PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Aggrotek
8th March 2012, 9:11 PM
Ok so I got a result.

It's a Boldore.

Time was 02 43 15 and my search turned this up: Actual Seconds: 15 VCount: 60 Timer0: C96 Gxstat: 6 Vframe: C
Seed: 3D2BA522838C981E

Dunno what to do next.

FairyWitch
8th March 2012, 9:13 PM
so i assume you got your perimeter search working? sine you got a timer result...if you did then use that time results in your timefinder should be a button that says something like that along the lines...if you found your perimeters...

Aggrotek
8th March 2012, 9:23 PM
So I click Use Result in Time Finder? I am such a noob at this...

FairyWitch
8th March 2012, 9:24 PM
lol its alright and yes to use those time finder results...I just learned not too long ago as well...so i know how it feels...it took me months how to figure out cuaz i started backwards learning rng breeding for shinies...

Aggrotek
8th March 2012, 9:28 PM
Can I PM you? I think I am just going to clog up this thread with all my questions.

Zevn
8th March 2012, 9:30 PM
I need some serious help with RNGing in HG/SS.

I have:

-Calibrated ranges, starting at 495 / 13seconds
-Kyogre/Groudon/Arceus
-shown Elm Togepi
-killed roamers
-turned pokerus in at a pokemon center
-completed the storyline, all stationary pokemon are accessible
-SID/TID known

I need someone to walk me through the steps with eon timer and RNG reporter. Bearsfan092's video uses another program(or I'm just being dumb and missing something obvious).

If you want something in return I can RNG flawless shiny eggs in gen 5.

EDIT: The help I need is for roamers and stationary legends.

FairyWitch
8th March 2012, 9:34 PM
Lol i wish i could help you but i never master that yet :/ Im trying to go for 4th gen breeding as well soon...i hope some helps wish you luck sorry i couldn't help you :(

can anyone give me a good video how to do the rnging for wild pokemon for 5th gen for some reason im lost on how to rng with wild....i know u use the capture tab but lost how to correctly put in to get results...espcially for shinies...i get nothing please help :)

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 12:00 AM
strange cuaz i just find it weird when i used iv calculators that nothing showed up or it did and it never hit a seed cuaz it was way off and some gave me pokecheck.org and the iv were fine and i was hitting my seeds no problem...guess it must be personal experience :/

Edit: i just found that Pokecheck.org is a more accurate site in my opinion :/ you guys are more of a master then me at this though...

Pokecheck is a very good site to find IVs, we just meant that its ok to have a range of IVs for finding your parameter, but your right, knowing the IVs is much better :)

Can I PM you? I think I am just going to clog up this thread with all my questions.

Dont worry about "clogging up the thread" thats what its here for :) ask as many RNG related questions you need to. Otherwise, what would be the point of this thread? Ask away and we will do our best to help :)

Lol i wish i could help you but i never master that yet :/ Im trying to go for 4th gen breeding as well soon...i hope some helps wish you luck sorry i couldn't help you :(

can anyone give me a good video how to do the rnging for wild pokemon for 5th gen for some reason im lost on how to rng with wild....i know u use the capture tab but lost how to correctly put in to get results...espcially for shinies...i get nothing please help :)

Bearsfan092 has a video on youtube for dealing with wild pokemon i think. If not, just use his video for stationary legends as its the same process with a few differences. To get a shiny just check the find nearby shiny box and input a number. 1000 seems to be a good number but if you want to do more chatot flips then you can always go higher :)

FairyWitch
9th March 2012, 12:10 AM
Pokecheck is a very good site to find IVs, we just meant that its ok to have a range of IVs for finding your parameter, but your right, knowing the IVs is much better :)

Bearsfan092 has a video on youtube for dealing with wild pokemon i think. If not, just use his video for stationary legends as its the same process with a few differences. To get a shiny just check the find nearby shiny box and input a number. 1000 seems to be a good number but if you want to do more chatot flips then you can always go higher :)

okay and thanks but i looked at the bears fan video and i was slightly confused cuaz i have the newer version 9.94 beta reporter...also how do i know what frame im on without knowing the chatot pitch and stuff i just lists the hidden power and frame? how do i know what im on and everything?

edit: pm me please cuaz ill be going two school and ill back later :) Im gunna try it and then move on to legendaries when im ready too...

-Xen-
9th March 2012, 12:11 AM
Can someone help me out with HGSS egg abuse? I'm trying to breed an Adamant Scyther w/ Technician (haven't yet gotten to IV abuse.) Anyway, I found a suitable spread, discovered the Time/Date in the Seed to Time, hit my seed with no problems, placed my parents in the daycare, and generated the egg. When I hatched it, the Nature was Serious instead of Adamant. According to RNG Reporter, the first generated egg should've been my target, so what did I do wrong here?

I used Bearsfan's Youtube video for a walkthrough. From what I see, I did everything right, and the first egg should be Adamant. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Here's the video in case you need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU

FairyWitch
9th March 2012, 12:27 AM
I never tried it yet if its like 5th gen which its probably not it may be the timer is off?? not sure...dewey will help you out when he gets back on ;)

TDawg
9th March 2012, 12:29 AM
Can someone help me out with HGSS egg abuse? I'm trying to breed an Adamant Scyther w/ Technician (haven't yet gotten to IV abuse.) Anyway, I found a suitable spread, discovered the Time/Date in the Seed to Time, hit my seed with no problems, placed my parents in the daycare, and generated the egg. When I hatched it, the Nature was Serious instead of Adamant. According to RNG Reporter, the first generated egg should've been my target, so what did I do wrong here?

I used Bearsfan's Youtube video for a walkthrough. From what I see, I did everything right, and the first egg should be Adamant. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Here's the video in case you need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU

Did you advance to the frame you wanted? Because in 4th Gen you actually want to advance to the frame before it. Another thing that could be wrong is you didn't hit your delay, but I assume you did.

@eeveelover It's not like 5th Gen btw, as it doesn't deal with timer0. You deal with delays which are very different. Has dewey discovered 4th Gen yet? Last I talked to him he hadn't.

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 12:38 AM
I never tried it yet if its like 5th gen which its probably not it may be the timer is off?? not sure...dewey will help you out when he gets back on ;)

sure i can help. as long as its 5th gen :p

Has dewey discovered 4th Gen yet? Last I talked to him he hadn't.

Not yet unfortunately :( Im hell bent on getting my Tornadus first before i tackle gen 4 RNGing, but so far its a no-go :/ i wanted to ask though, how do i find a good ID/SID combo? I know pandora's box will give me a combo that will make a particular frame shiny, but i want to do all of the legendary pokemon with flawless IVs, good natures, and shiny. Is there a way to find a combo that will be good for all of them, or does Pandora's box just give me the one good frame?

-Xen-
9th March 2012, 12:40 AM
Did you advance to the frame you wanted? Because in 4th Gen you actually want to advance to the frame before it. Another thing that could be wrong is you didn't hit your delay, but I assume you did.

@eeveelover It's not like 5th Gen btw, as it doesn't deal with timer0. You deal with delays which are very different. Has dewey discovered 4th Gen yet? Last I talked to him he hadn't.

The target egg should've been the 1st egg generated according to RNG Reporter. I dunno how frames work in HGSS yet, since I'm still new to 4th Gen abuse. I know the Seconds and Delay were correct, so should I use a seed with the 2nd egg being my target?

It's kinda like C-Gear Abuse in B/W from what I've heard. Never tried C-Gear RNG before though. Egg abuse is easier in B/W, since Delay isn't factored in, and only one seed needs to be hit. Gen 4's egg IV's are generated seperately from the Nature, Ability, Shininess, etc.

TDawg
9th March 2012, 12:54 AM
The target egg should've been the 1st egg generated according to RNG Reporter. I dunno how frames work in HGSS yet, since I'm still new to 4th Gen abuse. I know the Seconds and Delay were correct, so should I use a seed with the 2nd egg being my target?

It's kinda like C-Gear Abuse in B/W from what I've heard. Never tried C-Gear RNG before though. Egg abuse is easier in B/W, since Delay isn't factored in, and only one seed needs to be hit. Gen 4's egg IV's are generated seperately from the Nature, Ability, Shininess, etc.

Oh never mind then! Scratch what I said. That's weird. YOu had the right idea :p. Honestly just try another seed. I don't really know what you would have done wrong. Any items attached to the Pokemon?

Exploits
9th March 2012, 1:01 AM

Every Elm call you make to verify your seed advances the frame by 1. Are you always getting the same Serious nature, ability, etc? It's possible that you didn't advance the frame properly. I haven't done 4th gen egg abuse since BW came out, so I would have to check it out myself. I don't know what you mean by "The target egg should've been the 1st egg generated". But yeah, could just be me being lost.

TDawg
9th March 2012, 1:06 AM
Every Elm call you make to verify your seed advances the frame by 1. Are you always getting the same Serious nature, ability, etc? It's possible that you didn't advance the frame properly. I haven't done 4th gen egg abuse since BW came out, so I would have to check it out myself. I don't know what you mean by "The target egg should've been the 1st egg generated". But yeah, could just be me being lost.

When getting nature and ability these RNG goes by eggs not frames. So advancing it improperly is irrelevant as long as you know hit your delay.

Exploits
9th March 2012, 1:16 AM
Oh right, my bad.

-Xen-
9th March 2012, 1:31 AM
Oh never mind then! Scratch what I said. That's weird. YOu had the right idea :p. Honestly just try another seed. I don't really know what you would have done wrong. Any items attached to the Pokemon?

Would flying mess with the IRNG? I did save in front of Zapdos so in the event I missed my delay, I could check what I did hit (searching Elm's responses doesn't work for some reason...). I guess I'll give it another go and see if the result is the same. If it is, then I'll try a different seed.

Edit: and no, I don't have any items on the parents.

I only tried it out once, because I was having issues with the delay (I worship the dude who created Eon Timer. lol). Like I said, the delay was correct, so I guess I'll try it again. If the results are the same, then I'll pick a different seed and see what happens.

Typhlosion X
9th March 2012, 2:15 AM
I've tried several times to hit my delay, and when I try to verify my Elm calls using Seed to Time, every single time there's no match for my calls. Just how precise to I have to be with the seconds and milliseconds and how can I accurately hit a delay down to a tenth or hundredth of a second?

EDIT: Got a match eventually, but would still like tips on hitting delays, thanks.

-Xen-
9th March 2012, 3:26 AM
I've tried several times to hit my delay, and when I try to verify my Elm calls using Seed to Time, every single time there's no match for my calls. Just how precise to I have to be with the seconds and milliseconds and how can I accurately hit a delay down to a tenth or hundredth of a second?

EDIT: Got a match eventually, but would still like tips on hitting delays, thanks.

You have to hit the seconds and delay right on, which is rather tricky since delay runs at about 60 per second.

Eon Timer will make your life much easier with delay, so I highly suggest using it. Once you get used to it, delays are pretty easy to hit.

Here's the link to it: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513

Typhlosion X
9th March 2012, 3:31 AM
Thanks, but while I was waiting I kept trying and eventually hit it, I already have EonTimer. I'm now closing in on my target frame of 179 slowly but surely with Elm calls, I'll edit this post with my capture when I get it.

EDIT: I missed by one frame, and have to hit the delay again. Dumb question but, 178 calls should land me on the shiny frame? I'm pretty sure I did 178, and then I checked my party to make sure I had a false swiper, then talked to Suicune, and disappointment ensued.

FairyWitch
9th March 2012, 4:39 AM
sure i can help. as long as its 5th gen :p

im having trouble with 5th gen wild and legendaries...I need help figuring out to search correctly in the capture tab and then trying to figure when i start advance since the main reporter only shows the frame iv's and hidden power....when im using the chatot how do i know the advancement if it doesn't list the chatot pitch ability and stuff? or do i use a crazy way with stepping? and for the one that i breed on 5th gen i breed non c-gear much easier...if you figure out lend me some help on hg/ss rnging thats my next task after this one...got to finish learning the rest...i don't go on entralink at all so i don't need to know that at all...glad cuaz i heard its very hard to master...

edit:haha didn't know thought he did master 4th gen yet lol...thanks for explanation on 4th gen though its good to know Tdawg :)

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 4:43 AM
im having trouble with 5th gen wild...I need help figuring out to search correctly in the capture tab and then trying to figure when i start advance since the main reporter only shows the frame iv's and hidden power....when im using the chatot how do i know the advancement and for the one that i breed on 5th gen i breed non c-gear much easier...

in the main RNG reporter window switch the Gen V IVs (Standard Seed) drop down option to Gen 5 PIDRNG and that will give you the PID frames for that seed. Hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and this will tell you your starting PID frame (or close to it. From there, just advance the IVRNG by walking 128 steps with X pokemon in your party, and then proceed to chatot flip to advance the PIDRNG. As for setting up the capture tab its easy. Just fill in the IVs you want, the month and year to search, and the encounter slot if your going for a particular pokemon. If you want it shiny then click the "Find Nearby Shiny" box and it will search for a shiny frame. hope that helped :)

FairyWitch
9th March 2012, 5:13 AM
in the main RNG reporter window switch the Gen V IVs (Standard Seed) drop down option to Gen 5 PIDRNG and that will give you the PID frames for that seed. Hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and this will tell you your starting PID frame (or close to it. From there, just advance the IVRNG by walking 128 steps with X pokemon in your party, and then proceed to chatot flip to advance the PIDRNG. As for setting up the capture tab its easy. Just fill in the IVs you want, the month and year to search, and the encounter slot if your going for a particular pokemon. If you want it shiny then click the "Find Nearby Shiny" box and it will search for a shiny frame. hope that helped :)

okay thanks ill try that right now thanks :) that makes good sense so far if i have any trouble ill come back for help...that does help trust me...yeah looked at bears video and got confused since it was a older reporter then 9.94 so got confused...thanks though ill try that now :)

TDawg
9th March 2012, 5:49 AM
Would flying mess with the IRNG? I did save in front of Zapdos so in the event I missed my delay, I could check what I did hit (searching Elm's responses doesn't work for some reason...). I guess I'll give it another go and see if the result is the same. If it is, then I'll try a different seed.

Edit: and no, I don't have any items on the parents.

I only tried it out once, because I was having issues with the delay (I worship the dude who created Eon Timer. lol). Like I said, the delay was correct, so I guess I'll try it again. If the results are the same, then I'll pick a different seed and see what happens.

Try saving in front of the old lady in the daycare building.

Thanks, but while I was waiting I kept trying and eventually hit it, I already have EonTimer. I'm now closing in on my target frame of 179 slowly but surely with Elm calls, I'll edit this post with my capture when I get it.

EDIT: I missed by one frame, and have to hit the delay again. Dumb question but, 178 calls should land me on the shiny frame? I'm pretty sure I did 178, and then I checked my party to make sure I had a false swiper, then talked to Suicune, and disappointment ensued.

If you're off by one frame then you need to change the year or insert a GBA game so you can get the odd or even delay. Unless you mean 1 as actually 2 off. Not quite sure I am reading this right, but if you want to have Suicune have the PID on frame 179 you need to advance to just 178. But I think you understand that.

Typhlosion X
9th March 2012, 6:08 AM
I got it, thanks for the help TDawg, and others.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/245.png
#245 Suicune http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.png
OT: Seth / ID: 20468
Bold / Genderless / Pressure
30 / 28 / 25 / 31 / 31 / 31
Rain Dance / Mist / Aurora Beam / Mist
(SS RNG)

I still have Raikou, Latios, Groudon, Rayquaza, the Sinjoh ruins event, and Moltres left, though my shiny spreads are less than impressive, so I'm gonna have to do non-shiny flawless for them, oh well.

TDawg
9th March 2012, 6:28 AM
I got it, thanks for the help TDawg, and others.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/245.png
#245 Suicune http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.png
OT: Seth / ID: 20468
Bold / Genderless / Pressure
30 / 28 / 25 / 31 / 31 / 31
Rain Dance / Mist / Aurora Beam / Mist
(SS RNG)

I still have Raikou, Latios, Groudon, Rayquaza, the Sinjoh ruins event, and Moltres left, though my shiny spreads are less than impressive, so I'm gonna have to do non-shiny flawless for them, oh well.

Good job man! Gotta ask though. Why did you use a seed with only 25 IVs in defense?

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that was probably the best shiny spread you had.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
9th March 2012, 7:49 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/492.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/380.gif
#380 Latias|Timid|Levitate|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Water Sport|Refresh|Mist Ball|Zen Headbutt|
|Caught at Pewter City|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/008.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/497.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/381.gif
#381 Latios|Timid|Levitate|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Dragonbreath|Protect|Refresh|Luster Purge|
|Caught at Route 6|

Always wanted my own shiny Latios...

TDawg
9th March 2012, 7:52 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/492.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/380.gif
#380 Latias|Timid|Levitate|31|31|31|31|31|31|Fire 70|
|Caught at Pewter City|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/008.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/497.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/381.gif
|Caught at Route 6|

Gah I need to learn emuRNG!D:

Good job.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
9th March 2012, 7:54 AM
You always quote the entire post before I could edit out the format fail, lol.

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 7:58 AM
#380 Latias|Timid|Levitate|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Caught at Pewter City|

|Caught at Route 6|

wow, impressive :) but, why so many different poke balls?

TDawg
9th March 2012, 8:10 AM
wow, impressive :) but, why so many different poke balls?

Just for collection. That's my biggest want. Because I can only get one of them in one ball each save file.

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 9:08 AM
Bloody hell! this has been one of the most stubborn breeds I've done in awhile! I'm getting a head of myself, first:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/225.gif
#225 Delibird | Ice/Flying | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Hustle | Hidden Power: Dark (70)
Date: 1/11/2012 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Ice Ball, Rapid Spin, Ice Shard, and Ice Punch

With this gauche, pitiful excuse for a pokemon done, i have now RNGed all non-legendary pokemon from Kanto and Johto (stupid Unown is the exception because it can't breed or be caught in B/W) Now to start on Hoenn :D

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/225.gif
#225 Delibird | Ice/Flying | Female | Poké Ball
Nature: Lax | Ability: Vital Spirit | Hidden Power: Fighting (30)
Date: 12/13/2099 | Hatched: Route 3 | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0 | Egg Move(s): Splash, Fake Out, Rapid Spin, and Quick Attack
This pokemon is free to anyone who wants it, and you know you do ;)

While i was at it, i breed this too. This SOB is the one that gave me hell. It took me 20 eggs for this! I always wanted to RNG a pokemon that was utter crap (weird i know) but i was never sure what one to do. Then i saw this monstrosity. Its shiny spirit is horribly ugly, its stats are just pathetic, its only level up move is present, its egg moves, while good, do it little service, and its ability just gets its hopes up to let it down in the end. I went with a Lax nature because i personally hate Lax nature soooooooooooo much. Since i wanted to make this pokemon just awful, Lax seemed to be the right choice. I even took the time and effort to sketch the worst possible egg moves onto a japanese Smeargle (Splash is an egg move! Seriously? Come on!) from there it took a few intermediate RNGs to get the parents down to a few good 0 IVs and then i picked an outlandish date just to add to the funniness. Not sure what to do with it now but give it away. I even plan on making it public on pokecheck. its still funny to look at though :p

Aggrotek
9th March 2012, 2:23 PM
This may sound like a noob question but is there any way to find out my SID without AR, or connecting to WiFi? I don't have access to either of those things.

Vandslaux
9th March 2012, 2:47 PM
I sort of gave up on a shiny, since my shiny frame gets skipped.
I couldn't hit a Timid frame for the life of me.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/642.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/quickball.png
#642 Thundurus | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Hasty | Ability: Prankster
Known moves: Revenge, Heal Block, Agility, Shock Wave | Route 8 | Type: Electric/Flying
IVs: 31/26/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

This one was easy. I was about to use my Master Ball on this, when only my two Chatots were remaining. Guys, remind me to not do Landorus with lv 50's in my team.
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/repeatball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/637.png
#637 Volcarona | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Flame Body
Known moves: Silver Wind, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Heat Wave | Relic Castle | Type: Bug/Fire
IVs: 31/15/30/31/30/30 | Hidden Power Rock 70

I also caught a shiny Elgyem for a Timid syncher for Volcarona for the lolz, but not posting that.

And could somebody help me with 4th gen? I can't hit delays for the life of me. It also doesn't help that Coin Flip Checker won't work on my computer. I could also try breeding on my SS.

FairyWitch
9th March 2012, 8:30 PM
This may sound like a noob question but is there any way to find out my SID without AR, or connecting to WiFi? I don't have access to either of those things.

Im not sure but all i know is that pokecheck site that will tell your secret id...i can barrow anyone of your pokemon to give your sid if you like when im on again tonight if you like but it has to be own to you though...ill help you out? Ill find out for you...

Edit:thats right forgot you don't have wifi :/ damn i don't know what to say...I don' think there another way to find your sid but i could be wrong...

Zevn
9th March 2012, 9:56 PM
Alright so I plug in:

1) calibrated delay
2) calibrated seconds
3) target delay
4) target seconds
4.1) set DS clock / Eontimer
5) start game
5.1) game loaded and waiting
6) soft reset at first 0:00
7) load file at second 0:00
8) use elm to advance the frame + check accuracy

But when I check my elm responses, they don't match adjacents in the finder tool.

The Eleventh
9th March 2012, 10:42 PM
But when I check my elm responses, they don't match adjacents in the finder tool.
Be sure to create very wide nearby results during your first attempts. You should find something plausible, then simply keep adjusting EonTimer until you reach your desired delay.

Zevn
9th March 2012, 10:53 PM
Be sure to create very wide nearby results during your first attempts. You should find something plausible, then simply keep adjusting EonTimer until you reach your desired delay.

But these steps look essentially correct though?

The Eleventh
9th March 2012, 10:54 PM
But these steps look essentially correct though?
Yes, you're doing everything correctly. It's just a matter of trial and error from now on.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/6xNWu.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/s6pd4.gif
Cian | 09100 | ♂
Bold | Levitate | Psychic | Route 210
Aurora Beam | Sleep Talk | Magic Coat | Trick
30 | 2 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}

ID/SID-abused, obviously. I love this RNG. Any ideas for a fourth Gen IV-exclusive move?

dewey911p
9th March 2012, 11:44 PM
Is it possible to RNG the personality of a pokemon? I know that sounds like i just made that up, but i want to RNG Wurmple and i want one that will evolve into Dustox and one that will evolve into Beautifly. Is there any way to control for this?

Zevn
9th March 2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know that I'm on the right track.

As for your question, you've already got magic coat/trick/sleep talk, I don't see any other gen 4 exclusive moves that can be used well with that combo.

If you're using that, wouldn't you have rest on the moveset?

Vandslaux
9th March 2012, 11:46 PM
I believe the personality is based on the PID%6, don't know the specifics though.

Jr Breshears
9th March 2012, 11:58 PM
Dewey i might DL that delibird for the lolz :p and put it in my trophy case lol

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
10th March 2012, 12:00 AM
ID/SID-abused, obviously. I love this RNG. Any ideas for a fourth Gen IV-exclusive move?

Trick.

_______

The Eleventh
10th March 2012, 12:27 AM
As for your question, you've already got magic coat/trick/sleep talk, I don't see any other gen 4 exclusive moves that can be used well with that combo.

If you're using that, wouldn't you have rest on the moveset?
I'm just adding these moves as possible options; it's unlikely I'll use them all at the same time.

Trick.
I've already taken note of Trick.

Zevn
10th March 2012, 12:41 AM
Of the choices left, I would personally go with Gravity, Role Play, or Skill Swap. Skill Swap if it won't cause detriment to your own team's ground type attacks. Gravity if your team could use that kind of support well, and Role Play if neither of the previous is appealing.

TDawg
10th March 2012, 1:23 AM
Is it possible to RNG the personality of a pokemon? I know that sounds like i just made that up, but i want to RNG Wurmple and i want one that will evolve into Dustox and one that will evolve into Beautifly. Is there any way to control for this?

Here you go. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4055184&postcount=12078)

Zevn
10th March 2012, 2:06 AM
I don't feel like it's possible to catch Suicune in a premier ball, on like my third seed hit, and he always kills himself with struggle, even after being asleep/at 1 hp most of the time.

Oh, I'm not just complaining.

Thanks for helping me hit my seed. ^_^

TDawg
10th March 2012, 2:38 AM
I don't feel like it's possible to catch Suicune in a premier ball, on like my third seed hit, and he always kills himself with struggle, even after being asleep/at 1 hp most of the time.

Oh, I'm not just complaining.

Thanks for helping me hit my seed. ^_^

It's a pain to catch Moltres as well.

Zevn
10th March 2012, 2:52 AM
I have another question, if my target frame is 11, wouldn't I do 10 Elm calls to correctly advance to the desired frame?

When I RNG eggs on B/W it's like: target(100) - initial(50) - 3

When RNGing the stationary in SS, isn't the initial frame equal to 1, meaning I'd need to advance 10 to hit 11? Just curious.

Typhlosion X
10th March 2012, 3:02 AM
Yes, that's right, in HGSS you do your target frame - 1 to hit it. I learned that the hard way doing my Suicune last night.

Zevn
10th March 2012, 3:04 AM
Good lord. 71 premier balls later and I finally have it, it's not shiny since my SID/TID can't make it... but I have SS RNG down at last.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/245.gif
#245 Suicune|Bold|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|Dragon 70|
|Surf|Calm Mind|Sleep Talk|Rest|
|Caught at Route 25|Mischievous|

EDIT:

Hey Dewey, you know this means I can help you now, if you need it. =p

Typhlosion X
10th March 2012, 5:20 AM
The Reshiram/Zekrom event is live. Had a seed ready for Zekrom, hit it first try.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/644.gif
#644 Zekrom
OT: SPR2012 / ID: 03102
Adamant / Genderless / Teravolt
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt / Haze / Outrage

FairyWitch
10th March 2012, 5:29 AM
I know this a silly question but is rnging for legendaries in 5th gen the same way as wild encounters?

TDawg
10th March 2012, 5:31 AM
I know this a silly question but is rnging for legendaries in 5th gen the same way as wild encounters?

Yeah it is. I think the PID actually just changes by 2 frames.

Zevn
10th March 2012, 5:38 AM
It's too bad that I hate both Rashiram and Zekrom.

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 6:28 AM
Dewey i might DL that delibird for the lolz :p and put it in my trophy case lol

lol, that would be funny to see it in a trophy case :p if i have time ill upload it tomorrow, otherwise it will be sunday. OT is Ares btw for easy searching :p

Here you go. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4055184&postcount=12078)

awesome thanks :) should be simple enough

Good lord. 71 premier balls later and I finally have it, it's not shiny since my SID/TID can't make it... but I have SS RNG down at last.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/245.gif
#245 Suicune|Bold|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|Dragon 70|
|Surf|Calm Mind|Sleep Talk|Rest|
|Caught at Route 25|Mischievous|

EDIT:

congrats and i just might take you up on that offer :p im getting excited about Gen 4 RNGing but i really want to get this Tornadus done first. I might lose strenght and cave in to the excitement though :p I've decided to RNG an ID that will give me a shiny Timid HP grass spread. Is 31/30/31/30/31/31 a possible gen 4 spread?

TDawg
10th March 2012, 6:30 AM
congrats and i just might take you up on that offer :p im getting excited about Gen 4 RNGing but i really want to get this Tornadus done first. I might lose strenght and cave in to the excitement though :p I've decided to RNG an ID that will give me a shiny Timid HP grass spread. Is 31/30/31/30/31/31 a possible gen 4 spread?

It is with a Cute Charm lead. But you can just use a 31/x/31/30/31/31 seed with a synch to have better seeds.

Silvershark
10th March 2012, 8:15 AM
Wrapped up two RNG's today:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/270.gif
'Colada'
Lotad *shiny* (female)
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Calm | Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Rain Dish | Type: Water/Grass
IV: 31/27/31/31/31/31
Moves: Astonish | Synthesis | Giga Drain | Leech Seed

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/643.gif
Reshiram
OT: SPR2012 | ID No.: 03102 | Nature: Naive | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Turboblaze | Type: Dragon/Fire
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Blue Flare | Fusion Flare | Mist | Draco Meteor

The Lotad was tricky, but Reshiram was a breeze. I decided to use the same seed I used for my naive flawless Victini so that I could run a Flame Charge set. Speaking of the recent event, would anyone be willing to let me borrow a Movie Zekrom so I can get the Zekrom C-Gear?

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 8:29 AM
It is with a Cute Charm lead. But you can just use a 31/x/31/30/31/31 seed with a synch to have better seeds.

so then, what does cute charm do? I assume the 31/30/31/30/31/31 spread isnt syncable then?

TDawg
10th March 2012, 8:29 AM
SMR2012 Reshiram!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/643.gif
#643 Reshiram | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | - | SPR2012
Hasty | Turboblaze | Alert to sounds.
03/09/2012| Apparently had a fateful encounter | Lvl. 100
31/31/31/31/31/31 | Dark 70
Mist

Let the bunch of posts begin. Way too easy. One try and done.

EDIT:

so then, what does cute charm do? I assume the 31/30/31/30/31/31 spread isnt syncable then?

To be honest I have no idea, but it changes the frames around I assume to that you can get what you want. And there's different Cute Charms. There is 100% Female, 75%, and so on. I never tried to used though as synch is good enough.

Not it's not. But since you want Timid 31/x/31/30/31/31 should be okay, right?

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 8:36 AM
SMR2012 Reshiram!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/643.gif
#643 Reshiram | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | - | SPR2012
Hasty | Turboblaze | Alert to sounds.
03/09/2012| Apparently had a fateful encounter | Lvl. 100
Mist

Let the bunch of posts begin. Way too easy. One try and done.

EDIT:

To be honest I have no idea, but it changes the frames around I assume to that you can get what you want. And there's different Cute Charms. There is 100% Female, 75%, and so on. I never tried to used though as synch is good enough.

Not it's not. But since you want Timid 31/x/31/30/31/31 should be okay, right?

yea, a 31/x/31/30/31/31 spread will work, i just think the 31/30/31/30/31/31 spread is more visually appealing. the way the Gen 5 RNG works has me spoiled i guess lol. Nice dragons btw, i plan on a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Reshiram and a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Naive/Hasty Zekrom. Not sure which nature will be better to go for, it really just depends on my Timer0 as one Timer0 has the one nature and the other has the other. I love wondercard RNGs, there so much fun IMO :D

TDawg
10th March 2012, 9:42 AM
yea, a 31/x/31/30/31/31 spread will work, i just think the 31/30/31/30/31/31 spread is more visually appealing. the way the Gen 5 RNG works has me spoiled i guess lol. Nice dragons btw, i plan on a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Reshiram and a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Naive/Hasty Zekrom. Not sure which nature will be better to go for, it really just depends on my Timer0 as one Timer0 has the one nature and the other has the other. I love wondercard RNGs, there so much fun IMO :D

Dracos will be falling left and right in Ubers so I guess a Hasty Zekrom would be better. Wondercards are okay imo. I do love the Cherish Ball though :p

Whitelightning
10th March 2012, 10:34 AM
#644 Zekrom [Jolly]
IVs: 4 / 31 / 2 / 25, 26 / 19 / 11
Stats at Lv.100: 314|0 / 336|0 / 247|0 / 243|0 / 224|0 / 215|0

Should i of kept it?

First RNG
I think i messed up

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 11:12 AM
#644 Zekrom [Jolly]
IVs: 4 / 31 / 2 / 25, 26 / 19 / 11
Stats at Lv.100: 314|0 / 336|0 / 247|0 / 243|0 / 224|0 / 215|0

Should i of kept it?

is that an RNG or did you post in the wrong thread? If thats an RNG then definitely dont keep it.

PokemonTrader
10th March 2012, 3:38 PM
I can't decide what nature I want for my Reshiram lol

The Eleventh
10th March 2012, 3:39 PM
I can't decide what nature I want for my Reshiram lol
Timid, Hasty and Modest are all usable. I'm going Hasty since I already have a flawless Timid Reshiram from my Japanese Black.

Iristle
10th March 2012, 4:53 PM
I have one question. I'm RNGing a Timid Reshiram which is 31/29/30/31/30/31. I'm getting everything right, the right advances and everything. The problem is that it keeps coming up with the wrong Timer0, C7F, instead of C80. Can I just keep trying until the right Timer0 comes up or do I have to try another seed?

The Eleventh
10th March 2012, 5:12 PM
I have one question. I'm RNGing a Timid Reshiram which is 31/29/30/31/30/31. I'm getting everything right, the right advances and everything. The problem is that it keeps coming up with the wrong Timer0, C7F, instead of C80. Can I just keep trying until the right Timer0 comes up or do I have to try another seed?
You can do both. Your timer0 will fluctuate, so it may return to C80 if you continue your attempts.

Iristle
10th March 2012, 5:16 PM
Now I'm on the right Timer0, but it seems I'm hitting 11 frames out... What the heck?

EDIT: I worked out that if I do one Chatot Cry, I end up 2 frames below the target frame. I'm going to try doing 3 advances this time, and hopefully it should hit it.

EDIT 2: Got trolled by Timer0, which decided to flip back on this attempt...

EDIT 3: Finally, victorious! I must note down that the frame will also change with the Timer0, because I noticed the starting frame for the wrong Timer0 was 44, but the right one was 53.

Reshiram
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/643.png
Timid / Turboblaze /31/29/30/31/30/31/ Ghost 68
Blue Flare /Fusion Flare / Mist /Draco Meteor
Fateful Encounter L.100 / Often Dozes off

My first successful RNG... Now I just need to learn the other methods in Standard Abuse...

Shockking
10th March 2012, 6:07 PM
Why is Wondercard so dang easy... I still haven't gotten that dang Deino that I want right... Oh well, now that I'm on spring break I'll have lots of time to work on RNGing.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/644.gif
Zekrom | #644 | Dragon/Electric
Adamant | Hidden Power Electric 70
Bolt Strike | Fusion Bolt | Haze | Outrage
31/31/31/18/31/31

I'm gonna work on my darn Deino now... :)

Kalosian
10th March 2012, 6:16 PM
Congrats Iristle on your first RNG! Well deserved, and I'm sure you will be mastering the other methods in no time at all!

Everybody is doing the wondercards... Here are mine:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/643.png
#643. Reshiram
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 03102 | Genderless
Nature: Timid | Ability: Turboblaze | Type: Dragon / Fire
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location obtained: Fateful Encounter as a Wi-Fi Gift
IVs: 31 HP | 0 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Blue Flare / Fusion Flare / Mist / Draco Meteor
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/644.png
#644. Zekrom
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 03102 | Genderless
Nature: Naive | Ability: Teravolt | Type: Dragon / Electric
Hidden Power: Dark [70] | Location obtained: Fateful Encounter as a Wi-Fi Gift
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt / Haze / Outrage

Now, I just need to get started on the HGSS breeding. Although this was a nice but short break from 4th gen.

Iristle
10th March 2012, 7:06 PM
Congrats Iristle on your first RNG! Well deserved, and I'm sure you will be mastering the other methods in no time at all!

Thanks, but every other method looks more complicated compared to Wondercard RNG... Either that or I'm overloading myself with info. It's just so confusing... >.<

Beck
10th March 2012, 7:38 PM
Thanks, but every other method looks more complicated compared to Wondercard RNG... Either that or I'm overloading myself with info. It's just so confusing... >.<

Wondercard is definitely much easier because the PIDRNG has less factors to be concerned with, but at the same time, 5th Gen. RNG manipulation in general is easier than anything else. Keep reading and asking questions, it will onyl get easier.

The Eleventh
10th March 2012, 7:38 PM
It's not that much harder than Wonder Card RNGing. You RNG IVs by hitting your seed, then natures, gender, etc. through viewing Chatot's summary. You should have a read through some guides, and if you need help, ask here.

Vandslaux
10th March 2012, 8:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/quickball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/638.png
#638 Cobalion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified
Known moves: Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Guidance Chamber | Type: Steel/Fighting
IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/healball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/640.png
#640 Virizion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Justified
Known moves: Sacred Sword, Giga Drain, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Rumination Field | Type: Grass/Fighting
IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/repeatball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/639.png
#639 Terrakion | OT: Austin | ID: 47788 | Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified
Known moves: Sacred Sword, Rock Slide, Helping Hand, Retaliate | Victory Road | Type: Rock/Fighting
IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 68

Always wanted to catch a shiny legendary myself. Terrakion was tough, though. Cobalion was easy, Virizion was slightly frustrating due to Timer0 fluctuation after 362 Chatters. Terrakion though, ugh. First I kill it with a crit Strength, then I get Timer0 fluctuation, then I finally catch it, so it was 1983 Chatot flips in total, as it was on frame 713 with a starting PID frame of 52. I'm going to do Reshiram once I get wifi and I can download the event.

Jr Breshears
10th March 2012, 8:12 PM
im going to catch those too, jolly and timid for cobalion, jolly and timid for virizion, and jolly and adamant for terrakion.

Ball choices?

Vandslaux
10th March 2012, 8:15 PM
im going to catch those too, jolly and timid for cobalion, jolly and timid for virizion, and jolly and adamant for terrakion.

Ball choices?

Definitely Heal Ball for Virizion, rest of them are up to you imo.

And I have never seen a viably used Adamant Terrakion. His Speed tier is too precise to not use a Speed-boosting nature with Infernape tying with him and Landorus in the Speed tiers just below.

Jr Breshears
10th March 2012, 8:21 PM
Yeah heal ball for both virizions, great and quick ball for cobalion, and premier and luxury ball for terrakion, sound good?

And yeah the adamant one is for a double dancing one, rock polish and swords dance.

Vandslaux
10th March 2012, 8:24 PM
Yeah heal ball for both virizions, great and quick ball for cobalion, and premier and luxury ball for terrakion, sound good?

And yeah the adamant one is for a double dancing one, rock polish and swords dance.

I honestly see no black or gold (maybe tan) on Terrakion, though shiny Terrakion IS a strange case as far as coloring goes.

Jr Breshears
10th March 2012, 8:26 PM
Then timer ball and premier ball lol

Zevn
10th March 2012, 8:30 PM
I like all my legends to be in premier balls.

AquaRegisteel
10th March 2012, 9:09 PM
Right, I'm trying my hand at RNGing the Reshiram event.

My seed is frame 87, so how many advances do I need to do?

Starting Frame is 50, so that means 37 advances, right?

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 10:13 PM

Ball choices?

I went with a Dive ball for Cobolion (because everyone else did a quick ball and i wanted to be different) the standard Heal ball for Virizion ( i wish the Love ball was still around) and the a regular Poke ball for Terrakion because it was the only ball with red on it. Finally, i went with the Great ball for Reshiram because i hate the Primer ball with a passion and i liked the Red white and Blue color scheme :p

Right, I'm trying my hand at RNGing the Reshiram event.

My seed is frame 87, so how many advances do I need to do?

Starting Frame is 50, so that means 37 advances, right?

sounds about right. If you miss your PID then adjust and try again :)

AquaRegisteel
10th March 2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah, been missing my PID quite a bit.

Anyways, there's another thing i've been missing out.

Everytime I try and match the IVs I get to a nearby spread, but the IVs match none of the spreads nearby...does that mean I am messing up badly?

Vandslaux
10th March 2012, 10:29 PM
I have a question: how exactly does the RNG advance when you pick up a Wondercard? When I picked up my Reshiram and Mewtwo to test this out, they had different IVs and nature.

dewey911p
10th March 2012, 10:30 PM
OMFG i have been trying to RNG this Wurmple since late last night and after 30ish eggs i just realized that the information in RNG reporter matched my black game cart and not my white game cart :/ I dont even know how the info got switched around like that. No wonder i keep missing my seed.

Yeah, been missing my PID quite a bit.

Anyways, there's another thing i've been missing out.

Everytime I try and match the IVs I get to a nearby spread, but the IVs match none of the spreads nearby...does that mean I am messing up badly?

if the IVs dont match up anywhere near your target frame then you missed your seed is all. Just try again :)

Zevn
10th March 2012, 11:14 PM
I'm a little bit annoyed that I learned to RNG right after the Mewtwo event.

EDIT

Is there a better way to advance my frame than calling elm for seeds with frames hundreds away? (Like using repel to measure steps.)

Typhlosion X
11th March 2012, 1:29 AM
Ok so, I want to RNG my ID/SID on Diamond. I used PokeRNG to find a flawless spread with a low frame, and plugged it into Pandora's Box. So for this high 5000 delay, will hitting it be any different, and if I do it correctly, my flawless spread will be shiny for that ID combo?

Here's the combo I want to use and the info Pandora's Box gave me: 211316C3 55335/35005 Delay 5827 Seconds 0

Plugged it into Seed to Time, and went with this time:2012 07 28 19:43:50 Delay 5815
What goes into EonTimer for Calibrated Delay and seconds for DPPt, especially for ID/SID abuse?

The Eleventh
11th March 2012, 1:37 AM
What goes into EonTimer for Calibrated Delay and seconds for DPPt, especially for ID/SID abuse?
For the delay, enter something around 600. A seconds value of 14 is common. When RNGing your ID/SID in DPPt, you need to SR at the end of the first timer, then press A to end the Lake of Rage report at the end of the second one.

Typhlosion X
11th March 2012, 1:44 AM
Let me see if I have this correct. I'll boot the game, start a new game, wait for the first timer to end and soft reset, then start a new game and get to the TV broadcast for Gyarados, and dismiss it at the second timer's end. Or could I boot the game from the DS menu instead of soft resetting?

Exploits
11th March 2012, 3:18 AM
Or could I boot the game from the DS menu instead of soft resetting?

Yes, you could also do that. I prefer that more than soft resetting myself.

Vandslaux
11th March 2012, 4:43 AM
Is a Jap. flawless Ditto really necessary for breeding, or is it just overkill? I'm yet to get mine back from when I traded with somebody when I was restarting my game. I could RNG an English flawless one no prob.

Zevn
11th March 2012, 4:45 AM
It's extremely helpful to have.

EDIT:
I'm looking for a SID/TID combo that can provide a Timid/Shiny with an IV spread like: 31/--/31/31/31/31 that can also provide an Adamant/Jolly/Mild//Hasty/Naive *near* flawless spread for Rayquaza. I'm having difficulty with finding one that can do both.
I actually had another question, I'm trying to find a delay to hit, but in the instructional video it said you can only get even or odd delays... but none of the delays are odd for a flawless Rayquaza.

Typhlosion X
11th March 2012, 5:12 AM
So for the target time (23:57:50), am I setting the timer two minutes early? I've been setting the DS to 23:55:00 and have hit the delay my ID/SID combo is supposed to be on twice now, but the ID is dead wrong.

And I'd recommend looking for a flawless spread with a low synch frame and then plugging the seed into Pandora's box for a good ID combo, like I did, Zevn.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized I was doing something incredibly wrong, I think.

TDawg
11th March 2012, 7:46 AM
This troll is finally mine! After 2 months I got him!

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/9503/masterpq8.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/641.gif
#641 Tornadus - トルネロス | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | ♂
Timid | Prankster | Mischievous.
02/23/2012 | Route 9 | Lvl. 40
31/2/30/31/31/31 | Ice 70

........ And I still don't know what my starting frame was. Pure luck with the nature.

dewey911p
11th March 2012, 8:40 AM

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/9503/masterpq8.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/641.gif

........ And I still don't know what my starting frame was. Pure luck with the nature.

wow congratulations! Im still being trolled by mine :/ even worse, i went to go RNG my Zekrom on Black today and when the game loaded i realized i was still stuck in that damn house :/ Sorry Zekrom, your just going to have to chill with that deliveryman on the pokemon center for a bit

TDawg
11th March 2012, 9:12 AM
wow congratulations! Im still being trolled by mine :/ even worse, i went to go RNG my Zekrom on Black today and when the game loaded i realized i was still stuck in that damn house :/ Sorry Zekrom, your just going to have to chill with that deliveryman on the pokemon center for a bit

Thanks, man! I am glad I got it before Nobunga's or whatever Rayquaza is released so I can RNG that right away.

dewey911p
11th March 2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks, man! I am glad I got it before Nobunga's or whatever Rayquaza is released so I can RNG that right away.

Oh man, i wish your events were full redis, its hard finding someone with a japanese game that can RNG :/ i assume there are a lot of people out there on japanese forums and whatnot, but without speaking japanese i cant seem to find a reliable source for japanese events :(

MSK
11th March 2012, 12:09 PM
So it seems that everybody is getting into 4th Gen RNG at the moment. I've been reading everyone's posts and looking at all the guides etc and I have a few questions.
1. Do you have to RNG your ID/SID combo to be able to get shiny Pokemon? Can you not send a Pokemon to Pokecheck to find your SID like B/W? ( Reason I ask on this both my HG/SS have the Lati@s events waiting in the middle of the street to be battled and I was hoping to RNG them Shiny with a good IV spread)
2. I see it's all delay based so I assume just like Entralink RNG. I've only done one Entralink Arceus so far and found it really really hard. Are the delays just as hard to hit?
3. I've noticed most people saying all the spreads etc are preset but how do you change Nature when RNG on Gen 4?

Once I've got a firm grasp on everything I'll be giving it a go and will probably be back with many more questions :)
For the time being I'm just working through Gen 5 breeding competitive teams and picking up wondercards.

My latest are

VGC Larvitar Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/0
VGC Larvitar Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/31
Reshiram Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31
Mewtwo Timid 31/*/31/31/31/31 (x14 with various IV's in Attack)

Ferroseed Relaxed 31/31/31/31/31/4 Egg Moves Spikes / Stealth Rock x2
Dwebble Relaxed 31/31/31/31/31/4 Egg Moves Spikes x2

Vandslaux
11th March 2012, 1:03 PM

Congrats. At least you got a decent nature. I got Hasty on my Thundurus because I couldn't find a Timid frame.

The Eleventh
11th March 2012, 2:37 PM
It really took that long? I got my shiny Japanese Tornadus within a few hours. xD

1. Do you have to RNG your ID/SID combo to be able to get shiny Pokemon? Can you not send a Pokemon to Pokecheck to find your SID like B/W? ( Reason I ask on this both my HG/SS have the Lati@s events waiting in the middle of the street to be battled and I was hoping to RNG them Shiny with a good IV spread)
Yes, you can find your ID/SID through Pokécheck, but to get shiny penta-flawless, hex-flawless or Hidden Power spreads, you'll need to ID/SID abuse.

2. I see it's all delay based so I assume just like Entralink RNG. I've only done one Entralink Arceus so far and found it really really hard. Are the delays just as hard to hit?
It is difficult at first, but not as hard as Entralink. With Entralink RNG, you can hit both odd and even delays at the same time, meaning you have to be as precise as 1/60 of a second. This is untrue for Gen IV abuse, in which you can only hit odd or even delays at any one time, effectively causing the needed precision to be only 1/30, which isn't as hard as it appears. With practice, you'll be able to hit delays on your first attempt.

3. I've noticed most people saying all the spreads etc are preset but how do you change Nature when RNG on Gen 4?
Natures and IVs are intertwined with Gen IV RNG. It's not like Gen V (hitting a seed, then changing the PIDRNG). Instead, you hit a delay, then change the IVs and PID at the same time. This is why there are preset spreads available, as they also don't change between games.

Typhlosion X
11th March 2012, 3:16 PM
I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong so I quit for a while. When Pandora's box finds the ID/SID combo I want it's delay 6072 and in Seed to Time it stays 6072, when I copy the seed into the Simple Seed to ID/SID calculator, the delay jumps up to 6084, which one do I hit? For this, does it matter what I use as my target seconds or do I need to use 0 like Pandora's Box says?

Vandslaux
11th March 2012, 5:03 PM
With all this talk about 4th gen, I think I'm going to try again. What's a good calibrated delay/second for Pt?

Typhlosion X
11th March 2012, 6:48 PM
Finally RNGed my IDs, 43764/15556. It was so tedious, each failed attempt was gg 2 mins of my life. Expect a few shiny 4th gen legends from me in the next week or two.

Anyway, for DPPt, a good Calibrated delay+secs combo is 600 and 14.

Zevn
11th March 2012, 7:11 PM
Hey, so I'm trying to RNG a shiny Rayquaza, turns out with a few 30s there was one with a decent frame.

So basically here's the issue:

Calibrated Delay: 481
Calibrated Seconds: 13
Target Delay: 1173
Target Seconds: 59

I hit my target second every attempt, which is: 14:58:59 (3/20/2012), but I can't consistently hit any delay. So far in the past few minutes I've hit the following:

Since I have not hit the same one twice I am not comfortable adjusting Eontimer with the delay hit... so what should I do?

I RNG'd the Suicune I was after a few days ago, but today it's just not happening.

Soueto
11th March 2012, 8:14 PM
To RNG the new Zekrom/Reshiram event I just need to use the Gift Pokémon method, right?
Also, If I receive the pokémon can I turn the DS off and receive it again if I don't save the game?

Beck
11th March 2012, 8:23 PM
To RNG the new Zekrom/Reshiram event I just need to use the Gift Pokémon method, right?
Also, If I receive the pokémon can I turn the DS off and receive it again if I don't save the game?

Use the Wondercard Method. And yes, as long as you don't save you will be able to re-obtain the Gift Pokemon.

Soueto
11th March 2012, 8:24 PM
Use the Wondercard Method. And yes, as long as you don't save you will be able to re-obtain the Gift Pokemon.

Alright, thanks ^^

TDawg
11th March 2012, 9:12 PM
It really took that long? I got my shiny Japanese Tornadus within a few hours. xD.

Well I procrastinated a lot. :P

Finalflashgame
11th March 2012, 9:34 PM
How does the Pokemon Gifting thing work?

Agonist
11th March 2012, 9:37 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/138.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Bag_Helix_Fossil_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Swift Swim
31 | 10 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 30 {Electric 70}
Water Gun | Rollout | Leer | Mud Shot
UT @ Lv. 25

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/337.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Levitate
Embargo | Heal Block | Cosmic Power | Psychic
UT @ Lv. 50

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/338.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Levitate
31 | 31 | 31 | 21 | 31 | 31
Flash | Cosmic Power | Heal Block | Rock Slide
UT @ Lv. 50

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/359.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Pressure
Double Team | Slash | Future Sight | Sucker Punch
UT @ Lv. 48

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Spr_5b_586_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Sap Sipper
Faint Attack | Take Down | Jump Kick | Aromatherapy
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/59/Spr_5b_586A_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0b/Spr_5b_586S_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/37/Spr_5b_586W_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 35

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/610.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Mold Breaker
31 | 31 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31
Scary Face | Slash | False Swipe | Dragon Claw
UT @ Lv. 30

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/614.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Snow Cloak
Icicle Crash | Shadow Claw | Brine | Endure
UT @ Lv. 37

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/619.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Regenerator
Swift | Calm Mind | Force Palm | Drain Punch
UT @ Lv. 33

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/638.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Justified
31 | 31 | 31 | 26 | 31 | 31
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Iron Head | Sacred Sword
UT @ Lv. 42

Caught all these last night while my Internet was out. They're all shiny, in case you can't tell with the Sawsbuck. Now that the Internet is back, I'll go do the recent wondercards.

Vandslaux
11th March 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm guessing you searched for hours/got lucky for one of the spreads, and RNGed your IDs for the other spread?

TDawg
12th March 2012, 2:58 AM
I'm guessing you searched for hours/got lucky for one of the spreads, and RNGed your IDs for the other spread?

I think he RNGed his ID for a HP Rock Lilligant or something. I don't remember. But he can easily just use a synch shiny frame. Because I notice a lot of his pokes have the same IVs.

Anyways here's a BP from my thread.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/478.png★;250;
#478 Froslass | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ice.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | ♀ | (Non-Redis)
Timid | Snow Cloak | Likes to thrash about.
05/31/2012 | Ice Path | Lvl. 1
Spikes | Trick | Pain Split

Agonist
12th March 2012, 3:22 AM
I think he RNGed his ID for a HP Rock Lilligant or something. I don't remember. But he can easily just use a synch shiny frame. Because I notice a lot of his pokes have the same IVs.

Anyways here's a BP from my thread.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/347/pokese6.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/478.png★;250;
#478 Froslass | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ice.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | ♀ | (Non-Redis)
Timid | Snow Cloak | Likes to thrash about.
05/31/2012 | Ice Path | Lvl. 1
Spikes | Trick | Pain Split

Yeah, I abused my TID for a HP Rock seed, although I didn't really need to. At any rate, I've found maybe 1500 frame 1 shiny seeds for this current save, so I really don't have a hard time finding useable seeds.

-Xen-
12th March 2012, 4:51 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/138.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Bag_Helix_Fossil_Sprite.png
Water Gun | Rollout | Leer | Mud Shot
UT @ Lv. 25

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/337.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Levitate
Embargo | Heal Block | Cosmic Power | Psychic
UT @ Lv. 50

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/338.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Levitate
Flash | Cosmic Power | Heal Block | Rock Slide
UT @ Lv. 50

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/359.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Pressure
Double Team | Slash | Future Sight | Sucker Punch
UT @ Lv. 48

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Spr_5b_586_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/59/Spr_5b_586A_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0b/Spr_5b_586S_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 34

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/37/Spr_5b_586W_s.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
UT @ Lv. 35

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/610.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Mold Breaker
31 | 31 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31
Scary Face | Slash | False Swipe | Dragon Claw
UT @ Lv. 30

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/614.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Snow Cloak
Icicle Crash | Shadow Claw | Brine | Endure
UT @ Lv. 37

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/619.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Regenerator
Swift | Calm Mind | Force Palm | Drain Punch
UT @ Lv. 33

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/638.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Justified
31 | 31 | 31 | 26 | 31 | 31
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Iron Head | Sacred Sword
UT @ Lv. 42

Caught all these last night while my Internet was out. They're all shiny, in case you can't tell with the Sawsbuck. Now that the Internet is back, I'll go do the recent wondercards.

You're Agonist from Pokecheck? I didn't know that. lol

Anyway, I just RNG'd my first Gen 4 Pokemon ever, a Jolly Scyther w/ Technician. Now I need to teach it Bug Bite and Tailwind, then transfer it. I'm excited that I finally am getting the hang of Delays and stuff. Perhaps I'll start learning about Entralink abuse soon, since that also uses Delays.

Jr Breshears
12th March 2012, 5:07 AM
Don't forget to teach it superpower :D

Zevn
12th March 2012, 5:09 AM
Okay so it's really starting to bug me. So far on the delay I hit Suicune correctly with (465) I have hit the delays:

-1167 x1
-1169 x1
-1171 x4
-1173 (my target delay, not hit)
-1175 x3
-1177 x2
-1179 x1

TDawg
12th March 2012, 5:43 AM
Okay so it's really starting to bug me. So far on the delay I hit Suicune correctly with (465) I have hit the delays:

-1167 x1
-1169 x1
-1171 x4
-1173 (my target delay, not hit)
-1175 x3
-1177 x2
-1179 x1

Stop adjusting your timer so much if you are.

Zevn
12th March 2012, 5:58 AM
I haven't been for any of those. Those are all hit with 465.

TDawg
12th March 2012, 6:00 AM
Oh never mind. Then why aren't you adjusting your timer? lol

Zevn
12th March 2012, 6:04 AM
Because I hit Suicune with 465, and I'm hitting consistently right above/below my target.

EDIT:

So... I've got the process down correctly. I'm just not used to hitting delays. I ended up getting the Rayquaza that I wanted but it killed itself with Struggle before Premier Balls did the trick.

Arande
12th March 2012, 10:25 AM
It's noob question time. Basically I RNG no problem with my DSlite/JP black. The issue is I want to RNG the wonder cards sitting on my EN white I play on my DSI. Just want to double check if it's like switching DS's with 4th gen where the wifi stuff is unchanged as long as I don't touch wifi trying my white on my DSlite. The time based events are irrelevent. Just worried about the gamesync ID, especially with the tournament on GBU coming up soon.

Really don't wanna have to try RNGing without the DSlites clock, that thing spoiled me.

Zevn
12th March 2012, 10:34 AM
I just use my iphone once I remembered that it has a built in stopwatch.

...but if you don't have that option, this is pretty good if you aren't using DSlite. (http://stopwatch.onlineclock.net/)

Schro
12th March 2012, 2:32 PM
I finally got a Hex flawless mewtwo! ......only there is one issue....its relaxed..... I searched for Timid on PPRNG and did the right time etc (2012/02/28 01:24:39 with start 44 frm 76 (so 32 chatot flips)).... So i was surprised why both times I got relaxed, so i searched for a relaxed hex flawless and for some reason it had the same time, timer0 (2012/02/28 01:24:39 start 44 frm 76). So I searched for other natures.....and got the same time again wondercard seed searcher, just with a different nature each time (though when I search for any, I just get relaxed.....)

Does that mean I cant specify nature and that its random?

EDIT: Tried a few more times....i keep getting hex flawless relaxed mewtwos rather then the timid flawless one I want....

Vandslaux
12th March 2012, 2:48 PM
Can you RNG the gift Magikarp, since I'm pretty sure it always has a 31 Speed IV?

Schro
12th March 2012, 3:44 PM
I did it! Hex Flawless Timid Mewtwo! I instead did a wider search with Any nature and found another timid seed which worked better =D

Clarity
12th March 2012, 6:25 PM
White
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/643.gif
Reshiram | Type: Dragon/Fire
Nature: Timid | Ability: Turboblaze | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Black
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/494.gif
Victini | Type: Psychc/Fire
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Victory Star | Characteristic: Often dozes off

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/150.gif
Mewtwo | Type: Psychc
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

Reshiram was easy, one try then got it. Victini was giving me trouble. >.< Tried to get it five times and kept failing, D: so I took a break. xD When I went to look over to see if I had everything right, well something was wrong. xD I had it set to my White game not Black. -_- *facepalms* xD Tried again and Timer0 was giving me trouble, but got Victini on my third try. :) Same with Mewtwo. xD I will get Zekrom later today when my head stops hurting. xD

Stiffler83
12th March 2012, 6:52 PM
So far I've successfully RNG'ed the following pokemon

-Flawless IV/Nature Kyurem
- Shiny Wild Roggenrolla with certain IVs
- Hatched Shiny Flawless Modest Charmander 31/x/31/31/31/31

I've just noticed that as I RNG more difficult situations, the easier RNGs get even easier. So I was wondering if there was any other 5th gen RNG challenges I should try my hand at. Roaming pokemon? Please make me some suggestions.

Agonist
12th March 2012, 7:34 PM
You could try entralink or roamers, or you could move on to a different generation.

And a little side note, regarding your signature where you say Pokecheck manipulates your game data, it doesn't.

Stiffler83
12th March 2012, 8:08 PM
Would you say 4th/3rd gen are harder or easier than 5th gen?

That's true about pokecheck, but it can be used to clone, which I don't agree with.

Schro
12th March 2012, 8:09 PM
Could not get a good seed for a hex flawless adament zekrom, so got a physical flawless one with 4 in sp.att instead.

Zevn
12th March 2012, 8:27 PM
I find hitting delays in gen 4 harder than gen 5 RNG.

Alright, so my target Rayquaza killed itself with Struggle again.

The biggest issue has been that it can kill itself with Outrage confusion if I bring him too low, and he still gets a turn to use Rest coming out of any sleep. I was thinking of using magneton with Thunderwave/Double Team/Flash/Flash Cannon + Leftovers.

Any ideas? I'm trying to catch him in Premier Balls.

The Eleventh
12th March 2012, 8:46 PM
The biggest issue has been that it can kill itself with Outrage confusion if I bring him too low, and he still gets a turn to use Rest coming out of any sleep. I was thinking of using magneton with Thunderwave/Double Team/Flash/Flash Cannon + Leftovers.

Any ideas? I'm trying to catch him in Premier Balls.
Smeargle can be useful for catching Rayquaza. If it has Own Tempo and a moveset of False Swipe / Rest / Imprison / Skill Swap, it can prove to be very helpful. Imprison stops Rayquaza using Rest, while Skill Swap stops it becoming confused from Outrage due to Own Tempo.

Zevn
12th March 2012, 8:56 PM
I can sketch those from an ally in a double battle right? Seel/Vulpix/Haunter/Paras could work if I can.

Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to get all of those.

Great idea btw.

EDIT:

woohoo it worked, thanks [:

The Eleventh
12th March 2012, 11:18 PM
Glad I could help.

http://i.imgur.com/43q9V.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/8Fldg.gif
Cian | 09100 | --
Impish | Pressure | Ghost/Dragon | Turnback Cave
Shadow Force | Earth Power | Sleep Talk | Outrage
31 | 31 | 31 | 17 | 31 | 31

http://i.imgur.com/190De.gif
Cian | 07245 | ♂
Adamant | Rock Head | Dragon | Blackthorn City
Dragon Dance | Outrage
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

I just have Regigigas left in Diamond, then all of the stationaries will have been caught. Is there anything of note I can catch with a shiny 30/x/31/30/30/30 Bold HP Fighting spread in Diamond before I think of restarting? I bred the Bagon for a Battle Tower team, since I'll be needing quite a lot of BPs for tutors.

Zevn
12th March 2012, 11:34 PM
I've been looking on google for the last half hour or so, and I can't find a list of double battles to use for Sketch.

I am currently biking around Kanto, and I have found one double battle. I miss obvious things, and I hope it's not annoying that I'm asking, but do you know where there are some more double battles?

TDawg
13th March 2012, 12:13 AM
I've been looking on google for the last half hour or so, and I can't find a list of double battles to use for Sketch.

I am currently biking around Kanto, and I have found one double battle. I miss obvious things, and I hope it's not annoying that I'm asking, but do you know where there are some more double battles?

You can always call people that are double. Like twins, or couples. See if they ask for a rematch. Since it seems you're to the point in the game were they ask.

Zevn
13th March 2012, 3:29 AM
You can always call people that are double. Like twins, or couples. See if they ask for a rematch. Since it seems you're to the point in the game were they ask.

Thanks, I managed it by intentionally losing after I sketched. Did it with the same double battlers.

Neat thing, Skill Swap/Thief Haunter against E4 rematch Swalot. Free Leftovers.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
13th March 2012, 6:58 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/006.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/245.gif
#245 Suicune|Timid|Pressure|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Rain Dance|Gust|Aurora Beam|Mist|
|Caught at Route 25|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/495.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/011.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gif
#384 Rayquaza|Hasty|Air Lock|31|31|30|31|31|31|
|Rest|Air Slash|Ancientpower|Outrage|
|Caught at Embedded Tower|

TDawg
13th March 2012, 7:02 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/006.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/245.gif
#245 Suicune|Timid|Pressure|31|6|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Rain Dance|Gust|Aurora Beam|Mist|
|Caught at Route 25|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/495.pnghttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/011.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gif
#384 Rayquaza|Hasty|Air Lock|31|31|30|31|31|31|
|Rest|Air Slash|Ancientpower|Outrage|
|Caught at Embedded Tower|

Good catches, Advent. I really wish my emulator would work -_-.

Oh well retail cart is fine by me ^.^.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3250/premiergc1.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/643.gif:643:
#643 Reshiram - レシラム | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | -
Quiet | Turboblaze | Mischievous.
01/03/2012 | N's Castle | Lvl. 50
31/30/31/31/31/0 | Psychic 64

First try. I guess that's all I have to say about this thing.

Jr Breshears
13th March 2012, 7:04 AM
Nice catch :D btw your thread says 31/31/31/31/31/31 for that ^

EDIT: nvm saw you fixed it :p

TDawg
13th March 2012, 7:05 AM
Nice catch :D btw your thread says 31/31/31/31/31/31 for that ^

Lol I just fixed it :P

EDIT: And now I have finished these, I am off to bed.

First Anniversary Mewtwo!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/150.gif
#150 Mewtwo | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | - | FEB2012
Modest | Pressure | Michievous.
02/17/2012 | Apparently had a Fateful encounter | Lvl. 70
31/1/31/31/31/31| Dark 68
Electro Ball

SPR2012 Zekrom!
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/879/cherishta5.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/644.gif
#644 Zekrom | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif | - | SPR2012
Adamant | Teravolt | Often dozes off.
03/13/2012| Apparently had a fateful encounter | Lvl. 100
31/31/31/24/31/31 | Electric 59
Haze

Agonist
13th March 2012, 7:14 PM
A few abuses I did last night (thirty to be precise).

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/116.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Sniper
30 | 14 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Brine | Hydro Pump | Dragon Dance | Dragon Pulse
UT @ Lv. 55

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/116.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
30 | 14 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Grass 70}
Brine | Hydro Pump | Dragon Dance | Dragon Pulse
UT @ Lv. 47

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/116.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Twister | Brine | Hydro Pump | Dragon Dance
UT @ Lv. 39

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/375.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant / Jolly | Clear Body
31 | 31 | 31 | 17 | 31 | 31
Iron Defense | Agility | Meteor Mash | Zen Headbutt
UT @ Lv. 53

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/375.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Naughty | Clear Body
30 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Water 70}
Iron Defense | Agility | Meteor Mash | Zen Headbutt
UT @ Lv. 55

Whomever decided the Metagross line should have a catch rate of three is a ****ing *******.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/456.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Storm Drain
U-turn | Bounce | Silver Wind | Soak
UT @ Lv. 54

Got this accidentally while catching the above Horsea

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/458.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Bag_Great_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Calm | Water Absorb
31 | 15 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Flying 70}
Agility | Wing Attack | Water Pulse | Take Down
UT @ Lv. 31

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/494.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
Movie14 | 12031 | Jolly | Victory Star
31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31*
V-create | Fusion Flare | Fusion Bolt | Searing Shot
UT @ Lv. 50

Forgot I had this wondercard still

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/563.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/17/Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Bold / Modest | Mummy
31 | 18 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
Curse | Power Split | Guard Split | Scare Face
UT @ Lv. 36

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/578.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Bold / Modest | Magic Guard
31 | 18 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
Recover | Psyshock | Endeavor | Future Sight
UT @ Lv. 31

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/595.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Compoundeyes
30 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Fury Cutter | Electroweb | Bug Bite | Gastro Acid
UT @ Lv. 24

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/602.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Naughty | Levitate
30 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Water 70}
Tackle | Thunder Wave | Spark | Charge Beam
UT @ Lv. 27

I haven't found any good mixed shiny HP Ice seeds for Tynamo yet, so HP Water will have to do for now.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/633.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest / Timid | Hustle
30 | 6 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Crunch | Slam | Dragon Pulse | Work Up
UT @ Lv. 38

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/633.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest / Timid | Hustle
31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 {Ground 70}
Crunch | Slam | Dragon Pulse | Work Up
UT @ Lv. 38

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/643.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
SPR2012 | 03102 | Quiet | Turboblaze
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
Blue Flare | Fusion Flare | Mist | Draco Meteor
UT @ Lv. 100

Haven't seen anyone do a Quiet TR one yet

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/644.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
SPR2012 | 03102 | Naughty | Teravolt
31 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Bolt Strike | Fusion Bolt | Haze | Draco Meteor
UT @ Lv. 100

Again, haven't seen anyone do one of these.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/644.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Bag_Great_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Teravolt
31 | 31 | 31 | 19 | 31 | 31
DragonBreath | Slash | Zen Headbutt | Fusion Bolt
UT @ Lv. 50

Dive ball version only has 1 SpA, rebattle codes used for the other two.

Kalosian
13th March 2012, 11:58 PM
Whomever decided the Metagross line should have a catch rate of three is a ****ing *******.
Agree to 100%. That is the main reason I prefer breeding when it comes to that line.

Haven't seen anyone do a Quiet TR one yet
TDawg did one as well, just a few posts above yours.

You are pretty awesome by the way, thirty different Pokes in just one day is just insane. I could never do that.

Typhlosion X
14th March 2012, 12:58 AM
Almost to Dialga in my new Diamond file, wondering what ball to use on it for a shiny, Dusk or Quick or Primer? I'm open to suggestions.

Anyway, Agonist, do you get together a ton of seeds and spreads you like and then when you've found a satisfactory amount, go nuts or what? That many RNGs in a day, heck, even in a week is too much for me.

kaorusquee
14th March 2012, 3:10 AM
Okay, I want to try RNG-ing wild pokemon in 5th gen. Do I do standard IVs on the main screen and the capture screen, or do I select PIDRNG for one of them?

Jr Breshears
14th March 2012, 3:57 AM
Dang lol I've done 10-15 in a day but never 30, awesome job ^_^

Typhlosion X
14th March 2012, 4:09 AM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/483.png
#483 Dialga http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/003.png
OT: Hikari / ID: 43763
Modest / Genderless / Pressure / Lvl 47 UT
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 /31
Metal Claw / AncientPower / Dragon Claw / Roar of Time
(Diamond RNG)

Just one of the things that got me to RNG my IDs. I love that Chatot flips can be used in 4th gen too, much easier to keep track of than journal pages, radio programs, and Elm calls, in my opinion.

kaorusquee
14th March 2012, 5:42 AM
Just RNGed my Mewtwo. Hasty, Alert to Sounds. 31/10/31/31/31/31.

TDawg
14th March 2012, 5:55 AM
Just RNGed my Mewtwo. Hasty, Alert to Sounds. 31/10/31/31/31/31.

Gotta ask. Why Hasty nature, when you didn't go for flawless?

kaorusquee
14th March 2012, 6:21 AM
Gotta ask. Why Hasty nature, when you didn't go for flawless?

It was the best one that came up. :(

TDawg
14th March 2012, 6:21 AM
Has anyone RNGed abuse natures on Entralink pokemon yet? I am pretty confused at Zari's Guide on Smogon.

drago0n
14th March 2012, 6:29 AM
TDawg the Entralink pokemon can't be RNGed...or rather RNGed to be Shiny. There is a shiny check for pokemon obtained in the Entralink from the global link.

TDawg
14th March 2012, 6:32 AM
TDawg the Entralink pokemon can't be RNGed...or rather RNGed to be Shiny. There is a shiny check for pokemon obtained in the Entralink from the global link.

That's not what I asked. I asked if anyone has RNG abused the nature which is fully possible on a retail cartridge. I have RNGed Entralink before, and I know there's a shiny check.

Jr Breshears
14th March 2012, 6:39 AM
I finally got around to do my zekrom. Nothing special just a adamant flawless one. :D

drago0n
14th March 2012, 6:39 AM
My bad. Yes you can RNG the nature it's quite annoying as you can't use synchroning and you have to use the C-Gear RNG method and there are quite a bit more variables as the pokemon move around which also advance the nature of the pokemon you encounter. RNGing for IV is slightly less hairpulling in the entralink. Doing nature not only means you've mastered your delay but also have better luck in movement as every second counts. The only one i've been able to do is get a nearly flawless timid dratini. But since it took nearly 2 hours for it....i think i'd rather just ditto abuse dratini eggs.

TDawg
14th March 2012, 6:45 AM
My bad. Yes you can RNG the nature it's quite annoying as you can't use synchroning and you have to use the C-Gear RNG method and there are quite a bit more variables as the pokemon move around which also advance the nature of the pokemon you encounter. RNGing for IV is slightly less hairpulling in the entralink. Doing nature not only means you've mastered your delay but also have better luck in movement as every second counts. The only one i've been able to do is get a nearly flawless timid dratini. But since it took nearly 2 hours for it....i think i'd rather just ditto abuse dratini eggs.

Ah I see. Well I was only wondering for the male event onlys. I rather breed other things as well.

EDIT: By the way I didn't mean to come off rude in my last post. I read over again and thought I kind of was. Sorry :p!

Anyways I got this RNG done. Didn't put up a fight or anything. Kind of sad really. On my Japanese Cart.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7678/ultrart4.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/637.gif★
#637 Volcarona - ウルガモス | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/bug.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif | ♂
Timid| Flame Body | Alert to sounds.
11/25/2012 | Relic Castle | Lvl. 70
IVs: 31/7/30/31/30/30 | Rock 70

FairyWitch
14th March 2012, 8:54 AM
well i figured out without the everstone now...I was doing everything right it just off by a frame :/ I just got this for some as a request...working on 4 more requests...diglett, dw wooper,ferroseed, and dw poliwag...

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/037.gif
female
modest nature
Lv. 1 egg
hp ground
Iv spread:31/31/31/30/30/31
dw drought

drago0n
14th March 2012, 3:46 PM
well i figured out without the everstone now...I was doing everything right it just off by a frame :/ I just got this for some as a request...working on 4 more requests...diglett, dw wooper,ferroseed, and dw poliwag...

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/037.gif
female
modest nature
Lv. 1 egg
hp ground
Iv spread:31/31/31/30/30/31
dw drought

Just did 5 today, 2 DW ones

Gligar Male Lvl 10 (DW)Impish Nature
31/31/31/26/31/31 Caught in Dreamball

Magikarp Male Lvl 10 (DW) Adamant Nature
31/31/31/13/31/31 Caught in Dreamball

Dark Pulse Hydregion lvl 1 Modest nature
31/22/31/31/31/31 Pokeball

Munna lvl 1 Sassy Nature(Trick Room user)
31/16/31/31/31/31 Pokeball

Larvesta lvl 1 Modest Nature Morning Sun egg move
31/10/31/31/30/31

For some reason kept missing my 31/29/31/31/31/31 seed....

jolteonjak
14th March 2012, 10:34 PM
Here are my latest RNG Breeds:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/619.png
Jason | 63302 | Rash | Regenerator
31 | 31 | 28 | 30 | 27 | 31 [Grass 67]
Force Palm | Drain Punch | U-Turn | Rock Slide
First attempt at a mixed Mienfoo. I'll level the parents up to both have Aura Sphere, because that's the only reason I went mixed.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/619.png
Jason | 63302 | Jolly | Regenerator
31 | 31 | 20 | 5 | 31 | 31 [Dragon 57]
Force Palm | Drain Punch | U-Turn | Rock Slide
Defense is a drag, but meh...I'm planning to EV this one up.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/495.png
Jason | 36158 | Jolly | Overgrow
31 | 31 | 31 | 29 | 31 | 31 [Dark 59]
Tackle | Glare | Return

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/622.png
Jason | 63302 | Adamant | Iron Fist
31 | 31 | 31 | 23 | 31 | 31 [Dark 70]
Pound | Astonish | Defense Curl | Rock Slide
Newly hatched. I wish it could have egg moves. LOL

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/597.png
Jason | 36158 | Brave | Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 30 | 28 | 31 | 0 [Fire 54]
Rollout | Gyro Ball | Leech Seed | Stealth Rock
Wow that Def 30 is a drag, especially since I got this after my 3rd try. I'm just finding this out now because when I checked its IV's I accepted the 30-31 range given to be 31. Needless to say the parents both had 31's. Going forward, I'll have to RC my hatches up further than 50 to check IV's.

Next targets are Morning Sun Larvesta and Sturdy Tirtuoga w/ Ice Beam (I wish Avalanche was still a TM!).

Agonist
14th March 2012, 11:37 PM
Gotta ask, why didn't you bother going flawless on your breeds?

Zevn
15th March 2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gif
#384 Rayquaza|Jolly|Air Lock|30|31|30|26|30|31|
|Outrage|Dragon Dance|ExtremeSpeed|Earthquake|
|Caught at Embedded Tower|Alert to Sounds|

It's not perfect, but... I didn't do the TID/SID manipulation, and I don't want to completely waste the play-through.

I wish I had learned how necessary it was to do before I was this far in, but what can you do. At least I got more experience with hitting my delays.

Edit:

So I'm next to Lugia... and my Elm call says "..out of area.."

What do I do?

The frame is low. So if trying to call still advances the frame by one... I could make shots in the dark. Does it?

cannibaleyes
15th March 2012, 1:52 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gif
#384 Rayquaza|Jolly|Air Lock|30|31|30|26|30|31|
|Outrage|Dragon Dance|ExtremeSpeed|Earthquake|
|Caught at Embedded Tower|Alert to Sounds|

It's not perfect, but... I didn't do the TID/SID manipulation, and I don't want to completely waste the play-through.

I wish I had learned how necessary it was to do before I was this far in, but what can you do. At least I got more experience with hitting my delays.

Edit:
So I'm next to Lugia... and my Elm call says "..out of area.."

What do I do?

The frame is low. So if trying to call still advances the frame by one... I could make shots in the dark. Does it?

lol, that's actually better than the Jolly spread I abused an ID for. xD

For Lugia, you have to save right outside the inner cave leading to Lugia and call Elm from there. I suppose you could use Chatots instead, but I've personally never tried it that way.

PokemonTrader
15th March 2012, 2:09 AM
I used Chatots on Articuno and it worked fine.

Zevn
15th March 2012, 2:12 AM
lol, that's actually better than the Jolly spread I abused an ID for. xD

For Lugia, you have to save right outside the inner cave leading to Lugia and call Elm from there. I suppose you could use Chatots instead, but I've personally never tried it that way.

Hmmm, but doesn't walking advance the frame by 1 per step for everything you have in your party?

I do not have chatots on Soul Silver.

PokemonTrader
15th March 2012, 2:15 AM
You can catch them with Sinnoh Sound. Sprout Tower, Bell Tower, and Burned Tower

Zevn
15th March 2012, 2:30 AM
Thanks, that is very helpful.

I'll be trying my hand with Palkia -> Latios next. ^_^

Typhlosion X
15th March 2012, 3:13 AM
http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/482.png
#482 Azelf http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/015.png
Timid / Genderless / Levitate / Lvl 50 UT
Confusion / Uproar / Future Sight / Nasty Plot
(Diamond RNG)

This thing was a nightmare. I lost count of how many times I initially tried to hit the delay. Eventually hit it and realized I didn't have all 8 gym badges and my catcher Smeargle wouldn't obey and I had to quit and beat Volkner, then had to hit the delay 3 more times due to running out of Quick Balls.

Fun facts: 1 HP Asleep lvl 50 Azelf chance of capture with Ultra Ball = 4%
1 HP Asleep lvl 50 Azelf chance of capture with Quick Ball after turn 1 = 9%

Zevn
15th March 2012, 3:20 AM
Palkia or Dialga?

dewey911p
15th March 2012, 3:54 AM
Palkia or Dialga?

if you plan to restart and RNG your ID/SID why not do one now and the other later :p

On point though, i would go with Dialga as he seems to be the better battler, but thats just because im training a Palkia atm and im a little disheartened by it

EDIT: Missed this :p

Timid / Genderless / Pressure / Lvl 50 UT
(Diamond RNG)

This thing was a nightmare. I lost count of how many times I initially tried to hit the delay. Eventually hit it and realized I didn't have all 8 gym badges and my catcher Smeargle wouldn't obey and I had to quit and beat Volkner, then had to hit the delay 3 more times due to running out of Quick Balls.

nice RNG. Are the Gen 4 roamers easier then the gen 5 ones? either way, shiny Azelf looks cool IMO and the quick ball matches nicely (works well in that situation too)

TDawg
15th March 2012, 5:14 AM
Timid / Genderless / Pressure / Lvl 50 UT
(Diamond RNG)

Good job. Your fun fact is flawed though :p. You can't put a pokemon to sleep and false swipe in one turn.

dewey911p
15th March 2012, 5:16 AM
Good job. Your fun fact is flawed though :p. You can't put a pokemon to sleep and false swipe in one turn.

true, but you could false swipe, sleep, then run away and re-encounter so the ball works at the optimal level (kinda disappointing that 9% is optimal though)

at least thats the best i could come up with because i was wondering the same thing lol

TDawg
15th March 2012, 5:18 AM
true, but you could false swipe, sleep, then run away and re-encounter so the ball works at the optimal level (kinda disappointing that 9% is optimal though)

at least thats the best i could come up with because i was wondering the same thing lol

Azelf is a Stationary Legendary, not a roamer.

Regiultima
15th March 2012, 5:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone could come to the RNG Club's Xat and help me out with my Wondercard RNGing. The most recent thing I did was use the Time Finder and find the necessary seeds. This is my first RNG, any and all help will be appreciated very much.

dewey911p
15th March 2012, 5:22 AM
Azelf is a Stationary Legendary, not a roamer.

*facepalm* would anyone believe me if i said it was my first day? lol

Typhlosion X
15th March 2012, 5:31 AM
No, my fact isn't flawed, I said after turn 1, to account for the lost turns, Quick Ball at full hp is 3 or 4% chance success on first turn. Gen IV roamers are incredibly easy, no weather, no WNPCs, none of that. Though I can't really make the comparison to Gen V, never tried it. The hardest part is hitting the delay, and even after a while, that gets easy too. The seeds I RNGed my IDs to be shiny all use the same one so it's no trouble now.

Anyway, I have the Lake trio done now, my shiny flawless Mesprit is roaming, and I caught this.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/480.png
#480 Uxie http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
Swift / Yawn / Future Sight / Amnesia
(Diamond RNG)

Jr Breshears
15th March 2012, 5:32 AM
Very nice Azelf! :D but I think great ball matches better IMO.

TDawg
15th March 2012, 5:38 AM
No, my fact isn't flawed, I said after turn 1, to account for the lost turns, Quick Ball at full hp is 3 or 4% chance success on first turn. Gen IV roamers are incredibly easy, no weather, no WNPCs, none of that. Though I can't really make the comparison to Gen V, never tried it. The hardest part is hitting the delay, and even after a while, that gets easy too. The seeds I RNGed my IDs to be shiny all use the same one so it's no trouble now.

Anyway, I have the Lake trio done now, my shiny flawless Mesprit is roaming, and I caught this.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/480.png
#480 Uxie http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
Swift / Yawn / Future Sight / Amnesia
(Diamond RNG)

Again, good job.

5th Gen there are no WNPCs just weather. It's just as easy as 4th gen though. The PID advancements from the rain or snow is what messes everyone up.

Zevn
15th March 2012, 8:10 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/249.gif
#249 Lugia|Timid|Pressure|30|10|30|27|30|31|
|Aeroblast|Extrasensory|Rain Dance|Hydro Pump|
|Caught at Whirl Islands|Capable of taking hits|

*sigh* not perfect

I'm not going to be doing Latios and Dialga shiny this round, I'd like their relevant stats flawless.

edit:

So I need someone I can trust not to clone any of my pokemon to help me x-fer this save file's catch to gen 5. I will try to make it worth your while, if it's something you'd be willing to help with we can iron out details in VM. It's quite important to me that they not be cloned.

TDawg
15th March 2012, 8:50 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/249.gif
#249 Lugia|Timid|Pressure|30|10|30|27|30|31|
|Aeroblast|Extrasensory|Rain Dance|Hydro Pump|
|Caught at Whirl Islands|Capable of taking hits|

*sigh* not perfect

I'm not going to be doing Latios and Dialga shiny this round, I'd like their relevant stats flawless.

edit:

So I need someone I can trust not to clone any of my pokemon to help me x-fer this save file's catch to gen 5. I will try to make it worth your while, if it's something you'd be willing to help with we can iron out details in VM. It's quite important to me that they not be cloned.

You can always use Pokecheck.org. They do it and when they transfer Pokemon from 4th to 5th Gen, they don't add the horrible Premier Ribbon. That's my method.

Anyways this shiny frame was on 105 with a starting frame of 51! Now that's crazy. lol and no ID/SID abuse. I was totally uncreative with my ball choice, but couldn't think of another.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2629/divern3.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/646.gif★
#646 Kyurem - キュレム | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ice.gif | ♂
Timid | Pressure | Capable of taking hits.
12/09/2012 | Giant Chasm | Lvl. 75
31/10/31/30/31/30 | Fire 70

Zevn
15th March 2012, 8:57 AM
Oh, thanks. I'll look into that a bit more.

Questions about RNGing the SS/HG roamers.

- Does the walk forward to Lance advance the frame? If so, how is this frame advancement calculated?
- Is shininess and IVs dictated at the release of the roamer?
- Along with the above question, is nature also dictated? I have a Timid synch, I'm just curious.

I'm happy about your Kyurem for you. But I'm so disappointed in the other gen 5 legends, *sigh* A lot of the non legends make up for them though.

TDawg
15th March 2012, 9:00 AM
Oh, thanks. I'll look into that a bit more.

Questions about RNGing the SS/HG roamers.

- Does the walk forward to Lance advance the frame? If so, how is this frame advancement calculated?
- Is shininess and IVs dictated at the release of the roamer?
- Along with the above question, is nature also dictated? I have a Timid synch, I'm just curious.

I'm happy about your Kyurem for you. But I'm so disappointed in the other gen 5 legends, *sigh* A lot of the non legends make up for them though.

1. No, but you should be advancing the frame 1 before your target frame.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, a synch will not help you.

Thanks!

Exploits
15th March 2012, 9:08 AM
Groudon (http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png)
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/383.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.png
OT: Henry - ID: 35907/32078
Nature: Impish/Adamant - Ability: Drought
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

Rayquaza (http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png)
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gifhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
OT: Henry - ID: 32078
Nature: Adamant - Ability: Air Lock

Lugia (http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png)
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/249.gifhttp://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/496.png
OT: Henry - ID: 35907
Nature: Impish - Ability: Pressure

Doing Jolly tomorrow for Groudon/Rayquaza.

Vandslaux
15th March 2012, 2:31 PM
I finally did it. I FINALLY DID IT. Had to hit my delay twice, because I killed it the first time with a crit Return.
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/timerball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/485.png
#485 Heatran | OT: Austin | ID: 18159 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Flash Fire
Known moves: Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, Sleep Talk, Dragon Pulse | Stark Mountain | Type: Fire / Steel
IVs: 30/10/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

Any other suggestions for moves? Stealth Rock was obligatory, but rest were thrown on. Do Chatots advance the RNG in 4th gen? Journal flips are SO annoying.

I've hit my delay for Zapdos like 4 times now, but I keep screwing up my advances.

PokemonTrader
15th March 2012, 5:24 PM
I can say for a fact they do work on HG/SS. Beyond that... I'm clueless. OmegaDonut replied to a question about RNGing in Diamond saying get a Chatot so I'm gonna go with yes.

Agonist
15th March 2012, 5:45 PM
You can always use Pokecheck.org. They do it and when they transfer Pokemon from 4th to 5th Gen, they don't add the horrible Premier Ribbon. That's my method.

Anyways this shiny frame was on 105 with a starting frame of 51! Now that's crazy. lol and no ID/SID abuse. I was totally uncreative with my ball choice, but couldn't think of another.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2629/divern3.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/646.gif★
#646 Kyurem - キュレム | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ice.gif | ♂
Timid | Pressure | Capable of taking hits.
12/09/2012 | Giant Chasm | Lvl. 75
31/10/31/30/31/30 | Fire 70

Pfft, I have one that requires 1 Chatot flip :p

Also, interesting that yours is male lol.

I finally did it. I FINALLY DID IT. Had to hit my delay twice, because I killed it the first time with a crit Return.
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/timerball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/485.png
#485 Heatran | OT: Austin | ID: 18159 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Flash Fire
Known moves: Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, Sleep Talk, Dragon Pulse | Stark Mountain | Type: Fire / Steel
IVs: 30/10/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

Any other suggestions for moves? Stealth Rock was obligatory, but rest were thrown on. Do Chatots advance the RNG in 4th gen? Journal flips are SO annoying.

I've hit my delay for Zapdos like 4 times now, but I keep screwing up my advances.

Congrats! I really need to stop being lazy, and learn G4 rng. Uh, I'd tutor it Earth Power over Dark Pulse, since Dark Pulse is worthless on Heatran. And yes, Chatot works in G4

Shockking
15th March 2012, 6:21 PM
Stupidly enough, on Tuesday I decided I wanted to try to egg RNG again and easily got it. I'm starting to get the hang of it after a shiny Slowpoke, shiny Ferroseed w/ Leech Seed and a shiny Gastly. I don't really know what I'm going to do next, maybe a Dragon type.
Hereeesss the thing: I realllllyyyyy want a Latios shiny or not, Timid nature and near perfect IVs to use in my team but I have no idea how to RNG in fourth gen and I don't think I'm ready to learn -.- Oh yeah, and its a roamer........ D:

So I'm quite happy, but also a bit frustrated. :)

PokemonTrader
15th March 2012, 6:57 PM
It's not really that different to RNG in Gen IV, you just need a more precise timer really. All the fundamentals are essentially the same. It should be easier to do a roamer in Gen IV because you don't have the trolling rain.

TDawg
15th March 2012, 7:13 PM
Pfft, I have one that requires 1 Chatot flip :p

Also, interesting that yours is male lol.

Congrats! I really need to stop being lazy, and learn G4 rng. Uh, I'd tutor it Earth Power over Dark Pulse, since Dark Pulse is worthless on Heatran. And yes, Chatot works in G4

Lol you would be the one to 1-Up me:P

Yeah my is the last gendered Kyurem out there. :] But really it is.

Zevn
15th March 2012, 8:09 PM
Raiku/Entei were killed while I did the stationary pokemon, does them being released at the same time as Latios have an effect on it?

PokemonTrader
15th March 2012, 8:46 PM
I do believe it just assigns all their stats to the same seed.

Vandslaux
15th March 2012, 11:45 PM
Is this the basis of shiny DPP egg RNG?

1. Hit your delay, mash your coin flips/taps, press X to compensate for opening the menu for Chatot flips
2. See what you hit
3. Adjust accordingly

I should probably RNG a flawless Ditto, though.

And Heatran learns Earth Power via level up anyway. Iron Defense, maybe? Though that sucks too, lol. It's still on Platinum.

The Eleventh
16th March 2012, 1:11 AM
For DPPt egg RNGing, you have to accept the egg as quickly as possible, then do coin flips to ensure you hit your seed. Hatch the egg and see what frame you landed on. You'll have to do this a few times, due to the NPCs on the route. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, then I'd recommend RNGing eggs on either of those instead. It's far easier, as you can simply verify which frame you're on (Elm calls), and since there's only one NPC, your frame is never advanced involuntarily (it's never happened to me, at least).

TDawg
16th March 2012, 1:18 AM
Raiku/Entei were killed while I did the stationary pokemon, does them being released at the same time as Latios have an effect on it?

All on the same seed
1st roamer: frame 1 (Raikou)
2nd roamer: frame 6 (Entei)
3rd roamer: frame 11 (Latios)

Here's a good guide for them. Guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3526679&postcount=2)

Zevn
16th March 2012, 1:27 AM
All on the same seed
1st roamer: frame 1 (Raikou)
2nd roamer: frame 6 (Entei)
3rd roamer: frame 11 (Latios)

Here's a good guide for them. Guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3526679&postcount=2)

Well what I did did not work.

Chatots did not seem to advance the frame at all, I received the Latios from frame one, rather than frame fourteen.

Oddly, the Chatots worked for frame advancement on Lugia. (another area where Elm is out of range)

Edit:

I am wrong, there was a sassy Latios at 22 and 23... meaning my Latios' starting frame could be 9 or 10.

T_T

TDawg
16th March 2012, 2:07 AM
Well what I did did not work.

Chatots did not seem to advance the frame at all, I received the Latios from frame one, rather than frame fourteen.

Oddly, the Chatots worked for frame advancement on Lugia. (another area where Elm is out of range)

Edit:

I am wrong, there was a sassy Latios at 22 and 23... meaning my Latios' starting frame could be 9 or 10.

T_T

Well your starting frame is most likely not 9 or 10. It should be 1. You might have not even hit your seed. Since you can't tell in the Champion's Room, you need to confirm your seed with the 2 other roaming Pokemon. Otherwise you will never know if you hit the right seed.

TDawg
16th March 2012, 3:26 AM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8526/greatpa2.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_3e_130.gif;384;
#130 Gyarados | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | Female | Non-Redis
Jolly | Intimidate
Sootopolis City | Lvl. 20
30/31/30/29/29/30 | Electric 39
Double Edge (Pending) | Bounce (Pending) | Body Slam (Pending)

Finally got this guy. Decided against Dive Ball because others have already done it. Any other tutor moves I should be considering?

Agonist
16th March 2012, 3:36 AM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8526/greatpa2.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_3e_130.gif;384;
#130 Gyarados | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | Female | Non-Redis
Jolly | Intimidate
Sootopolis City | Lvl. 20
30/31/30/29/29/30 | Electric 39
Double Edge (Pending) | Bounce (Pending) | Body Slam (Pending)

Finally got this guy. Decided against Dive Ball because others have already done it. Any other tutor moves I should be considering?

great job! and great ball matches just as well imo

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 4:11 AM
For DPPt egg RNGing, you have to accept the egg as quickly as possible, then do coin flips to ensure you hit your seed. Hatch the egg and see what frame you landed on. You'll have to do this a few times, due to the NPCs on the route. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, then I'd recommend RNGing eggs on either of those instead. It's far easier, as you can simply verify which frame you're on (Elm calls), and since there's only one NPC, your frame is never advanced involuntarily (it's never happened to me, at least).

Yeah, well.. the NPCs will advance the IV frame while I'm coin flipping to advance for shininiess. Will I have to mash the coin flips to get consistent results?

Edit:

About time I got this guy. Haven't caught it yet, though. Catching it is proving to be a *****. I verified this because Articuno was 5 frames ahead of my target frame, as I saved after I released them, but before I caught Articuno.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/quickball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/145.png
#145 Zapdos | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure
Known moves: Heat Wave, Discharge, Agility, Roost | -uncaught- | Type: Electric / Flying
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Ice 70

Also, just saying, 9.95's out.

Also, what encounter slot is the Trophy Garden pokemon?

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 4:48 AM
So im just kinda feeling around a bit and i want to see if i have the right idea about gen 4 RNGing. I used Time Finder (Method K, Stationary Pokemon) and i search for an HP Grass IV spread. I find a seed i like that has an IV spread of 31/26/31/30/31/31 (delay of 600 btw) and so the next thing i did is open Pandora's Box. I put in the seed up top that i got from time finder and then i put the PID into Pandora's Box and hit generate (again, a delay of 600) Now Pandora's Box has given me about 2000 ID/SID combos to chose from. So if i just pick any one of those it should make my 31/26/31/30/31/31 frame shiny right? From there i just hit my delay and advance the RNG (haven't gotten far enough to figure out how to do this yet, but i want to see if im generally on the right track). Also, when i put the seed into the main window, select Method K, Stationary pokemon, and hit generate, frame 66 doesn't have the right IVs, is that normal or should i choose a different seed/PID Frame?

About my PID frame, it says the required lead is a syncronizer, so i assume this means that my frame is syncable right? And is 66 to low? Since the PID and IVs are tied together i assume i don't need to walk around so i can just chatot flip away, 66 should be good right?

Last question (for now anyway :p) it says Hour (1) does that mean anything important, such as, is hour 2 better than 1 or something to that effect?

TDawg
16th March 2012, 4:57 AM
So im just kinda feeling around a bit and i want to see if i have the right idea about gen 4 RNGing. I used Time Finder (Method K, Stationary Pokemon) and i search for an HP Grass IV spread. I find a seed i like taht has an IV spread of 31/26/31/30/31/31 (delay of 600 btw) and so the next thing i did is open Pandora's Box. I put in the seed up top that iu got from time finder and then i put the PID into Pandora's Box and hit generate (again, a delay of 600) Now Pandora's Box has given me about 2000 ID/SID combos to chose from. So if i just pick any one of those it should make my 31/26/31/30/31/31 frame shiny right? From there i just hit my delay and advance the RNG (haven't gotten far enough to figure out how to do this yet, but i want to see if im generally on the right track). Also, when i put the seed into the main window, select Method K, Stationary pokemon, and hit generate, frame 66 doesn't have the right IVs, is that normal or should i choose a different seed/PID Frame?

About my PID frame, it says the required lead is a syncronizer, so i assume this means that my frame is syncable right? And is 66 to low? Since the PID and IVs are tied together i assume i don't need to walk around so i can just chatot flip away, 66 should be good right?

Last question (for now anyway :p) it says Hour (1) does that mean anything important, such as, is hour 2 better than 1 or something to that effect?

Alright so when looking for a ID/SID you should find a seed with a delay of 5000-7500. Correct it will make your seed shiny. When RNG your ID/SID there is no advancement, but otherwise yes. Chatot, Elm calls, Irwin calls, Joey calls, radio stations, and walking in wild areas advance the PID. You can see how they do on the Smogon forums page. It's not normal for a seed to show the wrong stats. Make sure everything you enter was correct.

No. Having a synch changes a seed drastically sometimes. I will provide evidence if need.

Considering your frame starts at 1 that's a bit high. But yes you're good to go.

Ignore the hours. I always do.

Zevn
16th March 2012, 4:58 AM
So my roamer was Sassy again.

The guide that T-dawg linked to me said that Latios has a varying frame that you need to calibrate.

My target frame is 14. I flipped chatot 13 times, and hit a Sassy Latios. There is a Sassy frame 13 flips from frame 9. Is this coincidence?

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 5:01 AM
Is shiny flawless eggs basically impossible in DPt? I don't see a way to accurately control both, with all the NPCs. I can only find YT videos on one or the other.

TDawg
16th March 2012, 5:09 AM
So my roamer was Sassy again.

The guide that T-dawg linked to me said that Latios has a varying frame that you need to calibrate.

My target frame is 14. I flipped chatot 13 times, and hit a Sassy Latios. There is a Sassy frame 13 flips from frame 9. Is this coincidence?

Are the IVs matching up?

Zevn
16th March 2012, 5:15 AM
Are the IVs matching up?

RNGreporter says they're inconclusive, and if I pokecheck I'm forced to keep the Latios until the next save file.

TDawg
16th March 2012, 5:25 AM
RNGreporter says they're inconclusive, and if I pokecheck I'm forced to keep the Latios until the next save file.

What do you mean RNG says they're inconclusive? Can't you make a good enough judgement for the level Latios is at and looking at the main windows IVs for that Sassy frame?

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 5:26 AM
Alright so when looking for a ID/SID you should find a seed with a delay of 5000-7500. Correct it will make your seed shiny. When RNG your ID/SID there is no advancement, but otherwise yes. Chatot, Elm calls, Irwin calls, Joey calls, radio stations, and walking in wild areas advance the PID. You can see how they do on the Smogon forums page. It's not normal for a seed to show the wrong stats. Make sure everything you enter was correct.

No. Having a synch changes a seed drastically sometimes. I will provide evidence if need.

Considering your frame starts at 1 that's a bit high. But yes you're good to go.

Ignore the hours. I always do.

Thanks! I entered the ID/SID i want into RNG reporter and it made my PID frame shiny, and i found the IVs i want on frame 115 (although time finder said the same IVs should have been on 66 too, but im okay with 115.) Unfortunately the nature is Rash. Do i need to search for a Timid like i want since Synchronize changes the seed, but not the nature?

TDawg
16th March 2012, 5:30 AM
Thanks! I entered the ID/SID i want into RNG reporter and it made my PID frame shiny, and i found the IVs i want on frame 115 (although time finder said the same IVs should have been on 66 too, but im okay with 115.) Unfortunately the nature is Rash. Do i need to search for a Timid like i want since Synchronize changes the seed, but not the nature?

Yeah look for a timid seed.

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 5:37 AM
Apparently, I should stop the trainers on the route above Solaceon via Vs. Seeker (I'm pretty sure all the NPCs are trainers), do my coin flips + Happiness taps, see what I hit, adjust accordingly, adding in Chatters this time based on my SSF, as evidenced in bearsfans's video? I just remembered that only NPCs in the current zone affect the RNG.
Also, Ditto's nature doesn't matter in 4th gen, right?

Regiultima
16th March 2012, 5:52 AM
I need a bit of help hitting my seed. I searched and obtained the necessary seeds for all my Wondercard RNGs using the Time Finder. Now I just need to know what to do next and how to finish my RNGs. A post explaining what to do would be fine, but I would prefer if someone could help me out by coming to the RNG club Xat (http://xat.com/TheRNGBrotherhood) I would greatly appreciate it (I would post on the RNG Club thread, but I don't want to double post and this thread is much more popular).

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 6:14 AM
Now, I go back about 100 pages, and go "What the h*ll was I asking".

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 6:16 AM
I need a bit of help hitting my seed. I searched and obtained the necessary seeds for all my Wondercard RNGs using the Time Finder. Now I just need to know what to do next and how to finish my RNGs. A post explaining what to do would be fine, but I would prefer if someone could help me out by coming to the RNG club Xat (http://xat.com/TheRNGBrotherhood) I would greatly appreciate it (I would post on the RNG Club thread, but I don't want to double post and this thread is much more popular).

for wondercards all you have to do is hit your seed and do the right number of chatot flips, if you miss your frame, adjust and try again

Regiultima
16th March 2012, 6:31 AM
for wondercards all you have to do is hit your seed and do the right number of chatot flips, if you miss your frame, adjust and try again

I did get keypresses with my found seeds. What are they and what should I do with them?

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 6:51 AM
I just hit my delay. What's the monster frame for Cresselia? My target frame is 14.

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 6:52 AM
I did get keypresses with my found seeds. What are they and what should I do with them?

as soon as you hit A to load your game from the main screen, you need to hold down whatever key RNG Reporter told you to hold. Hold down the key(s) until the white nintendo splash screen pops up and then proceed to chatot flip (remember to keep your C-Gear off)

DragonKnighted
16th March 2012, 7:27 AM
Can someone clear some things up for me? I'm going for a shiny semi flawless egg. I'm wondering what frame i need to start on, and how to know how many advances i need to do to reach my PIDRNG frame
EDIT: Okay, so I know I need a seed that starts on frame 8 to get the right IVs, so do i put 8 at the top where it says min/max advances?

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 7:41 AM
I did 9 advances, and Cresselia matched frame 19. Why? Her monster frame is 5, and my target frame is 14.

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 7:45 AM
Can someone clear some things up for me? I'm going for a shiny semi flawless egg. I'm wondering what frame i need to start on, and how to know how many advances i need to do to reach my PIDRNG frame
EDIT: Okay, so I know I need a seed that starts on frame 8 to get the right IVs, so do i put 8 at the top where it says min/max advances?

No, 8 is the IV frame and you dont need to worry about that as RNG reporter will take care of that part for you. Under Min/Max advances just put how ever many chatot flips you feel like doing. I use 2/150 because i dont really feel like doing more than 150 flips. To find your target frame just run timer finder. whatever frame time finder gives you is your target frame. to find your starting frame copy your seed into the main window of RNG reporter and select gen 5 breeding (Internationale option if you are using different language parents). From there click the box that says "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. thats your starting frame. subtract your target frame from your starting frame and that is the number of chatot flips you need to do. From there you just have to hit your seed, do the right number of flips, and then adjust if you miss your PID frame

Exploits
16th March 2012, 8:36 AM
I did 9 advances, and Cresselia matched frame 19. Why? Her monster frame is 5, and my target frame is 14.

Weird. Have you tried 4 advances?

Sobe0047
16th March 2012, 10:41 AM
Ugh...
C-Gear RNG Abuse is killing me. T_T (DSi :()
Do I give up or does anyone have any tips?

dewey911p
16th March 2012, 11:29 AM
holy hell this is a pain in the ***! I've been trying to RNG my ID/SID fro ~4 hours now and im not any closer now then i was before :/ I have no clue what im doing, the guide im using is referencing RNG reporter 7.4, pandora's box keeps giving me both odd and even delays (without my emerald inserted and even with my emerald inserted), sometimes it gives me more than one result and i have to guess which delay i hit, i cant even hit the same delay twice, and this is taking for ever. this is a horrible start and thus far i hate gen 4 RNGing. i hope it gets easier but right now this feels impossible :/

Zevn
16th March 2012, 11:35 AM
I wish I could help with the phase you're doing dewey, but I did it the other way around and am not yet to that part.

s:

Typhlosion X
16th March 2012, 1:26 PM
holy hell this is a pain in the ***! I've been trying to RNG my ID/SID fro ~4 hours now and im not any closer now then i was before :/ I have no clue what im doing, the guide im using is referencing RNG reporter 7.4, pandora's box keeps giving me both odd and even delays (without my emerald inserted and even with my emerald inserted), sometimes it gives me more than one result and i have to guess which delay i hit, i cant even hit the same delay twice, and this is taking for ever. this is a horrible start and thus far i hate gen 4 RNGing. i hope it gets easier but right now this feels impossible :/

Don't give up, and don't worry, RNGing my IDs was hard for me too. But if you hit a delay within 10-12 of your target, try to avoid adjusting EonTimer. I tried using my FireRed to force one type of delay when I did it but I didn't notice any differences until I actually started trying captures, but even then it wasn't very helpful. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually. Delays are kind of hard to hit consistently when you first start, but later on it gets easy once you figure out the best calibrated delay for your target.

AquaRegisteel
16th March 2012, 1:31 PM
Ugh...
C-Gear RNG Abuse is killing me. T_T (DSi :()
Do I give up or does anyone have any tips?

You do realise that you can do Standard Non-C-Gear Abuse on the DSi now, right?

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 5:11 PM
OK, so two questions.

1. Does talking to Cresselia advance the RNG by 5?
2. How do you get Dialga/Palkia to appear at Spear Pillar? I've caught Heatran and went to the shrine in Celestic Town and went through the cutscene with Cynthia. IDK what to do, I have a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread ready. I have also picked up the orbs.

The Eleventh
16th March 2012, 6:21 PM
1. Does talking to Cresselia advance the RNG by 5?
Since your target frame is 14, then, yes, you'll only need to advance the frame by 9. Remember that Cresselia is a Method 1 legendary.

2. How do you get Dialga/Palkia to appear at Spear Pillar? I've caught Heatran and went to the shrine in Celestic Town and went through the cutscene with Cynthia. IDK what to do, I have a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread ready. I have also picked up the orbs.
If you've got the orbs and talked to Cynthia's grandmother, then you should be able to get them to appear at the Spear Pillar.

Also, regarding your previous question about RNGing egg shininess in DPPt:

It's very possible. You don't need to worry about NPCs when RNGing egg PID in DPPt; only coin flips will advance the PIDRNG frame. I'm assuming you know the basic process (catch high-leveled Pokémon to find your initial seed, etc.).

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 6:23 PM
I advanced 9, and I got frame 19.

And I meant how do I hatch flawless shinies?

The Eleventh
16th March 2012, 7:29 PM
I advanced 9, and I got frame 19.
Try using a different seed, then. Are you sure you're selecting Method 1 in both the Time Finder and the main window?

And I meant how do I hatch flawless shinies?
Firstly, you need to RNG the egg's PID (described in detail here (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1)). Once an egg has been generated, save in front of the daycare man. Hatch the egg to be sure it's what you want (shininess, gender, ability and nature), then turn off your game. Now you can begin to IV abuse.

http://i.imgur.com/xMUwP.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/BrCE1.gif
ノブナガ | 03172 | --
Jolly | Air Lock | Dragon/Flying | Wi-Fi Event
Dragon Pulse | AncientPower | Outrage | Dragon Dance
31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | 31 | 31

This took about five minutes. Gen V abuse is hilarious. At least there won't be as many of these posted here, unlike the Reshiram and Zekrom events. That reminds me, I haven't bothered to RNG Reshiram yet. D:

TDawg
16th March 2012, 8:12 PM
Try using a different seed, then. Are you sure you're selecting Method 1 in both the Time Finder and the main window?

Firstly, you need to RNG the egg's PID (described in detail here (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1)). Once an egg has been generated, save in front of the daycare man. Hatch the egg to be sure it's what you want (shininess, gender, ability and nature), then turn off your game. Now you can begin to IV abuse.

ノブナガ | 03172 | --

This took about five minutes. Gen V abuse is hilarious. At least there won't be as many of these posted here, unlike the Reshiram and Zekrom events. That reminds me, I haven't bothered to RNG Reshiram yet. D:

Good job. I will get my Rayquaza soon.

EmiiLava
16th March 2012, 8:29 PM
OMG OMG OMG I HIT MY FIRST WONDERCARD RNG!!!!! NO KEYPRESSES, FRAME 62 TARGET, STARTING FRAME OF 55, AND 7 CHATOT CHATTERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ノブナガ | 03172 | --
Lonely | Air Lock | Dragon/Flying | Wi-Fi Event
31 | 31 | 31 | 26 | 31 | 31 / HP Electric 70

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jr Breshears
16th March 2012, 9:17 PM
Congrats :D

Man I thought that shiny rayquaza event was the one with V-create and I was looking forward to it :p

Zevn
16th March 2012, 9:33 PM
What does it mean when the guide says:

"starts on frame"
Raikou 1
Entei 6
Latios 9, 10, or 11

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 10:16 PM
So basically, I'd abuse like you do in HGSS, where you RNG the IVs (or other way around, w/e) and you advance the RNG by accepting eggs, apparently? I can't find my SS.

This one didn't take very long. I'm really getting the hang of this.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/greatball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/483.png
#483 Dialga | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Modest | Ability: Pressure
Known moves: Stealth Rock, Dragon Pulse, Roar of Time, Earth Power | Spear Pillar | Type: Steel / Dragon
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70

MSK
16th March 2012, 10:21 PM
ノブナガ | 03172 | --

Quick question before I RNG mine, I'm sure someone said with Shiny Wondercards on Jap version that the IV / Nature combo you generate won't be correct as the Nature will be the one 2 frames later? (I'm running RNGReporter 9.81 by the way - it works for me and I can't be bothered to upgrade til I've done all I need to at present)
Can someone confirm? I'll try in a bit anyway but just to save me hassle as I'll have to look for a IV set with Jolly/Adamant 2 natures later otherwise!! lol

The Eleventh
16th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Quick question before I RNG mine, I'm sure someone said with Shiny Wondercards on Jap version that the IV / Nature combo you generate won't be correct as the Nature will be the one 2 frames later? (I'm running RNGReporter 9.81 by the way - it works for me and I can't be bothered to upgrade til I've done all I need to at present)
Can someone confirm? I'll try in a bit anyway but just to save me hassle as I'll have to look for a IV set with Jolly/Adamant 2 natures later otherwise!! lol
I just RNGed it as I would a normal Wonder Card. I didn't have to consider any of this.

Vandslaux
16th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Also, quick question: Do my IV delay and my PID delay have to be the same? Or will the PID one not matter, as long as I can find a seed on the delay I hit, checking it with a wild pokemon?

DragonKnighted
16th March 2012, 11:11 PM
to find my starting PIDRNG, I start the game on the correct time, hatch the egg and figure out its IVs, but where do i look in RNG Reporter to find where to search frames close to my calculated starting frame?

AquaRegisteel
16th March 2012, 11:27 PM
Right. For seeds in general, can you use them over and over again for different Pokemon? I have a good seed from when I tried RNGing my Mewtwo, so I plan to use it for Reshiram.

Kalosian
16th March 2012, 11:46 PM
Also, quick question: Do my IV delay and my PID delay have to be the same? Or will the PID one not matter, as long as I can find a seed on the delay I hit, checking it with a wild pokemon?
They don't have to be the same (in HG/SS at least, not sure about D/P/P but I don't think they need to be the same there either).

to find my starting PIDRNG, I start the game on the correct time, hatch the egg and figure out its IVs, but where do i look in RNG Reporter to find where to search frames close to my calculated starting frame?
Main Window, select Breeding (BW), paste your seed, press calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and then generate. The PID you hit should be about 3-8 above your starting frame, although it might vary.

Right. For seeds in general, can you use them over and over again for different Pokemon? I have a good seed from when I tried RNGing my Mewtwo, so I plan to use it for Reshiram.
Yep, Seeds can be used an infinite number of times.

I finally got around to try HG/SS breeding. These are my two first results:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/4.png
#004. Charmander (★)
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
Nature: Modest | Ability: Blaze | Type: Fire
Hidden Power: Grass [70] | Location hatched: Cinnabar Island
IVs: 31 HP | 2 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Scratch / Growl

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/123.png
#123. Scyther
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Technician | Type: Bug / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [70] | Location hatched: National Park
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 27 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Vacuum Wave / Quick Attack / Leer / False Swipe

As I said earlier, the Charmander was for a friend, but the Scyther is for my own personal use.
Have a couple of things I might try next, but I am also looking for suggestions on what to breed on 4th gen. Anything that has useful moves that are exclusive to 4th gen might do. I know Agonist posted a short list (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?534245-*Revamped-RNG-Discussion-Help-Thread&p=14013213#post14013213) earlier, but I am looking for more suggestions.

DragonKnighted
16th March 2012, 11:54 PM
Main Window, select Breeding (BW), paste your seed, press calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and then generate. The PID you hit should be about 3-8 above your starting frame, although it might vary.

Okay I've done that, but how do i figure out which frame I'm actually starting on?

Kalosian
17th March 2012, 12:02 AM
Okay I've done that, but how do i figure out which frame I'm actually starting on?
Hatch your egg and check its Nature/Ability/IVs and compare it to what you got in the main window. If you don't get any results within the first 10 frames after your initial PID frame, it was most likely your Timer0 trolling you, so just try again.

Agonist
17th March 2012, 1:14 AM
Mamoswine - Superpower, Stealth Rock
Gliscor - Roost, Stealth Rock, Tailwind
Porygon-Z - Dark Pulse, Trick
Gallade - Elemental Punches, Trick, Magic Coat, Pain Split
Metagross - Stealth Rock, Elemental Punches, Trick
Salamence - Outrage, Roost, Tailwind, Aqua Tail, Heatwave, Dragon Pulse
Flygon - Outrage, Elemental Punches
Lucario - Ice Punch
Ludicolo - Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Seed Bomb

@Winter02

Adding on to this list

Gyarados - Sleep Talk, Bounce
Toxicroak - Ice Punch, Gunk Shot?
Hitmonlee - Sucker Punch, Knock Off
Hitmontop - Sucker Punch
Altaria - Roost, Heal Bell, Outrage
Crobat - Roost, Super Fang, Tailwind
Zapdos - Heat Wave, Roost
Togekiss - Roost, Heal Bell, Trick
Marowak / Rampardos - Fire Punch
Starmie - Gravity, Trick
Bronzor - Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Trick
Skarmory - Roost
Tyranitar - Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Stealth Rock
Garchomp - Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
Honchkrow - Heat Wave, Superpower
Gastrodon - Earth Power
Mudkip - Earth Power, Superpower, Ice Punch, Sleep Talk
Sneasel - Ice Punch, Low Kick
Steelix - Sleep Talk, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
Claydol - Pain Split, Sleep Talk, Earth Power, Trick

As per Zevn's suggestion;

Gallade / Lucario - Drain Punch

And I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there is a lot of stuff.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 1:20 AM
you should really put drain punch on that Gallade.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 1:31 AM
I confirmed that I hit my delay by coin flips, and my seed had 0 flips/taps, so I accepted the egg, hatched it, and it didn't come out shiny. It didn't even have the right nature or ability.

And add Bug Bite/Superpower Scizor to that list. And possibly Aqua Tail/Superpower/Head Smash Aggron.

Kalosian
17th March 2012, 1:33 AM
@Winter02

Adding on to this list

Gyarados - Sleep Talk, Bounce
Toxicroak - Ice Punch, Gunk Shot?
Hitmonlee - Sucker Punch, Knock Off
Hitmontop - Sucker Punch
Altaria - Roost, Heal Bell, Outrage
Crobat - Roost, Super Fang, Tailwind
Zapdos - Heat Wave, Roost
Togekiss - Roost, Heal Bell, Trick
Marowak / Rampardos - Fire Punch
Starmie - Gravity
Bronzor - Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Trick
Skarmory - Roost
Tyranitar - Fire Punch, Aqua Tail, Superpower, Stealth Rock
Garchomp - Stealth Rock, Aqua Tail
Honchkrow - Heat Wave, Superpower

As per Zevn's suggestion;

Gallade / Lucario - Drain Punch

And I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there is a lot of stuff.

Thanks for these suggestions, it gives me a bit more to choose from. I had completely forgotten about Marowak and Rampardos, might start with either of them.

And I'll probably do a Drain Punch Gallade as well.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 1:38 AM
Are the flips/taps listed the total I should do? Because if that's the case, I did 0 taps and 10 flips when I should've done none.

Agonist
17th March 2012, 1:45 AM
Added a few more pokes to that list, also yeah, Vandslaux's pokes as well, although you already did the Scyther I see. Give it Superpower, Roost, Bug Bite, and Tailwind or something.