PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

FairyWitch
7th July 2012, 6:12 AM
I use EonTimer, but I'm pretty sure you can do without. The frames ARE very high, at least for me. (I've needed from 400-4400 PID advances) Shininess is determined by PID Frames, and you use Standard in Time Finder and PID in the main RNG window. Its the same as wild pokemon, except easier as there's no Encounter Slots.

Theres a bunch of videos up for help, and just BE PATIENT. Shiny Frames take a WHILE to find, so you could go through a LOT of searches on your time finder.

im fine now thanks for the help though i need to add key presses to my search to get a shiny i got a low frame :) thanks for the help though i just need to catch it now :) btw for key presses do i hit all at once or in sequence? i never did them before...i normally don't do key presses...

edit: im so excited about the new black and white 2 rng breeding...oh more move tutor glory :D...i wish it was out in the U.S. right now i would be rnging some really nice pokes by now :)

dewey911p
7th July 2012, 7:10 AM
im fine now thanks for the help though i need to add key presses to my search to get a shiny i got a low frame :) thanks for the help though i just need to catch it now :) btw for key presses do i hit all at once or in sequence? i never did them before...i normally don't do key presses...

edit: im so excited about the new black and white 2 rng breeding...oh more move tutor glory :D...i wish it was out in the U.S. right now i would be rnging some really nice pokes by now :)

Hit any and all keypresses at the same time.

as for the breeding in B2/W2 ... it might turn out to be better to RNG in B/W then just transfer (actually it might turn out that that is the only possible way)

FairyWitch
7th July 2012, 7:43 AM
Hit any and all keypresses at the same time.

as for the breeding in B2/W2 ... it might turn out to be better to RNG in B/W then just transfer (actually it might turn out that that is the only possible way)

okay thanks and really whats wrong with black and white 2 rnging?

dewey911p
7th July 2012, 7:50 AM
its ... complicated and still being looked into, but what we know so far was explained on the previous page. It might turn out that we are wrong, or that there is some way around this little glitch, but so far its not looking to good. Give it a few more weeks and we will have more definite answers as to what it up and what we can do to abuse the RNG, if anything

FairyWitch
7th July 2012, 7:54 PM
its ... complicated and still being looked into, but what we know so far was explained on the previous page. It might turn out that we are wrong, or that there is some way around this little glitch, but so far its not looking to good. Give it a few more weeks and we will have more definite answers as to what it up and what we can do to abuse the RNG, if anything

ah got it thanks dewey how your talking at the beginning seems like its gunna be complicated from the start but the game just came out so ill just wait and see...if it comes to worse i can just transfer my rng's like you said and just move tutor them :) also got a question using synchronize on my impish shiny but my seed keep flucuating again :/ is this normal for key presses just as well as no presses? they do the same...im pretty sure this is normal but its annoying since i want my shiny lol...

RegiGuy
7th July 2012, 8:49 PM
Are there any good videos/guides to RNG Tornadus in BW?

The Eleventh
7th July 2012, 9:29 PM
Are there any good videos/guides to RNG Tornadus in BW?
Try this video (http://youtu.be/lJi-T_dPxH8). Do note, though, that you no longer need to use the PID%6 method to find characteristics; just right-click any PID frame in RNG Reporter's main window and input IVs.

FairyWitch
7th July 2012, 10:21 PM
okay this is just weird i got a flawless 31/31/31/31/31/30 non shiny cobalion hp ice? but i checked the nearby shiny frame box for a shiny one and it should be shiny not non shiny?....wth did i do wrong lol....im a bit confused why its not shiny does key presses determine it shiny or am i just being strange? the seed should be a shiny but it came up as a non shiny? just wondering wth happened...

Calamity Lynn
7th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Oh my! I just read the news about the BW2 RNG. I thought my japanese copy of Black was a bad enough troll with just its THREE Timer0s! Now there's up to 12?! *faint*

Its looking like my plan to RNG the mons with DW Abilities just got a lot more complicated... (No wifi. Can no trade for already RNGed ones.)

Some individuals I'd rather not name accused me of using a pirated game when I explained that my JP Black had at least 3 Timer0s from what I could tell (though I still haven't been able to figure it out since it always goes back to the two I know when I attempt to calibrate for it.)

D0M0
7th July 2012, 10:37 PM
By any chance does anyone know a lot about/have links to information on mistrialton cave? I keep trying to get a decent axew but I'm always doing something wrong with the frame, I just don't what.

PokemonTrader
7th July 2012, 10:45 PM
There is a moving NPC on the first floor.

FairyWitch
7th July 2012, 11:45 PM
im having trouble hitting the shiny part of the seed but im hitting the iv's correctly? not sure what im doing wrong but i not hitting the shiny frame for my cobalion...i keep getting not shiny...also my chatot frame are being kinda shaky too like strangely messing with me....is this normal for rnging stationaries?

Too Funk to Druck
7th July 2012, 11:48 PM
im having trouble hitting the shiny part of the seed but im hitting the iv's correctly? not sure what im doing wrong but i not hitting the shiny frame for my cobalion...i keep getting not shiny...also my chatot frame are being kinda shaky too like strangely messing with me....is this normal for rnging stationaries?

If you're hitting the IVs oorrectly, you're hitting your seed, but if you're missing the shiny frame you're doing too many/too little advances which could be something as simple as a subtracting the initial frame wrong or counting your Chatot flips wrong. Your Chatot could also have had its Chatter reset(which is caused by being put in the box).

The Eleventh
7th July 2012, 11:48 PM
If you're obtaining the correct IVs, and not hitting the shiny frame, then you're miscounting your Chatot advances, since Cobalion's room lacks WNPCs.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 12:08 AM
hmmmm i see i might just be doing that i know i counted the flips correct but i think i may of not got the actual flips required right...thanks guys for helping i need to make sure i got the number of flips correct...thats probably it...

RegiGuy
8th July 2012, 4:20 AM
Try this video (http://youtu.be/lJi-T_dPxH8). Do note, though, that you no longer need to use the PID%6 method to find characteristics; just right-click any PID frame in RNG Reporter's main window and input IVs.

I do appreciate the video, however I have a MAC and I have the program PPRNG and I do not have access to RNG Reporter nor do I know how to use it. You wouldn't happen to know a video that explains how to RNG Tornadus in Black with PPRNG would you?

D0M0
8th July 2012, 7:47 AM
This thread helped me so far (ty pokemontrader) so I'm hoping it can help again; I restarted my black version and I'm tryint to rng a TID. So far I've done everything correct (to the best of my knowledge) and I load the game with correct keypresses. Of course, I don't the my desired TID right away, so I enter what I do get into Pandora's Box to find my starting frame, but no results come up. Help would be greatly appreciated, and I will try to do my part to the best of my ability.

dewey911p
8th July 2012, 9:29 AM
This thread helped me so far (ty pokemontrader) so I'm hoping it can help again; I restarted my black version and I'm tryint to rng a TID. So far I've done everything correct (to the best of my knowledge) and I load the game with correct keypresses. Of course, I don't the my desired TID right away, so I enter what I do get into Pandora's Box to find my starting frame, but no results come up. Help would be greatly appreciated, and I will try to do my part to the best of my ability.

Ypu might have just missed your Timer0, keep trying to see if you get any results

D0M0
8th July 2012, 9:32 AM
Ypu might have just missed your Timer0, keep trying to see if you get any results

Thanks, I found that out from watching a french video, but I got to my starting frame of 23 (the goal being 25) ann when I said "No" twice it still messed up >.< the price of novelty

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 7:04 PM
this may be a stupid question to ask but when using synchronize for a nature for example my impish cobalion do i have to have the synchronize box on the main reporter set to impish since im using synchronize or it doesn't matter?

edit: for finding the flips is im asking?

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 7:21 PM
this may be a stupid question to ask but when using synchronize for a nature for example my impish cobalion do i have to have the synchronize box on the main reporter set to impish since im using synchronize or it doesn't matter?

Yes, you should, if you're using a Synchronizer. However, it shouldn't matter, really, if you know the starting frame and the target frame.

Too Funk to Druck
8th July 2012, 7:51 PM

On the main screen? Doesn't really matter, but having it checked could be useful.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 7:53 PM
On the main screen? Doesn't really matter, but having it checked could be useful.

yes main screen i just though it may be easier not to at first with out synchronize to determine what frame to subtract and then use it when i do use it for the flips if that makes since cuaz im getting confused what frame im on for to determine my flips since of synchronize...

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 8:10 PM
yes main screen i just though it may be easier not to at first with out synchronize to determine what frame to subtract and then use it when i do use it for the flips if that makes since cuaz im getting confused what frame im on for to determine my flips since of synchronize...
What do you mean by "determine what frame to subtract"? Just subtract your starting frame (which is calculated in the main window) from your target frame given in the seed search window.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 8:16 PM
What do you mean by "determine what frame to subtract"? Just subtract your starting frame (which is calculated in the main window) from your target frame given in the seed search window.

oh wait? i must of been doing it with the breeding way i don't use the first 5 frames then? for example skip the the two of the frames then 5 frames i hit? omg im stupid lol so im subtracting the frame they gave me as my start minus my target frame?...thanks...

so for the starting frame they gave me was 46 so i subtract that from the frame im trying to hit so 176-46= 130 flips?

Too Funk to Druck
8th July 2012, 8:19 PM
oh wait? i must of been doing it with the breeding way i don't use the first 5 frames then? for example skip the the two of the frames then 5 frames i hit? omg im stupid lol so im subtracting the frame they gave me as my start minus my target frame?...thanks...

If you're going after a stationary Pokemon/wild Pokemon in an area where there are no WNPCs(Cobalion fits this description), you should just be doing target frame - initial frame.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 8:21 PM
If you're going after a stationary Pokemon/wild Pokemon in an area where there are no WNPCs(Cobalion fits this description), you should just be doing target frame - initial frame.

omg im so stupid thank you! all this time i was thinking it was like breeding subtracting from one of the first 5 frames lol...that makes since so i should hit my shiny no problem now and so virizion and terrakion are the same correct?

Too Funk to Druck
8th July 2012, 8:26 PM
omg im so stupid thank you! all this time i was thinking it was like breeding subtracting from one of the first 5 frames lol...that makes since so i should hit my shiny no problem now and so virizion and terrakion are the same correct?

Yes. I believe the only stationary legendary that can have WNPCs is Landorus.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 8:28 PM
Yes. I believe the only stationary legendary that can have WNPCs is Landorus.

okay cool i remember that when i go for him...so was making it harder then it was LOL...i was wondering what i was doing wrong now i know :) ill get my shinies and post them in the discuss thread...you guys help a bunch...all three you, dewey, and eleventh...also sorry eleventh for storming up your pm's...also i think did with you too funk :p

D0M0
8th July 2012, 9:10 PM
I've been getting results from pandora's box, but the seconds are always off, usually lower than what I need (i.e. 08:15:45 but Im getting 08:15:27), is it my own fault? I'm using eon timer.

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 9:12 PM
I've been getting results from pandora's box, but the seconds are always off, usually lower than what I need (i.e. 08:15:45 but Im getting 08:15:27), is it my own fault? I'm using eon timer.
Try expanding the delay range slightly. You can't be that far off in terms of seconds.

D0M0
8th July 2012, 9:22 PM
Try expanding the delay range slightly. You can't be that far off in terms of seconds.

I don't quite understand what those terms mean and how to do what you said to do, can you perhaps elaborate?

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 9:27 PM
I don't quite understand what those terms mean and how to do what you said to do, can you perhaps elaborate?
Let's start from the beginning, then. What are you attempting to RNG?

D0M0
8th July 2012, 9:34 PM
Let's start from the beginning, then. What are you attempting to RNG?

just a novelty TID at this point

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 9:46 PM
just a novelty TID at this point
What values do you have entered in the "Mininum Delay" and "Maximum Delay" boxes when searching for which ID you hit?

D0M0
8th July 2012, 9:48 PM
What values do you have entered in the "Mininum Delay" and "Maximum Delay" boxes when searching for which ID you hit?

Ooh, I should have mentioned, Im on gen5

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 9:52 PM
Ooh, I should have mentioned, Im on gen5
Why are you using EonTimer, then?

D0M0
8th July 2012, 10:03 PM
Why are you using EonTimer, then?
I just downloaded it and figured why not, is there another tool I should be using?

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 10:09 PM
I just downloaded it and figured why not, is there another tool I should be using?
Nothing is required for Gen V standard abuse aside from RNG Reporter and your DS and game; delays are not involved, so EonTimer is not required.

Myrrh
8th July 2012, 10:21 PM
Is there a list of areas that do not have wandering NPCs in 4th gen games, specifically on HG/SS? If there isn't I guess I'll just have to check the area I plan to RNG in myself.

Hozu
9th July 2012, 12:10 AM
okay cool i remember that when i go for him...so was making it harder then it was LOL...i was wondering what i was doing wrong now i know :) ill get my shinies and post them in the discuss thread...you guys help a bunch...all three you, dewey, and eleventh...also sorry eleventh for storming up your pm's...also i think did with you too funk :p

If you haven't got to the Abundant Shrine yet defeating all of the trainers in the area will stop all NPC movement until you leave it. So go there for the first time with everything you need to encounter and capture it, as well as whatever to beat the trainers.

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 1:23 AM

If you are RNGing with a DS Lite just use that amazing analog clock on the home screen. If you dont have a DS Lite, just use any other external clock with a seconds hand to sync up to.

D0M0
9th July 2012, 1:54 AM
If you are RNGing with a DS Lite just use that amazing analog clock on the home screen. If you dont have a DS Lite, just use any other external clock with a seconds hand to sync up to.

Yeah I love my DSLite, but I was continuously hitting the same TID and Pandora's Box calculated the seconds to be 25 as opposed to 50 (which I was starting the DS at) which is beyond my level of understanding lol

Myrrh
9th July 2012, 3:37 AM
If the Irwin calls are not matching up with anything in the Seed to Times window that just means that I am not being precise enough right? I just need to keep trying, or is there something else I might be missing?

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 3:40 AM
If the Irwin calls are not matching up with anything in the Seed to Times window that just means that I am not being precise enough right? I just need to keep trying, or is there something else I might be missing?

If your Irwin calls dont match up then try increasing your search parameters. Also, double check and make sure you have everything set up correctly, right date, time etc

Myrrh
9th July 2012, 3:44 AM
If your Irwin calls dont match up then try increasing your search parameters. Also, double check and make sure you have everything set up correctly, right date, time etc

Search paramaters where? On the 4th gen time finder window? Min delay currently is 550 and max delay is 700. Min frame is 10 and max frame is 1000. The guide didn't explain what the max should be, or it did and I didn't see...

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 5:06 AM
Search paramaters where? On the 4th gen time finder window? Min delay currently is 550 and max delay is 700. Min frame is 10 and max frame is 1000. The guide didn't explain what the max should be, or it did and I didn't see...

no no, the search parameters under seed to time. set min/max delay to 300 or so and seconds to +/- 3 and see if that helps. Also, frame 1000 is extremely high and Frame 10 isnt necessry unless you are doing Eggs. Frame 1 is your starting frmae and that can change with roamers and NPCs

FusionKT
9th July 2012, 5:23 AM
is it possible to RNG in 5th gen with a DSi?

Myrrh
9th July 2012, 5:55 AM
YES, thank you! I got my Timid flawless Ditto. My first baby step into 4th generation RNG. Now I have to hurry and make use of it before B/W 2 come out and make it less useful.

I had to make my Delays to +/- 500, and after the next few steps it was pretty much the same as 5th gen RNG with the Chatot and such. Thanks again.

EDIT: Oh, and a question. My calibrated delay needed to change to 450 from the suggested 490 for HG. Do I leave it like that from now on or might it change when I do other RNGs?

D0M0
9th July 2012, 6:46 AM
I decided to try getting my TID after I got home a few hours ago, with this as the goal

http://oi46.*******.com/w1ep0m.jpg

but so far upon starting the game and using the TID that it gave me without saying no about my name, I've gotten these two results:

http://oi48.*******.com/20teyhi.jpg
http://oi46.*******.com/242fu2o.jpg

I've been starting up my game at the exact same times to the best of my ability yet no progress, I have a feeling I'm missing something simple but crucial :3

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 8:13 AM
is it possible to RNG in 5th gen with a DSi?

yes, all DS models are supported

YES, thank you! I got my Timid flawless Ditto. My first baby step into 4th generation RNG. Now I have to hurry and make use of it before B/W 2 come out and make it less useful.

I had to make my Delays to +/- 500, and after the next few steps it was pretty much the same as 5th gen RNG with the Chatot and such. Thanks again.

EDIT: Oh, and a question. My calibrated delay needed to change to 450 from the suggested 490 for HG. Do I leave it like that from now on or might it change when I do other RNGs?

a flawless anything is far from a baby step, its pure success! congrats. As for your calibrated delay, i think you have it confused with your target delay. Calibrated delay should be relativity consistent and not change much as you RNG. Your target delay can be whatever you need it to be to hit your seed and cn change from RNG to RNG.

Oh and DOMO, I'm not ignoring you, i just have no clue how to help you so hopefully someone with 5th gen ID abuse can, sorry :/

FusionKT
9th July 2012, 8:20 AM
yes, all DS models are supported

a flawless anything is far from a baby step, its pure success! congrats. As for your calibrated delay, i think you have it confused with your target delay. Calibrated delay should be relativity consistent and not change much as you RNG. Your target delay can be whatever you need it to be to hit your seed and cn change from RNG to RNG.

Oh and DOMO, I'm not ignoring you, i just have no clue how to help you so hopefully someone with 5th gen ID abuse can, sorry :/

do you have to do anything different or do you do the same thing you would do on a ds lite?

Too Funk to Druck
9th July 2012, 8:31 AM
do you have to do anything different or do you do the same thing you would do on a ds lite?

You need some way to keep track of seconds since there's no seconds reading on DSis, but that's the only difference.

FusionKT
9th July 2012, 8:49 AM
You need some way to keep track of seconds since there's no seconds reading on DSis, but that's the only difference.

ok then so i would just sync my dsi to a external clock and then do every thing the same as i would if i was using a ds correct?

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 11:26 AM
ok then so i would just sync my dsi to a external clock and then do every thing the same as i would if i was using a ds correct?

pretty much, and i think you need to start the DSi 2 or 3 seconds early instead of one, but i dont remember exactly

FusionKT
9th July 2012, 12:29 PM
pretty much, and i think you need to start the DSi 2 or 3 seconds early instead of one, but i dont remember exactly

that might explain why i couldn't hit my seed. thank you :)

also does having cute charm as your lead ability do something or do you just need it for some seeds?

SkittyOnWailord
9th July 2012, 1:19 PM
This has probably already been asked. Is there anything different with RNGing in B2/W2 (for wild and legendaries) compared to the old Black/White?

dewey911p
9th July 2012, 1:25 PM
that might explain why i couldn't hit my seed. thank you :)

also does having cute charm as your lead ability do something or do you just need it for some seeds?

Cute charm affects the PID. I'm not sure how it affects seeds that don't require it, but i would imagine it would throw off your results. To be on the safe side i would just avoid using it unless you have to for that seed.

This has probably already been asked. Is there anything different with RNGing in B2/W2 (for wild and legendaries) compared to the old Black/White?

There are about 6 Timer0 values on a retail cart and up to 12 on an Emulator, but other than that everything else is pretty much the same. RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 12 (which is the most recent version i believe) already has B2/W2 support, but it still has some bugs from what i hear.

The Eleventh
9th July 2012, 3:37 PM
If you're using a DSi, you start one second before, just like the DS and DS Lite.

-Snip-
Are you absolutely certain your parameters are entered correctly?

Myrrh
9th July 2012, 10:29 PM

I do mean the Calibrated Delay. The guide suggested I do 490 for HG/SS, but when I did the Irwin calls to see what delay I was hitting, I put that delay I hit into the Delay Hit section on the bottom and clicked update. Then it changed to 450. After that I hit my target delay and was able to get my Ditto. Though I'm guessing it won't be a problem at all as long as I follow the steps the guide and you set out for me?

The Eleventh
9th July 2012, 10:58 PM
I do mean the Calibrated Delay. The guide suggested I do 490 for HG/SS, but when I did the Irwin calls to see what delay I was hitting, I put that delay I hit into the Delay Hit section on the bottom and clicked update. Then it changed to 450. After that I hit my target delay and was able to get my Ditto. Though I'm guessing it won't be a problem at all as long as I follow the steps the guide and you set out for me?
If you were able to RNG successfully with 450 as your calibrated delay, then keep it as 450. If you ever find you're off, though, just update the calibrated delay.

Ashiya
9th July 2012, 11:09 PM
Okay, So... I'm still learning how to properly use the RNG Reporter, after learning about it from my brother several months ago after getting black for my 24th birthday + his old original ds. He told me it was a pain to learn and showed me what was involved... which I now support undoubtedly. **rips hair out**

So I followed the instructions,

1. Opened the RNG Reporter and Set my DS Parameters on the DS Parameter Search - (Mac address, Game Ver. Date and time :: an our or so earlier than the original time::)

2. Opened EonTimer v1.6 ( I set my time to 1 hour, 04 minutes, 30 seconds on the DS parameter finder) so my Target seconds is 30

3. Pressed both Eon timer and ds clock reset (hopefully at the same time) and rebooted ds quickly getting to the main menu. Soon as EONtimer hit zero I started my game and waited for the gamefreak comet to show, then skipped ahead to start and left C-gear off.

4. I was situated at the last cave of victory road (in front of cheren and the exit) not sure if thats correct and I Sweet Scented for a pokemon, caught said pokemon (boldor lv39) with a master ball (cus I know I'm not saving it)

5. I Input the stats in the IV Checker/Mini Dex to get the IV ranges, so I can put them on the DS Parameter Finder.

Once I was done I hit search but nothing showed up on the results... I'm wondering if the pokemon I caught was to low.

Here's an SS here of all the stats and such >>

D0M0
9th July 2012, 11:18 PM
@Ashiya that sounds like what I did when I first learned that type of RNG, try setting a new time and possibly date, and make sure you pause right after the game loads (I usually mash X after I confirm no c-gear), then proceed to sweet scent and masterball. Again, that's just my experience so I hope it helps in some way.

Ashiya
9th July 2012, 11:33 PM
@Ashiya that sounds like what I did when I first learned that type of RNG, try setting a new time and possibly date, and make sure you pause right after the game loads (I usually mash X after I confirm no c-gear), then proceed to sweet scent and masterball. Again, that's just my experience so I hope it helps in some way.

totaly forgot bout mashing x to open game menu... guess I'll try that. Along with a new date and time (just means I can't use DW for a while XD)

The Eleventh
10th July 2012, 12:03 AM
totaly forgot bout mashing x to open game menu... guess I'll try that. Along with a new date and time (just means I can't use DW for a while XD)
The length you spend in the overworld is irrelevant, since there are no WNPCs (Cheren does not move) in that room in Victory Road. You don't need to use EonTimer if you're using a DS, since you can see the seconds on the clock on the top screen. Additionally, if you do use EonTimer for whatever reason (it's not necessary at all), that calibration value in the Gen V tab will put you off; you should use the Gen III tab's "First Timer".

Ashiya
10th July 2012, 12:26 AM
Alright! so I'm back! (after 2 atemps cus I messed up) Did everything as performed and set my clock instead to yesterday @ 02:45:30 (didnt start the game till I hit 29 which is were eontimer hit zero) caught another boldore lv41 (ironicaly) and input iv's in the minidex/iv checker and got results from the search button that time.

Now to polish this and work on a flawless ditto!

The length you spend in the overworld is irrelevant, since there are no WNPCs (Cheren does not move) in that room in Victory Road. You don't need to use EonTimer if you're using a DS, since you can see the seconds on the clock on the top screen. Additionally, if you do use EonTimer for whatever reason (it's not necessary at all), that calibration value in the Gen V tab will put you off; you should use the Gen III tab's "First Timer".

@ The Eleventh, I wasnt really accounting the npc's it was probably my stupidity lol

as for eontimer use, I was only using it because I was following bearsfan method on the youtube vid. I tend to through myself off, if I don't follow it step-by-step. Which is the reason why I used it in the firstplace ^^;;

Now question what's the difference between the 3rd Gen timer versus the 5th gen? o.O

Ninjames
10th July 2012, 12:30 AM
Thundurus. I've been playing since RBY, I ain't about to chase that b**** around the map.

Ashiya
10th July 2012, 6:57 AM
Guess Ill post this since I'm going to bed...

So, I started the second phase of hitting the seed frame. Now I'm a little stumped & confused, because from what I'm reading... it says your suppose to get a higher frame *sometimes* on sertain seeds. Unfortinately my frame is on "1" I'm assuming I don't have to advance the frame if it's on 1 because I am already on 1. *scratches head* So I set date and time and wait for the appropriate second to hit game start > wait for the game freak comet *skip it* leave c-gear off and use sweet sent imediately to get a pokemon. I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto which unfortinetly isn't showing up for me... I'm wondering If I did anything wrong. Anyways, left another screenshot for your critique viewing pleasure!

FusionKT
10th July 2012, 7:08 AM
how do i know what my starting PIDRNG is? is it 50 because I've put generate from initial PID frame?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
10th July 2012, 7:15 AM
Guess Ill post this since I'm going to bed...

So, I started the second phase of hitting the seed frame. Now I'm a little stumped & confused, because from what I'm reading... it says your suppose to get a higher frame *sometimes* on sertain seeds. Unfortinately my frame is on "1" I'm assuming I don't have to advance the frame if it's on 1 because I am already on 1. *scratches head* So I set date and time and wait for the appropriate second to hit game start > wait for the game freak comet *skip it* leave c-gear off and use sweet sent imediately to get a pokemon. I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto which unfortinetly isn't showing up for me... I'm wondering If I did anything wrong. Anyways, left another screenshot for your critique viewing pleasure!

You're supposed to use Method 5 PIDRNG in the main window.

Frame 1 is just the IVRNG, the IVs will pretty much always be what you searched for, you're wanting to advance the PIDRNG instead for the correct encounter slots and nature for your Ditto.

dewey911p
10th July 2012, 7:37 AM
how do i know what my starting PIDRNG is? is it 50 because I've put generate from initial PID frame?

yup, Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame ... calculates your initial PIDRNG frame lol. Subtract your traget frmae from your starting frame and thats the number of Chatot flips to do. If you miss just adjust by the number you were off by and do it again

FusionKT
10th July 2012, 7:51 AM
yup, Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame ... calculates your initial PIDRNG frame lol. Subtract your traget frmae from your starting frame and thats the number of Chatot flips to do. If you miss just adjust by the number you were off by and do it again

ok thank you. also does the pitch of the chatot matter? I'm asking this because when i find a seed and double click to inspect it next to each frame is a column called chatot and it has stuff like Lo(01) or mi(53).

Myrrh
10th July 2012, 7:58 AM
ok thank you. also does the pitch of the chatot matter? I'm asking this because when i find a seed and double click to inspect it next to each frame is a column called chatot and it has stuff like Lo(01) or mi(53).

The Chatot pitches can help one determine what frame they are on, or if they hit their seed at all. One doesn't need to pay any attention to them if they don't want to though.

FairyWitch
10th July 2012, 8:48 AM

almost for any method using the chatot cry's are very important so yes make sure the pitch matches to your seed if there off you will get a totally different seed of what you want...that Lo, mi, and etc means low, mid, and etc pitches...each chatot pitch is different depending on the time frame and etc...it increases/advances once frame at a time to your target frame...so yes pay attention to that its very important but like myrrh said you don't really have to if you don't want to but i would...its a good tool to know what frame your on...

edit: also thanks guys i did get my shiny flawless hp ice impish nature cobalion :) going for virizion and terrakion now...

Ashiya
10th July 2012, 4:50 PM
You're supposed to use Method 5 PIDRNG in the main window.

Frame 1 is just the IVRNG, the IVs will pretty much always be what you searched for, you're wanting to advance the PIDRNG instead for the correct encounter slots and nature for your Ditto.

Main window... as in the 5th gen time finder window? Or the first window of the RNG Reporter Beta?

dewey911p
10th July 2012, 4:54 PM
Main window... as in the th gen time finder window? Or the first window of the RNG Reporter Beta?

Main window is the first window that pops up when you open RNG reporter. The other window is typically referred to as Time Finder.

FusionKT
10th July 2012, 5:03 PM
so i found my target seed which is a hex flawless. i set my dsi clock and date to the date and time it said and then i launched the game a second before the target time. i held the Y button (it said to) up to until the GF comet had disappeared and then started mashing A. i turned cgear off and then as soon as the game loaded i sweet scented (my IV frame is 1 so i don't have to advance it right?). after i caught the pokemon i found i checked its IVs however they weren't flawless. no biggie i thought and just tried again however i just keep ending up with the same pokemon... am i doing something wrong?

Ashiya
10th July 2012, 5:12 PM
Main window is the first window that pops up when you open RNG reporter. The other window is typically referred to as Time Finder.

so for the method 5 it would be the GEN 5 PIDRNG option?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
10th July 2012, 5:36 PM
Yes it would be.

Ashiya
10th July 2012, 6:19 PM
okay thanks!

silicon
10th July 2012, 10:28 PM
so i found my target seed which is a hex flawless. i set my dsi clock and date to the date and time it said and then i launched the game a second before the target time. i held the Y button (it said to) up to until the GF comet had disappeared and then started mashing A. i turned cgear off and then as soon as the game loaded i sweet scented (my IV frame is 1 so i don't have to advance it right?). after i caught the pokemon i found i checked its IVs however they weren't flawless. no biggie i thought and just tried again however i just keep ending up with the same pokemon... am i doing something wrong?

It's tough to tell. It's possible it's your timer0 value fluctuating, or you might be a little off on your timing. Try searching the adjacent seeds of your target to see if what you are getting is there.

Ashiya
11th July 2012, 5:49 AM
Question.... And sorry if I keep asking soo many! >< When choosing a SEED, it has to be one that has the same encounter slots as your desired pokemon? A.k.a like Ditto in the Giant Chasm, which his are slots 3 and 6?

Btw, I keep finding out little things that I do wrong, which is very good! Because now it's becoming so much more easier to understand (。┰ω┰。)

FusionKT
11th July 2012, 6:07 AM
does anyone know what delay there is on a DSi? I've heard from some people that its 1 sec like on a ds but then from some I've heard its 8 sec and then dorm others that its 3 sec... does anyone actually know what delay it is?

dewey911p
11th July 2012, 6:20 AM
Question.... And sorry if I keep asking soo many! >< When choosing a SEED, it has to be one that has the same encounter slots as your desired pokemon? A.k.a like Ditto in the Giant Chasm, which his are slots 3 and 6?

Btw, I keep finding out little things that I do wrong, which is very good! Because now it's becoming so much more easier to understand (。┰ω┰。)

if you want a specific pokemon then yes, the encounter slot is very important. If you dont care for a shiny pokemon though, just use a syncronizer and find a frame that has the right encounter slot and a syncable nature, it shouldnt be to hard to find a low frame like that.

does anyone know what delay there is on a DSi? I've heard from some people that its 1 sec like on a ds but then from some I've heard its 8 sec and then dorm others that its 3 sec... does anyone actually know what delay it is?

3DS is 8 seconds and i have heard mixed things about the DSi as well. it ranges from 1-3 seconds but i dont own a DSi so thats just hearsay. The easiest way to find out your delay on your DSi is to just find your parameters again. If you enter your game at 12:09:30 and your actual secons is 31, our delay is 1, if your actual seconds is 32, your delay is 2 and so on and so forth.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 7:42 AM
3DS is 8 seconds and i have heard mixed things about the DSi as well. it ranges from 1-3 seconds but i dont own a DSi so thats just hearsay. The easiest way to find out your delay on your DSi is to just find your parameters again. If you enter your game at 12:09:30 and your actual secons is 31, our delay is 1, if your actual seconds is 32, your delay is 2 and so on and so forth.

I thought it was 8 seconds but i was not sure he asked me in my vm but i was not sure...thanks for helping him dewey...since i don't have a dsi i was clueless on that part lol :p

Pokemans man
11th July 2012, 9:09 AM
just had a sudden thought. What happens if you are trying to get a shiny shednija through RNGing. is it a gift pokemon? or something else?
im not currently trying to get it i was just wondering. :D

dewey911p
11th July 2012, 10:10 AM
just had a sudden thought. What happens if you are trying to get a shiny shednija through RNGing. is it a gift pokemon? or something else?
im not currently trying to get it i was just wondering. :D

You would just RNG the Nincada, which is either a wild RNG or a breed, and once Nincada evolved (and if you have an empty space in your party with a pokeball in you bag) you would get both Ninjask and Shedinja

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 6:00 PM
You would just RNG the Nincada, which is either a wild RNG or a breed, and once Nincada evolved (and if you have an empty space in your party with a pokeball in you bag) you would get both Ninjask and Shedinja

so practically it will pass the iv's down of the ninjask as to the shedinja right? so both will have the same iv's...thats intreasting to know :)

Rayce
11th July 2012, 6:27 PM
5th Gen Stationary abuse help.

I am currently going for a Shiny IV'd Kyurem, and have a few problems. My IVRNG works fine and I can hit my seed very well (excluding those times Timer0 steals my bacon) and the IVs always come out great. However, when I do the PiDRNG, It always comes out wrong. I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them. I input my ID / Sid correctly and check them, and the frames on the screen never match with what my game spits out. My question is, what could be wrong with my PiDRNG settings?

The Eleventh
11th July 2012, 6:28 PM
so practically it will pass the iv's down of the ninjask as to the shedinja right? so both will have the same iv's...thats intreasting to know :)
It is essentially identical to the Nincada/Ninjask. It has the same EVs, IVs, characteristic, etc..

I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them.
What do you mean? Just calculate the initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and subtract that from your target frame. That gives you the amount of advances required.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 6:37 PM
It is essentially identical to the Nincada/Ninjask. It has the same EVs, IVs, characteristic, etc..

also yeah thats what i mean same poke same iv's and etc. :p anyway going back to my hunt for legendaries on soulsilver seeing if any of my shiny iv spreads are even decent enough...if not oh well...

edit: so far its sucks LOL

also got a question about 4th generation stationaries if they are genderless does it matter to use cute charm cuaz on my results it comes up on all of them...

I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them

why didn't i see this before you know what i think your doing what i was doing when i tried to rng stationaries...you just take the intial frame the main reporter gave you and subtract the actual frame your trying to hit to get it...i think your thinking of breeding the 5 frame thing with the chatot which thats where i goofed :p you don't need to test your frame your on for stationaries to find your flips like breeding does...

The Eleventh
11th July 2012, 8:39 PM
See, I have a female Growlithe that has perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed and if I want to EV train her, which of those should I train her at and she also has the Pokerus?
What's her nature?

You should ask here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?498201-Official-5th-Gen-EV-IV-(Training)-Thread) in the future, by the way.

Rayce
11th July 2012, 8:52 PM
What do you mean? Just calculate the initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and subtract that from your target frame. That gives you the amount of advances required.

Yeah, thats my problem, my initial PIDRNG frame doesnt match what the game puts out with no advances. With the correct advances, it doesnt match what it should be either. The frames are just... off.

The Eleventh
11th July 2012, 9:00 PM
Yeah, thats my problem, my initial PIDRNG frame doesnt match what the game puts out with no advances. With the correct advances, it doesnt match what it should be either. The frames are just... off.
Does what the game gives with no advances match any of the PID frames in the main window?

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 9:00 PM

you may not be hitting the time right at all if you got the correct flips to get him...hmmmm....i had a similar problem but with the shiny frame i was not hitting but got the time right though which i found out i subtracted wrong...for your case it may just not hitting the right time, presses(if any) and etc...

also does anyone know about the cute charm thing for stationaries for 4th generation? i would like to know if i should ignore it or not cuaz most of the stationaries are genderless besides heatran right?all my results are cute charm for a flawless timid hp grass moltres...

The Eleventh
11th July 2012, 9:11 PM
also does anyone know about the cute charm thing for stationaries for 4th generation? i would like to know if i should ignore it or not cuaz most of the stationaries are genderless besides heatran right?all my results are cute charm for a flawless timid hp grass moltres...
Yes, ignore that for legendaries, since they're genderless. I had to use a Synchronizer for my Timid HP Grass Moltres. You'll have to go beyond a maximum delay of 6000 to find those frames.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 9:15 PM
Yes, ignore that for legendaries, since they're genderless. I had to use a Synchronizer for my Timid HP Grass Moltres. You'll have to go beyond a maximum delay of 6000 to find those frames.

okay thanks thats what i though...yeah they were all cute charm so i was like wth....thanks...me and my clan member were like im not sure lol...he never had that before :p

Floette
11th July 2012, 9:29 PM
Hey so I have never RNG'ed before.

I am totally lost at how to do it. Is it considered legitimate? Less so than Masuda Method of shiny breeding?

I mean I might get less personal satisfaction from RNG'ing a shiny pokemon than Maduda Method, but I have done neither. Either way, I have never RNG'ed before and I am completely lost at how to do it.

Any tips/advice? What do I need to do it? I read the first post, but I still got a bit confused.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 9:37 PM
Hey so I have never RNG'ed before.

I am totally lost at how to do it. Is it considered legitimate? Less so than Masuda Method of shiny breeding?

I mean I might get less personal satisfaction from RNG'ing a shiny pokemon than Maduda Method, but I have done neither. Either way, I have never RNG'ed before and I am completely lost at how to do it.

Any tips/advice? What do I need to do it? I read the first post, but I still got a bit confused.

yes rnging is legit eventhough some people like to argue about it :/ its just your just finding the shiny faster and with better iv's...also first of all are you doing 5th gen rnging and what would like to do stationary/wild first?

if your doing fifth gen here is a guide for the beginning...i was confused at first when i started too...
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

also check out bearsfan video it a really helpful tip for rnging it made more sense when i watched it...its on the front page...

Rayce
11th July 2012, 9:56 PM
Does what the game gives with no advances match any of the PID frames in the main window?
There are a few single matches, but when I compare it to the next frame with one advance, it isnt what it should be.

you may not be hitting the time right at all if you got the correct flips to get him...hmmmm....i had a similar problem but with the shiny frame i was not hitting but got the time right though which i found out i subtracted wrong...for your case it may just not hitting the right time, presses(if any) and etc...

I hit my times correctly because my IV's are as expected, but nature and shinyness is always off so I know I'm having a problem with my PIDRNG.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 10:18 PM
I hit my times correctly because my IV's are as expected, but nature and shinyness is always off so I know I'm having a problem with my PIDRNG.

strange are you using 5th gen pidrng on the main reporter and if your using any synchronize make sure thats checked and you subtracted the initial frame they gave you from your target frame? that might be why its off maybe...if don't use 5th gen pidrng in the main reporter it will be off...

Rayce
11th July 2012, 11:07 PM
strange are you using 5th gen pidrng on the main reporter and if your using any synchronize make sure thats checked and you subtracted the initial frame they gave you from your target frame? that might be why its off maybe...if don't use 5th gen pidrng in the main reporter it will be off...

Yup, using 5th Gen PIDRNG on Stationary Encounter on 9.96 beta with Synchronizer. My Initial frame is 49, shiny frame (target frame) is 82, but after 33 chatters the nature is wrong (with synchronize) and it isnt shiny.

FairyWitch
11th July 2012, 11:14 PM
Yup, using 5th Gen PIDRNG on Stationary Encounter on 9.96 beta with Synchronizer. My Initial frame is 49, shiny frame (target frame) is 82, but after 33 chatters the nature is wrong (with synchronize) and it isnt shiny.

thats very strange normally even though there separate those two synch in the same time so if its not becoming shiny the time may of not been hit right and even though the flips are right it seems the time is being stupid about hitting it...do you have any key presses? also what system are you using?

also guys i would like to ask now how would input on my main reporter for rnging 4th gen stationary...since im ignoring the cute charm doe i still have to put in the main reporter cuaz when i don't it ends up not showing the seed after i generate the time through the seed to time generator....

dewey911p
12th July 2012, 12:36 AM

everyone else has assumed this, but im just going to ask, your IV frame is 1 yes? if you need to advance the IVRNG then your current seed wont work.

thats very strange normally even though there separate those two synch in the same time so if its not becoming shiny the time may of not been hit right and even though the flips are right it seems the time is being stupid about hitting it...do you have any key presses? also what system are you using?

also guys i would like to ask now how would input on my main reporter for rnging 4th gen stationary...since im ignoring the cute charm doe i still have to put in the main reporter cuaz when i don't it ends up not showing the seed after i generate the time through the seed to time generator....

if you are not using the CC lead, you cannot even use the seed. Gen 4 did not have a seperate RNG for IVs and PID so the two are tied together. If your seed requires a CC lead, then EVERYTHING on that seed needs the CC lead. Its the same with syncronize. So its not just the shinyness that will be affected, the IVs, nature, gender, ability, everything depends on the lead pikemon haveing CC for that seed

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 12:44 AM
everyone else has assumed this, but im just going to ask, your IV frame is 1 yes? if you need to advance the IVRNG then your current seed wont work.

if you are not using the CC lead, you cannot even use the seed. Gen 4 did not have a seperate RNG for IVs and PID so the two are tied together. If your seed requires a CC lead, then EVERYTHING on that seed needs the CC lead. Its the same with syncronize. So its not just the shinyness that will be affected, the IVs, nature, gender, ability, everything depends on the lead pikemon haveing CC for that seed

even if its genderless legendary? cuaz eleventh said i can ignore it...im trying to rng a flawless hp grass timid moltres....all my results are cute charm btw :/ so i just have the lead cute charm and it should work if i do use anyway even though moltres is genderless? so confused :p lol

The Eleventh
12th July 2012, 1:07 AM
even if its genderless legendary? cuaz eleventh said i can ignore it...im trying to rng a flawless hp grass timid moltres....all my results are cute charm btw :/ so i just have the lead cute charm and it should work if i do use anyway even though moltres is genderless? so confused :p lol
I meant to ignore the Cute Charm seeds. Those seeds cannot be used with genderless Pokémon.

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 1:15 AM
I meant to ignore the Cute Charm seeds. Those seeds cannot be used with genderless Pokémon.

oh ignore the seed all together damn thats all my seeds then :/ that sucks any tips?

edit: why are all my seeds being cute charm? is that normal and there under stationary right?

The Eleventh
12th July 2012, 1:21 AM
oh ignore the seed all together damn thats all my seeds then :/ that sucks any tips?

edit: why are all my seeds being cute charm? is that normal and there under stationary right?
Set the maximum delay to 8000, search for Timid, 31/HP_E/31/30/31/31, and you'll find some Sync frames.

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 1:24 AM
Set the maximum delay to 8000, search for Timid, 31/HP_E/31/30/31/31, and you'll find some Sync frames.

omg thank you got snychronize frames now so then it should be smooth from here right..

Floette
12th July 2012, 4:01 AM
yes rnging is legit eventhough some people like to argue about it :/ its just your just finding the shiny faster and with better iv's...also first of all are you doing 5th gen rnging and what would like to do stationary/wild first?

if your doing fifth gen here is a guide for the beginning...i was confused at first when i started too...
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

also check out bearsfan video it a really helpful tip for rnging it made more sense when i watched it...its on the front page...

Thanks for the response :) I will watch those videos.

And now by 5th gen rng'ing I am assuming you mean RNG-ing on Pokemon Black or White. I want to RNG a shiny zubat with nice IVs on Pokemon White. If its easier, I am willing to do it on a 3rd or 4th gen game and pass it down to Pokemon white.

Anyway, I will watch those videos later, thanks :)

Any idea how to find out my DS's SID? I have a DS Lite (Pokemon White Special Edition DS LITE). Is there a difference/does it matter?

Too Funk to Druck
12th July 2012, 4:06 AM
Thanks for the response :) I will watch those videos.

And now by 5th gen rng'ing I am assuming you mean RNG-ing on Pokemon Black or White. I want to RNG a shiny zubat with nice IVs on Pokemon White. If its easier, I am willing to do it on a 3rd or 4th gen game and pass it down to Pokemon white.

Anyway, I will watch those videos later, thanks :)

Any idea how to find out my DS's SID? I have a DS Lite (Pokemon White Special Edition DS LITE). Is there a difference/does it matter?

SID is something specific to your game save, not the system you're using. If you need to find your SID the best way is to upload a Pokemon onto Pokecheck, or to trade a Pokemon to someone who can.

Floette
12th July 2012, 4:17 AM
Sorry for extreme noobness- what is Pokecheck?

Rayce
12th July 2012, 5:11 AM

I have keypresses X and A, both of which I can switch to easily and press firmly. That could be though, I hold them until the game freak star appears, is that too long or too short? I'm using a DS Lite. Its a lot easier :) .

Yup, IV frame is 1. Its probably something stupid i'm missing :P, but like I said, IV RNG is fine, PIDRNG... being more a pain than Timer0. The PIDRNG uses your Trainer ID and SID, right?

Zorua?!
12th July 2012, 5:21 AM
Sorry for extreme noobness- what is Pokecheck?

It's a site where you can upload/download pokemon onto a ''fake GTS'' and the site can provide all the details of your pokemon.

Link (http://www.pokecheck.org/)

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 6:16 AM
I have keypresses X and A, both of which I can switch to easily and press firmly. That could be though, I hold them until the game freak star appears, is that too long or too short? I'm using a DS Lite. Its a lot easier :) .

Yup, IV frame is 1. Its probably something stupid i'm missing :P, but like I said, IV RNG is fine, PIDRNG... being more a pain than Timer0. The PIDRNG uses your Trainer ID and SID, right?

yes the sid is if you want shinies and you start once the blank screen appears quickly press the buttons you need to then you need to hold them until the nintendo screen disappears...you may be holding it to long... thats probably why and are you doing one sec earlier of your time i have a dslite as well so i can help :D i assume you are if your getting your iv frames right...my problem was super silly though lol subtracted wrong for my frame to hit LOL

Too Funk to Druck
12th July 2012, 6:46 AM
yes the sid is if you want shinies and you start once the blank screen appears quickly press the buttons you need to then you need to hold them until the nintendo screen disappears...you may be holding it to long... thats probably why and are you doing one sec earlier of your time i have a dslite as well so i can help :D i assume you are if your getting your iv frames right...

if he's hitting his IV frames then keypresses are not the problem as that would affect the IV frame.

Rayce, if you're not hitting your PID frame, perhaps your Chatots don't have a Chatter anymore, you're miscounting your flips, or RNG reporter gave you a wrong seed.

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 7:01 AM
if he's hitting his IV frames then keypresses are not the problem as that would affect the IV frame.

Rayce, if you're not hitting your PID frame, perhaps your Chatots don't have a Chatter anymore, you're miscounting your flips, or RNG reporter gave you a wrong seed.

thats what im trying to say they still synchronize by the time but your right though it may be his chatter or miscounting the flips but he said he sure he doing the flips right but i don't know :/

Rayce
12th July 2012, 3:04 PM

That must be what I'm doing wrong, what are flips?

The Eleventh
12th July 2012, 3:13 PM
That must be what I'm doing wrong, what are flips?
Flipping between Chatot summaries. :P

SkittyOnWailord
12th July 2012, 3:27 PM
Alright, I'm trying to RNG a shiny Latias in White 2 with RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha. I've done all the preperation and I've found that my starting frame is 44 and the one I want is 418. The way I'm seeing if I hit the right seed is by using the Gen 5 PRNG from RNG Reporter's main menu. Am I correct to assume that the Chatter pitches in the Gen 5 PRNG will be a way of seeing if I hit my seed? So far I've just been SRing at the right time and checking the first 20 Chetters with the ones in the Gen 5 PRNG to see if I hit it. But I've been SRing for a good 3 hours without getting the right Chatter order. Am I just really unlucky or am I doing something wrong here?
P.S. I know how to RNG shinies in regular B/W so I know the basics.

Rayce
12th July 2012, 4:47 PM
Flipping between Chatot summaries. :P

lol, I got that, maybe I just need to get with his RNG lingo... :P. I'll try a different seed, March seems to be a good month for me.

drothagreat0ne
12th July 2012, 5:53 PM
Ugh, I hate RNGing for Tornadus.

I spent about two days trying to find the frame I RNGed my ID/SID for, and I've been driven to the point of restarting my file. The seed itself wasn't an issue, as I knew when I hit it. Discerning between the different frames is what made it a *****.

The IVs were: 30/10/30/31/30/30. The problem with those IVs is that the only characteristic that would show up is Mischievous. And with many frames having the same natures only a few away, it made it really frustrating.

Here is as far as I came. The reason I stopped was due to some false positives that threw me completely off. I'd rather stay sane than try to keep going for it:

Seed for Tornadus:

Timer0 - C7C
VCount - 60
VFrame - 8
Seed - 519C8BC2858338A7

Date - 10/4/2012
Time - 14:41:40
Buttons - Down-Right / A / R
Frame - 804 (Timid)
IVs - 30/10/30/31/30/30

*Estimated # of Flips = 150*

0 (2*) Chatot Flips:

Adamant (Three Times) - 442, 454, 472, 490, 525, 540, 567, 575, 589, 617

5 Chatot Flips:

Hasty (Three Times) - 434, 512, 543, 587, 593, 616, 620, 627, 645

10 Chatot Flips:

Calm - 464, 474, 488, 497, 499, 507, 552, 570, 577, 584, 585, 595, 609, 626

Careful - 465, 524, 623

Docile - 471, 486, 498, 520, 538, 542, 608, 622, 634

15 Chatot Flips:

Calm (Two Times)- 464, 474, 488, 497, 499, 507, 552, 570, 577, 584, 585, 595, 609, 626

Gentle - 431, 440, 441, 469, 480, 483, 519, 529, 596, 636

20 Chatot Flips:

Timid - 481, 534, 536, 546, 560, 590, 598, 602, 606, 630, 646

Lax (Two Times) - 487, 494, 504, 511, 514, 535, 549, 558, 611, 637, 638, 652

25 Chatot Flips:

Lax (Two Times) - 487, 494, 504, 511, 514, 535, 549, 558, 611, 637, 638, 652, 657, 658, 676, 679

Hardy - 482, 492, 495, 526, 633, 643, 644, 648, 649, 681, 702

30 Chatot Flips:

Timid (Three Times) - 481, 534, 536, 546, 560, 590, 598, 602, 606, 630, 646, 717

35 Chatot Flips:

Lonely - 516, 547, 574, 588, 601, 635, 655, 668, 696, 700, 750

Lax - 487, 494, 504, 511, 514, 535, 549, 558, 611, 637, 638, 652, 657, 658, 676, 679, 743

Quirky - 527, 533, 556, 569, 576, 580, 639, 653, 662, 695, 713

40 Chatot Flips:

Adamant (Three Times)- 442, 454, 472, 490, 525, 540, 567, 575, 589, 617, 664, 665, 673, 712, 726

45 Chatot Flips:

Quirky - 527, 533, 556, 569, 576, 580, 639, 653, 662, 695, 713

Lax - 487, 494, 504, 511, 514, 535, 549, 558, 611, 637, 638, 652, 657, 658, 676, 679, 743

50 Chatot Flips

70 Chatot Flips

100 Chatot Flips

120 Chatot Flips

150 Chatot Flips

With that said, I found a more suitable seed, earlier frame (664 instead of 804) and I'll be able to know where in the seed I am. Plus, it also has the HP I'm aiming for.

Sorry for the lengthy post guys, I kinda went on a rant.

FairyWitch
12th July 2012, 7:47 PM
omg why am i having so much trouble with hitting my seed with the delay...i keep not getting the delay right can someone help me please...when i do the elm calls it doesn't match my results in the main reporter :/

dewey911p
12th July 2012, 10:05 PM
Alright, I'm trying to RNG a shiny Latias in White 2 with RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha. I've done all the preperation and I've found that my starting frame is 44 and the one I want is 418. The way I'm seeing if I hit the right seed is by using the Gen 5 PRNG from RNG Reporter's main menu. Am I correct to assume that the Chatter pitches in the Gen 5 PRNG will be a way of seeing if I hit my seed? So far I've just been SRing at the right time and checking the first 20 Chetters with the ones in the Gen 5 PRNG to see if I hit it. But I've been SRing for a good 3 hours without getting the right Chatter order. Am I just really unlucky or am I doing something wrong here?

with 6+ Timer0 values it could just be a streak of bad luck. Also, if the chatot recording you have is a bad quality, or your just not paying enough attention to pick up the differences, you might mistake a correct seed for a miss. Its hard to say which is the case, but if your getting no IV matches either, its the Timer0

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 5:47 AM
Can someone please explain to me how to hit the delays process three times? im not sure what im doing wrong and my seed keeps not matching the elm calls my reporter gives me...please help :(

dewey911p
13th July 2012, 6:05 AM
Can someone please explain to me how to hit the delays process three times? im not sure what im doing wrong and my seed keeps not matching the elm calls my reporter gives me...please help :(

when the first timer on EonTimer runs out, laucnh the game from the main screen just like you would if it was 5th gen abuse. When the second timer ends, hit A to continue the game at the continue screen. Quickly pull up the menu in case there are NPCs around and then do the Elm calls. If you dont get any results, just expand your range for the Elm calls.

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 6:26 AM
when the first timer on EonTimer runs out, laucnh the game from the main screen just like you would if it was 5th gen abuse. When the second timer ends, hit A to continue the game at the continue screen. Quickly pull up the menu in case there are NPCs around and then do the Elm calls. If you dont get any results, just expand your range for the Elm calls.

okay and how to do expand the elm call range if i still don't get results...sorry im still learning :p

edit: no go my calls are way off of what its asking i wonderin if i set up everything right though....or just doing something really silly that im missing...

dewey911p
13th July 2012, 7:54 AM
okay and how to do expand the elm call range if i still don't get results...sorry im still learning :p

edit: no go my calls are way off of what its asking i wonderin if i set up everything right though....or just doing something really silly that im missing...

if your Elm calls are off (But you still found a result) you might just need to adjust your calibrated delay. In the box where it says "Delay Hit" (at the very bottom of Eon Timer) enter your delay there and Eon Timer will update the delay for you. This is especially true if this will be your first gen 4 RNG. In that cae your first try will be extremely far off of your target

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 9:07 AM
if your Elm calls are off (But you still found a result) you might just need to adjust your calibrated delay. In the box where it says "Delay Hit" (at the very bottom of Eon Timer) enter your delay there and Eon Timer will update the delay for you. This is especially true if this will be your first gen 4 RNG. In that cae your first try will be extremely far off of your target

yeah i figured it out spend like a hour or two with my clan member myrrh helping me lol...i got the calibrated delay fixed now it was off 440...i updated and fixed it...now i just have to hit the seed correctly...thanks dewey for responding :)

edit: checked again and i hit a closer delay but a bit over by 6 when i checked again is that right? is it possible or could i still have to update...i just checked my elm calls again and it now is 7040 which the delay i want is 7036?

edit: disregards this post i screwed up the moltres...though i had it(got excited) and i checked it and no go...i guess better luck with the other two birds :/ my delay keeped flucuating though...so next time going for zapdos ill be more careful...its really hard for me to tell the hp and the seed on 4th gen :/

SkittyOnWailord
13th July 2012, 2:53 PM
with 6+ Timer0 values it could just be a streak of bad luck. Also, if the chatot recording you have is a bad quality, or your just not paying enough attention to pick up the differences, you might mistake a correct seed for a miss. Its hard to say which is the case, but if your getting no IV matches either, its the Timer0

Thanks for the help. I found that I had the wrong starting frame and that's why the Chatters weren't matching up. I just caught my shiny Latias a few minutes ago. :D

NoDice
13th July 2012, 2:54 PM

I dont personally find the Chatot pitches very accurate or informative- and I think that simply setting up your game to where you can catch the Latias to check your seed would be alot better. Save just before you have to take the last step to "run into it", hit your seed, open the menu, Chatot flip 1 time, exit menu, and quickly walk into the encounter with it. Doing the one flip should tell you what your SSF(shifting shiny frame) is, and when you eventually hit your seed, you should know exactly how many chatters to do each time you restart and you can hit the frame youre looking for.
EDIT: NINJAd by success lol

Ugh, I hate RNGing for Tornadus.

I spent about two days trying to find the frame I RNGed my ID/SID for, and I've been driven to the point of restarting my file. The seed itself wasn't an issue, as I knew when I hit it. Discerning between the different frames is what made it a *****.

The IVs were: 30/10/30/31/30/30. The problem with those IVs is that the only characteristic that would show up is Mischievous. And with many frames having the same natures only a few away, it made it really frustrating.

Here is as far as I came. The reason I stopped was due to some false positives that threw me completely off. I'd rather stay sane than try to keep going for it:

[SPOILER=Seed for Tornadus]Seed for Tornadus:

Timer0 - C7C
VCount - 60
VFrame - 8
Seed - 519C8BC2858338A7

Date - 10/4/2012
Time - 14:41:40
Buttons - Down-Right / A / R
Frame - 804 (Timid)
IVs - 30/10/30/31/30/30

With that said, I found a more suitable seed, earlier frame (664 instead of 804) and I'll be able to know where in the seed I am. Plus, it also has the HP I'm aiming for.

Sorry for the lengthy post guys, I kinda went on a rant.

I know the pain. The Tornadus in my sig took over a month for me to get, simply because of weather and other issues. If youre going to RNG your ID/SID you should definitely get a better IV spread than that, such as one with HP ICE or something. Also, one key thing is, to make sure that the month is Summer for your RNG, and make sure that it has already turned Summer before entering the area to save and RNG the Tornadus. Also, having the HP ICE spread will make it alot easier to tell the frames apart with 30/31/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/30. Note that, you should be prepared for something that happened with me when I was trying to RNG my Thunderus- The PID frames can "Stick" and make you hit the same exact PID frame even though you did a variation of 5 or more Chatot calls, and can make it impossible to hit your PID frame. I dont know how common it is, but it happened to me and made it impossible for me to hit my Shiny PID.

Bokk
13th July 2012, 2:58 PM
Hey all, has anyone experienced people leaving Black City/White Forest due to RNGing? I thought they would leave due to constantly changing the date to hit seeds, but I haven't experienced it yet.

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 8:07 PM
since i goofed on my moltres but i still have my heartgold file with one...is it normal after using the elm call search thing keep fluctuating even after i updated it? i kept hitting different seed delays form the seed to time finder? found it strange...I could never hit my acutual delay time that i choose and they match...its either above it or below he delay hit seed time...very strange...do i keep updating if this happens?

edit: omg i so stupid i could used a iv checker :/ was so tired that night i forgot...someone reminded me...

The Eleventh
13th July 2012, 8:36 PM
since i goofed on my moltres but i still have my heartgold file with one...is it normal after using the elm call search thing keep fluctuating even after i updated it? i kept hitting different seed delays form the seed to time finder? found it strange...I could never hit my acutual delay time that i choose and they match...its either above it or below he delay hit seed time...very strange...do i keep updating if this happens?
If you don't hit the delay, then, yes, update EonTimer. If, however, you're only off by two or four, don't bother straight away. If you find you keep hitting slightly off your target, then update EonTimer.

edit: omg i so stupid i could used a iv checker :/ was so tired that night i forgot...someone reminded me...
Or you could talk to the in-game IV checker at the Battle Tower.

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 8:42 PM
If you don't hit the delay, then, yes, update EonTimer. If, however, you're only off by two or four, don't bother straight away. If you find you keep hitting slightly off your target, then update EonTimer.

okay but my target delay was 7036 which i hit above and below all evens 7040, 7042, and the other was 7034 i keep hitting like 4 or less delays down of my target...so if i don't hit it that many times then change it?

The Eleventh
13th July 2012, 8:50 PM
okay but my target delay was 7036 which i hit above and below all evens 7040, 7042, and the other was 7034 i keep hitting like 4 or less delays down of my target...so if i don't hit it that many times then change it?
Yeah. Input the delay you're hitting the most at the moment.

FairyWitch
13th July 2012, 8:52 PM
Yeah. Input the delay you're hitting the most at the moment.

okay thanks ill try that then...

PokemonTrader
13th July 2012, 8:53 PM
I kept doing that on Dialga, it was much easier by the time I got to Giratina. Simply a matter of conditioning.

dewey911p
14th July 2012, 12:17 AM
The PID frames can "Stick" and make you hit the same exact PID frame even though you did a variation of 5 or more Chatot calls, and can make it impossible to hit your PID frame. I dont know how common it is, but it happened to me and made it impossible for me to hit my Shiny PID.

i swear to god this has happened to me on every seed i have tried with Thundurus ~.~ i am using a rebattle code (because when i first came up to Thunudurus i still thought RNG meant Really Nice Girl) and since i have a rebattle code i am also using pokecheck to see the PID i hit and avoid the nasty process of manually finding your SSF. I aim for a high frame, currently using a frame of 9438. This sounds insane, but i let the rain do the advancements for me, all i had to do was figure out how long to stand in the rain. With a frame of 9438 i only need to stand in the rain for about 3 minutes, which is easy thanks to Eon Timer. But no matter what, i keep getting random PID advancements. If i do the same number of chatot flips i always get the same results, but if i try to increase or decrease the number to hit my frame, the number is off horribly. Combine this with Timer0 trolling and i swear Thundurus will be the first pokemon i actually kill. Yet, i am still determined to find a seed that cooperates and i will get this damn Genie (i was even so close as 1 PID frame off one time ARGH!!!)

NoDice
14th July 2012, 1:07 AM
i swear to god this has happened to me on every seed i have tried with Thundurus ~.~ i am using a rebattle code (because when i first came up to Thunudurus i still thought RNG meant Really Nice Girl) and since i have a rebattle code i am also using pokecheck to see the PID i hit and avoid the nasty process of manually finding your SSF. I aim for a high frame, currently using a frame of 9438. This sounds insane, but i let the rain do the advancements for me, all i had to do was figure out how long to stand in the rain. With a frame of 9438 i only need to stand in the rain for about 3 minutes, which is easy thanks to Eon Timer. But no matter what, i keep getting random PID advancements. If i do the same number of chatot flips i always get the same results, but if i try to increase or decrease the number to hit my frame, the number is off horribly. Combine this with Timer0 trolling and i swear Thundurus will be the first pokemon i actually kill. Yet, i am still determined to find a seed that cooperates and i will get this damn Genie (i was even so close as 1 PID frame off one time ARGH!!!)

Wow, thats some real determination there, and not to mention creative use of Eon Timer. All I can really say is that you should just use reporter and let it run through a couple full years and find a lower Seed/PID frame that doesnt require using the timer. Also, if youre capturing him and then using the rebattle code, your Shifting Starting Frame will change each time. Finding your SSF only really works when you keep using one save, since the NPC advancements will be different each time you re-save and walk out to encounter him.

dewey911p
14th July 2012, 2:40 AM
Wow, thats some real determination there, and not to mention creative use of Eon Timer. All I can really say is that you should just use reporter and let it run through a couple full years and find a lower Seed/PID frame that doesnt require using the timer. Also, if youre capturing him and then using the rebattle code, your Shifting Starting Frame will change each time. Finding your SSF only really works when you keep using one save, since the NPC advancements will be different each time you re-save and walk out to encounter him.

hmmm, maybe the NPCs are the issue then. Shouldnt they move in the same path each time though since im using the same seed?

Oh and the reason i have a high frame is because i didnt RNG my ID/SID so i just use what ever i can find :p and my PoS laptop doesnt do searches very well so i dont have a plethora of seeds to choose from either ~.~ (but im still searching any way :p)

EDIT: On second thought, in order for them to do the exact same advancements, they would have to be in the exact same position each and every time i treid to RNG the PID huh? That might explain the random advancements then

NoDice
14th July 2012, 2:57 AM
hmmm, maybe the NPCs are the issue then. Shouldnt they move in the same path each time though since im using the same seed?

Oh and the reason i have a high frame is because i didnt RNG my ID/SID so i just use what ever i can find :p and my PoS laptop doesnt do searches very well so i dont have a plethora of seeds to choose from either ~.~ (but im still searching any way :p)

EDIT: On second thought, in order for them to do the exact same advancements, they would have to be in the exact same position each and every time i treid to RNG the PID huh? That might explain the random advancements then
Yeah, my older computer would practically have a heart attack trying to run RNG Reporter as well... if you cant leave it running overnight or while youre away then Id suggest that you save in the house and try to just re-use the save and use the data you have collected on advances to find your SSF. Either way youre looking at a very long and frustrating process and believe me, Ive done it twice (and NEVER AGAIN).

I think that if you found out what your SSF is without letting the rain advance- which would probably take hitting your seed and catching (5-10 minutes tops each cycle) Thunderus about 15-20 times (do Chatot flips in increments of 5 or 10 each time) since you KNOW how much the rain advances the PID, you would be able to hopefully hit your PID more accurately. So, find SSF without rain advance, let rain advance you from your SSF, and adjust. It could work, but again, using the rain is going to be a huge pain in the ***.

D0M0
14th July 2012, 9:46 AM
When RNGing for breeding, I save in front of the man with the egg ready for me and pause the game asap when I load the game. I also mash the A button to receive the egg right away, and then I'm on my way. Now, today I messed up twice while doing this, and I noticed that when I went to press A the two little pokemon inhabiting the daycare moved around a little bit. I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?

FairyWitch
14th July 2012, 9:54 AM
When RNGing for breeding, I save in front of the man with the egg ready for me and pause the game asap when I load the game. I also mash the A button to receive the egg right away, and then I'm on my way. Now, today I messed up twice while doing this, and I noticed that when I went to press A the two little pokemon inhabiting the daycare moved around a little bit. I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?

yes you need to save in front of the man then set up your time what to hit your time one sec ahead for the load screen figure out your flips then once you do subtract the one you hit without the chatot with the target frame your hitting...after that do the process over except do that number of flips to hit your target../did you figure out your chatot flips yet? cuaz you need to find your number of flips to hit your target?

also thanks dewey and eleventh check the discuss my poke thread i finally got my first 4th gen rng :p

D0M0
14th July 2012, 9:57 AM
did you figure out your chatot flips yet? cuaz you need to find your number of flips to hit your target?
Oh yeah didn't mention that but I take care of chatot flips as well, but as I exit the paused state of the game and go to press A the little pokemon move and that's what I'm wondering about.

FairyWitch
14th July 2012, 9:59 AM
Oh yeah didn't mention that but I take care of chatot flips as well, but as I exit the paused state of the game and go to press A the little pokemon move and that's what I'm wondering about.

tbh i don't think that has nothing to do with that is any of your hatches match your seeds on the main reporter? cuaz if its not then your not hitting your time correctly...

D0M0
14th July 2012, 10:01 AM
tbh i don't think that has nothing to do with that is any of your hatches match your seeds on the finder? cuaz if its not then your not hitting your time correctly...

Perhaps you're right and I was having an off time, I did eventually hit my target, I'll definitely breed again later but for now I'm gonna go catch some goodies.

FairyWitch
14th July 2012, 10:03 AM
Perhaps you're right and I was having an off time, I did eventually hit my target, I'll definitely breed again later but for now I'm gonna go catch some goodies.

yeah when you don't hit your time correctly your seed will be way off and good glad you hit your target :) it happens though our timer0's sometimes like to play games with us....some of my seeds take forever to hit cuaz of awkward key presses or just weird time hits...for example my shiny terrakion im going for is got a weird key press so it may be awhile...

dewey911p
14th July 2012, 5:10 PM
I know that moving NPCs usually advance the frame (for me by 7) but my eggs were totally off, do these moving pokemon have anything to do with it and am I just not pressing A fast enough?

No, those pokemon don't affect your PID frame. if they did, RNGing would be a lot harder. We usually say NPCs will advance your frame, but that's incorrect. If you are new to RNGing its easy to just say NPCs, but the real issue is WNPCs - Wondering NPCs. If there is a NPC in the area that moves, it will not advance your PID frame as long as it moves in a set pattern, like the two daycare pokemon do. If there is a NPC that moves around randomly, those are the ones that affect your PID frame.

FairyWitch
14th July 2012, 6:22 PM
No, those pokemon don't affect your PID frame. if they did, RNGing would be a lot harder. We usually say NPCs will advance your frame, but that's incorrect. If you are new to RNGing its easy to just say NPCs, but the real issue is WNPCs - Wondering NPCs. If there is a NPC in the area that moves, it will not advance your PID frame as long as it moves in a set pattern, like the two daycare pokemon do. If there is a NPC that moves around randomly, those are the ones that affect your PID frame.

yeah i didn't think they affect the rnging at all cuaz its normally has a set pattern so it shouldn't effect anything since its programmed as a normal pattern...im gunna try for articuno now :p

PokemonTrader
14th July 2012, 8:04 PM
Ah Kyogre, that was not fun. Can't help but wonder how much more annoying Rayquaza will be.

RegiGuy
14th July 2012, 9:31 PM
Is it possible for the recent Mewtwo event and the Zekrom/Reshiram event to be shiny in the wonder card?

Kalosian
14th July 2012, 9:44 PM
Is it possible for the recent Mewtwo event and the Zekrom/Reshiram event to be shiny in the wonder card?
No, these Wondercard events can't be shiny.

PokemonTrader
14th July 2012, 9:49 PM
Ugh frame 498 for lowest non synch frame, I hate Rayquaza already

dewey911p
14th July 2012, 11:41 PM
Ugh frame 498 for lowest non synch frame, I hate Rayquaza already

dude, get a sync. download one from pokecheck if there is no other way, but fram 498 is A LOT of elm calls

PokemonTrader
14th July 2012, 11:47 PM
I did 313 on Giratina using Chatots lol God even with synchronize the lowest frame I got for hasty is 368... Rayquaza can go die in a hole somewhere

The Eleventh
14th July 2012, 11:50 PM
I did 313 on Giratina using Chatots lol God even with synchronize the lowest frame I got for hasty is 368... Rayquaza can go die in a hole somewhere
Hasty spreads are severely limited on Gen IV. I went for Naive as an alternative when RNGing Rayquaza.

PokemonTrader
14th July 2012, 11:53 PM
I'm just going to suck it up and do it

The Eleventh
14th July 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm just going to suck it up and do it
What's the IV spread you're going for?

PokemonTrader
14th July 2012, 11:58 PM
Ah best part, I wasn't being picky about which defense stat landed the 30 and the results are still awful lol

PokemonTrader
15th July 2012, 12:21 AM
Curse the person that gave that prick rest

Edit:

4 tries later I finally catch the darn thing, 31/31/30/31/31/31

D0M0
15th July 2012, 3:23 AM

As a general question to anyone, would there happen to be a list of areas without wandering NPCs?

dewey911p
15th July 2012, 3:25 AM
As a general question to anyone, would there happen to be a list of areas without wandering NPCs?

yeah, for black and white check the first post of this thread

PokemonTrader
15th July 2012, 3:32 AM
Is there by chance one for Gen IV?

The Eleventh
15th July 2012, 1:36 PM
Is there by chance one for Gen IV?
There's one for DP here (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dp_npc_guide), though I don't know if that goes for Platinum, too. HGSS don't require knowledge of WNPCs, since Elm/Irwin calls can be used to verify the seed and frame, then Sweet Scent can be used without leaving the menu (and so WNPCs will not advance the frame).

Vandslaux
15th July 2012, 3:36 PM
I am thinking of doing a 3rd attempt for my shiny Timid HP Ice Thundurus, shiny frame 694 (will I need to re-RNG my IDs? I think my PID frame is skipped). Since delays and rain advancements (theoretically) move at the same rate, could I use that to basically hit my frame with the rain? Or is the method of finding my SSF more reliable?

With a rebattle code, could I see how many Chatot flips it takes to get a non-shiny variant, then re-RNG my IDs for that seed, do the same number of Chatot flips, and theoretically get my Thundurus?

dewey911p
15th July 2012, 7:35 PM
I am thinking of doing a 3rd attempt for my shiny Timid HP Ice Thundurus, shiny frame 694 (will I need to re-RNG my IDs? I think my PID frame is skipped). Since delays and rain advancements (theoretically) move at the same rate, could I use that to basically hit my frame with the rain? Or is the method of finding my SSF more reliable?

With a rebattle code, could I see how many Chatot flips it takes to get a non-shiny variant, then re-RNG my IDs for that seed, do the same number of Chatot flips, and theoretically get my Thundurus?

if your PID frame is not possible, and the only way to find that out is the hard way of testing it, then you would either need a new seed or to RNG your ID/SID combo again. If you are going to use a rebattle code, remember that the NPCs will advance the PID frame in a different way each time. This should only throw off your results by a few frames, so if you cn find your SSF ( i recommend pokecheck since you have a rebattle code) you will know generally where to start. from there just find out your new SSF (which should be only a few frames off of your old one) and then do the chatot flips.

Good luck :p

Floette
15th July 2012, 9:49 PM
So when RNG'ing you use Everstone to pass along natures but you do NOT use power items in the hopes of passing along IV's? Is this correct?

Also for RNG'ing do you use two different language pokemon, such as Japanese and English, to increase shiny seeds? (MM - Masuda Method)

I am thinking of RNG'ing a Jolly Shiny Zubat - flawless or near flawless

If it becomes to complicated I will just MM for it normally. But I have never RNG'ed before. I posted here recently, I have read all of the FAQ's, watched all of the beginner videos, and I still don't really get it.

So this is correct:

You measure how far away you are from a shiny/certain IV'd pokemon, and then use chatot calls to get there before collecting an egg from the day care man? What does Sweet Scent have to do with any of this? Is it very difficult to RNG a shiny flawless?

FairyWitch
15th July 2012, 10:52 PM
So when RNG'ing you use Everstone to pass along natures but you do NOT use power items in the hopes of passing along IV's? Is this correct?

Also for RNG'ing do you use two different language pokemon, such as Japanese and English, to increase shiny seeds? (MM - Masuda Method)

I am thinking of RNG'ing a Jolly Shiny Zubat - flawless or near flawless

If it becomes to complicated I will just MM for it normally. But I have never RNG'ed before. I posted here recently, I have read all of the FAQ's, watched all of the beginner videos, and I still don't really get it.

So this is correct:

You measure how far away you are from a shiny/certain IV'd pokemon, and then use chatot calls to get there before collecting an egg from the day care man? What does Sweet Scent have to do with any of this? Is it very difficult to RNG a shiny flawless?

answer for everstones yes you can use and no power items cuaz it messes up the rng process and you will not get what you want...you need to know your normal iv's of both parent to breed....also musada method is included in this so if you are doing it make sure the international is checked as much as if your using ditto which international makes the frames much lower for shinies and faster...sweet scent is for wild that has nothing to do with breeding...thats a seprate category...first of all you need to set your perimeters first of your black or white game by randomly catching a pokemon and recording it the perimeter search box to find your right timer...everyone timer is a bit different...you need to do this first before any rnging with the reporter...the perimeter search is located in the 5th generation time finder where the button on the main reporter named time finder and its the last tab you hit at the end of that screen...

also relax its fine it took me awhile to figure out to rng my first pokemon, and no its not really hard except hitting your seed process but it will come in time you will get the hang of it and you will be hatching shiny eggs in one attempt...i was really confused but once i got it i was a rng machine :p

also question for eleventh, dewey or anyone would like to help with 4th gen rnging should i use method 1 for starters like getting from oak,steven and etc...i wanted to rng some shinies for practice thats why :p i don't really care for the iv's as much cuaz i can just rng them on black and white....

Floette
16th July 2012, 12:10 AM
answer for everstones yes you can use and no power items cuaz it messes up the rng process and you will not get what you want...you need to know your normal iv's of both parent to breed....also musada method is included in this so if you are doing it make sure the international is checked as much as if your using ditto which international makes the frames much lower for shinies and faster...sweet scent is for wild that has nothing to do with breeding...thats a seprate category...first of all you need to set your perimeters first of your black or white game by randomly catching a pokemon and recording it the perimeter search box to find your right timer...everyone timer is a bit different...you need to do this first before any rnging with the reporter...the perimeter search is located in the 5th generation time finder where the button on the main reporter named time finder and its the last tab you hit at the end of that screen...

also relax its fine it took me awhile to figure out to rng my first pokemon, and no its not really hard except hitting your seed process but it will come in time you will get the hang of it and you will be hatching shiny eggs in one attempt...i was really confused but once i got it i was a rng machine :p

also question for eleventh, dewey or anyone would like to help with 4th gen rnging should i use method 1 for starters like getting from oak,steven and etc...i wanted to rng some shinies for practice thats why :p i don't really care for the iv's as much cuaz i can just rng them on black and white..... Thanks for the reply! So.. All I need is a chatot and just plug in the correct info to the RNG reporter?

dewey911p
16th July 2012, 12:30 AM
also question for eleventh, dewey or anyone would like to help with 4th gen rnging should i use method 1 for starters like getting from oak,steven and etc...i wanted to rng some shinies for practice thats why :p i don't really care for the iv's as much cuaz i can just rng them on black and white....

yes, the starters, and all gift pokemon for that matter, are method 1, as are roamers. Pretty much everything else is method K (i feel like i am forgetting something here, so double check a guide or something)

. Thanks for the reply! So.. All I need is a chatot and just plug in the correct info to the RNG reporter?

have you found your parameters yet? First you will need to find your parameters (sweet scent is required for that part). If you already have those then all you have to do is fill in RNG reporter with the pertinent information. This process can be overwhelming at first with so many blank boxes and so much information to supply, but i found Berasfan092's video to be a good tool here since you can pause it and fill it in as he explains it.

Of course you can always post here too and we will be glad to help you as well :)

Floette
16th July 2012, 1:00 AM
Thanks for all the help ^-^

I have decided to stick to MM'ing for now due to personal reasons. But this thread is really cool, lots of smart people over here :)

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 2:47 AM
yes, the starters, and all gift pokemon for that matter, are method 1, as are roamers. Pretty much everything else is method K (i feel like i am forgetting something here, so double check a guide or something)

okay thanks is there like roaming NPC or something cuaz when i hit my delay i did the frame and i had to careful natures but it was really weird the frame i was suppose to hit never hit :/ i know the frame was correct though...somehthing was off...maybe its that thing that you forgot lol...i read the site but didn't give me anything else besides starters are not reccomended for method 1? so i got confused...

also im trying to rng my jolly ho-oh and funny thing is that my delay is 7855 is that a odd and do i have to take my gba cartage out to hit that delay?

edit: i figured out each target has a different starting frame thats why i was off :p figured that one out but not the second question yet...

dewey911p
16th July 2012, 3:14 AM
okay thanks is there like roaming NPC or something cuaz when i hit my delay i did the frame and i had to careful natures but it was really weird the frame i was suppose to hit never hit :/ i know the frame was correct though...somehthing was off...maybe its that thing that you forgot lol...i read the site but didn't give me anything else besides starters are not reccomended for method 1? so i got confused...

also im trying to rng my jolly ho-oh and funny thing is that my delay is 7855 is that a odd and do i have to take my gba cartage out to hit that delay?

edit: i figured out each target has a different starting frame thats why i was off :p figured that one out but not the second question yet...

my bad, as i started reading your post i remembered that i completely forgot to mention the different frames of generation for the starters, but i think that only applies to the starter you get from Elm. Either that or i got really luck when i did Oak's Charmander because it was frame 1 :p

As for the odd delay, it depends on the year you use. for me if i have an even year i will get only odd delays, so if i want an even delay in an even year i need the GBA game in. I dont know if thats the same for everyone, but i believe it is. So if you are using 2012, or any other even year, then you should remove the GBA game, yes.

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 3:17 AM
my bad, as i started reading your post i remembered that i completely forgot to mention the different frames of generation for the starters, but i think that only applies to the starter you get from Elm. Either that or i got really luck when i did Oak's Charmander because it was frame 1 :p

As for the odd delay, it depends on the year you use. for me if i have an even year i will get only odd delays, so if i want an even delay in an even year i need the GBA game in. I dont know if thats the same for everyone, but i believe it is. So if you are using 2012, or any other even year, then you should remove the GBA game, yes.

thanks and its cool i started reading more and found it out :p i was going for squirtle so i had a starting frame of 5 also yes its 2012 so then i have to remove it but the strange thing is all my delay's were in 2012 and this the first odd delay i got :/

Shravanian
16th July 2012, 6:16 AM
Quick question:

I have a Shiny Axew I got from Masuda Method, can I use it's IV's to determine my Secret ID?

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 6:25 AM
Quick question:

I have a Shiny Axew I got from Masuda Method, can I use it's IV's to determine my Secret ID?

the secret id doesn't come from the iv's...it comes from your games normal id...you need to upload any pokemon that you own in your black or white game it to pokecheck.org to figure out your secret id but you can use your shiny to find it though as a deposit as long as its own to you...

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 7:18 AM
My first RNGs were on the musketeer trio, and needless to say they could be better. If I were to use a re-battle action replay code would it mess up my game in any way? and would I be able to RNG them

if you action replay it may make the pokes hacks then but im not sure :/ i would look more throughly on that...you could just restart the game again or have another file on the other version? but you would have to search new perimeters nevermind :/

Too Funk to Druck
16th July 2012, 8:30 AM
Quick question:

Sorry, that only worked in Gen IV if the shiny Pokemon you found was caught randomly in the wild.

D0M0
16th July 2012, 10:03 AM
Idk why I can't hit any frame that RNG calculates now, I'm sure I'm hitting my Timer0, I advance the frame to the calculated amount so I can figure out how to adjust my flips the next time, but the egg I hatch never matches the reporter. Anyone have ideas?

PokemonTrader
16th July 2012, 3:37 PM
Are you factoring in NPC advancements?

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 7:39 PM
Sorry, that only worked in Gen IV if the shiny Pokemon you found was caught randomly in the wild.

wait what? i thought any poke that belongs to you has your secret id for gen V? your secret id changes? he just musada method the shiny on that game...as long as it belongs to him on that game it should give his secret id for that game on pokecheck so he can breed shinies and catch in the wild?...sorry you just confusing me :p lol

The Eleventh
16th July 2012, 7:41 PM
wait what? i thought any poke that belongs to you has your secret id for gen V? your secret i d changes? he just musada method the shiny...as long as it belongs to him on that game it should give his secret id on pokecheck...
On Pokécheck, yes, but in Gen IV, a formula can be used to determine one's SID using a random shiny Pokémon's IVs.

FairyWitch
16th July 2012, 7:44 PM
On Pokécheck, yes, but in Gen IV, a formula can be used to determine one's SID using a random shiny Pokémon's IVs.

oh he just made it sound like it was totally different lol...thanks got it...was confused there at first :p

lm925781
17th July 2012, 7:16 AM
Hey guys I'm trying to RNG in my Black 2, but I've stuck on some weird places.
I've successfully RNGed a Shiny Kyurem(31-29-30-31-31-31, Timid) few days ago so I assume my Timer0 works.

However when I tried to RNG a Shiny Volcarona(31-3-31-31-30-31, Timid) yesterday I failed horribly--No shiny appearance, different IV from which I was told.
I think that's my fault but well, I did my keypress, hit the target time correctly and had my Synchronizer and still I failed to hit the seed for over 50 times.
Can anyone help me to figure out what went wrong? Thanks!
I know how to use chatot pitch but not the report clock arm method.

p.s. Even though BW2 is in sale, why English-communities seldom discuss BW2 RNGs? Only Japanese websites for now?

PokemonTrader
17th July 2012, 4:07 PM
They added a bunch of extra timer0s, anyone is probably fully capable of hitting at least 6 different ones now. Literally nothing to say but keep trying.

lm925781
17th July 2012, 4:47 PM
They added a bunch of extra timer0s, anyone is probably fully capable of hitting at least 6 different ones now. Literally nothing to say but keep trying.

Yeah hope so...
If Nintendo is trying to add more timer0 to make their games more "random-like", I'd say they've succeed deliberately LOL
PS Fustrated 150+ tries and decided to stop BW2 RNGing for a while until English versions(& workable RNG reporters) come up later, the chotot pitch list sucks.

Phoenix_85x
17th July 2012, 6:46 PM
After finally learning how to RNG eggs in BW, i decided to try out gen 4 RNG.
It isn't as hard as i thought, but i still have some problems.
I RNG in HG and use this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154) guide.
Here are the things that i am having problems with:

http://i47.*******.com/ehf9yq.png

I think everything here is correct.
I changed the settings as well.
The minutes before target is 1, should it be that or does it have to be 2?

http://i50.*******.com/swr8t4.png

The things inside the green border/area is what i think are causing the problems.
I have tried several times, but every time i enter the roamers locations in the "search roamer" screen, it either says "No match was found for your roaming pokemons" or marks a seed that is a second earlier than my target time.
I tried by putting seconds at 30 and 20, but i don't think it matters.

Also, the marked seed is my target seed (in the image).

Typhlosion X
17th July 2012, 6:54 PM
After finally learning how to RNG eggs in BW, i decided to try out gen 4 RNG.
It isn't as hard as i thought, but i still have some problems.
I RNG in HG and use this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154) guide.
Here are the things that i am having problems with:

http://i47.*******.com/ehf9yq.png

I think everything here is correct.
I changed the settings as well.
The minutes before target is 1, should it be that or does it have to be 2?

http://i50.*******.com/swr8t4.png

The things inside the green border/area is what i think are causing the problems.
I have tried several times, but every time i enter the roamers locations in the "search roamer" screen, it either says "No match was found for your roaming pokemons" or marks a seed that is a second earlier than my target time.
I tried by putting seconds at 30 and 20, but i don't think it matters.

Also, the marked seed is my target seed (in the image).

I think you seem to have everything right, but man, that's an awfully high delay. Are you sure you're hitting A as soon as the timers in EonTimer hit 0:00? If it's marking stuff at least some of the time on your list then you're doing it right except for hitting A too early or late. I don't really like roamer verification much, since with 3 roamers, the possibilities of two delays having the same locations is high.

Phoenix_85x
17th July 2012, 7:19 PM
I think you seem to have everything right, but man, that's an awfully high delay. Are you sure you're hitting A as soon as the timers in EonTimer hit 0:00? If it's marking stuff at least some of the time on your list then you're doing it right except for hitting A too early or late. I don't really like roamer verification much, since with 3 roamers, the possibilities of two delays having the same locations is high.

Is it a high delay? I thought it was a very low delay.
And yes, i am hitting A at the same time as the timer hits 0:00 (i hope so at least).
If so, then will try out elm/irwin verification, since it seems as good as the roamer one except that it takes slightly more time.
Thanks for the help!

Typhlosion X
17th July 2012, 7:28 PM
2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max), but if you're hitting close to that delay with the wrong seconds (remember it requires precision down to 1/30th of a second for delay so being precise can be difficult), then that delay should be fine to use. No point in setting EonTimer for something else if you can hit close to that one. Also, make sure to KO your roamers if you're going to switch to Elm verification.

Trollestia
17th July 2012, 7:51 PM
I'm using PPRNG 1.12.0, and when I enter in all the information, and then hit Search:
Nothing happens.
Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on with the search? The DS/Game Config asks for my TID and SID, so should I know that for this to work? Any help would be much appreciated.
EDIT: Also, for the time I enter to find my DS's parameters, do I enter the time I selected the game from the DS menu or the time I clicked on my save file to start the game?

The Eleventh
17th July 2012, 7:55 PM
If you're using roamer verification, you should enter the routes they're on (when you saved) in those boxes you have ticks next to. Just turn on the game, make note of the roamer locations, and then save. Then go about hitting your seed. Irwin calls work just as well (Elm calls are too long for my tastes).

2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max)
I use 8000 max. xD

kaorusquee
17th July 2012, 10:15 PM
If I want to RNG Cobalion, do I use the 5th gen standard IVs from the drop down menue, or do I use the pidrng?

Phoenix_85x
17th July 2012, 10:47 PM
2700 is fairly high, in my opinion. I've never actually tried for a delay in that range myself (I usually use 900 max), but if you're hitting close to that delay with the wrong seconds (remember it requires precision down to 1/30th of a second for delay so being precise can be difficult), then that delay should be fine to use. No point in setting EonTimer for something else if you can hit close to that one. Also, make sure to KO your roamers if you're going to switch to Elm verification.

What do you mean with the wrong seconds? If i hit the seed at the wrong seconds, then it won't work at all, right?
And i thought you only had to check off the boxes for the roamers so that the elm calls will work, didn't know that you had to KO them.

If you're using roamer verification, you should enter the routes they're on (when you saved) in those boxes you have ticks next to. Just turn on the game, make note of the roamer locations, and then save. Then go about hitting your seed. Irwin calls work just as well (Elm calls are too long for my tastes).

I use 8000 max. xD

I thought you would only tick those boxes and leave them empty.
Also, does it matter what time i start the game and take note of the roamers?

If I want to RNG Cobalion, do I use the 5th gen standard IVs from the drop down menue, or do I use the pidrng?

I used the standard seed method in the time finder (since i think you are using the main window of the RNG reporter).
I think the PIDRNG option works as well, but the standard seed method is faster.

Typhlosion X
17th July 2012, 11:20 PM
What do you mean with the wrong seconds? If i hit the seed at the wrong seconds, then it won't work at all, right?
And i thought you only had to check off the boxes for the roamers so that the elm calls will work, didn't know that you had to KO them.

I mean if you're getting the right delay or something close to it but your seconds are wrong (and yes, the seed won't work), then you're doing everything right, but you hit A at the wrong time. You're on the right track, just keep trying for the right delay. As you get better with G4, you'll almost never hit the wrong seconds.

If you want to verify with Elm, you need to kill the roamers off because they advance the RNG by 1 for each roamer. Elm calls also advance 1 frame for each call but the chances of any 2 seeds having the same Elm call sequence for 10 calls is way lower than the odds of 2 seeds having the same roamer locations.

Phoenix_85x
18th July 2012, 12:52 AM
I mean if you're getting the right delay or something close to it but your seconds are wrong (and yes, the seed won't work), then you're doing everything right, but you hit A at the wrong time. You're on the right track, just keep trying for the right delay. As you get better with G4, you'll almost never hit the wrong seconds.

If you want to verify with Elm, you need to kill the roamers off because they advance the RNG by 1 for each roamer. Elm calls also advance 1 frame for each call but the chances of any 2 seeds having the same Elm call sequence for 10 calls is way lower than the odds of 2 seeds having the same roamer locations.

Thanks, but i think i will stay with the roamer method for now, since hunting down the roamers and KOing them will take quite some time.
And in gen 5, there is something called actual seconds, isn't there anything like it here? Or does delay replace it? Since isn't actual seconds the time it takes for the delay counter to start?
And when verifying through roamers, do you do it in this order:

Start game (at any time)
Note where roamers are.
Turn game off.
Edit the reporter (with the tick boxes)
hit the seed, wait for timer to beep, etc.
note where the roamers are.
Write in their location in the 'search roamer' screen.
Check if you hit the correct delay.

or in this order:

Hit the seed.
Write in where the roamers are (in the tick boxes)
Write in where the roamers are (in the search roamer screen)

dewey911p
18th July 2012, 12:55 AM

what? dont kill the roamers. The roamer method of verification and the elm call method of verification are not two seperate methods, they should be used in tandum. If the roamers advance your frame by 3, you know to start looking on frame 4. Better yet, RNG reporter will take care of that for you and skip the elm calls when you search for them. If your not very good/expericanced with gen 4 RNGing then i would recommend using elm calls to verify (well, actually i agree with Speed, Irwin is much better, and faster). After you get good though, you may prefer to just use the roamers, which is what i do. After awhile, you will know you are close and you wont want to waste time calling anyone 10 times when you know you are close already.

As for repeating roamer sequences, thats not really an issue because of all the route and possibilities. With 3 roamers you really wont have to worry about that. However, the roamers will appear on the same route, for the same delay, regardless of the seconds. So, for example, if your delay is 1000 and the roamers are are routes R: 33 E: 30 L: 4 and your time is 12:40:39, the roamers will still be on the same routes even if your time is 12:40:40 or :12:40:38, as long as your delay is still 1000 anyway.

EDIT:

Thanks, but i think i will stay with the roamer method for now, since hunting down the roamers and KOing them will take quite some time.
And in gen 5, there is something called actual seconds, isn't there anything like it here? Or does delay replace it? Since isn't actual seconds the time it takes for the delay counter to start?
And when verifying through roamers, do you do it in this order:

Start game (at any time)
Note where roamers are. (Save)
Turn game off.
Edit the reporter (with the tick boxes)
hit the seed, wait for timer to beep, etc.
note where the roamers are.
Write in their location in the 'search roamer' screen.

thats right, just a little change in bold

Phoenix_85x
18th July 2012, 2:22 AM
what? dont kill the roamers. The roamer method of verification and the elm call method of verification are not two seperate methods, they should be used in tandum. If the roamers advance your frame by 3, you know to start looking on frame 4. Better yet, RNG reporter will take care of that for you and skip the elm calls when you search for them. If your not very good/expericanced with gen 4 RNGing then i would recommend using elm calls to verify (well, actually i agree with Speed, Irwin is much better, and faster). After you get good though, you may prefer to just use the roamers, which is what i do. After awhile, you will know you are close and you wont want to waste time calling anyone 10 times when you know you are close already.

As for repeating roamer sequences, thats not really an issue because of all the route and possibilities. With 3 roamers you really wont have to worry about that. However, the roamers will appear on the same route, for the same delay, regardless of the seconds. So, for example, if your delay is 1000 and the roamers are are routes R: 33 E: 30 L: 4 and your time is 12:40:39, the roamers will still be on the same routes even if your time is 12:40:40 or :12:40:38, as long as your delay is still 1000 anyway.

That explains what '(K, P, E skipped)' means.
In the guide i use, it says 'Make sure your Seed To Time window has the correct active roamers checked off as not doing so will mess up the search', but i need to have the active roamer boxes checked so that the skipped calls will be displayed.

Didn't know that the roamers are affected by delay and not time. thanks for the help!

Also, in gen 4, PID frames and IV frames are the same frame, right? unlike gen 5 where you have to hit the seed for IV frames and chatter up for the PID frame.

dewey911p
18th July 2012, 2:56 AM
That explains what '(K, P, E skipped)' means.
In the guide i use, it says 'Make sure your Seed To Time window has the correct active roamers checked off as not doing so will mess up the search', but i need to have the active roamer boxes checked so that the skipped calls will be displayed.

Didn't know that the roamers are affected by delay and not time. thanks for the help!

Also, in gen 4, PID frames and IV frames are the same frame, right? unlike gen 5 where you have to hit the seed for IV frames and chatter up for the PID frame.

yup, IVs and PID are tied together. This means that if you want a good shiny spread for wild pokemon you need to abuse your ID/SID combo.

Phoenix_85x
18th July 2012, 3:52 AM
yup, IVs and PID are tied together. This means that if you want a good shiny spread for wild pokemon you need to abuse your ID/SID combo.

Good thing ID/SID won't affect RNGing in gen 5.
I will just stay with RNGing shiny eggs and RNGing wild non-shiny pokemons.

Typhlosion X
18th July 2012, 4:52 AM
I don't know how many of us do Emerald RNG (I don't), but Hozu found out something pretty interesting earlier. Apparently you can use the Replay in the Frontier Pass to force a certain PRNG frame.

You could advance a million frames (takes a while on a retail cart), get into a battle in a Battle Frontier facility, and save it on your pass. This would lock that frame into the replay. You could turn the game off and on to reset the frame count, watch the replay and end it before the first turn of replay starts, and you'd skip a million frames. It's sort of like a save state for retail carts. If you wanted to do a high frame RNG, you could use this to advance a little at a time and save a bunch of time when you want to do a project. Advancing frames on retail in the first place still sucks though.

Hozu said this works because the PRNG doesn't advance in Battle Frontier battles like in normal battles, and the PRNG stands still from when the replay starts to switch to the battle screen up till the first turn starts.

EDIT: Darn, Hozu ninja'd from Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4323513&postcount=942

FairyWitch
18th July 2012, 6:36 AM

the actual main reporter is pidrng for the time finder standard seed iv...

edit: also if i want to find a good id for flawless hp shinies i use the pandora box? also does it go through for all seeds or just one seed? do i have do that all over again for each certian flawless hp power?...also i think i may try to attempt rng breeding for 4th gen now...tips on starting..

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 3:59 PM
I don't know how many of us do Emerald RNG (I don't), but Hozu found out something pretty interesting earlier. Apparently you can use the Replay in the Frontier Pass to force a certain PRNG frame.

You could advance a million frames (takes a while on a retail cart), get into a battle in a Battle Frontier facility, and save it on your pass. This would lock that frame into the replay. You could turn the game off and on to reset the frame count, watch the replay and end it before the first turn of replay starts, and you'd skip a million frames. It's sort of like a save state for retail carts. If you wanted to do a high frame RNG, you could use this to advance a little at a time and save a bunch of time when you want to do a project. Advancing frames on retail in the first place still sucks though.

Hozu said this works because the PRNG doesn't advance in Battle Frontier battles like in normal battles, and the PRNG stands still from when the replay starts to switch to the battle screen up till the first turn starts.

EDIT: Darn, Hozu ninja'd from Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4323513&postcount=942
Ooh, this is exciting. It's amazing how RNG techniques are still being discovered. It gives hope in some ways.

Vandslaux
18th July 2012, 4:49 PM
How many frames does each pokemon movement advance in the Entralink? 1? I've read somewhere that NPC movements are 1 each, but I'm not sure. I want to RNG the recent Porygon event and the less recent Arceus event.

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 5:01 PM
How many frames does each pokemon movement advance in the Entralink? 1? I've read somewhere that NPC movements are 1 each, but I'm not sure. I want to RNG the recent Porygon event and the less recent Arceus event.
Send the Pokémon you don't want to RNG to the Deepest Clearing, so you won't have to run into them in when RNGing Porygon. Arceus is at the back of the Entree Forest, so I think you'll have to pass by other Pokémon (send them away from Arceus). However, this shouldn't make much of a difference, since they'll advance the same amount if you stay in their section of the forest for the same amount of time during each successful RNG attempt (just hold down Up and B to run quickly into the next part of the forest as soon as the screen goes black to load the forest).

I don't know if that makes sense. I'm trying to recall if Arceus is in the Deepest Clearing, or if its location is separate to that.

Or, you could just have an empty forest for Arceus.

Why doesn't Europe have the Porygon event yet? D:

Vandslaux
18th July 2012, 5:08 PM
So as long as they don't do something ridiculous like 4 movements, I'll be fine and still hit my desired nature? Arceus is in the 3rd clearing from the front. I haven't actually befriended the Porygon on the DW/typed in the code, so I don't know where it appears. For me, they can do 3 movements at worst. 2 at best.

I'm thinking I should either do Arceus before bringing back Porygon, or RNG Porygon before Arceus, since Porygon will probably appear in the first clearing?

FairyWitch
18th July 2012, 8:06 PM
i think you guys missed my question by accident about getting a good id and secret id for flawless certain hp shinies...do i have to use pandora's box thing for that and also do i have to do for each certain hp seed? or once i get that one id i should be fine for my whole hg and ss game...

also terrkion's key presses are so annoying :/ its a select-B-L key press and its awkward as heck and i keep not hitting my seed cuaz of it any suggestions? I may just have to lower one iv on it or something cuaz its quite hard to hit...i already checked different dates thats the only one with a straight flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 iv's....

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 9:26 PM
i think you guys missed my question by accident about getting a good id and secret id for flawless certain hp shinies...do i have to use pandora's box thing for that and also do i have to do for each certain hp seed? or once i get that one id i should be fine for my whole hg and ss game...
I don't know what you mean.

So as long as they don't do something ridiculous like 4 movements, I'll be fine and still hit my desired nature? Arceus is in the 3rd clearing from the front. I haven't actually befriended the Porygon on the DW/typed in the code, so I don't know where it appears. For me, they can do 3 movements at worst. 2 at best.
You can send the Pokémon to the Deepest Clearing, and they won't interfere with the PID frame when RNGing Arceus, since the Deepest Clearing is separate to Arceus' location (I think), and you won't have to pass them.

You can do Arceus or Porygon first, since Porygon could be moved to the Deepest Clearing with the other Pokémon, and then brought back to the Forest Clearing separately.

Trollestia
18th July 2012, 9:26 PM
I'm using PPRNG 1.12.0, and when I enter in all the information, and then hit Search:
Nothing happens.
Does anybody have any idea as to what's going on with the search? The DS/Game Config asks for my TID and SID, so should I know that for this to work? Any help would be much appreciated.
EDIT: Also, for the time I enter to find my DS's parameters, do I enter the time I selected the game from the DS menu or the time I clicked on my save file to start the game?
Hey, if anybody could answer this question, it'd be a huge help.

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 9:35 PM
Hey, if anybody could answer this question, it'd be a huge help.
I don't know anything about PPRNG, though I can answer your last question. You should enter the time you selected the game from the DS menu.

Just make sure you're not pressing any buttons at all until the Nintendo logo appears. Where are you using Sweet Scent to find your parameters?

FairyWitch
18th July 2012, 10:04 PM
I don't know what you mean.

You can send the Pokémon to the Deepest Clearing, and they won't interfere with the PID frame when RNGing Arceus, since the Deepest Clearing is separate to Arceus' location (I think), and you won't have to pass them.

You can do Arceus or Porygon first, since Porygon could be moved to the Deepest Clearing with the other Pokémon, and then brought back to the Forest Clearing separately.

like for example if i want a flawless hp grass shiny moltres i need to find a good id for it to be flawless right but on the pandora box it says it searchs or something by one seed? so i was wondering does one good id/sid for that one flawless poke go for account for the whole game as flawless for shinies and etc...since you have to have a good id/sid for good shiny flalwess pokes on 4th gen...

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 10:20 PM
like for example if i want a flawless hp grass shiny moltres i need to find a good id for it to be flawless right but on the pandora box it says it searchs or something by one seed? so i was wondering does one good id/sid for that one flawless poke go for account for the whole game as flawless for shinies and etc...since you have to have a good id/sid for good shiny flalwess pokes on 4th gen...
I still don't understand. If you RNG your ID/SID for a shiny HP Grass seed, then you can RNG shiny Pokémon using that same seed.

Trollestia
18th July 2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know anything about PPRNG, though I can answer your last question. You should enter the time you selected the game from the DS menu.

Just make sure you're not pressing any buttons at all until the Nintendo logo appears. Where are you using Sweet Scent to find your parameters?

I saved in front of Volcarona, I didn't use Sweet Scent. I might have pressed buttons before the Nintendo logo appeared, so I'll try it again and see what happens.

The Eleventh
18th July 2012, 11:36 PM
I saved in front of Volcarona, I didn't use Sweet Scent. I might have pressed buttons before the Nintendo logo appeared, so I'll try it again and see what happens.
Volcarona's fine. You may have found your problem, then.

Trollestia
18th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Volcarona's fine. You may have found your problem, then.

No, I just did it again with Darmanitan and PPRNG still doesn't give me a seed and parameters when I hit Search. `\0_o/`

Vandslaux
19th July 2012, 3:00 AM
What encounter slots is Riolu at Sangi Ranch?

SakuraLatias
19th July 2012, 3:41 AM
What encounter slots is Riolu at Sangi Ranch?

For BOTH B2/W2, 8 and 10.

Btw, its under "Location 45". Scroll it to the right, then you'll see Riolu at encounter slot 8 (Lv. 5), and slot 10. (Lv. 7)

Vandslaux
19th July 2012, 7:21 AM
I still can't calibrate my W2. Is there a particular method required? B/W2 haven't been implemented into RNG Reporter yet. I have the following filled in to the Parameter Finder:

Version: White Version (Japanese)
DS Type: Original/Lite
DS MAC Address: my mac address
Timer0: C60 - CA0

Is Route 20 good? I've stopped the one stoppable NPC, the other being my unstoppable rival in the doubles grass.

I'm using the same method I used to calibrate my White.

SakuraLatias
19th July 2012, 7:31 AM
I still can't calibrate my W2. Is there a particular method required? B/W2 haven't been implemented into RNG Reporter yet. I have the following filled in to the Parameter Finder:

Version: White Version (Japanese)
DS Type: Original/Lite
DS MAC Address: my mac address
Timer0: C60 - CA0

Is Route 20 good? I've stopped the one stoppable NPC, the other being my unstoppable rival in the doubles grass.

I'm using the same method I used to calibrate my White.

Download the latest "alpha" of the RNG Reporter. I think its 13. x3

Cyclone
19th July 2012, 7:44 AM
I was just yelled at by a mod in the wifi chat for discussing RNGing. so why is this thread still active, and why does Serebii care that GameFreak announced RNGing is cheating (DUH it's cheating!) that now we can't discuss RNGing which EVERYBODY does?

Hozu
19th July 2012, 8:06 AM
I was just yelled at by a mod in the wifi chat for discussing RNGing. so why is this thread still active, and why does Serebii care that GameFreak announced RNGing is cheating (DUH it's cheating!) that now we can't discuss RNGing which EVERYBODY does?
Source please.

Infiltrator
19th July 2012, 8:08 AM

Where was this? When was this? Do you have a link to where they said this?

SkittyOnWailord
19th July 2012, 8:27 AM

Hello. I've never gone on the Wi-Fi chat so I can't say much about it. But discussing and using RNG is definately not against the rules of this site. There's even a whole thread dedicated to RNG'd Pokemon in the trade forum. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?560510-RNG-Trading-Thread) If you really were "yelled at" by a Wi-Fi chat mod for just discussing RNGing and not anything like save states or finding out your SID via a cheating device (which are against the rules here) then I would recommend reporting that mod to one of the SMods or Admins here. Preferably with some kind of proof of the conversation like a screenshot or log.

But either way, this thread isn't the place for discussion about what a mod does or doesn't do. That kind of thing should be discussing via PMs.

Vandslaux
19th July 2012, 2:49 PM
So my problem was that I was trying to calibrate with 9.96?

Edit: Finally, a result!

Kitara
19th July 2012, 3:19 PM
A 4th gen rng question for capturing a wild pokemon, method k. When it says Required Lead synchonize, does the synchronizer have to have a specific nature or just the ability?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 3:21 PM
A 4th gen rng question for capturing a wild pokemon, method k. When it says Required Lead synchonize, does the synchronizer have to have a specific nature or just the ability?
Synchronize only relates to nature, so the lead with Synchronize must have the nature you desire for your target.

Kitara
19th July 2012, 3:27 PM
Just to make sure I understand, so if the seed and frame says Rash under nature, with synchonize lead, does the synchronizer have to be rash, or can it be anything? Sorry if this seems repetitive, but I want to be sure and know if I need to go catch the correct synchronizer. (I don't really care about the nature of what I'm catching; it's just to get the shiny)

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 3:28 PM
Just to make sure I understand, so if the seed and frame says Rash under nature, with synchonize lead, does the synchronizer have to be rash, or can it be anything? Sorry if this seems repetitive, but I want to be sure and know if I need to go catch the correct synchronizer. (I don't really care about the nature of what I'm catching; it's just to get the shiny)
It must be Rash.

Kitara
19th July 2012, 3:31 PM
Alright. Thank you!

Vandslaux
19th July 2012, 4:28 PM
I've found 3 of my 5 Timer0s. I'm going to attempt to RNG my IDs for a flawless spread on slot 8/10 for 2 reasons:

1. I want to easily find a spread that will allow me to catch a team pokemon, Riolu
2. I have no other way of finding my SID

It's the same as B/W, right?

FairyWitch
19th July 2012, 6:43 PM
I still don't understand. If you RNG your ID/SID for a shiny HP Grass seed, then you can RNG shiny Pokémon using that same seed.

have you used pandora's box for 4th gen to get a good id/sid at all? im confused by what they are saying in the forth gen forum section on smogon page of how to use it thats what im applying to but talking about but wondering that that id gives me all good flawless seeds shiny in general (they were saying you use one seed to find the id that matches your target flawless spread you want?)...short term can a good id/sid give flawless shinies results no matter what hp you want in any nature for 4th generation?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 6:45 PM
have you used pandora's box for 4th gen to get a good id/sid at all? im confused by what they are saying in the forth gen forum section of how to use it thats what im applying to but talking about but wondering that that id gives me all good flawless seeds shiny...short term can a good id/sid give flawless shinies results no matter what hp you want in any nature?
Absolutely not. You only RNG your ID/SID for one particular nature and Hidden Power (one seed).

FairyWitch
19th July 2012, 7:04 PM
Absolutely not. You only RNG your ID/SID for one particular nature and Hidden Power (one seed).

so practicaly you be restarting your game alot for different seeds then got it...thanks :)

is there a way that i can more decent shiny rng's for wild not really flawless but pretty close for them and not keep restarting the game twenty thousand times for a good shiny rng on one game data? if not then oh well...

kaorusquee
19th July 2012, 7:38 PM
Question on the rng reporter. Is 9.96 alpha the one I want to use when trying to rng black/ white 2?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 7:48 PM
Question on the rng reporter. Is 9.96 alpha the one I want to use when trying to rng black/ white 2?
9.96 Alpha 12 and up support BW2, but you'd be best off downloading the latest version here (http://bit.ly/NvU8cC).

kaorusquee
19th July 2012, 7:54 PM
Ah, got it. Thank you!!

FairyWitch
19th July 2012, 8:31 PM
9.96 Alpha 12 and up support BW2, but you'd be best off downloading the latest version here (http://bit.ly/NvU8cC).

dang my reporters old its 9.95 D: alright you think i should wait to download that for the game cuaz its like 3 months to being out were i live cuaz i still need to pre-order my game...i think they may have a newer version by then right?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 8:48 PM
dang my reporters old its 9.95 D: alright you think i should wait to download that for the game cuaz its like 3 months to being out were i live cuaz i still need to pre-order my game...i think they may have a newer version by then right?
Why don't you just download the latest versions as they come out? It doesn't take very long. :P

FairyWitch
19th July 2012, 8:56 PM
Why don't you just download the latest versions as they come out? It doesn't take very long. :P

the problem is i never know when they do come out lol...ill just wait a bit then redownload the new one...plus i don't like doing the perimeter search again...need to find the paper i have my black versions stuff to get the right timer again lol...well all i have left is the roamers now on my soulsilver game D:...that will be my final test...then breeding cuaz i really still want to learn anyway eventhough the black and white 2 is coming soon...

EmiiLava
19th July 2012, 10:22 PM
Hi, i'm trying to RNG a near-flawless gamecorner dratini. Can you spot anything in the picture below why I might be hitting frames so far away or it coming up with no matches found on the "search elm calls"? Thank you 4 ur time.
-Emii(aka lavaburst14)

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/lavaburst14/wrong.png

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 10:43 PM
Try expanding your possible hits to +/- 1 (second) and +/- 100 (delay). See if you can find any results then.

EmiiLava
19th July 2012, 11:23 PM
Try expanding your possible hits to +/- 1 (second) and +/- 100 (delay). See if you can find any results then.

Is there anything wrong with my eontimer settings?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 11:26 PM
Is there anything wrong with my eontimer settings?
There's nothing glaringly wrong, though the calibrated delay must be incorrect if you're not hitting anything near your target. Just try and find what you're hitting by expanding the aforementioned search, and update EonTimer.

EmiiLava
19th July 2012, 11:44 PM
There's nothing glaringly wrong, though the calibrated delay must be incorrect if you're not hitting anything near your target. Just try and find what you're hitting by expanding the aforementioned search, and update EonTimer.

How do I get my calibrated delay? It said on the guide I use to set the calibrated delay as 600 always and the calibrated seconds as 14 always or is that wrong?

The Eleventh
19th July 2012, 11:51 PM
How do I get my calibrated delay? It said on the guide I use to set the calibrated delay as 600 always and the calibrated seconds as 14 always or is that wrong?
Calibrated delay varies between users, though seconds are usually the same (fourteen). Do what I mentioned in my previous post to find your calibrated delay (EonTimer will update it when you enter the delay you hit, which you'll find from expanding your search parameters).

Ashiya
20th July 2012, 2:49 AM
Id like to announce that I FINALLY after spending the last few hours since I woke up. Can now rng shiny egg pokemons :3 just hatched my first shiny charmander, it was off by 2 PID's but now that I know how to fix it I can go for the Timid I was originally after

FairyWitch
20th July 2012, 4:31 AM

when rnging if your off i normally just re calibrate my calibrated delay for hg and ss it said you need to start at 490 i keep updating it until i get close to find it where i can hit it no problem...see where your hitting and then plug in and update the delay the hit...its starting calibrated delay different then what your use to for platinum,diamond and pearl if i remember you know how to do :)

Spektor
20th July 2012, 5:11 AM
So, I was directed towards this thread by a nice fellow on the forum. I was interested in trying to RNG shiny eggs on my soul silver and hg. I have a 3DS and a normal DS, using a Macbook running on OSX Lion. I can't seem to find an RNG Reporter so I can even start to understand the Process. I need my PID too :/

I did download a ZomgTimer though...

Can anyone help out?

The Eleventh
20th July 2012, 2:07 PM
So, I was directed towards this thread by a nice fellow on the forum. I was interested in trying to RNG shiny eggs on my soul silver and hg. I have a 3DS and a normal DS, using a Macbook running on OSX Lion. I can't seem to find an RNG Reporter so I can even start to understand the Process. I need my PID too :/

I did download a ZomgTimer though...

Can anyone help out?
You'll need PPRNG if you're RNGing on a Mac. There's a post with a download link here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102901). I'm sure there are guides out there for it, but I'm not familiar with it.