PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

jolteon135
6th August 2011, 10:19 PM
So since i already calibrated once evertime i want to rng i just go straight to time finder and input the pokemon i want?

Yes. Click on "5th gen DS parameters" in the time finder and you should see your parameters are saved in there. Just remember to choose 2 or 3 keypresses every time you open RNG reporter. Keypresses increase the chance of finding a seed in a given month without having to search a million months/years.

Metagross-
6th August 2011, 10:29 PM
http://static.pokemonvortex.org/images/pokemon/Shiny%20Larvitar.gif
NN: (none) / Boy
Hatched @: Lacunosa Town / 12/1/2011 / Jolly / Quick to Flee
31 / 31 / 31 / 0 / 31 / 31
Moves: Dragon Dance / Outrage / Leer / Payback

just got it bro.
going to get a Storm Drain Gastrodon for a trade next.

Grats! Good luck! :D

DerpFloon0089
6th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Alright so a quick question. If you are PIDRNGing for a stationary pokemon, does it matter what the encounter slot is?
I viewed the encounter slot tables and it looks like its for wild pokemon.

Winter02
6th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Alright so a quick question. If you are PIDRNGing for a stationary pokemon, does it matter what the encounter slot is?
I viewed the encounter slot tables and it looks like its for wild pokemon.
Encounter slots does not matter for stationary Pokemon.

Poke16Freak
6th August 2011, 11:19 PM
Encounter slots does not matter for stationary Pokemon.

alright i just found a seed that is
frame 1 nearby shiny 57 encounter slot 0
what do i do next to get that seed to work im going for a wild pokemon

jolteon135
6th August 2011, 11:32 PM
alright i just found a seed that is
frame 1 nearby shiny 57 encounter slot 0
what do i do next to get that seed to work im going for a wild pokemon

How do I Hit The Seed?
Set the DS date to the date that RNG reporter gives you in the time finder. Set the clock to the time that RNG reporter gives you. After setting the time, quickly turn off the game and turn it back on. Watch the seconds hand on the DS clock and wait for the correct second. Press A to start up the game 1 second before the time that RNG reporter gives you. I.E. If RNG reporter tells you to start at 7/23/2011 and 8:32:22 you would set the date to 7/23/2011, set the clock to 8:32, turn off/on and wait for the seconds hand to hit 21 and press A to start up the game as soon as the seconds hand hits 21.

Where and How do I Hold Keypresses?
Keypresses are held immediately after you start up the game from the DS menu menu. Start up the game by pressing A 1 second before the time RNG reporter gives, let go of A immediately and hold the required keypresses until the gamefreak logo comes on.

How do I Find my Actual Starting PID Frame?
This is the tricky part.Your actual starting PID frame is usually slightly higher than the calculated initial PID frame that RNG reporter gives you because of the NPCs (unless you're in an area with no NPCs). To find it you must hit your seed, enter the game without turning on the c-gear, let the seasons message fade by itself. While the seasons message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as quickly as possible. Then sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Check it's IVs to see if you hit your seed. If you did hit your seed look at the list of PID frames and look for a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PID frame" that matches the caught Pokemon. The matching frame will have the same nature, ability, encounter slot etc. That's your actual starting PID frame. Turn off the game without saving and redo it to get your target PID frame.
Note*: If you're using a synchronizer, put another Pokemon first in your party after you open the menu. The synchronizer will only complicate things when you're trying to find your actual starting PID frame.

How do I Hit my Target PID Frame?
Once you've found your actual starting PID frame, hit your seed again, let the season message fade by itself. While the season message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as soon as it fades. This time you view Chatot's summary the appropriate number of times to advance from your actual starting frame to your target frame. Remember each view of Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 so target frame-actual starting frame=the number of times you need to view Chatot's summary before sweet scenting.

Also frame 57 could be too low if you're in an area with NPCs. Generally you should aim for 60+. You can give it a try but if your actual starting frame is higher than 57 you'll have to find another seed.

MSK
6th August 2011, 11:43 PM
Yes!! Finally managed to get the PIDRNG advancement down :)
I think my problem was I had transferred my Chatot from another cart, even though I was listening to the chatter it didn't seem to be advancing at all. So I rerecorded a new chatter and worked perfectly :)
Just got a Shiny Hardy Cobalion 8/31/31/5/29/31. I know not the best IV's but it's for shiny collector purposes rather than battling.
So now to hunt down all the other legends. Then I can get back to making a competitive team for next years VGC.

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 12:43 AM
How do I Hit The Seed?
Set the DS date to the date that RNG reporter gives you in the time finder. Set the clock to the time that RNG reporter gives you. After setting the time, quickly turn off the game and turn it back on. Watch the seconds hand on the DS clock and wait for the correct second. Press A to start up the game 1 second before the time that RNG reporter gives you. I.E. If RNG reporter tells you to start at 7/23/2011 and 8:32:22 you would set the date to 7/23/2011, set the clock to 8:32, turn off/on and wait for the seconds hand to hit 21 and press A to start up the game as soon as the seconds hand hits 21.

Keypresses are held immediately after you start up the game from the DS menu menu. Start up the game by pressing A 1 second before the time RNG reporter gives, let go of A immediately and hold the required keypresses until the gamefreak logo comes on.

This is the tricky part.Your actual starting PID frame is usually slightly higher than the calculated initial PID frame that RNG reporter gives you because of the NPCs (unless you're in an area with no NPCs). To find it you must hit your seed, enter the game without turning on the c-gear, let the seasons message fade by itself. While the seasons message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as quickly as possible. Then sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Check it's IVs to see if you hit your seed. If you did hit your seed look at the list of PID frames and look for a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PID frame" that matches the caught Pokemon. The matching frame will have the same nature, ability, encounter slot etc. That's your actual starting PID frame. Turn off the game without saving and redo it to get your target PID frame.
Note*: If you're using a synchronizer, put another Pokemon first in your party after you open the menu. The synchronizer will only complicate things when you're trying to find your actual starting PID frame.

Once you've found your actual starting PID frame, hit your seed again, let the season message fade by itself. While the season message is fading press the X button rapidly to bring up the menu as soon as it fades. This time you view Chatot's summary the appropriate number of times to advance from your actual starting frame to your target frame. Remember each view of Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 so target frame-actual starting frame=the number of times you need to view Chatot's summary before sweet scenting.

Also frame 57 could be too low if you're in an area with NPCs. Generally you should aim for 60+. You can give it a try but if your actual starting frame is higher than 57 you'll have to find another seed.

im going to try and rng a shiny dwebble will the sandstorm mess up the frame or no?

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 12:45 AM
im going to try and rng a shiny dwebble will the sandstorm mess up the frame or no?

Yes it will. To get rid of weather save in the area you want to RNG in. Set the date 1 month forward. Enter the game and battle something, after the battle the weather will be gone. Then you can save and RNG.

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 1:02 AM
Yes it will. To get rid of weather save in the area you want to RNG in. Set the date 1 month forward. Enter the game and battle something, after the battle the weather will be gone. Then you can save and RNG.

even in the place where u can catch sandile and scraggy? i cant think of the name its close to nimbasa city

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 1:11 AM
even in the place where u can catch sandile and scraggy? i cant think of the name its close to nimbasa city

Try it and find out...

EDIT:

where do i find my starting frame and is my target frame the one in the time finder where it says nearby shiny
How do I Find a Desired PID Frame?
Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.
Look for a PID frame that gives you what you desire (nature, ability, encounter slot etec). That will be your target PID frame. If you searched for a shiny in the time finder the number under "nearby shiny" is your target PID frame.

How do I Hit The Seed?

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 2:20 AM
Try it and find out...

EDIT:

How do I Find a Desired PID Frame?
Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.
Look for a PID frame that gives you what you desire (nature, ability, encounter slot etec). That will be your target PID frame. If you searched for a shiny in the time finder the number under "nearby shiny" is your target PID frame.

i did all that and it didnt work i wonder if im not doing the correct amount of chatot flips whats is the equation for this because im doing this
target frame - initial frame- starting frame +1

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 2:24 AM
i did all that and it didnt work i wonder if im not doing the correct amount of chatot flips whats is the equation for this because im doing this
target frame - initial frame- starting frame +1

You found your actual starting frame? Your actual starting frame is not necessarily the starting frame RNG reporter gives you. You have to figure it out yourself.
Read my previous post. It explains how to find your actual starting frame.

EDIT: Also your IV frame should be 1. Under frame in the time finder it should say 1.

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 2:31 AM
You found your actual starting frame? Your actual starting frame is not necessarily the starting frame RNG reporter gives you. You have to figure it out yourself.
Read my previous post. It explains how to find your actual starting frame.

EDIT: Also your IV frame should be 1. Under frame in the time finder it should say 1.

o ok alright i get it and yes my iv frame was 1 but how come i found a shiny frame on time finder and when i tried to hit it the pokemon wasnt shiny it was regular color. i didnt copy and paste the seed because i wanted to see if i could hit my time finder seed first.

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 2:41 AM
o ok alright i get it and yes my iv frame was 1 but how come i found a shiny frame on time finder and when i tried to hit it the pokemon wasnt shiny it was regular color. i didnt copy and paste the seed because i wanted to see if i could hit my time finder seed first.

*sigh* IVs are controlled by the IVRNG. Nature, ability, encounter slot, gender, shininess are all controlled by the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV frame) does not give you your shiny. It just gives you a Pokemon with the right IVs. You need to find your starting PID frame then reset, redo it and advance to your target PID frame (via Chatot).

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 2:50 AM
*sigh* IVs are controlled by the IVRNG. Nature, ability, encounter slot, gender, shininess are all controlled by the PIDRNG. Hitting your seed (IV frame) does not give you your shiny. It just gives you a Pokemon with the right IVs. You need to find your starting PID frame then reset, redo it and advance to your target PID frame (via Chatot).

o yea u told me that already and so the equation for the chatots flips is pid frame- starting frame or????

Zenotwapal
7th August 2011, 2:52 AM
o yea u told me that already and so the equation for the chatots flips is pid frame- starting frame or????

YES.
sorry for that

Poke16Freak
7th August 2011, 2:58 AM
YES.
sorry for that

sorry for what and alright thanks

TDawg
7th August 2011, 5:51 AM
*Sigh* I couldn't find a shiny flawless Jolly Landorus seed I ended up getting a normal Flawless Jolly Landorus

Aeros
7th August 2011, 6:24 AM
Got him:

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_shiny/235.png
31/X/31/X/31/31
Technician / Jolly
Hatched at Village Bridge
Move 1: Sketch

Before anyone says anything about the atk and sp.atk, I don't really need them for the set i'm going to use. This is going to be passing shell smashes and setting up sweeps.
And before I forget: Thanks tarro for the help!

Metagross-
7th August 2011, 6:28 AM
Grats Aeros!!
Im going through black and on the 4th gym.

Zenotwapal
7th August 2011, 6:30 AM
Got him:

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_shiny/235.png
31/X/31/X/31/31
Technician / Jolly
Hatched at Village Bridge
Move 1: Sketch

Before anyone says anything about the atk and sp.atk, I don't really need them for the set i'm going to use. This is going to be passing shell smashes and setting up sweeps.
And before I forget: Thanks tarro for the help!
Niiiiiiiccccceeee Aeros.

You're going to rape with that Shell Smash.

Nice job; keep it up

Kailassa
7th August 2011, 7:32 AM
I downloaded mine off of PokeCheck! It is a shiny Flawless Ditto! Credit to the original owner!

Edit: I just encouuntered the shiny Musharna! Woot! First try! Did 2 less because the PID frame always goes up by 2 for me...

Good luck with that. I hope it's genuine. However a lot of pokes on Pokecheck are badly made hacks. If the PID does not match the poke's characteristics, it will not breed true.

A guy on another forum was giving out perfect Ditto clones(beribboned) he claimed to have RNG'd in Giant Chasm. Believing him, I gratefully accepted one and started breeding. However when it held a power lens, all offspring hatched with a special attack of 27.

That's what spurred me on to RNGing. Now I know for certain my perfect Dittos are genuine.

Aeros
7th August 2011, 2:48 PM
Grats Aeros!!
Im going through black and on the 4th gym.
thanks and good luck in black.

Niiiiiiiccccceeee Aeros.
You're going to rape with that Shell Smash.
Nice job; keep it up
haha thanks.

Anyway, so Terrakion's my next target. I've been having a few problems though - and they're kinda weird.

So #1, the frames on the shiny don't match up. When I originally found my spread on the time finder, the nearby shiny frame was on 129. But when I put it into the main screen of RNG reporter with the PIDRNG method up, the shiny frame is on 127. I'm confused about which to use.

#2, before I realized the first problem, I tried to get the Terrakion. Everything's right but the shinyness. The ivs and the nature were right on. But since nature and shinyness are determined by the same rng, what's going on? I'm thinking that the problem starts with the walking part. I have to hit a frame of 13 - so that's 256 steps with 6 pokemon. Since it takes more than one repel, I have to go into the bag and use another one. Would that screw it up? Or is this an rng reporter problem?

Kailassa
7th August 2011, 3:19 PM
Since it takes more than one repel, I have to go into the bag and use another one. Would that screw it up?
No, speaking from experience, going back into your bag for more repels doesn't screw it up.

Sorry I don't know enough to help you with the rest.

Shinepoke
7th August 2011, 4:18 PM
thanks and good luck in black.

haha thanks.

Anyway, so Terrakion's my next target. I've been having a few problems though - and they're kinda weird.

So #1, the frames on the shiny don't match up. When I originally found my spread on the time finder, the nearby shiny frame was on 129. But when I put it into the main screen of RNG reporter with the PIDRNG method up, the shiny frame is on 127. I'm confused about which to use.

#2, before I realized the first problem, I tried to get the Terrakion. Everything's right but the shinyness. The ivs and the nature were right on. But since nature and shinyness are determined by the same rng, what's going on? I'm thinking that the problem starts with the walking part. I have to hit a frame of 13 - so that's 256 steps with 6 pokemon. Since it takes more than one repel, I have to go into the bag and use another one. Would that screw it up? Or is this an rng reporter problem?

I don't see why you just leave iv frame at 1 and advance pid frames by chatot.that way you can just start up the game, look at chatots summary for # of times and then click a and there he is!

||Caboose||
7th August 2011, 5:14 PM
How do you find your shifted starting frame with stationary/wild pokemon? I know how to do this with eggs, but I never tried it on Landorus.

Shinepoke
7th August 2011, 5:43 PM
How do you find your shifted starting frame with stationary/wild pokemon? I know how to do this with eggs, but I never tried it on Landorus.

It's not that different from eggs. You have to first hit your seed spam X, look at chatots summary, then spam A to battle him, catch him(I just throw my masterball), see what frame I hit and then subtract my target and my frame I hit and then add 1.Then hard reset and then chatot how many times needed and then battle him.

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 7:08 PM
umm...you realize 256 steps in an area with wild Pokemon advances the PIDRNG by approximately 2*256=512? You're no where near 127 or 129 after that many steps.

Kailassa
7th August 2011, 7:44 PM
umm...you realize 256 steps in an area with wild Pokemon advances the PIDRNG by approximately 2*256=512? You're no where near 127 or 129 after that many steps.
I noticed the opening post, under PID FRAME ADVANCEMENT, states:

-Turning AND walking BOTH advance the PID FRAME by 2. Walking one step will increase the PID FRAME by 2. Turning in place one time will increase the PID FRAME by 2.

Could this be edited to add that this only applies in areas with wild pokemon, if this is the case? - I take it the stationary legends are not classed as wild pokemon.Perhaps it should be:

-Turning AND walking, in areas with wild pokemon, BOTH advance the PID FRAME by 2. Walking one step will increase the PID FRAME by 2. Turning in place one time will increase the PID FRAME by 2.

I'm not trying to be picky. I'd just like to be helpful if I can. I really appreciate the effort you and the other RNGers here are putting into this thread, and I'm finding the advice given most useful.

Nephos
7th August 2011, 7:46 PM
Hi i was wondering which method i would need to actually follow in all the ones given for pokemon white on the 3ds for making pokemon with dream world abilities?

Metagross-
7th August 2011, 7:51 PM
You need to use the c-gear method. Check the OP.

Kailassa
7th August 2011, 8:17 PM
Hi i was wondering which method i would need to actually follow in all the ones given for pokemon white on the 3ds for making pokemon with dream world abilities?
Well if you want to make them, you need some sort of hacking program.

However I assume, as you're posting here, you want to find a way to catch legitimate, game generated pokemon. In that case, you're stuck with the C-Gear method, and I'm as eager as you to learn this, as I've got over 100 dream world pokes in my entree forests.

The C-Gear method is both the only method you can use on the DSi/3DS, and the only method you can use on Pokemon in the entree forest.

But, if you're just as happy to RNG pokemon bred with dream world abilities, it would be worth picking up a DS Lite - easy enough to get cheaply second hand - and using that for your RNGing. That way you can get use the DW pokemon you catch to breed perfect shiny DW pokes of your preferred nature. The C-Gear method can only help with IVs, it can't help you find shinies or natures.

The one advantage of RNGing DW pokes from entree forest is that some have moves which cannot be acquired by level-up or breeding. If you want a perfect DW Vulpix with Dark Pulse, for example, you need to RNG it.

Nephos
7th August 2011, 8:27 PM
Well if you want to make them, you need some sort of hacking program.

However I assume, as you're posting here, you want to find a way to catch legitimate, game generated pokemon. In that case, you're stuck with the C-Gear method, and I'm as eager as you to learn this, as I've got over 100 dream world pokes in my entree forests.

The C-Gear method is both the only method you can use on the DSi/3DS, and the only method you can use on Pokemon in the entree forest.

But, if you're just as happy to RNG pokemon bred with dream world abilities, it would be worth picking up a DS Lite - easy enough to get cheaply second hand - and using that for your RNGing. That way you can get use the DW pokemon you catch to breed perfect shiny DW pokes of your preferred nature. The C-Gear method can only help with IVs, it can't help you find shinies or natures.

The one advantage of RNGing DW pokes from entree forest is that some have moves which cannot be acquired by level-up or breeding. If you want a perfect DW Vulpix with Dark Pulse, for example, you need to RNG it.

Thanks for the imput guys. I will need to make them legit. we are making a league around where I live and part of my job as champ is to help everyone gets pokes and items they need. I figured RNG maybe the easiest way to go with that. The people in my tourney don't mind hacks but i also would like to start a trade shop and would need to be able to RNG for that.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
7th August 2011, 8:31 PM
Unrelated, but some sort of organization is going to be needed in this thread and the club, it's like, the same things (not counting the questions and help related stuff) generally being posted in the club winds up in here...

Anyway, I'm contemplating starting a RNGDex of sorts. No, I'm not trying to show up PC, this idea has been lingering in my mind for quite a long time. Starting with Unova, since that's obviously the easiest to finish in B/W, then perhaps going back in time to Kanto. Version exclusives will screw me over since I only have White at the moment...so any sort of help with Reshiram/Tornadus/Victini would be appreciated from fellow RNGers.

cannibaleyes
7th August 2011, 8:35 PM
I noticed the opening post, under PID FRAME ADVANCEMENT, states:

Could this be edited to add that this only applies in areas with wild pokemon, if this is the case? - I take it the stationary legends are not classed as wild pokemon.Perhaps it should be:

I'm not trying to be picky. I'd just like to be helpful if I can. I really appreciate the effort you and the other RNGers here are putting into this thread, and I'm finding the advice given most useful.
Well from my own personal experiences, the same advancement also occurs while walking near grass (not actually in it) (at least, I think I rmember it advancing the frame..). Also, turning/walking also advances the frame if it's in a cave or surfing. While it is true to say that it's only in places with wild pokemon, there are very few pokemon that are in are areas without any wild pokemon (Virizion and Reshiram/Zekrom are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head...).

So.. Technically, you're right, but it's easier to just say that walking/turning advances the PID, because 99% of the time, it will. It might be helpful to add that it only applies to places with wild pokemon as a sidenote, though. :)

jolteon135
7th August 2011, 9:04 PM
You're right. It could be misleading.

Well from my own personal experiences, the same advancement also occurs while walking near grass (not actually in it) (at least, I think I rmember it advancing the frame..).
The advancement that occurs near grass is different. It's only advances 2 PID frames every 20 steps (shaking patch check). That's way less than 2 PID frames every step so yes it's important to note the the difference. It's important if someone's trying to RNG in non-NPC areas like the Giant Chasm, route 9, the entrance to Dragon Spriral tower etc 'cause you can walk outside the grass/wild Pokemon area in all those places and if someone's walking outside the grass and they think their PID frame is being advanced by 2 per step they're going to be looking for their starting frame in the wrong place.

NoDice
8th August 2011, 4:27 AM
You're right. It could be misleading.

The advancement that occurs near grass is different. It's only advances 2 PID frames every 20 steps (shaking patch check). That's way less than 2 PID frames every step so yes it's important to note the the difference. It's important if someone's trying to RNG in non-NPC areas like the Giant Chasm, route 9, the entrance to Dragon Spriral tower etc 'cause you can walk outside the grass/wild Pokemon area in all those places and if someone's walking outside the grass and they think their PID frame is being advanced by 2 per step they're going to be looking for their starting frame in the wrong place.

I updated the OP to note the difference. ^_^ I cant believe I overlooked that when writing it.

Kailassa
8th August 2011, 6:00 AM
I updated the OP to note the difference. ^_^ I cant believe I overlooked that when writing it.
There are so many details once you get into RNGing; I'd be surprised if you don't find more little updates to make. You've done a wonderful job with the OP. It really works to make the art of RNGing more accessible, thanks.

NoDice
8th August 2011, 7:15 AM
There are so many details once you get into RNGing; I'd be surprised if you don't find more little updates to make. You've done a wonderful job with the OP. It really works to make the art of RNGing more accessible, thanks.

Thanks alot for that! That was my goal and Im just glad to help people learn this and save time while getting the Pokemon they desire ^_^

Too Funk to Druck
8th August 2011, 7:21 AM
Did my first RNG on my Black:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/494.gif
NN:None| OT: Ayumi~*
Timid | Victory Star | Caught: Aug. 3, 2011|Liberty Garden
Confusion | Incinerate | Quick Attack | Endure
30/22/30/31/31/31
HP Ice 70

This is for Advent and his Unova dex thingy. Luckily for me, I didn't catch it on my Black already.

longchu
8th August 2011, 9:06 AM
Is there a way to RNG in the White Forest and/or Giant Chasm? Using Sweet Scent in those places doesn't work.

MUST GET RNG'D TOGEPI!

Too Funk to Druck
8th August 2011, 9:09 AM
Is there a way to RNG in the White Forest and/or Giant Chasm? Using Sweet Scent in those places doesn't work.

MUST GET RNG'D TOGEPI!

For Great Chasm, set your DS time one month foward, and then get into a battle. Then you can save and RNG. I dunno if it works for White Forest though.

Metagross-
8th August 2011, 6:17 PM
You can't get Victini shiny, correct? And should I go for flawless, what nature, and what HP(Hidden power)

Shinepoke
8th August 2011, 6:58 PM
You can't get Victini shiny, correct? And should I go for flawless, what nature, and what HP(Hidden power)

Correct, Victini cannot be shiny

and for RNGing fossils, all I have to do is change the settings to GIFT Pokemon in the capture tab(on RNG Reporter) and the main window. Then I probably need to find my SSF because I think there are moving NPCs in that museum. That's all that's really different, correct? And do I have to change the iv frame I'm looking for to 8?

Winter02
8th August 2011, 7:09 PM
And do I have to change the iv frame I'm looking for to 8?
No, fossils are counted as Gift Pokemon and start at Frame 1.

Shinepoke
8th August 2011, 7:26 PM
No, fossils are counted as Gift Pokemon and start at Frame 1.

Are you sure. Because in the first post it states...

(IV)FRAME:
The area within the SEED in which your desired IVs are placed. (ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE)The IV frame for your SEED will always start on FRAME 1. All Pokemon EXCEPT EGGS, GIFTS and FOSSILS will have their IVs determined by FRAME 1. EGGS, GIFTS and FOSSILS IV FRAMES start on FRAME 8 due to the action of adding or removing a Pokemon from your party advancing the IV FRAME by 7.

Doesn't that mean it's on frame 8.If you have already done fossils before then I should change it to 1?

Winter02
8th August 2011, 7:33 PM
I have done fossils, and I do know that they do start on frame 1.
If anything, here is a source from the Smogon guide to confirm that.

All Wild, Stationary, Roamer and Gift Pokemon have their IV frames starting on 1.
Fossils are counted as gift Pokemon, and do therefore start at Frame 1.

This also means that there is a mistake in the first post regarding fossils/gifts. I hope STUD can fix it.

cannibaleyes
8th August 2011, 7:34 PM
Weird, I could have sworn it was roughly the same PID advancement... Then again, it's been a while since I've done anything involving walking near grass, so I could have been mistaken, I guess...
None-the-less, walking near grass does advance it somehow, so it's definitely worth noting. ^__^

Beck
8th August 2011, 7:38 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Just stopping in after checking my emails, facebook, etc. I have a very limited amount of access to Wi-Fi so I can't be on for long. Still, this thread is doing fantastic and I'm really excited about it. Keep it up.

Be back soon.

||Caboose||
8th August 2011, 7:52 PM
Im going for a Clamperl next because I love shell smash Gorebyss.

TDawg
8th August 2011, 9:16 PM
Wow your giratina looks great caboose. I'm jealous :p

||Caboose||
8th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Wow your giratina looks great caboose. I'm jealous :p
Thank you, I'd be willing to distribute it, once I figured everything out, or ask someone on smogon to do it for me...
_____

Ok, Im still trying to capture Landorus. I did 73 advancements to find my SSF. Then I found out all I had to do was 65. I did the 65 yet I keep getting Bold and its not shiny, I even tried with a synch and that did nothing. I even tried different amounts of advancements and they all showed I got the right SSF.
http://i.imgur.com/33gY2.png

Tarro57
8th August 2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you, I'd be willing to distribute it, once I figured everything out, or ask someone on smogon to do it for me...
_____

Ok, Im still trying to capture Landorus. I did 73 advancements to find my SSF. Then I found out all I had to do was 65. I did the 65 yet I keep getting Bold and its not shiny, I even tried with a synch and that did nothing. I even tried different amounts of advancements and they all showed I got the right SSF.

Alright, I think there are NPCs in that area, so, everytime you encounter the Landorus, catch it and see what frame you got it at by finding the Nature that it was in the RNG Reporter, then, adjust your next try to get the right frame. Ex. You catch a Landorus after doing your advancements and look at the nature. It is a Careful Nature, that is frame 123. To adjust it, you look at the frame you're trying to hit (frame 121) and take the frame you just hit (frame 123) and subtract the frame you want from it (frame 121). That would be 2. Now do 2 less Chatot Chatters. This time, it might be shiny. If it isn't, just keep adjusting what you hit to get the frame.

||Caboose||
8th August 2011, 10:14 PM
Alright, I think there are NPCs in that area, so, everytime you encounter the Landorus, catch it and see what frame you got it at by finding the Nature that it was in the RNG Reporter, then, adjust your next try to get the right frame. Ex.
I did that, that's why I found my SSF lol.

TDawg
8th August 2011, 10:17 PM
You're probably not hitting your seed Caboose. Make sure you can hit constantly before going for the PID

||Caboose||
8th August 2011, 10:39 PM
You're probably not hitting your seed Caboose. Make sure you can hit constantly before going for the PID
I know I hit the seed because the IV's are correct almost each time :/ lol
It might be my L or R buttons...

Tarro57
8th August 2011, 10:45 PM
I know I hit the seed because the IV's are correct each time :/ lol
It might be my L or R buttons...

Do you have the right ID/SID in? Check again because I was trying to RNG with the Wrong ID/SID, I found out after about an hour, so double check that.

||Caboose||
8th August 2011, 10:48 PM
Do you have the right ID/SID in? Check again because I was trying to RNG with the Wrong ID/SID, I found out after about an hour, so double check that.
Yes, I do have the right ID...

Tarro57
8th August 2011, 11:15 PM
Yes, I do have the right ID...

Double Checked? Erase the ones in RNG Reporter and type them in again...
See if that helps...

darthmalice777
9th August 2011, 12:50 AM
_____

The NPCs in the Abundant Shrine don't move, so they shouldn't advance your frame at all. When I caught mine, I used the same seed that I used for all the other stationaries (which obviously didn't have NPCs) and got him my first try. Just thought you should be aware of my experience.

||Caboose||
9th August 2011, 12:59 AM
I got my Landorus (in a pokeball). It was my L button that was messing me up, and thats weird Darth, I had to find my SSF...

http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/645s.gif
#645 ★ Landorus
OT:Dakota| ID:51556|Nature:Jolly|Ability:Sand Force
Type:Ground/Flying|Capture Location:Abundant Shrin e
Moves: Earthquake,Sandstorm,Fissure, Rock Slide
IVs:31/31/13/31/12/31

jolteon135
9th August 2011, 1:38 AM
I got my Landorus (in a pokeball). It was my L button that was messing me up, and thats weird Darth, I had to find my SSF...

#645 ★ Landorus
There's 1 WNPC in the abundant shrine. You can battle him to stop him from moving. darth probably battled him before catching Landorus.

Congrats on your Landorus. Why the low Def and SpDef though? No Synchronizer?

darthmalice777
9th August 2011, 3:20 AM
There's 1 WNPC in the abundant shrine. You can battle him to stop him from moving. darth probably battled him before catching Landorus.

That's probably exactly what it was, I forgot I did battle them all while I was there to get the TMs in the area. Congrats, Caboose.

Tarro57
9th August 2011, 3:39 AM

#645 ★ Landorus

Cool! Glad you got him. The IVs could have been perfect, but whatever, I haven't gone for the flawless yet... I'll do that once I get all the Pokemon I want...

darthmalice777
9th August 2011, 4:45 AM
Out of boredom, I decided to breed this little lady...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/shiny.pnghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/597.gifhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/598.gif
Ferroseed http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/female.png | OT:Malice
Sassy | Iron Barbs | Hatched: 8/8/11 | Route 3
Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Seed Bomb | Gyro Ball
31/31/31/31/31/0

TDawg
9th August 2011, 10:26 AM

#645 ★ Landorus

Looks good Caboose:) I just got my Landorus recently but its not shiny:( *Sigh* should've been patient but mines flawless so it makes up for it:D

||Caboose||
9th August 2011, 11:43 AM

I really didn't care about flawlessness since I don't need it on my team, I can try for it again on Black, and didn't feel like searching another month (I let it look through all of August). It sucks that there was no vs. seeker this gen though so I didn't have to find my SSF.

longchu
9th August 2011, 12:13 PM
For Kyurem, does the snow (hail?) outside his cavern advance the PIDRNG frame? If it does, I'm screwed.

I'm trying to shoot for a seed that calls for IV frame 5 and PID frame 157 (just in case, I have a second seed of IV frame 6, and PID frame 246).

Tarro57
9th August 2011, 2:01 PM
For Kyurem, does the snow (hail?) outside his cavern advance the PIDRNG frame? If it does, I'm screwed.

I'm trying to shoot for a seed that calls for IV frame 5 and PID frame 157 (just in case, I have a second seed of IV frame 6, and PID frame 246).

Make your IV frame 1 to make it easier on yourself si you don't need to advance the IV and PID frames. Also, which Pokemon are you gping for, if it is Kyurem, nothing in his cavern advances the PID Frame. The hail outside his cavern isn't there when the bushes of grass are there, and there isn't any Pokemon you can catch in that hail either, so, no, the hail doesn't advance the PIDRNG frame UNLESS you're actually in it.

Edit/Question: If I'm going to RNG a shiny Tornadus, do I start inside the house of the old Lady, save, do my seed, walk outside, see the Tornadus and look at my Pokedex to see if it was a shiny Tornadus, and if it is I go catch it?

darthmalice777
9th August 2011, 4:59 PM

If you want to use an IV frame higher than 1, you're going to have to find a seed with a PID of 290+ minimum, depending on your starting frame (the steps you take to advance your IV frame advance your PID by 2 each as well). Look for a seed with an IV frame of one to make it much easier on yourself. It may take a little longer to find, but will be worth it in the end.

Shinepoke
9th August 2011, 7:50 PM
Just Fossilized him...

It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/SutekiMitsukai/poke/balls/pokeball.pnghttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/shinepoke/408.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/shinepoke/409.gifhttp://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pokemon_university/Pokemon%20Types/Rock.gif
#409 Rampardos {★}--http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad28/ravyoshi26/Profile%20Icons/male_icon.png
OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
Fossilized in Nacrene City
Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
Hidden Power: Dark 70
Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252
;409;

First fossil of mine.

jolteon135
10th August 2011, 1:41 AM
Edit/Question: If I'm going to RNG a shiny Tornadus, do I start inside the house of the old Lady, save, do my seed, walk outside, see the Tornadus and look at my Pokedex to see if it was a shiny Tornadus, and if it is I go catch it?

If you want a shiny Tornadus only search the summer months. You need a month where it doesn't snow or rain on route 7. Also make sure the season changes to summer before you save inside the house. You want to make it so that you don't get the season change message when you exit the house.

More roamer stuff (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3560233&postcount=7825)

Tarro57
10th August 2011, 2:35 AM
If you want a shiny Tornadus only search the summer months. You need a month where it doesn't snow or rain on route 7. Also make sure the season changes to summer before you save inside the house. You want to make it so that you don't get the season change message when you exit the house.

More roamer stuff (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3560233&postcount=7825)

I can't do it on this file anymore... I saved inside the house without my Chatots for some stupid reason... D: I'll do it on my next file!

jolteon135
10th August 2011, 2:42 AM
I can't do it on this file anymore... I saved inside the house without my Chatots for some stupid reason... D: I'll do it on my next file!
If you have access to another DS you can use IR trading to get Chatots.

EDIT: Also what darth says is true. Shiny roamers are the second hardest things to RNG in B/W. The hardest being entralink Pokemon.

darthmalice777
10th August 2011, 2:44 AM

They're a huge pain...you just saved yourself a lot of effort, trust me.

Metagross-
10th August 2011, 2:57 AM
How do I RNG Reshiram, a bunch of saves?

Tarro57
10th August 2011, 2:58 AM

Reshiram can't be shiny if that's what you want, and what do you mean a bunch of saves?

darthmalice777
10th August 2011, 2:59 AM

Once you have a seed, you can still use Chatot to advance the PID frame via chatter. Or you can save, it's up to you.

Metagross-
10th August 2011, 3:00 AM
I know it can't be shiny I want a nature, and chatot is only for the national dex, and if I'm correct saving increases the PID Frame by 1.

darthmalice777
10th August 2011, 3:04 AM
I know it can't be shiny I want a nature, and chatot is only for the national dex, and if I'm correct saving increases the PID Frame by 1.

You can still use a Chatot if someone trades you one, or you download one. But saving does increase the PID frame by 1 per save. Chatters are much quicker and easier to count IMO.

Nikator
11th August 2011, 2:10 AM
sorry for the noobish question, i'm just trying to step up from IVRNG to PIDRNG and want to get this right. for roamer release what do i tick... he has been released and caught. so he has been released but is no longer roaming. does this mean he is no longer affecting the pid advancement?

darthmalice777
11th August 2011, 2:20 AM
sorry for the noobish question, i'm just trying to step up from IVRNG to PIDRNG and want to get this right. for roamer release what do i tick... he has been released and caught. so he has been released but is no longer roaming. does this mean he is no longer affecting the pid advancement?

Yes, if it's been caught, it will not affect your PID frames. You only want to check that if the roamer has been released but not caught.

Aeros
11th August 2011, 7:06 AM
When breeding Rotom and Ditto together, which one is the mother/father?

TDawg
11th August 2011, 7:07 AM
Rotom is the father. For genderless pokemon Ditto will ALWAYS be the momma

Kailassa
11th August 2011, 12:50 PM
I keep reading how easy RNGing is, so I'm writing this to give the others who find it difficult a laugh.

I used to be green with envy toward those who displayed their legit perfect shiny pokemon, and spent weeks on end breeding pokemon good enough to compete with them. Succeeding at that, (RNGing doesn't guarantee winning, stubborn breeders can keep up,) I got more confident and decided to look into RNGing properly. Thanks to people in threads like this and help from a buddy who decided to learn with me, I've managed to RNG a few things, including 4 perfect Dittos and some near-perfect shinies.

Last night I found a perfect shiny synchronizable seed with an IVRNG frame of 1. So once the rest of the household retired for the night, I got ready to produce a bunch of perfect shiny slot 5 pokemon. Taking care to do everything perfectly, pressing Right-X-Y and counting 362 chatters, I knew this would work. But it wasn't shiny, and only had 1 perfect IV. I knew what the problem would be, timer0, so I tried again, and got the same pokemon again. Not ready to give up, despite getting the same poke over and over, I kept trying, and then tried in different locations, but couldn't make it work. The more tired I got, the more trouble I had counting chatters, and kept sliding over onto Roserade instead, messing up my count. So I figured the trouble was that I just was not getting the counting right.

I was still trying when everyone got up, and later persuaded my buddy to give it a go. Straight off he captured the shiny perfect adamant Druddigon I was after. So, reassured the seed was good, I tried again - unsuccessfully. I couldn't even get a perfect pokemon on frame one, but couldn't see anything I was doing wrong. So I got my buddy to watch, just in case he could see what was wrong.

Skeptical he could help, he watched anyway.
- And he asked me, puzzled, wasn't it Right-X-Y?
Of course, I answered, you saw me press Right-X-Y.
No, he said, you pressed Left.
. . .
All blasted night I'd been trying, and got tripped each time by the fact that I still confuse right and left ...

I haven't given up yet. I'm eventually going to count those chatters right too and get that shiny, perfect, adamant, punchy Golett I'm after now ...
Just as soon as they all go to bed again so I can concentrate.

So far I've RNG'd the same number of shinies as I've accidentally encountered in the wild. By tomorrow that should have changed.

And when I've mastered this there's RNGing eggs, RNGing a roamer, and using C-Gear to RNG pokemon waiting patiently in Entree Forest.

KuroiMawile
11th August 2011, 1:52 PM
Merr...

So, I'm trying for certain shiny steel Pokemon and so far I can get the IV's right, but sometimes the Pokemon is off. I'm guessing I'm reading the Reporter 9 wrong (11 is not 1, you horrible calculator). So, I decide to try Egg-RNG on a wingull. I get the IV's of both, record them in the time finder, save and look for a timid seed.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Tokyo/Pokemoan/wingull_pt2.png

After finding something (really, I was getting absolutely nothing for any IVs more than 2) I copy the seed over to R9 like so:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Tokyo/Pokemoan/wingull_pt1.png

Now I wonder two things:
1st: Does the PID frame start at 45 when I start the game?
2nd: Do I subtract 1 to the frames needed before getting the egg?
3rd: Can you tell how lost I am on this?

Aeros
11th August 2011, 2:18 PM
@KuroiMawile: Yes, the PID frame starts at 45 when load the game. So, since your target frame is 144, just subtract 45 from that to get the advances you need. So, 144-45 = 99 advances. However, sometimes the PID frame it gives you is wrong, so after you hatch the egg, check it against RNGReporter to see what you actually hit. Subtract your advances from that number, and you'll get the correct frame. Hope this helps.

Like my last post was hinting at, I got a flawless, shiny rotom:
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/479.png
Rotom | Modest | Levitate
31/X/31/31/31/31

EDIT: And as it turns out, I was bored today, so...

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/147.png
Dratini | Rash | Marvel Scale
31/31/30/31/28/30

The special defense kinda bothers me, but it should do.

KuroiMawile
11th August 2011, 2:32 PM
@KuroiMawile: Yes, the PID frame starts at 45 when load the game. So, since your target frame is 144, just subtract 45 from that to get the advances you need. So, 144-45 = 99 advances. However, sometimes the PID frame it gives you is wrong, so after you hatch the egg, check it against RNGReporter to see what you actually hit. Subtract your advances from that number, and you'll get the correct frame. Hope this helps.

Like my last post was hinting at, I got a flawless, shiny rotom:
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/479.png
Rotom | Modest | Levitate
31/X/31/31/31/31

I knew it! Most thank you, I'm going to remember to do this for all the incorrect Pokemon I keep spawning (seriously, from a specific Tynamo to Joltik with the exact same specifics)

Also, as of typing this, it worked under a different seed (one that had 0 frames needed to advance). The first, of hopefully many, RNG'd shiny Pokemon.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/278.png
Albatross, Timid, Rain Dish
18/18/18/19/22/31

EDIT: Oh, this is amazing. Got three little steel buggers with this egg-shiny RNG'ing. It took nearly 4 boxes of jolly Skarmory over 3 days, but it only took a short while (30 minutes, 22 of which were waiting for seeds) to get a green-winged Skarmory. I dare say I've gotten my head around some of this (by that I mean only getting BW breeding with a single flawed ditto)

Poke16Freak
11th August 2011, 9:44 PM
I have a question how come when i rng for a egg i get the nature i want but i dont get it shiny and it doesnt have flawless ivs its missing two ivs to be perfect and both of my parents are flawless.

kaiser soze
11th August 2011, 10:01 PM
i have a question how come when i rng for a egg i get the nature i want but i dont get it shiny and it doesnt have flawless ivs its missing two ivs to be perfect and both of my parents are flawless

Most likely you used an Everstone and got the nature you wanted and you flat out missed your target PID frame (or just got lucky and landed on a frame with the right nature). However my answer will be as detailed as your question, so more details like screenshots would help. (Also in my country we have a marvelous invention called periods...)

Poke16Freak
11th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Most likely you used an Everstone and got the nature you wanted and you flat out missed your target PID frame (or just got lucky and landed on a frame with the right nature). However my answer will be as detailed as your question, so more details like screenshots would help. (Also in my country we have a marvelous invention called periods...)

Sorry, and no i didnt you a everstone i even tried it multiple times and i received the same pokemon so its not the everstone.

Tarro57
11th August 2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry, and no i didnt you a everstone i even tried it multiple times and i received the same pokemon so its not the everstone.

Could you give us a screenshot? It would help a lot for us to see it...
Who should I go after next (to RNG)?

Poke16Freak
11th August 2011, 10:16 PM
Never mind everybody. I got it to work and heres what i got

Timid Larvesta Shiny flawless female

Tarro57
11th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Try not to double post, good job with the Larvesta, What should I go for next?

bippacooleth
12th August 2011, 5:28 PM
Could anyone point me towards a video tutorial on rng shiny wild encounters? I've read the FAQ on this thread, and several posts on the subject but it doesn't really make sense to me just written down. I've tried finding videos but they're all for shiny eggs :/ thanks if anyone can help :)

Tarro57
12th August 2011, 5:38 PM
Could anyone point me towards a video tutorial on rng shiny wild encounters? I've read the FAQ on this thread, and several posts on the subject but it doesn't really make sense to me just written down. I've tried finding videos but they're all for shiny eggs :/ thanks if anyone can help :)

I have'nt seen any videos for that but if you were to watch bearsfan092drums videos on RNG Shiny Eggs and RNG Wild (Shiny Optional) Pokemon, you could put those to together and learn how to do it, that's what I did. I now know how to do it!

Poke16Freak
12th August 2011, 8:08 PM
i have a question i was rnging for a shiny egg adamant with flawless ivs in everything except for spatt so i hit my seed and it was adamant and with the correct ivs the wrong thing is that it was not shiny.. so im wondering ... whats wrong?

jolteon135
12th August 2011, 8:12 PM
i have a question i was rnging for a shiny egg adamant with flawless ivs in everything except for spatt so i hit my seed and it was adamant and with the correct ivs the wrong thing is that it was not shiny.. so im wondering ... whats wrong?
You hit the wrong PID frame...
Look at the list of PID frames, find what frame you hit, redo it and hit the correct frame.

Poke16Freak
12th August 2011, 9:13 PM
You hit the wrong PID frame...
Look at the list of PID frames, find what frame you hit, redo it and hit the correct frame.

thanks i just tried a different seed and i tried it and it worked i got a shiny flawless except for spatt sawk :)

bippacooleth
12th August 2011, 10:02 PM
I have'nt seen any videos for that but if you were to watch bearsfan092drums videos on RNG Shiny Eggs and RNG Wild (Shiny Optional) Pokemon, you could put those to together and learn how to do it, that's what I did. I now know how to do it!

Okay, I'll try that :) cheers

kaiser soze
12th August 2011, 11:04 PM
Basically the difference between advancing the PID frame for a nature and advancing it for a shiny is a few hundred more Chalot flips.

Aeros
13th August 2011, 4:38 PM
I had to redo my Dratini - I realized that I was looking at the wrong set for it when I was checking what nature it had to be.
It's not shiny, for two reasons: Shiny Dragonite is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, and two, no spreads, haha.
So it's an adamant dratini with 31/31/31/X/31/31

Shinepoke
13th August 2011, 6:45 PM
I had to redo my Dratini - I realized that I was looking at the wrong set for it when I was checking what nature it had to be.
It's not shiny, for two reasons: Shiny Dragonite is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, and two, no spreads, haha.
So it's an adamant dratini with 31/31/31/X/31/31

Yeah but shiny dragonair is beast lookin.

Nikator
13th August 2011, 6:51 PM
urgh the step up from RNG to PIDRNG is harder than I thought. I think I am starting to get there, but i'm not sure. I take it the frames column on the left is the pidframe i'm aiming for yes? But I have absolutely no idea of how to calculate my starting pidframe, how do I go about this?
also in the complete PDF guide, it mentions having to start a new game to abuse my ID's... is this the case?

kaiser soze
13th August 2011, 8:19 PM
If you're doing 5th gen abuse; your TID/SID combo isn't that important as it was last generation.

NoDice
13th August 2011, 9:40 PM
urgh the step up from RNG to PIDRNG is harder than I thought. I think I am starting to get there, but i'm not sure. I take it the frames column on the left is the pidframe i'm aiming for yes? But I have absolutely no idea of how to calculate my starting pidframe, how do I go about this?
also in the complete PDF guide, it mentions having to start a new game to abuse my ID's... is this the case?

I dont know if youre using PPRNG or Reporter, but I belive both have a calculate initial frame button.
To manually calculate your frame you just need to save in an area with NO NPCs and hit your IV seed. Sweet Scent right away to catch something and look at its Gender, Nature, and what type of Pokemon it is. Using those things, and the encounter slot table built into reporter (Tools tab)or available in the first AND second posts of this thread, you can figure out which PID frame you started on.

Also abusing your TID/SID doesnt really matter much in 5th gen because all youre doing is giving yourself one perfect spread of your choice to hit with an optional low shiny PIDframe. Its only really useful for Roamers which can be a pain to find seeds for...

Nikator
13th August 2011, 9:53 PM
Ok thanks. Yeah i'm using RNG reporter. And couldn't work out why there was IV selections etc on the right hand side of the main page after i'd already done all of that in time finder. I'm getting closer to this shiny flawless volcorona, hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

Edit: I'm also glad I don't have to start a new game, although having a flawless Terrakion would be nice it just doesn't seem worth it somehow!

jolteon135
13th August 2011, 9:59 PM
Here's some videos I made.

Choosing a target PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpi8XR0dXTc) <--skip to around 6 minutes for shinies

Finding your actual starting PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1wz0_6800)

Hitting your target PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciivZwSlS9g)

Those are for IV frame 1. I could make videos for higher IV frames too but a) I'm lazy b) Manipulating the PIDRNG for higher IV frames only works in areas with no WNPCs c) Did I mention I'm lazy?

lol, I think I wrote something about how to do it for higher IV frames in the FAQ on the first page.

You can find a flawless shiny Stationary if you search long enough. Just use 3 keypresses and a synchronizer and leave the search running for a couple hours.

Nikator
13th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Here's some videos I made.

Choosing a target PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpi8XR0dXTc) <--skip to around 6 minutes for shinies

Finding your actual starting PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1wz0_6800)

Hitting your target PID frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciivZwSlS9g)

Those are for IV frame 1. I could make videos for higher IV frames too but a) I'm lazy b) Manipulating the PIDRNG for higher IV frames only works in areas with no WNPCs c) Did I mention I'm lazy?

lol, I think I wrote something about how to do it for higher IV frames in the FAQ on the first page.

You can find a flawless shiny Stationary if you search long enough. Just use 3 keypresses and a synchronizer and leave the search running for a couple hours.

Yeah i've been searching for Frame 1 to keep things simple anyway, search takes a while but worth it. (it's not exactly flawless, I don't care about its atk stat) Thanks for the video's i'll check them out!
Also for calculating my initial pidframe, I was going to head out into Relic Castle B6 since if I do it on volcorana or a claydol I have no idea which encounter slot that is. But if I then calculate my initial pid for a wild encounter, will it be different than for a stationary encounter?

cdawg3574
13th August 2011, 11:34 PM
I was wondering if its possible to find your SID using a shiny pokemon, as I use a USB adapter to get online and therefore cannot use pokecheck

TDawg
13th August 2011, 11:35 PM
If you have an action replay

jolteon135
14th August 2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah i've been searching for Frame 1 to keep things simple anyway, search takes a while but worth it. (it's not exactly flawless, I don't care about its atk stat) Thanks for the video's i'll check them out!
Also for calculating my initial pidframe, I was going to head out into Relic Castle B6 since if I do it on volcorana or a claydol I have no idea which encounter slot that is. But if I then calculate my initial pid for a wild encounter, will it be different than for a stationary encounter?
Encounter slots are for the Wild Pokemon encounter types. You don't have to worry about encounter slots for stationaries.
If you're trying to catch the stationary Volcarona, RNG reporter's "Calculated initial PID frame" should be correct since there are no NPCs in the chamber.

I was wondering if its possible to find your SID using a shiny pokemon, as I use a USB adapter to get online and therefore cannot use pokecheck
Trade with someone, have them check it for you.

Kailassa
14th August 2011, 2:43 AM
Things are looking up.

I've been tearing my hair out over timer0 flips, because my game seems to alternate equally between 2 values, and can stay stuck on one for days. The only way to flip it back sometimes seems to be to change the date and do some battles, and then come back to the time/place needed for RNGing.

I've now RNG'd perfect shiny adamant Cubchoo, Boldore, Pawniard, Gollet and nearly perfect shiny modest Cryogonal. I'd wanted that evil red-eyed Cryogonal since starting the game. Needing a high slot number in Winter, I couldn't find one quite perfect, so had to settle for a seed that had 30s in defenses.

Now I want to RNG an Excadrill.

I used repels in Challenger's Cave, (first cavern,) Walked 128 steps plus a few more to make a dust cloud and to get my IV-RNG right, and counted everything so after walking, turning, chattering and entering the dust cloud I was on the right PID-RNG.

- And I found a normal gem.

Now I see under "Encounter Type" an option: "Wild Pokemon (cave spot)".
So I guess I need to use that and do a special search, instead of just using a seed found with "All encounters Shiny."

If anyone knows anything about RNGing spots, whether cave water or grass, I'd be very grateful if they'd share their knowledge or experience.

I'm afraid using Flash in the cave doesn't stop me stumbling about in the dark. ;)

darthmalice777
14th August 2011, 3:02 AM
Things are looking up.

I've been tearing my hair out over timer0 flips, because my game seems to alternate equally between 2 values, and can stay stuck on one for days. The only way to flip it back sometimes seems to be to change the date and do some battles, and then come back to the time/place needed for RNGing.

I've now RNG'd perfect shiny adamant Cubchoo, Boldore, Pawniard, Gollet and nearly perfect shiny modest Cryogonal. I'd wanted that evil red-eyed Cryogonal since starting the game. Needing a high slot number in Winter, I couldn't find one quite perfect, so had to settle for a seed that had 30s in defenses.

Now I want to RNG an Excadrill.

I used repels in Challenger's Cave, (first cavern,) Walked 128 steps plus a few more to make a dust cloud and to get my IV-RNG right, and counted everything so after walking, turning, chattering and entering the dust cloud I was on the right PID-RNG.

- And I found a normal gem.

Now I see under "Encounter Type" an option: "Wild Pokemon (cave spot)".
So I guess I need to use that and do a special search, instead of just using a seed found with "All encounters Shiny."

If anyone knows anything about RNGing spots, whether cave water or grass, I'd be very grateful if they'd share their knowledge or experience.

I'm afraid using Flash in the cave doesn't stop me stumbling about in the dark. ;)

Congrats on your successes. You definately want to RNG eggs for spot pokemon, as there is no guaranteed way to make them appear. There is no encounter slot for those pokemon, so you're better off abusing the egg instead.

Benefactor
14th August 2011, 3:03 AM
Dustclouds can be a pain like that. My only advice is to try breeding a Drilbur instead. It'll be a lot less painful.

Kailassa
14th August 2011, 3:14 AM
Thanks Darthmalice and Benefactor.
It really is time I come to grips with breeding, as I want egg moves on some of these pokemon as well as them being perfect and shiny.

At least it's turned out to be easy to get most pokemon perfect to use as parents for breeding. I was hoping to do the same with spot pokemon too, but I can always just breed them up to having 3 perfect IVs and mate them with perfect Dittos instead.

Regarding spot pokemon, when are their IVs etc set, when the spot forms or when you encounter the spot?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
14th August 2011, 3:16 AM
Breeding is surprisingly a breeze. I honestly can't figure out any particular reason to RNG "Phenomenom" encounters other than for ball aesthetics--yeah you can see why it's not really necessary.

Zenotwapal
14th August 2011, 3:31 AM
I really don't understand why people RNG the parents.
I use a flawless ditto to RNG breed; and I look for Flawless Spreads and get them all the time.
Why is it that all of you RNG the parents? I don't find it necessary.

kaiser soze
14th August 2011, 3:44 AM
^ Egg moves. For certain things like Ferroseed with Stealth Rock and Leach Seed I had to import a Torterra that was not RNGed (because I've been too lazy to learn 4th gen) so I caught a wild female with the nature/spread I wanted. But yes 90% of the time I'm just using Ditto.

Zenotwapal
14th August 2011, 4:12 AM
^ Egg moves. For certain things like Ferroseed with Stealth Rock and Leach Seed I had to import a Torterra that was not RNGed (because I've been too lazy to learn 4th gen) so I caught a wild female with the nature/spread I wanted. But yes 90% of the time I'm just using Ditto.
That's what I though.

so im gonna get back in it tonight guys, finally snagging my shiny flawless shroomish

kaiser soze
14th August 2011, 7:36 AM
For some reason I suck at RNGing Rotoms....

cdawg3574
14th August 2011, 9:12 AM
just succeeded in RNG'ing a flawless calm slowpoke, about to get into RNG'ing shiny dark pulse deinos :D

Kailassa
14th August 2011, 2:29 PM
I really don't understand why people RNG the parents.
I use a flawless ditto to RNG breed; and I look for Flawless Spreads and get them all the time.
Why is it that all of you RNG the parents? I don't find it necessary.

It's not necessary, no.

But when I'm using a perfect shiny wild seed, I like to try it out on early frames to see if it's working before I bother counting out endless chatters to get the shiny. Doing that, I've snagged box-fulls of various perfect pokes without any effort. When it's that easy, it becomes a case of "why not do it"?

Another question. Is there any formula for finding hold items?

I stumbled upon a Clefairy holding comet shard, but it was during normal play, not RNGing. Is there a way to search for hold items, or would I need to just keep using different seeds to RNG Clefairies until I find one that's holding a Comet Shard and repeat it? Expert Belts and Star Pieces could be handy too.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
14th August 2011, 4:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there's been some information about that on Smogon RNG research threads...

Kailassa
15th August 2011, 2:16 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there's been some information about that on Smogon RNG research threads...

I was hoping/expecting there would be, so I'd already searched for hours before asking here, but couldn't find anything relevant.

I tried again, doing a search for "held item" on the relevant threads, but still came up with nothing. So, unless info turns up, I'll just use trial and error.

jolteon135
15th August 2011, 4:45 AM
I was hoping/expecting there would be, so I'd already searched for hours before asking here, but couldn't find anything relevant.

I tried again, doing a search for "held item" on the relevant threads, but still came up with nothing. So, unless info turns up, I'll just use trial and error.

It's been researched already but RNG reporter hasn't been updated with the new research. It's fairly easy to use researcher to predict the items though.
Here's a video I made to explain it: watch in 480/720p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt4Qz0GSCUM&feature=youtube_gdata)

Here's the research: Link (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3551276#post3551276)
Encounter slot research: here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3331199#post3331199)

TDawg
15th August 2011, 4:59 AM
Good video Jolteon. That made RNGing items look so simple.

jolteon135
15th August 2011, 5:15 AM
Thanks TDawg. The research thread is a gold mine of info just waiting to be used. Hopefully we get an update for reporter soon since OmegaDonut is done with VGC now.

TDawg
15th August 2011, 5:31 AM
Yeah I took a quick glimpse at it and its good to see all great info. I will probably try to RNG an item soon.

Xeluu
15th August 2011, 5:45 AM
Hey all, semi-newish to these forums (every so often lurker turned poster), and I just wanted to say hi to all of the RNGers.

I personally started RNGing mid-May, but didn't initially have much luck at all with it, other than understanding how to rng the legendaries.

I've not RNG'd a small amount of flawless/near-flawless shinies, and am about to start breeding for my ultimate goal: A near-flawless (for HP Ice) shiny Zoroark. :D!

Wish me luck, and at the same time, good luck and good skills to the rest of you!

TDawg
15th August 2011, 5:49 AM
Well good luck and nice to see a new face around here. Be sure to check out the RNG club out too

Dark13Sceptile
15th August 2011, 5:59 AM
hey can y'all help me find my secret id plz

TDawg
15th August 2011, 6:05 AM
You can find it with an AR or pokecheck.org

Dark13Sceptile
15th August 2011, 6:10 AM
You can find it with an AR or pokecheck.org

ok thanks bro

Dark13Sceptile
15th August 2011, 6:14 AM
hey but wat do i like for i don't know wat to do?

Aeros
15th August 2011, 6:17 AM
Newest RNG:

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/205.png
Nature: Relaxed | Ability: Sturdy
ID: 59111 | OT: Kosuke
30/31/31/31/31/0
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

yes, volt switch.

Beck
15th August 2011, 6:17 AM
I RNGed this Reshiram a few days ago. I still have access to the seed so I can easily reuse it on something like Victini or another Reshiram. If anyone (Advent) is interested in one with a different Nature let me know.

http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/premierball.png http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/643.gif
#643. Reshiram
OT: Beck | ID No.: 100 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Modest | Ability: Turboblaze | Type: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif / http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif
Hidden Power: N/A
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: UT | Level: 50
Moves: Dragonbreath | Slash | Extrasensory | Fusion Flare
Notes: [Non-Redis]

Poke16Freak
15th August 2011, 6:19 AM
I RNGed this Reshiram a few days ago. I still have access to the seed so I can easily reuse it on something like Victini or another Reshiram. If anyone (Advent) is interested in one with a different Nature let me know.

http://serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/premierball.png http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/643.gif
#643. Reshiram
OT: Beck | ID No.: 100 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Modest | Ability: Turboblaze | Type: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif / http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fire.gif
Hidden Power: N/A
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: UT | Level: 50
Moves: Dragonbreath | Slash | Extrasensory | Fusion Flare
Notes: [Non-Redis]

how do u make it show that reshiram like that its awesome im curious??

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
15th August 2011, 6:20 AM
Advent is interested indeed, Beck.

TDawg
15th August 2011, 6:27 AM
hey but wat do i like for i don't know wat to do?

What do you mean?

how do u make it show that reshiram like that its awesome im curious??
If youre talking about the sprite just use this-> http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/134.gif
Just have the around it and enter the poke you wanna sees number instead of the 134
EDIT: also can get rid of the 's' if its not shiny

Dark13Sceptile
15th August 2011, 6:30 AM
If youre talking about the sprite just use this-> http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/134.gif
Just have the around it and enter the poke you wanna sees number instead of the 134
EDIT: also can get rid of the 's' if its not shiny[/QUOTE]

i dont know wat to do on pokecheck
lets see
now lets see http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/561.gif

kaiser soze
15th August 2011, 6:38 AM
i dont know wat to do on pokecheck
lets see

The instructions are right there in the bottom.

Better spelling would be helpful.....

Xeluu
15th August 2011, 7:12 AM
Okay, a bit confused on breeding for stats/shinies.

There's the regular see I'm looking for in the Time Finder under the Capture tab, with the method being Gift Pokemon. And that's great, that's going to find me my stats, correct?

Then what is the 4th/5th Gen Shiny tab for? Since I get different results for a seed from that than I do from the regular seed finder? (Or at least I think I am?)

I don't mind doing a high PIDRNG seed, so I also don't mind checking each seed individually under the main frame for a shiny. Just a bit confused and hoping for some clarification if possible.

Too Funk to Druck
15th August 2011, 7:22 AM
Okay, a bit confused on breeding for stats/shinies.

There's the regular see I'm looking for in the Time Finder under the Capture tab, with the method being Gift Pokemon. And that's great, that's going to find me my stats, correct?

Then what is the 4th/5th Gen Shiny tab for? Since I get different results for a seed from that than I do from the regular seed finder? (Or at least I think I am?)

I don't mind doing a high PIDRNG seed, so I also don't mind checking each seed individually under the main frame for a shiny. Just a bit confused and hoping for some clarification if possible.

The 4th/5th gen shiny tab can be used to find shinies and stats, or just stats. It's easier to use because you'll know exactly what's being inherited, which you couldn't do in the main page.

Xeluu
15th August 2011, 7:31 AM
The 4th/5th gen shiny tab can be used to find shinies and stats, or just stats. It's easier to use because you'll know exactly what's being inherited, which you couldn't do in the main page.
Thank you. :3
So then, is general rule of thumb with eggs that they start their PID frame around 70 since that's what the Egg finder starts its search at?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
15th August 2011, 7:53 AM
Not necessarily so. That's just the frames you may want to keep it at so you don't potentially end up overshooting shiny PID frames by heading lower...

I personally start at 60 now, though.

TDawg
15th August 2011, 8:08 AM
I start at 60 as well. Anyways I have gotten to the E4 in Black. So I can RNG the legends. Is there anything I need to know when RNG Reshiram? Like do I need to carry the Chatots Before Hand? or is after beating the E4 okay? other wise I'm set:D just needed to know this little bit of info

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
15th August 2011, 8:10 AM
Considering that Reshiram can't be shiny, Chatots aren't particularly necessary for this stationary. Even more so if you have a Synchronize lead with your desired nature. Just advance your frame with a save or two and call it a day.

TDawg
15th August 2011, 8:13 AM
Mmm yeah good point Advent. Thanks :p

Xeluu
15th August 2011, 9:54 AM
Okay, final question, hopefully someone will have some sort of answer for me when I check this in the morning.

So, I've pulled up what looks to me to be a good seed for my shiny Zorua.
5D5E991455616626, Frame 63, PID B578D7E2. (This is under the shiny egg tab)
However, I go and enter in my seed into the regular PIDRNG window, and it's saying the shiny will be at 75?

I know the initial problem I'm having at this hour is simply not hitting my seed any more, but after spending a few hours at this and failing I'll admit, it's getting really frustrating. Hoping someone can give me an answer so I can succeed at this in the afternoon tomorrow.

Thanks again/in advance.

kaiser soze
15th August 2011, 12:48 PM
*Major facepalm*

So since Rotom eggs have officially p***ed me off, I decided to try a wild Golett. I quickly found a real sexy seed with a synchronizable nature, ESV of 0, 2 not-so-bad keypresses, under 200 flips, and an ability of 1. While trying to find my starting frame (I use PPRNG) I kept getting non-shiny Goletts that should have matched a PID frame but had the wrong ability. I go to the pokedex to check, and Iron Fist is the 0 ability, not 1 like I thought. But it was only when my shiny Golett appeared that I realized I found a seed with a wrong nature. So now I'm stuck with a flawless Adamant Golett with Klutz.

Tarro57
15th August 2011, 1:25 PM
@Xeluu
Have you set the tab to Breeding (Black and White/ International), International for if you have parents from different regions and clicked the "Calculate Initial Starting PID Frame" and click generate? If not, that's your problem I'm pretty sure...

TDawg
15th August 2011, 6:21 PM
Lol at the sexy seed, kaiser. Well that sucks you got a bad golett.

kaiser soze
15th August 2011, 7:21 PM
GTS fodder I guess XD. Found another that looks promising (maybe even better).

TDawg
15th August 2011, 7:56 PM
Well good luck with that! Be sure to post that guy up

Xeluu
15th August 2011, 8:01 PM
@Xeluu
Have you set the tab to Breeding (Black and White/ International), International for if you have parents from different regions and clicked the "Calculate Initial Starting PID Frame" and click generate? If not, that's your problem I'm pretty sure...
*facepalm* No, no I didn't. That would be where the confusion was.
Thank you! Probably never would've noticed that was an option. (Although I'm not using a Japanese Ditto, just my own rng'd ditto and zoroark.)

Okay, I have two hours to try this again, here we go~

Kailassa
15th August 2011, 8:07 PM
It's been researched already but RNG reporter hasn't been updated with the new research. It's fairly easy to use researcher to predict the items though.
Here's a video I made to explain it: watch in 480/720p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt4Qz0GSCUM&feature=youtube_gdata)

Here's the research: Link (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3551276#post3551276)
Encounter slot research: here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3331199#post3331199)

I'm thrilled with that video thanks. I'm not too quick to pick this stuff up, but you've explained it so well it's now simple. You speak beautifully and clearly too, and having it Hi Res means all the figures be seen easily.

Congrats. I'll be watching your other videos too now.

darthmalice777
15th August 2011, 9:00 PM
Just caught this guy, decided to go for Modest since I already have a Timid one. Finally caught something in a Luxury ball too.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/luxury.pnghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/Victini.gif
Victini | OT:Malice
Modest | Victory Star | Liberty Garden
Confusion | Incinerate | Endure | Hidden Power
31/x/30/31/31/31 - HP Ice 70

Beck
15th August 2011, 11:52 PM
Just caught this guy, decided to go for Modest since I already have a Timid one. Finally caught something in a Luxury ball too.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/luxury.pnghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/Victini.gif
Victini | OT:Malice
Modest | Victory Star | Liberty Garden
Confusion | Incinerate | Endure | Hidden Power
31/x/30/31/31/31 - HP Ice 70

Wow, really nice catch man. I also like Victini in a Timerball.

I know I'm being unnecessarily strict with my search criteria, but what setting do you all typically have when searching for a flawless shiny spread (i.e. Stationary Encounter Type, not Gift). How many IVRNG frames are you comfortable with?

kaiser soze
15th August 2011, 11:53 PM
Well good luck with that! Be sure to post that guy up

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/622.gif
#622 l Golett l Genderless l Lv. 32 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Adamant l Iron Fist l Captured l 5/24/2011 l Dragonspiral Tower l Quick Ball
IVs: 31/31/31/3/31/31 l HP: Dark 70 l EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Iron Defense l Mega Punch l Magnitude l DynamicPunch

Only took 35 Chaolt flips. I should probably remember this seed too; I caught two for fun. Also it seems that recently I haven't been hitting my time fast enough; it seems that often when I miss the seed I'm on the next second over, rather than my Timer0 hating.

Shadow_Assailant
16th August 2011, 12:01 AM
Well, hello thar. I did not notice this thread existed. D: Well, here I am! :D

This is an RNG I just got. I must remember to save his seed because I'm trading one of him off and I'll need another in the event that I need a DW version of him (because I just got a DW Female via trade). Expect to see one or two more posts that are about Murkrow because I like posting about the Pokémon I RNG. :D

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/198.gif

#198 Murkrow | Dark | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Super-Luck | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 4/11/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
Hidden Power/Power: Dark/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

TDawg
16th August 2011, 1:40 AM
Both nice RNGs kaiser and shadow. That's happens to me occasionally too kaiser. And yeah shadow youre a little late! Lol

darthmalice777
16th August 2011, 3:24 AM
Wow, really nice catch man. I also like Victini in a Timerball.

I know I'm being unnecessarily strict with my search criteria, but what setting do you all typically have when searching for a flawless shiny spread (i.e. Stationary Encounter Type, not Gift). How many IVRNG frames are you comfortable with?

Thanks. My other one is in a Repeat ball, and I wanted something in a Luxury ball. I am only comfortable with IV frame 1 because I don't want to have to figure out where to start/stop walking to end up in front of the pokemon in exactly 128 steps.

Beck
16th August 2011, 3:28 AM
Thanks. My other one is in a Repeat ball, and I wanted something in a Luxury ball. I am only comfortable with IV frame 1 because I don't want to have to figure out where to start/stop walking to end up in front of the pokemon in exactly 128 steps.

You found flawless shiny seeds with an IVRNG frame of 1? You're too lucky.

Poke16Freak
16th August 2011, 3:33 AM

how do u save seeds ???

darthmalice777
16th August 2011, 3:33 AM

Yeah....in 2019, lol. The near-flawless seed I used for both Victini were much easier because they weren't flawless and not shiny. I found flawless seeds before 2019, but I wasn't chattering 1000+ times.

Shadow_Assailant
16th August 2011, 4:07 AM
Both nice RNGs kaiser and shadow. That's happens to me occasionally too kaiser. And yeah shadow youre a little late! Lol

Yup. Only a little late. :D Not as late as the old thread, though. :P

Anyways, I told you guys I'd have another Murkrow post. :D This is female and has the DW Ability, Prankster. :D

#198 Murkrow | Dark | Female | Poké Ball
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Prankster | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 4/1/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1

TDawg
16th August 2011, 4:37 AM
Yup. Only a little late. :D Not as late as the old thread, though. :P

Anyways, I told you guys I'd have another Murkrow post. :D This is female and has the DW Ability, Prankster. :D

#198 Murkrow | Dark | Female | Poké Ball
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Prankster | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 4/1/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1

Lol same here:p and again nice Murkrow. and I will probably have a DW Kangaskhan soon:)

Xeluu
16th August 2011, 7:30 AM
Ugh, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to hit my seed for the eggs. I keep wondering if my Timer0 is shifting, but whenever I fly out and re-check it at Victory road, I'm still at C80.

The only other thing I could think would be that perhaps I have my SID wrong, but that shouldn't affect my IVs, right?

I'll probably try one or two more times tonight, and maybe if I have some time tomorrow, but I'm certainly getting frustrated with nothing to show for my time.

Basically, I keep getting the right stats, minus one. I'll have everything where it should be, with, for example, the exception of attack.

On the time finder, under the 4th/5th Gen shiny eggs, I have ditto parent checked off, my everstone nature selected, breeding type is BW, gender ratio set, nature selected, my parent IVs in (and I know they're right since they're both RNG'd.)

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point other than being unable to hit my seed.

jolteon135
16th August 2011, 7:55 AM
I'm thrilled with that video thanks. I'm not too quick to pick this stuff up, but you've explained it so well it's now simple. You speak beautifully and clearly too, and having it Hi Res means all the figures be seen easily.

Congrats. I'll be watching your other videos too now.
Thanks. Glad it helped.

it seems that often when I miss the seed I'm on the next second over, rather than my Timer0 hating.
Same thing here. I've realized that I have a slow reaction time so I have to try to hit it a little earlier, lol. Nice Golett.

how do u save seeds ???
Copy and paste them somewhere. I save most seeds in an excel spreadsheet.
You can also right click and have RNG reporter export them to a CSV (excel) file for you.

Ugh, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to hit my seed for the eggs. I keep wondering if my Timer0 is shifting, but whenever I fly out and re-check it at Victory road, I'm still at C80.

The only other thing I could think would be that perhaps I have my SID wrong, but that shouldn't affect my IVs, right?

I'll probably try one or two more times tonight, and maybe if I have some time tomorrow, but I'm certainly getting frustrated with nothing to show for my time.

Basically, I keep getting the right stats, minus one. I'll have everything where it should be, with, for example, the exception of attack.

On the time finder, under the 4th/5th Gen shiny eggs, I have ditto parent checked off, my everstone nature selected, breeding type is BW, gender ratio set, nature selected, my parent IVs in (and I know they're right since they're both RNG'd.)

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point other than being unable to hit my seed.
If you check at victory road and the IVs match IV frame 14 or IV frame 14+Z (Z is the number of Pokemon in your party) then that means you hit yours seed.

You're probably hitting the wrong PID frame. Find what PID frame you're hitting (in the main window) and adjust accordingly.

Kailassa
16th August 2011, 12:39 PM

I found a shiny seed on IV frame one, nearest shiny frame 55, starting frame 55, for this April. It's only 31/31/31/x/31/31, but it's fun to be able to quickly pick up slot 5 pokes from places with no NPCs.

I guess I was pretty lucky.

For more distant PID frames I never count out more than 20 chattot flips.
- but I count out 20 over and over, each time jotting down the number I'm up to on scrap paper. .... Didn't pokemon once have an app for that?
For those of us who lose concentration easily, that makes it much easier.

Of course with IV frames the repels do most of the counting for you, so you just have to write down the turns to factor them into the PID frames.

Nikator
16th August 2011, 4:33 PM
I'm still aiming for my shiny volcarona (this is the first chance i've had to sit down and try it properly) but have hit a problem. I've found a seed for 31/x/31/31/31/31 with keypresses B,R,L at 23:03:45 on a certain date. Usually I have to hit my seed 1 second early so I tried that and got the wrong IVs, tried for similar with pressing 43 seconds.. nothing. I haven't even tried to alter my PID yet I just want to catch the right IV's to check i'm hitting the seed but can't even get that right now keypresses are involved. Does anyone know whats going wrong?

Edit: think I just hit the right seeds. Managed to hit the right IV's, so retried with the pid and got a shiny... but I killed it. *facepalm!*

jolteon135
16th August 2011, 4:55 PM
^Lol, that's why you should have a false swiper. Smeargle is awesome but Haxorus/others are good too.

Xeluu
16th August 2011, 5:30 PM
Hi all, posting this from my phone, so I can't make my post all fancy, but here in my car this morning, waiting for class to start I decided to try again.

I've now got a brand new baby male shiny Zorua. He's 31 across the board, except for his 30 in speed to get HP Ice. And he's timid. The first thing I thought of when I first heard of rnging was getting a shiny Zorua/Zoroark, so I'm incredibly happy!

Jolteon, I think you (and perhaps one other) mentioned the trick of flying out and catching something else to hit your seed, thank you so much! It's so much better to know you hit your seed, than to watse time biking to check eggs randomly.

Rest assured, I'm not done rng'ing, I feel like this is just the beginning now!

Beck
16th August 2011, 5:58 PM
Hi all, posting this from my phone, so I can't make my post all fancy, but here in my car this morning, waiting for class to start I decided to try again.

I've now got a brand new baby male shiny Zorua. He's 31 across the board, except for his 30 in speed to get HP Ice. And he's timid. The first thing I thought of when I first heard of rnging was getting a shiny Zorua/Zoroark, so I'm incredibly happy!

Jolteon, I think you (and perhaps one other) mentioned the trick of flying out and catching something else to hit your seed, thank you so much! It's so much better to know you hit your seed, than to watse time biking to check eggs randomly.

Hey, congrats! I remember the first feeling of success is so tasteful; it honestly feels great having succeeded. And as I'm sure you'll learn the whole process gets much, much easier the more time you put into practicing. It will become second nature soon enough.

darthmalice777
16th August 2011, 6:33 PM

Congrats. Very nicely done poke. Like Beck said, keep it up. The more you do it the easier it becomes.

Nikator
16th August 2011, 6:42 PM
Yes, my first PIDRNG! Thanks for the help guys. And congrats as well Xeluu, I also want a Zorua as my first breeding RNG.
the fight was a bit scary, had my Terrakion false swiping after Thunderus (UT'd) paralyzed it. But it kept boosting then tried to sweep through my team, several revives and dusk balls later it was subdued though xD

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6a/Spr_5b_637_s.png
Volcarona | OT:Nikator
Modest | Flame Body | Relic Castle
Silver Wind | Quiver Dance | Heat Wave | Bug Buzz
31/15/31/31/31/31 - HP Dark 70

Edit: and a shortly following second, time to turn my hand to breeding now!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Spr_5b_646_s.png
Kyurem | OT:Nikator
Timid | Pressure | Giant Chasm
Glaciate | Dragon Pulse | Imprison | Endeavour

darthmalice777
16th August 2011, 6:44 PM
Yes, my first PIDRNG! Thanks for the help guys. And congrats as well Xeluu, I also want a Zorua as my first breeding RNG.
the fight was a bit scary, had my Terrakion false swiping after Thunderus (UT'd) paralyzed it. But it kept boosting then tried to sweep through my team, several revives and dusk balls later it was subdued though xD

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6a/Spr_5b_637_s.png
Victini | OT:Nikator
Modest | Flame Body | Relic Castle
Silver Wind | Quiver Dance | Heat Wave | Bug Buzz

Congratulations to you too. I never get tired of seeing people post their successes.

@Shadow - Very nice Murkrows, I may have to get myself one of those purple birds.

Shadow_Assailant
16th August 2011, 7:27 PM
Congratulations to you too. I never get tired of seeing people post their successes.

I'm glad to see this because I post every time I get a successful RNG. :D

@Darth: Thanks! :D If you want one with the DW Ability, I can help. :D

Poke16Freak
16th August 2011, 9:06 PM

@Shadow - Very nice Murkrows, I may have to get myself one of those purple birds.

If im breeding a genderless pokemon with a ditto. Which is the girl and boy?

darthmalice777
16th August 2011, 9:07 PM
If im breeding a genderless pokemon with a ditto. Which is the girl and boy?

The genderless poke will be the male so you can pass down egg moves.

TDawg
16th August 2011, 9:09 PM
Darthmalice is right but there are no egg moves sadly.

Poke16Freak
16th August 2011, 9:10 PM
The genderless poke will be the male so you can pass down egg moves.

So ditto will become the female correct??

TDawg
16th August 2011, 9:11 PM
Yup always

Xeluu
16th August 2011, 9:41 PM
So, I'm planning on playing around/breeding some more flawless shinies, but I'd like to get myself a smeargle.

Do the swarm pokemon show up on certain encounter slots? Or is it something like a 50% chance at each slot?

The Eleventh
16th August 2011, 9:54 PM
So, I'm planning on playing around/breeding some more flawless shinies, but I'd like to get myself a smeargle.

Do the swarm pokemon show up on certain encounter slots? Or is it something like a 50% chance at each slot?
There's a 40% chance of Smeargle appearing on Route 4, so I presume that there's a 40% of it appearing in each encounter slot, as that would still allow the normal Pokémon to appear. I can't see how else it would work, but I may be wrong.

Beck
16th August 2011, 10:02 PM

There's a 40% chance of Smeargle appearing on Route 4, so I presume that there's a 40% of it appearing in each encounter slot, as that would still allow the normal Pokémon to appear. I can't see how else it would work, but I may be wrong.

You're close. Swarm Pokemon have a 40% chance of appearing in Encounter Slots 0 and 1.

Tarro57
16th August 2011, 10:04 PM
I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Axew. If I do, what would a good HP be for him? And how do you know whether or not it is a good HP for that Pokemon?

Beck
16th August 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Axew. If I do, what would a good HP be for him? And how do you know whether or not it is a good HP for that Pokemon?

Haxorus does not need a specific Hidden Power. Try for at least a quint-flawless IV spread, and maybe a hex-flawless spread if you find a seed. Hidden Power is used to create coverage in a Pokemon's moveset. If you're experienced in making sets it's easy to tell what you need to cover (i.e. major metagame threats, etc). If you're not experienced at making sets refer to Smogon; it generally has the "preferable" sets, Hidden Power type included if necessary.

Tarro57
16th August 2011, 10:14 PM
Haxorus does not need a specific Hidden Power. Try for at least a quint-flawless IV spread, and maybe a hex-flawless spread if you find a seed. Hidden Power is used to create coverage in a Pokemon's moveset. If you're experienced in making sets it's easy to tell what you need to cover (i.e. major metagame threats, etc). If you're not experienced at making sets refer to Smogon; it generally has the "preferable" sets, Hidden Power type included if necessary.

Alright, Thanks! So I should just go for a Flawless, Adamant Axew or a 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant Axew?

Winter02
16th August 2011, 10:17 PM
You're close. Swarm Pokemon have a 40% chance of appearing in Encounter Slots 0 and 1.
Actually, that is wrong. From what I know, swarm Pokemon cannot be RNGed with the current version of the RNG reporter.

Beck
16th August 2011, 10:20 PM
Alright, Thanks! So I should just go for a Flawless, Adamant Axew or a 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant Axew?

Yeah, basically. Both Jolly and Adamant can serve their own purposes so the decision is yours. Your choice of Nature could also be determined by the Item you plan on giving it and the moves you intend for it to have.

Actually, that is wrong. From what I know, swarm Pokemon cannot be RNGed with the current version of the RNG reporter.

Kaphotics said that it was ESV's of 0 and 1 here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3561247&postcount=7853). I'm not completely sure on the specifics but that's the source that I have. Albeit, 40% doesn't guarantee a successful RNG let alone an easy one. I assumed that Xeluu had only planned to catch one rather than RNG one with an Encounter Type of Wild. If, Xeluu, you do plan on RNGing for a qaulity Smeargle, breed for it instead; the same goes for Dust Cloud and Water Spot Pokemon.

Xeluu
16th August 2011, 10:33 PM
I actually just caught myself (lucky!) a Smeargle with 31s in all stats but 2 to use for breeding. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about what I really wanted, so now I need to go catch a ditto with the proper nature for it.

And of course, my timer0 just fluctuated back to the other one again. >_> It seems to fluctuate every few days back and forth between C7F and c80. Oh well.

Winter02
16th August 2011, 10:37 PM
Kaphotics said that it was ESV's of 0 and 1 here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3561247&postcount=7853). I'm not completely sure on the specifics but that's the source that I have. Albeit, 40% doesn't guarantee a successful RNG let alone an easy one. I assumed that Xeluu had only planned to catch one rather than RNG one with an Encounter Type of Wild. If, Xeluu, you do plan on RNGing for a qaulity Smeargle, breed for it instead; the same goes for Dust Cloud and Water Spot Pokemon.
My own source is nothing but this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3616364&postcount=3500).
And from the RNG thread at Smogon:

Areas with Swarming Pokemon currently swarming are not supported. This means you can not RNG in an area with an active swarm, even for swarm Pokemon. Soon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653101&postcount=745).
My guess is that they will add support for Swarms in future versions of the RNG reporter.

Xeluu
16th August 2011, 10:45 PM
And it does appear to me, just from rng'ing a Smeargle for breeding purposes, that at the very least they do appear on frames 1 and 0. But there's no telling which 1/0 it will be on other than to try it. It also won't match up with, for example, the gender on that frame, but the IVs will be correct.

Just what I'm finding here. I could very well be proven wrong.

Edit:
And excitement excitement! I just hatched my http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/235.gif
Male, Jolly, Own Tempo, with 31/31/31/31/31/31. :3
For now, he will be my RNG guy, with False Swipe, Sweet Scent, and I'm gonna see if Chatter for RNG purposes will work on him. (I doubt it, but it'll be fun to try.)

darthmalice777
17th August 2011, 2:56 AM
Just hatched this little lady....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/BAG_PO1.pnghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/Shiny_Snivy_BW.gif
Snivy http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/female.png | OT:Malice
Timid | Overgrow | Hatched: 8/16/11 | Route 3
Tackle | Energy Ball
31/30/30/31/31/31 | HP:Ice 70

TDawg
17th August 2011, 3:06 AM
Just hatched this little lady....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/BAG_PO1.pnghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/Shiny_Snivy_BW.gif
Snivy http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/female.png | OT:Malice
Timid | Overgrow | Hatched: 8/16/11 | Route 3
Tackle | Energy Ball
31/30/30/31/31/31 | HP:Ice 70

Very nice Darthmalice. I love Snivy.
So anyways I was playing around with my team on PO and it hit me i had nothing to hit Dragons. So since Salamence has become unbanned this gen I tried him out. Long story short he raped everyone for me. So I plan to RNG him tonight:D

Kailassa
17th August 2011, 4:24 AM
And it does appear to me, just from rng'ing a Smeargle for breeding purposes, that at the very least they do appear on frames 1 and 0. But there's no telling which 1/0 it will be on other than to try it. It also won't match up with, for example, the gender on that frame, but the IVs will be correct.

Just what I'm finding here. I could very well be proven wrong.

Edit:
And excitement excitement! I just hatched my http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/235.gif
Male, Jolly, Own Tempo, with 31/31/31/31/31/31. :3
For now, he will be my RNG guy, with False Swipe, Sweet Scent, and I'm gonna see if Chatter for RNG purposes will work on him. (I doubt it, but it'll be fun to try.)

Congrats on your crafty canine. Sad to say, (according to Bulbapedia,) you're out of luck re Chatter.
"Chatter is the one of only two moves that cannot be Sketched, presumably because the field move Chatter, when used by a Pokémon other than Chatot does not temporarily change the battle cry of the respective Pokémon to the recorded version even if audio is recorded. This is because recording audio via Chatter activates a Pokémon's alternative cry, where Chatot's alternative cry exclusively depends on what was recorded when the Chatter field move is used. This makes it one of the only two true signature moves, the other one being Sketch itself. The only other moves which can't be Sketched are Struggle and shadow moves which cannot be learned naturally."
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chatter_%28move%29

You'll find Spore is handy to give Smeargle along with the False Swipe and Sweet Scent you're planning. Odor Sleuth or Mean Look can be useful at times, too.

kaiser soze
17th August 2011, 5:13 AM
I use my flawless Smeargle for egg move breeding, namely with Scrafty and Growlithe.

darthmalice777
17th August 2011, 5:20 AM
I use my flawless Smeargle for egg move breeding, namely with Scrafty and Growlithe.

I actually just added spore to my False Swipe/Sweet Scent Smeargle. I can't believe I never thought of that since I learned to RNG...what a slacker I am.

Kaphotics
17th August 2011, 9:13 AM
Swarm calc comes before ESV, and after Synchronize.

0 Initial
1 Sync
2 Swarm
3 ESV
4 Level
5 PID
6 Nature

I took the time to research it here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653101&postcount=745).

To explain how you can RNG swarms now:

Your Wild Pokemon spread (not stationary/spot) must be Synchronizeable. The frame before must be synchronizeable if you intend to synchronize.

Hit the frame before your target, all a swarm check does is do one extra calc, so we shift backwards once!

Word from OD is that it's already in the next version (9.82++). I do not know when he will release it.

Kailassa
17th August 2011, 9:48 AM
To explain how you can RNG swarms now:

Your Wild Pokemon spread (not stationary/spot) must be Synchronizeable. The frame before must be synchronizeable if you intend to synchronize.

Hit the frame before your target, all a swarm check does is do one extra calc, so we shift backwards once!

Word from OD is that it's already in the next version (9.82++). I do not know when he will release it.
This is info I was looking for, thanks.

Now for the fun part, finding a good seed for a swarm and having the swarm you want be there on the day of the seed. Hmm - Does the swarm change as soon as you change the date setting? I've a feeling it doesn't.

Do you think OD would take suggestions? It would be nice if one could copy/paste complete lines from the time finder, and I'd like it to copy all the info on it to the csv file. As is, I have to go through and manually copy in a lot. And it would be better if the date and time were in separate columns. For very specific searches, it would be handy if it could search a year at a time, instead of just 1 month. -

- Just petty stuff, because I've got no complaints about the way it functions. It's a fantastic app to have.

Tarro57
17th August 2011, 3:03 PM
Very nice Darthmalice. I love Snivy.
So anyways I was playing around with my team on PO and it hit me i had nothing to hit Dragons. So since Salamence has become unbanned this gen I tried him out. Long story short he raped everyone for me. So I plan to RNG him tonight:D

What do you mean by "Banned"? Anyways, looking forward to that Green Bagon! Good Luck! I still haven't gotten the Shiny Kibago (Axew). I've searched up to 2014...

Nikator
17th August 2011, 3:11 PM
I actually just added spore to my False Swipe/Sweet Scent Smeargle. I can't believe I never thought of that since I learned to RNG...what a slacker I am.

I must be missing something, whats so good about smeargle? why would he be useful for breeding?

Winter02
17th August 2011, 3:22 PM
I must be missing something, whats so good about smeargle? why would he be useful for breeding?
Smeargle can learn any move (except Chatter), and can therefore pass down any Egg Move(s) to the Pokemon in the same Egg group as itself. Which also means that said group has no illegal egg move combinations.

Nikator
17th August 2011, 4:03 PM
Smeargle can learn any move (except Chatter), and can therefore pass down any Egg Move(s) to the Pokemon in the same Egg group as itself. Which also means that said group has no illegal egg move combinations.

Oh OK thanks, I haven't ventured too far into my soul silver yet! Got a bit distracted with RNGing xD

SphealsFTW
17th August 2011, 6:06 PM
How long does it ussually take you guys to find a seed? Right now, I'm looking for a 30/30/30/30/30/30 non-shiny Ditto with no specific nature and it's taking me a long time to find a seed. I did find one seed but I could never hit it... This is my first attempt at RNGing, so I think I may be doing something wrong.

kaiser soze
17th August 2011, 6:11 PM
How long does it ussually take you guys to find a seed? Right now, I'm looking for a 30/30/30/30/30/30 non-shiny Ditto with no specific nature and it's taking me a long time to find a seed. I did find one seed but I could never hit it... This is my first attempt at RNGing, so I think I may be doing something wrong.

Two important factors that will help:
- Keypresses. The more keypresses, the number of possibilities increases exponentially. Do up to two at least.
- Date range. Try to beak down your search into different months (or do them all at once) until you find a good-looking seed.

I would suggest widening your IV range, but you seem adamant about the hex-30 seed, so go ahead.

What do you mean by "Banned"? Anyways, looking forward to that Green Bagon! Good Luck! I still haven't gotten the Shiny Kibago (Axew). I've searched up to 2014...
Salamence was Uber last generation (AKA banned from OU, "the standard tier")

darthmalice777
17th August 2011, 6:17 PM
Finally decided to go ahead and breed one of these for myself....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/037.gifhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/038.gif
Ninetales http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/female.png | OT:Malice
Timid | Drought | Hatched 8/17/11 | Route 3
Nasty Plot | Flamethrower | Energy Ball | Hidden Power
31/31/31/30/30/31 - HP Ground 70

SphealsFTW
17th August 2011, 6:18 PM
Two important factors that will help:
- Keypresses. The more keypresses, the number of possibilities increases exponentially. Do up to two at least.
- Date range. Try to beak down your search into different months (or do them all at once) until you find a good-looking seed.

I would suggest widening your IV range, but you seem adamant about the hex-30 seed, so go ahead.

-I currently have three, so hopefully I'm just getting unlucky.
-Is there a way to search more than one month at a time? :O

Also, the reason why I'm going for a hex-30 is because I heard it makes it easier to breed for certain HPs. I already have a flawless ditto, and I'm just trying to RNG this one so I can get the hang of it and move onto egg rnging.

Thanks for your help and for replying :]

EDIT: I just caught a level 53 ditto like I was hoping for... however I checked it's IVs and only 3 were 30 :/. I don't know what happened. I'm gonna go redo my paramaters and try a different poke.

Tarro57
17th August 2011, 7:13 PM

Oh, okay, is there a list of banned Pokemon any where, because my brother and I are going to make the ULTIMATE Pokemon team which I'll RNG since he has no experience at it.

kaiser soze
17th August 2011, 7:15 PM
EDIT: I just caught a level 53 ditto like I was hoping for... however I checked it's IVs and only 3 were 30 :/. I don't know what happened. I'm gonna go redo my paramaters and try a different poke.
Check the IV frame maybe; there's a chance you're not aiming for the right one.

Oh, okay, is there a list of banned Pokemon any where, because my brother and I are going to make the ULTIMATE Pokemon team which I'll RNG since he has no experience at it.

Tier list is here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=468340). Do realize that in-game places don't use tiers; they just ban certain legendaries.

EDIT: Clouds don't affect it as far as I know.

Tarro57
17th August 2011, 7:21 PM
Question! Do the clouds on the top of Celestial Tower advance my PID Frame? I'm trying to get a Shiny, Adamant Elgyem so I can get my Shiny, almost Flawless, ADAMANT, Axew.

SphealsFTW
17th August 2011, 7:46 PM
Check the IV frame maybe; there's a chance you're not aiming for the right one.

Tier list is here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=468340). Do realize that in-game places don't use tiers; they just ban certain legendaries.

EDIT: Clouds don't affect it as far as I know.
The thing is, it takes me forever to get just one single stinkin' frame... So I know I'm aiming for the right one. I must be doing something wrong then since I'm sure it doesn't take this long to find multiple frames...

darthmalice777
17th August 2011, 8:21 PM
Decided to breed her too, different moveset....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/037.gifhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/038.gif
Ninetales http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/female.png | OT:Malice
Overheat | Energy Ball | Safeguard | Power Swap
31/31/31/30/30/31 - HP: N/A

Nikator
17th August 2011, 8:33 PM

Nice! I'm trying to PIDRNG a non-stationary shiny whilst reading up how to RNG breed. It's taking me FOREVER to find a near flawless seed on frame 1 with a synchable nature and desired ability, i've only found one so far and that would take 2000 chattot flips!
Jolteon thanks for the videos; they were really helpful in finding my initial pid and ssf!
I must say having read various guides on smogon and elsewhere, no-one seems to have done RNG-breeding justice! Most guides seem adapted from 4th Gen and not as smooth as they could be.. Maybe one day when I have mastered RNG'ing and finished my dissertation...

Edit: Also with these egg-moves and stuff, is it possible to pass down through a ditto if the father already knows the moves? For example if I have a Ferrothorn with Stealth Rock + Leech Seed (I think those have to be egg moved =s ) and bred that would a flawless ditto would it work?

darthmalice777
17th August 2011, 8:42 PM
Edit: Also with these egg-moves and stuff, is it possible to pass down through a ditto if the father already knows the moves? For example if I have a Ferrothorn with Stealth Rock + Leech Seed (I think those have to be egg moved =s ) and bred that would a flawless ditto would it work?

Yes, as long as the father knows the move, it can breed with a ditto and pass down the egg move. That's exactly what I did with Vulpix to get Power Swap.

Nikator
17th August 2011, 8:57 PM
Yes, as long as the father knows the move, it can breed with a ditto and pass down the egg move. That's exactly what I did with Vulpix to get Power Swap.

Ok thanks! I've just watched Bearfans video for shiny egg abuse and it's all starting to come together. I might have to try and get myself a Zorua this evening =D. I think one of the problems i'm having now is that my RNG knowledge has overtaken my pokemon knowledge. I need to go and read some breeding guides, team building guides etc so I understand why people use Smeargles, Ditto's etc xD

Edit: Just hatched this to check I could hit a breeding seed without PID manipulation, Breeding was much easier than I was expecting. I think I may be getting the hang of this now. This is my first result (I don't like shiny Ferrothorn anyways)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/28/597Ferroseed.png/158px-597Ferroseed.png
Ferroseed http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/male.png | OT:Nikator
Relaxed | Iron Barbs | Hatched 8/26/11 | Route 3
Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Toxic/Power Whip (Can't decide)
31/31/31/31/31/0

Edit: Could anyone help me with the moveset and more importantly the EV's. It's for general use and then maybe a sandstorm team. I don't know whether to spread over Hp/Def/Sdef or just two, i'm pretty new to this!

Kaphotics
17th August 2011, 9:41 PM
This is info I was looking for, thanks.

Now for the fun part, finding a good seed for a swarm and having the swarm you want be there on the day of the seed. Hmm - Does the swarm change as soon as you change the date setting? I've a feeling it doesn't.

Do you think OD would take suggestions? It would be nice if one could copy/paste complete lines from the time finder, and I'd like it to copy all the info on it to the csv file. As is, I have to go through and manually copy in a lot. And it would be better if the date and time were in separate columns. For very specific searches, it would be handy if it could search a year at a time, instead of just 1 month. -

- Just petty stuff, because I've got no complaints about the way it functions. It's a fantastic app to have.

you can copypaste individual lines by highlighting them, or you can export the entire result list to csv.

Mix and match with those 2 methods to get what you want

jolteon135
17th August 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't know what happened.

Why don't you find out what happened then? RNG reporter has so many different ways to help you figure out what you're doing wrong, use them.

Here's a list of what you can do for IVs:

Right click seed in the time finder and:
a) Generate adjacent seeds (current frame) <--Tells you if you hit the right IV frame but got the wrong timer0 or started up your game at the wrong time

From the main window
b) Choose method 5 (standard seed)/Starting frame 1 <-- Gives you a list of the IVs for every IV frame so you can figure out if you're hitting your seed but just advancing to the wrong IV frame

c) DS Parameter search: If you have to hold keypresses you can use it to figure out if perhaps the game isn't registering all the buttons you're holding. For example if you have keypress A-B-select and you keep getting the wrong IVs you can do a parameter search for no buttons, A, A & B, A & select or B & select depending on which button you think isn't registering.

And for PIDs it should be obvious. If you hit get the right IVs but hit the wrong PID frame simply check the list of PID frames to figure out what frame you hit.

Nice! I'm trying to PIDRNG a non-stationary shiny whilst reading up how to RNG breed. It's taking me FOREVER to find a near flawless seed on frame 1 with a synchable nature and desired ability, i've only found one so far and that would take 2000 chattot flips!
Jolteon thanks for the videos; they were really helpful in finding my initial pid and ssf!
You're welcome. Remember not the choose "nature" when you using a synchronizer, only "sync nature."

And btw you must realize that what you're searching for is incredibly unlikely.

Assuming you're searching for penta-flawless, shiny, specific nature, specific ability w/sync, there's like a 1 in 1174221283 (That's over a billion) chance of finding that with 3 keypresses/max shiny frame 1000 and there are only like 700 million valid seeds in a month. That means it should take about 2 months (more like 1.5 months actually) with 3 keypresses to find a valid seed that fits that description. I don't know how fast your computer is but on my sh*tty laptop that's slightly less than 6 hours of searching.

That not even taking into account encounter slots. That's why I breed for my shinies 'cause I don't feel like waiting hours for a good seed. :/

Nikator
17th August 2011, 10:40 PM
And btw you must realize that what you're searching for is incredibly unlikely.
That not even taking into account encounter slots. That's why I breed for my shinies 'cause I don't feel like waiting hours for a good seed. :/

Yeah I gave up and am trying to breed now. I'm using an everstone for the nature, but that makes it trickier to find my SSF according to the smogon guide. Can I fly out to somewhere with no-NPC's and sweet scent to find the SSF, or will it be different as not a gift pokemon? (I remember reading something along those lines somewhere, but can't remember if it applies for eggs.)

jolteon135
17th August 2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah I gave up and am trying to breed now. I'm using an everstone for the nature, but that makes it trickier to find my SSF according to the smogon guide. Can I fly out to somewhere with no-NPC's and sweet scent to find the SSF, or will it be different as not a gift pokemon? (I remember reading something along those lines somewhere, but can't remember if it applies for eggs.)
It's not really difficult to find your SSF w/everstone unless you're using (BW, international). Sure nature probably won't help but you still have inheritance, ability and characteristic to narrow down your SSF. To get the characteristics right click in the main window and choose "display parents in search." Enter the parents' IVs and the IVs from RNG and that's it!
To find the IVs from RNG choose method 5 (standard seed) in the main window and look at frame 8.

Also flying to somewhere with No NPCs wouldn't be helpful. There are NPCs on the daycare route so you need to find your SSF on the daycare route to account for the NPC advancement. If you want to know what your starting frame is without any NPC advancement just click "Calculate initial PIDRNG Frame."

Nikator
17th August 2011, 11:31 PM
It's not really difficult to find your SSF w/everstone unless you're using (BW, international). Sure nature probably won't help but you still have inheritance, ability and characteristic to narrow down your SSF. To get the characteristics right click in the main window and choose "display parents in search." Enter the parents' IVs and the IVs from RNG and that's it!
To find the IVs from RNG choose method 5 (standard seed) in the main window and look at frame 8.

Also flying to somewhere with No NPCs wouldn't be helpful. There are NPCs on the daycare route so you need to find your SSF on the daycare route to account for the NPC advancement.

I'm using BW, International since i'm breeding a flawless foreign ditto with a flawless Haxorus. The Haxorus is adamant with everstone. I hammered X to open the menu and hatched the Axew, its male - quiet - mold breaker. looking at the list the first frame it could be is 109. Can I really have a starting frame so high?
Edit: That can't be right anyway since its IV's are wrong - I hit the wrong seed *facepalm* - But I should be using BW international yes?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
17th August 2011, 11:38 PM

"N/A"? Those are HP Ground IVs if you've posted the format in error.

jolteon135
17th August 2011, 11:40 PM
I'm using BW, International since i'm breeding a flawless foreign ditto with a flawless Haxorus. The Haxorus is adamant with everstone. I hammered X to open the menu and hatched the Axew, its male - quiet - mold breaker. looking at the list the first frame it could be is 109. Can I really have a starting frame so high?
Edit: That can't be right anyway since its IV's are wrong - I hit the wrong seed *facepalm* - But I should be using BW international yes?

What do you mean the IVs are wrong? The IVs will be different for each PID frame depending on the parents' IVs/seed IVs. You said the parents' are flawless but unless the seed is also flawless, every PID frame won't produce flawless eggs. And like I said before, to check seed IVs (IVs from RNG) choose method 5 (standard seed) and look at frame 8.

And if you mash X to bring up the menu, exit the menu and grab the egg quickly you shouldn't end up higher than mid 60s (at most).

Yes (BW, International) is the method to use if the parent's are from different languages.

nassirdada
17th August 2011, 11:42 PM
Can someone help me with this ? trying to go for 31/31/30/30/30/30 shiny drought vulpix . Here is what i am doing .. Pic 1 ( DS parameter setup) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/806/90225912.png/ .... Pic 2 ( shiny egg tab ) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/87753204.png/ .... Even when i have no IVs being searched for , I still get no results

jolteon135
17th August 2011, 11:48 PM
Can someone help me with this ? trying to go for 31/31/30/30/30/30 shiny drought vulpix . Here is what i am doing .. Pic 1 ( DS parameter setup) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/806/90225912.png/ .... Pic 2 ( shiny egg tab ) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/87753204.png/ .... Even when i have no IVs being searched for , I still get no results

It's a bug. Your ID/SID are probably still saved as 0/0. Go to the main window, enter your ID/SID and click generate (it doesn't matter what you generate).
Close/reopen RNG reporter and when you open the time finder you should see your ID/SID already saved in there.

Nikator
17th August 2011, 11:51 PM
The IV's were wrong because I must not have hit the seed at the right time or messed up the keypresses. I tried again and used the characteristic table (thanks!) to find my SSF and got 66 which seems more like it... so getting closer!

TDawg
17th August 2011, 11:54 PM
Got myself this guy this morning. Didn't want the confusion Outrage brings and from what I have seen from him Dragon Claw wrecks teams anyways

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/371.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/372.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/373.gif
Bagon|Male|Adamant|Rock Head/Intimidate
Type:http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dragon.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif|Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge 8/01/11
Moves: Rage|Dragon Dance
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31

darthmalice777
18th August 2011, 12:27 AM
"N/A"? Those are HP Ground IVs if you've posted the format in error.

I know, I'm extremely tired today. I bred it with HP Ground intentionally, but did 2 different movesets, and this one without HP as a move. My apologies.

SphealsFTW
18th August 2011, 1:12 AM
How many times are you supposed to try and callibrate your DS? And how do you know when your DS is calibrated? :/

Nikator
18th August 2011, 1:14 AM
Yes, just hatched my first bred shiny. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Special thanks to Darthmalice777 for help earlier today and Jolteon135 for the video's and recent help finding my SSF. Hopefully now my posts can turn from questions into posting my successes =D, going to spend the next few hours hatching a few more till I get the hang of it. (Who needs sleep when your a student anyway!)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/52/Spr_5b_610_s.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b6/Spr_5b_612_s.png
Axew http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/male.png | OT:Nikator
Adamant | Mold Breaker | Hatched 8/1/11 | Route 3
31/31/31/31/31/31

How many times are you supposed to try and callibrate your DS? And how do you know when your DS is calibrated? :/

Only the once, just make sure you get it right. I used to do it everytime but its not neccesary at all!

Tarro57
18th August 2011, 1:16 AM

Only once, you know it is calibrated while doing your parameters, you get the seed and it is calibrated basically... Yep...

Edit:
Yes, just hatched my first bred shiny. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Special thanks to Darthmalice777 for help earlier today and Jolteon135 for the video's and recent help finding my SSF. Hopefully now my posts can turn from questions into posting my successes =D, going to spend the next few hours hatching a few more till I get the hang of it. (Who needs sleep when your a student anyway!)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/52/Spr_5b_610_s.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b6/Spr_5b_612_s.png
31/31/31/31/31/31

Congratz! Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more of those! :P

darthmalice777

31/31/31/31/31/31

Only the once, just make sure you get it right. I used to do it everytime but its not neccesary at all!

Congrats, keep up the good work.

kaiser soze
Keep doing it until you keep getting the same results consistently I recommend at least 5 tests if you're confident with your results.

Tip: try to start at the exact same time for a few tries. If you keep getting the same pokemon (IVs and all), then you're probably doing it right.

SphealsFTW
18th August 2011, 1:23 AM
Keep doing it until you keep getting the same results consistently I recommend at least 5 tests if you're confident with your results.

Tip: try to start at the exact same time for a few tries. If you keep getting the same pokemon (IVs and all), then you're probably doing it right.
Oh, I see. But can the DS ever became uncalibrated after that? And how would you know?

Xeluu
18th August 2011, 1:27 AM
It can, that's if your timer0 fluctuates. Nothing physically changes, but as you go to hit the your seed you won't be able to hit it. And if you keep trying, you'll notice you're consistently getting the wrong pokemon with completely wrong IVs.

My timer0 fluctuates fairly regularly, but most people's don't. You can recalibrate every time, but it's really not necessary.

Sorry if the explanation isn't great, but that's the only way I can think of to explain it.

kaiser soze
18th August 2011, 1:29 AM
Oh, I see. But can the DS ever became uncalibrated after that? And how would you know?
Your Timer0 fluctuates between two values uncontrollably (but almost always one is more consistent). Also your MAC address will change if you play your game on a different DS. But other than that it should stay the same.

Don't forget about the second difference though.

SphealsFTW
18th August 2011, 1:33 AM
Your Timer0 fluctuates between two values uncontrollably (but almost always one is more consistent). Also your MAC address will change if you play your game on a different DS. But other than that it should stay the same.

Don't forget about the second difference though.
Oooh, I see. If I put my game in one ds, then play it in another, and then put it back into the original DS, will the mac adress return to normal?
I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does the DS determine the adress or does the game itself do that?

And thanks for the replies guys :]

jolteon135
18th August 2011, 1:38 AM
Congrats Nikator. :)

Oooh, I see. If I put my game in one ds, then play it in another, and then put it back into the original DS, will the mac adress return to normal?
I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does the DS determine the adress or does the game itself do that?

And thanks for the replies guys :]
The MAC address is determined by the DS. Notice that the MAC address is a part of your WFC settings which has nothing to do with the game cartridge. The same DS always has the same MAC address.

Xeluu
18th August 2011, 1:56 AM
Currently in the process of trading for a Growlithe so I can RNG myself a shiny Arcanine. :D *excited*

I'll probably try for it either tonight after I return from class, or tomorrow morning before class. Wish me luck~

SphealsFTW
18th August 2011, 1:57 AM
Well, my Timer0 doesn't seem to want to stay the same.
I tried starting at the exact same time 8 times in a row, and I got two different Timer0s and two of the same pokemon.
1st I got a Durant/C80
2nd I got a Mienfoo/C7F
3rd I got the same Durant/680
4th I got the same Durant/680
5th I got the same Mienfoo/C7F
6th, Durant
7th, same Mienfoo
and 8th... you guessed it, the same Durant o.o

So what should I do now? Just try a different time and hope that one of them shows up more?

Benefactor
18th August 2011, 2:05 AM
Well, my Timer0 doesn't seem to want to stay the same.
I tried starting at the exact same time 8 times in a row, and I got two different Timer0s and two of the same pokemon.
1st I got a Durant/C80
2nd I got a Mienfoo/C7F
3rd I got the same Durant/680
4th I got the same Durant/680
5th I got the same Mienfoo/C7F
6th, Durant
7th, same Mienfoo
and 8th... you guessed it, the same Durant o.o

So what should I do now? Just try a different time and hope that one of them shows up more?

The timer0 is one thing that can't be controlled. It's quite normal for it to switch between two values. The best thing you can do is try to figure out the most frequent one and stick with that.

Tarro57
18th August 2011, 2:09 AM
AHAHA! I just found my Japanese Pokemon White! It is time to get the Golurk Event and RNG it's IV's! My White has been lost for 4 MONTHS! I just found it in my DS case which I haven't used for 4 MONTHS! How could I have not of thought of it being in there!? Well, time to get that Golurk! Woot!

Suffice
18th August 2011, 4:21 AM
So your most common Timer0, when I search for results does the Timer0 listed need to match the most common Timer0 that I found? Or can I use any of them?

Also, does Chatot raise the frame by 1 frame? Or more?

kaiser soze
18th August 2011, 4:24 AM
So your most common Timer0, when I search for results does the Timer0 listed need to match the most common Timer0 that I found? Or can I use any of them?

You can't control the Timer0, so naturally you pick the one that pops up more often on average.

A Chalot with a recorded Chatter raises the PID frame by 1 (if you don't know what that is go back to the FAQ).

Nikator
18th August 2011, 4:24 AM

best to use your most common, as yo'ull hit that more.
chatot raises the pidframe by 1 when it has a custom chatter. it doesn't affect IV starting frame.

Suffice
18th August 2011, 4:38 AM
Thankies. :)

Kailassa
18th August 2011, 5:01 AM
you can copypaste individual lines by highlighting them, or you can export the entire result list to csv.

Mix and match with those 2 methods to get what you want
Silly me. You can't do it with mouse clicks, but you can c/p from it with keyboard shortcuts, as I realised when reading your post.

I've been collecting good seeds overnights and saving them in spreadsheets so it's easy to find the best one in a hurry.