PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Ballistic Buizel
12th May 2012, 9:41 PM
You're missing finding your SSF.

How do I do that? -_____- sorry I'm just really out of practice

Zak Attack XIII
12th May 2012, 11:02 PM
Anyone know where I can find out how to RNG my Wi-fi event pokes that are waiting to be picked up at the poke center?

Vandslaux
13th May 2012, 1:35 AM
To anybody who has done BCC RNG, what are the known encounter slots? Going for a Caterpie, Metapod, or Butterfree.

bigthurm45
13th May 2012, 6:53 AM
i am going for a jolly shiny cobalion and i know that i am hitting my frame because it is jolly everytime but never shiny. i have my sid in but it may be wrong or something i'm not sure. i ar'ed my sid. is there a better way to get it or is there something wrong that i am doing.

Myrrh
13th May 2012, 7:25 AM
Check the IVs to be sure that you really are hitting your seed. If you are using a Synchronizer then that might be making you believe you are hitting your seed.

Vandslaux
13th May 2012, 6:44 PM
How, exactly, does Honey Tree abuse work? First, do I need to slather trees until I find one with my target pokemon, and save, then RNG as normal?

Tsuchi
13th May 2012, 7:06 PM
hello im a fellow battler who just heard about RNG and wanted to have a better understanding about this if someone is willing to explain that would be greatly appreciated:)

Zak Attack XIII
13th May 2012, 7:07 PM
Can someone please link me to a page were I can learn how to RNG my wi-fi gift pokes!?
I already know how to breed RNG if it's easier you can just PM me the link or it's differances from breed RNG.

Vandslaux
15th May 2012, 4:03 AM
Can someone please link me to a page were I can learn how to RNG my wi-fi gift pokes!?
I already know how to breed RNG if it's easier you can just PM me the link or it's differances from breed RNG.

It's the same as breeding, but without NPCs or the need to find your SSF.

Zak Attack XIII
15th May 2012, 4:47 AM
It's the same as breeding, but without NPCs or the need to find your SSF.

Thanks friend = )
One more question, do I change the method to wandercard instead of B/W Breeding?
I don't know the exact terminology for what I'm trying to ask, I hope that question makes since... :/

TDawg
15th May 2012, 6:43 AM
Thanks friend = )
One more question, do I change the method to wandercard instead of B/W Breeding?
I don't know the exact terminology for what I'm trying to ask, I hope that question makes since... :/
Kind of self explanatory, but yes.

SakuraLatias
15th May 2012, 9:44 AM
Here's what I got:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1176/315fshiny.gif
IV's: 31/x/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70
Moves: Leaf Storm; Sludge Bomb; Hidden Power; Shadow Ball

Totally forgot about Sleep Powder. :p

ramsayvidar37
15th May 2012, 11:18 AM
does someone know if you can gen a female nidoran off of a male nidoran and a ditto?

Zak Attack XIII
15th May 2012, 2:26 PM
Kind of self explanatory, but yes.

Thanks again friends.
Wow, wandercard RNG sounds VERY easy! = )

The Eleventh
15th May 2012, 6:44 PM
does someone know if you can gen a female nidoran off of a male nidoran and a ditto?
Nidoran♂ will only breed Nidoran♂ eggs. However, Nidoran♀ will create both gender eggs.

Vandslaux
16th May 2012, 1:00 AM
9.96 is now available, I think. No more remembering SIDs for each game, RNG Profiles has finally been implemented.

SakuraLatias
16th May 2012, 1:06 AM
9.96 is now available, I think. No more remembering SIDs for each game, RNG Profiles has finally been implemented.

Not yet. Just looked.

EDIT: Rank up.

Too Funk to Druck
16th May 2012, 1:10 AM
http://irc.netsplit.de/channels/details.php?room=%23smogonwifi&net=synIRC

This has a link to the download of 9.96 alpha 3.

Zenotwapal
16th May 2012, 1:16 AM
http://irc.netsplit.de/channels/details.php?room=%23smogonwifi&net=synIRC

This has a link to the download of 9.96 alpha 3.

yesssssss now I don't have to keep imputting values whenever I switch.games.

Has the new reporter been publically released? Or has someone uploaded the program? I also heard Omega is no longer heading the project... Can someone confirm all of this?

SakuraLatias
16th May 2012, 1:32 AM
Now I just got the updated of the RNG Reporter. :p Its better than the 9.95 BETA.

TDawg
16th May 2012, 6:12 AM
yesssssss now I don't have to keep imputting values whenever I switch.games.

Has the new reporter been publically released? Or has someone uploaded the program? I also heard Omega is no longer heading the project... Can someone confirm all of this?
This is a better question left at Smogon to be honest. I would like to know these things as well though.

Myrrh
16th May 2012, 6:32 AM
I have been listening to Chatot's cry to determine which frame I am on pretty well. Would I be able to successfully RNG in areas where there are moving NPC's, or do they also advance the frame while Sweet Scent is being used?

TDawg
16th May 2012, 6:34 AM
I have been listening to Chatot's cry to determine which frame I am on pretty well. Would I be able to successfully RNG in areas where there are moving NPC's, or do they also advance the frame while Sweet Scent is being used?
They move as you Sweet Scent in 5th Gen so that will mess you up quite a bit as it did me when I didn't know. Best bet is to RNG your seed and just get your shifted starting frame by mash the menu open and then sweet scenting and see where that places you and go from there.

Myrrh
16th May 2012, 6:43 AM
Gah, okay thanks. Doesn't seem too bad.

TDawg
16th May 2012, 6:44 AM
Gah, okay thanks. Doesn't seem too bad.
Not bad at all. If you know what you're doing, then I don't think you'll come across any problems.

Agonist
16th May 2012, 7:05 AM
Not bad at all. If you know what you're doing, then I don't think you'll come across any problems.
Think of it as RNGing an egg and you should be fine.

The Eleventh
16th May 2012, 3:38 PM
The lack of Emerald egg support is disappointing. It's not as if this is a truly worthwhile update, unless there are faster searches.

Kalosian
16th May 2012, 11:53 PM
I like the idea of profiles in the new version of the reporter, that will surely be useful. Although I won't get it until the beta version is out.

Vandslaux
18th May 2012, 4:02 AM
I'm torn on the ball to use on a shiny Seedot that will be a Shiftry (I'm personally using it) I've just RNGed. Thought about Repeat Ball, but that goes horridly with shiny Shiftry.

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
20th May 2012, 4:55 PM
I'm doing non C-gear RNG and I have typed everything in for the 5th gen time finder, and yet when I press generate, I find nothing. Any help?

Too Funk to Druck
20th May 2012, 4:59 PM
I'm doing non C-gear RNG and I have typed everything in for the 5th gen time finder, and yet when I press generate, I find nothing. Any help?

Did you find your parameters? If so, what are you looking for? If you're doing wild/stationary, you might not find seeds all the time, especially if you're looking for a specific seed.

20th May 2012, 5:01 PM
I found my parameters and clicked go to the time finder . I'm doing wild pokemon .

Too Funk to Druck
20th May 2012, 5:04 PM
Yeah, chances are, you just need to keep looking. Seeds can be hard to come by.

20th May 2012, 5:05 PM
So, you mean start over from the start? Or just keep trying to generate it like it is?

Too Funk to Druck
20th May 2012, 5:16 PM
So, you mean start over from the start? Or just keep trying to generate it like it is?

Keep trying to generate seeds. Just use different months, and if need be, raise the number of advancements you have to do, or add keypresses.

20th May 2012, 5:42 PM
I've done it two times, and it still won't work ... O_o I'll just keep going.

Too Funk to Druck
22nd May 2012, 9:26 PM
Hey! Nice to see you back! We actually have a thread now where all capture/breeds can go: Discuss my Pokemon! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting))

||Caboose||
22nd May 2012, 9:43 PM
Hey! Nice to see you back! We actually have a thread now where all capture/breeds can go: Discuss my Pokemon! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting))
Hey!
Oh, sorry.
I'll go there and post.

Vandslaux
24th May 2012, 1:40 AM
For DPP starter abuse, would I wait in Twinleaf Town while the NPC(s) move around? I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Impish spread and RNGing a shiny starter Turtwig. Impish gets Regirock, Registeel, Uxie, and Giratina. Any wild pokes it would be useful for? Aron, maybe? Though I don't care to learn Radar abuse. I've never even successfully chained.

SakuraLatias
24th May 2012, 3:24 AM
For DPP starter abuse, would I wait in Twinleaf Town while the NPC(s) move around? I'm thinking of RNGing a shiny Impish spread and RNGing a shiny starter Turtwig. Impish gets Regirock, Registeel, Uxie, and Giratina. Any wild pokes it would be useful for? Aron, maybe? Though I don't care to learn Radar abuse. I've never even successfully chained.

I know that the 128 steps will not advance, since that you don't have any Pokemon in your party. Give it a try. Aron could work with Impish. I'll try to do Poke Radar abuse on my English Platinum. Good luck with DPP Starter!

SasakiThePikachu
24th May 2012, 1:36 PM
Hi lovely people.

So I'm researching Hidden Power Ground 70, and apparently the IV spread for it is 31,31,31,31,30,30 (hp/atk/def/spd/sp atk/sp def).

Firstly, is this correct? And secondly, does it have to be these IVs exactly, or can it just be any numbers so long as they follow the odd/even pattern?

edit - thanks, eleventh!

The Eleventh
24th May 2012, 5:43 PM
Firstly, is this correct? And secondly, does it have to be these IVs exactly, or can it just be any numbers so long as they follow the odd/even pattern?
Hidden Power calculator. (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx)

The best IV combinations for HP Ground 70 are:

30/30/30/31/30/30
30/31/31/30/30/31 (this is the one you listed)
31/30/31/30/30/31
31/31/31/30/30/31

Vandslaux
25th May 2012, 2:55 AM
When RNGing DPt IDs, do you press A at the end of the second timer so the TV screen disappears, or the "See you next week, same time, same channel!" screen? Though, like HGSS ID RNGing, it seems to require a different calibrated delay than normal, since it's uncontrollable when that screen stops, like the shrinking in HGSS. Or is it generated during the black screen between the shrinking and the TV screen? Basically, just press A at the other last screen and see what I hit, then adjust the calibrated delay?

The Eleventh
25th May 2012, 4:43 PM
When RNGing DPt IDs, do you press A at the end of the second timer so the TV screen disappears, or the "See you next week, same time, same channel!" screen? Though, like HGSS ID RNGing, it seems to require a different calibrated delay than normal, since it's uncontrollable when that screen stops, like the shrinking in HGSS. Or is it generated during the black screen between the shrinking and the TV screen? Basically, just press A at the other last screen and see what I hit, then adjust the calibrated delay?
You have to press A at the end of the second timer to close the TV report on-screen in DPPt.

FairyWitch
25th May 2012, 5:05 PM
I've done it two times, and it still won't work ... O_o I'll just keep going.

yes keep going wild for some reason is harder to understand for me to find then an breed egg...it strange...for some reason breeding is easier for me...

The Eleventh
25th May 2012, 8:25 PM
9.96 Alpha 6 has Emerald breeding! *Dies* :D

SakuraLatias
25th May 2012, 10:39 PM
9.96 Alpha 6 has Emerald breeding! *Dies* :D

Yay! Now I can do some breeding on my Jap. Emerald. ;D

Vandslaux
25th May 2012, 10:54 PM
IDK if I should post this in the DMP thread, but I just within 2 minutes ago RNGed my Platinum IDs.

Looking at the circumstances, DPt starter abuse on a retail cart looks sure as hell "don't try it".

KiltedTrainer
26th May 2012, 12:15 AM
Why is it that when I RNG in gen 5, if I find a seed that I like that claims to need a cute charm, I enter the seed into the clipboard and generate everything, the shiny frame doesn't show up as the time finder reports it? It happens with every single seed I find that has a cute charm aspect to it. I can find and hit wild non-cute charm frames without fail, but I can't even try to go for the ones that are cute charm. I've heard cute charm isn't important unless working with genders but then why can't I use any seeds with it?

Vandslaux
26th May 2012, 12:30 AM
You need a Cute Charm lead that's the opposite gender of your target, and your target has to have the listed M/F gender ratio. Click on the Synchronize button in the main screen, and it changes to Cute Charm (and Suction Cups, for whatever reason).

Vandslaux
26th May 2012, 3:52 AM
I've tried RNGing something for my sister, I tried RNGing it with her ID/SID, it didn't come out shiny. This was on a regular DS Lite. But I don't understand why it would hatch shiny in his game if the ID/SID aren't set to his.

Vandslaux
26th May 2012, 4:05 AM
I think it's only shiny if you both have the same ID/SID combos.

Zorua?!
28th May 2012, 12:25 AM
I've a question, as I'm starting RNGing soon: how hard is using a DSi to RNG compared to a lite?
also, what are other drawbacks?

Too Funk to Druck
28th May 2012, 12:31 AM
I've a question, as I'm starting RNGing soon: how hard is using a DSi to RNG compared to a lite?
also, what are other drawbacks?

The only real drawback of using a DSi/3DS to RNG on Gen V is that you don't have an analog clock with a seconds hand, so you'll need some way to keep track of seconds. Otherwise, it's pretty much exactly the same as far as I know.

SakuraLatias
30th May 2012, 12:46 AM
I'm trying to RNG Abuse my ID/SID on my Eng. HG. Whatever I'm trying to hit odd delay, I ended up hitting even delay. Or trying to hit an even delay, ended up hitting odd delay. Is it because I got the GBA Slot inserted? Or it is inconsistent?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Its my Calibrated Delay.

Myrrh
2nd June 2012, 4:09 AM
When using the time finder to search for frame 1 seeds for wild pokemon RNGs, is there any reason to search for a specific encounter slot at all? I ask this because it seems like you have to search for a frame in the main window that lists the encounter slot you want when you select Gen 5 PIDRNG anyways.

Vandslaux
2nd June 2012, 4:29 AM
When using the time finder to search for frame 1 seeds for wild pokemon RNGs, is there any reason to search for a specific encounter slot at all? I ask this because it seems like you have to search for a frame in the main window that lists the encounter slot you want when you select Gen 5 PIDRNG anyways.

When you find an IV seed, then, in the main window, put that IV seed in the seed box and change the encounter method to PIDRNG, then just skim the list for a desirable nature and encounter slot. Then just, taking your initial PID frame into account, Chatot flip to that frame and Sweet Scent.

Myrrh
2nd June 2012, 4:33 AM
When you find an IV seed, then, in the main window, put that IV seed in the seed box and change the encounter method to PIDRNG, then just skim the list for a desirable nature and encounter slot. Then just, taking your initial PID frame into account, Chatot flip to that frame and Sweet Scent.

Yeah I know. But I've been searching for IV seeds with specific encounter slots. Was this unecessary and causing me to turn up less seeds?

Vandslaux
2nd June 2012, 4:35 AM
Yeah I know. But I've been searching for IV seeds with specific encounter slots. Was this unecessary and causing me to turn up less seeds?

No, it has nothing to do with it.

Vandslaux
2nd June 2012, 9:04 PM
Does anybody know of a seed with a somewhat low frame that has a PID that, when turned into decimal form, is less than 656? Planning on RNGing a Munchlax from a Honey tree.

Too Funk to Druck
3rd June 2012, 3:18 AM

Yes. The more specific you are in your search, the less seeds you'll find. In most cases, Pokemon are available on more than one encounter slot, so there's no real reason to search for a specific one.

No, it has nothing to do with it.

Err, it does affect how many seeds you'll find.

Vandslaux
3rd June 2012, 3:58 AM
Yes. The more specific you are in your search, the less seeds you'll find. In most cases, Pokemon are available on more than one encounter slot, so there's no real reason to search for a specific one.

Err, it does affect how many seeds you'll find.

Searching for an encounter slot when finding a frame 1 IV seed means nothing. It doesn't show up with the encounter slot anyway, as that's up to the PIDRNG.

Too Funk to Druck
3rd June 2012, 4:09 AM
Ah, forgot that.

Of course, there's still never really reason to search for encounter slots.

Nyarlathotep
5th June 2012, 1:35 PM
Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!

Too Funk to Druck
5th June 2012, 4:35 PM
It is possible to RNG on a flashcart.

Nyarlathotep
5th June 2012, 4:46 PM
Thanks! With which method?

KiltedTrainer
6th June 2012, 7:05 AM
Is there a 4th Gen RNG discussion thread anywhere? I can't seem to find it/one... and I have questions relating issues I am running into with times not matching up no matter what I do. I don't want to post the stuff here since this is for 5th gen and I can do all of that well now, but 4th gen I need help on. No guides have an answer from what I've read so can anyone direct me to the place to ask 4th gen RNG questions?

Too Funk to Druck
6th June 2012, 2:22 PM
Is there a 4th Gen RNG discussion thread anywhere? I can't seem to find it/one... and I have questions relating issues I am running into with times not matching up no matter what I do. I don't want to post the stuff here since this is for 5th gen and I can do all of that well now, but 4th gen I need help on. No guides have an answer from what I've read so can anyone direct me to the place to ask 4th gen RNG questions?

I think there is one, but you can just ask here.

KiltedTrainer
7th June 2012, 12:39 AM
Alright, so I finally have read and read and READ every resource I can find on 4th gen rng and understand the basic stuff. I didn't RNG my ID/SID but found some seeds I like for the Lugia in my playthrough of SS right now and since I'm finally at Lugia I decided I'd try to RNG it tonight.

But alas, there's always a catch with RNG'ing the first time, isn't there? :P

I can't find any info on this issue, so I'll explain it in as much detail as possible.

I have found a seed for my ID/SID (42594/35945). the seed is: 861103BA

Seed to time info is as follows for that seed on 2-23-2011 at 17:58:30 (with the seconds set to 30 in the top box for seconds).

-Delay = 943

I generate +/- 50 seeds and +/- 2 seconds to see the surrounding seeds.

I have eontimer set to the following:

-Calibrated Delay: 480
-Calibrated Seconds: 14
-Target Delay: 943
-Target seconds: 30

Eontimer tells me that it is a 1 minute before target timeframe and the 1st countdown reads 68:27.

I hit as close as possible to get the delay and hit my seed just like everyone says to do. I've not gotten the delay corect anytime, but the delay has been close (I'm not quite getting the split-second button hitting yet, but that's not the issue hand from what I can tell).

The issue is that no matter what we (Wolveram and I) do, we never hit the right time. We are never hitting the target 30 seconds. Instead, we hit seeds that are there at 28 seconds. The 2 second difference is a straight constant, and if I switch the calibrated time to 12 seconds on eon timer, my result isn't in my seeds that are generated in seed to time whatsoever.

What is wrong that is causing this 2 second difference? I have a gut feeling that that difference is the only thing in my way frm 4th gen rng now, but I have no clue how to resolve it.

Thanks for any advice!

||Caboose||
13th June 2012, 8:46 PM
Try using +/- 99 seeds for a bigger range, that usually works for me, and using +/- 1 second. Also, in eontimer, go to settings, change the mode to visual or audio depending on what you want to use. Visual works best in case eontimer lags for you. I use 1 beep per second, and number of beeps at 9 because it gives a 10th beat at 0.00, but you can change it to whatever you want so you have a good indication of when you need to start the game. If you are using a ds phat or lite, you can put a pokemon gba game in the slot to help you hit even/odd delays, but I forgot which ones does which.

Hope I helped in some way :/

Vandslaux
14th June 2012, 12:16 AM
Alright, so I finally have read and read and READ every resource I can find on 4th gen rng and understand the basic stuff. I didn't RNG my ID/SID but found some seeds I like for the Lugia in my playthrough of SS right now and since I'm finally at Lugia I decided I'd try to RNG it tonight.

But alas, there's always a catch with RNG'ing the first time, isn't there? :P

I can't find any info on this issue, so I'll explain it in as much detail as possible.

I have found a seed for my ID/SID (42594/35945). the seed is: 861103BA

Seed to time info is as follows for that seed on 2-23-2011 at 17:58:30 (with the seconds set to 30 in the top box for seconds).

-Delay = 943

I generate +/- 50 seeds and +/- 2 seconds to see the surrounding seeds.

I have eontimer set to the following:

-Calibrated Delay: 480
-Calibrated Seconds: 14
-Target Delay: 943
-Target seconds: 30

Eontimer tells me that it is a 1 minute before target timeframe and the 1st countdown reads 68:27.

I hit as close as possible to get the delay and hit my seed just like everyone says to do. I've not gotten the delay corect anytime, but the delay has been close (I'm not quite getting the split-second button hitting yet, but that's not the issue hand from what I can tell).

The issue is that no matter what we (Wolveram and I) do, we never hit the right time. We are never hitting the target 30 seconds. Instead, we hit seeds that are there at 28 seconds. The 2 second difference is a straight constant, and if I switch the calibrated time to 12 seconds on eon timer, my result isn't in my seeds that are generated in seed to time whatsoever.

What is wrong that is causing this 2 second difference? I have a gut feeling that that difference is the only thing in my way frm 4th gen rng now, but I have no clue how to resolve it.

Thanks for any advice!

Must have something to do with the calibrated delay. Whenever I don't get any results, I just set it to +/-100 delays and see what I hit. Always works. Could have something to do with the calibrated second? Though that would be weird, I use 14 in SS and it works just fine.

RNG_Reporter
14th June 2012, 4:25 AM
UGH.. I missed the Darkrai mystery gift card..

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

At least I finally RNGed the Mewtwo event.. I'm so lazy lol.

Time to do the Victini one.

Really wanted Darkrai..

RNG_Reporter
14th June 2012, 4:51 AM
UGH.. I missed the Darkrai mystery gift card..

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

At least I finally RNGed the Mewtwo event.. I'm so lazy lol.

Time to do the Victini one.

Really wanted Darkrai..

Victini done.

Jolly, 31/31/31/2/31/31

V-Create and Fusion Bolt.. Mmmmmm

Phoenix_85x
14th June 2012, 7:58 PM
Hello everyone! I have just recently started to try and RNG, but it isn't going so good for me.
I tried to calibrate using this (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524) guide and a stationary Terrakion, but these are the results:

(The things in bold are the important ones)

Actual Seconds VCount Timer0 GxStat VFrame Seed
31 60 C7E 6 6 2B5758E4A681E896

31 60 C7F 6 6 B74339053AC6D88E

Every second terrakion i caught had the exact same IVs, stats and everything, and that caused the RNG DS parameter finder to search for the same things every second time.
Is this normal? And if so, which one of these 'calibrations' should i follow?
Also, if i want to RNG an event pokemon, is it the same way as to RNG a stationary pokemon?

The Eleventh
14th June 2012, 8:16 PM
Every second terrakion i caught had the exact same IVs, stats and everything, and that caused the RNG DS parameter finder to search for the same things every second time.
Is this normal? And if so, which one of these 'calibrations' should i follow?
That's perfectly normal. You'll have two Timer0 values, which fluctuate uncontrollably. Just take either of them and use that to search for seeds. If you ever find you're not hitting the seed after numerous attempts, change the Timer0 to the other value and search again.

Also, if i want to RNG an event pokemon, is it the same way as to RNG a stationary pokemon?
It's very similar, except you'll need to use a different method (Wonder Card) and you'll need to note that the IVs and PID (nature, ability, etc.) are generated together. This doesn't cause any difficulties; it just means there's a slight difference. The method of RNGing is the same, really, except you'll only be using Chatot to advance the frame. Also, make sure to save in front of the delivery man in a Pokémon Center with no WNPCs (such as the Pokémon League).

RNG_Reporter
15th June 2012, 8:03 AM
Wondercard Pokemon are probably the easiest ones to get.

My Mewtwo and Victini took about 10 minutes combined, [searching included], once I got the energy to actually do them.

Have about 5 more pokemon left until the entire Unova region has been RNG'd [competitive natures, ability, and movepools]. My Pokemon boxes look so beautiful.

Dragalge
16th June 2012, 2:44 PM
I just wished RNG was easier to understand how it works, been wanting a Darkrai with a good nature and IVs.

The Eleventh
16th June 2012, 2:48 PM
I just wished RNG was easier to understand how it works, been wanting a Darkrai with a good nature and IVs.
It's not difficult. Just take it slow and ask any questions you may have here.

Phoenix_85x
16th June 2012, 9:56 PM
That's perfectly normal. You'll have two Timer0 values, which fluctuate uncontrollably. Just take either of them and use that to search for seeds. If you ever find you're not hitting the seed after numerous attempts, change the Timer0 to the other value and search again.

It's very similar, except you'll need to use a different method (Wonder Card) and you'll need to note that the IVs and PID (nature, ability, etc.) are generated together. This doesn't cause any difficulties; it just means there's a slight difference. The method of RNGing is the same, really, except you'll only be using Chatot to advance the frame. Also, make sure to save in front of the delivery man in a Pokémon Center with no WNPCs (such as the Pokémon League).

Thanks! I haven't learned yet what the advancing in frame does, but i will soon!

Don't worry, it isn't as hard as it looks like. I thought it was one of the hardest things in pokemon, but i had wrong when i found a quite easy guide.

Dragalge
17th June 2012, 1:45 AM
Don't worry, it isn't as hard as it looks like. I thought it was one of the hardest things in pokemon, but i had wrong when i found a quite easy guide.

It's the wording with the numbers that confuse me, if their was a guide with simpler explanations without the weird wording, I would appreciate it:)

Phoenix_85x
17th June 2012, 2:29 AM
This is the guide i use (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524), and it is a good guide without any confusing words, numbers, codings or anything.

Also, i am having a BIG problem with RNGing.
It isn't working.
I tried to RNG a stationary Terrakion using 2 Timer0's since i got 2 repeatedly, but it didn't work with either of them.
This is what i have tried so far:

Timer0 C7F with date/time minus my actual seconds (31)

Timer0 C7F with date/time minus 1

Timer0 C7E with date/time minus my actual seconds (31)

I have tried a few seeds, including ones with keypresses and some without keypresses.

So what am i doing wrong? I checked everything (MAC address, game version, etc.) and all are correct.
What i was thinking of is that i might have pressed the keypresses at the same time that i started the game, but that is what you are supposed to do, right?

Dragalge
17th June 2012, 2:37 AM
This is the guide i use (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524), and it is a good guide without any confusing words, numbers, codings or anything.

Ah, great guide without the weird stuff, thanks!

Phoenix_85x
17th June 2012, 2:43 AM
You're welcome :)

Myrrh
17th June 2012, 8:15 AM
Is this guide good for learning 4th gen RNG? http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1 Though I want to RNG on my Heart Gold, not Pearl. Is there any other good 4th gen RNG guides or does that one cover HG/SS too? I haven't looked at it really >.>

Vandslaux
17th June 2012, 6:29 PM
Is this guide good for learning 4th gen RNG? http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1 Though I want to RNG on my Heart Gold, not Pearl. Is there any other good 4th gen RNG guides or does that one cover HG/SS too? I haven't looked at it really >.>

That guide focuses on a rather unreliable form of RNGing, using a delay close to your calibrated delay and pray you hit it. I thought I saw a guide in the making in Smogon's forums on 4th gen RNGing with a timer.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154

Myrrh
17th June 2012, 6:51 PM
That guide focuses on a rather unreliable form of RNGing, using a delay close to your calibrated delay and pray you hit it. I thought I saw a guide in the making in Smogon's forums on 4th gen RNGing with a timer.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154

Oh, thank you. I skimmed over it just now and it looks pretty good.

Absol Wings
18th June 2012, 10:46 PM
Ummm.......help?????
The encounter slots tables are no longer usable! ;___;

Vandslaux
19th June 2012, 12:20 AM
What's a typical SSF for Tornadus? Thinking of RNGing my IDs in Black w/o having to do 200+ Chatters every time.

KiltedTrainer
19th June 2012, 2:26 AM
On a totally unrelated note from my last post... A new question has popped up.

Seeing as how the encounter slot chart that was hosted online for white is down, does anyone know where I can get a word/excell file or another site that hosts it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Siebold
19th June 2012, 2:41 AM
Can I talk about Sr'ing here? Or where can I do that?

The Eleventh
19th June 2012, 12:10 PM
Seeing as how the encounter slot chart that was hosted online for white is down, does anyone know where I can get a word/excell file or another site that hosts it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
If you're just looking for BW encounter slots, you're in luck. A Smogon user (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057&page=568) has uploaded those two sets of encounter slots. Just click the attached file.

Can I talk about Sr'ing here? Or where can I do that?
SRing for shinies? That would go in the Shiny Discussion (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?468111-5th-Gen-Shiny-Discussion-FAQ-Thread-Post-once-per-page-only!). If you want to talk about a Pokémon you've SRed for, then Discuss My Pokémon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?200-Pok%E9mon-Black-amp-White-Discussion) is where you should go.

Phoenix_85x
19th June 2012, 8:46 PM
I was wondering, how hard is it to RNG in gen 4 (HG) compared to RNG in gen 5? Since i was thinking about trying to RNG some pokemons not present in Pokemon white (such as gastly, gible etc.)

The Eleventh
19th June 2012, 8:57 PM
I was wondering, how hard is it to RNG in gen 4 (HG) compared to RNG in gen 5? Since i was thinking about trying to RNG some pokemons not present in Pokemon white (such as gastly, gible etc.)
It is quite difficult when you start to learn, but after several attempts, it becomes extremely easy. Essentially, you need to be as accurate as 1/30 second, rather than hitting A anytime during the second. It isn't as hard as it may sound, really.

Phoenix_85x
19th June 2012, 10:50 PM
Not as hard as it sounds? I hope so at least.

Vandslaux
20th June 2012, 12:08 AM
What's a typical SSF for Tornadus? Thinking of RNGing my IDs in Black w/o having to do 200+ Chatters every time.

I think I was missed. And change that to Thundurus, and it is a Summer month in which my seed is in. According to this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3560233&postcount=7824), my SSF would be about somewhere around 600. Would this be correct? My initial PID frame is 51, and I would think the +1 PID frame thing is fixed by now. And which version of RNG Reporter should I use? Is 95/96 still glitched with characteristics?

Phoenix_85x
21st June 2012, 7:31 PM
Okay, i am having a big problem here.
No matter how many times i try, the seed i find always turns out to be wrong.
I tried several Timer0's as well as actual seconds and several different seeds (including keypresses, time, etc.).
Am i doing something wrong or should i continue trying until i found one that works? I thought all seeds that where generated would work as long as the calibration is correct.
Anyway, this is what i have done until now:

I started my game at the time xx:xx:30, and i caught the stationary terrakion.
I looked up it's IVs and wrote them in the RNG reporter.
I wrote in my MAC adress and game version and clicked search.
Two different Timer0's came up every time. Both C7E and C7F, so i used both of them in the time finder.

I later checked my MAC adress and game version in the time finder and set keypresses to 3.
I set method to method 5 (standard seed) and encounter type to stationary pokemon.
I set min and max frame to 1 and set the month.
I later set the IVs and clicked generate.
Several seeds came up and i tried many of them, but none of them worked.
I tried with both timer0's but none of them worked, so what am i doing wrong?

Bokk
21st June 2012, 8:34 PM
Hey everyone, I've RNGed on a DS lite before. What's the difference between rnging on a DS lite and 3DS?

Too Funk to Druck
21st June 2012, 8:40 PM
Okay, i am having a big problem here.
No matter how many times i try, the seed i find always turns out to be wrong.
I tried several Timer0's as well as actual seconds and several different seeds (including keypresses, time, etc.).
Am i doing something wrong or should i continue trying until i found one that works? I thought all seeds that where generated would work as long as the calibration is correct.
Anyway, this is what i have done until now:

I started my game at the time xx:xx:30, and i caught the stationary terrakion.
I looked up it's IVs and wrote them in the RNG reporter.
I wrote in my MAC adress and game version and clicked search.
Two different Timer0's came up every time. Both C7E and C7F, so i used both of them in the time finder.

I later checked my MAC adress and game version in the time finder and set keypresses to 3.
I set method to method 5 (standard seed) and encounter type to stationary pokemon.
I set min and max frame to 1 and set the month.
I later set the IVs and clicked generate.
Several seeds came up and i tried many of them, but none of them worked.
I tried with both timer0's but none of them worked, so what am i doing wrong?

Honestly, it seems like you've done nothing wrong. I'd recommend trying to narrow down which timer0 you get more, and just using that one, but I have no idea why no seeds at all are working. I think I had this problem once though. I just found a random shiny seed, and tried to hit it, which made it easy to see which one I hit.

Hey everyone, I've RNGed on a DS lite before. What's the difference between rnging on a DS lite and 3DS?

You need to start the 3DS 8 seconds before the time you need to hit instead of 1 second, and there's no analogue clock, so you must have some way to keep track of seconds.

Now I have a question. For anyone familiar with both RNG Reporter and PPRNG, what's the main difference between the two of them? I just got a MacBook as a graduation present, so I wanted to know what may be different.

Phoenix_85x
21st June 2012, 8:44 PM
Okay, just ignore my last post. I finally got an (almost) flawless terrakion! My first RNG success :D
Now, i wonder one thing: Do i have to calibrate every time i try to RNG something? The guide (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524) i use says that i only need to do it once.
The only things i saw that the calibration did was to add VCount, VFrame, GxStat, Timer0 min, Timer0 max, MAC adress, game version and DS type to the time finder.
Do i have to add that manually next time i RNG?

Too Funk to Druck
21st June 2012, 8:46 PM
Okay, just ignore my last post. I finally got an (almost) flawless terrakion! My first RNG success :D
Now, i wonder one thing: Do i have to calibrate every time i try to RNG something? The guide (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524) i use says that i only need to do it once.
The only things i saw that the calibration did was to add VCount, VFrame, GxStat, Timer0 min, Timer0 max, MAC adress, game version and DS type to the time finder.
Do i have to add that manually next time i RNG?

You only have to do it once, assuming it's right the first time. After that, it should automatically be in there(Timer0 min and max can be changed, but I'd recommend keeping it to the one you hit the most).

Bokk
21st June 2012, 8:50 PM
You need to start the 3DS 8 seconds before the time you need to hit instead of 1 second, and there's no analogue clock, so you must have some way to keep track of seconds.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Phoenix_85x
21st June 2012, 8:53 PM
You only have to do it once, assuming it's right the first time. After that, it should automatically be in there(Timer0 min and max can be changed, but I'd recommend keeping it to the one you hit the most).

Thanks for the help :D

Also, i think that the problem last time when it didn't work was because of the keypresses, since this time, the seed didn't need any keypresses.
Last time, i maybe held the keys for either too long or a little late.
Anyway, good thing i know what i did wrong though.

blonde_1
21st June 2012, 9:06 PM
Now I have a question. For anyone familiar with both RNG Reporter and PPRNG, what's the main difference between the two of them? I just got a MacBook as a graduation present, so I wanted to know what may be different.

PPRNG is much easier to use, it is cleaner and nicer looking too ;) They perform basically the same underlying functions but I just think PPRNG is much more intuitive especially for newbies. Theres no switching between windows or copying over numbers etc., you just plug in what you want and click search :)

Zenotwapal
22nd June 2012, 6:30 PM
Got my fingers crossed hoping that B/W2s RNG stays the same.

The Eleventh
22nd June 2012, 7:40 PM
I'd think it will stay the same. Oh well, I'm sure I'll manage to learn the new technique if it differs.

Typhlosion X
22nd June 2012, 8:45 PM

Bond697's confirmed it to be the same as BW (link here) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4285833&postcount=904), minus the parameters of course. Encounter slots are listed but the places aren't named yet in the list.

There's quite a bit to look forward to. I'm looking forward to getting another go at the Regis (shame Seismic Toss isn't a tutor), this time with flawless or near-flawless IVs without having to RNG an ID combo. If Heatran's in I can get that Calm flawless I've been after. HP Fighting Cresselia, Bold Uxie, the list goes on. Also hoping that Tornadus/Thundurus will be available so I can RNG those as well. It's a little disappointing that 4th gen just got made obsolete with the move tutors, though.

EDIT: Apparently starting PID frame calculation changed and C-Gear now advances IV Frame by 2 when turned on (still advances PID frame at same rate, also C-Gear seeds are no more, they're saying Entralink abuse is a lot easier). IV Frame starts at 3 now, not 1. Chatot still advances the frame the same, as do WNPCs. This is all from Smogon's thread, putting it here so people don't have to look for it.

Phoenix_85x
23rd June 2012, 3:01 AM
I am having yet another problem with RNGing.
This time, i am trying to RNG a wild pokemon. I decided to RNG a non shiny fraxure, since GTS isn't working for me right now and i can't check my SID.
Anyway, this is what i did:

http://i48.*******.com/1ioe1v.png

I hit the seed in the game and used sweet scent, but the pokemon that appeared was Rufflet and not fraxure.
I hit the seed again, but this time, a mienshao appeared. I decided to catch it instead, and i did so.
It had near flawless IVs and jolly nature, but wrong ability (inner focus).
I searched for a new seed and hit the new one (the one in the picture), but a rufflet appeared again.
I caught it, but it had bad IVs (except for attack which was 30-31) and jolly nature.

What am i doing wrong? The guide i use says that RNGing stationary and wild pokemons are almost the same thing except you need to add encounter slot and ability (which i did).

Typhlosion X
23rd June 2012, 4:14 AM
Did you paste that seed into the main window for the PIDRNG to get the frame which yields a Jolly Fraxure? Your Fraxure's slot may be on a different PID frame than your starting frame.

Agonist
23rd June 2012, 4:56 PM
Well, BW2 RNG is apparently pretty much the same as BW. C-Gear seeds are apparently gone, and turning the c-gear on and off advances the pidrng by one, according to slashmolder's post on Smogon. Also, xfr has already RNGed Snivy (http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1495785), and slashmolder has RNGed a Tepig.

Too Funk to Druck
23rd June 2012, 5:10 PM
I've never done any Entralink rnging, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the lack of c-gear seeds completely changes it, right?

Typhlosion X
23rd June 2012, 6:54 PM
I've never done any Entralink rnging, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the lack of c-gear seeds completely changes it, right?

They're saying it's much easier to pull off now, though I'm not sure how the process goes. I'd imagine it's the same as standard abuse now with a few twists since turning the C-Gear on advances the IVRNG by 2.

This got found out not too long ago, putting it here: Timer0 (unsurprisingly) is back with a vengeance this time around. Timer0 in retail carts for BW2 is more unstable (link to chiizu's post) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4287844&postcount=907). I thought BW's Timer0s could be aggrivating, 5 Timer0s on one cart, that's ridiculous.

Agonist
23rd June 2012, 11:45 PM
They're saying it's much easier to pull off now, though I'm not sure how the process goes. I'd imagine it's the same as standard abuse now with a few twists since turning the C-Gear on advances the IVRNG by 2.

This got found out not too long ago, putting it here: Timer0 (unsurprisingly) is back with a vengeance this time around. Timer0 in retail carts for BW2 is more unstable (link to chiizu's post) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4287844&postcount=907). I thought BW's Timer0s could be aggrivating, 5 Timer0s on one cart, that's ridiculous.

Chiizu did note that there was one that he/she hit more frequently though. Still, five timer0's suck :/

Ryze
24th June 2012, 6:04 AM
Just did my first RNG ever on HGSS, and it was my ID :D
Stoked to try and get a shiny roamer or 3

Phoenix_85x
24th June 2012, 8:13 PM
Did you paste that seed into the main window for the PIDRNG to get the frame which yields a Jolly Fraxure? Your Fraxure's slot may be on a different PID frame than your starting frame.

I actually have no idea. Are you supposed to use PIDRNG for non-shiny wilds? I am using gen 5 standard seed. And are you supposed to paste the seed into the main window while RNGing for non-shiny wilds?

FairyWitch
24th June 2012, 8:51 PM
I really need to ask this so i can progress my rng expansion cuaz im still rngin this damn bellsprout and i double triple checked everything is correct and it was...my question is why am i hitting the time correct but i still keep getting really off pokes for to figure out how many chatot summarys i have to see? I rnged plenty enough egg pokes so it can't be the timer and this one being hard? is it me or am i just doing something wrong? or is the timer just really not liking me?...its just really strange...

The Eleventh
24th June 2012, 10:15 PM
Just did my first RNG ever on HGSS, and it was my ID :D
Stoked to try and get a shiny roamer or 3
Speaking of ID/SID abuse, I've just figured out that I incorrectly RNGed my HG ID/SID combo. >_> I accidentally typed in the seed, rather than the frame's PID. I'm not going to restart now, since I'm at Pryce. I had planned on playing through twice, anyway, since HGSS are so short.

I really need to ask this so i can progress my rng expansion cuaz im still rngin this damn bellsprout and i double triple checked everything is correct and it was...my question is why am i hitting the time correct but i still keep getting really off pokes for to figure out how many chatot summarys i have to see? I rnged plenty enough egg pokes so it can't be the timer and this one being hard? is it me or am i just doing something wrong? or is the timer just really not liking me?...its just really strange...
It's likely your timer0 and/or WNPCs. Do the results match up with any nearby PID frames?

Typhlosion X
24th June 2012, 11:02 PM
I actually have no idea. Are you supposed to use PIDRNG for non-shiny wilds? I am using gen 5 standard seed. And are you supposed to paste the seed into the main window while RNGing for non-shiny wilds?

Yeah, the PIDRNG determines Natures/Encounter Slot/Shininess. The main window will tell you what frame has what if you paste the seed into it, and don't forget to click "Calculate Starting PID frame" when you do. From there, use Chatots with a custom Chatter or walk around in the cave with a Repel (Chatot will advance 1 frame for each summary, walking or turning in the cave advances 2 frames each turn/step).

Too Funk to Druck
25th June 2012, 5:37 AM
Speaking of ID/SID abuse, I've just figured out that I incorrectly RNGed my HG ID/SID combo. >_> I accidentally typed in the seed, rather than the frame's PID. I'm not going to restart now, since I'm at Pryce. I had planned on playing through twice, anyway, since HGSS are so short.

I'm not the only one who did that! I felt so stupid. DX Of course, I lost my HG, so I may as well go get a SS when I go get games tomorrow.

Phoenix_85x
25th June 2012, 6:54 PM
Yeah, the PIDRNG determines Natures/Encounter Slot/Shininess. The main window will tell you what frame has what if you paste the seed into it, and don't forget to click "Calculate Starting PID frame" when you do. From there, use Chatots with a custom Chatter or walk around in the cave with a Repel (Chatot will advance 1 frame for each summary, walking or turning in the cave advances 2 frames each turn/step).

Thanks for the help! Also, i finally found my SID, which means i can RNG shinies now.

EDIT: So many problems with RNG, but i know that the outcome will be well worth it!
I tried to RNG a shiny terrakion (i didn't save after catching the non-shiny flawless terrakion before) and i did everything correctly, but it didn't work (and i used the calculate initial PIDRNG frame on the main window to find out my ISF).
I did a test to see if my theory was correct (that something is wrong with keypresses) and searched for a seed for a shiny jolly terrakion with completely random IVs, but with no keypresses.
I calculated my chatters, hit the seed, caught it and checked it's IVs.
The IVs where exactly like the ones i got from my seed, and it was shiny!
The terrakion i caught before (non-shiny flawless) also had a seed with no keypresses.

So now i am asking, does it matter if i press the keys too early?
for example: My keypresses are select + X + A.
When i start my game (after changing time/date), i hold the select and the X buttons.
When the time comes, i hold A and start the game (pressing A starts the game).
I keep holding them until pokemon company/nintendo comes.

Too Funk to Druck
26th June 2012, 1:59 AM
Thanks for the help! Also, i finally found my SID, which means i can RNG shinies now.

EDIT: So many problems with RNG, but i know that the outcome will be well worth it!
I tried to RNG a shiny terrakion (i didn't save after catching the non-shiny flawless terrakion before) and i did everything correctly, but it didn't work (and i used the calculate initial PIDRNG frame on the main window to find out my ISF).
I did a test to see if my theory was correct (that something is wrong with keypresses) and searched for a seed for a shiny jolly terrakion with completely random IVs, but with no keypresses.
I calculated my chatters, hit the seed, caught it and checked it's IVs.
The IVs where exactly like the ones i got from my seed, and it was shiny!
The terrakion i caught before (non-shiny flawless) also had a seed with no keypresses.

So now i am asking, does it matter if i press the keys too early?
for example: My keypresses are select + X + A.
When i start my game (after changing time/date), i hold the select and the X buttons.
When the time comes, i hold A and start the game (pressing A starts the game).
I keep holding them until pokemon company/nintendo comes.

I'm not really sure if the game registers the keypresses that early or not. I would recommend trying both ways (holding the keys before and pressing and holding after) to see if it's actually the problem.

SterlingEnigma
26th June 2012, 2:40 AM
I have a quick question about Emerald RNG. I know this is supposed to be a gen 5 discussion but I cant seem to find a thread for gen 3 RNG...

Is it possible to get shinies of different species in the same route from the same frame? My cousin wants a shiny Ralts but in route 102 I only seem to find shiny Poochyena when I hit the first shiny frame RNG reporter gives me. I'd rather not have to use one of my later frames and have to wait 5+ minutes each reset.

Phoenix_85x
26th June 2012, 8:02 PM
I found out the problem!! I feel so proud of my shiny terrakion!
Anyway, i found out that if you press A button to start the game, then it won't count as a held button, even if you hold it afterwards.
But if you hold all the buttons and start the game by touching the screen, then it will be okay.

Also, how is it possible to RNG cave spot (drillbur/excadrill) pokemon? As well as surf spot and shaking grass pokemon?
My only guess is that their starting frame isn't 1 and the cave spot will appear only after i advance the frame to that number.
I also think that the pokemon is generated when the spot appears, and not when you battle the pokemon.
Am i wrong or am i wrong with that theory/hypothesis?

Too Funk to Druck
26th June 2012, 9:03 PM
I found out the problem!! I feel so proud of my shiny terrakion!
Anyway, i found out that if you press A button to start the game, then it won't count as a held button, even if you hold it afterwards.
But if you hold all the buttons and start the game by touching the screen, then it will be okay.

Huh. That's odd. That's how I do it, and it works all the time, unless you mean pressing A and not releasing it. Glad you figured out your problem though.

Also, how is it possible to RNG cave spot (drillbur/excadrill) pokemon? As well as surf spot and shaking grass pokemon?
My only guess is that their starting frame isn't 1 and the cave spot will appear only after i advance the frame to that number.
I also think that the pokemon is generated when the spot appears, and not when you battle the pokemon.
Am i wrong or am i wrong with that theory/hypothesis?

Yeah, the PID frame can be higher than normal, so you'd need to look for higher frames. The IV frame could possibly be more than 1 depending on whether or not you trip the step counter, so that's something to look out for. I haven't done it, so I don't know the specifics.

Phoenix_85x
27th June 2012, 12:13 AM
Huh. That's odd. That's how I do it, and it works all the time, unless you mean pressing A and not releasing it. Glad you figured out your problem though.

Yeah, the PID frame can be higher than normal, so you'd need to look for higher frames. The IV frame could possibly be more than 1 depending on whether or not you trip the step counter, so that's something to look out for. I haven't done it, so I don't know the specifics.

Yeah, that's what i meant (or at least tried to mean). To press A and not release it afterwards.

PID frame is the same as shiny frame, right? And i forgot that the regular frame (IV frame) only controls IVs while the PID/SF controls almost everything else.
But it somehow doesn't seem correct. To advance the PID, you need to walk or chatter (the two most common ways to advance the frame), but if you chatter up to your target frame, then how will the dust cloud appear? I thought it only appeared while moving, since it would seem odd if it appeared while your character stands still.
Anyway, i RNGed a shiny ferrothorn (near-flawless), and RNGing is a lot easier than what i thought!

Too Funk to Druck
27th June 2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah, that's what i meant (or at least tried to mean). To press A and not release it afterwards.

Ah. That would be a problem.

PID frame is the same as shiny frame, right? And i forgot that the regular frame (IV frame) only controls IVs while the PID/SF controls almost everything else.
But it somehow doesn't seem correct. To advance the PID, you need to walk or chatter (the two most common ways to advance the frame), but if you chatter up to your target frame, then how will the dust cloud appear? I thought it only appeared while moving, since it would seem odd if it appeared while your character stands still.
Anyway, i RNGed a shiny ferrothorn (near-flawless), and RNGing is a lot easier than what i thought!

You need to move to get the dust cloud/shaking grass/ripple to appear, which should advance the PID frame. Then you advance to the PID frame you need to get. That's why you need to search for higher PID frames than normal, because you can't hit lower ones.

Phoenix_85x
27th June 2012, 1:29 AM
Ah. That would be a problem.

You need to move to get the dust cloud/shaking grass/ripple to appear, which should advance the PID frame. Then you advance to the PID frame you need to get. That's why you need to search for higher PID frames than normal, because you can't hit lower ones.

Oh, that explains it, thanks!

FairyWitch
27th June 2012, 11:09 PM
thanks i figured out what it was i had the wrong pid frame i was going off the chatot frame with not hitting the precise time to hit the shiny seed the same time :/...thanks for the help guys...due to black and white two coming out soon ill be waiting since move tutors are back not to learn the egg portion of hg and ss...ill just learn the wild and stationary pokes...so i can get some shiny legendaries...so once ill be starting...ill be asking help from here...

likethesky
28th June 2012, 1:23 AM
Decided I should try RNGing. Should I use my sister's DSi or my 3DS? And obviously, I'm going to fail this.

Phoenix_85x
28th June 2012, 2:46 AM
I just heard that RNGing eggs in BW2 will be different since there will be wandering NPCs at the day care.
Anyway, i decided to try out Smogon's (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part3) guide for RNGing, but it didn't go as well as i thought.
First of all, i don't know where my target frame is nor what it is. I don't know the IVs of the pokemon and the guide didn't explain quite well.

http://i49.*******.com/qpsarn.png

This is the screen after i followed the steps on the guide. But it doesn't look close to the one sin the guide at all.
The guide told me to use gen 5 PIDRNG in time finder (they said method 5 PIDRNG but i think they meant gen 5 PIDRNG) but the picture in the guide is from a standard seed search.
Also, does anyone have a good guide for RNGing non-shiny wild pokemons?

Too Funk to Druck
28th June 2012, 3:00 AM
I just heard that RNGing eggs in BW2 will be different since there will be wandering NPCs at the day care.
Anyway, i decided to try out Smogon's (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part3) guide for RNGing, but it didn't go as well as i thought.
First of all, i don't know where my target frame is nor what it is. I don't know the IVs of the pokemon and the guide didn't explain quite well.

Nah, there are wandering NPCs in BW too, so that's the same. You'll definitely need to know your Pokemon's IVs before searching for eggs, since three of the egg's IVs will come from the parents.

This is the screen after i followed the steps on the guide. But it doesn't look close to the one sin the guide at all.
The guide told me to use gen 5 PIDRNG in time finder (they said method 5 PIDRNG but i think they meant gen 5 PIDRNG) but the picture in the guide is from a standard seed search.

What version of RNG Reporter are you using? There should be a tab specifically for eggs on 9.95(I think. I'm using the alpha version of the new one so I don't know for sure), so that's what you should be using. Method 5 PIDRNG should only be used on the main menu for finding shifting starting frames.

It's essentially the same as finding shiny wild/stationary Pokemon. Just don't click the shiny box, and you'll only get non-shiny results.

dewey911p
28th June 2012, 3:03 AM

There is an NPC already on the daycare route so thats not really a big deal.

Anyway, are you breeding or capturing, i assume capturing, otherwise your using the wrong RNG tab. Your Target frame will be what ever RNG reporter tells you (yes, use Gen 5 PIDRNG). If you just want IVs then search for the IVs and find the first corresponding nature you want under PIDRNG. That will be your target frame. Next take your target frame and subtract your starting frame and do that many Chatot flips. If you miss then check the IVs, nature, gender, and ability. If the IVs match then match the other info to a frame in the main window and adjust your number of flips. Thats probably confusing so if you have more questions just come back :p

EDIT: Ninja'd Anyway, like Too Funk To Druck sais, the 5th Gen PIDRNG tab should only be used in the main window of RNG reporter, Im not even sure why it is under time finder to begin with...

Phoenix_85x
28th June 2012, 3:45 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that i was trying to RNG a wild pokemon and not an egg.
Also, if i understood correctly, i am supposed to use the gen 5 PIDRNG on the main window etc.
But this doesn't look right:

http://i50.*******.com/2hgqmc3.png

It doesn't mention time/date, held buttons and other important things, so how am i supposed to hit the seed and find my ISF? (it doesn't have a hex seed either so i can't use 'calculate intial shiny frame')
And is the number under 'frame' my target frame?
And how do i search for IVs in the PIDRNG?

Too Funk to Druck
28th June 2012, 4:05 AM
You need to go into time finder first and search for IVs in the same way you would for a shiny Pokemon. Just don't check the shiny Pokemon tab. Then, you get the seed, copy it, paste it in the main window, and set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG and Wild Pokemon. Click Calculate Initial PID frame, and you'll find out where you'll start and how much you'll need to advance.

Typhlosion X
28th June 2012, 4:12 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that i was trying to RNG a wild pokemon and not an egg.
Also, if i understood correctly, i am supposed to use the gen 5 PIDRNG on the main window etc.
But this doesn't look right:

http://i50.*******.com/2hgqmc3.png

It doesn't mention time/date, held buttons and other important things, so how am i supposed to hit the seed and find my ISF? (it doesn't have a hex seed either so i can't use 'calculate intial shiny frame')
And is the number under 'frame' my target frame?
And how do i search for IVs in the PIDRNG?

TFTD ninja'd while I was typing but I'll just leave the bottom bit of my post since it's relevant.

Here's some advice that makes life easier, since what you've got filtered says you want a Bold poke on Encounter Slot 6, if you want faster results from the Time Finder search I would skip the flawless attack IV and see if what you want is on multiple slots on across other routes, especially if you want a shiny.

Beck
28th June 2012, 5:53 AM
It's weird looking back at all of this, it's been a while.

Well, with it being Summer I might find some time to get back into the swing of things.

The Eleventh
28th June 2012, 2:41 PM
It's weird looking back at all of this, it's been a while.

Well, with it being Summer I might find some time to get back into the swing of things.
Come back, Beck. Come baaaaaaaaaack.

Decided I should try RNGing. Should I use my sister's DSi or my 3DS? And obviously, I'm going to fail this.
It doesn't matter, really. If you use a DSi, you need to start one second before the time given in RNG Reporter; for a 3DS, it's eight seconds.

Phoenix_85x
28th June 2012, 10:08 PM
You need to go into time finder first and search for IVs in the same way you would for a shiny Pokemon. Just don't check the shiny Pokemon tab. Then, you get the seed, copy it, paste it in the main window, and set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG and Wild Pokemon. Click Calculate Initial PID frame, and you'll find out where you'll start and how much you'll need to advance.

That is what i tried to do, but in the time finder (it is gen 5 standard seed, right?) it won't list encounter slot, target SF nor ability.
And if i select gen 5 PIDRNG (which is the wrong method), it won't list IVs, target frame nor ability.
Ecnounter slot, ability and target SF only appears when i check 'search for nearby shiny frames'
Also, shiny frames decides what ability, nature and encounter slot will appear, right?

TFTD ninja'd while I was typing but I'll just leave the bottom bit of my post since it's relevant.

Here's some advice that makes life easier, since what you've got filtered says you want a Bold poke on Encounter Slot 6, if you want faster results from the Time Finder search I would skip the flawless attack IV and see if what you want is on multiple slots on across other routes, especially if you want a shiny.

I didn't do a time finder search in the picture, and will try the other advices soon.

TurboCharge
29th June 2012, 3:50 AM
I've decided to get back into the swing of things and RNG the stationary Volcarona. I've RNG'ed a while ago, but only ever succeeded in getting flawless Stationary's. I hope this goes well.

Does anyone know if, in BW2, if where you can catch a DW Ability Gligar, there are moving NPC's?

Too Funk to Druck
29th June 2012, 3:56 AM
I've decided to get back into the swing of things and RNG the stationary Volcarona. I've RNG'ed a while ago, but only ever succeeded in getting flawless Stationary's. I hope this goes well.

Does anyone know if, in BW2, if where you can catch a DW Ability Gligar, there are moving NPC's?

I don't think any of the Hidden Hollows have NPCs inside of them, but I also don't know if the NPCs outside count.

TurboCharge
29th June 2012, 5:43 AM
Ah ok, thanks!

So I went searching for a seed, and I think I've done it correctly.

http://i50.*******.com/o50zdj.jpg

I've saved in front of Volcarona, with a Timid Synchroniser in my party. Do I just start the game up at the aforementioned time, then press A+B, then battle Volcarona straight away?

Also, what way is the date set? Month/Day, or Day/Month?

Too Funk to Druck
29th June 2012, 5:53 AM
Ah ok, thanks!

So I went searching for a seed, and I think I've done it correctly. 5004

I've saved in front of Volcarona, with a Timid Synchroniser in my party. Do I just start the game up at the aforementioned time, then press A+B, then battle Volcarona straight away?

Also, what way is the date set? Month/Day, or Day/Month?

You load the game up one second before the time, then hold down A+B until the Nintendo screen comes up. Then copy paste the seed into the main window and find the initial PIDRNG frame, and then advance to whatever frame you need.

And if you mean in RNG reporter, it's Month/Day.

TurboCharge
29th June 2012, 6:09 AM
You load the game up one second before the time, then hold down A+B until the Nintendo screen comes up. Then copy paste the seed into the main window and find the initial PIDRNG frame, and then advance to whatever frame you need.

And if you mean in RNG reporter, it's Month/Day.

Ok, I got the seed, but I had been hoping the Volcarona to be Male. Will I need to search for a new seed with the a male requirement? If so, how exactly? Looking at the Time Finder, I cannot get the drop down to appear.

Too Funk to Druck
29th June 2012, 6:15 AM
Ok, I got the seed, but I had been hoping the Volcarona to be Male. Will I need to search for a new seed with the a male requirement? If so, how exactly? Looking at the Time Finder, I cannot get the drop down to appear.

I don't think you're able to search for seeds for a specific gender, so you'll have to search for a new seed and get lucky.

TopDecking Shinobi
29th June 2012, 5:58 PM
Does anyone have a good explanation on how to RNG shiny eggs? I'm a little stumped. I've generated seeds, attempted to hit them and when I check the hatched Pokemons IV's with the parents in the RNG Reporter none of them match. Does that mean I missed my seed?

Agonist
29th June 2012, 6:02 PM
I don't think any of the Hidden Hollows have NPCs inside of them, but I also don't know if the NPCs outside count.

Nah, they're irrelevant. It's basically the same as any stationary in a NPC free area.

Too Funk to Druck
29th June 2012, 6:33 PM
Does anyone have a good explanation on how to RNG shiny eggs? I'm a little stumped. I've generated seeds, attempted to hit them and when I check the hatched Pokemons IV's with the parents in the RNG Reporter none of them match. Does that mean I missed my seed?

I'm assuming you put the parents' IVs in RNG reporter. In the main page, you can put in the IVs of the parents by right-clicking and choosing display parents in search, and then you can see what IVs your egg should have. If yours matches any of them, you probably hit your seed, but missed your frame. If it's completely different, then you missed your seed and should try again.

Nah, they're irrelevant. It's basically the same as any stationary in a NPC free area.

Ah, wasn't sure.

Zak Attack XIII
29th June 2012, 8:04 PM
Hey does anyone have a link or video, or could simple tell me, on how to RNG stationary pokes on the 4th gen HGSS using the latest RNGreport 9.95
I have the video for how to RNG 4th gen for the older RNGreport back when HGSS came out but I was hoping there's an easier way now...
EDIT Somthing that don't require finding/hitting Delay for stationary pokes.
EDIT The bearsfan video I have does not show what parts of the RNGreport he uses, just how to us them.. So I'm very unfamiliar with how to RNG on 4th gen, if that make any since..
I can RNG on the 5th gen just fine though..

The Eleventh
29th June 2012, 9:33 PM
EDIT Somthing that don't require finding/hitting Delay for stationary pokes.
You have to hit delays when RNGing on Gen IV. It's the crux of it.

TopDecking Shinobi
29th June 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm assuming you put the parents' IVs in RNG reporter. In the main page, you can put in the IVs of the parents by right-clicking and choosing display parents in search, and then you can see what IVs your egg should have. If yours matches any of them, you probably hit your seed, but missed your frame. If it's completely different, then you missed your seed and should try again.

http://i.imgur.com/e8CX2.png

That's whats in my RNG Reporter. Everytime I hit the 6:32:30 mark (I'm using a 3DS cause it's all I have) something seems to go wrong. It's beginning to irritate me, especially since I was successful in RNGing a shiny Terrakion earlier. |: My target frame is 58 in the main reporter screen, I'd like to know how to hit that. The 50 was one I hit earlier, tried using chatter 8 times to advance my frame but wasn't shiny.

The Eleventh
29th June 2012, 11:49 PM
-Snip-
Are any of the eggs you're hatching matching the frames in the main window of RNG Reporter? You may just be hitting your other Timer0, which can often happen.

TopDecking Shinobi
29th June 2012, 11:51 PM
My Timer0 for both is 12BB. And some of them do some of them dont.

Zorua?!
30th June 2012, 12:26 AM
Question: How does two perfect parents help the egg to have a better chance of being shiny?

Too Funk to Druck
30th June 2012, 12:45 AM
Question: How does two perfect parents help the egg to have a better chance of being shiny?

It doesn't. It just makes it easier to get perfect eggs.

TopDecking Shinobi
30th June 2012, 1:02 AM
Could I get someone here to explain how they go about getting shiny eggs in detail? Sorry to be a pain but if I knew how some of you did it exactly I may be able to figure this out. *sighs* Right now I think my main problem is hitting my seed and managing to get the chatters up to advance my frame to 58 so I can get a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Solosis.

Typhlosion X
30th June 2012, 1:25 AM
Could I get someone here to explain how they go about getting shiny eggs in detail? Sorry to be a pain but if I knew how some of you did it exactly I may be able to figure this out. *sighs* Right now I think my main problem is hitting my seed and managing to get the chatters up to advance my frame to 58 so I can get a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Solosis.

It's really easy after a few successful attempts. Just have an egg in the Day-Care man's hands, save in front of him, and hit your seed. There are wandering NPCs on the day-care route (don't worry about the Cottonee/Petilil and Mincinno, they don't advance), just adjust your chatters to compensate for what you hit. If the results don't match your RNG Reporter window then it's prolly Timer0 fluctuation. I usually undershoot the chatters by 2 or 3 on purpose to compensate for WNPCs and hit my shiny on the first try most of the time.

Also, set RNG Reporter set to display characteristics, it'll make life easier. Right click any frame in the main window and click "Display Parents in Search" and enter parent IVs and click "Get IVs from RNG". This will make RNG Reporter list the characteristic and the IV spread for the frame instead of just inherited IVs. The Judge in Gear Station is also a great help for seed checking when a lot of your frames have the same characteristic.

TopDecking Shinobi
30th June 2012, 1:43 AM
YES I finally got it to work!

http://i.imgur.com/ylRh3.png

and got this earlier

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_zsLqzDA89Q/T-27BHwsf7I/AAAAAAAAA6M/lb4MvSkPQ2Q/s1600/pokecheck.png

Been trying to learn all the RNG things. Eggs and Stationary were the most important to me though.

FairyWitch
30th June 2012, 6:53 AM
It's likely your timer0 and/or WNPCs. Do the results match up with any nearby PID frames?

I already got it? lol its alright though thanks for the help :) no it was just my timer trolling me since i was not hitting on the exact 1 min ahead...it fine now :) I posted it in Discuss thread...working on my shiny roselia now with spikes...then on to heartgold and soulsilver rngin to learn...

RNG_Reporter
30th June 2012, 7:34 AM
i have a few more Unova pokemon to go and I will be complete in doing the entire region.. it has been my goal since BW came out.. but i've just been soooooooooooooo busy.

Hopefully it won't be pointless and will be important even when BW2 comes out.. i'm sure people will want them..

FairyWitch
30th June 2012, 7:30 PM
btw guys does anyone know if the rng stuff is the same for B&W 2? I was wondering cuaz i would like to learn that when the game comes out in my area which will be in the fall sometime...

Too Funk to Druck
30th June 2012, 7:32 PM
btw guys does anyone know if the rng stuff is the same for B&W 2? I was wondering cuaz i would like to learn that when the game comes out in my area which will be in the fall sometime...

afaik, it's exactly the same as BW but with more Timer0s.

dewey911p
30th June 2012, 8:11 PM

people have already RNGed pokemon using B2/W2 and the current version of RNG reporter. the games are still unsupported i believe so it requires more user input (such as being able to find the right PID frame even though it might be 20 frames off) but aside from those little differences, which RNG reporter will most likely correct for the user when the next version is released, the RNG seems to be the same.

Too Funk to Druck
30th June 2012, 8:13 PM
people have already RNGed pokemon using B2/W2 and the current version of RNG reporter. the games are still unsupported i believe so it requires more user input (such as being able to find the right PID frame even though it might be 20 frames off) but aside from those little differences, which RNG reporter will most likely correct for the user when the next version is released, the RNG seems to be the same.

They're supported in the alpha version of 9.96 and PPRNG 1.12.0

Zorua?!
30th June 2012, 10:35 PM
If walking advances the PID Frame by 2 every step and by X (# of pkmn in party) for every 128 steps for the IV Frame, wouldn't the PID Frame advance while you are trying to hit a IV Frame? Can't you pass/skip your PID Frame while trying to hit your IV Frame?

Also, for eggs, What exactly does ''Show Inheritance'' mean?
And on the main RNG window, when do we check ''Roamer Released?''

Too Funk to Druck
30th June 2012, 10:39 PM
If walking advances the PID Frame by 2 every step and by X (# of pkmn in party) for every 128 steps for the IV Frame, wouldn't the PID Frame advance while you are trying to hit a IV Frame? Can't you pass/skip your PID Frame while trying to hit your IV Frame?

Also, for eggs, What exactly does ''Show Inheritance'' mean?
And on the main RNG window, when do we check ''Roamer Released?''

Yes, generally the PID advances when you go for an IV frame, so you could, but if you search for a high enough PID frame, it won't be a problem.

Show Inheritance shows what IVs the egg will get from the each parent. And you check Roamer Released if the roamer is roaming and hasn't been caught.

richi3f
1st July 2012, 7:11 AM
This is the first time I try to RNG and I can't get it to work, so I would appreciate if someone helped me. I'm trying to get a Kyurem with perfect IVs (nature does not matter as this is only for testing matters). I already calibrated my DS Lite and then used the Time Finder to get target time (06/19/12 04:32:54) and frame (1). I set my DS date and time to 06/19/12 04:32 and start a chronometer. When the chronometer reaches 00:53 I start the game and do not press any keys. Then I load my save without turning C-Gear on and catch the Kyurem in front of me. I've tried this several times and I get the same Pokémon: a bashful Kyurem with the following spread: 30 / 0-1 / 19 / 15 / 11 / 12. What I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions here (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part2).

Edit: I tried with a wild Pokémon. I wanted Sneasel so according to this sheet I had to select slot 2 as I'm Giant Chasm's Inner Cave. I followed the same steps from before, but this time I used Sweet Scent instead of interacting with Kyurem. I got a wild Golbat with the spread I wanted (31 / 30 / 30 / 4 / 30 / 30). It's kinda nice having it, but I have two questions: why isn't it Sneasel and why it didn't work with Kyurem?

TopDecking Shinobi
1st July 2012, 11:59 AM
I think you hit a frame on a different seed, but not sure. New to this myself. I recently RNG'd a shiny Terrakion, took me a while to get it too. If you keep getting that same Kyurem, right click the seed you're using and click Generate Adjacent Seeds. Check the IV's of the Kyurem to see if it matches any nearby seeds. I believe I had to do that with my Terrakion and I think I was off slightly for hitting my seed. Again though I'm still kinda new at this, but I've RNG'd a regular Volcarona with 31 in everything except ATK, and 31 in everything but Sp. ATK on Terrakion and the Terrakion was shiny.

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 5:59 PM

oh damn twenty frames off D: wow thats crazy but it sounds like a challenge to me ;) lol...glad to here its almost the same...once that game comes out im gunna upgrade my rng reporter for that :) unless i can use my old one? i got the 9.95 version right now...also im gunna break from this last shiny on my black and want to learn so bad on hg and ss...so someone help me i want to to know how to i get the reporter to give some results but it just doesn't give me any when i put it in the reporter for capture...i want to try to do stationary legendaries like moltres, zapdos, articuno and etc...some got some steps to do for me please? im so lost lol

Agonist
1st July 2012, 6:14 PM
afaik, it's exactly the same as BW but with more Timer0s.

Yeah, pretty much. And no more C-Gear seeds!

The Eleventh
1st July 2012, 6:22 PM
oh damn twenty frames off D: wow thats crazy but it sounds like a challenge to me ;) lol...glad to here its almost the same...once that game comes out im gunna upgrade my rng reporter for that :) unless i can use my old one? i got the 9.95 version right now...also im gunna break from this last shiny on my black and want to learn so bad on hg and ss...so someone help me i want to to know how to i get the reporter to give some results but it just doesn't give me any when i put it in the reporter for capture...i want to try to do stationary legendaries like moltres, zapdos, articuno and etc...some got some steps to do for me please? im so lost lol
Try reading through some guides first, like this one (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). If you have any specific questions, be sure to ask here. What do you need help with, exactly?

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 6:26 PM
Try reading through some guides first, like this one (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). If you have any specific questions, be sure to ask here. What do you need help with, exactly?

everything but first though is to get my reporter to give me a result first...i keep getting nothing...

Sewaddle'Stache
1st July 2012, 6:30 PM
Never mind. d:

Too Funk to Druck
1st July 2012, 6:32 PM
What is a good level to do the Elite Four with? I am planning this team-

Pokemon - Dusknoir (Use against Shauntal & Caitlin)
Nature - Jolly
Level - 37
Item - Spell Tag
Ability - Pressure

Moves-
Confuse Ray
Ice Punch
Shadow Punch
ThunderPunch

Pokemon - Sewaddle (Use Against Grimsley)
Nature - Bashful
Level - 50
Item - Everstone
Ability - Chlorophyll

Moves-
Endure
Bug Buzz
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Pokemon - Gothitelle (Use against Marshal)
Nature - Impish
Level - 42
Item - Expert Belt
Ability - Frisk

Moves-
Psychic
Flatter
Rest
Heal Block

You're looking for the rate my team section. Sorry, this has nothing to do with RNGing.

Sewaddle'Stache
1st July 2012, 6:35 PM
Sorry - wrong thread. d:

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 6:35 PM
it starting to make some sense what you gave me eleventh but i need to get a result on my reporter soon...thanks for that site...

Phoenix_85x
1st July 2012, 8:02 PM
A few days ago, I finally learned how to RNG non-shiny wilds! Can't believe it was so easy to learn and use it.
I have already RNGed several pokemons, both shiny and normal pokemons :D
Thanks for the help everyone!

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 8:09 PM
omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...

Typhlosion X
1st July 2012, 8:40 PM
omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...

4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 8:44 PM
4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.

ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?

The Eleventh
1st July 2012, 8:49 PM
ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?
You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.

FairyWitch
1st July 2012, 8:55 PM
You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.

ahhhhh got it thanks, thats why im not getting results for shinies...well hopefully my heartgold version is better lol...if not that will be my game will start over...im too attached to my soulsilver lol :p

if i got anymore questions ill post again...that helped me alot...

FusionKT
1st July 2012, 9:16 PM
does anyone know a good guide to RNG ing on a mac?

Pokemans man
2nd July 2012, 7:15 AM
i have been rnging for a few days now and i can successfully rng for wild shiny+ivs, however i have tried rnging bred pokemon and so far have had no luck. I am using a 3ds and PPRNG
i have followed what i believe are the correct steps (1 search for shiny egg 2 hit seed 3 get egg 4 hatch and detemine ivs 5 match it to the pidrng list 6 use SSF to get shiny egg) i believe my failure is due to me not being able to hit my seed correctly. is there anyway i can check my PIDRNG before hatching the egg. if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated as there is a limit to how much you can do with wild pokemon
thanks in advance

TurboCharge
2nd July 2012, 12:42 PM
When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?

The Eleventh
2nd July 2012, 3:35 PM
When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?
It's extremely similar to RNGing stationary Pokémon. Just advance your frame as usual, then instead of pressing A to interact with the stationary, use Sweet Scent.

drothagreat0ne
2nd July 2012, 6:04 PM
does anyone know a good guide to RNG ing on a mac?

Hey, I suggest you start with this video. It's what helped me with RNGing on a Mac. And you're always welcome to ask me if you have any problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvC9OK3FKE&feature=plcp

FairyWitch
2nd July 2012, 8:07 PM
hey guys got a question im at the part of trying to input the roamers for hg/ss games locations in the search roamers area but it keeps saying no match was found for roamers...something like that but defiantly no match...did do something wrong? i wish i had a picture for you guys to see but i can't :/

edit: im in the seed time finder doing this...

Phoenix_85x
2nd July 2012, 9:12 PM
What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?

FairyWitch
2nd July 2012, 9:16 PM
What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?

for shiny you have to have your secret id...im just going for a normal pokemon with hp ice...so yes only effects searches for shiny pokemon on 4th generation...still tryin to understand how delays go though...such a headache lol...

Too Funk to Druck
2nd July 2012, 9:27 PM

You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.

FairyWitch
2nd July 2012, 9:55 PM
You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.

ikr :/ when i found out yesterday i was like wtf :/ oh well i tried LOL

Pokemans man
3rd July 2012, 4:13 AM
hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?

Pokemans man
3rd July 2012, 4:52 AM
nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp :D

dewey911p
3rd July 2012, 4:57 AM
hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?

In answer to your question anyway, Timer0 is random and uncontrollable. Just keep trying and it will eventually stick, or switch seeds. Either way timer0 is the one factor of RNGing that is still based on luck (Although one Timer0 is typically more common than the other one is).

FairyWitch
3rd July 2012, 5:01 AM
nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp :D

congrats :D and wow guys im so stupid i keep missing alot of reading on the hg and ss and on top of it i was using the wrong method for the roamers :/ so i had to restart the whole search the seed again...i was trying to use method 1 which i should of been using method k :/ also i may go for a rash instead cuaz i can't search a timid hp ice flawless...got better results with the rash anyway...wish me luck on my first 4th gen rng...if i need some help ill post...

edit: second to what dewey said it took me forever to get my shiny flawless bellsprout cuaz of the timer0...

Pokemans man
3rd July 2012, 5:05 AM
thanks but its pretty easy to breed magikarps because they dont take long to hatch :D still happy though now comes the challenge, breeding shiny phiones :D

FairyWitch
3rd July 2012, 5:15 AM
oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?

dewey911p
3rd July 2012, 5:25 AM
oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?

search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed

Pokemans man
3rd July 2012, 5:26 AM
i think you have to ko it then do the elite 4 again because after you beat them the roamer is generated. then save away from lance and do the rng stuff.
i never got it to work though

FairyWitch
3rd July 2012, 5:41 AM
search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed

hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?

dewey911p
3rd July 2012, 2:25 PM
hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?

first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.

FairyWitch
3rd July 2012, 7:40 PM
first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.

oh okay thanks that makes sense im doing it right then ill try thanks again dewey your a life saver :) ill post in the my discuss thread when i get it :)

Zorua?!
3rd July 2012, 8:18 PM
Does the timer0 HAVE to fluctuate?

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant O.o

The Eleventh
3rd July 2012, 8:22 PM

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant O.o
It may not be fluctuating right now (mine didn't noticeably until after a few months), but it likely will eventually. It doesn't matter, though, since you'll want to use your most common timer0, which you obviously know.

FairyWitch
3rd July 2012, 8:29 PM

after awhile it will fluctuate...don't worry some seeds fluctuate harder then others so not to worry it took me some time to rng a flawless shiny bellsprout...its normal...

Phoenix_85x
4th July 2012, 1:46 AM
I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part5), but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

http://i45.*******.com/1ou6gw.png
And after copying the seed to clipboard:

http://i47.*******.com/t635fl.png

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.

Too Funk to Druck
4th July 2012, 3:54 AM
I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part5), but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

http://i45.*******.com/1ou6gw.png
And after copying the seed to clipboard:

http://i47.*******.com/t635fl.png

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.

Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.

MSK
4th July 2012, 6:49 PM
Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?

Too Funk to Druck
4th July 2012, 7:36 PM
Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?

I don't really know anything about the best place to get parameters, but the only real change is that there's more Timer0s you can hit than there were in BW. You can trade between them as soon as you get the c-gear.

Phoenix_85x
4th July 2012, 7:52 PM
Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.

Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
Anyway, i tried to RNG in HG to catch the flawless parents i need (since they aren't available in BW).
I used this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2751950&postcount=8), but it doesn't tell how to calibrate in HG.
Instead, it links to this guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#calibration), but it only shows how to calibrate in DPPT.

Does anyone have a good guide for HG RNG abuse? Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.

The Eleventh
4th July 2012, 8:24 PM
Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
No, you should press X from the summary screen, and rapidly press A while the screen returns to the overworld to receive the egg as quickly as possible. Taking this approach, the NPCs should only advance by 2-5.

Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
No. At the very least, you need three flawless IVs between the parents.

I used this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2751950&postcount=8), but it doesn't tell how to calibrate in HG.
Instead, it links to this guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#calibration), but it only shows how to calibrate in DPPT.
You don't need to calibrate anymore, thanks to EonTimer. Just enter 510 or thereabouts as your calibrated delay, then update EonTimer often with the delay you hit (only if you're considerably off the target delay).

Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.
Yes. Here's (http://bit.ly/EonTimer) a download link.

Try this revised guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). I haven't used it myself or read through it to a great degree, but it may be helpful.

kaiser soze
4th July 2012, 9:46 PM
So, has anyone tried RNGing the Hidden Hollows in BW2 yet?

FairyWitch
4th July 2012, 10:32 PM
Anyway, i tried to RNG in HG to catch the flawless parents i need (since they aren't available in BW).

Does anyone have a good guide for HG RNG abuse? Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.

for 5th gen breeding if you want a certain hp then yes you need to have at least one flawless and the other have at least two iv's 30 and the rest 31 otherwise no you don't have to have both flawless as long as one is flawless it should be fine...also what are you asking about the npc's? it depends on the frame of your target - the target you hit normally of the first 5 frames you should hit without chatot crys will determin how many chatots you need to hear...i just get so confused easily lol...

yes you need the timer and here the site for you :) its for both but once you read it its quite straight forward http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 im still learning too on 4th gen...eleventh and dewey are alot of help :)

The Eleventh
4th July 2012, 10:37 PM
I don't believe so, although people at Smogon have looked into the Hidden Hollow RNG. I'd assume it's extremely possible.

drothagreat0ne
4th July 2012, 10:46 PM
Hey guys. This is a question to my fellow PPRNG users:

I'm the process of rewriting my TID/SID abuse guide I submitted in this very thread, and I would like to know what this means:

http://i.imgur.com/BW3IM.jpg

dewey911p
4th July 2012, 11:36 PM

many users at pokecheck have Kaiser. You can ask them how its done, i dont have the games so i really havent paid much attention to it. Ask around though, some people have uploaded almost all of the HH pokemon RNGed. Between everyone that has the game, i think all new abilities have pretty much been uploaded, so someone should definitly be able to help you :p

Good luck though, i hear some people have around 8-12 Timer0 values on their games, so be prepared for a troll fest.

Zorua?!
4th July 2012, 11:41 PM
I got my shiny Deino, but it took me over 4400+ PID advances. Is it always a high number like this? Because the stress level was hella high and it takes a ****ing LONG time.

The Eleventh
4th July 2012, 11:52 PM
many users at pokecheck have Kaiser. You can ask them how its done, i dont have the games so i really havent paid much attention to it. Ask around though, some people have uploaded almost all of the HH pokemon RNGed. Between everyone that has the game, i think all new abilities have pretty much been uploaded, so someone should definitly be able to help you :p
I'm not sure if he was referring to the Pokémon in the Hollows or the Hollows themselves. I took it to be the latter. Yes, though, Hollow Pokémon have obviously been RNGed.

I got my shiny Deino, but it took me over 4400+ PID advances. Is it always a high number like this? Because the stress level was hella high and it takes a ****ing LONG time.
You should definitely search for seeds with lower shiny frames. Going into the thousands is crazy. xD

Zorua?!
5th July 2012, 1:54 AM
You should definitely search for seeds with lower shiny frames. Going into the thousands is crazy. xD

Lower Frames won't come up. The lowest that does is like 1600 or something.

Also, I always forget: you must stop advacing the PID Frame one frame BEFORE the target shown on RNG Reporter, correct?

Too Funk to Druck
5th July 2012, 1:57 AM
Lower Frames won't come up. The lowest that does is like 1600 or something.

Also, I always forget: you must stop advacing the PID Frame one frame BEFORE the target shown on RNG Reporter, correct?

Are you searching through multiple years? Also, are you searching for perfect stats across the board, because then you could take out a 31 in a stat you don't need(special attack for physical attackers/attack for special attackers for example), that should also bring it down. And a synchronizer should help as well. Because yeah, over 1000 advances is pretty ridiculous.

And yeah, one before.

Zorua?!
5th July 2012, 2:00 AM
Are you searching through multiple years? Also, are you searching for perfect stats across the board, because then you could take out a 31 in a stat you don't need(special attack for physical attackers/attack for special attackers for example), that should also bring it down. And a synchronizer should help as well. Because yeah, over 1000 advances is pretty ridiculous.

And yeah, one before.

I'm doing all these things except looking through multiple years. I'm doing all MONTHS, but for years... do we put in 2000-2099 or something?

Too Funk to Druck
5th July 2012, 2:05 AM
I'm doing all these things except looking through multiple years. I'm doing all MONTHS, but for years... do we put in 2000-2099 or something?

you can't search through multiple years at a time, but you can do one at a time(at least not on RNG Reporter). Just go through each year, and search through multiple months.

Zorua?!
5th July 2012, 2:14 AM
you can't search through multiple years at a time, but you can do one at a time(at least not on RNG Reporter). Just go through each year, and search through multiple months.

Alright, I'll be trying that next time. About how many results do you get when searching for all months for a pokemon? I get only about 3, and that too with the PID Frame needing to be at 1600+. Maybe my ID/SID is cracked out for shininess.

Anyways, I still got 2 shiny Deinos, with the PID Frame at 4468 and 1919 :O

chiizu
5th July 2012, 2:17 AM
Good luck though, i hear some people have around 8-12 Timer0 values on their games, so be prepared for a troll fest.

I have not heard of anyone seeing more than 6 Timer0 values on an actual cart.

Hey guys. This is a question to my fellow PPRNG users:

I'm the process of rewriting my TID/SID abuse guide I submitted in this very thread, and I would like to know what this means:

http://i.imgur.com/BW3IM.jpg

Yeah, this is not clear. It seems very few people use this feature because this is the first time I've seen a question about it.

S = Synchronize: A synchronizer's ability will activate on this frame for this encounter type, so any nature can be obtained.

O = "Other" (non-Cute Charm): This frame is can be hit, but Synchronize will not activate, so you can only get the nature shown for that row. Cute Charm may also be usuable but is not included because it modifies the PID, which affects shininess.

Blank = Can't hit this PID for the given encounter type.

fortify45
5th July 2012, 3:17 AM
hay guys i need a little help.
Im attempting standard seeds right now and running into a problem.
I seem to be hitting my time just fine to start game up. however when i get so far and need to start using chatot to change frames and such, its not giving me accurate pitches that are not matching up. i have attempted to rehit my seed several times but never succeeded. then i realized it may have to do with the timer0 values. im running a 3ds so if anyone can give any advice it would be appreciated.

dewey911p
5th July 2012, 4:50 AM

It may have been an emu. tbh, im not sure as I'm waiting for the English versions of the game myself, so i just pass along what i hear. Either way though, having 2 Timer0's was a real pain, even if its only 6 that still sucks... a lot

Oh, and what a beautiful Lugia you have :3 Since entralink abuse is now standard seed abuse too, was the process just: hit seed, advance PID frame via chatot, collect pokemon? or is there more to it still?

hay guys i need a little help.
Im attempting standard seeds right now and running into a problem.
I seem to be hitting my time just fine to start game up. however when i get so far and need to start using chatot to change frames and such, its not giving me accurate pitches that are not matching up. i have attempted to rehit my seed several times but never succeeded. then i realized it may have to do with the timer0 values. im running a 3ds so if anyone can give any advice it would be appreciated.

It could just be a Timer0 problem, you might have missed your seed, or it might be a bad Chatot recording and it is hard to follow :p Since you are using a 3DS are you loading your game 8 seconds before your target time?

kaiser soze
5th July 2012, 4:53 AM

I'm waiting until Black2 reaches the US, so I'll have time to learn how it's done. Just curious to see if anyone has figured it out yet. Although if the Timer0 gets realy trolly I might just switch to my old Black/White games and RNG from there.

EDIT: Also any word on RNGing the Dream Radar?

chiizu
5th July 2012, 6:41 AM
Oh, and what a beautiful Lugia you have :3 Since entralink abuse is now standard seed abuse too, was the process just: hit seed, advance PID frame via chatot, collect pokemon? or is there more to it still?

It was Dream Radar, but the process is similar. Very easy to know if you've hit your seed or not. Finding a good seed takes a lot longer, though.

Also any word on RNGing the Dream Radar?

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1561272

drothagreat0ne
5th July 2012, 8:11 AM

Yeah, this is not clear. It seems very few people use this feature because this is the first time I've seen a question about it.

S = Synchronize: A synchronizer's ability will activate on this frame for this encounter type, so any nature can be obtained.

O = "Other" (non-Cute Charm): This frame is can be hit, but Synchronize will not activate, so you can only get the nature shown for that row. Cute Charm may also be usuable but is not included because it modifies the PID, which affects shininess.

Blank = Can't hit this PID for the given encounter type.

Thanks for the clarification. It all makes sense now. :)

*Edit

Too sick!

TurboCharge
5th July 2012, 12:06 PM
Few days ago, I caught a Volcarona.

Female
Timid
HP Rock
31/31/30/31/30/30

Pretty happy with it. Tried to RNG using the same method in the wild (though sweet scenting) and it didn't work. Poo poo.

The Eleventh
5th July 2012, 2:21 PM
Do want.

Why can't English BW2 and Dream Radar be out already? D:

Phoenix_85x
5th July 2012, 10:50 PM
No, you should press X from the summary screen, and rapidly press A while the screen returns to the overworld to receive the egg as quickly as possible. Taking this approach, the NPCs should only advance by 2-5.

No. At the very least, you need three flawless IVs between the parents.

You don't need to calibrate anymore, thanks to EonTimer. Just enter 510 or thereabouts as your calibrated delay, then update EonTimer often with the delay you hit (only if you're considerably off the target delay).

Yes. Here's (http://bit.ly/EonTimer) a download link.

Try this revised guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). I haven't used it myself or read through it to a great degree, but it may be helpful.

Wait, what will the NPCs advance? the SF? If so, then how does it affect it?
Could you give an example please? I have a hard time understand how to RNG eggs (and i thought this would be as easy as RNGing stationaries).
And thanks for the link.

for 5th gen breeding if you want a certain hp then yes you need to have at least one flawless and the other have at least two iv's 30 and the rest 31 otherwise no you don't have to have both flawless as long as one is flawless it should be fine...also what are you asking about the npc's? it depends on the frame of your target - the target you hit normally of the first 5 frames you should hit without chatot crys will determin how many chatots you need to hear...i just get so confused easily lol...

yes you need the timer and here the site for you :) its for both but once you read it its quite straight forward http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 im still learning too on 4th gen...eleventh and dewey are alot of help :)

But if i want an egg with 30/31/30/31/31/30 IVs (just an example), then isn't it enough if i already have one pokemon with those IVs? Why do i need two?
Sorry but i didn't understand the rest about the NPCs. What first 5 frames i should hit?

Also, i use two guides (guide 1 (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524), guide 2 (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part5)), but both of these show 2 completely different ways to RNG eggs (one with the capture tab in time finder, the other one with the egg tab).
Most other guides i have read mentions the egg tab, which seems to be the correct one, so i tried to use this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4201752&postcount=21) instead, but it seemed even more confusing than the last two (ex. why are you supposed to put min frame to 5 and max frame to as much as i want? and what is chatter pitch?)

EDIT: Decided to add some images from my last try:

http://i50.*******.com/2a7cvhe.png

http://i47.*******.com/15drp3.png
Also, is it normal for this pattern to appear in the main screen:

http://i49.*******.com/2v9ud1k.png
In these tries i used this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4201752&postcount=21).

And one last question (for now): I got more than 4000 results in the time finder (egg tab) in less than 5 seconds, is that normal or did i do something wrong?

Too Funk to Druck
5th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Wait, what will the NPCs advance? the SF? If so, then how does it affect it?
Could you give an example please? I have a hard time understand how to RNG eggs (and i thought this would be as easy as RNGing stationaries).
And thanks for the link.

Yeah, the NPCs advance the starting frame by like 2-7, which means you'll have to do less advances than you would if they didn't advance. O

But if i want an egg with 30/31/30/31/31/30 IVs (just an example), then isn't it enough if i already have one pokemon with those IVs? Why do i need two?
Sorry but i didn't understand the rest about the NPCs. What first 5 frames i should hit?
You don't need two. Hell, you don't even need one to be flawless. Having two makes it easier of course, but all you actually need is to have the parents have three IVs you want between them. So, you're fine with just one good parent.

Also, i use two guides (guide 1 (http://excoboard.com/Team_Hax/116334/1793524), guide 2 (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part5)), but both of these show 2 completely different ways to RNG eggs (one with the capture tab in time finder, the other one with the egg tab).
Most other guides i have read mentions the egg tab, which seems to be the correct one, so i tried to use this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4201752&postcount=21) instead, but it seemed even more confusing than the last two (ex. why are you supposed to put min frame to 5 and max frame to as much as i want? and what is chatter pitch?)

In these tries i used this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4201752&postcount=21).

And one last question (for now): I got more than 4000 results in the time finder (egg tab) in less than 5 seconds, is that normal or did i do something wrong?

I think the problem is that the last guide you're using is based off of newer versions of RNG Reporter, which searches by number of advancements you want to do instead of what frame you need to hit. Most of the results you're finding are impossible for you to hit. On the main screen, you should be searching for things under Gen 5 Breeding(or something like that, I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while), and then choose calculate PIDRNG.

Zorua?!
6th July 2012, 12:15 AM
Continuing on from yesterday's problem: I'm not getting any results with a low Shiny Frame. I get plenty of results without the Shiny option checked.
I'm going for a shiny flawless Ditto btw.

http://i.imgur.com/1pIHW.png

The Eleventh
6th July 2012, 12:23 AM
Continuing on from yesterday's problem: I'm not getting any results with a low Shiny Frame. I get plenty of results without the Shiny option checked.
You'll just have to keep searching. Add keypresses to your search (parameters tab). Remember, there is still a 1/8192 chance, and you're going for flawless Pokémon.

dewey911p
6th July 2012, 1:30 AM

try increasing your IV frames. 128 steps isnt bad and it doesnt even take long so increase your max from 1 to 7. This will also help with PID advancements if you have a shiny PID frame at 500 or so. Each step advances the PID frame by one (if walking in the grass or a cave, or anywhere else where wild pokemon appear) so if your shiny PID frame is at 400 and your starting PID frame is 50, after advancing your IV frame you would only need to do 322 chatot flips instead of 450. Just keep searching though and you will get one soon, i didnt find a seed for a hex-flawless ditto until 2013 (PID frame of 99 too which was nice XD)

Phoenix_85x
6th July 2012, 2:16 AM
Yeah, the NPCs advance the starting frame by like 2-7, which means you'll have to do less advances than you would if they didn't advance. O

You don't need two. Hell, you don't even need one to be flawless. Having two makes it easier of course, but all you actually need is to have the parents have three IVs you want between them. So, you're fine with just one good parent.

I think the problem is that the last guide you're using is based off of newer versions of RNG Reporter, which searches by number of advancements you want to do instead of what frame you need to hit. Most of the results you're finding are impossible for you to hit. On the main screen, you should be searching for things under Gen 5 Breeding(or something like that, I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while), and then choose calculate PIDRNG.

I am using RNG reporter 9.93. Is there any good guide for that version? Or are most guides based of that version? And thanks for the help.

I usually search for above 27/xx/27/30/27/30 IVs and i often only get 4-5 results for those IVs (with 3 keypresses and 1 encounter slot).
The only times i get a flawless shiny pokemon are when i have lots and lots of time as well as lots of encounter slots that the same pokemon appear in.
I would recommend to lower the IVs unless you are extremely patient.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to use repels if you follow Dewey's advice (which is a good advice).
And i was wondering, will turning advance the IV frame or will only walking advance the frame?
Since PID frames get advance by 2 every time you turn and/or move.

Too Funk to Druck
6th July 2012, 3:18 AM
I am using RNG reporter 9.93. Is there any good guide for that version? Or are most guides based of that version? And thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if there is, but the only real difference is the advances vs frames thing. Just search for frames between like 60-100 or whatever you're willing to advance to, and you should be fine.

Edit: Terrible news for RNG breeding in BW2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306703&postcount=1390

from what I can gather, you only get one seed for it.

Typhlosion X
6th July 2012, 5:23 AM
Ninja'd as I was typing. Terrible news indeed, but it's not all doom and gloom seeing as how Ditto and other such things make slight changes (unless you want to breed Nidoran/Fireflies). Hozu understands it better than most other people so I'll quote him on this.
However. This CAN be salvaged IF an Everstone nature is passed on.
Something like that. You'll get different things sort of if you use Ditto vs not, Everstone vs not, and I think DW vs not. Shiny charm/MM work properly.

The only upsides to this I can see is that BW2 didn't push away BW1 with new egg moves, and that you can't breed until post E4 in BW2 anyway. This could be fixed in the international release but I seriously doubt it based on things like the Roamer IV glitch in 3rd gen not being fixed across several releases.

dewey911p
6th July 2012, 5:26 AM
Great news guys!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306581&postcount=929

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306691&postcount=930

now if your not a coding kind of person (and i most certainly am not) what that means is, in its simplest form, the B2/W2 breeding RNG is effectively broken and virtually useless.

Here is what happens. When the game is started and the character is generated the RNG produces a seed and stores that seed to the save file. When the game is then reloaded and the RNG is called upon again a new seed is generated and replaces the initial seed. This is how the RNG works for the games. However, when breeding at least, the B2/W2 RNG calls the new seed up first and then rewrites the new seed with the old seed. So, when ever you hatch an egg, you will pretty much get the same egg each and every time. Few variances occur, for example, the inherited IVs are locked into place, so if your initial seed is M/F/F/x/x/x, then every single egg you hatch will have the same inheritance with slightly different IVs for the last 3 (from what i under stand those last 3 IVs would come from a different seed that still seems to function fine.) Also, if you are lucky enough to hit an everstone with your seed, then you seem to have a 100% chance of getting the everstone nature, and if its not an everstone nature, your stuck with what ever nature you did get.

Pretty much random Breeding or "spur of the moment" RNGing wont work anymore. However, you can still RNG you initial seed to produce a shiny PID Frame with an ever ston nature for your eggs and pretty much be guaranteed a shiny flawless pokemon with a set IV inheritance. It is now much a kin to RNGing your ID/SID for a wild legend back in D/P/PT HG/SS, except now its for eggs. This will make specific HP spreads a lot harder now and breeding in general for non-RNGers, but that is what Game Frak has given us.

Of course there is always another option, if you restart your game you get a new seed ... so you still have a choice ... ...

EDIT: doubled Ninja'd due to thoroughness gah ~.~

Hozu
6th July 2012, 5:28 AM
Relevant posts: 1 (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306581&postcount=929) 2 (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306691&postcount=930)

Now I know some of people on this site (well anywhere really) frown upon RNG abuse, however this issue affects all players. Inherited IVs from parents always the same? Everstone always or never working? This is problematic to say the least.

In theory it is possible for every single egg to hatch shiny in B/W2 due to the egg PIDs being static.

Edit: PID, thus Ability is static unless one has a Shiny charm or uses MM. Well unless that static PID yields shinyness...

Edit 2: Please remember this research is still a work-in-progress. I would really hope that I'm wrong with this post but... we'll see.

Edit 3: PID is not static, however nature, ability, and inheritance seem to be. Worst possible outcome IMO. :/

Too Funk to Druck
6th July 2012, 5:44 AM
So basically, with this, you might as well RNG/breed on BW instead of BW2. Well, better get back to stocking up on female HH Pokemon.

Hozu
6th July 2012, 7:59 AM
Ok this is a fairly big update so I believe it warrants another post. Only the first egg created after loading the game save has locking issues (www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4306894&postcount=934). All other eggs are generated... properly I guess. Meaning that the current system isn't totally busted. It just means too bad for RNGers and SRers (gotta go for multiple eggs).

kaiser soze
6th July 2012, 8:42 AM
Welp, here I was getting excited for BW2. I was kinda hoping breeding with the Shiny Charm would make egg seed finding easier. Really hope the international versions fix this, especially since if I'm understanding this properly apparently it's impossible to hatch a shiny pokemon.

Hozu
6th July 2012, 4:22 PM
No shiny Pokémon are entirely possible, even on the first glitched egg. It's just that certain things are locked for the first egg upon loading a save (inheritance, ability, nature, Nidoran gender and Volbeat/Illumise) but you can toy around with them using a different combinations of Everstone, Power items (this will allow for the most different combinations of inheritance I think), and female DW parent. All eggs after the first are unaffected.

FairyWitch
6th July 2012, 7:49 PM

its fine for alot of results and oh no if you want a certian flawless hp is when you need two 30 iv's sorry...otherwise you don't need two...i just never get results when the iv's are crap with the other one but one is fine thats flawless lol...anyway when you imput in the rng reporter the seed then hit calulate starting frame or something like that...you then hit generate....you will have the starting frame at the top skip those two and the next 5 frames from that when you put in your time once sec ahead and hit the time it asked you take the egg and hatch it to find your frame you hit in that 5...after that DON'T SAVE! see what you hit take that minus the frame your trying to hit that is how many chatot cry's you hear...then turn off the game do the seed all over again with the time one sec ahead then use the chatot stuff of how many times you need too and you should take the egg and hatch it and it should be what you desired if not just redue the process and shut the game over and try again with the chatot again until you hit it...some seeds like to flucuate with the timer and thats normal....

edit: also for stationaies still trying to figure this out do you need to use a eon timer? im so confused and are the frames normally so high for 5th generation for shinies? which frame am i suppose to hit the shiny or normal frame, and do i use pidrng or standard iv seed?...never tried stationaries yet and im slightly confused how they did this...can someone give me a step by step how to search and rng it please...more like rng for dummies LOL...

Zorua?!
6th July 2012, 11:19 PM
edit: also for stationaies still trying to figure this out do you need to use a eon timer? im so confused and are the frames normally so high for 5th generation for shinies? which frame am i suppose to hit the shiny or normal frame, and do i use pidrng or standard iv seed?...never tried stationaries yet and im slightly confused how they did this...can someone give me a step by step how to search and rng it please...more like rng for dummies LOL...

I use EonTimer, but I'm pretty sure you can do without. The frames ARE very high, at least for me. (I've needed from 400-4400 PID advances) Shininess is determined by PID Frames, and you use Standard in Time Finder and PID in the main RNG window. Its the same as wild pokemon, except easier as there's no Encounter Slots.

Theres a bunch of videos up for help, and just BE PATIENT. Shiny Frames take a WHILE to find, so you could go through a LOT of searches on your time finder.

Zenotwapal
6th July 2012, 11:24 PM
So basically, with this, you might as well RNG/breed on BW instead of BW2. Well, better get back to stocking up on female HH Pokemon.
Well, it IS possible. You just have to generate a second egg. And somehow keep track of the advancements given from the NPCs and your steps.
Yeah lets all just stick to BW Breeding.

Has anything else changed in the game? All I've heard is just some extra Timer0 trolling, and that's about it.

The Eleventh
6th July 2012, 11:30 PM
Has anything else changed in the game? All I've heard is just some extra Timer0 trolling, and that's about it.
Aside from more timer0s, effed up breeding, and much, much easier Entralink abuse (C-Gear seeds are gone, so no delays), the RNG is identical.

Zenotwapal
7th July 2012, 12:30 AM
Aside from more timer0s, effed up breeding, and much, much easier Entralink abuse (C-Gear seeds are gone, so no delays), the RNG is identical.
I forgot about that Entralink abuse now.

Hopefully the same egg moves carry over from B/W, and they don't add any good new ones to B2/W2.

I also read in the thread at smogon that it is possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokes.

Too Funk to Druck
7th July 2012, 12:32 AM
I forgot about that Entralink abuse now.

Hopefully the same egg moves carry over from B/W, and they don't add any good new ones to B2/W2.

I also read in the thread at smogon that it is possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokes.

Yeah, there are luckily no new egg moves in BW2 so that's one less thing to worry about. It's just getting all the good move tutor moves on that'll be annoying.