PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

FairyWitch
20th July 2012, 6:46 PM
you know what i thought wouldn't you think having the roamers still out help verify your delay seed for breeding? it may be easier to know what your on for 4th gen heartgold and soulsilver? :o or am i wrong?

Vandslaux
20th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Afte 2 days, I finally RNGed my IDs in White 2, so my ID is 00000 and I know my SID.

Note to anybody whom is attempting B/W2 RNG, my Timer0's and my most frequent Timer0 match chiizu's results for White 2 if it helps, as well as my VCount, but not my VFrame.

And Eeveelover, I usually use a IV frame of 11 and verify with Elm calls.

FairyWitch
20th July 2012, 11:57 PM
Afte 2 days, I finally RNGed my IDs in White 2, so my ID is 00000 and I know my SID.

Note to anybody whom is attempting B/W2 RNG, my Timer0's and my most frequent Timer0 match chiizu's results for White 2 if it helps, as well as my VCount, but not my VFrame.

And Eeveelover, I usually use a IV frame of 11 and verify with Elm calls.

okay thanks when i got off i thought about that lol...

virizionx86
21st July 2012, 1:43 AM
How do you manipulate RNG so that your 2-5 hit moves always hit 5 times? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Typhlosion X
21st July 2012, 3:45 AM
How do you manipulate RNG so that your 2-5 hit moves always hit 5 times? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
Battle RNG? None of us know and probably won't ever know. Only the RNG research people know how, and it's not information that is to be given out lightly for obvious reasons. If people knew how, they could always win speed ties, get a crit every hit, always hit 5 times without Skill Link, never get koed because of Focus Band, etc., etc. It wouldn't be any fun to play against people who could.

Kitara
21st July 2012, 4:01 AM
So I've decided to try and rng shiny unown, one of each shape, in hgss. All the unown are unlocked. I found this (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation) article on how the shapes are generated. BUT I have started rnging, and while I get the shiny where I'm supposed to, the shapes are wrong. I got a G instead of an A, and an F instead of a B (but previously I got an F when I expected an F). Is the article outdated or something? Is there a different way that soul silver determines unown shape? Any help would be much appreciated.

(Also, I caught the second F, so if anyone wants a shiny unown F with a 31 Attack and not much else, let me know.)

Edit: nevermind, it turns out I was converting the Seed instead of the PID :P. Alrighty, let's try this again.

Vandslaux
21st July 2012, 4:17 AM
It was written for DP, but there was no change in PID generation between DP and HGSS.

I would try to help, but I don't understand binary and even after reading the article, it just made my head hurt. It's probably you.

Anyways, I have a problem as well. I'm looking for an encounter slot 8/10, flawless synchable shiny spread so that I can easily RNG a shiny Riolu and shiny flawless legendaries. I have on 3 keypresses, but it's 75% done searching and I still haven't found anything. My max shiny advances is set at 700. If this doesn't work, any suggestions on how to make it find something? Higher shiny advances? I can just try to use Chatot calls to verify.

dewey911p
21st July 2012, 5:05 AM
google has all the answers until you need something specific ~.~ that or im having bad google luck this evening. I am trying to RNG my ID/SID on Platinum and i just cant figure out when to hit the A button. In HG/SS it was A to launch the game at the end of the first timer and A to shrink down at the end of the second timer, but for platinum im lost. All of the guides i have come across are for HG/SS (which is ironic because when i first started HG/SS all i could find was Platinum guides, and now i cant find them again). I assume you hit A to launch the game at the end of the first Timer and i have heard you hit A at the end of the TV report for the second timer, but at what point exactly? Before the last line of text, or to close the TV screen and start the text? Also, my seconds seem to be WAY off, by about 14- 33 (wtf), is that normal? in HG/SS the standard was a 3 second delay, is there a set delay like that for platinum? I have RNGed my ID/SID in HG/SS at least a half dozen times, so i know what to do for the most part, its just when to hit A at the end of the second timer ...

Typhlosion X
21st July 2012, 5:23 AM
google has all the answers until you need something specific ~.~ that or im having bad google luck this evening. I am trying to RNG my ID/SID on Platinum and i just cant figure out when to hit the A button. In HG/SS it was A to launch the game at the end of the first timer and A to shrink down at the end of the second timer, but for platinum im lost. All of the guides i have come across are for HG/SS (which is ironic because when i first started HG/SS all i could find was Platinum guides, and now i cant find them again). I assume you hit A to launch the game at the end of the first Timer and i have heard you hit A at the end of the TV report for the second timer, but at what point exactly? Before the last line of text, or to close the TV screen and start the text? Also, my seconds seem to be WAY off, by about 14- 33 (wtf), is that normal? in HG/SS the standard was a 3 second delay, is there a set delay like that for platinum? I have RNGed my ID/SID in HG/SS at least a half dozen times, so i know what to do for the most part, its just when to hit A at the end of the second timer ...
Yeah, you're supposed to hit A to boot from the DS Menu at the end of the first timer (or soft reset, I prefer hard reset), and you're supposed to close the TV screen at the end of the second timer, that's when your ID/SID is determined.

Pidj
21st July 2012, 12:35 PM
Hi, I'm new to RNG'ing and need some help.

First, I have calibrated my 3DS (I am using RNG Reporter 9.95) and have successfully hit seeds for wild capture for the IV spread I'm looking for using the non C-Gear method. However I am having some issues with advancing frames. I believe I am doing this right but I'll explain more shortly. I have also started trying to RNG eggs but I am really struggling with this - I can't seem to even hit the seeds for the IV spread.

Wild Capture:
- I am aiming to RNG a Calm Jellicent with it's Water Absorb ability and my chosen IV spread seed. I have chosen to RNG it in Route 17.
- I have successfully hit the seed for the IV spread on most occasions that I try to hit it but the initial frame is for a Rash Jellicent.
- So I try to advance the number of frames using the Customer Chatter Chatot method I have read about but when I try this I am not even hitting the IV spread I'm looking for. For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.

Breeding
- I am having severe trouble here even hitting the seed for the IV spread so I'll explain what I'm doing: I am using a flawless Ditto and a male Conkeldurr with the egg moves I want that is also holding an everstone for Brave nature.
- I use the time finder in the RNG reporter to search for 5th gen eggs. I specify the IV's of the Ditto and the Conk. Specify that there is a Ditto parent and that an everstone is being used. I then generate the seds, select the one I want and copy/paste it in to the main screen. Select BW breeding, and specify a ditto parent and Generate there too. I've also worked out the initial frame and my target frame to work out the number of advances I may need to do.
- I then set up my 3DS and game with me saved stood directly in front of the daycare man. Hit (I think, because I don't seem to have hit it yet!) the seed and take the egg. I've tried advancing the frames but as I'm struggling to get the IV's anyway I thought I'd just take the egg to check the IVs.
- I then hatch the egg, usually by cycling up to Nimbasa and then cycling on the bridges there. Once it hatches I check the IVs approximately with the Battle Subway guy and... I got nothing!!!

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong with either of these? If you need more information just ask :)

Thanks to anyone that can help me!

The Eleventh
21st July 2012, 1:08 PM
For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.
Since you're not getting the correct IVs, it simply seems that your timer0 is trolling you. Just keep at it and you should hit your seed.

Breeding
- I am having severe trouble here even hitting the seed for the IV spread so I'll explain what I'm doing: I am using a flawless Ditto and a male Conkeldurr with the egg moves I want that is also holding an everstone for Brave nature.
- I use the time finder in the RNG reporter to search for 5th gen eggs. I specify the IV's of the Ditto and the Conk. Specify that there is a Ditto parent and that an everstone is being used. I then generate the seds, select the one I want and copy/paste it in to the main screen. Select BW breeding, and specify a ditto parent and Generate there too. I've also worked out the initial frame and my target frame to work out the number of advances I may need to do.
- I then set up my 3DS and game with me saved stood directly in front of the daycare man. Hit (I think, because I don't seem to have hit it yet!) the seed and take the egg. I've tried advancing the frames but as I'm struggling to get the IV's anyway I thought I'd just take the egg to check the IVs.
- I then hatch the egg, usually by cycling up to Nimbasa and then cycling on the bridges there. Once it hatches I check the IVs approximately with the Battle Subway guy and... I got nothing!!!
Again, the problem is likely just your timer0. You should see if the egg matches up with any of the nearby PID frames displayed in the main window by checking its IVs. If it does not, then your timer0 is probably what's putting you off. There's no way to avoid this, so you'll have to keep trying.

Pidj
21st July 2012, 1:24 PM
Since you're not getting the correct IVs, it simply seems that your timer0 is trolling you. Just keep at it and you should hit your seed.

Again, the problem is likely just your timer0. You should see if the egg matches up with any of the nearby PID frames displayed in the main window by checking its IVs. If it does not, then your timer0 is probably what's putting you off. There's no way to avoid this, so you'll have to keep trying.

Thanks for getting back to me. It's encouraging that I don't seem to be doing much wrong. Is there anything I can do if I keep getting trolled? Perhaps look at my DS parameters again?

The Eleventh
21st July 2012, 1:32 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. It's encouraging that I don't seem to be doing much wrong. Is there anything I can do if I keep getting trolled? Perhaps look at my DS parameters again?
If you find that your timer0 is continuously off, then change the timer0 value in your parameters to the other value you might have found when getting your parameters. If you didn't encounter another timer0, then find your parameters again to try to encounter it. There's only need to do this if you can't hit your seed repeatedly.

Vandslaux
21st July 2012, 3:16 PM
Hi, I'm new to RNG'ing and need some help.

First, I have calibrated my 3DS (I am using RNG Reporter 9.95) and have successfully hit seeds for wild capture for the IV spread I'm looking for using the non C-Gear method. However I am having some issues with advancing frames. I believe I am doing this right but I'll explain more shortly. I have also started trying to RNG eggs but I am really struggling with this - I can't seem to even hit the seeds for the IV spread.

Wild Capture:
- I am aiming to RNG a Calm Jellicent with it's Water Absorb ability and my chosen IV spread seed. I have chosen to RNG it in Route 17.
- I have successfully hit the seed for the IV spread on most occasions that I try to hit it but the initial frame is for a Rash Jellicent.
- So I try to advance the number of frames using the Customer Chatter Chatot method I have read about but when I try this I am not even hitting the IV spread I'm looking for. For example I have worked out that I needed to advance the frame 11 times so immediately after the season screen has passed I spam X and then switch between the summary screens for my 2 Chatots with a custom chatter 11 times. After I have done this I then sweet scent and capture. I then get an awful IV spread and a random nature.

Breeding

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong with either of these? If you need more information just ask :)

Thanks to anyone that can help me!

2 potential problems:

1. Your PID frame isn't 12, right? You're looking at the initial PID frame, right?

2. I think there's NPCs at Route 17.

Spektor
21st July 2012, 4:50 PM
Hey there guys, new to the rng thing and Im having trouble getting my PID. Anyone that would be kind enough to help me out. I would appreciate it :)

FairyWitch
21st July 2012, 5:35 PM
okay im getting really annoyed that i can't hit my target frame i took the target frame they gave me - the actual frame im trying to hit....the strange thing is when i keep doing the flips i never hit the seed :/ i know im hitting the time and presses right but i never hit my frame for the shiny or the iv's? i didn't have this much trouble at all with virizion or cobalion...i know i subtracted right too...you think my timer is acting funny or maybe my key presses are just to hard to hit cuaz its a Select-B-L hit...

Pidj
21st July 2012, 5:46 PM
OK I've looked into the wild Jellicent capture a bit more closely when I'm not hitting it and I believe I have found out what is going on. The actual seconds for the Jellicent I'm hitting is actually 7 seconds rather than the normal 8 here. Could this be due to the NPC or am I jsut getting trolled? I have hit this seed before with the expected 8 second difference. Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I've just checked by taking that seed and sticking it in to the main screen of the RNG reporter and I'm not happy I can do Chatot chatters! When I went ahead with it I found the frame I was hitting after the chatters

okay im getting really annoyed that i can't hit my target frame i took the target frame they gave me - the actual frame im trying to hit....the strange thing is when i keep doing the flips i never hit the seed :/ i know im hitting the time and presses right but i never hit my frame for the shiny or the iv's? i didn't have this much trouble at all with virizion or cobalion...i know i subtracted right too...you think my timer is acting funny or maybe my key presses are just to hard to hit cuaz its a Select-B-L hit...

This is pretty much the same issue I am having, except I don't have any key presses

FairyWitch
21st July 2012, 5:52 PM
OK I've looked into the wild Jellicent capture a bit more closely when I'm not hitting it and I believe I have found out what is going on. The actual seconds for the Jellicent I'm hitting is actually 7 seconds rather than the normal 8 here. Could this be due to the NPC or am I jsut getting trolled? I have hit this seed before with the expected 8 second difference. Any help would be much appreciated!

This is pretty much the same issue I am having, except I don't have any key presses

see the thing is i have breed multiple times and have rng mostly all the stationaries but terrakion is the one im having trouble with so i know my timer0 is fine, so it has to be trolling or something...i was gunna say since you have a 3ds the secs of delay are more then one sec off when trying to hit your seed which it is like 8 second delay for the 3ds...im using a normal dslite which im only one sec behind with the loading screen with a really awkward key press...im sure you will get it though :)

Pidj
21st July 2012, 6:34 PM
Just hit the Jellicent seed I was looking for and advanced to the frame I wanted too. That means its the first time I have successfully rng'd what I was looking for!

The RNG:

Jellicent
Calm nature
Water Absorb
31/01/31/30/31/31

On to breeding!

FairyWitch
21st July 2012, 7:07 PM
Just hit the Jellicent seed I was looking for and advanced to the frame I wanted too. That means its the first time I have successfully rng'd what I was looking for!

The RNG:

Jellicent
Calm nature
Water Absorb
31/01/31/30/31/31

On to breeding!

good job i knew you can do it and im just gunna search out a seed that somewhat close to being flawless its just too awkward for the key presses for me to hit this seed...from now on you can post all your rng in the discuss my poke thread thread :p

Pidj
21st July 2012, 7:30 PM
good job i knew you can do it and im just gunna search out a seed that somewhat close to being flawless its just too awkward for the key presses for me to hit this seed...from now on you can post all your rng in the discuss my poke thread thread :p

Thanks. I'll just need to learn the format for the posts in that thread :)

FairyWitch
21st July 2012, 8:03 PM
Thanks. I'll just need to learn the format for the posts in that thread :)

yep no problem and so far im still stuck with this key press D: so i may be stuck trying to rng terrakion for a month if it keeps up doing stupid stuff...

edit: well i figured out what i did wrong it was really silly to i tried to search out a stationary in wild LOL...i have find a good new seed now that actually works LOL...man i fell stupid :/

nvm they were right still what am i doing wrong is there moving npc in the trail chamber or something?

Pidj
21st July 2012, 11:09 PM
I still can't seem to hit the seeds when trying to RNG abuse eggs! I've sort of described my method above.

But here's the guide that I'm following:
www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4201752&postcount=21

Is that incomplete or should the method in there for breeding look right? I followed the method in that guide for wild captures and as my previous post shows I can do that.

I know timer0 trolling is a possibility here but I have never hit a seed for breeding so I think I must be doing something wrong!

I'm also aware of the wandering npc near the daycare centre but do they affect the iv spread? I thought they only affected the PIDRNG so natures and abilities.

CONFUSED

Vandslaux
22nd July 2012, 12:54 AM
I still can't seem to hit the seeds when trying to RNG abuse eggs! I've sort of described my method above.

Is that incomplete or should the method in there for breeding look right? I followed the method in that guide for wild captures and as my previous post shows I can do that.

First, hit your seed and mash X to bring up the menu, then accept the egg. Then, see what frame you hit (I usually take the egg to the Nimbasa City IV judge and see it's 31's and see if they match up. Then, just treat it as if the frame you hit is your starting frame on the next attempt.

I know timer0 trolling is a possibility here but I have never hit a seed for breeding so I think I must be doing something wrong!
Hitting a breeding seed is identical to hitting a wild pokemon seed.

I'm also aware of the wandering npc near the daycare centre but do they affect the iv spread? I thought they only affected the PIDRNG so natures and abilities.

CONFUSED

In breeding, the IVs and PID are together.

Kitara
22nd July 2012, 3:26 AM

CONFUSED

The guide looks pretty good. My only thought might be, where are you searching for your initial frame? With one chatter, I usually hit around frame 52.

My own problem: I think they switched unown shape generation between DPP and HGSS because the guide I was using (this (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#silcoon_cascoon)) isn't turning out. I've gotten the following:

927A3AFC / desired shape A / actual shape H
0474ACF5 / desired shape B / actual shape A
570FFF8A / desired shape C / actual shape E
7840D0C7 / desired shape D / actual shape J

If anyone does know how unown shapes are determined in hgss, please please please let me know. Right now it's not a big deal because I don't have what's appearing, but once I need specific shapes it will be a problem if I can't accurately predict them. I'd rather not resort to trying all 3,000 shiny seeds RNG Reporter found.

FairyWitch
22nd July 2012, 4:12 PM

CONFUSED

first the daycare does not have any wandering npc for black and white (the little pokes that run around in a set pattern don't advance any frames) the timer0 just likes to mess with you sometimes but you will hit it eventually...did you figure out how may chatot flips you need to do before using chatot...you need to skip the two frames from the starting frame they gave you and the first 5 frames of that is your true starting but you need to figure out by by starting the game of the time it asked and not advance to see what frame you hit(don't save after this your just figure out what to subtract), which that one it is to subtract from actual frame your hitting to find your flips...to find the flips is a bit different then wild and stationaries...

Vandslaux
22nd July 2012, 5:19 PM
I'm trying to RNG the Hidden Hollow Mincinno when Bianca introduces you to them on Route 5. What do I fill in Hollow number, slot, subslot, and open hollows?

Agonist
22nd July 2012, 5:33 PM
first the daycare does not have any wandering npc for black and white

That's not true, the Daycare Attendant just out of screen does advance the PIDRNG during the season screen.

Pidj
22nd July 2012, 6:55 PM
In breeding, the IVs and PID are together.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

The comment above was the most enligtening. I didn't realise this was the case. I thought I was always missing my seed but now I know the above info I'm getting closer.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 1:33 AM
That's not true, the Daycare Attendant just out of screen does advance the PIDRNG during the season screen.

dewey told me that the little pokemon that run around have the set patterns don't advance the frame? unless i was miss informed? also what attendant? the man you get the egg from? sorry im just so confused lol :p

silicon
23rd July 2012, 1:43 AM
dewey told me that the little pokemon that run around have the set patterns don't advance the frame? unless i was miss informed? also what attendant? the man you get the egg from? sorry im just so confused lol :p

The pokemon don't advance the frame. It's other NPCs on route 3 that are off screen. The closest is at the (human) daycare right next door, there's also the two girls farther along the route.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 1:45 AM
The pokemon don't advance the frame. It's other NPCs on route 3 that are off screen. The closest is at the (human) daycare right next door, there's also the two girls farther along the route.

oh you mean the trainer people that off screen got it...i didn't know that thanks :) I was wondering my frames take some time sometimes to hit lol

pokemonjoe30
23rd July 2012, 2:20 AM
I think I am doing everything right, but when I catch or breed a pokemon, the iv spread is not what I want it to be. I then clicked find adjacent seed on the rng reporter and my pokemon's iv spread was the same as one of the spreads shown in the rng reporter. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just bad luck?

Agonist
23rd July 2012, 2:22 AM
You're not hitting the correct seed, it sounds like. Either due to Timer0 troll or just missing your seed.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 3:15 AM
I think I am doing everything right, but when I catch or breed a pokemon, the iv spread is not what I want it to be. I then clicked find adjacent seed on the rng reporter and my pokemon's iv spread was the same as one of the spreads shown in the rng reporter. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just bad luck?

just like agonist is saying you may not be hitting the correct seed or the timer0 is trolling you...are you sure that you doing your flips right? sometimes i miss count or its just the timer being stupid...some seeds do take longer since the timer0 can be pretty annoying sometimes...

PokemonTrader
23rd July 2012, 3:20 AM
Don't feel bad, it takes me an hour anytime I do something that requires 10,000+ steps to hatch. Timer0 likes to troll me on the hard ones.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 3:22 AM
Don't feel bad, it takes me an hour anytime I do something that requires 10,000+ steps to hatch. Timer0 likes to troll me on the hard ones.

I agree it took me a week to get my flawless shiny zorua :p with a breed move dark pulse :/ the timer just hated me...

Vandslaux
23rd July 2012, 4:47 AM
I have been trying to hit my seed in White 2, but I've been trying for about an hour and haven't gotten my most frequent timer0 once. Am I doing something wrong or is this just ridiculous timer0 trolling?

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 5:52 AM
I have been trying to hit my seed in White 2, but I've been trying for about an hour and haven't gotten my most frequent timer0 once. Am I doing something wrong or is this just ridiculous timer0 trolling?

tbh i heard from someone else that rnging on black and white 2 is ridiculously off on frames since the reporters are supposely not updated to figure out that games functions yet...i heard its like 20 frames off of what your hitting....like i said though its what i heard from someone else...im not sure if its true...everyone just keeps telling me don't rng on that game just use black or white then transfer until they get it to be more precise on the reporter...

Vandslaux
23rd July 2012, 5:54 AM
tbh i heard from someone else that rnging on black and white 2 is ridiculously off on frames since the reporters are supposely not updated to figure out that games functions yet...i heard its like 20 frames off of what your hitting....like i said though its what i heard from someone else...im not sure if its true...everyone just keeps telling me don't rng on that game just use black or white then transfer until they get it to be more precise on the reporter...

I think it's up to date with BW2. I've RNGed my IDs, and RNGed 2 Hidden Hollow pokemon.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 5:56 AM
I think it's up to date with BW2. I've RNGed my IDs, and RNGed 2 Hidden Hollow pokemon.

i guess it is fine then i was told like a few weeks ago anyway no biggy, just saying what i heard though :p maybe they haven't got certain parts done yet i don't know but if it works then it may just be the timer trolling you :/

Agonist
23rd July 2012, 7:10 AM

Just awful Timer0 troll. Apparently you can use an external timer to hit the right one, so that might be something worth taking a look at.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 8:51 AM
Just awful Timer0 troll. Apparently you can use an external timer to hit the right one, so that might be something worth taking a look at.

my dear god D: you think later it will not be as bad as the game been out for awhile with new reporters or is it gunna stay like this?

dewey911p
23rd July 2012, 9:52 AM
my dear god D: you think later it will not be as bad as the game been out for awhile with new reporters or is it gunna stay like this?

There has never been, nor will there probably ever be a way to control your Timer0. This is what Nintendo has given us so it's what we have to work with unfortunately.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 9:53 AM
There has never been, nor will there probably ever be a way to control your Timer0. This is what Nintendo has given us so it's what we have to work with unfortunately.

hmmm i see that really sucks though i was hoping it may of been a bit better but... oh well im ready for some pain in the a** seeds when i get my white version 2 LOL

Pokemans man
23rd July 2012, 10:15 AM
Hey for when I get white 2 :D can hidden hollow pokemon be shiny
It would be awesome if they could then my shiny imposter ditto could be a reality

Vandslaux
23rd July 2012, 3:10 PM
Hey for when I get white 2 :D can hidden hollow pokemon be shiny
It would be awesome if they could then my shiny imposter ditto could be a reality

No, they can't. Most likely for the same reason Entralink pokemon are shiny-locked.

icyberry_05
23rd July 2012, 9:33 PM
any advice for wondercard?, i want to rng piplup
is it the same as pokemon black and white?

pokemonjoe30
23rd July 2012, 9:40 PM
Just making sure, so it's normal for it to take multiple attempts to rng something? I keep hitting adjacent seeds, is that ok?

FairyWitch
23rd July 2012, 11:17 PM
Just making sure, so it's normal for it to take multiple attempts to rng something? I keep hitting adjacent seeds, is that ok?

well its normal to be multiple attempts to breeding cuaz the timer0 like to fluctuate and there are off screen moving npc but if your doing stationaries it shouldn't be crazy unless its landous...are you even hitting seeds that match your reporter? thats the question...

pokemonjoe30
23rd July 2012, 11:24 PM
Yes, I checked and the seeds I am hitting are showing up on the reporter. Is that what you mean? And is landorus crazy hard because I am sweet scenting atm, but I will try landorus in a bit.

PokemonTrader
23rd July 2012, 11:39 PM
Define hard. I only needed to hit my seed 3 times, twice to figure out the NPC advancement and 1 to catch it, and I was going for a specific frame for shiny. There were probably 20+ timer0 trolls involved much to my annoyance but the NPCs weren't a big factor at all. If you aren't aiming for shiny it shouldn't be much of an issue at all. Tornadus and Thundurus are the really hard ones.

FairyWitch
24th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Yes, I checked and the seeds I am hitting are showing up on the reporter. Is that what you mean? And is landorus crazy hard because I am sweet scenting atm, but I will try landorus in a bit.

okay yes then then its more likely your timer0 trolling you or your miss counting the flips...also he not as bad as tornadus and thundurus they are the hardest to rng of the legendaries but this guy above can tell you how hard he is to get :p

pokemonjoe30
24th July 2012, 1:31 AM
Sorry for posting so many questions but when I start my game at the time it says in the reporter, should I start my game a second earlier? Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

The Eleventh
24th July 2012, 1:40 AM
Sorry for posting so many questions but when I start my game at the time it says in the reporter, should I start my game a second earlier? Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!
If you're using a DS, DS Lite or DSi, yes. If you're using a 3DS, it's eight seconds earlier.

FairyWitch
24th July 2012, 4:02 AM
what he just answered ^ post...depending on your game system its a yes or no...

Shadow_Assailant
24th July 2012, 6:39 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyy, people. How's it going? Been forever since I last posted. Lol... Whoops. :P Funny thing is that I believe a year and a month ago was the first time I got on these forums to pursue my goal of RNGing. After a lot of help I actually figured it out. :D

Anyways, after being gone since November last year, I've had the urge to RNG again. This time, though, I wanted to learn how to abuse my IDs on Heart Gold. Attempt failed so I decided to wait for Chiizu to update PPRNG to support 4th ID abuse. So, I went to my unplayed Black Version and I tried to abuse my IDs. Attempt successful with that. :D But now my problem is actually getting the 31/30/31/30/31/30 spread Shiny Timid Snivy... What IV Frame are starters on? I really hope it's 1 because I can't manage to figure out what my problem is. I keep hitting a different nature and everything. I even plugged the IVs into an IV Calc. Speed shows to be 31. It's not. Lol. So either I'm having personal problems, or the IV Frame is supposed to be 8 for starters and I need to totally restart my endeavors.

*For those that don't want to read all that: My real question is what is the IV Frame of a starter? 1 or 8?

Too Funk to Druck
24th July 2012, 6:42 AM
The IV frame is 1.

Shadow_Assailant
24th July 2012, 2:46 PM
Awesome! So it's just personal mess ups that it's not working. Thanks, Funk. :D

*Edit: So just to make sure, I obviously can't Chatot flip at this point in the game, so my limitations in advancing the PIDRNG are just saving (which equals one frame advancement)? So starting at 49 and having to go to 65 would mean I have to save 16 times. Is there any interference (such as wandering NPCs) that I would have to worry about?

Too Funk to Druck
25th July 2012, 1:09 AM
Awesome! So it's just personal mess ups that it's not working. Thanks, Funk. :D

*Edit: So just to make sure, I obviously can't Chatot flip at this point in the game, so my limitations in advancing the PIDRNG are just saving (which equals one frame advancement)? So starting at 49 and having to go to 65 would mean I have to save 16 times. Is there any interference (such as wandering NPCs) that I would have to worry about?

Nope. Bianca and Cheren don't move, so you should be fine.

Shadow_Assailant
25th July 2012, 1:12 AM
Cool.
Then I know I have to be doing something wrong... :/ I was able to figure out my starting PID frame (and PPRNG was right about it), but every time I advance 16 times, which I'm supposed to, I'm getting a PID that isn't even on my Seed Inspector List or the adjacents...

*Edit: I also forgot to add after I do my advancing, I don't seem to even hit the right IV frame because, using Serebii's IV Calc, it shows I'm getting a 31 Speed IV (it can tell just by leveling up form 5 to 6) and I'm only supposed to have 30... :/

Never mind. :) Got my Snivy. :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/495.gif
#495 Snivy | Grass | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Stacey | ID: 44443 | SID: 00980 | Shiny: Yes
Nature: Timid | Ability: Overgrow | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 7/17/2012 | Starter | Met at Lvl. 5
Hidden Power/Power: Fire/70 | IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30

Ryze
25th July 2012, 1:53 AM
I can't get another profile to work on RNG Reporter 9.96, If I try to add one it will show up in the list, but whenever I exit out of the profile window it uses my original profile I made. If I try to edit the current profile in 5th gen time finder, it also just reverts back to my original one. Anyone know how to fix this?

dewey911p
25th July 2012, 2:10 AM
i have never used profiles before (still have 9.95) but in 9.95 if you change the settings in the main window, they carry over to time finder. Well, its that way for the ID/SID combo anyway, i never really have had to change anything else

PokemonTrader
25th July 2012, 2:55 AM
Which alpha version are you using? Alpha 15 appears to be letting me set up and use different profiles where the previous version I was using had issues with them.

Ryze
25th July 2012, 4:39 AM
Which alpha version are you using? Alpha 15 appears to be letting me set up and use different profiles where the previous version I was using had issues with them.

Had no idea there were different alpha versions of 9.96, thanks to you I get my Muskedeers much sooner than anticipated ;)

pokemonjoe30
25th July 2012, 5:19 AM
When breeding, how do I tell where the pidrng starts at? Thanks.

PokemonTrader
25th July 2012, 5:41 AM
I'm assuming you already calculated the starting frame. What you do after that is start the game like you're RNGing the egg, hatch it and note the nature. This will probably be easier if you aren't using an everstone. If you're really lucky you'll land on a frame that doesn't have your everstone nature so you know exactly how much the NPCs are advancing the frame. If not repeat this process until you find a pattern. This really sucks with long hatch times.

Pidj
25th July 2012, 3:16 PM
I'm still really having trouble with RNG'ing eggs. I just can't seem to hit the seed... ever! When I RNG a wild capture I have no problem with hitting the seed. People said before it could be a timer0 thing but it's getting a bit silly now!

I tell the RNG reporter (9.95) that I'm using a flawless ditto (so tick the box for ditto parent) and I'm trying to breed egg moves on to the offspring so I put the IV's for the other poke in the father section.
Select my IV spread and enter month and year, everstone used, nature desired and ability desired.
Select the seed put it in to the main screen, select BW breeding, specify ditto parent and everstone used. and calculate initial PIDRNG frame.
I also ask it to show characterstics in the search.
I generate.

Then I start the game at the time specified (8 seconds ahead as I'm using a 3ds) and collect the egg instantly after the season screen disappears. The I hatch it and compare it to the list to work out my actual starting frame... and I've got nothing! I've even started checking adjacent seeds and every now and again I seem to hit the seed immediately before my own!

I've been trying this since my last post in this thread. If this is timer0 trolling it's infuriating. I'm actually hoping I'm doign something wrong so that I can correct it easily!

Any help would be muich appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I've been trying again and I have twice in row hit the seed immediately before the one I am aiming for. This seems to be too much of a coincidence for my liking because it's happened before and now it's 2 out of 2 here. And when I aim for a wild capture RNG I hit the seed first time. Has anyone else doing RNG's with a 3DS encountered this issue? Or is there something obvious I can do to fix this?

EDIT2: I'm now hitting my seed of choice regularly but I'm having trouble with the advancing of the frame. It seems to be jumping around quite a lot. Should my actual starting frame be constant or can it keep jumping around?

MSK
25th July 2012, 7:48 PM
Hey all, trying to find my Parameters on Black 2, using the new Reporter 9.96. Anyone have a good area to use (no NPC's high level mon etc) as at the moment it keeps giving me about 100+ results :( so definitely need to narrow that down. (If ypu could reply to me in a PM as I have limited internet at present and don't want the pain of trawling through loads of pages to find an answer lol) Thanks
On a personal RNGing note have been caning it through Black recently, bred and hatched over 20 competitive ready Shiny mon in the last 2 weeks :)

blonde_1
25th July 2012, 10:10 PM
Hey guys just wanted to pop in a share my recent success:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/641.gif http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png
Lv. 40 | Nature: Naive | Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31 | HP: Ice 70
Moves: Revenge | Air Cutter | Extrasensory | Agility
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/641-therian.gif

It took me a long time and I changed seeds twice but i finally got him :D. I started trying to rng him in the winter and it was just too erratic so I found some summer ones in the future and just faced the season changes (which don't affect it as much as rain/snow). Thanks to those of you who helped me early on in this, I really appreciate it ;)

Shadow_Assailant
25th July 2012, 10:36 PM
Just got this little man. I thought it time that I get one (on my way to get a second) seeing as I've always used two random Chatots that I caught on my Platinum Version and then transported to White. I decided that I wanted to actually RNG a couple of them seeing as they've been so useful to me in my endeavors to RNG shinies. :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/441.gif
#441 Chatot | Normal-Flying | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
Nature: Timid | Ability: Keen Eye | Characteristic: Mischievous
Date: 7/9/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
Hidden Power/Power: Steel/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31

So, yeah. I plan to get three more. 2 of them for my White Version and 2 for my Black Version. But I was wondering if anyone else had trouble hitting the same seed after they successfully RNG the egg the first time. Nearly every time I egg RNG, every subsequent RNG of the same seed ends up not working right. The first time today that I got this to work, I kept hitting the wrong PID Frame (by 2), so after I went from 23 advances to 21, I hit the correct frame. Now, it seems that 21 advances isn't the right amount. I've hit the seed without advancing the frame a few times and I seem to be landing on 56 as the starting frame when before it was 54 (I'm aiming for 75, by the way). I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, confirm I'm not going crazy. Lol. *Edit: So yeah. More on this. My original PID Frame of 54 did change to 56 this time. I have no idea why, but it changed, yet I got my second Chatot of the above specs. :)

By the way, amazing job, blonde! I envy your capture! :D

dewey911p
26th July 2012, 1:16 AM
Hey guys just wanted to pop in a share my recent success:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/641.gif http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/ultraball.png
Lv. 40 | Nature: Naive | Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31 | HP: Ice 70
Moves: Revenge | Air Cutter | Extrasensory | Agility
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/641-therian.gif

It took me a long time and I changed seeds twice but i finally got him :D. I started trying to rng him in the winter and it was just too erratic so I found some summer ones in the future and just faced the season changes (which don't affect it as much as rain/snow). Thanks to those of you who helped me early on in this, I really appreciate it ;)

Just got this little man. I thought it time that I get one (on my way to get a second) seeing as I've always used two random Chatots that I caught on my Platinum Version and then transported to White. I decided that I wanted to actually RNG a couple of them seeing as they've been so useful to me in my endeavors to RNG shinies. :)

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/441.gif
#441 Chatot | Normal-Flying | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
Nature: Timid | Ability: Keen Eye | Characteristic: Mischievous
Date: 7/9/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
Hidden Power/Power: Steel/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31

So, yeah. I plan to get three more. 2 of them for my White Version and 2 for my Black Version. But I was wondering if anyone else had trouble hitting the same seed after they successfully RNG the egg the first time. Nearly every time I egg RNG, every subsequent RNG of the same seed ends up not working right. The first time today that I got this to work, I kept hitting the wrong PID Frame (by 2), so after I went from 23 advances to 21, I hit the correct frame. Now, it seems that 21 advances isn't the right amount. I've hit the seed without advancing the frame a few times and I seem to be landing on 56 as the starting frame when before it was 54 (I'm aiming for 75, by the way). I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, confirm I'm not going crazy. Lol. *Edit: So yeah. More on this. My original PID Frame of 54 did change to 56 this time. I have no idea why, but it changed, yet I got my second Chatot of the above specs. :)

By the way, amazing job, blonde! I envy your capture! :D

Nice RNGs guys (jealous of the Tornadus too, I'm still fighting my Thundurus with no luck :/) but finished projects are better suited to the discuss my pokemon thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting)).

Shadow_Assailant
26th July 2012, 2:13 AM
Oh. Okay. Lol. Sorry. I'm just used to posting my success on here because ever since July last year until November (where I kind of fell out of the loop), I've always posted my successes here.

*Edit: Ahhhhhh. I just stalked back on this thread. I see where you guys started the idea of having the new thread for discussion of success stories. I will move there now. :) Sorry. :P Explains the slight slowness of this thread. Lol.

blonde_1
26th July 2012, 5:11 AM
thanks shadow and dewey!

and sorry I also didn't realize there was a separate thread for finished projects, my bad :p

Pidj
27th July 2012, 8:53 AM
I've got a question - twice recently I've been trying to hit a shiny egg seed as told to me by the rng reporter. As per usual I was unsuccessful but then when I've come back to attempt it again I've put (I am certain of this) the same parameters in toi the rng reporter and that seed has just disappeared. There is one seed that keeps coming up so its not like its completely changing. Has anybody else ever experienced this?

Pokemans man
27th July 2012, 9:21 AM
which RNG reporter version are you using? because i've heard that the newer versions are glitchy

Pidj
27th July 2012, 10:29 AM
9.95. I've not had any issues with wild captures at all but I'm struggling a lot to RNG abuse eggs!

EDIT - OK, so I can now do eggs. The issue I described in the earlier post still stands though! I do have questions about advancing frames though when doing egg RNG abuse - My starting fraem was 45. I hatched the egg and identified which frame it corresponded to. My actual startign frame was 46 (and I understand the reason why that's the case). So I calculated that I needed to do 8 advances I needed to do to get to my target frame, 54. However when I did 8 advances I overshot by 3 frames. So I amended the number of advances I needed to do to 5 and I eventually hit my frame on my seed. But the question is why did my actual starting frame jump? Is it to with the brief period after I have done the advances and before I pick up the egg where the moving NPC's could in theory advance the frame further? If so, would it be recommended to do 1 frame advance when I did the first step to determine my actual starting frame when I'm advancing too?

If that makes no sense please say so and I'll try my best to phrase it better!

silicon
27th July 2012, 8:23 PM
9.95. I've not had any issues with wild captures at all but I'm struggling a lot to RNG abuse eggs!

EDIT - OK, so I can now do eggs. The issue I described in the earlier post still stands though! I do have questions about advancing frames though when doing egg RNG abuse - My starting fraem was 45. I hatched the egg and identified which frame it corresponded to. My actual startign frame was 46 (and I understand the reason why that's the case). So I calculated that I needed to do 8 advances I needed to do to get to my target frame, 54. However when I did 8 advances I overshot by 3 frames. So I amended the number of advances I needed to do to 5 and I eventually hit my frame on my seed. But the question is why did my actual starting frame jump? Is it to with the brief period after I have done the advances and before I pick up the egg where the moving NPC's could in theory advance the frame further? If so, would it be recommended to do 1 frame advance when I did the first step to determine my actual starting frame when I'm advancing too?

If that makes no sense please say so and I'll try my best to phrase it better!

I don't know anything about your disappearing seed problem, I've been using 9.95 for a while and not encountered anything like it.

As far as your other question goes, if I understand your post right you have guessed the basic reason you had to adjust your advances. I'm guessing when you found the starting frame you just jammed 'A' to pick up the egg. When you go to do your advances however, you have to get to the pause menu first and then after your advances, go back and pick up your egg. Both times the frame will advance at least once due to the wandering NPCs. In my experience, brining up the menu usually ends up with somewhere between 2 and 4 advances, and picking up the egg usually only allows a single advance.

If you feel you need to check your starting frame I'd suggest going through as though you would do an advance (bring up the menu), then exit out and pick up the egg. It should give you a better idea of how many advances you need to take off. TBH I haven't used the counting method recently. I find using the chatter pitches much easier, I figure out if I hit my seed after three or four chatters, then just follow along until one one frame before my target.

BlueEew
27th July 2012, 8:49 PM
Is there any guides for RNGing eggs using the latest version of RNGreporter? I cannot seem to do Eggs I'm trying for IVs not Shinys.

Also is it possible to RNG White Forest Pokemon?

And finally can I get my SID without using a third party device?

Pokemans man
28th July 2012, 9:39 AM
Has anyone worked out how to RNG in black/white 2
because the English release is fast approaching and I would like to know how
if its too hard ill just stick to black/white RNGing which is supposedly easier but it would be a useful thing to know just in case :D

The Eleventh
28th July 2012, 12:32 PM
Has anyone worked out how to RNG in black/white 2
because the English release is fast approaching and I would like to know how
if its too hard ill just stick to black/white RNGing which is supposedly easier but it would be a useful thing to know just in case :D
Yes. For the most part, it's the same as BW RNGing. However, there are more timer0s and breeding is essentially impossible. Entralink is easier, though, since it now lacks delays.

Agonist
28th July 2012, 4:51 PM
Yes. For the most part, it's the same as BW RNGing. However, there are more timer0s and breeding is essentially impossible. Entralink is easier, though, since it now lacks delays.

Fortunately there were no new egg moves, so there is no point in trying the deal with BW2 breeding issues.

Vandslaux
28th July 2012, 5:27 PM
Hey all, trying to find my Parameters on Black 2, using the new Reporter 9.96. Anyone have a good area to use (no NPC's high level mon etc) as at the moment it keeps giving me about 100+ results :( so definitely need to narrow that down. (If ypu could reply to me in a PM as I have limited internet at present and don't want the pain of trawling through loads of pages to find an answer lol) Thanks
On a personal RNGing note have been caning it through Black recently, bred and hatched over 20 competitive ready Shiny mon in the last 2 weeks :)

NPC's don't affect calibration iirc. And as for levels, I calibrated as usual and traded the pokemon over to B/W and RC'd it to find it's IVs.

BTW, I don't think 9.96 supports BW2. I'm using Alpha 15 to RNG on White 2. That is, unless you're using the right timer0 range.

AmaNoGawa
28th July 2012, 6:32 PM
Hiya! My first time trying to RNG wild shiny pokemon, and I am pretty much clueless on where to start, ehehe...:)
Soooo, then, could someone point me in the right direction? I am using rng reporter 9.95 beta, and I would like to try and rng a shiny Absol found on route 13.

dewey911p
28th July 2012, 6:36 PM
check the videos and guides on the first page of this thread. Personally i found Bearsfan's videos the best and that was what i used to learn to RNG. After you have checked out the guides and videos, if you still have questionbs feel free to ask :)

Alter ego
28th July 2012, 10:45 PM
Since everyone is learning to RNG, I decided to learn too. Of course, I've read Serebii and Smogon guides. I still need to download the RNG reporter, but I have some questions to ask first before I get frustrated.

First, as far I understood, your Timer0 is a fixed data, which will be used in all your RNG projects. So, it's cruxial to discover your Timer0 without any errors, if not frustration will happen... a lot, right?
When I'm discovering my Timer0, can I discover the IV's of the sweet scented Pokémon with Pokécheck? It's rather easily than continuosly using rare candies lol.
Is Landorus a good way to start at RNG? I'm planning on start with it since I found wild Pokémon harder to RNG.

Finally, is RNG easy xD?

When I download RNG Reporter and try my first attempt at it, I'll post more questions, if I have. Thanks!

Pokemans man
29th July 2012, 1:20 AM
Yes you can find out the ivs on pokecheck but your timer0 is not fixed. Instead it fluctuates between 2 values for some there might be a more common timer0 but it is not set in one value. And also when you are finding your parameters then it is often easier to use rare candies because you don't have to save and it will be like you never used them, as opposed to pokecheck where you have to go to a pokemon center and save the game to get into the gts.
Hope this helped

dewey911p
29th July 2012, 1:25 AM
First, as far I understood, your Timer0 is a fixed data

lol, YOU WISH it was fixed.

So, it's cruxial to discover your Timer0 without any errors, if not frustration will happen... a lot, right?

continuing on from what i just said, for black and white retail abuse (which means you have a store bought game cartridge and a store bought DS system) there are usually 2 Timer0 values. One will be more common than the other one. You can RNG with only 1 value if you want, its not hard. Hell, i was RNGing with only 1 Timer0 for a long time until i started Thundurus (FML).

When I'm discovering my Timer0, can I discover the IV's of the sweet scented Pokémon with Pokécheck?

hmm, you semm to be misunderstanding. You are not finding just your Timer0, you are finding your parameters, which contain, among other values, the Timer0. You only need to go through one process to find them all so its pretty easy. On that not, you will need to know the IVs of the pokemon you are using to find your parameters, yes. Personally, like you said, i like to use pokecheck as its gives you accurate results right away without any hassle. Just make sure you mark down the exact day, month, year, seconds, minutes, and hour you launch the game (and NOT the time you catch the pokemon at. Also remember to KEEP THE C-GEAR OFF).

Is Landorus a good way to start at RNG? I'm planning on start with it since I found wild Pokémon harder to RNG.

Hmmm, im going to say no. There is 1 NPC in Abundant shire that might make the process difficult. You can battle the NPC to stop him from moving, but if you leave and come back he will move again. If Landorus will be your first RNG you might make a mistake and have to leave (didn't buy pokeballs first, forgot to get your Sync, no false swiper, no sleeper etc). None of this will be a problem if you have a little experiance (and an IV frame of 1) but there are simpler things to practice on. Of course, there is no reason you cant do Landorus as your first RNG, so if your heart is set, go for it!.

Finally, is RNG easy xD?

Pathetically so, yes (except for PID abuse with roamers). However, learning is arguable the hardest part about the whole process. If you can stick with it and get your first sucessful RNG, it only gets easier from there.

The Eleventh
29th July 2012, 1:25 AM
When I'm discovering my Timer0, can I discover the IV's of the sweet scented Pokémon with Pokécheck? It's rather easily than continuosly using rare candies lol.
If you Sweet Scent in a place like Victory Road and use an IV calculator, you should have an acceptable range of IVs to find your parameters.

I wouldn't start with Landorus, since there are WNPCs (wandering non-player characters) at the Abundant Shrine, and they'll advance your PID frame. Once you've found your parameters, try RNGing for wild Pokémon's IVs. If you've got other stationary Pokémon to RNG, then they can be useful when first learning, as long as there aren't WNPCs in their areas.

Finally, is RNG easy xD?
You'll probably find it a bit confusing at first, but it'll soon become extremely easy. Just ask questions here when in doubt and you should be fine.

Shadow_Assailant
29th July 2012, 2:01 AM
Heyyyy. I've always had this thought about Egg RNG. In PPRNG you can inspect the egg frames (which is needed to find starting frames). What if, when you inspect your seed, there are two PID Frames that are exactly the same? For instance, I'm working on getting a Quiet Elgyem should I ever decide to make a Trick Room team that I would use Beheeyem for. I'm also getting another Elgyem with the Jolly nature just as a Synchronizer. I can use the same seed for both instances because the Elgyem in the day-care is Quiet and the Ditto is Jolly, so I can just switch the Everstones. But to my question. In the inspector, there are two different frames with the same PID and stats and everything (Synchronize, Male, 31/31/31/31/13/0, ES, Ice 44, Often dozes off). How does one tell them apart when they are only 2 frames apart (52, 54)? The only difference between them is on frame 52 where the Hidden Ability is possible, but I can't access that at this time. Would I just guess and check really and hope I picked the right one as the starting frame?

*Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question after looking at the inspector more closely. I still don't know how to tell them apart, but frames 102 and 104 would give me the set up I'm searching for. :P Sorry. :)

dewey911p
29th July 2012, 2:37 AM
Heyyyy. I've always had this thought about Egg RNG. In PPRNG you can inspect the egg frames (which is needed to find starting frames). What if, when you inspect your seed, there are two PID Frames that are exactly the same? For instance, I'm working on getting a Quiet Elgyem should I ever decide to make a Trick Room team that I would use Beheeyem for. I'm also getting another Elgyem with the Jolly nature just as a Synchronizer. I can use the same seed for both instances because the Elgyem in the day-care is Quiet and the Ditto is Jolly, so I can just switch the Everstones. But to my question. In the inspector, there are two different frames with the same PID and stats and everything (Synchronize, Male, 31/31/31/31/13/0, ES, Ice 44, Often dozes off). How does one tell them apart when they are only 2 frames apart (52, 54)? The only difference between them is on frame 52 where the Hidden Ability is possible, but I can't access that at this time. Would I just guess and check really and hope I picked the right one as the starting frame?

*Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question after looking at the inspector more closely. I still don't know how to tell them apart, but frames 102 and 104 would give me the set up I'm searching for. :P Sorry. :)

its entirely possible for PIDs to repeat. If there is a different nature or ability, the PID will differ too. Its not at all uncommon to find frames close to each other that yield the same results.

Alter ego
29th July 2012, 3:05 AM
Well, thank you guys for replying. Just to resume, here's what I need to do:

I'll Sweet Scent at Victory Road, capture a Pokémon with a high level there and put it's IV's I found via Rare Candies in RNG Reporter. Then, I'll found the parameters (two timer0 is equal to 2 parameters?) and use that parameters to RNG my first RNGd random caught Pokémon, since the NPC in Landorus area will messes up with my Frames and I unfortunately already caught all the stationary legendary Pokémon. With everything corrrect, get a Pokémon with perfect IVs will be easy with practice after a while.

But, I think it's better I ask more questions before start. The tutorials says I need to press "a" at the DSi menu 1 second earlier to hit the initial seed, after you change the clock of the sistem. But, I didn't understand which time you'll be putting in the DSi settings. Well, if you change the clock at the same time RNG Reporter says to hit your seed, I'll not hit the seed, because there's a transition between those settings and the game's menu. So, I need to setup the clock a little earlier, so I have enough time so exit settings and then wait until the right time to press "a", right? Also a external clock like Eon Timer will help me a lot at hitting the seed.

After that, I have to do a keypress combination just after I press "a" (why I need to do that keypress? To advance the frame? Can't I just advance the frame with Chatots?). Enter the game with the C-gear off and then search for the exact encounter slot to get your Flawless Pokémon (I'm not using the PID Frame yet, so I'll grab a Sincronizer). Finally, I have my Pokémon ready and then RNG will become easily :3

Pokemans man
29th July 2012, 5:59 AM
you have it all right but you will probably have to sweet scent a few times to get your 2 different timer0 values and also there is only one set of parameters but 2 timer0's in that set of parameters. Also rnging does unfortunately not become easier as i always found rnging for eggs and in places with wandering npcs was harder. But you've got the right idea and i always found that there is a dominant timer0 and rnging with that one was way easier. Just a tip :D

richi3f
30th July 2012, 6:26 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but could someone help me find my SID? I don't have an Action Replay and I don't want to mess up with Pokécheck.

Pokemans man
30th July 2012, 9:58 AM
what do you mean mess up with pokecheck?
so far i have found it to be fairly simple but i'm sure someone (maybe me?) could upload one of you pokemon to pokecheck
but also it would be a very useful skill to have as you can check ivs on it if you're RNGing

Alter ego
31st July 2012, 1:04 AM
I tried to do my first RNG, but it didn't end up very well :/

I got my parameters, and I found everything (Vtimer, Timer0, etc). I did it twice and it got the same value for every value, except for actual seconds (which oddly went to 4 in the first try and 9 in the second). But, since DSi actual values tend to be 1, I turn on the game one second earlier, although I tested with 4 seconds earlier.

So I got my Pokémon, an the results were really bad. I checked it IV's, and they were totally different from the target frame/seed. I search through the adjacent seeds, but noone matched with the IVs I got. (I tried to catch those Pokémon + - 5 times, in that cave when Cheren is located, in route 1 and in route 9.) As far I know, there's no NPC in route 9 and Cheren's cave, so those areas didn't mess with the IV frame.

What am I doing wrong? Or it's just Timer0 trolling? Thanks in advice.

I figured what I did wrong, everything is fine now.

I don't wanna tell what was wrong it'll embarass me xDDDD

pokemonjoe30
31st July 2012, 1:24 AM
I want to rng landorus, but I've heard it's pretty hard because of npc's. How can I deal with them? Also, when I set my parameters, do I need to do it every time I open pprng or rng reporter? Thanks.

AlexBW
31st July 2012, 1:35 AM
I have problems trying to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon Using the PIDRNG Method, when I hit my seed the pokemon, nature and Shininess are alright but whem I check the IVs there are incorrect. I have checked my SID in Pokecheck and saw many videos but its still doesn't work. Please help

dewey911p
31st July 2012, 6:08 AM
I want to rng landorus, but I've heard it's pretty hard because of npc's. How can I deal with them? Also, when I set my parameters, do I need to do it every time I open pprng or rng reporter? Thanks.

There is only 1 NPC in Abundant Shire and if you battle him he will stop moving. If you have already battled him then just use an IV frame of 1 and manipulate the PID. I have also hear that if you talk to the NPC he will stop moving even if you dont battle him, but i have never tested that out so im not sure.

I have problems trying to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon Using the PIDRNG Method, when I hit my seed the pokemon, nature and Shininess are alright but whem I check the IVs there are incorrect. I have checked my SID in Pokecheck and saw many videos but its still doesn't work. Please help

If the IVs are wrong then you just need to advance the IVRNG (or don't advance it if you accidentally did the first time. Simply walk 128 steps with the right number of pokemon in your party and the IV RNG will advance by that many. If your party has 3 pokemon after 128 steps your IVRNG will be frame 4 (# pokemon + 1 starting frame = 4). Do note that if you are in an area with wild pokemon (surfing, a cave, grass) walking will advance the PIDRNG too and your nature and shininess will be affected. Just recalculate your SSF and then do the right number of flips

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 1:58 AM
Question: Is RNGing shiny pokemon or eggs easier?
Also, I would like to know how NPCs affect the frame? Is there a way to tell what my frame will turn out to be using the recorder and the NPCs?

Agonist
1st August 2012, 2:11 AM
Question: Is RNGing shiny pokemon or eggs easier?
Also, I would like to know how NPCs affect the frame? Is there a way to tell what my frame will turn out to be using the recorder and the NPCs?

It's easier to find seeds for eggs, plus you can get egg moves, but caught ones can be in lovely balls. NPCs advance the PIDRNG, and as far as I know, there isn't a way to predict what it'll be.

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 2:27 AM
So I started with RNGing a shiny DW egg, and I've got my seed: A9B22E96AFD76E3D
And it is supposed to have all flawless IVs except for a 20 in attack, and it has a bold nature...

Now, in the results I got, my frame is 5, I think that's the frame I'm trying to hit, and the PID is 2CB3EB7D. Could someone tell me what the PID is for? I'm just a little confused in that area! Also, the species is said to be Nidoran F./Volbeat...what does this mean?
Thanks!
(Hahaha, I'm just a beginner!)

Typhlosion X
1st August 2012, 3:01 AM
5 is much too low for breeding anything, since the PIDRNG usually starts at around frame 40-55. Get an egg with a higher frame and try and hit that, adjusting chatters to compensate for WNPC advancement.

The PID is the Pokemon Identification Number, don't worry about that for RNGing unless you're making a certain PID shiny with ID abuse. The species is for people breeding the Nidoran lines or Volbeat/Illumise, if you're not breeding those, disregard it.

richi3f
1st August 2012, 3:06 AM
what do you mean mess up with pokecheck?
so far i have found it to be fairly simple but i'm sure someone (maybe me?) could upload one of you pokemon to pokecheck
but also it would be a very useful skill to have as you can check ivs on it if you're RNGing

I now it's quite easy and simple, but I'm afraid to use it because of this:

If you only use Pokécheck for depositing and IV checking there will be no trace at all on your save file. However, we suggest you do not use the download or PokeTransfer features, and revert your DNS settings to auto before any official event.

I still use the PokéTransfer to obtain Pokémon from my Platinum and SoulSilver cartridges. If you could help me know my SID, I would really appreciate it. :)

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 3:16 AM
5 is much too low for breeding anything, since the PIDRNG usually starts at around frame 40-55. Get an egg with a higher frame and try and hit that, adjusting chatters to compensate for WNPC advancement.

The PID is the Pokemon Identification Number, don't worry about that for RNGing unless you're making a certain PID shiny with ID abuse. The species is for people breeding the Nidoran lines or Volbeat/Illumise, if you're not breeding those, disregard it.

May I ask how to adjust the chatters for the WNPCs? The daycare is on route 3, and I think there might be two WNPCs on that route, but do you count the ones who just turn in place? And do trainers count as well on that route?

Typhlosion X
1st August 2012, 3:22 AM
May I ask how to adjust the chatters for the WNPCs? The daycare is on route 3, and I think there might be two WNPCs on that route, but do you count the ones who just turn in place? And do trainers count as well on that route?

Anything that doesn't have a set movement pattern will advance the PIDRNG. Route 3 has 2 or 3 that advance, and they barely advance (like 2-5 frames). As for chatters, you can do the amount that would be required to hit your frame as if there were no NPCs, then subtract by what you hit, but personally I just undershoot my chatters by 2-5 and I usually get it within 1-3 tries.

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 3:34 AM
Alright, thanks! My starting frame appears to be 45, and the frame I'm trying to hit is 61, and I can change the time on my DS to get to the time that's listed for me to start my game right?

Another one: If the starting frame and the frame you're trying to hit are the same, can you just go ahead and collect the egg without having to chatter at all, or is that impossible?

And how do you know if you have the right Chatot pitch?
If there are two WNPCs on the route would it be okay to assume they are advancing the frame by 3 each, so for what I'm doing I'd have to hear chatter 10 times?
I'm still a little confused I guess, but once I get it once I'll be able to do it again!
(Sorry for all the questions, hope you don't mind answering them! :D)

dewey911p
1st August 2012, 5:39 AM
I still use the PokéTransfer to obtain Pokémon from my Platinum and SoulSilver cartridges. If you could help me know my SID, I would really appreciate it. :)

That is just something to do out of an abundance of caution, but there is really nothing to worry about as pokecheck will not alter the data in anyway except for a direct download from their site. If you directly download a pokemon from pokecheck it will be given a Premier ribbon. Other than that though, there is no effect on the pokemon

Alright, thanks! My starting frame appears to be 45, and the frame I'm trying to hit is 61, and I can change the time on my DS to get to the time that's listed for me to start my game right?

Thats right. Don't forget that you need to start the game a second or so early, depending on your DS model.

Another one: If the starting frame and the frame you're trying to hit are the same, can you just go ahead and collect the egg without having to chatter at all, or is that impossible?

You forgetting about that 1 WNPC on route 3. Your PID frame will advance while the season screen is loading, so if your starting PID frame is the same as your target frame, it will probably be impossible. However, if your starting frame is 2 below your target frame, you may not need any advancements in that case and simply collecting the egg could be all you need to do.

And how do you know if you have the right Chatot pitch?

Low = a deep sound
Mid = an average sound
High = a high pitched sound

you can try to match up the pitches to see if you hit you seed and to keep track of your frame, but if this is distracting to you (as it is to me) or if you don't like this, its not at all necessary and you can just do the right number of chatot flips and adjust from there.

If there are two WNPCs on the route would it be okay to assume they are advancing the frame by 3 each

There is only one, the daycare teacher down by the fence, all other NPCs are static and will not affect your PID frame. Also, there is no set amount that she advances the frame by, but the range is usually 2-5 (once you find out how many frames she advances it by, this will stay fairly constant throughout your RNGing crusade.) For me, she always advances the PID frame by 2, so if my starting frame is 50, i know its actually 52, and from there its just chatot flips and hoping i close the menu and grab the egg before she moves again.

so for what I'm doing I'd have to hear chatter 10 times?
I'm still a little confused I guess, but once I get it once I'll be able to do it again!
(Sorry for all the questions, hope you don't mind answering them! :D)

I would say shoot for 14 advancements and see where you land, you might be under a few frames but if so just adjust and try again. The best thing to do is practice a few times and see what you get. Keep at it and you will succeed. And don't worry about asking questions, thats what the RNG Help Thread is for after all!

FairyWitch
1st August 2012, 8:15 AM
Okay wth :/ my reporter is not givin me any results and i know foe sure i got the delay matches and everything...my reporter not givin me results on the main reporter correctly? Help please!

dewey911p
1st August 2012, 8:21 AM
if the issue is in the main window, make sure you have everything filled in correctly. If there is a lead sync make sure you mark it down, if it is method K, stationary, make sure you mark it down, etc etc.

FairyWitch
1st August 2012, 8:27 AM
if the issue is in the main window, make sure you have everything filled in correctly. If there is a lead sync make sure you mark it down, if it is method K, stationary, make sure you mark it down, etc etc.

Nope im tryin to rng method 1 with entei when i search the seed i copy it search seed to time got one roamer and then when i imput it in the main reporter the the frame im tryin to doesn't show even with normal seed copy ....its very strange....

Edit: nwvermind figured out what i did...was mot looking at the frame i was looking at hour not frame lol....

also when im on my last rng for latios any tips to check to see if i hit the delay right or just listen to the chatot frames?

MSK
1st August 2012, 6:13 PM
NPC's don't affect calibration iirc. And as for levels, I calibrated as usual and traded the pokemon over to B/W and RC'd it to find it's IVs.

BTW, I don't think 9.96 supports BW2. I'm using Alpha 15 to RNG on White 2. That is, unless you're using the right timer0 range.

Well I finally got my parameters, narrowed it down to the one and hit the Wondercard for Piplup that I wanted :)
Now I just want to know, are BW2 the same as BW in that the parameters never change, because I reset to get another Piplup only this time I haven't been able to hit the seed at all. I know there are multiple timer issues with BW2 so it may be that I'm just being unlucky, but if they do change each time then I want to find out before I waste loads of time :) lol

V4LOVER
1st August 2012, 6:26 PM
I've been trying to RNG for a DW Gligar on Black, and I have everything set up, RNGReporter and EonTimer, and I know everything to put into EonTimer. However, I can never seem to hit my delay, no matter what I do. I also cannot check for exact IVs without saving the game, and that would mean I could no longer RNG for Gligar. And so, I'm stuck doing the same thing over and over again with no shift in the EonTimer data based on previously hit frames and with no result. What am I doing wrong? How can I actually accomplish this? What DS type should I use? (I have DS Lite, DSi, and 3DS)

FairyWitch
1st August 2012, 7:24 PM
my dear god okay got a question still for my last roamer latios how can i verify my seed hit without any roamers...is there a trick to make sure i hit my delay right or is it just luck to hit it...i did once and the chatot frame i hit sounded right but it wasn't the nature i wanted so i have to redue the process over again..is there another trick besides listening to chatot?

Agonist
1st August 2012, 7:53 PM
I've been trying to RNG for a DW Gligar on Black, and I have everything set up, RNGReporter and EonTimer, and I know everything to put into EonTimer. However, I can never seem to hit my delay, no matter what I do. I also cannot check for exact IVs without saving the game, and that would mean I could no longer RNG for Gligar. And so, I'm stuck doing the same thing over and over again with no shift in the EonTimer data based on previously hit frames and with no result. What am I doing wrong? How can I actually accomplish this? What DS type should I use? (I have DS Lite, DSi, and 3DS)

I'm not that familiar with Entralink abuse, however you can check the IVs using the IV judge in the Battle Subway (assuming you beat the E4 already). He's the first person you see when walking down. As for DS type, my personal preference is the DS Lite.

The Eleventh
1st August 2012, 8:53 PM
my dear god okay got a question still for my last roamer latios how can i verify my seed hit without any roamers...is there a trick to make sure i hit my delay right or is it just luck to hit it...i did once and the chatot frame i hit sounded right but it wasn't the nature i wanted so i have to redue the process over again..is there another trick besides listening to chatot?
No, not if you've caught the other roamers.

A combination of Rare Candies, the IV judge, the HP checker in Mistralton Pokémon Center and an online IV calculator will give you close to exact IVs (depending on how many Rare Candies you use).

V4LOVER
1st August 2012, 9:05 PM
I'm not that familiar with Entralink abuse, however you can check the IVs using the IV judge in the Battle Subway (assuming you beat the E4 already). He's the first person you see when walking down. As for DS type, my personal preference is the DS Lite.
Thanks for the input on the DS type.

When I catch a Gligar, if it doesn't have 36 HP (perfect HP IV) then I take it out of the Entralink and go straight to him. I put his input, the stats, as well as the Hidden Power guy in Mistralton. I put them in an IV calculator to find the IVs, but when I get some notable IVs, they're never present in the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder window, on either side of the target (before/after).

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on rare candies, The Eleventh. I hadn't thought of that.

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 11:07 PM
I've tried starting my DS a second early, and trying anything from 12 to 15 advancements, but still not getting it...btw I'm trying to rng a shiny DWF marill, Parents are both flawless, but I'm not really worrying about the IV's right now, just I'm trying for all flawless except 20 in attack, I think.
My DS type is DS lite, how many seconds early would it be good to start? And when I do press a should I press it just as the second hand changes or after it changes and is still on the number I want?

FairyWitch
2nd August 2012, 12:28 AM
No, not if you've caught the other roamers.

A combination of Rare Candies, the IV judge, the HP checker in Mistralton Pokémon Center and an online IV calculator will give you close to exact IVs (depending on how many Rare Candies you use).
Alright thanks lets tey it again then lol..yeah i already got entei and raikou just haven't posted in the discuss thread yet until i get latios..

The Eleventh
2nd August 2012, 12:41 AM
I've tried starting my DS a second early, and trying anything from 12 to 15 advancements, but still not getting it...btw I'm trying to rng a shiny DWF marill, Parents are both flawless, but I'm not really worrying about the IV's right now, just I'm trying for all flawless except 20 in attack, I think.
My DS type is DS lite, how many seconds early would it be good to start? And when I do press a should I press it just as the second hand changes or after it changes and is still on the number I want?
Since you're using a DS Lite, you should start one second before the given time. I like to press A a moment after the second hand changes. If I were you, I'd try successfully RNGing wild or stationary Pokémon before doing eggs. Some screenshots of your RNG Reporter windows would also be helpful.

AmaNoGawa
2nd August 2012, 2:16 AM
Since you're using a DS Lite, you should start one second before the given time. I like to press A a moment after the second hand changes. If I were you, I'd try successfully RNGing wild or stationary Pokémon before doing eggs. Some screenshots of your RNG Reporter windows would also be helpful.

Would Cobalion be a good stationary pokemon to start with? I've never tried RNGing wild pokemon before, so what would be my first step?

Agonist
2nd August 2012, 2:21 AM
Would Cobalion be a good stationary pokemon to start with? I've never tried RNGing wild pokemon before, so what would be my first step?

Hit your seed, and catch it.

AmaNoGawa
2nd August 2012, 2:36 AM
I know you are going to laugh at me, but how do you hit your seed? (Sorry, I've just never tried this before and the online guides confuse me too much...What method am I using with rng reporter (I have 9.93 beta and 9.95 beta, which is better?) I should use Gen. 5 IVs, standard seed?

For DS parameters, I need to do a sweet scent check, I think I know how to do that, and can you put in the min and max ivs if the calculator says they are, say, 26-27 Ivs, the max is 27 and min is 26, right?
Should I put in any held buttons? And what is soft reset? Can I choose to not fill in the initial seed if I don't know it yet? And then hit search? (Just checking to see if these are the correct steps) Then do I use the result in the time finder? Do I hit my seed just by starting the game at the time mentioned in the time finder? Do I have to advance the frame at all or will the recorder do my starting frame and the frame I'm trying to hit?

Sould I select "Search for nearby shiny frames" and "use true minimum frame?"

I really appreciate everyone's effort to answer my questions! Sorry for being a bother!

kaorusquee
2nd August 2012, 3:29 AM
Does anybody have a link to pikatimer, eontimer, or something similar? I keep trying to download the current eontimer, but it only shows half the screen on my computer. And I want to rng my legendaries on Soul Silver.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out what was wrong.

AlexBW
2nd August 2012, 3:30 AM
If the IVs are wrong then you just need to advance the IVRNG (or don't advance it if you accidentally did the first time. Simply walk 128 steps with the right number of pokemon in your party and the IV RNG will advance by that many. If your party has 3 pokemon after 128 steps your IVRNG will be frame 4 (# pokemon + 1 starting frame = 4). Do note that if you are in an area with wild pokemon (surfing, a cave, grass) walking will advance the PIDRNG too and your nature and shininess will be affected. Just recalculate your SSF and then do the right number of flips
But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help.

kaorusquee
2nd August 2012, 7:42 AM
Just caught myself a flawless timid Zapdos on Soul Silver. It took a couple tries, because even though everything, including the Elm calls, showed that I was dead on, I went past it by one. So, I subtracted one from the number of calls it said for me to do a bam! Flawless Zapdos. Caught it in the first quick ball I threw at it.

FairyWitch
3rd August 2012, 2:02 AM
I know you are going to laugh at me, but how do you hit your seed? (Sorry, I've just never tried this before and the online guides confuse me too much...What method am I using with rng reporter (I have 9.93 beta and 9.95 beta, which is better?) I should use Gen. 5 IVs, standard seed?

For DS parameters, I need to do a sweet scent check, I think I know how to do that, and can you put in the min and max ivs if the calculator says they are, say, 26-27 Ivs, the max is 27 and min is 26, right?
Should I put in any held buttons? And what is soft reset? Can I choose to not fill in the initial seed if I don't know it yet? And then hit search? (Just checking to see if these are the correct steps) Then do I use the result in the time finder? Do I hit my seed just by starting the game at the time mentioned in the time finder? Do I have to advance the frame at all or will the recorder do my starting frame and the frame I'm trying to hit?

Sould I select "Search for nearby shiny frames" and "use true minimum frame?"

I really appreciate everyone's effort to answer my questions! Sorry for being a bother!

okay one question at a time lol its alright though were here to help...sorry just overflowed with alot of questions for the first though hit a seed means the target your hitting for example you want a flawless hp dark shiny...if you get it that is your hit your seed...also first you must sweet sent a poke jot down its iv's and even the time you started your game up...date time but when doing time make sure its one sec ahead if its a ds lite or original ds when you load your game up at the loading screen of the beginning ds with the clock...lets start there...you need to find your perimeters to find the right timer for your game before rnging anything...also guys attempting this landous and with moving npc sadly :/

AmaNoGawa
3rd August 2012, 4:44 AM
Okay, thanks :)
I've got the first part of it down, and I think I've got the rest of the steps too, thanks so much! Sorry for spilling out so many questions at once! :/

pokemonjoe30
3rd August 2012, 7:26 AM
Hi, quick question. I did everything I needed to do, found my parameters, and was about to rng for terrakion when rng reporter closed. Do I have to find my ds parameters every time I close rng reporter? Thanks.

dewey911p
3rd August 2012, 9:28 AM
they should be saved in RNG Reporter, but if there was an error that forced RNG Reporter to close, your parameters may have been erased. If so, you can manually renter them, or just find them again. Under normal circumstances though, your parameters will not b erased once RNG Reporter is closed

pokemonjoe30
3rd August 2012, 7:24 PM
ok, thank you

AlexBW
3rd August 2012, 10:50 PM

But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help. It's in B/W

Pokemans man
4th August 2012, 2:41 AM
But how I know the IVRNG, I know what does PIDRNG means but I have never heard about IVRNG. If it usefull, I also know how to use the Mersenne Twister method( the one the decide only ivs) please I need help. It's in B/W

well the IVRNG is the separate rng that controls the ivs
what i have found it is easiest to do is not to manipulate it at all
which means the ivs you want should be at frame 1 ( for wild encounters ) or 8 (for breeding)
or if you are trying to rng a wild pokemon with no wandering npcs around ( such as terrakion) then you can walk 128 steps with the amount of pokemon in your party that you need to advance the ivrng by -1 pokemon ( eg if your iv frame was 6 you would take 1 from 6, because it starts at one, then walk 128 steps with 5 pokes in your party)
but dont do this for breeding because as you walk the wandering npcs will keep advancing your PIDRNG
hope this helped :D

Chauzu
4th August 2012, 10:20 AM
Ok, I'm having some trouble rnging a Staryu at Route 13 (B/W). It's my first Wild Surf rng.

I have previously managed to rng a stationary legendary (Terrakion), a flawless Ditto and a Hidden Power Grass 70 Golduck. Just to show I am able to make this work.

I have litte problem hitting my seed either, I hit it like 90% of the time. I start of trying to verify my starting frame, mashing X to get the menu up right away. So I catch the first Pokemon twice, checking IV's and all to be sure there's no mistake. Then I use Chatot to skip a frame and repeat the procedure, and then I skip two frames so that I know what to look for in the RNG reporter. This has worked before but this time, I can't find a match in the RNG Reporter, and I've checked the first 1000 frames.

I had similair problems when I first tried to catch the Golduck, so I changed my route where I tried to catch it and had no problems, and I wonder if this can be because of all the NPC's around? But surely they can't affect the frame that far? Well, in any case, I'm lost.

dewey911p
4th August 2012, 10:57 AM
route 13 does indeed have NPCs and that can affect your results. Is your IV frame 1 and is there any weather in the area? The results may not be side by side in RNG reporter, but they may be a few frames apart from each other. Also, double check to make sure the main window is setup properly and you are using a proper seed. Did you mark time finder down for surfing when you searched for a seed? Did you mark down the ability of the lead pokemon if it is relevant (synchronize, Cute Charm, Suction Cups, etc). Did you mark down the same information in the main window (wild pokemon surfing, suction cups, all that apply). Double check the setup first and make sure everything is right, and if all is right, then it could just be the NPCs/weather/Timer0

Chauzu
4th August 2012, 11:20 AM
The results may not be side by side in RNG reporter, but they may be a few frames apart from each other.

I've never heard of this before so it got me curious. I've always assumed the results need to be next to each other. But if this is the case, does it mean that I should try and find similarities; i e the results I expect aren't next to each other, but maybe 2 or 3 frames apart.

For the rest: I hit the proper seed, I've double checked the IV's several times so that's no probs. I did the timer search for surf wild and at first I didn't use any special leads, but I did put a Synchronizer now (so I guess I'll skip that). There's no weather. IV frame is 1.

And now I remember I forgot to say thanks for the quick reply! =)

The Eleventh
4th August 2012, 2:37 PM
I've never heard of this before so it got me curious. I've always assumed the results need to be next to each other. But if this is the case, does it mean that I should try and find similarities; i e the results I expect aren't next to each other, but maybe 2 or 3 frames apart.
Yes, due to the WNPCs on Route 13.

Typhlosion X
4th August 2012, 4:19 PM
Yes, due to the WNPCs on Route 13.

I've done a few RNGs on route 13 (4 Absol and a Staryu using the area I'm about to post, without having to adjust Chatters at all) and if you RNG in the patch of grass next to the Socialite and Black Belt, or in the water north of it, close to the Black Belt again, then the WNPCs won't advance there for some reason. I guess it's because the route is big enough that the part of the map where the WNPCs do advance frames isn't loaded.

Chauzu
4th August 2012, 5:57 PM
I've done a few RNGs on route 13 (4 Absol and a Staryu using the area I'm about to post, without having to adjust Chatters at all) and if you RNG in the patch of grass next to the Socialite and Black Belt, or in the water north of it, close to the Black Belt again, then the WNPCs won't advance there for some reason. I guess it's because the route is big enough that the part of the map where the WNPCs do advance frames isn't loaded.

Thousands of thanks for this! Suddenly I got the Staryu after 15 mins... Surreal after fighting for like two days, haha. Many, many thanks!

Next stop for me is to try breeding rng I guess. I hope I won't face the same problems I had before with this Staryu.

Vandslaux
4th August 2012, 8:15 PM
Thundurus's SSF would need to be at least 540 + initial PID frame, since it lasts at least 9 seconds, right? Also, would 694 be a hittable frame?

Agonist
4th August 2012, 8:41 PM
Thundurus's SSF would need to be at least 540 + initial PID frame, since it lasts at least 9 seconds, right? Also, would 694 be a hittable frame?

Yeah, that sounds right. And 694 should be hittable, but you may have to check, just in case.

V4LOVER
4th August 2012, 8:55 PM
I never got the Entralink RNG up and running, so I decided to step down and try breeding RNG first.

First, I did a simple flawless Impish Gligar (non-DW ability) from a female DW Gligar and a flawless Ditto. After a couple of tries I succeeded.

Now I took out the Ditto, put in the new Gligar, and searched for seeds (parent IVs are exactly the same, since the new father is still flawless). I found one from January 2011 that resulted in a shiny flawless DW Gligar.

I've tried this one a bit but to no avail. I have a question or two.

1. When I put in the Everstone nature, do I have to search for that nature as well, or will it automatically search for Everstone-affected frames?
2. When I receive a seed with a frame, do I advance it through running with the certain number of Pokemon in the party, or with a Chatot? The Chatot worked the first time, but it doesn't seem to work all subsequent times.

Here's the "output to .txt" for the seed that RNG Reporter gave me.

Seed - AAA6AD37317C9EF9
Frame - 73
PID - 1F8605C6
!!! - !!!
Nature - Bold
Ability - 0
Dream Ability - True
Hidden Power - Dark 70
50% F - M
25% F - M
12.5%F - M
75%F - M
Date/Time - 01/03/11 17:45:28
Keypress - None

Is this an everstone one? "Bold" is not bold, if that indicates one.

Vandslaux
4th August 2012, 8:59 PM
I did 0 flips and got Calm, Mischievous. I'm using 9.95. The only things within reason that match this are 578 and 705, but 10 flips gives Hasty, Alert to Sounds on frame 606. I'm starting to think my SSF is higher than my target frame. I've read that there's something wrong with certain versions of RNG Reporter regarding characteristics?

The Eleventh
4th August 2012, 9:04 PM
1. When I put in the Everstone nature, do I have to search for that nature as well, or will it automatically search for Everstone-affected frames?
You must enter the desired nature.

2. When I receive a seed with a frame, do I advance it through running with the certain number of Pokemon in the party, or with a Chatot? The Chatot worked the first time, but it doesn't seem to work all subsequent times.
Running advances both the IV and PIDRNG frame. The IV frame should not be advanced when breeding, so the IV frame given is always eight for breeding. You will need to advance the PID frame, though, which is done through Chatot advances.

Is this an everstone one? "Bold" is not bold, if that indicates one.
It's not an Everstone frame, then, iirc.

I did 0 flips and got Calm, Mischievous. I'm using 9.95. The only things within reason that match this are 578 and 705, but 10 flips gives Hasty, Alert to Sounds on frame 606. I'm starting to think my SSF is higher than my target frame. I've read that there's something wrong with certain versions of RNG Reporter regarding characteristics?
Any such errors should be fixed in the latest RNG Reporter. 578-606 sounds plausible to me; the rain advances are very erratic. Try twenty advances and observe your results.

Vandslaux
5th August 2012, 2:59 AM
I also have another question. The last time I tried to RNG in White 2 was just before I used the Memory Link for the first time, and now I have gotten 3 flashbacks and the Bianca battle. How does the Memory Link affect the RNG?

Typhlosion X
5th August 2012, 3:28 AM
I also have another question. The last time I tried to RNG in White 2 was just before I used the Memory Link for the first time, and now I have gotten 3 flashbacks and the Bianca battle. How does the Memory Link affect the RNG?

I've heard it just shifts a few starting frames forward by 1 frame, but other than that I don't think it does anything. I don't think there's any way to tell what seeds it messes with except through actually RNGing, at least until a new RNG Reporter's released.

Alter ego
5th August 2012, 5:24 AM
Quick question~

Because of the moving NPC in route 3, I need to know my SSF, right? So I need Sweet Scent a Pokémon in the grass arean and check it's IV's, which let's me to advance my frames correctly.

Pokemans man
5th August 2012, 6:39 AM
Well an easier method is just to press x until the menu comes up and then exit and receive the egg
Then if it corresponds to the ivs nature characteristic etc. that's you SSF and you can calculate the number of advances needed

Chauzu
5th August 2012, 3:38 PM
Woop, just got my first flawless breeding RNG! Trick Room Grimer with max HP, Atk, Def and Sp Def and 0 Spd, Sassy nature with Egg Moves Curse and Shadow Sneak.

Think I got the hang of rng now, maybe I can start helping others now. Guess I just need to try Entralink RNG now.

Guess I'll have to take that back and as a question... Just tried to RNG while fishing in BW, but on the RNG Reporter, it doesn't show all frames to me when I click generate. I've tried several seeds and they show all frames on all Encounter types except for fishing. So basically, what is this?

V4LOVER
5th August 2012, 6:03 PM
When I advance the PID with my Chatot during egg RNG, should I do it inside or outside the daycare?

The Eleventh
5th August 2012, 6:20 PM
When I advance the PID with my Chatot during egg RNG, should I do it inside or outside the daycare?
Right in front of the day care man.

Alter ego
6th August 2012, 1:05 AM
Well an easier method is just to press x until the menu comes up and then exit and receive the egg
Then if it corresponds to the ivs nature characteristic etc. that's you SSF and you can calculate the number of advances needed

Thanks for the answer. But I think it's faster to check IV's on Pokécheck than wait until the Egg hatches to check the IV's. But I have anohter question about your Actual Starting Frame in Egg breeding. Well, I heard about your SSF, which is a number around 14-20. Also RNG reporter gives me the initial PID frame, which is 48 for me right now. My question is about the Actual Start Frame. Is it the SSF or the initial PID frame PLUS the SSF? The tutorial here says the actual starting frame is slitghtly higher than your initial PID frame, so I assume it can't be only your SSF.

Sorry if this looks confusing lol

The Eleventh
6th August 2012, 1:16 AM
Is it the SSF or the initial PID frame PLUS the SSF?
The latter.

Also, the WNPCs usually advance by 3-10 (this number will likely remain consistent to each RNGer), not 14-20.

Alter ego
6th August 2012, 2:45 AM
The latter.

Also, the WNPCs usually advance by 3-10 (this number will likely remain consistent to each RNGer), not 14-20.

Thanks, I just found out NPCs advanced my frame by 2.

Chauzu
6th August 2012, 1:26 PM
Guess I'll have to take that back and as a question... Just tried to RNG while fishing in BW, but on the RNG Reporter, it doesn't show all frames to me when I click generate. I've tried several seeds and they show all frames on all Encounter types except for fishing. So basically, what is this?

nvm, realized that these are frames where you don't catch any fish. :)

V4LOVER
6th August 2012, 2:16 PM
I finally got what I was trying for after a week or so.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/207.gif
#207 Gligar ★ http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/pokeball.png
OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender: ♀
Nature: Impish| Ability: Immunity | Type: Ground / Flying
Hatch Location: Skyarrow Bridge | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Poison Sting / Sand-Attack
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Ryze
6th August 2012, 4:39 PM
Having some troubles with my first 4th gen Pokemon RNG (I RNGed my ID/SID, but that was over a month ago). I seem to consistently be 2 seconds under my target, even if i change my target seconds to be 2 above in eontimer. How can i go about fixing this?

EDIT: Scratch that! Shiny Lugia obtained! Wooooo

Delsnes
6th August 2012, 7:48 PM
Im just trying RNG for the first time and for some reason the virizion i keep trying to RNG has horrible IV's. The nature is correct but i've tried countless times trying to get the right IV's and i just fail. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

FairyWitch
6th August 2012, 10:26 PM
Im just trying RNG for the first time and for some reason the virizion i keep trying to RNG has horrible IV's. The nature is correct but i've tried countless times trying to get the right IV's and i just fail. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

your not hitting your time then your min/max frame should be 1 so it should be the iv that you started with if you hit your time right and it should be all right besides the shiny if you want it of course ;) also are you using synchronize? also make sure all your inputs in the reporter are correct...

also my dear god this landrous is a pain D: i think im hitting moving npc cuaz i know for sure i have been doing my chatot cry's right :/ Im hitting the time right cuaz its the hp dark what i want just not hitting the shiny frame...

Agonist
6th August 2012, 10:28 PM

What IV Frame are you using. Alternately, you may be getting trolled by your alternate Timer0.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 12:34 AM
Alright, stuck on a little something here: my frame is 2 and I don't know what my starting frame will be...
My shiny frame is 270, so do I have to go from frame 2 to frame 270?

Alter ego
7th August 2012, 12:39 AM
Alright, stuck on a little something here: my frame is 2 and I don't know what my starting frame will be...
My shiny frame is 270, so do I have to go from frame 2 to frame 270?

Is your frame your Shifting Staring Frame? If so, you need to add that Frame with your Initial PID Frame you found in RNG reporter. The you can start counting~

Also I have a little question. If Time Finder says "DW Ability - True" does that mean that the parents MUST have DW Ability? I found I good seed but it says DW Ability, but I don't want to get one.

Vandslaux
7th August 2012, 12:42 AM
Change the method to PIDRNG, and hit Calculate Initial PID Frame. That's your starting frame. And you'll have to walk around 128 steps with 1 poke in your party, meaning you can only have either 1 Chatot or a Sweet Scenter in your party AKA don't use that seed for wild pokemon. Try to find a frame 1 seed.

There's 2 RNGs in BW, the IV RNG and the PIDRNG. The IV RNG in your case is 2 (walk around 128 steps), and the PIDRNG frame is 270, meaning you have to keep going in and out of the 1 Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter recorded.

tl;dr Try to find a frame 1 seed.

And Alter Ego, that just means if the DW ability will be passed down on that frame, doesn't apply if you're not RNGing a DW egg.

Alter ego
7th August 2012, 12:44 AM
Change the method to PIDRNG, and hit Calculate Initial PID Frame. That's your starting frame. And you'll have to walk around 128 steps with 1 poke in your party, meaning you can only have either 1 Chatot or a Sweet Scenter in your party AKA don't use that seed for wild pokemon. Try to find a frame 1 seed.

There's 2 RNGs in BW, the IV RNG and the PIDRNG. The IV RNG in your case is 2 (walk around 128 steps), and the PIDRNG frame is 270, meaning you have to keep going in and out of the 1 Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter recorded.

And Alter Ego, that just means if the DW ability will be passed down on that frame, doesn't apply if you're not RNGing a DW egg.

So will the frame work if the parents don't have DW Abilities?

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 12:47 AM
Is your frame your Shifting Staring Frame? If so, you need to add that Frame with your Initial PID Frame you found in RNG reporter. The you can start counting~

Also I have a little question. If Time Finder says "DW Ability - True" does that mean that the parents MUST have DW Ability? I found I good seed but it says DW Ability, but I don't want to get one.

How do I know if the frame is a shifting frame? Also, there isn't a chatot pitch listed, so am I supposed to advance the frame another way?

About the DW ability, I'm almost positive that a Pokemon can't get a DW ability unless a parent has the ablility, so if neither of the parents for your pokemon have the DW ability, I think you should be safe. Are you using DW parents?

Agonist
7th August 2012, 12:47 AM

Of course, it only means if the mother has a Dream World ability, it'll be passed down. Otherwise it'll get one of it's standard abilities.

Vandslaux
7th August 2012, 12:54 AM

Yes. DW abilities have a 60% chance of being passed down if the female has the dw ability, that's just determining if the baby will have it's DW ability.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 12:55 AM

Okay, I have a frame 1 seed, so, now I need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in my party, probably Chatot, and then listen to it's cry until I hit the frame I'm trying to reach, is that right?
Thanks for helping!

Alter ego
7th August 2012, 12:56 AM
How do I know if the frame is a shifting frame? Also, there isn't a chatot pitch listed, so am I supposed to advance the frame another way?

About the DW ability, I'm almost positive that a Pokemon can't get a DW ability unless a parent has the ablility, so if neither of the parents for your pokemon have the DW ability, I think you should be safe. Are you using DW parents?

If you're RNGing in a place with WNPCS (the ones which advances your PID Frame), you need to know your SSF. You can read the FAQ here to discover your SSF, but I found out mine by hitting my seed, press X rapidly to bring up the menu (letting the seasons essage fade up by themselves) and then Sweet Scent a Pokémon. By write down it's IVs, you can see it in the Adjacent Seeds from your Starting PID frame.

About my issue, well, my parents aren't DW, so I don't want to pass any DW ability.

Of course, it only means if the mother has a Dream World ability, it'll be passed down. Otherwise it'll get one of it's standard abilities.

Yes. DW abilities have a 60% chance of being passed down if the female has the dw ability, that's just determining if the baby will have it's DW ability.

Oh, thanks for both answers. Time Finder confused me a bit since it looks like I WILL RNG a DW egg.

Vandslaux
7th August 2012, 1:14 AM
Okay, I have a frame 1 seed, so, now I need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in my party, probably Chatot, and then listen to it's cry until I hit the frame I'm trying to reach, is that right?
Thanks for helping!

Yes, except for the fact that you don't need to walk around anymore. Just have 2 Chatots with custom Chatters recorded, then use Sweet Scent.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 1:36 AM
I'm not getting it, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right, but, for captures, do I have to start my DS a second earlier than the set time?

Vandslaux
7th August 2012, 1:41 AM
I suggested walking 128 steps with 1 pokemon because that's how you advance the IV frame. But since you're using an IV frame of 1, you don't need to. Just go into the game from the DS Menu 1 second before your target time (you've calibrated, right?) and Chatot flip until you're at your target frame. If it has the right IVs but wrong nature/shininiess/pokemon, you hit your seed, but didn't get the right frame.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 2:38 AM
Could you tell me what callibrating is? Is this the part where the EonTimer comes in, because I don't know how to use it yet...:(

Vandslaux
7th August 2012, 3:11 AM
EonTimer is only used for Entralink RNGing in BW. Select the find Parameters option, then it should be self-explanatory, just fill in your DS's MAC Address, your DS type, and your version and game language. Then put in the time/date you press A from the DS Menu (not 1 second before) and find the first pokemon you encounter's IVs or IV range. Victory Road works level-wise.

BTW, you'll need to find a different seed then if that seed was found before calibrating.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 3:18 AM
Okay, thanks for the help! I'll try and see if it'll work, I've got a new seed now, and here we go! Wish me luck! :D

Delsnes
7th August 2012, 3:24 AM
your not hitting your time then your min/max frame should be 1 so it should be the iv that you started with if you hit your time right and it should be all right besides the shiny if you want it of course ;) also are you using synchronize? also make sure all your inputs in the reporter are correct...

also my dear god this landrous is a pain D: i think im hitting moving npc cuaz i know for sure i have been doing my chatot cry's right :/ Im hitting the time right cuaz its the hp dark what i want just not hitting the shiny frame...

Ohhhh okay i get it now thanks i was using chatot and all that other stuff lol thanks and yes i am using synchronize.

AmaNoGawa
7th August 2012, 3:41 AM
Still not getting it...I've calibrated and I know I'm starting at the right time...any ideas as to what's going on? Should I try some differnt frames? I have my seed right because the IVs match, but it's not shiny and doesn't have the right nature...

Agonist
7th August 2012, 4:36 AM
Still not getting it...I've calibrated and I know I'm starting at the right time...any ideas as to what's going on? Should I try some differnt frames? I have my seed right because the IVs match, but it's not shiny and doesn't have the right nature...

Need to do Chatters to advance the PIDRNG.

FairyWitch
7th August 2012, 6:37 AM
Ohhhh okay i get it now thanks i was using chatot and all that other stuff lol thanks and yes i am using synchronize.

you most welcome :) and you do need to use the chatot if your going for shiny but if your min/max is at one then you don't need chatot since you have a lead syncrhonizer i normally go for shiny encounters but since your using synchronize your frame should hit the first frame you get and the iv's should be right if you hit your time right...try that and see what happens...i never didn't go for a shiny stationary so i may be wrong about the chatot thing though double check with these other guys though...Im not positive if you need chatot or not for a stationary for a non shiny...if someone knows please correct me for him...

Delsnes
7th August 2012, 8:09 AM
you most welcome :) and you do need to use the chatot if your going for shiny but if your min/max is at one then you don't need chatot since you have a lead syncrhonizer i normally go for shiny encounters but since your using synchronize your frame should hit the first frame you get and the iv's should be right if you hit your time right...try that and see what happens...i never didn't go for a shiny stationary so i may be wrong about the chatot thing though double check with these other guys though...Im not positive if you need chatot or not for a stationary for a non shiny...if someone knows please correct me for him...

Awesome it worked! Thanks a bunch :)

FairyWitch
8th August 2012, 12:49 AM
Awesome it worked! Thanks a bunch :)

Your most welcome ;) and i got a question im tryin to rng my moltres and im not hitting any delay matches are not what im looking for...can someone tell me whats goin on and when i rnged on my ss it was fine...does it matter when i start my other game? ....im startin to rng my heartgold now...help please....

Vandslaux
8th August 2012, 2:37 AM
That happened when I was RNGing my Ho-Oh as well, I kept getting 1 result (or are all of your results not showing up?) that didn't show up in Seed to Times. And IIRC, Seed to Times is broken in 9.96.

FairyWitch
8th August 2012, 4:45 AM
That happened when I was RNGing my Ho-Oh as well, I kept getting 1 result (or are all of your results not showing up?) that didn't show up in Seed to Times. And IIRC, Seed to Times is broken in 9.96.

what happen was none of my roamers would match the any of the delays and said can not be found when i searched out roamers...then i had to change delays back to 500 and it worked and my calibrate was off so i had to update that as well was strange but in the end i am getting results now since i changed that it was very strange and i have a older version 9.95 think that might be why im having random troubles...after i get two rng from this file and then im gunna try to rng my id/sid with the box to get some flawless shinies in my heartgold game...after that im never doing that again unless i really need to...its a pain since you have to run off of one shiny seed :/ rng 6 different id's sucks lol...

Hozu
8th August 2012, 5:29 AM
Seed to time for C-Gear seeds is correct in 9.96 Alpha 16.

FairyWitch
8th August 2012, 6:06 AM
Seed to time for C-Gear seeds is correct in 9.96 Alpha 16.

were talking about 4th generation rnging seed to time but that is good to know though :) never used the c-gear stuff on black and white...

edit: someone please help im trying to rng my sid/id and im trying to find my delay i hit but im not sure exactly what to do in the box i imput everything and it says invaild year? nnvm on that i found out i need a new reporter cuaz my box was bugged, but anyway why the hell when i search ids then imput them in the time finder and no shiny spread pops out? i get nothing...i did step by step what this site (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154) told me to do?...when imput the id they show up it works but when ever i search mine out and imput it in no spreads at all are flawless please help :/

Poke_Mania97
11th August 2012, 12:26 AM
It worked :D it finally worked after months of failure! i got a flawless shiny torchic egg aww yeaah 8)

im not sure if i can post the guide that i used, but it was really useful so i advise anyone who finds rnging difficult to use it.

its called Titan's guide to 5th generation RNG abuse. there i havent actually posted the site so i shouldnt be charged with advertising?

FairyWitch
11th August 2012, 12:30 AM
It worked :D it finally worked after months of failure! i got a flawless shiny torchic egg aww yeaah 8)

congrats :) you can go post it in my discuss thread now your accomplishments :) here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting)) the thread to post your accomplishments

edit: also guys i really don't understand why my reporter and my game are not syncing with my id/sid for heartgold :/ i may just give up since i already probably annoyed a bunch of people for help on their vm's sorry dewey, eleventh, and Xvenasuar X :( i just couldn't double post...

Bubblezs
11th August 2012, 12:40 AM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows this:

If you RNG a pokemon ahead of the current date, is it considered not legit? I just RNG'd a perfect shiny vulpix and my seed was on August 17th. When I look on Pokecheck, it tells me it's probably hacked because it was hatched after the current date :( So... will it be considered okay after August 17th? If I use it for breeding, will the eggs also be considered not legit?

Thanks!

FairyWitch
11th August 2012, 1:48 AM

If you RNG a pokemon ahead of the current date, is it considered not legit? I just RNG'd a perfect shiny vulpix and my seed was on August 17th. When I look on Pokecheck, it tells me it's probably hacked because it was hatched after the current date :( So... will it be considered okay after August 17th? If I use it for breeding, will the eggs also be considered not legit?

Thanks!

tbh i don't really think that matters cuaz its not really hacked you just changed the date...if you run it through a battle and send the video and its sends that means it legit...i rnged some of my pokes back and forward but i don't know...

Poke_Mania97
11th August 2012, 12:19 PM

Thanks!

Im pretty sure that when august 17th comes, it will become legit on pokecheck. it probably thinks that cause its not August the 17th :)

dewey911p
12th August 2012, 8:58 AM

Thanks!

Pokecheck says "Invalid egg receive date" but it never says its hacked. Personally I never thought that message should be there since the date is easy to change, but is highly irrelevant to legality/legitimacy. If you RNGed it yourself you know it is legit, the date doesn't matter and what Pokecheck says doesn't matter either (you know if its hacked or not if it originated from you). Also, just wait until that date passes and the LA will turn to valid.

Poke_Mania97
12th August 2012, 2:22 PM
Wow RNG'ing these shiny eggs is the easiest thing now :o Its so simple. ive already got 3 flawless eggs :)

Chauzu
12th August 2012, 8:54 PM
Anyone know what the standard calibration for 3DS is for EonTimer? (Like -95 is standard for normal DS.)

When I first did my calibration I used the -95 and the delayed seconds gave me -424 for calibration, but I've become frustrated recently by not being able to hit seeds, espescially when breeding RNGing. So I toyed around with the parameter search today with several different starting values on the EonTimer, like -11, which gave me the same delayed seconds but when added gave me a calibration of 460.

So what I'm asking really is, is there a standard for 3DS, like -95 for DS?

dewey911p
12th August 2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone know what the standard calibration for 3DS is for EonTimer? (Like -95 is standard for normal DS.)

When I first did my calibration I used the -95 and the delayed seconds gave me -424 for calibration, but I've become frustrated recently by not being able to hit seeds, espescially when breeding RNGing. So I toyed around with the parameter search today with several different starting values on the EonTimer, like -11, which gave me the same delayed seconds but when added gave me a calibration of 460.

So what I'm asking really is, is there a standard for 3DS, like -95 for DS?

Not that I know of, but why are you using delays for egg breeding? If this is gen 4 you are talking about then i have never heard of a "standard delay" and my delay keeps fluctuating ever so slightly still. If its gen 5, use standard seed abuse (Since you mentioned parameters I'm almost sure it is gen 5) and if for some reason you are talking about gen 4, there is no set standard delay that I am aware of.

Chauzu
12th August 2012, 10:24 PM
Well, delay was the wrong word I guess. This is gen 5, standard seed, egg breeding.

I'm talking about hitting the IV seed; I haven't had much problem with this really, but lately I have a very hard time. And yes, I always triple check everything: that I check if I have Ditto/International parent, and that I choose the right method in the RNG Reporter (BW or BW International). I might have to use like 10 different seeds before I find one that works, but when I get a seed that works I can hit it in my sleep, so to say - I get it even if I'm not 100% focused and maybe press a bit bit too soon or late.

I always try each seed like 3 times and look for nature, gender and ability my Pokemon has and compare it with the frames that are generated, and if there is a match in the like top 15 frames I take my Pokemon to the battle station to confirm that it's the right one (simple since you can just compare this frame with your target frame to figure out what exact IV this Pokemon should have).

Therefore, I've had no choice but to start doubting that I'm not hitting my seed, which is why I've started to question what I've done so far. It's very strange though, only have this particular problem with eggs, not to the same extent with Wild Pokemon etc.

Well, I've tried to explain as good as I can, and I've played along now with a seed and trying to change the calibration of my EonTimer from -420 up to -500 with like 10 jumps after each try and I still managed to get the same seed like 80% of the time (incorrect seed though =() so I don't think that there's anything wrong with that... I guess I'm just being trolled or something, hard to accept though.

Dangertrout
12th August 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm a little curious about gen 4 and using cute charm pokemon in the lead. is it very difficult to RNG your TID/SID to a combination that would result in getting that 1/32 chance at shinies? and does it help make RNG abuse easier for wild pokemon, or does it interfere in your efforts to RNG?
Just curious, because I was thinking of finally learning to RNG on my Platinum game, so if that would make it easier I thought it might be worth doing.

Scot_82
12th August 2012, 11:42 PM
I was finally able to successfully abuse rng! I bred a shiny solosis and titouga. The solosis has a quiet nature and has 31 ivs in every stat but attack, which is 30. The tirtouga has an impish nature and has 31 ivs in hp, def, sp. def, and speed. Attack is 30 and sp. at is 25. Pretty good so far, but it took me FOREVER!!!!

dewey911p
13th August 2012, 12:19 AM
Well, delay was the wrong word I guess. This is gen 5, standard seed, egg breeding.

I'm talking about hitting the IV seed; I haven't had much problem with this really, but lately I have a very hard time. And yes, I always triple check everything: that I check if I have Ditto/International parent, and that I choose the right method in the RNG Reporter (BW or BW International). I might have to use like 10 different seeds before I find one that works, but when I get a seed that works I can hit it in my sleep, so to say - I get it even if I'm not 100% focused and maybe press a bit bit too soon or late.

I always try each seed like 3 times and look for nature, gender and ability my Pokemon has and compare it with the frames that are generated, and if there is a match in the like top 15 frames I take my Pokemon to the battle station to confirm that it's the right one (simple since you can just compare this frame with your target frame to figure out what exact IV this Pokemon should have).

Therefore, I've had no choice but to start doubting that I'm not hitting my seed, which is why I've started to question what I've done so far. It's very strange though, only have this particular problem with eggs, not to the same extent with Wild Pokemon etc.

Well, I've tried to explain as good as I can, and I've played along now with a seed and trying to change the calibration of my EonTimer from -420 up to -500 with like 10 jumps after each try and I still managed to get the same seed like 80% of the time (incorrect seed though =() so I don't think that there's anything wrong with that... I guess I'm just being trolled or something, hard to accept though.

Ok, first things first. If you are doing standard seed abuse, why in the world are you using Eon Timer? There are no delays with standard seed abuse so there is no need to use Eon Timer (aside from using it to keep track of the seconds on a 3DS, but still no delay or calibration is needed). I'm not sure what you are doing with Eon Timer, but it sounds like that is the first problem to tackle here,

I'm a little curious about gen 4 and using cute charm pokemon in the lead. is it very difficult to RNG your TID/SID to a combination that would result in getting that 1/32 chance at shinies? and does it help make RNG abuse easier for wild pokemon, or does it interfere in your efforts to RNG?
Just curious, because I was thinking of finally learning to RNG on my Platinum game, so if that would make it easier I thought it might be worth doing.

Its about as difficult as any other RNG really. The first gen 4 RNG i ever did was my ID for SS, not even a pokemon first to practice on, just straight into ID abuse. The only difference is that ID abuse requires a longer wait than pokemon abuse (you need time to get through the setup and all of course). In terms of actually RNGing the pokemon with a CC ID combo, the process is exactly the same as any other RNG, you just have a lot more spreads to choose from. Also, if your ID is a CC abused ID, your game will rain random shiny pokemon to the point where i have heard people complain about the copious amounts of shiny pokemon and even say they have started to run away from random shininess. All in all though, the process is the same, there are just far more options for you to choose from. Do note though, CC spreads will not work for legendary pokemon, not even Heatran, despite it having a gender.

Chauzu
13th August 2012, 10:07 AM
I'm using it since I'm on a 3DS which lacks a proper clock and even though Standard Seeds are easy compared to other things, you still need a clock. It was also part of tutorials I've viewed and it was easy to use when I did my parameter searches. As said I have no problems hitting seeds in normal cases, just for some cases I have this problem with rng breeding.

Please don't get too hanged up on the EonTimer, I can use any other clock and wait until it's 8 seconds before my target time and get the same result. EonTimer just happens to be the best I've tried. I'm no idiot, I've managed to breed plenty of flawless shinies, I'm just not hitting my seed quite as often as I'd like to when breeding in particular.

Edit: Ok, problem solved. Just discovered the adjacent seed tool, and I figured it would le me know which seed I hit everytime. But then I realized when I looked that breeding isn't like Wild Pokemon RNG in that all Pokemon in the seed has the same IV. For example, I thought before that if my target Pokemon is 31/31/31/31/31/31, and it got, say, HP, Def and Atk from it's mother, then ALL Pokemon in the seed should get 31/31/31 for the other stats. So I mistakenly thought that if my SSF Poke, for example, got HP, Sp A and Spd from their parents, then the SSF Poke should have 31 in HP, Sp D, Sp A and Spd. So yeah, I was mistaken there.

Funny thing is though that I've never questioned it before, since it has actually worked in so many seeds! I mean, it must have worked at least 25 times. Call it good or bad luck if you wish, haha.

AlexBW
14th August 2012, 4:41 PM
Please I don't understand, someone can explain me how to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon in 5th generation. I've read the smogon guide but the images doesn't help me. As I said before, in the PIDRNG method I know how to get shinies but when I try to Obtain Flawless spread, the nature and shininess are right but the iv's are all wrong. Please Help

Agonist
14th August 2012, 4:53 PM
Please I don't understand, someone can explain me how to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon in 5th generation. I've read the smogon guide but the images doesn't help me. As I said before, in the PIDRNG method I know how to get shinies but when I try to Obtain Flawless spread, the nature and shininess are right but the iv's are all wrong. Please Help

what? are you breeding or capturing? if you're breeding, you're probably just hitting the wrong PID frame.

Chauzu
14th August 2012, 6:04 PM
I think Smogon's written guide is good but lacking. I'd recommend checking bearfans YouTube vid, it gives you what you need to get started, then it's all trial and error. :)

dewey911p
14th August 2012, 10:12 PM

Do you know what your IVRNG frame is? If its 1, then you did something wrong, if you don't know what an IVRNG frame is, thats the problem. since you can get the right shiny pokemon with the right PID, I'm guessing you don't know what the IV frame is.

Agonist
14th August 2012, 11:37 PM
Do you know what your IVRNG frame is? If its 1, then you did something wrong, if you don't know what an IVRNG frame is, thats the problem. since you can get the right shiny pokemon with the right PID, I'm guessing you don't know what the IV frame is.

I doubt it's a problem with his IV frame, because of he wasn't on the right IV frame, they wouldn't be shiny. my guess is tha he's hitting a nearby shiny frame, and that's why the IVs are off.

dewey911p
15th August 2012, 1:24 AM
The PID frame and IV frame are separate (we are talking about gen 5 here right?) so even if the IVs were off, the PID would be right. My guess is he didn't advance the IV frame and just advanced the PID frame. He got the right pokemon and everything, but the IVs would match frame 1.

AxelWolf
15th August 2012, 3:49 AM
I need some serious help. I want to RNG since I never done it before but due to me using Linux/Ubuntu I am having a very hard time trying to figure everything out since some of the requirements need me to have Windows. I want to try out with the wild Pokemon. I am using Pokemon White.

Edit: I also saw I need a original DS to do the RNGing since I have a 3DS and the RNG won't work for the 3DS.

QuoteMissy
15th August 2012, 4:13 AM
The PID frame and IV frame are separate (we are talking about gen 5 here right?) so even if the IVs were off, the PID would be right. My guess is he didn't advance the IV frame and just advanced the PID frame. He got the right pokemon and everything, but the IVs would match frame 1.

How would you advance the IV frame without adversely affecting the PID frame?

Chauzu
15th August 2012, 7:17 AM
You don't - just try and find an IV frame where you don't need to move a single step (= frame 1 in most cases).

Pokemans man
15th August 2012, 8:39 AM
I need some serious help. I want to RNG since I never done it before but due to me using Linux/Ubuntu I am having a very hard time trying to figure everything out since some of the requirements need me to have Windows. I want to try out with the wild Pokemon. I am using Pokemon White.

Edit: I also saw I need a original DS to do the RNGing since I have a 3DS and the RNG won't work for the 3DS.you dont need a ds the only difference is that you have to boot up the game 8 seconds earlier and there isn't a handy clock
also im not sure if you can run rng reporter using wine but you might be able to

How would you advance the IV frame without adversely affecting the PID frame? well it is next to impossible if you are breeding because if you run 128 steps with some pokes in your party the wandering npcs will screw you up. so if you're breeding search for iv frames of 8. of course if you are just rnging wild pokes in an area with no wandering npcs you can advance the ivrng frame but its best to just leave it at 1 for wild and 8 for breeding

FairyWitch
15th August 2012, 9:04 PM
this may sound crazy but i think im gunna try to figure out wth my reporter 9.96 is being stupid on rng my id/sid on my hg version....so the only way to do this is i need some to give me a step by step in detail how to do this please cuaz ill never figure out what may or may of not did wrong just by guessing whats wrong....i can't snip tool my screen since my computer got a virus like 4 or 5 months ago and wiped it out...if its not a problem could someone tell me step by step what to do so i can figure out why when i hit my delay i do not get the same id i suppose to get...

edit: nvm got my photoshop back working so here some picks...

this is after i searched my seed i want to abuse (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter2.png)
this when i put it in the seed to time finder after searching in the pandora box (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter3.png)
this is when i confirmed im using the pid not the seed when i plugged it in the pandora box i got all the shiny frames i desired (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter4.png)

dewey911p
16th August 2012, 2:41 AM
How would you advance the IV frame without adversely affecting the PID frame?

Well it all depends on what and where you are RNGing. If you are in an area where there are wild pokemon (cave, grass, water, etc) then moving will advance the PID frame. So if you are RNGing a wild pokemon with a PID frame higher than 1 and a PID frame lower than 100, that seed won't work. However, if you are RNGing a wild pokemon and you need to advance the IV frame, just walk in the area that doesn't have wild pokemon (if possible). For example, when i RNGed ditto, my IV frame was higher than 1, but the PID was in the 90s. So i advanced the IV frame next to the grass and then stepped into the grass on step 128. This way the IV frame advanced but the PID frame didn't move more than a few frames.

well it is next to impossible if you are breeding because if you run 128 steps with some pokes in your party the wandering npcs will screw you up. so if you're breeding search for iv frames of 8. of course if you are just rnging wild pokes in an area with no wandering npcs you can advance the ivrng frame but its best to just leave it at 1 for wild and 8 for breeding

Wait, what are you doing? Just use the egg tab in RNG reporter. Searching for a hex-flawless IV frame of 8 is extremely limiting and in general a bad idea. This method will not allow you to abuse for a specific hidden power. The egg tab will take care of all of this so just use the egg option in RNG reporter and let the program do all of the work for you.

this may sound crazy but i think im gunna try to figure out wth my reporter 9.96 is being stupid on rng my id/sid on my hg version....so the only way to do this is i need some to give me a step by step in detail how to do this please cuaz ill never figure out what may or may of not did wrong just by guessing whats wrong....i can't snip tool my screen since my computer got a virus like 4 or 5 months ago and wiped it out...if its not a problem could someone tell me step by step what to do so i can figure out why when i hit my delay i do not get the same id i suppose to get...

edit: nvm got my photoshop back working so here some picks...

this is after i searched my seed i want to abuse (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter2.png)
this when i put it in the seed to time finder after searching in the pandora box (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter3.png)
this is when i confirmed im using the pid not the seed when i plugged it in the pandora box i got all the shiny frames i desired (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter4.png)

Can we also get a shot of the way you set up Pandora's box to search for the seed you hit and the results you get after one of your attempts? The problem might exsist there because your steps seem to be fine so far.

AlexSH
16th August 2012, 6:18 AM
Hey guys, great job on this thread its pretty sweet for newcomers and people who are starting in the metagame.
Anyways I've been wandering for some time what is the feud between shiny hunters and RNGers. I mean we use the same tools and all. I should know I am both xD but in preference I actually like being a shiny hunter due to the adrenaline rush. However I do RNG at times when I can't get anything to shine just to get some encouragement and keep going :D I had this encounter with an RNG SNOB on Y0ut4be and he said he was the best RNG there was and that he had RNGed any and everything possible in 5th gen. In frustration of him calling someone else a hacker I decided to try and RNG a shiny Zekrom in black 2. In my failed attempts at a virizion I began searching for an explanation in the inconsistency of the RNG just to find out it was my system all along I wouldn't have figured it out if it wasn't because of this thread xD Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Pokemans man
16th August 2012, 9:52 AM
dewey 911 i dont use rng reporter i use pprng. i have tryed using rng reporter but i like pprng better and i dont know what the eggs tab is and i dont know what was wrong with my statement.as far as i am aware there is only one way to advance the ivrng and that is to walk 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in your party to advance it x frames. however i have never done this with breeding as it is easy to find good iv spreads if you have a flawless ditto. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to advance the ivrng frame whilst breeding but if theres anything wrong with this post tell me :D

Chauzu
16th August 2012, 11:44 AM
dewey 911 i dont use rng reporter i use pprng. i have tryed using rng reporter but i like pprng better and i dont know what the eggs tab is and i dont know what was wrong with my statement.as far as i am aware there is only one way to advance the ivrng and that is to walk 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in your party to advance it x frames. however i have never done this with breeding as it is easy to find good iv spreads if you have a flawless ditto. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to advance the ivrng frame whilst breeding but if theres anything wrong with this post tell me :D

Yeah, advancing the ivrng frame being a big no-no is pretty elementary.

SkittyOnWailord
16th August 2012, 1:57 PM
I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?

dewey911p
16th August 2012, 8:07 PM

maybe i misunderstood you then :p I don't use ppRNG so the lay out you described might make more sense in that program. I use RNG Reporter and was thinking along those lines, which cause an anomaly in the process you described. However, ppRNG might be set up in such a way that you were dead on in your description, but I have no clue so I will take your word for it :p

Also, just a fun fact here, but there are other ways to advance the IVRNG too. If you move a pokemon from your PC to your party the IV frame will advance by 7, collecting an egg advances the frame by 7, walking 128 steps with X pokemon advances the frame by X and so on. There might be another method I forgot about oo, but I can't think of them at this time.

I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?

I hear B/W2 entralink abuse is easier. The C-gear will no longer advance the PIDRNG at a consistent rate, but simply advances the PID frame by a set amount when it is turned on. I don't have B/W2 yet though so you should wait for someone with more knowledge of those games, but I believe B/W2 is actually better for entralink abuse.

QuoteMissy
17th August 2012, 4:12 AM
Is there a shiny 31/30/30/31/31/31 timid frame in 4th gen? I believe there is a shiny flawless frame for timid (I think) but just to know...

FairyWitch
17th August 2012, 4:29 AM
Can we also get a shot of the way you set up Pandora's box to search for the seed you hit and the results you get after one of your attempts? The problem might exsist there because your steps seem to be fine so far.

alright ill do that for you and see what happens just need to try it again hit a delay plug it in and see what happens snap a picture and ill post for you :)

edit: also quakemaster let me check for you...im pretty sure it is but you need to mess around with your sid/id for that to happen...as a normal seed it can though...im very positive you need to use the pandora box for that...

dewey911p
17th August 2012, 4:31 AM
Is there a shiny 31/30/30/31/31/31 timid frame in 4th gen? I believe there is a shiny flawless frame for timid (I think) but just to know...

No, the 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread does not exist in gen 4 outside of eggs and yes, there is indeed a hex-flawless Timid spread. The hex-flawless Timid spread in Platinum even has an absurdly low delay of ~637. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to hit it, but sure enough, it is usable =)

FairyWitch
17th August 2012, 4:34 AM
No, the 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread does not exist in gen 4 outside of eggs and yes, there is indeed a hex-flawless Timid spread. The hex-flawless Timid spread in Platinum even has an absurdly low delay of ~637. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to hit it, but sure enough, it is usable =)

really it doesn't exist i thought maybe you can use the pandora box i searched out it as a shiny frame with the id's... i got a normal seed right now with that iv's and my raikou has that iv's for hp ice? it has to be a higher delay for me to hit though...oh well your more experience then me though about this stuff lol...

QuoteMissy
17th August 2012, 4:35 AM

darn no HP Ice heatran for me then until B2W2 comes out also, for me 637 is absurdly high since my average delay is 606 although I hit 592 before.

dewey911p
17th August 2012, 4:37 AM
really it doesn't exist i thought maybe you can use the pandora box i searched out a normal seed right now with that iv's? it has to be a higher delay for me to hit though...

Well, let me be more specific; That particular spread (31/30/30/31/31/31) doesn't exist for a TIMID nature. It does, however, come in other natures, most notably Naive.

EDIT:

darn no HP Ice heatran for me then until B2W2 comes out also, for me 637 is absurdly high for me since my average delay is 606 although I hit 592 before.

No need to quit just yet, there is always more than one IV combo that will yield a specific Hidden Power spread This HP IV calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx) may come in handy for situations like this. Any way, why not use the 30/HP_O/30/31/31/31 option? Or 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31?

FairyWitch
17th August 2012, 4:39 AM
Well, let me be more specific; That particular spread (31/30/30/31/31/31) doesn't exist for a TIMID nature. It does, however, come in other natures, most notably Naive.

i have a flawless timid raikou...hold on...

edit: nvm i got it mixed up with the iv's lol...so tired so i goofed that up :p its iv's were 30/31/30/31/31/31 hp ice...sorry for the confusion...so dewey is right i searched out timid on those iv's he said and got nothing...so no it can't be possible ;)

alright dewey got it for you now hope you can help...i got the eon timer too for you just to make sure if im doing it wrong too...
this is the eon timer shot before searching what delay to hit (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter5.png)
this is after i got a delay hit but its at 2 sec? so confusing... (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter6.png)

AxelWolf
17th August 2012, 11:47 PM
you dont need a ds the only difference is that you have to boot up the game 8 seconds earlier and there isn't a handy clock
also im not sure if you can run rng reporter using wine but you might be able to

Sadly I can not. Unless I have Windows which I do not have (I have Ubuntu), I can not download or use the RNG reporter so I can not do RNGing and get shiny/flawless Pokemon.

FairyWitch
17th August 2012, 11:53 PM
Sadly I can not. Unless I have Windows which I do not have (I have Ubuntu), I can not download or use the RNG reporter so I can not do RNGing and get shiny/flawless Pokemon.

you need windows to download the 9.96 reporter?...i thought that one was for any computer besides mac....well that sucks...also if anyone rng's 4th gen my post ^ needs help please...

dewey911p
18th August 2012, 12:30 AM
i have a flawless timid raikou...hold on...

edit: nvm i got it mixed up with the iv's lol...so tired so i goofed that up :p its iv's were 30/31/30/31/31/31 hp ice...sorry for the confusion...so dewey is right i searched out timid on those iv's he said and got nothing...so no it can't be possible ;)

alright dewey got it for you now hope you can help...i got the eon timer too for you just to make sure if im doing it wrong too...
this is the eon timer shot before searching what delay to hit (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter5.png)
this is after i got a delay hit but its at 2 sec? so confusing... (http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Eeveelover824/RNGReporter6.png)

Ok, first, you target delay should be what seed to time tells you, which in this case is 5017, and not what pandora's box told you. Change the delay from 5028 to 5017. Second, why do you have calibrated seconds set to 14? That might be the problem. To be honest, i don't even know what that box is for, i just leave it blank and adjust the target seconds as needed. That is the biggest difference that I see that i think would be throwing you off. (seriously, what is that box even for?) And finally, it might help to choose a higher delay. I don't remember how close 5017 is cutting it, but iirc you would need to rush a bit to get set up. If you take your time and go slow you might be better ready to hit A when the timer runs out instead of mashing A like crazy trying to get there in time. Try adjusting those things and see if that helps :)

FairyWitch
18th August 2012, 2:56 AM
Ok, first, you target delay should be what seed to time tells you, which in this case is 5017, and not what pandora's box told you. Change the delay from 5028 to 5017. Second, why do you have calibrated seconds set to 14? That might be the problem. To be honest, i don't even know what that box is for, i just leave it blank and adjust the target seconds as needed. That is the biggest difference that I see that i think would be throwing you off. (seriously, what is that box even for?) And finally, it might help to choose a higher delay. I don't remember how close 5017 is cutting it, but iirc you would need to rush a bit to get set up. If you take your time and go slow you might be better ready to hit A when the timer runs out instead of mashing A like crazy trying to get there in time. Try adjusting those things and see if that helps :)

alright thanks that what it was then my eon timer and also i have 14 cuaz this thread showed it to me...i mostly learned it from smogon how to set up the timer so yeah and the help of three of you guys here...ill try that and see what happens...also i have done lots of close cut delay its fun sometimes :p i did it for my first 4th gen breed shiny calm feebas i got...it was fun for the shiny frame...

smogon 4th gen guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154)

richm88
19th August 2012, 12:56 AM
i am just about to take my 1st attempt at this, i still don't understand it very well but im going to give it a shot, im aiming for a flawless metang

richm88
19th August 2012, 2:15 AM
mmm i am starting my game up on the very second of the time i input into the rng parameter finder and the correct iv's and get no results, tried it twice with 2 different pokemon on 2 different attempts, could someone suggest what i am doing wrong please. i also have the correct mac adrress in, ds and game set correct too

dewey911p
19th August 2012, 3:35 AM
mmm i am starting my game up on the very second of the time i input into the rng parameter finder and the correct iv's and get no results, tried it twice with 2 different pokemon on 2 different attempts, could someone suggest what i am doing wrong please. i also have the correct mac adrress in, ds and game set correct too

don't try to aim for any particular time just yet. load the game whenever, and then mark down the hours, minutes, and seconds. if you are not use to RNGing, your timing maybe off so just hit any time and mark it down, but don't aim for a particular time per se

DKDG
19th August 2012, 8:17 AM
I would really like to learn how to do this, but I'm scared it would mess up certain functions of my game...like if I mess with the time or whatever I read so far, would it mess up my city/forest and daily swarm?

Agonist
19th August 2012, 8:39 AM
I would really like to learn how to do this, but I'm scared it would mess up certain functions of my game...like if I mess with the time or whatever I read so far, would it mess up my city/forest and daily swarm?

no, it won't. the only thing that's really affected is your access to the Dream World.

dewey911p
19th August 2012, 9:05 AM
well, from what i hear White Forest/Black City get emptied out too, but i never had anything in there, so I'm not sure

QuoteMissy
19th August 2012, 9:09 AM
well, from what i hear White Forest/Black City get emptied out too, but i never had anything in there, so I'm not sure

Well, not exactly even though I only have 3 people in it whenever I RNG and fly to black city to level up the pokemon in the nearby routes they're still there but they have high stay rates so just keep talking/battling with everyone so the game will be more likely to keep them.

Agonist
19th August 2012, 9:22 AM

if you keep changing the time and date it actually prevents them from leaving lol.

richm88
19th August 2012, 10:18 AM
I do not need to worry about daily events and whatnot, ive done the national dex, I just want to get as many flawless pokemon in advance ready for vgc"13 so I am prepared, I don't want to miss out on the possible chance of going Hawaii or somewhere

*Edit* also I want to aim specifically for a flawless metang. To make a flawless metagross so when I start my game up and mark in the time can I just keep sweet scenting until I come across metang, catch it and enter in the IV's? Or do I need to catch a pokemon as quick as possible when I get into the game?

Pokemans man
19th August 2012, 12:02 PM
Have you found you parameters yet?
Because if you have then you can start rnging
However you might want to bear in mind the fact that it is very difficult to find flawless wild seeds and so you might want to breed a flawless beldum

Ziga
19th August 2012, 2:26 PM
Could somebody who is really pro at RNGing and is patient help me with starting to RNGing?
I read alot of guides and I dont really understand the begging part when you have to find your parameters and all the "loading the game at the right time".

So yeah, I would be really thankful if somebody could be answering my question when i try to RNG for the first time.

richm88
19th August 2012, 4:40 PM
ive got to the point where i have options to search for, currently 3 on near flawless deinos , i set the time and date and i get woobats, its at 1 frame so i don't need to take any steps just sweet scent, i cannot seem to figure out what is going on, i have to start up the game a second early too according to parameters , i really could do with some help

Ausgirl
19th August 2012, 4:47 PM
So I would like to RNG a shiny flawless Rayquaza on Emerald and I was wondering if that's possible and exactly what steps I would have to take?

Agonist
19th August 2012, 4:47 PM
ive got to the point where i have options to search for, currently 3 on near flawless deinos , i set the time and date and i get woobats, its at 1 frame so i don't need to take any steps just sweet scent, i cannot seem to figure out what is going on, i have to start up the game a second early too according to parameters , i really could do with some help

what IV frame are you using?

So I would like to RNG a shiny flawless Rayquaza on Emerald and I was wondering if that's possible and exactly what steps I would have to take?

It is possible, but extremely doubtful you'll ever be able to do it on a retail emerald cart.

richm88
19th August 2012, 4:50 PM
IV frame? as in the stats i am searching for

Ausgirl
19th August 2012, 4:54 PM
what IV frame are you using?

It is possible, but extremely doubtful you'll ever be able to do it on a retail emerald cart.

Oh what about a shiny Rayquaza with a decent nature then? Not flawless.

Agonist
19th August 2012, 4:57 PM
Oh what about a shiny Rayquaza with a decent nature then? Not flawless.

more doable, but still unlikely, since there isn't any way to RNG your ID/SID to easily produce a shiny combination on Emerald, so it would be dumb luck. Easiest solution would be to do it on a dead battery Ruby or Sapphire, since it's extremely easy to RNG your game ID, and get a decent shiny frame.

richm88
19th August 2012, 5:03 PM
so if my frame is one i only need to sweet scent and not take any steps at all and i can have up to 5 pokemon in my party?

Agonist
19th August 2012, 5:07 PM
so if my frame is one i only need to sweet scent and not take any steps at all and i can have up to 5 pokemon in my party?

do you know what an IV Frame or a PID frame is?

Ausgirl
19th August 2012, 5:10 PM
more doable, but still unlikely, since there isn't any way to RNG your ID/SID to easily produce a shiny combination on Emerald, so it would be dumb luck. Easiest solution would be to do it on a dead battery Ruby or Sapphire, since it's extremely easy to RNG your game ID, and get a decent shiny frame.

I actually know Emerald's SID which I found out by migrating a pokemon onto HG and then uploading it to Pokecheck. So would this help?

Agonist
19th August 2012, 5:14 PM
I actually know Emerald's SID which I found out by migrating a pokemon onto HG and then uploading it to Pokecheck. So would this help?

sort of, it means you can use RNG reporter to find any shiny frames your game has, but it doesn't mean they'll be good.

richm88
19th August 2012, 5:29 PM
do you know what an IV Frame or a PID frame is?im not too sure i may be doing what i need to do , im not sure, could tou please explain to me
i have all my data for a metang i just caught, i have a near flawless seed time and date with frame 5,i have 4 pokemon in my party so i need to take 128 steps and then sweet scent in the grass.
my question is does turning on the spot count as a step and can i use a repel without that counting as a step or frame?

Arvis
19th August 2012, 9:52 PM
how do you find out your sid?