PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 1:58 AM
Is using EonTimer to hit a delay for a shiny egg and nothing else basically unnecessary?

Also, I almost considered using Dive Ball on the Dialga in my sig. lol

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 2:50 AM
So, do I have this right?
1. Follow the guide SS linked me to for a shiny egg
2. reset
3. hit delay
4. find SSF
5. hit delay again
6. chatter to target frame (coin flips/happiness taps??)
7. hatch

Also, encounter slot for the daily Trophy Garden pokemon?

So, all in all, DP egg RNG works basically like HGSS RNG, just slightly harder due to the NPCs?

Zevn
17th March 2012, 5:07 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/381.gif
#381 Latios|Timid|Levitate|31|14|31|31|31|31|
|DragonBreath|Luster Purge|Protect|Refresh|
|Caught at Route 7|Mischievous|

Alrighty.

So now that I can do roamers and stationaries I think I'll transfer these then do the PID/SID manipulation so I can get this guy shiny.

^_^ Thanks again tdawg.

Who wants to point at a TID/SID manipulation resource?

TDawg
17th March 2012, 5:56 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/381.gif
|DragonBreath|Luster Purge|Protect|Refresh|
|Caught at Route 7|Mischievous|

Alrighty.

So now that I can do roamers and stationaries I think I'll transfer these then do the PID/SID manipulation so I can get this guy shiny.

^_^ Thanks again tdawg.

Who wants to point at a TID/SID manipulation resource?

Good job and you're welcome :]

Here's a ID/SID guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3923823&postcount=2). I like this one.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 6:05 AM
That jerk took ~200 Premier Balls to the face @1HP+Sleep, I'm going to bookmark that. First I'll be getting a Drain Punch Gallade for myself.

TDawg
17th March 2012, 6:30 AM
That jerk took ~200 Premier Balls to the face @1HP+Sleep, I'm going to bookmark that. First I'll be getting a Drain Punch Gallade for myself.

If you want Winter Zombies' whole RNG Guide heres the link http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456855

Also don't forget Shadow Sneak on Gallade!

Zevn
17th March 2012, 6:33 AM
If you want Winter Zombies' whole RNG Guide heres the link http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456855

Also don't forget Shadow Sneak on Gallade!

Oh don't worry. I have a completely perfect Gallade on my Black version (stopped playing @ emerald) then learned he could not get Drain Punch in gen 5.)

Onward to the trade forums! I still haven't come upon a Ralts swarm =p

But thank you, and for the link.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 6:43 AM
I've just hit my delay, and I haven't advanced yet for my flawless Ditto. He was the Trophy Garden pokemon the day before (now it's Eevee), so he's in encounter slot 7. I don't really get occidentary though. Should I just Chatter 173 times for my target frame of 177 (I have a roamer and Sweet Scent advances by 2)? Theoretically, that will get me to frame 175, then Sweet Scent will get me to 177. It doesn't help that all of my journal pages are filled with me SRing for the Trophy Garden poke.

Does DPt egg RNG follow the same basis as described in Winter Zombie's guide to HGSS egg RNG, just different actions and obviously you need to find your SSF via a control run?

EDIT: I got a Lax Kricketune on frame 175 when I did 173 advances. Why? I have a roamer roaming, it's monster frame is 2, and Sweet Scent advances by 2.

EDIT: I hate wild pokemon RNG now.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/masterball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/132.png
#132 Ditto | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Modest | Ability: Limber
Known moves: Transform | Trophy Garden | Type: Normal
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70

Zevn
17th March 2012, 8:36 AM
EDIT: I got a Lax Kricketune on frame 175 when I did 173 advances. Why? I have a roamer roaming, it's monster frame is 2, and Sweet Scent advances by 2.

EDIT: I hate wild pokemon RNG now.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/masterball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/132.png
#132 Ditto | OT: Austin | ID: 18459 | Nature: Modest | Ability: Limber
Known moves: Transform | Trophy Garden | Type: Normal
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70

Miscount, NPC, Accidental Radio advancement, accidental turn in wild grass...?

Eh I don't know. On this save file should I do bug bite/superpower/roost scyther or stealth rock/whirlwind/brave bird/roost skarmory?

Edit:
I know this isn't a trade thread, and forgive me in advance but I'm not getting any bites in the trade forums. If anyone has a ralts it would help me out a lot, and I will give you something nice on gen 5.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:45 AM
A. possibility
B. No NPCs in Trophy Garden
C. This is Pt, not HGSS
D. I never turned, in fact, the only time I was out of the menu was for coin flips.

But whatever, I got my flawless Ditto now.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this method (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part6) is more reliable than the other one. I can't find any desirable seeds no matter how many times I try.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 8:48 AM
Well, my mistake. I'm new to RNG, my knowledge is fairly limited. I can only do gen 5 and roaming/stationary in SS/HG.

>.>

Better every day though. I really like that you can immediately know if you've got it right with the SS/HG roamers by their Route locations.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:52 AM
So.. is the reason getting PID, then SRing for IVs works because PID is generated when the egg is generated, and IVs are generated when the egg is accepted? Also, where should I be saved? In front of the daycare man, after I get the shiny egg?

I'm trying to RNG a shiny Magikarp. It came out Adamant like expected, but it isn't shiny. Does that mean my SID is wrong?

EDIT: Fail.. I just used a SID AR code, and it's right, but my TID is wrong.. fail..

Zevn
17th March 2012, 9:23 AM
If it makes you feel better, I hit my delay and it was the shiny timid near flawless mewtwo I wanted... but I didn't bring my Togekiss(I had my Lati trapper with me instead) *face palm*

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 10:07 AM
Finally, RNGed a shiny egg. Now for the IVs.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/150.gif
#150 Mewtwo|Timid|Pressure|30|10|31|26|30|31|
|Psystrike|Calm Mind|Aura Sphere|Ice Beam|
|Met at Cerulean Cave|Capable of taking hits|

Latios soaked around 200 premiers, and this guy only took four.

Anyway, I'm hitting delays consistently now. ^_^

I did this, and Baoba still hasn't called me about the safari zone yet. Thinking of preparing the flawless Shadow Sneak father Duskull while I try to find a Ralts.

The Eleventh
17th March 2012, 1:48 PM
Finally, RNGed a shiny egg. Now for the IVs.
Congrats, but I noticed that you were talking about hitting delays when RNGing an egg's PID. You don't need to do this. Just catch a high-leveled Pokémon, keeping note of the time you pressed A to continue your save file, find its IVs and enter those into RNG Reporter to find your initial seed. Then, in the main window, select the DPPt Egg PID method, and find a frame you want to hit. Then right-click to see how many coin flips or happiness checker taps are required. This is all explained in further detail the guide I previously linked.

dewey911p
17th March 2012, 6:10 PM
So i hit a bit of a snag. My delay is 7360 and the delay i hit is 7361 (im none to pleased) but i was pretty happy i was that close. So i turn off my game and try again, and again i get 7361. Im happy because this is the first time i was able to get the same result twice in a row, but why is it an odd delay? I have my emerald version inserted so it should be even right? Also, i tried to hit my delay without the Emerald cart in and the delay i got was 7363. It was off, but it was still odd. How do i get an even delay so i can nail this ID/SID im after?

The Eleventh
17th March 2012, 6:14 PM
So i hit a bit of a snag. My delay is 7360 and the delay i hit is 7361 (im none to pleased) but i was pretty happy i was that close. So i turn off my game and try again, and again i get 7361. Im happy because this is the first time i was able to get the same result twice in a row, but why is it an odd delay? I have my emerald version inserted so it should be even right? Also, i tried to hit my delay without the Emerald cart in and the delay i got was 7363. It was off, but it was still odd. How do i get an even delay so i can nail this ID/SID im after?
If you can't change the delay you're hitting, then change your target delay. Simply edit the year displayed by the Seed to Time window (go forward or back a year by one).

dewey911p
17th March 2012, 6:34 PM
If you can't change the delay you're hitting, then change your target delay. Simply edit the year displayed by the Seed to Time window (go forward or back a year by one).

so i can keep the delay of 7360, but just go from 2012 to 2011? i dont need to change anything else aside from the year and the seconds?

EDIT: I changed the year to 2011 but now all of the delays say 7361. Is that normal?

Poke_Mania97
17th March 2012, 6:46 PM
is there a guide made for the 3ds? i really need one for the 3ds specifically cause i never seem to be successful in this gen for rnging :(

Typhlosion X
17th March 2012, 6:57 PM
is there a guide made for the 3ds? i really need one for the 3ds specifically cause i never seem to be successful in this gen for rnging :(

For a 3DS, you follow the steps like with any other DS, except instead of hitting your target time 1 second early, you do it 8 seconds early for 3DS.

And Dewey, yeah that's normal. Changing the year to a previous year increases the delay, and moving it forward decreases it.

dewey911p
17th March 2012, 7:00 PM
For a 3DS, you follow the steps like with any other DS, except instead of hitting your target time 1 second early, you do it 8 seconds early for 3DS.

And Dewey, yeah that's normal. Changing the year to a previous year increases the delay, and moving it forward decreases it.

So then, just to make sure, i found the same time and date, except in 2011 instead of 2012. All i have to do is change the year on the DS to 2011 and then do everything i have been doing without changing anything (except the year)?

Typhlosion X
17th March 2012, 7:07 PM
So then, just to make sure, i found the same time and date, except in 2011 instead of 2012. All i have to do is change the year on the DS to 2011 and then do everything i have been doing without changing anything (except the year)?

Yep, that's right. Don't forget to change the target in EonTimer as well, and try to avoid updating it if you hit really close to your target delay.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 7:47 PM
I just found my SS. By all means, I should probably trade over the Ditto I RNGed a page or two ago and use that for RNGing? And I happen to have an AR, so I can stop the one NPC on Route 34 via a Rebattle Trainer code. Does that mean there is absolutely no NPC advancement?

TDawg
17th March 2012, 8:06 PM
I just found my SS. By all means, I should probably trade over the Ditto I RNGed a page or two ago and use that for RNGing? And I happen to have an AR, so I can stop the one NPC on Route 34 via a Rebattle Trainer code. Does that mean there is absolutely no NPC advancement?

Yeah, and yes, but I find that he rarely ever actually advances the frames if you save correctly and you're quick enough.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:09 PM
What do you do at the end of the first timer, and what at the end of the second timer in HGSS? From what I'm reading, apparently, you need to press A to go to the Continue screen at the end of the first timer, and enter the game at the end of the second timer.

And how do you advance the PID frame in HGSS?

Kitara
17th March 2012, 8:17 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here in ages. But now I am trying to get a shiny Thundurus, and I am lost. I have a seed, with the shiny on PID frame 815. I can chatter and reliably hit the same frame for a set number of chatters. I know how to use the PID 6% method. But I still can't seem to find my starting frame, or how to get to my shiny from it. I've read the smogon guides, and watched some video tutorials. Still lost. They seem to claim that there should be a fairly consistent pattern to advances, but I can't find one in mine. Sometimes 10 chatters advances it around 10, sometimes it seems to jump about 100 frames, sometimes 40. I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if you need more info, just ask.

TDawg
17th March 2012, 8:29 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here in ages. But now I am trying to get a shiny Thundurus, and I am lost. I have a seed, with the shiny on PID frame 815. I can chatter and reliably hit the same frame for a set number of chatters. I know how to use the PID 6% method. But I still can't seem to find my starting frame, or how to get to my shiny from it. I've read the smogon guides, and watched some video tutorials. Still lost. They seem to claim that there should be a fairly consistent pattern to advances, but I can't find one in mine. Sometimes 10 chatters advances it around 10, sometimes it seems to jump about 100 frames, sometimes 40. I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if you need more info, just ask.

You must not be very consistent when mashing A during the cut scene. Just go with your most common result. Your problem is the problem everyone has. I know this doesn't help that much, but you kind of have to just keep trying and matching results. Also if you hit your shiny frame you can check you dex to see if it's shiny. That way you don't have to search for it.

The Eleventh
17th March 2012, 8:29 PM
What do you do at the end of the first timer, and what at the end of the second timer in HGSS? From what I'm reading, apparently, you need to press A to go to the Continue screen at the end of the first timer, and enter the game at the end of the second timer.

And how do you advance the PID frame in HGSS?
Right, it's good that you've found your SS. It's so much easier. Here's a quick summary of what you need to do.

Save inside the daycare, in front of the woman, with your parents in your party. Once you've found a seed with RNG Reporter (Shiny Egg Finder - just don't select Shiny Only if you're not aiming for shiny), go about hitting the delay as you normally would. Check your seed in-game through Elm calls. If you're successful, place your parents in the daycare, taking note of which parent you entered first (this is parent A; the other is parent B). Now, cycle until the daycare man has an egg. See what frame was given in RNG Reporter. It's easier to go with frame 1, but you can use others. If it's frame 1, then simply save before him. If not, talk to him, and reject the egg. Do this the required amount of times. For example, if you want frame 4, then decline the egg 3 times. Hatch the egg to make sure it's what you want, then turn off the game.

Now you can go about abusing IVs. Find a seed, copy it into the main window, and hit your delay. Press X continuously to get the menu up quickly, then select the Pokégear. Call Elm a couple of times to see if you hit your seed by matching up the results in the main window. Note that you'll find you start on frame 2 or 3 (possibly 1); this is due to the NPC. Simply call Elm repeatedly until you reach the frame before your desired frame (it's good to choose a frame above six or seven), then exit the Pokégear, then the menu and quickly accept the egg. It's extremely unlikely that the NPC will advance your frame any further, so you should have the desired IVs.

It seems like a lot at first, but it's actually a very easy form of abuse. It's infinitely easier than DPPt, as you can discover your SSF and plan around it.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:39 PM
Am I supposed to SR at the end of the first timer? Because I'm going into the game at the end of the first timer, and pressing Continue at the end of the second timer, but my Elm responses aren't giving me any results.

The Eleventh
17th March 2012, 8:40 PM
Am I supposed to SR at the end of the first timer? Because I'm going into the game at the end of the first timer, and pressing Continue at the end of the second timer, but my Elm responses aren't giving me any results.
Yes, SR at the end of the first, then press A to continue at the end of the second.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:41 PM
So basically, hitting delays is the same as it is in DPt? Though I still haven't been able to find if I hit odd or even delays on this game.

The Eleventh
17th March 2012, 8:45 PM
So basically, hitting delays is the same as it is in DPt? Though I still haven't been able to find if I hit odd or even delays on this game.
Yes, it's exactly the same

Don't worry, you should find out soon enough.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 8:48 PM
I should just try this on my DS Lite, because A. My L+R buttons don't work on my DSi, and B. I seem to be more consistent with pressing A and setting the clock on my DS Lite.

FairyWitch
17th March 2012, 9:55 PM
Im so confused with the standard seed rnging for stantionary and wild still...i know the capture tab but just confused still how to do it lol...i really think im making it harder then it looks :/ If some can give me a step by step with the capture tab of the beta 9.94 version would greatly help please...a pm would much better too :)

Kitara
17th March 2012, 9:55 PM
You must not be very consistent when mashing A during the cut scene. Just go with your most common result. Your problem is the problem everyone has. I know this doesn't help that much, but you kind of have to just keep trying and matching results. Also if you hit your shiny frame you can check you dex to see if it's shiny. That way you don't have to search for it.

The thing is, I have tried the same number of advances multiple times (over 3) and I am always getting the same nature and characteristic. So that, to me, would argue that consistency might not be the problem. Here's what I am getting and the possible PIDs from frame 400 to 800. (IVs are 30/31/31/30/31/31 for those who want to check my PID6% calc)

If anyone can point out a pattern, please let me know.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 10:16 PM
My Elm responses don't return any results. I have it at +/- 60/1.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 10:17 PM
My Elm responses don't return any results. I have it at +/- 60/1.

What roamers do you have out?
What are you trying to RNG?
Where is your sprite in game?

Have you beaten the E4?
Have you turned in active pokerus at a pokemon center?
Have you shown Elm your hatched Togepi?

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 10:23 PM
What roamers do you have out?
What are you trying to RNG?
Where is your sprite in game?

Have you beaten the E4?
Have you turned in active pokerus at a pokemon center?
Have you shown Elm your hatched Togepi?

1. None
2. eggs
3. In front of the daycare lady
4-6. I have all the responses

Zevn
17th March 2012, 10:25 PM
That route has a lot of NPCs, and you will have to adjust based on how many advancements they force on you.

edit:
Are you sure your calibrated ranges are correct?

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 10:32 PM
I'm not trying to advance the frame, I'm trying to verify my initial seed, and I'm saved in the daycare. Also, there isn't many NPCs at all on the DC route.

Eh, might as well ensure that I showed Elm my Togepi.

EDIT: Elm gives me the thank you speech when I show him my Togepi, so that's not it. And I never calibrated, guess I prob. should.

Zevn
17th March 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not trying to advance the frame, I'm trying to verify my initial seed, and I'm saved in the daycare. Also, there isn't many NPCs at all on the DC route.

Why not use a Sweet Scenter? Or use Mewtwo?

And there are like 20 NPCs on route 34 o.0

Dunno how many are advancing the frame though.

Typhlosion X
17th March 2012, 10:55 PM
You could be hitting delays that are below your target, cause I noticed you said you had the +/- fields set to 60/1 on Seed to Time.

Anyway, I went and caught Mesprit and Heatran just got caught, while I typed this.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/481.png
#481 Mesprit http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
OT: Hikari / ID: 43764
Timid / Genderless / Levitate / Lvl 50 UT
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Confusion / Lucky Chant / Future Sight / Charm
(Diamond RNG)

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/485.png
#485 Heatran http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
Timid / Female / Flash Fire / Lvl 70 UT
Scary Face / Lava Plume / Fire Spin / Iron Head
(Diamond RNG)

Too bad there are no flawless/near flawless Calm spreads, I would've used that over Timid on Heatran. Just got Cresselia and Giratina left to do shiny flawless, and then Regigigas to do near-flawless.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 11:05 PM
IDK what to set it at, then. I know I'm hitting my timer within 1 sec, though.

TDawg
17th March 2012, 11:07 PM
IDK what to set it at, then. I know I'm hitting my timer within 1 sec, though.

set the +/- at 100 for both on frames and both at 0 for seconds.

Jr Breshears
17th March 2012, 11:10 PM
Guys Im soft resetting a mewtwo from leafgreen, any tutor moves I should give it? But I already used counter and seismic toss on another poke :(

TDawg
17th March 2012, 11:11 PM
Guys Im soft resetting a mewtwo from leafgreen, any tutor moves I should give it? But I already used counter and seismic toss on another poke :(

Selfdestruct.

Jr Breshears
17th March 2012, 11:20 PM
I don't have XD :( and I don't know anyone with it, or how to trade it to XD.

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 11:36 PM
Mewtwo doesn't really gain anything from Gen III tutors, other than if Double-Edge interests you.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My calibrated delay/sec is set to 590/14. I've triple-checked my date and time I'm starting the timer at.

EDIT: Just found I was WAY off. Just RC'ed a Ponyta from Mount Silver to 48, and I hit 1014, about 75 off.

TDawg
17th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Mewtwo doesn't really gain anything from Gen III tutors, other than if Double-Edge interests you.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My calibrated delay/sec is set to 590/14. I've triple-checked my date and time I'm starting the timer at.

EDIT: Just found I was WAY off. Just RC'ed a Ponyta from Mount Silver to 48, and I hit 1014, about 75 off.

Well HGSS calibrated delay is around 500 so you're pretty off. Fix that and you should get results

Vandslaux
17th March 2012, 11:53 PM
So the problem probably lies in my calibrated delay? Calibrating at Mt. Silver atm. Why must HGSS have such crappy levels??

Silvershark
18th March 2012, 12:00 AM
I was going through dust clouds looking for evolutionary stones, and I was wondering: If it's possible to RNG the pokemon in shaking grass, fishing spots, and dust clouds, is it also possible to RNG the items in dust clouds?

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 12:07 AM
OK, now my Elm responses are giving results. Though the results are about 10 off my target delay. First time, i got 1099, now I got 1097.

EDIT: I don't understand. RNGReporter is highlighting my target Elm responses (E-E-K-P-E-E-K-E-E) when I got EKKPEEKEE. I've heard something about something like "skipping" in HGSS. Is this what happened?

I'm also reading this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3456855), and it says that calling Joey advances by 2, and he says that calling him twice and rejecting an egg would advance by 2. Wouldn't that put you at frame 6? Or does it start on frame 0?

TDawg
18th March 2012, 12:52 AM
So the problem probably lies in my calibrated delay? Calibrating at Mt. Silver atm. Why must HGSS have such crappy levels??

Why not just calibrate as you RNG with Eontimer? If so then you won't have to be even calibrating.

Zevn
18th March 2012, 12:56 AM
I think you should calibrate off of Mewtwo, then escape rope out of there.

Worked great for me.

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 1:00 AM
I've hit my delay. (I think, it was one off, but RNG Reporter still highlighted my target delay, my first three were EKK when my target was EEK, rest matched.) Now what? I've put my parents in the daycare, and I have an egg ready. My target frame is 3. Does that mean I reject 2 eggs, or 3 eggs? Does accepting an egg also advance the RNG?

PokemonTrader
18th March 2012, 1:05 AM
On SS I just Pokechecked what I caught to get the IVs and found my normal delay that way.

TDawg
18th March 2012, 1:07 AM
I've hit my delay. (I think, it was one off, but RNG Reporter still highlighted my target delay, my first three were EKK when my target was EEK, rest matched.) Now what? I've put my parents in the daycare, and I have an egg ready. My target frame is 3. Does that mean I reject 2 eggs, or 3 eggs? Does accepting an egg also advance the RNG?

You have to save in front of the third egg. Reject the first 2.

Shadow Moon
18th March 2012, 1:31 AM
for rnging in the giant chasm do you have to use de-fog to start using sweet scent?

aiming for flawless ditto

PokemonTrader
18th March 2012, 1:37 AM
Defog wont work actually. What you do is save in the chasm, set your DS clock forward a month, catch something (this should clear the fog), and save again. Then you RNG.

TDawg
18th March 2012, 1:37 AM
for rnging in the giant chasm do you have to use de-fog to start using sweet scent?

aiming for flawless ditto

There is no De-Fog move in BW. You have save in the Giant Chasm. Change your date a month ahead of behind. Get in a battle and after that it will disappear and then save. After that, proceed to RNG.

dewey911p
18th March 2012, 2:18 AM
I was going through dust clouds looking for evolutionary stones, and I was wondering: If it's possible to RNG the pokemon in shaking grass, fishing spots, and dust clouds, is it also possible to RNG the items in dust clouds?

its possible to RNG the dust clouds, you would do it like any other RNG. However, i dont think they have completely figured out how the clouds are generated so you would have to keep checking different seeds until you get on that works. Also, i read somewhere that the newer versions of RNG reporter support RNGing items (which might mean they have also figured out more about the dust cloud generation mechanics) so you should be able to select some option within RNG reporter. I've never actually tried so i cant really say to much about it, but it is possible to do

Agonist
18th March 2012, 2:59 AM
basically for dust spots, you choose a frame that is the same number of pokes in your party + one, then run around for 128 steps to advance it to that frame. Then hopefully you find a dust spot before you've taken 256 steps. Every step you take is +2 to the PID, and every time you turn without stepping it's +2.

Too Funk to Druck
18th March 2012, 3:16 AM
I just realized that I haven't RNGed anything in the longest time(haven't been on Serebii in a while either, but that's another story). I need to think of a good project to do now.

TDawg
18th March 2012, 3:31 AM
Well here's my Rayquaza

Nobunaga's Rayquaza!
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/cherishball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/384.gif
#384 Rayquaza - レックウザ | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | - | ノブナガ
Hasty | Air Lock | UT @ Lv. 70
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 4:13 AM
So I am supposed to reject 2 eggs (or call Joey once) and then accept the egg to get to frame 3? I tried before, and I got Naughty, ability 0. My seed is 030E044B and my ID are 16149 and my SID is 25257, so could somebody examine this and see what I did wrong?

If it helps, Joey is waiting for a rematch, or is it him calling me that is bad? I'm rejecting two eggs and accepting one and I'm hitting frame 5. I have no roamers. Should I try just accepting the egg?

TDawg
18th March 2012, 4:40 AM
So I am supposed to reject 2 eggs (or call Joey once) and then accept the egg to get to frame 3? I tried before, and I got Naughty, ability 0. My seed is 030E044B and my ID are 16149 and my SID is 25257, so could somebody examine this and see what I did wrong?

If it helps, Joey is waiting for a rematch, or is it him calling me that is bad? I'm rejecting two eggs and accepting one and I'm hitting frame 5. I have no roamers. Should I try just accepting the egg?

When doing the first step of egg RNG the frames go by eggs so calling anyone doesn't matter at all. Also calling Joey when he wants a rematch does nothing for you. You want him to NOT want a rematch.

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 4:43 AM
True. There's still the problem of doing 2 rejections and accepting the third one, and I get frame 5, Naughty Ability 0, though. Should I try doing no rejections, and see what I get?

TDawg
18th March 2012, 4:51 AM
True. There's still the problem of doing 2 rejections and accepting the third one, and I get frame 5, Naughty Ability 0, though. Should I try doing no rejections, and see what I get?

By all means go for it. You can always pick a seed with a frame off 1.

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 5:02 AM
It's funny how, sometimes, it's so hard to hit a delay, but it's so easy once you find the right calibrated delay.

Anyways, doing a control run w/ no rejections atm.

EDIT: got frame 1. I really should just try a frame 1 seed; this is ridiculous.

Found a frame 1 seed and hit it, checking with Elm responses. Now I just run around, save, and the egg should be shiny?

EDIT: Just hatched shiny, now to go for IVs. Honestly, it isn't that hard to find a frame 1 seed.

TDawg
18th March 2012, 7:22 AM
http://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/405.png★
#405 Luxray | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif | ♂
Naughty | Intimidate | UT @ Lv. 30 | Non-Redis
31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | Fire 70
Superpower | Signal Beam | Iron Tail | Sleep Talk

This might have been my easiest 4th Gen RNG yet! Besides the roamers I guess.

Zevn
18th March 2012, 7:35 AM
Well I figured out how to manipulate the swarms in SS, so I have a Careful female Ralts. Now I need to see if this same method works for getting the Warden to call. I advance the hours to 23:59, save at 00:01, and if repeated the game gives you a new swarm. You guys probably already knew this, but I didn't.

So, as soon as I find a Duskull I can x-fer the catch and try my hand at the TID/SID stuff.

By the way Tdawg, is it going to be possible to find a Shiny Timid roamer spread that is flawless, that can also provide flawless Synch for the stationaries? (I mean penta flawless btw, I'll do an entire save file for rayquaza's need for hex-flawless)

Nice Luxray, it's actually one of the two electric pokemon that doesn't offend me. If only it was better.

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 7:39 AM
I think I have the process down pretty well. Decided to clean up my format.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/123.png
Scyther |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/bug.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif| UT
Adamant | Technician | Bug / Flying
31/31/31/19/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
Bug Bite | Roost | Tailwind

TDawg
18th March 2012, 7:52 AM
By the way Tdawg, is it going to be possible to find a Shiny Timid roamer spread that is flawless, that can also provide flawless Synch for the stationaries? (I mean penta flawless btw, I'll do an entire save file for rayquaza's need for hex-flawless)

Nice Luxray, it's actually one of the two electric pokemon that doesn't offend me. If only it was better.

Hmm I am quite sure. Using a synch in 4th Gen can drastically change a seed's frames. So a synch can't always help. I know there are ID/SIDs that can give you multiple shiny flawless natured seeds, but I am not sure what they are.

Thanks! I like the shiny version.

I think I have the process down pretty well. Decided to clean up my format.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/123.png
Scyther |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/bug.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif| UT
Adamant | Technician | Bug / Flying
31/31/31/19/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
Bug Bite | Roost | Tailwind

Glad you finally got it. No superpower though? By the way your format repeats typing twice.

Jr Breshears
18th March 2012, 8:00 AM
Two types :p

TDawg
18th March 2012, 8:03 AM
Two types :p

Lol I know that, but If you look there is the bug flying box images and then he typed out Bug / flying.

Jr Breshears
18th March 2012, 8:07 AM
That's what I was talking about too lol but I guess I should have said 4 :S

Vandslaux
18th March 2012, 5:09 PM
Going to teach it Superpower once I evolve it. This one took about an hour, between breeding the egg moves from a Staravia (just casual breeding for a Male Skarm), RNGing the PID, and RNGing the IVS.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/227.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Skarmory |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/steel.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif| UT
Impish | Sturdy | ♀
31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
Whirlwind | Roost | Brave Bird | Stealth Rock

Poke_Mania97
18th March 2012, 5:15 PM

Thats what i've been doing and i just dont know whats wrong! When i last came here it was the NPCs and its so annoying D<

dewey911p
18th March 2012, 7:00 PM
OMG OMG OMG i did it! 49800/17142! This will get me my shiny HP Grass flawless Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo, Lugia and maybe even the Lati twins (yea, the last 4 dont need HP grass, but i have the spread so might as well use it :p) Im still a little unsure about how the calibrated seconds work and all, but with more practice i think i will figure it out. I still havent read many guides, just the one for ID/SID abuse :p I forgot what it feels like to make your first sucessful RNG when learning something new. I like this :D Now to play through and get some legends!

AquaRegisteel
18th March 2012, 7:06 PM
Congrats! Looks like you have a lot to do, but well done anyway.

cannibaleyes
18th March 2012, 7:08 PM
OMG OMG OMG i did it! 49800/17142! This will get me my shiny HP Grass flawless Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Mewtwo, Lugia and maybe even the Lati twins (yea, the last 4 dont need HP grass, but i have the spread so might as well use it :p) Im still a little unsure about how the calibrated seconds work and all, but with more practice i think i will figure it out. I still havent read many guides, just the one for ID/SID abuse :p I forgot what it feels like to make your first sucessful RNG when learning something new. I like this :D Now to play through and get some legends!
Congrats! Incidentally, I RNGed a shiny flawless HP grass spread on my HG too. xD

The Eleventh
18th March 2012, 7:09 PM
Congrats, dewey. I started learning Gen III abuse today. I'm getting close to my target (I'm only getting used to the process, so it's not anything noteworthy, merely practice). I was only a few milliseconds off a moment ago. D:

Poke_Mania97
18th March 2012, 8:18 PM
My problems for getting a shiny egg are :

- hitting the seed - this is what everyone tells me and i dont undertstand how im not hitting it, i hit the target time and whatever it says on rng!

- Wandering NPCs - i have no clue how much they advance my frame by :S

- Shifted starting frame - :s no clue......

- do i ALWAYS have to hit A 8 seconds before my target time on the 3ds?

The Eleventh
18th March 2012, 8:23 PM
- hitting the seed - this is what everyone tells me and i dont undertstand how im not hitting it, i hit the target time and whatever it says on rng!
You need to press A to boot the game eight seconds before the time given in RNG Reporter, since you're using a 3DS.

- Wandering NPCs - i have no clue how much they advance my frame by :S
They advance by 2-5, usually.

- Shifted starting frame - :s no clue......
Hatch an egg with no advancements, and find where that matches up in RNG Reporter's main window to find your SSF.

- do i ALWAYS have to hit A 8 seconds before my target time on the 3ds?
Yes.

TDawg
18th March 2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/436.png★
#436 Bronzor | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | -
Sassy | Levitate | UT @ Lv. 1 | Non-Redis
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | Ice 70
Sleep Talk | Stealth Rock | Trick

This guy was a BP from my shop. 4th Gen is almost 2nd nature now.

Jr Breshears
19th March 2012, 1:08 AM
I need to learn gen 4 :( lol but nice breed.

Vandslaux
19th March 2012, 1:13 AM
It's really quite simple once you get used to delays.

The Eleventh
19th March 2012, 1:15 AM
It's really quite simple once you get used to delays.
Yeah, it is. It's not very difficult at all.

I'm progressing well with Emerald RNGing. I've hit the frame behind and in front of my target frame at least twice each now. Hopefully I'll get somewhere tomorrow.

TDawg
19th March 2012, 2:38 AM
Yeah, it is. It's not very difficult at all.

I'm progressing well with Emerald RNGing. I've hit the frame behind and in front of my target frame at least twice each now. Hopefully I'll get somewhere tomorrow.

You're sure to get ;D

I find 3rd Gen easier then 4th gen.

Vandslaux
19th March 2012, 4:09 AM
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/220.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/ShinyBWStar.png
Swinub |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/ice.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/ground.gif| UT
Adamant | Snow Cloak | ♂
31/31/31/31/31/31 | Hidden Power Dark 70
Body Slam | Endeavor | Superpower | Stealth Rock

Should I use Sleep Talk or Body Slam? Body Slam for the case of some weird tank set that wants a way to paralyze, but Sleep Talk has it's obvious merits. Easily my easiest 4th gen RNG, this one took about half an hour, counting in egg hatching.

dewey911p
19th March 2012, 4:34 AM
So i wanted to keep the momentum up and thought i would RNG my HeartGold ID while i was at it too. Voila! 65300/19563 :D this will net me a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Calm frame on frame 1 and a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest frame on frame 2. Calm was my target and Modest was my bonus :p This will make for a nice set for Suicune, Luguia, and Articuno. This time it only took me 2 tries to get it down. I picked a delay that was close to my last delay (6097 this time and 6095 the first time) and i kept the seconds at 25. Didnt touch the calibrated delay and then i nailed it the second time :D This isnt so bad after all.

On a related note, i want to practice some more by RNGing the starters, but im not sure how to advance the frame. On SS i have a 31/x/31/30/31/31 Timid frame on frame 10 and that would make for a cool little Cyndaquil for my play through, but how do i advance the frame that early in the game? I just saved as soon as i got my trainer card so do i need to save in front of the poke ball, or before i talk to Elm? Also, since i just started, i cant call Elm, or Joey, and i dont have a Chatot, and i dont think i can Journal flip yet (still not sure about advancing the frames in gen 4). So how should i go about doing this?

Vandslaux
19th March 2012, 4:45 AM
I think you have to just guess and check with a frame that matches the starting frame of the starter you want. If it isn't shiny, you didn't hit your delay. If it is, congrats. It doesn't help that you don't have the Radio either. IDK if walking 128 steps advances the RNG in HGSS, though why would it anyway, since you have 0 pokes in your party.

TDawg
19th March 2012, 4:48 AM
So i wanted to keep the momentum up and thought i would RNG my HeartGold ID while i was at it too. Voila! 65300/19563 :D this will net me a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Calm frame on frame 1 and a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest frame on frame 2. Calm was my target and Modest was my bonus :p This will make for a nice set for Suicune, Luguia, and Articuno. This time it only took me 2 tries to get it down. I picked a delay that was close to my last delay (6097 this time and 6095 the first time) and i kept the seconds at 25. Didnt touch the calibrated delay and then i nailed it the second time :D This isnt so bad after all.

On a related note, i want to practice some more by RNGing the starters, but im not sure how to advance the frame. On SS i have a 31/x/31/30/31/31 Timid frame on frame 10 and that would make for a cool little Cyndaquil for my play through, but how do i advance the frame that early in the game? I just saved as soon as i got my trainer card so do i need to save in front of the poke ball, or before i talk to Elm? Also, since i just started, i cant call Elm, or Joey, and i dont have a Chatot, and i dont think i can Journal flip yet (still not sure about advancing the frames in gen 4). So how should i go about doing this?

On frame 1? That's really low. Good job.

You don't. I really suggest not doing this. You would have let the NPCs in the town and Elm's room advance the PID. But if you're really up to the challenge then save in front of the balls.

Also, Cyndaquil starts on Frame 5 on a seed.

dewey911p
19th March 2012, 5:05 AM
On frame 1? That's really low. Good job.

You don't. I really suggest not doing this. You would have let the NPCs in the town and Elm's room advance the PID. But if you're really up to the challenge then save in front of the balls.

Also, Cyndaquil starts on Frame 5 on a seed.

Thanks :D Do all starters start on 5 or are they all different? I was thinking of a hex-flawless shiny modest Chikorita for HG since its only frame 2

TDawg
19th March 2012, 5:07 AM
Thanks :D Do all starters start on 5 or are they all different? I was thinking of a hex-flawless shiny modest Chikorita for HG since its only frame 2

Chikorita is frame 1 and Totodile is frame 9.

dewey911p
19th March 2012, 5:14 AM
Chikorita is frame 1 and Totodile is frame 9.

awesome thanks! so i just have hit my delay, let the NPCs advance the frame by one, and pick up Chikorita than. If this is anything like gen 5, that should be easy. Cool, this will be fun XD

Zevn
19th March 2012, 5:38 AM
Well, I picked up everything I want from my first SS save file.

I'm about to restart, and do my TID/SID manipulation.

Oh and dewey, offer standing, willing to assist in any way with roamer/stationary legend gen 4 stuff.

TDawg
19th March 2012, 6:15 AM
awesome thanks! so i just have hit my delay, let the NPCs advance the frame by one, and pick up Chikorita than. If this is anything like gen 5, that should be easy. Cool, this will be fun XD

Good luck! New RNGs from 5th Gen.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/060.gif
#060 Poliwag | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif | ♂
Modest | Swift Swim -> Drizzle | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 24 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 | Grass 70

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/186.gif★
#186 Politoed | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif | ♀
Relaxed | Drizzle | UT @ Lv. 40
31 | x | 31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | Psychic 68

Silvershark
19th March 2012, 8:12 AM
its possible to RNG the dust clouds, you would do it like any other RNG. However, i dont think they have completely figured out how the clouds are generated so you would have to keep checking different seeds until you get on that works. Also, i read somewhere that the newer versions of RNG reporter support RNGing items (which might mean they have also figured out more about the dust cloud generation mechanics) so you should be able to select some option within RNG reporter. I've never actually tried so i cant really say to much about it, but it is possible to do

Yeah, I downloaded a newer version of RNG reporter today, and it mentions something about RNGing items in the list of updates; but I couldn't find any options for it in the time finder window. Hmm....

Anyways, RNG'd this on my first try:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/347.gif
'Nora'
Anorith *shiny* (female)
OT: Jeremy | ID No.: 58803 | Nature: Jolly | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Rock/Bug
IV: 31/31/31/22/31/31 | Hidden Power: Electric 70
Moves: Harden | Brick Break | Swords Dance | X-Scissor

Zevn
19th March 2012, 8:51 AM
So I have to wait until tomorrow for someone to hold my utility pokemon on Soul Silver so I figured I would go ahead and do the Gallade that I want.

My Shadow Sneak Duskull and my careful female Ralts have no usable IVs to pass down, in gen 5 I would just RNG new parent pokemon via breeding a flawless mother or father.

However, even with +10 egg frame search I don't find any with as many 31s. What is the best method to progress? Should I attempt to RNG a new mother Ralts fromt he Grass?

dewey911p
19th March 2012, 3:07 PM
So I have to wait until tomorrow for someone to hold my utility pokemon on Soul Silver so I figured I would go ahead and do the Gallade that I want.

My Shadow Sneak Duskull and my careful female Ralts have no usable IVs to pass down, in gen 5 I would just RNG new parent pokemon via breeding a flawless mother or father.

However, even with +10 egg frame search I don't find any with as many 31s. What is the best method to progress? Should I attempt to RNG a new mother Ralts fromt he Grass?

Im still getting a feel for Gen 4 RNGing, but if i understand it correctly then all of the frames are the same regardless of the game cart. If so, there is a flawless Calm seed on frame 1, a flawless Modest seed on frame 2, and a 31/31/31/29/31/31 Jolly frame on frame 18. You could very easily RNG any of those for your Ralts to use in breeding (not sure how the encounter slots work yet thpugh so im not sure if this will really work)

EDIT: So yeah, i forgot i abused my ID for Method K Stationary pokemon and starters are Method 1 pokemon. Closest Shiny Modest frame is 67 ... ... ... F that, I'll practice once i hit Lugia or something lol

The Eleventh
19th March 2012, 3:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9qPtv.gif
Cian | 38608 | --
Bold | Limber | Normal | Desert Underpass
Transform
12 | 31 | 18 | 13 | 10 | 31

Yay for first successful Gen III RNG. Now let's see if I can do something more impressive.

Poke_Mania97
19th March 2012, 6:26 PM
When i tried to rng, i didnt hit my seed........AGAIN! i dont understand what is happening e.e. I tried to hatch the egg without advances to see what frame i hit so i would know my advances.... but it didnt correspond to any of them (In the first 7)! im so annoyed....

Iristle
19th March 2012, 7:47 PM
It seems that the encounter tables aren't quite right here... I managed to encounter a level 53 Flawless METANG instead of a Ditto from what I assume is Encounter Slot 6. Either that, or I've done something wrong. It doesn't appear like it since I hit the exact right IVs and everything (Hexa-flawless) I'd keep the Metang but I caught it in a masterball, so I'm going to reset because I don't want to lose it. If I happen to run into it again then maybe I'll try to catch it. (It's modest though, so it's not really that worth it.)

EDIT: Ran using another seed and this time got a Hexa-flawless Lunatone with Quiet Nature. Am I doing something wrong or is it perhaps something wrong with the newest version of RNG Reporter?

Or is it that I have to advance the PIDRNG frame to get the right Pokémon?

PokemonTrader
19th March 2012, 8:01 PM
Yes, you need to advance the PIDRNG to the proper frame. I recommend Chatots.

Iristle
19th March 2012, 8:32 PM
Alright. RNG Successful. Note to self: Bring 2 Chatots to flip between instead of just one. Advancing 48 frames using just one is strenuous.

Second Successful RNG, Alright!

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/132.gif
#132 Ditto
Adamant, Level 53, Giant Chasm
Somewhat Vain
31/31/31/31/31/31

I think I'm getting into it more and more. I'll have to try harder things like Egg RNGing or PIDRNGing for a Shiny. Maybe I'll go for something like a Joltik or some other cool shiny. ^^

TDawg
19th March 2012, 8:49 PM
When i tried to rng, i didnt hit my seed........AGAIN! i dont understand what is happening e.e. I tried to hatch the egg without advances to see what frame i hit so i would know my advances.... but it didnt correspond to any of them (In the first 7)! im so annoyed....

Try to get your parameters again. Your results may be different.

Jr Breshears
20th March 2012, 12:00 AM
Good luck! New RNGs from 5th Gen.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/060.gif
#060 Poliwag | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif | ♂
Modest | Swift Swim -> Drizzle | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 24 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 | Grass 70

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/186.gif★
#186 Politoed | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif | ♀
Relaxed | Drizzle | UT @ Lv. 40
31 | x | 31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | Psychic 68

I really like the relaxed one :p

cooloolcool
20th March 2012, 12:01 AM
I'm thinking of trying to RNG. What's the easiest type of RNG?

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking of trying to RNG. What's the easiest type of RNG?

a penta-flawless wild pokemon in an area with no NPCs

cooloolcool
20th March 2012, 12:03 AM
a penta-flawless wild pokemon in an area with no NPCs

Which means?

And I'm using a DSI

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 12:09 AM
Which means?

And I'm using a DSI

lol, you should start by reading one of the walk throughs (found on the first page). Once you read the walk throughs and watch the videos you will get a better feel for what you are doing. From there, if you have any questions we can help you out :)

cooloolcool
20th March 2012, 12:10 AM
lol, you should start by reading one of the walk throughs (found on the first page). Once you read the walk throughs and watch the videos you will get a better feel for what you are doing. From there, if you have any questions we can help you out :)

Which ones are the most helpful? I don't want to spend a whole lot of time going through every one.

Zevn
20th March 2012, 12:13 AM
Which ones are the most helpful? I don't want to spend a whole lot of time going through every one.

Your slothfulness will have to go for you to be successful with these methods.

Start with Smogon.

The Eleventh
20th March 2012, 12:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qFlMs.gif
Cian | 38608 | ♀
Bold | Natural Cure | Normal | Route 113
Pound | Growl | Tail Whip | Seismic Toss
31 | 0 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31

Yeah, I'm kind of pleased with myself. First proper Emerald abuse. I couldn't think of a suitable hatch location, but I guess Route 113 is somewhat appropriate. xD

The process itself isn't hard; it's just that you have to be quite precise. I'd love to try out shiny egg RNGing, since that's a challenge. :D

cooloolcool
20th March 2012, 12:15 AM
Your slothfulness will have to go for you to be successful with these methods.

Start with Smogon.

It's just that I don't have a lot of time right now. And Thank you!

Zevn
20th March 2012, 12:17 AM
Cian | 38608 | ♀

Yeah, I'm kind of pleased with myself. First proper Emerald abuse. I couldn't think of a suitable hatch location, but I guess Route 113 is somewhat appropriate. xD

The process itself isn't hard; it's just that you have to be quite precise. I'd love to try out shiny egg RNGing, since that's a challenge. :D

Hmmm, that's Hoenn right?

Meteor Falls, and Mt Pyre get my vote.

I like the Dreamyard for gen 5 hatching. ^_^

The Eleventh
20th March 2012, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, that's Hoenn right?

Meteor Falls, and Mt Pyre get my vote.

I like the Dreamyard for gen 5 hatching. ^_^
Yup, it's Hoenn. #113 is Chansey's National Dex number.

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 12:22 AM
Cian | 38608 | ♀

wow congratulations :) i would learn gen 3 just to do that Chansey (and the Regis) but i dont have a Chansey on my emerald and i dont know where to get one :/

The Eleventh
20th March 2012, 12:27 AM
wow congratulations :) i would learn gen 3 just to do that Chansey (and the Regis) but i dont have a Chansey on my emerald and i dont know where to get one :/
I had to trade the parent over from LeafGreen (then RNG a 31/x/31/x/x/31 Chansey to act as the final Chansey's parent). I might RNG the Regis, since I haven't caught them on this file. There's a great spread for Registeel twenty minutes in, but I don't know if I want to wait that long only to find out I missed my frame. :|

Zevn
20th March 2012, 12:49 AM
Deleting all data, don't turn off the power.

>.>

<.<

Here we goooo.

So I'm not seeing where to search for the spread I want on RNGreporter, I'm using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3923823&postcount=2

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 1:08 AM
Deleting all data, don't turn off the power.

>.>

<.<

Here we goooo.

So I'm not seeing where to search for the spread I want on RNGreporter, I'm using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3923823&postcount=2

same guide i used :p Just open up the gen 4 time finder and search for the spread you want. From there you copy the PID into Pandora's box and hit generate. Pick out the ID/SID combo you want and RNG for it :p

Iristle
20th March 2012, 1:09 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/129f.gif
#129 Magikarp http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Adamant, Level 5, Marvelous Bridge
Likes to thrash about
30/31/31/21/30/31

I also used PIDRNG to RNG a Timid Shiny Joltik and Litwick, although neither have flawless stats except in random spots, but they're still pretty decent IV spread wise, just not perfect. These were too easy to do. Time to move onto Egg RNGing. This'll be fun. >: D

Zevn
20th March 2012, 1:18 AM
same guide i used :p Just open up the gen 4 time finder and search for the spread you want. From there you copy the PID into Pandora's box and hit generate. Pick out the ID/SID combo you want and RNG for it :p

I'm not getting any hits at all, and it only tries to calculate for about half a second, which doesn't seem right.

And doesn't the time finder require TID/SId to already be plugged in to search for shiny spreads?

That doesn't seem like it would work to find a spread with a TID/SID different from what you have, and it seems not to be working for me.

Kitara
20th March 2012, 1:35 AM
I'm not getting any hits at all, and it only tries to calculate for about half a second, which doesn't seem right.

And doesn't the time finder require TID/SId to already be plugged in to search for shiny spreads?

That doesn't seem like it would work to find a spread with a TID/SID different from what you have, and it seems not to be working for me.

I haven't done 4th gen ID abuse, but I've done 5th gen. In that, you leave the ids blank when searching for the spread, and you aren't searching for shinies. Only search for a good iv/nature combo. The point of ID abuse is to force that particular spread to be shiny. Does that help?

Zevn
20th March 2012, 1:39 AM
Yes, a lot. Thank you.

So basically I find the flawless spread, and use pandara's box to make it also be a shiny spread?

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 2:00 AM
Yes, a lot. Thank you.

So basically I find the flawless spread, and use pandara's box to make it also be a shiny spread?

yup exactly :)

Zevn
20th March 2012, 8:02 AM
So I found a TID/SID that gives 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid & Bold roamer & synchronize shiny frames. (attack is pretty much worthless for everything I'm hunting)

Should I keep combing through in hopes of finding a flawless jolly spread for Rayquaza/Groudon, or is this something I will have to manipulate separately?

Edit:
So there are no flawless Jolly spreads that are usable for Rayquaza? Cute Charm is trolling me.

Edit2:
Winters' guide says that the TID/SID is generated, "Between the shrinking and the blank black screen is where your ID/SID was generated." Does this mean I need to calculate for the discrepancy causes by the character shrinking?

Exploits
20th March 2012, 9:29 AM
It is impossible to catch a hex-flawless (if that's what you mean) Jolly Pokemon in 4th Gen. You have to go with something that's not 31 in Sp. Atk, which you don't need anyway. I doubt you'll be able to find a combo that would give you those specific spreads all in one.

Don't worry about the character shrinking, you can't control that. Just make sure to press A on the screen where Oak says "I'll see you later!" at the end of the second timer and adjust based on that.

TDawg
20th March 2012, 9:32 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/371.gif
#371 Bagon | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif | ♂
Naive | Sheer Force -> Moxie | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70
Hydro Pump | Dragon Dance

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/371.gif★
#371 Bagon | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif | ♀
Adamant / Jolly | Sheer Force -> Moxie | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31 | Electric 70
Hydro Pump | Dragon Dance

3 breeds I did because it's about damn time I got a MoxieMence! The Adamant and Jolly ones happen to be on the exact same seed, 2 frames away from each other which was a pretty good surprise.

Zevn
20th March 2012, 9:33 AM
I was going to run with overheat, but you're right. That one point difference will not change what Overheat OHKOs.

Edit:

{with a target of 5003}

*hits*

*adjusts* -> *hits*

*crying in frustration*[/I]

Edit2:

So I got it on my first try when I tried a completely different SID/TID combo that was also satisfactory.

-_- Beware a storm of 31/14/31/31/31/31 shiny Timid legends I guess.

dewey911p
20th March 2012, 3:06 PM
I was going to run with overheat, but you're right. That one point difference will not change what Overheat OHKOs.

Edit:

{with a target of 5003}

*hits*

*adjusts* -> *hits*

*crying in frustration*[/I]

Edit2:

So I got it on my first try when I tried a completely different SID/TID combo that was also satisfactory.

-_- Beware a storm of 31/14/31/31/31/31 shiny Timid legends I guess.

congratulations :) but you should have gone with an HP Ice or Grass Spread, a lot of the legendaries in HGSS benefit from it competitively :p

Agonist
20th March 2012, 4:12 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/130.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Intimidate
31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Splash | Bite
UT @ Lv. 20 | Magikarp Salesman's Magikarp

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/626.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Reckless
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31
Horn Attack | Scary Face | Revenge | Head Charge
UT @ Lv. 34

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/639.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Justified
31 | 31 | 31 | 8 | 31 | 31
Helping Hand | Retaliate | Rock Slide | Sacred Sword
UT @ Lv. 42

I had forgotten I'd already done a Adamant Premier Ball Terrakion :c

Zevn
20th March 2012, 8:55 PM
congratulations :) but you should have gone with an HP Ice or Grass Spread, a lot of the legendaries in HGSS benefit from it competitively :p

*cough*

"legends of main focus for Zev this round"

Mewtwo [Psystrike/Calm Mind/Ice Beam/Aura Sphere]
Lugia [Ice Beam/Reflect/Roost/Toxic]
Suicune [Surf/Calm Mind/Sleep Talk/Rest]
Latios [Dragon Pulse/Calm Mind/Surf/Recover]
Raikou [Thunderbolt/Calm Mind/Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere]
Articuno [Ice Beam/Roost/Substitute/Toxic]

The only one suffering slightly is Raikou.

Kalosian
21st March 2012, 12:17 AM
The only one suffering slightly is Raikou.
Just wanted to tell you, Raikou cannot learn Aura Sphere if it isn't from an Event (http://serebii.net/events/dex/243.shtml). The others should be fine though.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 12:29 AM
Just wanted to tell you, Raikou cannot learn Aura Sphere if it isn't from an Event (http://serebii.net/events/dex/243.shtml). The others should be fine though.

Thank you, I guess I'll be using redundant coverage with Dragon 70 or Extrasensory then.

raticate7
21st March 2012, 2:54 AM
I am new at this I have a DSi and am looking for someone to walk me step by step for shiny flawless egg pokemon and legendaries. I really need help on this and would really appreciate the assistance.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 3:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSonSZQFQK8&list=UURH4df8a2_PSIQz3TKzAVIg&index=3&feature=plcp

raticate7
21st March 2012, 3:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSonSZQFQK8&list=UURH4df8a2_PSIQz3TKzAVIg&index=3&feature=plcp

That helped but I didnt show how to use DSi just DS.

Vandslaux
21st March 2012, 3:36 AM
Shame there's no usable flawless Impish spreads for Giratina :/

Zevn
21st March 2012, 3:41 AM
It works for both.

What do you need SpA for on Giratina?

raticate7
21st March 2012, 3:44 AM
It works for both.

What do you need SpA for on Giratina?

Ok thanks alot but I got to download something right?

Vandslaux
21st March 2012, 3:45 AM
For some reason, I like hexflawlessness. Though there's tons of usable penta-flawless Impish seeds.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 3:47 AM
For some reason, I like hexflawlessness. Though there's tons of usable penta-flawless Impish seeds.

Beware Sableye:
Foul Play inflicts damage. It uses the target's Attack stat to calculate damage, as opposed to the user's Attack stat.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Vandslaux
21st March 2012, 3:51 AM
Exactly how much is Foul Play going to hurt Giratina-A, anyway? And Taunt is a more likely move than Foul Play to be used.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 3:53 AM
Exactly how much is Foul Play going to hurt Giratina-A, anyway? And Taunt is a more likely move than Foul Play to be used.

It was a joke.

I personally like the imperfection in a completely non-necessary stat.

^_^

I'm sorry that there aren't any hex-flawless spreads for your Giratina.

Foul Play / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Recover

I've been using Trick over Foul play anyway, with prankster my Sableye isn't getting taunted enough to warrant it.

Exploits
21st March 2012, 3:56 AM
Shame there's no usable flawless Impish spreads for Giratina :/

I believe only Calm, Modest, Timid and Docile can be hex-flawless.

raticate7
21st March 2012, 4:28 AM
I have 1 more question for hatching. What do you download or use for the DSi?

dewey911p
21st March 2012, 4:39 AM
I have 1 more question for hatching. What do you download or use for the DSi?

same thing you download and use for all RNGs on a PC, RNG reporter :p

TDawg
21st March 2012, 5:32 AM
same thing you download and use for all RNGs on a PC, RNG reporter :p

And a external clock, if you're doing 5th Gen.

dewey911p
21st March 2012, 5:40 AM
And a external clock, if you're doing 5th Gen.

good point, my DS Lite spoils me so i always forget about that :p

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
21st March 2012, 7:26 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/243.gif
#243 Raikou|Rash|Pressure|31|30|30|31|31|31|Ice 70|
|Zap Cannon|Aura Sphere|Extremespeed|Weather Ball|
|Wi-fi Gift|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif
#385 Jirachi|Timid/Modest|Serene Grace|31|2|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Wish|Confusion|Rest|Draco Meteor|
|Wi-fi Gift|

TDawg
21st March 2012, 8:21 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/243.gif
#243 Raikou|Rash|Pressure|31|30|30|31|31|31|Ice 70|
|Zap Cannon|Aura Sphere|Extremespeed|Weather Ball|
|Wi-fi Gift|

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/016.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif
#385 Jirachi|Timid/Modest|Serene Grace|31|2|31|30|31|30|Fire 70|
|Wish|Confusion|Rest|Draco Meteor|
|Wi-fi Gift|

Emulator hacked? Just asking because you've been on the emuRNG for a little bit. Either way good job.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
21st March 2012, 1:19 PM
Yes, those wondercards were injected.

Champion Jared 14
21st March 2012, 9:39 PM
I've been reading up on this RNG thing, but there's just one thing I wanted to ask...It does seem a bit complicated, and only achievable after a certain amount of practice...About how long does it take you all to get the desired pokemon that you want with this method??

dewey911p
21st March 2012, 10:06 PM
I've been reading up on this RNG thing, but there's just one thing I wanted to ask...It does seem a bit complicated, and only achievable after a certain amount of practice...About how long does it take you all to get the desired pokemon that you want with this method??

hard to say. it all depends on how many pokemon you want really

The Eleventh
21st March 2012, 10:07 PM
For Gen V RNGing, it takes about ten minutes once you've learnt the process. It's usually a few days to a week until you become quite confident enough to achieve something notable. It only gets easier and more efficient with practice. Just read the guides, and if you've any questions, feel free to ask here.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 10:27 PM
Quick question, I've been looking it up because I want a new project after Soul Silver.

Is there any way to catch Newmoon Island Darkrai without cheating? Outside game manipulation just rubs me the wrong way.

The Eleventh
21st March 2012, 10:38 PM
Is there any way to catch Newmoon Island Darkrai without cheating? Outside game manipulation just rubs me the wrong way.
I believe (don't take this to be completely accurate) that you can find Darkrai on Newmoon Island in DP through tweaking. It's still possible to tweak in Platinum, but I don't think Darkrai appears unless you have received the Member Card. However, the Member Card was never distributed to DP games, so it's still somewhat illegitimate, even though you're staying within the boundaries of the games.

Zevn
21st March 2012, 10:44 PM
I believe (don't take this to be completely accurate) that you can find Darkrai on Newmoon Island in DP through tweaking. It's still possible to tweak in Platinum, but I don't think Darkrai appears unless you have received the Member Card. However, the Member Card was never distributed to DP games, so it's still somewhat illegitimate, even though you're staying within the boundaries of the games.

I've found some guides, including this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKPj4tcybE

It looks like a very insecure method. It just seems silly to wait and hope they put it in another event or game. (not to mention the fact that I like to have a nicknamed version of my pokemon for personal use, alongside the un-nicknamed versions.)

Edit:

Well I guess I could just manipulate to acquire the member card.

:|

Quick thought about RNGing in HG/SS... Do you -really- need to verify with elm calls, couldn't you just see if you hit your seed with roamer locations, and advance your frame with Chatots?

KiltedTrainer
22nd March 2012, 12:28 AM
God I can't even get past setting parameters. How can I get the sweet scent IVs without AR or wi fi to connect to pokecheck on my ds lite? What should my initial parameters be set to if it's my first time using RNG Reporter and I don't know my Timer0?

TDawg
22nd March 2012, 1:02 AM
God I can't even get past setting parameters. How can I get the sweet scent IVs without AR or wi fi to connect to pokecheck on my ds lite? What should my initial parameters be set to if it's my first time using RNG Reporter and I don't know my Timer0?

Yor parameters are where you will find your timer0. You don't need either of those things. Just use the IV Calculator on the reporter (there's a button in the parameter search) and then fill those in with the stats of the pokemon ad click okay and it will fill the min and max for you. You can't RNG without your timer0.

Edit:

Well I guess I could just manipulate to acquire the member card.

Quick thought about RNGing in HG/SS... Do you -really- need to verify with elm calls, couldn't you just see if you hit your seed with roamer locations, and advance your frame with Chatots?

Yeah you can use the roamers, but it's a lot less reliable because the route combinations they can be on are a lot slimmer then the calls, so more delays may have the roamers in the same combination of routes.

If the problem is you haven't visited Kanto yet, then Juggler Irwin works the same way Elm does. He is located on the route right above Goldenrod City.
K = I'm so glad you called
P = How are you?
E = Hearing about your escapades rocks!

There are more sentences to the calls, but those are the beginning sentences.

KiltedTrainer
22nd March 2012, 1:27 AM
Yor parameters are where you will find your timer0. You don't need either of those things. Just use the IV Calculator on the reporter (there's a button in the parameter search) and then fill those in with the stats of the pokemon ad click okay and it will fill the min and max for you. You can't RNG without your timer0.

EDIT: Alright, tried a 3rd time with a good result. Time to begin learning the rest of this... eek. haha.

Zevn
22nd March 2012, 2:42 AM
It looks like I missed my delay, I found out when I double checked my SID at the Goldenrod Wifi Center.

So my target is 15:58:31 [5003]

Pandora's Box gives me a result of {34s} [5165] I am currently unsure how to adjust Eontimer.

TDawg
22nd March 2012, 5:20 AM
It looks like I missed my delay, I found out when I double checked my SID at the Goldenrod Wifi Center.

So my target is 15:58:31 [5003]

Pandora's Box gives me a result of {34s} [5165] I am currently unsure how to adjust Eontimer.

There is a "Delay Hit" box. Fill with the delay you hit and click the "Update" button.

Zevn
22nd March 2012, 5:23 AM
There is a "Delay Hit" box. Fill with the delay you hit and click the "Update" button.

I did that. The seconds box for my next result was still 3 off from the target time, while the delay was closer. Is the seconds box not relevant at this point?

Edit: Alright, so this is definitely wrong.

I hit 5003 at 34 seconds, the target is 31 seconds, the ID at 34 is wrong.

TDawg
22nd March 2012, 6:16 AM
I did that. The seconds box for my next result was still 3 off from the target time, while the delay was closer. Is the seconds box not relevant at this point?

Edit: Alright, so this is definitely wrong.

I hit 5003 at 34 seconds, the target is 31 seconds, the ID at 34 is wrong.

The seconds box is very relevant. You're hitting 3 seconds off? Then instead of 31 in your target seconds put 28. That should account for what you're doing.

Regiultima
22nd March 2012, 7:17 AM
I've got a question about hitting my seed. I put the seconds from the Time Finder in my EonTimer, should I start my EonTimer before or after I save my DS's new time.

Zevn
22nd March 2012, 8:01 AM
The seconds box is very relevant. You're hitting 3 seconds off? Then instead of 31 in your target seconds put 28. That should account for what you're doing.

I am 95% sure I have correctly obtained my desired ID/SID thanks to the adjustments you suggested.

I guess Raikou is still suffering without getting HP Ice 70.

I really can't justify manipulating for the benefit of one, at least not at my first ID/SID manipulation.

Too Funk to Druck
22nd March 2012, 12:50 PM
I've got a question about hitting my seed. I put the seconds from the Time Finder in my EonTimer, should I start my EonTimer before or after I save my DS's new time.

At the same time.

Regiultima
22nd March 2012, 5:38 PM
Two more questions:

1. When I the eontimer and save my DSi time should I turn my DSi off and on again or go to the DSi menu?

2. What if my Eontimer ends during the middle of the main title sequence?

dewey911p
22nd March 2012, 7:58 PM
Two more questions:

1. When I the eontimer and save my DSi time should I turn my DSi off and on again or go to the DSi menu?

2. What if my Eontimer ends during the middle of the main title sequence?

1. It doesnt matter, you just have to load the game when the first timer ends (or soft reset if you prefer)

2. Your delay is to short so pick a higher one, or you doing it to slow so try to go faster :p

KiltedTrainer
23rd March 2012, 5:35 AM
in searching for a shiny PIDRNG seed I like and want to try to hit, why is it that the shiny frame given to me for a seed in time finder keeps not showing up as the same encounter in the clipboard after being pasted?

for example: Searching for a shiny Deino in victory road with 31hp/sp atk/speed, and I find a seed I like with a shiny frame of 67. I put it into the main RNGreporter interface, select calculate beginning pid frame, and it shows me I'll have start frame 47. However, if I scroll down to frame 67, the frame lists a completely different encounter. What might I be doing wrong? are the numbers too close?

Edit, even with seeds with nearby shiny frames in the 200s, in the other readout, they're all over 5000 frames in.

Every single one I put in turns out this way. I must have something off somewhere, I just can't figure out where.

Regiultima
23rd March 2012, 6:04 AM
How long should the EonTimer be for a minimum time to have the correct delay (Wondercard)?

TDawg
23rd March 2012, 6:18 AM
in searching for a shiny PIDRNG seed I like and want to try to hit, why is it that the shiny frame given to me for a seed in time finder keeps not showing up as the same encounter in the clipboard after being pasted?

for example: Searching for a shiny Deino in victory road with 31hp/sp atk/speed, and I find a seed I like with a shiny frame of 67. I put it into the main RNGreporter interface, select calculate beginning pid frame, and it shows me I'll have start frame 47. However, if I scroll down to frame 67, the frame lists a completely different encounter. What might I be doing wrong? are the numbers too close?

Edit, even with seeds with nearby shiny frames in the 200s, in the other readout, they're all over 5000 frames in.

Every single one I put in turns out this way. I must have something off somewhere, I just can't figure out where.

If your ID/SID in entered in the main window, or you have the wrong method.

How long should the EonTimer be for a minimum time to have the correct delay (Wondercard)?

Why not just an actual external clock and sync to your DSi? You won't have to hit a delay, which I don't think there are any in 5th Gen Standard anyways. I suggest this. Even your computer clock will work. Just make sure they are perfectly synced.

KiltedTrainer
23rd March 2012, 7:00 AM
If your ID/SID in entered in the main window, or you have the wrong method.

I have the main window selected for PIDRING and the timefinder for IV with nearest shiny (following JOHNNYD's videos) with the ID/SID in both. Is that incorrect?

Regiultima
23rd March 2012, 7:59 AM
Why not just an actual external clock and sync to your DSi? You won't have to hit a delay, which I don't think there are any in 5th Gen Standard anyways. I suggest this. Even your computer clock will work. Just make sure they are perfectly synced.

The problem is with the amount of seconds I have, the Eontimer ends before I can hit continue. Any possible solutions or should I just keep searching for another seed?

TDawg
23rd March 2012, 8:06 AM
The problem is with the amount of seconds I have, the Eontimer ends before I can hit continue. Any possible solutions or should I just keep searching for another seed?

I just gave you one. A external clock.

Regiultima
23rd March 2012, 8:37 AM
I just gave you one. A external clock.

From what I heard, the Eontimer must be started at the same time as your new DS time so I really don't see how an external clock will help at all.

Zevn
23rd March 2012, 8:43 AM
Looks like you've calibrated incorrectly, or you're trying to hit something too low for your seconds.

Try again.

edit:

Good news Tdawg, I checked my SID at the Goldenrod Wifi center, and this time it is indeed the correct one. Thanks.

Exploits
23rd March 2012, 10:24 AM

That means your target delay is too low. Find a new seed.

Wait, I'm a little confused. What are you trying to do? I read the previous page and you mentioned Wondercard. You can't do Wondercard by using the C-Gear. And there's really no other reason to use the C-Gear unless you're doing Extralink abuse. Or is this for 4th gen?

Regiultima
23rd March 2012, 5:11 PM
I'm using standard 5th Gen Wondercard, my problem was the EonTimer so I guess I'll just keep searching for a new seed.

Exploits
23rd March 2012, 7:14 PM
You don't need EonTimer for Standard.

dewey911p
23rd March 2012, 7:14 PM
I'm using standard 5th Gen Wondercard, my problem was the EonTimer so I guess I'll just keep searching for a new seed.

Whoa wait a minute, If your using standard seed abuse for a 5th gen wondercard why are you even using Eon Timer? Just use a clock like TDwag said and sync the clocks together. You dont need Eon Timer at all.

KiltedTrainer
23rd March 2012, 11:20 PM
when flipping chatots, is it better to do them very quickly or to let them go on fully? will either advance the frame?

PokemonTrader
23rd March 2012, 11:41 PM
It doesn't need to finish for the frame to advance.

Agonist
24th March 2012, 4:38 AM
when flipping chatots, is it better to do them very quickly or to let them go on fully? will either advance the frame?

Do it at a speed you're comfortable with, and don't go so fast you lose track.

some rng abuses i just did

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_5b_240.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Vital Spirit
31 | 10 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Grass 70}
Mach Punch | Flare Blitz | Hidden Power | Fire Blast
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_5b_240.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Vital Spirit
31 | 18 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Mach Punch | Flare Blitz | Hidden Power | Fire Blast
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4a/Spr_5b_235.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Moody
31 | 31 | 31 | 21 | 31 | 31
Sketch
UT @ Lv. 1

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/19/Spr_5b_235_s.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Moody
31 | 31 | 31 | 311 | 31 | 31
Sketch
UT @ Lv. 1 | Nicknamed 'Libidinous'

Non-shiny is female, Shiny is male

edit: not sure why there is a attached image <_<;

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 7:51 AM
Whoa wait a minute, If your using standard seed abuse for a 5th gen wondercard why are you even using Eon Timer? Just use a clock like TDwag said and sync the clocks together. You dont need Eon Timer at all.

I don't know how I could use an external clock with 5th gen RNGing.

TDawg
24th March 2012, 8:12 AM
I don't know how I could use an external clock with 5th gen RNGing.

You just set the time of your ds and the clock at the same time and start your seed according to the time of your external clock.

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 8:16 AM
You just set the time of your ds and the clock at the same time and start your seed according to the time of your external clock.

I think I follow, but just to be sure:

Example: I have a seed at 00:16:34. I set my DS and my external clock to the same time (about 00:14:00 in this case). After that, I wait until 00:16:33 then press the keypresses and a second later I load up my game, right?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 8:53 AM
I think I follow, but just to be sure:

Example: I have a seed at 00:16:34. I set my DS and my external clock to the same time (about 00:14:00 in this case). After that, I wait until 00:16:33 then press the keypresses and a second later I load up my game, right?

Well you have to account for how many seconds it takes your game to boot, which you should have found when getting your parameters (I say this because with a DSi, it's not 1). You should set your time on the minute of the seed, not 2 minutes off because the time you wait accumulates. Now you have to boot your game and then press your keypresses and hold them down until the Game Freak Star Animation pops up.

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 9:06 AM
Well you have to account for how many seconds it takes your game to boot, which you should have found when getting your parameters (I say this because with a DSi, it's not 1). You should set your time on the minute of the seed, not 2 minutes off because the time you wait accumulates. Now you have to boot your game and then press your keypresses and hold them down until the Game Freak Star Animation pops up.

I found out that it takes about 7 seconds from the time I hit the A button to start the game to the moment the first visible words for the game appear on-screen. How should I adjust my times?

P.S: If I could just set my time to the seconds and still have it work, why do I even need an external clock? This I still don't understand.

TDawg
24th March 2012, 9:09 AM
I found out that it takes about 7 seconds from the time I hit the A button to start the game to the moment the first visible words for the game appear on-screen. How should I adjust my times?

P.S: If I could just set my time to the seconds and still have it work, why do I even need an external clock? This I still don't understand.

Minus 7 from your target seconds.

Well how are you supposed to know what second you hit? You must be exact when hitting a seed. That's why you need a external clock when you use a DSi/3DS.

Zevn
24th March 2012, 9:09 AM
So I got a little bored with the pace of my playthrough, so I'm taking a bit of a break. As I have been combing through different ID/SIDs for my next playthrough I can't find one that suits Rayquaza and most of the other legends which prefer Timid.

I quite honestly resent the idea of putting in as much time for the sake of Rayquaza, and Groudon. The second which often prefers Impish to Jolly anyway.

There seem to be quite a bit that provide Bold flawless spreads beside Timid, but nothing else is coming up. Is it possible to get a penta-flawless Jolly spread aside Timid at all?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 9:14 AM
So I got a little bored with the pace of my playthrough, so I'm taking a bit of a break. As I have been combing through different ID/SIDs for my next playthrough I can't find one that suits Rayquaza and most of the other legends which prefer Timid.

I quite honestly resent the idea of putting in as much time for the sake of Rayquaza, and Groudon. The second which often prefers Impish to Jolly anyway.

There seem to be quite a bit that provide Bold flawless spreads beside Timid, but nothing else is coming up. Is it possible to get a penta-flawless Jolly spread aside Timid at all?

This is probably something you will have to play around with. Smogon is better place to ask for this though. Or you can ask Bond697 who has an account here as well.

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 9:21 AM
Just to see that I understand this: I save my DS time on the minute of the time the time finder found (if I can't do it fast enough, I will go back a minute and wait the necessary time. At 1 second before my time to press A, I press my keypresses and at the exact second after the keypresses, I hit the A button to load up on the exact time minus the seven seconds for the game loading.

If that is understood correctly, will i HAVE to go through the ENTIRE opening sequence? Can't I just hit A to skip it or would that ruin everything?

Zevn
24th March 2012, 9:22 AM
This is probably something you will have to play around with. Smogon is better place to ask for this though. Or you can ask Bond697 who has an account here as well.

Thanks, I will do that.

While you're here I wanted to confirm my steps for breeding in SS are correct. <.<

-save in front of the old lady with both parent pokemon in my party
-hit delay (for the sake of this question let's say the shiny egg is on the first egg frame, and I don't have to reject any)
-verify with elm (advancing the frame doesn't matter at this point, correct?)
-put both pokemon in daycare, walk outside, and run around until there's an egg
-save in front of daycare man, take egg, and verify shininess
-after shininess has been verified, turn game off, then back on, and abuse for IVs/Nature with chatot flips

edit@regiul

No you do not need to go through the entire opening sequence.

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 9:25 AM
Almost everything is taken care of except one detail: Does it matter when I press A to skip the title sequence (ex. when the star first appears vs during the opening sequence)?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 9:28 AM
Just to see that I understand this: I save my DS time on the minute of the time the time finder found (if I can't do it fast enough, I will go back a minute and wait the necessary time. At 1 second before my time to press A, I press my keypresses and at the exact second after the keypresses, I hit the A button to load up on the exact time minus the seven seconds for the game loading.

If that is understood correctly, will i HAVE to go through the ENTIRE opening sequence? Can't I just hit A to skip it or would that ruin everything?

Load the game and then hold your keypresses.

Thanks, I will do that.

While you're here I wanted to confirm my steps for breeding in SS are correct. <.<

-save in front of the old lady with both parent pokemon in my party
-hit delay (for the sake of this question let's say the shiny egg is on the first egg frame, and I don't have to reject any)
-verify with elm (advancing the frame doesn't matter at this point, correct?)
-put both pokemon in daycare, walk outside, and run around until there's an egg
-save in front of daycare man, take egg, and verify shininess
-after shininess has been verified, turn game off, then back on, and abuse for IVs/Nature with chatot flips

Sounds like you got it. You should just advance the frame with Elm calls though because you will probably use a low frame seed anyways to the point where Chatots are pointless. I usually go for a seed with a frame of about 10.

Almost everything is taken care of except one detail: Does it matter when I press A to skip the title sequence (ex. when the star first appears vs during the opening sequence)?

No it doesn't.

Zevn
24th March 2012, 9:29 AM

No.

It matters when you load the save file, and when you SR.

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 9:30 AM
No.

Ok, new info to me. When should I load my save file and what does SR have to do with this RNG?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 9:31 AM
No.

He shouldn't be SRing though. He's doing a 5th Gen WC.

Zevn
24th March 2012, 9:38 AM
He shouldn't be SRing though. He's doing a 5th Gen WC.

My mistake, I thought he was doing gen 4.

Thanks, I'm still not too near to trying it unfortunately. There are a few things I really want to have, that are not obtainable legitimately in gen 5.

Drain Punch/Ice Punch/Shadow Sneak/Bulk Up 31/31/31/x/31/31 Careful Gallade
Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Roost/Swords Dance 31/31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Scizor
Brave Bird/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind/Roost 31/31/31/x/31/31 Impish Skarmory
Outrage/Earthquake/Fire Blast/U-Turn 31/31/31/~30/31/31 Jolly Flygon

Regiultima
24th March 2012, 9:42 AM
Does it matter when I load the save file or is that also 4th Gen only?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 9:43 AM
My mistake, I thought he was doing gen 4.

Thanks, I'm still not too near to trying it unfortunately. There are a few things I really want to have, that are not obtainable legitimately in gen 5.

Drain Punch/Ice Punch/Shadow Sneak/Bulk Up 31/31/31/x/31/31 Careful Gallade
Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Roost/Swords Dance 31/31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Scizor
Brave Bird/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind/Roost 31/31/31/x/31/31 Impish Skarmory
Outrage/Earthquake/Fire Blast/U-Turn 31/31/31/~30/31/31 Jolly Flygon

All great breeds. You just probably throw in a Mamoswine with Superpower/Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock/Endeavor as well :P. But anyways remember you can always use Juggler Irwin to confirm you frame, so you don't have to get the requirements from Elm. I myself have not used Elm yet.

Zevn
24th March 2012, 9:56 AM

I know nothing of what you're attempting to do. I was mistaken, and under the impression you were trying to hit a gen4 delay.

All great breeds. You just probably throw in a Mamoswine with Superpower/Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock/Endeavor as well :P. But anyways remember you can always use Juggler Irwin to confirm you frame, so you don't have to get the requirements from Elm. I myself have not used Elm yet.

It is likely, those four were off the top of my head, and are personal favorites. I will probably compile a list of gen 4 only moves, and pick up most of the users that are the most competitively suited to them on each play-through.

TDawg
24th March 2012, 10:02 AM

It does matter because that's when your seed is generated. Guides can always help understand this information more clearly.

Vandslaux
24th March 2012, 6:34 PM
What's a good spread to go for when RNGing SS IDs? Shiny Timid HP Fire spread looks interesting, as it lets me RNG shiny Latis, which have always been basically a dream shiny of mine, but it doesn't look usable for anything else other than maybe an HP Fire wild Gastly. HP Grass also looks interesting (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Zapdos, Moltres), as does Jolly for Groudon and Rayquaza.

The Eleventh
24th March 2012, 6:43 PM
What's a good spread to go for when RNGing SS IDs? Shiny Timid HP Fire spread looks interesting, as it lets me RNG shiny Latis, which have always been basically a dream shiny of mine, but it doesn't look usable for anything else other than maybe an HP Fire wild Gastly. HP Grass also looks interesting (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Zapdos, Moltres), as does Jolly for Groudon and Rayquaza.
HP Grass will give you the most options, I'd say. Go for whatever you'd like the most, though.

Vandslaux
24th March 2012, 7:49 PM
Safari Zone abuse looks confusing. Is it really worth it?

The Eleventh
24th March 2012, 7:52 PM
Safari Zone abuse looks confusing. Is it really worth it?
It's only worth it if you want to possess flawless Pokémon in Safari Balls, since those Pokémon can be bred with often important egg moves.

Vandslaux
24th March 2012, 7:54 PM
I get it, but.. the encounter slots look so hard to calculate. Apparently, adding blocks and causing other pokemon to appear bumps up the pokemon's encounter slot?

TDawg
24th March 2012, 8:27 PM
I get it, but.. the encounter slots look so hard to calculate. Apparently, adding blocks and causing other pokemon to appear bumps up the pokemon's encounter slot?

Yeah, but it's in a weird fashion.

EDIT: TROLOLOLOLOL:O I hate this guy.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/greatball.pnghttp://serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/245.png★
Bold | Pressure | UT @ Lv. 40 | Non-Redis
31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 | Electric 70
Sleep Talk

Used a rebattle code because this seed that I didn't even abuse for to be shiny popped up.

Jr Breshears
25th March 2012, 12:14 AM
TDawg why not bold if you have a timid and was looking for a bold?

EmiiLava
25th March 2012, 12:57 AM
First 5th Gen RNG in a while since RNG reporter has been tempermental....

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/lavaburst14/147.gif
"Glow torch" the shiny Dratini
Careful | Marvel Scale (DW) | UT @ Lv.1 |
31 | 31 | 31 | x | 31 | 31 | Extreme Speed
(Parashuffler set)

She's for my new team :D

Zevn
25th March 2012, 1:26 AM
Taking all bets on how many premier balls it will take to catch 1HP sleeping Lugia!

This is going to be my first RNG since finishing ID/SID manipulation. ^_^

first try: Lugia died from Struggle after 54

TDawg
25th March 2012, 2:12 AM
TDawg why not bold if you have a timid and was looking for a bold?

That was a big typo lol. It is Bold!:D I already had a Timid one :P

Zevn
25th March 2012, 2:32 AM
Oh, and Tdawg.

The roamers work fine, I'm always on the right second within 10 of my target so basically I see something like this:

39 46
30 33
30 34
45 39
39 45

You get the idea.

Typhlosion X
25th March 2012, 2:40 AM
Back to RNGing after a short break, got Cressy done. Giratina's next.

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/488.png
#488 Cresselia http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/014.png
Timid / Female / Levitate / Lvl 50 UT
Mist / Aurora Beam / Future Sight / Slash
(Diamond RNG)

Any good tutor moves I should give it? And any ideas on what ball goes best with shiny Giratina?

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 3:17 AM
I'm really confused on RNGing HGSS IDs. I've hit my delay several times, but when I plug the IDs I get into Time Finder, the seed isn't shiny. My calibrated delay is 680, to make up for the time when I'm shrinking. At the end of the second timer, I should be pressing A after Oak says "See you later!", correct?

Just wondering, do you guys use Rebattle codes for getting different balls? Thinking about Friend Ball, Nest Ball, and Premier Ball for my Latios, and just Premier Ball for Latias, as there really isn't any bright yellow balls barring Park Ball, which can't be obtained ingame.

Zevn
25th March 2012, 3:21 AM
I'm really confused on RNGing HGSS IDs. I've hit my delay several times, but when I plug the IDs I get into Time Finder, the seed isn't shiny. My calibrated delay is 680, to make up for the time when I'm shrinking. At the end of the second timer, I should be pressing A after Oak says "See you later!", correct?

Just wondering, do you guys use Rebattle codes for getting different balls? Thinking about Friend Ball, Nest Ball, and Premier Ball for my Latios, and just Premier Ball for Latias, as there really isn't any bright yellow balls barring Park Ball, which can't be obtained ingame.

Here's something that might be useful:

my info
Calibrated Delay: 465 [when hitting ID/SID seed 627]
Target Delay: 5003 [to allow character creation time]
Target Seconds: 31 [changed this to 28s to correctly hit 31s after consistently hitting 34s]

After you are hitting the correct seconds, is when I suggest altering your delays.

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 3:37 AM
Pandora's Box tells me one thing, Seed to Time gives me another, in both delays (it's always 12 off) and seconds. And I'm hitting 28, but my target is 59. Would I adjust to 30, as well as changing my minute one ahead?

Zevn
25th March 2012, 3:41 AM
I think you're wrong, unless you're making a huge mistake somewhere in the process... I just don't see how you can get ~30 seconds off your target second.

And you do not alter your calibrated seconds, you alter your target seconds.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3923823&postcount=2

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 3:52 AM
Lol.. now I found a seed where Pandora's Box and Seed to Time actually match up for delay.

Typhlosion X
25th March 2012, 5:33 AM
And with these two, all of the Sinnoh legends on Diamond are RNGed. Might RNG Riley's Riolu next, what method is it?

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/487.png
#487 Giratina http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/002.png
Modest / Genderless / Pressure / Lvl 70 UT
Shadow Force / Heal Block / Earth Power / Slash
(Diamond RNG)

http://serebii.net/Shiny/DP/486.png
#486 Regigigas http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.png
Relaxed / Genderless / Slow Start / Lvl 70 UT
31 / 26 / 25 / 10 / 31 / 0
Confuse Ray / Stomp / Superpower / Zen Headbutt
I don't know what compelled me to do this. Regigigas sucks no matter what you do with it, but do I get points for being original with a super gimmick? Relaxed Trick Room support/defense oriented Regigigas.

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 5:35 AM
Riolu is method 1.

And I thought your shiny PID was Timid. Wouldn't bringing in a Modest syncher change around the PID or something, and make it not shiny?

Typhlosion X
25th March 2012, 6:01 AM
No, the two spreads I RNGed my IDs for have the same PID. I just have to use a different date + a synch if I want Timid. I think the Modest one should be familiar to you, if it's what you used for your Dialga. I just wish we weren't so limited with the flawless low-frame spreads.

Straight from PokeRNG:
PID: 7942EF72 (Modest, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: 52140289, delay: 637 (year: 2012), method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, HP: Dark 70
PID: 7942EF72 (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: D2140289, delay: 637 (year: 2012), method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, HP: Dark 70

Zevn
25th March 2012, 6:05 AM
Speaking of Dialga, anyone have some convenient info on RNGing the Sinjoh Ruins in game event?

Alright, so I verified that Raikou is the flawless shiny timid spread I wanted after KOing him and beating the E4 for the first time on this file.

If I leave him be, but repeat a similar process for the other two, he will remain uneffected yes?

Hydregion
25th March 2012, 7:26 AM
YES! I finally got a Flawless Suicune HP Electric.

TDawg
25th March 2012, 7:34 AM
Speaking of Dialga, anyone have some convenient info on RNGing the Sinjoh Ruins in game event?

Alright, so I verified that Raikou is the flawless shiny timid spread I wanted after KOing him and beating the E4 for the first time on this file.

If I leave him be, but repeat a similar process for the other two, he will remain uneffected yes?

Just RNG them like any other pokemon. They are method 1.

Yes.

Lifeline
25th March 2012, 8:32 AM
Hi, wonderful rngers with all the info!

I'm desperate for a hp flying thundurus (that isn't shiny), but the whole shifting starting frame just confuses the hell out of me.
Is this what I'm supposed to do?
record the natures and characteristics of thundurus, starting with 0 chatters going up by increments of 10
take the first nature one, look for a frame that matches (starting at around 550 because I have no weather), then find a pid/multiple pids that match it after doing that mod 6 and hexagon thing
then do the same for following frames, and pray that a pattern comes up?

and once I have my assumed ssf, how do I know how many chatters to get to a timid frame if the rain is so unpredictable?
or is it just easier to keep going up the chatters by 10 until I get a timid one, because I'm not looking for a shiny on a particular frame?

TDawg
25th March 2012, 8:36 AM
Hi, wonderful rngers with all the info!

I'm desperate for a hp flying thundurus that isnt shiny, but the whole shifting starting frame just confuses the hell out of me.
Is this what I'm supposed to do?
record the natures and characteristics of thundurus, starting with 0 chatters going up by increments of 10
take the first nature one, look for a frame that matches (starting at around 550 because I have no weather), then find a pid/multiple pids that match it after doing that mod 6 and hexagon thing
then do the same for following frames, and pray that a pattern comes up?

and once I have my assumed ssf, how do I know how many chatters to get to my frame if the rain is so unpredictable?
or is it just easier to keep going up the chatters by 10 until I get a timid one, because I'm not looking for a shiny on a particular frame?

I think you have the hang of things. When trying to hit your frame you just have to keep trying because the rain is so unpredictable, but you really do have the hang of it.

Anyways...

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/loveball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/249.png★
#249 Lugia | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | -
Bold | Pressure | UT @ Lv. 45 | Non-Redis
Roost

Zevn
25th March 2012, 8:43 AM
I didn't save my Bold syncher from my last save file.

And thanks, I was just curious about when it's spread was generated because of the whole cinematic stuff that happens when you bring arceus to the platform.

TDawg
25th March 2012, 9:00 AM
I didn't save my Bold syncher from my last save file.

And thanks, I was just curious about when it's spread was generated because of the whole cinematic stuff that happens when you bring arceus to the platform.

Yeah I was worried about that when I RNGed my Dialga, only to find out it's like any other RNG. You can even call Elm from there.

Zevn
25th March 2012, 9:26 AM
Yeah I was worried about that when I RNGed my Dialga, only to find out it's like any other RNG. You can even call Elm from there.

That's a relief.

I need to learn how to RNG wild pokemon, because the idea of trying to catch an abra with Bold synch is unsettling.

Encounter slots... and otherwise the same as stationary if using a sweet scenter?

TDawg
25th March 2012, 9:28 AM
That's a relief.

I need to learn how to RNG wild pokemon, because the idea of trying to catch an abra with Bold synch is unsettling.

Encounter slots... and otherwise the same as stationary if using a sweet scenter?

Yeah 4th Gen is pretty much the same in every way.

Zevn
25th March 2012, 9:33 AM
Yeah 4th Gen is pretty much the same in every way.

Well then.

I guess my next project will be tweaking to Newmoon Island in Diamond. (if you can do this on a DSi)

...would be after my egg project anyway though.

TDawg
25th March 2012, 9:52 AM
Well then.

I guess my next project will be tweaking to Newmoon Island in Diamond. (if you can do this on a DSi)

...would be after my egg project anyway though.

Good luck. I heard it can take hours.

Zevn
25th March 2012, 10:05 AM
Good luck. I heard it can take hours.

Well, it's better than the alternative.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/381.gif
|Dragon Pulse|Calm Mind|Surf|Recover|
|Route 7|Mischievous|
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/249.gif
#249 Lugia|Timid|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|
|Ice Beam|Toxic|Reflect|Roost|
|Whirl Islands|Mischievous|

Raikou, Entei, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and Suicune (as soon as I get a Bold synch), all benefit from this spread. It's too bad for Groudon and Rayquaza... which I will probably grab flawless non-shiny, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Dialga.

So I am having a hard time deciding which is a less legitimate course of action. I want a Darkrai of mine. The choices are:

-Tweak Diamond/Pearl to glitch my way to Newmoon Island. This method can corrupt the file completely.
-AR a member card on Platinum.

To be honest, I'm not really comfortable with either... but event Darkrai can't be nicknamed even if they released a new one over gen 5, and I know it's a bit obsessive, but everything I use on my actual teams is named.

______

On another note, I'm trying to compile a list of all the pokemon I should breed on this file.

AquaRegisteel
25th March 2012, 12:54 PM
I'd do the tweaking method, It's pretty much legit as it is within the games coding to be honest.

Zevn
25th March 2012, 1:01 PM
I'd do the tweaking method, It's pretty much legit as it is within the games coding to be honest.

I still haven't found a definitive answer on whether that works on the DSi. I know it doesn't work on Platinum.

The Eleventh
25th March 2012, 4:23 PM
I still haven't found a definitive answer on whether that works on the DSi. I know it doesn't work on Platinum.
It doesn't matter what DS model you have. It can be done in Platinum; it's just harder to do.

Regarding your previous question, neither methods are particularly legitimate in DP because the Member Card was never made available for those games, meaning Darkrai cannot be legitimately caught in DP.

Lifeline
25th March 2012, 7:09 PM
I think you have the hang of things. When trying to hit your frame you just have to keep trying because the rain is so unpredictable, but you really do have the hang of it.

Anyways...

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/loveball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/249.png★
#249 Lugia | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | -
Bold | Pressure | UT @ Lv. 45 | Non-Redis
Roost

Thanks, but after taking down all sorts of potential frames, (even starting at 300 and ending at 1000, way outside the general range for clear weather frames) I can't seem to find any reliable pattern.
Generally what is the difference in frames after chattering 10, then 20, 30 etc. times? and how much does the pattern usually fluctuate by?

Too Funk to Druck
25th March 2012, 7:12 PM
It doesn't matter what DS model you have. It can be done in Platinum; it's just harder to do.

Regarding your previous question, neither methods are particularly legitimate in DP because the Member Card was never made available for those games, meaning Darkrai cannot be legitimately caught in DP.

While tweaking can be done in Platinum, you can't catch any Pokemon with it because you need the event items.

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 7:22 PM
Honestly, using an AR to get Member Card would be basically the same as injecting a wondercard.

And I'm still RNGing my IDs, and when I hit my delay, I hit second 4, my target second is 59. I would set my target second to 54 then, correct?

EDIT: Hit my delay again, second 56. Still off, but it's closer.. trying 57 now.

Too Funk to Druck
25th March 2012, 7:41 PM
Honestly, using an AR to get Member Card would be basically the same as injecting a wondercard.

And I'm still RNGing my IDs, and when I hit my delay, I hit second 4, my target second is 59. I would set my target second to 54 then, correct?

Yeah, that's right.

TDawg
25th March 2012, 7:51 PM
Thanks, but after taking down all sorts of potential frames, (even starting at 300 and ending at 1000, way outside the general range for clear weather frames) I can't seem to find any reliable pattern.
Generally what is the difference in frames after chattering 10, then 20, 30 etc. times? and how much does the pattern usually fluctuate by?

It can be 1, 2, 3, and so on, but it can also just be 10 frame advancements.

Vandslaux
25th March 2012, 7:51 PM
Finally, this is going to be over soon. I've found the correct second, and I'm consistently hitting a delay close to my target.

EDIT: finished RNGing my IDs, and found a nice 28/31/29/0/31/31 Adamant spread for Totodile.

Typhlosion X
25th March 2012, 8:46 PM
Three more RNGs, and now all that's left in Gen IV are some breeds I've been meaning to do with 4th gen exclusive moves, and to tutor the lot of RNGs I did this weekend before sending them to my Black version. And TDawg, that's one hot Lugia. Nothing screams awesome like a pink shiny legendary.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/479.png
#479 Rotom http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
Modest / Levitate / Genderless / Lvl 15 UT, Old Chateau Rotom
ThunderShock / Confuse Ray / Uproar / Double Team
(Diamond RNG)

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/447.png
#447 Riolu
Modest / Steadfast / Male / Riley's Riolu Lvl 1 UT