PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 4:43 PM
Okay. In time finder I can't seem to find a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid seed in all of 2012. Should I look in other years? Or did I put some information in wrong?Without a screenshot I can't tell you much, but depending on what verison of RNG Reporter you have you can search multiple months at a give time. Did you select Timid within the nature option and your Min/Max frame advancements?

Shockking
18th February 2012, 4:48 PM
Without a screenshot I can't tell you much, but depending on what verison of RNG Reporter you have you can search multiple months at a give time. Did you select Timid within the nature option and your Min/Max frame advancements?

Yes I selected Timid, I just left min/max advancements blank, but if its PIDRNG should I even be using Time Finder, or just using the RNG reporter main screen?

And look guyz, i lvled uppppp :) ;026;

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 4:54 PM
Yes I selected Timid, I just left min/max advancements blank, but if its PIDRNG should I even be using Time Finder, or just using the RNG reporter main screen?I believe I found your problem. You need to add your Min/Max number of frame advancements when searching Wondercard/Egg seeds. Between 1 and 99 should be okay.

You should be using the Time Finder to find your seed, and the main screen when frame advancements.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 4:55 PM
I believe I found your problem. You need to add your Min/Max number of frame advancements when searching Wondercard/Egg seeds. Between 0 and 99 should be okay.

You should be using the Time Finder to find your seed, and the main screen when frame advancements.

So its just PID advancement right? I can put something like 1-50, right?

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 5:01 PM
Right, I think I'm doing something wrong.

I have the seed, so I adjust my DSi's time to get ready to hit the seed. I hit it, but here's where I feel like I'm messing up. I do the Chatter advancements as soon as I get past the season screen. I feel like that's what I shouldn't be doing, or am I right?

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 5:03 PM
So its just PID advancement right? I can put something like 1-50, right?Yes, though the Min/Max advances area is mostly asking you how many frame advancements are you willing to do. It doesn't always mean you would need to do 50 chatters to hit your seed just that it's within 50 chatters limit you put on yourself.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:07 PM
Yes, though the Min/Max advances area is mostly asking you how many frame advancements are you willing to do. It doesn't always mean you would need to do 50 chatters to hit your seed just that it's within 50 chatters limit you put on yourself.

I set it to max advancements 50 and finally found one. It was at frame 92 though, isn't that 52 advancements...?

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 5:21 PM
I set it to max advancements 50 and finally found one. It was at frame 92 though, isn't that 52 advancements...?
Find your starting frame in the main window of RNG Reporter as I described before. Then, subtract that from 92. Hit your seed, then do the number of advances required.

I have the seed, so I adjust my DSi's time to get ready to hit the seed. I hit it, but here's where I feel like I'm messing up. I do the Chatter advancements as soon as I get past the season screen. I feel like that's what I shouldn't be doing, or am I right?
No, that's fine.

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 5:24 PM
Oh yeah, I also get the Mewtwo straight after I have done the advancements without restarting and rehitting my seed. Is that what I should be doing? or do I have to rehit my seed to get it done?

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:26 PM
Yes yes yes! Success!

http://lurkersdatabase.kthxbai.org/images/d/d3/Mewtwo.pnghttp://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/berryitem/cherish-ballitem.png
#150 | Mewtwo | OT: FEB2012
Timid | HP: Dark 70
31/31/31/31/31/31
Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball

:) Now finally, I'm ready for my spiderr :596:

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 5:27 PM
Well done! That's a good job, and I shouldn't be too far behind you hopefully.

Shockking
18th February 2012, 5:29 PM
Well done! That's a good job, and I shouldn't be too far behind you hopefully.

Yeah, Thanks! Good luck! I know its confusing but if I'm any example, you can do it!

Killer_Flygon
18th February 2012, 5:35 PM
Congratulation Shockking you did it. Now that you got your Mewtwo your ready for bigger things. Best of luck to you on your spider.

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 5:39 PM
Oh yeah, I also get the Mewtwo straight after I have done the advancements without restarting and rehitting my seed. Is that what I should be doing? or do I have to rehit my seed to get it done?
Yes, that's what you should be doing. Hit your seed, do the required advances, and receive Mewtwo.

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 5:40 PM
OK, I should be able to get it done now. Thanks for clearing it up SS, and thanks for the help!

Beck
18th February 2012, 6:26 PM
Yeah, Thanks! Good luck! I know its confusing but if I'm any example, you can do it!

Way to go, S! Galvantula should be easy! Good luck!

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 6:28 PM
Well, he's pretty much one of you now. I just need to nail my Mewtwo, then I can say that I might just be one of the many RNGers...

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 6:33 PM
Ok so I'm back with further questions. So about a week and a half ago, I was here with questions on how to get my flawless Ditto, as that was my first RNG project. After accomplishing that, I feel like I have a pretty firm grasp on standard abuse. So now I want to move onto RNG breeding. This seems like it should be easy enough, but it seems like I'm doing something wrong. First off, all of the guides that I've found refer to older versions of RNG reporter, so that's the first place I get confused. So the setup in this picture's pretty much what I've been doing:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/rnghelp.png

So I'm aiming for a HP Ice Power 70 Timid Mareep, so these seeds should be what I'm looking for right? so then, for example I'll use the seed that i have highlighted in the pic. So I copy and paste that into the main window, make sure to select BW Breeding, generate my starting frame and get results that look like this:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/RNGhelp2.png

So theoretically I should just have to look at chatot summaries like 30ish times to get the right nature, and make sure that the inheritances are right, right? That's what I would have thought, so I keep getting the egg (I get the whole save in front of dood with egg and open menu as quick as possible, and accept egg as quickly as possible + hatch it to get shifted frame or wev) but whenever I get them, it would seem that my Ivs are never right (I've been verifying with the Battle Subway guy). like, for example, on the most recent one I did, I got 3 random perfect IVs, but definitely not 531s and a 30 like it should have been. So yeah, I dunno if I'm just using the Time Finder wrong for Breeding, or what, but that's my predicament. Any help would be appreciated~

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 6:45 PM
-Snip-
You're doing everything perfectly, from what I can see. Did the nature you hatched match up with the one in RNG Reporter? The WNPCs on Route 3 will increase your starting frame by a few frames (2-5), so make sure you're taking note of them.

However, I think your problem may lie elsewhere. I believe there's a problem with RNG Reporter 9.94 which swaps around the Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed stats.

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 7:19 PM
You're doing everything perfectly, from what I can see. Did the nature you hatched match up with the one in RNG Reporter? The WNPCs on Route 3 will increase your starting frame by a few frames (2-5), so make sure you're taking note of them.

However, I think your problem may lie elsewhere. I believe there's a problem with RNG Reporter 9.94 which swaps around the Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed stats.

Hm, I don't believe so, but I haven't actually tried RNGing with the info in the pics, so I'll use that seed, and see if I can get it.

I'll edit with results shortly~

EDIT:
Okay, so I tried hitting that seed, and did no chatot advancements to attempt just finding the starting frame and stuff. So I hatched the mareep, it came out with Timid Nature (which was everstone'd) and flawless attack and def, and nothing else. So is this just me obviously not hitting the seed right, or is there something else going on here?

Darkrai_Shadowforce
18th February 2012, 7:37 PM
I'm RNGing a cobalion. Is it possible to get my target shiny frame with the desired IVs I want?

the desired Ivs I want is 31/30/30/31/31/31 (HP:ice 70) but it's in frame 6..

my initial starting frame for shiny PID is 47, and the shiny frame is at 213.

Thing is, the pid frame advances by 2 when you move or turn inside caves right?
but the only way to advance the IV RNG is by walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party which is okay.

But when I do that, PID will advance to 256 frames (128 frames to advance my IV RNG to frame 6 x 2), not accounting the initial starting frame, which will total to 303 frames; off way beyond my target shiny frame.

So in conclusion:

is it impossible to do a Target frame 6 /nearby shiny frame 213? :/

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 7:42 PM
is it impossible to do a Target frame 6 /nearby shiny frame 213? :/
Yes, for the reason you stated.

Darkrai_Shadowforce
18th February 2012, 7:44 PM
Yes, for the reason you stated.

This blows.

btw thanks for the confirmation. :)

I'll just try my luck on finding a 1 frame with those IVs... if lady luck will guide me..

or worse, a higher shiny target frame...

pwnswitchclik
18th February 2012, 7:51 PM
Has anyone been having trouble in hitting the desired seed in 'Reporter 9.94 Beta?

I did everything like I usually do, I hit my seed at the right time with the right keypresses and all, and then I go to find my actual starting frame and the result of such shows that I hit the wrong seed. I changed my Timer0 to C7E and attempted several times for the same pokemon and failed on all of them. Any other possibilities of what I'm doing wrong?

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 8:00 PM
Has anyone been having trouble in hitting the desired seed in 'Reporter 9.94 Beta?

I did everything like I usually do, I hit my seed at the right time with the right keypresses and all, and then I go to find my actual starting frame and the result of such shows that I hit the wrong seed. I changed my Timer0 to C7E and attempted several times for the same pokemon and failed on all of them. Any other possibilities of what I'm doing wrong?

This is somewhat similar to my issue as mentioned at the bottom of the previous page. I'm attempting RNG Breeding, and though I seem to be hitting the seed (blah blah date and time, no key presses) I haven't been getting the right IVs, even suggesting I landed on the wrong frame :/

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 8:02 PM
There was a problem similar to this in previous alpha versions of 9.94, but I thought the problem had been fixed in 9.94 Beta. (The initial frame was calculated incorrectly by RNG Reporter.)

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 8:15 PM
So, using the same seed both times with no advancements I got:

1- Right nature, flawless attack and def

2-Right nature, flawless Hp and Sp Def

So I must just be hitting the seed wrong? date is 2/3/12 time 4:16:24 and my delay is 1 sec so I've been hitting it at 23 secs, no button presses. If I'm off, it must just be by the tiniest margin

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 8:20 PM
So, using the same seed both times with no advancements I got:

1- Right nature, flawless attack and def

2-Right nature, flawless Hp and Sp Def

So I must just be hitting the seed wrong? date is 2/3/12 time 4:16:24 and my delay is 1 sec so I've been hitting it at 23 secs, no button presses. If I'm off, it must just be by the tiniest margin
Do those match up anywhere near your starting frame in RNG Reporter?

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 8:39 PM
Do those match up anywhere near your starting frame in RNG Reporter?

I just did a third one which matched up with the second one (The seed was verified with the same patch of grass moving on route 3). After realizing that I was derping out, I realized that the frame I hit at first wont necessarily have my wanted IVs. However, even after checking the baby's IVs, I see that it had to have inherited the speed stat from the dad (Ampharos), Hp from either parent, and the Sp Def from the ditto. The only frame that even relatively matches up with this is 35 frames away from the supposed starting frame, and though the inheritance matches up,the nature doesn't

The Eleventh
18th February 2012, 8:45 PM
I just did a third one which matched up with the second one (The seed was verified with the same patch of grass moving on route 3). After realizing that I was derping out, I realized that the frame I hit at first wont necessarily have my wanted IVs. However, even after checking the baby's IVs, I see that it had to have inherited the speed stat from the dad (Ampharos), Hp from either parent, and the Sp Def from the ditto. The only frame that even relatively matches up with this is 35 frames away from the supposed starting frame, and though the inheritance matches up,the nature doesn't
Well, remember that the seed will also account for the IVs that are not inherited. From the images you posted before, I can tell that the seed has an IV spread of x/31/x/x/31/30. Keep that in mind as you determine which frame you hit. Some of those IVs will be overwritten by the IVs inherited from the parents.

Vandslaux
18th February 2012, 8:53 PM
Are you getting anywhere near your target delay? Keep adjusting EonTimer using the delay you hit. You should hit it eventually.

Once you successfully RNG something, you'll find it very easy to do more. Mewtwo shouldn't cause you much difficulty, since Wonder Cards are probably the easiest form of RNG, alongside stationary Pokémon.

If I were you, I'd find a flawless (or penta-flawless) Timid seed for Mewtwo. You're putting in all this effort, so you might as well get the best possible outcome. As soon as you've found a seed, all you have to do is enter your game at the right time and flip between Chatot summaries. It's very simple, actually.

So I should enter the delay I hit whenever I get close? And I'm getting about 20-40 off on average.

AquaRegisteel
18th February 2012, 8:56 PM
One little tidbit I think that may be important in deciding when to hit my seed:

When I change the time on a DSi, do I have to set the time so it's the same as the real time, or do I have to set it to one second before? And lastly, do I start the game up one second before the actual seed time?

Vandslaux
18th February 2012, 8:58 PM
I believe there's a problem with RNG Reporter 9.94 which swaps around the Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed stats.

That's correct. I remember when I was doing my Machop, I was using a random Machop and a flawless Ditto, and it, according to the seed, inherited Speed from the Machop. I chose a dif. seed. There were also several other seeds like this.

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 9:02 PM
Well, remember that the seed will also account for the IVs that are not inherited. From the images you posted before, I can tell that the seed has an IV spread of x/31/x/x/31/30. Keep that in mind as you determine which frame you hit. Some of those IVs will be overwritten by the IVs inherited from the parents.
Oh,okay, so the x's are the ones that the parents are passing down on the selected frame, so the game's only looking to fill the 31/31/30 right? I think I get it...

but like the parents I'm using are a 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto as the female, and a 31 / 19 / 31 / 29 / 1 / 12 Ampharos for the male, with the everstone. I used metal kid's calc to determine the baby's IVs to be 31 / 8 / 12 / 12 / 31 / 12, which is what led me to believe the Ma/Fe Hp, Fe Sp Def, and Ma Speed inheritance. Unless I'm just completely off in my assumptions, which is totally possible as well XD

Vandslaux
18th February 2012, 9:58 PM
IMO, it's not really necessary to check their exact IVs. As long as the right 31's from the Judge are passed down, it has the right characteristic, ability, and nature, it's usually the right frame.

HL, you're doing the following, right?

Go into game 1 sec before, holding keypresses if any until Nintendo logo
Don't turn on C-Gear
Mash X as the Seasons message fades
Press B and mash A to collect the egg

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 10:36 PM
IMO, it's not really necessary to check their exact IVs. As long as the right 31's from the Judge are passed down, it has the right characteristic, ability, and nature, it's usually the right frame.

HL, you're doing the following, right?

Go into game 1 sec before, holding keypresses if any until Nintendo logo
Don't turn on C-Gear
Mash X as the Seasons message fades
Press B and mash A to collect the egg

Indeed I am. I started making a table of values, and the results are completely inconsistent with what RNG reporter tells me:

Advances | Nature | Flawless Ivs | Gender
0 Timid HP Sp Def F
1 Timid Attack F
2 Timid HP, Attack, Sp Def F

Should I maybe just try using a different seed at this point? I noticed that when I was capturing my flawless ditto there were 2 seeds that came up, and I was only able to actually hit 1 of them. so maybe that's the issue.

Vandslaux
18th February 2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I actually get that a lot. When I try a dif. seed, I seem to be able to easily hit it. For example, when I was hatching my shiny Frillish, I tried one seed, but then I got frustrated, tried a dif. seed the next day, easy.

Poketmonsta0310
18th February 2012, 11:01 PM
After a very long break in RNGing, I've come back to RNG all the recent events (: I have done Victini and Mewtwo both with the IV's and nature I want. While I know this isn't a trade thread, but is there anybody who would be willing to trade a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid Arceus for a flawless hasty Arceus?

Shockking
18th February 2012, 11:30 PM
What you guys are talking about, like hitting a seed but ending up with the wrong results then it working with another seed just fine sounds like what was happening to me. What it turned out to be (it could be something totally different but don't rule this out) that after going through multiple calibrations I found that I had 2 possible timer0. When I tried to hit a seed I would do everything right but not get it so I opened up the adjacent frames tab and inputted my other timer0 value in either the min/max timer0 and voila, the seed I was hitting was the same time but wrong timer0. You should chack if thats whats happening for you

Rhonder
18th February 2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! Changing the seed did the trick, I'll be sure to try that sooner in the future. With that, I was able to make this beauty~:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/179.png http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Mareep | Static | Timid | ♀
31/31/31/31/31/30
Hidden Power: Ice Power 70

Vandslaux
19th February 2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the help everyone! Changing the seed did the trick, I'll be sure to try that sooner in the future. With that, I was able to make this beauty~:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/179.png http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Mareep | Static | Timid | ♀
31/31/31/31/31/30
Hidden Power: Ice Power 70

Congrats my clanmate :) It gets easier with practice. I remember when I was absolutely frustrated with RNGing my Victini, then I did the recent Mewtwo event in a few minutes.

Shockking
19th February 2012, 5:26 AM
How should I go about finding a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Shiny Joltik spread? I tried finding IV seeds and then searching for only shiny PID fames that matched my requirements but the shiny ones had frames in the thousands or tens of thousands.. What should I do?

jolteon135
19th February 2012, 5:41 AM
How should I go about finding a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Shiny Joltik spread? I tried finding IV seeds and then searching for only shiny PID fames that matched my requirements but the shiny ones had frames in the thousands or tens of thousands.. What should I do?

Check "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder and set max advances to whatever you feel comfortable doing (I'd choose between 300-500).

P.S. It's way easier to find shiny breeding seeds than to find shiny wild seeds so breeding is usually the faster way of obtaining shinies.

Shockking
19th February 2012, 6:09 AM
Check "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder and set max advances to whatever you feel comfortable doing (I'd choose between 300-500).

P.S. It's way easier to find shiny breeding seeds than to find shiny wild seeds so breeding is usually the faster way of obtaining shinies.

Thanks, I'm gonna try breeding soon but I wanna get some regular ones first. :) :596:

By the way, when should you start holding your held buttons?

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 6:41 AM
Thanks, I'm gonna try breeding soon but I wanna get some regular ones first. :) :596:

after you hit the A button to load the game you quickly move to holding your button. Hold it until the nintendo splash screen pops up then you should be good. I would go with one key press until you can successfully hit your seed and then, if you want to, you can add more. Personally, for breeding i never use more then one key press myself, but everyone has their own preference

Silvershark
19th February 2012, 6:42 AM

Directly after pressing 'A' to launch the game, and then hold them until the Gamefreak logo animation starts. At least that's how it's worked for me.

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 7:46 AM
Alright I'm brand new to to this rng thing. I know every other game mechanic by heart besides this and I really wanna try it out. I wanted to see if someone can find my Sid for me cuz I really don't wanna go on an endless hunt for a wild shiny. I'm pretty good at breeding save for IVs and shininess (I'm way too impatient even for masudas method). I would love for someone to do this for me so I can breed shinies without wasting hours of my day on one. pm me if you can help.

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 7:58 AM
Alright I'm brand new to to this rng thing. I know every other game mechanic by heart besides this and I really wanna try it out. I wanted to see if someone can find my Sid for me cuz I really don't wanna go on an endless hunt for a wild shiny. I'm pretty good at breeding save for IVs and shininess (I'm way too impatient even for masudas method). I would love for someone to do this for me so I can breed shinies without wasting hours of my day on one. pm me if you can help.

just upload one of your pokemon to pokecheck

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 8:07 AM
just upload one of your pokemon to pokecheck

i was just messing with it and i changed my dns to the right one but the gts would still work normally. idk what to do about that

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 8:21 AM
i was just messing with it and i changed my dns to the right one but the gts would still work normally. idk what to do about that

are you saving the changes you make to your DNS server? if you dont hit the save changes button your DNS server will revert back to normal

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 8:29 AM
are you saving the changes you make to your DNS server? if you dont hit the save changes button your DNS server will revert back to normal

of course i am. i even tried to everything on my 3ds by using the browser on it cuz it said something about having the same ip. i wonder if its cuz im using a 3ds in the first place?

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 8:35 AM
of course i am. i even tried to everything on my 3ds by using the browser on it cuz it said something about having the same ip. i wonder if its cuz im using a 3ds in the first place?

couldnt really say, i dont have a 3DS to toy around with. Is there any other connection established on your DS? pokecheck needs to be the first connection, or at least the only connection you have set up. If you have a regular wi-fi connection set up in slot 1 and pokecheck in slot two then you DS will use the first connection and send the pokemon to the GTS. Other then that im not sure what the problem could be.

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 8:53 AM
couldnt really say, i dont have a 3DS to toy around with. Is there any other connection established on your DS? pokecheck needs to be the first connection, or at least the only connection you have set up. If you have a regular wi-fi connection set up in slot 1 and pokecheck in slot two then you DS will use the first connection and send the pokemon to the GTS. Other then that im not sure what the problem could be.

It's the only connection I have. I don't get it. I'm well above average in knowing about computers and programming and stuff but I can't get that simple little thing. and when it comes to actually using the rng process I understand how to standard seed when I look it up but when it comes to actually using the program I'm at a loss for the most part. I can't find a good simple step by step guide that works for me. I'm about to just say screw it and hope I eventually will get shiny by MM and deal with its crappy stats. I'm just frustrated cuz I know this is something I can do. :/

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 9:09 AM
It's the only connection I have. I don't get it. I'm well above average in knowing about computers and programming and stuff but I can't get that simple little thing. and when it comes to actually using the rng process I understand how to standard seed when I look it up but when it comes to actually using the program I'm at a loss for the most part. I can't find a good simple step by step guide that works for me. I'm about to just say screw it and hope I eventually will get shiny by MM and deal with its crappy stats. I'm just frustrated cuz I know this is something I can do. :/

dont feel bad, arguably the hardest part about RNGing is learning. It doesnt help when the guides make it sound much more complicated then it is. There is no "simple" guide to RNGing b/c there is a lot to explain and take into account. Once you put it into practice though, it becomes a lot easier and a lot of the stuff isn't as hard as it seems. Personally, i used Bearsfan092's videos for my first successful RNG just because i could pause it and do it step by step with him. It was easier for me to pause it and mimic what he did then it was for me to try and follow the guides and still pictures. Once you learn though it becomes easy. I just breed this:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/446.png
#446 Munchlax | Normal | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Careful | Ability: Thick Fat | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 7/17/2011 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Pursuit, Whirlwind, and Curse

in a matter of minutes (just wanted to show off my latest RNG and didnt want to double post :p) but when i first started it took me hours to set everything up and do everything right. Im not sure what could be going on with pokecheck but as far as RNGing goes, everyone here would be glad to help you along the way and with some screen shots or through explanations we have a high success rate of helping others :)

quitting is the first step to failure

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 9:22 AM
I know I won't end up giving up haha but for tonight yes. Is it any different in the 4th gen? I don't really play my hg too much and I wanted to restart and get shiny legends to transfer over. the main reason is because I dont have any stationary pokes left in the game and I don't want to start with something harder.

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 9:23 AM
And whats mainly been confusing me is setting up the parameters and calibrating it and all that

Vandslaux
19th February 2012, 1:02 PM

When you press A at the main menu.

The Eleventh
19th February 2012, 1:27 PM
I know I won't end up giving up haha but for tonight yes. Is it any different in the 4th gen? I don't really play my hg too much and I wanted to restart and get shiny legends to transfer over. the main reason is because I dont have any stationary pokes left in the game and I don't want to start with something harder.
Gen IV RNGing is very different to Gen V. It's also much harder. You're better off starting with Gen V.

And whats mainly been confusing me is setting up the parameters and calibrating it and all that
Just save in a place with no WNPCs (Victory Road - Cheren's room is suitable), start the game at a certain time, then use Sweet Scent as soon as you get into the game. Find the IVs of the captured Pokémon (you can use your Master Ball, since you don't need to save) and then put all of the relevant data in RNG Reporter.

AquaRegisteel
19th February 2012, 1:35 PM
The calibrating bit is actually quite easy, but adamtpow, you will eventually learn to RNG. I have had help from this thread, and it's helped me greatly. I'm almost at my first completed RNG, too!

Soueto
19th February 2012, 2:08 PM
After reading and watching about RNG I still don't get a few things.

1- I tried to RNG but I failed, and I believe my mistake was not level up the pokemon enough to narrow down it's IV values. What's the easiest way to raise a Pokémon level? Rare Candies? If so, where do I obtain them easily? Is there someone in the forum who sell them?

2- After I manage to calibrate my DS Parameters I'll find my seed, can I use this same seed for every attempt at RNGing?

3- I must RNG the iV first and after I find this out RNG the PID for Nature, Ability and Gender? If so, I still don't get it how advancing frames for the PID will not change de IV values.

I'm really sorry for the noob questions! Thanks for your time!

The Eleventh
19th February 2012, 2:46 PM
1- I tried to RNG but I failed, and I believe my mistake was not level up the pokemon enough to narrow down it's IV values. What's the easiest way to raise a Pokémon level? Rare Candies? If so, where do I obtain them easily? Is there someone in the forum who sell them?
Yes, Rare Candies are the easiest way, as they do not add EVs to the Pokémon. You can also use the man in the Gear Station in Nimbasa City and the Hidden Power checker in Mistralton City's Pokémon Center to help narrow down your results. Rare Candies can be obtained using the ability Pickup and can be found throughout Unova. They can also be bought at the Battle Subway.

2- After I manage to calibrate my DS Parameters I'll find my seed, can I use this same seed for every attempt at RNGing?
Yes. Your parameters never change, so you can reuse seeds.

3- I must RNG the iV first and after I find this out RNG the PID for Nature, Ability and Gender? If so, I still don't get it how advancing frames for the PID will not change de IV values.
IVs are RNGed by simply starting the game at a certain time. Nature, gender, etc. (PID) are RNGed by advancing the PIDRNG frame. This is done easily through viewing the summary of a Chatot with a custom cry. Each time you view it, you advance the PIDRNG by one frame. This method of advancing does not also advance the IVRNG frame.

Too Funk to Druck
19th February 2012, 2:50 PM
:597:

1. If you beat the Elite 4, the easiest way is to go to the judge in the Battle Subway. If you're going for perfect IVs, it'll be easy to tell if you got them.

2. Yes, seeds are reusable.

3. The IV frame and the PID frame are completely separate, unless you're doing wondercard RNGing where they're the same. RNGing the PID frame cannot advance the IV frame.

Shockking
19th February 2012, 3:33 PM
I have this one shiny spread that I want. Its on fame 1, so where it says shiny frame (208) that is PID frame right? I'm pretty excited...

Too Funk to Druck
19th February 2012, 3:41 PM
I have this one shiny spread that I want. Its on fame 1, so where it says shiny frame (208) that is PID frame right? I'm pretty excited...

Yeah, that's the PID frame.

Shockking
19th February 2012, 3:55 PM
ARGGGGG! As many of you might remember I was having trouble hitting IV seeds because of my changing timer0. Well I found a shiny 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread with only 161 chatot flips so I went for it. To my distaste though, the pokemon was not the right one after hitting the seed and performing the flips. Again it showed in adjacent frames that I hit my IV seed but it was using the wrong timer0... What can I do about this problem?

The Eleventh
19th February 2012, 3:56 PM
ARGGGGG! As many of you might remember I was having trouble hitting IV seeds because of my changing timer0. Well I found a shiny 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread with only 161 chatot flips so I went for it. To my distaste though, the pokemon was not the right one after hitting the seed and performing the flips. Again it showed in adjacent frames that I hit my IV seed but it was using the wrong timer0... What can I do about this problem?
Change the timer0 in your parameters tab to the one you hit. Alternatively, just keep trying and it should soon switch back.

Shockking
19th February 2012, 3:58 PM
Change the timer0 in your parameters tab to the one you hit. Alternatively, just keep trying and it should soon switch back.

So I might be able to hit that seed after all? I just need to keep on trying?

Vandslaux
19th February 2012, 4:00 PM

1. Pokemon at Victory Road or Giant Chasm work just fine for calibration, and you're usually good anyway if it has the right nature/31's for the actual pokemon.

2. You can't use it for every pokemon you want to RNG.

3. The PID controls the shininess, nature, characteristic, gender, etc. The IVRNG controls the IVs, obviously. The PIDRNG has NO influence on the IVs. And no, you have to RNG them at the same time.

Killer_Flygon
19th February 2012, 4:06 PM
ARGGGGG! As many of you might remember I was having trouble hitting IV seeds because of my changing timer0. Well I found a shiny 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread with only 161 chatot flips so I went for it. To my distaste though, the pokemon was not the right one after hitting the seed and performing the flips. Again it showed in adjacent frames that I hit my IV seed but it was using the wrong timer0... What can I do about this problem?Did you check to see which encounter slot Joltik is on? Was the pokemon you got shiny at all implying you hit your seed or not?

Shockking
19th February 2012, 4:14 PM
Its not exactly what i wanted but on a diff. seed after 52 flips:

http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/shiny/joltik.pnghttp://pldh.net/media/items/ball/netball.png
#595 Joltik | Timid
Compoundeyes | Hidden Power Bug 70
31/x/30/31/30/31/31

I saw the sparkle at the start of the battle but on the DS Phat screen I couldn't tell that it was pink, it still looked blue, I was like "wuuuhhhhhhh??!". But on my DSi screen you can definitely see that it is pink. Its female, for the nickname I'm thinking Octa, any other ideas? :)

Too Funk to Druck
19th February 2012, 4:27 PM

http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/shiny/joltik.pnghttp://pldh.net/media/items/ball/netball.png
#595 Joltik | Timid
31/x/30/31/30/31/31

I saw the sparkle at the start of the battle but on the DS Phat screen I couldn't tell that it was pink, it still looked blue, I was like "wuuuhhhhhhh??!". But on my DSi screen you can definitely see that it is pink. Its female, for the nickname I'm thinking Octa, any other ideas? :)

Congrats! It only gets easier from here.

Typhlosion X
19th February 2012, 4:31 PM
All this talk about non-breeding abuse got me in the mood to finally do this:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/646.gif
#646 Kyurem
OT: Seth / ID: 35822
Timid / Pressure / Genderless
31 / 6 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Glaciate / Dragon Pulse / Imprison / Endeavor

This is actually my first non-bred RNG, it was pretty easy.

Also congrats, Shock, it only gets easier from here, like TFTD said.

Vandslaux
19th February 2012, 4:41 PM
Congrats! But.. why Net Ball?

dewey911p
19th February 2012, 6:22 PM

#595 Joltik | Timid
31/x/30/31/30/31/31

congratulations! Does it seem easier now that you've actually done it then when you were still trying to learn? Oh, and if that Joltik isnt what you wanted, you at least have a very nice parent to use for breeding, which could be the next RNG you try :D

jirachiuser1
19th February 2012, 6:51 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gif
Mewtwo ; Level 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 02112 | Gender: None
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dark (70) | Fateful encounter
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Psystrike / Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere/ Electric Ball

Quickly RNGd this beauty. Wondercard is extremely easy (more so than Eggs) so if you haven't already definitely try it out!

adamtpow
19th February 2012, 6:53 PM
Haha you guys are such confidence boosters :) thanks for the help! I'll get it down in the next few days.

||Caboose||
19th February 2012, 8:13 PM
I haven't been here in a while.... and I really haven't been rnging.
Anyway my latest shiny is this. I just got it today because I was fixing my team. I also RNG'd a shiny Tepig starter for my play-through in Black friday (Naughty 26/30/30/30/26/31). I also RNG'd for my ID/SID and got the ID of 00797 :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/204.gif
OT: Dakota | ID: 51556 | Gender: Female
Nature: Calm | Ability: Sturdy |Hidden Power: Dark (70)

AquaRegisteel
19th February 2012, 8:42 PM

#595 Joltik | Timid
31/x/30/31/30/31/31

Well done again! You are really getting good at this, that's for sure.

Too Funk to Druck
19th February 2012, 8:58 PM
I haven't been here in a while.... and I really haven't been rnging.
Anyway my latest shiny is this. I just got it today because I was fixing my team. I also RNG'd a shiny Tepig starter for my play-through in Black friday (Naughty 26/30/30/30/26/31). I also RNG'd for my ID/SID and got the ID of 00797 :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/204.gif
OT: Dakota | ID: 51556 | Gender: Female
Nature: Calm | Ability: Sturdy |Hidden Power: Dark (70)

Long time no see! I haven't RNGed much lately due to computer problems and school either.

It seems like a lot of old faces are popping up. :)

AquaRegisteel
19th February 2012, 9:09 PM
Arghh! I can't believe what I've just done. I decided I wanted to RNG a wild Durant, so I go into Cheren's cave, only to discover I've got my Mewtwo with me(which I shouldn't have). But I accidentally save, so that means I cannot RNG for the Mewtwo event on my White. Crap!

||Caboose||
19th February 2012, 9:24 PM
Long time no see! I haven't RNGed much lately due to computer problems and school either.

It seems like a lot of old faces are popping up. :)
Hey! I've got school too so there hasn't been much time for me to RNG either. I hope to do more 4th and 5th gen RNG's in the future.

Typhlosion X
19th February 2012, 11:48 PM
I shouldn't have to find parameters again to RNG on a different game cart as long as I use the same DS, right? I want to RNG the legends on my brother's White version and I just wanted to make sure before I started.

dewey911p
20th February 2012, 12:04 AM
I shouldn't have to find parameters again to RNG on a different game cart as long as I use the same DS, right? I want to RNG the legends on my brother's White version and I just wanted to make sure before I started.

yes, you will need to find the parameters again since the parameters are a combination of the DS system your using as well as the individual game cart. Evne using the same DS my black and my white version have different parameters and when i bought a new DS my parameters changed as well

pwnswitchclik
20th February 2012, 1:16 AM
I think I'm being tricked by the characteristic that my Reporter displays, I went to find my actual SF and the nature seems to match the hatched pokemon's but characterisitic doesn't. I got to look into it tomorrow.

Typhlosion X
20th February 2012, 1:27 AM
If it doesn't match, then you're probably not hitting your seed either because you started at the wrong time, or your Timer0 is trolling you.

EDIT: Didn't want to double post to show these.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/645.gif
#645 Landorus http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822
Jolly / Sand Force / Male
31 / 31 / 31 / 4 / 31 / 31
Rock Slide / Earthquake / Sandstorm / Fissure

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/638.gif
#638 Cobalion http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.png
OT: Link / ID: 61283
Jolly / Justified / Genderless
31 / 31 / 31 / 20 / 31 / 31
Helping Hand / Retaliate / Iron Head / Sacred Sword

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/639.gif
#639 Terrakion http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/010.png
OT: Link / ID: 61283
Adamant / Justified / Genderless
31 / 31 / 31 / 20 / 31 / 31
Helping Hand / Retaliate / Rock Slide / Sacred Sword

Vandslaux
20th February 2012, 2:38 AM
Then you aren't hitting your seed. I've had natures match w/o an Everstone, but wrong IVs.

Shockking
20th February 2012, 4:22 AM
Congrats! It only gets easier from here.

lol yeah, thanks!

Congrats! But.. why Net Ball?

The net animation looks alot like a spider web... And thanks!

congratulations! Does it seem easier now that you've actually done it then when you were still trying to learn? Oh, and if that Joltik isnt what you wanted, you at least have a very nice parent to use for breeding, which could be the next RNG you try :D

Yeah its definetly easier. And about the breeding, thats what I was thinking! :)

Ryze
20th February 2012, 8:32 AM
I have encountered a problem trying to find a wild shiny litwick. I have found the IV spread I wanted and copied the seed into RNG Reporter. I also hit my seed as my litwick has the IV's i have been looking for. After 2 chatot flips i get another litwick i know is on my seed, and it has the same nature as the one before.. but in RNG reporter I can't find a part that goes:
Adamant
xxx
Adamant

No two adamant natures are that close to eachother.. so I have no idea where i'm starting off. Also after just viewing one chatot I have gotten different seeds every time :/

dewey911p
20th February 2012, 5:14 PM
I have encountered a problem trying to find a wild shiny litwick. I have found the IV spread I wanted and copied the seed into RNG Reporter. I also hit my seed as my litwick has the IV's i have been looking for. After 2 chatot flips i get another litwick i know is on my seed, and it has the same nature as the one before.. but in RNG reporter I can't find a part that goes:
Adamant
xxx
Adamant

No two adamant natures are that close to eachother.. so I have no idea where i'm starting off. Also after just viewing one chatot I have gotten different seeds every time :/

are you making sure to take the same number of steps each time? your PID will be advancing in Celestial tower since its an area with wild pokemon so if you are not taking the same number of steps then that could be the issue. Thats assuming your IV frame isnt 1. Also, if your IV frame is really high and you need to walk a lot then you might be passing your PID frame by walking and you need to search higher frames in RNG reporter. If your IV frame is one then i would recommend taking the starting PID frame RNG reporter gives you and subtract ~10. So if RNG reporter says your starting PID frame is 50, i would mark it as 40 then hit generate. There is always the chance RNG reporter got the starting PID wrong and this way you can double check.

Soueto
20th February 2012, 5:26 PM
Alright, thanks for the answers. Help me a lot!

Too Funk to Druck
20th February 2012, 6:11 PM
I think I'm being tricked by the characteristic that my Reporter displays, I went to find my actual SF and the nature seems to match the hatched pokemon's but characterisitic doesn't. I got to look into it tomorrow.

There is a glitch that mixes up Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed characteristics. That may be your problem.

Killer_Flygon
20th February 2012, 6:46 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/595.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.png
#595 Joltik [Tarantulas]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/male.png
Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug/Electric
Hidden Power: Ice 70
IV: 31/2/30/31/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 25
Moves: Fury Cutter | Electroweb | Bug Bite | Gastro Acid

Shockking quest for a Shiny Joltik caused me to do the same. Got it on the first try.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/602.gif
#602 Tynamo [Tayla Skot]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Nature: Careful| Ability: Levitate | Type: Electric
Hidden Power: Electric 59
IV: 31/31/31/8/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 1
Moves: Tackle | Thunder Wave | Spark | Charge Beam

I was trying to catch an Shiny Tynamo for two days now, but the damn timer0 wouldn't stop trolling me in addition to the erratic PID advancement cause by using a frame 5 seed. Please note that it was the only seed I could find with the IVs wanted and was synch-able. I ended up giving up and breeding the damn thing.

Silvershark
20th February 2012, 8:59 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/060.gif
Poliwag (Female)
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Water
IV: 30/6/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon
Moves: Water Sport | Bubblebeam | Rain Dance

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/436.gif
Bronzor
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Calm | Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Levitate | Type: Steel/Psychic
IV: 31/30/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dragon 70
Moves: Tackle | Confusion | Safeguard | Gyro Ball

Poliwag was a pain in the neck, but I breezed through the Bronzor in just a couple of attempts. :)

TDawg
20th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Anime Episode Thundurus!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/642.gif:643:
#642 Thundurus - ボルトロス | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | ♂
Timid | Prankster | Alert to sounds.
01/26/2012 | Apparently had a Fateful encounter | Lvl. 70
31/14/30/31/31/31| Ice 70

Legit Wondercard. I finally got to the E4 in my Japanese black cartridge so yeah he was first on my list.

RNG_Reporter
20th February 2012, 10:36 PM
Good work.

After filling my White cart with just boxes and boxes of RNG'd Pokemon.. I went out and bought Pokemon Black. Was going to be just for fun and to actually play the game how it's suppose to be enjoyed.. but I might not be able to resist the urge to RNG again, after a 6 month break. Gotta get that rhythm back.

TDawg
20th February 2012, 10:43 PM
Good work.

After filling my White cart with just boxes and boxes of RNG'd Pokemon.. I went out and bought Pokemon Black. Was going to be just for fun and to actually play the game how it's suppose to be enjoyed.. but I might not be able to resist the urge to RNG again, after a 6 month break. Gotta get that rhythm back.

Don't let a new file go to waste ;)

Vandslaux
20th February 2012, 11:47 PM
So apparently, hatching a shiny in DPPt is really easy? Just catch something and find the delay you hit, find a tap/flip combo that corresponds with that delay, get the egg, hatch?

And I found a seed for a Bold 31/10/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Zapdos that doesn't require a timer. :) It's 634, though I should probably change my year to something like 2030 to make that about 620.

Too Funk to Druck
20th February 2012, 11:50 PM
So apparently, hatching a shiny in DPPt is really easy? Just catch something and find the delay you hit, find a tap/flip combo that corresponds with that delay, get the egg, hatch?

And I found a seed for a Bold 31/10/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Zapdos that doesn't require a timer. :) It's 634, though I should probably change my year to something like 2030 to make that about 620.

Yeah, it's something like that. I don't remember having to find the delay I hit, but I haven't done it in a while. Either way, it's ridiculously easy.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
21st February 2012, 12:02 AM
Yep, he's right about that.

It's a lengthier process than 5th generation, but the results are pretty much guaranteed as opposed to the calibration and timer0 fluctuations in B/W.

Vandslaux
21st February 2012, 12:21 AM
After I get freaking Zapdos, I think I'm going to work on Dialga/Palkia. Or the other roamers. Or use a Rebattle code to rebattle Giratina.

Ryze
21st February 2012, 3:51 AM
Quck question, i got a hacked shiny haxorus in the gts but i wanted to use it to rng breed an axew, would that "taint" the legitimacy of my axew in any way?

TDawg
21st February 2012, 3:54 AM
Quck question, i got a hacked shiny haxorus in the gts but i wanted to use it to rng breed an axew, would that "taint" the legitimacy of my axew in any way?

Mmm opinionated answer to be honest. I will let fly though.

Anyways I am stuck. So when trying to RNG Tornadus is the Min/Max Frame talking about the IV frame correct? Pretty much just like catching a wild pokemon, but with the Roamer method selected?

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 4:07 AM

i asked that same question once in the hack check thread and everyone just said "dont tell people where it came from" and "as long as it doesnt give an illegal egg move combo no one will ever know." The general community seems to be ok with it. Personally, the only reason i started to RNG was b/c i was tired of getting hacked flawless shiny pokemon that i really wanted. One guy gave me like 10 "RNGed" pokemon that turned out to be hacks and i decided to learn to RNG myself. The first pokemon i ever RNGed involved the flawless parents he game me and a ditto. Also, technically speaking, the egg would be generated via in game mechanics with no external devices used, and isnt that the definition of a legitimate pokemon? Up to you to decide though :)

Mmm opinionated answer to be honest. I will let fly though.

Anyways I am stuck. So when trying to RNG Tornadus is the Min/Max Frame talking about the IV frame correct? Pretty much just like catching a wild pokemon, but with the Roamer method selected?

yea, min/max frame is the IV frame and for the PID frame you would just select PIDRNG and then the roamer option.

TDawg
21st February 2012, 4:09 AM
yea, min/max frame is the IV frame and for the PID frame you would just select PIDRNG and then the roamer option.

Awesome. Time to get to work on my Tornadus :]

Ryze
21st February 2012, 7:01 AM
i asked that same question once in the hack check thread and everyone just said "dont tell people where it came from" and "as long as it doesnt give an illegal egg move combo no one will ever know." The general community seems to be ok with it. Personally, the only reason i started to RNG was b/c i was tired of getting hacked flawless shiny pokemon that i really wanted. One guy gave me like 10 "RNGed" pokemon that turned out to be hacks and i decided to learn to RNG myself. The first pokemon i ever RNGed involved the flawless parents he game me and a ditto. Also, technically speaking, the egg would be generated via in game mechanics with no external devices used, and isnt that the definition of a legitimate pokemon? Up to you to decide though :)

Thanks, doesn't really matter to me, might as well put that haxorus to good use ;)

...Unfortunately I can't seem to hit my seed. I swear that I am starting my game at the correct time, I have recalibrated many times, but whenever I go to the potential judge in the battle subway, he says that 4 of my stats are flawless instead of 5, which is what my seed is. Not too sure what to do here :/

[EDIT] I explained that pretty poorly, I am trying to RNG breed a shiny, and I had pretty easily RNGed the wondercard mewtwo to be timid and flawless, I am breeding with an international ditto, an everstone on my adamant haxorus, and I have everything necessary checked off (ditto parent, BW international, everstone, etc.)

TDawg
21st February 2012, 7:05 AM
Thanks, doesn't really matter to me, might as well put that haxorus to good use ;)

...Unfortunately I can't seem to hit my seed. I swear that I am starting my game at the correct time, I have recalibrated many times, but whenever I go to the potential judge in the battle subway, he says that 4 of my stats are flawless instead of 5, which is what my seed is. Not too sure what to do here :/

You could be hitting the wrong PID frame. Or the wrong seed for that matter.

Anyways!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3250/premiergc1.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/639.gif:643:
#639 Terrakion | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/rock.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | -
Jolly | Justified | Somewhat vain.
02/18/2011 | Trial Chamber | Lvl. 42
31/31/31/x/31/31 | Dark 70

How lame. A 5th Gen RNG lol. Just kidding Terrakion tears up the metagame. Choice Banded Jolly is the way to go even though I already have a non-shiny one I thought what the hell lol since I have my JAP cart I can still get an Adamant one.

Ryze
21st February 2012, 7:08 AM
You could be hitting the wrong PID frame. Or the wrong seed for that matter.

I just don't understand how I can be hitting the wrong seed, I have recalibrated many times to make sure my timer0 isn't screwing me over, and I am definitely starting at the right time, one second before I am supposed to..

Soueto
21st February 2012, 7:09 AM
Hey everyone! I managed to RNG a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram, I'll just use a Sync to get the Timid nature.
So I started my quest after a Timid Munna, and after 30 minutes I decided to try my luck with RNG, to find a Timid Munna.

The problem is, every attempt I made at RNGing for this Munna ended up failing.

I choose the PIDRNG method, using my seed, selected the encounter slot, the ability, the nature and nothing. I just don't get it right. Can someone help me solve this problem? What am I doing wrong?

TDawg
21st February 2012, 7:10 AM
I just don't understand how I can be hitting the wrong seed, I have recalibrated many times to make sure my timer0 isn't screwing me over, and I am definitely starting at the right time, one second before I am supposed to..

You never know how the Timer0 will fluctuate. Completely unpredictable. The Terrakion I just caught took me 3 tries because of that (1st 2 weren't shiny and didn't even match up but I knew I hit my timing).

Hey everyone! I managed to RNG a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram, I'll just use a Sync to get the Timid nature.
So I started my quest after a Timid Munna, and after 30 minutes I decided to try my luck with RNG, to find a Timid Munna.

I choose the PIDRNG method, using my seed, selected the encounter slot, the ability, the nature and nothing. I just don't get it right. Can someone help me solve this problem? What am I doing wrong?

You need to using IV Standard Seed method in the Time Finder then PIDRNG method in the main window. That's your problem.

Shockking
21st February 2012, 7:17 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/595.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.png
#595 Joltik [Tarantulas]
Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug/Electric
Hidden Power: Ice 70
IV: 31/2/30/31/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 25
Moves: Fury Cutter | Electroweb | Bug Bite | Gastro Acid

[CENTER]Shockking quest for a Shiny Joltik caused me to do the same. Got it on the first try.

Remember when I said that my Joltik wasn't exactly what I wanted? Well that first seed that I had found was really close to what you got. The reason I liked it better was because it had 31 in special defense and HP ice like yours. Oh and I wanted male. lol, call me sexist. Then I thought, 'This is my first RNGed shiny (and first 5th gen shiny), and the name Octa is a way better female's name, plus I don't even need HP Ice, I've got Energy Ball.' Now Octa the Galvantula is on its way to level 100 and has become a perma party member, lols.

On another note, what with homework and other activities I won't be able to practice more RNGing until hopefully the weekend but I might even have to wait until the weekend after that... :( D: ): ;( :'( (I'm sad)

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 7:22 AM

with 4 flawless IVs out of 5 it sounds like you most likely are just missing your PID frame. See if the nature, gender, and ability match any nearby PID frames and if so just adjust your advancements and try again :)

Aside from what TDawg said there could also be some NPCs in the area. i dont remember if the Dream yard had any WNPCs but i know the basement definitely does

EDIT: double checked the OP and the Dream yard is missing so that means there are indeed some NPCs that will make anything other than an IV frame 1 seed all but impossible

Soueto
21st February 2012, 7:30 AM
The NPCs must be pn your screen or just in the area?
Because there is no NPCs on my screen, but there are NPCs in the Dreamyard.

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 7:32 AM
The NPCs must be pn your screen or just in the area?
Because there is no NPCs on my screen, but there are NPCs in the Dreamyard.

unfortunately if they are in the area they will advance your PID, even if you dont see them.

Soueto
21st February 2012, 7:38 AM
unfortunately if they are in the area they will advance your PID, even if you dont see them.

OH... then that's the problem...

So, how can I RNG the Munnas I need?

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 7:45 AM
OH... then that's the problem...

So, how can I RNG the Munnas I need?

two options really:

1) keep searching for a seed with an IV frame of 1

2) Breed

personally i always find breeding to be easiest and it always gives you the option of egg moves

Soueto
21st February 2012, 7:49 AM
two options really:

1) keep searching for a seed with an IV frame of 1

2) Breed

personally i always find breeding to be easiest and it always gives you the option of egg moves

So far all the seeds I found started at 45+

I think I'll breed them, maybe i'll have better luck, thanks ^^

Ryze
21st February 2012, 7:58 AM
with 4 flawless IVs out of 5 it sounds like you most likely are just missing your PID frame. See if the nature, gender, and ability match any nearby PID frames and if so just adjust your advancements and try again :)

I thought that any PID frames in that seed would still have the same IV spread, no?

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 8:11 AM
So far all the seeds I found started at 45+

I think I'll breed them, maybe i'll have better luck, thanks ^^

IV frame of 45? thats pretty high. in that case i would highly suggest breeding to make life easier. Unless your after a legendary pokemon or something that doesnt breed (ditto) an IV frame of 45 is just unnecessary.

I thought that any PID frames in that seed would still have the same IV spread, no?

Not quite, not with egg RNGing anyway. the way eggs work is the game takes 3 IVe from the two parents and 3 are random. Usually egg IV seed look something like 31/x/x/31/31/x and in this case RNG reporter would fill in atk, def, and spd with IVs from the parents to give you your flawless pokemon. However, if the inheritance change then the IVs wont match up. For example, lets say your two parents are flawless and you want a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Axew. 3 of the 5 IVs will come from the parents so lets just say that the first three come from the parents. Now assume your IV seed is 1/2/3/4/31/31, and RNG reporter says your seed will give you your penta-flawless Axew. So if you hit your seed the parents will give the egg the first 3 IVs and the last 3 will have to come from the seed, your egg would look like this, 31/31/31/4/31/31. But, if you move 2 PID frames up, lets say the parents pass down Hp, def, spd and the other IVs are random. If you hit that frame your egg would hatch with the IV spread of 31/2/31/4/31/31. The IVs of the egg depend on the IVs passed down from the parents so the IVs for eggs always change. If you have an AR or pokecheck you can check the exact IVs and you can display the IVs in RNG reporter so you will know exactly what frame you hit, but otherwise if you match the nature, gender, and ability and if your IVs are close, you can assume you hit your seed but your PID frame was off.

I hope that was coherent and made sense :p

Ryze
21st February 2012, 8:19 AM
Not quite, not with egg RNGing anyway. the way eggs work is the game takes 3 IVe from the two parents and 3 are random. Usually egg IV seed look something like 31/x/x/31/31/x and in this case RNG reporter would fill in atk, def, and spd with IVs from the parents to give you your flawless pokemon. However, if the inheritance change then the IVs wont match up. For example, lets say your two parents are flawless and you want a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Axew. 3 of the 5 IVs will come from the parents so lets just say that the first three come from the parents. Now assume your IV seed is 1/2/3/4/31/31, and RNG reporter says your seed will give you your penta-flawless Axew. So if you hit your seed the parents will give the egg the first 3 IVs and the last 3 will have to come from the seed, your egg would look like this, 31/31/31/4/31/31. But, if you move 2 PID frames up, lets say the parents pass down Hp, def, spd and the other IVs are random. If you hit that frame your egg would hatch with the IV spread of 31/2/31/4/31/31. The IVs of the egg depend on the IVs passed down from the parents so the IVs for eggs always change. If you have an AR or pokecheck you can check the exact IVs and you can display the IVs in RNG reporter so you will know exactly what frame you hit, but otherwise if you match the nature, gender, and ability and if your IVs are close, you can assume you hit your seed but your PID frame was off.

I hope that was coherent and made sense :p

Awesome explanation! I had done so many recalibrations because I thought I wasn't hitting my seed. It turns out now though that I am not in fact hitting my seed :p Although I'm 90% sure I was before, I keep getting a pokemon whose natures + gender combination is nowhere near my starting PIDRNG frame (over 50 away, I stopped looking)..

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 8:23 AM
Awesome explanation! I had done so many recalibrations because I thought I wasn't hitting my seed. It turns out now though that I am not in fact hitting my seed :p Although I'm 90% sure I was before, I keep getting a pokemon whose natures + gender combination is nowhere near my starting PIDRNG frame (over 50 away, I stopped looking)..

wow, if its over 50 frames off you either let the NPC walk around for a minute or you in fact did miss you seed lol. But since you hit it before if you keep trying you will get it soon enough :) once the Timer0 stops jumping around and once you nail down the exact PID frame you need the rest will be easy. After awhile you will get to know your game so well that you can start to hit your seed and PID frame with only 1 egg! Its nice when that happens ^_^

Agonist
21st February 2012, 11:57 AM
A few RNG's I did over the last day or so

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/566.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Defeatist
31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31
Quick Attack | Leer | Wing Attack | Head Smash
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/588.png
Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Swarm
31 | 31 | 31 | 20 | 31 | 0
Peck | Pursuit | Bug Bite | Megahorn
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/597.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 15 | 31 | 0
Metal Claw | Pin Missile | Gyro Ball | Iron Defense
UT @ Lv. 27

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/597.png
Agonist | 00001 | Relaxed | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 9 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Harden | Leech Seed | Stealth Rock
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Relaxed | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 9 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Harden | Leech Seed | Spikes
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Sassy | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 13 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Harden | Leech Seed | Stealth Rock
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Sassy | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 13 | 31 | 0
Tackle | Harden | Leech Seed | Spikes
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/607.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Flash Fire
30 | 14 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Heatwave | Shadow Ball | Hidden Power | Energy Ball
UT @ Lv. 1 | BP for Aqua Registeel (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=178837)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/633.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Hustle
31 | 7 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Dark 70}
Tackle | Dragon Rage | Earth Power | Fire Fang
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Hustle
31 | 14 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Dragon Rage | Earth Power | Fire Fang
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Hustle
31 | 19 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Dark 70}
Tackle | Dragon Rage | Dark Pulse
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Hustle
31 | 18 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Dragon Rage | Dark Pulse
UT @ Lv. 1

Not going to lie, I hate hatching mon's in the 41 egg cycle group

Soueto
21st February 2012, 6:18 PM
So, once again I tried RNGing nature, found my starting frame, which is 46 and as soon as the Season Screen faded I paused the game, saved twice to advance to frame 48, Sweet Scented and found a Patrat, but I select slots 4 and 5, which are Munnas at the Dreamyard.

I'm not going anywhere, and the guides I saw didn't help me at all. Can someone lend me a hand about this issue?
Also, any guide that explains how to RNG a Roamer? I want to catch a flawless Tornadus, I don't care about shineness, since i've never found a Shiny

Agonist
21st February 2012, 6:30 PM
there is a npc in the dreamyard who moves around, that's why you didn't find a Munna.

Tornadus is basically the same as any other wild pokemon, except you have to use the roamer option to find a seed for it, and you have almost no control over its nature.

Soueto
21st February 2012, 6:40 PM
there is a npc in the dreamyard who moves around, that's why you didn't find a Munna.

Tornadus is basically the same as any other wild pokemon, except you have to use the roamer option to find a seed for it, and you have almost no control over its nature.

So, the best way to manipulate natures is using Synchronize. The problem is, I wasted almost 4 hours searching for a Timid Munna and nothing, I'm breeding and searching for wild Pokes.

Kinda sucks =/

Agonist
21st February 2012, 6:46 PM
look for Elgyem if you need a sync, you can rng it reliably in the Celestial Tower without any npcs.

And Synchronizer doesn't work with roamers.

Soueto
21st February 2012, 7:01 PM
look for Elgyem if you need a sync, you can rng it reliably in the Celestial Tower without any npcs.

And Synchronizer doesn't work with roamers.

Oh, so how am I supposed to find a Roamer with the desired nature?
And thanks for the Elgyem tip, I'll start looking for it now!

Ryze
21st February 2012, 7:44 PM
Scrapped my shiny axew, got frustrated. However, I went for a shiny Gible and after only a few attempts I got it! Thanks a lot dewey, your explanation helped me pinpoint the frames I was ending up in ;)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/443.gif
Tallis | 57476 | Adamant | Sand Veil
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31
Outrage | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Dragon Claw
UT @ Lv. 1

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 7:47 PM
Oh, so how am I supposed to find a Roamer with the desired nature?
And thanks for the Elgyem tip, I'll start looking for it now!

the PID is possible to control with roamers, its just real f-ing hard (sorry, im a week and a half into my crusade to RNG a flawless shiny Tornadus and its not going well). Once you nail down your SSF you will have to consistently hit your seed and get through the cut scene at the same pace each time. From there its just a few Chatot flips to get the nature you want

Scrapped my shiny axew, got frustrated. However, I went for a shiny Gible and after only a few attempts I got it! Thanks a lot dewey, your explanation helped me pinpoint the frames I was ending up in ;)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/443.gif
Tallis | 57476 | Adamant | Sand Veil
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31
Outrage | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Dragon Claw
UT @ Lv. 1

np and congratulations :) glad i could help! Now if you want Axew it should be easier to get since you know what to do and how to troubleshoot :)

Soueto
21st February 2012, 8:10 PM
the PID is possible to control with roamers, its just real f-ing hard (sorry, im a week and a half into my crusade to RNG a flawless shiny Tornadus and its not going well). Once you nail down your SSF you will have to consistently hit your seed and get through the cut scene at the same pace each time. From there its just a few Chatot flips to get the nature you want

Sound too damn hard...
I finally managed to RNG Natures. I found an Elgyem Timid, but I don't know if it is the easiest way, this is what I do:

- At the RNG Reporter 9.94 main screen I search for the Nature, Ability and encounter slot using the Method 5 PIDRNG, Wild Pokémon. Starting at frame 46.

- Then I find the number of frames I'll have to skip and the PID.

- I search for this same PID at the Time Finder to see when I have to hit my seed. Then I save a bunch of times, since I still don't have access to Chatot and Sweet Scent for the Pokémon.

I believe this is not the easiest way, but I just couldn't make it work any other way.

Agonist
21st February 2012, 9:40 PM
alternately, just download a timid sync from pokecheck

pwnswitchclik
21st February 2012, 10:47 PM
When I use the 'Reporter's IV Checker, what does it mean if on all stats it says ''Invalid''?

dewey911p
21st February 2012, 11:06 PM
When I use the 'Reporter's IV Checker, what does it mean if on all stats it says ''Invalid''?

It means the info u entered didn't match what it should have been. It could be b/c you put in a wrong nature, characteristic, lvl, or the stats were wrong

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 12:06 AM
I asked this before, but what is the average starting PID frame for Tornadus?

dewey911p
22nd February 2012, 12:31 AM
I asked this before, but what is the average starting PID frame for Tornadus?

550-750 it fluctuates based on how fast you can get through the cut scene

drothagreat0ne
22nd February 2012, 3:27 AM
Great RNGs as of late. I gotta get back into the swing of things again.

To anyone going for the roamers: Best of luck. I spent two weeks trying to RNG Tornadus. It was the most frustrating RNG that I've tried. I remember reading the OP and it had Entralink RNG ranked as the hardest. I really beg to differ. Roamers in this game will make you swear off RNG. But don't let me sway you differently. It really does feel like a big accomplishment when you do get it.

Agonist
22nd February 2012, 3:29 AM
i wouldn't particularly call roamer abuse as difficult, it's just insanely annoying.

drothagreat0ne
22nd February 2012, 3:40 AM
i wouldn't particularly call roamer abuse as difficult, it's just insanely annoying.

That's what made it difficult for me. To top it off, I saved inside the house during Spring. That made it really annoying.

Agonist
22nd February 2012, 3:43 AM
ah, i think i did that the first time as well, however i was lucky enough to get Naive on the third try, so i just kept that as it was. I think this time, i will try for a shiny Thundurus, but it depends on if i can find a decent seed that takes place in the summer.

Ryze
22nd February 2012, 4:54 AM
Finally! Second shiny egg RNG accomplished :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/133.gif
Tallis | 57476 | Careful | Adaptability
31 | 31 | 31 | 12 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Helping Hand | Yawn | Wish
UT @ Lv. 1

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 5:08 AM
Just wondering... I know how to RNG stationaries using non c-gear and c-gear, RNG Wondercard and I know how to Entralink RNG but I have some questions about egg RNGing...: Once you receive the egg, you're on frame 8 right? Also, do you absolutely need to know both parent IVs? On a guide I read a while ago it said: "Parent IVs not required, but are beneficial." But when I don't fill out the IVs for the Parent, it says "The parent IVs you listed cannot produce the desired results." It says the same thing even if I put in multiple months to search by. I'm not sure how to get around that.

I know the RNG reporter has changed, and that now it says: min/max ADVANCES. Are they referring to PID advancements? If so does that mean every seed the reporter gives me with be on the starting frame so I don't have to walk around?

Help would be appreciated, egg RNGing is supposed to be one of the easiest but I still haven't figured it out... yet I can do Entralink RNGing... Hopefully I can fix that soon.

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 5:31 AM
Just wondering... I know how to RNG stationaries using non c-gear and c-gear, RNG Wondercard and I know how to Entralink RNG but I have some questions about egg RNGing...: Once you receive the egg, you're on frame 8 right? Also, do you absolutely need to know both parent IVs? On a guide I read a while ago it said: "Parent IVs not required, but are beneficial." But when I don't fill out the IVs for the Parent, it says "The parent IVs you listed cannot produce the desired results." It says the same thing even if I put in multiple months to search by. I'm not sure how to get around that.

Yes Egg RNGing is on Frame 8 and RNGReporter accounts for that for you. If you just want a shiny with any old IVs then no you don't need to know the Parents IVs, however Parents pass IVs down to the egg so you need at least 3 IVs of whatever spread you are going for such a Flawless spread you will need at least one of the parents to have IVs of 31. that's why so many people use Flawless Ditto as it can breed with anything besides Legendaries (exception of Manaphy). By what I said is how to get around it.

I know the RNG reporter has changed, and that now it says: min/max ADVANCES. Are they referring to PID advancements? If so does that mean every seed the reporter gives me with be on the starting frame so I don't have to walk around?

Yeah they are referring the PID frame. That why you usually put a min of 50 and a max of 200. Correct.

Help would be appreciated, egg RNGing is supposed to be one of the easiest but I still haven't figured it out... yet I can do Entralink RNGing... Hopefully I can fix that soon.

Answered your questions in bold. Hope it helps

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 5:43 AM
Answered your questions in bold. Hope it helps

Oh I see, I just put 31 in three spaces for one parent and then the generate button worked. xD Thanks. I won't attempt tonight since I need to find another Entralink/C-gear seed but I'll keep that in mind. I might need to catch myself a flawless Ditto to make Egg RNGing easier.. P: Anyway, thank you.

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 6:05 AM
Oh I see, I just put 31 in three spaces for one parent and then the generate button worked. xD Thanks. I won't attempt tonight since I need to find another Entralink/C-gear seed but I'll keep that in mind. I might need to catch myself a flawless Ditto to make Egg RNGing easier.. P: Anyway, thank you.

No problem. Glad to help.

Anyways I am completely stuck. I have no clue whatsoever what my Starting PID Frame is and to make things worse I think I am in spring. :[
Tips?

dewey911p
22nd February 2012, 6:20 AM
No problem. Glad to help.

Anyways I am completely stuck. I have no clue whatsoever what my Starting PID Frame is and to make things worse I think I am in spring. :[
Tips?

what month is your seed for? according to the OP "The Roamer should be RNG'd in Month 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 or 11. Only search in the months listed. The Roamer's actual starting Frame is between 550-750." I assume this takes care of the weather issues but since i found a nice seed in month 2 i didnt need to look very far. As for finding your starting PID frame, well that has been the most difficult thing for me. I found it 6 times now, each time its different lol. The way i did it, was to RNG the roamer and just catch it. After checking the IVs and making sure they were right i marked down the nature and the characteristic and then tried again. I did this about 8 times. Because of the rain the PID advances rapidly and if you dont get through the cut scene at the same speed each time the PID will be different each time. Accounting for this i assumed that i would get a few different PID frames each time i RNGed the roamer and i would also get the same one a few times as well. After getting 4 different natures and characteristics i searched through RNG reporter and found two of my natures and characteristics right next to each other. I looked around for the other 2 natures and saw that one was ~4 frames up and the other was ~7 frames down so i was confident that i found my SSF b/c i could see all of the natures. the reason for some being far away was b/c of the speed at which i got through the cut scene (even though i tried to get through it at the same time each time) From there i tried to RNG it again to see if the number of advancements i thought i had to do would get me close or not. For my SSF i used the PID that i hit most frequently out of the 8 or so attempts at RNGing Tornadus without any advancements. I figured, since i hit that same frame 3 times, i was most likely to get through the cut scene at this speed and this would give me the best oppertunity to get my shiny. After trying to advance my PID frame to see if i got close to the nature i wanted i saw that i was close, but still about 15 or so frames away, so i adjusted, tried again, adjusted, tried again, and im still adjusting. I've settled on a set number of advancements b/c the last time i tried to RNG Tornadus i was 2 PID frames away (ARGH!!!). I figure that my timing with getting through the cut sceen will keep fluctuating so instead of changing the number of advancements i will just keep trying to consistently get through the cut scene at the same time. If i keep getting a certain PID frame close to my target frame, then I'll adjust and try again. Thats as far as I've gotten in my crusade and i hope that helped :) I had to take a break to do HW and RNG some eggs just to make sure i still knew what i was doing lol

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 6:33 AM
what month is your seed for? according to the OP "The Roamer should be RNG'd in Month 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 or 11. Only search in the months listed. The Roamer's actual starting Frame is between 550-750." I assume this takes care of the weather issues but since i found a nice seed in month 2 i didnt need to look very far. As for finding your starting PID frame, well that has been the most difficult thing for me. I found it 6 times now, each time its different lol. The way i did it, was to RNG the roamer and just catch it. After checking the IVs and making sure they were right i marked down the nature and the characteristic and then tried again. I did this about 8 times. Because of the rain the PID advances rapidly and if you dont get through the cut scene at the same speed each time the PID will be different each time. Accounting for this i assumed that i would get a few different PID frames each time i RNGed the roamer and i would also get the same one a few times as well. After getting 4 different natures and characteristics i searched through RNG reporter and found two of my natures and characteristics right next to each other. I looked around for the other 2 natures and saw that one was ~4 frames up and the other was ~7 frames down so i was confident that i found my SSF b/c i could see all of the natures. the reason for some being far away was b/c of the speed at which i got through the cut scene (even though i tried to get through it at the same time each time) From there i tried to RNG it again to see if the number of advancements i thought i had to do would get me close or not. For my SSF i used the PID that i hit most frequently out of the 8 or so attempts at RNGing Tornadus without any advancements. I figured, since i hit that same frame 3 times, i was most likely to get through the cut scene at this speed and this would give me the best oppertunity to get my shiny. After trying to advance my PID frame to see if i got close to the nature i wanted i saw that i was close, but still about 15 or so frames away, so i adjusted, tried again, adjusted, tried again, and im still adjusting. I've settled on a set number of advancements b/c the last time i tried to RNG Tornadus i was 2 PID frames away (ARGH!!!). I figure that my timing with getting through the cut sceen will keep fluctuating so instead of changing the number of advancements i will just keep trying to consistently get through the cut scene at the same time. If i keep getting a certain PID frame close to my target frame, then I'll adjust and try again. Thats as far as I've gotten in my crusade and i hope that helped :) I had to take a break to do HW and RNG some eggs just to make sure i still knew what i was doing lol

Well crap! My month is 1. Spring time :[ Well I am getting a Lonely nature every single time I have not advanced the PID frame. I am playing a Japanese Black so I don't understand the Content. SO I am going off of purely the IVs.

Thanks Dewey :)

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 6:35 AM
Also, another question I thought of: Does the starting frame change for eggs depending on the seed used? And I don't mean really the shifting starting frame that is caused by NPCs making the PID change... It's just that I noticed that when I did Wondercard RNGing, my starting frame was sometimes different depending on the seed I used (first it was a stable 46, then at one point it shifted all the way to a stable 62). I'm wondering if it's the same deal for Eggs. I could test it out myself easily but I'm bored and want some knowledge since I want to get a flawless Ditto before I attempt my first Egg RNG.

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 6:36 AM
Also, another question I thought of: Does the starting frame change for eggs depending on the seed used? And I don't mean really the shifting starting frame that is caused by NPCs making the PID change... It's just that I noticed that when I did Wondercard RNGing, my starting frame was sometimes different depending on the seed I used (first it was a stable 46, then at one point it shifted all the way to a stable 62). I'm wondering if it's the same deal for Eggs. I could test it out myself easily but I'm bored and want some knowledge since I want to get a flawless Ditto before I attempt my first Egg RNG.

Yes. Every seed has its own starting frame.

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 6:42 AM
Yes. Every seed has its own starting frame.

Well, it's good to see it's normal then! Thanks. ^^ I have a feeling egg RNGing will be a breeze then~ Except maybe shiny RNG eggs since I don't know my SID (probably going to RNG that one day if I ever feel like starting over) but that's a whole other basket of potatoes that is.

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 6:49 AM
Well, it's good to see it's normal then! Thanks. ^^ I have a feeling egg RNGing will be a breeze then~ Except maybe shiny RNG eggs since I don't know my SID (probably going to RNG that one day if I ever feel like starting over) but that's a whole other basket of potatoes that is.

Lol you can always use pokecheck.org to find your SID.

Soueto
22nd February 2012, 6:57 AM
I just caught my Flawless SpA Timid Reshiram!
Thanks everyone for the help ^^

dewey911p
22nd February 2012, 7:27 AM
Well crap! My month is 1. Spring time :[ Well I am getting a Lonely nature every single time I have not advanced the PID frame. I am playing a Japanese Black so I don't understand the Content. SO I am going off of purely the IVs.

Thanks Dewey :)

Here's a list of the Japanese characteristics that might help you out (http://i.imgur.com/i4Nlg.jpg). I dont understand Japanese either but hopefully that helps :) if you always get a Lonely nature then you might have an easier time finding your SSF b/c you might be getting through the cut scene at a consistent rate each time. try advancing the PID frame by 10 (Jolteon's video shows that, for some reason, if you do about 10 it will advance the PID frame by about 1) and see if you can find a match in RNG reporter

I just caught my Flawless SpA Timid Reshiram!
Thanks everyone for the help ^^

congratulations!

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 7:34 AM
Here's a list of the Japanese characteristics that might help you out (http://i.imgur.com/i4Nlg.jpg). I dont understand Japanese either but hopefully that helps :) if you always get a Lonely nature then you might have an easier time finding your SSF b/c you might be getting through the cut scene at a consistent rate each time. try advancing the PID frame by 10 (Jolteon's video shows that, for some reason, if you do about 10 it will advance the PID frame by about 1) and see if you can find a match in RNG reporter

congratulations!

thanks again Dewey. Well I finally felt like I was going somewhere when my Timer0 won't stop trolling me!!>:[ But what's with that PID advancement ratio :S I saw it on Jolt's video as well. I understand it but still confusing. I can't find any Lonely natures that are 2 PID away from Impish:S What the heck.

dewey911p
22nd February 2012, 7:49 AM
thanks again Dewey. Well I finally felt like I was going somewhere when my Timer0 won't stop trolling me!!>:[ But what's with that PID advancement ratio :S I saw it on Jolt's video as well. I understand it but still confusing. I can't find any Lonely natures that are 2 PID away from Impish:S What the heck.

it might be the time it took to get through the cut scene changed and so its farther away then just the 2 advancements

Ryze
22nd February 2012, 5:13 PM
Getting the hang of this! Anyway, this is my latest RNG:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/607.gif
Tallis | 57476 | Modest | Flash Fire
31 | 7 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Ember | Astonish
UT @ Lv. 1

Didn't really want my Chandelure to be shiny, I think the purple flames look better.

The Eleventh
22nd February 2012, 5:36 PM
Here's a list of the Japanese characteristics that might help you out (http://i.imgur.com/i4Nlg.jpg).
If you need help using this image, note that it corresponds to Bulbapedia's table of characteristics (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic). For example, the second characteristic on the row labelled "1" indicates "Likes to thrash about".

Ryze
22nd February 2012, 6:25 PM
I lied, I'm addicted to RNGing shiny's. Went back and redid my Litwick:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/607.gif
Tallis | 57476 | Modest | Flash Fire
31 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Ember | Astonish
UT @ Lv. 1

MSK
22nd February 2012, 9:42 PM
Hey All

So VGC is arriving in the UK in a a little over a week and according to Serebii this year they will be distributing a Shiny Superpower Larvitar :)
So my question is what would you consider the best nature etc for a competitive Tyranitar so that I can start looking for decent Wondercard seeds now and RNG it as soon as I get there :)

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 10:03 PM
Hey All

So VGC is arriving in the UK in a a little over a week and according to Serebii this year they will be distributing a Shiny Superpower Larvitar :)
So my question is what would you consider the best nature etc for a competitive Tyranitar so that I can start looking for decent Wondercard seeds now and RNG it as soon as I get there :)

They might Nature lock it like the Scrafty that was distributed (it was brave). Not sure though.

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 10:10 PM
Hmm... In the New RNG Reporter... For eggs do you need to use Egg tab, capture tab... both? In the old RNG it used to say shiny egg or something and different guides I'm reading are confusing me a bit. One video uses the capture tab and sets it to standard seed and wild Pokemon, while using the old RNG reporter's shiny egg tab at the same time. Another guide (written) says to use the capture tab and set it to gift Pokemon. :/

So basically... I'm a bit confused here on which tab(s) I'm supposed to be using and what I info I need to input in them.

MSK
22nd February 2012, 10:11 PM
They might Nature lock it like the Scrafty that was distributed (it was brave). Not sure though.

Hmm, true. That's be a shame. So how would you RNG a Wondercard with a set nature?

dewey911p
22nd February 2012, 11:05 PM
Hmm... In the New RNG Reporter... For eggs do you need to use Egg tab, capture tab... both? In the old RNG it used to say shiny egg or something and different guides I'm reading are confusing me a bit. One video uses the capture tab and sets it to standard seed and wild Pokemon, while using the old RNG reporter's shiny egg tab at the same time. Another guide (written) says to use the capture tab and set it to gift Pokemon. :/

So basically... I'm a bit confused here on which tab(s) I'm supposed to be using and what I info I need to input in them.

use the egg tab. The egg option under capture tab is for the larvesta egg (i think), but either way, for RNG breeding you use the egg tab.

Hmm, true. That's be a shame. So how would you RNG a Wondercard with a set nature?

since the nature and gender would be locked you would just RNG it like any other wondercard except you would only care about the IVs and would ignore whatever nature RNG reporter gave you (since it will be a locked nature anyway)

My turn to ask a question now :) do you have to go to VGCs to download the wondercard or is it a wifi event?

Lineaire
22nd February 2012, 11:09 PM
use the egg tab. The egg option under capture tab is for the larvesta egg (i think), but either way, for RNG breeding you use the egg tab.

since the nature and gender would be locked you would just RNG it like any other wondercard except you would only care about the IVs and would ignore whatever nature RNG reporter gave you (since it will be a locked nature anyway)

My turn to ask a question now :) do you have to go to VGCs to download the wondercard or is it a wifi event?

I know there's a Larvesta egg option (which starts on frame 2 if I'm not mistaken) but in the guides didn't use that. They used the capture tab and one selected gift pokemon, and the other selected wild pokemon (and also used the shiny egg tab at the same time @_@). Weird...

But anyway, so for RNG eggs I don't need the capture tab at all? Just the egg tab and main window (to find my initial frame)?

TDawg
22nd February 2012, 11:17 PM

Have to go to VGCs. Much like the Pokemon Centre events in Japan.

Okay I can't find my SF for the life of me. I know after 2 advancements I get Impish and after 7 it's Quirky, but that doesn't match all the way to frame 4000 :S

Zevn
23rd February 2012, 1:11 AM
Dewey deserves some kind of award, they've helped me with every snag I've encountered going through the RNG process.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 1:19 AM
I know there's a Larvesta egg option (which starts on frame 2 if I'm not mistaken) but in the guides didn't use that. They used the capture tab and one selected gift pokemon, and the other selected wild pokemon (and also used the shiny egg tab at the same time @_@). Weird...

But anyway, so for RNG eggs I don't need the capture tab at all? Just the egg tab and main window (to find my initial frame)?

its possible the guide was only mentioning the capture tab, or was trying to teach 2 forms of RNGing at once (i doubt that but maybe) but nonetheless for egg RNGing you wont need the capture tab at all, juts the egg tab

Have to go to VGCs. Much like the Pokemon Centre events in Japan.

Okay I can't find my SF for the life of me. I know after 2 advancements I get Impish and after 7 it's Quirky, but that doesn't match all the way to frame 4000 :S

its possible that the time it takes to get through the cut scene is fluctuating and so the rain is advancing the PID differently each time. so when you think you did 5 advancements it might actually be 13, or if you got through the cut scene faster this time it might actually put you before the other frame (instead of if going Impish then Quirky it might go Quirky then Impish.) The best thing i could figure out was to not do any advancements and just get a few natures from trying to get through the cut scene at a consistent rate. I got 4 natures in total. I got a Serious nature 3 times, a Mild nature 2 times and then a Lax and a Brave nature. I looked through until i found any one of those natures and then tried to see if there was any of the other natures around (not necessarily right next to it, but within ~10 or so frames away) finally i found a Mild and Serious frame next to each other and then the other natures and characteristics less then 10 frames away. So i feel pretty good that this is my SSF and im using the Serious/Mild frames as my SSF since i hit those the most and the Brave/Lax frames where when i was extra fast or extra slow, but not usual. Next i tried to do the number of advancements i thought would get me to my TF and then i looked to see if i hit a PID frame close to it. I found a matching nature and characteristic so i feel even better about my SSF being right. It takes for ever but so far thats the best i could do to try and pin down my SSF. It even worse if your seed is impossible to hit like mine is. Down+Select+B at 17:36:00 takes forever to watch a minute of my life pass away just to miss my seed :/

Dewey deserves some kind of award, they've helped me with every snag I've encountered going through the RNG process.

lol ty but i dont do anything special. Everyone else here on this thread does so much to help others :) im just glad if i can help anyone like everyone has helped me.

pwnswitchclik
23rd February 2012, 1:20 AM
Does anyone notice how sometimes the seconds pointer of the ds clock ''skips'' to the next second without completing a full second before, like, it was just half a second? Does that interfere with hitting the seed?

Also: I will attempt to capture a shiny cryogonal in twist mountain. How many max shiny advances do you recommend?

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 1:25 AM
Does anyone notice how sometimes the seconds pointer of the ds clock ''skips'' to the next second without completing a full second before, like, it was just half a second? Does that interfere with hitting the seed?

Also: I will attempt to capture a shiny cryogonal in twist mountain. How many max shiny advances do you recommend?

I've noticed that happen too, usually within the first 10 or so seconds of loading the main DS screen. Unfortunately the time on the DS clock is the time your DS thinks it is, so if it skips a second then as far as the DS knows that second has already passed.

The number of shiny advancements really depends on how many you feel like doing. 1000 seems to be the standard, but if you want to do 10000 you can. God speed if you do go that route though :p

Jr Breshears
23rd February 2012, 1:33 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/621.gifhttp://users.smogon.com/mingot/loraksballs/Poke.png
Druddigon (★)
OT: JR | ID: 22740 | Gender: Male
Ability: Rough Skin | Nature: Adamant
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | EV's: UT
Availability: Level 1
Hidden Power: Dark
Moves: [Fire Fang] [Thunder Fang] [Sucker Punch] [Pursuit]

Was bored so I decided to post this :D

Zevn
23rd February 2012, 1:41 AM
I've found this to be really helpful:

http://stopwatch.onlineclock.net/

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 1:45 AM
its possible the guide was only mentioning the capture tab, or was trying to teach 2 forms of RNGing at once (i doubt that but maybe) but nonetheless for egg RNGing you wont need the capture tab at all, juts the egg tab.

Thanks... xD Also let's say I know the mother's flawless IVs are x/x/31/31/31/31. Can I just put down the IVs I know are 31 and leave the ones I'm not sure of "x" blank (as well as the father's IVs blank)? xD; I only ask because before I get a flawless ditto I want to try with a Larvesta I bred normally (lv 1) to see if I have the right idea but I don't know the first two IVs it has, only the flawless ones thanks to the IV rater (don't have that many rare candies lol).

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 1:58 AM

I am using RNG Reporter 9.93 and I just RNGed a modest Litwick with nearly flawless IV`s using the capture tab, I`m not sure about other versions but if you aren`t going for a shiny egg you can just go to the capture tab in time finder and set it to gift pokemon. Just make sure that the min/max frame is set to 8. When you find an IV spread, just copy/paste the seed into RNG reporter like you normally would to find the nature you want.

Thanks... xD Also let's say I know the mother's flawless IVs are x/x/31/31/31/31. Can I just put down the IVs I know are 31 and leave the ones I'm not sure of "x" blank (as well as the father's IVs blank)? xD; I only ask because before I get a flawless ditto I want to try with a Larvesta I bred normally (lv 1) to see if I have the right idea but I don't know the first two IVs it has, only the flawless ones thanks to the IV rater (don't have that many rare candies lol).

A great way to check for IV's is to use Pokecheck (which will also tell you your SID), unless you don't have wi-fi.

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 2:00 AM
I am using RNG Reporter 9.93 and I just RNGed a modest Litwick with nearly flawless IV`s using the capture tab, I`m not sure about other versions but if you aren`t going for a shiny egg you can just go to the capture tab in time finder and set it to gift pokemon. Just make sure that the min/max frame is set to 8. When you find an IV spread, just copy/paste the seed into RNG reporter like you normally would to find the nature you want.

Ah, so I guess you can use either or then... o.o;

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 2:06 AM

Well in my version it just says 4th/5th gen shiny egg or something like that, there's not really a "non shiny egg" tab. I just find the IV spread I want using the capture tab (making sure min/max frame is 8) and then use the actual main window of RNG Reporter to specify that it is breeding.

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 2:13 AM
I kind of want to try out the egg tab though to get the hang of it (on the new RNG reporter where it says egg tab and not shiny egg...). I already know how to find standard seeds so I want to try something new. xD;

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 2:14 AM
I kind of want to try out the egg tab though to get the hang of it (on the new RNG reporter where it says egg tab and not shiny egg...). I already know how to find standard seeds so I want to try something new. xD;

Fair enough, unfortunately I can't download the new RNG reporter. There is also a huge lacking of guides in regards to newer versions of RNG reporter, which can help confuse you..

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 2:16 AM
Fair enough, unfortunately I can't download the new RNG reporter. There is also a huge lacking of guides in regards to newer versions of RNG reporter, which can help confuse you..

Definitely true. Heck I used video guides to learn both standard seed and c-gear seed and the video for c-gear seeds was outdated for the starting frame or something (been a while since I watched it). xD Had to look at the comments to figure it out.

But from what I can tell... not much has changed in terms of usage for the new RNG reporter. xD it's a lot FASTER though. I actually think the way it's presented is more clear.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 2:34 AM

not quite true actually. Your forgetting that egg RNGing takes 3 IVs from the seed and 3 from the parents. this would work if you were using 2 flawless parents and you wanted a flawless spread, but otherwise the inheritance would make this all but impossible. If you dont want a shiny then just erase your ID/SID combo and RNG reporter will give you just the flawless pokemon. Also, this method would take far longer then using the egg tab because you now need to find a hex-flawless or penta-flawless seed instead of a seed with 3 flawless IVs and 3 inherited IVs

Well in my version it just says 4th/5th gen shiny egg or something like that, there's not really a "non shiny egg" tab. I just find the IV spread I want using the capture tab (making sure min/max frame is 8) and then use the actual main window of RNG Reporter to specify that it is breeding.

it would be easier to just delete the ID/SID combo since that is what determins if a PID frame is shiny or not. Without that info in RNG Reporter, RNG reporter cant tell if you will get a shiny or not

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 2:43 AM
not quite true actually. Your forgetting that egg RNGing takes 3 IVs from the seed and 3 from the parents. this would work if you were using 2 flawless parents and you wanted a flawless spread, but otherwise the inheritance would make this all but impossible. If you dont want a shiny then just erase your ID/SID combo and RNG reporter will give you just the flawless pokemon. Also, this method would take far longer then using the egg tab because you now need to find a hex-flawless or penta-flawless seed instead of a seed with 3 flawless IVs and 3 inherited IVs

it would be easier to just delete the ID/SID combo since that is what determins if a PID frame is shiny or not. Without that info in RNG Reporter, RNG reporter cant tell if you will get a shiny or not

My mistake, I have been using (essentially) flawless parents the whole time, or at least a flawless ditto (which really makes it sooo much easier).

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 2:49 AM
My mistake, I have been using (essentially) flawless parents the whole time, or at least a flawless ditto (which really makes it sooo much easier).

its alright :) just letting you know in case you ever want a certain HP spread, like HP Fire Magnet pull Magnamite. a breed like that is almost completely dependent on the seed/inheritance combo, especially if your using flawless parents.

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 2:51 AM
its alright :) just letting you know in case you ever want a certain HP spread, like HP Fire Magnet pull Magnamite. a breed like that is almost completely dependent on the seed/inheritance combo, especially if your using flawless parents.

And dewey continues to school me haha, awesome. This forum is so much more helpful than watching/reading 10 different guides

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 2:55 AM
Man I'm having a hard time finding my shifted starting frame with the egg tab. xD;

I can write what I filled out:

year 2012 month 2 Min/Max advances 10-45 (I know it's somewhat low but either way I got a result for it... Just left it like that because it's the new default for the new RNG reporter)

Mother IVs blank/blank/31/31/31/31 (not sure if it's ok to do this lol)
Father IVs: all blank

For the middle I have all the IVs at 31 for the baby (what I'm searching for, I could go penta-flawless but I have a thing for 31s lol).

Nature: bold.
ability 0
nothing else on the right side checked out or chosen.

Everystone: none and I clicked show inheritance.

Anyway, so I have a seed. It's PID frame is 79. I copy the seed to the main window after having selected BW breeding, I don't have the Ditto checked since I'm using a female and male Larvesta I bred traditionally before (but not flawless). My initial frame says 49, so I try to find my initial starting frame (which I know how to do) but I keep getting Lonely nature from the egg and it's nowhere near the starting frame the reporter gives me. I did try my other timer0 but I still can't find my shifted starting frame. @_@ I've been able to find my SSF for Wondercards so I don't see how it can be so different... It's hard to tell which PID frame I hit because all it shows is for example: "[frame] [chatot pitch] [PID] [!!!] [Jolly] [ability 1] [Dream world true] [HP FE] [ATK MA] [DEF ] [SPA ] [SPD MA] [SPE ]. And no specific IVs.

^^;

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 3:17 AM
Man I'm having a hard time finding my shifted starting frame with the egg tab. xD;

I can write what I filled out:

year 2012 month 2 Min/Max advances 10-45 (I know it's somewhat low but either way I got a result for it... Just left it like that because it's the new default for the new RNG reporter)

Mother IVs blank/blank/31/31/31/31 (not sure if it's ok to do this lol)
Father IVs: all blank

For the middle I have all the IVs at 31 for the baby (what I'm searching for, I could go penta-flawless but I have a thing for 31s lol).

Nature: bold.
ability 0
nothing else on the right side checked out or chosen.

Everystone: none and I clicked show inheritance.

Anyway, so I have a seed. It's PID frame is 79. I copy the seed to the main window after having selected BW breeding, I don't have the Ditto checked since I'm using a female and male Larvesta I bred traditionally before (but not flawless). My initial frame says 49, so I try to find my initial starting frame (which I know how to do) but I keep getting Lonely nature from the egg and it's nowhere near the starting frame the reporter gives me. I did try my other timer0 but I still can't find my shifted starting frame. @_@ I've been able to find my SSF for Wondercards so I don't see how it can be so different... It's hard to tell which PID frame I hit because all it shows is for example: "[frame] [chatot pitch] [PID] [!!!] [Jolly] [ability 1] [Dream world true] [HP FE] [ATK MA] [DEF ] [SPA ] [SPD MA] [SPE ]. And no specific IVs.

^^;

if you unclick the "show inheritance" it will give you the IVs instead of the [HP FE] [ATK MA] [DEF ] [SPA ] [SPD MA] [SPE ]. However i can see a problem with you seed. It says that the Atk and Spd stat are being inherited from the MAle parent and the HP is being inherited from the FEmale parent. If you want a flawless pokemon this is bad b/c the 3 IVs that are being passed down are not flawless. the male IVs are all random and the female HP IV is not 31, yet those IVs are what the egg is inheriting. It looks like you will need to fill in the IVs to get better results b/c the seed you have now doesnt look like a workable seed. That could also explain why its hard to find your SSF

PlasmaYay
23rd February 2012, 3:23 AM
I'm having trouble finding my PID with smogons app thing, could anybody somebody find it for me?
Shiny Male Ampharos
Lv 30, Docile
Static

IVs
26 / 7 / 19 / 0 / 15 / 8

0 EVs

Hidden Power Water
54 Damage

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 3:38 AM
if you unclick the "show inheritance" it will give you the IVs instead of the [HP FE] [ATK MA] [DEF ] [SPA ] [SPD MA] [SPE ]. However i can see a problem with you seed. It says that the Atk and Spd stat are being inherited from the MAle parent and the HP is being inherited from the FEmale parent. If you want a flawless pokemon this is bad b/c the 3 IVs that are being passed down are not flawless. the male IVs are all random and the female HP IV is not 31, yet those IVs are what the egg is inheriting. It looks like you will need to fill in the IVs to get better results b/c the seed you have now doesnt look like a workable seed. That could also explain why its hard to find your SSF

Oh, thanks. xD I'll try unclicking.

Well the example I gave wasn't for the frame I'm aiming for, but for the starting frame the reporter gives me (48). The frame I'm aiming for (frame 79) has only IVs inherited by the mother (and only for the stats that are flawless for the mother). Is it still a problem, knowing that, anyway? If that changes things, then I still don't get why I'm getting Lonely when it's nowhere near frame 48 (heck it doesn't even seem close to frame 79)... Again it could be my timer0 trolling me but I tried seeds with the other timer0 too...

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 3:41 AM
I'm having trouble finding my PID with smogons app thing, could anybody somebody find it for me?
Shiny Male Ampharos
Lv 30, Docile
Static

IVs
26 / 7 / 19 / 0 / 15 / 8

0 EVs

Hidden Power Water
54 Damage

why do you need to know the pokemons PID? anyway, just upload it to pokecheck and it will tell you the PID :)

Oh, thanks. xD I'll try unclicking.

Well the example I gave wasn't for the frame I'm aiming for, but for the starting frame the reporter gives me (48). The frame I'm aiming for (frame 79) has only IVs inherited by the mother (and only for the stats that are flawless for the mother). Is it still a problem, knowing that, anyway? If that changes things, then I still don't get why I'm getting Lonely when it's nowhere near frame 48 (heck it doesn't even seem close to frame 79)... Again it could be my timer0 trolling me but I tried seeds with the other timer0 too...

ah my bad. In that case it might still work (ive never tried to RNG this way so im not certain) . In that case then you are probably just missing your seed

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 3:47 AM
why do you need to know the pokemons PID? anyway, just upload it to pokecheck and it will tell you the PID :)

ah my bad. In that case it might still work (ive never tried to RNG this way so im not certain) . In that case then you are probably just missing your seed

Well... I honestly doubt I'm missing my seed. I'm usually pretty spot on with standard seeds. @_@ But I guess I'll keep trying... It's kind of weird how the species tab on the main window says Nidoran F/Volbeat. :/ But I don't know if that's relevant or how to change that.

And what way do you usually RNG eggs? o.o

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 3:53 AM
Well... I honestly doubt I'm missing my seed. I'm usually pretty spot on with standard seeds. @_@ But I guess I'll keep trying... It's kind of weird how the species tab on the main window says Nidoran F/Volbeat. :/ But I don't know if that's relevant or how to change that.

And what way do you usually RNG eggs? o.o

another thing to try is adjusting the starting PID frame. If RNG reporter says your SSF is 48 put in 40 and see if you can see the nature your getting.

The Nidoran F/Volbeat indicates which of those pokemon you will get. Nidoran and Volbeat lines are different from other breeding types due to how the gender is determined. so if you need a certain Nidoran gender or a Volbeat/Illimuse you will need to look at that instead of the gender in time finder.

I like egg RNGing b/c its quick and easy (once you get the hang of it :p) and it gives you the option of egg moves. i like the ability to customize my pokemon with egg moves and give them my own special touch :D but im not sure what you mean when you say "what way" :p

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 3:59 AM
another thing to try is adjusting the starting PID frame. If RNG reporter says your SSF is 48 put in 40 and see if you can see the nature your getting.

The Nidoran F/Volbeat indicates which of those pokemon you will get. Nidoran and Volbeat lines are different from other breeding types due to how the gender is determined. so if you need a certain Nidoran gender or a Volbeat/Illimuse you will need to look at that instead of the gender in time finder.

I like egg RNGing b/c its quick and easy (once you get the hang of it :p) and it gives you the option of egg moves. i like the ability to customize my pokemon with egg moves and give them my own special touch :D but im not sure what you mean when you say "what way" :p

Oh.

Well you said: "ive never tried to RNG this way so im not certain."

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 4:00 AM

Probably means which tab in the reporter do you use to RNG eggs. But I could be wrong.

Okay so my natures are so damn consistent, but nothing matches with the Reporter at all!:S

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 4:11 AM
Probably means which tab in the reporter do you use to RNG eggs. But I could be wrong.

Okay so my natures are so damn consistent, but nothing matches with the Reporter at all!:S

Well no... He told me (if he's a he, if not "she" lol) to use the egg tab so I'm guessing he uses the same. I'm just wondering what was meant by "ive never tried to RNG this way so im not certain." o3o That's all.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 4:13 AM
Well no... He told me (if he's a he, if not "she" lol) to use the egg tab so I'm guessing he uses the same. I'm just wondering what was meant by "ive never tried to RNG this way so im not certain." o3o That's all.

lol, i meant ive never tried to RNG without filling in all of the IVs so im not certain if RNG reporter will still give you viable seeds without filling in all of the IVs

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 4:21 AM
lol, i meant ive never tried to RNG without filling in all of the IVs so im not certain if RNG reporter will still give you viable seeds without filling in all of the IVs

Oh well it does work lol. You only need to fill in 3 of the boxes for the reporter to work.

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 4:42 AM
Oh well it does work lol. You only need to fill in 3 of the boxes for the reporter to work.

You've gotten successful eggs that way? xD If so that's good to know... I haven't tried since I last posted and I might do another Entralink RNG soon so that kind of puts a halt to it.

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 4:50 AM
You've gotten successful eggs that way? xD If so that's good to know... I haven't tried since I last posted and I might do another Entralink RNG soon so that kind of puts a halt to it.

No, but's it possible. I always just fill in the IV spots of the parent Ditto will be.

Soueto
23rd February 2012, 5:18 AM
Alright guys, need some help again to get a Flawless Bold Larvesta egg from the guy at route 18. My starting frame is 46 and I found a seed at the 46th frame, bold, shiny and with the IV's I want.

I got the egg, hatched it, it was Bold and "often dozes off", but not shiny, which I didn't care. So I took it to the daycare up to lvl 37 and checked the IVs, they were all wrong.

I really don't know what I did wrong =/

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 5:29 AM
Alright guys, need some help again to get a Flawless Bold Larvesta egg from the guy at route 18. My starting frame is 46 and I found a seed at the 46th frame, bold, shiny and with the IV's I want.

I got the egg, hatched it, it was Bold and "often dozes off", but not shiny, which I didn't care. So I took it to the daycare up to lvl 37 and checked the IVs, they were all wrong.

I really don't know what I did wrong =/

It means you didn't hit your frame. I think there's a NPC in the room so you might not be at 46. Try one with a higher PID frame then the starting frame.

Soueto
23rd February 2012, 5:30 AM
It means you didn't hit your frame. I think there's a NPC in the room so you might not be at 46. Try one with a higher PID frame then the starting frame.

There are 3 NPCs in the room, but as soon as the season screen fades I talk to him, which means i'm still on frame 46, right?

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 5:39 AM
There are 3 NPCs in the room, but as soon as the season screen fades I talk to him, which means i'm still on frame 46, right?

While the screen is fading the NPCs can still move. So no you're not.

Soueto
23rd February 2012, 5:47 AM
While the screen is fading the NPCs can still move. So no you're not.

Makes sense...
Dang, this is too hard >.<

Stationary and wild pokes are so easier.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 5:54 AM

Since its an egg though should the IVs still be the same? It looks like you missed your seed entirely and not just your PID frame. I breed Larvesta so I'm not sure how the the IVs are calculated, but i thought they were always on IV frame 2 and it would just be a standard PID RNG. On a related note, did you select the larvesta egg option under the capture tab?

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 5:59 AM
Well I hit my seed pretty fast for Entralink RNG (way faster than last time I did it). xD Wrong nature though (of course). Got Mild... Time to try again and again for the right nature.

Soueto
23rd February 2012, 6:04 AM
Since its an egg though should the IVs still be the same? It looks like you missed your seed entirely and not just your PID frame. I breed Larvesta so I'm not sure how the the IVs are calculated, but i thought they were always on IV frame 2 and it would just be a standard PID RNG. On a related note, did you select the larvesta egg option under the capture tab?

Yes, I did.
I really don't care about Shinies, all I want is a Bold Flawless Sp.A Larvesta.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 6:08 AM
Yes, I did.
I really don't care about Shinies, all I want is a Bold Flawless Sp.A Larvesta.

well once you hit your seed and find your SSF it should just be a simple PID RNG with a few Chatot flips to get you your nature

The Eleventh
23rd February 2012, 8:16 AM
Well I hit my seed pretty fast for Entralink RNG (way faster than last time I did it). xD Wrong nature though (of course). Got Mild... Time to try again and again for the right nature.
I'm also Entralink RNGing at the moment. It's definitely the hardest form of RNG, but I have hit my seed several times. I'm also trying to abuse the PIDRNG while doing it, which has proven to be difficult.

Lineaire
23rd February 2012, 8:21 AM
I'm also Entralink RNGing at the moment. It's definitely the hardest form of RNG, but I have hit my seed several times. I'm also trying to abuse the PIDRNG while doing it, which has proven to be difficult.

I'm using the same seed (cause with this seed I don't have to walk around lol) as last time but I'm kind of relaxed when trying to hit delays. xD I don't hit it all the time (get tired of it pretty quickly) but still... I'm confident I can get the right one again (nature and all). I also tried to manipulate the PIDRNG last time, but for now I'm just practicing hitting my delays again. @_@ Been a while. Standard seed just spoils us~ xD

Agonist
23rd February 2012, 2:40 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/133.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Anticipation {Magic Bounce}
31 | 14 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Helping Hand | Wish | Yawn | Stored Power

My Timer0 was trolling me all day yesterday, so this took ****ing forever. Hopefully when I go to do other HP variations I can get them first try, like normal.

Killer_Flygon
23rd February 2012, 5:15 PM
@SpeedSuicune & Linearie - Entralink abuse is a royal pain in the *** since nearly delays and uncontrollable PID advancements will troll you hard, but it's worth it in the end. Please note that if you done 4th gen abuse before it's not as bad since it's similar/same to wondercard abuse in 4th gen.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/592.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.png
#592 Frillish [King Jelly]
Nature: Bold | Ability: Water Absorb | Type: Water/Ghost
Hidden Power: Dark 68
IV: 31/1/31/31/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 13
Moves: Water Sport | Absorb | Night Shade | BubbleBeam

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/592f.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
#592 Frillish [Queen Jam]
EV: UT | Level: 8
Moves: Bubble | Water Sport | Absorb | ----

Just some jellies I did a few days back. I purposely did the female as a non-shiny as I dislike her shiny coloring.

pwnswitchclik
23rd February 2012, 5:58 PM
I forgot to ask: since I haven't RNGed for wild pokemon in a while, I'll need some guidance with 'version 9.94. With this I begin by asking what is the min/max frame textboxes for?

RNG_Reporter
23rd February 2012, 7:16 PM
I'm trying to explain to some kid the reasons RNG is superior to AR and why it isn't a waste of time.

Can't convince the guy.. any main points I should touch upon?

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 7:27 PM
I forgot to ask: since I haven't RNGed for wild pokemon in a while, I'll need some guidance with 'version 9.94. With this I begin by asking what is the min/max frame textboxes for?

it depends on which section of RNG Reporter your looking at. Since you mentioned wild pokemon im assuming your looking at the capture tab in which case the min/max boxes represent your min/max IV frame

I'm trying to explain to some kid the reasons RNG is superior to AR and why it isn't a waste of time.

Can't convince the guy.. any main points I should touch upon?

the who point of RNGing is to get flawless pokemon and, as far as i know, there is no AR code that generates flawless pokemon. Also, using an AR is using an external device to generate pokemon and is considered cheating. RNGing, on the other hand, takes a lot of hard work, time , patience, energy and skill to pull off. No external devices are used or even needed and the pokemon is generated by the normal, routine, everyday game mechanics, just the way game freak intended them to be. AR is either a child's toy used to generate a shiny Arceus on route 12 or its a useful tool to hatch 400 eggs in 15 minutes, but it does nothing significant for the player and is more of a luxury then a necessity. RNGing generates a specific pokemon in a legit fashion that is the perfect pokemon for the RNGers team, or trade. AR is cheating whereas RNGing is skilled, tactical strategy.

All in all though your probably wasting your time. Most people dont under stand RNGing and so their idea about it is uneducated and uninformed. He will probably just keep saying the same thing because he will never understand the difference unless he takes the time to learn.

The Eleventh
23rd February 2012, 8:34 PM
@SpeedSuicune & Linearie - Entralink abuse is a royal pain in the *** since nearly delays and uncontrollable PID advancements will troll you hard, but it's worth it in the end. Please note that if you done 4th gen abuse before it's not as bad since it's similar/same to wondercard abuse in 4th gen.
Yeah, I can RNG on Gen IV. However, being as precise as 1/60 of a second is much harder than 1/30 of a second. Anyway, here's something I RNGed a few minutes ago.

http://i.imgur.com/RHx2w.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/FcL7t.png
Cian | 09100 | N/A
Timid | Levitate | Valor Cavern
Nasty Plot | Sleep Talk | Stealth Rock | Trick
31 | 17 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

This was one of my most painful RNGs. Azelf's Nasty Plot allowed it to 2HKO all of my team members once it had boosted enough, and Uproar stopped me putting it to sleep. I'll be RNGing Uxie next. Are there any other potentially usable Gen IV-exclusive moves for Azelf?

RNG_Reporter
23rd February 2012, 8:36 PM
Ha yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I basically just let him know, that if you just want to 'dick around' and do stupid stuff on your file.. use an AR and hope it doesnt ruin your game.

But if you want to actually have some meaningful stuff and pokemon that you can trade around with legitimacy.. RNG or MMing, breeding, is the way to go.

But yeah, he kept posting, "why waste hours on things i can do in 5 minutes"

either way.. all good.. dont worry about responding to this, don't want you to waste your own time on discussing this further, lol.

Ryze
23rd February 2012, 8:47 PM
Ha yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I basically just let him know, that if you just want to 'dick around' and do stupid stuff on your file.. use an AR and hope it doesnt ruin your game.

But if you want to actually have some meaningful stuff and pokemon that you can trade around with legitimacy.. RNG or MMing, breeding, is the way to go.

But yeah, he kept posting, "why waste hours on things i can do in 5 minutes"

either way.. all good.. dont worry about responding to this, don't want you to waste your own time on discussing this further, lol.

Most people tend to get bored fast using an AR, since you don't really get a sense of reward.

Anyway, I think I'm going to RNG a shiny modest (lol) Metagross for the battle subway tonight... My Chandelure is getting owned

AquaRegisteel
23rd February 2012, 8:50 PM
Yeah, I can RNG on Gen IV. However, being as precise as 1/60 of a second is much harder than 1/30 of a second. Anyway, here's something I RNGed a few minutes ago.

http://i.imgur.com/RHx2w.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/FcL7t.png
Cian | 09100 | N/A
Timid | Levitate | Valor Cavern
Nasty Plot | Sleep Talk | Stealth Rock | Trick
31 | 17 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

This was one of my most painful RNGs. Azelf's Nasty Plot allowed it to 2HKO all of my team members once it had boosted enough, and Uproar stopped me putting it to sleep. I'll be RNGing Uxie next. Are there any other potentially usable Gen IV-exclusive moves for Azelf?

Nice job! I believe that the elemental punches are usable, and stuff like Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt are useful too.

FairyWitch
23rd February 2012, 8:56 PM
I got a question i have my english frillish and my japanese flawless ditto im rng breeding for a shiny frillish...now the question is i have the program for windows and i do i use the bw international tab or just the black and white tab since my ditto is japanese? please help just want to make sure im doing it right...

edit:when i try to hit my seed to calculate the pid frame for the frame i have to see the chatot summary im not in the range that matches the 5 frames it should fall into to calculate the pid to get to the shiny frame its like maybe a bit off by one frame...not sure what im doing wrong...im using the non c-gear method...am i suppose be using the bw or (bw)international?? please help...

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 9:50 PM
I got a question i have my english frillish and my japanese flawless ditto im rng breeding for a shiny frillish...now the question is i have the program for windows and i do i use the bw international tab or just the black and white tab since my ditto is japanese? please help just want to make sure im doing it right...

edit:when i try to hit my seed to calculate the pid frame for the frame i have to see the chatot summary im not in the range that matches the 5 frames it should fall into to calculate the pid to get to the shiny frame its like maybe a bit off by one frame...not sure what im doing wrong...im using the non c-gear method...am i suppose be using the bw or (bw)international?? please help...

you will need to use the international breeding option under the egg tab and you will have to make sure the ditto parent checkbox is checked. After thata you wil need to find your seed again (because those two options will affect the PID frame) and then you should be able to get your Frillish :)

FairyWitch
23rd February 2012, 10:00 PM
you will need to use the international breeding option under the egg tab and you will have to make sure the ditto parent checkbox is checked. After thata you wil need to find your seed again (because those two options will affect the PID frame) and then you should be able to get your Frillish :)

okay so after i get the seed i need to run the frame again through the main reporter but before generating i hit calculate pid frame...after that i hatch the egg to find the which frame is within the first 5 after the two frames? then subtract the frame you got in that 5 frame and the frame you want to find the new pid frame that take that to see that chatot summary x times...then should be the frame...then trial and error from that? is that correct...if that doesn't work then see where it hit then trial and error from that? i was watching the video...

Killer_Flygon
23rd February 2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I can RNG on Gen IV. However, being as precise as 1/60 of a second is much harder than 1/30 of a second.In my mind 1/30 of a second = nearly impossible to me. 4th gen abuse I could never do because those damn guilds confuse me like all hell.

This was one of my most painful RNGs. Azelf's Nasty Plot allowed it to 2HKO all of my team members once it had boosted enough, and Uproar stopped me putting it to sleep. I'll be RNGing Uxie next. Are there any other potentially usable Gen IV-exclusive moves for Azelf?Can't think of anything useful for a Timid Azelf. The only other thing I can think of is Magic Coat.

FairyWitch
23rd February 2012, 10:32 PM
also when i start my game its okay to start a sec earlier or do i have to hit the exact time when loading the game...I noticed when i start on the exact time i don't hit the frame in that 5 frame it should hit at the starthing frame :/

Winter02
23rd February 2012, 10:49 PM
I'm years behind everyone else as usual...
But I did it at last, this is my very latest RNG:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/245.png
#245. Suicune
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Genderless
Nature: Bold | Ability: Pressure | Type: Water
Hidden Power: Dark [68] | Location caught: Route 25
IVs: 31 HP | 17 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Rain Dance / Gust / Aurora Beam / Mist

First 4th gen RNG... but definitely not my last. Hitting the right delay was not easy, it took me a lot of tries to get it right.

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 10:56 PM
also when i start my game its okay to start a sec earlier or do i have to hit the exact time when loading the game...I noticed when i start on the exact time i don't hit the frame in that 5 frame it should hit at the starthing frame :/

You have to hit A a second early because it takes the game about a second to load up.

#245. Suicune

First 4th gen RNG... but definitely not my last. Hitting the right delay was not easy, it took me a lot of tries to get it right.

Good job Winter :D

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 10:56 PM

yes you will need to start you game 1 second before your time (if your using a DS, if your using a 3DS then its 8 seconds i think

#245. Suicune

your far ahead of me :/ i havent even found my parameters on gen 4 yet and i still have to RNG half a dozen entralink pokemon. congratulations on the gen 4 success though :)

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 11:22 PM
yes you will need to start you game 1 second before your time (if your using a DS, if your using a 3DS then its 8 seconds i think

your far ahead of me :/ i havent even found my parameters on gen 4 yet and i still have to RNG half a dozen entralink pokemon. congratulations on the gen 4 success though :)

There is no searching for parameters in 4th Gen. Well there is, but very outdated when the timers were released.

dewey911p
23rd February 2012, 11:26 PM
There is no searching for parameters in 4th Gen. Well there is, but very outdated when the timers were released.

oh really? i picked Chikorita as a starter just because it learned Sweet Scent lol. once i finish tornadus and entralink RNGing i swear ill learn this stuff. Im determined!

TDawg
23rd February 2012, 11:34 PM
oh really? i picked Chikorita as a starter just because it learned Sweet Scent lol. once i finish tornadus and entralink RNGing i swear ill learn this stuff. Im determined!

Really. The timer calibrates for you. And sweet scent still helps with wild Pokemon.

Lineaire
24th February 2012, 12:22 AM

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/592.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.png
#592 Frillish [King Jelly]
EV: UT | Level: 13
Moves: Water Sport | Absorb | Night Shade | BubbleBeam

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/592f.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
#592 Frillish [Queen Jam]
EV: UT | Level: 8
Moves: Bubble | Water Sport | Absorb | ----

Just some jellies I did a few days back. I purposely did the female as a non-shiny as I dislike her shiny coloring.

Lol I know. I've already RNGed the DW Arceus... Now I'm doing my second one. I know it's hard but I'm pretty confident. xD

pwnswitchclik
24th February 2012, 12:56 AM
Well, uhh, it took me no time into changing my mind about capturing a shiny flawless cryogonal xD, so I'll try to breed it.

I forgot to ask: what is the chained shiny breeding? Isn't that when the offspring inherit 3 stats form the mother and three from the father, or something?

Agonist
24th February 2012, 1:02 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9c/Spr_5b_133.png
31 | 11 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 {Ground 70}
Helping Hand | Stored Power | Yawn | Wish
UT @ Lv. 1

31 | 3 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
UT @ Lv. 1

Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Anticipation {Hydration}
31 | 19 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/Spr_5b_133_s.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Anticipation {Chlorophyll}
31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/Spr_5b_133_s.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Anticipation {Chlorophyll}
31 | 31 | 31 | 20 | 31 | 31
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/Spr_4h_108.png
Agonist | 00001 | Careful | Cloud Nine
31 | 31 | 31 | 7 | 31 | 31
Hammer Arm | Sleep Talk | Curse | Body Slam
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/35/Spr_5b_414_s.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest / Timid | Overcoat {Tinted Lens}
31 | 15 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 {Ground 70}
Protect
UT @ Lv. 1

jolteon135
24th February 2012, 1:12 AM
I forgot to ask: what is the chained shiny breeding? Isn't that when the offspring inherit 3 stats form the mother and three from the father, or something?
Chained shiny breeding? I've never heard of such a thing. There's chained shinies (gen 4) and there's breeding but they're completely different things.

pwnswitchclik
24th February 2012, 1:38 AM
Chained shiny breeding? I've never heard of such a thing. There's chained shinies (gen 4) and there's breeding but they're completely different things.

Oh. I was somehow convinced Chained shiny was Gen 5 thing. My bad. But now I'm curious about it. What is it?

TDawg
24th February 2012, 6:46 AM
Oh. I was somehow convinced Chained shiny was Gen 5 thing. My bad. But now I'm curious about it. What is it?

Here it is (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/shiny-pokamon-pokaradar-19695/). Have fun reading.

FairyWitch
24th February 2012, 7:02 AM
ah okay i was doing it right but for some reason when i calculate it my seeds are all over the place for some reason...its hard to tell what seed i hit so im not hitting the shiny seed for some reason...for example my frame is 162 and my frame i hit was 49....162-49=113 but when i hit it its at frame 142 i need to hit frame 162 do i add 20 frames to that cuaz when i did it ended not hitting my seed for some reason please help i almost got it just making sure im doing the adding right...i did calculate my pid frame before generating in the main rng reporter...

TDawg
24th February 2012, 7:09 AM
ah okay i was doing it right but for some reason when i calculate it my seeds are all over the place for some reason...its hard to tell what seed i hit so im not hitting the shiny seed for some reason...for example my frame is 162 and my frame i hit was 49....162-49=113 but when i hit it its at frame 142 i need to hit frame 162 do i add 20 frames to that cuaz when i did it ended not hitting my seed for some reason please help i almost got it just making sure im doing the adding right...i did calculate my pid frame before generating...

You might be adjusting to something that isn't you seed. That could be messing you up. When hitting a seed you have make sure all the info follows through (besides the characteristics because there seems to be bug but will be patched in 9.95). Timer0 is probably the only thaat's going wrong for you.

FairyWitch
24th February 2012, 7:15 AM
You might be adjusting to something that isn't you seed. That could be messing you up. When hitting a seed you have make sure all the info follows through (besides the characteristics because there seems to be bug but will be patched in 9.95). Timer0 is probably the only thaat's going wrong for you.

okay then your saying my timer set for my perimeter may be off correct? just making sure im doing this right...so how do i correct this do i have to reset my peremeter for my black verision in the reporter...

The Eleventh
24th February 2012, 4:20 PM
okay then your saying my timer set for my perimeter may be off correct? just making sure im doing this right...so how do i correct this do i have to reset my peremeter for my black verision in the reporter...
If your parameters are off, just find them again. The new results will overwrite the ones present in RNG Reporter.

Winter02
24th February 2012, 10:19 PM
Good job Winter :D

Thanks guys!

And dewey, I think we are quite even as you can do Entralink RNG, which I haven't tried yet. You should be able to do 4th gen without any major problems as the natures won't be trolling you this time around.

I also got these three today:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/144.png
#144. Articuno
Nature: Calm | Ability: Pressure | Type: Ice / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [68] | Location caught: Seafoam Islands
IVs: 31 HP | 5 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Ancientpower / Agility / Ice Beam / Reflect

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/145.png
#145. Zapdos
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Electric / Flying
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location caught: Route 10
IVs: 31 HP | 22 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Ancientpower / Charge / Agility / Discharge

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/146.png
#146. Moltres
Nature: Modest | Ability: Pressure | Type: Fire / Flying
Hidden Power: Grass [70] | Location caught: Mt. Silver Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 26 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Ancientpower / Flamethrower / Safeguard / Air Slash

Hitting the right delays were much easier this time, I guess practice and getting used to it is what is most important after all.

But that can't be said about everything. Moltres was a total pain to catch, I'd like to have a speech which the person who decided to give it Safeguard and three attacking moves. The same goes for whoever decided that it shouldn't be possible to buy Timer Balls in HG/SS. I did on the other hand catch Moltres with the date set to my birthday, heavily inspired by TFTD doing the same thing here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14032624&postcount=2728).

Next up is Mewtwo, but I'm not feeling confident enough to challenge it right now.

Lineaire
24th February 2012, 10:32 PM
Managed to RNG my second DW Arceus (just to update since I mentioned trying to RNG a second one). xD I'm not sure how to make it the fancy format most people do but: it's 31/31/31/31/31/31 (I like 31s mmmkay? xD), Timid and caught in Dream Ball. Took as many days as the last one I did (although overall I spent less time on it per day) but it was still overall easier (I was more unlucky with the natures but hit my delays better).

Soueto
25th February 2012, 12:39 AM
Anyone have a Chatot to spare? any level just for the Chatter move. I don't have any good pokes to spare, but I could give a Fire Stone.
I just need this and I think i'm good to go RNGing

Lineaire
25th February 2012, 12:43 AM
I could trade you one, I just need to finish breeding something for a trade first... I'll PM you when I'm done (if you still even need one).

It's lvl 1 though, and it needs to be level 20 something before it learns chatter, just a heads up.

Soueto
25th February 2012, 1:13 AM
I could trade you one, I just need to finish breeding something for a trade first... I'll PM you when I'm done (if you still even need one).

It's lvl 1 though, and it needs to be level 20 something before it learns chatter, just a heads up.

That would be amazing, thanks!
PM me when you are ready.

Typhlosion X
25th February 2012, 4:15 AM
I've taken quite a shine (no pun intended) to Capture RNGing. I just love seeing that sparkle after the pokemon appears.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/599.gif
#599 Klink http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/010.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 25
Adamant / Plus / Genderless
31 / 31 / 31 / 13 / 31 / 31
Charge / ThunderShock / Gear Grind / Bind

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/619.gif
#619 Mienfoo http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 33
Adamant / Inner Focus / Female
31 / 31 / 31 / 13 / 31 / 31
Swift / Calm Mind / Force Palm / Drain Punch

#619 Mienfoo http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 41
Adamant / Regenerator / Male
Force Palm / Drain Punch / Jump Kick / U-turn

#619 Mienfoo http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 41
Jolly / Regenerator / Male
Force Palm / Drain Punch / Jump Kick / U-turn

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/585-summer.gif
#585 Deerling http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 32
Adamant / Sap Sipper / Female
31 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 31
Take Down / Jump Kick / Aromatherapy / Energy Ball

Darkrai_Shadowforce
25th February 2012, 4:17 AM
That would be amazing, thanks!
PM me when you are ready.

be sure to have 2, it will be easier to just flip between them.

Shockking
25th February 2012, 6:25 AM
I'm planning on doing a bunch of egg RNGs, probably this weekend but I don't really want to spend extra time getting egg moves set up, should I just download the parents off Pokecheck or get them the hard way?

Agonist
25th February 2012, 6:27 AM
Just download off of Pokecheck, unless the desired egg move combination is unavailable.

TDawg
25th February 2012, 6:41 AM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/061.png★;250;
#061 Poliwhirl | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif| ♂ | (Non-Redis)
Adamant | Water Absorb | Mischievous.
05/31/2012 | Lake of Rage | Lvl. 25
31/31/31/31/31/31 | Dark 70
Ice Punch | Focus Punch

Requested from my shop

dewey911p
25th February 2012, 7:55 AM
I'm planning on doing a bunch of egg RNGs, probably this weekend but I don't really want to spend extra time getting egg moves set up, should I just download the parents off Pokecheck or get them the hard way?

personally i do it the hard way, but i had a large collection of flawless pokemon before i started to RNG so it wasnt that hard. Sometimes i have to RNG a pokemon or 2 before i RNG my taregt pokemon, but i dont mind and it just adds to my collection :D Then there are other times when i need to ask someone to get the egg moves for me since they are gen 4 exclusive, but i dont mind that either because it means i can trade some more. its all really just personal preference :)

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/061.png★;250;
#061 Poliwhirl | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif| ♂ | (Non-Redis)
Adamant | Water Absorb | Mischievous.
05/31/2012 | Lake of Rage | Lvl. 25
31/31/31/31/31/31 | Dark 70
Ice Punch | Focus Punch

Requested from my shop

4th gen move tutor moves are so cool, i really hope the Gen 3 remakes come with the original move tutor moves they had. Im so tired of getting flawless shiny Blissy with Seismic toss just to find out its a hack :/

AquaRegisteel
25th February 2012, 10:00 AM
Dang, those RNGs make me want them so badly. I'm attempting to get a Shiny Flawless Tepig with Superpower, probably, so what nature should I aim for?

ilex222
25th February 2012, 11:12 AM
Anyone Have a written guide for DS lite RNG?

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 2:08 PM
Anyone Have a written guide for DS lite RNG?
RNGing is the same for all DS models and the 3DS. There is only one slight difference, and that's how long before your target time you press A at to start the game (it's one second for DS and DS Lite).

TDawg
25th February 2012, 5:48 PM
personally i do it the hard way, but i had a large collection of flawless pokemon before i started to RNG so it wasnt that hard. Sometimes i have to RNG a pokemon or 2 before i RNG my taregt pokemon, but i dont mind and it just adds to my collection :D Then there are other times when i need to ask someone to get the egg moves for me since they are gen 4 exclusive, but i dont mind that either because it means i can trade some more. its all really just personal preference :)

4th gen move tutor moves are so cool, i really hope the Gen 3 remakes come with the original move tutor moves they had. Im so tired of getting flawless shiny Blissy with Seismic toss just to find out its a hack :/

I know right! Hozu on Smogon has a legit shiny chansey from 3rd gen with seismic toss. He has a trade shop there.

Dang, those RNGs make me want them so badly. I'm attempting to get a Shiny Flawless Tepig with Superpower, probably, so what nature should I aim for?

Adamant or Brave if you want to make a trick room.