PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Shadow_Assailant
23rd October 2012, 9:26 PM
The spots on Spinda are dictated by the PID. You can use this (http://www.freewebs.com/gatorshark/Spinda%20Painter.htm) to find a pattern you like then dig through a lot of PID results to get a match, but that will take a long time. Also I think 5th gen moved the spot areas a little bit.

I stand corrected. Lol. Wow. Never would have thought this is possible, but good luck with it. :P

theforgottenwon
24th October 2012, 12:12 AM
I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.

Shadow_Assailant
24th October 2012, 12:25 AM
I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.

First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...

Agonist
24th October 2012, 3:43 AM
Ah...yeah I'm too lazy to worry about held buttons. As far as I know, it only really helps with Timer0 and with my luck both Timer0 and RNG Reporter Troll me habitually.

Timer0 has nothing to do with keypresses, yet again.

theforgottenwon
24th October 2012, 4:07 AM
I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?

Agonist
24th October 2012, 4:20 AM
I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?

The concept is the same, not the Timer0's.

FairyWitch
24th October 2012, 4:34 AM
What exactly do you mean? Your post isn't very clear on exactly what you need to know.

for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD

QuoteMissy
24th October 2012, 6:37 AM
for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD

The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.

First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...

Your Timer0 number is affected by your system type, like how C7C sounds like the original DS model and numbers like 1105 sound like a 3DS model.

I heard that the 1 second delay is for original DS/ DS Lite models, I don't remember any DSi models having a 1 second delay try using the 7 second delay just in case, I don't have a DSi (and definitely not RNGed on one) so I can take a pinch of salt if I'm wrong.

FairyWitch
24th October 2012, 6:45 AM
The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.

oh okay yeah asking if i have to skip a frame or two or not thanks so then i do skip at least one for the talk to the guy...thanks...thats all i need i know how to do the rest...

Pipboy9000
24th October 2012, 6:47 AM
Hey guys,
I just got Black 2, and I want to start off by RNG'ing my SID and TID. I'm using this guide to help me.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=6333
One thing I don't get is that I need my DS parameters, but how am I supposed to get that if I have not started the game yet? The only thing I have is my DS Mac Address...
I'm using version 9.96.1 Beta of the RNG Reporter, so the interface looks different than the guide pictures. Any clarification would be helpful. I have done IVRNG on my Black, but that was a while back.
Thanks!

Hozu
24th October 2012, 7:10 AM
For now you would just start a game save then get far enough to find your parameters. In the future there will be a way to figure them out without starting a game save.

Btw the latest version of Reporter is 9.96.3 Beta.

PowerMiner
24th October 2012, 6:21 PM

Wait, what. Are you saying stationary stuff from BW2 like :643: and the shiny :612: have their own frame difference to take? o_o

I tried RNGing the Shiny Haxorus for perfect IVs (You can do that, right?), but so far it's turning out like Reshiram, not working. Am I just unlucky with Timer0?

QuoteMissy
24th October 2012, 6:25 PM
Wait, what. Are you saying stationary stuff from BW2 like :643: and the shiny :612: have their own frame difference to take? o_o

It's called the monster frame, the act of interacting (pressing A) with the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, use the same equation I gave to Eeveelover. (You're actual target frame should be different).

PowerMiner
24th October 2012, 6:31 PM
It's called the monster frame, the act of interacting (pressing A) with the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, use the same equation I gave to Eeveelover. (You're actual target frame should be different).

My Target Frame for the shiny Haxorus is 90, and my starting frame is 48. I usually do it one by one, and at Frame 89 is my last flip (Since doing it at frame 89 brings you up to 90, right?)
Should it be at 89 I should be stopping my frame at, then?

QuoteMissy
24th October 2012, 6:41 PM
My Target Frame for the shiny Haxorus is 90, and my starting frame is 48. I usually do it one by one, and at Frame 89 is my last flip (Since doing it at frame 89 brings you up to 90, right?)
Should it be at 89 I should be stopping my frame at, then?

Yes, listen to the chatot call for frame 89 and then interact. 89-48 = 41 chatot calls.

PowerMiner
24th October 2012, 6:47 PM
Yes, listen to the chatot call for frame 89 and then interact. 89-48 = 41 chatot calls.

And I should do this for every Stationary Pokemon?

This explains why Reshiram was never getting the right IVs or Nature..

Thanks for the tip!

QuoteMissy
24th October 2012, 6:50 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, all Stationary Pokemon have a monster frame (it's been around since 4th gen).

Agonist
24th October 2012, 8:32 PM

Thanks for the tip!

IVs are determined seperately, if you weren't getting the right IVs, you weren't hitting your seed. Additionally, you shouldn't stop one frame before your target, you go right to your target frame. If your starting frame is 48 and your target is 90, you go right to 90, then talk to Haxorus.

QuoteMissy
24th October 2012, 8:57 PM
IVs are determined seperately, if you weren't getting the right IVs, you weren't hitting your seed. Additionally, you shouldn't stop one frame before your target, you go right to your target frame. If your starting frame is 48 and your target is 90, you go right to 90, then talk to Haxorus.

What?! Haxorus doesn't have a monster frame? With my experiences with RNGing Stationary pokemon I always stopped one frame before the target frame and interacted with the pokemon, I got the correct pokemon just fine doing that, right IV's right PID...
Did they eliminate the Monster frame system in B2W2? You said:

The concept is the same, not the Timer0's.

Agonist
24th October 2012, 10:14 PM
I don't know how you managed to get the correct encounter then, if you're not going right up to your correct frame. And I've never heard Monster frames being associated with Gen 5 abuse.

PowerMiner
24th October 2012, 10:59 PM
I've never gotten the correct Nature matching the Chatot pitches, and I have never gotten the right IVs on any stationary Pokemon.

My problem is, I have no prior experience. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before. When I started RNGing, I had already caught all of them in my White 1.

Pipboy9000
25th October 2012, 12:50 AM
For now you would just start a game save then get far enough to find your parameters. In the future there will be a way to figure them out without starting a game save.

Btw the latest version of Reporter is 9.96.3 Beta.

So you mean I will have to start a game on my black 2, go through the story until I can catch a sweet scent pokemon, and do the usual DS parameter procedures?

Agonist
25th October 2012, 12:55 AM
So you mean I will have to start a game on my black 2, go through the story until I can catch a sweet scent pokemon, and do the usual DS parameter procedures?

You don't actually need a sweet scent Pokemon, as long as you don't take more than 128 steps before finding a Pokemon, otherwise you'll end up with a different IV frame.

Pipboy9000
25th October 2012, 1:38 AM
You don't actually need a sweet scent Pokemon, as long as you don't take more than 128 steps before finding a Pokemon, otherwise you'll end up with a different IV frame.

Ah! Of course. Thanks for the help. I'll still need to get pretty far in the game though, in order to get a reliable parameter right? Since all the pokemon in the beginning are too low level to determine their IV's...

Agonist
25th October 2012, 3:28 AM
the Pokemon in the Virbank Complex should be sufficient to get the general range of the IVs, and from there you can narrow it down easily enough.

Pokemans man
25th October 2012, 6:28 AM
I have been wondering ever since i got white 2 if it's rng process is the same as black
can someone help me here (i also want to know if you can find eevee in hidden grottos and how to rng hidden grottos)?

Agonist
25th October 2012, 4:37 PM
BW2 RNG is basically the same, just more Timer0's, breeding is all screwed up, and there are slightly higher starting frames (unless you use the memory link). As for RNGing Hidden Grotto's, Hozu has a good guide to it right here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473442). Finally, no, you cannot find Eevee in a Hidden Grotto (bar the upcoming Funfest Mission).

Ilane
26th October 2012, 2:41 AM
I'm working on RNG-ing Tornadus...Can anyone help?

So basically I go to the house with the old lady and save inside before walking out right? Anything else I need to know?

QuoteMissy
26th October 2012, 2:48 AM
I'm working on RNG-ing Tornadus...Can anyone help?

So basically I go to the house with the old lady and save inside before walking out right? Anything else I need to know?

I believe you save inside, the rain advances the PID frame 60 times a second in all months and more in certain months (correct me if I'm wrong).

Speaking of which, I need to RNG Thundurus in White 1... is 600-2,000 a good search range for trying to find your spread?

Ilane
26th October 2012, 2:49 AM
Smogon said to use 1/1 as min/max frame.

The whole shifted starting frame is confusing me now XD.

QuoteMissy
26th October 2012, 2:59 AM
Smogon said to use 1/1 as min/max frame.

The whole shifted starting frame is confusing me now XD.

No I meant PID frame advances not IV frame advances.

The shifted starting frame is just a result of wandering npcs, just listen to the first few chatot calls and look for a matching sequence and follow it down.

Ilane
26th October 2012, 3:02 AM
No I meant PID frame advances not IV frame advances.

Oh yeah haven't gotten that far.

Here is what I'm reading from Smogon, please let me know if it's right.

1. Find your seed
2. Set your DS to that date and check the weather on Route 7
3. If you're changing seasons, do that now before going to the weather lady.
4. Go to the weather lady and listen to her story.
5. Before leaving the house save the game.
6. Hit your seed, walk out the house, mash A until you can control your character, catch the roamer and compare natures (or something)...
7. If it is not right...reset and do 10 chatot flips before waiting out of the house.
8. Repeat step 6
9. Repeat until you get it right XD.

QuoteMissy
26th October 2012, 3:09 AM
Oh yeah haven't gotten that far.

Here is what I'm reading from Smogon, please let me know if it's right.

1. Find your seed
2. Set your DS to that date and check the weather on Route 7
3. If you're changing seasons, do that now before going to the weather lady.
4. Go to the weather lady and listen to her story.
5. Before leaving the house save the game.
6. Hit your seed, walk out the house, mash A until you can control your character, catch the roamer and compare natures (or something)...
7. If it is not right...reset and do 10 chatot flips before waiting out of the house.
8. Repeat step 6
9. Repeat until you get it right XD.

I know that, I just need an advised PID frame range because I might easily mistake a modest Thundurus on example frame 562 for another modest Thundurus on frame 778 and I don't want to race down the page just to realize I mistook the wrong frame because of the rapid PID frame advances from the rain, this question was aimed at someone who already RNGed a Thundurus or Tornadus and knows the general PID frame advancement range.

If you even haven't even done an egg RNG, start there, roamer RNG is plenty times more difficult.

EDIT:

I wanted to know if those steps were right.

I wasn't correcting you or telling you how to do it! Sorry Sorry :( :( :(.

Oh, it looks fine from what I see.

EDIT 2: Dug up Dewey's guide somehow:

Alright, so a lot of people seem to be trying gen 5 roamer abuse as of late, and i figured I would go a head and write a guide based off of what I did to get mine. It really isn't a guide though as it is all stuff you all probably know, but it is a detailed process of sorts. Think of it more like tips. Any way, it is really long, so pardon the spoiler and the double post. With out further ado:

“So you want to RNG a flawless shiny Roamer on Black and White huh? LOL, keep walking junior”

*receives determined stone glare*

“... You-you’re serious then?” *sigh* “Alright kiddo, plop a squat and we’ll see if we can make this process easier for you.”

Intro:

First, I wouldn’t really call this a “guide” per se as I probably won’t be telling you anything new or showing you anything you don’t already know. Rather, let’s call this little endeavor here “Tips for RNGing a Shiny Flawless Roamer in Black and White.” Now, before we proceed, I must confess, spelling and grammar are not my strong suit, so try to over look any tipos (;o). Also, my observations herein are surface observations only. I have not done any of this on an emulator and I have not looked at a single line of coding. If you are for more advanced technically than I am and notice some errors or inaccurate descriptions, feel free to comment and help me make this guide better! Now! In all seriousness, let’s get to it.

What you will need:

• Advanced knowledge of standard seed abuse and RNG mechanics in general.
o If this is your first attempt at RNGing, you, my young padawan, are not ready. If you have RNGed 4 eggs and a non-shiny Terrakion with an IV frame of 1, you are not ready. If you have RNGed wild flawless shiny pokemon in an area with several NPCs, or have advanced the IVRNG and then nabbed your pokemon, you are on your way. Truth be told, this will be the hardest thing you will most likely ever RNG and the more experience you have the better.
• RNG Reporter (If you seriously had to be told this, just quit now)
• Notepad or any similar program
• A DS and a Black/White game (see above comment)
• A spreadsheet program (I will include screenshots of excel 2003 for this write up)
• Eon Timer or a similar Timer (again, I used Eon Timer and so I can speak directly to that program. If you are familiar with other programs, and if they function the same way, go for it.) <- This will probably be the only “new” thing to this, and it may already be old news for all I know.

Part 1 – Setting up

First, we need to find a target seed and frame. Aim for an IV frame of 1, anything higher and you will only complicate PID manipulation later on. If you are aiming for shiny the check the “search for nearby shiny” check box and put in any number you like. Remember to search only in the months that lack natural weather on route 7, these months are 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, and 11. We will be using Eon Timer (the only “unique thing to this set of tips that I have yet to see mentioned anywhere else) to control how much the rain advances the PID so if you want to aim for a higher frame, go ahead. I still recommend setting the max to 1000 though. Remember, this is a very involved process so the longer each attempt takes you, the higher the toll on your patience and determination. For a comparison, if you aim for a low frame (my target frame was 846 and so I will use that as an example) you timer, for frame 846, will be a combine total of 24.04 seconds. Frame 5,000 would have a total wait time of 93.47 seconds, 10,000 would be 177.04 seconds, and so on and so forth. Obviously you do not want to wait in the rain for 3 minutes just to miss your PID frame or hit the wrong Timer0, so aim low. If you are having trouble finding a usable seed and/or frame, just keep searching more years, and make sure you have 3 key presses added. Okay! So now we have our seed and we are ready to set up Eon Timer:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3685/eontimer.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/eontimer.jpg/)

Yeah, I haven’t updated Eon Timer since I first downloaded it, so it might look weird, but it will function all the same (I assume). First, go to the Gen 3 tab/section as that is the timer we will be using. To be honest, I’m not sure what the “Lag” box is for, but somehow it was set to -100 (default maybe) and I just left it there. You can set it to -100 or you can leave it at whatever it is and just adjust the timer based on your result (more on that to follow). The First Timer should be, in my experience, between 9 and 11. This will still require some trial and error on your part, but all this will really do is move your SSF. The Target Frame box should be, well, your target frame.

“What is the purpose of the first Timer” you ask? Well, once you exit the house on route 7 the cut scene will begin, however the rain will not start right away. Also, in gen 3 your starting frame was 1, and since we are using the gen 3 timer, it is assumed out starting frame is 1. Combine these two factors, the rain not starting right away and the fact that our starting frame is NOT 1, and it takes about 9 to 11 seconds for Eon Timer to “catch up” as it were, with the actual frame advancements in the rain.

Alright, so lets just jump right into this shall we? Since you already know how to RNG and since you are pretty much a master at gen 5 abuse already, try to hit your seed and use Eon timer to try and get to your desired frame (as soon as the game starts pull up the menu, just like an egg RNG, close the menu and walk out of the house. At the same time, press down to leave the house and click to start Eon timer. When the first timer ends, ignore it. Get to the part where it says “Whoa, what a storm! Apparently it is that pokemon’s doing” or something to that effect. At the end of the second Timer, you will hit A to close the dialogue and watch the roamer run away. Oh, and don’t worry, the rain will keep falling after the roamer runs away, just wait for it to stop and begin the hunt!) ... ... ... Okay! So you did everything right and you check the IVs and it was something like “lol nothing over 12” right? That, my intrepid young RNG apprentice, is your other Timer0. Get use to seeing it, as you will see it 80% of the time you try to RNG your roamer.

“Wait, wait! Don’t bother switching seeds to the other Timer0 value; you are forgetting the 3 rules of RNGing:

1. Your DS and your game both hate you and are working together to ensure you fail
2. God (pick one) hates you too (all of them) and is working with your game and DS
3. Your Timer0 is completely under your control, aim for one value and there is a 95% chance you will hit the other value.

These 3 rules multiply in effect the longer you try to RNG, and a shiny roamer is the longest gen 5 RNG there is.

So, we have tried and failed to hit our seed, what next? Try again obviously! Once you hit your seed and you get the right IVs, mark down the nature and characteristic in notepad (or what ever program you are using). Then repeat, but this time add in 1, and only one Chatot view. Repeat with 2, 3, and then 4 Chatot flips and mark down the nature and characteristic for each successful attempt. After you get 5 successful RNGs in with increments of 1 Chatot flip each, you should have something that looks like:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9895/first5result.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/first5result.jpg/)

Ignore the top part, that is the info for the seed I used, and I just happened to keep all information together in the same file. So! Now we have 5 distinct natures and characteristics with 0-4 Chatot flips, what next?

Take your seed and set up the Main window of RNG reporter like so:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1677/setuprngreporter.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/setuprngreporter.jpg/)

Your starting frame will not be 300, that is far to low, but I set my starting frame to 300 just out personal preference. Max results should be at least a few hundred above you desired frame. This way, if you over shoot your target you will be able to spot it. Generate the results. Now, right click and hit “display characteristics in search”

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4402/displaycharacteristic.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/displaycharacteristic.jpg/)

Fill in the box that pops up by hitting the “get desired INRNG (from Frame 1)” box, and I hope you are indeed using an IV frame of 1

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9828/getivsfromframe1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/getivsfromframe1.jpg/)

And now right click and hit “Output Results to TXT”

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4431/outputtotxt.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/outputtotxt.jpg/)

Finally, copy and past the results from Notepad into Excel. With any luck, your spread sheet program will know that each heading deserves its own column, and if you have no luck, your spreadsheet program will just dump all info into the first cell.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8735/excel1a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/excel1a.jpg/)

Now, before we go further, there is a lot of junk information there we do not need, so if you so desire, edit out the garbage info that is irrelevant. I ended up with:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5720/excel2v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/excel2v.jpg/)

Of course, what you determine to be relevant info and irrelevant may vary, but at the bare minimum, you will need Frame, Nature, and Characteristic.

Part II - Finding your SSF

I am writing this assuming you do not have anything but what was laid out in the “What you will need” section. However, there is a short cut to this part for those with an Action Replay and a rebattle code for the roamer. I will cover this first, so if this does not apply to you, skip the colored text that follows and pick back up with the default text a little lower.

Ok, so I probably should have mentioned this sooner, but I assume people will not even read this section. The quickest and easiest way to find your SSF is to RNG the roamer with 0 Chatot flips, catch it, and upload the pokemon to http://www.pokecheck.org/. From there, you can check the exact PID of your roamer and quickly do a ctrl + f search in notepad. Like so

Follow the instructions on Pokecheck main page to upload your roamer. Click the “Unclaimed Pokémon from my IP” link to see all pokemon uploaded from your IP in the last 24 hours. Find the roamer and click it to open its summary.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9008/pokecheck1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/pokecheck1.jpg/)

Write the PID (you should easily be able to spot it) into excel and use Ctrl + F, or whatever search function your computer uses, to find that PID in the list exported from RNG reporter

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5255/excel3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/excel3.jpg/)

If I had used the setting displayed in Eon Timer above, and did 0 Chatot flips, my SSF would be around 761. Now there are a few things to note. The NPCs on route 7 will be in different positions once you set up again, so your SSF will be different BUT IT WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO 761! That is less guess work for you. Further, you can change the seconds in Eon Timer from 10 to 11 and see if you can get even close to your target frame. Be careful though as you might overshoot. Each and every time you RNG the roamer and save, the NPCs will be in a different position when you set up again, so it is recommended that you do this only once to get a specific idea of where your SSF really is. From there, you should still follow the rest of the steps herein, but it will be much easier for you, and you can skip the next step (but I still recommend doing it).

Ok, sorry for the lengthy digression, but I am back to you now and we shall continue as if you do not have an AR and have to do everything the legit way (A.K.A the manly way ;o). So, w have 5 different natures and characteristics from our earlier attempts. Just to remind you, here is what I am working with

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9895/first5result.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/first5result.jpg/)

Now, in excel, use the search function to find all frames with the matching natures and characteristics and mark them in some fashion, like so:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/854/excel4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/excel4.jpg/)

As you can see, I took every frame that might have been one of the ones I hit and I pulled it aside. I can easily see at a glance the nature, characteristic, and frame. I choose to pull the frames to the side so it would be easier for me to spot clusters. A cluster close together will indicate your SSF. Do note though, just because there are several frames together does not mean you have found your SSF. In the screenshot above, there are 4 frames relatively close together. Upon closer inspection, however, we see that the frames, here in the early 500s, are to low to be a viable SSF. Further, there are only 4 frames close together and adamant appears twice. Since the fifth frame is missing, the frames are too low, and because a frame that should only appear once shows up twice, this cluster is obviously not our SSF. Make sure to not jump to conclusions when looking for your SSF, look through the entire spreadsheet.

So after looking through my spreadsheet I notice this little cluster

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2518/excel7t.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/excel7t.jpg/)

Damn! I think we have found our SSF. Now the Adamant nature is a bit far out, but remember, the rain will advance the frame by ~60FPS so it is not too surprising to see one frame a little ways off. Next Time I need to be faster to be more consistent.

Okay, so I feel REALLY confident that my SSF is somewhere around 759-764, and since I hit a Naďve nature with 0 Chatot flips, I will use either 759 or 761 as my SSF. Now to advance!

Part III Controlling the PID

Now, whether you have an AR or not, the next part is the hardest part, and there is only the one way to do it, brute force, just like we did when finding our SSF. So my Target frame was 846 and my SSF was 759/761. I will pick the lower frame in this case because the rain and NPCs make it more likely to overshoot your frame then undershoot, and in the rain, 2 frames won’t make much difference just yet. So I need to do 846-759 flips (that is 87 for those who were not expecting a math problem ;o). I do the right number of flips and I get ... ... I get ... ... I get ... ... “lol nothing higher than 12.” Damn, try again. Ok, so now I get a nature and characteristic to mark down in notepad, just like we did when finding our SSF. Now, if you didn’t get your shiny (and you didn’t) keep adding and subtracting Chatot flips by 1 to get another nice little cluster of natures to search. Here is what I ended up with

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6922/chatotadvances.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/chatotadvances.jpg/)

Now here we can do things a little differently. As you try to hit your target frame, you can pull up the spreadsheet and look to see if there are any matching frames around where you hit. If your target frame is 846, and you hit a nature and characteristic that matches frame 845, and that frame is the only one for several frame, you might just want to try advancing the frame one more, or stick with the same number of advancements and hope an NPC or the rain gives you that last nudge.

Now you will notice something off about my list. First, of the 8 frames I hit, 3 are the exact same, but my frames around my target look like this

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3325/excel8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/excel8.jpg/)

So what gives? Well, there are a few possible explanations. 1.) The rain and NPCs advance the PID erratically. While we can control it to an extent with Eon Timer, even a few milliseconds off can advance the PID by several frames. 2.) With Thundurus (the little SoB I was after here) I have heard that there is a phenomenon know as “PID sticking.” What this is is that certain PID frames seem to act like magnets and you seem to stick to them. Obviously this is not good (unless your target is a magnet, in which case, you should play the lottery after this) but it does not seem to be all or nothing. I can confirm that I hit the “Lonely – Alert to sounds” frame more than any other frame, and even with different advances. But at the same time, I have hit other frames too. So, once I did 87 flips, and I hit the horrid “Lonely – Alert to sounds” The next time I did 87 flips, I hit “Quirky – Alert to sounds.” Next 3 times it was back to Lonely, and then perhaps a different frame. My own experience seems to support this, and other well known RNGers have reporter the same occurrence. However, this is, on my part at least, a surface observation I cannot back up with anything other than hearsay and experience, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless. Everything I have heard indicates that this is unique to Thundurus because it is caused by the thunder Thundurus generates. I have yet to try Tornadus (I need a break man!) but again, it is at least worth mentioning. Moving on.

If you do the number of advances that you think you should, and you can find matching frames relatively close, you are on the right path and all that is left now is to keep at it. From here it is straight guess and check, but as long as you are consistent with hitting Eon Timer at the right time you should always be in the same general area. With enough patience and with incessant attempts, your crusade will yield success!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5917/successe.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/successe.jpg/)

And that is all there is to it really, good luck and god speed my young padawan.

Points to clarify:

-Why use Eon Timer?
If we can remain in the rain for the same amount of time each time, the frame advancements should be more consistent. This is an attempt to take some of the "human error element" out of the process. No longer do you have to mash through the cut scene and hope you mashed at the same speed, now you can know for sure (if you are good with timers) that you were in the rain for the same length of time. This is also why I recommend doing flips in increments of 1 as oppose to the usual 5-10.

-Why should I not use an IV frame higher than 1?
The NPCs on route 7 will be moving while you are in the house. So, if you take different amounts of time to advance the IVRNG, the NPCs will move differently outside. This is fine until you step outside yourself. The NPCs will be moving while the roamer is making it rain, so we want to try and get them to move in the same way each time. As such, you should try to pull up the menu as fast as possible and as soon as you close it, walk outside while starting Eon Timer. With any luck, the NPCs will also move in a consistent pattern and allow for easier control of the PIDRNG.

-Do I still need to abuse my ID/SID?
Not really. All ID abuse will do is guarantee you a low shiny frame with the nature you want. However, with enough seed searching you should easily be able to find a viable seed. I only had to search through 3 years (2012, 2011, and finally 2010) before I found the seed that netted me my new baby :3 I was even highly specific too, my spread was 30/31/30/31/31/31, Naive Nature, max shiny frame of 1000 and min/max IV frame of 1 (I also have a seed for Tornadus picked out already using the same criteria, and I only had to search through 2 years. Each seed required only 2 keypresses as well). Of course, if you are starting over you might as well go ahead and abuse your ID too, to save time seed searching if nothing else.

-How will adjusting the "First Timer" box in Eon Timer affect my SSF?
For every second you are in the rain, your frame will advance ~60 frames. There will also be more advances from NPCs too, so it will be more than 60. If you set the first Timer to 10, and you come up 300 frames short of your target frame, you can A.) Do 300 Chatot flips - which i highly advise against doing- or B.) you can increase the first Timer from 10 to 12, or even 13, and see how close you are to your target frame now. If you can get within a reasonable and comfortable distance (this is up to your determination), it is just a matter of Chatot flips from there. Likewise, if your first Timer is set to 10, but you over shoot your target frame, just change the first timer from 10 to 9 and you should be in a better position to abuse your roamer now.

-Written in its entirety, screenshots included, by Dewey911p.

It is my first guide so be gentle, but feedback and error reports are greatly appreciated :3 Hope it helps someone at least

EDIT: If this would be better posted somewhere else, let me know.

Ilane
26th October 2012, 3:10 AM
I know that, I just need an advised PID frame range because I might easily mistake a modest Thundurus on example frame 562 for another modest Thundurus on frame 778 and I don't want to race down the page just to realize I mistook the wrong frame because of the rapid PID frame advances from the rain, this question was aimed at someone who already RNGed a Thundurus or Tornadus and knows the general PID frame range.

I wanted to know if those steps were right.

I wasn't correcting you or telling you how to do it! Sorry Sorry :( :( :(.

Dangertrout
26th October 2012, 4:47 PM
Maybe someone here can help me out. (this is in BW2)
question 1: If I want to SR a shiny uxie/mesprit/azelf (because I don't RNG abuse), at what point is the PID set? when I release them from the cave, or when I encounter them at their respective locations after release?
question 2: can I safely KO or run away from them and they will reappear in the cave after I defeat the E4 again? or will they be gone forever?

Agonist
26th October 2012, 6:06 PM
PID is set once you talk to them while they're at their respective locations. As for them respawning, I don't know if they'll respawn if you run away, but if you accidentally (or intentionally) knock them out they'll respawn after being the Elite 4.

Dangertrout
26th October 2012, 6:22 PM
alright, thanks =)

Pipboy9000
27th October 2012, 1:38 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with setting up a Profile in RNG Reporter 9.96.4? If I try to create a new one, it won't let me save it. Additionally, I clicked on "Find DS Parameters" in the Profile menu, filled it all out, but the "Send Results to Profile" button won't let me click it.

Disregard that I see what I did wrong now...
However, I have another question. How will advancing the PID frame affect my calculated DS Parameters, if any?

Rayce
27th October 2012, 6:03 AM
However, I have another question. How will advancing the PID frame affect my calculated DS Parameters, if any?

Nothing will affect your DS Parameters. They are ALWAYS constant, and never change. The only variable that changes is your Timer0 value, and that has (at most) two values on BW, which are still constant, but flip back and forth between them.

The only case where something changed was when I was ID abusing, and my Initial Frame changed. But even when erasing your Save data, your parameters stay the same.

Pipboy9000
27th October 2012, 4:31 PM
Maybe I should rephrase that question into: "How will advancing my PID frames affect my Parameters when calculating it.?"

QuoteMissy
27th October 2012, 4:48 PM
Maybe I should rephrase that question into: "How will advancing my PID frames affect my Parameters when calculating it.?"

I don't believe it would as long as you meet a pokemon before 128 steps, since an instant sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 when it's used.

Agonist
27th October 2012, 5:23 PM
I don't believe it would as long as you meet a pokemon before 128 steps, since an instant sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 when it's used.

What are you talking about? It does not advance the PIDRNG.

@ Pipboy: PIDRNG is irrelevant when calculating your parameters.

Ilane
27th October 2012, 7:10 PM
So, I just found my SEED I want for Tornadus in time finder. I searched for Jolly/Timid natures but no natures were displayed in the results.

When I plugged the SEED into the RNG Reporter main screen...and clicked generate, no natures were listed there either :(!

How do I find natures or is it completely random due to the rain but as long as I hit my seed, the IVs will be set so nature is just luck of the draw?

bro
27th October 2012, 8:14 PM
I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere but I didn't find it from the first post; Is it possible to RNG with a Flash cart/R4? Sorry if this is not allowed to be asked but I would like to know! ;080;

dewey911p
27th October 2012, 9:03 PM

I'm almost positive Sweet Scenting does not advance the PIDRNG, rather, the generation of the pokemon is what advances the PIDRNG. When the game oes to generate a pokemon it needs to call the RNG to get a random value that it will use to generate the pokemon, the PID, and anything else. So to do that the PIDRNG advances by one and the frame it lands on is the "random number" the game uses.

So, I just found my SEED I want for Tornadus in time finder. I searched for Jolly/Timid natures but no natures were displayed in the results.

When I plugged the SEED into the RNG Reporter main screen...and clicked generate, no natures were listed there either :(!

How do I find natures or is it completely random due to the rain but as long as I hit my seed, the IVs will be set so nature is just luck of the draw?

Are you looking for a shiny or just a Timid/Jolly nature? If you are looking for a shiny than it will be difficult to find a low enough frame, but you can specify the range in Time Finder and keep seed searching until you get a result (this can take awhile, I have searched through 40 years myself and still have not found a usable seed with the right Timer0). If you are just looking for a specific nature you should have no problem finding a frame.

Also, the IVs are set by the IVRNG and the nature is determined by the PIDRNG, so if your IV frame is one than you will have those IVs locked in once the roamer is generated and the nature will be different each time because of the rain.

I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere but I didn't find it from the first post; Is it possible to RNG with a Flash cart/R4? Sorry if this is not allowed to be asked but I would like to know! ;080;

It is possible and I believe I have seen a guide or two out there, but I have no clue beyond that. Try goggling it and see if you get anything usable.

Ilane
27th October 2012, 9:17 PM
Are you looking for a shiny or just a Timid/Jolly nature? If you are looking for a shiny than it will be difficult to find a low enough frame, but you can specify the range in Time Finder and keep seed searching until you get a result (this can take awhile, I have searched through 40 years myself and still have not found a usable seed with the right Timer0). If you are just looking for a specific nature you should have no problem finding a frame.

Also, the IVs are set by the IVRNG and the nature is determined by the PIDRNG, so if your IV frame is one than you will have those IVs locked in once the roamer is generated and the nature will be different each time because of the rain.

I'm just looking for a flawless jolly or timid Tornadus. My seed is for flawless Frame 1.

I can't find a frame with the right nature. Neither RNG Reporter's main window or time finder displays what natures each frame is.

So it is random natures depending on number of chatot flips and as long as I hit my seed...the IVs should be ok?

dewey911p
28th October 2012, 12:26 AM
I'm just looking for a flawless jolly or timid Tornadus. My seed is for flawless Frame 1.

I can't find a frame with the right nature. Neither RNG Reporter's main window or time finder displays what natures each frame is.

So it is random natures depending on number of chatot flips and as long as I hit my seed...the IVs should be ok?

As long as you hit your seed you will get the IVs matching frame 1 AS LONG AS you set time finder to search for a standard seed, Roamer pokemon.

Likewise, in the main window of RNGR set the PIDRNG to roamer and hit generate and it will list out all natures and PID frames for your seed.

Pipboy9000
28th October 2012, 2:14 AM
So Agonist, you said that I could set up my parameters using pokemon from the Virbank Complex; but since they're low levels with a relatively large IV-range, I would have to "narrow down" the results. How would I go about doing that?
I was watching bearsfans' video on setting up DS Parameters, and he said that if you had a large IV-range then you would have to "repeat the process again, and see which result is repeated". I had about 25 results generated because of the IV-range.

On a side note, I successfully caught a flawless, jolly Terrakion and Cobalion today. I know, not that hard, but it was pretty cool for me. Thanks for all the help guys!

dewey911p
28th October 2012, 2:42 AM
So Agonist, you said that I could set up my parameters using pokemon from the Virbank Complex; but since they're low levels with a relatively large IV-range, I would have to "narrow down" the results. How would I go about doing that?
I was watching bearsfans' video on setting up DS Parameters, and he said that if you had a large IV-range then you would have to "repeat the process again, and see which result is repeated". I had about 25 results generated because of the IV-range.

On a side note, I successfully caught a flawless, jolly Terrakion and Cobalion today. I know, not that hard, but it was pretty cool for me. Thanks for all the help guys!

Your best bet would be to upload the pokemon to pokecheck.org and it will tell you the exact IVs of the pokemon you caught. From there the parameter results will only return 1 result.

Pipboy9000
28th October 2012, 2:48 AM
Your best bet would be to upload the pokemon to pokecheck.org and it will tell you the exact IVs of the pokemon you caught. From there the parameter results will only return 1 result.

=) That's the problem. I have a DSLite, and it's not compatible with my new "secured" wi-fi. That's why I want to RNG my SID on Black 2. Otherwise, I would've just uploaded any pokemon onto pokecheck, found my SID, and then start looking for shinies. But alas, life is not easy...

QuoteMissy
28th October 2012, 2:52 AM
=) That's the problem. I have a DSLite, and it's not compatible with my new "secured" wi-fi. That's why I want to RNG my SID on Black 2. Otherwise, I would've just uploaded any pokemon onto pokecheck, found my SID, and then start looking for shinies. But alas, life is not easy...

Neither is Agonist's Then just catch higher level pokemon from late-story routes like Victory Road, or Route 1 in B2W2 where the wild pokemon there are in the 40's and mid-50's respectively.

Agonist
28th October 2012, 2:54 AM
Neither is Agonist's Then just catch higher level pokemon from late-story routes like Victory Road, or Route 1 in B2W2 where the wild pokemon there are in the 40's and mid-50's respectively.

it should be fairly obvious that they don't want to have to play all the way through the game just to find your parameters, then restart.

Razo
29th October 2012, 5:15 PM
I'm new to RNG reporter and I'm trying to find my Parameters. I put all the details needed in and got a result. From the tutorials i've seen they say you should have the option to put it in the time finder, however mine says add to profile. When I try to add it to profile, I can't get off that screen without closing the whole program.

Xyllerion
30th October 2012, 2:34 AM
Okay question.
If I play and make a save game of Black 2 on my DS lite and then play it on the 3DS and then move back to the DS lite to RNG some pokes would the parameters reset or will it stay the same? I'm asking this because I already gave my old DS lite to my sis and I don't wanna play on it because I already have my 3DS and she also uses it.

Basically what I'm trying to do is:
-Play B2 on old DS and save
(I'm thinking if I make a my save of B2 on the DS then I can use the DS's parameters instead of the 3DS and still be able to use it even after playing on the 3DS. C-Gear RNGing is hard...)
-Play it on 3DS
-Go back to old DS only to RNG
-Continue playing on 3DS

Note: I don't have Black 2 yet

Ausgirl
30th October 2012, 1:12 PM
I also have a few questions. I'm almost finished black 2 -almost as in I'm currently standing infront of Black Kyurem- and I'm wondering which in game legends can be caught shiny?

I was also wondering what the timer-0 is for Black 2.

As you can see I'm still trying to understand how RNGing works.

QuoteMissy
30th October 2012, 6:14 PM
I also have a few questions. I'm almost finished black 2 -almost as in I'm currently standing infront of Black Kyurem- and I'm wondering which in game legends can be caught shiny?

All in-game legends for Black 2 except for Zekrom can be shiny.

There are as many as 10 different timer0 values for B2W2, they vary by the game.

Agonist
30th October 2012, 7:56 PM

Zekrom, Reshiram and Victini cannot be shiny at all. However you can't catch Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W anyway, and it takes its characteristics from Kyurem anyway - the Reshiram or Zekrom doesn't matter.

The Timer0 depends on your DS model. For example I use a DS Lite and I've got a range of Timer0's between 1102-1108, most consistently hitting 1104-1106.

Ausgirl
30th October 2012, 10:32 PM
Zekrom, Reshiram and Victini cannot be shiny at all. However you can't catch Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W anyway, and it takes its characteristics from Kyurem anyway - the Reshiram or Zekrom doesn't matter.

The Timer0 depends on your DS model. For example I use a DS Lite and I've got a range of Timer0's between 1102-1108, most consistently hitting 1104-1106.

Whats the timer 0 range for the 3DS? and is it eaiser to RNG on a DS Lite or a 3DS?

I heard that the timer-0 is fixed for Black 2 or something?

Agonist
30th October 2012, 11:20 PM
Whats the timer 0 range for the 3DS? and is it eaiser to RNG on a DS Lite or a 3DS?

I heard that the timer-0 is fixed for Black 2 or something?

It's much easier on a DS Lite imo, since there is a clock with a seconds hand to easily hit your time.

I'm not sure what you mean by the T0 being fixed in B2.

Pidj
1st November 2012, 1:21 PM
New question. I've now got White2 and I've found my parameters for my 3ds (oddly my seconds seems to be 7) and I've settle on a timer0.

I'm want to RNG the event Genesect but so far haven't had much luck and I just want to check I'm doing it right and the issue I'm having is with the timer0.

So searching for my seed I'm using wondercard gen5 and I've set myself a number of advances I'm happy to do.

I find the seed paste it in and work out my starting frame to work out how many chatot flips I need to do. And then attempt to hit the seed.

Seems simple enough if that's it. Does the trainer ID not being my own have any bearing? (I'm not aiming for shiny).

EDIT: forgot to say I'm collecting the genesect in castelia or nimbasa as there seems to be no moving npc's there.

Also, does anybody have any tips for checking its IVs as it arrives at lvl 15? I'm not post E4 yet so no IV checker in nimbasa. At best I was thinking of checking its hidden power at the PWT.

The Eleventh
1st November 2012, 1:49 PM
^ You seem to be doing everything correctly, though note that the event Genesect cannot be shiny.

Razo
1st November 2012, 4:04 PM
When you've found your parameters, do you have to create a profile? (newest RNG Reporter)

Pidj
1st November 2012, 4:12 PM
^ You seem to be doing everything correctly, though note that the event Genesect cannot be shiny.

Thanks! And no problem with the shinyness as I'm just not interested in it!

Agonist
1st November 2012, 7:08 PM
When you've found your parameters, do you have to create a profile? (newest RNG Reporter)

I would assume so.

MoonRaker
2nd November 2012, 8:44 PM
Hey, im new to the site and just looking for some advice for RNGing. When i use the ds paramteres search i keep getting 1106 as the vaue for the timer0. All the examples i've seen have something like c7c or d71. Is what i keep getting wrong or can that actually be the right value? Because when i use that i can never hit my seeds, however i keep seing the same pokemon with the same exact stats. The date and time i enter are correct so i really dont know if it has something to do with the timer0 value or if its smoething else. So i guess what im asking is, is the timer0 value i keep getting legit?

QuoteMissy
2nd November 2012, 8:55 PM
Hey, im new to the site and just looking for some advice for RNGing. When i use the ds paramteres search i keep getting 1106 as the vaue for the timer0. All the examples i've seen have something like c7c or d71. Is what i keep getting wrong or can that actually be the right value? Because when i use that i can never hit my seeds, however i keep seing the same pokemon with the same exact stats. The date and time i enter are correct so i really dont know if it has something to do with the timer0 value or if its smoething else. So i guess what im asking is, is the timer0 value i keep getting legit?

It's fine the Timer0 values depend on your DS model, the examples used a different DS model than yours.

Byzantine
2nd November 2012, 9:59 PM
That one is unusual Moon, but perfectly valid.

Most likely what you need to do is try to go for the same pokemon with a different starting time. It sounds like you are being consistently timer0 trolled, which happens to me as well.

MoonRaker
2nd November 2012, 10:58 PM
That one is unusual Moon, but perfectly valid.

Most likely what you need to do is try to go for the same pokemon with a different starting time. It sounds like you are being consistently timer0 trolled, which happens to me as well.

I try a bunch of random start times and my timer0 value fluctuates between 1104-1106. When ever i get any of these values 1104,1105,1106 and use them in the time finder the same seeds keep coming up. For example i have a seed with 31/31/31/31/31/31 on frame 1 when i get 1106 as my timer0 value and i can never hit it and when i click show adjacent seeds im not near any of those either. I really dont know what to do. :S

Byzantine
3rd November 2012, 1:02 AM
First off: What type of RNG are you doing?

Secondly: the timer0 values do not need to be near eachother, i have two beside eachother and a third I still haven't figured out.

Agonist
3rd November 2012, 3:11 AM
First off: What type of RNG are you doing?

Secondly: the timer0 values do not need to be near eachother, i have two beside eachother and a third I still haven't figured out.

Ya, Timer0's need to be adjacent to each other.

MoonRaker
3rd November 2012, 9:17 AM
[QUOTE=Byzantine;15316800]First off: What type of RNG are you doing?

Secondly: the timer0 values do not need to be near eachother, i have two beside eachother and a third I still haven't figured out.[/QUOTE

I am using standard RNG no c gear for Black2 and should i be looking for a specific timer0 value or is anyone value i find usable? I am almost positive im doing everything else right the date/time, using a frame 1 pokemon to start off with. its really weird.

Pidj
3rd November 2012, 10:33 AM
New question. I've now got White2 and I've found my parameters for my 3ds (oddly my seconds seems to be 7) and I've settle on a timer0.

I'm want to RNG the event Genesect but so far haven't had much luck and I just want to check I'm doing it right and the issue I'm having is with the timer0.

So searching for my seed I'm using wondercard gen5 and I've set myself a number of advances I'm happy to do.

I find the seed paste it in and work out my starting frame to work out how many chatot flips I need to do. And then attempt to hit the seed.

Seems simple enough if that's it. Does the trainer ID not being my own have any bearing? (I'm not aiming for shiny).

EDIT: forgot to say I'm collecting the genesect in castelia or nimbasa as there seems to be no moving npc's there.

Also, does anybody have any tips for checking its IVs as it arrives at lvl 15? I'm not post E4 yet so no IV checker in nimbasa. At best I was thinking of checking its hidden power at the PWT.

Further to this, in the latest RNG Reporter there's a tickbox for BW2. When I click that my frame changes. I assume I'm meant to but it means the frame that was identified in the traget finder is now a different number to the one I now seem to have to hit. Is that an issue?

SakuraLatias
4th November 2012, 1:05 AM
Further to this, in the latest RNG Reporter there's a tickbox for BW2. When I click that my frame changes. I assume I'm meant to but it means the frame that was identified in the traget finder is now a different number to the one I now seem to have to hit. Is that an issue?

Not an issue. If you used Memory Link as well, however, I'd tick that also.

Konaru
6th November 2012, 1:12 AM
Wondering if anyone can help me.
I just got the RNG (I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 Beta) abuser and am trying to set my parameters. I imput all the information and IV and everything. I hit 'Search' in the Seed Encryption Variables section, and get that information, but nothing else happens. I've googled and looked at guides for answers but I cant find the answer. I dont know what Im supposed to do to get anything to show up in the Results box. I would appreciated greatly if anyone could help me.

dewey911p
6th November 2012, 5:21 AM
Wondering if anyone can help me.
I just got the RNG (I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 Beta) abuser and am trying to set my parameters. I imput all the information and IV and everything. I hit 'Search' in the Seed Encryption Variables section, and get that information, but nothing else happens. I've googled and looked at guides for answers but I cant find the answer. I dont know what Im supposed to do to get anything to show up in the Results box. I would appreciated greatly if anyone could help me.

I'm not sure I understand your problem. I believe the issue is that you cannot find any results for your parameters right? If you are using B/W2 then you may have to manually adjust the search ranges for a few of the parameters (I haven't downloaded the newer versions so this issue may be resolved already). Make sure your Timer0 values are set to ~1000-1FFFF and make sure your VCount is set to 70-90. Those ranges are a unnecessarily wide, but that will ensure you find some results.

If you already have ranges similar to that (Timer0 doesn;t need to be that wide either) then you might have just missed the time or hit a button to early. If your ranges seem right than try again and make sure everything is filled out correctly. Correct version, language, DS type, MAC address, etc and make sure you leave the C-Gear off and don;t hit any buttons until the white nintendo splash screens pops up.

If I missed the problem completely then just post again with a few more details and we will see if we can get you off and RNGing in no time =)

Konaru
6th November 2012, 5:43 AM
Nothing in there really help.
What im doing is trying to is the DS Parameters search (which assuming by the guide on SMogon that Im following, is the very first step)(My goal is to be RNG'ing for eggs.)
When I press "DS Parameters Search" and go to the DS Parameter Finder, I input all the information, I dont leave anything out but the box that says "First half of seed". After starting a game, imputing the time and IV's of the pokemon, I press search and the Seconds, VCount, Timer0, GXStat, and VFrame are all filled in, but that is all that happens. I dont know what to do after, the box, 'Results', where my seed is supposed to show, remains empty, and the button that says 'Send Results to Profile" remains greyed. I dont know what to do ater this. I have repeated the steps where I start the game with a timer and catch a pokemon 4 times, and have gotten not different results (different IV's and such, but not on the RNG reporter, still blank).
I dont know how to get the Results box in the DS Parameter Finder to display something, that is my problem.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Im using White.

Edit 2: I got it to work, turns out I was marking my time from the wrong spot, thought I had to do it from when it asks if I want the C gear.

JTrainer
6th November 2012, 8:49 PM
I recently tried to RNG the Tirtouga in my entree forest (I heard that entralink pokemon do not require delay in BW2). I didn't get it right, and thought that I hit an adjacent seed, but when I checked, none of the IVs matched in any of my Timer0s. I hit the exact date and time, did the proper button presses, and I know I did not walk 128 steps so the starting frame should stay the same. I heard that entralink pokemon start on frame 25, but I heard from somewhere else that they start on 26 (I had it on 25). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ditto4Life
9th November 2012, 1:40 AM
I'm attempting RNGing for the first time with Black 2 on a 3DS. My offset time is 7 seconds rather than 1. I'm trying to catch Virizion on Route 11 since Cobalion has a walking NPC near it. I keep aiming for flawless stats, but keep ending up with the wrong ones......except I keep getting the same wrong ones. Is there a way to check what seed I'm hitting rather than what I'm aiming for?

dewey911p
10th November 2012, 7:36 AM
I recently tried to RNG the Tirtouga in my entree forest (I heard that entralink pokemon do not require delay in BW2). I didn't get it right, and thought that I hit an adjacent seed, but when I checked, none of the IVs matched in any of my Timer0s. I hit the exact date and time, did the proper button presses, and I know I did not walk 128 steps so the starting frame should stay the same. I heard that entralink pokemon start on frame 25, but I heard from somewhere else that they start on 26 (I had it on 25). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I do believe that the starting IV frame for B/W2 entralink pokemon is 25. The easiest way to check would be to paste your seed into the main window and set it to Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed) and hit generate and see if the IVs match frame 25 or 26 (Also, Entree Forest pokemon are stationary encounters iirc). Also, the IVRNG does not reset the step counter when you power off, so if you save your game at 127 steps, taking just one more when you turn your game on next will advance the IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your party. To reset the step counter you can always get into a battle with a wild pokemon and then setup to RNG. After that, you will still have to fight with ~6+ Timer0 values, but you should get it eventually.

I'm attempting RNGing for the first time with Black 2 on a 3DS. My offset time is 7 seconds rather than 1. I'm trying to catch Virizion on Route 11 since Cobalion has a walking NPC near it. I keep aiming for flawless stats, but keep ending up with the wrong ones......except I keep getting the same wrong ones. Is there a way to check what seed I'm hitting rather than what I'm aiming for?

Indeed there is. In Time Finder right click on your seed and hit "Generate Adjacent Seeds" from the drop down menu. In the pop up window fill everything out just like you did Time finder (paying close attention to the encounter type) and fill in your Timer0 range. Then hit generate and search for the corresponding IVs to see what Timer0 you hit. If you do not see the right IV set and are certain you set everything up correctly, than you missed you seed completely. Alternatively, if you are catching the pokemon as soon as you start the game and are not doing any IVRNG advancements, you can just run a parameter search using the seed's date and time and the IVs you got from the pokemon (this will not work with eggs, however). Honestly though, this really won't help you any but confirm that your Timer0 pulled a switcheroo on you. Once you know you were trolled by your Timer0 all you can do is try and try again or change seeds.

Nyarlathotep
10th November 2012, 2:36 PM
Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!

dewey911p
10th November 2012, 6:06 PM
Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!

You can RNG on a flashcart, yes. How though, is beyond me as I do retail only. I have heard that it is much more difficult to RNG on a flashcart as well, but again, I can't say so personally. As far as guides go, I have heard others mention them so just google it and you should find some promising results before long.

Ditto4Life
10th November 2012, 6:35 PM
Indeed there is. In Time Finder right click on your seed and hit "Generate Adjacent Seeds" from the drop down menu. In the pop up window fill everything out just like you did Time finder (paying close attention to the encounter type) and fill in your Timer0 range. Then hit generate and search for the corresponding IVs to see what Timer0 you hit. If you do not see the right IV set and are certain you set everything up correctly, than you missed you seed completely. Alternatively, if you are catching the pokemon as soon as you start the game and are not doing any IVRNG advancements, you can just run a parameter search using the seed's date and time and the IVs you got from the pokemon (this will not work with eggs, however). Honestly though, this really won't help you any but confirm that your Timer0 pulled a switcheroo on you. Once you know you were trolled by your Timer0 all you can do is try and try again or change seeds.

So apparently I was aiming for a Timer0 that I have never hit when calibrating my game. Changing the seed worked! Thank you soooooooo much for your help!!!

Absol Wings
10th November 2012, 7:18 PM
Um.....now I'm wondering if it's just me but.... I have a problem with the RNG reporter program I downloaded from the 1st post of this thread. Adobe can't open it because it seems to be "damaged", so right now I'm running it with WinZip and it works just fine. The problem is, I'm using the evaluation version that will run out in less than a month so I won't be able to RNG anymore, unless I buy the full program or fix it with Adobe.

Does it fix by itself by downloading the latest version, or is there something else I should do?

Nyarlathotep
11th November 2012, 11:21 AM
You can RNG on a flashcart, yes. How though, is beyond me as I do retail only. I have heard that it is much more difficult to RNG on a flashcart as well, but again, I can't say so personally. As far as guides go, I have heard others mention them so just google it and you should find some promising results before long.

Well I just needed the confirmation. I am going to google it for sure.

Agonist
11th November 2012, 3:49 PM
Well I just needed the confirmation. I am going to google it for sure.

Yes, it's certainly possible, however, from what I've heard, there is much more variance in your parameters than an actual retail game, making it much more frustrating.

Nyarlathotep
11th November 2012, 4:18 PM
Yes, it's certainly possible, however, from what I've heard, there is much more variance in your parameters than an actual retail game, making it much more frustrating.
Okay... I may buy a retail game if needed, but I'd rather buy B2 or W2 instead of B or W.
Does RNG works on the sequels? =(

There is another problem: I have a DSi, I've read that RNG doesn't work on this model.

Agonist
11th November 2012, 4:21 PM
Okay... I may buy a retail game if needed, but I'd rather buy B2 or W2 instead of B or W.
Does RNG works on the sequels? =(

Of course, it's exactly the same as BW, except there are no longer C-Gear seeds, and you can't RNG eggs anymore (due to a coding error combined with a particularly stupid method of generating the egg).

There is another problem: I have a DSi, I've read that RNG doesn't work on this model.

That bit of information is very outdated, RNG abuse has been possible for nearly a year on those models.

Nyarlathotep
11th November 2012, 4:25 PM
Thanks Agonist! If the problem is only the lack of a retail game, I think buying one isn't gonna hurt.

Absol Wings
11th November 2012, 6:22 PM
Goddangit, I've been trying to hatch a shiny Emolga all evening, but with no result.

The thing that worries me is that apparently I've not been able to hit a single seed. I mean, I start the game with no c-gear, bring up the menu and get the egg as fast as possible, but I never got a single result that matches any of the frames in RNG reporter's main window... Both when i did and didn't do the chatot cries.

I tried re-reading all the guides I knew about, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't know. After all, I've already successfully RNGed a good-ish IVed shiny Alomomola egg a few months ago.

The one thing I'm unsure about is the IV frame: every guide that I followed was made using PPRNG (the one for mac I think) instead of RNG reporter, and when it comes to setting the frame in the time finder they say to set the IV frame Min/max at 8/8, and the PID frame's min/max from 1 to around 400.
Problem is, RNG reporter's time finder window only has ONE box saying "min/max frame" on the upper left. Wich frame is that supposed to be? IV, or PID? Until now, I assumed that it's the PID. But I could be wrong.
I almost wish it is, 'cause I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

Um.....now I'm wondering if it's just me but.... I have a problem with the RNG reporter program I downloaded from the 1st post of this thread. Adobe can't open it because it seems to be "damaged", so right now I'm running it with WinZip and it works just fine. The problem is, I'm using the evaluation version that will run out in less than a month so I won't be able to RNG anymore, unless I buy the full program or fix it with Adobe.

Does it fix by itself by downloading the latest version, or is there something else I should do?

Just re-quoting this in case somebody could help me with that too ^^

ANY reply would be greatly appreciated :)

Ditto4Life
11th November 2012, 10:17 PM
And I'm back with a new problem. So I'm trying my hardest to catch a shiny Cottonee and I just can't seem to get it right. I saw an earlier post that sometimes your starting frame isn't what RNG Reporter predicted, but I keep getting starting frames that are at least 1000 frames away.....and then another several thousand to get the shiny one......with the wrong ability. There must be something I'm doing wrong but not sure what.

dewey911p
12th November 2012, 11:42 AM
Goddangit, I've been trying to hatch a shiny Emolga all evening, but with no result.

The thing that worries me is that apparently I've not been able to hit a single seed. I mean, I start the game with no c-gear, bring up the menu and get the egg as fast as possible, but I never got a single result that matches any of the frames in RNG reporter's main window... Both when i did and didn't do the chatot cries.

I tried re-reading all the guides I knew about, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't know. After all, I've already successfully RNGed a good-ish IVed shiny Alomomola egg a few months ago.

The one thing I'm unsure about is the IV frame: every guide that I followed was made using PPRNG (the one for mac I think) instead of RNG reporter, and when it comes to setting the frame in the time finder they say to set the IV frame Min/max at 8/8, and the PID frame's min/max from 1 to around 400.
Problem is, RNG reporter's time finder window only has ONE box saying "min/max frame" on the upper left. Wich frame is that supposed to be? IV, or PID? Until now, I assumed that it's the PID. But I could be wrong.
I almost wish it is, 'cause I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

Just re-quoting this in case somebody could help me with that too ^^

ANY reply would be greatly appreciated :)

First here is a gen 5 guide based off of RNG Reporter (http://rng-forums.us.to/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12) that I hear is pretty good and easy to follow.

In RNGR the min/max boxes under the egg tab are indeen the PID frame. RNGR will only ever give you egg IVs from IV frame 8 so you don't need to worry about that and you can just focus on the PID. In the main window, right click on any frame and than click "Display Parents in Search" and, after you fill out the IVs from the mother and father as well as get the IVs from frame 8, this will display the IVs for each frame. That will make it easier for you to find out if you did indeed hit your seed or not. Also remember, there is one WNPC that can cause your SSF to jump around a bit so your starting frame will NOT be what RNGR tells you, but it will be very close. Keep in mind too, it is possible that your Timer0 just would not cooperate and you were trolled the entire time.

As for the issues with RNGR not working, what version did you download? The newest version (that I am aware of anyway) is 9.96.4 beta. This also requires firmware 4.5 to run properly, so if you downloaded a newer version of RNGR but not the firmware update, that is probably the issue. It is also worth noting that the newer versions of RNGR are not compatible with Windows XP or any older OS. Newer versions of RNGr require Vista or a newer OS to work. The developers decided that a 40% increase in seed searching capabilities was far more desirable than supporting an 11 year old OS.

And I'm back with a new problem. So I'm trying my hardest to catch a shiny Cottonee and I just can't seem to get it right. I saw an earlier post that sometimes your starting frame isn't what RNG Reporter predicted, but I keep getting starting frames that are at least 1000 frames away.....and then another several thousand to get the shiny one......with the wrong ability. There must be something I'm doing wrong but not sure what.

If there are WNPCs in the area than the frame RNGR gives you as your SSF will be inaccurate as the NPCs will advance the frame before you can pull up the menu. Even so, the SSF should never be 1000 frames off unless there is weather in the overworld. If there is no weather than you might have just missed your seed due to Timer0 switching. If you think you did everything right and just can't figure out what is going wrong, it might be helpful to switch seeds and see if you have any better luck with a new seed.

Ditto4Life
12th November 2012, 3:00 PM
If there are WNPCs in the area than the frame RNGR gives you as your SSF will be inaccurate as the NPCs will advance the frame before you can pull up the menu. Even so, the SSF should never be 1000 frames off unless there is weather in the overworld. If there is no weather than you might have just missed your seed due to Timer0 switching. If you think you did everything right and just can't figure out what is going wrong, it might be helpful to switch seeds and see if you have any better luck with a new seed.

I'm in the little grass area in Castelia City, so no weather and the only NPC doesn't move. Does him standing there cause a problem?

I've tried switching seeds, the last one said 7000 steps to hit my target frame. No way I was going to count that high lol.

Here is a different seed, but I'm not sure how to deal with it being on Frame 4:
Seed 91B9A926BA8C2240
Frame 4
Required Lead Synchronize
Shiny Frame 314
Encounter Slot 1
Date\Time 09/17/12 20:58:23
Timer0 1683
Keypresses Y

Absol Wings
12th November 2012, 7:22 PM
First here is a gen 5 guide based off of RNG Reporter (http://rng-forums.us.to/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12) that I hear is pretty good and easy to follow.

In RNGR the min/max boxes under the egg tab are indeen the PID frame. RNGR will only ever give you egg IVs from IV frame 8 so you don't need to worry about that and you can just focus on the PID. In the main window, right click on any frame and than click "Display Parents in Search" and, after you fill out the IVs from the mother and father as well as get the IVs from frame 8, this will display the IVs for each frame. That will make it easier for you to find out if you did indeed hit your seed or not. Also remember, there is one WNPC that can cause your SSF to jump around a bit so your starting frame will NOT be what RNGR tells you, but it will be very close. Keep in mind too, it is possible that your Timer0 just would not cooperate and you were trolled the entire time.

As for the issues with RNGR not working, what version did you download? The newest version (that I am aware of anyway) is 9.96.4 beta. This also requires firmware 4.5 to run properly, so if you downloaded a newer version of RNGR but not the firmware update, that is probably the issue. It is also worth noting that the newer versions of RNGR are not compatible with Windows XP or any older OS. Newer versions of RNGr require Vista or a newer OS to work. The developers decided that a 40% increase in seed searching capabilities was far more desirable than supporting an 11 year old OS.

That's good to hear :) right now I'm gonna be trying to hatch something else from two different parents and see if it works for them, because I could always have got the wrong IVs for one of the parents...
I considered the timer0 making fun at me too, but I did try multiple times each passage (both the attempts at finding my actual starting PID frame and at hitting the frame I want) but it would just never add up.
I completely forgot about the roamers though, so I'll be checking if I didn't accidentaly release the Tornadus. Fingers crossed!!! That might just be it >.<

I think it's an older version 'cause everytime I open it it asks me if I want to download version n°9.96.4, but I never dared to do it in fear that it won't run on my adobe/winzip programs. I do have windows 7 so I'm not worried about compatibility, so I guess I'll stick with this one until Winzip's free trial runs out. Then I'll update it and see what happens :|

Btw, thanks a lot for the help :)
I'll let you know if I make any progress...

dewey911p
12th November 2012, 9:01 PM
I'm in the little grass area in Castelia City, so no weather and the only NPC doesn't move. Does him standing there cause a problem?

I've tried switching seeds, the last one said 7000 steps to hit my target frame. No way I was going to count that high lol.

Here is a different seed, but I'm not sure how to deal with it being on Frame 4:
Seed 91B9A926BA8C2240
Frame 4
Required Lead Synchronize
Shiny Frame 314
Encounter Slot 1
Date\Time 09/17/12 20:58:23
Timer0 1683
Keypresses Y

7000 steps? There shouldn't be any steps unless you are advancing the IVRNG. Unless you meant Chatot flips?

As for an IV frame higher than 1 you would need to walk 128 steps to advance hte IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your paty. so for a fame of 4, you would need to walk 128 steps with 3 pokemon in your party (The IVRNG starts on frame 1 so you need to advance it 3 times to get to 4, so have 3 pokemon in your party when you walk 128 steps.) Keep in mind though, that this might also advance the PIDRNG too if you walk in an area that generates pokemon (Grass, water, cave, etc. Also note that any NPCs can advance the frame too, but if the only one in the area is stationary, that won't matte.

Ditto4Life
13th November 2012, 12:34 AM
7000 steps? There shouldn't be any steps unless you are advancing the IVRNG. Unless you meant Chatot flips?

As for an IV frame higher than 1 you would need to walk 128 steps to advance hte IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your paty. so for a fame of 4, you would need to walk 128 steps with 3 pokemon in your party (The IVRNG starts on frame 1 so you need to advance it 3 times to get to 4, so have 3 pokemon in your party when you walk 128 steps.) Keep in mind though, that this might also advance the PIDRNG too if you walk in an area that generates pokemon (Grass, water, cave, etc. Also note that any NPCs can advance the frame too, but if the only one in the area is stationary, that won't matte.

I definitely meant frames not steps lol. Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if it's a success.

Dangertrout
13th November 2012, 3:13 PM
It is my understanding that in BW2 the first egg is always the same, however I've seen someone claim that their first egg will sometimes have a different gender. Why is that?

Ditto4Life
14th November 2012, 12:31 AM
It's still not working. I'm going to check I'm doing it right:

1) Go to location and save with a non-Synchronizer in the lead.
2) In RNGR, do what I've done in the pic in Time Finder.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/Julia_Bernhard/Pokemon%20RNG/RNGTimeFinder.jpg

3) Pick your seed, and go into the game, with the appropriate date and time, holding down the appropriate buttons until the game freak star appears. Then enter the game without turning on c-gear.
4) Without making the season name disappear early, sweet scent and catch the first pokemon that comes up.
5) Find that pokemon in the results generated on the main screen. That should be your initial frame. This is what mine looked like when I generated the results (let me know if it's wrong):

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/Julia_Bernhard/Pokemon%20RNG/RNGRMainScreen.jpg

6) Set up the date/time again, and this time when you go into the game use, in my case, my two chatots to advance the frame.

Here's a question: the formula is (Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1. Is my starting frame the frame Time Finder said (the one next to the seed column)?

7) Use sweet scent and bam, that should be the pokemon.

But it hasn't been. And can't figure out why. Thanks for the continual help, it is truly needed!

dewey911p
14th November 2012, 4:35 AM
It is my understanding that in BW2 the first egg is always the same, however I've seen someone claim that their first egg will sometimes have a different gender. Why is that?

The fist egg is generated and stored in a call to the RNG that goes through a messed up process resulting in the egg returned being the same egg all the time. So, once you deposit the 2 pokemon and they lay an egg, that egg is set in stone. However, if you take it, hatch it, and keep collecting eggs, things work ... normally (actually, the process is still scewy, but aside from people who want to RNG the egg, no one will be able to tell or probably care). Now if you take the paents out of the day care and put in new paents, a few things might change depending on the gender ration, the pesence of a DW ability or not, the mothers ability, an everstone, and so on. But that first egg is set. If you collect it, hatch it, turn the game off and repeat, you will get the same result every single time. I'm still a little confused on the finer details of the egg generation process (can't RNG it, so there isn't much reason for me to go beyond that) but generally speaking, the first egg is the same until something changes or it is collected.

My best guess is they changed the parents around or changed some other factor.

It's still not working. I'm going to check I'm doing it right:

1) Go to location and save with a non-Synchronizer in the lead.
2) In RNGR, do what I've done in the pic in Time Finder.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/Julia_Bernhard/Pokemon%20RNG/RNGTimeFinder.jpg

3) Pick your seed, and go into the game, with the appropriate date and time, holding down the appropriate buttons until the game freak star appears. Then enter the game without turning on c-gear.
4) Without making the season name disappear early, sweet scent and catch the first pokemon that comes up.
5) Find that pokemon in the results generated on the main screen. That should be your initial frame. This is what mine looked like when I generated the results (let me know if it's wrong):

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag22/Julia_Bernhard/Pokemon%20RNG/RNGRMainScreen.jpg

6) Set up the date/time again, and this time when you go into the game use, in my case, my two chatots to advance the frame.

Here's a question: the formula is (Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1. Is my starting frame the frame Time Finder said (the one next to the seed column)?

7) Use sweet scent and bam, that should be the pokemon.

But it hasn't been. And can't figure out why. Thanks for the continual help, it is truly needed!

Okay, there are a few things going on here that could be improved upon to make this easier for you.

First and most glaringly, If you have an seed with an IV frame of 1, why are you not using that? If the Timer0 is the issue than I would narrow your Timer0 ranges and keep searching for a seed with IV frame 1. Just out oif curiosity, what are you RNGing and where? IIRC there are no NPCs around you yes?

Second, your method of finding your SSF is outdated and makes things harder on yourself. The main window will display Chatot pitches for each frame (Low, Mid-Low, Mid, Mid-High, High) and by matching these pitches you can tell if you hit your seed and where you are on your seed too. So if there are no NPcs in the area and you are using an IV frame of 1, the first chatot pitch should match what RNGR tells you your SSF is.

Third, you filled out Time Finder correctly and your seeds should work, but you shouldn't fill anything out in the main window as that will limit your results. just mark down the type of RNG you are doing (Gen 5 PIDNG in this case) and fill out other useful information, like synchronize, encounter type, etc, but leave the IVs, nature, encounter slot, ability, and gender blank. Those are more for gen 3 frame searching than gen 4/5 abuse.

Fourth, your equation is wrong ((Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1) it should be Target Frame (TF) - Starting Frame (SF) - 1. So based on your screen shots Your TF is 314 and your SF is 55, so it should be 314 - 55 - 1 = 258 chatot flips. Do note though, if your IV frame is 4 and you are advancing your IV frame by walking in an area that spawns wild pokemon, you will be advancing your PID frame at the same time by 1 for every step you take. So if your SF is 55 and you advance your IV frame, your SF will be at least 55 + 128 (183 btw) but that number will vary based on the number of steps you take, NPCs, and other factors (using an IV frame of 1 is the easiest way to go as you don't have to worry about any of this).

Just a few helpful hints but other than that, you seem to have the right process down, now it is just a matter of persistence and luck :)

Absol Wings
14th November 2012, 9:26 AM
GOOD NEWS! (for anyone who cared-me lol)

I indeed managed to hatch a Brave Shiny Lillipup with 31/31/31/29/31/31 last night, from two parents I RNGed out of the grass myself and therefore of whom I'm absolutely positive of their exact IVs.

Moral of the story, I probably just got my female Emolga's IVs wrong before. Wich makes me reconsider the method I've been using to find out IVs with the daycare....
Basically I hatch/catch one myself (so that I know for a fact it's UT and with no EVs assigned anywhere), leave it at the daycare and walk around until it gets a few levels up. Then I withdraw it and calculate its "average" IVs with the IV calculator. Then I drop it off again and level them up a bit more, then re-check the IVs until I can make a stable average of the results.
For example my Emolga was:

Lv.14) 5-11/8-14/16-22/25/9-15/2-8
Lv.19) 6-11/14-18/12-22/25/12-16/0-4
Lv.22) 4-8/14-18/21-25/25/12-16/4-7
Lv.26) 6-9/12-15/15-22/25/11-14/2-5
Lv.30) 7-9/14-16/20-23/25/14-16/4-7
Lv.34) 5-7/12-14/22-24/25/13-15/3-5
So I thought the exact IVs were 7/14/22/25/14/4. Maybe I should check it a few more times at a higher level...

dewey911p
14th November 2012, 10:13 AM
Why not just deposit the pokemon on pokecheck to get their exact IVs? Without exact IVs RNGing will be a real pain. Or you could just use flawless parents all the time, that works too.

Absol Wings
14th November 2012, 2:42 PM
Why not just deposit the pokemon on pokecheck to get their exact IVs? Without exact IVs RNGing will be a real pain. Or you could just use flawless parents all the time, that works too.

Last time I tried to use pokecheck, it said the connection coordinates weren't "valid". Also, I'd need to get the thing back in the same day, instead of putting it up somewhere until I can somehow retrieve it.

Wish I had flawless parents to use. Or, more specifically, I wish I had two parents of whom I know the exact IVs. I use a Herdier I RNGed a couple days ago as the father but if I want to hatch an Emolga, then I need a female Emolga, and those are just the kind of effers you really can't jusr RNG out of the grass. If I could, I wouldn't even bother hatching an egg, if I already could get a shiny one from the wild :-P

Though in my last series of failed attempts, I noticed something weird. I mean, it's already weird that i seem to have a problem with Emolga specifically, since I already got the same father to produce a successful egg RNG. So naturally I came to the conclusion I got mom Emolga's IVs wrong.
But maybe that's still not it.
I mean, after a while I got frustrated and started to flick around with the mother's IVs box. And I noticed that, as long as they still fitted the IV pre-requisites in the upper boxes (wich I think were >30; <31; >30; >30; >30; >30), the same seeds still came up.
The one I was targetting was a hasty female who inherits HP, att. and def. from the dad, mom and dad respectively. And it still came up when I setted the mom's att. from 14 to 13.

So the IVs only influence the actual results's IVs, but not directly the seeds? Why should I still not be able to hit my seed then, if it doesn't depend on the parents's IVs?

I'm.......so lost X_______X
I am throwing away this mother and going to attempt with another female Emolga but...seriously, what's going on.

Ditto4Life
14th November 2012, 4:50 PM
Okay, there are a few things going on here that could be improved upon to make this easier for you.

First and most glaringly, If you have an seed with an IV frame of 1, why are you not using that? If the Timer0 is the issue than I would narrow your Timer0 ranges and keep searching for a seed with IV frame 1. Just out oif curiosity, what are you RNGing and where? IIRC there are no NPCs around you yes?

I'm trying to get a shiny Cottonee in Castelia City with one NPC nearby, but he doesn't move. I believe it is Location 1 on the B2 Encounter table. The only reason I wasn't using the IV frame of 1 was to avoid the start or select buttons to hold down. Since they resize the window, I wasn't sure if it still counted for holding them down until the game freak logo.

Second, your method of finding your SSF is outdated and makes things harder on yourself. The main window will display Chatot pitches for each frame (Low, Mid-Low, Mid, Mid-High, High) and by matching these pitches you can tell if you hit your seed and where you are on your seed too. So if there are no NPcs in the area and you are using an IV frame of 1, the first chatot pitch should match what RNGR tells you your SSF is.

I have a hard time telling what the chatot pitch is. Any tips for figuring out all the mid pitches?

Third, you filled out Time Finder correctly and your seeds should work, but you shouldn't fill anything out in the main window as that will limit your results. just mark down the type of RNG you are doing (Gen 5 PIDNG in this case) and fill out other useful information, like synchronize, encounter type, etc, but leave the IVs, nature, encounter slot, ability, and gender blank. Those are more for gen 3 frame searching than gen 4/5 abuse.

Fourth, your equation is wrong ((Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1) it should be Target Frame (TF) - Starting Frame (SF) - 1. So based on your screen shots Your TF is 314 and your SF is 55, so it should be 314 - 55 - 1 = 258 chatot flips. Do note though, if your IV frame is 4 and you are advancing your IV frame by walking in an area that spawns wild pokemon, you will be advancing your PID frame at the same time by 1 for every step you take. So if your SF is 55 and you advance your IV frame, your SF will be at least 55 + 128 (183 btw) but that number will vary based on the number of steps you take, NPCs, and other factors (using an IV frame of 1 is the easiest way to go as you don't have to worry about any of this).

Okay, having the equation right in the first place definitely will help. I will try and use a seed with an IV frame of 1, but if I don't, can I advance the IV frame with Chatots or just walking?

Just a few helpful hints but other than that, you seem to have the right process down, now it is just a matter of persistence and luck :)

You have been my RNG hero, thank you soooooo much for all your help :D

Agonist
14th November 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm trying to get a shiny Cottonee in Castelia City with one NPC nearby, but he doesn't move. I believe it is Location 1 on the B2 Encounter table. The only reason I wasn't using the IV frame of 1 was to avoid the start or select buttons to hold down. Since they resize the window, I wasn't sure if it still counted for holding them down until the game freak logo.

He doesn't advance the PIDRNG, so you're all set.

I have a hard time telling what the chatot pitch is. Any tips for figuring out all the mid pitches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvlamJN3nM

this works pretty well for me.

Okay, having the equation right in the first place definitely will help. I will try and use a seed with an IV frame of 1, but if I don't, can I advance the IV frame with Chatots or just walking?

You need to walk to advance the IVRNG. 128 steps * number of pokemon in your party = number of frames that get advanced.

Don Bonnigan
17th November 2012, 1:43 AM
Hey guys, I could use a little help RNGing for a Genesect in Black 2. I've RNG'd for wondercard pokemon in BW, and did fine, but I just can't seem to get it to work in Black 2. I've calibrated the reporter, and I've found a few good seeds in the time finder. However, when I actually hit the seed and advance the frames, I end up with a nature and IV spread that I can't even find on the frame list, let alone near my target frame. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

P.S: I've ticked the black 2 white 2 box when calculating the initial frame, however I haven't ticked the memory link box since I don't know under which scenarios it needs to be ticked. I'm standing in the Nimbasa Pokemon Centre, so NPC's shouldn't be the problem.

Agonist
17th November 2012, 2:49 AM
Timer0 troll is the most likely culprit.

Silvershark
17th November 2012, 3:08 AM
Last time I tried to use pokecheck, it said the connection coordinates weren't "valid". Also, I'd need to get the thing back in the same day, instead of putting it up somewhere until I can somehow retrieve it.

You could also just use the pokemon in Battle Subway, lose, save the video, and then upload it to wifi. Enter the video's Battle ID number into Pokecheck's Vs. Player and it will show you almost all the information on the pokemon in the battle(name, OT, ID, SID, EV's, IV's, nature, etc.) without actually depositing the pokemon in Pokecheck.

Don Bonnigan
17th November 2012, 3:13 AM
Timer0 troll is the most likely culprit.
Alright, I'll calibrate it again a couple of times.

Agonist
17th November 2012, 7:52 PM
Alright, I'll calibrate it again a couple of times.

You've got multiple Timer0's in BW2, so calibrating doesn't really help beyond telling what Timer0's you'll hit. Just keep trying to hit that seed for your Genesect, and you'll get it eventually.

Absol Wings
17th November 2012, 9:17 PM
You could also just use the pokemon in Battle Subway, lose, save the video, and then upload it to wifi. Enter the video's Battle ID number into Pokecheck's Vs. Player and it will show you almost all the information on the pokemon in the battle(name, OT, ID, SID, EV's, IV's, nature, etc.) without actually depositing the pokemon in Pokecheck.

Oh sounds good, I'll try doing that.

Meanwhile though, I tried to breed with another Emolga... still no seed matches whatsoever. Wonder what the frekklez is wrong with Emolgas and my game's RNG :-P

JTrainer
17th November 2012, 9:29 PM
Can the Eevee you get from Amanita be female or shiny? I tried to RNG it, but when I advanced the frame for natures, it would always either hit one before or one after, or something at like 166 or something! I know I hit my timer0. Does anything in the room you get it in advance the frame or something?

Also does anyone know where I could find encounter slots for Black 2 and White 2? My PPRNG program doesn't let me view them.

Agonist
17th November 2012, 9:58 PM
Can the Eevee you get from Amanita be female or shiny? I tried to RNG it, but when I advanced the frame for natures, it would always either hit one before or one after, or something at like 166 or something! I know I hit my timer0. Does anything in the room you get it in advance the frame or something?

Also does anyone know where I could find encounter slots for Black 2 and White 2? My PPRNG program doesn't let me view them.

It can't be female, and iirc, it can't be shiny either. Encounter slots for White 2 (http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite2.html).

Don Bonnigan
18th November 2012, 12:27 AM
Well my persistence paid off. I now have a Modest Genesect w/ 31/18/31/31/31/31. I plan on making him a rock polish sweeper.

Pidj
19th November 2012, 11:12 AM
Back again. I really can't hit my seed for my wondercard Genesect. I've looked at re-doing my calibration but I'm still only hitting the same two timer0's. I've been trying to hit this for a couple of weeks now but no luck. When I look at adjacent seeds I also put in a range of timer0's to see if I can find it but no luck.

I've only ever successfully RNG'd on BW and when doing that I've only done wild RNG's and egg RNG's so Wondercards are definitely new ground but I'm sure I understand the process. Having said that does the date that I downloaded the card make a difference to my RNG?

I'm currently using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 and I've also ticked the box for BW2. My main concern here is that my initial frame and my target frame appears to change when I use the BW2 tickbox. For example the time finder says that my target frame is 55 but when I put the seed in to the reporter and tick the box for BW2 the target frame is 53. This just seems weird to me.

EDIT - Just tried to RNG the Terrakion on Route 22 and have hit the same spread too. But when I look at adjacent seeds I can't find the spread I'm hitting. I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least see the seed I am hitting!!

Ausgirl
20th November 2012, 3:50 AM
Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.

Myrrh
20th November 2012, 5:00 AM
If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?

Bokk
20th November 2012, 5:04 AM
Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.

Agonist
20th November 2012, 5:42 AM
If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?

Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.

Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.

Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.

Myrrh
20th November 2012, 6:02 AM
Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.

Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.

Agonist
20th November 2012, 6:04 AM
Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.

If you haven't battled the stationary Amoonguss on Route 23, that'd be the place imo. Each is level 56, so it's high enough to get accurate results for the IVs, and you can just keep SRing in front of it until you've done it enough times (about twenty times from what I hear).

Silvershark
20th November 2012, 6:11 AM
Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.

Yeah, Victory road should be fine, as long as it's in one of the caves with out any NPC's. The only time you need to worry about the number of pokemon in your party is when there's an IV frame of 2 or higher, in which case it's 5 mon's for frame 6, 4 for frame 5, etc.. If the IV frame is 1, it doesn't matter, just take the pokemon you need and leave at least one slot open for the pokemon you're RNG'ing. If you're calibrating, the Chatot's and sweet scenter are fine on their own. The info for calibrating should be entered in the Find DS Parameters section of 5th Gen Tools.

For RNG'ing legendaries like Cobalion, Method: IV's (Standard Seed) and Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon.

Bokk
20th November 2012, 9:13 AM

Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.

Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?

Agonist
20th November 2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?

Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.

Absol Wings
20th November 2012, 5:32 PM
Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.

Silvershark
20th November 2012, 6:42 PM
Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.

You're welcome, glad I could help. :)

Some seeds just aren't as cooperative as others. If it's the Timer0 trolling you, try re-saving in front of the daycare man, that usually helps. That also may shift the starting frame by 1-2 frames from the previous RNG attempts (at least it does when I do it). Based on your earlier posts, I'm guessing its the Timer0, or you just have a seed that's very tricky to hit.

Bokk
20th November 2012, 9:38 PM
Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.

Thanks for all your help, Agonist. Much appreciated.

Absol Wings
20th November 2012, 10:29 PM
OMG YESSSSHHHHH :D :D

Finally I was able to get something good out of my game. I tried to breed with another pokemon whose IVs were revealed from the battle vid in pokecheck, and it freaking worked. I hatched a male shiny Tepig with 31/31/29/26/29/28. Though I did have to try a couple times both when finding the starting frame and hitting the one I wanted, so I guess the main issue I had lately was a bit of lack of patience. Now I'm so much more motivated to keep trying for an Emolga. Imma get that ***** to hatch meh a brunette! >: O

But not right now. Now, I just can't wait to transfer this lil beauty over to B2 and start playing it...
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/shiny/tepig.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/tepig)

Bokk
20th November 2012, 10:43 PM
Does anyone else get an error when they check off Black/White 2 underneath calculate initial frame?

JTrainer
21st November 2012, 5:24 AM
Does anything advance the PID frame in the area in Castelia City where you can catch wild eevees? Cause I tried to RNG there and I kept getting weird results whenever I tried advancing the frame via chatot chattering.

Pidj
21st November 2012, 11:51 AM
Does anything advance the PID frame in the area in Castelia City where you can catch wild eevees? Cause I tried to RNG there and I kept getting weird results whenever I tried advancing the frame via chatot chattering.

I am very interested in this answer as this is where I have calibrated.

Its just occurred on me that as this little area is classed as castelia city all of the wnpc's on the streets (not visible in this little patch) could be advancing the frame like crazy. I originally assumed that as there are no wnpc's in this small area it would be perfect for calibration!

Agonist
21st November 2012, 5:05 PM
I am very interested in this answer as this is where I have calibrated.

Its just occurred on me that as this little area is classed as castelia city all of the wnpc's on the streets (not visible in this little patch) could be advancing the frame like crazy. I originally assumed that as there are no wnpc's in this small area it would be perfect for calibration!

No, there aren't any WNPCs in the park.

Absol Wings
21st November 2012, 5:28 PM
Btw, is it true what I'm hearing, that you can't abuse eggs in BW2? If it is, why?

Pidj
21st November 2012, 5:46 PM
No, there aren't any WNPCs in the park.

There goes that idea as to why I'm not hitting seeds. :(

Agonist
21st November 2012, 6:12 PM
Btw, is it true what I'm hearing, that you can't abuse eggs in BW2? If it is, why?

Because GF badly screwed up the generation of eggs.

There goes that idea as to why I'm not hitting seeds. :(

You can probably chalk it up to T0 troll.

Ausgirl
22nd November 2012, 6:01 AM
Because GF badly screwed up the generation of eggs.

You can probably chalk it up to T0 troll.

I thought BW2 actually made breeding easier? I know they made it easier to pass down natures and abilities at least...

dewey911p
22nd November 2012, 7:20 AM
I thought BW2 actually made breeding easier? I know they made it easier to pass down natures and abilities at least...

They made it easier for the average person to get better results, yes, but the IV generation for eggs is so screwed up that it is impossible to manipulate them via RNGing. For starters, if you collect an egg, hatch it, and than reset with out saving and turn the game on again and repeat the process, you will get the exact same egg. Once that egg is collected and hatched the egg generation process goes through some complex and weird RNG calls that make RNGing the IVs neigh impossible. Throw in several NPCs on the daycare route and BAM the inability to control either RNG is crafted.

Ausgirl
22nd November 2012, 7:56 AM
They made it easier for the average person to get better results, yes, but the IV generation for eggs is so screwed up that it is impossible to manipulate them via RNGing. For starters, if you collect an egg, hatch it, and than reset with out saving and turn the game on again and repeat the process, you will get the exact same egg. Once that egg is collected and hatched the egg generation process goes through some complex and weird RNG calls that make RNGing the IVs neigh impossible. Throw in several NPCs on the daycare route and BAM the inability to control either RNG is crafted.

So does this mean that to RNG eggs we have to use BW only? It seems like GF is trying to stamp out RNGers.

dewey911p
22nd November 2012, 8:16 AM
So does this mean that to RNG eggs we have to use BW only? It seems like GF is trying to stamp out RNGers.

Yeah, egg abuse should only, and really can only, be done on B/W.

Don't worry about GF trying to stop RNGing though, there are much simpler things they could have to stop RNGing with out affecting the casual player. Remember, this error stops people from SR for shiny eggs too. At the same time they made it easier to breed a more perfect battle ready pokemon without RNGing it. No more do you have to hope that pokemon with 5 IVs of 31 has the right nature, and a few other things too. It seems like they are trying to close the gap between RNGers and everyone else.

As for stomping out RNGing, well there are easier things they could have done instead of screwing up egg IV generation. Ever try to RNG something in the rain, or with the C-Gear? If they had just put some permanent rain on route 3 (B/W2 apparently doesn;t let you get rid of the weather any more) RNG beeding would have intentionally stayed in B/W. The researchers have said it was a simple error that could have easily been overlooked, so I wouldn;t worry to much about it.

monkeyman192
22nd November 2012, 8:31 AM
I want to try and do some RNG-ing for shiny legendaries on white 2, so I have had a read of plenty of articles and watched a fair few youtube tutorials, including ones specifically for BW2, but I cannot seem to get any reults for finding my timer0...
I have tried both my ds's (lite and 3DS) and I keep getting 0 results when I do the unova link thing... I was originally trying the method that was used for BW by doing the sweet scent etc, but I could never get any frames that looked anything like what I was aiming for or anything anywhere near it...
All the times and MAC addresses are correct for the unova link and I am holding down no buttons...
I have done plenty of RNG in sapphire/ruby but nothing in 5th gen...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

PowerMiner
22nd November 2012, 9:46 PM
Well, I still haven't RNGed my Reshiram... I've tried, but it's never had the right IVs or Nature. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before, does talking to Reshiram advance the frame, or something? I'm hitting my seed right, and using Chatots to advance the frame. I click IVs (Standard Seed) as my method, and Stationary Pokemon, on the main window I click Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon again. I paste my seed, check BW2, and enter my ID/SID. Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58, (Starting frame 54), 1/01/2012, 13:58:19, Timer0 10F3 (My profile is set to 10F3-10F5). My aim is to get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram with a Modest/Timid nature.

Am I not supposed to be using Chatots for this? Is something advancing the frame? This is in White 2, at Dragonspiral Tower, and with an Original DS. Is there a flaw in my method? I've tried so many times its very hard for me to believe that this is just my Timer0.

Bokk
24th November 2012, 12:50 AM
For RNGing a shiny growlithe in grass with specific IVs do I use the PIDrng method or the IVs (standard seed) method in the time finder? Sorry for so many questions, I've never RNGed Pokemon in tall grass before.

erox
24th November 2012, 6:02 AM
Lol well atleast now I know why I wasn't able to rng the egg I wanted in black 2. This makes things more complicated :/

dewey911p
24th November 2012, 6:42 AM
Well, I still haven't RNGed my Reshiram... I've tried, but it's never had the right IVs or Nature. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before, does talking to Reshiram advance the frame, or something? I'm hitting my seed right, and using Chatots to advance the frame. I click IVs (Standard Seed) as my method, and Stationary Pokemon, on the main window I click Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon again. I paste my seed, check BW2, and enter my ID/SID. Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58, (Starting frame 54), 1/01/2012, 13:58:19, Timer0 10F3 (My profile is set to 10F3-10F5). My aim is to get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram with a Modest/Timid nature.

Am I not supposed to be using Chatots for this? Is something advancing the frame? This is in White 2, at Dragonspiral Tower, and with an Original DS. Is there a flaw in my method? I've tried so many times its very hard for me to believe that this is just my Timer0.

With 6+ Timer0s to hit, you shouldn't write that possibility off so quick. I spent 2 days one time hitting my other Timer0 value with 95% accuracy, and that was on White version with only 2 values, imagine the horror that 6 Timer0s can bring. It really hasn't been that bad for B/W2 though, not for me personally and not for others I hear from as well. Sure, on occasion people get a seed that is particularly obnoxious and takes hours or even a few days to hit, but for the most part it hasn't been much more difficult than B/W.

With that being said though, your issue is most definitely something else.

Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58

Bingo! In Time Finder, under the capture tab, the Min/Max boxes are referring to IV frames. Right now you are using an IV frame of 58, which means you would need to advance the IV frame by 57, which is going to take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to even bother attempting. Set the Min/Max boxes to 1 and just find a seed on IV frame 1. From there you seem to have the process down just fine. By using an IV frame of 1 you will only need to advance the PIDRNG which is just chatot flips. Since Reshiram cannot be shiny than all you are aiming for is the right nature, so grab a sync, verify the seed with a few chatot flips, and you should get it within no time at all.

Do note though, you need to stop 1 PID frame before your target. So if your aiming for a PID frame of 60, make sure to stop on 59 as initiating the battle will advance the PIDRNG by 1.

For RNGing a shiny growlithe in grass with specific IVs do I use the PIDrng method or the IVs (standard seed) method in the time finder? Sorry for so many questions, I've never RNGed Pokemon in tall grass before.

You would first find the IV frame in time finder, it is best to use an IV frame of 1. There is also an option to search for nearby shiny spreads (a little check box on the right side of time finder), check that and put in the highest PID frame you are willing to go to. Personally I do 1000, but if you don;t want to do more than 500 chatot flips, or even 300, put that number there instead. Just remember, the higher the number the more results. When you go to RNG the pokemon, you would select Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window and wild pokemon. From there just hit your seed, verify with chatot pitches, and flip away until you get to your frame.

Bokk
24th November 2012, 7:08 AM
You would first find the IV frame in time finder, it is best to use an IV frame of 1. There is also an option to search for nearby shiny spreads (a little check box on the right side of time finder), check that and put in the highest PID frame you are willing to go to. Personally I do 1000, but if you don;t want to do more than 500 chatot flips, or even 300, put that number there instead. Just remember, the higher the number the more results. When you go to RNG the pokemon, you would select Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window and wild pokemon. From there just hit your seed, verify with chatot pitches, and flip away until you get to your frame.

Thank you! Fortunately, I found my DS lite and my Pokemon Black. I guess I can do eggs once again.

Black Inc.
25th November 2012, 4:54 AM
Has anyone RNGed their starter for Black 2? If so, how did you hit the right PID frame? I know I have to advance the PID by saving like I did in Black, but I am having trouble consistently hitting the right timer0. If I do the correct number of advances but hit the wrong timer0, won't the WNPCs be in a different position when I have to start over? So will that mean the initial frame is different every time? Any help is appreciated.

dewey911p
25th November 2012, 6:25 AM
Has anyone RNGed their starter for Black 2? If so, how did you hit the right PID frame? I know I have to advance the PID by saving like I did in Black, but I am having trouble consistently hitting the right timer0. If I do the correct number of advances but hit the wrong timer0, won't the WNPCs be in a different position when I have to start over? So will that mean the initial frame is different every time? Any help is appreciated.

RNGing the starters is a complete waste of time as they all benefit from at least one egg move. Aside from that, there are several NPCs in the area and no way to control your frame or verify if you hit the right seed. I can't really give you any tips on how to go about doing this since you cannot stop the NPCs, verify your seed, or control your frame, I would just recommend breeding the starter in B/W and transfer it over

MSK
25th November 2012, 8:03 PM
Hi Guys

Looking for someone to do me a favour. I need someone to find my SID on White 2, I can't use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and don't have a fixed IP address.
I did have someone who said they'd help but they let me down :( I can offer event's or RNG breeds although most of you can probably do these already so I'm basically throwing myself upon your mercy :)

CodyBernheisel
27th November 2012, 4:45 PM
So im doing bw2 entralink rng I do all the steps right for the rng but my timefinder's IV's Dont match the auctual IV's I get when I hit the seed. Im going for 31/x/31/31/31/31 but it ends up something like 31/31/31/31/x/x Anyone know a fix?

MoonRaker
28th November 2012, 2:10 AM
Fairly new to this thread but i have a few questions about rng egg abuse...
1) Can egg abuse be done on black2, white2 and is it done in the same way as black and white? (iknow the option is rng is there but not sure if it works in the same way)
2) Is it a necessity to you use two flawless parents in the day care when rng-ing for egg abuse or can you use for example one flawless male and a random female of the desired nature? I am confused because i know it says to use two flawless parents but is this a necessity or is it used to simply get a larger pool of desired results in rng.?

QuoteMissy
28th November 2012, 2:35 AM
Fairly new to this thread but i have a few questions about rng egg abuse...
1) Can egg abuse be done on black2, white2 and is it done in the same way as black and white? (iknow the option is rng is there but not sure if it works in the same way)
2) Is it a necessity to you use two flawless parents in the day care when rng-ing for egg abuse or can you use for example one flawless male and a random female of the desired nature? I am confused because i know it says to use two flawless parents but is this a necessity or is it used to simply get a larger pool of desired results in rng.?

Egg abuse cannot be done on BW2 since the game's coding for the first egg got bungled up, two flawless parents are recommended for better results, but having only one is fine.

Agonist
28th November 2012, 5:30 PM
Egg abuse cannot be done on BW2 since the game's coding for the first egg got bungled up, two flawless parents are recommended for better results, but having only one is fine.

To expand on this, as long as you've got at least one parent with 3 31 IVs, it doesn't matter what the other ones is. It just helps a ton to have flawless parents, because it makes finding seeds so much easier.

Silvershark
29th November 2012, 6:18 AM
Hi Guys

Looking for someone to do me a favour. I need someone to find my SID on White 2, I can't use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and don't have a fixed IP address.
I did have someone who said they'd help but they let me down :( I can offer event's or RNG breeds although most of you can probably do these already so I'm basically throwing myself upon your mercy :)

Are you able to upload battle videos to wifi? If you can, just do like I suggested to Luann, and type the video ID number of one of your battles into Pokecheck's Vs. Player. That will tell you all the information on the pokemon used in the battle. SID's listed next to the trainer ID if I remember correctly. No need to actually connect to Pokecheck.

MSK
29th November 2012, 7:09 PM
Are you able to upload battle videos to wifi? If you can, just do like I suggested to Luann, and type the video ID number of one of your battles into Pokecheck's Vs. Player. That will tell you all the information on the pokemon used in the battle. SID's listed next to the trainer ID if I remember correctly. No need to actually connect to Pokecheck.

Hmm not sure, is that the battle video's from the subway? How do you upload them to Wifi is it in game?

Agonist
29th November 2012, 7:12 PM
Any battle video would work, and the same person whom you talk to for the GTS also has an option for uploading battle videos.

MSK
29th November 2012, 7:33 PM
Thanks guys :) Just did it, now I can do that for all my games!! Brilliant :)

Black Inc.
1st December 2012, 10:19 PM
I just successfully finished RNGing my starter for Black 2! It's a flawless shiny Snivy with an Adamant nature. My target frame was 118, so to keep track of the PID frame due to all the NPCs, I counted intervals of 5 seconds after the season screen disappeared and found the PID frame I was on using the nature. I eventually had to count 43 seconds until I pressed A in front of Bianca. It was definitely a lot more tricky than it was in Black Version, but now my Snivy will actually be helpful on my in-game team.

MSK
4th December 2012, 5:06 AM
Hey all

I have a question regarding the Lati@s. When are the IV's etc set on BW2? I want to RNG them but need to know how? Do you need to do it as soon as you enter the dreamyard or can you RNG them when they stop? If someone can give me a guide or an explanation I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks :)

dewey911p
4th December 2012, 7:07 PM
Hey all

I have a question regarding the Lati@s. When are the IV's etc set on BW2? I want to RNG them but need to know how? Do you need to do it as soon as you enter the dreamyard or can you RNG them when they stop? If someone can give me a guide or an explanation I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks :)

Standard Stationary RNG. Save 1 step before initiating the battle and RNG like you normally would, when you do the right number of flips close the window and quickly take the last step to start the battle. There is 1 NPC in the Dream Yard that can screw with your frame, but if you are fast enough he won't be a problem at all. Just make sure to note his presence as it will affect your SSF.

Zenotwapal
4th December 2012, 7:08 PM
Hey all

If I'm correct they are set upon encounter (meaning whatever seed your on is the IVs you get)
Don't quote me on this as I only have B/W & HG/SS experience. HAven't gotten around to RNGing anything in B2/W2 yet. Not enough time on my hands lately. It is quite the same I've heard, just more Timer0 fluctuation (damnit)

gamer_legend
4th December 2012, 7:46 PM
If I'm correct they are set upon encounter (meaning whatever seed your on is the IVs you get)
Don't quote me on this as I only have B/W & HG/SS experience. HAven't gotten around to RNGing anything in B2/W2 yet. Not enough time on my hands lately. It is quite the same I've heard, just more Timer0 fluctuation (damnit)

If it helps when you kill it, if you beat the Elite 4 and the game restarts it'll appear back in the dream yard with different IV's

MSK
4th December 2012, 8:27 PM
Standard Stationary RNG. Save 1 step before initiating the battle and RNG like you normally would, when you do the right number of flips close the window and quickly take the last step to start the battle. There is 1 NPC in the Dream Yard that can screw with your frame, but if you are fast enough he won't be a problem at all. Just make sure to note his presence as it will affect your SSF.

Thanks Dewey, I'll remember the 1 step. Not enjoying BW2 RNGing at the moment as keep getting trolled massively by my timers which is annoying after 2-300 chatot flips :(

Edit!!! Finally caught my shiny calm Uxie after 3 days of trying, those darn NPC's I kept hitting the 2 frames either side of the one I wanted which was exceptionally annoying when I was only differing my flips by 1 each time, didn't think I was ever gonna hit the middle one!! lol
So can anyone tell me are there a lot of NPC's on the route where I catch Azelf?

Zenotwapal
9th December 2012, 1:56 AM
Finally got my DSs to connect to my Router again. Now I can find out my SIDs for B2/W2.
Here's to some RNGs coming from me in the near future

SakuraLatias
9th December 2012, 6:14 AM
Thanks Dewey, I'll remember the 1 step. Not enjoying BW2 RNGing at the moment as keep getting trolled massively by my timers which is annoying after 2-300 chatot flips :(

Edit!!! Finally caught my shiny calm Uxie after 3 days of trying, those darn NPC's I kept hitting the 2 frames either side of the one I wanted which was exceptionally annoying when I was only differing my flips by 1 each time, didn't think I was ever gonna hit the middle one!! lol
So can anyone tell me are there a lot of NPC's on the route where I catch Azelf?

IIRC, there are no WNPC's in Route 23 where Azelf is.

Question: I know that the Dream Radar isn't supported the RNG Reporter. Does anyone have a link to Bug Catching Contest RNG Abuse Guide in HG/SS? PM me.

EDIT 2: Never mind. I found it!

Thimerit
9th December 2012, 3:39 PM
How is it possible that when using InfraRed to connect my BW2 to BW (and trying to trade) it doesn't work in some way.

What happens is, I use IR to connect, the devices locate eachother and then it says to wait until they have connected. Yes, the DS (and 3DS) are facing eachother. It just doesn't launch the actual trading, fighting, whatsoever. It sort of freezes when it asks you to wait a few moments.

Agonist
9th December 2012, 6:27 PM
How is it possible that when using InfraRed to connect my BW2 to BW (and trying to trade) it doesn't work in some way.

What happens is, I use IR to connect, the devices locate eachother and then it says to wait until they have connected. Yes, the DS (and 3DS) are facing eachother. It just doesn't launch the actual trading, fighting, whatsoever. It sort of freezes when it asks you to wait a few moments.

this has nothing to do with RNG abuse...

salamentic
13th December 2012, 6:00 PM
I am a newbie here so I wanted to ask a question.I was RNGing for a flawless shiny volcarona. On time finder the frame was 1 and the PIDRNG was 50.so I saved 4times in front of volcarona(since my initial frame was 46)and then I started battling it.No shiny and wrong IVs too.please help

P.S-my timer0 does fluctuate

Agonist
13th December 2012, 7:18 PM
Then it was probably timer0 troll. What game are you using, and you have found your parameters, right?

salamentic
14th December 2012, 11:57 AM
yep I did find it.Im using bblack 2 and I read about timer0 is famous trolls(lol),So then how do I get my pokemon then since my timer 0 is not stable

Agonist
14th December 2012, 8:13 PM
Just keep trying at it. Unfortunately there isn't really anything else you can do, although the DS model you're using has a slight impact on the number of Timer0's you get (DS Phat/Lite generally only have 5-6).

Ausgirl
15th December 2012, 5:59 AM
Hi guys I'm still trying to figure out how to RNG. At the moment I'm trying to RNG a shiny Cobalion. Anyway I'm still really confused about the process involved in advancing frames etc. Looking at the screen below it says that the Target Frame is on 264 and the shiny frame is on 193. According to the guide I looked at I'm supposed to calculate the following:

(Target frame) -(Initial frame) -(Starting frame) +1 =Advances required.

The only problem is that I'm having trouble trying to identify the initial frame and the starting frame. I understand that the +1 is referring to the results in the collaboration process -I'm currently using a dslite and I got the same result.

Here's a screen shot which displays the target frame I want to hit:

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/4521/cobalion.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/cobalion.png/)

salamentic
15th December 2012, 9:13 AM
I have been trying a lot for that volcarona and even did des parameters twice.But yet I'm not getting it so please see I'd this is the correct way of doing it.
1.I searched for the I'VE frame for 31 in speed and sp.attack
2.I searched for the pPIDRNG frame of frame 54 and starting frame calculated by the reporter as 50.
3.I did it T the correct time and started
4.It did not come shiny after 4 chatot flips.
5.I tried again for the IVs,even then it didn't come

P.S-I'm using a 3ds

Plz help me

Agonist
15th December 2012, 11:00 AM
3DS has an eight second delay, so you've got to start the game eight seconds earlier than the one listed. Finally, 3DS has the most variables for parameters of any DS type. Also, you'll need to find you parameters more than twice. I recommend about twenty times.

salamentic
15th December 2012, 7:07 PM
Ok but how much time would it take ?

Agonist
15th December 2012, 8:27 PM
I don't know.

Ausgirl
16th December 2012, 10:09 AM
So how do I find out the initial and starting frame? so very confused...

Agonist
16th December 2012, 2:19 PM
So how do I find out the initial and starting frame? so very confused...

I don't use RNGR, but iirc you have to right-click on the seed and click calculate initial starting frame... or something like that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Winter02
16th December 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi guys I'm still trying to figure out how to RNG. At the moment I'm trying to RNG a shiny Cobalion. Anyway I'm still really confused about the process involved in advancing frames etc. Looking at the screen below it says that the Target Frame is on 264 and the shiny frame is on 193. According to the guide I looked at I'm supposed to calculate the following:

(Target frame) -(Initial frame) -(Starting frame) +1 =Advances required.

The only problem is that I'm having trouble trying to identify the initial frame and the starting frame. I understand that the +1 is referring to the results in the collaboration process -I'm currently using a dslite and I got the same result.

Here's a screen shot which displays the target frame I want to hit:

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/4521/cobalion.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/cobalion.png/)
Now I'm not sure if I'm reading your photo right, but if you have an IV Frame of 264, you need to find a seed with a lower frame as 264 is way too high. I recommend you to lower it to 1-7, preferably 1 to make it as easy as possible for yourself.

And I also have a question. I read on Smogon that some (NPC-free, I assume) areas in B/W2 have Random PID advancements (like Kyurem's cave, something I noticed while RNGing it earlier today). Are there any other known areas where this happens?

Ausgirl
16th December 2012, 10:23 PM
Now I'm not sure if I'm reading your photo right, but if you have an IV Frame of 264, you need to find a seed with a lower frame as 264 is way too high. I recommend you to lower it to 1-7, preferably 1 to make it as easy as possible for yourself.

And I also have a question. I read on Smogon that some (NPC-free, I assume) areas in B/W2 have Random PID advancements (like Kyurem's cave, something I noticed while RNGing it earlier today). Are there any other known areas where this happens?

OK I guess I can try doing another search. Anyway do I have to right-click on the above seed to calculate the initial frame? or do I have to right click once I've copied the seed onto the main window? Thanks for helping. I swear that this is borderline on crazy obsessive lol.

Winter02
16th December 2012, 10:42 PM
OK I guess I can try doing another search. Anyway do I have to right-click on the above seed to calculate the initial frame? or do I have to right click once I've copied the seed onto the main window? Thanks for helping. I swear that this is borderline on crazy obsessive lol.
Once you have found the seed you want to use, copy it and paste it into the main window in RNG Reporter. Then, select Gen 5 PIDRNG in the dropdown menu. Also be sure to check the boxes for B/W2 if you are using either of those games and Memory Link if you have activated it. Then, press Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame and you will get where your PID frame is starting. Then you can simply see how many advances you need to do in order to reach your desired PID frame, but beware if there are NPCs in the area as you are likely going to need to check how many frames they advance before doing your real advancements.

And don't worry about feeling like a total newbie about all of this, I'm sure all of us experienced RNGers did at some point too.

Agonist
17th December 2012, 1:19 AM

Just Kyurem's cave from what I can tell. I've noticed that occasionally some areas will be off by 1 frame or something, but that's easily compensated for (basically in areas with NPCs, not necessarily wandering ones).

Beck
17th December 2012, 8:38 PM
So cool to see this thread still being used.

PowerMiner
17th December 2012, 9:40 PM
Quick question. If I'm searching for a HP Fighting IV spread that's shiny with a certain nature and ability, is there any reason RNG reporter wouldn't be able to find it? I've searched in various years. Is it just not gonna work because of my ID and SID combination, or is it just really rare? Any way to tell? Using an international ditto parent because of genderless pokemon too, btw.

Agonist
17th December 2012, 11:20 PM
So cool to see this thread still being used.

Sadly, not as often as it used to be.

Quick question. If I'm searching for a HP Fighting IV spread that's shiny with a certain nature and ability, is there any reason RNG reporter wouldn't be able to find it? I've searched in various years. Is it just not gonna work because of my ID and SID combination, or is it just really rare? Any way to tell? Using an international ditto parent because of genderless pokemon too, btw.

Hmm, that's odd. Are you searching using a particular Atk IV, or do the parents have bad IVs, or what?

PowerMiner
17th December 2012, 11:48 PM
I have one parent with 31/31/30 because I'm doing a 31/31/30/30/30/30 spread. I don't have a good Ditto, I just RNG twice all the time. Once to get a half perfect one, again to do the perfect one (On this one I do shininess and etc.) but I just haven't found any seeds, it's weird. I've been searching for a few hours.. Would it help to get better IVs or something? I'm actually using another computer to look for seeds as well. But neither have found anything.. On that one I'm not using a Ditto because of egg moves, and I have a parent with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and am needing 31/x/31/31/31/31. I have my Min advances set to 10 and max advances set to 200, am I doing it too low or something? I've actually not RNGed a shiny perfect pokemon before, just shiny ones with whatever IVs. This is Generation V.

EDIT: In Pokemon White (1) does anyone know if there are any frame advancements around the stationary Pokemon Zekrom, Kyurem, Landorus, or Terrakion? (I know there are moving NPCs around Landorus, but, anything else?) The only reason I ask is because of the random frame advancement in Kyurem's cave in White 2.

QuoteMissy
18th December 2012, 3:46 AM
I have one parent with 31/31/30 because I'm doing a 31/31/30/30/30/30 spread. I don't have a good Ditto, I just RNG twice all the time. Once to get a half perfect one, again to do the perfect one (On this one I do shininess and etc.) but I just haven't found any seeds, it's weird. I've been searching for a few hours.. Would it help to get better IVs or something? I'm actually using another computer to look for seeds as well. But neither have found anything.. On that one I'm not using a Ditto because of egg moves, and I have a parent with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and am needing 31/x/31/31/31/31. I have my Min advances set to 10 and max advances set to 200, am I doing it too low or something? I've actually not RNGed a shiny perfect pokemon before, just shiny ones with whatever IVs. This is Generation V.

EDIT: In Pokemon White (1) does anyone know if there are any frame advancements around the stationary Pokemon Zekrom, Kyurem, Landorus, or Terrakion? (I know there are moving NPCs around Landorus, but, anything else?) The only reason I ask is because of the random frame advancement in Kyurem's cave in White 2.

I would try to get the bottom half of the IV spread as well to get better results, there is a wandering non-player character where Landorus is but it stops when you battle it, however if you defeat it and leave Abundant shrine it'll start moving again, and you can't do anything about it, but other than that the rest are fine.

Agonist
18th December 2012, 6:13 PM

Like Quote said, try getting a better parent. Right now, you're basically looking for an egg that inherits all the IVs from one parent, and generating the other three from scratch.

PowerMiner
19th December 2012, 6:15 AM
Anything else? I got a seed yesterday, but I discovered my profile was a little messed up. :/

Got a better parent, and still looking for a seed...

QuoteMissy
19th December 2012, 9:41 AM
Anything else? I got a seed yesterday, but I discovered my profile was a little messed up. :/

Got a better parent, and still looking for a seed...

If you're not using international parents it's best to have both parents to have the same IVs as the desired offspring, that way, you shouldn't have to do a search range longer than 100 chatters normally if you search through the months.

For Example:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3055/espeontimefinder.png

I found this spread for a shiny DW Eevee by just using same-IVs parents I never used international parents for this one, you may need to search through multiple months since I was lucky to find this early.

Ausgirl
19th December 2012, 1:57 PM
Is smogan in maintenance or something cos I can't access anything on the site atm, even when logged in.

PowerMiner
19th December 2012, 4:50 PM
I actually found a seed last night. The seeds always seem to pop out shortly before midnight. Thanks for the info though! I'll remember that next time. And actually, I was using international parents even though I don't have one.. Will that mess up my shininess? I'm just gonna try it anyway, it was on my non-IV'd one, so I don't have to worry about that, it just needs to learn a specific move for the egg. If it doesn't work, I'll go get one.

EDIT: Found a Japanese Shroomish (Shroomish can learn the egg move I need and pass it down) and it's Male. This shouldn't be too hard now, even though the seed is frame 437. :P
I use Chatot Chatters, so I can generally tell if it's it or not..

EDIT 2: I've hit the seed twice.. I have gotten the same thing with the wrong nature and wrong IVs and wrong Hidden Power... D: It was shiny, though..
How do I fix this now?

EDIT 3: FINALLY. I did two less Chatot frames and it worked... Somehow... YES!

Thanks for the tips! I'll remember those next time!

ANGRYDONUT123
19th December 2012, 7:40 PM
Hi guys im new here and also new to RNGing, Iv been trying to RNG a mienfoo for like a day now near Route 22 on black 2, Iv been trying to calibrate my ds accurately but iv been getting timer0 from 1103 to 1108 (with 1103 and 1106 most frequent). However after trying many. ,many times iv been left quite fustrated.

A few quick questions: Do i really need Chatots to RNG in black and white 2? or is it just to make the process a whole lot more efficient?
I understand the ds lite has a delay of approximately 1 second, for example if the time to hit on my RNGreporter to 00:00:30 should i launch the game at 00:00:29 when the second arm hits 29 second or when it hits exactly at 30 seconds.

PowerMiner
19th December 2012, 8:23 PM
Hi guys im new here and also new to RNGing, Iv been trying to RNG a mienfoo for like a day now near Route 22 on black 2, Iv been trying to calibrate my ds accurately but iv been getting timer0 from 1103 to 1108 (with 1103 and 1106 most frequent). However after trying many. ,many times iv been left quite fustrated.

A few quick questions: Do i really need Chatots to RNG in black and white 2? or is it just to make the process a whole lot more efficient?
I understand the ds lite has a delay of approximately 1 second, for example if the time to hit on my RNGreporter to 00:00:30 should i launch the game at 00:00:29 when the second arm hits 29 second or when it hits exactly at 30 seconds.

Yeah, if you're using a DS Lite or DS Original, start the game about one second before, so if bit's 00:00:30, 00:00

RNGing is much easier on Black/White 1 then 2, if you have Black or White 1, I would use that. And yes, you need Chatots, at least, it's the easiest way I know of. If you don't have one or a Generation IV game, just ask for one in the Generation V trade forum.

Finding your parameters is also easier because of there being fewer Timer0s.
I find it easier to breed Pokemon than to find them in the wild grass, but that's my personal preference, and it takes a little while to figure out. (I actually have no idea how to get the right Pokemon when RNGing in the grass xD)

Anything else?

Ausgirl
19th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, if you're using a DS Lite or DS Original, start the game about one second before, so if bit's 00:00:30, 00:00

RNGing is much easier on Black/White 1 then 2, if you have Black or White 1, I would use that. And yes, you need Chatots, at least, it's the easiest way I know of. If you don't have one or a Generation IV game, just ask for one in the Generation V trade forum.

Finding your parameters is also easier because of there being fewer Timer0s.
I find it easier to breed Pokemon than to find them in the wild grass, but that's my personal preference, and it takes a little while to figure out. (I actually have no idea how to get the right Pokemon when RNGing in the grass xD)

Anything else?

Does that mean that it's easier to rng shiny flawless eggs in BW than in BW2?

Zenotwapal
20th December 2012, 1:40 AM
Does that mean that it's easier to rng shiny flawless eggs in BW than in BW2?

Eggs are impossible to RNG in BW2. The way the game seeds eggs makes it impossible. Your first egg will always have the same IVs every time you boot the game. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Ausgirl
20th December 2012, 1:44 AM
Eggs are impossible to RNG in BW2. The way the game seeds eggs makes it impossible. Your first egg will always have the same IVs every time you boot the game. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I thought it was possible in BW1 though?

PowerMiner
20th December 2012, 1:55 AM

Yeah, you can RNG eggs in BW1. I do it a lot.

Zenotwapal
20th December 2012, 2:17 AM

You can do it in BW1, there's just a few NPC's that throw off your frame. No big deal though.
Stick to B/W1 for Eggs. And for everything if you can. From my understanding RNGing in B/W2 is a pain in the *** (I haven't started it yet but I will this weekend.)

PowerMiner
20th December 2012, 2:27 AM
You can do it in BW1, there's just a few NPC's that throw off your frame. No big deal though.
Stick to B/W1 for Eggs. And for everything if you can. From my understanding RNGing in B/W2 is a pain (I haven't started it yet but I will this weekend.)

Good luck with that... I gave up. I'm not entirely sure I was doing it right, but I think so..

I had no problem RNGing my Genesect pretty much, but Reshiram... I never did it. I don't know what was happening there..

EDIT: I'm trying to RNG a Ditto now, with specific IVs. I know how to get rid of the fog. I actually got a shiny one, but the IVs didn't fit. Am I supposed to do something else to change the IVs? Is there a PIDRNG and an IV frame?
I had no luck finding the seed I needed on Standard Seed.

Agonist
20th December 2012, 5:33 AM
Stick to B/W1 for Eggs. And for everything if you can. From my understanding RNGing in B/W2 is a pain in the *** (I haven't started it yet but I will this weekend.)

Nah, BW2 isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, the Timer0 troll can be annoying, but normally you can get what you want within a couple tries. Only time I've found it to be a real pain in the *** is while doing Entralink abuse.

Ausgirl
20th December 2012, 6:23 AM
Well I've been trying to find a low frame to catch a jolly shiny near-flawless cobalion but I keep getting high frames so I think I'll stick with the one I got on my most recent search. This time I got one with a target frame on 701 with a starting frame on 46. However I'm still slightly confused about the calculation bit. I got the following calculation 701-46=655.

Now I want to check if I understand the advancements properlly. Based on what I got above I need to advance my frame by walking 128 steps with five pokemon in my party and that each turn is worth 2 steps. Is this correct?

I also got a shiny frame of 301. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that -how does that fall into the above equation?

Also there is a wondering npc near cobalion. It's one of the rangers and she keeps walking around the rock in the grass. Should I be counting how many steps she takes? Cos she does about 5 360 degree turns. Although the pattern is the same she moves quite fast and I'm just wondering if it's even possible to even RNG with her there in the first place.

Thanks for your help guys!

Agonist
20th December 2012, 6:37 AM
Also there is a wondering npc near cobalion. It's one of the rangers and she keeps walking around the rock in the grass. Should I be counting how many steps she takes? Cos she does about 5 360 degree turns. Although the pattern is the same she moves quite fast and I'm just wondering if it's even possible to even RNG with her there in the first place.

Of course it's possible to RNG with her there, although I don't know why you're bothering to watch her move (she's not actually the one who advances the PIDRNG, the actual WNPCs are further down). Mash A as fast as you can to see what PID frame you get, then do the difference in chatter flips, and you should get your shiny Cobalion.

Ausgirl
20th December 2012, 6:57 AM
Of course it's possible to RNG with her there, although I don't know why you're bothering to watch her move (she's not actually the one who advances the PIDRNG, the actual WNPCs are further down). Mash A as fast as you can to see what PID frame you get, then do the difference in chatter flips, and you should get your shiny Cobalion.

Well ignoring the ranger I'm still confused about the different frames -the target frame and the starter frame I understand now. However I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with the shiny frame. How does that add into the calculation?

Here's some screen shots (click on the images to increase size) of the shiny nearflawless seed I'm trying to hit:

Time finder window:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/442/cobalion.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/cobalion.png/)

Main window showing starting frame:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/812/shinyframe.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/shinyframe.png/)

And finally the main window with the shiny seed:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/12/startingfame.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/startingfame.png/)

I just need help tryng to figure out the calculations so that I can advance correctly.

Winter02
20th December 2012, 12:27 PM
Well ignoring the ranger I'm still confused about the different frames -the target frame and the starter frame I understand now. However I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with the shiny frame. How does that add into the calculation?

Here's some screen shots (click on the images to increase size) of the shiny nearflawless seed I'm trying to hit:

Time finder window:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/442/cobalion.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/cobalion.png/)

Main window showing starting frame:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/812/shinyframe.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/shinyframe.png/)

And finally the main window with the shiny seed:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/12/startingfame.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/startingfame.png/)

I just need help tryng to figure out the calculations so that I can advance correctly.
First of all, as I said last time, your IV frame is way too high, there is no way you'll be able to hit an IV frame of 701. Set your max frame to 1, that will make things much easier for you.
And I'm also wondering exactly what you are aiming for regarding the Cobalion, Jolly with HP Ice seems a bit odd to me. With your desired IVs, you should go for Naive, Hasty or Timid instead, or change the IVs to 31/31/31/x/31/31 and keep going for Jolly. But then I'm not a competitive expert, Jolly HP Ice Cobalion might have some desired set that I am unaware of.

One thing I would recommend you to do is to start with something else than Cobalion as it is in an area with many NPCs. If this is your first RNG, I recommend you to start with something that doesn't have any NPCs in its area, Volcarona will work if you haven't caught it yet. Others that meet this condition are Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia and the Regis.

Ausgirl
20th December 2012, 2:20 PM
First of all, as I said last time, your IV frame is way too high, there is no way you'll be able to hit an IV frame of 701. Set your max frame to 1, that will make things much easier for you.
And I'm also wondering exactly what you are aiming for regarding the Cobalion, Jolly with HP Ice seems a bit odd to me. With your desired IVs, you should go for Naive, Hasty or Timid instead, or change the IVs to 31/31/31/x/31/31 and keep going for Jolly. But then I'm not a competitive expert, Jolly HP Ice Cobalion might have some desired set that I am unaware of.

One thing I would recommend you to do is to start with something else than Cobalion as it is in an area with many NPCs. If this is your first RNG, I recommend you to start with something that doesn't have any NPCs in its area, Volcarona will work if you haven't caught it yet. Others that meet this condition are Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia and the Regis.

I suppose I could try Volcarona first if it's easier -it would certainly make a very nice shiny!

PowerMiner
20th December 2012, 7:55 PM
I'm honestly confused on the whole IV Frame thing. Is there a PIDRNG and an IV frame and I need to manipulate both of them? I managed to manipulate the PIDRNG frame and get a shiny Ditto, but the IVs were all wrong. Also I was getting some Initial frame advancements in the Chasm, I think. It was moving a Chatot pitches ahead a couple frames, following on from that, I did what I thought was hitting my seed, and got a shiny Ditto with bad IVs. (I'm just trying to get a Ditto with good IVs, really)

Could someone explain it to me? I get rid of the fog, save in the grass at the giant chasm, do one or two Chatot advances, and then Sweet Scent. Is there something I'm missing relating to this IV frame?

Winter02
20th December 2012, 11:34 PM
I'm honestly confused on the whole IV Frame thing. Is there a PIDRNG and an IV frame and I need to manipulate both of them? I managed to manipulate the PIDRNG frame and get a shiny Ditto, but the IVs were all wrong. Also I was getting some Initial frame advancements in the Chasm, I think. It was moving a Chatot pitches ahead a couple frames, following on from that, I did what I thought was hitting my seed, and got a shiny Ditto with bad IVs. (I'm just trying to get a Ditto with good IVs, really)

Could someone explain it to me? I get rid of the fog, save in the grass at the giant chasm, do one or two Chatot advances, and then Sweet Scent. Is there something I'm missing relating to this IV frame?
Yes, the IV Frame and PID Frame are two different things. The PID Frame is advanced by Chatot chatters, and the IV frame is advanced by walking 128 steps with a certain number of Pokemon in your party (the number of Pokemon in your party is what the frame will advance with). If you are having trouble with the IV Frame, I would suggest you to always use an IV frame of 1 at all times when it is possible, it usually makes things much easier.

PowerMiner
21st December 2012, 2:34 AM
Yes, the IV Frame and PID Frame are two different things. The PID Frame is advanced by Chatot chatters, and the IV frame is advanced by walking 128 steps with a certain number of Pokemon in your party (the number of Pokemon in your party is what the frame will advance with). If you are having trouble with the IV Frame, I would suggest you to always use an IV frame of 1 at all times when it is possible, it usually makes things much easier.

So if my starting frame is 47 and my seed is on 47? I just hit it? Time to test.

Well it was shiny, but the IVs were never right. Every time it was Ditto it was wrong besides the shininess...

Zenotwapal
21st December 2012, 10:23 PM
In the process of RNGing all my Keldeo.
I am on winter break so I have a decent amount of free time to RNG some things. Getting caught up. Gotta find the parameters to 4 copies of B2/W2 which will be a pain in the ***.

ANGRYDONUT123
22nd December 2012, 4:50 AM
Sorry for asking a noob question, so if the iv frame and the PID frame are separate, can i technically get a wild pokemon with desired iv without chatots since the chatots are mainly to advance the PID frame? Been having trouble getting a chatot to try out the whole process :(

Zenotwapal
22nd December 2012, 2:12 PM
Sorry for asking a noob question, so if the iv frame and the PID frame are separate, can i technically get a wild pokemon with desired iv without chatots since the chatots are mainly to advance the PID frame? Been having trouble getting a chatot to try out the whole process :(
Yes you can it just won't have a decent nature (most likely)

This is strange. I was informed that there's many timer0 variations in B2/W2. I started calibrating my brother's game (Black 2, in the last Victory Road room before you step outside to get to the Pokemon League) And I've hit the same timer0 3 times in a row. Am I just really lucky or am I doing something wrong? Can you still calibrate in Victory Road? I see no NPCs so I assume I can, unless (by some magic chance) there's a frame variation in this room.
EDIT: also, where is the BEST palce to RNG wondercards in B2/W2?

Agonist
22nd December 2012, 2:40 PM
Yes you can it just won't have a decent nature (most likely)

This is strange. I was informed that there's many timer0 variations in B2/W2. I started calibrating my brother's game (Black 2, in the last Victory Road room before you step outside to get to the Pokemon League) And I've hit the same timer0 3 times in a row. Am I just really lucky or am I doing something wrong? Can you still calibrate in Victory Road? I see no NPCs so I assume I can, unless (by some magic chance) there's a frame variation in this room.
EDIT: also, where is the BEST palce to RNG wondercards in B2/W2?

Nah, you can hit it multiple times, especially if you're using a DS Phat/Lite (the fewest amount of Timer0 variations), and WNPCs have nothing to do with calibration (since you're only going after the IV frame, not PID frame).

Best place to RNG wondercards is Castelia, in BW2.

ANGRYDONUT123
22nd December 2012, 6:08 PM
yea i hit a single timer0 value like 2 or 3 times in a row but when i start to do it several more times i get a variation. :(

Ausgirl
24th December 2012, 7:38 AM
I need to clarify something.

I decided to go after Volcarona in B2 and I found a seed with a target frame 133 and a shiny frame on 62. The main window says the starting frame is on 58. This gives me the following calculation 133-58=75. Which means that I don't need to do any advancements for my IVs since the game always starts on frame 1? so I just have to go straight into my menu and listen to 62 custom chatots and then activate the battle?

Sephiroth.or
24th December 2012, 7:08 PM
Hi!
I just started to RNGing Pokemon, I spent various hours but I can't do it yet...

1. I want a Timid Keldeo and I'm using a 3DS XL... is this a problem? (the XL)
2. About the same... In 3DS XL should I press A to load the game "in the exact second" or "one second before" (I saw this was common in DS consoles)?
3. When I calibrated the RNG Report I generated like 6 different seeds and I got different results...
Timer0 = 12BB (x4), 12BC (x2) << So, I'm using a range [12BB,12BC] in my profile, and I give priority to 12BB seeds.
Actual Seconds = 7 (x4), 8 (x2) << I haven't read this happens, so... Did I do something wrong?
4. If my Actual seconds were "7" and, for example, my result is "12-24-12 18:00:28"... I have to Press A at "18:00:21" right?

Thanks in advance.
Regards!

StoneyPikachu
24th December 2012, 11:31 PM
3ds is confusing. the delay is always 8 seconds. do you have a DS-lite? its so much easier

Sephiroth.or
25th December 2012, 12:30 AM
Nop :/ Y only have 3DS and 3DS XL...

3ds is confusing. the delay is always 8 seconds. do you have a DS-lite? its so much easier

FairyWitch
26th December 2012, 3:11 AM
hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...

Agonist
26th December 2012, 3:21 AM
hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...

If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.

JTrainer
26th December 2012, 3:52 AM
I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.

Agonist
26th December 2012, 4:01 AM
I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.

Perfectly possible. If you want it to hatch shiny, use non-international parents, and used your BW2 TID/SID.

FairyWitch
26th December 2012, 4:22 AM
If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.

alright thanks no i can't use PPRNG...so ill be doing it the same way then as BW1 thank you...

Typhlosion X
26th December 2012, 3:27 PM
alright thanks no i can't use PPRNG...so ill be doing it the same way then as BW1 thank you...
RNG Reporter 9.96.5 can do Unova Link parameters.

FairyWitch
26th December 2012, 10:19 PM
RNG Reporter 9.96.5 can do Unova Link parameters.

im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...

Zenotwapal
27th December 2012, 12:28 AM
Started RNGing in B2/W2 and holy **** my timer0s

During calibration I've always kept my game on 12/26/12, and boot the game at 9:15:30 for every calibration phase. I've done about 15 of those and came up with 10 of those results being the same 2 timer0s. (5 being 1678 and 5 being 167A, I am using a 3DS btw) the rest were odd timer0s that i randomly got
I turn to RNG my first poke (Timid Flawless Genesect) and holy hell
It took me 20 tries to even hit my timer0. Then for some reason my frames were off by 3 so I had to take another 3 tries to hit it again. I know the first 20 tries were all different Timer0s because of their IVs.
jesus christ mannnnnn. I did my brothers genesect(s) and it didn't take THIS long.

But to ask/say something relevant, I've noticed something. I've done this on my brothers 3DS and mine, and my frames on any given seed are always off by 2 or 3 frames (I've had one where it was off by 4). Why is this? It especially happens during Wondercard RNGing but it happened when I was attempting to do a Shiny Modest Flawless Heatran for my brother. Can anyone explain this?

Typhlosion X
27th December 2012, 2:07 AM
im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...

BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.

FairyWitch
27th December 2012, 4:44 AM
BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.

thanks so this would be alot easier then normally doing what i do for bw1 since the timer0 is crazy in the newer game? and when i do this how would i know what to plug in for the reporter to know when and what time to hit my seed to get my timer correct and i will hit my seed no problem? sorry this part is all new to me...i haven't rnged in months and trying to get back into it...i do remember the perimeter search thing normally im just confused what to plug in in the perimeter section after to doing this....

Zenotwapal
28th December 2012, 4:00 PM
Did some RNG's yesterday (will post them to the Discuss my Poke thread later) and read up on Dream Radar RNGing

Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.

So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?

dewey911p
29th December 2012, 6:42 AM
Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.

Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.

So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?

Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=32004) might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!

Zenotwapal
29th December 2012, 1:54 PM
Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.

Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=32004) might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!

Didn't know all of that. Now it seems much more appealing to try. Thanks Dewey!

But I'm gonna hold DR RNGing off until I do everything else in B2/W2. I'm not in too big of a rush ll

Kyurem1515
29th December 2012, 10:38 PM
So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?

StoneyPikachu
29th December 2012, 10:55 PM
How would i know what you're doing wrong it could be a million things here. are you using chatot pitch to confirm seed? i find it easiest to find something with a decent amount of advances, it's easier to hear a chatot burp. i don't advance my frames unless I hear the chatot burps are exactly correct as they say on the reporter. if they sound off, try again. you could have hit the seed, and done the correct amount of frame advancement, but you could have just been trolled by the timer0, which happens all the time.

FairyWitch
29th December 2012, 11:22 PM
So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?

im a bit confused what your asking? what do you mean no avail?

ANGRYDONUT123
30th December 2012, 5:30 AM
Hmmm sorry for asking this question but if i find a pokemon in a hidden grotto and i want to rng it, is it under the stationary pokemon encounter or hidden grotto under encounter type. Does it make a difference??

FairyWitch
30th December 2012, 9:40 PM

alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?

Zenotwapal
30th December 2012, 9:53 PM
alright im trying to do this what your talking about but im launching the infrared? im a bit confused how this works im stuck at the send and receive key area...someone help? im totally lost how to imput this maybe i should just do it the normal way to set my perimeters?

If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.

FairyWitch
30th December 2012, 9:55 PM
If you're getting confused ten just do normal calibration. But you're supposed to launch the communications prompt and read the positions of the spinner, which you can plug into RNGR to find your Timer0 and junk. Its a little faster than normal calibration I've heard. I haven't tried it yet, but I will once I get around to RNGing Dream Radar.

thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD

edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?

Zenotwapal
31st December 2012, 9:49 PM
thing is that im confused how to read it and plug in what? i can't even figure out what to put in the reporter from the spinner? so i think normal calibration is the way to go...how long did it take you get your timer though in your bw2?

edit: nvm i got my perimeters set now XD

edit again: can anyone exlpain why every time i set my perimeters in white 2 version i keep not hitting my seed...is it true that there are more ten 20 timers in bw2? its quite annoying to set up to be honest :/

also i found how to do the unova thing but i learned that its broken on windows :/ so...yeah im stuck with a massive timer project of trying to find it :/ any tips?

Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.

dewey911p
31st December 2012, 11:52 PM
Timer0s fluctuate more in B2/W2. You have to calibrate more (I did 20 times to narrow down my Timer0)
Chances are though, if you're trying to hit a seed that requires a keypress, your game might shift a Timer0 value. Calibrate for both no keypresses and one keypress and switch those two values when you search for no keypresses or one keypress, respectively of course.

That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0

FairyWitch
1st January 2013, 9:54 AM
That's actually not true. Bond697 proved, via machine assembly code and game debugging, that key \presses have no effect on Timer0. B/W2 are just really fickle with Timer0s. Just keep trying and eventually you will land on the right Timer0

oh okay thanks dewey and i got my 10 results now...i got 4 of the same timer but im want to make sure i got the timer correctly, the other trials were 3 or less which you told me that there nothing and just timer fluctuation...the reason is that i got 2 of the same timer with different natures and the other 2 is the exact same nature and pid number (gotta love pokecheck :p)? is this may be moving npc's...if it is then im all set to go...i think i got my timer correct then...

dewey911p
1st January 2013, 1:42 PM
No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.

Zenotwapal
1st January 2013, 2:17 PM
An thank you for correcting me. I just saw that in BearsFan's video and I assumed that was correct.

FairyWitch
1st January 2013, 5:52 PM
No, WNPCs don't effect parameters because parameters just go off of the IVs and not the PID. If you feel confident that you know which value(s) are your most common, I would say you can go ahead and try RNGing with that value(s). As you start to RNG, if you find that you are getting the wrong Timer0 a lot, you can always use whatever it is you are RNGing for a parameter search to see if another value is more common. For example, say you are RNGing Kyurem and you keep getting wrong chatot pitches, well you can use the Master Ball, run a parameter search with Kyurem's IVs and see if you are getting the same Timer0 over and over again. If that is the case, you can try a seed with the other Timer0 or stick to the same seed and eventually you will get the right one.

okay and so how does it explain the same iv's then but different natures then? is that just and wait nevermind i saw you said it only goes of of iv's not pid XD so then i should be all set then cuaz i have 4 of the same iv's and i pretty sure that is the right timer0 for my seed hunting...thanks dewey...ill try doing my rnging then and see what happens and how would i check the iv's then for genescect with out depositing it in pokecheck cuaz it can't cuaz of the ribbon and also on top of it if it did i would not have a chance to rng it again...should i use the iv calculator then?

pwnswitchclik
1st January 2013, 11:58 PM
Is it true a Wurmple's Personality Value can be checked/controlled through RNG Reporter?

dewey911p
2nd January 2013, 1:45 AM
Is it true a Wurmple's Personality Value can be checked/controlled through RNG Reporter?

You can pretty much RNG anything. Here is a Wurmple specific guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4055184&postcount=12076

pwnswitchclik
2nd January 2013, 2:02 AM
You can pretty much RNG anything. Here is a Wurmple specific guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4055184&postcount=12076

Gee, thanks!^^ BTW, when you mean anything would that include Evo Stones in dustclouds?

Also, what is the current version of RNG Reporter? mine is still 9.96 alpha, because the beta version said it wasn't compatible with my Windows or something.

dewey911p
2nd January 2013, 3:23 AM
Gee, thanks!^^ BTW, when you mean anything would that include Evo Stones in dustclouds?

Also, what is the current version of RNG Reporter? mine is still 9.96 alpha, because the beta version said it wasn't compatible with my Windows or something.

Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.

As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.

pwnswitchclik
2nd January 2013, 7:32 PM
Yeah, RNGR has supported item abuse for awhile now in both shaking spots (of all kinds) and even held items on wild pokemon. I never bothered with item abuse as screwing around with my AR when I first got it gave me more items then I even wanted (and I can't get rid of the damn things either ~.~) but others have and I'm sure there are guides written about item abuse on smogon somewhere.

I'll check it out definitely.

As for the most recent version of RNGR it's 9.96.5 beta which requires NET 4.5 (or something like that ... hell if I know) to run and as such, is not compatible with windows OS before Vista. So if you are still running XP, you're SoL as RNGR now requires Vista and beyond to work. The reason is because the developers figured a 40%+ increase in seed searching speed was a higher priority than support for an 11 year old OS.

Wow, that...sucks. -.-

FairyWitch
3rd January 2013, 2:46 AM
hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?

QuoteMissy
3rd January 2013, 2:51 AM
hey i got another question i did 5 more searches to be safe and i noticed i got two timers that show up the most? is it possible to have two timers that show up the most? and could i use either one for my rng's for bw2?

Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.

FairyWitch
3rd January 2013, 2:57 AM
Yes, for RNGing targets try to get search results that land on your most common Timer0's if you can.

okay thank you very much quote...i was wondering if it was possible thanks a bunch...i have two timers show up like 5 times and the others are 4 and below...i think im ready to rng my first thing on bw2 now ^_^

MSK
3rd January 2013, 11:46 AM
So I'm about to go and RNG my Latias in White 2. I know I need to save a square away, do the usual, then take the step to start the encounter. What I want to know though is are there any NPC's in the dreamyard that'll affect my frame advances. I've got a penta-flawless sync frame that only requires 60 advances so don't want a load of NPC's that take me past this.