PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Soueto
25th February 2012, 7:24 PM
How do I search for the time of a seed using the PID? Is it possible?

Beck
25th February 2012, 7:53 PM
I've redownloaded the reporter and I'm about to go for the Mewtwo. What's the difference between Wondercard and GLAN Wondercard? Are there any notable changes from previous Wondercard RNGs? Thanks!

TDawg
25th February 2012, 7:55 PM
I've redownloaded the reporter and I'm about to go for the Mewtwo. What's the difference between Wondercard and GLAN Wondercard? Are there any notable changes from previous Wondercard RNGs? Thanks!

GLAN Wonder card is Gender Locked Any Nature. So things like Thundurus are GLAN, but Mewtwo are normal wondercards.

Beck
25th February 2012, 8:00 PM
GLAN Wonder card is Gender Locked Any Nature. So things like Thundurus are GLAN, but Mewtwo are normal wondercards.

Perfect, thanks T! Let's see if I still know what I'm doing. :p

TDawg
25th February 2012, 8:03 PM
Perfect, thanks T! Let's see if I still know what I'm doing. :p

Good luck :P Should be pretty easy since it's 5th Gen Wondercards.

Beck
25th February 2012, 8:13 PM
Good luck :P Should be pretty easy since it's 5th Gen Wondercards.

Hopefully! And one more question! What is a reasonable number(s) for Min / Max Advancements? The default is 0 / 6, but I wasn't sure how lax I can be when searching for extremely specific criteria without having to do too many advances. Thanks again.

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 8:17 PM
Hopefully! And one more question! What is a reasonable number(s) for Min / Max Advancements? The default is 0 / 6, but I wasn't sure how lax I can be when searching for extremely specific criteria without having to do too many advances. Thanks again.
Whatever you feel comfortable doing, really. I set fifty as my maximum. You should find sufficient seeds with that, and if you don't, you can always resort to keypresses.

Beck
25th February 2012, 8:19 PM
Whatever you feel comfortable doing, really. I set fifty as my maximum. You should find sufficient seeds with that, and if you don't, you can always resort to keypresses.

Alright, that seems to work for me. I've never been overly familiar with Wondercard RNGs, so I'm merely taking some extra baby steps. I'll play around with my criteria and restrictions and see what I get.

TDawg
25th February 2012, 8:30 PM
Alright, that seems to work for me. I've never been overly familiar with Wondercard RNGs, so I'm merely taking some extra baby steps. I'll play around with my criteria and restrictions and see what I get.

For wondercards it should be 50 to 200. Because you only have to advance the PID frame. It's a much easier egg. 50 as a maximum seems pretty low.

FairyWitch
25th February 2012, 8:38 PM
I finally got my frillish guys thanks for all your guys help :)

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/592.gif
Male
Ability 0 water absorb
31/27/31/31/31/5
hidden power: dark

well just one more question is there a way to see results from the seed with hp? on the windows program at all? not just the inheritance on the main reporter?

AquaRegisteel
25th February 2012, 8:50 PM
Good job with that Eeveelover ^.^ It's a good RNG to do, for sure.

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 8:53 PM
For wondercards it should be 50 to 200. Because you only have to advance the PID frame. It's a much easier egg. 50 as a maximum seems pretty low.
Why force yourself to do more advances when you can do less?

well just one more question is there a way to see results from the seed with hp? on the windows program at all? not just the inheritance on the main reporter?
I don't quite understand what you mean.

FairyWitch
25th February 2012, 8:59 PM
Why force yourself to do more advances when you can do less?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

on the mac version they show hidden power and everything which the windows version doesn't...im just asking is it possible with the widows version to see the hidden power as well not just the inheritance for rng breeding on the actual main reporter for the seed your trying to hit...it would be even more easier what frame you hit and need to adjust to hit the correct pid frame...

Edit:also thanks aqua :)

dewey911p
25th February 2012, 9:46 PM
on the mac version they show hidden power and everything which the windows version doesn't...im just asking is it possible with the widows version to see the hidden power as well not just the inheritance for rng breeding on the actual main reporter for the seed your trying to hit...it would be even more easier what frame you hit and need to adjust to hit the correct pid frame...

Edit:also thanks aqua :)

in the main window right click and hit "Display Parents in Search" (or something to that effect). From there enter in the IVs of the male and female parent and the IVs of the IV frame. to find the IVs of the IV frame set the main window to standard seed, wild pokemon and look for frame 8 (the IV frame for eggs) Input those IVs in the bottom row and click display. This will display the IVs of each frame on your seed

Beck
25th February 2012, 10:16 PM
What is the SF for Wondercard RNG?

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 10:20 PM
What is the SF for Wondercard RNG?
Each seed has a different starting frame. Find it as you would for any other seed.

Beck
25th February 2012, 10:22 PM
Each seed has a different starting frame. Find it as you would for any other seed.

Oops, you're right. Thanks.

Vandslaux
25th February 2012, 10:46 PM
I'm very confused about RNGing my IDs in BW. First of all:

Does already having a save file affect the RNG? Trying to figure it out before I go delete my save.
Could somebody hold my shiny/event RNGs until I start my new game?
Which am I supposed to enter, the seed I get from the method IVs (Standard Seed), or the one I get from when I select PIDRNG as the method?

I'm going for shiny IDs for Thundurus. Will these IDs be useful for anything more than that?

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Does already having a save file affect the RNG? Trying to figure it out before I go delete my save.
No. As long as it's deleted before you go about RNGing your ID/SID, you'll be fine.

Which am I supposed to enter, the seed I get from the method IVs (Standard Seed), or the one I get from when I select PIDRNG as the method?
Enter the seed you got in the Time Finder window (IVs (Standard Seed)), and the frame you want to make shiny. You'll have to find something in the hundreds for Thundurus. Once you find a TID/SID combination, enter it into the main window, along with your seed, to make sure that it causes the desired PIDRNG frame to be shiny. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJi-T_dPxH8) was quite helpful to me when I RNGed my ID/SID on my Black version (and the roamer).

I'm going for shiny IDs for Thundurus. Will these IDs be useful for anything more than that?
No, since the PIDRNG frame you make shiny will be in the hundreds. You should be able to find shiny frames without ID abuse for all other Pokémon, anyway.

Beck
25th February 2012, 11:14 PM
Is there any reason why my Synch Pokemon wouldn't be working? The seed is synch-able, and I'm hitting both my seed and my anticipated frame (the result has my IVs and the Nature I don't mean to get).

Vandslaux
25th February 2012, 11:17 PM
Put my seed in + the frame, got an ID combo from Pandora's Box, I put those IDs into the main window, and the frame doesn't appear shiny for the seed. Why? If it's of any note, the seed had Starter: False.

The Eleventh
25th February 2012, 11:22 PM
Is there any reason why my Synch Pokemon wouldn't be working? The seed is synch-able, and I'm hitting both my seed and my anticipated frame (the result has my IVs and the Nature I don't mean to get).
Synchronizers don't work with Wonder Cards.

Put my seed in + the frame, got an ID combo from Pandora's Box, I put those IDs into the main window, and the frame doesn't appear shiny for the seed. Why?
Do any of the frames nearby appear shiny? If so, simply adjust the frame you enter in Pandora's Box.

Vandslaux
25th February 2012, 11:32 PM
Tried that, and the closest one is WAY off. 35,876.

EDIT: Actually, it was showing that because I accidentally had it filtering everything but Timid, it was 3 frames ahead, so I set it 3 frames back, and the Timid frame was shiny :)

I think I'm going to play through the game the way it was meant to be played, which does not include using Mewtwo, if the event's still going on.

FairyWitch
26th February 2012, 1:10 AM
in the main window right click and hit "Display Parents in Search" (or something to that effect). From there enter in the IVs of the male and female parent and the IVs of the IV frame. to find the IVs of the IV frame set the main window to standard seed, wild pokemon and look for frame 8 (the IV frame for eggs) Input those IVs in the bottom row and click display. This will display the IVs of each frame on your seed

oh i know that lol i got my shiny frillish i wanted but i was just asking if theres a way to display hidden powers of the each frame you hatch so i can make sure what im hatching not just the nature, inheritance, and ability only...thanks for attempting my question though :) I was infrormed that mac program displays everything...

Myrrh
26th February 2012, 2:56 AM
I'm trying to RNG the Wondercard Victini again and have a question. I hit my seed (I think) and check its IVs, but that spread does not appear on RNG reporter. What might I be doing wrong? Should I try to do it at exactly the second i'm supposed to instead of one before or something?

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 2:57 AM
Have you calibrated?

If not, do so. If you have, then it's Timer0 fluctuation. You're advancing the PIDRNG, right?

Myrrh
26th February 2012, 3:01 AM
I've calibrated before yes and successfully RNGd a Virizion, Cobalion and Kyurem. But I generated this seed with my newly fixed computer where I just input the values from my previous calibration into this one.

I'm not advancing the frame. The guide says to just hit the seed first to find the initial frame.

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 3:05 AM
Oh. Then just keep trying. I'm assuming you're holding keypresses.

Myrrh
26th February 2012, 3:11 AM
I am, I must not be reaching them to hold fast enough or something. Does talking to the delivery man in a way that makes him turn advance the PID frame?

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 3:14 AM
No.

10char

Myrrh
26th February 2012, 3:59 AM
I feel ssssooooooo stupid right now. My time was 1:29:30 and I put 13:29:30 on my DS cause I thought it was 1 PM.

I got my victini now though 31 in everything except special attack adamant.

Thank you for your help.

Pipboy9000
26th February 2012, 5:15 AM
Ok, so I need some help using the RNG Reporter 9.94 Beta.
I'm able to enter in all the DS parameter stuff and get a result that shows the "actual seconds", seed, etc. After that, I click on "use result in timefinder". Then it brings me to the "capture" tab of the time finder menu. I enter in all the IV's natures, etc. that I want to find on the poke, however, when I click "generate" nothing comes up. Any help?

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 5:22 AM
Are you even waiting for anything? It takes a bit to find a seed.

FairyWitch
26th February 2012, 5:25 AM
Ok, so I need some help using the RNG Reporter 9.94 Beta.
I'm able to enter in all the DS parameter stuff and get a result that shows the "actual seconds", seed, etc. After that, I click on "use result in timefinder". Then it brings me to the "capture" tab of the time finder menu. I enter in all the IV's natures, etc. that I want to find on the poke, however, when I click "generate" nothing comes up. Any help?

I see are you trying to search in the wild or are you trying to breed? Also, I was having trouble with that too for a sec cuaz i have the old version and the new version...Im still having trouble getting the results on the newer version of the reporter...if your breeding though you need the egg tab to do breeding...I got results...are you searching for flawless as well...you may have to narrow down your criteria as well or change the month...I still use the beta 9.93 version but it still works...

Edit: oh also i rnged a new poke today :D think im getting the hang of it...

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/610.gif
ability 1 mold breaker
31/31/31/14/31/31

Pipboy9000
26th February 2012, 5:29 AM
Lol, yes I did wait. I see the little mini loading screen with the green bar. However, no results show up. I didn't think of changing the month, however, I did change from all IV's =31 to all IV's >=31. And yes, I am looking for wild pokemon, not breeding.
Another question, do I have to capture a new pokemon and enter it into the DS parameter everytime I want to RNG?

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 5:33 AM
I'm RNGing my ID/SID on my White, and I noticed that I got frame 29 when I should've gotten the starting frame, 28. Why is this? Does saying Yes also advance it, making the lowest possible frame 29?

EDIT: if it helps, I'm consistently getting the TID 16015. I'm going for 20661

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 6:43 AM
Does having 2 Wonder Card pokemon with the Delivery Man (Victini and Mewtwo) affect the RNG at all? I will RNG them separately but I was wondering if having both with him affects it at all.

TDawg
26th February 2012, 6:44 AM
Does having 2 Wonder Card pokemon with the Delivery Man (Victini and Mewtwo) affect the RNG at all? I will RNG them separately but I was wondering if having both with him affects it at all.

No it doesn't.

Beck
26th February 2012, 7:24 AM
Got around to obtaining my flawless Timid Mewtwo. Thank you to all who pointed me in the right direction.

Darkrai_Shadowforce
26th February 2012, 7:28 AM
Another question, do I have to capture a new pokemon and enter it into the DS parameter everytime I want to RNG?

No you don't need to do it anymore. It's automatically saved in your RNG reporter.

If you need to RNG on a different version, you only have to open your "5th Gen DS parameters setup" tab and change your timer0 and your current version as long as you remember the numbers. I saved them in my notepad.
Sometimes you need to change your Vcount and Vframe as well (but those things happen rarely.)

If you're planning to use a different ds, you need to calibrate again.

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 7:45 AM
I am getting really frustrated with the Parameter search. I have every box filled in with the correct information (except full value of initial seed) and I can't get any results. Any help please?

P.S. I will also be on the this (http://xat.com/TheRNGBrotherhood) xat if you wish to speak to me there.

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 8:58 AM
I am getting really frustrated with the Parameter search. I have every box filled in with the correct information (except full value of initial seed) and I can't get any results. Any help please?

P.S. I will also be on the this (http://xat.com/TheRNGBrotherhood) xat if you wish to speak to me there.

are you recording the exact time and date, down to the second, of when you press a to load the game from the DS main screen? Not the time you catch the pokemon, or the time you enter the game world, but the time you load from the main screen? Also, how are you checking IVs?

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 9:10 AM
are you recording the exact time and date, down to the second, of when you press a to load the game from the DS main screen? Not the time you catch the pokemon, or the time you enter the game world, but the time you load from the main screen? Also, how are you checking IVs?

I recorded the exact time and date, might have been off by 1 or 2 seconds which is why i retryed with other second numbers but still failed. I "checked" the time when i pressed A to enter the game from the DSiXL menu (I am using a DSiXL so I was waiting for the minute to change since the clock is digital).

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 9:16 AM
I recorded the exact time and date, might have been off by 1 or 2 seconds which is why i retryed with other second numbers but still failed. I "checked" the time when i pressed A to enter the game from the DSiXL menu (I am using a DSiXL so I was waiting for the minute to change since the clock is digital).

hmmm, well then, what version of RNG reporter are you using? the older versions didnt support the DSi, but i assume you downloaded the more recent one. Are you sure you have everything properly filled out? DS MAC address, which version you are using (black or white) time and date, etc etc? And your not pushing any buttons after you hit A to load the game are you?

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 9:18 AM
hmmm, well then, what version of RNG reporter are you using? the older versions didnt support the DSi, but i assume you downloaded the more recent one. Are you sure you have everything properly filled out? DS MAC address, which version you are using (black or white) time and date, etc etc? And your not pushing any buttons after you hit A to load the game are you?

I did rapidly press A to skip through the starting sequence to get to the game's menu, would that affect anything?

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 9:23 AM
I did rapidly press A to skip through the starting sequence to get to the game's menu, would that affect anything?

yup, that would affect everything. Dont push any buttons until the white nintendo splash screen pops up. Try it again without mashing A and see if you get any results. Note, however, that you can mash whatever button you want after the nintendo splash screens pops up, but before that dont touch any buttons or it will throw off your results. This will become important later on as you progress with RNGing, but for now just dont touch the buttons while the game loads :p

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 9:39 AM
Parameters worked after that but now there's a new problem (sorry, this is my first time). I was looking at the Method drop down menu and these are the only choices:
IVs (Standard Seed)
IVs (C-Gear Seed)
PIDRNG
Wondercard
GLAN Wondercard

This guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3159941&postcount=2) that I am using requires me to pick Method 5 (C-Gear Seed) but that is not an option (yes, I am attempting Entralink Abuse). I am thinking I should use C-Gear Seed for IVs but I am not entierly sure. Thanks in advance for all the help.

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 9:59 AM
Parameters worked after that but now there's a new problem (sorry, this is my first time). I was looking at the Method drop down menu and these are the only choices:
IVs (Standard Seed)
IVs (C-Gear Seed)
PIDRNG
Wondercard
GLAN Wondercard

This guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3159941&postcount=2) that I am using requires me to pick Method 5 (C-Gear Seed) but that is not an option (yes, I am attempting Entralink Abuse). I am thinking I should use C-Gear Seed for IVs but I am not entierly sure. Thanks in advance for all the help.

your correct, you would select IVs (C-Gear Seed) to search for a seed for entralink abuse

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 10:21 AM
I think I have IV Frames down but I want to double check to be safe. My target frame is 26, so I will need to walk 640 steps with 5 pokemon to get to my target frame, right?

The Eleventh
26th February 2012, 12:40 PM
I think I have IV Frames down but I want to double check to be safe. My target frame is 26, so I will need to walk 640 steps with 5 pokemon to get to my target frame, right?
You'd have to walk 128 steps with five Pokémon.

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 3:11 PM
I think this got skipped. Does saying Yes advance the RNG when you're RNGing your ID, making the lowest possible target frame 29?

The Eleventh
26th February 2012, 3:54 PM
I think this got skipped. Does saying Yes advance the RNG when you're RNGing your ID, making the lowest possible target frame 29?
I'm not completely certain, as it's been a while since I RNGed my ID/SID in Black, but I don't think it does; only "No".

Regiultima
26th February 2012, 4:31 PM

Saying Yes with the C-Gear actually seeds your RNG. I am new at this and am not entirely sure what the effect of this is, but i'm pretty sure it's not good (unless you're entralink RNGing which causes you to seed your game a second time).

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 4:37 PM
I'm RNGing my ID, as in when Juniper asks if that's my name.

Also, will a 561 frame even be high enough for Thundurus? The seed's in Summer. Or should I probably find a 750+ frame?

So I'm guessing I'll have to find a 35+ seed, find my SF by doing it once, then say No the respective amount of times?

The Eleventh
26th February 2012, 4:57 PM
Also, will a 561 frame even be high enough for Thundurus? The seed's in Summer. Or should I probably find a 750+ frame?
I'd go for something a bit higher, perhaps in the late six-hundreds, just to be certain.

So I'm guessing I'll have to find a 35+ seed, find my SF by doing it once, then say No the respective amount of times?
Yes, that'll work.

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 4:59 PM
Just wondering: will any Timid frame that's high enough work for making it shiny?

EDIT: found one on 694.

The Eleventh
26th February 2012, 5:07 PM
Just wondering: will any Timid frame that's high enough work for making it shiny?

EDIT: found one on 694.
Yes. You'll be forcing it to be shiny, after all. That one will work fine.

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 8:16 PM
I RNGed my IDs :)

ID: 47788
SID: 65034

I also RNGed my starter, just for kicks, though the lack of Chatots was very annoying, so I had to save 33 times, combined with Timer0 fluctuation:

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/495.png
#495 Snivy | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Overgrow
Known moves: Tackle, Leer
IVs: 31/26/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power Fire 70

I'm at Panpour, and how am I supposed to RNG it when the girl who gives it to me keeps moving? Maybe I'm not hitting my seed, but she keeps being in different places as well.

The Eleventh
26th February 2012, 9:30 PM
Congrats, vands. My timer0 fluctuated way too much when I attempted to RNG my starter on Black, so I didn't bother (the language barrier was also a bit annoying).

Here are some recent Diamond RNGs. I've just got Giratina, Regigigas (should I even bother?) and Cresselia left.

http://i.imgur.com/6eYK9.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/dSrtb.png
Cian | 09100 | N/A
Bold | Levitate | Acuity Cavern
Yawn | Sleep Talk | Stealth Rock | Heal Bell
31 | 16 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/nU7vO.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/FTR3e.png
Cian | 09100 | N/A
Bold | Levitate | Route 201
Lucky Chant | Sleep Talk | Stealth Rock | Trick
31 | 14 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/YU3cu.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/PvutI.png
Cian | 09100 | M
Modest | Flash Fire | Stark Mountain
Lava Plume | Fire Spin | Stealth Rock | Dragon Pulse
30 | 10 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}

The only Modest frame with 31 IVs in HP and Hidden Power Ice was in the seven-hundreds, and required a Synchronizer, so I accepted the one point loss in HP. It's not a cause for concern. I really need to stop choosing Balls that have a catch modifier of one. :/

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 9:35 PM
Ugh, Panpour is being such a *****. Not only can I not seem to hit my seed, but the girl keeps moving :/ If I can hit my seed and be in front of her when the game starts, I think I'm just going to accept the Modest nature that's on the first frame with my SF. Simipour's fast enough for ingame anyway.

So annoying not having Chatots.

Jr Breshears
26th February 2012, 9:52 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/646.gifhttp://users.smogon.com/mingot/loraksballs/Dive.png
Kyurem(★)
OT: JR | ID: 22740 | Gender: N/A
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Timid
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | EV's: UT
Availability: Level 75
Hidden Power: Fire
Moves: [Glaciate] [Dragon Pulse] [Imprison] [Endeavor]

Kalosian
26th February 2012, 10:03 PM
Great job guys! An RNGed ID/SID, three Sinnoh Legends and a shiny HP Fire Kyurem... awesome!

I captured Mewtwo and Lugia in HeartGold, but I will not post them until I have got their "counterparts" in SoulSilver as well.

Decided to try something else in the meantime...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/7.png
#007. Squirtle
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
Nature: Modest | Ability: Torrent | Type: Water
Hidden Power: Grass [70] | Location obtained: Pallet Town
IVs: 31 HP | 26 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Tail Whip
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/252.png
#252. Treecko
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
Nature: Timid | Ability: Overgrow | Type: Grass
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location obtained: Saffron City
IVs: 31 HP | 22 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Pound / Leer

I RNGed the starters from the other regions as I never bothered with obtaining them earlier. Squirtle was a bit tough to do due to the NPCs inside Oak's lab, but Treecko was very easy.

Jr Breshears
26th February 2012, 10:08 PM
Nice breeds! well not breeds but you know what I mean :P

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 10:21 PM
Ugh, Panpour is being such a *****. Not only can I not seem to hit my seed, but the girl keeps moving :/ If I can hit my seed and be in front of her when the game starts, I think I'm just going to accept the Modest nature that's on the first frame with my SF. Simipour's fast enough for ingame anyway.

So annoying not having Chatots.

you could either trade for chatots to use for RNGing, or you could just wait and breed the monkeys (which will probably be a lot easier to do)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/646.gifhttp://users.smogon.com/mingot/loraksballs/Dive.png
Kyurem(★)
OT: JR | ID: 22740 | Gender: N/A
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Timid
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | EV's: UT
Availability: Level 75
Hidden Power: Fire
Moves: [Glaciate] [Dragon Pulse] [Imprison] [Endeavor]

nice spread :) was it hard finding an seed? I got lucky with mine b/c the frame was pretty low and it was Syncable. I like shiny Kyurem personally and im excited to see the new forms and how they will look shiny (i hope there isnt a shiny block on these guys like there is on Reshiram and Zekrom :/)

Jr Breshears
26th February 2012, 10:23 PM
yes it was lol and i love the new forms! oh and do you think master ball is better for him or dive? i thought dive so i went with it :P

Typhlosion X
26th February 2012, 10:26 PM
Lots of good RNGs in here lately. 5th gen is way too easy, and there's no move tutors, which is kind of annoying at times, so I may try to learn how to do 4th gen IVs sooner or later. I have a Diamond version that's practically unplayed so I guess I'll use that. If anyone could direct me to a good guide for it I'd appreciate it.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/498.gif
#498 Tepig
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 1
Adamant / Blaze / Male
31 / 31 / 31 / 26 / 31 / 31
Tackle / Superpower / Flame Charge / Wild Charge

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/280.gif
#280 Ralts
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 1
Jolly / Synchronize / Male
31 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 31
Growl / Substitute
The lack of a move tutor for Ice Punch in 5G for this guy makes me sad.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/132.gif
#132 Ditto
OT: Seth / ID: 35822 / Lvl 53
Jolly / Limber / Genderless
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Transform

Jr Breshears
26th February 2012, 10:29 PM
Nice and I know it sucks for me since I dont have SS or HG for move tutors -_-

Dewey later im gonna breed a shiny jolly larvitar with SR/iron head/DD/outrage look familiar lol

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 10:31 PM
yes it was lol and i love the new forms! oh and do you think master ball is better for him or dive? i thought dive so i went with it :P

personally i went with a net ball because i liked the blue and thought it went well with his shiny spirit, but i considered masterball as well. In the end though, net ball won me over :p Dive isnt a bad choice either, it really all depends on what you like since its your pokemon after all

Nice and I know it sucks for me since I dont have SS or HG for move tutors -_-

Dewey later im gonna breed a shiny jolly larvitar with SR/iron head/DD/outrage look familiar lol

lol, great minds think a like :p I will be getting a male larvitar with thos egg moves in a bit and i can clone it and snd it over to you to make it easier if your in need :)

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 10:32 PM
You COULD always just trade the Kyurem to BW2 and change it's form.

Jr Breshears
26th February 2012, 10:33 PM
lol net ball that matches a shiny giratina! xD

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 10:59 PM
I think I know what I was doing wrong.. my Panpour seed was set to wild pokemon xD

Pipboy9000
26th February 2012, 11:19 PM
Ok, so I think I've got the hang of doing standard IV RNG. I caught 2 wingulls with perfect IV's. Pretty cool.
However, my goal is to get a perfect IV Staryu with Timid nature, so I have a few questions. In the RNG reporter, I go to time finder and set the method to PIDRNG. After filling in all the IV's, nature, encounter slot, etc. I click generate, and a ton of seeds pop up with frames from 40-60.
1. I know that IV frames start on one, however, how do I figure out what PID frame I start on?
2. Will the NPC's on route 13 affect my PID frame? I usually surf far out so that I don't see them.
3. I have 2 chatots, so I thought that I might just check their summary until the desired PID frame and then use sweet scent. However, I don't think sweet scent attracts Staryu, only Wingull. Any suggestions?

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 11:20 PM
OK.. WTF. I keep getting either Quiet, Likes to run, or Brave, Loves to eat.

Typhlosion X
26th February 2012, 11:24 PM
Ok, so I think I've got the hang of doing standard IV RNG. I caught 2 wingulls with perfect IV's. Pretty cool.
However, my goal is to get a perfect IV Staryu with Timid nature, so I have a few questions. In the RNG reporter, I go to time finder and set the method to PIDRNG. After filling in all the IV's, nature, encounter slot, etc. I click generate, and a ton of seeds pop up with frames from 40-60.
1. I know that IV frames start on one, however, how do I figure out what PID frame I start on?
2. Will the NPC's on route 13 affect my PID frame? I usually surf far out so that I don't see them.
3. I have 2 chatots, so I thought that I might just check their summary until the desired PID frame and then use sweet scent. However, I don't think sweet scent attracts Staryu, only Wingull. Any suggestions?

1. In the Main RNG Reporter window, just change it to Gen V PIDRNG and click Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame. And since you're surfing, don't forget to change the encounter type.
2.Yes, they'll affect your PIDRNG frame even if they're offscreen. Just do fewer Chatot chatters to account for the advancements.
3. PIDRNG also determines the encounter slot (what will appear) along with nature and shininess and such. Staryu is on slot 1.

MSK
26th February 2012, 11:29 PM
So the question is will Pokemon Black and White 2 be the same for RNG'ing? And I do hope the new Kyurem forms aren't shiny locked!!

Vandslaux
26th February 2012, 11:31 PM
So the question is will Pokemon Black and White 2 be the same for RNG'ing? And I do hope the new Kyurem forms aren't shiny locked!!

Probably not, though it still could be. I mean, the RNG didn't change between DP and Pt.

dewey911p
26th February 2012, 11:43 PM

i dont think they will change the game mechanics. It really wouldnt make much sense to design an entirely new set of game mechanics just to scrap them when you decide to make another game. Also, every gen 4 game used the same mechanics from DPPt to HGSS, so GF will probably stick with these mechanics. I assume that the only reason the mechanics change from generation to generation is because GF is trying to find the best possible program that is cheap, fast, and easiest for them. If the current mechanics fit that bill, then the way the RNG works now maybe the way the RNG works until technological advances make it possible to improve it again. As for the shiny lock, that wouldnt make any sense. Kyurem can be shiny in B/W so we could just trade it to B2/W2 and it would still be shiny. I hope that the shiny lock for Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini are removed though. That would make sense because it would appear the Kyurem's new forms will be shiny, and since they are part Zekrom/Reshiram then they will be shiny too, but im just speculating now :p

Jr Breshears
27th February 2012, 1:14 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/285.gifhttp://users.smogon.com/mingot/loraksballs/Poke.png
Shroomish(★)
OT: JR | ID: 22740 | Gender: Female
Ability: Poison Heal | Nature: Careful
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | EV's: UT
Availability: Level 1
Hidden Power: Dark
Moves: [Absorb] [Drain Punch] [Seed Bomb] [-]

Forgot to post this earlier :P

Vandslaux
27th February 2012, 1:34 AM
Nice Shroomish. I actually did an exact copy of that a while ago, only with Focus Punch and Bullet Seed as well.

And I'm posting to say that I was totally failing because the Monkeys start on frame 1. :/ Shame I have no access to Chatots, as I can't go on wifi until after the 1st badge, and I want to train Panpour.

Jr Breshears
27th February 2012, 1:51 AM
get on chatot from pokecheck, and i plan on doing a adamant one with focus punch

Vandslaux
27th February 2012, 1:57 AM
Finally. Step over Solosis and Machop, this thing was tough.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/515.png
#515 Panpour | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Modest | Ability: Gluttony
Known moves: Scratch, Leer, Lick, Water Gun | Dreamyard
IVs: 31/11/31/30/31/31 | Hidden Power Electric 70

Jr Breshears
27th February 2012, 2:00 AM
I did a modest shiny panpour a few days ago but without HP electric, Nice capture though!

Vandslaux
27th February 2012, 2:13 AM
Thanks. It's the Dreamyard Panpour. Think I'll give it Surf/Ice Beam/Focus Blast/HP Electric, for my new game team I just started today.

Would've been a LOT quicker if I had Chatots. Unfortunately, I had to resort to saving to advance the PIDRNG.

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 2:39 AM
hey guys got a question about rng breeding...now i want a specific hp but im having trouble with the reporter...its saying that parents can't make that iv stats?? not sure what that means please help and also for ferroseed since it only has one ability is it 0 or 1??

help would be appreciated please :)

I want hp fighting for my litwick but when i put the stats in it says the parents can't do IV criteria??

Angeltripper
27th February 2012, 2:54 AM
hiya, I want to learn how to RNG but something very important: do you need a dslite? cause I got a dsixl

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 2:55 AM
hey guys got a question about rng breeding...now i want a specific hp but im having trouble with the reporter...its saying that parents can't make that iv stats?? not sure what that means please help and also for ferroseed since it only has one ability is it 0 or 1??

help would be appreciated please :)

I want hp fighting for my litwick but when i put the stats in it says the parents can't do IV criteria??

if there is only one ability then it doesnt matter if its 0 or 1 since both will be the same thing, so just leave it as any.

For HP fighting i assume your using 2 flawless parents right? well thats your problem. the spread for HP fighting is 31/31/30/30/30/30 (well, thats the common one anyway) and if you have 2 flawless parents, or even 2 parents that dont have a single 30 IV between them, then you cannot get this IV spread from them. remember, when breeding the game takes 3 IV from the parents and 3 are from your seed. So if you need 4 IVs to come from the seed, then it will never work. In order to get HP Fighting from 2 flawless parents you will need to RNG another parent in between, one that has a few IVs of 30. For Litwik a 31/31/30/31/30/30 HP rock spread would be good. Its viable for a competitive Litwik and it has 3 30 IVs in the right spots you will need to get HP Fighting on the next go around.

hiya, I want to learn how to RNG but something very important: do you need a dslite? cause I got a dsixl

As long as you download one of the newer versions of RNG reporter you can RNG with standard seed abuse on all DS models up to the 3DS

Jr Breshears
27th February 2012, 2:57 AM
I like HP ice on litwik

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 3:01 AM
if there is only one ability then it doesnt matter if its 0 or 1 since both will be the same thing, so just leave it as any.

For HP fighting i assume your using 2 flawless parents right? well thats your problem. the spread for HP fighting is 31/31/30/30/30/30 (well, thats the common one anyway) and if you have 2 flawless parents, or even 2 parents that dont have a single 30 IV between them, then you cannot get this IV spread from them. remember, when breeding the game takes 3 IV from the parents and 3 are from your seed. So if you need 4 IVs to come from the seed, then it will never work. In order to get HP Fighting from 2 flawless parents you will need to RNG another parent in between, one that has a few IVs of 30. For Litwik a 31/31/30/31/30/30 HP rock spread would be good. Its viable for a competitive Litwik and it has 3 30 IVs in the right spots you will need to get HP Fighting on the next go around.

ahhhh thanks alright got it thats what i was trying to do...there both flawless then i have to got for a a parent that has a few iv's that are in the 30's got it...ill make a new one then...also so if i make it all 30's or does it just have to be a couple just want to make sure im doing it right so i can get this little guy...

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 3:04 AM
Okay, so right now I am trying to RNG wild pokemon. I want to see if I am doing all the steps correctly, because sometimes I get the correct pokemon to come out, but the IVs don't.

On the capture tab I put PIDRNG, encounter slot 0, set all IVs to 31 except speed and sp attack, and set the nature to brave and adamant. I'm not bothering with shiny right now.
I choose a seed and put it into the RNG reporter window to get my initial frame. I do the necessary advancements with chatot then sweet scent. Again, I get the correct pokemon with nature to come out but not the IVs.

Am I at least doing the steps correctly or did I mess up somewhere?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 3:08 AM
ahhhh thanks alright got it thats what i was trying to do...there both flawless then i have to got for a a parent that has a few iv's that are in the 30's got it...ill make a new one then...also so if i make it all 30's or does it just have to be a couple just want to make sure im doing it right so i can get this little guy...

well if your breeding and your using two flawless parents then the most you could get is 3 IVs of 30. Thats why i suggested HP rock because it has 3 IVs of 30 and with the spread i suggested, it would make finding a seed for HP Fighting really easy due to the IV spread (31/31/30/31/30/30 and then 31/31/30/30/30/30) Of course you can do any HP spread you want as long as there at least 1 30 IV in the last 4 slots. HP Ice (31/30/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/30) or HP Ground (31/31/31/30/30/31) would also work.

Okay, so right now I am trying to RNG wild pokemon. I want to see if I am doing all the steps correctly, because sometimes I get the correct pokemon to come out, but the IVs don't.

On the capture tab I put PIDRNG, encounter slot 0, set all IVs to 31 except speed and sp attack, and set the nature to brave and adamant. I'm not bothering with shiny right now.
I choose a seed and put it into the RNG reporter window to get my initial frame. I do the necessary advancements with chatot then sweet scent. Again, I get the correct pokemon with nature to come out but not the IVs.

Am I at least doing the steps correctly or did I mess up somewhere?

all of that sounds correct, but what is the IV frame of your seed? If its higher then one you will need to advance it. If its one and the IVs are wrong, then you missed your seed

Angeltripper
27th February 2012, 3:12 AM

As long as you download one of the newer versions of RNG reporter you can RNG with standard seed abuse on all DS models up to the 3DS

ok thanx, just wanna know though, what site do I download it from, and do I want version 9.93 or 9.94?

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 3:15 AM
well if your breeding and your using two flawless parents then the most you could get is 3 IVs of 30. Thats why i suggested HP rock because it has 3 IVs of 30 and with the spread i suggested, it would make finding a seed for HP Fighting really easy due to the IV spread (31/31/30/31/30/30 and then 31/31/30/30/30/30) Of course you can do any HP spread you want as long as there at least 1 30 IV in the last 4 slots. HP Ice (31/30/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/30) or HP Ground (31/31/31/30/30/31) would also work.

ahh okay thanks alot for the help ill start getting cracking on the hp practice...thanks for the help :)

also the guy on the top i like ice too i have a chande that hp i iv breed it ;)

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 3:16 AM
all of that sounds correct, but what is the IV frame of your seed? If its higher then one you will need to advance it. If its one and the IVs are wrong, then you missed your seed

On time finder? Well the first one has a frame of 69 and my initial frame is 44.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 3:19 AM
ok thanx, just wanna know though, what site do I download it from, and do I want version 9.93 or 9.94?

there should be a link in the OP, but i dont know if its been updated recently. If not, i think you can download it off of Smogon's website. 9.94 is the newer version and it seems to have a better interface so go with that, but it still has a few bugs so when the next version comes out you will want to download that instead (no clue when that will be)

On time finder? Well the first one has a frame of 69 and my initial frame is 44.

no no, your IV frame, under the capture tab when you found your seed, what frame did it say you were on?

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 3:23 AM
no no, your IV frame, under the capture tab when you found your seed, what frame did it say you were on?

Thats where I looked, where I put in the nature and IVs and stuff, 69.

It says seed, frame, required lead, PID,etc. Is that not the right place?

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 3:26 AM

I think he meant the IV frame you actually hit, was it 69 sweetie?...what your trying to hit is 44?? if im correct on the actual main reporter...

edit:nevermind the capture tab frame that your trying hit...i think...

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 3:26 AM

it sounds like you are getting the IV and the PID frames confused. The IV frame controls for the IVs and the PID frame controls for the nature, gender, ability, shininess and, for wild encounters, the pokemon you will encounter. If under the capture tab it says you need to hit frame 69 that means your IV frame needs to be 69, which is ridiculously high. set your min/max frame to 1 (or something a little higher if you want, but at first stick to 1) and then refind a seed. From there you will need to advance your PID to get to the right nature and encounter slot.

dman00
27th February 2012, 3:29 AM
I have a quick question about breeding for a shiny. I just updated my RNG Reporter after not using it for a while and I noticed under eggs it says min/max advances. I know before it said frames, and was supposed to be set at at least 8. I was just wondering if it is the same and they just changed the word, or if I need to use a different number.

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 3:32 AM
Im not sure you must have the new 9.94 version i use the old 9.93 beta version...i think you need to keep it as it is not sure....im still trying to figure out how to use the new version...

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 3:37 AM
Oh, yes I think I see what you mean now. The IV frame is what you move by walking right? Like what I did to get a good Kyurem before.

On capture what am I supposed to select on method, PIDRNG or IV (Standard Seed)? Smogon's guide says to use PIDRNG but the picture below shows it using the other option. I've been using PIDRNG for the capture tab this whole time.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 3:46 AM
I have a quick question about breeding for a shiny. I just updated my RNG Reporter after not using it for a while and I noticed under eggs it says min/max advances. I know before it said frames, and was supposed to be set at at least 8. I was just wondering if it is the same and they just changed the word, or if I need to use a different number.

the word advancements has changed so that now RNG reporter is searching for how many advancements you will need to do. If you use to use a min/max PID frame of 50/200 then your advancements would be 0/150, or however many frames you want to advance

Oh, yes I think I see what you mean now. The IV frame is what you move by walking right? Like what I did to get a good Kyurem before.

On capture what am I supposed to select on method, PIDRNG or IV (Standard Seed)? Smogon's guide says to use PIDRNG but the picture below shows it using the other option. I've been using PIDRNG for the capture tab this whole time.

exactly. you will need to use the standard seed tab first and then the PID option.

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 4:07 AM
Thank you very much, I think I got it judging by the IV spread on Serebii's calculator. It was that part in the smogon guide about starting with PIDRNG instead of IV standard seed that threw me off.

dman00
27th February 2012, 4:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. I figured out what I did wrong. I forgot to check the ditto parent option and it was messing it up.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 4:27 AM
So what do you guys think about this?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/246.png
#246 Larvitar | Rock | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Brave | Ability: Guts | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 2/12/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Outrage, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, and Dragon Dance

Im using this to RNG the Jolly one im after, but do you guys think a Brave version is viable also? I know a speed IV of 0 would be better, but this is just the in between RNG that im using to replace the random IVed father. So do you guys think its a keeper or is it useless?

Oh, and thanks to Lin i was able to RNG this little puppy earlier :D

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/303.png
#303 Mawile | Steel | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sheer Force | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 2/13/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang, and Thunder Fang

Shockking
27th February 2012, 5:18 AM
When egg RNGing, in the time finder where it shows min/max advances, are those PID or IV frame, cuz they are set to 10/45 but if thats walking I'm not sure if I want to do that... Help pleasee :)

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 5:31 AM
When egg RNGing, in the time finder where it shows min/max advances, are those PID or IV frame, cuz they are set to 10/45 but if thats walking I'm not sure if I want to do that... Help pleasee :)

time finder will always generate eggs for IV frame 8. If you had to advance the IV frame then the NPCs would make controlling the PID impossible. So the min/max advances means for the PID frame and it means how many chatot flips do you feel like doing.

Shockking
27th February 2012, 5:32 AM
time finder will always generate eggs for IV frame 8. If you had to advance the IV frame then the NPCs would make controlling the PID impossible. So the min/max advances means for the PID frame and it means how many chatot flips do you feel like doing.

Phew, thats a relief. Can you please stick around to answer any questions I might have in the next while dewey?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 5:34 AM
Phew, thats a relief. Can you please stick around to answer any questions I might have in the next while dewey?

yea ill be here for a bit, but between RNGing and other stuff i might not answer right away :p

Shockking
27th February 2012, 5:36 AM
yea ill be here for a bit, but between RNGing and other stuff i might not answer right away :p

Okay, thanks.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 5:46 AM
Swish, one shot and im done :D

Nature: Jolly | Ability: Guts | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Outrage, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, and Dragon Dance

I guess i'll just keep the brave one too since i already marked it down and everything, but the Jolly one is what i was aiming for :)

Shockking
27th February 2012, 5:50 AM
Swish, one shot and im done :D

Nature: Jolly | Ability: Guts | Hidden Power: Dark (70)

I guess i'll just keep the brave one too since i already marked it down and everything, but the Jolly one is what i was aiming for :)

Nice! I think I hit all my stuff right but... the stoopid egg won't hatch!!! D:<

EDIT: alright it hatched, but its not what I wanted (not shiny, wrong nature, etc.) considering my past Timer0 problems should I just try a different seed with my other Timer0 value? Also, it says that the frame is 54 and when I copy the seed to the main window it told me my starting frame was 43, so I only need 11 flips, right?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 5:56 AM
Nice! I think I hit all my stuff right but... the stoopid egg won't hatch!!! D:<

ahhhh, hatching eggs sucks, especially if you missed your target :/ i just use the egg quick hatch feature of my AR so its not that bad. Alternatively you could use a flame body pokemon and the egg quick hatch pass power.

Shockking
27th February 2012, 5:58 AM
ahhhh, hatching eggs sucks, especially if you missed your target :/ i just use the egg quick hatch feature of my AR so its not that bad. Alternatively you could use a flame body pokemon and the egg quick hatch pass power.

Yeah, it hatched please read my above edit ^^.
About the pass power, is it one you need to have two games to activate?, I totally forget how to use pass powers.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:06 AM
alright it hatched, but its not what I wanted (not shiny, wrong nature, etc.) considering my past Timer0 problems should I just try a different seed with my other Timer0 value? Also, it says that the frame is 54 and when I copy the seed to the main window it told me my starting frame was 43, so I only need 11 flips, right?

no need to change seed just yet :) find your target frame and look around to see if there is any nearby PID frames that match (same gender, ability, nature, etc) Due to the NPCs on route 3 your PID frame will advance before you even gain control of your character. If RNG reporter says your starting frame is 43 the NPCs will make it about 2-5 times higher then that. For me, its always 2, so when i was RNGing Larvitar it said my SSF was 46, but i knew it would really be 48. After you do several egg RNGs you will be able to figure out if your SSF is affected in a consistent manner like that and it will be easier to RNG. If there is no matching PID frame then you probably missed your seed (check the IVs at the battle subway) and then you should try again.

For the pass powers, i dont really know TBH, i never used them :p

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 6:16 AM
How do I make use of the shiny frame section of a seed? (Wild pokemon) Must I put that seed into the RNG reporter window and then check the Shiny Only box then choose a frame from there?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:22 AM
How do I make use of the shiny frame section of a seed? (Wild pokemon) Must I put that seed into the RNG reporter window and then check the Shiny Only box then choose a frame from there?

thats one way, but unless you want to do 18000 or so chatot flips (which i dont recommend :p) there is a box on the right hand side of RNG reporter that says "Search for Nearby Shiny" if you click that and put in a number (1000 seems to be the norm) then RNG reporter will give you seeds with your Desired IVs and tell you where the closet shiny is. Bewarned though, this will limit your results because RNG reporter will only give you seeds that have a shiny in the first 1000 frames (or what ever number you put in there) and the shiny will have a set encounter slot and nature (which may or may not be syncable)

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 6:29 AM
And the shiny frame is what I must chatot flip for? Did you mean on the Time Finder window? And must I do anything at all with this seed like put it over to the other window?

Shockking
27th February 2012, 6:31 AM
no need to change seed just yet :) find your target frame and look around to see if there is any nearby PID frames that match (same gender, ability, nature, etc) Due to the NPCs on route 3 your PID frame will advance before you even gain control of your character. If RNG reporter says your starting frame is 43 the NPCs will make it about 2-5 times higher then that. For me, its always 2, so when i was RNGing Larvitar it said my SSF was 46, but i knew it would really be 48. After you do several egg RNGs you will be able to figure out if your SSF is affected in a consistent manner like that and it will be easier to RNG. If there is no matching PID frame then you probably missed your seed (check the IVs at the battle subway) and then you should try again.

For the pass powers, i dont really know TBH, i never used them :p

Well I tried again and it was wrong again. Also the IVs were wrong. I don't know what you mean about finding adjacent frames as as far as I know those only show IVs, please explain. Anyhow, I basically have to go now so I'll try to do one on my other timer0 quickly.

Jr Breshears
27th February 2012, 6:39 AM
Nice breed dewey you beat me to it :P

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 6:55 AM
My White cart's Timer0 is ridiculous, it makes entralink look easier (seriously). I'm trying to RNG a plain stationary (volcarona) which I've done before for legendaries but I'm starting to think that I should stick to RNGing on Pokemon Black because my timer0s for White are trolling me. First off, it's almost impossible for me to tell which Timer0 is most frequent, they seem to be about equal. Weird thing is, for male Volcarona's I get the right IVs pretty often (despite fluctuations of timer0) but every time I get a female Volcarona, without fail, the timer shifts.

These are the reoccurring results I see:

Working under C7F: Male Volcarona perfect IVs (as long as the timer0 doesn't go to C80)
Female: IVs under C80

Working under C80: Male Volcarona perfect IVs
Female: IVs under C7F.

All under the right frame (frame 1).

Seriously now... >:C It'd be nice to think it's just bad luck but I've been trying to RNG this since I finished my homework and it's been...well... a very long time.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:55 AM
And the shiny frame is what I must chatot flip for? Did you mean on the Time Finder window? And must I do anything at all with this seed like put it over to the other window?

Copy your seed and past it into the main window of RNG reporter. From there select Method 5 (PIDRNG) and then set your encounter type to the type of pokemon your trying to RNG (i assume it is just a wild pokemon). This will give you your starting PID and let you know how far you need to advance your PID frame. From there, hit your seed, advance the IV frame if necessary and then do the proper number of chatot flips.

Well I tried again and it was wrong again. Also the IVs were wrong. I don't know what you mean about finding adjacent frames as as far as I know those only show IVs, please explain. Anyhow, I basically have to go now so I'll try to do one on my other timer0 quickly.

if the IVs were off then you just missed your seed. As for the other Timer0 value, egg RNGs dont display that information (at least versions 9.93 and earlier dont, i havent upgraded yet) As for finding adjacent frame i was referring to the PID frame. If your target frame is 54 you should look around, say between frames 40-60, and see if there are any nearby frames that match the information you got from your egg. If the nature, gender, ability, and IVs match a nearby frame then you simply missed your PID frame so adjust the number of Chatot flips and try again.

Nice breed dewey you beat me to it :P

thanks :D had to RNG a Brave male in between to get the jolly one, but it wasnt that bad. The person who gave me the first father said it was the worst move combination ever. He just doesnt see the variety and possibilities that an RNGer sees lol :D

Shockking
27th February 2012, 7:03 AM
Kay.... what the heck. So I tried a seed on my other timer0, hatched the egg, its shiny, I'm like 'yes this is looking good!' but then I check the summary - right gender, still good - then I see... It has a lax nature instead of Timid. All the IVs are in order but I guess I'll just have to figure out my real starting frame like you said. I can't do it right now as I am on my 3DS but I may be able to later... Darn, that got my hopes up.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 7:14 AM
Kay.... what the heck. So I tried a seed on my other timer0, hatched the egg, its shiny, I'm like 'yes this is looking good!' but then I check the summary - right gender, still good - then I see... It has a lax nature instead of Timid. All the IVs are in order but I guess I'll just have to figure out my real starting frame like you said. I can't do it right now as I am on my 3DS but I may be able to later... Darn, that got my hopes up.

you should be happy, just adjust the number of chatot flips you did and you should have the right PID this time (as long as the NPCs work with you. Your almost there! :D

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 7:26 AM
Can someone tell me what must be happening here? I'm getting the same results as my last post for timer0 and females. Only females. I've caught 7 consecutive females or so since my last post and the timer always shifts.... for only females (don't get me wrong, it fluctuates naturally on it's own, I only mean "only" females consistently).

Myrrh
27th February 2012, 7:30 AM
dewey, again thank you so much. I just encountered and caught a wild Shiny Axew.

31/30/30/30/31/30 Jolly with Mold Breaker. Got really lucky with the nature (which I can Synchronize), ability, and Encounter Slot. Gonna try to use this seed for other stuff. Again, thanks for the help.

Shockking
27th February 2012, 7:32 AM
you should be happy, just adjust the number of chatot flips you did and you should have the right PID this time (as long as the NPCs work with you. Your almost there! :D

I know I just might not be able to do it this weekend. Where do I find the adjacent frame's natures, shinyness, etc? (PID information) -so that I can find my actual starting frame...?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 7:39 AM
dewey, again thank you so much. I just encountered and caught a wild Shiny Axew.

31/30/30/30/31/30 Jolly with Mold Breaker. Got really lucky with the nature (which I can Synchronize), ability, and Encounter Slot. Gonna try to use this seed for other stuff. Again, thanks for the help.

just glad i could help :)

I know I just might not be able to do it this weekend. Where do I find the adjacent frame's natures, shinyness, etc? (PID information) -so that I can find my actual starting frame...?

under the main window of RNG reporter select Breeding (BW) or international if you have international parents, and that will give you your PID frames

Soueto
27th February 2012, 8:54 AM
I spent 2 days trying to hatch a Bold Larvitar SpA Flawless, and no success.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Would love to get some help about this, this is my first time RNGing eggs.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 8:58 AM
I spent 2 days trying to hatch a Bold Larvitar SpA Flawless, and no success.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Would love to get some help about this, this is my first time RNGing eggs.

we will do all we can to help :) just tell us what you have done so far and how much you know about RNGing. also, screen shots are helpful, but not necessary. Just give us some info and we should be able to set you on the right track :)

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 9:00 AM
haha guess you helped out my clan member acio dewey ;) thanks for the help as well...I got my hp fighting litwick she a cutie ;)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/607.gif
female
ability: flash fire
hp:fighting
iv spread 31/31/30/30/30/30

never tried the wild stuff i rather hatch from eggs but when im ready i may try to learn how to rng with standing pokemon like legendaries...I know i always learn backwards lol...also question with dream world pokes is it any different with eggs? I want to breed a shiny female vulpix with drought so just wondering if it a little harder to tell...

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 9:15 AM
haha guess you helped out my clan member acio dewey ;) thanks for the help as well...I got my hp fighting litwick she a cutie ;)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/607.gif
female
ability: flash fire
hp:fighting
iv spread 31/31/30/30/30/30

never tried the wild stuff i rather hatch from eggs but when im ready i may try to learn how to rng with standing pokemon like legendaries...I know i always learn backwards lol...also question with dream world pokes is it any different with eggs? I want to breed a shiny female vulpix with drought so just wondering if it a little harder to tell...

congrats on the litwik :) for DW breeds it really no different except you cannot use a ditto. Everything else is the same but you have to make sure the DW ability will be passed down. leave the ability box as any and check the "DW ability only" box. everything else is just like any other RNG :)

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 9:18 AM
Sigh... I guess no one can help me. I switched to trying out wild pokemon RNG for a change (apparently the female Volcarona aint happening -.-) but the encounter slots are giving me a headache.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 9:21 AM
Sigh... I guess no one can help me. I switched to trying out wild pokemon RNG for a change (apparently the female Volcarona aint happening -.-) but the encounter slots are giving me a headache.

you could always breed for Volcarona :) as for the encounter slots, its just standard PIDRNG advancements :)

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 9:25 AM
you could always breed for Volcarona :) as for the encounter slots, its just standard PIDRNG advancements :)

Since I'm used to stationaries though I thought I'd RNG a flawless female parent first for Larvesta... Since I have someone willing to trade me a flawless Ditto but it's not for a couple more days. But anyway, the encounter slot I'm aiming for is 0 on route 15. My initial encounter slot seems to be 3 since I keep getting Kangaskan when I sweet scent. Doesn't that mean that I need 9 Chatot flips to go back to encounter slot 0...? I must be missing something here.... No matter how many flips I do I seem to get random Pokemon.

FairyWitch
27th February 2012, 9:25 AM
congrats on the litwik :) for DW breeds it really no different except you cannot use a ditto. Everything else is the same but you have to make sure the DW ability will be passed down. leave the ability box as any and check the "DW ability only" box. everything else is just like any other RNG :)

thank you :) alright i will then...well need to get cracking on getting a new poke to breed with for my dw female ninetales to breed with cuaz all i have at the moment is my flawless japanese ditto...I heard that females pass down the dw ability so it should be fine...thanks ;)

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 9:34 AM
Since I'm used to stationaries though I thought I'd RNG a flawless female parent first for Larvesta... Since I have someone willing to trade me a flawless Ditto but it's not for a couple more days. But anyway, the encounter slot I'm aiming for is 0 on route 15. My initial encounter slot seems to be 3 since I keep getting Kangaskan when I sweet scent. Doesn't that mean that I need 9 Chatot flips to go back to encounter slot 0...? I must be missing something here.... No matter how many flips I do I seem to get random Pokemon.

you will need to go to the main window of RNG reporter and paste in your seed. Then select Method 5 PIDRNG. Here, RNG reporter will display all of the PID frames on your seed including the encounter slot. from there, once you find your SSF you just need to do the right number of chatot flips to get to the right encounter slot and nature you want

thank you :) alright i will then...well need to get cracking on getting a new poke to breed with for my dw female ninetales to breed with cuaz all i have at the moment is my flawless japanese ditto...I heard that females pass down the dw ability so it should be fine...thanks ;)

i recommend a male Smeargle because Vulpix is in the Field egg group and this way you can pass down up to 4 egg moves with ease :)

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 9:41 AM
you will need to go to the main window of RNG reporter and paste in your seed. Then select Method 5 PIDRNG. Here, RNG reporter will display all of the PID frames on your seed including the encounter slot. from there, once you find your SSF you just need to do the right number of chatot flips to get to the right encounter slot and nature you want

i recommend a male Smeargle because Vulpix is in the Field egg group and this way you can pass down up to 4 egg moves with ease :)

Sorry but... how do you find the SSF for wild pokemon? ><; I know how to do it for eggs (spam button to go to the menu, do no flips, get out of menu, spam a to grab the egg, hatch) but really not sure for wild Pokemon. O.o Also when I paste my seed in the main window should I still put the nature I want, ability like for in time finder?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 9:48 AM
Sorry but... how do you find the SSF for wild pokemon? ><; I know how to do it for eggs (spam button to go to the menu, do no flips, get out of menu, spam a to grab the egg, hatch) but really not sure for wild Pokemon. O.o Also when I paste my seed in the main window should I still put the nature I want, ability like for in time finder?

to find your SSF you would just sweet scent as soon as your game starts, or as soon as you advance you IV frame to the right frame if its higher then 1. From there just find the corresponding PID frame by matching the nature, ability gender, and encounter slot under PIDRNG. Also, you really shouldnt fill in anything in the main window because then it wont show you all of the other frames and you wont know what frame you hit.

Lineaire
27th February 2012, 9:51 AM
to find your SSF you would just sweet scent as soon as your game starts, or as soon as you advance you IV frame to the right frame if its higher then 1. From there just find the corresponding PID frame by matching the nature, ability gender, and encounter slot under PIDRNG. Also, you really shouldnt fill in anything in the main window because then it wont show you all of the other frames and you wont know what frame you hit.

Well thanks for the info, I'll try again tomorrow 'cause now I'm exhausted.

Soueto
27th February 2012, 9:59 AM
we will do all we can to help :) just tell us what you have done so far and how much you know about RNGing. also, screen shots are helpful, but not necessary. Just give us some info and we should be able to set you on the right track :)

Awesome! I'll try to present some more info later, for now I'm gonna sleep.

Vandslaux
27th February 2012, 2:37 PM
I think I might have made a discovery last night. My Panpour's IVs were matching frame 1, not frame 8. Maybe gift pokemon start on frame 1, barring eggs?

I'm not far enough into the game to check IVs, but since my Panpour had 33 HP and a Modest nature, and it matched the characteristic, I'm assuming I hit my seed.

Also, what would be the best ball for Shiny Thundurus? Master Ball?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 3:48 PM
I think I might have made a discovery last night. My Panpour's IVs were matching frame 1, not frame 8. Maybe gift pokemon start on frame 1, barring eggs?

I'm not far enough into the game to check IVs, but since my Panpour had 33 HP and a Modest nature, and it matched the characteristic, I'm assuming I hit my seed.

Also, what would be the best ball for Shiny Thundurus? Master Ball?

you could always upload the Panpour to pokecheck to check its IVs since its hard to get an accurate reading when the pokemon is at a low level, but the act of taking a pokemon into your party advances the IV RNG by 7 so the starting frame for gift pokemon, with a few exceptions, is always 8. As for the ball on Thundurus, it really depends on what you like. the purple matches the color scheme and it would make you job a little easier, but I've seen luxury balls and priemir balls used too.

jolteon135
27th February 2012, 4:25 PM
the act of taking a pokemon into your party advances the IV RNG by 7 so the starting frame for gift pokemon, with a few exceptions, is always 8.
That only for withdrawing/moving Pokemon from your PC to your party. It doesn't apply to anything else. Gift Pokemon start on frame IV Frame 1 (with a few exceptions).

See this post (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3670200&postcount=3) which states "All Wild, Stationary, Roamer and Gift Pokemon have their IV frames starting on 1.

This includes Landorus and Starters."

SgtSnorlax
27th February 2012, 5:38 PM
Alright,

So many moons ago, I asked if 3DS RNGing was possible. I was told that both standard seed and C-gear rnging where possible. Since I only found guides on C-Gear rnging for 3DS, I gave it a try. The results where mixed. I was wondering if it is actually possible to standard seed rng on a 3DS?

If so, what version of the rng reporter would I need?

AquaRegisteel
27th February 2012, 6:01 PM
^9.94 BETA is the newest, and is compatible for standard abuse with the 3DS.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:08 PM
That only for withdrawing/moving Pokemon from your PC to your party. It doesn't apply to anything else. Gift Pokemon start on frame IV Frame 1 (with a few exceptions).

See this post (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3670200&postcount=3) which states "All Wild, Stationary, Roamer and Gift Pokemon have their IV frames starting on 1.

This includes Landorus and Starters."

ahhh my bad -.- i thought it was similar to the act of accepting an egg into your party. learn something new every day though :D thanks Jolteon :)

SgtSnorlax
27th February 2012, 6:09 PM
^9.94 BETA is the newest, and is compatible for standard abuse with the 3DS.

Thanks for the reply,

Is there anything other extra procedure I must take into account? I remember someone saying that you had to start the timer at different times then listed when using the 3DS. Also is there a way to accurately check IVs without using an AR? I heard that pokecheck doesnt work since the game saves.

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:18 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Is there anything other extra procedure I must take into account? I remember someone saying that you had to start the timer at different times then listed when using the 3DS. Also is there a way to accurately check IVs without using an AR? I heard that pokecheck doesnt work since the game saves.

The 3DS takes about 8 seconds to load, or so i have heard, so if your seed time is 12:34:18, you will need to load at 12:34:10 in order to hit your seed. As for checking IVs, if its a high level pokemon then RNG reporter has a built in IV checker that i find works pretty well and if its a low level pokemon, why not just save the game and upload it to pokecheck?

SgtSnorlax
27th February 2012, 6:22 PM
The 3DS takes about 8 seconds to load, or so i have heard, so if your seed time is 12:34:18, you will need to load at 12:34:10 in order to hit your seed. As for checking IVs, if its a high level pokemon then RNG reporter has a built in IV checker that i find works pretty well and if its a low level pokemon, why not just save the game and upload it to pokecheck?

Thanks for the help!

I heard somewhere that saving messes up rnging. But hearing that it doesnt from you must mean he was wrong.

Once I get back home in 4-5 hours, I'll settle down an give rnging a try. I'll keep you guys updated on my success/failures.

-edit: Also, when you say "high level". Does LvL 50ish work?

dewey911p
27th February 2012, 6:36 PM
Thanks for the help!

I heard somewhere that saving messes up rnging. But hearing that it doesnt from you must mean he was wrong.

Once I get back home in 4-5 hours, I'll settle down an give rnging a try. I'll keep you guys updated on my success/failures.

-edit: Also, when you say "high level". Does LvL 50ish work?

50ish will be good enough to get you a narrow range that will let you know if you hit your seed or it will be good enough if you are trying to calibrate. As for the saving messing up the RNG, im not sure what the other person was referring to. If you miss your seed saving the game or not saving the game doesnt really matter because the game will be reseeded once you turn it back on. Do note however, i think the Roamer is different. If i understand the method of generation, once the roamer flys away its PID is set and it will never change again. In that instance, saving will mess up your RNGing, but i cant think of any other time when saving would be an issue.

Kalosian
27th February 2012, 11:02 PM
A few more HG/SS legendaries that I've done in the past days...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/150.png
#150. Mewtwo
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Genderless
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dark [68] | Location caught: Cerulean Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 17 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Psycho Cut / Amnesia / Power Swap / Guard Swap

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/150.png
#150. Mewtwo
OT: Fergus | ID: 28859 | Genderless
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location caught: Cerulean Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 12 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Psycho Cut / Amnesia / Power Swap / Guard Swap

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/249.png
#249. Lugia
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Genderless
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Type: Psychic / Flying
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location caught: Whirl Islands
IVs: 31 HP | 12 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Aeroblast / Punishment / Ancientpower / Safeguard

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/250.png
#250. Ho-Oh
OT: Fergus | ID: 28859 | Genderless
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Pressure | Type: Fire / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location caught: Bell Tower
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 29 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Sacred Fire / Punishment / Ancientpower / Safeguard

The Hoenn trio is next, although I'll probably do the Kanto/Hoenn starters once more before that (in SS this time).

dewey911p
28th February 2012, 1:29 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/132.gif
#132 Ditto | Normal | Genderless | Ultra Ball
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Limber | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 1/12/2013 | Captured: Giant Chasm | Met at Lvl. 53
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

#132 Ditto | Normal | Genderless | Dive Ball
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Limber | Hidden Power: Dark (70)

#132 Ditto | Normal | Genderless | Great Ball
Nature: Sassy | Ability: Limber | Hidden Power: Dark (70)

And with Ditto i have finished RNGing all of the Kanto pokemon (excluding the legendary pokemon that are not in gen 5) The seed was easy and only required 1 IV advancement and 46 PID advancements so i figured, hey, i have this easy seed and a slew of Syncronizers so why not grab a few to use later on down the road. First shiny wild pokemon that wasnt legendary :)

Vandslaux
28th February 2012, 1:47 AM
Could somebody trade me two Chatots and a Sweet Scenter? Not far enough into the game for Foongus, and obviously, I can't transfer Chatots from my Pt.

I'm trying to RNG a Sandile in the Relic Castle. Also planning to RNG an Archen in the Museum, once I finish this.

Jr Breshears
28th February 2012, 2:25 AM
Guys what should I breed? include shiny, egg moves, etc. :D im bored :P

dewey911p
28th February 2012, 2:39 AM
Guys what should I breed? include shiny, egg moves, etc. :D im bored :P

how about that Larvitar you were thinking about, or a random pokemon no one else has bothered to RNG, like Kricketot or Ledyba

TDawg
28th February 2012, 2:47 AM
how about that Larvitar you were thinking about, or a random pokemon no one else has bothered to RNG, like Kricketot or Ledyba

Lol there's a reason. They're terrible! D: You should do something epic. Like a certain pokemon, but in a bunch of different balls and Natures :D Something versatile.

Jr Breshears
28th February 2012, 3:07 AM
I got it! Its a surprise though and I dont know anybody with one, I think :P I think its faily good too!

Killer_Flygon
28th February 2012, 3:10 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/322.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/004.png
#322 Numel [Mount Etna]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Nature: Rash | Ability: Simple | Type: Fire/Ground
Hidden Power: Grass 70
IV: 31/31/30/30/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 1
Moves: Yawn | Heat Wave | Ancient Power | Mud Bomb

Haven't been here often what with all this B&W2 news and all that jazz. Black shiny Pokemon are the best.

TDawg
28th February 2012, 3:13 AM
I got it! Its a surprise though and I dont know anybody with one, I think :P I think its faily good too!

Can't wait to see :P PS Khybon hasnt message me at all about the Jellicent :/

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/322.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/004.png
#322 Numel [Mount Etna]
OT: Hijiri | ID No.: 45403 | Gender: http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Nature: Rash | Ability: Simple | Type: Fire/Ground
Hidden Power: Grass 70
IV: 31/31/30/30/31/31
EV: UT | Level: 1
Moves: Yawn | Heat Wave | Ancient Power | Mud Bomb

Haven't been here often what with all this B&W2 news and all that jazz. Black shiny Pokemon are the best.

Awesome Numel. And BW2 will be awesome:D

Jr Breshears
28th February 2012, 4:47 AM
Ill tell him tomorrow. Also i will probably post it in about 2 days since i have it get the parets and stuff for the breed :D

SgtSnorlax
28th February 2012, 4:58 AM
Alright. Here is where im at:

http://oi40.*******.com/az84k9.jpg

So from my understanding, I start up my 3DS 8 seconds after the indicated time. Then I have to provide to advance my PID rate. My questions:

1) What is my PID frame rate?
2) How do I advance it?

What do I do once I advance it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

FairyWitch
28th February 2012, 4:58 AM
alright well got a question guys for the new beta version 9.94 i tried to start using the newer version and my seeds are coming way off not sure what im doing wrong...now the min/max frame should be set to what or keep it the same...not sure what im doing wrong the newer version please help...

Soueto
28th February 2012, 5:09 AM
Hey guys, need help RNGing a Roggenrola.
This is what I'm doing (and failing):

I open the RNGReporter 9.94, select 5th gen IV standard, type in my seed and go to the time finder 5th gen.
There I select 31 in everything except SpA, the encounter slots for Roggenrola, all the months from 2012 and click on Generate.
I received 3 seeds, 2 on frame 5 and 1 on frame 6. So I withdraw my Syncer, my sweet scenter and 2 more pokes and I save at Wellspring Cave.

I hit my seed, use a Super Repel, walk 128 steps with 4 pokemons, sweet scent and I get a Woobat.

What am I doing wrong?

TDawg
28th February 2012, 5:15 AM
Hey guys, need help RNGing a Roggenrola.
This is what I'm doing (and failing):

I open the RNGReporter 9.94, select 5th gen IV standard, type in my seed and go to the time finder 5th gen.
There I select 31 in everything except SpA, the encounter slots for Roggenrola, all the months from 2012 and click on Generate.
I received 3 seeds, 2 on frame 5 and 1 on frame 6. So I withdraw my Syncer, my sweet scenter and 2 more pokes and I save at Wellspring Cave.

I hit my seed, use a Super Repel, walk 128 steps with 4 pokemons, sweet scent and I get a Woobat.

What am I doing wrong?

You're not controlling your PID frame.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 5:18 AM
You're not controlling your PID frame.

What do you mean? Why would I need to advance my PID frame?

I mean, the frame is 5, and i'm advancing it by walking.

TDawg
28th February 2012, 5:22 AM
What do you mean? Why would I need to advance my PID frame?

Your PID frame is what controls the Pokemon you encounter, shininess, nature, and ability. So that's why you need to advance your PID frame. And running in a cave makes the PID advance 2 times every step and turn (unless running (just for turning))

Soueto
28th February 2012, 5:24 AM
Your PID frame is what controls the Pokemon you encounter, shininess, nature, and ability. So that's why you need to advance your PID frame. And running in a cave makes the PID advance 2 times every step and turn (unless running (just for turning))

So I have to run 64, not 128 steps.

And how can I check what PID frame I have to hit? I know i'm at 46.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 5:28 AM

All right, now I know what I'm doing wrong (I guess...).
I have to search using 5th gen PIDRNG, seleting the IVs, encounter slots, and etc.
And then I search for the time of the seed, using the time finder.

So, my frame is 46 and the pokemon I want is at 49. But how do I find the correct time and the IV frame it is?

TDawg
28th February 2012, 5:43 AM
So I have to run 64, not 128 steps.

And how can I check what PID frame I have to hit? I know i'm at 46.

I have to search using 5th gen PIDRNG, seleting the IVs, encounter slots, and etc.

So, my frame is 46 and the pokemon I want is at 49. But how do I find the correct time and the IV frame it is?

Still not doing it right. You want to use the Standard seed method in time finder and then PIDRNG in the main window. And no to advance your IV frame it's still 128 frames.

you had it right the first time just not the part where you manipulate the PIDRNG to get the pokemon you want.

FairyWitch
28th February 2012, 5:52 AM

i figured out my problem my sec messed me up...anyway your trying to breed one correct? If your breeding then you need to try the standard easier method with chatot advancing the pid frame...the c-gear was confusing to me...also you need to take that time and put it in the main reporter...after putting it in the main reporter hit calculate intial rngpid frame from there hit generate after that the first two frames don't count the 5 frames after those two will show up in your game when you normal hatch...hatch it to see what matches up then turn off your game and start again that frame - the main frame...thats how many times to see the chatot summary...time and secs are crucial so make sure you start a sec earlier so the game can load...i hope that helps if your breeding...

Soueto
28th February 2012, 5:54 AM
i figured out my problem my sec messed me up...anyway your trying to breed one correct? If your breeding then you need to try the standard easier method with chatot advancing the pid frame...the c-gear was confusing to me...also you need to take that time and put it in the main reporter...after putting it in the main reporter hit calculate intial rngpid frame from there hit generate after that the first two frames don't count the 5 frames after those two will show up in your game when you normal hatch...hatch it to see what matches up then turn off your game and start again that frame - the main frame...thats how many times to see the chatot summary...time and secs are crucial so make sure you start a sec earlier so the game can load...i hope that helps if your breeding...

Im trying to cap one

Tdawg, I tried what you said now. I ran 64 steps with 4 pokes to hit frame 5. Saw the Chatot with chatter summary screen 19 times to hit frame 65, I'm at 46. Sweet Scented and found a Woobat. I'm hitting the seed on the time, 1 sec earlier from what shows me at the time finder.
I'm starting to lose my hopes xD

FairyWitch
28th February 2012, 6:31 AM
Im trying to cap one

Tdawg, I tried what you said now. I ran 64 steps with 4 pokes to hit frame 5. Saw the Chatot with chatter summary screen 19 times to hit frame 65, I'm at 46. Sweet Scented and found a Woobat. I'm hitting the seed on the time, 1 sec earlier from what shows me at the time finder.

okay so your trying to rng wild pokemon never mind then...anyway good luck i never actually learned to search for wild pokes lol but i should try lol...now wait frame are you trying to hit? sorry confused on what your trying to hit versus the frame you hit with the woobat...hmmm wish i could see the screen lol...

TDawg
28th February 2012, 6:39 AM
Im trying to cap one

That's not at all what I said to do :S. moving makes the PID frame advances 2 steps. That doesn't mean divide 128 from advancing the IV frame.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 6:44 AM
That's not at all what I said to do :S. moving makes the PID frame advances 2 steps. That doesn't mean divide 128 from advancing the IV frame.

So, how do I have to proceed to make this work?

I need to run 128 steps in a cave with 4 pokemons in my party to advance my IV frame by 4, right?
But, when I do this, I advance my PID frame by 2 for each step? Which means I advanced my PID frame by 256 while advancing my IV frame by 4?

Also, should I change my Seed from the main screen with the one i find in the time finder? Or I leave my original seed?

TDawg
28th February 2012, 6:48 AM
So, how do I have to proceed to make this work?

I need to run 128 steps in a cave with 4 pokemons in my party to advance my IV frame by 4, right?
But, when I do this, I advance my PID frame by 2 for each step? Which means I advanced my PID frame by 256 while advancing my IV frame by 4?

Also, should I change my Seed from the main screen with the one i find in the time finder? Or I leave my original seed?

Now that's correct. Lol

Try finding a IV frame of 1. Just set your min and max to 1. That way you only have to abuse the PIDRNG. Makes everything easier.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 6:53 AM
Now that's correct. Lol

Try finding a IV frame of 1. Just set your min and max to 1. That way you only have to abuse the PIDRNG. Makes everything easier.

You finally made me understand, Thank you very much! I'll try it now.

TDawg
28th February 2012, 6:55 AM
You finally made me understand, Thank you very much! I'll try it now.

No problem. I was pretty vague too so you kind of understood it yourself after a little bit. I just pointed you in the right direction.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 6:58 AM
No problem. I was pretty vague too so you kind of understood it yourself after a little bit. I just pointed you in the right direction.

Just one last thing: I need to replace my original seed with the one from time finder?

TDawg
28th February 2012, 7:10 AM
Just one last thing: I need to replace my original seed with the one from time finder?

That is correct.

Soueto
28th February 2012, 7:14 AM
That is correct.

Thanks for the help, I finally learned and managed to RNG my Roggenrola!

TDawg
28th February 2012, 7:24 AM
Thanks for the help, I finally learned and managed to RNG my Roggenrola!

Congrats. It only gets easier.

Lineaire
28th February 2012, 7:45 AM
Finally RNGed my first wild pokemon. xD A 31/31/31/19/31/0 Marowak in Premier Ball RNGed for someone else's Trick room team. P: Now I just have to get the hang of eggs and I'll have done every kind of RNG except Roamer (I think).

TDawg
28th February 2012, 7:53 AM
Finally RNGed my first wild pokemon. xD A 31/31/31/19/31/0 Marowak in Premier Ball RNGed for someone else's Trick room team. P: Now I just have to get the hang of eggs and I'll have done every kind of RNG except Roamer (I think).

Have you learned to RNG Dust Clouds and Water spots yet?

Lineaire
28th February 2012, 8:03 AM
Have you learned to RNG Dust Clouds and Water spots yet?

Nope (as I've said... this was my first RNG wild Pokemon), I'm assuming the difference is that since you have to walk for the shaking spot/dusk cloud NPCs will be moving erratically if you don't follow the exact same movement every time...? Anything else different about it?

TDawg
28th February 2012, 8:14 AM
Nope (as I've said... this was my first RNG wild Pokemon), I'm assuming the difference is that since you have to walk for the shaking spot/dusk cloud NPCs will be moving erratically if you don't follow the exact same movement every time...? Anything else different about it?

Yeah there's some way you manipulate the Dust Cloud to appear that I haven't figured out, but it's not tempting enough for me to RNG Pokemon I probably won't use. With Excadrill being Uber and Cryogonal just not being that cool imo.

Lineaire
28th February 2012, 8:16 AM
Yeah there's some way you manipulate the Dust Cloud to appear that I haven't figured out, but it's not tempting enough for me to RNG Pokemon I probably won't use. With Excadrill being Uber and Cryogonal just not being that cool imo.

Yeah honestly although experimenting different types of RNGing is cool for the experience... that type of wild Pokemon RNG interests me less. xD;

TDawg
28th February 2012, 8:22 AM
Yeah it is and that's a big reason I want to learn to RNG in 3rd Gen, but the move tutors while can be awesome for certain pokemon the seeds that have been discovered aren't that great.

Regiultima
28th February 2012, 8:29 AM
Is there any way I could narrow results down and still have a fast Time Finder speed (I'm searching for Wondercard and it's taking forever and/or the RNG Reporter keeps on not responding)?

Roughneck JB
28th February 2012, 12:16 PM
Is there any way I could narrow results down and still have a fast Time Finder speed (I'm searching for Wondercard and it's taking forever and/or the RNG Reporter keeps on not responding)?

In my experience, the more narrow the pool of possible results (ie: frames 1-6 rather than 1-36), the less time a search should take. What wondercard pokemon are you trying for?

I also have a query. I recently purchased an R4i flashcart to replace my lost Pokemon White, and I'm having difficulty RNGing on the darn thing.
It's probably the loading time that's throwing me off, but is there any other differences I should be aware of between hitting seeds on a retail cart & on an R4?

SgtSnorlax
28th February 2012, 5:06 PM
Its me again.

I realized im facing a more fundamental problem. My DS parameter finder returns no results. I have correctly inputed my MAC address, DS type, and Game Type. I made sure to start my game up at the same time listed on the Parameter finder. I used pokecheck to determine the exact IVS of the pokemon I caught by using sweet scent (Last cave of Victory Road). I also did not turn on my C-Gear and did not hold any buttons during the loading phase. I still however get no results.

***Note: I am on a 3DS and am using RNGreporter 9.94

Agonist
28th February 2012, 8:01 PM

Cryogonal isn't encountered through Dust Spots, it just has a somewhat rarer ESV (10 iirc).

Yeah it is and that's a big reason I want to learn to RNG in 3rd Gen, but the move tutors while can be awesome for certain pokemon the seeds that have been discovered aren't that great.

All the seeds have been discovered...

For the most part it's easier to just breed everything anyway (except obviously the stationaries that can't be bred.)

dewey911p
28th February 2012, 8:19 PM

Hozu (who really should come and hang out with us IMO XD) showed his 31/31/31/x/31/31 shiny Adamant and 31/31/31/x/31/0 Brave Metang on pokecheck one day while i dropped by to save some of my RNGs. the spreads dont seem to be to bad for breeding, but i hear that gen 3 RNGing involves a lot more effort. the seeds are harder to hit and you have to wait upwards of an hour (at least from what i hear) to get decent shiny legendary pokemon with iffy spreds at best. Personally im torn between trying to learn gen 3 abuse, and waiting to see if the gen 3 remakes have the move tutor moves. If the remakes have the move tutors then gen 3 abuse would really just be a bragging rights kinda thing :p

Its me again.

I realized im facing a more fundamental problem. My DS parameter finder returns no results. I have correctly inputed my MAC address, DS type, and Game Type. I made sure to start my game up at the same time listed on the Parameter finder. I used pokecheck to determine the exact IVS of the pokemon I caught by using sweet scent (Last cave of Victory Road). I also did not turn on my C-Gear and did not hold any buttons during the loading phase. I still however get no results.

***Note: I am on a 3DS and am using RNGreporter 9.94

are you recording the exact time and date of your DS when you load the game? also, you sweet scent as soon as you enter the game right?

Agonist
28th February 2012, 8:24 PM
As someone who does RNG abuse in G3, it's really not particularly hard, since you don't have to worry about NPC's, or any of that, it's literally just hitting your seed at exactly the right time. Yes, for wild abuses, the waiting time can be rather tedious, but for bred pokemon, you can find useable seeds within twenty minutes.

Kalosian
28th February 2012, 10:48 PM
As someone who does RNG abuse in G3, it's really not particularly hard, since you don't have to worry about NPC's, or any of that, it's literally just hitting your seed at exactly the right time. Yes, for wild abuses, the waiting time can be rather tedious, but for bred pokemon, you can find useable seeds within twenty minutes.
Sounds quite reasonable. That is pretty much the same thing I heard from 4th gen RNGers about 4th gen RNG before I tried it myself, and now I find it just as easy as 5th gen. I guess the thought of the older generations being harder than 5th is just another myth that can be thrown away.

As for 4th gen, I did these two today:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/4.png
#004. Charmander
OT: Fergus | ID: 28859 | Gender: Male
Nature: Timid | Ability: Blaze | Type: Fire
Hidden Power: Electric [70] | Location obtained: Pallet Town
IVs: 31 HP | 23 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Scratch / Growl

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/258.png
#258. Mudkip
OT: Fergus | ID: 28859 | Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Torrent | Type: Water
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location obtained: Saffron City
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 17 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Growl

As I said yesterday, the Hoenn trio will be my next targets. I am going to get all four of them (despite there only being three). But it goes together perfectly anyway.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 12:26 AM
Cryogonal isn't encountered through Dust Spots, it just has a somewhat rarer ESV (10 iirc).

All the seeds have been discovered...

For the most part it's easier to just breed everything anyway (except obviously the stationaries that can't be bred.)

Ah yeah I forgot about Cryogonal.

And Are they? OH well shows how much I pay attention to RNG news. lol

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 12:36 AM
are you recording the exact time and date of your DS when you load the game? also, you sweet scent as soon as you enter the game right?

Yessir.

However when you say load the game, you mean launch the game from the homepage right? Also I do sweet scent right away. Gonna give it another try tonight.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 12:37 AM
Yessir.

However when you say load the game, you mean launch the game from the homepage right? Also I do sweet scent right away. Gonna give it another try tonight.

Right. .

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 12:38 AM
Yessir.

yea, you need to record the time and date of when you press A to launch the game.

EDIT: Ninj'd :/ (we need a ninja emoticon, get to it Serebii XD)

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 4:35 AM
I have been trying and failing for a while now to egg RNG a shiny flawless and have some questions. Do the Minccino and Cottonee running around the pen advance the PID frame? If not, how should I go about trying to figure out how to adjust my Chatot my advancements? I was thinking of saving where I can see the NPCs and hitting my seed multiple times so I can jot down which ones move when I load the game.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 5:37 AM
I have been trying and failing for a while now to egg RNG a shiny flawless and have some questions. Do the Minccino and Cottonee running around the pen advance the PID frame? If not, how should I go about trying to figure out how to adjust my Chatot my advancements? I was thinking of saving where I can see the NPCs and hitting my seed multiple times so I can jot down which ones move when I load the game.

No they don't. By hatching your egg and matching it with adjacent frames within your seed on the main window is how you find your starting frame. And that would only waste your time because when you go and save by the man the NPCs can move a different amount of times. A seed doesn't have a specific amount of NPC movement.

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 6:14 AM
I've also been trying to breed RNG for quite a while (started the other day, took a break and now I'm trying again).

I took a pic of what I have on the reporter.... I just want to know if I filled out things correctly and chose the right options. Also for the IVs displayed on the main window... can't I get them more specific than this? I tried clicking "display parents in search" but this is what I get.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/LinBanana/example.jpg

Also the SF the reporter gives me is higher than 40 but I just set it to 40 to see more results just in case (just a note). My biggest problem is that I keep getting Adamant nature, but when I look at the main Window it says Adamant is supposed to have flawless Defense and SpD but I get flawless Defense and SpA on it...
(Note that the frame I have highlighted is just an accident for the main window but the frame I have highlighted in the egg tab is the seed I'm working on. Also note that both Adamant frames on the main window are supposed to have def and spd flawless).

Soueto
29th February 2012, 6:16 AM
I'm at PID Frame 51, I need to reach PID Frame 10.674.
What's the best way to do so?

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 6:27 AM
No they don't. By hatching your egg and matching it with adjacent frames within your seed on the main window is how you find your starting frame. And that would only waste your time because when you go and save by the man the NPCs can move a different amount of times. A seed doesn't have a specific amount of NPC movement.

Oh, I thought NPCs had set movements depending on a seed. Oh well.

Though, am I correct in assuming that since there are only 4 NPCs (by my count) that it would be a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 8 movements they could do to the PID thing if it were possible for them to move up to twice in the 1-2 seconds it takes for me to take the egg?

I plan to try doing the actuall required advancements a few times, then one less advancement a few times, etc.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 6:33 AM
I've also been trying to breed RNG for quite a while (started the other day, took a break and now I'm trying again).

I took a pic of what I have on the reporter.... I just want to know if I filled out things correctly and chose the right options. Also for the IVs displayed on the main window... can't I get them more specific than this? I tried clicking "display parents in search" but this is what I get.

Also the SF the reporter gives me is higher than 40 but I just set it to 40 to see more results just in case (just a note). My biggest problem is that I keep getting Adamant nature, but when I look at the main Window it says Adamant is supposed to have flawless Defense and SpD but I get flawless Defense and SpA on it...
(Note that the frame I have highlighted is just an accident for the main window but the frame I have highlighted in the egg tab is the seed I'm working on. Also note that both Adamant frames on the main window are supposed to have def and spd flawless).

Maybe you're not hitting your correct seed. Other than that you're doing good.

You don't that is extremely high and will take you hours of chatot flipping.

Though, am I correct in assuming that since there are only 4 NPCs (by my count) that it would be a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 8 movements they could do to the PID thing if it were possible for them to move up to twice in the 1-2 seconds it takes for me to take the egg?

I plan to try doing the actuall required advancements a few times, then one less advancement a few times, etc.

That's about right.

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 6:36 AM
Okay thanks. It is kinda hard for me to look at the RNG window to see what frame I hit because I'm breeding for a Vulpix, and it has only two possible abilities making the 1-0 slot worthless (though sometimes the DW true/false area helps sometimes) and there are a lot of Timid natures around what I am trying to hit.

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 6:39 AM

i heard that there was a bug with 9.94 that switched a few IVs around so that may explain why your results are a bit off. Try adjusting you PID advancements and see what you get

pick a different seed

there is actually one one NPC that advances the PID. NPCs dont advance your PID from its Wandering NPC, the ones that move around with out a set path, that advance your PID frame. So, the only NPC advancing your frame would be that school teacher next to the wall that wanders around. Also, WNPCs advance the PID frame in an uncontrollable fashion so there would be no way to know how many frames they advance the PID by. Just grab the egg asap and find your SSF. From there just try and do the required number of flips and see what you get. Adjust and try again :)

EDIT: Ninja'd twice in one night *sigh*

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 6:48 AM
^So if that one NPC is moving the PID in an unspecified way, is it possible that I can hit my frame by just doing the frame minus the initial frame? I'm gonna get the egg a few times without advancing though just to be sure.

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 6:52 AM
Well I finally hit my Flawless Naive zorua. It's not shiny though (but I wasn't aiming for shiny so that's the correct result) Shiny zorua is nice but I prefer non-shiny zoroark... that and I only know the SID for Black Cartridge (which isn't mine, but the owner let's me use it for certain RNGs like the second DW RNG I did since he was making a new file and I RNGed Pokemon for him/RNGed his ID/SID for him... I'm hoping to borrow his cart again to RNG Cottonee actually) I know I can get my own SID if I upload a pokemon to Pokecheck but I don't want to upload my pokemon files to...well...any site :( Seems too weird to me. I might start my White over one day though... till then I can borrow the Black Cart lol. Uh... anyway sorry for rambling.

But, how could I have been hitting the wrong seed? I mean basically this is how my RNGing process went: if I spammed my buttons quickly: Adamant nature (frame 55) but the IVs don't match (flawless def and spA instead of flawless def and spD). Spam not as quickly: Mild (56) which is right under Adamant but again the IVs are weird. If I do it quickly with 2 Chatot flips: Lax, which is right under Mild and two frames away from Adamant... So it seems consistent no? I based my final chatot flips on the Adamant Frame, so I did 35 flips to get to 90 and... I got the right Nature with the right IVs. So it's a bit confusing. I got the right result but the process seems so weird.

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 7:08 AM
You were breeding right? Apparently one of the moving NPCs advances the PID in an unspecified way which means that every time you tried to hit your PID frame the NPC could have advanced it a different amount.

Also, I don't think you send actual files from your game to Pokecheck. You just change your DS' DNS(?) settings and you attempt to deposit the pokemon you want to check into the GTS. It will fail and then pokecheck will have the information of what you tried to send.

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 7:08 AM
^So if that one NPC is moving the PID in an unspecified way, is it possible that I can hit my frame by just doing the frame minus the initial frame? I'm gonna get the egg a few times without advancing though just to be sure.

the NPC will advance your frame before you even gain control of your character so you should still find your SSF first

Well I finally hit my Flawless Naive zorua. It's not shiny though (but I wasn't aiming for shiny so that's the correct result) Shiny zorua is nice but I prefer non-shiny zoroark... that and I only know the SID for Black Cartridge (which isn't mine, but the owner let's me use it for certain RNGs like the second DW RNG I did since he was making a new file and I RNGed Pokemon for him/RNGed his ID/SID for him... I'm hoping to borrow his cart again to RNG Cottonee actually) I know I can get my own SID if I upload a pokemon to Pokecheck but I don't want to upload my pokemon files to...well...any site :( Seems too weird to me. I might start my White over one day though... till then I can borrow the Black Cart lol. Uh... anyway sorry for rambling.

But, how could I have been hitting the wrong seed? I mean basically this is how my RNGing process went: if I spammed my buttons quickly: Adamant nature (frame 55) but the IVs don't match (flawless def and spA instead of flawless def and spD). Spam not as quickly: Mild (56) which is right under Adamant but again the IVs are weird. If I do it quickly with 2 Chatot flips: Lax, which is right under Mild and two frames away from Adamant... So it seems consistent no? I based my final chatot flips on the Adamant Frame, so I did 35 flips to get to 90 and... I got the right Nature with the right IVs. So it's a bit confusing. I got the right result but the process seems so weird.

it was probably just the NPCs messing with your PID frame. As for your SID you could just catch a random patrat that means nothing to you and upload it if that makes you feel better. Or, i could upload your Arceus you traded me to pokecheck and find it for you if you prefer :p

Rhonder
29th February 2012, 7:13 AM
Ello peeps~ just checking in, been a while since my last RNG, mareep. well not that long, like 2 weeks or something. Going for my next target, flawless female snorunt :3 I'll post in when I get it~ I'm on... try 4 or so. mostly trying to figure out my correct starting frame. there's like 2 that match my no advancements results like right next to each other. I'm thinking I have it this time tho

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 7:18 AM
the NPC will advance your frame before you even gain control of your character so you should still find your SSF first

it was probably just the NPCs messing with your PID frame. As for your SID you could just catch a random patrat that means nothing to you and upload it if that makes you feel better. Or, i could upload your Arceus you traded me to pokecheck and find it for you if you prefer :p

Actually that technically wouldn't work. xD The Arceus I RNGed for you was RNGed on the Black Cart I borrowed (don't worry, I had full permission to RNG it [he already got the DW Arceus but wanted to start over his file and have me RNG his ID/SID for him]. So you didn't get any stolen Pokemon or anything XD) That's why the Arceus has a nice ID of 44444 actually. :) That's the ID I RNGed for him because he loves the number 4. @_@

But yeah... if I upload say... a patrat to pokecheck. Wouldn't everyone be able to see my ID/SID too? I know it doesn't really matter if someone knows my SID (although it certainly makes it.... not so secret)... just wondering though. Also does Pokecheck need my Mac address if I upload a Pokemon on it...? I really don't understand the process at all, I never even signed up.

Edit: Wrote OT instead of ID and missed a 4. Fixed now.

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 7:30 AM
You don't need to sign up to it. You only need to make a slight change to you DS system and that is it. No one can see your information unless they get one of your pokemon and upload it themselves.

The process is explained in the home page.

Soueto
29th February 2012, 7:30 AM
I just RNGed my first shiny! :D

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 7:34 AM
Actually that technically wouldn't work. xD The Arceus I RNGed for you was RNGed on the Black Cart I borrowed (don't worry, I had full permission to RNG it [he already got the DW Arceus but wanted to start over his file and have me RNG his ID/SID for him]. So you didn't get any stolen Pokemon or anything XD) That's why the Arceus has a nice ID of 44444 actually. :) That's the ID I RNGed for him because he loves the number 4. @_@

But yeah... if I upload say... a patrat to pokecheck. Wouldn't everyone be able to see my ID/SID too? I know it doesn't really matter if someone knows my SID (although it certainly makes it.... not so secret)... just wondering though. Also does Pokecheck need my Mac address if I upload a Pokemon on it...? I really don't understand the process at all, I never even signed up.

Edit: Wrote OT instead of ID and missed a 4. Fixed now.

like Acio said, no one will be able to see the ID/SID unless you make the pokemon public and leave it on pokecheck. Even then, the odds of someone finding your random patrat are so slim it will probably never happen :p I just upload my pokemon, save the file, then delete it. You could always do that too :) As for using pokecheck you just need to change your DNS serve to 88.191.118.153 and the pokecheck home page will explain how to do this with the help of picture and all :p

congrats! :)

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 7:40 AM
You don't need to sign up to it. You only need to make a slight change to you DS system and that is it. No one can see your information unless they get one of your pokemon and upload it themselves.

The process is explained in the home page.

I still don't really like what they ask you to do... It just doesn't sit right with me. Sorry if it makes no sense to some of you but I rather not use it since I'll probably restart my file at some point (although obviously if someone wants to upload a Pokemon I trade to them there's nothing I can do and it's fine by me). I'm planning on restarting my game eventually anyway (probably when I RNG my entire PvP team, EV train them and then I'll use them in my new file for faster progress and to level them up for PvP). So it's really no biggy. The only member of my PvP team I'm planning on making shiny right now is Vulpix/Ninetales and I already got permission to RNG it on the Black Cart a while ago so it's all good~ And when I'm serious about Shiny RNGing on my White cart I'll just RNG my ID and SID. Problem solved! xD My concern for Pokecheck might just be ignorance on my part though.

But hey, I mean if I ever don't feel like restarting... Pokecheck is still an option. I'm not well informed on what DNS even is, it's just that purposely getting an error when on GTS/changing something on my system to connect to something else just feels weird.

Why does serebii seem to look down on Pokecheck anyway? What's their reasoning? I've seen it mentioned as not so great by the site's standards, or to not talk about using it or something.

Dewey: Thanks, I didn't know you could delete the file of a Pokemon you upload.

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 8:05 AM
Why does serebii seem to look down on Pokecheck anyway? What's their reasoning? I've seen it mentioned as not so great by the site's standards, or to not talk about using it or something.

Dewey: Thanks, I didn't know you could delete the file of a Pokemon you upload.

Your Welcome :)

I think the issue with pokecheck is it goes against the general forum rule of "dont link to other sites," a rule that is often ignored, even by the mods who link to pictures host on other sites. Another issue is that pokecheck is a legality checker, but hacks are not removed from the site (how else could you know your pokemon was hacked if it was removed right away?) So anyone could go onto pokecheck and download a flawless shiny Reshiram and trade it around. Also, pokecheck is still in its Beta stage (dont let that fool you though, its still pretty damn good!) and Serebii might feel that it isnt quite up to par yet.

thats all just my speculation and i have heard many users complain about that rule on Serebii. One user was even starting a petition of sorts trying to get support from the community so he could bring the issue to the moderators and see if he could get that rule changed. No news yet though -.-

Rhonder
29th February 2012, 8:09 AM

Congratz :D

and here's my personal victory~:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/361.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
Snorut | Timid | ♀
31/31/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: Spikes | Hidden Power Dark 70

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 8:17 AM
Your Welcome :)

I think the issue with pokecheck is it goes against the general forum rule of "dont link to other sites," a rule that is often ignored, even by the mods who link to pictures host on other sites. Another issue is that pokecheck is a legality checker, but hacks are not removed from the site (how else could you know your pokemon was hacked if it was removed right away?) So anyone could go onto pokecheck and download a flawless shiny Reshiram and trade it around. Also, pokecheck is still in its Beta stage (dont let that fool you though, its still pretty damn good!) and Serebii might feel that it isnt quite up to par yet.

thats all just my speculation and i have heard many users complain about that rule on Serebii. One user was even starting a petition of sorts trying to get support from the community so he could bring the issue to the moderators and see if he could get that rule changed. No news yet though -.-

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Also how do you guys do that fancy format to show your successes? xD Mostly by that I mean where do you guys get those Pokemon images to paste on your post with the pokeball picture and all.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 8:18 AM
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Also how do you guys do that fancy format to show your successes? xD Mostly by that I mean where do you guys get those Pokemon images to paste on your post with the pokeball picture and all.

Pokecheck.org... Go figure.

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 8:21 AM

Haaaa... yeah.

I checked it out. Least you don't have to upload to Pokecheck for an image. xD You can just search for what your success is and find the appropriate pokeball. Unless... the species you caught isn't on there but that doesn't seem likely.

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 8:24 AM

lol, ironic isn't it :p Well, if you warm up to pokecheck, here's the format I use

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/xxx.gif
#163 Hoothoot | Normal/Flying | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia | Hidden Power: Fire (70)
Date: 2/5/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | Egg Move(s): Agility, Whirlwind, Mirror Move, FeatherDance

I copied it off of someone else when i first learned to RNG and then changed it to fit my style and likes. If you fill in the "xxx" with the dex number of a pokemon and wrap an image tag around it it will look something like this

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/163.gif
Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia | Hidden Power: Fire (70)
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30 | Egg Move(s): Agility, Whirlwind, Mirror Move, FeatherDance

from there you just change the info to match your RNG and change the format to suit your taste. Feel free to use the same format if you like it, we all pretty much use the same format, just slightly different depending on the RNGer.

and thanks for the opportunity to show off my latest RNG XD

TDawg
29th February 2012, 8:33 AM
Just going to ask. Lineaire, do you not like pokecheck?

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 8:37 AM
lol, ironic isn't it :p Well, if you warm up to pokecheck, here's the format I use

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/xxx.gif
Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia| Hidden Power: Fire (70)

I copied it off of someone else when i first learned to RNG and then changed it to fit my style and likes. If you fill in the "xxx" with the dex number of a pokemon and wrap an image tag around it it will look something like this

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/163.gif
Nature: Calm | Ability: Insomnia| Hidden Power: Fire (70)

from there you just change the info to match your RNG and change the format to suit your taste. Feel free to use the same format if you like it, we all pretty much use the same format, just slightly different depending on the RNGer.

and thanks for the opportunity to show off my latest RNG XD

It's sorta ironic but I don't have to use pokecheck for my game/system to use the images at least. xD I'll try the format out:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/570.gif
#570 Zorua | Dark | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Illusion| Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 2/3/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Scratch, Leer (not interesting I know)

But yeah... You guys are so helpful haha. I was lurking on this thread when I first started to RNG and honing my skills for Stationaries and Entralink but it's nice to be able to ask my own questions even if they might have been answered before.

TDawg: I'm uneasy about using the site myself to upload (but I might come around since it seems useful) but it's a good option to have for those who want to use it. There are risk involves (Like Dewey said, downloading hacks) but most things have risks I think.

TDawg
29th February 2012, 8:42 AM
It's sorta ironic but I don't have to use pokecheck for my game/system to use the images at least. xD I'll try the format out:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/570.gif
#570 Zorua | Dark | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Naive | Ability: Illusion| Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 2/3/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Scratch, Leer (not interesting I know)

But yeah... You guys are so helpful haha. I was lurking on this thread when I first started to RNG and honing my skills for Stationaries and Entralink but it's nice to be able to ask my own questions even if they might have been answered before.

TDawg: I'm uneasy about using the site myself to upload (but I might come around since it seems useful) but it's a good option to have for those who want to use it. There are risk involves (Like Dewey said, downloading hacks) but most things have risks I think.

Nice Zorua :) and I like how you were honing your skills with the Entralink :P Like the biggest pain in the *** RNG in 5th Gen.

Ah well if you make an account you can make your pokemon private. I have bunch of my pokes on there, but you could never download them because they're set to private. It also helps with tranferring 4th gen pokes to 5th gen so I don't have to send 6 pokemon up everytime on Poketransfer.

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 8:44 AM
Nice Zorua :) and I like how you were honing your skills with the Entralink :P Like the biggest pain in the *** RNG in 5th Gen.

Ah well if you make an account you can make your pokemon private. I have bunch of my pokes on there, but you could never download them because they're set to private. It also helps with tranferring 4th gen pokes to 5th gen so I don't have to send 6 pokemon up everytime on Poketransfer.

Thanks, I might RNG another one but give it Dark Pulse as an Egg move (I guess the one I already RNGed will have it's signature move instead). xD But I also want to RNG a Larvesta and an Eevee.

The Eleventh
29th February 2012, 9:17 AM
You don't have to download anything from Pokécheck, eliminating all chances of downloading hacks. I just use it for finding my SID, checking EVs (to ensure my Pokémon is trained correctly), storing Pokémon as backups and checking the legality of any Pokémon I've received in trades. It's an extremely useful site.

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 9:31 AM
You don't have to download anything from Pokécheck, eliminating all chances of downloading hacks. I just use it for finding my SID, checking EVs (to ensure my Pokémon is trained correctly), storing Pokémon as backups and checking the legality of any Pokémon I've received in trades. It's an extremely useful site.

That's not what I meant, I meant what Dewey meant which is that someone can download a hack off Pokecheck (knowingly or unknowingly) and then trade it around to unsuspecting people. But I mean, even though it's a risk... if someone wanted they could just make their own hack to trade around without having to download anything from Pokecheck. It's more of a risk for the unknowing downloader really. I wouldn't want to download someone else's Pokemon from Pokecheck (or my own, at least for now since I haven't uploaded anything). xD Using it for backups sounds nice though... I'm paranoid about my game getting corrupted sometimes. Never happened before though so I don't know why I would be.

Soueto
29th February 2012, 5:16 PM
Hey everyone, how are you doing?

I'm breeding now and I found a cool seed with a Shiny on frame 53, the Starting Frame is 45.
What's the best way to try and hit the frame?
I try to press "X" ASAP but I keep missing the frame.

Roughneck JB
29th February 2012, 5:33 PM
Hey everyone, how are you doing?

I'm breeding now and I found a cool seed with a Shiny on frame 53, the Starting Frame is 45.

Well if there's no way to avoid going over the frame, all you can do is search for a new seed. :(
Trying to hit your seed while RNG breeding is a nightmare, so I recomment using a seed which is at least 10 -15 frames higher than your starting frame...

So, I've given up on RNGing with the R4 for now. How do you RNG an egg to hatch shiny when it's traded to another file?
Is it just a matter of using the initial game's parameters, and then the other game's ID numbers, or am I missing something?

The Eleventh
29th February 2012, 5:40 PM
The PIDRNG shouldn't be advanced that much by the WNPCs. You mustn't be hitting your seed, or you're having difficulty locating which egg you hatched. Note that there's a bug in 9.94 Beta that swaps around Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed IVs, so that will cause difficulty.

How do you RNG an egg to hatch shiny when it's traded to another file?
Is it just a matter of using the initial game's parameters, and then the other game's ID numbers, or am I missing something?
Yes, that's all you have to do. Simply use the other player's ID and SID instead of your own.

Roughneck JB
29th February 2012, 5:52 PM
Yes, that's all you have to do. Simply use the other player's ID and SID instead of your own.

Well, that's one saving grace, at least. Thanks :)

The PIDRNG shouldn't be advanced that much by the WNPCs. You mustn't be hitting your seed, or you're having difficulty locating which egg you hatched. Note that there's a bug in 9.94 Beta that swaps around Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed IVs, so that will cause difficulty.

... Is that so?
This may explain my entire problem with the R4. Do you have any more info about this bug?

Silvershark
29th February 2012, 6:21 PM
So... I've been a bit busy lately:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/595.gif
'Aragog'
Joltik *shiny* Quick Ball
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug/Electric
IV: 31/31/30/30/31/30 | Hidden Power: Fire 70
Moves: Electroweb | Bug Bite | Gastro Acid | Slash
Side note: 377 chatot flips is too much.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/479.gif
'Glitch'
Rotom *shiny*
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Modest | Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Levitate | Type: Electric/Ghost
IV: 31/30/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Ice 70
Moves: Thunder Wave | Thundershock | Confuse Ray | Double Team

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/147.gif
'Tempesa'
Dratini *shiny*
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Calm | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Marvel Scale | Type: Dragon
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Wrap | Leer

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/597.gif
'Thork'
Ferroseed *shiny*
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Sassy | Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Iron Barbs | Type: Grass/Steel
IV: 31/31/31/30/31/0
Moves: Harden | Leech Seed | Rest | Gyro Ball

Lineaire
29th February 2012, 7:23 PM

Oooh that may explain the problem I was having with zorua breeding. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 8:56 PM
Low and behold I finally got my calibration done after the 5th try:
http://oi39.*******.com/20ubjhh.jpg

Gonna input this in the time finder and see what I get.

http://oi43.*******.com/20jzsx.jpg

K. So here is where I get lost. If im going for the first one, do I need to do 95 chatot flips? Or is it 95-7-1=87 flips?

Beck
29th February 2012, 9:18 PM
Low and behold I finally got my calibration done after the 5th try:
http://oi39.*******.com/20ubjhh.jpg

Gonna input this in the time finder and see what I get.

http://oi43.*******.com/20jzsx.jpg

K. So here is where I get lost. If im going for the first one, do I need to do 95 chatot flips? Or is it 95-7-1=87 flips?

Not quite. That is your seed in the Time Finder. Right click that seed and Copy Seed to Clipboard. Go to the RNG Reporter and select the Method Breeding (BW). Paste your seed in the box below Method labeled Seed (Hex). Hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame (located to the right in RNG Reporter), and it will show you your Starting Frame (hit Generate again to cut off anything below your SF, for convenience). Your Target Frame is still what it was, but now you know your Starting Frame. From here find your Shifted Starting Frame, and proceed to receive your Egg.

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 9:26 PM
Not quite. That is your seed in the Time Finder. Right click that seed and Copy Seed to Clipboard. Go to the RNG Reporter and select the Method Breeding (BW). Paste your seed in the box below Method labeled Seed (Hex). Hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame (located to the right in RNG Reporter), and it will show you your Starting Frame (hit Generate again to cut off anything below your SF, for convenience). Your Target Frame is still what it was, but now you know your Starting Frame. From here find your Shifted Starting Frame, and proceed to receive your Egg.

Thanks for the help! It wont however return anything when I hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. Unless my initial PIDRNG frame is 50?

http://oi40.*******.com/25ti715.jpg

Beck
29th February 2012, 9:29 PM
Thanks for the help! It wont however return anything when I hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. Unless my initial PIDRNG frame is 50?

Yeah, that could be the case. 50 is a reasonable Starting Frame.

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 9:30 PM
Yeah, that could be the case. 50 is a reasonable Starting Frame.

So then I do 95-50=45? 45 chatot flips?

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 9:32 PM

also note that when trying to find your SSF you shouldnt have the DW only and Shiny only boxes checked as this is going to eliminate about 98% of your frames and you wont know what one you hit.

EDIT: 45 would be a good start but you will probably miss your PID. after 45 flips, find a matching PID frame next to your target frame and then adjust your flips accordingly

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 9:35 PM
also note that when trying to find your SSF you shouldnt have the DW only and Shiny only boxes checked as this is going to eliminate about 98% of your frames and you wont know what one you hit.

EDIT: 45 would be a good start but you will probably miss your PID. after 45 flips, find a matching PID frame next to your target frame and then adjust your flips accordingly

Have a few more questions:

1) What is my target frame?
2) Is it normal that everything in the species section is Nidorans/Volbeats?
3) Do I still start my DS at the same time I lists in time finder? 00:13:06?

Thanks

Beck
29th February 2012, 9:40 PM
So then I do 95-50=45? 45 chatot flips?

Almost, but not entirely. You have the right idea when it comes to subtracting the difference, but on Route 3 there are WNPCs who will, despite your frantic button pressing, foil your PIDRNG advances. But not by much, so it is maintainable. Start by saving in front of the daycare man. Turn off your game and start it again. Hit your seed. Once the season screen comes up start mashing the 'X' button to bring up your menu. Don't utilize your Chatots just yet, but exit the menu mashing the 'A' button to talk to the daycare man. Hatch the egg your receive. Now, obviously it won't be the Pokemon you want, but it will tell you your Shifted Starting Frame. Find the PIDRNG frame that matches up with the offspring (it is typically four to five frames lower than your Starting Frame, dependent upon how quickly you mashed your buttons. The Shifted Starting Frame is technically your "new" Starting Frame.

An example might help. Your Starting Frame is 50. You follow the instructions above and after hatching the egg you receive you find that all of its characteristics match the PIDRNG Frame 54. This means that, technically, you're actually starting your Chatot advances at Frame 54, meaning you need to make only 41 advances. See what I mean?

Now, your Shifted Starting Frame can differ depending on how long it takes you to mash the buttons for your menu and to talk to the caretaker. Just try your best to stay consistent. Also, a big tip: after hatching the first egg to find your SSF, just turn off your game. If you resave there's a chance that it will throw off your SSF again. I know that's a lot to take in and I could have very easily overcomplicated it, but hang in there, you're closer than you know! :)

Have a few more questions:

1) What is my target frame?
2) Is it normal that everything in the species section is Nidorans/Volbeats?
3) Do I still start my DS at the same time I lists in time finder? 00:13:06?

Thanks

Your Taget Frame is 95.

Yes, it is normal. Because Nidoran (Male), Nidoran (Female), Volbeat and Illumise don't have genders, but can still be bred, it tells you which one should hatch. If you're not breeding for any of those four Pokemon then ignore it.

And yes, you do.

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 9:47 PM
Almost, but not entirely. You have the right idea when it comes to subtracting the difference, but on Route 3 there are WNPCs who will, despite your frantic button pressing, foil your PIDRNG advances. But not by much, so it is maintainable. Start by saving in front of the daycare man. Turn off your game and start it again. Hit your seed. Once the season screen comes up start mashing the 'X' button to bring up your menu. Don't utilize your Chatots just yet, but exit the menu mashing the 'A' button to talk to the daycare man. Hatch the egg your receive. Now, obviously it won't be the Pokemon you want, but it will tell you your Shifted Starting Frame. Find the PIDRNG frame that matches up with the offspring (it is typically four to five frames lower than your Starting Frame, dependent upon how quickly you mashed your buttons. The Shifted Starting Frame is technically your "new" Starting Frame.

An example might help. Your Starting Frame is 50. You follow the instructions above and after hatching the egg you receive you find that all of its characteristics match the PIDRNG Frame 54. This means that, technically, you're actually starting your Chatot advances at Frame 54, meaning you need to make only 41 advances. See what I mean?

Now, your Shifted Starting Frame can differ depending on how long it takes you to mash the buttons for your menu and to talk to the caretaker. Just try your best to stay consistent. Also, a big tip: after hatching the first egg to find your SSF, just turn off your game. If you resave there's a chance that it will throw off your SSF again. I know that's a lot to take in and I could have very easily overcomplicated it, but hang in there, you're closer than you know! :)

Your Taget Frame is 95.

Yes, it is normal. Because Nidoran (Male), Nidoran (Female), Volbeat and Illumise don't have genders, but can still be bred, it tells you which one should hatch. If you're not breeding for any of those four Pokemon then ignore it.

And yes, you do.

Thanks for the detailed info!

So from my understanding, "Hitting your seed" simply means starting your game up at the time indicated by the time finder. Also, do I need to subtract 3 seconds from my time since when I used the parameter finder, I was 3 seconds late.

I'll go and hatch my poke and upload it to pokecheck.

Beck
29th February 2012, 9:50 PM
Thanks for the detailed info!

So from my understanding, "Hitting your seed" simply means starting your game up at the time indicated by the time finder. Also, do I need to subtract 3 seconds from my time since when I used the parameter finder, I was 3 seconds late.

I'll go and hatch my poke and upload it to pokecheck.

Yes, that's the lingo. And three seconds? When you found your Parameters, your Actual Seconds was '3'?

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 9:56 PM
Yes, that's the lingo. And three seconds? When you found your Parameters, your Actual Seconds was '3'?

The actual seconds was 38. Despite the fact that I turned my game on at 35. So if im not mistaken, my game started seeding 3 seconds after being turned on.

Here is the pokemon that hatched:
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=886893

Here are my frames:
http://oi43.*******.com/iod9jo.jpg

Myrrh
29th February 2012, 10:06 PM
So is the SSF for when I am breeding going to be the exact same number as long as I don't save again? But the NPC can advance it again if I take slightly longer to get my egg?

The Eleventh
29th February 2012, 10:22 PM
So is the SSF for when I am breeding going to be the exact same number as long as I don't save again? But the NPC can advance it again if I take slightly longer to get my egg?
It should always stay within a certain range of your starting frame, usually two to five. After a while, you should find that the WNPCs advance by a consistent amount, so you won't have to find your SSF in the future. But yes, if you take longer at picking up the egg, then they will advance the frame more.

dewey911p
29th February 2012, 10:45 PM
The actual seconds was 38. Despite the fact that I turned my game on at 35. So if im not mistaken, my game started seeding 3 seconds after being turned on.

Here is the pokemon that hatched:
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=886893

Here are my frames:
http://oi43.*******.com/iod9jo.jpg

sorry to say, but based on the pokecheck pokemon you missed your seed. It has 3 flawless IVs only which mean they all came from the parents,cor the parents passed down the only IVs of the seed that would normally be flawless, but thats unlikely, and looking at your PID frames there are no frames to indicate that that scenario is true. Keep trying until you get a seed thats closer (with 4-5 flawless IVs, or with IVs that match the non-flawless parents IVs) and from there you can find your SSF :)

SgtSnorlax
29th February 2012, 11:58 PM
sorry to say, but based on the pokecheck pokemon you missed your seed. It has 3 flawless IVs only which mean they all came from the parents,cor the parents passed down the only IVs of the seed that would normally be flawless, but thats unlikely, and looking at your PID frames there are no frames to indicate that that scenario is true. Keep trying until you get a seed thats closer (with 4-5 flawless IVs, or with IVs that match the non-flawless parents IVs) and from there you can find your SSF :)

Do I need to make any modifications to the time at which I try to hit my seed? Lets says it says 12:54:42. Do I start my game at that time or should I subtract 3 from it? Also do I subtract another 8 seconds due to me using a 3DS? That would mean my time would be 12:54:31.

TDawg
1st March 2012, 12:12 AM
Do I need to make any modifications to the time at which I try to hit my seed? Lets says it says 12:54:42. Do I start my game at that time or should I subtract 3 from it? Also do I subtract another 8 seconds due to me using a 3DS? That would mean my time would be 12:54:31.

Just subtract 3. Whatever the Parameter search says is what you subtract the time by. 8 is just an average number people get when using the 3DS.