PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Airvic
25th March 2012, 9:35 PM
I had a question about breeding, i am using standard seed in 5th Gen do i only use the egg tab to hit my seed and that time that is given is when i am suppose to pick up the egg fram 8 since i start off in frame ! for IV?

The Eleventh
26th March 2012, 12:14 AM
I had a question about breeding, i am using standard seed in 5th Gen do i only use the egg tab to hit my seed and that time that is given is when i am suppose to pick up the egg fram 8 since i start off in frame ! for IV?
Yes, you only need the Egg tab for breeding (and the main window to find your calculated starting PID frame). Eggs start on frame 8, as receiving an egg from the day care man advances the frame by 7.

TDawg
26th March 2012, 12:19 AM
Three more RNGs, and now all that's left in Gen IV are some breeds I've been meaning to do with 4th gen exclusive moves, and to tutor the lot of RNGs I did this weekend before sending them to my Black version. And TDawg, that's one hot Lugia. Nothing screams awesome like a pink shiny legendary.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/479.png
#479 Rotom http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/009.png
OT: Hikari / ID: 43764
Modest / Levitate / Genderless / Lvl 15 UT, Old Chateau Rotom
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
ThunderShock / Confuse Ray / Uproar / Double Team
(Diamond RNG)

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/447.png
#447 Riolu
Modest / Steadfast / Male / Riley's Riolu Lvl 1 UT
Quick Attack / Foresight / Endure
(Diamond RNG)

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/133.png
#133 Eevee
Modest / Run Away / Male / Bebe's Eevee Lvl 5 UT
Tackle / Tail Whip / Helping Hand

Lol thanks, and good job. Btw I will have your Gallade done tonight, I promise!

Vandslaux
26th March 2012, 1:38 AM
I've reached the Ruins of Alph, and I plan to RNG a shiny Giratina, as well as inject a TRU Arceus. Where should I be saved? Outside the stage in the snowy area?

TDawg
26th March 2012, 1:42 AM
I've reached the Ruins of Alph, and I plan to RNG a shiny Giratina, as well as inject a TRU Arceus. Where should I be saved? Outside the stage in the snowy area?

Right in front the area where you step and Cynthia will ask if that's the pokemon you want.

cooloolcool
26th March 2012, 1:46 AM
After 2 years, I found my Pearl today. Can someone VM me a link to a gen 4 wonder card injector? And is it easier to RNG in gen 4 or gen 5?

TDawg
26th March 2012, 1:46 AM
After 2 years, I found my Pearl today. Can someone VM me a link to a wonder card injector? And is it easier to RNG in gen 4 or gen 5?

Gen 5 by far, but 4th isn't hard at all. Just harder to master, I guess you could say.

Lifeline
26th March 2012, 2:15 AM
Alrighty, hopefully last question.
I found my SSF and a timid frame, but I can't hit it. One chatter leaves me one frame before, and the next chatter puts me on the next frame. I have tried going to other, higher timid frames to see if those match, but I'm still having the same problem (and I'm tired of doing 180+ chatters)
Is there any way to help this, chatters skipping over the frame I need problem?
I swear, this thudurus better pull its weight on my vgc team. I'm about ready to kill myself.

TDawg
26th March 2012, 2:21 AM
Alrighty, hopefully last question.
I found my SSF and a timid frame, but I can't hit it. One chatter leaves me one frame before, and the next chatter puts me on the next frame. I have tried going to other, higher timid frames to see if those match, but I'm still having the same problem (and I'm tired of doing 180+ chatters)
Is there any way to help this, chatters skipping over the frame I need problem?
I swear, this thudurus better pull its weight on my vgc team. I'm about ready to kill myself.

How many advancements have you been accounting for? 10 or 1 increments?

Lifeline
26th March 2012, 2:34 AM

Well I found a decent +10 ish pattern by doing by 10 increments, and it has matched up so I'm 80% sure my ssf is 460.
My increment of 20 chatters puts me on frame 480, and there is a timid frame at 482. If I do 21 chatters I get 481, which is hasty. Doing 22 chatters gets me on frame 483 which is serious.
I'm not sure if that answers your question but it is the problem I'm having.

Vandslaux
26th March 2012, 2:54 AM
After 2 years, I found my Pearl today. Can someone VM me a link to a gen 4 wonder card injector? And is it easier to RNG in gen 4 or gen 5?

IIRC, by "inject", we usually mean hack the wondercard into the game. At least, I guess.

Edit: now that I look, looks like how you hack wondercards for ROMs.

dewey911p
26th March 2012, 4:11 AM
So im reading up on RNGing Entei and Raikou in SS and i just want to make sure i understand this correctly. I dont need to RNG them in Burnt Tower and its ok to release them, the proper time to RNG them is after i beat the E4 right? I havent read past that point because if i understand this correctly, its pointless to read up on something im not ready to do yet :p

Too Funk to Druck
26th March 2012, 4:16 AM
So im reading up on RNGing Entei and Raikou in SS and i just want to make sure i understand this correctly. I dont need to RNG them in Burnt Tower and its ok to release them, the proper time to RNG them is after i beat the E4 right? I havent read past that point because if i understand this correctly, its pointless to read up on something im not ready to do yet :p

I think it's before you defeat Lance that you have to RNG them, but I'm not sure, since I've only done RNGing in Platinum.

Zevn
26th March 2012, 4:46 AM

You can RNG one of them on your first E4 kill.

-Release them from burnt tower
-Kill the one you want to RNG first
-Save before the Lance battle auto-walk
-Hit delay
-Verify with location of the other roamer (having it on the field will advance your frame, so if you need to hit 14, you will do 12 frame advancements, this takes your starting frame into account, and the field roamer's forced advancement)
-advance your frame (I use chatot here, elm doesn't work)
-start auto-walk sequence
-battle, credits, etc, etc

If you followed the steps correctly, you should have the roamer you want on the field now.

@theabove
Beating the E4 releases any stationary that you killed, or roamer. That's why the RNG is done right before the Lance fight.

dewey911p
26th March 2012, 5:04 AM
You can RNG one of them on your first E4 kill.

-Release them from burnt tower
-Kill the one you want to RNG first
-Save before the Lance battle auto-walk
-Hit delay
-Verify with location of the other roamer (having it on the field will advance your frame, so if you need to hit 14, you will do 12 frame advancements, this takes your starting frame into account, and the field roamer's forced advancement)
-advance your frame (I use chatot here, elm doesn't work)
-start auto-walk sequence
-battle, credits, etc, etc

If you followed the steps correctly, you should have the roamer you want on the field now.

@theabove
Beating the E4 releases any stationary that you killed, or roamer. That's why the RNG is done right before the Lance fight.

edit:
Hey Dewey, you don't happen to have a Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Japanese, or Korean event Darkrai?

491. ANA Darkrai (Timid lvl 50 UT IVs 31/30/31/31/31/31 ID# 12270 OT: ANA) - I think this one is Japanese but i have to double check

But i digress :p So then i should RNG the roamers one at a time by killing the one i want, then beating the E4 each time right? (RNGing the desired roamer before fighting lance of course). Each time I beat the E4 the one i killed will be respawned with the PID i abuse for yes?

Zevn
26th March 2012, 5:10 AM
491. ANA Darkrai (Timid lvl 50 UT IVs 31/30/31/31/31/31 ID# 12270 OT: ANA) - I think this one is Japanese but i have to double check

But i digress :p So then i should RNG the roamers one at a time by killing the one i want, then beating the E4 each time right? (RNGing the desired roamer before fighting lance of course). Each time I beat the E4 the one i killed will be respawned with the PID i abuse for yes?

Yes, and it seems you can only do one at a time. The one you killed is the target roamer, the one(s) left on the field will be used as an indicator. I also suggest having at least one roamer on the field at all times until you have RNG'd all of the roamers for the PID you want. Otherwise you will not be able to verify the last roamer.

I personally suggest using that same Chatot, and roaming method to RNG all of your legends. If you are hitting within 10 of your delay, and on the correct second, it is incredibly unlikely to get roaming location doubles. Especially when you're getting used to hitting your delay, as you don't have to do the time consuming elm check.

I just put my last roamer on the field a few minutes ago, and this is what I see on my reporter. (much simpler than the elm stuff)

R: 31
R: 46
R: 42
R: 37
R: 33
R: 30 {target}
R: 45
R: 39
R: 36
R: 32
R: 29

edit:

Yes ANA is Japanese.
Sigh, trying to find a day to RNG a flawless Ralts is obnoxious. If anyone wants to make my life easier with anything in the Duskull line with good IVs I will make it worth your while. This is a two day offer, because that is how long it will take me to unlock Duskull in the Safari Zone.

Airvic
26th March 2012, 6:36 AM
Thank you SpeedSuicune i had 2 more questions for anyone willing to help.
When breeding since picking up the egg advances the IV frame to eight it doesnt advance the PID frame correct?
and lastly i have been able to get flawless wild pkmn but when i use chatot to advance the PID frame thus changing the encounter slot the pkmn stays the same and the nature even statys the same but pkmn still has Flawless IVs? any advice?

Regiultima
26th March 2012, 6:39 AM
What exactly do the parameters set up? In short, I'm wondering if there is a slim chance that IF I input an incorrect time into my Parameter setup (possibly seconds off) that I could still use the seeds I have found for my current RNGs.

Edit: When should I load up my game when I'm wondercard RNGing?

TDawg
26th March 2012, 7:40 AM
What exactly do the parameters set up? In short, I'm wondering if there is a slim chance that IF I input an incorrect time into my Parameter setup (possibly seconds off) that I could still use the seeds I have found for my current RNGs.

Edit: When should I load up my game when I'm wondercard RNGing?

It is how seeds get generated. It probably wouldn't have found results.

Whenever your seed tells you to while accounting for how many seconds your parameter say it takes to boot your game up.

Well I was trying to get another RNG in today, but NPCs trolled me so I am left with only one which was a BP for Typhlosion X

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/475.png★
#475 Gallade | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | ♂
Jolly | Steadfast | UT @ Lv. 20 | Non-Redis
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70
Ice Punch | Shadow Sneak | Drain Punch | Zen Headbutt

Zevn
26th March 2012, 7:43 AM

Whenever your seed tells you to while accounting for how many seconds your parameter say it takes to boot your game up.

Well I was trying to get another RNG in today, but NPCs trolled me so I am left with only one which was a BP for Typhlosion X

Hehe, pretty.

I'm working on a Careful Bulk Up version of that right now. (RNGing the mother & father)

Does anyone know if it's possible to trick Baoba into calling you sooner about the objects for the safari zone? I really don't want to wait two days to get my Gallade.

Regiultima
26th March 2012, 7:44 AM

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/475.png★
#475 Gallade | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/fighting.gif | -
Jolly | Steadfast | UT @ Lv. 20 | Non-Redis
Ice Punch | Shadow Sneak | Drain Punch | Zen Headbutt

So in short, if my parameters were incorrect than my RNG Reporter wouldn't have found any seeds, right?

As for hitting continue, if I hit the time correctly on my DS (while calculating the time it takes to load up) and say for example I set my DS down to grab a bite to eat (before hitting continue). Would I have to reset the RNG or could I still hit Continue with the same results?

FairyWitch
26th March 2012, 7:59 AM
hey does anyone have a good site for how to rng for 4th gen heartgold and soulsilver im interested thats why...Some pokes i can't get through breeding in 5th gen and im like stuck for some good iv competive pokes that can't pass down rest,sleep talk, or roost....you know mostly 4th gen tutoring moves...

TDawg
26th March 2012, 8:58 AM
Hehe, pretty.

I'm working on a Careful Bulk Up version of that right now. (RNGing the mother & father)

Does anyone know if it's possible to trick Baoba into calling you sooner about the objects for the safari zone? I really don't want to wait two days to get my Gallade.

Try saving at 23:59 and let a minute pass and then save and do it again. It should trick the game into thinking 2 actual days passed, but I am not fully sure if that will work.

So in short, if my parameters were incorrect than my RNG Reporter wouldn't have found any seeds, right?

As for hitting continue, if I hit the time correctly on my DS (while calculating the time it takes to load up) and say for example I set my DS down to grab a bite to eat (before hitting continue). Would I have to reset the RNG or could I still hit Continue with the same results?

It wouldn't have found seeds that would work for your DS, but it would find seeds.

You should be fine.

hey does anyone have a good site for how to rng for 4th gen heartgold and soulsilver im interested thats why...Some pokes i can't get through breeding in 5th gen and im like stuck for some good iv competive pokes that can't pass down rest,sleep talk, or roost....you know mostly 4th gen tutoring moves...

Smogon.

As for me I decided to not let this guy get passed me tonight.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/152.png★
#152 Chikorita | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gif | ♂
Bold | Overgrow | UT @ Lv. 1 | Non-Redis
Ancientpower | Leech Seed | Aromatherapy

FairyWitch
26th March 2012, 9:35 AM
Smogon.

As for me I decided to not let this guy get passed me tonight.

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/152.png★
#152 Chikorita | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gif | ♂
Bold | Overgrow | UT @ Lv. 1 | Non-Redis
Ancientpower | Leech Seed | Aromatherapy

oh nice shiny chikorita :D i want one now lol so jealous but okay ill try smogon but i tend to not understand that site i just learned by video more then anything or other sites besides smogon but ill try...

Lifeline
26th March 2012, 2:17 PM

Well I found a decent +10 ish pattern by doing by 10 increments, and it has matched up so I'm 80% sure my ssf is 460.
My increment of 20 chatters put me on frame 480, and there is a timid frame at 482. If I do 21 chatters I get 481, which is hasty. Doing 22 chatters gets me on frame 483 which is serious.
I'm not sure if that answers your question but it is the problem I'm having.

Not to be annoying/obnoxious but I sincerely need help with this.

FairyWitch
26th March 2012, 6:51 PM
Thank you SpeedSuicune i had 2 more questions for anyone willing to help.
When breeding since picking up the egg advances the IV frame to eight it doesnt advance the PID frame correct?

Im not sure if your using gen 5 or 4 lol...Im assuming its 5 and i don't think the pid frame advances one just picking up the egg :p but i could be wrong...It relays on the chatot chatter to do that...you need to listen to the pitches as well if the pitches are off you didn't hit the seed correctly or the dang timer just being silly :p my advice is don't give up some pokes are more stubborn then others cuaz of there time frames to hit....I notice the frames that are the beginning of the timer are harder for some reason...they take like 10 trys before the timer doesn't want to be silly on me lol...also you may have the chatot count wrong cuaz sometimes the reporter may be off not all the time but it can be off sometimes...there so many options that could be going wrong...did you start a sec early too takes account....you need to let the screen load...also check all the necessary boxs,iternational,ditto, etc...

The Eleventh
26th March 2012, 6:54 PM
Picking up the egg in itself does not advance the PID frame, but there are NPCs on Route 3 that will. You'll have to press X to enter the menu as quickly as possible to start your Chatot advances as soon as the season screen appears. The NPCs will still advance the frame, usually by 2-5. You'll have to try and account for these advances.

and lastly i have been able to get flawless wild pkmn but when i use chatot to advance the PID frame thus changing the encounter slot the pkmn stays the same and the nature even statys the same but pkmn still has Flawless IVs? any advice?
Are you certain your Chatot has a custom Chatter?

Stiffler83
26th March 2012, 8:29 PM
Hey team, I have a very opinion/experience based question.

At this point I feel like I've pretty well mastered gen 5 regular RNG, and was wondering how much harder/what the learning curve is for C-Gear RNG??

The Eleventh
26th March 2012, 8:36 PM
Hey team, I have a very opinion/experience based question.

At this point I feel like I've pretty well mastered gen 5 regular RNG, and was wondering how much harder/what the learning curve is for C-Gear RNG??
C-Gear RNGing is very similar to Gen IV, except it's more difficult as both even and odd delays can be hit (only even or odd can be hit at any one time with Gen IV). It's a lot more difficult than standard abuse, as instead of being as precise as one second, you'll have to be as precise as 1/60 second. It's very possible, though, but requires far more effort than is needed for standard abuse.

dewey911p
26th March 2012, 8:52 PM
Adding to what Speed said, the C-Gear also advances the PID at a consistent rate making it almost impossible to control the PIDRNG like you can with standard seed abuse and as such, C-Gear abuse is inferior to standard seed abuse in almost every way with the exception of entralink abuse. If you want a harder challenge, but dont want to waste your time, try gen 4 abuse

Too Funk to Druck
26th March 2012, 9:37 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/93/Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/313.gif★
#313 Volbeat | NN: None | Gender:♂
OT: Ayumi~♥ | ID: 02999
Bold | Hatched: 4/1/2011 | Skyarrow Bridge
Type: Bug/Flying| Ability: Prankster
Tackle | Baton Pass | Protect | U-turn
31/x/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A

I think this is the first thing I RNGed since January. I wanted to do something quick in Gen V before I jumped back into Gen IV, so I did this. I could've done the Reshiram event I have sitting there, but I didn't feel like it. Meh.

Forsaken Greninja
27th March 2012, 1:57 AM
ok... Im just confused about Rngin... I can never get me shiny Sewaddle like this... Unless if someone can explain Rngin word for word here... And im sorry if i waste everyones time... Im justa fail shiny Rng hunter...

TDawg
27th March 2012, 2:15 AM
ok... Im just confused about Rngin... I can never get me shiny Sewaddle like this... Unless if someone can explain Rngin word for word here... And im sorry if i waste everyones time... Im justa fail shiny Rng hunter...

You have start with what your problem is before we can help. RNG is too broad to give you an answer. I suggest actually reading up on Smogon, or even here and watching bearsfan092drum's videos, and Jolteon's videos. They can both be found on the first page.

EDIT: Yes, just yes.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/nestball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/622.gif★
#622 Golett - ゴビット | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ground.gif http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | -
Adamant | Iron Fist | UT @ Lv. 31
31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 31 | Electric 59

Too Funk to Druck
27th March 2012, 4:12 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/485.gif★
#485 Heatran | NN: None | Gender:♂
OT: Ayumi~♦ | ID: 44751
Modest | Hatched: 4/1/2012 | Stark Mountain
Type: Fire/Steel| Ability: Flash Fire
Stealth Rock | Crunch | Earth Power | Lava Plume
30/10/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice

I wasn't planning on doing another RNG until my birthday, but I needed to get my mind off of things, so I did the last non-event legend I had on Platinum. The one thing I've learned from RNGing? You can have a high 'A' in Pre-calculus, but it means nothing when it comes to real math like adding, subtracting, and counting.

I guess the next thing to do is breeding. And then re-RNGing my TID/SID on HG.

TDawg
27th March 2012, 8:21 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/479.gif★
#479 Rotom | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | -
Calm | Levitate | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Ice 70

This one I got accidentally because I didn't attach the Everstone for Modest nature.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/479.gif★
#479 Rotom | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/electric.gif http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | -
Modest | Levitate | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Ice 70

A BP for a clanmate.

Zevn
27th March 2012, 8:30 AM
I've been hitting right above and right below my target delay for an hour.

Airvic
27th March 2012, 8:41 AM
I've been hitting right above and right below my target delay for an hour.
This a pain! sometimes you have to if possible swtich seeds

Zevn
27th March 2012, 8:42 AM
This a pain! sometimes you have to if possible swtich seeds

Nah, it's just one of those days.

I used this seed without fail for a bunch of other stuff already.

edit:

took a nap. I dreamt that I was trying to RNG outcomes to events in my life by going to sleep(in the dream) and waking up at the right time.

Airvic
27th March 2012, 11:56 AM
Zevn thats too funny! wish we could do that in life we all would have perfect health and total happiness.

Vandslaux
27th March 2012, 2:57 PM
I'm RNGing the Red Gyarados, verifying my seed with Entei and Raikou's locations. I've hit my seed, advance to my target frame (my starting frame is 3.. right?), but I get Relaxed, Somewhat Stubborn. The only Relaxed frames are on 10 and 54, both way off my target frame, and on those, the IVs don't match up. Do my ID/SID matter for the Red Gyarados? Also, does Gyarados count as an NPC?

Also, should I stop at the Elm/Irwin response before my target frame, or the response of my target frame?

TDawg
27th March 2012, 4:41 PM
I'm RNGing the Red Gyarados, verifying my seed with Entei and Raikou's locations. I've hit my seed, advance to my target frame (my starting frame is 3.. right?), but I get Relaxed, Somewhat Stubborn. The only Relaxed frames are on 10 and 54, both way off my target frame, and on those, the IVs don't match up. Do my ID/SID matter for the Red Gyarados? Also, does Gyarados count as an NPC?

Also, should I stop at the Elm/Irwin response before my target frame, or the response of my target frame?
Your starting frame would be 3 but I think there are npcs there. Gyarados shouldn't count though and you want to stop at the frame before your target frame. Also ID and SID do not matter

Airvic
27th March 2012, 4:59 PM
I just hatched my Shiny Axew!!!! Flawless thanks to this thread!!!!

Zevn
28th March 2012, 3:43 AM
Quick question about HG/SS egging.

-Will having two roamers on the field effect the process of getting a shiny egg?
-If my egg frame is 1, do they make it inaccessible?

These are about making sure there's a shiny egg, not about getting the correct IVs (I already know they will have an effect on those frames).

Which parent is parent A, and which is parent B?

edit:
So... I verified that I hit the seed, and then the egg wasn't shiny.

:|

Is that because the roamers are out?

TDawg
28th March 2012, 6:28 AM
Quick question about HG/SS egging.

-Will having two roamers on the field effect the process of getting a shiny egg?
-If my egg frame is 1, do they make it inaccessible?

These are about making sure there's a shiny egg, not about getting the correct IVs (I already know they will have an effect on those frames).

Which parent is parent A, and which is parent B?

edit:
So... I verified that I hit the seed, and then the egg wasn't shiny.

:|

Is that because the roamers are out?

Thats a good question, but I don't think they effect it. You could try a egg frame that accounts for the roamers to see what happens. I don't think Smogon has details about this either thoug.

Parent A is the first parent you put in the daycare and Parent B is the other one.

Zevn
28th March 2012, 6:42 AM
Thats a good question, but I don't think they effect it. You could try a egg frame that accounts for the roamers to see what happens. I don't think Smogon has details about this either thoug.

Parent A is the first parent you put in the daycare and Parent B is the other one.

I'm just going to catch the roamers... seeing as I did hit the seed and it wasn't shiny, I can't think of what else could be having an effect on it. Soft resets help so much here, between the two, Entei and Raiku have soaked 400 premier balls.

As it turns out Tdawg, I did save the Ralts/Duskull from the first file.

TDawg
28th March 2012, 6:53 AM
I'm just going to catch the roamers... seeing as I did hit the seed and it wasn't shiny, I can't think of what else could be having an effect on it. Soft resets help so much here, between the two, Entei and Raiku have soaked 400 premier balls.

As it turns out Tdawg, I did save the Ralts/Duskull from the first file.

Idk how you do it. You should download a Mean look catcher smeargle on pokecheck. I have used it so much. Or you could just RNG your own.

Zevn
28th March 2012, 7:01 AM
I use a special defense and speed invested gengar with an attack reducing nature + mean look, taunt, hypnosis, and thief.

Then I use x accuracy x2, and throw balls at the sleeping 1p guy until I'm out of hypnosis PP or the roamer is caught.

I have a smeargle like that actually, but I haven't leveled him high enough to really withstand the fight. I use him to get them to 1hp though.

edit:
Figures that once I start to complain about how many it takes to catch them, I get it on the fourth ball of this SR.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/243.gif
#243 Raikou|Timid|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|
|Thunderbolt|Calm Mind|Shadow Ball|Substitute|
|Route 36|Mischievous|

TDawg
28th March 2012, 7:57 AM
I use a special defense and speed invested gengar with an attack reducing nature + mean look, taunt, hypnosis, and thief.

Then I use x accuracy x2, and throw balls at the sleeping 1p guy until I'm out of hypnosis PP or the roamer is caught.

I have a smeargle like that actually, but I haven't leveled him high enough to really withstand the fight. I use him to get them to 1hp though.

edit:
Figures that once I start to complain about how many it takes to catch them, I get it on the fourth ball of this SR.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/243.gif
#243 Raikou|Timid|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|
|Thunderbolt|Calm Mind|Shadow Ball|Substitute|
|Route 36|Mischievous|

Great job! I really like that Raikou. Anyways I really need something to RNG! D: I have nothing to do for 2 weeks! I am having a laid back spring break this year.

Zevn
28th March 2012, 8:02 AM
I suggest compiling a list of things that don't need egg moves to be used well in competitive, then going out and RNGing them all in your favorite ball.

>.>

I would obviously do them in premier, but you get the idea.

TDawg
28th March 2012, 8:13 AM
I suggest compiling a list of things that don't need egg moves to be used well in competitive, then going out and RNGing them all in your favorite ball.

>.>

I would obviously do them in premier, but you get the idea.

Yeah good idea. I really want a Zangoose in a great ball, but it's trolling me so I am going to take a break from that guy.

EDIT:

Which ball should I use for http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/553.gif?

Zevn
28th March 2012, 8:23 AM
Luxury Ball?

His color scheme doesn't directly match any.

If you really want to be trolled, try catching something in the Beldum line in a pokeball.

TDawg
28th March 2012, 8:28 AM
Luxury Ball?

His color scheme doesn't directly match any.

If you really want to be trolled, try catching something in the Beldum line in a pokeball.

Lol I was only being trolled by NPCs. I do want a Japanese Shiny Metagross, though. That will be added to my to do list.

EDIT:
Okay so Nest ball looks good with Sandile, so I had to get 2.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/ultraball.pnghttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/nestball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/551.gif★
#551 Sandile - メグロコ | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ground.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dark.gif | ♂
Adamant | Intimidate | UT @ Lv. 20

Zevn
28th March 2012, 9:06 AM
So...

I've confirmed that I hit the seed for the shiny egg with a frame of 1(this means egg frame right?)

turn in the parents, father{a}->mother{b}
walk outside
run around
save in front
take egg
hatch egg
...not shiny

Why?

The Eleventh
28th March 2012, 9:20 AM
-Snip-
Are you certain your ID/SID is entered correctly?

Zevn
28th March 2012, 9:24 AM
Are you certain your ID/SID is entered correctly?

Yes, it is entered correctly. With it I have correctly RNGd all the roamers on this save file, a Ralts, and Lugia.

TDawg
28th March 2012, 10:04 AM
Yes, it is entered correctly. With it I have correctly RNGd all the roamers on this save file, a Ralts, and Lugia.

Well all I can really think of is that you didn't check the shiny only box when searching for seeds.

With this guy done, I am headed off to bed.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/495.gif★
#495 Snivy | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gif | ♂
Adamant | Overgrow | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 25 | 31 | 31 | Dark 59

Zevn
28th March 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm going to catch the Entei. It seems like the only possibility.

edit:
Would be nice if I could RNGsome DW starters, cheating is still the only way right?

Just exclaimed, "holy sh**."

Entei is trolololololing me, one shake short of capture like 50 out of 150 balls.

edit:

An hour and a half... and 125 balls later, still not caught.

do-re-mi
28th March 2012, 3:51 PM
Could someone please help me? I suck so hard at rng-ing, I used to try countless times but I apparently kept making little mistakes I wasn't aware of because I thought I did everything right but it never worked...
I eventually gave up on it, but I now really want my Event-Reshiram to be flawless and modest. It's still with the delivery guy at the pokemon center.
Maybe someone has the patience to guide me through this?
Thanks in advance

Too Funk to Druck
28th March 2012, 4:37 PM
Could someone please help me? I suck so hard at rng-ing, I used to try countless times but I apparently kept making little mistakes I wasn't aware of because I thought I did everything right but it never worked...
I eventually gave up on it, but I now really want my Event-Reshiram to be flawless and modest. It's still with the delivery guy at the pokemon center.
Maybe someone has the patience to guide me through this?
Thanks in advance

Well, I'll try to help. First, have you calibrated?

The Eleventh
28th March 2012, 5:34 PM
With this guy done, I am headed off to bed.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/495.gif★
#495 Snivy | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/grass.gif | ♂
Adamant | Overgrow | UT @ Lv. 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 25 | 31 | 31 | Dark 59
Shiny Snivy is one the RNGs I want to do the most. I'm going to wait a while, though. I've wanted a shiny Contrary Snivy ever since the release of Black and White, but I doubt that dream will ever come to fruition. ;_;

I'm eagerly waiting the release of RNG Reporter 9.96 at the moment, since I've moved on to Emerald PID abuse. I'm finding it hard to locate good shiny frames within reason without using an Everstone, so once 9.96 has Emerald egg PID abuse supported (which'll include Everstone breeding), I'll be able to continue on with my current project.

Agonist
28th March 2012, 7:22 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/115.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Scrappy
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31
Crunch | Endure | Outrage | Sucker Punch
UT @ Lv. 49

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwf/315.png
Agonist | 00001 | Timid | Natural Cure
31 | 14 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Absorb | Synthesis | Sleep Powder | Leaf Storm
UT @ Lv. 1

31 | 2 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}

Agonist | 00001 | Calm | Natural Cure
31 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
UT @ Lv. 1

UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/517.png
Agonist | 00001 | Relaxed | Telepathy
31 | 18 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 2 {Fighting 70}
Magic Coat | Sleep Talk | Barrier | Baton Pass
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/518.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
30 | 27 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 2 {Fighting 70}
Calm Mind | Trick Room | Hidden Power | Hypnosis
UT @ Lv. 51

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/532.png
Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Guts
31 | 31 | 31 | 11 | 31 | 0
Smack Down | Bulk Up | Drain Punch | Mach Punch
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/622.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Iron Fist
31 | 31 | 31 | 14 | 31 | 31
Iron Defense | Mega Punch | Magnitude | DynamicPunch
UT @ Lv. 30

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/634.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Hustle
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31
Crunch | Body Slam | Outrage | Dragon Tail
UT @ Lv. 71

TDawg
28th March 2012, 9:40 PM
Shiny Snivy is one the RNGs I want to do the most. I'm going to wait a while, though. I've wanted a shiny Contrary Snivy ever since the release of Black and White, but I doubt that dream will ever come to fruition. ;_;

I'm eagerly waiting the release of RNG Reporter 9.96 at the moment, since I've moved on to Emerald PID abuse. I'm finding it hard to locate good shiny frames within reason without using an Everstone, so once 9.96 has Emerald egg PID abuse supported (which'll include Everstone breeding), I'll be able to continue on with my current project.

Same here :/ I would love just a Unburden Treecko to be honest.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/115.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Scrappy
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31
Crunch | Endure | Outrage | Sucker Punch
UT @ Lv. 49

31 | 14 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
UT @ Lv. 1

31 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
UT @ Lv. 1

UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/517.png
31 | 18 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 2 {Fighting 70}
Magic Coat | Sleep Talk | Barrier | Baton Pass
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/518.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
30 | 27 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 2 {Fighting 70}
Calm Mind | Trick Room | Hidden Power | Hypnosis
UT @ Lv. 51

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/532.png
Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Guts
31 | 31 | 31 | 11 | 31 | 0
Smack Down | Bulk Up | Drain Punch | Mach Punch
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/622.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Iron Fist
Iron Defense | Mega Punch | Magnitude | DynamicPunch
UT @ Lv. 30

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/634.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Hustle
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31
Crunch | Body Slam | Outrage | Dragon Tail
UT @ Lv. 71

Great breeds and captures as always, man. You always seem to RNG in great numbers.

Agonist
29th March 2012, 12:17 AM
Haha I did the Roselia about a week ago, and then for the others, I did two days ago, and would've done more, but my Timer0 was being horrendous. Nice Snivy, by the way. ;)

TDawg
29th March 2012, 12:48 AM
Haha I did the Roselia about a week ago, and then for the others, I did two days ago, and would've done more, but my Timer0 was being horrendous. Nice Snivy, by the way. ;)

Thanks, I love Coil Serperior:P

BP for someone on Smogon. I had to EV it as well.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/553.gif
#553 Krookodile | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ground.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dark.gif | ♂
Adamant | Moxie | EVed @ Lv. 100
31 | 31 | 31 | 19 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70 | Choice Scarf
Crunch | Stone Edge | Pursuit | Earthquake

Typhlosion X
29th March 2012, 12:57 AM
I did a search of all the shiny spreads for my non-abused HGSS ID/SID with a relatively low frame, and I found a great Timid spread and a Jolly spread. What's the starting frame for Raikou and Latios, if Entei is captured?

Agonist
29th March 2012, 1:46 AM
Thanks, I love Coil Serperior:P

BP for someone on Smogon. I had to EV it as well.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/553.gif
#553 Krookodile | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ground.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dark.gif | ♂
Adamant | Moxie | EVed @ Lv. 100
31 | 31 | 31 | 19 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70 | Choice Scarf
Crunch | Stone Edge | Pursuit | Earthquake

I can't believe I've yet to do a Sandile :s and it's so adorable too. Good job, as well as the two previous ones I saw you post!

Forsaken Greninja
29th March 2012, 2:01 AM
You have start with what your problem is before we can help. RNG is too broad to give you an answer. I suggest actually reading up on Smogon, or even here and watching bearsfan092drum's videos, and Jolteon's videos. They can both be found on the first page
EDIT: Yes, just yes.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/nestball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/622.gif★
#622 Golett - ゴビット | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ground.gif http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/ghost.gif | -
Adamant | Iron Fist | UT @ Lv. 31
Now see... I try my RNG skills as ive been finding some shinys all by myself... After this my shinys STILL might appear in RE... But i shine hunt cuz i want them for my team... and i have a DW Nidorino in my team that KOed a Shiny lv 100 Charizard with 2 jabs of Poison Jab...
Now... What im tryin to say is....
I started shiny rnging 6-5 weeks ago.... I kept on usin Sweet Scent but not changing the frame to match what frame i needed... Which gave me a crud pkmn... Also id like to RNG a Hustle Male Nidoran egg but make it shiny... How do...?

dewey911p
29th March 2012, 2:19 AM
I did a search of all the shiny spreads for my non-abused HGSS ID/SID with a relatively low frame, and I found a great Timid spread and a Jolly spread. What's the starting frame for Raikou and Latios, if Entei is captured?

1 and 5 respectively, but double check smogon to be sure

Now see... I try my RNG skills as ive been finding some shinys all by myself... After this my shinys STILL might appear in RE... But i shine hunt cuz i want them for my team... and i have a DW Nidorino in my team that KOed a Shiny lv 100 Charizard with 2 jabs of Poison Jab...
Now... What im tryin to say is....
I started shiny rnging 6-5 weeks ago.... I kept on usin Sweet Scent but not changing the frame to match what frame i needed... Which gave me a crud pkmn... Also id like to RNG a Hustle Male Nidoran egg but make it shiny... How do...?

egg RNGing is straight PID advancement so just find the shiny frame you want and advance the PID like you would for any other RNG

On a personal note, I've finally hit Lugia and im about to RNG my first gen 4 legendary (need to download a Timid syncronizer from pokecheck first though as i dont have the means to breed one or catch one :/) I was wondering if Lugia's PID id set during the cut scene or at the start of battle. So do i RNG it outside before the dance or before i talk to it? As for advancing the frame i dont have pokerus turned in and i havent been to Kanto, so how do i verify my seed and how do i advance the frame without calling elm (Juggler Irwin works the same right? but does he advance the PID frame too?) Im also still unsure of gen 4 mechanics too, does walking in a cave advance the PID? My frame is 10 and i assume my starting frame is one (do the roamers affect this?). In case you guys cant tell, i havent found a good gen 4 RNG guide yet. All of the ones i find focus on egg RNGing and RNGing the roamers, but not much on stationary legends. The guides at smogon didnt help much either so im still in the dark for most of this :/

Typhlosion X
29th March 2012, 2:43 AM
On a personal note, I've finally hit Lugia and im about to RNG my first gen 4 legendary (need to download a Timid syncronizer from pokecheck first though as i dont have the means to breed one or catch one :/) I was wondering if Lugia's PID id set during the cut scene or at the start of battle. So do i RNG it outside before the dance or before i talk to it? As for advancing the frame i dont have pokerus turned in and i havent been to Kanto, so how do i verify my seed and how do i advance the frame without calling elm (Juggler Irwin works the same right? but does he advance the PID frame too?) Im also still unsure of gen 4 mechanics too, does walking in a cave advance the PID? My frame is 10 and i assume my starting frame is one (do the roamers affect this?). In case you guys cant tell, i havent found a good gen 4 RNG guide yet. All of the ones i find focus on egg RNGing and RNGing the roamers, but not much on stationary legends. The guides at smogon didnt help much either so im still in the dark for most of this :/

I doubt it about Lugia's PID. You can't verify your delay with calls in Lugia's cave, but you can outside of it, and Irwin works the same as Elm, though I don't know which phrases correspond with Elm's, or you could make use of the Chatter pitch if your ears are good. As for advancing, once you've verified, if your frame is low, you can advance with Elm calls and Chatot works as well, if you have access to them.
And yeah, I think turning in areas with wild pokes advances it erratically in HGSS. I want to say the roamers advance the RNG by one for each one active just like in DPPt but it's recommended to kill them off to RNG stationaries in HGSS.

Zevn
29th March 2012, 5:50 AM
First ball of the soft reset yields:

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/244.gif
#244 Entei|Timid|Pressure|31|14|31|31|31|31|
|Flamethrower|Calm Mind|Solar Beam|Sunny Day|
|Route 34|Mischievous|

@Ty That isn't true. The frame advancement for legends has ALWAYS been 1 per legend for me.

Dewey, verify your seed with your sprite adjacent to Lugia with your roamer locations, and compensate for the frame advancement of 1 or 2 based on how many you have out.

edit:

I have confirmed a shiny careful male ralts at the daycare.

Are there going to be forced frame advancements like in Black? My target is "P E P P P E K" but when I think I've hit my target I get "P P P E K" am I correct to stop there?

Eh, well I guess I'll see with pokecheck since I dunno another way to check IVS on silver.

^nevermind on all that. I have confirmed a forced advancement of 2.

http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/004.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/475.gif Azureus
#475 Gallade|Careful|Steadfast|31|31|31|07|31|31|
|Drain Punch|Bulk Up|Ice Punch|Shadow Sneak|
|Goldenrod City|Somewhat vain|

So yeah, someone help me decide what else to RNG. T_T

I have decided on:
Brave Bird/Stealth Rock/Roost/Whirlwind Skarmory
Bullet Punch/Swords Dance/Bug Bite/Roost Scizor

So what else? (Also taking votes on whether or not I should obtain a diamond version tomorrow.)

Too Funk to Druck
29th March 2012, 2:14 PM
Go for Skarmory. And I think get Diamond would be good since the only things you have to get off of there are the pixies, Heatran, and Cresselia.

I'd also like to help deciding what to RNG next. What would be a super smart Pokemon? I have an idea for a bp for myself, but I don't know what Pokemon.

Agonist
29th March 2012, 2:46 PM
Make sure you teach that Scizor Superpower. :c

@ Too Funk To Druck: try doing a ribbon project, those keep you busy for a while.

Zevn
29th March 2012, 2:54 PM
Make sure you teach that Scizor Superpower. :c

@ Too Funk To Druck: try doing a ribbon project, those keep you busy for a while.

@11jcoul
I don't plan on using that variant.

>.>

@toofunk
It has to be diamond or pearl so that I can tweak to get Darkrai. Darkrai doesn't appear in platinum even if you tweak to newmoon if you don't have a member card.

Agonist
29th March 2012, 3:11 PM
But you should still tutor it on, that way you can get both variants.

Also, since the Members Card wasn't ever released for DP, Darkrai from those games is considered hacked. Same with Shaymin. (not to mention it can take quite a while to actually get to their islands, assuming you do it right.)

Zevn
29th March 2012, 3:28 PM
But you should still tutor it on, that way you can get both variants.

Also, since the Members Card wasn't ever released for DP, Darkrai from those games is considered hacked. Same with Shaymin. (not to mention it can take quite a while to actually get to their islands, assuming you do it right.)

So there's no correct way to obtain Darkrai?

Agonist
29th March 2012, 3:29 PM
Members card in platinum, or one of the number of Darkrai events.

Zevn
29th March 2012, 3:37 PM
Members card in platinum, or one of the number of Darkrai events.

I am under the impression that the members card is no longer obtainable. Is this incorrect?

Anyway, I guess I'll just get Platinum.

I've actually got a question about Shedinja, will it inherit the IVs/nature/shininess I RNG for the Nincada?

dewey911p
29th March 2012, 4:53 PM
I am under the impression that the members card is no longer obtainable. Is this incorrect?

Anyway, I guess I'll just get Platinum.

I've actually got a question about Shedinja, will it inherit the IVs/nature/shininess I RNG for the Nincada?

yea, once Nincda evolves int Ninjask, Shedinja will appear in your party just as if it had evolved from Nincada, so it will be the exact same

Agonist
29th March 2012, 5:09 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/248.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Sand Stream
Dark Pulse | Crunch | Stone Edge | Earthquake
UT @ Lv. 60

Been wanting one of these for a quite a while now.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/472.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Bag_Great_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Sand Veil
U-Turn | Swords Dance | Gullotine | X-Scissor
UT @ Lv. 57

Got this because I could

TDawg
29th March 2012, 9:02 PM
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/ultraball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/375.gif★
#375 Metang- メタング | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gif http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | -
Adamant | Clear Body | UT @ Lv. 53
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31 | Electric 59

Took me way too long to find a seed, but I finally have it! Proud of this one, lol.

EDIT: By the way nice Tyranitar and Gliscor, 11tj! Lol I love Acrobatics Glis.

do-re-mi
29th March 2012, 10:18 PM
Well, I'll try to help. First, have you calibrated?
Thank you.
And yes I have.

Agonist
29th March 2012, 10:19 PM
Nice Metang, now you just need to catch some Jolly ones! (you could do what I did, and catch it in different balls as well :p)

TDawg
29th March 2012, 10:29 PM
Nice Metang, now you just need to catch some Jolly ones! (you could do what I did, and catch it in different balls as well :p)

Yeah I used a Synch seed so I could get one, but I am right trying to get a sexy green Onix from Relic Castle, lol. I will probably Multi-ball that capture. But what ball should I use for it? I have the nest ball specifically for onix, then Repeat, Luxury, ultra and quick ball.
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/nestball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/095.gif
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/repeatball.pnghttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/ultraball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/208.gifhttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/quickball.pnghttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/luxuryball.png

Any other ball? I don't think I will go for the luxury though, as it doesn't look that good in my opinion.

Oh how I wish you could ribbon pokemon on BW, lol.

abrar14
29th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Ok I haven't really posted in this thread before but i can rng and have been doing so for a while now

My question is how do you Rng your trainer id? I want it to be 00001

TDawg
29th March 2012, 10:44 PM
Ok I haven't really posted in this thread before but i can rng and have been doing so for a while now

My question is how do you Rng your trainer id? I want it to be 00001

Use this guide.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?&do=discuss&groupid=1462&discussionid=6333&gmid=109518#gmessage109518

Agonist
29th March 2012, 11:06 PM
Pfft, people copying my TID

Tdawg, I'd use the Ultra and Quick Ball personally.

Vandslaux
29th March 2012, 11:22 PM
I don't have access to RNG Reporter atm, but I just want to make sure. A 03323/16993 ID/SID combo will yield a shiny HP Fire Timid spread in Method 1, correct?

And I'd go for a Premier Ball as well on the Metang.

EDIT: I have access to RNG Reporter now, and my IDs do yield that. Now I'm wondering: will using a rebattle Lugia code pre-E4 screw up my game? I have caught Lugia before. Should I just play it safe and do Lugia after I beat Lance? Also, what should I do for Lugia? Use my shiny spread, a flawless nonshiny Timid one, and an Impish one, all in Pokeball, Love Ball, and Premier Ball? (AKA hell)

Agonist
30th March 2012, 3:28 AM
I'd wait until after you battle the E4, just to be safe. And why not do all three?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/426.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Aftermath
31 | 22 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
Calm Mind | Shadow Ball | Hidden Power | Baton Pass
UT @ Lv. 49

Now I need to go get a Unburden one.

TDawg
30th March 2012, 3:30 AM
I don't have access to RNG Reporter atm, but I just want to make sure. A 03323/16993 ID/SID combo will yield a shiny HP Fire Timid spread in Method 1, correct?

And I'd go for a Premier Ball as well on the Metang.

EDIT: I have access to RNG Reporter now, and my IDs do yield that. Now I'm wondering: will using a rebattle Lugia code pre-E4 screw up my game? I have caught Lugia before. Should I just play it safe and do Lugia after I beat Lance? Also, what should I do for Lugia? Use my shiny spread, a flawless nonshiny Timid one, and an Impish one, all in Pokeball, Love Ball, and Premier Ball? (AKA hell)

Before E4 so you don't have to face a level 70 Lugia. It won't screw it up as I have done it. You should be fine.

Vandslaux
30th March 2012, 3:31 AM
I am doing all three. Sort of copying you, TDawg, with the Love Ball. Doing only Great Ball and Premier Ball for the nonshiny ones, though.

Yeah.. lv 70 Lugia would kill me before I caught it.

Yay.. now I get to go back down to the Whirl Islands.. :/

So basically:

Nonshiny: Great, Premier
Shiny: Love, Premier, normal

TDawg
30th March 2012, 4:52 AM
I am doing all three. Sort of copying you, TDawg, with the Love Ball. Doing only Great Ball and Premier Ball for the nonshiny ones, though.

Yeah.. lv 70 Lugia would kill me before I caught it.

Yay.. now I get to go back down to the Whirl Islands.. :/

So basically:

Nonshiny: Great, Premier
Shiny: Love, Premier, normal

Heavy ball looks good with normal lugia.

EDIT:

What I did today.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/luxuryball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/610.gif★
#610 Axew - キバゴ | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gif | ♂
Adamant / Jolly | Mold Breaker | UT @ Lv. 31
31 | 31 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31 | Electric 59

This Onix didn't let the timer0 cooperate at all. I tried almost all day for these 3.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/ultraball.pnghttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/quickball.pnghttp://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/nestball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/095.gif★
#095 Onix - イワーク | http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/rock.gif | ♀
Relaxed | Sturdy | UT @ Lv. 48
31 | 31 | 31 | 23 | 31 | 0 | Ice 64

Zevn
30th March 2012, 10:45 AM
The battle frontier is killing my brain.

In other news!

Those are very nice Tdawg. I'm going to do Skarmory as soon as a pick up a Starvia for Whirlwind/Brave Bird, and a mother Skarmory.

The Eleventh
30th March 2012, 5:02 PM
The battle frontier is killing my brain.
TrickScarf is unbelievably helpful. I use Cresselia, Salamence and Scizor (I need to replace the Scizor, though; he's just a placeholder) and I recently hit 70. It's not extremely impressive, but it does give good BPs.

Alternatively, you could lose as soon as you beat Palmer, so that you can make your way to him again for another easy 20 BPs.

Zevn
30th March 2012, 5:12 PM
TrickScarf is unbelievably helpful. I use Cresselia, Salamence and Scizor (I need to replace the Scizor, though; he's just a placeholder) and I recently hit 70. It's not extremely impressive, but it does give good BPs.

Alternatively, you could lose as soon as you beat Palmer, so that you can make your way to him again for another easy 20 BPs.

>.>

I do the Battle Factory since I don't have anything decent to use on my SS file, but thank you. I will keep that in mind.

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 1:33 AM
At this very moment, I'm in battle with a shiny Lugia.. :) Wish me luck in catching a 1 HP sleeping Lugia in a Love Ball.

Edit: and it struggled to death.. :/

edit edit: Just hit my seed again, trying again.

TDawg
31st March 2012, 4:49 AM
At this very moment, I'm in battle with a shiny Lugia.. :) Wish me luck in catching a 1 HP sleeping Lugia in a Love Ball.

Edit: and it struggled to death.. :/

edit edit: Just hit my seed again, trying again.

Good luck! Love ball is definitely worth the struggle.

Shockking
31st March 2012, 5:35 AM
I'm gonna make a rain team. In it will be shiny Politoed and Toxicroak. I might use Kingdra for the last one but it looks bad shiny... (Not too bad if not for a rain team, just I want them all to be blue... But meebe thats dumb...)

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 7:17 AM
Lugia struggled to death 3 times. This is getting annoying.

SakuraLatias
31st March 2012, 7:20 AM
Lugia struggled to death 3 times. This is getting annoying.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. .-. Good luck with Lugia! You'll get it soon!

I just learned myself how to RNG Shaking Spots, Cave Spots, etc. Although that Cave Spots in caves can be annoying. Sometimes you'll get an item.

EDIT: I may/may not to do a tutorial on it. I'll think about it.

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 7:46 AM
I'm starting to think I'm advancing the battle RNG the same way every time, therefore I'm not catching it every time.

dewey911p
31st March 2012, 11:22 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/004.gif
#007 Charmander | Fire | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Timid | Ability: Blaze | Hidden Power: Grass (70)
Date: 1/1/2012 | Obtained: Pallet Town (Oak's gift) | Met at Lvl. 5
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

Just a regular shiny charmander with hp Grass, there is nothing special about it except for the fact that its my first ever Gen 4 RNG and im stoked :D How about a Roost Charizard with Dragon Pulse? This is so cool XD It feels really good when the Elm calls line up like they are suppose to and the roamers are right where they should be :D I would do Lugia or Suicune, but i dont have a timid syncronizer yet and Charmander was Method 1 so i didnt need one. Im probably going to do the roamers next, but they requier a chatot right? iirc thats the only way to advance the frame in the E4 right? Well, at least i know the ID/SID combo i RNGed at first was right (no wifi for the last few days so i couldnt check it)

Still feeling pretty good XD

Zevn
31st March 2012, 11:34 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/004.gif
#007 Charmander | Fire | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Timid | Ability: Blaze | Hidden Power: Grass (70)
Date: 1/1/2012 | Obtained: Pallet Town (Oak's gift) | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Egg Move(s):

Just a regular shiny charmander with hp Grass, there is nothing special about it except for the fact that its my first ever Gen 4 RNG and im stoked :D How about a Roost Charizard with Dragon Pulse? This is so cool XD It feels really good when the Elm calls line up like they are suppose to and the roamers are right where they should be :D I would do Lugia or Suicune, but i dont have a timid syncronizer yet and Charmander was Method 1 so i didnt need one. Im probably going to do the roamers next, but they requier a chatot right? iirc thats the only way to advance the frame in the E4 right? Well, at least i know the ID/SID combo i RNGed at first was right (no wifi for the last few days so i couldnt check it)

Still feeling pretty good XD

It's technically possible to advance your frame with the radio, but I am under the impression that it is occasionally inconsistent.

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 3:03 PM
Um.. met at lv. 1, yet it's a Pallet Town Charmander?

And IDK if it's possible to RNG the roamers at Burned Tower. But considering the fact that you need to release them for Morty to appear at the gym, you've probably already did that.

I think I'm going to stick with the roamer method of verification until I RNG them.

TDawg
31st March 2012, 7:48 PM
It's technically possible to advance your frame with the radio, but I am under the impression that it is occasionally inconsistent.

It very consistent at 1 if you use the right station and is faster than Chatot flipping.

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 9:19 PM
Finally, Premier Ball Lugia gives in.
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/premierball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/249.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/loveball.png
Lugia |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/psychic.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif| UT @ lv. 45
Timid | Pressure | N/A
31/6/31/30/31/30 | Hidden Power Fire 70
Whirl Islands
| Roost|

TDawg
31st March 2012, 9:41 PM
Finally, Premier Ball Lugia gives in.
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/premierball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/HGSS/249.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/loveball.png
Lugia |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/psychic.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/flying.gif| UT @ lv. 45
Timid | Pressure | N/A
Whirl Islands
| Roost|

Great job! I knew you could get that sexy beast! :3

Kalosian
31st March 2012, 10:01 PM
Nicely done, dewey and vandslaux! Seems like everyone is doing 4th gen right now.

I haven't done too much in the past weeks though, been feeling a bit unproductive. But I managed to do a few things at least:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/120.png
#120. Staryu (★)
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Genderless
Nature: Timid | Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Water
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location hatched: Seafoam Islands
IVs: 31 HP | 0 Atk | 31 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Harden
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/104.png
#104. Cubone (★)
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Male
Nature: Brave | Ability: Rock Head | Type: Ground
Hidden Power: Water [64] | Location hatched: Mt. Mortar
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 2 SpA | 31 SpD | 0 Spe
Moves: Growl
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/1.png
#001. Bulbasaur (★)
Nature: Modest | Ability: Overgrow | Type: Grass / Poison
Hidden Power: Fire [70] | Location hatched: Sprout Tower
IVs: 31 HP | 2 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 30 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Petal Dance
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/137.png
#137. Porygon
Nature: Modest | Ability: Trace | Type: Normal
Hidden Power: Fighting [70] | Location obtained: Celadon City
IVs: 31 HP | 22 Atk | 30 Def | 30 SpA | 30 SpD | 30 Spe
Moves: Conversion / Sharpen / Psybeam / Agility
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bwf/215.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f9/Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png
#215. Sneasel
OT: Foxbert | ID: 47962 | Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Inner Focus | Type: Dark / Ice
Hidden Power: Electric [59] | Location caught: Mt. Silver Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 24 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Icy Wind / Slash / Beat Up / Metal Claw

The Bulbasaur was another project for a friend, but the others were are for my own use. Getting the coins to buy the Porygon was a pain though, I really wish that it was possible to buy coins in HG/SS instead of playing the idiotic Voltorb Flip game.
Got some more breeding to do, and I am also hoping to do an ID/SID abuse in 4th gen soon as there are a few shiny legendaries that I really want to get.

Agonist
31st March 2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/426.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/55/Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Unburden
31 | 22 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
Calm Mind | Shadow Ball | Hidden Power | Baton Pass
UT @ Lv. 49

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 10:41 PM
I can tell that the Porygon took a LOT of patience with the Voltorb Flip game. I hate that game. Actually, I hate the slots too in DPt, but I usually just buy coins for my TMs.

I really need to update my sig xD

Kalosian
31st March 2012, 11:34 PM
I can tell that the Porygon took a LOT of patience with the Voltorb Flip game. I hate that game. Actually, I hate the slots too in DPt, but I usually just buy coins for my TMs.

I really need to update my sig xD
It really did. I am never going to play that Voltorb Flip game again. Would have bred the Porygon if I hadn't needed the Hidden Power on it. I never had a problem with the coins in D/P/P as I just purchased the TMs that I needed rather than playing the slots (which is a much better game than Voltorb Flip in my opinion).

And you should really update your signature, that Dialga has been there for a really long time now.

Vandslaux
31st March 2012, 11:48 PM
Apparently, I'm going to have to call Elm 323 times for Giratina (would've did Chatot flips, but w/e), since I can only have Arceus in my party?

Edit: Not fun calling Elm for an hour.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Pl/487-a.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/griseousorb.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Pl/487.png
Giratina |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/ghost.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dragon.gif| UT @ lv. 1
Timid | Pressure/Levitate | N/A
Sinjoh Ruins
| Dragon Pulse |

TDawg
1st April 2012, 3:21 AM
Apparently, I'm going to have to call Elm 323 times for Giratina (would've did Chatot flips, but w/e), since I can only have Arceus in my party?

Edit: Not fun calling Elm for an hour.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Pl/487-a.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/griseousorb.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Pl/487.png
Giratina |http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/ghost.gifhttp://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dragon.gif| UT @ lv. 1
Timid | Pressure/Levitate | N/A
Sinjoh Ruins
| Dragon Pulse |

Good job though! Why didn't you call Joey? Half the calls right there. Or the Radio which is faster than Chatot Flipping.

Well today I RNGed probably my most proud RNG so far, lol. Would've been cool if it was shiny, but oh well and it was a 3rd Gen RNG btw, if you couldn't tell by Dynamicpunch.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/Spr_3e_375.gif;384;
#375 Metang | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/steel.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/psychic.gif | -
Adamant | Clear Body | UT @ Lvl. 20 | Non-Redis
31 | 31 | 31 | 21 | 31 | 31 | Dark 70
Stealth Rock | Ice Punch| Gravity | Dynamicpunch

This was a emergence BP for Emii :P

http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/DP/373.png
#373 Salamence | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/dragon.gifhttp://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/flying.gif | ♂
Naive | Intimidate | UT @ Lvl. 50 | Non-Redis
Dragon Dance | Hydro Pump| Roost | Outrage
Dragon Dance | Hydro Pump| Roost | Heatwave

dewey911p
1st April 2012, 8:32 AM
So i was trying to RNG Entei and i was in front of Lance and trying to hit my delay. I finally nailed my seed and tried to do some advancements with the radio. I hit the bottom right hand station, then moved the cursor slightly to the right and then hit the button again. Is that how your suppose to advance the frame with the radio? I ended up hitting frame 8 so there was some advancement, but not as many as i wanted (was aiming for 38). Also, my radio started out on the poke flute if that matters. so whats the right way to advance the frame with the radio?

Since i was unsure of ho to get Entei, i went a head and did this:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/245.gif
#245 Suicune | Water | Genderless | Dive Ball
Nature: Timid | Ability: Pressure | Hidden Power: Grass (70)
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Route 25 | Met at Lvl. 40
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Brine, Icy Wind, Sleep Tal, and Signal Beam

Still takes me a few hours to hit my delay (i needed to adjust my seconds), but im getting better :D

TDawg
1st April 2012, 8:43 AM
So i was trying to RNG Entei and i was in front of Lance and trying to hit my delay. I finally nailed my seed and tried to do some advancements with the radio. I hit the bottom right hand station, then moved the cursor slightly to the right and then hit the button again. Is that how your suppose to advance the frame with the radio? I ended up hitting frame 8 so there was some advancement, but not as many as i wanted (was aiming for 38). Also, my radio started out on the poke flute if that matters. so whats the right way to advance the frame with the radio?

Since i was unsure of ho to get Entei, i went a head and did this:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/245.gif
#245 Suicune | Water | Genderless | Dive Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Route 25 | Met at Lvl. 40
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Brine, Icy Wind, Sleep Tal, and Signal Beam

Still takes me a few hours to hit my delay (i needed to adjust my seconds), but im getting better :D

Good job.

Within this post, there is a guide that should explain everything for you about the roamers.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3526679&postcount=2

Vandslaux
1st April 2012, 11:26 AM
Nice Suicune. Never seen an HP Grass one.

And I'm pretty sure Joey wanted a rematch, and IDK what stations are consistent. Also, Elm lets me keep track of my current frame.

Agonist
1st April 2012, 5:36 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/105.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Adamant | Rock Head
False Swipe | Thrash | Fling | Bone Rush
UT @ Lv. 47

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/120.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
30 | 19 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 30 {Fire 70}
Rapid Spin | Recover | Hydro Pump | Reflect Type
UT @ Lv. 61

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/246a.png
Agonist | 00001 | Brave | Sand Veil
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
Pursuit | Curse | Stealth Rock | Rock Slide
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/246a.png
Agonist | 00001 | Jolly | Sand Veil
31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 31
Pursuit | Curse | Stealth Rock | Rock Slide
UT @ Lv. 1

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/279.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Keen Eye
31 | 27 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Electric 70}
UT @ Lv. 54

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/426.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Unburden
30 | 31 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30 {Fighting 70}
UT @ Lv. 49

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/590.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Bold / Calm / Modest | Effect Spore
30 | 19 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 {Ice 70}
Faint Attack | Sweet Scent | Giga Drain | Toxic
UT @ Lv. 34

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 8:00 PM
Found a helpful guide on C-Gear abuse today! I'm studying it cause I only have a DSi. I think it's helpful.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-c-gear-abuse-for-dummies

I haven't read the whole thing yet though.

The Eleventh
1st April 2012, 8:02 PM
Found a helpful guide on C-Gear abuse today! I'm studying it cause I only have a DSi. I think it's helpful.
You can RNG using non-C-Gear abuse on all DS models and the 3DS now. We've been able to do it since November.

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 8:25 PM
You can RNG using non-C-Gear abuse on all DS models and the 3DS now. We've been able to do it since November.

Really? I did not know that. I thought you could only do C-Gear on DSi.

TDawg
1st April 2012, 8:27 PM
Really? I did not know that. I thought you could only do C-Gear on DSi.

Yeah. You just need an external clock.

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 8:31 PM
I have like 3 clocks in my room. Can someone tell me the best, most helpful and informative guide for this? It might seem like shortcuts, but I don't have a lot of time to learn. But I do have enough time to learn. :)

Zevn
1st April 2012, 8:47 PM
I'm having trouble getting motivated to do any RNGs. It's mostly the daunting idea of wasting an afternoon on the battle frontier... or just the fact that I can't get the Scizor I want in a Premier Ball on Soul Silver.

Taking suggestions.

dewey911p
1st April 2012, 8:59 PM
Good job.

Within this post, there is a guide that should explain everything for you about the roamers.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3526679&postcount=2

i was using that guide, but i skipped right down to the second post and didnt even pay attention to the giant box with the radio stations in it *face palm* Now its time to get my roamers :D

I have like 3 clocks in my room. Can someone tell me the best, most helpful and informative guide for this? It might seem like shortcuts, but I don't have a lot of time to learn. But I do have enough time to learn. :)

Personally i liked Bearsfan092's videos, which are linked to on the first page. The written guides from smogon are aso listed on the first page as well

Agonist
1st April 2012, 9:04 PM
anyone have a good guide to entralink abuse using pprng/zomgtimer?

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 9:06 PM
Thanks dewey! I'll take a look at them. And is Chatot nessicary?

The Eleventh
1st April 2012, 9:08 PM
Thanks dewey! I'll take a look at them. And is Chatot nessicary?
Yes, you'll want two.

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 9:10 PM
Ok. I can get those. Another question! What is a Pre-Recorded Chatter?

The Eleventh
1st April 2012, 9:14 PM
Ok. I can get those. Another question! What is a Pre-Recorded Chatter?
It just means have a custom cry on your Chatot. This is done by clicking "Chatter" once you select Chatot in your party (it must know the move, obviously).

cooloolcool
1st April 2012, 9:17 PM
One last question before I go get a Chatot and breed it.

What is so important about sweet scent?

The Eleventh
1st April 2012, 9:25 PM
What is so important about sweet scent?
Sweet Scent allows you to encounter Pokémon without advancing the PIDRNG frame or IVRNG frame (as you don't need to move to use it). Otherwise, you wouldn't get the desired Pokémon as easily.

TDawg
2nd April 2012, 12:32 AM
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/TaaniM/Pokemon/premierball.pnghttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/120.gif
#120 Staryu | http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/type/water.gif | -
Timid | Natural Cure | UT @ Lvl. 30
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | Dragon 68

dewey911p
2nd April 2012, 12:36 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/145.gif
#145 Zapdos | Electric/Flying | Genderless | Ultra Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Route 10 | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Tailwind, Sleep Talk, Heat Wave, and Signal Beam

nailed my delay on my second try :D Now i have a Chatot so its time to get Lugia

EDIT: Stupid Struggle, i wish the recoil damage would be taken off in a future gen, but i doubt it. Oh well, nonetheless:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/249.gif
#249 Lugia | Psychic/Flying | Genderless | Love Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Whirl Islands | Met at Lvl. 45
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Trick, Roost, Tailwind, and Earth Power

SakuraLatias
2nd April 2012, 3:56 AM
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Tailwind, Sleep Talk, Heat Wave, and Signal Beam

nailed my delay on my second try :D Now i have a Chatot so its time to get Lugia

EDIT: Stupid Struggle, i wish the recoil damage would be taken off in a future gen, but i doubt it. Oh well, nonetheless:

IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Trick, Roost, Tailwind, and Earth Power

Congratulations on both! I need to go back into Gen IV RNG.

TDawg
2nd April 2012, 6:10 AM

Good job on both. But don't count on the recoil idea. There could be endless battles :O I had one back in the GSC days, when my Gastly made a Miltank use struggle, but it couldn't touch Gastly and I had to turn off the game :/.

dewey911p
2nd April 2012, 7:02 AM
Thanks guys :)

Good job on both. But don't count on the recoil idea. There could be endless battles :O I had one back in the GSC days, when my Gastly made a Miltank use struggle, but it couldn't touch Gastly and I had to turn off the game :/.

lol, i tried to use that to my advantage once when RNGing Terakkion, Game Freak realized that could happen and so Terrakion hit my Gengar with struggle and killed itself. Im starting to think there is something programmed into the game that makes any legendary pokemon you try to RNG struggle itself to death at least once before getting caught.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/146.gif
#146 Moltres | Fire/Flying | Genderless | Love Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Mt. Silver Cave | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Tailwind, Sleep Talk and Ominous Wind

Had to RNG this pretty bird 4 times because of stupid struggle. Not sure why i gave it Ominous Wind though ... ... Oh well :p This is one of my favorite shiny pokemon so far XD

EDIT: As if to deliberately prove me wrong, this took me one, just one, dive ball!

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/144.gif
#144 Articuno | Ice/Flying | Genderless | Dive Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Seafoam Island | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 exclusive Move(s): Icy Wind, Sleep Talk, Signal Beam, and water Pulse

Ansem1013
2nd April 2012, 11:08 AM
Does anybody RNG on a 3DS? I need help syncing my clock, I'm always off by a little bit no matter what. =[

AquaRegisteel
2nd April 2012, 12:07 PM
Remember that the time you hit your seed on a 3DS is different to the DS Lite/DSi/DSiXL, you have to hit your seed 8 seconds earlier.

The Eleventh
2nd April 2012, 12:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/51ug0.png http://i.imgur.com/6RD0d.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♀
Jolly | Regenerator | Fighting | Dragonspiral Tower
Swift | Calm Mind | Force Palm | Drain Punch
31 | 31 | 31 | 5 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/4U2ab.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Adamant | Poison Heal | Grass | Pinwheel Forest
Absorb | Focus Punch | Drain Punch
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/4U2ab.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Careful | Poison Heal | Grass | Pinwheel Forest
Absorb | Focus Punch | Drain Punch

I was also attempting to RNG Braviary last night, but due to a combination of my timer0 trolling me and wild double battles, I rage quit. I might try again today, but I'd prefer to move on to pastures anew. What's a good PIDRNG frame to aim for with shaking spot RNGing? I understand that you need a frame of (1+No. of party Pokémon), and that I need to take the same path each time to get the same PIDRNG frame, I'm just not sure what to aim for.

Agonist
2nd April 2012, 4:49 PM
lol, i tried to use that to my advantage once when RNGing Terakkion, Game Freak realized that could happen and so Terrakion hit my Gengar with struggle and killed itself. Im starting to think there is something programmed into the game that makes any legendary pokemon you try to RNG struggle itself to death at least once before getting caught.

I've never had a legendary struggle to death, so that's not true :p

The Eleventh
2nd April 2012, 6:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uAWv8.png http://i.imgur.com/5ykSr.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♀
Calm | Regenerator | Normal | Lostlorn Forest
Refresh | DoubleSlap | Attract | Secret Power

I needed to do 636 Chatot flips for this, which is a lot more than I normally do. However, I didn't find it arduous at all, so maybe I'll aim for higher PIDRNG frames in the future. This is my first shaking spot RNG. I suppose the only other one I could do is Drilbur/Excadrill, since Emolga would need Air Slash (why the **** is that an egg move?!). Oh, and I just happened to find that hex-flawless seed. Too bad it's always Calm and isn't Synchronizable.

Ansem1013
2nd April 2012, 7:10 PM
Remember that the time you hit your seed on a 3DS is different to the DS Lite/DSi/DSiXL, you have to hit your seed 8 seconds earlier.

so it's 8 seconds for every 3DS? I thought it varied from system to system?

and when I said I was a little bit off every time, I meant my clock syncing. My 3DS clock will usually change to the next min a little less than a second early or a little less than a second late. I'm not sure the precise time to hit the button to change the time so that the seconds line up perfectly .__.

Okay, I managed with my clock and was able to set my DS Parameters. I'm trying to get a Mewtwo from the wondercard event, but want to make sure I did everything correctly.

I found my seed in DS Parameters and then clicked "Use Results in Time Finder."

I set what I wanted and got this after hitting "Generate":
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm113/Ansem1013/RNG2.png

I copied the Seed into the main menu of RNG Reporter, Calculated my initial PIDRNG, set the parameters (nature, IVs) again, and hit generate, getting this screen:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm113/Ansem1013/RNG.png

I think I did stuff incorrectly or in the wrong order or something =[
can someone help me out? I think the time in the first link is when I need to start the game for the Mewtwo, yes? I know I'm supposed to account for a time difference, but I'm unsure of if it's 8 seconds for every 3DS or if every 3DS is different (I've heard both). And since my initial PIDRNG is 40, I would need to chatot 5 times after starting the game?

Trying to learn this stuff and I'm lost a bit lost. LMK if you need more information in order to help me out.

SakuraLatias
2nd April 2012, 11:33 PM
so it's 8 seconds for every 3DS? I thought it varied from system to system?

and when I said I was a little bit off every time, I meant my clock syncing. My 3DS clock will usually change to the next min a little less than a second early or a little less than a second late. I'm not sure the precise time to hit the button to change the time so that the seconds line up perfectly .__.

Okay, I managed with my clock and was able to set my DS Parameters. I'm trying to get a Mewtwo from the wondercard event, but want to make sure I did everything correctly.

I found my seed in DS Parameters and then clicked "Use Results in Time Finder."

I set what I wanted and got this after hitting "Generate":
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm113/Ansem1013/RNG2.png

I copied the Seed into the main menu of RNG Reporter, Calculated my initial PIDRNG, set the parameters (nature, IVs) again, and hit generate, getting this screen:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm113/Ansem1013/RNG.png

I think I did stuff incorrectly or in the wrong order or something =[
can someone help me out? I think the time in the first link is when I need to start the game for the Mewtwo, yes? I know I'm supposed to account for a time difference, but I'm unsure of if it's 8 seconds for every 3DS or if every 3DS is different (I've heard both). And since my initial PIDRNG is 40, I would need to chatot 5 times after starting the game?

Trying to learn this stuff and I'm lost a bit lost. LMK if you need more information in order to help me out.

Did you tried to do the keypresses?

Sephiroth_Strife
2nd April 2012, 11:40 PM
I still really want a shiny Litwick but I have a couple of questions first.

First and foremost: I haven't done this since October. Do I need to do a parameter search again or does that not change? I'm playing on my DS Lite, as I was before, if that matters.

Second: How do you start doing the Chatot summary to advance the PID? Do you go Pokemon > (tap) Chatot > Summary or should I select a different one, then flip into Chatot's summary?

I ask this because I'm trying to get a shiny Modest Litwick on PID Frame 60, IV Frame 1, and ESV #6 (so according to the chart in the first post, it should be Litwick). But every time I use Sweet Scent to jump into battle with Litwick, I get an Elgyem that is not shiny and doesn't even have the correct IVs. What am I doing wrong?

*edit for side note-age* Are the directions for Gen IV RNG abuse in here somewhere? I definitely want to try and RNG my Lugia and Latias so they can be shiny.

Too Funk to Druck
3rd April 2012, 12:06 AM

First and foremost: I haven't done this since October. Do I need to do a parameter search again or does that not change? I'm playing on my DS Lite, as I was before, if that matters.

Second: How do you start doing the Chatot summ

ary to advance the PID? Do you go Pokemon > (tap) Chatot > Summary or should I select a different one, then flip into Chatot's summary?

I ask this because I'm trying to get a shiny Modest Litwick on PID Frame 60, IV Frame 1, and ESV #6 (so according to the chart in the first post, it should be Litwick). But every time I use Sweet Scent to jump into battle with Litwick, I get an Elgyem that is not shiny and doesn't even have the correct IVs. What am I doing wrong?

*edit for side note-age* Are the directions for Gen IV RNG abuse in here somewhere? I definitely want to try and RNG my Lugia and Latias so they can be shiny.

If you're using a different DS system, you'll have to recalibrate because parameters are different systems. For Chato flips, it completely depends on what you want to do. Regardless, opening the summary of a Chatot with a recorded Chatter is one advancement.

SakuraLatias
3rd April 2012, 12:09 AM

Second: How do you start doing the Chatot summary to advance the PID? Do you go Pokemon > (tap) Chatot > Summary or should I select a different one, then flip into Chatot's summary?

First: I would anyway, just in case if you forgot the Timer0.

Second: I normally go to another Pokemon first, then Chatot. Its totally up to you.

Anyway, are you using keypresses?

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p

Sephiroth_Strife
3rd April 2012, 12:26 AM
It's the same DS system and I'm running a Mac, so I have my Timer0 and everything saved into the PPRNG application. I realized what I was having trouble with, though! I forgot about the keypress I had to do (derp) and I was kind of, maybe, missed the fact that my starting PID frame was listed as 46 and instead assumed I started on frame 1. So I flipped to Chatot 60 times instead of the 14 that I should have done (46+14=60 in case you didn't know :P), which brought my PID up to 106 where, lo and behold, a Sassy Elgyem was located.

But I got it right! I now have a shiny Modest Litwick with a 19|27|25|31|31|31 IV spread! I know it's not flawless but I'm so psyched right now! Can't wait to try this on others!

SakuraLatias
3rd April 2012, 12:31 AM
It's the same DS system and I'm running a Mac, so I have my Timer0 and everything saved into the PPRNG application. I realized what I was having trouble with, though! I forgot about the keypress I had to do (derp) and I was kind of, maybe, missed the fact that my starting PID frame was listed as 46 and instead assumed I started on frame 1. So I flipped to Chatot 60 times instead of the 14 that I should have done (46+14=60 in case you didn't know :P), which brought my PID up to 106 where, lo and behold, a Sassy Elgyem was located.

But I got it right! I now have a shiny Modest Litwick with a 19|27|25|31|31|31 IV spread! I know it's not flawless but I'm so psyched right now! Can't wait to try this on others!

Congrats! Too bad its not HP Ice. IIRC, its HP Dark 68. In case you want to know. :p

EDIT: Rank up. :)

dewey911p
3rd April 2012, 12:41 AM
So what spread do you guys think is bvetter for a shiny impish Groudon:

29/30/27/26/31/30
25/31/30/6/31/28

Im not sure which on eto use, but either one isnt to shabby considering i didnt even abuse for these spreads :p

So which one do you guys thin it better?

TDawg
3rd April 2012, 12:43 AM

29/30/27/26/31/30
25/31/30/6/31/28

Im not sure which on eto use, but either one isnt to shabby considering i didnt even abuse for these spreads :p

The first spread in my opinion.

SakuraLatias
3rd April 2012, 12:46 AM

29/30/27/26/31/30
25/31/30/6/31/28

First one also.

Sephiroth_Strife
3rd April 2012, 1:52 AM
Why can't the Wondercard Reshiram I have be shiny? That's just irritating. The in-game Zekrom couldn't be and Reshiram can't be either?! Lame, Nintendo. Lame.

Is breeding for shiny/nature/IVs very hard to do? I have a Ditto and a male Vaporeon (from DW game) and I fancy a green Espeon with Magic Bounce. Did some reading and I know Ditto won't work for the Dream World ability, but if I can get a female Eevee to breed with Vaporeon, can I somehow manage this?

cooloolcool
3rd April 2012, 1:53 AM
Can the event Reshiram I have waiting for me be shiny? I'd certainly like it to be, but I'm not sure if it's possible. And I'm not sure how the moving NPCs in the Pokemon Center will affect it as I can't remember where in the first few posts I saw info about moving NPCs.

Is breeding for shiny/nature/IVs very hard to do? I have a ditto and a male Vaporeon (from DW game) and I fancy a green Espeon with Magic Bounce. I don't think I'll be able to get Magic Bounce as the Vaporeon isn't female, but I still love shiny Espeon.

It CANNOT be Shiny.

TDawg
3rd April 2012, 2:01 AM
Can the event Reshiram I have waiting for me be shiny? I'd certainly like it to be, but I'm not sure if it's possible. And I'm not sure how the moving NPCs in the Pokemon Center will affect it as I can't remember where in the first few posts I saw info about moving NPCs.

Is breeding for shiny/nature/IVs very hard to do? I have a Ditto and a male Vaporeon (from DW game) and I fancy a green Espeon with Magic Bounce. Did some reading and I know Ditto won't work for the Dream World ability, but if I can get a female Eevee to breed with Vaporeon, can I somehow manage this?

Breeding isn't harder then any other RNG. Any Pokemon with a Ditto can't breed their DW abilities. The DW pokemon must be a female and must be breeding with a Pokemon that's not Ditto.

Sephiroth_Strife
3rd April 2012, 2:13 AM
Blast. Well I'm gonna skip all that for now and get a Vulpix.

dewey911p
3rd April 2012, 10:38 AM
The first spread in my opinion.

First one also.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/383.gif
#383 Groudon | Ground | Genderless | Nest Ball
Nature: Impish | Ability: Drought | Hidden Power: Fire (69)
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Embedded Tower | Met at Lvl. 50
IVs: 29/30/27/26/31/30 | Gen 4 Moves: Iron Head, Fire Punch, Stealth Rock, and ThunderPunch

I dont know who thought rest would be a good move for Groudon but i disagree. I actually lost patience with this one and used the quick catch code for him, thats a first for me :/ Oh well, i still like him, and the spreads not to bad either!

do-re-mi
3rd April 2012, 9:15 PM
I'm trying to get me a Wondercard Reshiram, flawless and modest.
I keep hitting the same seeds but they are all random IVs and nature. It's like none of the seeds I found are even right.
Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong?

dewey911p
3rd April 2012, 9:48 PM
I'm trying to get me a Wondercard Reshiram, flawless and modest.
I keep hitting the same seeds but they are all random IVs and nature. It's like none of the seeds I found are even right.
Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong?

if your consistently getting the wrong results then your consistently missing your seed. Are you entering the game 1 second before RNG reporter tells you to (8 seconds for a 3DS)? Also, do the IVs and nature match any PID frames close by? it could be that you just keep missing your PID frame and you simply need to adjust your flips

Agonist
3rd April 2012, 10:08 PM

IVs: 29/30/27/26/31/30 | Gen 4 Moves: Iron Head, Fire Punch, Stealth Rock, and ThunderPunch

I dont know who thought rest would be a good move for Groudon but i disagree. I actually lost patience with this one and used the quick catch code for him, thats a first for me :/ Oh well, i still like him, and the spreads not to bad either!

Pretty good for a unabused spread. Congrats!

do-re-mi
3rd April 2012, 11:35 PM
if your consistently getting the wrong results then your consistently missing your seed. Are you entering the game 1 second before RNG reporter tells you to (8 seconds for a 3DS)? Also, do the IVs and nature match any PID frames close by? it could be that you just keep missing your PID frame and you simply need to adjust your flips

No, actually I enter at the exact second, am I supposed to hit one second earlier? I'm using an old DS.

TDawg
3rd April 2012, 11:40 PM
No, actually I enter at the exact second, am I supposed to hit one second earlier? I'm using an old DS.

When hitting you need account the seconds for the game to boot up, so with a old DS you need to boot up the game a second early.

Iristle
3rd April 2012, 11:57 PM
Ugh. I kept getting the wrong IVs. I still don't know why it happened. But here's the results.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/407.gif
#407 Roserade http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Timid, UT @ Level 1, Day-Care Couple, Route 3
Somewhat Vain
31/18/31/30/31/30
Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm, Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm satisfied with the results. Gonna EV train it later.

TDawg
4th April 2012, 12:01 AM
Ugh. I kept getting the wrong IVs. I still don't know why it happened. But here's the results.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/407.gif
#407 Roserade http://www.pokecheck.org/i/female.png
Timid, UT @ Level 1, Day-Care Couple, Route 3
Somewhat Vain
31/18/31/30/31/30
Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm, Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm satisfied with the results. Gonna EV train it later.

I love Roserade. Good job.

SakuraLatias
4th April 2012, 12:34 AM

Congrats! I like shiny Groudon's color. ;)

EDIT: Nice job on Roserade! Still my favorite Poke.

dewey911p
4th April 2012, 2:23 AM
Thanks again guys :D gen 4 really isnt hard at all once you learn it. And i like how you can verify your seed before you waste time doing 500 or so chatot flips like in B/W. Anyway, with this guy I've RNGed every pokemon in Kanto except for mew, and once i get the other 2 dogs and Ho-oh (wont be for awhile since Timid Ho-oh isnt really useful) i will have RNGed all Johto pokemon except Celebi. Maybe i'll go back and breed the last 50 pokemon i need in B/W to RNG them all :p

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/150.gif
#150 Mewtwo | Psychic | Genderless | Nest Ball
Date: 1/1/2012 | Caught: Cerulean Cave | Met at Lvl. 70
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31 | Gen 4 Moves: Trick, Skill Swap, Magic Coat, and Signal Beam

HP Grass is kinda useless, but thats the spread i had to work with and the 1 point drop in S.Atk doesnt really matter. Signal Beam is kinda novel, but i figure it will be good if there is ever a Mewtwo v. Mewtwo showdown.

Oh yea, i also need a wild Unown (stupid thing can't breed), so is RNGing a wild pokemon the same as a stationary legendary (i.e. hit the seed and advance the frame to one before the target)? Or does sweet scent do something to the frame that i havent picked up on?

And Congrats on the pretty Rosarade! :)

Jr Breshears
4th April 2012, 2:34 AM
Nice catch Dewey :D btw did you catch groudon in a nest ball?

Agonist
4th April 2012, 2:35 AM
Signal Beam? Mewtwo would always run Shadow Ball over Signal Beam :p nice catch anyway!

dewey911p
4th April 2012, 2:38 AM
Nice catch Dewey :D btw did you catch groudon in a nest ball?

yup, Mewtwo too :)

Signal Beam? Mewtwo would always run Shadow Ball over Signal Beam :p nice catch anyway!

*facepalm* Totally forgot about Shadow Ball. Does Mewtwo benefit from any other Gen 4 moves that i missed?

Agonist
4th April 2012, 2:45 AM
How about Sleep Talk?

TDawg
4th April 2012, 6:08 AM
Great job on both Groudon, and Mewtwo, Dewey :].

Guys I sort of feel like we should have a discuss My Pokemon thread much like Smogon. That way this thread can be more of a help thread (and so peoples questions won't be buried in show off post). But hey it might just be me.

dewey911p
4th April 2012, 7:31 AM
Great job on both Groudon, and Mewtwo, Dewey :].

Guys I sort of feel like we should have a discuss My Pokemon thread much like Smogon. That way this thread can be more of a help thread (and so peoples questions won't be buried in show off post). But hey it might just be me.

and i agree, this is suppose to be a help thread after all but we really dont have any other place to talk about our projects and accomplishments and whatnot. I dont think another thread would get approved though :/ the mods might say we already have several threads like that (shiny pokemon thread, EV training thread, DW thread, etc) Also, not everyone seems to support RNGing and i fear an argument might break out (as has happened on a lot of other threads already). How about just a general accomplishments thread then? Do you guys think something like that would work? Or just an "RNG accomplishments thread"?

TDawg
4th April 2012, 7:52 AM

and i agree, this is suppose to be a help thread after all but we really dont have any other place to talk about our projects and accomplishments and whatnot. I dont think another thread would get approved though :/ the mods might say we already have several threads like that (shiny pokemon thread, EV training thread, DW thread, etc) Also, not everyone seems to support RNGing and i fear an argument might break out (as has happened on a lot of other threads already). How about just a general accomplishments thread then? Do you guys think something like that would work? Or just an "RNG accomplishments thread"?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Well the Shiny thread is mainly for MMers, the EV training thread is a trading thread isn't it? and the DW thread is pretty much people posting how their DW day went. But yeah we could just straight up jack Smogon's thread "Discuss My Pokemon" where anyone can post any of their Pokemon, but it will be more of the hub for RNGed Pokemon.

dewey911p
4th April 2012, 8:12 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Well the Shiny thread is mainly for MMers, the EV training thread is a trading thread isn't it? and the DW thread is pretty much people posting how their DW day went. But yeah we could just straight up jack Smogon's thread "Discuss My Pokemon" where anyone can post any of their Pokemon, but it will be more of the hub for RNGed Pokemon.

sounds good :) you should put a rule in the OP that implies (or directly states) the legality of RNGed pokemon shouldnt be discussed, just to avoid future arguments

TDawg
4th April 2012, 9:57 AM
sounds good :) you should put a rule in the OP that implies (or directly states) the legality of RNGed pokemon shouldnt be discussed, just to avoid future arguments

Alright I will PM a mod or admin to see if the idea is okay.

bobandbill
4th April 2012, 11:15 AM
Yo

Just so you guys know, passing the idea on to other mods for further discussion before we decide on if it needs a separate thread or just rename/remake this one.

The Eleventh
4th April 2012, 12:47 PM
Oh yea, i also need a wild Unown (stupid thing can't breed), so is RNGing a wild pokemon the same as a stationary legendary (i.e. hit the seed and advance the frame to one before the target)? Or does sweet scent do something to the frame that i havent picked up on?
It's exactly the same, except you may need to Sweet Scent once you've advanced to either two before or one before your target. It's different for every game, I believe, so just test it out by stopping one before your target and using Sweet Scent. If you go over your target by one, then you know your Sweet Scent advances by two.

Too Funk to Druck
4th April 2012, 4:48 PM
Yo

Just so you guys know, passing the idea on to other mods for further discussion before we decide on if it needs a separate thread or just rename/remake this one.

Thanks! I hope it goes through. It's a good idea.

Agonist
4th April 2012, 7:20 PM
Yo

Excellent, hopefully this goes through!

The Eleventh
4th April 2012, 11:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PRPAt.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Careful | Magic Bounce | Psychic/Flying | Celestial Tower
Peck | Leer | Roost
http://i.imgur.com/SVD0A.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♀
Impish | Magic Bounce | Psychic/Flying | Celestial Tower
Peck | Leer | Roost
31 | 31 | 31 | 22 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/upQaX.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Timid | Magic Guard | Psychic/Flying | Desert Resort
Miracle Eye | Psycho Shift | Stored Power | Roost

Yay for Psychic/Flying-types. All three had the same parent; a male Xatu from Gen IV, which I needed to RNG abuse. Reaching the grass in the Ruins of Alph from Union Cave was actually the hardest part of this whole thing. xD

I hope the "Discuss my Pokémon" idea is brought to fruition soon. It'd be nice to have a separate thread for this stuff.

TDawg
5th April 2012, 12:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PRPAt.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Careful | Magic Bounce | Psychic/Flying | Celestial Tower
Peck | Leer | Roost
http://i.imgur.com/SVD0A.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♀
Impish | Magic Bounce | Psychic/Flying | Celestial Tower
Peck | Leer | Roost
31 | 31 | 31 | 22 | 31 | 31
http://i.imgur.com/upQaX.gif
Cian | 64231 | ♂
Timid | Magic Guard | Psychic/Flying | Desert Resort
Miracle Eye | Psycho Shift | Stored Power | Roost

Yay for Psychic/Flying-types. All three had the same parent; a male Xatu from Gen IV, which I needed to RNG abuse. Reaching the grass in the Ruins of Alph from Union Cave was actually the hardest part of this whole thing. xD

I hope the "Discuss my Pokémon" idea is brought to fruition soon. It'd be nice to have a separate thread for this stuff.

Good breeds, Speed. Lol I know what you mean with finding the place. I eventually gave up and looked on Bulbapedia.

As for DMP Thread, I have PMed bobandbill a OP which I thought seemed convincing enough. If anyone wants to see it then I can PM it to you and you can make suggestions :p.

Agonist
5th April 2012, 2:25 AM
Want to pm me a copy of it? I'd be glad to take a look at it, and see if there's anything missing.

Too Funk to Druck
5th April 2012, 2:42 AM
Want to pm me a copy of it? I'd be glad to take a look at it, and see if there's anything missing.

Me too. I'd be glad to help. I quite like the idea.

Sephiroth_Strife
5th April 2012, 2:57 AM
Any tips on getting PPRNG to yield more results for shiny Pokemon when you open a Seed in the Inspector? I'd really like to get a shiny Vulpix, but I can't get the little star to show up in the Inspector for any of the seeds I click. I'm searching through about a year, IV Frame 1-6, PID 50-500.

Agonist
5th April 2012, 3:03 AM
You need to find a shiny seed in the seed finder first, then open it up on in the seed inspector.

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 3:19 AM
As for DMP Thread, I have PMed bobandbill a OP which I thought seemed convincing enough. If anyone wants to see it then I can PM it to you and you can make suggestions :p.

could you PM me the OP too, im really liking this idea of yours :). Or you could just post it here since so many people seem to be interested :p

Sephiroth_Strife
5th April 2012, 3:20 AM
You need to find a shiny seed in the seed finder first, then open it up on in the seed inspector.

I check the Shiny Only box, so it brings those all up in the seed finder, but when I double click it to open in inspector and click generate for the PID Frame one, it doesn't always have a star next to it.

Agonist
5th April 2012, 4:09 AM
I've never had that happen to me before. What version are you using?

Zevn
5th April 2012, 4:29 AM
Is it possible to RNG shiny/flawless DW starters from the entralink forest?

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 4:57 AM
Is it possible to RNG shiny/flawless DW starters from the entralink forest?

No. There is a shiny check on entree forest pokemon and the starters were a japanese promotion only.

Zevn
5th April 2012, 5:05 AM
That's obnoxious. 1/3 Health power boost is so bland.

T_T

Thanks for letting me know though.

Sephiroth_Strife
5th April 2012, 5:30 AM
I've never had that happen to me before. What version are you using?

1.9.0. But if you meant my Pokemon version, it's White.

TDawg
5th April 2012, 5:37 AM

Me too. I'd be glad to help. I quite like the idea.

could you PM me the OP too, im really liking this idea of yours :). Or you could just post it here since so many people seem to be interested :p

PMed all of you :]. Anyone else that would like to see it just let me know.

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 6:01 AM
I know this is wishful thinking on my part, but after RNGing the 3 roamers on SS in a matter of minutes (still need to catch them and that time doesnt include the annoying 5 trainers i need to beat to RNG them) i was wondering if Tornadus respawned in B/W like the roamers do in HG/SS. Again, i never heard of that happening and im sure there would have been mention of that in an RNGing guide, but i cant help but ask, if for nothing but confirmation that it does not.

TDawg
5th April 2012, 6:08 AM
I know this is wishful thinking on my part, but after RNGing the 3 roamers on SS in a matter of minutes (still need to catch them and that time doesnt include the annoying 5 trainers i need to beat to RNG them) i was wondering if Tornadus respawned in B/W like the roamers do in HG/SS. Again, i never heard of that happening and im sure there would have been mention of that in an RNGing guide, but i cant help but ask, if for nothing but confirmation that it does not.

Battles in BW make the PID raise too inconsistent and rapidly unlike HGSS. :( But I think he does.

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 6:15 AM
Battles in BW make the PID raise too inconsistent and rapidly unlike HGSS. :( But I think he does.

gah, i forgot about the rapid PID advancement during battles :/ (or was that just for wild pokemon ... probably just more wishful thinking on my part) thanks though, looks like i still have to feal with that rain. But tbh, gen 4 has my attention and i havent even tried for Tornadus in over a month lol

TDawg
5th April 2012, 6:20 AM
gah, i forgot about the rapid PID advancement during battles :/ (or was that just for wild pokemon ... probably just more wishful thinking on my part) thanks though, looks like i still have to feal with that rain. But tbh, gen 4 has my attention and i havent even tried for Tornadus in over a month lol

Yeah, sorry bout that, lol.

You can always settle with non-shiny. I never found their color schemes different enough to try.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/641.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/641.png
But's it whatever floats your boat :P.

EDIT: Why is there an attachment?

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 7:52 AM
not sure if anyone else saw this, or even how useful it will be, but the newer version of RNG reporter (9.95) now allows for you to control the PID when entralink abusing. I havent read the guide yet so i dont know how helpful it is or how it works, but if anyone needs it here you go:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=7626

TDawg
5th April 2012, 7:57 AM
not sure if anyone else saw this, or even how useful it will be, but the newer version of RNG reporter (9.95) now allows for you to control the PID when entralink abusing. I havent read the guide yet so i dont know how helpful it is or how it works, but if anyone needs it here you go:

A lot of people on Smogon have already started posting their DW Pokemon and I am a bit jealous, lol. It's old news about the Entralink PID abuse though :P. I have actually started using the guide. I actually just asked Zari a question.

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 8:04 AM
A lot of people on Smogon have already started posting their DW Pokemon and I am a bit jealous, lol. It's old news about the Entralink PID abuse though :P. I have actually started using the guide. I actually just asked Zari a question.

lol, im late to the game as always :p I still have every DW event from Banette to Arceus just sitting around waiting for me to RNG. I suppose i should do that at some point but meh. When i finally get around to it it should be a lot easier now since i have practice hitting delays and now the PID can be controlled. that will be something to look forward to in our new thread XD

The Eleventh
5th April 2012, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/G4C3i.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/mkgvo.gif
SPR2012 | 03102 | --
Hasty | Turboblaze | Dragon/Fire | Wi-Fi Gift
Blue Flare | Fusion Flare | Mist | Draco Meteor

I finally got around to picking this up. TDawg, could you send me a PM of the OP as well?

AquaRegisteel
5th April 2012, 12:14 PM

Get in! I can finally go and RNG that loathsome Arceus event from so long ago. I'll aim for a Jolly nature and a pent-flawless spread.

You should try and get that in the first post as well.

Agonist
5th April 2012, 4:24 PM

Not to mention it changes the IV frame as well (roughly 120 frames per second)

Yeah, sorry bout that, lol.

You can always settle with non-shiny. I never found their color schemes different enough to try.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/641.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/641.png
But's it whatever floats your boat :P.

EDIT: Why is there an attachment?

Apparently whenever you use the button it attaches the picture instead of just putting it in your post like it should.

blonde_1
5th April 2012, 6:23 PM
ok so quick question... I'm going to finally RNG my tornadus. I found a pretty good seed for shiny, naive, 30/31/30/31/31/31.
Now its has an IV frame of 3, so I just want to make sure I can still advance the IV frame in the normal way in the house? I just want to be sure before I go saving my game in the house and I'm stuck :p

Too Funk to Druck
5th April 2012, 7:22 PM
ok so quick question... I'm going to finally RNG my tornadus. I found a pretty good seed for shiny, naive, 30/31/30/31/31/31.
Now its has an IV frame of 3, so I just want to make sure I can still advance the IV frame in the normal way in the house? I just want to be sure before I go saving my game in the house and I'm stuck :p

Yes you can. Just make sure you only have two Pokemon, and your last step should be right in front of the door.

Agonist
5th April 2012, 9:11 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_4h_149.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Inner Focus
31 | 3 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Grass 70}
Hurricane | Thunder | Surf | Draco Meteor
UT @ Lv. 100

Caught this because I was bored.

do-re-mi
5th April 2012, 10:06 PM
Do I advance the frame for a wondercard by chatter or walking around? Because I read both...

dewey911p
5th April 2012, 10:07 PM
Do I advance the frame for a wondercard by chatter or walking around? Because I read both...

wondercards are straight PID advancement so just grab a few chatots, save in front of the delivery man, hit your seed, and flip away

Kalosian
5th April 2012, 11:00 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_4h_149.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Agonist | 00001 | Modest | Inner Focus
31 | 3 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Grass 70}
Hurricane | Thunder | Surf | Draco Meteor
UT @ Lv. 100

Caught this because I was bored.
Non-DW Dragonite, now that is something rarely seen.

Done a few more breedings since last time:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/374.png
#374. Beldum (★)
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Clear Body | Type: Steel / Psychic
Hidden Power: Electric [59] | Location hatched: Mt. Silver
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 0 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Take Down
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/343.png
#343. Baltoy (★)
Nature: Bold | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ground / Psychic
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location hatched: Ruins of Alph
Moves: Confusion
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/333.png
#333. Swablu (★)
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Normal / Flying
Hidden Power: Electric [70] | Location hatched: Bell Tower
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 14 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Growl / Pursuit / Aerial Ace / Roost
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/443.png
#443. Gible (★)
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Veil | Type: Dragon / Ground
Hidden Power: Electric [59] | Location hatched: Dragon’s Den
Moves: Tackle / Dragon Claw / Rock Climb

Will have to shift focus to Diamond or Platinum next... but for a good reason as not everything can be obtained easily in HG/SS.

The Eleventh
5th April 2012, 11:46 PM
Will have to shift focus to Diamond or Platinum next... but for a good reason as not everything can be obtained easily in HG/SS.
If you have more than one DS, just trade the Pokémon over to HGSS. Don't even attempt DPPt breeding; it's a nightmare. Besides, HGSS have very nice hatch locations. xD Speaking of which, here's something I did in the last twenty minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/vN88m.gif
Cian | 07245 | ♂
Calm | Torrent | Water | Whirl Islands
Pound | Stealth Rock
31 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 {Grass 70}

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 12:01 AM
Non-DW Dragonite, now that is something rarely seen.

Done a few more breedings since last time:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/374.png
#374. Beldum (★)
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Clear Body | Type: Steel / Psychic
Hidden Power: Electric [59] | Location hatched: Mt. Silver
Moves: Take Down
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/343.png
#343. Baltoy (★)
Nature: Bold | Ability: Levitate | Type: Ground / Psychic
Hidden Power: Dragon [68] | Location hatched: Ruins of Alph
Moves: Confusion
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/333.png
#333. Swablu (★)
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Natural Cure | Type: Normal / Flying
Hidden Power: Electric [70] | Location hatched: Bell Tower
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 14 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Growl / Pursuit / Aerial Ace / Roost
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/443.png
#443. Gible (★)
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Veil | Type: Dragon / Ground
Hidden Power: Electric [59] | Location hatched: Dragon’s Den
Moves: Tackle / Dragon Claw / Rock Climb

nice breeds :) eggs are the next thing im going to learn in gen 4 too, im excited XD as oppose to going into DPPt for the pokemon, you could always download the parents from pokecheck. From my understanding egg RNGing is a lot harder in DPPt then HGSS.

Kalosian
6th April 2012, 12:45 AM
If you have more than one DS, just trade the Pokémon over to HGSS. Don't even attempt DPPt breeding; it's a nightmare. Besides, HGSS have very nice hatch locations. xD Speaking of which, here's something I did in the last twenty minutes.
I know, I just planned to catch the parents in Diamond/Platinum and then trade them to HG/SS as they cannot be obtained there.
And nice Piplup you got there.

nice breeds :) eggs are the next thing im going to learn in gen 4 too, im excited XD as oppose to going into DPPt for the pokemon, you could always download the parents from pokecheck. From my understanding egg RNGing is a lot harder in DPPt then HGSS.
Thanks, 4th gen breeding isn't too hard once you get used to it. I know that there is Pokecheck, but I don't feel like using it, I want to get everything myself. And it feels good to get some experience regarding RNG in D/P/P as I will have do more of that later on (but no breeding).

Tried it now, and hit my desired delay after a few tries. But I hit the wrong frame, which means I must have done something wrong along the way. Guess I'll give it another try tomorrrow.

Vandslaux
6th April 2012, 1:15 AM
I finally beat Red, and I'm RNGing the Kanto starter. How many of the scientists in there are actually NPCs?

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 1:30 AM
I plan on starting to RNG but I have one question- Has the RNG reporter ever put viruses on your computer? I'm talking about the one in the first post.

Too Funk to Druck
6th April 2012, 1:36 AM
I plan on starting to RNG but I have one question- Has the RNG reporter ever put viruses on your computer? I'm talking about the one in the first post.

Never has for me. Doesn't stop Norton from assuming the updates have viruses and deleting them.

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 1:44 AM
Ok, I think I have the program on my computer. I just don't know how to open it.

EDIT- I got it. It's working. though I have NO idea what I'm doing. Yay for FAQ's and guides!

do-re-mi
6th April 2012, 1:51 AM
wondercards are straight PID advancement so just grab a few chatots, save in front of the delivery man, hit your seed, and flip away
Thank you

Sorry but I have 2 more questions what am I supposed to type in for Max/Min Advances and when my frame is for example 50, do I have to advance 49? I recall that theres a starting frame but I don't think I found that out...

Vandslaux
6th April 2012, 1:59 AM
RNG Reporter needs to be extracted.

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 2:00 AM
I know that there is Pokecheck, but I don't feel like using it, I want to get everything myself. And it feels good to get some experience regarding RNG in D/P/P as I will have do more of that later on (but no breeding).

I know what you mean :) I've been doing the same for all of the eggs in gen 5. I either catch it or trade for it, it feels better to do all of that work IMO

I finally beat Red, and I'm RNGing the Kanto starter. How many of the scientists in there are actually NPCs?

when i RNGed my Charmander there were no NPC advancements. I had a frame of 10 and i just did 6 Elm calls to confirm (i had 3 roamers released and i stopped 1 frame before the target, but you new that already :p) and i had it

Thank you

Sorry but I have 2 more questions what am I supposed to type in for Max/Min Advances and when my frame is for example 50, do I have to advance 49? I recall that theres a starting frame but I don't think I found that out...

For min/ax you type in however many flips you feel like doing. If your ok doing 10000 chatot flips then put in 10000. Personally i use 2/150 because my frame advances by 2 automatically when the game starts, and i really dont want to flips chatots more than 150. To find you starting PID you go to the main window of RNG reporter and select gen 5 wondercard and copy and paste your seed. Then select "Find Initial PIDRNG Frame" ad hit calculate. RNG reporter will give you a number and that is approximately your starting frame. Try to RNG the pokemon but do not do any advancements. Compare the nature and IVs to RNG reporter and if you get a match you now have your starting frame. Turn the game off and RNG it again but this time do the proper number of chatot flips (target frame - starting frame). In numbers lets say your Target frame is 50 and your starting frame is 40, you would do 10 flips (50-40=10)

no never

TDawg
6th April 2012, 2:03 AM
Thank you

Your starting frame is probably 40-60 so 50 might be too low.

Agonist
6th April 2012, 2:07 AM
For wondercards, set a max frame to 100, since it's doubtful you'll need to do more than that. Then use a PokeCenter with no NPC's (E4 one).

SakuraLatias
6th April 2012, 2:39 AM
Shiny Chikorita is now officially mine! :D

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/HiddenWaters/152.gif

Latios l 52525 l 29299
Bold l Overgrow l Grass l Newbark Town
Tackle, Growl
31/31/31/30/31/31

This thing only took me about an hour. The actual pic will be uploaded later. ;)

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 2:41 AM

Latios l 52525 l 29299
Tackle, Growl
31/31/31/30/31/31

This thing only took me about an hour. The actual pic will be uploaded later. ;)

congratulations! It only gets easier from here :)

Agonist
6th April 2012, 2:42 AM

Latios l 52525 l 29299
Tackle, Growl
31/31/31/30/31/31

Is that Elm's Chikorita? :o

SakuraLatias
6th April 2012, 2:48 AM
congratulations! It only gets easier from here :)

Thanks a lot! I wanted to do Cyndaquil, oh well. :p I had two options; Bold and Timid. Both have the same Hidden Power though. It was a pain in the butt to get it. NPC's and the wind can throw you off. :p

@ above: Yes, it is. :)

Shiny Chikorita (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/20120405172653.jpg/)

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 3:14 AM
Is that Elm's Chikorita? :o

Oh my, i didnt even catch that. Thats even more impressive then, wow, way to go!

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 3:21 AM
Finding DS's parameters is hard. What does it mean by held buttons?

Too Funk to Druck
6th April 2012, 3:29 AM
Finding DS's parameters is hard. What does it mean by held buttons?

Don't worry about that unless you're holding down buttons while you calibrate.

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 3:39 AM
Don't worry about that unless you're holding down buttons while you calibrate.

This also means that you shouldnt touch any buttons after launching you game until the white nintendo splash screen pops up. Not sure if you knew that or not (I mean Tyoyo3131, i know you know that Druck :p) but if your having trouble finding your parameters that might be why

SakuraLatias
6th April 2012, 3:39 AM
Oh my, i didnt even catch that. Thats even more impressive then, wow, way to go!

Thank you once more! x3

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 3:48 AM
3 tries so far. I think I might just be failing to be put in the time. With the DSi, is it the second when you tap the icon? Also, do the IV's have to exact?

dewey911p
6th April 2012, 3:49 AM
I understand it till the comparison-part. It says my starting frame is 47, I found out the IVs of Reshiram without advancing the frame, now what do I compare it with?
Thanks for your help

hit generate in the main window and RNG reporter will list all of the PID frames for that seed. Find the IVs of your Reshiram in RNG reporter and thats your starting frame. If you can't find it within 10 frames up or down, then you missed your seed.

do-re-mi
6th April 2012, 4:30 AM
hit generate in the main window and RNG reporter will list all of the PID frames for that seed. Find the IVs of your Reshiram in RNG reporter and thats your starting frame. If you can't find it within 10 frames up or down, then you missed your seed.

So it should be around the frames 37-57? It's not there so I assume I missed it...
I keep getting the same seed and I start it at the right second, now I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. Is there a possibility that I need to start even earlier than one second? I have an old DS, the starting seems slower than a second to me...

Too Funk to Druck
6th April 2012, 4:34 AM
I've RNGed on an old DS. It's one second. You may be off by less than a second.

do-re-mi
6th April 2012, 4:37 AM
I've RNGed on an old DS. It's one second. You may be off by less than a second.
I'm counting the seconds in the DS clock at the start menu is that alright?

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 4:41 AM
Is there any really good beginner pokemon? I assume Cobalion is easy from what I know.

Too Funk to Druck
6th April 2012, 4:44 AM
I'm counting the seconds in the DS clock at the start menu is that alright?

Yeah.

Is there any really good beginner pokemon? I assume Cobalion is easy from what I know.

Any stationary Pokemon or any wild Pokemon in area without wandering NPCs is good.

Kalosian
6th April 2012, 12:47 PM
After all the trouble I had yesterday, got both the right delay and frame on my first try today.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/408.png
Male | Adamant | Mold Breaker
Mining Museum @ level 20
31/31/31/17/31/31

First and probably only Diamond RNG I'll ever do. Need to train it to level 43, then I'll move on to Platinum.

Tyoyo3131
6th April 2012, 4:02 PM
After reading through numerous guides, it says that my DSi won't work. However, DSi was an option in parameter calculation, and it worked. Why?

Iristle
6th April 2012, 4:10 PM
After reading through numerous guides, it says that my DSi won't work. However, DSi was an option in parameter calculation, and it worked. Why?
The guide must be pretty old. Standard abuse was discovered to be possible on DSi recently, with a 3 second loading time before starting. It was believed to be impossible before then so guides recommended against using a DSi.

SakuraLatias
6th April 2012, 9:14 PM
Well, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I have a spread with my ID/SID to go for Togepi on my HG, the one you get from Prof. Elm.
Bad news: The ability will have Hustle, which is a shame. Oh well. I can always breed it later with a better ability. ;)
Should I go for it?

I may not make a tutorial on HG/SS Starter RNG Abuse, because I successfully RNG'd shiny Chikorita from Elm. Plus, I don't want to spoil it.

Zenotwapal
6th April 2012, 10:51 PM
It's been awhile since I've been at SPPf....
Hello again y'all!

In my absence I've been at Smogon (where I made the Smogon Branch of the RNG Brotherhood. Go join that mess aight?). I also learned how to RNG in the 4th gen, which is great stuff btw. I recently accumulated a Flawless Modest Suicune and Kyorge, Shiny near flawless Modest Moltres, and a Timid Zapdos (if I recall correctly), and a Impish Lugia, and a Jolly Ho-Oh. I am working on ID abusing my Platinum (but that's not going so well lol.)

I'm planning on putting down all my video games though to study hardcore for my SAT test coming up.

AquaRegisteel
6th April 2012, 10:58 PM
Well, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I have a spread with my ID/SID to go for Togepi on my HG, the one you get from Prof. Elm.
Bad news: The ability will have Hustle, which is a shame. Oh well. I can always breed it later with a better ability. ;)
Should I go for it?

I may not make a tutorial on HG/SS Starter RNG Abuse, because I successfully RNG'd shiny Chikorita from Elm. Plus, I don't want to spoil it.

Shame, because If you had a Naive nature, you could run that strange Work Up set on Smogon. I'm assuming it's Timid though, so it's not really ideal.

Also, you should make that guide. I'm desperate to learn how to RNG a starter!

And welcome back Zeno!

Too Funk to Druck
6th April 2012, 11:06 PM
It's been awhile since I've been at SPPf....
Hello again y'all!

In my absence I've been at Smogon (where I made the Smogon Branch of the RNG Brotherhood. Go join that mess aight?). I also learned how to RNG in the 4th gen, which is great stuff btw. I recently accumulated a Flawless Modest Suicune and Kyorge, Shiny near flawless Modest Moltres, and a Timid Zapdos (if I recall correctly), and a Impish Lugia, and a Jolly Ho-Oh. I am working on ID abusing my Platinum (but that's not going so well lol.)

I'm planning on putting down all my video games though to study hardcore for my SAT test coming up.

Pshaw, studying. You should just do what I did: forget about it until the week before and then panic that morning.

But, anyways, welcome back! Hopefully, tonight I'll be able to RNG my TID/SID on HG because apparently, I messed up the first time.

SakuraLatias
6th April 2012, 11:30 PM
This guide is in UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Requirements:
-Know how to RNG ID/SID via Shiny PID
-RNG Reporter (use 9.94 BETA)
-Either use the PikaTimer or the Eon Timer, its clearly up to you (I'd prefer the Eon Timer on this tutorial.)
-If you want the AR code to check its IV's, then Google is your answer! I can't advertise to get the code. ^^;
-Sadly, its for Windows, as of I did this method. Sorry Macs.

1.) Find a usable spread of your choice, nearly 30+ IV per stat.
For example, I'll take Modest HP Flawless Grass Spread as shown:
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9586/haii.png
(You only want the PID, which is on the far left on the image.)
2.) Do not copy the seed, copy the PID on paper.
3.) Then go to the RNG Reporter, go to Pandora's Box Gen IV.
4.) I usually aim for between 5500-5700 delay. You want to hit high delay.
5.) Find the ID/SID of your choice from the chosen PID.
For example, here:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4672/hai1.png
6.) Then go to Seed to Time, first copy the seed of your choice on paper, then paste it on Seed to Time.
7.) Then go to either timers of your option. (PikaTimer or Eon Timer)
8.) For you calibrated delay, you should set it as between 480-490 range. Target Seconds should always be at 14. Target delay is what of you r delay is as of Pandora's Box to Seed to Time.
9.) The minutes before target should be between 1-2 minutes, depending on what timer you're using.
10.) Set up your DS time, day and year. Example will be my target time is 21:45:50, I would set it as 21:43:00. Day and year is your choice.
11.) Once you set up the target, hit the first timer AS you set the DS.
12.) On the second timer, hit THREE seconds BEFORE the SECOND timer ends. Or you may hit the wrong second and/or delay.
13.) If you didn't hit your delay, then go to the Eon Timer, you'll see Delay Hit. Then update, it should update the calibrated delay.
14.) If you hit your right delay and seconds with the right ID, then congratulations on your ID/SID Abuse.

I'll get the pictures later where to hit to get your desired ID/SID.

These two screens you should hit between to get your ID/SID:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6581/test2daa.png
and
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5019/test3n.png

EDIT EDIT: It might be better if I show the pics instead of typing full detail.

Vandslaux
6th April 2012, 11:42 PM
3 tries so far. I think I might just be failing to be put in the time. With the DSi, is it the second when you tap the icon? Also, do the IV's have to exact?

1. Yes
2. No, I found my parameters by just finding the IV range of a poke in Victory Road.

Tyoyo3131
7th April 2012, 4:06 AM
My Time Finder and such are failing to find anything. Anybody got an idea on why it's not working?

Trying to find a woobat from wellspring cave.

Zenotwapal
7th April 2012, 4:13 AM
My Time Finder and such are failing to find anything. Anybody got an idea on why it's not working?

Trying to find a woobat from wellspring cave.
Make sure all of you parameters are plugged in correctly. If you are going for shininess make sure your TID/SID is plugged in correctly as well.

Too Funk to Druck
7th April 2012, 4:39 AM
You may also have to add keypresses and search for higher frames. It can be hard to find frames without this.

Vandslaux
7th April 2012, 5:17 AM
I'm RNGing Latios, I mashed A through Steven's speech, and I got Gentle, Alert to Sounds, which is frame 10. What frame do I stop before? 314, since my target frame is 324? Or would it be 315?

Too Funk to Druck
7th April 2012, 5:19 AM
I'm RNGing Latios, I mashed A through Steven's speech, and I got Gentle, Alert to Sounds, which is frame 10. What frame do I stop before? 314, since my target frame is 324? Or would it be 315?

315. It starts on Frame 1.

Vandslaux
7th April 2012, 5:28 AM
Would the fact that I had Entei and Raikou roaming change that frame up 2, meaning I would stop when Elm gives frame 316's response?

Edit: given 316's response, Latios had Hasty/Capable of taking hits, 325. That means I should stop when he gives frame 315's response?