PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

QuoteMissy
19th August 2012, 9:53 PM
how do you find out your sid?

The most reliable method IMO is uploading a pokemon to pokecheck and finding your SID there.

Arvis
19th August 2012, 9:57 PM
thanks quotemaster. any chance that you might have a chatot? i need one for rnging.

QuoteMissy
19th August 2012, 9:58 PM
thanks quotemaster. any chance that you might have a chatot? i need one for rnging.

yes, but let's take this to our VM's

Pokemans man
19th August 2012, 10:47 PM
im not too sure i may be doing what i need to do , im not sure, could tou please explain to me
i have all my data for a metang i just caught, i have a near flawless seed time and date with frame 5,i have 4 pokemon in my party so i need to take 128 steps and then sweet scent in the grass.
my question is does turning on the spot count as a step and can i use a repel without that counting as a step or frame?

The repel won't affect any frames it's actually the best way to count your steps and no turning around doesn't count as a step

Ziga
20th August 2012, 10:41 AM
Whats the point of the Chatot part tho? Cant normal pokemon crys be used for that? Dont get it..

FairyWitch
20th August 2012, 5:38 PM
no the chatot crys is your voice that advances the pid frames for shinies/ivs...also guys im pretty sure you can't use a different sychronizer for 4th gen on a nature sychronize frame it all has to be the same right? so if its a modest frame then it has to be a modest sychronizer right? or can you change the sychronizer? i don't think you can in 4th gen but please correct me if you can...

Vandslaux
20th August 2012, 5:45 PM
No, there's no such things as synch frames in 4th gen. If a frame requires Synchronize, it can't be changed with a different synchronizer.

FairyWitch
21st August 2012, 6:25 AM
No, there's no such things as synch frames in 4th gen. If a frame requires Synchronize, it can't be changed with a different synchronizer.

thats what i thought alright thanks i wanted to make sure i told someone the correct information...im gunna be helping her learn 4th gen rnging since she help teach me 5th gen thats why...

richm88
22nd August 2012, 12:59 AM
does anyone here rng breed? i just tried to do a scyther and kept getting the wrong natures even thought i only worked off adamant only natures, i stuck to my parameters, button presses, time and date , and was stupidly quick with my button presses because of npc's, i also did ther correct amount of chatot summaries too, anyone help?
the only possibility i can see messed it up was because my scizor was level 18 and iv's min and max were quite wide apart i had to narrow them down

dewey911p
22nd August 2012, 1:18 AM
if you have te wrong nature you missed your PID frame, and if the IVs are horrible too, you missed your seed/Timer0. Min/Max has no effect on RNGing aside from telling you how many advances to do.

richm88
22nd August 2012, 1:24 AM
if you have te wrong nature you missed your PID frame, and if the IVs are horrible too, you missed your seed/Timer0. Min/Max has no effect on RNGing aside from telling you how many advances to do.

ok well my timer0 is always c7c as far as i am aware , i tried for my pid frame 3 times, i got the right amaount of chatot summaries and also pressed the buttons super fast, the thing is how can i know if my timer0 is going to be any different as its not like i captured a wild pokemon and entered its iv's for parameters like you do when rng'ing wild pokemon OR if i am breeding with ditto do i need to put the other parents iv's in the parameters?

FairyWitch
22nd August 2012, 6:03 AM
ok well my timer0 is always c7c as far as i am aware , i tried for my pid frame 3 times, i got the right amaount of chatot summaries and also pressed the buttons super fast, the thing is how can i know if my timer0 is going to be any different as its not like i captured a wild pokemon and entered its iv's for parameters like you do when rng'ing wild pokemon OR if i am breeding with ditto do i need to put the other parents iv's in the parameters?

did you confirm your how many chatot frames correctly? cuaz its a bit different when you breed...you need to find what you hit first before you advance then minus that from the frame your hitting...once thats done you should hit your frame...if you have any buttons you need to hold until the nintendo screen fades away if you don't it will not hit the seed correctly...i assume this must be black and white since you using the timer...my first rng was breeding then i learned stationaries last...i was backwards :p

Kalytera
22nd August 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi, im pretty new to this. I've read up and watched several different rng videos, gave it a few attempts but couldn't get it to work, though i dont think im particularly stuck on anything. I might be using the wrong method for the rng im not sure.
I have a DSi and pokemon white. RNGReporter, Chatots, Eon timer with recorded chatter. I'm looking to rng egg pokemon and stationary legendary's. I'm not sure which method to use though. I get mixed reactions that standard isn't usable for dsi and to use cgear, and others that it is now possible with standard but much harder. The videos go along with a slightly outdated RNGreporter and say just to use method 5, but there is no such thing on the new RNGreporter. I've tried PIDRNG method and Standard Method both failed =S.

I Calibrated my DSi parameters, set up my IV spread, got a seed, input hex seed.Changed the time and date. Loaded game at the correct time to the second, then proceded to immediately click on the stationary pokemon(Landorus) throw a masterball, checked IV's and they were wrong. I've tried hitting my frame for Nature as well with chatots but that didn't work. (Question: if chatots do apply to the type of rng im supposed to be doing, am i supposed to hit the frame BEFORE the time that i start the pokemon engagement or does it not matter as long as I load the game at the right time, pause, chatter, then engage?

Anyways I feel like I might have done something wrong or missed some key piece of information =[ some help would be appreciated, been at it for a couple days now.

Scot_82
22nd August 2012, 4:25 PM
I am not an rng expert by any means. In fact I have only ever successfully rng'd 3 times with eggs, not stationary's. But I might have a little help for you.

I get mixed reactions that standard isn't usable for dsi and to use cgear, and others that it is now possible with standard but much harder.

I use a DSi XL and it works perfectly for me, not any harder either. No need to use the cgear method.

Loaded game at the correct time to the second

You said "to the second." Does that mean, for example, that if the seed time is 01:01:01 that you are starting the game at 01:01:01? With a DSi you need to start the game 1 second before your seed time. So in this example you would need to start the game at 01:01:00.

Agonist
22nd August 2012, 4:31 PM
DSi is three seconds ahead, DS Phat and Lite are one second.

Scot_82
22nd August 2012, 4:37 PM

that's weird...my DSi XL is 1 second. I have tried the 3 second method, but never hit my seeds. Each of my shinys was 1 second. <shrug>

The Eleventh
22nd August 2012, 4:42 PM
When using a DSi, one starts one second before the target time, as with DS and DS Lite models.

Agonist
22nd August 2012, 4:45 PM
When using a DSi, one starts one second before the target time, as with DS and DS Lite models.

oh really? hmm, I wonder why I thought it was three seconds...

Scot_82
22nd August 2012, 4:50 PM
oh really? hmm, I wonder why I thought it was three seconds...

There are some guides that say 3 seconds. I think that they are probably out of date.

The Eleventh
22nd August 2012, 4:53 PM
There are some guides that say 3 seconds. I think that they are probably out of date.
They're certainly not out of date, since the post (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3976513&postcount=824) that announced the possibility of DSi and 3DS standard abuse noted a starting time of one second early.

SkittyOnWailord
23rd August 2012, 10:17 AM
I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?

Reposting this because it was never answered. And I just remembered, 5th gen DW Pokemon can't exist in B1/W1 can they? So if that's true then can anyone give me a guide to RNGing Entralink Pokemon in B2/W2?

Pokemans man
23rd August 2012, 10:58 PM
I think it was answered but anyway I believe entralink seeds are easier to hit because they do not require delays but I am not sure as black/white 2 hasn't come out in english. Also I'm not sure about the 5th gen dw pokes not being in black/white you can always try it out and see if it works

FairyWitch
24th August 2012, 6:49 PM
guys is black and white 2 harder to rng now since of all this different machanics? i was reading this (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml) and i was just wondering :/

SkittyOnWailord
24th August 2012, 9:49 PM
I think it was answered but anyway I believe entralink seeds are easier to hit because they do not require delays but I am not sure as black/white 2 hasn't come out in english. Also I'm not sure about the 5th gen dw pokes not being in black/white you can always try it out and see if it works

If it was answered then I couldn't find it. :/ Right now I'm mostly asking how Entralink RNGing in B2/W2 works. Like which method to use and which encounter type to use. I've only RNG'd wild Pokemon in 5th gen and never done Entralink ones.

The Eleventh
24th August 2012, 9:50 PM
Reposting this because it was never answered. And I just remembered, 5th gen DW Pokemon can't exist in B1/W1 can they? So if that's true then can anyone give me a guide to RNGing Entralink Pokemon in B2/W2?
Well, you'll have to RNG it in BW2. Entralink RNGing is indeed easier in BW2, since it lacks delays. I don't know where to find a guide, or how to even go about BW2 Entralink abuse.

guys is black and white 2 harder to rng now since of all this different machanics? i was reading this (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml) and i was just wondering :/
Egg RNGing is practically impossible, but certainly not due to that change. The first egg of each save file will have the same PID (same ability (ability 0/ability1), the same gender ratio, etc.), causing immense difficulty for RNGing. Entralink abuse, as stated above, is actually easier. The other forms of RNG abuse are the same in BW2 as they were in BW.

Agonist
24th August 2012, 9:52 PM
If it was answered then I couldn't find it. :/ Right now I'm mostly asking how Entralink RNGing in B2/W2 works. Like which method to use and which encounter type to use. I've only RNG'd wild Pokemon in 5th gen and never done Entralink ones.

in BW2 it's no longer done with C-Gear seeds (since the C-Gear justs advances the PIDRNG now), but I'm not too sure how the rest of it goes. Presumably, it's more or less similar to BW, with the obvious lack of using C-Gear seeds.

dewey911p
24th August 2012, 11:14 PM

This is the best I could find http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=182068 and that is for PPRNG :/ The process i similar but you might need to fill in the blanks for RNG Reporter since the guide is for PPRNG. I wish I could help more, but I don't have the games yet so that is about all I know, and I have no experience with PPRNG either. Maybe someone with PPRNG experience can help with explain what to put into RNG Reporter?

blonde_1
24th August 2012, 11:52 PM
This is the best I could find http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=182068 and that is for PPRNG :/ The process i similar but you might need to fill in the blanks for RNG Reporter since the guide is for PPRNG. I wish I could help more, but I don't have the games yet so that is about all I know, and I have no experience with PPRNG either. Maybe someone with PPRNG experience can help with explain what to put into RNG Reporter?

Acutally, that guide is for using PPRNG to do entralink RNGing in BW, not B2W2. It explains how to use PPRNG to RNG both IVs and nature (using a 3rd timer) for c-gear entralink seeds

There is the part at the bottom for B2W2, but I don't think its complete...

lm925781
25th August 2012, 1:36 PM
Everybody I need some help.
I'm trying to RNG Thundurus with some nice IVs and a shiny sprite just now.
If the frame is ~40000, how long should I stand in the rain for?
Sorry but I can't get a smaller frame lol
Thanks in advance.

PS the seed is in Oct, that would be summer in the game.

FairyWitch
27th August 2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks in advance.

lol you the same guy that posted in the rng thread on smogon like i like i said before you have to find a frame lower i know for sure your game has to be possible to find a lower frame...try adding key presses in the search...it will take longer but it worth the wait...i heard from someone that summer is a better seed to hit is that correct? I never tried tornadus cuaz i already caught him before i learned how to rng...my advice is a lower frame first and then the others that have rng tornadus/thundrus can take over...

richm88
27th August 2012, 9:45 AM
Thanks in advance.

Also have you tried changing years aswel as keypresses, if your really struggling knock down some of the IV's a tad but aimm for the ones that don't matter

Agonist
27th August 2012, 3:45 PM
Thanks in advance.

you'll have to try through trial and error, but I'd guesstimate at least a minute, if not two or three.

blonde_1
27th August 2012, 8:15 PM
Thanks in advance.

Summer is definitely the month to look for seeds in since there's no natural weather on the route, but your going to have to do way too many chatters to hit that frame. Doing the roamer takes a lot of trial and error so you're not going to want to do 40,000 chatters each time (trust me I got annoyed when I tried doing 700...). And you can't rely on waiting in the rain because once you step out of the house the rain will only advance it a certain amount before the PID gets set for good then the rain goes away. As others have said search for a lower frame... Use all possible key presses, and widen your search date range. I searched from like 2011-2025. Even if you use a date far in the future, once you get the thundurus/tornadus you want (you can verify this since you're going for a shiny) you can save and then catch him on a normal date.

likethesky
27th August 2012, 10:14 PM
Well, I have been trying to RNG eggs now, and I'm failing.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep missing my seed every time. Occasionally, I'll get the same pokemon (as in, same characteristic, ability, gender, and nature) twice in a row.

QuoteMissy
27th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Well, I have been trying to RNG eggs now, and I'm failing.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep missing my seed every time. Occasionally, I'll get the same pokemon (as in, same characteristic, ability, gender, and nature) twice in a row.

That's because there are wandering npc's in that area, stop a frame or two before your target and press A rapidly and the wandering npc's should land you on your target.

By the way, are there any video guides on ID/SID RNG for both 4th and 5th gen?

likethesky
27th August 2012, 10:50 PM
I've been using a guide, (This one: http://rng-forums.us.to/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=17&sid=98e88fbd3a4266cc21ecfc18baf1d89d#p17) which tells me how to find my starting frame with the NPC. Every time, my results doesn't match any of the possible frames.

The Rainbow
28th August 2012, 4:23 AM
Hihi~

Any way of knowing what characteristics the wild pokemon will have?
When I right-click on the main window and click on "display characteristics in search" I see their characteristics but they don't appear when I catch them.
All 10 pokemon I captured have good IVs with the right nature but they all "Capable of taking hits".

SakuraLatias
28th August 2012, 5:48 AM
Hihi~

Any way of knowing what characteristics the wild pokemon will have?
When I right-click on the main window and click on "display characteristics in search" I see their characteristics but they don't appear when I catch them.
All 10 pokemon I captured have good IVs with the right nature but they all "Capable of taking hits".

Make sure that you click "Get IV's from IVRNG (Frame 1)", after you right-click to "Display Characteristics in Search". Then it'll display what characteristic it should have on each frame when you capture a wild Pokémon. Hope this helps.

The Rainbow
28th August 2012, 7:32 AM
I did that and its still gives me the wrong characteristic. It had the right nature and IVs just not the characteristic I wanted.

SakuraLatias
28th August 2012, 8:37 AM
I did that and its still gives me the wrong characteristic. It had the right nature and IVs just not the characteristic I wanted.

Are you using the latest version of the RNG Reporter?

The Rainbow
28th August 2012, 7:30 PM
I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95.

lm925781
29th August 2012, 12:13 PM
Oh well thank you guys I've found a seed which has a shiny at 1122. Try to see if it works fine to me lol.
Indeed I fail to hit the frame afterwards. When I do, say 634 chatters, it gives PID at 1087; When I then add 35 chatters accordingly, it gives me PID at 1156.
It's quite frustrating as each time I fail I've to do 600+ chatters all over again. Just can't get the pattern the frame advances and keep missing the frame.

Maybe I'll search for a lower shiny frame, but is the met date thing related to the date you catch it but NOT the date you did the event?

blonde_1
29th August 2012, 3:57 PM
Oh well thank you guys I've found a seed which has a shiny at 1122. Try to see if it works fine to me lol.
Indeed I fail to hit the frame afterwards. When I do, say 634 chatters, it gives PID at 1087; When I then add 35 chatters accordingly, it gives me PID at 1156.
It's quite frustrating as each time I fail I've to do 600+ chatters all over again. Just can't get the pattern the frame advances and keep missing the frame.

Maybe I'll search for a lower shiny frame, but is the met date thing related to the date you catch it but NOT the date you did the event?

It takes a lot of trial and error since the rain makes the advancements pretty erratic. How did you find your starting frame? You have to do 0 chatters, then 10, then 20, etc... you advance by ten to get a better idea of where your spread is. Doing just 1 advancement won't mean that you'll get the next frame after the one you hit, you could actually end up behind it...
Once you get a good idea of your starting frame then start going for your target and just try different numbers of chatters until you find it.

Correct the met date is the date that you catch it, not the date you release it.

lm925781
29th August 2012, 6:44 PM
It takes a lot of trial and error since the rain makes the advancements pretty erratic. How did you find your starting frame? You have to do 0 chatters, then 10, then 20, etc... you advance by ten to get a better idea of where your spread is. Doing just 1 advancement won't mean that you'll get the next frame after the one you hit, you could actually end up behind it...
Once you get a good idea of your starting frame then start going for your target and just try different numbers of chatters until you find it.

Correct the met date is the date that you catch it, not the date you release it.

Yes I did it by exactly what you say.
But still that 600+ chatters sucks, so I'm searching for seeds with lower frames now.
Glad to hear that the met date is the day you caught it, so I can search for seeds to 2050 I guess LOL.

blonde_1
29th August 2012, 7:42 PM
^^ yup that's exactly what I did. I was doing 700 at first (350 with 2 chatots) and that got really annoying to where I didn't ever want to work on it. I finally found one in 2024 that was like 140 (or 70 with 2) which was a lot better lol

Vandslaux
29th August 2012, 8:37 PM
Continuing on my attempt for a shiny Thundurus yet again. So consistently getting frame 578 with no Chatters and 612 after 10 Chatters is plausible?

blonde_1
29th August 2012, 8:41 PM
Continuing on my attempt for a shiny Thundurus yet again. So consistently getting frame 578 with no Chatters and 612 after 10 Chatters is plausible?

That sounds a little off... but keep trying more advancements do 0,10,20,30,40,50,60 and see what you get.
Are you in summer month? Any season changes happening when you walk out of the house? Are you checking the characteristics with the PID%6 method?

dewey911p
29th August 2012, 11:34 PM

Yet that is possible, and probably likely too since the rain, NPCs, and the time it takes you to get through the cut scene will all affect your frame. Remember, the PRNG will advance at ~60 FPS so if it takes just 1 secons longer to get through the scene, that is another 60 frames you have moved. Combine that with NPCs and other factors, that isn't impossible. Try to export the PID frames to a .txt file, then paste them in to an excel spreadsheet. This will make searching a lot easier and you can even separate the frames you hit to find a cluster close to each other.. This will make it easier to find your SSF. You can also try using a timer to time how long you are in the rain for. If you are in the rain for 10 seconds each and every time, the advancements should be more consistent.

? Are you checking the characteristics with the PID%6 method?

That method is obsolete as RNG Reporter will do that for you now. This makes things much easier too.

Vandslaux
29th August 2012, 11:41 PM
Yes, I'm in summer.

lm925781
30th August 2012, 10:24 AM
Hello guys I've found a seed with 31/E/30/31/31/31 IVs and a lower shiny frame at 641.
So when I try to do advances, it totally messed up.
My SSF is 461, so I do 183 chatters to go to 641. But it turned out to be at 672. So this shows me there's another SSF, 489, and this requires 152 chatters.

So the brief case is I sometimes shift between the 2 chatter values.
I find that if I chatter 183 times, I must advance to ~672; if I chatter 152 times, I must advance to ~613 vice versa.
I highly suspect that these 2 chatter values are linked to the frame I reached(which is wrong) no matter how I change the chatter value because I've marked down the frame I reached each time and tried to predict where I will be reaching and thus the "correct" no. of chatters I need.
But sadly, none of the predictions came true.
It just seems to me that the frame I reach is determined by one and only one chatter no., and when I try to change that no. accordingly, the frame changes wrongly.

So can anybody help? Thanks,

digitalfuji
30th August 2012, 11:08 AM
hey im new to the whole rng process and i was trying to get my keldeo flawless but i kept doing something wrong and now i noticed that the date changed on it the wonder card is no longer 8/27/2012 its now 11/16/2012 can anyone help with this problem

QuoteMissy
30th August 2012, 3:32 PM
hey im new to the whole rng process and i was trying to get my keldeo flawless but i kept doing something wrong and now i noticed that the date changed on it the wonder card is no longer 8/27/2012 its now 11/16/2012 can anyone help with this problem

The date doesn't mean anything, I have a wondercard with the date 4/02/12 because that was the time my DS was set to. Anyways do you still manage to hit your seed and are you picking up Keldeo in the Pokemon League pokemon center?

Also, does anyone know of any videos for ID/SID RNG for 4th gen and 5th gen?

Vandslaux
30th August 2012, 5:38 PM
Yet that is possible, and probably likely too since the rain, NPCs, and the time it takes you to get through the cut scene will all affect your frame. Remember, the PRNG will advance at ~60 FPS so if it takes just 1 secons longer to get through the scene, that is another 60 frames you have moved. Combine that with NPCs and other factors, that isn't impossible. Try to export the PID frames to a .txt file, then paste them in to an excel spreadsheet. This will make searching a lot easier and you can even separate the frames you hit to find a cluster close to each other.. This will make it easier to find your SSF. You can also try using a timer to time how long you are in the rain for. If you are in the rain for 10 seconds each and every time, the advancements should be more consistent.

I have at least triple-checked and got the same results every time.

digitalfuji
30th August 2012, 5:40 PM
The date doesn't mean anything, I have a wondercard with the date 4/02/12 because that was the time my DS was set to. Anyways do you still manage to hit your seed and are you picking up Keldeo in the Pokemon League pokemon center?

Also, does anyone know of any videos for ID/SID RNG for 4th gen and 5th gen?

oh ok that was my my concern the date on the wonder card i mean but i figured out what i was doing wrong i got the flawless keldeo :D now thx tho

FairyWitch
30th August 2012, 6:12 PM
oh ok that was my my concern the date on the wonder card i mean but i figured out what i was doing wrong i got the flawless keldeo :D now thx tho

yeah the date will be different then what you rnged it as...thats normal for wondercards...its the day you received the actual card...so yeah congrats on the flawless keldo...i still need to rng mine not sure if i should go for a certain hp type yet for my competitive battling...

blonde_1
30th August 2012, 7:58 PM
That method is obsolete as RNG Reporter will do that for you now. This makes things much easier too.

Ah cool, I use PPRNG so I didn't know... PPRNG can handle the characteristics but when I did it I don't think I set it up right, so I just made a matlab script to calculate everything for me and spit out all the possible frames :p lol

Hello guys I've found a seed with 31/E/30/31/31/31 IVs and a lower shiny frame at 641.
So when I try to do advances, it totally messed up.
My SSF is 461, so I do 183 chatters to go to 641. But it turned out to be at 672. So this shows me there's another SSF, 489, and this requires 152 chatters.

So the brief case is I sometimes shift between the 2 chatter values.
I find that if I chatter 183 times, I must advance to ~672; if I chatter 152 times, I must advance to ~613 vice versa.
I highly suspect that these 2 chatter values are linked to the frame I reached(which is wrong) no matter how I change the chatter value because I've marked down the frame I reached each time and tried to predict where I will be reaching and thus the "correct" no. of chatters I need.
But sadly, none of the predictions came true.
It just seems to me that the frame I reach is determined by one and only one chatter no., and when I try to change that no. accordingly, the frame changes wrongly.

So can anybody help? Thanks,

You need to keep trying more values in between 152 and 183. Just because your starting frame is 461 and your target is 641, it's not going to require exactly 183 chatters because the rain and npcs make the advancements very erratic. The number of chatters you do is NOT going to be exactly equivalent to how many frames it advances and what you end up hitting. That's why RNGing the roamer in BW is hard... it just takes a lot of patience and trial and error.
152 got you to 613, so add 10 and try 162 and see where you get, and so on...

Vandslaux
30th August 2012, 10:23 PM
I think I found my SSF. Your opinions?

0 Chatters = 578
10 Chatters = 612
20 Chatters = 633

Going to try 30. Characteristics also match.

Edit: 30 gives me something in the 750 range. What should min frame be set to?

Edit Edit: Why does everybody say to do it in Summer? Wouldn't it be easier in Winter, where there's a semi-consistent 260 frame advancement? So your SSF would be about 260 + initial PID frame + NPC advancements in Winter?

lm925781
31st August 2012, 5:26 AM
You need to keep trying more values in between 152 and 183. Just because your starting frame is 461 and your target is 641, it's not going to require exactly 183 chatters because the rain and npcs make the advancements very erratic. The number of chatters you do is NOT going to be exactly equivalent to how many frames it advances and what you end up hitting. That's why RNGing the roamer in BW is hard... it just takes a lot of patience and trial and error.
152 got you to 613, so add 10 and try 162 and see where you get, and so on...

Just realized that 180 gives 642(1 frame more!)...179 gives 677, WTF.
I'm going to try out all values between 152 and 183, and going to mark them down on an excel spreadsheet. Wish me good luck!

By thw way, is it normal that the frame you reach messed up?
In fact, 152 gives me 613 and 162 gives me 624, 172 gives me 631, so I assume the advancement are consistent, but now I can't say that anymore...

blonde_1
31st August 2012, 7:30 AM
I think I found my SSF. Your opinions?

0 Chatters = 578
10 Chatters = 612
20 Chatters = 633

Going to try 30. Characteristics also match.

Edit: 30 gives me something in the 750 range. What should min frame be set to?

Edit Edit: Why does everybody say to do it in Summer? Wouldn't it be easier in Winter, where there's a semi-consistent 260 frame advancement? So your SSF would be about 260 + initial PID frame + NPC advancements in Winter?

Gah! For the love of god do not do it in the winter! lol That's what I started doing at first but it does not work as you would think... my advancements were even more erratic than the summer (maybe from changing from snow->rain->snow?) and I had a hard time finding any consistencies. It was so bad that I switched to summer and just dealt with the season changing screens which were by far the lesser of two evils...

your frames seem a lot wider apart than most people find but I suppose its possible, keep trying more like up to 60. What do you mean by min frame (is that an RNGreporter thing)? Also just want to make sure you're checking all possible frames that match the nature and characteristic... I usually had a few possibilities rather than one definitive frame.

lm925781
31st August 2012, 10:01 AM
Is that ever possible for me to hit the same frame with different chatters?
For example, can I hit frame 672 with 183, 186, 188 chatters simultaneously?(I'm quite sure I've the same mashing speed each time)

Vandslaux
31st August 2012, 3:56 PM
As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.

blonde_1
31st August 2012, 6:20 PM
Is that ever possible for me to hit the same frame with different chatters?
For example, can I hit frame 672 with 183, 186, 188 chatters simultaneously?(I'm quite sure I've the same mashing speed each time)

yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...

As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.

I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...

Vandslaux
31st August 2012, 6:54 PM
I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.

lm925781
31st August 2012, 6:59 PM
yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...

I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...
Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.
By the way, how long does it take for you to get your shiny roamer?

Vandslaux
31st August 2012, 7:09 PM
Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.

Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?

Edit: I think I finally found something usable. After 11 Chatters, I got Quirky, Often dozes off, which, when I searched with a min frame of 400, brought up 477, 515, 1019 and 1139. I'm pretty sure the 1000+ ones aren't really plausible (right?) in summer?

blonde_1
31st August 2012, 7:23 PM
I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.

The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common

That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)

Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?

If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?

lm925781
31st August 2012, 7:39 PM
The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common

That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)

If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?

What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.

TopDecking Shinobi
31st August 2012, 7:55 PM
Can anyone here help me? I'm trying to RNG Dragonite outside the Dragonspiral Tower. But I can't seem to find my current frame after the Bubble Spot appears. Is there anything I can read that'll help me better understand how to RNG Shaking Grass/Dust Clouds/ Bubble Spots? Cause I can't seem to find anything, and would like to RNG this Dragonite.

blonde_1
31st August 2012, 11:31 PM
What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.

Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...

lm925781
1st September 2012, 4:41 AM
Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...

180 Chatters gives me 642(1 frame off!), which is in the 10-increment range, but the neighboring frames messed up...179 gives 667, WTF.

Edit: In the 10-increment range, the #s are quite consistently adding 10s, but all the neighboring frames messed up.

RED5150
1st September 2012, 5:17 AM
I have been trying this RNG stuff for about a week. At first, I tried to find my SID and try and get a perfect shiny Virizion. I tried this for a couple of days, and just gave up and decided to shoot for just a flawless IV spread. I recalibrated my game in the RNG program (I am using PPRNG on a Mac). I searched for a seed with my desired IV spread, and got one. I tried to hit the seed, and caught Virizion. Upon checking its IVs in a IV calculator, I was not surprised by the fact that I had caught a Virizion without the IVs I wanted. I sighed, and tried again. After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
Thanks

Pokemans man
1st September 2012, 10:08 AM
you might be starting the game too early you have to start it 1 second before the time for a normal ds and 8 seconds early for the 3ds
otherwise it might be timer0 trolling you

dewey911p
1st September 2012, 10:12 AM
After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
Thanks

You answered your own question: you hit the same seed twice. Granted, it was not the seed you were aiming for (maybe) but getting consistent results is a good first step. Is your IV frame set to 1? If you are lucky, you just need to advance the IVRNG. It is also possible that your Timer0 was off, in which case you just need to keep trying. At worst, you hit the wrong seed and your timing was off. I'm not familiar with PPRNG so I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but if you have specific questions about the program feel free to post and other Mac users will help out :)

Poke_Mania97
3rd September 2012, 2:27 AM
Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).

Too Funk to Druck
3rd September 2012, 3:21 AM
Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).

I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.

Poke_Mania97
3rd September 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.

Okay :D well here it is! The author makes it funny and goes step by step to make sure you get everything and makes it really easy to understand. Heres his Shiny Flawless egg guide, he's got otheres at the bottom, e.g. calibration guide and stationary abuse for example.

Hope it helps! http://thegamingforum.org/forum/f21/titans-guide-to-5th-generation-rng-abuse-section-5-shiny-flawless-eggs-228/#post2069

Pingouin7
3rd September 2012, 11:12 PM
Haven't seen a RNG thread for Gen III in the Gen III section, so I'm going to post this here.

I've started RNGing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Emerald.
My shiny frame is at 36 seconds and 90 milliseconds.

Smogon says that the frame is chosen as soon as I say YES to pick the Pokémon I chose.
I'm starting my stopwatch at the same time I Soft Reset (give or take a few milliseconds, I'm aware of that.)

Is there anything else I should know about RNGing for shiny Johto starters? Or am I all set?

Typhlosion X
3rd September 2012, 11:21 PM
Haven't seen a RNG thread for Gen III in the Gen III section, so I'm going to post this here.

I've started RNGing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Emerald.
My shiny frame is at 36 seconds and 90 milliseconds.

Smogon says that the frame is chosen as soon as I say YES to pick the Pokémon I chose.
I'm starting my stopwatch at the same time I Soft Reset (give or take a few milliseconds, I'm aware of that.)

Is there anything else I should know about RNGing for shiny Johto starters? Or am I all set?
You're all set, but I recommend using EonTimer over a stopwatch.

Pingouin7
4th September 2012, 12:39 AM
Hmm...
The beeping feature on ZomgTimer really does help.
Allows me to SR without having to look at the timer at all times.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Hell yeah, I got it! :D
Ended up not using ZomgTimer nor EonTimer for it, since they both weren't as accurate as I would have wanted them to be.
So I just used my trusty online stopwatch instead, sometimes using a stopwatch app on my phone.

Interestingly enough, the moment I hit the correct frame was the one when I had to go to the bathroom, so I took my phone with me + the stopwatch app, and did one reset there.
While I was waiting for the timer to reach the desired time (Had decided to SR when the timer reached 5 seconds, then picking Cyndaquil when it reached 41.90) I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I got the shiny Cyndaquil here, on the toilet."
And I did.

Here's a picture of the Cyndaquil, if anyone's interested. (http://i.imgur.com/3JevU.jpg)

kaorusquee
4th September 2012, 4:39 AM
I have a Klang sitting in my entralink on Black2. Can someone tell me how to rng it? I've never done entralink rng, and I was told it is different for the Black2/ White2 games.

Agonist
4th September 2012, 4:42 AM
I have a Klang sitting in my entralink on Black2. Can someone tell me how to rng it? I've never done entralink rng, and I was told it is different for the Black2/ White2 games.

it's a standard seed on IV frame 25, from what I've heard.

dewey911p
4th September 2012, 4:46 AM
Hmm...
The beeping feature on ZomgTimer really does help.
Allows me to SR without having to look at the timer at all times.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Hell yeah, I got it! :D
Ended up not using ZomgTimer nor EonTimer for it, since they both weren't as accurate as I would have wanted them to be.
So I just used my trusty online stopwatch instead, sometimes using a stopwatch app on my phone.

Interestingly enough, the moment I hit the correct frame was the one when I had to go to the bathroom, so I took my phone with me + the stopwatch app, and did one reset there.
While I was waiting for the timer to reach the desired time (Had decided to SR when the timer reached 5 seconds, then picking Cyndaquil when it reached 41.90) I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I got the shiny Cyndaquil here, on the toilet."
And I did.

Here's a picture, if anyone's interested. (http://i.imgur.com/3JevU.jpg)

Oh thank god, I thought the picture was of you on the toilet. But on a different note, successful RNGs are better suited to the DMP (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting)&p=15065934#post15065934) thread. Nice job nonetheless though :)

Agonist
4th September 2012, 4:53 AM

it's a standard seed on IV frame 25, from what I've heard.

Well, here's a guide with some information about

Link - info is in the second post (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=8941).

Note that he uses PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter, but the basic information regarding the Entralink is the same.

kaorusquee
4th September 2012, 5:52 AM
Well, here's a guide with some information about

Link - info is in the second post (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=8941).

Note that he uses PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter, but the basic information regarding the Entralink is the same.

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Alter ego
5th September 2012, 3:23 AM
Quick question: Is there something wrong if my SSF isn't a fixed value? When RNG for eggs, I found out it was 2, 6 and 8. I think it's better to discover it hatching an Egg without any advancements, right?

Agonist
5th September 2012, 3:24 AM
Quick question: Is there something wrong if my SSF isn't a fixed value? When RNG for eggs, I found out it was 2, 6 and 8. I think it's better to discover it hatching an Egg without any advancements, right?

there are NPCs that advance the PIDRNG while RNGing eggs.

Draco.
5th September 2012, 5:44 PM
i have tryed this, a few times, but
i never get it to work, so i just skip it.

i have an F in math xD

Pingouin7
6th September 2012, 4:09 AM
SWEET!

I hit the shiny frame for Deoxys in Emerald on my third try!

You know how Smogon says the delay for Deoxys is around 6 seconds?
Well, when I went for a test run, and figured out it actually was actually a few milliseconds after 8 seconds and not 6 seconds.

So I went and saved in front of Deoxys, pressing A on the triangle at about 11.80-11.90 seconds or something. (frame was at 20 seconds, edited my ID/SID so that this particular frame was shiny to make my life easier.)
Then, just as I decided to start recording what spreads I was getting, I stare down at the screen and see that it's shiny already!

Unarguably my shortest RNG hunt to date (The two times I RNG'd a Mew, it took me a few hours. Same with Treecko and Cyndaquil.)

Agonist
6th September 2012, 4:07 PM
i have tryed this, a few times, but
i never get it to work, so i just skip it.

i have an F in math xD

why bother posting then?

Alter ego
8th September 2012, 12:58 AM
there are NPCs that advance the PIDRNG while RNGing eggs.

I know, I've already RNGd eggs. What I meant to say is that seems the NPC in route 3 is messing with the frames randomly. It advanced the PID by 2 while RNGing my first egg; it advanced 6 frames while RNGing Elekid; Finally, it advanced 8 frames while RNGing Swinub. I heard the NPC advances the frame by a consistent number, while mine doesn't. Is it better to discover what will be the advances first since it'll be randomly advanced later?

Vandslaux
8th September 2012, 2:37 AM
I have found something consistent for RNGing my roamer. I hit a frame after 11 Chatters that has 477 with ability 0 and 515 with ability 1. I could just find somebody to help me upload it to pokecheck to see if it's ability 0 or ability 1 and then I've definitely found something useful? The next frames that match up are above 1000.

These are the results I've gotten so far, I think I'm really close to getting a shiny roamer:

0: 498
1: 501
2: 499
11: 477/515 (leaning towards 515)

dewey911p
8th September 2012, 4:08 AM
I know, I've already RNGd eggs. What I meant to say is that seems the NPC in route 3 is messing with the frames randomly. It advanced the PID by 2 while RNGing my first egg; it advanced 6 frames while RNGing Elekid; Finally, it advanced 8 frames while RNGing Swinub. I heard the NPC advances the frame by a consistent number, while mine doesn't. Is it better to discover what will be the advances first since it'll be randomly advanced later?

The NPC will advance the frame inconsistently each time, but it will advance the frame the same way for the same seed. So if you hit your seed and the NPC advances the frame by 6, it will always advance the frame by 6 for that seed. However, of you take to long opening then menu or grabbing the egg, the NPC can move again and advance the frame again. With advancements of 6 and 8 I would venture a guess that if you are a bit faster you will get more consistent results.

I have found something consistent for RNGing my roamer. I hit a frame after 11 Chatters that has 477 with ability 0 and 515 with ability 1. I could just find somebody to help me upload it to pokecheck to see if it's ability 0 or ability 1 and then I've definitely found something useful? The next frames that match up are above 1000.

These are the results I've gotten so far, I think I'm really close to getting a shiny roamer:

0: 498
1: 501
2: 499
11: 477/515 (leaning towards 515)

The roamer only has one ability (the same ability assigned to both slot 0 and slot 1) and pokecheck doesn't display the ability slot. At least I have never noticed that before. However, if you have a rebattle code, upload one of the Roamers you caught with the right IVs and look at the PID. From there export the main window results to a .txt and then open the document. Ctrl + f the PID and you will know exactly what PID frame you hit. Use the rebattle code and start searching for your SSF around the PID you got before (it will change to to the NPCs on route 7, but it will be around there as long as you are consistent. From there it is just a matter of hoping and praying that you magically hit the right frame at 60 FPS.

dewey911p
8th September 2012, 9:06 AM
Alright, so a lot of people seem to be trying gen 5 roamer abuse as of late, and i figured I would go a head and write a guide based off of what I did to get mine. It really isn't a guide though as it is all stuff you all probably know, but it is a detailed process of sorts. Think of it more like tips. Any way, it is really long, so pardon the spoiler and the double post. With out further ado:

“So you want to RNG a flawless shiny Roamer on Black and White huh? LOL, keep walking junior”

*receives determined stone glare*

“... You-you’re serious then?” *sigh* “Alright kiddo, plop a squat and we’ll see if we can make this process easier for you.”

Intro:

First, I wouldn’t really call this a “guide” per se as I probably won’t be telling you anything new or showing you anything you don’t already know. Rather, let’s call this little endeavor here “Tips for RNGing a Shiny Flawless Roamer in Black and White.” Now, before we proceed, I must confess, spelling and grammar are not my strong suit, so try to over look any tipos (;o). Also, my observations herein are surface observations only. I have not done any of this on an emulator and I have not looked at a single line of coding. If you are for more advanced technically than I am and notice some errors or inaccurate descriptions, feel free to comment and help me make this guide better! Now! In all seriousness, let’s get to it.

What you will need:

• Advanced knowledge of standard seed abuse and RNG mechanics in general.
o If this is your first attempt at RNGing, you, my young padawan, are not ready. If you have RNGed 4 eggs and a non-shiny Terrakion with an IV frame of 1, you are not ready. If you have RNGed wild flawless shiny pokemon in an area with several NPCs, or have advanced the IVRNG and then nabbed your pokemon, you are on your way. Truth be told, this will be the hardest thing you will most likely ever RNG and the more experience you have the better.
• RNG Reporter (If you seriously had to be told this, just quit now)
• Notepad or any similar program
• A DS and a Black/White game (see above comment)
• A spreadsheet program (I will include screenshots of excel 2003 for this write up)
• Eon Timer or a similar Timer (again, I used Eon Timer and so I can speak directly to that program. If you are familiar with other programs, and if they function the same way, go for it.) <- This will probably be the only “new” thing to this, and it may already be old news for all I know.

Part 1 – Setting up

First, we need to find a target seed and frame. Aim for an IV frame of 1, anything higher and you will only complicate PID manipulation later on. If you are aiming for shiny the check the “search for nearby shiny” check box and put in any number you like. Remember to search only in the months that lack natural weather on route 7, these months are 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, and 11. We will be using Eon Timer (the only “unique thing to this set of tips that I have yet to see mentioned anywhere else) to control how much the rain advances the PID so if you want to aim for a higher frame, go ahead. I still recommend setting the max to 1000 though. Remember, this is a very involved process so the longer each attempt takes you, the higher the toll on your patience and determination. For a comparison, if you aim for a low frame (my target frame was 846 and so I will use that as an example) you timer, for frame 846, will be a combine total of 24.04 seconds. Frame 5,000 would have a total wait time of 93.47 seconds, 10,000 would be 177.04 seconds, and so on and so forth. Obviously you do not want to wait in the rain for 3 minutes just to miss your PID frame or hit the wrong Timer0, so aim low. If you are having trouble finding a usable seed and/or frame, just keep searching more years, and make sure you have 3 key presses added. Okay! So now we have our seed and we are ready to set up Eon Timer:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3685/eontimer.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/eontimer.jpg/)

Yeah, I haven’t updated Eon Timer since I first downloaded it, so it might look weird, but it will function all the same (I assume). First, go to the Gen 3 tab/section as that is the timer we will be using. To be honest, I’m not sure what the “Lag” box is for, but somehow it was set to -100 (default maybe) and I just left it there. You can set it to -100 or you can leave it at whatever it is and just adjust the timer based on your result (more on that to follow). The First Timer should be, in my experience, between 9 and 11. This will still require some trial and error on your part, but all this will really do is move your SSF. The Target Frame box should be, well, your target frame.

“What is the purpose of the first Timer” you ask? Well, once you exit the house on route 7 the cut scene will begin, however the rain will not start right away. Also, in gen 3 your starting frame was 1, and since we are using the gen 3 timer, it is assumed out starting frame is 1. Combine these two factors, the rain not starting right away and the fact that our starting frame is NOT 1, and it takes about 9 to 11 seconds for Eon Timer to “catch up” as it were, with the actual frame advancements in the rain.

Alright, so lets just jump right into this shall we? Since you already know how to RNG and since you are pretty much a master at gen 5 abuse already, try to hit your seed and use Eon timer to try and get to your desired frame (as soon as the game starts pull up the menu, just like an egg RNG, close the menu and walk out of the house. At the same time, press down to leave the house and click to start Eon timer. When the first timer ends, ignore it. Get to the part where it says “Whoa, what a storm! Apparently it is that pokemon’s doing” or something to that effect. At the end of the second Timer, you will hit A to close the dialogue and watch the roamer run away. Oh, and don’t worry, the rain will keep falling after the roamer runs away, just wait for it to stop and begin the hunt!) ... ... ... Okay! So you did everything right and you check the IVs and it was something like “lol nothing over 12” right? That, my intrepid young RNG apprentice, is your other Timer0. Get use to seeing it, as you will see it 80% of the time you try to RNG your roamer.

“Wait, wait! Don’t bother switching seeds to the other Timer0 value; you are forgetting the 3 rules of RNGing:

1. Your DS and your game both hate you and are working together to ensure you fail
2. God (pick one) hates you too (all of them) and is working with your game and DS
3. Your Timer0 is completely under your control, aim for one value and there is a 95% chance you will hit the other value.

These 3 rules multiply in effect the longer you try to RNG, and a shiny roamer is the longest gen 5 RNG there is.

So, we have tried and failed to hit our seed, what next? Try again obviously! Once you hit your seed and you get the right IVs, mark down the nature and characteristic in notepad (or what ever program you are using). Then repeat, but this time add in 1, and only one Chatot view. Repeat with 2, 3, and then 4 Chatot flips and mark down the nature and characteristic for each successful attempt. After you get 5 successful RNGs in with increments of 1 Chatot flip each, you should have something that looks like:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9895/first5result.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/first5result.jpg/)

Ignore the top part, that is the info for the seed I used, and I just happened to keep all information together in the same file. So! Now we have 5 distinct natures and characteristics with 0-4 Chatot flips, what next?

Take your seed and set up the Main window of RNG reporter like so:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1677/setuprngreporter.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/setuprngreporter.jpg/)

Your starting frame will not be 300, that is far to low, but I set my starting frame to 300 just out personal preference. Max results should be at least a few hundred above you desired frame. This way, if you over shoot your target you will be able to spot it. Generate the results. Now, right click and hit “display characteristics in search”

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4402/displaycharacteristic.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/displaycharacteristic.jpg/)

Fill in the box that pops up by hitting the “get desired INRNG (from Frame 1)” box, and I hope you are indeed using an IV frame of 1

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9828/getivsfromframe1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/getivsfromframe1.jpg/)

And now right click and hit “Output Results to TXT”

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4431/outputtotxt.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/outputtotxt.jpg/)

Finally, copy and past the results from Notepad into Excel. With any luck, your spread sheet program will know that each heading deserves its own column, and if you have no luck, your spreadsheet program will just dump all info into the first cell.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8735/excel1a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/excel1a.jpg/)

Now, before we go further, there is a lot of junk information there we do not need, so if you so desire, edit out the garbage info that is irrelevant. I ended up with:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5720/excel2v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/excel2v.jpg/)

Of course, what you determine to be relevant info and irrelevant may vary, but at the bare minimum, you will need Frame, Nature, and Characteristic.

Part II - Finding your SSF

I am writing this assuming you do not have anything but what was laid out in the “What you will need” section. However, there is a short cut to this part for those with an Action Replay and a rebattle code for the roamer. I will cover this first, so if this does not apply to you, skip the colored text that follows and pick back up with the default text a little lower.

NEW!!!! With a huge thanks to Hozu for discovering this and sharing it, now anyone can find the exact PID of their roamer without having to save the game. This means you will no longer need to use AR codes to rebttle the roamer because you no longer need to upload it to pokecheck. There is a slight caveat though, you need two DS counsels and two gen 5 games (hopefully you have friends who are into pokemon!). Here's how it's done:

How to view the exact PID and IVs of Pokémon in 5th gen on retail carts without saving.

This requires two DS consoles, as well as two 5th gen games, and the ability to access the GTS.

1) Disable the option to save before IR.
2) Do a battle with the other game with the desired Pokémon you want to check in the party.
3) End the battle quickly, and save the battle video on the other game.
4) Upload the battle video to the GTS and get the number.
5) Go to Pokécheck and upload the battle video to the VS. Player.
6) Scroll down to view the exact PID, IVs, and EVs of all Pokémon involved in the battle.

With the option to save before IR disabled, the game that doesn't upload the battle video never saves. This will be most useful for Roamer and Entralink RNG captures. The ability to upload battle videos to Pokécheck's VS. Player is not hampered by the inability to upload Pokémon to Pokécheck. However, battle videos can't be deleted, so other people will forever be able to see any involved Pokémon if they know what to search for.

The pictures below that were previously for those with an AR are now applicable to those using this method as well. The only difference is that you will upload the battle video to pokecheck as oppose to the pokemon and you will view it's PID from there, as oppose to on the pokemon's summary page. It is a straightforward and easy process to find the PID of a pokemon on a battle video, so I don't think an additional picture will be necessary. However, if it is confusing, PM me or post in this thread and I will be happy to add one in.

Ok, so I probably should have mentioned this sooner, but I assume people will not even read this section. The quickest and easiest way to find your SSF is to RNG the roamer with 0 Chatot flips, catch it, and upload the pokemon to http://www.pokecheck.org/. From there, you can check the exact PID of your roamer and quickly do a ctrl + f search in notepad. Like so

Follow the instructions on Pokecheck main page to upload your roamer. Click the “Unclaimed Pokémon from my IP” link to see all pokemon uploaded from your IP in the last 24 hours. Find the roamer and click it to open its summary.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9008/pokecheck1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/pokecheck1.jpg/)

Write the PID (you should easily be able to spot it) into excel and use Ctrl + F, or whatever search function your computer uses, to find that PID in the list exported from RNG reporter

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5255/excel3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/excel3.jpg/)

If I had used the setting displayed in Eon Timer above, and did 0 Chatot flips, my SSF would be around 761. Now there are a few things to note. The NPCs on route 7 will be in different positions once you set up again, so your SSF will be different BUT IT WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO 761! That is less guess work for you. Further, you can change the seconds in Eon Timer from 10 to 11 and see if you can get even close to your target frame. Be careful though as you might overshoot. Each and every time you RNG the roamer and save, the NPCs will be in a different position when you set up again, so it is recommended that you do this only once to get a specific idea of where your SSF really is. From there, you should still follow the rest of the steps herein, but it will be much easier for you, and you can skip the next step (but I still recommend doing it).

Ok, sorry for the lengthy digression, but I am back to you now and we shall continue as if you do not have an AR and have to do everything the legit way (A.K.A the manly way ;o). So, w have 5 different natures and characteristics from our earlier attempts. Just to remind you, here is what I am working with

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9895/first5result.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/first5result.jpg/)

Now, in excel, use the search function to find all frames with the matching natures and characteristics and mark them in some fashion, like so:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/854/excel4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/excel4.jpg/)

As you can see, I took every frame that might have been one of the ones I hit and I pulled it aside. I can easily see at a glance the nature, characteristic, and frame. I choose to pull the frames to the side so it would be easier for me to spot clusters. A cluster close together will indicate your SSF. Do note though, just because there are several frames together does not mean you have found your SSF. In the screenshot above, there are 4 frames relatively close together. Upon closer inspection, however, we see that the frames, here in the early 500s, are to low to be a viable SSF. Further, there are only 4 frames close together and adamant appears twice. Since the fifth frame is missing, the frames are too low, and because a frame that should only appear once shows up twice, this cluster is obviously not our SSF. Make sure to not jump to conclusions when looking for your SSF, look through the entire spreadsheet.

So after looking through my spreadsheet I notice this little cluster

http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2518/excel7t.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/excel7t.jpg/)

Damn! I think we have found our SSF. Now the Adamant nature is a bit far out, but remember, the rain will advance the frame by ~60FPS so it is not too surprising to see one frame a little ways off. Next Time I need to be faster to be more consistent.

Okay, so I feel REALLY confident that my SSF is somewhere around 759-764, and since I hit a Naďve nature with 0 Chatot flips, I will use either 759 or 761 as my SSF. Now to advance!

Part III Controlling the PID

Now, whether you have an AR or not, the next part is the hardest part, and there is only the one way to do it, brute force, just like we did when finding our SSF. So my Target frame was 846 and my SSF was 759/761. I will pick the lower frame in this case because the rain and NPCs make it more likely to overshoot your frame then undershoot, and in the rain, 2 frames won’t make much difference just yet. So I need to do 846-759 flips (that is 87 for those who were not expecting a math problem ;o). I do the right number of flips and I get ... ... I get ... ... I get ... ... “lol nothing higher than 12.” Damn, try again. Ok, so now I get a nature and characteristic to mark down in notepad, just like we did when finding our SSF. Now, if you didn’t get your shiny (and you didn’t) keep adding and subtracting Chatot flips by 1 to get another nice little cluster of natures to search. Here is what I ended up with

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6922/chatotadvances.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/chatotadvances.jpg/)

Now here we can do things a little differently. As you try to hit your target frame, you can pull up the spreadsheet and look to see if there are any matching frames around where you hit. If your target frame is 846, and you hit a nature and characteristic that matches frame 845, and that frame is the only one for several frame, you might just want to try advancing the frame one more, or stick with the same number of advancements and hope an NPC or the rain gives you that last nudge.

Now you will notice something off about my list. First, of the 8 frames I hit, 3 are the exact same, but my frames around my target look like this

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3325/excel8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/excel8.jpg/)

So what gives? Well, there are a few possible explanations. 1.) The rain and NPCs advance the PID erratically. While we can control it to an extent with Eon Timer, even a few milliseconds off can advance the PID by several frames. 2.) With Thundurus (the little SoB I was after here) I have heard that there is a phenomenon know as “PID sticking.” What this is is that certain PID frames seem to act like magnets and you seem to stick to them. Obviously this is not good (unless your target is a magnet, in which case, you should play the lottery after this) but it does not seem to be all or nothing. I can confirm that I hit the “Lonely – Alert to sounds” frame more than any other frame, and even with different advances. But at the same time, I have hit other frames too. So, once I did 87 flips, and I hit the horrid “Lonely – Alert to sounds” The next time I did 87 flips, I hit “Quirky – Alert to sounds.” Next 3 times it was back to Lonely, and then perhaps a different frame. My own experience seems to support this, and other well known RNGers have reporter the same occurrence. However, this is, on my part at least, a surface observation I cannot back up with anything other than hearsay and experience, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless. Everything I have heard indicates that this is unique to Thundurus because it is caused by the thunder Thundurus generates. I have yet to try Tornadus (I need a break man!) but again, it is at least worth mentioning. Moving on.

If you do the number of advances that you think you should, and you can find matching frames relatively close, you are on the right path and all that is left now is to keep at it. From here it is straight guess and check, but as long as you are consistent with hitting Eon Timer at the right time you should always be in the same general area. With enough patience and with incessant attempts, your crusade will yield success!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5917/successe.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/successe.jpg/)

Part IV Natural weather:

Most guides on RNGing the roamer will tell you to search for a day in a month that has no natural weather on route 7 when you leave the house, however, this is just to make it easier for you. If you find a seed with weather, but want to use it any way, you still can. If there is rain on Route 7 before the rain generated by the roamer starts, your SSF will be ~1700, and if the screen fades from a season change, your SSF will be ~1900. Snow, on the other hand, is a lot better, and, get this, SEEMS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO PID ABUSE THE ROAMER!!!

If there is snow on route 7 before the rain starts the SSF will be pushed down to ~300 and will be predictably constant! When it is snowing on route 7, the rain cannot start right away. As such, the snow will advance the frame by 260 frames and the roamer will fly away before the rain can start. This means that the rain generated by the roamer will not move your PID frame. Sounds amazing right!? Well, it isn't all smooth sailing I'm afraid. The way the NPCs move, it makes certain frames impossible to hit. For example, if your TF is 350, and your SSF is 300, and you do 50 chatot flips, you might hit from 354. If, then, you do 46 chatot flips, you might hit frame 344. If you try again doing between 46-50 flips, you might hit frames 340, 345, 347, 351, and 354. In my experience (I have RNGed three shiny roamers in the snow), these frames will not change. Since the rain doesn't seem to affect the PID frame when it is snowing, this means that there is less room for the frame to fluctuate. As such, the NPCs (ever the pain) seem to move in such a way that some frames just cannot be hit. If you find yourself in this predicament, and you probably will, you will need a new seed. However, if you have an AR and a rebattle code, you can exit the house, retrigger the roamer, and change the month. So, when you enter the house, you should have the game set to 1 month before the actual month of your seed. This way, when you hit your seed and leave the house again, the month will fade and this will alter the frame progression. In this way, you can hit more frames. Due note, however, that this will push the SSF up to ~400. So, if you have a seed with weather, you can still use it if the TF is within range. Also, for this method I would not suggest using the Eon Timer method I described above. The snow prevents the rain from starting right away and this seems to be very helpful. The best thing to do would be to mash A as fast as you can and go from there. Personally, I have found this way makes PID abusing the roamer much easier, so much so that I RNGed 2 shiny roamers in 3 days, including seed searching! An AR is almost required, thought, as the set up can be tricky and adjustments might need to be made. All in all I would say this method, if you have the resources to pull it off, is the easiest way to PID abuse the roamer, unfortunately, it isn't always possible with just a retail cart , ergo, not everyone might be able to take this route.

The SSF for weather at a glance:

Rain with no season change = ~1700
Rain with season change = ~1900
Snow with no season change = ~300
Snow with season change = ~400

Heavy snow both looks like and acts like rain. The SSF seems to be pushed up to ~1700, but I haven't dealt with this weather phenomenon much to say with certainty. Also, one more important thing to mention is that I did all of these tests with Thundurus alone and not Tornadus. It is possible that the two behave differently so these numbers might be off for Tornadus.

And that is all there is to it really, good luck and god speed my young padawan.

Points to clarify:

-Why use Eon Timer?
If we can remain in the rain for the same amount of time each time, the frame advancements should be more consistent. This is an attempt to take some of the "human error element" out of the process. No longer do you have to mash through the cut scene and hope you mashed at the same speed, now you can know for sure (if you are good with timers) that you were in the rain for the same length of time. This is also why I recommend doing flips in increments of 1 as oppose to the usual 5-10.

-Why should I not use an IV frame higher than 1?
The NPCs on route 7 will be moving while you are in the house. So, if you take different amounts of time to advance the IVRNG, the NPCs will move differently outside. This is fine until you step outside yourself. The NPCs will be moving while the roamer is making it rain, so we want to try and get them to move in the same way each time. As such, you should try to pull up the menu as fast as possible and as soon as you close it, walk outside while starting Eon Timer. With any luck, the NPCs will also move in a consistent pattern and allow for easier control of the PIDRNG.

-Do I still need to abuse my ID/SID?
Not really. All ID abuse will do is guarantee you a low shiny frame with the nature you want. However, with enough seed searching you should easily be able to find a viable seed. I only had to search through 3 years (2012, 2011, and finally 2010) before I found the seed that netted me my new baby :3 I was even highly specific too, my spread was 30/31/30/31/31/31, Naive Nature, max shiny frame of 1000 and min/max IV frame of 1 (I also have a seed for Tornadus picked out already using the same criteria, and I only had to search through 2 years. Each seed required only 2 keypresses as well). Of course, if you are starting over you might as well go ahead and abuse your ID too, to save time seed searching if nothing else (and it really does make it much easier!).

-How will adjusting the "First Timer" box in Eon Timer affect my SSF?
For every second you are in the rain, your frame will advance ~60 frames. There will also be more advances from NPCs too, so it will be more than 60. If you set the first Timer to 10, and you come up 300 frames short of your target frame, you can A.) Do 300 Chatot flips - which i highly advise against doing- or B.) you can increase the first Timer from 10 to 12, or even 13, and see how close you are to your target frame now. If you can get within a reasonable and comfortable distance (this is up to your determination), it is just a matter of Chatot flips from there. Likewise, if your first Timer is set to 10, but you over shoot your target frame, just change the first timer from 10 to 9 and you should be in a better position to abuse your roamer now.

-What if I'm using a seed with weather and I set the accidentally set it so that 2 months fade when I leave the house; how will that affect my SSF?
While the frame will move slightly, in my tests the frame didn't move much at all. With 1 month fading I had an SSF of 394, 2 months gave me an SSF of 377 and 3 months fading gave me an SSF of 397. The frame will change a bit if you have more seasons fade away, but it isn't as significant. Just see where your SSF is and go from there.

-Written in its entirety, screenshots included, by Dewey911p (except for the quoted part from Hozu, obviously :p).

It is my first guide so be gentle, but feedback and error reports are greatly appreciated :3 Hope it helps someone at least

EDIT: If this would be better posted somewhere else, let me know.

Vandslaux
8th September 2012, 2:59 PM
How would I do this if I don't have pokecheck access? My internet hates me and blocks pokecheck. I have a rebattle code. Though it seems I've already found a consistent SSF of 499. My target is 694. Should I just do 195 Chatot flips, then adjust? Should it be close to my target?

Edit: I did 195 Chatot flips, and I got 698, 708, or 711. Should I just find somebody with pokecheck access to check the PID and then adjust and then play the slots with the erratic frame advancements?

dewey911p
8th September 2012, 10:29 PM
How would I do this if I don't have pokecheck access? My internet hates me and blocks pokecheck. I have a rebattle code. Though it seems I've already found a consistent SSF of 499. My target is 694. Should I just do 195 Chatot flips, then adjust? Should it be close to my target?

Edit: I did 195 Chatot flips, and I got 698, 708, or 711. Should I just find somebody with pokecheck access to check the PID and then adjust and then play the slots with the erratic frame advancements?

pokecheck isn't necessary, it is just a short cut that can tell you precisely the area where your SSF is. If you're using Eon Timer to keep track of the rain, try increasing the first timer by a second and see if you can get closer to your target frame. If you are ok with 195 chatot flips and are finding matching frame close to your target frame, just stay with it and, god willing, you will eventually hit the right frame.

Pingouin7
9th September 2012, 3:48 AM
Aaaaargh.
Trying to RNG a shiny, Male, Sassy-natured Oddish on Emerald right now.

But the problem is, I'm being trolled by Poochyena; found like 6-7 shiny Poochyena so far.

First one I caught because it was cool, but now it's just annoying.
At least it shows me that I'm getting better at it, since I'm getting shiny Poochyena at shorter intervals now.

(Edit: Just got a 8th one right now. And a 9th one. Maybe like a 10th one.)
And now I guess I can be certain that this frame on this particular route isn't pre-set to be a Poochyena, since I just got a Mightyena as well. And yet another shiny Mightyena!

Edit 2: I finally found something other than a Poochyena/Mightyena. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the Oddish I was looking for, but it was a Wingull.
Still, it's nice to get confirmation that I can actually find anything other than Poochyena/Mightyena from there.

But I'm starting to get the impression that the Pokémon encounter slot depends on the frame, and the shiny frame + the ones before it (using Synchronize to make it easier to hit) might not have an Oddish on there.
I've gotten 4-5 shiny Poochyena in a row (no non-shinies in-between), and I've probably encountered at least 20 shinies, of which more than half were Poochyena, maybe two were Mighytena, along with two shiny Wingull sometimes.

Edit 3: FINALLY got Oddish.
It took me well over 3-4 hours, after multiple shiny Poochyena, Mightyena, Wingull, Marill, etc.
But it was worth it.
The shiny Oddish I got back in 2006 in Emerald, which I lost due to having restarted my save file, is now mine again.
(FYI, I restarted my save file because I had used cheats which resulted in me getting stuck in a door at the Pokémon League. Permanently.)

lm925781
11th September 2012, 6:21 PM
pokecheck isn't necessary, it is just a short cut that can tell you precisely the area where your SSF is. If you're using Eon Timer to keep track of the rain, try increasing the first timer by a second and see if you can get closer to your target frame. If you are ok with 195 chatot flips and are finding matching frame close to your target frame, just stay with it and, god willing, you will eventually hit the right frame.

Well I've gave up my shiny Roamer but I'd still like to make some of the point clear(for future attempts maybe :) )
First of all, is using Eon Timer is to ensure that you stay in the rain for the same, precise period of time every time?
Also, do you mean that the rain itself advances at ~60FPS solely and the factor of WNPCs will add to the rate, making it >60FPS?
If so, is that possible to yield a different frame landed with the same # of chatters provided that I can mash through the dialogue quite consistently?

Btw for my knowledge only, are all frames hittable(coz you know the frame sticking stuff and I highly doubt that if some of the frames are unhittable because not all of the frame have the same time of appearance)?
Also is it possible to use Eon timer to replace some of the chatters?

PS, could you link me a Eon timer guide for this purpose? Haven't done any RNG prior to Gen 5 (also Entralink abuse) lol.
I don't know is it a right place to ask, but I'd also want an AR for redoing the Thundurus event, thanks!

dewey911p
12th September 2012, 1:19 AM
First of all, is using Eon Timer is to ensure that you stay in the rain for the same, precise period of time every time?

That is the purpose, yes. If you can use Eon Timer to control the length of time you are in the rain you are more likely to get consistent results with your frame advancements.

Also, do you mean that the rain itself advances at ~60FPS solely and the factor of WNPCs will add to the rate, making it >60FPS?

That is correct. The rain will advance the frame ~60 FPS and the NPCs will be moving during this time as well. All in all the frames advances will be greater than 60 FPS. However, the NPCs will advance the frame in the same way each time if you hit the same seed, so this should not affect your frame advancements much as long as you are quick enough.

If so, is that possible to yield a different frame landed with the same # of chatters provided that I can mash through the dialogue quite consistently?

Yes. The rain makes the frame advance rapidly, so if you are off even slightly your frame will be off too. That is the purpose of Eon Timer, it is to make sure you do not need to mash and that you can indeed take the same time each time.

Btw for my knowledge only, are all frames hittable(coz you know the frame sticking stuff and I highly doubt that if some of the frames are unhittable because not all of the frame have the same time of appearance)?

I cannot give a definitive answer to this as it would require someone to look at the code and do some in-depth coding research. I lack the tools, skills, and ability to do that. However, based on my experience, it doesn't appear that the "sticking" issue isn't permanent and doesn't occurs every time. I hit one particular frame more time than any other, often several times in a row, but it was not the only frame I ever hit while doing the same number of flips. Based on my surface observations alone, I would say that any frame shout be hitable with enough persistence

Also is it possible to use Eon timer to replace some of the chatters?

Yes, If using 10 seconds for the first timer puts your SSF <70 or so frames away, increase the first timer by 1. If your SSF is 700, and your target frame is 800, increasing the first timer by 1 second will move your SSF within ~30-40 frames of your target frame. Be careful though, if your SSF is to close to your target frame, you could very well over shoot your target frame all together.

PS, could you link me a Eon timer guide for this purpose? Haven't done any RNG prior to Gen 5 (also Entralink abuse) lol.

Here is Princess of Johto's entralink abuse guide. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30821) I'm not sure what you mean by Eon Timer guide as it is just a timer and doesn't really need a guide outside of the setup (which varies depending upon the RNG you are doing), but PoJ's guide is very good and I used it to learn entralink abuse myself.

lm925781
12th September 2012, 11:39 AM
That is the purpose, yes. If you can use Eon Timer to control the length of time you are in the rain you are more likely to get consistent results with your frame advancements.

That is correct. The rain will advance the frame ~60 FPS and the NPCs will be moving during this time as well. All in all the frames advances will be greater than 60 FPS. However, the NPCs will advance the frame in the same way each time if you hit the same seed, so this should not affect your frame advancements much as long as you are quick enough.

Yes. The rain makes the frame advance rapidly, so if you are off even slightly your frame will be off too. That is the purpose of Eon Timer, it is to make sure you do not need to mash and that you can indeed take the same time each time.

I cannot give a definitive answer to this as it would require someone to look at the code and do some in-depth coding research. I lack the tools, skills, and ability to do that. However, based on my experience, it doesn't appear that the "sticking" issue isn't permanent and doesn't occurs every time. I hit one particular frame more time than any other, often several times in a row, but it was not the only frame I ever hit while doing the same number of flips. Based on my surface observations alone, I would say that any frame shout be hitable with enough persistence

Yes, If using 10 seconds for the first timer puts your SSF <70 or so frames away, increase the first timer by 1. If your SSF is 700, and your target frame is 800, increasing the first timer by 1 second will move your SSF within ~30-40 frames of your target frame. Be careful though, if your SSF is to close to your target frame, you could very well over shoot your target frame all together.

Here is Princess of Johto's entralink abuse guide. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30821) I'm not sure what you mean by Eon Timer guide as it is just a timer and doesn't really need a guide outside of the setup (which varies depending upon the RNG you are doing), but PoJ's guide is very good and I used it to learn entralink abuse myself.
When is the time the PIDRNG frame starts to ram? I mean, you go outside and hear the roamer's cry, and then it comes to you, and it starts raining and finally a dialouge comes up. So at which part it is actually starting the PID ram?
So, how should the Eon timer be set? You say the pre timer is ~10, so what's that for? Is that the time lag from the moment you go outside to when the PID frame really advances? Sorry because I don't really get it.

Also can you link me an AR code for rebattling Thundurus? Don't wanna start over the whole game again : ( Thanks!

dewey911p
12th September 2012, 3:53 PM
When is the time the PIDRNG frame starts to ram? I mean, you go outside and hear the roamer's cry, and then it comes to you, and it starts raining and finally a dialouge comes up. So at which part it is actually starting the PID ram?
So, how should the Eon timer be set? You say the pre timer is ~10, so what's that for? Is that the time lag from the moment you go outside to when the PID frame really advances? Sorry because I don't really get it.

Also can you link me an AR code for rebattling Thundurus? Don't wanna start over the whole game again : ( Thanks!

Yes, the first timer is to compensate for the lag that results from the rain not starting right away, and the fact that our starting frame is not 1. In gen 3 (the timer we are using) the starting frame is one, but since our starting frame is ~40-60, we need to compensate for the difference. Setting the first timer is a way to compensate for that off set, and to go the rain enough time to advance. This is also why just putting your target frame into Eon Timer will not be enough.

As for the AR code, that breaks Serebii rules, so I cannot link you to one, but google should have the answer readily available for you

Pingouin7
14th September 2012, 5:02 AM
Hey
Does anyone know how to abuse the RNG for a specific ID number in Emerald?
I read about how to do it in Ruby/Sapphire, but I'd want to have the ID 00001 in Emerald. :/

Agonist
14th September 2012, 5:44 AM
Hey
Does anyone know how to abuse the RNG for a specific ID number in Emerald?
I read about how to do it in Ruby/Sapphire, but I'd want to have the ID 00001 in Emerald. :/

can't do it on a retail emerald cart.

Pingouin7
14th September 2012, 1:06 PM
can't do it on a retail emerald cart.

Does that imply I can do it on a non-retail emerald?

Agonist
14th September 2012, 5:50 PM
Does that imply I can do it on a non-retail emerald?

of course.

Pingouin7
14th September 2012, 10:34 PM
of course.

I'm going to suppose you don't know how, I guess.

Agonist
15th September 2012, 4:10 AM
I'm going to suppose you don't know how, I guess.

no, I've only done retail emerald abuse.

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 4:21 AM
Alright.

Well... Anyone has any idea how to use the "Pandora's box" ID/SID Manipulation tool in RNGReporter?
It actually doesn't find me any info about using it for D/P when I google search it.

dewey911p
15th September 2012, 4:40 AM
Alright.

Well... Anyone has any idea how to use the "Pandora's box" ID/SID Manipulation tool in RNGReporter?
It actually doesn't find me any info about using it for D/P when I google search it.

What version of RNG Reporter are you using? 9.95 has a bug with Pandora's box that cause it to never return any results when searching for the ID you hit. Use 9.96 or a version of RNGR early than 9.95 when tying to abuse your ID

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 5:20 AM
What version of RNG Reporter are you using? 9.95 has a bug with Pandora's box that cause it to never return any results when searching for the ID you hit. Use 9.96 or a version of RNGR early than 9.95 when tying to abuse your ID

Nevermind, went the easy way through and manually edited the ID/SID of a save file instead (Wanted to hatch a shiny Manaphy, so I had to trade the Manaphy egg to a save file with a correct ID/SID combination.)

In other words... I believe I successfully RNG'd a shiny Phione.
Haven't hatched it yet, so more details to come. :)

Edit: Yup, I did it.
I am glad I got it right on the very first try!
I would have expected it to be harder and more tedious, kind of like Emerald RNG.

Hozu
15th September 2012, 6:07 AM
Of course it's "easy" if you hack it. My quote in Dewey's sig applies quite well.

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 6:10 AM
Of course it's "easy" if you hack it. My quote in Dewey's sig applies quite well.

Your quote applies to your post, really.
Of course, if you chose to read my post, you would choose to notice how stupid that reply was.

Agonist
15th September 2012, 2:00 PM
Your quote applies to your post, really.
Of course, if you chose to read my post, you would choose to notice how stupid that reply was.

um, what? You hacked your game so it would hatch shiny. Of course that would be considered easy. <_<;

I'm not exactly sure what part of Hozu's reply is considered stupid...

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 2:09 PM
um, what? You hacked your game so it would hatch shiny. Of course that would be considered easy. <_<;

I'm not exactly sure what part of Hozu's reply is considered stupid...
http://i.imgur.com/Mqqsp.gif

Here's a huge hint

- Shiny Phione: Egg RNGing --> Much easier than I thought it would be --> absolutely nothing with ID/SID editing for shiny Manaphy

See where I'm going with that? Do you need some kind of video proof that Egg RNGing in D/P is easy or something?

Please actually read my posts before calling me out, kthx.

Agonist
15th September 2012, 2:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Mqqsp.gif

Here's a huge hint

- Shiny Phione: Egg RNGing --> Much easier than I thought it would be --> absolutely nothing with ID/SID editing for shiny Manaphy

See where I'm going with that? Do you need some kind of video proof that Egg RNGing in D/P is easy or something?

Please actually read my posts before calling me out, kthx.

Or you know, you could just not mention anything at all about editing your save file. Just because you mentioned that I'm now inclined to doubt any of the 'RNGs' you've said you've done.

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 2:52 PM
Or you know, you could just not mention anything at all about editing your save file. Just because you mentioned that I'm now inclined to doubt any of the 'RNGs' you've said you've done.

In no way does this justify your previous posts, so don't even try changing the subject.
And there is a large gap between Wondercard RNGing and Emerald/Egg RNGing.
Assuming that I hacked everything jus' 'cause I can is a very foolish claim.

Agonist
15th September 2012, 2:55 PM
In no way does this justify your previous posts.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what you think i should be justifying.

And there is a large gap between Wondercard RNGing and Emerald/Egg RNGing.

Obviously, please point out where I said there wasn't.

Assuming that I hacked everything jus' 'cause I can is a very foolish claim.

No, it's really not.

Vandslaux
15th September 2012, 8:19 PM
dafuq

yeah, I'm a bit suspicious as well. But this is clogging up the thread.

Pingouin7
15th September 2012, 11:12 PM
So... Looks like I'm reduced to making videos to show you otherwise. ;)

In no way does using a cheat to change my ID/SID on one save file shows I cheated for everything else, you would have to be firetrucking [insert word there] to think that.

Hozu
16th September 2012, 2:55 AM
Say what you will but any willing act of hacking would put you on the trading blacklist of pretty much every site that I know of. And you would definitely deserve it.

Edit: Whoops wrong thread for showing off that.

Pingouin7
16th September 2012, 2:57 AM
Say what you will but any willing act of hacking would put you on the trading blacklist of pretty much every site that I know of. And you would definitely deserve it.

... Who said I wanted to trade? ¬_¬
I see very little reason to want to trade for other Pokémon when I can obtain the same Pokémon by myself.
(And just so you know, I wouldn't give a sheet if I got put on the Trade Forums blacklist.)

Serebii
16th September 2012, 2:43 PM
People, stay on topic or I will start infracting like crazy.

Stop it.

EliteAndrew
16th September 2012, 10:23 PM
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to RNG'ing pokemon, but I was able to abuse my TID and SID on my black cartridge to get a TID of 01337 (elite) and an SID that makes a particular frame shiny (flawless IV's with synchable nature and encounter slot 6), which means I can rng a flawless wild ditto with any nature I want. I am able to clear the fog in the giant chasm, able to hit the seed, and able to hit the frame. My problem is that despite having a munna with the synchronize ability and adamant nature in the first slot in my party, my shiny flawless ditto's (I've caught two now) have a relaxed nature, which is the nature RNG reporter said they would have naturally, if it weren't for the fact that the nature in RNG reporter is bolded and (I think) should mean that the nature of the pokemon I catch on that frame should match the nature of the synchronize pokemon that is in position one in my party. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Eleventh
16th September 2012, 10:37 PM
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to RNG'ing pokemon, but I was able to abuse my TID and SID on my black cartridge to get a TID of 01337 (elite) and an SID that makes a particular frame shiny (flawless IV's with synchable nature and encounter slot 6), which means I can rng a flawless wild ditto with any nature I want. I am able to clear the fog in the giant chasm, able to hit the seed, and able to hit the frame. My problem is that despite having a munna with the synchronize ability and adamant nature in the first slot in my party, my shiny flawless ditto's (I've caught two now) have a relaxed nature, which is the nature RNG reporter said they would have naturally, if it weren't for the fact that the nature in RNG reporter is bolded and (I think) should mean that the nature of the pokemon I catch on that frame should match the nature of the synchronize pokemon that is in position one in my party. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know what the problem could be, since you appear to be hitting the correct PIDRNG frame. What happens if you note that you're using a Synchronizer in RNG Reporter?

EliteAndrew
16th September 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't know what the problem could be, since you appear to be hitting the correct PIDRNG frame. What happens if you note that you're using a Synchronizer in RNG Reporter?

If I check the box marked "synch frames only" on the main screen of RNG reporter, my target frame shows up... is that what you're asking? Also, if I press the synchronize button and select adamant, the target frame shows as bolded adamant. Has anyone known RNG reporter to be wrong about a frame being synch-able? Also, does it make a difference that I am using sweet scent to start the encounter? Or that the munna was caught on my white cartridge and traded over, so I am not recognized as the original trainer? Or that the munna is level one? Sorry about so many questions, I'm just brain storming.

Pingouin7
16th September 2012, 11:23 PM
If I check the box marked "synch frames only" on the main screen of RNG reporter, my target frame shows up... is that what you're asking? Also, if I press the synchronize button and select adamant, the target frame shows as bolded adamant. Has anyone known RNG reporter to be wrong about a frame being synch-able? Also, does it make a difference that I am using sweet scent to start the encounter? Or that the munna was caught on my white cartridge and traded over, so I am not recognized as the original trainer? Or that the munna is level one? Sorry about so many questions, I'm just brain storming.

If I'm correct, Synchronize would only work 50% of the time.
Maybe you were on an unlucky streak and kept having Synchronize miss? http://gbatemp.net/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif
(Don't take my word on it, as I know next to nothing about Gen V RNG, I'm just throwing ideas around.)

EliteAndrew
16th September 2012, 11:34 PM
If I'm correct, Synchronize would only work 50% of the time.
Maybe you were on an unlucky streak and kept having Synchronize miss? http://gbatemp.net/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif
(Don't take my word on it, as I know next to nothing about Gen V RNG, I'm just throwing ideas around.)

I've actually never used synchronize while trying to rng, but my understanding is that if the frame you are trying to hit has a bolded nature in RNG reporter, then if you have a pokemon with the synchronize ability in the first slot of your party, if you hit your frame, the pokemon you catch will ALWAYS have the same nature as the synchronize pokemon... of course, my experience is telling me differently, which is why I am asking the experts.

Too Funk to Druck
17th September 2012, 12:11 AM

huh, that sounds like you're doing everything right? What version of RNG Reporter are you using? It's possible that one you're using is messed up, and is giving you the wrong frame.

EliteAndrew
17th September 2012, 12:15 AM
I'm using rng reporter 9.95 beta... is that the current version?

Too Funk to Druck
17th September 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm using rng reporter 9.95 beta... is that the current version?

I believe that that's the latest publicly released one, though 9.96 Alpha is available if you can find it. I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while though since I recently got a Mac.

Have you tried other seeds? I'm pretty sure I remember being able to use Synchronize frames, so that seems weird.

EliteAndrew
17th September 2012, 12:25 AM
I haven't tried other seeds with wild caught pokemon, as honestly this particular seed is the only one I care about. The reason is that it's shiny, flawless, and the ditto encounter number... If I can't figure it out, it's not the end of the world, I still have shiny flawless ditto's, I was just hoping to be able to have any nature I wanted.

Pingouin7
17th September 2012, 12:48 AM
I haven't tried other seeds with wild caught pokemon, as honestly this particular seed is the only one I care about. The reason is that it's shiny, flawless, and the ditto encounter number... If I can't figure it out, it's not the end of the world, I still have shiny flawless ditto's, I was just hoping to be able to have any nature I wanted.

Yeah, I agree that being able to get any nature you wanted would be super great, since that would make it easier to pass down that nature while breeding.
Oh well. At least you would still be able to get that nature on the other parent for Everstone-ing. :/

dewey911p
17th September 2012, 1:07 AM

Just throwing this out there, did you double check the nature of your Munna? Relaxed sounds like a physically defensive trick room nature, and Munna is best at defending and trick room, so a relaxed Munna isn't unheard of. You could also try another sync pokemon just to see if there is an issue there. Where the Munna came from, what level it is, and any other fact is really irrelevant. as long as it has sync, and the right nature, your frame should be that nature as well. As far as I know 9.95 does not have any bugs with wild captures and sync frames, so I would assume the issue is somewhere else.

Agonist
17th September 2012, 2:21 AM
I believe that that's the latest publicly released one, though 9.96 Alpha is available if you can find it. I haven't used RNG Reporter in a while though since I recently got a Mac.

Have you tried other seeds? I'm pretty sure I remember being able to use Synchronize frames, so that seems weird.

9.96 Alpha 17 (http://bit.ly/QQBJEw) is the latest release.

Too Funk to Druck
17th September 2012, 3:03 AM
What IV/PID frame ranges should I look for when doing a cave spot RNG?

Pingouin7
17th September 2012, 3:28 AM
Does anyone have knowledge of how to properly RNG for Wondercard Pokémon?
The guide on Smogon was too confusing to follow and the only video I could find on YT was a bad quality one that didn't help at all.

EliteAndrew
17th September 2012, 3:30 AM

Thank you for the link. I tried again with the latest version and RNG reporter still shows the nature on that frame as black, bolded relaxed nature. (Relaxed) I'll try other synch pokemon and other frames to see if I can figure out what's going on.

QuoteMissy
17th September 2012, 3:53 AM
The guide on Smogon was too confusing to follow and the only video I could find on YT was a bad quality one that didn't help at all.

If it's on 5th gen treat it the same as stationary RNG, but I recommend RNG your wondercard at the Pokemon League tent-center so wandering npcs won't bother your frame advances.

That link works, but the program won't run for some reason.

dewey911p
17th September 2012, 4:00 AM

gen 5 wondercards are simple PID advancements, so just do the right number of chatot flips and adjust if you miss the frame.

That link works, but the program won't run for some reason.

the newer version of RNG Reporter require an update to the .NET Framework. Usually there is an accompanying download for .NET 4.5 on the same page as the new RNGR. Note, though, that this update is not compatible with Windows XP and earlier.

QuoteMissy
17th September 2012, 4:04 AM
the newer version of RNG Reporter require an update to the .NET Framework. Usually there is an accompanying download for .NET 4.5 on the same page as the new RNGR. Note, though, that this update is not compatible with Windows XP and earlier.

Crud...

Well, is there a way to RNG the Lati twins in B2W2? I know the mechanics will be different since the Lati's come to you instead of you going up to them and saving in their faces.

Pingouin7
17th September 2012, 4:10 AM
If it's on 5th gen treat it the same as stationary RNG, but I recommend RNG your wondercard at the Pokemon League tent-center so wandering npcs won't bother your frame advances.

gen 5 wondercards are simple PID advancements, so just do the right number of chatot flips and adjust if you miss the frame.

Oh yeah, sorry for not being more precise, but I was talking about Gen IV Wondercards.
But thanks for the advice for Gen V anyway, might come in handy later.

EliteAndrew
17th September 2012, 6:03 AM

Okay, I did some testing, and the pokemon I am using to synchronize does work on other bolded nature frames in the seed I am using. Unless I hear another explanation I'm thinking that RNG reporter has a mistake and my shiny frame should not be bolded.

Agonist
17th September 2012, 2:24 PM
Okay, I did some testing, and the pokemon I am using to synchronize does work on other bolded nature frames in the seed I am using. Unless I hear another explanation I'm thinking that RNG reporter has a mistake and my shiny frame should not be bolded.

that is entirely possible. In Gen 5 it's not too hard to find another useable shiny seed, so that's what I'd recommend you do.

lm925781
17th September 2012, 6:36 PM
Crud...

Well, is there a way to RNG the Lati twins in B2W2? I know the mechanics will be different since the Lati's come to you instead of you going up to them and saving in their faces.

Certainly yes. Just do it like any Gen V stationary abuses: Hit the seed, chatters and capture.
But here are some notable points you may need to beware of:
1. The timer0 fluctuates tremendously and I'm sure you'll feel frustrated. Just keep trying and don't change your seed.(The reason why I put this first is because it's the most difficult problem in my trials. If it do nothing to you, you should go buy lottery ; ))
2. There are some WNPCs there, maybe 2-3. But usually I press X to call off the menu and immediately press right to encounter Latios, it doesn't appear to me a problem at all.
3. The timer0 changes between values in such a way that for 1-2 consequent tries it will be the same.
e.g., my B2 appears like 1103-1103-1105-1107-1107-1106-1106-1104-1104-1104, etc. So that's the reason why I said don't change your seed.

I get my HP fire Latios very soon (maybe about a few hours after I determined to do that) so it shouldn't be a problem to you, just keep patient.

Edit: Oh yes just to say, you save one step in front the event-triggering tile(hope you know what I mean...) and others are in the same nutshell.

And hey guys I'm quite confused when I tried my ID/SID abuse in White1 according to smogon's guide.
I used the latest version of RNG Reporter which is alpha 17, and because I know when I started my journey from the trainer card, so I searched for that day.
The reporter says my initial frame is 24, and my target frame is 34, so according to smogon, 10 advances. (I don't think I've done such thing when I started tho)
However when I tried to do 10 advances it doesn't give my original ID/SID combo which I aimed for at that moment (for that piece **** of cloud), and I figured out doing 0 advances does work.
So what's the problem? How come it skipped 10 frames even I didn't advance at all?
Just to be safe, I was told to advance 1 frame by saying "No" once when Dr. Juniper asks my name.

Too Funk to Druck
17th September 2012, 10:17 PM
What IV/PID frame ranges should I look for when doing a cave spot RNG?
:( No responses yet?

dewey911p
17th September 2012, 10:54 PM
:( No responses yet?

Set the IV range from 1-6 (with 3 pokemon in your party, 2 Chatot's and a sync, this gives you up to 383 steps to find a dust cloud) and set the PID upwards of 500. With a SSF of ~50, after advancing the IVRNG once, your SSF will be pushing 300, iirc, and so the more advancements you do, the higher your SSF will go. You will also have to do a few test runs to find your SSF after walking around the cave too. This process may be easier now as the newer versions of RNG Reporter and PPRNG might have dust cloud support. If so, you might not have to aimlessly walk around hoping for a dust cloud and then hoping it is a pokemon and not lolPoisonGem. Not sure if they do though, but I have read a few things about it so maybe.

Pingouin7
19th September 2012, 2:32 AM
Did anyone here ever successfully RNGed for a certain ID number in Diamond/Pearl?
RNGReporter is extremely confusing; I get a seed for a delay of 6011, then when I enter that seed in Seed to Time, it says that seed is a delay of 5999?
Different versions give me different results all the time, and each time, the delay shown in Seed to Time is always different than the one shown in Pandora's Box.

Which one am I supposed to trust?

Agonist
19th September 2012, 2:35 AM
Crud...

No one answered this, so I will. Yes it possible, and the mechanics are exactly the same. All you have to do is save one step before you trigger their encounter, and go from there.

QuoteMissy
19th September 2012, 3:33 AM
No one answered this, so I will. Yes it possible, and the mechanics are exactly the same. All you have to do is save one step before you trigger their encounter, and go from there.

Thank you Agonist but Im925781 answered it but it's always good to have a second opinion, I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any fancy mechanics involved for RNGing the Lati dragons, it's a relief that there isn't.

dewey911p
19th September 2012, 5:43 AM
Did anyone here ever successfully RNGed for a certain ID number in Diamond/Pearl?
RNGReporter is extremely confusing; I get a seed for a delay of 6011, then when I enter that seed in Seed to Time, it says that seed is a delay of 5999?
Different versions give me different results all the time, and each time, the delay shown in Seed to Time is always different than the one shown in Pandora's Box.

Which one am I supposed to trust?

9.95 had a bug in Pandora's ox that where it wouldn;t return any results when you tried to search for your seed. Earlier versions of RNGR had a bug the wouldn;t return the right delay you would need to use. some version give different delays in the results window and time finder (use Timer Finder results). I would recommend using 9.96 A 17 as I just used that a few days ago to RNG my own ID on Platinum and it worked just fine. If you don;t have that version and cannot download it, you might have to use two different version of RNGR to finally get what you want. I use to use 9.81 and 9.95 to RNG my ID before I got 9.96 A 17.

Pingouin7
19th September 2012, 12:59 PM
9.95 had a bug in Pandora's ox that where it wouldn;t return any results when you tried to search for your seed. Earlier versions of RNGR had a bug the wouldn;t return the right delay you would need to use. some version give different delays in the results window and time finder (use Timer Finder results). I would recommend using 9.96 A 17 as I just used that a few days ago to RNG my own ID on Platinum and it worked just fine. If you don;t have that version and cannot download it, you might have to use two different version of RNGR to finally get what you want. I use to use 9.81 and 9.95 to RNG my ID before I got 9.96 A 17.

Thank you very much, I will have to look into that. :D

QuoteMissy
27th September 2012, 6:39 AM
Has anyone had problems with downloading EonTimer lately? For some reason, I can't get it to work anymore.

Agonist
27th September 2012, 6:27 PM
This URL should work fine (http://bit.ly/toastplusone). If it doesn't work, you should probably post it in Toast's EonTimer thread over on Smogon.

QuoteMissy
30th September 2012, 4:01 AM
This URL should work fine (http://bit.ly/toastplusone). If it doesn't work, you should probably post it in Toast's EonTimer thread over on Smogon.

Well I used the URL I think it might be a problem with my computer since the main RNG Reporter link for 9.95 BETA stopped working for me as well and had to use the MediaFire link.

Anyways when I try to use the RNG Reporter link for 9.81 to IDRNG it turns into RNG Reporter 9.93, will that still work? Also, is it possible to IDRNG without the use of EonTimer?

joffice
3rd October 2012, 10:27 AM
I'm having a bit of RNG trouble in 4th gen.

So I'm currently using RNG reporter 9.96 Alpha to which i used to id/sid abuse HG to get a couple shiny flawless spreads. However, when i try to RNG a stationary legendary Pokemon (there are no wandering npcs), the frame "skips" by 10 when i do the correct amount of frame advancements (which i've done multiple times). For example, the PID i want is on frame 114 and i advance the frame 113 times but when i capture the Poke, it's seems to be on frame 124 instead. I've tried this for a different amount of random frame advancements (say 100) and it works out completely fine (Poke is on frame 101). The only problem here is if i advance the frame 113 times, the Poke will not be on frame 114 after the encounter.

Any explanation of why that happens whenever i try to RNG for that specific PID?

SakuraLatias
4th October 2012, 3:15 AM
I'm having a bit of RNG trouble in 4th gen.

So I'm currently using RNG reporter 9.96 Alpha to which i used to id/sid abuse HG to get a couple shiny flawless spreads. However, when i try to RNG a stationary legendary Pokemon (there are no wandering npcs), the frame "skips" by 10 when i do the correct amount of frame advancements (which i've done multiple times). For example, the PID i want is on frame 114 and i advance the frame 113 times but when i capture the Poke, it's seems to be on frame 124 instead. I've tried this for a different amount of random frame advancements (say 100) and it works out completely fine (Poke is on frame 101). The only problem here is if i advance the frame 113 times, the Poke will not be on frame 114 after the encounter.

Any explanation of why that happens whenever i try to RNG for that specific PID?

If you advance the frame 113 times, after the 10 Elm calls, then you predict that is on frame 124. Subtract 10 from 113. So you can advance 103 times, not 113. Hope this helps.

Onto my question, regarding Gen 5. Is it just me, or someone is having trouble breeding in B2/W2? I kept getting Relaxed nature, no matter what seed I use, even on a shiny seed. My Samurott (father), is flawless. Ditto (mother), has random IV's that I got a while back. Everstone is not on either parents. Should I let one of the parents hold the Everstone and/or have one of the parents should be international?

joffice
4th October 2012, 4:05 AM
If you advance the frame 113 times, after the 10 Elm calls, then you predict that is on frame 124. Subtract 10 from 113. So you can advance 103 times, not 113. Hope this helps.

Oh, sorry i forgot to mention that the Elm Calls were accounted for within the 113 advancements already. So i count the Elm calls 10 times and advance the frame 103 times, but for some reason the encounter is on frame 124 and not 114. I've done this multiple times already so there's no way i did the frame advancements wrong but i have no idea why the RNG is acting like this.

Onto my question, regarding Gen 5. Is it just me, or someone is having trouble breeding in B2/W2? I kept getting Relaxed nature, no matter what seed I use, even on a shiny seed. My Samurott (father), is flawless. Ditto (mother), has random IV's that I got a while back. Everstone is not on either parents. Should I let one of the parents hold the Everstone and/or have one of the parents should be international?

Oh and to answer your question, I believe that the mechanics for egg rnging are different now for B2/W2 in which the first egg that you picked up will always be generated with exactly the same PID even after you try to rng that same exact egg again.

SakuraLatias
4th October 2012, 4:32 AM
Oh, sorry i forgot to mention that the Elm Calls were accounted for within the 113 advancements already. So i count the Elm calls 10 times and advance the frame 103 times, but for some reason the encounter is on frame 124 and not 114. I've done this multiple times already so there's no way i did the frame advancements wrong but i have no idea why the RNG is acting like this.

Oh and to answer your question, I believe that the mechanics for egg rnging are different now for B2/W2 in which the first egg that you picked up will always be generated with exactly the same PID even after you try to rng that same exact egg again.

Try advancing 93 times.

Really? Time to RNG in W1 in breeding...

joffice
4th October 2012, 4:37 AM
Try advancing 93 times.

Really? Time to RNG in W1 in breeding...

I've tried that already. For every other frame advancements i do (Elm calls accounted for and everything), i get the correct frame. When i advanced it 93 times, the encounter was on frame 94 and this happened for all the frame advancements that i've tried except for the frame that i am aiming for. >.>

Yup, you're better off RNGing in B/W instead of B2/W2.

QuoteMissy
4th October 2012, 4:50 AM
I've tried that already. For every other frame advancements i do (Elm calls accounted for and everything), i get the correct frame. When i advanced it 93 times, the encounter was on frame 94 and this happened for all the frame advancements that i've tried except for the frame that i am aiming for. >.>

Yup, you're better off RNGing in B/W instead of B2/W2.

Yeah, in B2W2 it's easier to RNG in the Entralink compared to B1W1, however the trade-off was having egg RNGs nearly impossible on B2W2, so I would egg RNG primarily on B1W1 and Entralink RNG primarily on B2W2.

Agonist
4th October 2012, 6:08 PM
Yeah, in B2W2 it's easier to RNG in the Entralink compared to B1W1, however the trade-off was having egg RNGs nearly impossible on B2W2, so I would egg RNG primarily on B1W1 and Entralink RNG primarily on B2W2.

don't forget that there are many more Timer0's in BW2, as well.

FairyWitch
5th October 2012, 4:35 PM
does anyone know if they fix the breeding side for rnging for bw2 cuaz some told me it harde and should i still rng all my stuff on black then transfer just asking?...man i haven't posted in awhile XD

joffice
5th October 2012, 6:21 PM
Ok, so i'm still having trouble with RNGing in HG. So, I'm still trying to RNG Pokes with a Timid frame of 114, but when i advance the frame 113 times (Elm calls accounted for), it seems that I get a totally different PID (and not frame 124 as i mentioned earlier) with a Naughty nature. I've also tried this for other seeds with this same PID and i get the exact Naughty natured Poke as previously stated. However, all other PID's in the frame remain the same as seen in RNG Reporter, which is odd to why only this Timid frame is off. I've even tried RNGing for the other flawless (Modest) "paired" IV spread and that works out fine as well. Also, note that the PID for this shiny frame does not need a synchronizer and the same problem exists when i try to RNG Pokes with this PID using the Method 1 generation.

I've already RNGed a couple Pokes sometime last week in the same HG game with this Timid PID , but for some reason when I tried to RNG this week, I get a Naughty nature instead of Timid. Any suggestions on why my game is like this or did I do something wrong?

does anyone know if they fix the breeding side for rnging for bw2 cuaz some told me it harde and should i still rng all my stuff on black then transfer just asking?...man i haven't posted in awhile XD

Yeah, you should still egg rng on the original B/W games since with the new rng mechanics in B2/W2, it's extremely difficult to egg rng there.

MSK
7th October 2012, 2:32 AM
Hi all haven't been here for ages, been so busy RNGing all the Wifi and instore events that haven't really had time to do much. But my US copy of White 2 arrives on Monday and I've already found my parameters on my Jap copy of Black 2. So my question is . . and apologies if this has been answered earlier but I'm too lazy to read all the previous pages lol . . . in the hidden hollows areas do the pokemon count as a Stationary RNG or is there something different to it.

Agonist
7th October 2012, 2:34 AM
Stationary.

MSK
7th October 2012, 2:47 AM
Brilliant, thanks Agonist. Do you know if they can be RNG'd shiny? I heard some people saying they couldn't. And also people are saying the gender is set when they are generated so the only thing you can RNG is the IV's and nature, is this true? Just so I don't waste time looking for a female to breed from if it's only ever going to be male.

dewey911p
7th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Brilliant, thanks Agonist. Do you know if they can be RNG'd shiny? I heard some people saying they couldn't. And also people are saying the gender is set when they are generated so the only thing you can RNG is the IV's and nature, is this true? Just so I don't waste time looking for a female to breed from if it's only ever going to be male.

The hidden Grotto pokemon cannot be shiny if you RNG them in the Grotto (but the females can be bred of course) and the gender is set once the pokemon is generated, so once you walk into the Grotto and see the pokemon, it is already a set species and gender. However, iirc the most recent version of RNGR allows you to RNG not only the pokemon, but the grotto as well so you can control what species will appear and what gender it will be.

MSK
7th October 2012, 7:32 PM
Ok cool, so I'll just pray for females, RNG them with couple of 31's then Breed for the shinies :)

Shadow_Assailant
7th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Hey. :) Quick question. Is the process of TID/SID Abuse similar with Black 2 and White 2? I would hope it is, but considering that you can name your rival now, I figure it may differ.

And along the note of TID/SID abuse, is the process of saving to get a shiny starter still the same?

Can you use a Dream Radar seed to find a matching TID/SID pair that will give that seed?

Typhlosion X
8th October 2012, 12:00 AM
Hey. :) Quick question. Is the process of TID/SID Abuse similar with Black 2 and White 2? I would hope it is, but considering that you can name your rival now, I figure it may differ.

And along the note of TID/SID abuse, is the process of saving to get a shiny starter still the same?

Can you use a Dream Radar seed to find a matching TID/SID pair that will give that seed?
It's the same as BW ID abuse, but starters can be tricky since there are WNPCs and there are more Timer0 values. As for the Dream Radar, I have no clue.

Shadow_Assailant
8th October 2012, 9:01 AM
Uhg.... This White 2 Parameter searching is so hard! It's not working for me at all...

Shadow_Assailant
8th October 2012, 9:30 PM
Has anyone tried TID/SID abuse for BW2?

drothagreat0ne
9th October 2012, 4:33 PM
Hey Shadow_Assailant, perhaps this post by Chiizu can alleviate the parameters issue:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4

MSK
9th October 2012, 9:56 PM
Hey all, not sure if it's been covered but is it possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon? As they are put straight in your PC box do they have to be RNG'd on the actual Radar game.
Does anyone have a guide etc? Also can they be shiny?

The Eleventh
9th October 2012, 10:17 PM
Hey all, not sure if it's been covered but is it possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon? As they are put straight in your PC box do they have to be RNG'd on the actual Radar game.
Does anyone have a guide etc? Also can they be shiny?
They can indeed be RNGed. There isn't a guide for RNG Reporter at the moment, since it has yet to be updated with Dream Radar functionality, though there is one available for PPRNG (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4). The process should be largely similar. DR Pokémon cannot be shiny.

MSK
9th October 2012, 10:28 PM
They can indeed be RNGed. There isn't a guide for RNG Reporter at the moment, since it has yet to be updated with Dream Radar functionality, though there is one available for PPRNG (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4). The process should be largely similar. DR Pokémon cannot be shiny.

Ok thanks, think I'll wait til RNg reporter has been updated and a guide for that is out, I've always been more successful with that than PPRNG.

Shadow_Assailant
10th October 2012, 2:11 AM
Hey Shadow_Assailant, perhaps this post by Chiizu can alleviate the parameters issue:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4

Ah. Yeah. Sorry for not slashing that post out. I did figure out my problem. Lol. I had once started up and saved the game in order to find my parameters, but I deleted my save data eventually for some reason. Then when I went to try to calibrate my parameters again, I forgot I had to save. I spent almost 2 hours trying to figure out my problem until I realized that I didn't save again. I've since gotten them. :)

And yeah. I've spent a lot of time on Smogon. If you look at the main PPRNG thread and at the most recent posts, you can see me commenting up a storm. I'm probably not on Chiizu's good side right now. Lol.

SkittyOnWailord
10th October 2012, 10:58 AM

Is PPRNG a Mac only program? And if it is, is there a Windows equivalent that can be used for RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon?

QuoteMissy
10th October 2012, 6:55 PM
Is PPRNG a Mac only program? And if it is, is there a Windows equivalent that can be used for RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon?

PPRNG is Mac only but the function for RNGing Dream Radar pokemon for RNG Reporter (Windows) isn't out yet.

dewey911p
11th October 2012, 8:16 PM

Slash mentioned that he would be tackling Dream Radar abuse next. Since Chiizu has already looked into it quite a bit and even programmed it into PPRNG, as well as written a guide on how to go about doing this kind of abuse, it probably won't take Slash to long at all to get it into RNGR and released. I know that Slash just started classes, and VGC season is starting up again too, which will slow him down a bit, but it still probably won't take very long at all.

I hope it doesn't take long any way, I want to RNG this Tornadus and Thundurus I have sitting on my 3DS. I'm tempted to transfer Landorus over once I unlock it just so I can get the mirror, but I want to RNG all of the DW legends I have. What to do, what to do :/

Shadow_Assailant
12th October 2012, 4:05 AM
I hope it doesn't take long any way, I want to RNG this Tornadus and Thundurus I have sitting on my 3DS. I'm tempted to transfer Landorus over once I unlock it just so I can get the mirror, but I want to RNG all of the DW legends I have. What to do, what to do :/

Don't do it, guy! Don't fall to temptation! The wait is worth it!!!!!!!!! :)

TDawg
12th October 2012, 5:15 AM
So is there a difference between BW1 and BW2 RNG?

Shadow_Assailant
12th October 2012, 5:34 AM
So is there a difference between BW1 and BW2 RNG?

Other than Timer0's being more of a pain (though I didn't have much trouble with them in BW1) and breeding being currently broken, not really. :) Same old, same old. :D

TDawg
12th October 2012, 7:35 AM
Well that's awesome. Thanks Shadow

Absol Wings
12th October 2012, 10:22 AM
Oh man, B/W 2 are already out, and I only RNGed 1 of the 10+ shinies I wanted to for my new in-game teams. The only thing I hate about RNG is that if you don't use it in a while, you forget all about it and almost need to re-learn everything.

So yeah...expect to see me here again soon XD

Shadow_Assailant
12th October 2012, 10:32 PM
Well that's awesome. Thanks Shadow

Yup. :)

Oh man, B/W 2 are already out, and I only RNGed 1 of the 10+ shinies I wanted to for my new in-game teams. The only thing I hate about RNG is that if you don't use it in a while, you forget all about it and almost need to re-learn everything.

So yeah...expect to see me here again soon XD

Lol. I know that feeling. I've only recently come back to it with the release of the games. :P I'll be active on here until roughly 5-5:30 CST, so I'll be able to help then. :) Otherwise, yeah. Lol.

JTrainer
12th October 2012, 11:55 PM
I recently downloaded PPRNG to my new computer and attempted to RNG my Genesect in Black 2. I found my parameters using the Unova Link method (it was 1103-1106), found a good spread and continually tried to obtain it, but every time I did it was never what I wanted. I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if I didn't find all of my Timer0s. I REALLY want to RNG my Genesect, and now he's just sitting there with the delivery man in the iccirus city pokemon center (is that a good place to do it?)... mocking me....

Can someone please help me?

insanemouse
13th October 2012, 4:35 AM
OKAY, first off, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am definitely not here enough. I am trying to get two shiny pokemon, nicknamable, with specific genders and possibly natures. It looks like RNG-ing is the way to go. BUT, I barely have enough hours in the day to do what I need to do to stay, um, functional? SO, does anyone know anyone here who RNGs for a service and would be willing to work out a trade? I would be very grateful - even if you can't do it, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much - for reading this and for being patient with me :)

Shadow_Assailant
13th October 2012, 5:24 AM
I recently downloaded PPRNG to my new computer and attempted to RNG my Genesect in Black 2. I found my parameters using the Unova Link method (it was 1103-1106), found a good spread and continually tried to obtain it, but every time I did it was never what I wanted. I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if I didn't find all of my Timer0s. I REALLY want to RNG my Genesect, and now he's just sitting there with the delivery man in the iccirus city pokemon center (is that a good place to do it?)... mocking me....

Can someone please help me?

Let me first say that any Pokémon Center works. Now, to your problem. Are you advancing the PID Frames? I.e., are you using Chatots?

OKAY, first off, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am definitely not here enough. I am trying to get two shiny pokemon, nicknamable, with specific genders and possibly natures. It looks like RNG-ing is the way to go. BUT, I barely have enough hours in the day to do what I need to do to stay, um, functional? SO, does anyone know anyone here who RNGs for a service and would be willing to work out a trade? I would be very grateful - even if you can't do it, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much - for reading this and for being patient with me :)

Depending on the severity (how involved) the spread is you're going for, I can nickname and get the spread you want. If I don't have the Pokémon you request, you'll have to send a parent to me. Also, I will have no time at all tomorrow to do it nor Sunday, so you'll have to wait til late Sunday. Otherwise, just search the trading forum and check the threads.

JTrainer
13th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Let me first say that any Pokémon Center works. Now, to your problem. Are you advancing the PID Frames? I.e., are you using Chatots?

Yup, I'm using 1 chatot.

EDIT: Tried it again today and had success! Well, sort of. I got its IVs right, but it wasn't the nature I was going for. I was going for rash nature, but it ended up naive, which is the next best thing (maybe better). I have another Genesect waiting in my White 2, but that one can wait.

PowerMiner
14th October 2012, 7:56 PM
*Clears throat* Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping to get some help RNGing in my White 2. I'm trying to RNG Reshiram. (And consequently, Kyurem. And eventually my Genesect.)

I can breed for IVs in White 1, but I'm having trouble with this. I found the parameters for my White 2 cartridge, found 10F3 and 10F5 as my Timer0s. I save in front of Reshiram, hit my seed, do the Chatot screens, but it always seems to come out a different nature. (I never actually checked the IVs, I didn't realize the IV Judge guy was at Nimbasa after you beat the game.)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is it just my Timer0? Am I doing the wrong thing for stationary legendaries? Oh, and with the shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, can you use it to find your SID?

Shadow_Assailant
14th October 2012, 9:00 PM
Yup, I'm using 1 chatot.

EDIT: Tried it again today and had success! Well, sort of. I got its IVs right, but it wasn't the nature I was going for. I was going for rash nature, but it ended up naive, which is the next best thing (maybe better). I have another Genesect waiting in my White 2, but that one can wait.

Okay. Well, I'm not really sure of the problem. I'm just gonna have to blame your Timer0's. They a lot meaner in these games than in BW1...

*Clears throat* Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping to get some help RNGing in my White 2. I'm trying to RNG Reshiram. (And consequently, Kyurem. And eventually my Genesect.)

I can breed for IVs in White 1, but I'm having trouble with this. I found the parameters for my White 2 cartridge, found 10F3 and 10F5 as my Timer0s. I save in front of Reshiram, hit my seed, do the Chatot screens, but it always seems to come out a different nature. (I never actually checked the IVs, I didn't realize the IV Judge guy was at Nimbasa after you beat the game.)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is it just my Timer0? Am I doing the wrong thing for stationary legendaries? Oh, and with the shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, can you use it to find your SID?

Reshiram Question: The game does not allow you to get Reshiram nor Zekrom shiny, so if that's what you're going for, then you're out of luck... Now, let's say you actually are hitting a non-shiny seed, but the outcome Nature is one frame off of what you're aiming for (i.e. frame 49 is your target, yet you're getting the nature for frame 50), then you need to flip one less time. Meaning, instead of flipping Chatots (let's pretend the starting frame is 19) 30 times, you would flip 29 times. I'll need more information about your process and the seeds and the possible frames you can land on and the frames you actually are landing on to efficiently answer this. It may even be your Timer0's...

Haxorus Question: I would assume the Haxorus's shininess is generated the same way as the Red Gyarados's from HG/SS. So no. What you can do, though, is capture any Pokémon (or use one you've already captured), and go to pokecheck.org (a fake GTS system), and upload a Pokémon to that. Pokecheck will tell you your SID.

PowerMiner
14th October 2012, 11:09 PM
I might have had the IVs right, I'll have to try again. Yeah, I know about Reshiram's shiny check. I'll do some work on that.. BTW I'm using an Original DS. Oh, and at one point, one of my adjacent seeds was matching the Chato-*Facepalm* I should have just looked at what frame it was on, and adjusted my chatot flips! Oh, I've done the Memory Link BTW, so I clicked Memory Link (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.1)

I'm going for Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 Reshiram.

Okay, so right now I'm trying for a seed which is: 10F3 Timer0 (My Most Common) 6/8/12 1:53:17 (An easy to hit time) It has 31/0/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon, Frame 106. So I look at my stuff, and the first adjacent seed (That it's automatically on) has the Chatot flips I need. What does this mean? Is it right?

EDIT: Okay, so I hit that seed, and it's Docile Nature.. But I didn't check the IVs.. Oops..
EDIT 2: Alright, I so I can normally predict the Chatots, but it never seems to do the ones from the Main RNG Reporter window (Having pasted the seed, clicked Method and Encounter Type as Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon) Starting frame is supposedly 48 BTW. What does the Black White 2? option do exactly? Should that be checked?

SakuraLatias
15th October 2012, 1:08 AM
I might have had the IVs right, I'll have to try again. Yeah, I know about Reshiram's shiny check. I'll do some work on that.. BTW I'm using an Original DS. Oh, and at one point, one of my adjacent seeds was matching the Chato-*Facepalm* I should have just looked at what frame it was on, and adjusted my chatot flips! Oh, I've done the Memory Link BTW, so I clicked Memory Link (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.1)

I'm going for Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 Reshiram.

Okay, so right now I'm trying for a seed which is: 10F3 Timer0 (My Most Common) 6/8/12 1:53:17 (An easy to hit time) It has 31/0/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon, Frame 106. So I look at my stuff, and the first adjacent seed (That it's automatically on) has the Chatot flips I need. What does this mean? Is it right?

EDIT: Okay, so I hit that seed, and it's Docile Nature.. But I didn't check the IVs.. Oops..
EDIT 2: Alright, I so I can normally predict the Chatots, but it never seems to do the ones from the Main RNG Reporter window (Having pasted the seed, clicked Method and Encounter Type as Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon) Starting frame is supposedly 48 BTW. What does the Black White 2? option do exactly? Should that be checked?

If you have B2/W2, then you should checked "Black White 2" on a main screen of the RNG Reporter. It'll give you a higher starting frame. Hope this helps!

PowerMiner
15th October 2012, 2:34 AM
Thanks, that helped, but.. Instead of having the nature I wanted, it's quiet... Matching the nature showed in the main RNG Reporter window.. Whaat?

What do I do now..?

-Xen-
15th October 2012, 3:50 AM
Thanks, that helped, but.. Instead of having the nature I wanted, it's quiet... Matching the nature showed in the main RNG Reporter window.. Whaat?

What do I do now..?

Did you verify the IV's at all? Odds are high that Timer0 is trolling you. If so, double-check your Chatot flips.

Also, just got done RNGing this on my dry battery Ruby cart. :D
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2217321

Agonist
15th October 2012, 5:46 AM
Did you verify the IV's at all? Odds are high that Timer0 is trolling you. If so, double-check your Chatot flips.

Also, just got done RNGing this on my dry battery Ruby cart. :D
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2217321

cool, but post it in the dmp thread instead, as this thread is only for help now. :p

also, hi Xeno.

PowerMiner
15th October 2012, 6:49 AM
No matter when the chatot flips match, they match the nature on the main menu. When it matches, it's always this:

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 22
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 16 - 17
Speed: 3 - 4

No matter what I do, the main RNG Reporter's Nature is always right if the Chatot sound for flips match, instead of matching the seed I have. I don't understand what to do..

-Xen-
15th October 2012, 7:04 AM
cool, but post it in the dmp thread instead, as this thread is only for help now. :p

also, hi Xeno.

Oops, didn't know it was changed (been awhile since I posted here). Will do from now on. And hey Agonist! lol

No matter when the chatot flips match, they match the nature on the main menu. When it matches, it's always this:

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)

No matter what I do, the main RNG Reporter's Nature is always right if the Chatot sound for flips match, instead of matching the seed I have. I don't understand what to do..

Yeah, it seems Timer0 is trolling you. Just keep trying. Also double-check to make sure you're doing everything right. I assume you did IV's, Standard seed, Frame 1, Stationary right?

PowerMiner
15th October 2012, 7:31 AM
Yeah, all that. I also noticed the frame I'm on was also there when I searched for an Adamant nature as a random other nature to see if it would change, but the seed I'm trying to get still showed up..

I am supposed to have Gen 5 PIDRNG frame as the set method on the main window, correct? Oh, and should the chatot pitches match the main RNG Reporter window? Whenever they do I get that Quiet Reshiram above. Should I just do the set amount of flips no matter what or make sure they match?

QuoteMissy
15th October 2012, 6:22 PM

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)

You need to use "IVs(standard seed)" for IVs not PIDRNG, PIDRNG doesn't secure the IVs.

Vinny White
15th October 2012, 7:50 PM
does anyone here rng breed? i just tried to do a scyther and kept getting the wrong natures even thought i only worked off adamant only natures, i stuck to my parameters, button presses, time and date , and was stupidly quick with my button presses because of npc's, i also did ther correct amount of chatot summaries too, anyone help?
the only possibility i can see messed it up was because my scizor was level 18 and iv's min and max were quite wide apart i had to narrow them down

-Xen-
15th October 2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, all that. I also noticed the frame I'm on was also there when I searched for an Adamant nature as a random other nature to see if it would change, but the seed I'm trying to get still showed up..

I am supposed to have Gen 5 PIDRNG frame as the set method on the main window, correct? Oh, and should the chatot pitches match the main RNG Reporter window? Whenever they do I get that Quiet Reshiram above. Should I just do the set amount of flips no matter what or make sure they match?

Use IV's, Standard Seed in Time Finder, C+P the seed in the main window, and search via PIDRNG.

Could be NPC's throwing you off, or Timer0. When i first started breeding, I calibrated by grabbing the first egg, hatching it, and verifying the frame via Reporter. It's also best to know your exact IV's. Upload the parent Scizor to Pokecheck or use Rare Candies for exact IVs.

PowerMiner
15th October 2012, 11:59 PM
Thx for the help so far, people. But I'm not having any luck with this.. Should I just try over and over? (Went back to standard seed quickly, reobtained my seed.)

But absoloutely every time the Chatot Pitches match, I get Quiet Reshiram. Can the Timer0 be messing with it even if the Chatot pitches are correct, or is the Chatot pitch messing up Timer0 in the first place?

Agonist
16th October 2012, 3:32 AM
Thx for the help so far, people. But I'm not having any luck with this.. Should I just try over and over? (Went back to standard seed quickly, reobtained my seed.)

But absoloutely every time the Chatot Pitches match, I get Quiet Reshiram. Can the Timer0 be messing with it even if the Chatot pitches are correct, or is the Chatot pitch messing up Timer0 in the first place?

there are potentially up to a dozen Timer0's in BW2, so it's entirely possible the pitches match another T0 if you're only doing a couple. Additionally, if you're not using a IV frame 1 seed, then you'll get different IVs. Finally, Chatot Pitches have no effect on the Timer0.

Rokonpower
17th October 2012, 6:53 PM
Hey I know this RNG abuse for B/W2 is all still being researched, but I need to address a major problem I'm experiencing with the game's PIDRNG.

So I've managed to calibrate my new parameters for White 2, and they work about 10% of the time I turn on the game since the timer's min and max has changed drastically. That's no big deal for me right now in catching pokemon with the stats I need. However, I need to rely on the PIDRNG in order to find the natures and genders I want my wild pokemon to specifically have, and I've managed to achieve getting those desired natures and such in the first White game. I know that you can move the PID frame up with various actions like saving the game, using Chatot's chatter, and sometimes waiting for NPCs to move or talking to them. But in White 2, none of that works. NONE OF IT!

I've tried it all. Whenever I landed on the right seed I wanted, I first tried waiting for the NPCs to move a bit and then search the grass for my pokemon, but no matter how many times the NPC moves on the specific time I start the game, the wild pokemon I find is always the same species, nature and gender that I keep finding when I don't let the NPC move first. So then I tried saving my game to advance the PID frame. 10 times later, I keep finding the same pokemon with the same gender, nature and species. Afterward, I decided to just trade my chatot into the new game and use the chatter trick to advance that sucker once and for all. But in the end, nothing changes. I still come into contact with that same pokemon as I do without the chatot's help, and I had my chatot squawk up to 21-30 different times to see if anything would finally change.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! The stats manage to be good everytime, but if I can't get that pokemon to stop hitting the same quirky nature everytime I try, it becomes pointless! Could it have something to do with my current progress in the game? So far I have my C-gear, and I defeated the first gym leader. Perhaps I'm still missing a component that is necessary to get the PID moving in my favor. So is anybody else experiencing this problem too?

EDIT: I researched my problem a little further, and discovered that my PIDRNG does change when I use Chatot's chatter after all. Unfortunately, it only shifts the PID once, and by the second chatter, the PID resets back to the stating frame.

What I did was try landing on a particular seed to catch a low level Purrloin with excellent IVs. Whenever I succeeded in landing on that seed, once I entered the grass and encountered a wild pokemon, I always found a Quirky natured female Purrloin with the Unburden ability and the high IVs I was going for. This was how it always worked when I didn't try to move the PID. Now when I landed on that same seed, next I tried chattering just once, and then the next pokemon I found was another Purrloin, except now it had a modest nature, the unburden ability, was male, and still had all the same good IVs as the previous purrloin. So when I reset and landed on that seed again, I next chattered twice. And then what I encountered in the wild was the same Purrloin as the first time I started the seed. That's right. It was the quirky, unburden, female Purrloin with the good ivs once again. So then I tried it all again with three chatters. I then encountered the male modest unburden purrloin with good ivs from the second time I tested the seed. Then when I chattered four times on the same seed, I found the quirky female purrloin again. And then with five chatters, it was the modest male again. And so on, and so on!

So what I'm experiencing is a PID advancing loop that never ends. I tried the experiment on three other different seeds, they all had the same repetitive result. This shouldn't be happening to my game, but it is, and it won't stop. All of these pokemon finds don't even line up on the rng reporter, so I'm really confused about this problem. This needs to be resolved soon, and I'd really like to know if anybody else is experiencing this looping problem with wild pokemon.

Iron Tyrant
19th October 2012, 1:28 AM
Ok, so I've been reading on Black/White 2 RNG, and wanted to be sure I'm aware of all the changes before I potentially frustrate myself. In black/white 1, I did every "type" of RNG except the entralink, and was quite successful save for trolling Timer0. Due to copious trading here, I have almost everything I would want, so the only thing I would be targeting in White 2 would be genesect and a few stationary legends, aka the simple stuff. First let me be sure I have everything streight:

I need the newest version of the reporter, which apparently does not work with Windows XP. (A compatible version is apparently in the works) My computer is a windows 7; will it run on that?

Entralink is easier and breeding is impossible, but I have no intension of doing either in White 2.

Game freak decided to troll RNGers and give us 10+ timer0s. Ugh.

Besides that, it appears to be the same. I'll get the few I want and then stick with White 1 RNG. If I've missed anything, let me know. Also, I am curious to the previous poster's problem of a looping PID, as that would mess me up as well.

Also, does Kyurem have a shiny check on it; it appears not but I'm not sure. Also, will Regigigas only respond to Regis from Black/White 2 similiar to the Rayquaza from gen 4?

SakuraLatias
19th October 2012, 4:20 AM
Ok, so I've been reading on Black/White 2 RNG, and wanted to be sure I'm aware of all the changes before I potentially frustrate myself. In black/white 1, I did every "type" of RNG except the entralink, and was quite successful save for trolling Timer0. Due to copious trading here, I have almost everything I would want, so the only thing I would be targeting in White 2 would be genesect and a few stationary legends, aka the simple stuff. First let me be sure I have everything streight:

I need the newest version of the reporter, which apparently does not work with Windows XP. (A compatible version is apparently in the works) My computer is a windows 7; will it run on that?

Entralink is easier and breeding is impossible, but I have no intension of doing either in White 2.

Game freak decided to troll RNGers and give us 10+ timer0s. Ugh.

Besides that, it appears to be the same. I'll get the few I want and then stick with White 1 RNG. If I've missed anything, let me know. Also, I am curious to the previous poster's problem of a looping PID, as that would mess me up as well.

Also, does Kyurem have a shiny check on it; it appears not but I'm not sure. Also, will Regigigas only respond to Regis from Black/White 2 similiar to the Rayquaza from gen 4?

I have the latest version of the RNG Reporter. Also, no. Kyurem doesn't have a shiny check, unlike Reshiram/Zekrom. So you can get shiny White/Black Kyurem. :) I haven't tested the three Regis yet. Probably yes.

Agonist
19th October 2012, 4:27 AM
You can use any three Regi's to unlock Regigigas.

FairyWitch
20th October 2012, 4:38 AM
help! i can't remember if i need to skip some frame to rng a wondercard or not? its been awhile...can someone help me?starting frame the first frame of the starting frame or do i skip the frame?

edit: also for black and white 2 wondercards are they the same as black and white?

Shadow_Assailant
20th October 2012, 6:31 AM
Anyone have any luck with Hidden Grotto RNG? Curious. I'm not. :P

Agonist
20th October 2012, 6:59 AM
Anyone have any luck with Hidden Grotto RNG? Curious. I'm not. :P

yeah, I've caught a ton of stuff in the Grotto's so far.

Ilane
20th October 2012, 7:16 AM
I need help finding my secret ids for black/white and black2/white2. Please help.

I don't have action replay or any other cheating device.

Is there a legit way to find the id or can someone find it for me?

Shadow_Assailant
20th October 2012, 7:52 AM
I need help finding my secret ids for black/white and black2/white2. Please help.

I don't have action replay or any other cheating device.

Is there a legit way to find the id or can someone find it for me?

pokecheck.org my friend :)

yeah, I've caught a ton of stuff in the Grotto's so far.

Got any tips for me? I'm trying to get a flawless Minccino at Rt. 5. I already abused the Grotto to give me a female one, but I just cannot get the right seed or IVs. Idk... Lol. I mean, I've done egg, grassland, and stationary RNG in BW1, so I figure I could do this. I can also Dream Radar RNG, yet no luck with Grotto. Any significant difference between any of these other than the Timer0 trolling? I don't even seem to be hitting my adjacents...\

Edit: I have to get off shortly. If you could just give me a quick run down of your process that would be great because I suck. Lol. Plus, I won't be home tomorrow (today) very much. I'll be on a bus and about 120 miles away from tomorrow, so I'm spending that time playing BW2. I'll work on my Minccino, too. Lol. Thanks. :)

Edit2: So my most recent attempt, I finally hit an adjacent. 2 Timer0's above. So I at least have come close. And yes, I do understand how the process works, but I believe I'm doing something wrong and would like to know someone else's process and if they've succeeded. :P

Ilane
20th October 2012, 3:40 PM
pokecheck.org my friend :)

Ah thanks. Can it be any pokemon or does it have to be a shiny pokemon?

QuoteMissy
20th October 2012, 3:41 PM
Ah thanks. Can it be any pokemon or does it have to be a shiny pokemon?

It can be any pokemon.

Ilane
20th October 2012, 3:42 PM
It can be any pokemon.

Thanks. Off to catch an annoying yappy puppy then. I want a shiny Keldeo.

QuoteMissy
20th October 2012, 3:46 PM
Thanks. Off to catch an annoying yappy puppy then. I want a shiny Keldeo.

Keldeo has a shiny check, it cannot be shiny.

Ilane
20th October 2012, 3:49 PM
Keldeo has a shiny check, it cannot be shiny.

Awww...is that because it's an event pokemon?

For black and white Kyurem...do you know which has to be shiny for it to be shiny when merged? I'm assumine Kyurem because everything else is based on him.

QuoteMissy
20th October 2012, 3:52 PM
Awww...is that because it's an event pokemon?

For black and white Kyurem...do you know which has to be shiny for it to be shiny when merged? I'm assumine Kyurem because everything else is based on him.

Yes, and only Kyurem needs to be shiny and it doesn't have a check in any game like Reshiram and Zekrom do.

Pidj
20th October 2012, 6:01 PM
I've got a couple of questions about RNG'ing Dittos in B/W:

First of all I've actually just RNG'd a Ditto with the IV spread I was aiming for (31/31/31/30/30/31) but it wasn't the one in my desired encounter slot and a different nature I was looking for (i.e. it was a different frame). My starting frame was 50 and I believ I hit this one in frame 91. What I'm getting at is I got a Ditto by luck. However, I found in the giant chasm I couldn't use sweet scent and I think this is because of the fog, which was probably advancing my frames too so I walked (I think it was less than 128 steps as I still got my IV spread).

So my questions are 1. (noob question) Are encoutner slots advance useing Chatot pitches? 2. (also probabky a noob question) How do I hit the exact frame I want if the fog advances the weather and I can't use sweet scent?

Iron Tyrant
20th October 2012, 7:58 PM
Ok, this isn't the proper thread to ask this, but my problem began with pokecheck and this thread seems to be checked by those who whould know the answer. Anyway, I am recieving endless error messages with any wifi activity over the pokemon servers. The problem began with pokecheck; I got in the GTS 'room' with no problem, but upon trying to offer a pokemon, i got a communication error 13275. I tried to resolve the problem by getting help from those on the chat box, but nothing worked. I then tried to use the real GTS, and got the exact same problem. I am able to search normally, but am spit out when i try to trade. GTS negotiations is similiar; I can find people and 'compare', but get an error if we try to trade. I haven't downloaded anything from pokecheck; just wanted my White 2 SID for RNG purposes. Anyway, here is what I've tried to fix the problem: (trying to connect to the REAL GTS servers; I did remove the pokecheck dns settings)

Switching games: black, white, and white 2 all give the same error.
Switching DSs: tried with my 3DS, same problem.
Waiting: The error code seems to signify overload from what ive read, but the problem persists since last night; gotten this before and it fixes in minutes.
Switching games: Tried connecting with Mario Kart 7; multiplayer worked fine.
Mystery Gift: Downloaded genesect with no problem.
Resetting the router: nope, no good.
Deleting and re-entering wifi info on both DS: did not work.
Random WIfi battles: cannot recieve data or even search; same communication error.

I origionally just wanted to cut my losses and try to find someone here who could check my SID for me, but considering the above, I doubt I could connect to them. What truely baffles me is that I would have the same problem on both the Nintendo GTS server and the Pokecheck server; I dont think the two are related directly. I have not used the GTS since summer, so I don't know if something changed. My fear is that I've been banned somehow, or my IP has, although I've never heard of that before. Since Mario Kart works, I know my settings are correct. The only thing I havent tried is waiting longer or trying a different router at a relative's house. The problem seems to be that I cannot send or recieve pokemon data, yet I can get 'into' the GTS, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Absol Wings
20th October 2012, 8:08 PM
Ok, this isn't the proper thread to ask this, but my problem began with pokecheck and this thread seems to be checked by those who whould know the answer. Anyway, I am recieving endless error messages with any wifi activity over the pokemon servers. The problem began with pokecheck; I got in the GTS 'room' with no problem, but upon trying to offer a pokemon, i got a communication error 13275. I tried to resolve the problem by getting help from those on the chat box, but nothing worked. I then tried to use the real GTS, and got the exact same problem. I am able to search normally, but am spit out when i try to trade. GTS negotiations is similiar; I can find people and 'compare', but get an error if we try to trade. I haven't downloaded anything from pokecheck; just wanted my White 2 SID for RNG purposes. Anyway, here is what I've tried to fix the problem: (trying to connect to the REAL GTS servers; I did remove the pokecheck dns settings)

Switching games: black, white, and white 2 all give the same error.
Switching DSs: tried with my 3DS, same problem.
Waiting: The error code seems to signify overload from what ive read, but the problem persists since last night; gotten this before and it fixes in minutes.
Switching games: Tried connecting with Mario Kart 7; multiplayer worked fine.
Mystery Gift: Downloaded genesect with no problem.
Resetting the router: nope, no good.
Deleting and re-entering wifi info on both DS: did not work.
Random WIfi battles: cannot recieve data or even search; same communication error.

I origionally just wanted to cut my losses and try to find someone here who could check my SID for me, but considering the above, I doubt I could connect to them. What truely baffles me is that I would have the same problem on both the Nintendo GTS server and the Pokecheck server; I dont think the two are related directly. I have not used the GTS since summer, so I don't know if something changed. My fear is that I've been banned somehow, or my IP has, although I've never heard of that before. Since Mario Kart works, I know my settings are correct. The only thing I havent tried is waiting longer or trying a different router at a relative's house. The problem seems to be that I cannot send or recieve pokemon data, yet I can get 'into' the GTS, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you try to mess up the trade coordinates by putting in the code that the pokecheck site suggested? I did the same, and it didn't work for me either. If I were you, I'd drop the whole thing and just ask someone to check it for you. But to do that, you have to change the wifi settings back to normal, if you want the other person to be able to get one of your pokes.

I've got a couple of questions about RNG'ing Dittos in B/W:

First of all I've actually just RNG'd a Ditto with the IV spread I was aiming for (31/31/31/30/30/31) but it wasn't the one in my desired encounter slot and a different nature I was looking for (i.e. it was a different frame). My starting frame was 50 and I believ I hit this one in frame 91. What I'm getting at is I got a Ditto by luck. However, I found in the giant chasm I couldn't use sweet scent and I think this is because of the fog, which was probably advancing my frames too so I walked (I think it was less than 128 steps as I still got my IV spread).

So my questions are 1. (noob question) Are encoutner slots advance useing Chatot pitches? 2. (also probabky a noob question) How do I hit the exact frame I want if the fog advances the weather and I can't use sweet scent?
As far as I know, you can't advance the slots by using chatot cries. I was never able to RNG the Ditto in the giant chasm for the same reason, that if I walked even one step the frame wouldn't be the same that I planned to hit.
Guess I'll also be listening to whoever will answer this question...

Iron Tyrant
20th October 2012, 8:43 PM
All of my problems continued after I changed the settings back to normal, even after deleting and re-entering the wifi setup. I would ask someone to check it for me, but I cannot avoid error 13275 in any circumstance, so I doubt id even be able to send a pokemon for testing.

I know how to get rid of the fog in B/W. Enter the area in the grass and save. Rebood your ds, then advance the calander by one month. Go back into your game and encounter any pokemon in the grass. After doing so, the fog should be gone. Save, restart, and set your date to hit whatever seed you are targeting. When you reload, the fog will still be gone, but after you encounter a pokemon, aka your sweet scent target, it will return. If you power off without saving (wrong timer0), the fog will still be gone when you reload so you can try again.

Shadow_Assailant
21st October 2012, 12:29 AM

1. Encounter slots are a part of the PIDRNG. I believe. I do know that Chatot cries advance the PID and the Encounter Slot ties in with natures. I.e., one frame gives a Timid nature, which ties in with an ESV (Encounter Slot Value) 5, while a Naive nature gives an ESV of 3. So yes, ESV is influenced by Chatot cries.

2. There is a very easy way to get rid of the fog. Save the game in the grass area where you plan to RNG. Then, turn your DS off, then on again. When it is on, change the month date on the DS to one month before or one month after (it doesn't matter which). Start the game then (you don't have to worry about hitting your seed) and get in a battle with a wild Pokémon. You can either kill it or run away. The fog should be gone after the battle. Save the game, turn the game off, and then change your time back. Turn the game on and hit your seed (hold buttons and correct time). When you start the game, turn off C-Gear, and the mash X so the Wandering NPCs don't alter the PID Frame. I recommend trying a seed in which the IV Frame is 1. You should then use Sweet Scent. After the battle, the fog will return, so don't save until you get the right Pokémon. Find your starting seed, and then re-hit your seed and Chatot flip to the right PID Frame. Use Sweet Scent and you should succeed. :)

On another note, can someine assist me with my Hidden Grotto problem? It's on the previous page. :)

Rhonder
21st October 2012, 1:01 AM
Hello all, I've just recently started to RNG again, and I have a question regarding the new RNG Reporter. Now when you go to calibrate your DS it has this weird Profile thing that wasn't there when I RNG'd previously. So I was able to get that set up and RNG a flawless Jolly Terrakion in Black 2. That was all good and well so I shut off my lap top, went to go train it, blah blah blah.

However, when I loaded RNG reporter up today to start another RNGing project, it says that my profile wasn't saved for some reason. Also I noticed that it's impossible to exit out of the actual profile window with out all of RNG reporter shutting down as well... So I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly how the Profile feature works, how to get it to save so I don't have to recalibrate my ds every time I want to RNG, and also if there's a way to close the window after you're done setting up your profile so it's not in the way. Any help would be appreciated :D

FairyWitch
21st October 2012, 4:14 AM
help! i can't remember if i need to skip some frame to rng a wondercard or not? its been awhile...can someone help me?starting frame the first frame of the starting frame or do i skip the frame?

edit: also for black and white 2 wondercards are they the same as black and white?

um does anyone know? i think my post was accidently missed :/ i haven't rnged in awhile and i forgot thats why im asking...

Shadow_Assailant
21st October 2012, 4:45 AM
um does anyone know? i think my post was accidently missed :/ i haven't rnged in awhile and i forgot thats why im asking...

What exactly do you mean? Your post isn't very clear on exactly what you need to know.

Ilane
21st October 2012, 4:55 AM

You have to chatot flip eevee. The frames are in the 100s. I normally use a 200 max advance.

MSK
21st October 2012, 2:27 PM
Hi All

I need a favour from someone, can someone find my SID for me. I can't use pokecheck as I access wifi from my Nintendo USB and you can't alter the MAC address.
I'm willing to offer a sweetener as a thanks for doing it. (Genesect, Victini, Darkrai or Keldeo RNG'd, although probably everyone here has them already)
If anyone is willing to help please PM me :)

Thanks

Kandayuu
21st October 2012, 6:29 PM
Hi, I'm new to RNG. Recently, I started on my Black 2. I did the calibration according to 5th gen rng method on a specific time e.g.10/12/2012 05:30:25 but end up having 2-3 set of pokemon E.g. Solrock, Piloswine with consistent stat and nature. Is there anything i've done wrong during the calibration? Is it the BW 2 method not finalize? Hope anyone can point out my mistake or guide me. Warmly welcome any links regarding BW2 rng method. Thanks in advance.

MSK
21st October 2012, 7:17 PM
Hi All

Me again, having a few problems. Has anyone else had problems downloading the latest RNG Reporter? I have 9.96 Alpha 15 which I have been RNGing on my Jap Black 2 with. But now I want to start RNGing on my US and UK versions, however I can't seem to find the latest download that actually works??? When I download they keep coming up that it's not a valid WIN32 Application and I saw somewhere that I might need Framework 4.5 but that isn't compatible with my laptop.
Can anyone give me a link to download or offer any solutions to work around.

Thanks

Pingouin7
21st October 2012, 7:38 PM
Hi All

I need a favour from someone, can someone find my SID for me. I can't use pokecheck as I access wifi from my Nintendo USB and you can't alter the MAC address.
I'm willing to offer a sweetener as a thanks for doing it. (Genesect, Victini, Darkrai or Keldeo RNG'd, although probably everyone here has them already)

Thanks

You can alter the DNS by altering the connection directly on your computer.

MSK
21st October 2012, 8:01 PM
You can alter the DNS by altering the connection directly on your computer.

How do you do that? I don't really want to mess with my computer, had enough trouble getting it connected to my internet as it was. It's really old and goes wrong a lot when I change things. Think that's why I'm having so much trouble getting the new RNG reporter I think my computer may be too old to handle it :(
So if possible I'd like a nice person to help me out, someone did it for me before on my Black, now I'd like to find the SID for my White.

Shadow_Assailant
21st October 2012, 9:42 PM
Hi All

Thanks

I would love to help you based off of the Victini, but I don't believe you understand exactly how Pokécheck works. The MAC address is console specific and cannot be altered under normal means. In order to connect to Pokécheck, you need to alter your DNS settings. This is not done on your computer. This is done on the DS itself. You can edit the DNS that you connect to in your wireless settings (Pokécheck has a tutorial on the website on how to do this with a DS). This can be easily done and reverted without ruining your connection (that is, unless something goes wrong on your personal side). If it comes to it, I will be very willing to help you. Just let me know. :)

Hi, I'm new to RNG. Recently, I started on my Black 2. I did the calibration according to 5th gen rng method on a specific time e.g.10/12/2012 05:30:25 but end up having 2-3 set of pokemon E.g. Solrock, Piloswine with consistent stat and nature. Is there anything i've done wrong during the calibration? Is it the BW 2 method not finalize? Hope anyone can point out my mistake or guide me. Warmly welcome any links regarding BW2 rng method. Thanks in advance.

You're probably using RNG Reporter, which I am not familiar with, but I can try to assist you as much as I can. Are you using the new method of calibration on BW2 that utilizes the Unova Link feature on the start menu before you load the game? If so, you must make sure you have created a save data before using this method. Other than that, I am going to need to know your exact process in order to attempt to diagnose your problem. :)

MSK
22nd October 2012, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=Shadow_Assailant;15262875]I would love to help you based off of the Victini, but I don't believe you understand exactly how Pokécheck works. The MAC address is console specific and cannot be altered under normal means. In order to connect to Pokécheck, you need to alter your DNS settings. This is not done on your computer. This is done on the DS itself. You can edit the DNS that you connect to in your wireless settings (Pokécheck has a tutorial on the website on how to do this with a DS). This can be easily done and reverted without ruining your connection (that is, unless something goes wrong on your personal side). If it comes to it, I will be very willing to help you. Just let me know. :)

Hi, Yes DNS not MAC, sorry I did know that. That's why I haven't been able to use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and you cannot alter the DNS for that, only for connections via a router etc.
So if you are willing to help then I will greatfully offer a flawless Victini in exchange :) PM me and we can sort out details

Thanks

Rhonder
22nd October 2012, 4:40 AM
Oh, just in case people missed my last post, or are unsure of what I'm talking about, this is the error message I get when trying to exit out of the RNG Profiles screen:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/RNGBS.png

Help maybe? ;D

Shadow_Assailant
22nd October 2012, 5:03 AM
Oh, just in case people missed my last post, or are unsure of what I'm talking about, this is the error message I get when trying to exit out of the RNG Profiles screen:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/RNGBS.png

Help maybe? ;D

Lol. I honestly don't know. You're better off going on the official RNG Reporter forum (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057). They'll be the best place to ask for diagnostic and troubleshooting. They're a lot more active there, too. Lol. All I can say is that I see "system 32" in the directory of where the computer is trying to communicate to. That worries me because the System 32 files are removed, you basically have a hunk of scrap. But don't worry about this. Lol. I don't 100% understand RNG Reporter, let alone the Windows operating system.

Rhonder
22nd October 2012, 5:34 AM
Lol. I honestly don't know. You're better off going on the official RNG Reporter forum (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057). They'll be the best place to ask for diagnostic and troubleshooting. They're a lot more active there, too. Lol. All I can say is that I see "system 32" in the directory of where the computer is trying to communicate to. That worries me because the System 32 files are removed, you basically have a hunk of scrap. But don't worry about this. Lol. I don't 100% understand RNG Reporter, let alone the Windows operating system.

ok haha. Thanks for the reply at least xD I posted both there and here yesterday morning and saw several replies roll in on both threads and my posts were overlooked. Yeah... it just puzzles me because it was working 2 days ago (I was able to do my 2nd successful RNG, Jolly Flawless Terrakion in Black 2) Then yesterday... I started getting this BS... but yeah, I guess I'll wait for a reply over there then. Thanks :3

Shadow_Assailant
22nd October 2012, 5:56 AM
ok haha. Thanks for the reply at least xD I posted both there and here yesterday morning and saw several replies roll in on both threads and my posts were overlooked. Yeah... it just puzzles me because it was working 2 days ago (I was able to do my 2nd successful RNG, Jolly Flawless Terrakion in Black 2) Then yesterday... I started getting this BS... but yeah, I guess I'll wait for a reply over there then. Thanks :3

Only thing I can offer is just to copy down you important info (TID, SID, parameters, and such) and totally deleting RNG Reporter and then reinstalling it. Otherwise, I personally don't know. I'ma Mac kinda guy. Lol.

Rhonder
22nd October 2012, 6:00 AM
Only thing I can offer is just to copy down you important info (TID, SID, parameters, and such) and totally deleting RNG Reporter and then reinstalling it. Otherwise, I personally don't know. I'ma Mac kinda guy. Lol.

yeah... I tried reinstalling it, though I deleted the broken one after installing the new one. I guess I'll try doing it in the order you suggested and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just wait for a reply on the other thread

Shadow_Assailant
22nd October 2012, 6:06 AM
yeah... I tried reinstalling it, though I deleted the broken one after installing the new one. I guess I'll try doing it in the order you suggested and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just wait for a reply on the other thread

Yeah. Sorry I personally couldn't be of too much help. Keep checking back here to see if anyone ever responds, but again, you're probably going to get a more thorough response on the thread that is the direct official thread of the actual program. Lol. :P

So yeah, everyone. HyperLugia's question still needs answering if anyone knows. :)

Hello all, I've just recently started to RNG again, and I have a question regarding the new RNG Reporter. Now when you go to calibrate your DS it has this weird Profile thing that wasn't there when I RNG'd previously. So I was able to get that set up and RNG a flawless Jolly Terrakion in Black 2. That was all good and well so I shut off my lap top, went to go train it, blah blah blah.

However, when I loaded RNG reporter up today to start another RNGing project, it says that my profile wasn't saved for some reason. Also I noticed that it's impossible to exit out of the actual profile window with out all of RNG reporter shutting down as well... So I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly how the Profile feature works, how to get it to save so I don't have to recalibrate my ds every time I want to RNG, and also if there's a way to close the window after you're done setting up your profile so it's not in the way. Any help would be appreciated :D

Lost™
23rd October 2012, 12:58 AM
So I have a question.

I just started RNGing, well, I just started today. I've read up on all of the information for quite a while so I understand what's going on. I have the newest version of RNG Reporter too. So, basically whenever I try to find my DS parameters, nothing shows up, even when I plugged in all of the information. Am I doing something wrong?

PowerMiner
23rd October 2012, 4:56 AM
I RNGed a Perfect (Besides attack) Genesect Modest just fine, but I'm still not having any luck with Reshiram.. Want. White. Kyurem. Is there any unique frame displacement in the tower which could be messing me up? My profile is set to Memory Link and I did click Black White 2? on the main RNG window. I've tried multiple seeds without luck. Once, I actually had the right nature, but the IVs were all wrong.

Also, again I ask, if it's possible with RNG Reporter to use the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve to find your Secret ID, or if there is a guide somewhere to do it with any shiny in Generation V.

Agonist
23rd October 2012, 5:05 AM
I RNGed a Perfect (Besides attack) Genesect Modest just fine, but I'm still not having any luck with Reshiram.. Want. White. Kyurem. Is there any unique frame displacement in the tower which could be messing me up? My profile is set to Memory Link and I did click Black White 2? on the main RNG window. I've tried multiple seeds without luck. Once, I actually had the right nature, but the IVs were all wrong.

Also, again I ask, if it's possible with RNG Reporter to use the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve to find your Secret ID, or if there is a guide somewhere to do it with any shiny in Generation V.

You're just hitting the wrong Timer0 if you're getting different IVs. And i don't you can do that with Haxorus, but I don't use RNG Reporter, so I don't know. The easiest way to get your SID is to upload something to Pokecheck.

Ilane
23rd October 2012, 5:11 AM
So I have a question.

I just started RNGing, well, I just started today. I've read up on all of the information for quite a while so I understand what's going on. I have the newest version of RNG Reporter too. So, basically whenever I try to find my DS parameters, nothing shows up, even when I plugged in all of the information. Am I doing something wrong?

As for your DS parameters the time you are entering into the RNG Reporter is probably off a little. (this is for version 9.95)

1. Sync your system to an external clock with a second hand
2. Enter all data in the right side (MAC address, system, version etc)
3. In the time place...enter the time of when you START the game
4. Start the game at that specific time and catch a pokemon using sweet scent, DO NOT MOVE (preferably high levelled so kyurem works well)
when you game starts, do NOT hit any buttons except when the shooting star appears...then quickly get into your game, DO NOT ACTIVATE C-GEAR! and rapidly hit the menu button and then use sweet scent and catch a pokemon.
5. Use that pokemon to find the IVs and use that in the parameter finder.
6. Click generate.

If not keep trying...the timing has to be pretty perfect.

DSi's are easier to use than 3DS btw.

Lost™
23rd October 2012, 5:37 AM
As for your DS parameters the time you are entering into the RNG Reporter is probably off a little. (this is for version 9.95)

1. Sync your system to an external clock with a second hand
2. Enter all data in the right side (MAC address, system, version etc)
3. In the time place...enter the time of when you START the game
4. Start the game at that specific time and catch a pokemon using sweet scent, DO NOT MOVE (preferably high levelled so kyurem works well)
when you game starts, do NOT hit any buttons except when the shooting star appears...then quickly get into your game, DO NOT ACTIVATE C-GEAR! and rapidly hit the menu button and then use sweet scent and catch a pokemon.
5. Use that pokemon to find the IVs and use that in the parameter finder.
6. Click generate.

If not keep trying...the timing has to be pretty perfect.

DSi's are easier to use than 3DS btw.

I figured it out, thanks for helping me out! I accidentally held down X and L, but it worked nothing less.

Ilane
23rd October 2012, 6:07 AM
I figured it out, thanks for helping me out! I accidentally held down X and L, but it worked nothing less.

Ah...yeah I'm too lazy to worry about held buttons. As far as I know, it only really helps with Timer0 and with my luck both Timer0 and RNG Reporter Troll me habitually.

SkittyOnWailord
23rd October 2012, 11:44 AM
Probably a stupid question. Is there any way to RNG Spinda's spots in any gen?

Shadow_Assailant
23rd October 2012, 1:42 PM
Probably a stupid question. Is there any way to RNG Spinda's spots in any gen?

Nope. :/ That would be quite nifty, but nope. :/

Hozu
23rd October 2012, 6:43 PM
The spots on Spinda are dictated by the PID. You can use this (http://www.freewebs.com/gatorshark/Spinda%20Painter.htm) to find a pattern you like then dig through a lot of PID results to get a match, but that will take a long time. Also I think 5th gen moved the spot areas a little bit.