone to trade with to pokecheck for me.

TDawg
17th February 2012, 12:00 AM
Hi all, I need help finding my SID as I have nds wifi usb adapter so cant use pokecheck myself, wondering if anyone can do it for me if I trade them a pokemon. This is 4th Gen, I know its in the wrong place but there isnt a 4th gen post about this so I put it hear. I hope you dont shout at me.

I can't help, but there is a 4th Gen RNG Section.

Shockking
17th February 2012, 12:51 AM
agh. This is so frustrating.....

Edit: So for Chatot, you have a message recorded then whenever you view summary it advances the PID frame by 1? How many frames when IV RNGing?
And what I decided to do was get a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Joltik first. Then upload summat to Pokecheck and get the same Joltik but shiny... Which floor in Chargestone cave has no RNPCs?

Beck
17th February 2012, 1:07 AM

What's up, S? What's so frustrating?

Shockking
17th February 2012, 1:25 AM
Please read my edited post>
:)

Too Funk to Druck
17th February 2012, 1:32 AM

Edit: So for Chatot, you have a message recorded then whenever you view summary it advances the PID frame by 1? How many frames when IV RNGing?
And what I decided to do was get a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Joltik first. Then upload summat to Pokecheck and get the same Joltik but shiny... Which floor in Chargestone cave has no RNPCs?

Chatot doesn't advance the IV RNG. I'd recommend using an IV frame of 1 and a higher PID frame.

The floor with no NPCs is the one with the Nugget Brothers.

Shockking
17th February 2012, 1:34 AM
Chatot doesn't advance the IV RNG. I'd recommend using an IV frame of 1 and a higher PID frame.

The floor with no NPCs is the one with the Nugget Brothers.

Oh thanks. But also.... what do you mean? The first one (non-shiny) doesnt need any PID rnging, right? And say I walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, is my frame now 5 or 6 since you start at frame 1 does it add on?

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 1:43 AM
Oh thanks. But also.... what do you mean? The first one (non-shiny) doesnt need any PID rnging, right? And say I walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, is my frame now 5 or 6 since you start at frame 1 does it add on?

your IV frame will be six if you walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party. But you will also need to advance your PID frame too if you want a Joltik. Otherwise the encounter slot will be random and it will depend on luck.

Too Funk to Druck
17th February 2012, 1:47 AM
Oh thanks. But also.... what do you mean? The first one (non-shiny) doesnt need any PID rnging, right?

It will need PID RNGing. The PID RNG doesn't just handle shininess; it handles the nature and the Pokemon you encounter.

Typhlosion X
17th February 2012, 3:24 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/147.gif
#147 Dratini
Jolly / Marvel Scale (DW) / Male
31 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 31 HP Dark 59
Wrap / Leer / Dragon Dance / ExtremeSpeed

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/147.gif
#147 Dratini
Jolly / Marvel Scale (DW) / Female
31 / 31 / 31 / 11 / 31 / 31 HP Dark 70
Wrap / Leer / Dragon Dance / ExtremeSpeed

I don't really like shiny Dragonite, so I'm going to RNG a non-shiny flawless later, these two will be for trading, I guess.

aDactyl
17th February 2012, 3:37 AM
Im having trouble establishing what the initial frame is, I'm rnging for a flawless spread on an egg right now, but I have no idea how to figure out how many chatot calls to do.. any ideas?

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 3:41 AM
Im having trouble establishing what the initial frame is, I'm rnging for a flawless spread on an egg right now, but I have no idea how to figure out how many chatot calls to do.. any ideas?

you could find your SSF 2 ways

1) hit your seed and mash A to collect the egg right away, hatch it and find the right PID frame. From there, figure out how many advances you need to do and try again.

2) Take the starting frame RNG reporter gives you, subtract that from your target frame, hit your seed, do the advances, and see what PID frame you hit. Adjust, and do it again.

both are pretty much the same thing so either way works

aDactyl
17th February 2012, 3:53 AM
ok so I hit the seed, mashed a, and I'm hatching the egg right now. but where should I look to find the right PID frame? sorry I'm such a noob your help is greatly appreciated.

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 3:59 AM
ok so I hit the seed, mashed a, and I'm hatching the egg right now. but where should I look to find the right PID frame? sorry I'm such a noob your help is greatly appreciated.

if you match the nature, gender, ability, and IVs then you should be able to say with a good bit of certainty that the matching frame is your starting PID frame

aDactyl
17th February 2012, 4:06 AM
if you match the nature, gender, ability, and IVs then you should be able to say with a good bit of certainty that the matching frame is your starting PID frame

ok, but in the meantime, how do I calculate how many chatot status screen looks to do to even get close to my generated PID frame?

Beck
17th February 2012, 4:12 AM
ok, but in the meantime, how do I calculate how many chatot status screen looks to do to even get close to my generated PID frame?

The number of Chatot chatters you need is the difference of your SSF and yout TF.

aDactyl
17th February 2012, 4:12 AM
fail. I found the calculate initial PIDRNG frame button *facepalm* thanks for putting up with me

Too Funk to Druck
17th February 2012, 4:14 AM
fail. I found the calculate initial PIDRNG frame button *facepalm* thanks for putting up with me

It will give you an idea of where your SSF is going to be, bur for eggs, and places where there are NPCs, it won't give you your actual starting frame.

Shockking
17th February 2012, 4:15 AM
Here's all I've got right now:

I searched for the IVs and Encounter slot and heres what I've got:
IVs information: Frame: 16, IVs 31,x,31,31,31,31, Dark 70, Date---, Timer0: C7D
I know that I have found seeds C7C and C7D but I don't know which is more common... Anyways the PID information is as follow and I have no idea what to do about it...
Frame: 160, Pitch Mid(46), Encounter slot 6, PID----, Nature Timid.
So could someone please explain what I do with this information? Also is it easier with 2 Chatots?

Beck
17th February 2012, 4:16 AM

Oh, I had assumed that you knew what your IPID frame was. Either way, now it should be easier to find your SSF, then calculate how many chatters are needed to reach your TF.

And at one point in time every knowledgeable RNG abuser didn't know what they were doing, so don't sweat it! We're here to help you figure it out, it's not a process easily grasped, and the fact that you're even attempting to learn is a feat in and of itself. Stick with it! Not to mention I could recount silly stories of my own and others faults when learning; trust me when I say they were much, much more embarassing! :p

I know that I have found seeds C7C and C7D but I don't know which is more common... Anyways the PID information is as follow and I have no idea what to do about it...
So could someone please explain what I do with this information? Also is it easier with 2 Chatots?

From what I'm gathering you don't quite fully understand the IVRNG. You have a frame of 16, which, considering you start on frame 1 for the IVRNG (we're not even talking about the PIDRNG yet), you have to make 15 advances, which is unnecessary to be honest with you. I would search for a lower IVRNG frame entirely. Don't bother with seeds on IVRNG frames higher than 1. If you want easily obtainable flawless spreads then I would breed for them.

Too Funk to Druck
17th February 2012, 4:21 AM

I may be wrong, since I haven't used any seeds with an IV frame above one, but I think the PID frame is too low. It advances about 2(?) for every step, so you'll be way off.

Beck
17th February 2012, 4:23 AM
I may be wrong, since I haven't used any seeds with an IV frame above one, but I think the PID frame is too low. It advances about 2(?) for every step, so you'll be way off.

This as well. I completely forgot about the possible PIDRNG advances, but regardless any IVRNG frame above one is cumbersome to reach; I wouldn't bother, personally.

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 4:34 AM
And at one point in time every knowledgeable RNG abuser didn't know what they were doing, so don't sweat it! We're here to help you figure it out, it's not a process easily grasped, and the fact that you're even attempting to learn is a feat in and of itself. Stick with it! Not to mention I could recount silly stories of my own and others faults when learning; trust me when I say they were much, much more embarassing! :p

I once spent over 10 hours trying to breed my Magnamite before i found out (because some very nice and helpful people on this thread told me) that when you breed genderless pokemon, ditto is always the female parent. for 10 hours i had my Magnamite as the female and then not even 10 minutes after i switched and found the seed again i had my Magnamite. We have all been there too :)

This as well. I completely forgot about the possible PIDRNG advances, but regardless any IVRNG frame above one is cumbersome to reach; I wouldn't bother, personally.

unless your going for a legend with an HP or something that just stands there, then its not so bad.

Lubu195
17th February 2012, 4:44 AM
i hate getting a seed that just seems to be wrong and spending hours trying to figure it out

Shockking
17th February 2012, 4:49 AM
From what I'm gathering you don't quite fully understand the IVRNG. You have a frame of 16, which, considering you start on frame 1 for the IVRNG (we're not even talking about the PIDRNG yet), you have to make 15 advances, which is unnecessary to be honest with you. I would search for a lower IVRNG frame entirely. Don't bother with seeds on IVRNG frames higher than 1. If you want easily obtainable flawless spreads then I would breed for them.

You are probably right, I so not totally understand this stuff. But are you saying I might as well just try to learn to RNG breed?

Beck
17th February 2012, 5:01 AM
i hate getting a seed that just seems to be wrong and spending hours trying to figure it out

I still do this.

You are probably right, I so not totally understand this stuff. But are you saying I might as well just try to learn to RNG breed?

Yes and no. I havn't been paying too much attention to the thread lately, but have you successfully abused for anything yet? If so, what? If not, that's perfectly okay, too. There are easier methods to attempt, though, and I don't mind helping you build upon them to reach your goal. Let's take smaller steps and I guarantee with the perseverance you've already shown you'll master it in no time.

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 5:15 AM

like forgetting to check the ditto parent box when your using a ditto :/

well it depends. If you have some good parents i persoanlly think its best to breed. If you want a custom ball for what ever reason, you will need to catch it. But i think breeding is easier since it only involves doing between 0/150 chatot flips and no IVRNG advancements. Also, with the right parents a breeding project can take no more then 10 minutes to set up, find a seed, hit it, hatch and enjoy! But then again everyone has their choice method so its really all up to you and up to what you want to get

Shockking
17th February 2012, 5:24 AM
Yes and no. I havn't been paying too much attention to the thread lately, but have you successfully abused for anything yet? If so, what? If not, that's perfectly okay, too. There are easier methods to attempt, though, and I don't mind helping you build upon them to reach your goal. Let's take smaller steps and I guarantee with the perseverance you've already shown you'll master it in no time.

To be honest, not really. I sorta just jumped forward to try to get what I want right away. I don't really understand what I'm doing. I feel pretty stoopid but I really want to succeed... D: (you little shiny spiderz seem so far awaayy :596::595: )

Darkrai_Shadowforce
17th February 2012, 8:51 AM

Yeah, that pain.. I was like that when I'm still starting to rng. I even tried to reach one seed that has 1600+ frames and just failed. I can just facepalm..lol.

Silvershark
17th February 2012, 9:01 AM
Consistently hitting your seed makes the process sooo much faster:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/639.gif
Terrakion *shiny* Premier Ball
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Jolly | Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Justified | Type: Rock/Fighting
IV: 31/31/31/21/31/31
Moves: Helping Hand | Retaliate | Rock Slide | Sacred Sword

Caught him three times to figure out my starting frame. Once I had that, fourth time was on the money. Took three Premier Balls to catch him. Now if only pinning down the starting frame for RNG breeding a DW shiny Poliwag were so easy. XP

Anyways, thanks again to Killer Flygon for the help!

Beck
17th February 2012, 1:22 PM
To be honest, not really. I sorta just jumped forward to try to get what I want right away. I don't really understand what I'm doing. I feel pretty stoopid but I really want to succeed... D: (you little shiny spiderz seem so far awaayy :596::595: )

Then let's jump back and figure out what we're doing wrong. I am again going to assume that you have found your parameters. If that's the case then let's start with in my opinion the easiest test of RNG abuse.

As stated in the OP, there are two different RNGs: the IVRNG and the PIDRNG. We're going to start with just the IVRNG. This, as the name implies, controls the IVs of a Pokemon. So in the Time Finder, where you have been searching for all of your other seeds, we are going to search for a seed with a Min/Max of 1. No higher. Also set only 3 of your IVs to 31 (leave the rest untouched (whatever 3 you like the most, at this point it doesn't matter)). Now, what this will do is guarantee that you get an seed, as your set criteria is not as restricting. Choose a seed that you like with an easy time to hit (I would recommend anything with seconds higher than 15) and hit the seed. For all intents and purposes, right now, it does not matter where you do this (because we're not abusing for any specific Pokemon yet and we're not trying to control the PIDRNG). But if I could suggest one place, try this at the top floor of Victory Road (top cave floor). Why? Because there are no RNPCs.

While this may be a lot to take in, it is not difficult to execute. Just hit your chosen seed's time and enter the game. Keep the C-Gear off and Sweet Scent immediately. You will encounter a Pokemon, catch it. Once caught, if the Pokemon has 31's in the stats you set, then you've hit your seed! Try again a few times, just testing your seed hitting abilities. Once you've accomplished this, within Victory Road you can try to abuse your PIDRNG as well. But for right now let's just focus on IVRNG abuse.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

Vandslaux
17th February 2012, 2:05 PM
If you're using Eon Timer, you should be starting whenever Eon Timer tells you to. With a higher delay, you're likely to need to start before 21:59.

It says 0 minutes before target.

Also, I can very nearly hit my delay, but I'm getting nothing plausible. Why? I'm saved with the Coin Flip app on, and in front of Oak.

Too Funk to Druck
17th February 2012, 2:37 PM
It says 0 minutes before target.

Also, I can very nearly hit my delay, but I'm getting nothing plausible. Why? I'm saved with the Coin Flip app on, and in front of Oak.

Have you updated the timer with the delay you hit? Also, in the Seed to Time finder window, set the delay to +/- 99. Chances are, you'll be off.

Killer_Flygon
17th February 2012, 2:39 PM
i hate getting a seed that just seems to be wrong and spending hours trying to figure it outI get that as well, though I usually make sort all the important info is placed on the main window before RNGing.

Anyways, thanks again to Killer Flygon for the help!Congratulation on RNG'ing your first shiny. Glad I was as much as help to you as I can.

Vandslaux
17th February 2012, 2:57 PM
Oh, I have it on +/- 999.

And I just figured out that I can change my date to Feb. 22, 2655 to change the delay to 616 :) You can't see the date anyway if I switch it back before I send it to BW.

EDIT: DS Lite only goes up to 2099 :/

I'm getting off results because it's coming up with the first thing that has that sequence, and a unique sequence from a pool of 2 isn't very unique?

And I'm getting consistently even delays, and my target delay is odd, so will I need to switch it to 2013?

Edit: I hit 1269. My target delay is 1259. :/

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 3:13 PM
And I'm getting consistently even delays, and my target delay is odd, so will I need to switch it to 2013?
To hit odd delays when your delays are even in DPPt, simply insert (or remove) a GBA cartridge into your DS.

Edit: I hit 1269. My target delay is 1259. :/
It's good to see that you're not far off. You should hit it very shortly.

Vandslaux
17th February 2012, 3:19 PM
Unless you can use the Game Pak slot thing that comes with the DS Lite, I don't have a GBA game.

And should I change my year so my target delay matches a delay I'm hitting a lot? I'm hitting 1170 and 1269 ALOT.

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 3:28 PM
Unless you can use the Game Pak slot thing that comes with the DS Lite, I don't have a GBA game.

And should I change my year so my target delay matches a delay I'm hitting a lot? I'm hitting 1170 and 1269 ALOT.
You can't be hitting both 1270 and 1269 (I presume that was a typo), as you can only hit either odd or even delays in DPPt. If you figure out which one you're definitely hitting, then yes, change your year.

Schro
17th February 2012, 6:01 PM
Okay at the risk of sounding like a complete noob at this, I am finding getting the IVs I want extremally difficult.

I am using pprng, I have used the parameter finder on wild encounters to get my parameters which are Timer0 C7B C7C Vcount 60 Vfame 6

I search with the wondercard seed searcher, so I can get a hex flawless mewtwo. I hit the right time, and since I am parked next to the delivery guy I click straight away. Yet I can never seem to get it the pokemon i want.

Does it mean I need to do something else? the PID says start 54 frm 87 on one of the seeds.

Sorry I do not mean to sound stupid, but I can not find much on doing wondercards....

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 6:03 PM
Okay at the risk of sounding like a complete noob at this, I am finding getting the IVs I want extremally difficult.

I am using pprng, I have used the parameter finder on wild encounters to get my parameters which are Timer0 C7B C7C Vcount 60 Vfame 6

I search with the wondercard seed searcher, so I can get a hex flawless mewtwo. I hit the right time, and since I am parked next to the delivery guy I click straight away. Yet I can never seem to get it the pokemon i want.

Does it mean I need to do something else? the PID says start 54 frm 87 on one of the seeds.

Sorry I do not mean to sound stupid, but I can not find much on doing wondercards....

You will need to advance you PID in order to get the right IVs. If your starting frame is 54 and your target frame is 87 you will need to do about 33 chatot flips

Schro
17th February 2012, 6:12 PM
do you have to have a chatot? as i have not seen one on dream world yet =/

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 6:17 PM
Yes. You need to view the summary of a Chatot with a custom cry (through Chatter). It's better to have two since then you can flip between the two summaries. This advances the PIDRNG frame. You're very close to your target. All you have to do now is hit your time and view Chatot summaries.

Beck
17th February 2012, 6:20 PM

To advance the PIDRNG (which yes, you need to do in this case) you have three options. You can walk to advance the PIDRNG, but because of other wandering NPCs that advance the PIDRNG randomly on their own, you cannot possibly keep track of your count, making it nearly impossible to do successfully (in this case). You can Save, which advances the PIDRNG by one for each save. Or like mentioned above you can use Chatot's chatter. The later is the most efficient option, but if you cannot obtain one then saving always works.

In the end, though, taking the time to obtain a Chatot or two is worth your while.

Darkrai_Shadowforce
17th February 2012, 6:28 PM

you can just transfer two from your DPPt game. they can be found in route 222, which is west of sunyshore city in daytime.

Ryze
17th February 2012, 8:16 PM
Just hatched my first RNG breed, going to try some shiny hatches after this guy:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/443.gif
Gible | Poke Ball
OT: Tallis | ID No.: 57476 | Nature: Adamant | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Sand Veil | Type: Dragon/Ground
Hatched: Battle Subway | At: 2/17/2012
IV: 31/31/31/24/31/31
Moves: Dragon Claw | Outrage | Stone Edge | Earthquake

The Eleventh
17th February 2012, 8:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OyOSS.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/5XyHG.png
Cian | 09100 | N/A
Modest | Pressure | Spear Pillar
Roar of Time | AncientPower | Dragon Pulse | Stealth Rock
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

At last, I have something to show for my Diamond save file. Still, it's nothing too impressive. I'll be working on the other legendaries as soon as I finish the game, including the one I RNGed my ID/SID specially for. I love legends with a catch rate of 45. :D It's ridiculous that Dialga doesn't learn Dragon Pulse through level-up, but whatever.

Oh, and as for the ball choice: I know it appears to be a strange choice, but I think the animation actually works quite well with Dialga.

AquaRegisteel
17th February 2012, 9:35 PM
^That's a good job that has been well done. I would love to RNG on the 4th Gen actually...need to get my SS completed.

Shockking
17th February 2012, 10:26 PM
So in the Time Finder, where you have been searching for all of your other seeds, we are going to search for a seed with a Min/Max of 1. No higher. Also set only 3 of your IVs to 31 (leave the rest untouched (whatever 3 you like the most, at this point it doesn't matter)). Now, what this will do is guarantee that you get an seed, as your set criteria is not as restricting. Choose a seed that you like with an easy time to hit (I would recommend anything with seconds higher than 15) and hit the seed. For all intents and purposes, right now, it does not matter where you do this (because we're not abusing for any specific Pokemon yet and we're not trying to control the PIDRNG). But if I could suggest one place, try this at the top floor of Victory Road (top cave floor). Why? Because there are no RNPCs.

While this may be a lot to take in, it is not difficult to execute. Just hit your chosen seed's time and enter the game. Keep the C-Gear off and Sweet Scent immediately. You will encounter a Pokemon, catch it. Once caught, if the Pokemon has 31's in the stats you set, then you've hit your seed! Try again a few times, just testing your seed hitting abilities.

So I tried that, found an easy frame 1 31/31/x/x/x/31 seed. It didn't work, so I tried another one. That didn't work so I changed the Timer0 Reporter was using to my other one I've seen. I couldn't hit any of those seeds either, so I redid the calibration. It gave me the Timer0 value is was using at first so I found another seed and once again it failed. What the heck could I be doing wrong? By the way, Cheren is standing in that cave in Victory Road, but he's standing still so that shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm starting to get really frustrated...

Beck
17th February 2012, 10:27 PM
Cian | 09100 | N/A

At last, I have something to show for my Diamond save file. Still, it's nothing too impressive. I'll be working on the other legendaries as soon as I finish the game, including the one I RNGed my ID/SID specially for. I love legends with a catch rate of 45. :D It's ridiculous that Dialga doesn't learn Dragon Pulse through level-up, but whatever.

Oh, and as for the ball choice: I know it appears to be a strange choice, but I think the animation actually works quite well with Dialga.

Coming from someone who cannot 4th Gen. RNG, that is impressive. Way to go!

AquaRegisteel
17th February 2012, 10:32 PM
I need help with trying to RNG the event Mewtwo.

I am trying to aim for a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 one.

Can someone teach me step-by-step on how to do it please? I have wanted to do this RNGing since months ago...

Just found this absolute monster of a spread:

Full Seed: ADFBD8E77B50120F
Frame: 58
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/26/31/31/30/31
Hidden Power Type: Ghost
Power: 70
Date/Time: 5th June 2012 18:12:33
Timer0: 12BC
Keypresses: A-Select

Changed a couple of of things for my benefit, but what do you think, and what do i do now?

TDawg
17th February 2012, 11:42 PM

Can someone teach me step-by-step on how to do it please? I have wanted to do this RNGing since months ago...

Changed a couple of of things for my benefit, but what do you think, and what do i do now?

Why not get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 seed?

AquaRegisteel
17th February 2012, 11:43 PM
Ugh, can't be bothered, and I'll have to finish up tomorrow as I need to go to bed =P

It's good enough for me, so it'll suffice. What should I do now that I have the right seed?

dewey911p
17th February 2012, 11:51 PM
So I tried that, found an easy frame 1 31/31/x/x/x/31 seed. It didn't work, so I tried another one. That didn't work so I changed the Timer0 Reporter was using to my other one I've seen. I couldn't hit any of those seeds either, so I redid the calibration. It gave me the Timer0 value is was using at first so I found another seed and once again it failed. What the heck could I be doing wrong? By the way, Cheren is standing in that cave in Victory Road, but he's standing still so that shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm starting to get really frustrated...

well dont give up after one try, you have to keep trying to hit you seed. the reason your aiming for IVs only is to get practice hitting a seed. If you keep trying you should be able to nail it. For the Timer0 use what ever one came up more often when you were calibration.

Cian | 09100 | N/A

nice job :) I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, with 4th Gen RNG does shiny spreads depend on your ID/SID combo? I will be learning 4th gen RNG soon (if the god damn Tornadus ever cooperates with me) and i want to get all of the legends with a shiny flawless spread under my OT. So then should the first thing i RNG be my ID/SID combo? and if so, is there any combo that will get me all of the legendarys as shiny flawless?

well, before we can help you it would be good to know how much you know about RNGing. You found your parameters, thats a good start, you go a nice seed so were going smooth, but what else do you know after that? have you RNGed anything before and this is just your first wondercard RNG (if so then its just simple PIDRNG advancements) or is this going to be the first RNG you ever did?

TDawg
18th February 2012, 12:03 AM
nice job :) I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, with 4th Gen RNG does shiny spreads depend on your ID/SID combo? I will be learning 4th gen RNG soon (if the god damn Tornadus ever cooperates with me) and i want to get all of the legends with a shiny flawless spread under my OT. So then should the first thing i RNG be my ID/SID combo? and if so, is there any combo that will get me all of the legendarys as shiny flawless?

Yes it is. and Yeah you should RNG your ID/SID as its way harder to find good shiny seeds in 4th Gen. Uhm there are no special combos I am pretty sure. But Timid RNGs Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Heatran

Beck
18th February 2012, 12:14 AM

Now this is going to be tedious, but to gain a better understanding of what is going wrong, could you describe step by step what you're doing for me? Either that or provide screends of the proccess. I have a general idea of what could be going on but I need some more detail. Thanks, and don't worry, we'll figure this out!

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 1:16 AM
well, before we can help you it would be good to know how much you know about RNGing. You found your parameters, thats a good start, you go a nice seed so were going smooth, but what else do you know after that? have you RNGed anything before and this is just your first wondercard RNG (if so then its just simple PIDRNG advancements) or is this going to be the first RNG you ever did?

It will be my very first RNG.

I know that there are c-gear and non-c-gear methods, I also know how to find seeds. I haven't got much else really, but I don't know what i need to after I hit my seed with the keypresses.

BTW, I have the chatots I need as well.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 2:27 AM
Well I've been trying again just to see what is up. Still, I came off calibration with C7C as my timer0. I got an easy frame 1 seed but once again the pokemon was not the desired one. I decided to check something. I right clicked the seed and opened 'find adjacent seeds'. I then put in the other Timer0 value that has been far less common and Voila! a seed appeared with that Timer0 value at the exact same time as the seed I was trying to hit with the IVs I had gotten. Even though that Timer0 value has seemed less common should I just try using it from now on?
Edit: I tried a few using my other timer0 to find seeds (my less common one is C7D). I used one of them and again unsuccessful... :( In adjacent seeds it says that I hit a seed with my OTHER timer0 (C7C)!!? Its like the game knows what I'm trying to do and is screwing me over.... what... the.... heck do I do?..................

Beck
18th February 2012, 3:05 AM
Well I've been trying again just to see what is up. Still, I came off calibration with C7C as my timer0. I got an easy frame 1 seed but once again the pokemon was not the desired one. I decided to check something. I right clicked the seed and opened 'find adjacent seeds'. I then put in the other Timer0 value that has been far less common and Voila! a seed appeared with that Timer0 value at the exact same time as the seed I was trying to hit with the IVs I had gotten. Even though that Timer0 value has seemed less common should I just try using it from now on?
Edit: I tried a few using my other timer0 to find seeds (my less common one is C7D). I used one of them and again unsuccessful... :( In adjacent seeds it says that I hit a seed with my OTHER timer0 (C7C)!!? Its like the game knows what I'm trying to do and is screwing me over.... what... the.... heck do I do?..................

Like I've said, we'll figure this out, don't stress over it. The time you spend now will be worth it in the end. A question, though. Let's say, for example, your seed has a time of 15:17:19. You set the date, and time to 15:17:00, turn off your DS and start it again. What time do you start your game? And when it asks you if you want to start the C-Gear, what do you say?

Shockking
18th February 2012, 3:15 AM
Like I've said, we'll figure this out, don't stress over it. The time you spend now will be worth it in the end. A question, though. Let's say, for example, your seed has a time of 15:17:19. You set the date, and time to 15:17:00, turn off your DS and start it again. What time do you start your game? And when it asks you if you want to start the C-Gear, what do you say?

I would press the A button right when its 16 seconds about to change to 17s. And since I'm using non c-gear I say No... :596:

TDawg
18th February 2012, 3:19 AM
I would press the A button right when its 16 seconds about to change to 17s. And since I'm using non c-gear I say No... :596:

Correct. .

Shockking
18th February 2012, 3:21 AM
So is all that is happening my anti-luck working against me? Or is there a reason for this?

TDawg
18th February 2012, 3:27 AM
So is all that is happening my anti-luck working against me? Or is there a reason for this?

Probably some trolling with your game having fun with you and making you mad.

Darkrai_Shadowforce
18th February 2012, 3:28 AM

maybe it's really your timer0. my timer0 for black is always C7C, while my white is C7F. I also noticed most of my friends who have black has C7C with them.

perhaps you're using white version?

probably pure coincidence, but it would help to take note of it.

--
when it also shows the 'season' (like summer) when the game starts loading, do you press any button? It disrupts your seed when you press anything while it shows.

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 4:40 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/615.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.png
#615 Cryogonal [Hrimthurs]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://static.pokefarm.org/_img/misc/n.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ice
Hidden Power: Dark 70
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 31
Moves: Mist | Haze | Aurora Beam | Acid Armor

#615 Cryogonal [Niflheim]
Nature: Calm | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ice

Holy ****, these were a ***** and 3/4 to get. Seem like everything was trolling me as I was trying to get these guys. This what I get for going for the Frame 4 seed instead of pushing my computer to the very limits of it processing power to find a Frame 1 seed.

jolteon135
18th February 2012, 4:44 AM
A question, though. Let's say, for example, your seed has a time of 15:17:19. You set the date, and time to 15:17:00, turn off your DS and start it again. What time do you start your game? And when it asks you if you want to start the C-Gear, what do you say?

Correct. .
Actually that's incorrect. 15:17:19 means '19' is the seconds part so he should press A when the clock hits 18 seconds (assuming DS/DS Lite).

P.S. I know you know that TDawg but I'm not sure shockking knows that.

@shockking: When you checked the adjacent seeds, did it say you hit the correct time?

dewey911p
18th February 2012, 5:19 AM
It will be my very first RNG.

I know that there are c-gear and non-c-gear methods, I also know how to find seeds. I haven't got much else really, but I don't know what i need to after I hit my seed with the keypresses.

BTW, I have the chatots I need as well.

well this should be a nice and easy first RNG then. Find a PC with no WNPCs, like the one in the first town of the game, and save in front of the delivery man. Next, start up your game and hit your seed. Once the game loads mash X to open your menu and do the required amount of Chatot flips. iirc your target frame was 58 so it should only require a few flips. From there, find the IVs and match them to a near by PID frame. If there is no matching frame in the area then you missed your seed so try again. If you find the right IVs on a near by frame then just restart and adjust the number of Chatot flips you did. With any luck that should be it.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:21 AM
maybe it's really your timer0. my timer0 for black is always C7C, while my white is C7F. I also noticed most of my friends who have black has C7C with them.

perhaps you're using white version?

probably pure coincidence, but it would help to take note of it.

--
when it also shows the 'season' (like summer) when the game starts loading, do you press any button? It disrupts your seed when you press anything while it shows.

Yes I do press A when it says the season so I'll try not doing that. Also I am using black.

@shockking: When you checked the adjacent seeds, did it say you hit the correct time?

Yay! Maybe you will be able to help now! :) And yes since I do the same thing in calibration so it works fine for me. I am hitting the time I want.

dewey911p
18th February 2012, 5:28 AM
Yes I do press A when it says the season so I'll try not doing that. Also I am using black.

actually, once the nintendo splash screen pops up your game is already seeded (thats why you hold the key press until that screen pops up. So pressing A when the season screen pops up wont affect you seed at all and i do it all the time when RNGing with no problem. I suppose you should be aware though that it makes your game come up faster so there is a chance the WNPCs (if there is any) will move before your ready. But thats easy to fix, just hit A then mash X right away.

TDawg
18th February 2012, 5:31 AM
#615 Cryogonal [Hrimthurs]
Nature: Timid | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ice

#615 Cryogonal [Niflheim]
Nature: Calm | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ice

Holy ****, these were a ***** and 3/4 to get. Seem like everything was trolling me as I was trying to get these guys. This what I get for going for the Frame 4 seed instead of pushing my computer to the very limits of it processing power to find a Frame 1 seed.

Those are awesome. Great job.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:41 AM
Holy crap. Finally I got one. Sigh. That took wayy too long.

dewey911p
18th February 2012, 5:51 AM

congratulations! and dont worry, it only gets easier from here :)

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 6:01 AM
Holy crap. Finally I got one. Sigh. That took wayy too long.Congratz my friend, you finally one of us lol. I know that it frustrated you like all hell but with patience it will become second nature. What was you RNGing anyway?

Those are awesome. Great job.Thanks for that. Those thing were a real pain since I had to use a frame 4 seed instead of a frame 1, thus walking/turning in the cave advance the PID in weird way. My Timer0 and the seed time (06:35:02) wasn't helping me either.

Let this be a lesson to people new to this, even veteran RNG'ers have their days where everything isn't going right with them.

Vandslaux
18th February 2012, 9:22 AM
I don't really get Gen IV RNG, biggest problem being HITTING MY FREAKING DELAY. I'm using 9 beeps/visuals, delay 1258 with 2013, and I still can't get the right coin flip sequence, no matter how many times I try.

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 11:26 AM

Congratulations! RNGing is tedious, that's for sure. Now then, let's see if I can have just as much luck as you with this Mewtwo...

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 3:20 PM
I don't really get Gen IV RNG, biggest problem being HITTING MY FREAKING DELAY. I'm using 9 beeps/visuals, delay 1258 with 2013, and I still can't get the right coin flip sequence, no matter how many times I try.
Are you getting anywhere near your target delay? Keep adjusting EonTimer using the delay you hit. You should hit it eventually.

Congratulations! RNGing is tedious, that's for sure. Now then, let's see if I can have just as much luck as you with this Mewtwo...
Once you successfully RNG something, you'll find it very easy to do more. Mewtwo shouldn't cause you much difficulty, since Wonder Cards are probably the easiest form of RNG, alongside stationary Pokémon.

If I were you, I'd find a flawless (or penta-flawless) Timid seed for Mewtwo. You're putting in all this effort, so you might as well get the best possible outcome. As soon as you've found a seed, all you have to do is enter your game at the right time and flip between Chatot summaries. It's very simple, actually.

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 4:30 PM
I think I'm getting a bit off with hitting my seed...

I get a Modest Mewtwo with 31/28/30-31/30-31/31/31 instead of a Timid one with the spread on the last page, but that's down to me being inaccurate. I am slightly confused about calculating how many Chatter advancements I require, but I saw that there was a 'sum' to calculate it somewhere...

Shockking
18th February 2012, 4:32 PM
Congratz my friend, you finally one of us lol. I know that it frustrated you like all hell but with patience it will become second nature. What was you RNGing anyway?

It was just a stupid Boldore that I got 31/31/31/x/31/31. I didn't save with it. Now I know that I can hit my seed and what's happening when I'm not, so I can move on to bigger things.

Yeah. I think Imma go for that Mewtwo now too! :) Good luck to both of us!

I don't really understand PIDRNG... I need someone to explain what I do now if I want that flawless Timid Mewtwo. :)

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 4:57 PM
I don't really understand PIDRNG... I need someone to explain what I do now if I want that flawless Timid Mewtwo. :)
You've already mastered IVRNG, which determines the IVs of a Pokémon. This is simply done by hitting a certain time. To RNG a Pokémon's gender, nature, shininess and ability, you must abuse the PIDRNG. This is usually done through to viewing the summary of a Chatot with a custom cry. This action advances the PIDRNG by one frame.

To successfully abuse the PIDRNG, you must first copy your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter. Select the method you desire and then paste your seed. Click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" A number will appear in the Starting Frame box. Click "Generate". This will cause a list to appear with details of Pokémon that will appear on each PIDRNG frame. This allows you abuse for natures, genders, etc..

If you wanted to capture a flawless Timid Litwick in the Celestial Tower, then you'd have to search for Litwick's encounter slots using this page (http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html) (for White versions; change "White" to "Black" in the URL for Black versions). On the fifth floor, Litwick appears in all even encounter slots and zero. You can now search through the list in the main window of RNG Reporter for frames with those encounter slots, as well as for those which have a Timid nature. Once you've chosen one (let's take 90 as an example), subtract your starting frame (taking 50 in this example). You'd then have to view Chatot's summary 40 times to hit frame 90, which would give you a Timid Litwick (you'd hit your IVRNG frame as normal, then view the summaries). It helps to have two Chatot, since then you can flip between the two summaries.

You should note that in certain areas, there are WNPCs, who will advances your PIDRNG frame, giving you a different starting frame to the one in RNG Reporter. You'll have to figure out the starting frame yourself for places like these. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

I get a Modest Mewtwo with 31/28/30-31/30-31/31/31 instead of a Timid one with the spread on the last page, but that's down to me being inaccurate. I am slightly confused about calculating how many Chatter advancements I require, but I saw that there was a 'sum' to calculate it somewhere...
Wonder Card RNGing is essentially just PIDRNG. As I said above, you need to figure out your starting frame, by doing the same process I mentioned. Again, subtract your starting frame from the target frame (the one given in the Time Finder in your case). This is how many times you need to view Chatot's summary. Some Pokémon Centers have WNPCs, so make sure you're in one that doesn't (Victory Road comes to mind).

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:10 PM
You've already mastered IVRNG, which determines the IVs of a Pokémon. This is simply done by hitting a certain time. To RNG a Pokémon's gender, nature, shininess and ability, you must abuse the PIDRNG. This is usually done through to viewing the summary of a Chatot with a custom cry. This action advances the PIDRNG by one frame.

To successfully abuse the PIDRNG, you must first copy your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter. Select the method you desire and then paste your seed. Click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" A number will appear in the Starting Frame box. Click "Generate". This will cause a list to appear with details of Pokémon that will appear on each PIDRNG frame. This allows you abuse for natures, genders, etc..

If you wanted to capture a flawless Timid Litwick in the Celestial Tower, then you'd have to search for Litwick's encounter slots using this page (http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html) (for White versions; change "White" to "Black" in the URL for Black versions). On the fifth floor, Litwick appears in all even encounter slots and zero. You can now search through the list in the main window of RNG Reporter for frames with those encounter slots, as well as for those which have a Timid nature. Once you've chosen one (let's take 90 as an example), subtract your starting frame (taking 50 in this example). You'd then have to view Chatot's summary 40 times to hit frame 90, which would give you a Timid Litwick (you'd hit your IVRNG frame as normal, then view the summaries). It helps to have two Chatot, since then you can flip between the two summaries.

You should note that in certain areas, there are WNPCs, who will advances your PIDRNG frame, giving you a different starting frame to the one in RNG Reporter. You'll have to figure out the starting frame yourself for places like these. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Wonder Card RNGing is essentially just PIDRNG. As I said above, you need to figure out your starting frame, by doing the same process I mentioned. Again, subtract your starting frame from the target frame (the one given in the Time Finder in your case). This is how many times you need to view Chatot's summary. Some Pokémon Centers have WNPCs, so make sure you're in one that doesn't (Victory Road comes to mind).

Yay this seems a crapload easier than I expected. But why do you say Wondercard is just PID? What about the stats?

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 5:16 PM
Yay this seems a crapload easier than I expected. But why do you say Wondercard is just PID? What about the stats?IV and PID share the same seed for Wondercard. It's more like how 4th gen handled the PID and IV frame, except without needing to hit delays.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:18 PM
IV and PID share the same seed for Wondercard.

Please elaborate... and is the Mewtwo a GLAN Wondercard or just normal Wondercard?

Someone answerrrr

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 5:27 PM
Please elaborate... and is the Mewtwo a GLAN Wondercard or just normal Wondercard?Use the Normal Wondercard option for the Mewtwo. Now when using Standard Seed abuse you learn that the IV Frame and the PID Frame are separate things, so you're not restrained by nature when RNG'ing a certain IV spread . Wondercard abuse is different as the IVs are based off of the PIDRNG frame, thus when searching for a certain nature it will also be with a certain IV spread.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:37 PM
Use the Normal Wondercard option for the Mewtwo. Now when using Standard Seed abuse you learn that the IV Frame and the PID Frame are separate things, so you're not restrained by nature when RNG'ing a certain IV spread . Wondercard abuse is different as the IVs are based off of the PIDRNG frame, thus when searching for a certain nature it will also be with a certain IV spread.

Okay. In time finder I can't seem to find a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid seed in all of 2012. Should I look in other years? Or did I put some information in wrong?