PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

dewey911p
3rd January 2013, 4:28 PM
There is one NPC in the Dreamyard but if you are fast enough they won't advance your frame. Just note that they are their though because they can screw with your results, but again, if you are fast enough they shouldn't be a problem.

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 4:31 PM
Has anyone thought that Timer0s are not the only thing that trolls you, but SSF as well? I swear to you, when Timer0 wasn't trolling at the moment and found my SSF, to which I counted the amount of frame advancements required (8 on my last case), chatot flipped 8 times and landed one frame after the desired one, and I go, like FFFUUUUUUUUU...

Kalosian
3rd January 2013, 4:51 PM
So I'm about to go and RNG my Latias in White 2. I know I need to save a square away, do the usual, then take the step to start the encounter. What I want to know though is are there any NPC's in the dreamyard that'll affect my frame advances. I've got a penta-flawless sync frame that only requires 60 advances so don't want a load of NPC's that take me past this.
It shouldn't be a problem, the NPC in the Dreamyard doesn't advance your frame by that much. When I did my Latios, I had a shiny frame at 50 after the starting frame and I could get it just fine. As Dewey said, it will not be a problem if you are fast enough.

Has anyone thought that Timer0s are not the only thing that trolls you, but SSF as well? I swear to you, when Timer0 wasn't trolling at the moment and found my SSF, to which I counted the amount of frame advancements required (8 on my last case), chatot flipped 8 times and landed one frame after the desired one, and I go, like FFFUUUUUUUUU...
This happens sometimes. I have never noticed it when it comes to stationary Pokemon, but it has happened for me when it comes to both eggs and catching wild Pokemon with Sweet Scent. Not sure if there is anything you can do but to try again, possibly adjusting your advancements if necessary.

Agonist
3rd January 2013, 5:08 PM

That would be because of WNPCs.

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 5:16 PM
It shouldn't be a problem, the NPC in the Dreamyard doesn't advance your frame by that much. When I did my Latios, I had a shiny frame at 50 after the starting frame and I could get it just fine. As Dewey said, it will not be a problem if you are fast enough.

This happens sometimes. I have never noticed it when it comes to stationary Pokemon, but it has happened for me when it comes to both eggs and catching wild Pokemon with Sweet Scent. Not sure if there is anything you can do but to try again, possibly adjusting your advancements if necessary.

My cases are with egg abuse, this one included, the thing that arouses my rage, is when I do adjustments, like, trying only 7 chatot flips, I end up landing on the frame before the desired one, then i go "so it's back to 8 advancements, okay, I'll buy it" the I do it all over again with 8 flips, but this time the other moment killer, Timer0 remembers to go at it like in previous cases, then it's back to square one, but i'll keep trying 'til I drop.

Agonist
3rd January 2013, 5:21 PM
My cases are with egg abuse, this one included, the thing that arouses my rage, is when I do adjustments, like, trying only 7 chatot flips, I end up landing on the frame before the desired one, then i go "so it's back to 8 advancements, okay, I'll buy it" the I do it all over again with 8 flips, but this time the other moment killer, Timer0 remembers to go at it like in previous cases, then it's back to square one, but i'll keep trying 'til I drop.

That would be because of WNPCs.

Since apparently you didn't see it.

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 6:29 PM
Since apparently you didn't see it.

Yes I didn't saw it, I was replying to his post, and then when I posted, you posted before I did. Sorry;)

FairyWitch
3rd January 2013, 8:57 PM
am i doing everything right? i think my timer0 is just trolling me to death but i seriously don't understand im not hitting my seed and i did it like 20 times already...someone tells me to switch to my other most common timer...also btw im rnging genesect...for wondercards am i doing this all correct? i serach the seed under wondercard...then copy and past in the main reporter then don't do a frame start search cuaz it doesn't need for wondercards right? i thought i remember that its practily -1 frame of the starting which is 1 anyway right?the do the chatot flips and then it should hit since i have my most common timer but im not saying it will be in one try cuaz of the timer0 fluctuating...i know there no moving npc in the center...am i doing everything right? its been awhile since i did wondercards...

MSK
3rd January 2013, 11:57 PM
There is one NPC in the Dreamyard but if you are fast enough they won't advance your frame. Just note that they are their though because they can screw with your results, but again, if you are fast enough they shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Dewey. Just another quick question because I think I'm being stupid now.
Do I RNG before I step into seeing Latias at the start of the Dreamyard and chasing him around, or do I save and RNG on the walkway after I've chased him and as he attacks me.
I think it's gonna be the second but just want to check so I don't mess it up lol

Kalosian
4th January 2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks Dewey. Just another quick question because I think I'm being stupid now.
Do I RNG before I step into seeing Latias at the start of the Dreamyard and chasing him around, or do I save and RNG on the walkway after I've chased him and as he attacks me.
I think it's gonna be the second but just want to check so I don't mess it up lol
Yes, it's the second option, you RNG it right before the battle at the walkway, not before chasing it.

FairyWitch
4th January 2013, 12:13 AM
it seems everyone ignores my questions XD anyway i got help on smogon a bit but now im stuck again...now rnging wondercards on bw2 i take the intial frame-the target frame? i already checked the box for bw2 and i did do the intial frame search like i was told...i just want to make sure im doing it right? i did like 3 times so far nothing hit...

QuoteMissy
4th January 2013, 2:01 AM
it seems everyone ignores my questions XD anyway i got help on smogon a bit but now im stuck again...now rnging wondercards on bw2 i take the intial frame-the target frame? i already checked the box for bw2 and i did do the intial frame search like i was told...i just want to make sure im doing it right? i did like 3 times so far nothing hit...

Are you RNGing your target in Castellia? There are no wnpcs there to screw with your frame advancements.

FairyWitch
4th January 2013, 2:13 AM
Are you RNGing your target in Castellia? There are no wnpcs there to screw with your frame advancements.

that what it it is XD no im in driftveil and really they have moving npc in all the other centers XD that sucks...alright ill do it at castellia then thanks quote :)

k_tribal
5th January 2013, 8:30 PM
Hi there. I learned how to RNG in BW1 late last year and it's been a blast. I've been using it mostly for egg abuse since I'd caught most of my legendaries early.
I tried RNGing eggs in BW2 to avail, so I keep my breeding projects in my White with no problems at all aside from the occasional 'missed by one or two frames.'

Now I have two DS lites, both quite old. DS lite #1's battery sometimes fails to charge but the clock is flawless; while the other one, the newer one, DS lite #2's battery is in top shape but the clock on this one is broken and stuck. I exchanged their batteries later and have been RNGing fine since. Had to recalibrate and all, but no real problems.

However since the start of the new year I cannot seem to hit my desired seeds on DS1. The monster that hatches isn't even on my seed. I am, however, hitting the same particular seed since the same monster pops out every time I try to RNG an egg. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any solutions to this at all?

FairyWitch
5th January 2013, 8:57 PM
Hi there. I learned how to RNG in BW1 late last year and it's been a blast. I've been using it mostly for egg abuse since I'd caught most of my legendaries early.
I tried RNGing eggs in BW2 to avail, so I keep my breeding projects in my White with no problems at all aside from the occasional 'missed by one or two frames.'

Now I have two DS lites, both quite old. DS lite #1's battery sometimes fails to charge but the clock is flawless; while the other one, the newer one, DS lite #2's battery is in top shape but the clock on this one is broken and stuck. I exchanged their batteries later and have been RNGing fine since. Had to recalibrate and all, but no real problems.

However since the start of the new year I cannot seem to hit my desired seeds on DS1. The monster that hatches isn't even on my seed. I am, however, hitting the same particular seed since the same monster pops out every time I try to RNG an egg. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any solutions to this at all?

im not sure what your asking about you saying your ds is not hitting seeds for bw1 or bw2? sorry there just so much text im not sure what your asking XD the post is all over the place...

MSK
6th January 2013, 1:19 AM
Yes, it's the second option, you RNG it right before the battle at the walkway, not before chasing it.

Thanks, all done now, caught her this morning :) Shiny Bold (sync) 31/24/31/31/31/31 only took me 4 Ultra Balls as well which was nice.
I ended up with a SSF of 6, handily I was doing it in increments of 2 and the frames 2 away either side were non-syncable so found it easily :)

FairyWitch
6th January 2013, 1:27 AM
hey guys am i doing everything right when i search out a seed for stationary legendarys...its been awhile once again...capture tab, stationary...min/max set to 1/1 and then imput all i need check the box for sycronized only? input iv's etc and serach? also for cressila and hetran since they are not genderless...does that make a difference?

stoutshako
6th January 2013, 1:47 AM
i tried watching a lot of videos but im not sure if im being extremely dumb or is the RNG reporter that seems different from the videos and guides... but i just cant get it , i mean i cant even set the setup, if someone could teach me via, skype/msn with microphone that would be awesome and ofc its not going to be free, il also give a Victini from movie 14,shaymin from movie11,Gamestop deoxys or a Plasma Genesect.

dewey911p
6th January 2013, 1:49 AM

It just sounds like you missed your Timer0, keep trying and eventually you will get it. T0 can be a royal pain sometimes.

hey guys am i doing everything right when i search out a seed for stationary legendarys...its been awhile once again...capture tab, stationary...min/max set to 1/1 and then imput all i need check the box for sycronized only? input iv's etc and serach? also for cressila and hetran since they are not genderless...does that make a difference?

Sounds like you are doing everything just fine. The "Syncronize only" box is optional, but it will only return frames that are affected by syncronize, which is always nice.

As for the gendered legends, that doesn't have any bearing on anything at all really.

FairyWitch
6th January 2013, 2:57 AM
It just sounds like you missed your Timer0, keep trying and eventually you will get it. T0 can be a royal pain sometimes.

Sounds like you are doing everything just fine. The "Syncronize only" box is optional, but it will only return frames that are affected by syncronize, which is always nice.

As for the gendered legends, that doesn't have any bearing on anything at all really.

okay thanks dewey im just having a heard time searching out a seed and was making sure i was doing everything right trying to go for cressila...thats why i asked about the gender thing...

kaorusquee
6th January 2013, 4:40 AM
Is there a guide for fcalibrating in black2 white2? I want to rng a shiny Cresselia, and the Latis, but I'm not quite sure how to set up for it. My second question is, do the Latis count as stationary pokemon?

QuoteMissy
6th January 2013, 4:52 AM
Is there a guide for fcalibrating in black2 white2? I want to rng a shiny Cresselia, and the Latis, but I'm not quite sure how to set up for it. My second question is, do the Latis count as stationary pokemon?

RNGAbuse's B2W2 parameter-finding guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIrt_L34OE). Also, you can calibrate using the old B1W1 method except doing the process multiple times to find your most common Timer0's. As for the Lati's they're just regular stationary pokemon, just save 1 step before walking on the trigger pannel.

kaorusquee
6th January 2013, 5:07 AM
RNGAbuse's B2W2 parameter-finding guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIrt_L34OE). Also, you can calibrate using the old B1W1 method except doing the process multiple times to find your most common Timer0's. As for the Lati's they're just regular stationary pokemon, just save 1 step before walking on the trigger pannel.
Soo, what if I am using rng reporter, not pprng?

EDIT: Okay, so trying to calibrate my White 2. I keep getting either no results or two results! What could I be doing wrong?

FairyWitch
7th January 2013, 5:05 AM
Soo, what if I am using rng reporter, not pprng?

EDIT: Okay, so trying to calibrate my White 2. I keep getting either no results or two results! What could I be doing wrong?

first of all you need to serach your seed about 10 to 15 times to find the timer you hit the most...mostly all bw2 have at least 2 timers that hit the most...you need to find them...see the thing is about bw2 the timer0 is extremely trolling and frinicky cuaz i think if im correct it has at least 20 different timers i was told...it likes to change alot...so you need to do a perimeter serach like at least 10 times to find your seed...also you should be finding only one timer0 result for each trial...it took me a few days to find it but you will find it eventually...

Agonist
7th January 2013, 4:02 PM
first of all you need to serach your seed about 10 to 15 times to find the timer you hit the most...mostly all bw2 have at least 2 timers that hit the most...you need to find them...see the thing is about bw2 the timer0 is extremely trolling and frinicky cuaz i think if im correct it has at least 20 different timers i was told...it likes to change alot...so you need to do a perimeter serach like at least 10 times to find your seed...also you should be finding only one timer0 result for each trial...it took me a few days to find it but you will find it eventually...

It mostly depends on what DS system you're using. DS Phat/Lite have the fewest number of timer0's, while the 3ds has the most. DS Phat/Lite generally only have 6-8 timer0's, and you'll normally only hit 3-4 of them.

Siin
8th January 2013, 6:28 AM
Howdy all! I'm new to the RNG scene and seemed to have come across a problem during the calibration stage. I can gladly detail my entire processes but I'll stick to a few key items right now. I've learned from numerous forums and videos that your Vframe and Vcount should remain consistent however everytime I use the old method of Sweet Scenting, then checking IV's, I had not been able to hit any consistently. I then upgraded to the newer method of using Unova Link as described in this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIrt_L34OE . Just for clarity I am using Black 2. With the Unova Link method I have still not been able to find a Vframe and Vcount that match consistently, I've repeated the process numerous times ( approx 30-40 times over the course of 3-4 days) and no avail. I'm currently trying to RNG a non-shiny Gothita with 31 Sp. Atk and 31 Sp. Def at frame 1.

Key Points:
Cannot find my consistent Vframe and Vcount
DS i
Black 2
RNGing Gothita
Using PokEcheck to check IV's

FairyWitch
8th January 2013, 8:07 AM
It mostly depends on what DS system you're using. DS Phat/Lite have the fewest number of timer0's, while the 3ds has the most. DS Phat/Lite generally only have 6-8 timer0's, and you'll normally only hit 3-4 of them.

oh yeah that is right forgot about that with different ds it makes it worse or better so that explain people with a 3ds would have more trolling right? XD thanks for correcting me agonist :) also guys is it just me is hitting a right-down-X button hard? i did 128 steps 4 pokemon in my party...my min/max frame was on 1-6 i got the frame of 5...after i did the steps did the chatot crys i never seem to hit my nature or my pid? what in flip am i doin wrong? can someone explain me this? im trying to rng cressilia shiny...on the main reporter do i have to check the box that says black and white 2? also im suppose to be on gen 5 pidrng right? stationary? and then calculate starting frame then subtract from starting and hitting frame? yet again its been awhile for stationaries as well...sigh...im such a helpless soul XD LOL

edit: also siin just a shot in the dark asking but are you using a reporter for windows and not pprng? if it a normal windows 9.96.5 then its broken...you need to do it harder way by doing it at least 10-15 but like agonist said depends on your ds on how many timers and your have with the normal perimeter search...unova link method is only for pprnging right now which is a mac program...

Siin
8th January 2013, 8:29 AM
edit: also siin just a shot in the dark asking but are you using a reporter for windows and not pprng? if it a normal windows 9.96.5 then its broken...you need to do it harder way by doing it at least 10-15 but like agonist said depends on your ds on how many timers and your have with the normal perimeter search...unova link method is only for pprnging right now which is a mac program...

My god, where is this information!? Thank you so much! And you're correct, down to the version number, I am using RNGReporter 9.96.5. . Instead of IV checking I'll probably just run PPRNG tomorrow under a mac virtual machine to save me time. Again, thank you a ton. I'll post tomorrow with the results.

QuoteMissy
8th January 2013, 9:10 AM
oh yeah that is right forgot about that with different ds it makes it worse or better so that explain people with a 3ds would have more trolling right? XD thanks for correcting me agonist :) also guys is it just me is hitting a right-down-X button hard? i did 128 steps 4 pokemon in my party...my min/max frame was on 1-6 i got the frame of 5...after i did the steps did the chatot crys i never seem to hit my nature or my pid? what in flip am i doin wrong? can someone explain me this? im trying to rng cressilia shiny...on the main reporter do i have to check the box that says black and white 2? also im suppose to be on gen 5 pidrng right? stationary? and then calculate starting frame then subtract from starting and hitting frame? yet again its been awhile for stationaries as well...sigh...im such a helpless soul XD LOL

Use IVs(Standard Seed), search for your desired IV frame, and check what PID frames are shiny and find a close one.

Zenotwapal
8th January 2013, 8:40 PM
So uhhhh, since this is the most commonly used thread for RNGing (the Club is kind of defunct I guess)

Anyone have any speculation as to if we are going to be able to RNG in these Gen 6 games? I was curious to know if its going to be possible, as the game being 3D the framerate is going to be enormous.

FairyWitch
8th January 2013, 9:49 PM
Use IVs(Standard Seed), search for your desired IV frame, and check what PID frames are shiny and find a close one.

im talking about the main reporter qoute :/...i already got the seed no problem i did that already...im having trouble hitting it....i have a frame 5 which someone told me i have to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party then do the chatot flips but everytime i do nothing matches...i keep getting off randomness hits that never match the main reporter...i was wondering if i did everything right in the main reporter...i plugged in the seed in the main reporter and i used standard seed,pidrng tabs, made sure the thing was sychronizer bold, do i use the bw2 check box?, and then i hit calculate starting frame, and then i took that and generated it...after that i took my hit frame 110-my starting frame 54 which i got 56 chatot flips...my buttons press are all strange too right down x...

dewey911p
8th January 2013, 11:19 PM
So uhhhh, since this is the most commonly used thread for RNGing (the Club is kind of defunct I guess)

Anyone have any speculation as to if we are going to be able to RNG in these Gen 6 games? I was curious to know if its going to be possible, as the game being 3D the framerate is going to be enormous.

how the hell are we suppose to know, it's 10 months away! It is possible to RNG on a 3DS now and it is not like 3D modeling will use the same MT RNG that the pokemon uses, hell, 3D modeling doesn't even use an RNG (as far as I know anyway). I see no reason why RNging wouldn't be possible in gen 6 but we won't know for another year any way so...

im talking about the main reporter qoute :/...i already got the seed no problem i did that already...im having trouble hitting it....i have a frame 5 which someone told me i have to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon in my party then do the chatot flips but everytime i do nothing matches...i keep getting off randomness hits that never match the main reporter...i was wondering if i did everything right in the main reporter...i plugged in the seed in the main reporter and i used standard seed,pidrng tabs, made sure the thing was sychronizer bold, do i use the bw2 check box?, and then i hit calculate starting frame, and then i took that and generated it...after that i took my hit frame 110-my starting frame 54 which i got 56 chatot flips...my buttons press are all strange too right down x...

Well, if you are on B/W 2 and there is a check box for B/W 2, you might want to check it. Your SSF will change. Also, if you used memory link, be sure to check that box as well. From there you should get your results eventually, but keep in mind the large number of Timer0's in B/W2

Zenotwapal
9th January 2013, 12:36 AM
how the hell are we suppose to know, it's 10 months away! It is possible to RNG on a 3DS now and it is not like 3D modeling will use the same MT RNG that the pokemon uses, hell, 3D modeling doesn't even use an RNG (as far as I know anyway). I see no reason why RNging wouldn't be possible in gen 6 but we won't know for another year any way so...

Well it's food for thought really. I just wanted to see everyone's opinion on it. There's a bunch of factors of determining whether or not if I want to buy these games, and RNGing's one of them (not a huge one but its of semi importance.)
I know this thread isn't really meant for this type of discussion, but since the RNG Club is defunct practically and Smogon hasn't begun talking about these games ( as far as I know ) which leads this to be the only place to start that kind of discussion.
Just curiosity, ya know?

joej m
9th January 2013, 1:05 AM
has anyone thought of how long it will be before we can RNG for the new games? D: even though i dont RNG, i use it for competitive play... so now it is back to the drawing board of cracking the code... :/
but... i guess now we have to IV breed... Dx

Agonist
9th January 2013, 2:07 AM
has anyone thought of how long it will be before we can RNG for the new games? D: even though i dont RNG, i use it for competitive play... so now it is back to the drawing board of cracking the code... :/
but... i guess now we have to IV breed... Dx

Don't ask.

FairyWitch
9th January 2013, 4:54 AM
Well, if you are on B/W 2 and there is a check box for B/W 2, you might want to check it. Your SSF will change. Also, if you used memory link, be sure to check that box as well. From there you should get your results eventually, but keep in mind the large number of Timer0's in B/W2

hmmm okay and memory link? i don't think i used that at all...i could be wrong...it may just be my timer0 then...

ANGRYDONUT123
9th January 2013, 2:32 PM
Anyone here can provide a well explained process of hidden grotto RNG (getting for example a poliwhirl in a hidden grotto). I read the smogon guide but somehow still don't really get it. Help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!! :)

Agonist
9th January 2013, 2:50 PM
What part are you having a hard time with?

ANGRYDONUT123
9th January 2013, 4:31 PM
basically im not sure if im doing the whole process right.

first step : Do i save in front of the hidden item/pokemon/item in the hidden grotto i want to rng ensuring no pokemon in the daycare, all other grottos are filled.

second step: proceed to off my ds and set the time to the time given in rng reporter, start my game (proceed to advance the PID frame by using chatots to target frame) and defeat the pokemon/take the item.

third step: walk 255 steps within the grotto and take the final 256th step from inside the grotto to outside the grotto

Im also unsure if the timing on the rng reporter is set when i have walked 255 steps or 0 steps without removing the item/defeating the pokemon.

Much help would be appreciated, i recently managed to get a dragonite in my grotto through manually checking everytime i walked 256 steps and it took me a whole day to find one lol. Unsure if i should do that for the poliwhirl or try my hand at RNGing the grotto. :) thanks in advance again!

Agonist
9th January 2013, 6:30 PM
basically im not sure if im doing the whole process right.

first step : Do i save in front of the hidden item/pokemon/item in the hidden grotto i want to rng ensuring no pokemon in the daycare, all other grottos are filled.

second step: proceed to off my ds and set the time to the time given in rng reporter, start my game (proceed to advance the PID frame by using chatots to target frame) and defeat the pokemon/take the item.

third step: walk 255 steps within the grotto and take the final 256th step from inside the grotto to outside the grotto

Im also unsure if the timing on the rng reporter is set when i have walked 255 steps or 0 steps without removing the item/defeating the pokemon.

Much help would be appreciated, i recently managed to get a dragonite in my grotto through manually checking everytime i walked 256 steps and it took me a whole day to find one lol. Unsure if i should do that for the poliwhirl or try my hand at RNGing the grotto. :) thanks in advance again!

You have to make sure all your Grotto's are filled, except the one you want to abuse. If it's already filled, either capture/knock out, or take whatever is there, and then save inside the Grotto. You then find a seed using RNGR (which you seem to have done already), and start up your game, and hit the seed like you normally would. Then take your 256 steps, and assuming you hit your seed, once you leave, then enter again, the Grotto will have the desired Pokemon/item in it.

FairyWitch
10th January 2013, 9:40 PM
I got a question i have two rng reporters on my computer...is there a possiblity if i have 2 of them on my computer make the reporter not work right? can 9.96.5 do 4th gen id abuse fine? if it is i can delete my old 9.96 beta cuaz it started acting strange and deleted all my timer0 stuff and all my profile stuff?

Agonist
10th January 2013, 10:56 PM
I got a question i have two rng reporters on my computer...is there a possiblity if i have 2 of them on my computer make the reporter not work right? can 9.96.5 do 4th gen id abuse fine? if it is i can delete my old 9.96 beta cuaz it started acting strange and deleted all my timer0 stuff and all my profile stuff?

9.96 beta should be able to do Gen 4 ID abuse just fine.

FairyWitch
11th January 2013, 4:51 AM
9.96 beta should be able to do Gen 4 ID abuse just fine.

oh thank you thats a releif...i can delete my older 9.96 one then thanks agonist...now i just got to get my black version stuff on my new version XD

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
11th January 2013, 7:06 PM
Some White 2 captures on a 3DS...

https://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/643.gif
#643 Reshiram|Modest|Turboblaze|31/31/31/31/31/31|
|Extrasensory|Dragon Pulse|Fusion Flare|Imprison|

https://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
https://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/646.gifhttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/646-white.gif
#646 Kyurem (White)|Timid|Pressure/Turboblaze|31/20/31/31/31/31|
|Scary Face|Glaciate|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|
|Fusion Flare|Ice Burn|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|

SakuraLatias
11th January 2013, 9:45 PM
Some White 2 captures on a 3DS...

https://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.pnghttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/643.gif
#643 Reshiram|Modest|Turboblaze|31/31/31/31/31/31|
|Extrasensory|Dragon Pulse|Fusion Flare|Imprison|

https://www.pokecheck.org/i/shiny.png
https://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/007.pnghttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/646.gifhttps://www.pokecheck.org/i/anims/646-white.gif
#646 Kyurem (White)|Timid|Pressure/Turboblaze|31/20/31/31/31/31|
|Scary Face|Glaciate|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|
|Fusion Flare|Ice Burn|Dragon Pulse|Imprison|

Nice captures! Post at this thread sometime in the future, if you want to discuss your own Pokemon: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?568324-Discuss-My-Pokemon!-(Read-Rules-in-OP-Before-Posting)

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 1:53 AM
Okay, I deleted my last post, but is there a working RNG Reporter that works with Black 2 and White 2? I tried to get the recent version but my computer saying it wasn't a program suitable for Win32. Also, if I plan to use 2 Chatots to advance frames, do both need to know chatter and have a recorded message, or just one does?

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 2:16 AM
Okay, I deleted my last post, but is there a working RNG Reporter that works with Black 2 and White 2? I tried to get the recent version but my computer saying it wasn't a program suitable for Win32. Also, if I plan to use 2 Chatots to advance frames, do both need to know chatter and have a recorded message, or just one does?

The lastest release of RNG Reporter requires Windows 7 as the minimum setting, it sounds like you're using Windows XP which isn't compatable, both Chatots need to know chatter, if you record a custom chatter on one Chatot it automaticly gets passed along to any other Chatot with chatter.

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 2:28 AM
The lastest release of RNG Reporter requires Windows 7 as the minimum setting, it sounds like you're using Windows XP which isn't compatable, both Chatots need to know chatter, if you record a custom chatter on one Chatot it automaticly gets passed along to any other Chatot with chatter.

Okay thanks. And yeah, I'm using a XP, I only have Windows 7 on a labtop and it's my bro's and he won't let me use it, so will it still work even if it doesn't show BW2?

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 2:37 AM
Okay thanks. And yeah, I'm using a XP, I only have Windows 7 on a labtop and it's my bro's and he won't let me use it, so will it still work even if it doesn't show BW2?

Not for B2W2.

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 2:41 AM
Not for B2W2.

Oh, so that means that I'll need to update then. And what about the Shiny Charm? Doesn't that increase the starting SEED or PID or whatever as well?

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 2:44 AM
Oh, so that means that I'll need to update then. And what about the Shiny Charm? Doesn't that increase the starting SEED or PID or whatever as well?

You're thinking of Memory Link that does something similar, the Shiny Charm just increases the number of PIDs to be shiny.

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 2:47 AM
You're thinking of Memory Link that does something similar, the Shiny Charm just increases the number of PIDs to be shiny.

Yeah, was just simply wondering. And what's this about memory link? Or do you mean Dream Link? And would it also be possible to Dream Link RNG, or is that out of the question?

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 3:04 AM
Yeah, was just simply wondering. And what's this about memory link? Or do you mean Dream Link? And would it also be possible to Dream Link RNG, or is that out of the question?

Read this (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/memorylink.shtml), it covers what Memory Link is. There is no Dream Link, unless you mean Entralink, Entralink RNG is in fact easier in B2W2 than in B1W1. However, it's mostly outclassed by B1W1 egg RNGing (with exceptions of course like PGL event pokemon).

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 3:07 AM
Read this (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/memorylink.shtml), it covers what Memory Link is. There is no Dream Link, unless you mean Entralink, Entralink RNG is in fact easier in B2W2 than in B1W1. However, it's mostly outclassed by B1W1 egg RNGing (with exceptions of course like PGL event pokemon).

When I said Dream Link, I meant from the 3DS app Dream Radar in which I believe is what you posted in the link which I am going to check right now.

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 3:21 AM
When I said Dream Link, I meant from the 3DS app Dream Radar in which I believe is what you posted in the link which I am going to check right now.

The Dream Radar is Unova Link not Memory Link but yes, it is possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon although it's a little buggy for Windows RNG Reporter.

Kanethedragon
12th January 2013, 3:24 AM
The Dream Radar is Unova Link not Memory Link but yes, it is possible to RNG Dream Radar pokemon although it's a little buggy for Windows RNG Reporter.

Ah, okay then. Thanks for the info.

Icarus©
12th January 2013, 5:57 AM
so im trying to rng on my white 2, but infortunately rng reporter 9.95 doesn't support it. -__- time to download a new one.
unfortunately, when i try to run it, it tells me to run it with notebook.exe
of course, the rng reporter comes out as garbled garbage, and it says it can't run with that software.
then i try download the thing that supposedly helps you with the speed of the search? not sure bout the name, but the version is around 4
its not compatible with my computer
help? im running a windows vista basic, a bit old, can't handle the time finder.. freezing the whole computer

CaptainHero
12th January 2013, 5:59 AM
Can you actually tell a RNGed pokemon from a non RNGed one?

QuoteMissy
12th January 2013, 6:16 AM
so im trying to rng on my white 2, but infortunately rng reporter 9.95 doesn't support it. -__- time to download a new one.
unfortunately, when i try to run it, it tells me to run it with notebook.exe
of course, the rng reporter comes out as garbled garbage, and it says it can't run with that software.
then i try download the thing that supposedly helps you with the speed of the search? not sure bout the name, but the version is around 4
its not compatible with my computer
help? im running a windows vista basic, a bit old, can't handle the time finder.. freezing the whole computer

Isn't Windows Vista a Mac program? If you're using a Mac you need to use PPRNG not RNG Reporter.

Can you actually tell a RNGed pokemon from a non RNGed one?

No.

FairyWitch
12th January 2013, 8:06 AM
i felling so stupid but someone help me here is it just me but i jotted down all my black version data just in case i get a new reporter...well in some strange case my freakin stupid old reporter deleted my profile and now im in a bind trying to rng keldeo...i know im doing everything right but the thing is im not even hitting my seed at all on my black version now...i know the info i jotted down from my old reporter is correct...im not sure what is going on but im not sure if to truely confirm it cuaz i don't remember the timer i had in the first place i did do one search but i did hit the same timer for my black version so it has to be the right one... i have a frame of 47 for timid hp ice keldeo but the thing is that maybe my frame is way to close to the intial frame, im not hitting it or maybe its just my button presses :/ im not sure what is going on...please help...note i only have one chatot flip and my button presses are up and select...

Icarus©
12th January 2013, 4:36 PM
no windows vista is microsoft.
i mean, i wouldn't even dare mixing up my laptop with a mac

*on a side note*
rng reporter 9.95 worked fine
maybe i need to wait for a windows xp release?

pwnswitchclik
12th January 2013, 5:50 PM
I guess this must have been asked thousands of times, but I have to ask it too: Does the Everstone still retain the exact same effects as it had in Gen IV? I'm going to RNG a magikarp soon and it's parent is an Adamant male Gyarados, and I need to know if the Everstone is going to be useful or not?

Agonist
12th January 2013, 6:19 PM
I guess this must have been asked thousands of times, but I have to ask it too: Does the Everstone still retain the exact same effects as it had in Gen IV? I'm going to RNG a magikarp soon and it's parent is an Adamant male Gyarados, and I need to know if the Everstone is going to be useful or not?

Yes it has the same effect, but I prefer to not use one, since it can make it harder to tell which PID frame you hit.

dewey911p
12th January 2013, 6:24 PM
no windows vista is microsoft.
i mean, i wouldn't even dare mixing up my laptop with a mac

*on a side note*
rng reporter 9.95 worked fine
maybe i need to wait for a windows xp release?

The issue might be with your computer itself. Vista can support RNGR and the NET 4.5 update is required to run RNGR now (just for the sake of thoroughness, after downloading the update, you installed it too yes?). If your computer is old and not very good in general, RNGR might just be too much for your processor to handle. If I try to seed search on my la[top everything else pretty much comes to a dead stop and if I don't turn on the AC in my house, or if it isn't winter, my laptop will over heat and shut itself off completely. As you might imagine, my PoS laptop isn't a very good one either, but the problem here is my laptop and not RNGR. If you happen to have another, more recent computer around, or a friend with a better computer, try running the program on there to see if that helps.

50% chance to pass down the nature in B/W, 100% chance to pass down the nature in B/W2

pwnswitchclik
12th January 2013, 6:27 PM
Thanks, dewey and Agonist ;)

Icarus©
12th January 2013, 8:37 PM
the problem might be with my computer, and ill try it on another one.
I could not even install NET 4.5 because it is not compatible...

Agonist
12th January 2013, 9:18 PM
the problem might be with my computer, and ill try it on another one.
I could not even install NET 4.5 because it is not compatible...

Means you need to stop using obsolete software. :p

ANGRYDONUT123
13th January 2013, 5:11 AM
Need some more help guys, recently RNGed a mienshao with hp ice and the desired IVs however i cant seem to get the correct nature. Im advancing the PID frame by the stated amount. (my target frame is 62 and my initial frame is 56 = 6 advances). However iv been getting naughty nature instead of the desired jolly nature. any idea what im doing wrong? been kinda irritating since i tried it with my dragonite and bagon where iv been getting the same problem but when i advanced the frame 1 more then i was suppose to i got the desire nature (somehow lucky i guess but i have since been unable to replicate the results). Thanks in advance guys! cheers again for all the help :)

FairyWitch
13th January 2013, 6:12 AM
omg i feel so stupid -_- i could of just took my old seed results i wrote down along time ago when i rnged :/ so nevermind on that post above eventhough no one answered it...also for anygrydounut what are you tring to rng on bw1 or 2? i mean to me it seems like your getting moving npc or something that is messing up your pid results...are you doing wild pokemon? or breeding? i can't tell what your doing...

ANGRYDONUT123
13th January 2013, 7:15 AM
Black 2. I was trying to RNG a wild mienshao. I dont think im in an area with walking npcs, even then I get the same result for hidden grotto pokemon (perfect IVs but wrong nature). Am i advancing the frames wrongly?

For example, if my target frame is 62 and my initial calculated frame is 56, i advance 6 frames because the formula is ( 62-56-1+1=6 ) (target frame - initial frame - Starting Frame + 1 = no. of advances required)

dewey911p
13th January 2013, 7:18 AM
Black 2. I was trying to RNG a wild mienshao. I dont think im in an area with walking npcs, even then I get the same result for hidden grotto pokemon (perfect IVs but wrong nature). Am i advancing the frames wrongly?

For example, if my target frame is 62 and my initial calculated frame is 56, i advance 6 frames because the formula is ( 62-56-1+1=6 ) (target frame - initial frame - Starting Frame + 1 = no. of advances required)

Wait, where did you get the additional +1 in your equation from? I have never tried HG abuse yet but if I am not mistaken it should just be a standard stationary abuse as far as the pokemon is concerned. Just grab a sync with the desired nature, hit your seed, and aim for a block of natures that are syncable.

Again though, I have never RNGed a HG pokemon, so if someone tells you otherwise, you should probably listen to them on this one.

QuoteMissy
13th January 2013, 7:29 AM
Wait, where did you get the additional +1 in your equation from? I have never tried HG abuse yet but if I am not mistaken it should just be a standard stationary abuse as far as the pokemon is concerned. Just grab a sync with the desired nature, hit your seed, and aim for a block of natures that are syncable.

Again though, I have never RNGed a HG pokemon, so if someone tells you otherwise, you should probably listen to them on this one.

Dewey, where did you get HG out of all that? Mienshao and the grottoes are in 5th gen.

dewey911p
13th January 2013, 7:38 AM
Dewey, where did you get HG out of all that? Mienshao and the grottoes are in 5th gen.

Hidden Grotto (HG)

ANGRYDONUT123
13th January 2013, 7:40 AM
I found the formula on the Smogon Manipulation Guide Part 2 - How to RNG a Perfect Pokemon. It could be outdated though. when u mean a block of seeds you mean for example frames 64,65,66? where anyone of those frames would suffice?

There isn't a block of them until around 500+ . Iv been trying for frame 62 or 69 for ages, have been hitting the desire IVs several times but no luck with the nature.

dewey911p
13th January 2013, 7:42 AM
I found the formula on the Smogon Manipulation Guide Part 2 - How to RNG a Perfect Pokemon. It could be outdated though. when u mean a block of seeds you mean for example frames 64,65,66? where anyone of those frames would suffice? Thanks for the help everyone. :)

Yup. Since HG pokemon cannot be shiny you are just trying to abuse the nature and IVs mostly. So hit the seed and just aim for a block of consecutive PID frames with the right nature where it wont matter if you hit frame 112 or 116 as the block will all have the same nature.

ANGRYDONUT123
13th January 2013, 7:55 AM
Another question, If i advanced the PID frame by, for example 6 frames and hear a high pitched chatter sound, however the actual corresponding frame and pitch on RNG reporter is low, it means my timer0 is wrong? Thanks in advance :)

dewey911p
13th January 2013, 8:14 AM
Another question, If i advanced the PID frame by, for example 6 frames and hear a high pitched chatter sound, however the actual corresponding frame and pitch on RNG reporter is low, it means my timer0 is wrong? Thanks in advance :)

Either your Timer0 is wrong or you are not on the frame you thought you were. Make sure to follow the pitches from the beginning and make sure to check the B/W2 check box on the main window of RNGR.

Icarus©
14th January 2013, 1:38 AM
nvmind
i found the problem

Kanethedragon
15th January 2013, 4:15 AM
I'm having trouble trying to hit my SEED. I was using everything the guy in this video was using (except for the unique things like MAC address and IV range) and when calculating the range, I put it in and nothing comes up after searching. The MAC address is right and the timing is as well, as well as the date and time, can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? The bvideo is this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w&feature=channel_video_title

dewey911p
15th January 2013, 4:33 AM
I'm having trouble trying to hit my SEED. I was using everything the guy in this video was using (except for the unique things like MAC address and IV range) and when calculating the range, I put it in and nothing comes up after searching. The MAC address is right and the timing is as well, as well as the date and time, can anyone please help me figure out what's wrong? The bvideo is this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w&feature=channel_video_title

The information is kinda vague but it could be a few things:

- Are you marking down the seconds at which you launch the game or the seconds at which you catch the pokemon? You need to do the former but a common mistake is for people to do the latter.

- Are you remembering to keep the C-Gear off?

- If you are on B/W2 you might need to adjust the parameter ranges for parameter finder. Newer version may have already updated for this, but the older versions had ranges that were off.

- Are you sure the IVs are correct?

- Did you double check to make sure everything was selected properly? Game version, language, MAC address, etc

- Did you hit any keypresses before the white Nintendo splash screen popped up?

Those are a few troubleshooting tips that might help, but if not, try giving some more details if possible.

EDIT: I assumed the issue was that you cannot find your parameters, but if the issue is something else, just re-post and clarify.

Kanethedragon
15th January 2013, 4:46 AM
The information is kinda vague but it could be a few things:

- Are you marking down the seconds at which you launch the game or the seconds at which you catch the pokemon? You need to do the former but a common mistake is for people to do the latter.

- Are you remembering to keep the C-Gear off?

- If you are on B/W2 you might need to adjust the parameter ranges for parameter finder. Newer version may have already updated for this, but the older versions had ranges that were off.

- Are you sure the IVs are correct?

- Did you double check to make sure everything was selected properly? Game version, language, MAC address, etc

- Did you hit any keypresses before the white Nintendo splash screen popped up?

Those are a few troubleshooting tips that might help, but if not, try giving some more details if possible.

EDIT: I assumed the issue was that you cannot find your parameters, but if the issue is something else, just re-post and clarify.

Everything I did except count the catching seconds. I counted the starting seconds from the main screen that the guy did. IVs checked out, double checked the information, and it's on White 1 English. As for the catching thing, I immediately used sweet scent after the season thing and caught the pokemon(s) in VR/GC with a 1-shot Dusk Ball.

dewey911p
15th January 2013, 5:08 AM
Everything I did except count the catching seconds. I counted the starting seconds from the main screen that the guy did. IVs checked out, double checked the information, and it's on White 1 English. As for the catching thing, I immediately used sweet scent after the season thing and caught the pokemon(s) in VR/GC with a 1-shot Dusk Ball.

Are you using an AR to catch the pokemon or did you just get lucky and only need one ball? If you are using an AR, that is the problem. It doesn't matter how long it takes to catch the pokemon but a master ball can be helpful since you don't need to save after you catch and check the IVs.

Shiny Magcargo
15th January 2013, 3:19 PM
So I am having trouble with the breeding aspect or RNG. I have already managed to successfully RNG stationary legendary pokemon, wondercard pokemon and the roamer for my version. I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta.

I am trying to breed a gastly with disable so using the IV checker I know that I have a male Grimer from Spain with IV's 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a female timid gastly from the US with IV's 31/x/x/31/31/31. So I open up time finder and am leaving the min/max advances as the default 10/45. Then checking the international parents box, filling in the iv's and select timid for the everstone. I select 31 for the IV's of everything but attack and select timid for the nature. I then hit generate and get a lot of results. So, I select a seed with frame say 89. Then I copy it in the main window using breeding international and everstone, click calculate initial PIDRNG frame and get something like 42. If I try to advance the frame with chatot chatters or just pick up the egg immediately the pokemon I hatch isn't on the list of possible pokemon for that seed because the nature / inheritance / gender isn't listed. I am using the same method of starting the game at the appropriate time that I consistently used for catching the legendary pokemon so I don't think that is the problem but I have read several guides and they seem to be using different versions of rng reporter so I can't figure out exactly what I am doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

Kanethedragon
16th January 2013, 1:35 AM
Are you using an AR to catch the pokemon or did you just get lucky and only need one ball? If you are using an AR, that is the problem. It doesn't matter how long it takes to catch the pokemon but a master ball can be helpful since you don't need to save after you catch and check the IVs.

No AR, Dusk Ball+Caves/Night=Good Medicine, you should use specialty balls, they're really useful, especially the Dusk Balls.

PowerMiner
21st January 2013, 8:49 PM
How do I tell if a seed will be an Illumise or Volbeat seed when I'm breeding an Illumise?

Agonist
21st January 2013, 8:50 PM
How do I tell if a seed will be an Illumise or Volbeat seed when I'm breeding an Illumise?

Check the Illumise/Nidoran-F box.

PowerMiner
21st January 2013, 9:06 PM
Check the Illumise/Nidoran-F box.

I'm using 9.96.1 (Because the profiles don't work on the other ones for me) and I only see a Nidoran/Volbeat box. How can I tell which one the seed is? The gender?

Ai7iS
21st January 2013, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know if the Dialga/Palkia/Girantina eggs in HGSS can be RNG'd? If so, what method is used? Gift pokemon?

dewey911p
21st January 2013, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know if the Dialga/Palkia/Girantina eggs in HGSS can be RNG'd? If so, what method is used? Gift pokemon?

Yes they can, they are method 1

FairyWitch
24th January 2013, 3:51 AM

if your talking about the event one for sinjoh ruins it is method 1 you use on the reporter...this is how i got this little pretty shiny flawless too :p
http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1897335

edit: here is the guide for 4th gen...if you scroll down more you will find about the sinjoh ruin events being method 1

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154

almost everything in the game can be rnged though beside some of course being shiny locked :/ which is mostly wondercards but note that if you want thing shiny and a certian flawless spread in 4th gen you have to rng abuse your id ...

Hozu
24th January 2013, 4:36 AM
Be aware that you an only have Arceus in the party, and that you cannot make phone calls within the stage building. So save outside of it.

Kalosian
24th January 2013, 10:41 PM
Be aware that you an only have Arceus in the party, and that you cannot make phone calls within the stage building. So save outside of it.
From what I remember when doing the Sinjoh events, it was possible to do phone calls inside of the ruins, but the radio couldn't be used inside of them.
So if anyone plans to use the radio to get to their desired frame for the event legend, save outside of the ruins.

Icarus©
24th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Question: is finding shiny almost flawless seeds (with not that much pidrng advances) easier in wondercards and stationaries?
I've had a hard time finding seeds like that in wild pokemon

QuoteMissy
25th January 2013, 1:13 AM
Question: is finding shiny almost flawless seeds (with not that much pidrng advances) easier in wondercards and stationaries?
I've had a hard time finding seeds like that in wild pokemon

It's easier in stationaries since you don't have to consider encounter slots, however, most wondercards are shiny-locked (cannot be shiny) except for a few GLAN wondercards that were the bullet train japanese-only events that ended months ago.

FairyWitch
25th January 2013, 8:48 AM

what you talking about hozu? i used my elm calls to get it? i know for sure that you can use the phone for it...im positive...i think you may be acidently messing that up with rnging legendary roamers...yo can not use the elm/irwin calls in lance's layer though...that is where you may of thought about its alright though ;) also i highly suggest not using the radio unless its really high frames cuaz of what i heard though using the radio sucks and is very unsteady to rng with and hard to keep track of the frame advance i tried it and i hated it...i use chatot flips instead for the legendary roamers...

Agonist
25th January 2013, 10:20 PM
It's easier in stationaries since you don't have to consider encounter slots, however, most wondercards are shiny-locked (cannot be shiny) except for a few GLAN wondercards that were the bullet train japanese-only events that ended months ago.

They're not GLAN wondercards.

QuoteMissy
25th January 2013, 10:49 PM
They're not GLAN wondercards.

That's strange, I could've sworn I saw some shiny-able wondercards on Pokecheck labeled as GLAN wondercards.

PokemonTrader
26th January 2013, 2:22 AM
Is the no randomly moving NPCs list accurate for B2/W2?

Agonist
26th January 2013, 4:09 AM
Is the no randomly moving NPCs list accurate for B2/W2?

I've got a partial list.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=31272

PokemonTrader
26th January 2013, 4:27 AM
Much appreciated, now I can actually go calibrate.

Ai7iS
26th January 2013, 4:28 AM
How do you check your frame in HGSS prior to defeating the Pokemon League. I ask this because I am trying to RNG a Ho-oh in HG, and it is required that you catch him before going to the E4.

Agonist
26th January 2013, 4:39 AM
You can just knock it out, and come back to it later on (all legendaries will "regenerate", so to speak, after battling the Elite 4).

Ai7iS
26th January 2013, 4:43 AM
You can just knock it out, and come back to it later on (all legendaries will "regenerate", so to speak, after battling the Elite 4).
Thanks. Rebattling the E4 will work multiple times (to respawn the legendaries), correct?

Edit: Also, I'm assuming the IV's are regenerated after visiting the E4.

Agonist
26th January 2013, 4:44 AM
Yeah, assuming you haven't captured them (note this only works from Platinum on). It also works for various stationary Pokémon in HGSS like Snorlax, and Gyarados.

dewey911p
26th January 2013, 5:35 AM
How do you check your frame in HGSS prior to defeating the Pokemon League. I ask this because I am trying to RNG a Ho-oh in HG, and it is required that you catch him before going to the E4.

Go register Juggler Irwin's phone number (he is on the route right after Goldenrod) and he works the same as Elm but without having to achieve certain objectives first. Basically, as soon as you hit Goldenrod you can start RNGing.

ANGRYDONUT123
27th January 2013, 2:35 PM
In order for me to RNG an event keldeo, i would have to use the option of glan wondercard instead of standard seed iv ? thanks in advance :)

Hozu
27th January 2013, 5:57 PM
No, just regular 5th gen wondercard.

Agonist
27th January 2013, 6:46 PM
GLAN wondercards are only for Pokemon with a set gender, but any possible nature, hence the name.

ANGRYDONUT123
28th January 2013, 1:19 AM
I see thanks for the information :) Im still sort of confused with wondercard RNG iv gotten these results 7881. Somehow i think im doing something completely wrong, do i still go ahead and advance the frames by 2? (148-146) Thanks for the help guys, still new to this rng thing :D

dewey911p
28th January 2013, 3:53 AM
I see thanks for the information :) Im still sort of confused with wondercard RNG iv gotten these results 7881. Somehow i think im doing something completely wrong, do i still go ahead and advance the frames by 2? (148-146) Thanks for the help guys, still new to this rng thing :D

You would need to do 91 advancements (146-54 -1). Your starting frame is the 54 the main window tells you, and that is the frame the RNG will return first if you do no advancements. Since you want frame 146, you need to advance the RNG to frame 145 (generating the pokemon also advances the PIDRNG by 1). So, just do 91 chatters, and if you are a few frames off, adjust and try again. Also, never forget the obnoxious Timer0 fluctuation in B/W2, so don't be to discouraged if you do not get the right pokemon right away.

ANGRYDONUT123
28th January 2013, 5:06 AM
Thanks for all the great help :D

Pidj
29th January 2013, 12:12 PM
After a long break and plenty of Timer0 issues back in October/November I tried RNG'ing the event Genesect agan on Saturday and was successful with only small Timer0 issues! So I immediately took on the event Keldeo but the stupid Timer0 issues reared their ugly heads again until a new seed and today.

ANGFRYDONUT123: I have found from doing these RNGs that the target frame number you get in the Time Finder is the one you use and you use the initial frame that you get from the Main Screen. So my Keldeo had a target frame in the Time Finder of 70, but when I pasted the seed in to the main screen it said my target frame was 68. My initial frame was 54. So bearing in mind what I've just said I had to do (70-54) 16 advances.

When looking at adjacent frames I also had to change my number of advances from 14 to 16 to see what I was hitting.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA

Nikator
29th January 2013, 5:06 PM
Hello again all! (If anyone at all remembers me, its certainly been a while.) Sorry to leave so abruptly last time some major stuff came up and then I just never returned to Pokemon after that. But I've just picked up White 2 and thought I'd come see what I had missed. So whats new in terms of RNGing for BW2, I couldn't see anything on the front post. Also is there anything I need to bear in mind before I RNG the Keldeo- I haven't done an event before. Figure I need a bit of practice on BW1 first to get back into things so hopefully post some results later!

QuoteMissy
29th January 2013, 5:10 PM
Hello again all! (If anyone at all remembers me, its certainly been a while.) Sorry to leave so abruptly last time some major stuff came up and then I just never returned to Pokemon after that. But I've just picked up White 2 and thought I'd come see what I had missed. So whats new in terms of RNGing for BW2, I couldn't see anything on the front post. Also is there anything I need to bear in mind before I RNG the Keldeo- I haven't done an event before. Figure I need a bit of practice on BW1 first to get back into things so hopefully post some results later!

Egg RNG is impossible in B2W2 (bungled codding) and a ton of Timer0's.
Castelia doesn't have any WNPCs if I recall correctly.

Zenotwapal
2nd February 2013, 4:01 PM
OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?
And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?

Kalosian
2nd February 2013, 6:23 PM
OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?
And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?
I read somewhere that there are 9 NPCs in Nacrene City, though I'm not sure about if it is true. From what I remember when I did Uxie, the offset was really high, probably up to 40 frames or even more.
As for the Latis, they are not much of a problem. There is only one NPC in the Dreamyard, so it is easy. My offset for Latios was only about 10 or so.

Agonist
2nd February 2013, 7:28 PM
Seven for Uxie, one for Lati@s (and you can battle him to make stand still).

Ausgirl
10th February 2013, 2:23 AM
I just wanted to check a few things...

-If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that. I'm still trying to RNG Cobalion btw on black.
-Also with the 128 steps thing, turning is counted as 2 steps right?
-Another thing, say your in a cave and a dust cloud appears does this advance the frame in anyway?

Agonist
10th February 2013, 2:59 AM

-If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that.
-Another thing, say your in a cave and a dust cloud appears does this advance the frame in anyway?

IV frame 683?

the one 128 steps is how many you need to advance the IV frame. Each step advances two PIDRNG frames, as does turning. And no, Dust Spots don't have any effect on the PIDRNG or IVRNG.

Ausgirl
10th February 2013, 3:18 AM
IV frame 683?

the one 128 steps is how many you need to advance the IV frame. Each step advances two PIDRNG frames, as does turning. And no, Dust Spots don't have any effect on the PIDRNG or IVRNG.

Frame 683 is the one in Time Finder window.

Zenotwapal
10th February 2013, 3:51 AM

-If you have a pokemon on frame 683 then that is on frame 6 right? So I would need 5 pokemon in my party and walk 128 steps to get the IVs I wanted? I just wondered if the frames get rounded up or something strange like that. I'm still trying to RNG Cobalion btw on black.

Only go for things on the first IV frame. Its soooo much easier on you from an advancing standpoint, especially when you're in a cave. Just set your Min/Max Frame in the Timefinder to 1 for IVs

So research a different seed and attempt to hit that one.

Tarro57
10th February 2013, 3:54 AM
Holy crap I haven't been on here in forever!
@Fearless123 Start off with IVRNG then move on up to PIDRNG later once you get the hang of IV.

Ausgirl
10th February 2013, 4:13 AM
Holy crap I haven't been on here in forever!
@Fearless123 Start off with IVRNG then move on up to PIDRNG later once you get the hang of IV.

That's what I've been trying to do. While the seed says it's shiny I've only been attempting to get the IVs so far. I think I misunderstood the 128 steps thing though. I read somewhere that turning is the same as taking two steps when it comes to IVs, can someone verify this for me? I've been using repels to count the first 100 and then counting the next few ones myself.

Zenotwapal
10th February 2013, 4:17 AM
That's what I've been trying to do. While the seed says it's shiny I've only been attempting to get the IVs so far. I think I misunderstood the 128 steps thing though. I read somewhere that turning is the same as taking two steps when it comes to IVs, can someone verify this for me? I've been using repels to count the first 100 and then counting the next few ones myself.
When you turn in an area with wild pokemon, yes, it does advance the PIDRNG. This is why I'm telling you to go with an IV frame of 1, so you don't have to advance the IV frame, and you can just chatter the PID advancements.

Pidj
10th February 2013, 12:38 PM
Hey, I've got a couple of questions about Hidden Grotto abuse:

I'm looking to generate a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. So I've checked all other preceding Hidden Grotto's in the order shown by the RNG Reporter Encounter table. They're all full. So I think I've done that bit correctly. I've then taken the item from the Giant Chasm grotto and saved my game. I've then gone to the Hidden Grotto time finder, Ditto is slot 0, all 4 subslots (So 0-3) and is genderless. I've generated and selected a seed. Do I then just start the game to hit my seed as I would any other RNG and then walk 256 steps in the grotto, exit the grotto and then re-enter? I've understood the Ditto should appear.

Does it matter if I walk more than 256 steps?

If I walk 256+ steps and the Ditto is not there does that mean that I just missed my seed (Timer0 troll)?

And then if/when I get the Ditto to appear to I jsut find a new seed with the Encounter Type set to Hidden Grotto?

dewey911p
10th February 2013, 9:32 PM

Walking 128 steps will advance the IV frame by the number of pokemon you have in your party, so if you are aiming for frame 683, you will need to walk 43648 steps with 2 pokemon in your party ... Don't try this. If you are okay with advancing your IV frame, set it to 6-7 max. do not that if you are in a cave this will also advance your PID frame too. When I RNGed Cobalion and Terrakion my PID frame was ~330 after advancing my IV frame. I would search again until you find a lower IV frame.

On another note, you may want to upload screenshots of your Timer Finder search as if you are new to RNGing you may have just confused the PID and IV frames. If so, 683 is a reasonable PID frame and you may not need to advance your IVRNG at all. Upload a few screenshots if you want and we can look it over and see if everything is set up right.

Hey, I've got a couple of questions about Hidden Grotto abuse:

I'm looking to generate a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. So I've checked all other preceding Hidden Grotto's in the order shown by the RNG Reporter Encounter table. They're all full. So I think I've done that bit correctly. I've then taken the item from the Giant Chasm grotto and saved my game. I've then gone to the Hidden Grotto time finder, Ditto is slot 0, all 4 subslots (So 0-3) and is genderless. I've generated and selected a seed. Do I then just start the game to hit my seed as I would any other RNG and then walk 256 steps in the grotto, exit the grotto and then re-enter? I've understood the Ditto should appear.

Does it matter if I walk more than 256 steps?

If I walk 256+ steps and the Ditto is not there does that mean that I just missed my seed (Timer0 troll)?

And then if/when I get the Ditto to appear to I jsut find a new seed with the Encounter Type set to Hidden Grotto?

Everything you said is correct. Just hit your seed, don't do any PID advances, walk the 256 steps, leave, reenter. Walking a few extra steps won't make a difference and when the Ditto does generate, just save in front of it, set Time Finder to Hidden Grotto and RNG it like any other stationary pokemon. (don't forget the shiny lock, gender is already set, etc, etc. Stuff you probably already know :p)

Pidj
10th February 2013, 9:54 PM
^Thanks. Seems straight forward enough. Just Timer0 troubles then.

Ausgirl
11th February 2013, 6:44 AM
Walking 128 steps will advance the IV frame by the number of pokemon you have in your party, so if you are aiming for frame 683, you will need to walk 43648 steps with 2 pokemon in your party ... Don't try this. If you are okay with advancing your IV frame, set it to 6-7 max. do not that if you are in a cave this will also advance your PID frame too. When I RNGed Cobalion and Terrakion my PID frame was ~330 after advancing my IV frame. I would search again until you find a lower IV frame.

On another note, you may want to upload screenshots of your Timer Finder search as if you are new to RNGing you may have just confused the PID and IV frames. If so, 683 is a reasonable PID frame and you may not need to advance your IVRNG at all. Upload a few screenshots if you want and we can look it over and see if everything is set up right.

Everything you said is correct. Just hit your seed, don't do any PID advances, walk the 256 steps, leave, reenter. Walking a few extra steps won't make a difference and when the Ditto does generate, just save in front of it, set Time Finder to Hidden Grotto and RNG it like any other stationary pokemon. (don't forget the shiny lock, gender is already set, etc, etc. Stuff you probably already know :p)

You could be right, I'll have another look later and maybe post a few screen shots.

Also I know that walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party will advance my game to frame 6. But if steps and turning is doubled in caves then does this mean that I need to change how many pokemon I have in my party to compensate for this?

QuoteMissy
11th February 2013, 8:00 AM
You could be right, I'll have another look later and maybe post a few screen shots.

Also I know that walking 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party will advance my game to frame 6. But if steps and turning is doubled in caves then does this mean that I need to change how many pokemon I have in my party to compensate for this?

The number of pokemon in your party doesn't affect your PID frame advancements.

Ausgirl
11th February 2013, 11:05 AM
I've uploaded some pics since I'm bad at explaining things...

Btw in case anyone's forgotten I'm trying to RNG a naive Cobalion in black with 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs. But I keep getting a Cobalion with the characteristic "proud of it's power" with the IV-range listed in the last image. I've callibrated and re-callibrated many times now and each time I get the same Timer0 that is C7C and an offset of 1.

I'm wondering if I should try the C-gear method instead since I hear that it prevents the Timer0 from flunctuating, which people keep telling me is the problem. Any thought's on this would be welcome.

Time finder:
http://i.imgur.com/54SIXdd.png

Main window:
http://i.imgur.com/Jo4Axhn.png

IV-range:
http://i.imgur.com/TDMf8Xf.png

Zenotwapal
11th February 2013, 4:29 PM
I've uploaded some pics since I'm bad at explaining things...

Btw in case anyone's forgotten I'm trying to RNG a naive Cobalion in black with 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs. But I keep getting a Cobalion with the characteristic "proud of it's power" with the IV-range listed in the last image. I've callibrated and re-callibrated many times now and each time I get the same Timer0 that is C7C and an offset of 1.

I'm wondering if I should try the C-gear method instead since I hear that it prevents the Timer0 from flunctuating, which people keep telling me is the problem. Any thought's on this would be welcome.

Time finder:
http://i.imgur.com/54SIXdd.png

Main window:
http://i.imgur.com/Jo4Axhn.png

IV-range:
http://i.imgur.com/TDMf8Xf.png

Oh lord lol

You have your IV Frame set to 1 to 1000. There is no way in hell you are going to advance your IVRNG frame all the way to 683. That's insane.
Set the Min/Max frame to "1/1" and search again. Find a spread that way, and just advance the PIDRNG frame.

for your Timer0 fluctuation, make sure you have your time and date set correctly, and make sure you start your game one second from the actual seconds value (for you it would be 57 with that seed, though I highly recommend you take my advice and find a lower IVRNG frame to hit.

Agonist
11th February 2013, 6:23 PM
You're probably not even getting timer0 fluctuation, it's just that those are the IVs for IV frame 1. Like Zenotwapal said, find a frame 1 seed, using keypresses if you need to. There's no reasons to go above IV frame 1.

Zenotwapal
12th February 2013, 1:27 AM
So uh, I'm having a bit of an issue here.
I am RNGing my TID/SID combo on HG/SS/Plat. I hit my desired TID/SID on HG/SS with ease, and confirmed that my TID/SID receives my desired spreads shiny.
I move onto Platinum. I found a TID/SID pair I was content on receiving:

Seed: 5F0D1948
TID: 08980
SID: 40946
Delay: 6463
Time: 2/14/2009 @ 13:17:50

Spreads I get:
Bold 31/10/30/29/29/30
Adamant 31/30/30/11/29/31
Impish 31/31/30/2/29/31
Timid 31/5/30/31/31/31

I plug my desired delay and target seconds into the EonTimer, and began RNGing. I eventually hit it after ~15 tries. I get my result (listed above) and go to confirm that this TID/SID pair gets the spreads I want.
I search for one of my spreads, and they aren't shiny. What is going on exactly?

Ausgirl
12th February 2013, 2:09 AM
Oh lord lol

You have your IV Frame set to 1 to 1000. There is no way in hell you are going to advance your IVRNG frame all the way to 683. That's insane.
Set the Min/Max frame to "1/1" and search again. Find a spread that way, and just advance the PIDRNG frame.

for your Timer0 fluctuation, make sure you have your time and date set correctly, and make sure you start your game one second from the actual seconds value (for you it would be 57 with that seed, though I highly recommend you take my advice and find a lower IVRNG frame to hit.

Alright, but it just seems that when I lower the min max results, I get nothing. And I know I've been hitting the right time because I've been using the Eontimer.

You're probably not even getting timer0 fluctuation, it's just that those are the IVs for IV frame 1. Like Zenotwapal said, find a frame 1 seed, using keypresses if you need to. There's no reasons to go above IV frame 1.

Alright, guess I'll keep looking... and what good do key presses do?

QuoteMissy
12th February 2013, 2:11 AM
Alright, guess I'll keep looking... and what good do key presses do?

More search results, but you'll get more Timer0 fluctuation when you use them.

dewey911p
12th February 2013, 2:12 AM
So uh, I'm having a bit of an issue here.
I am RNGing my TID/SID combo on HG/SS/Plat. I hit my desired TID/SID on HG/SS with ease, and confirmed that my TID/SID receives my desired spreads shiny.
I move onto Platinum. I found a TID/SID pair I was content on receiving:

Seed: 5F0D1948
TID: 08980
SID: 40946
Delay: 6463
Time: 2/14/2009 @ 13:17:50

Spreads I get:
Bold 31/10/30/29/29/30
Adamant 31/30/30/11/29/31
Impish 31/31/30/2/29/31
Timid 31/5/30/31/31/31

I plug my desired delay and target seconds into the EonTimer, and began RNGing. I eventually hit it after ~15 tries. I get my result (listed above) and go to confirm that this TID/SID pair gets the spreads I want.
I search for one of my spreads, and they aren't shiny. What is going on exactly?

Your ID combo doesn't make any of those spreads shiny it seems. It looks like you may have gotten one of the numbers wrong or put the wrong PID into Pandora's Box. Your current ID gives you, among others:

Timid/Bold 30/25/31/28/30/28 HP Flying (53)
Modest/Calm 31/13/30/28/31/28 HP Fire (53)
Bold 31/31/31/27/31/28 HP Ice (64)
Lonely 31/19/30/30/30/29 HP Poison (64)
Quite/Sassy 30/12/31/29/30/30 HP Rock (58)

That is about it. There is another Lonely one that has HP Fire 70, but the S.Atk is 18, and a Hasty spread that has both attacking stats below 22 and an HP of Bug.

I would rerun Pandora's Box to double check and make sure everything is set up right. also, before you RNG you ID combo, run RNGR to verify that your ID combo does indeed make the right spreads shiny.

Zenotwapal
12th February 2013, 2:14 AM
Your ID combo doesn't make any of those spreads shiny it seems. It looks like you may have gotten one of the numbers wrong or put the wrong PID into Pandora's Box. Your current ID gives you, among others:

Timid/Bold 30/25/31/28/30/28 HP Flying (53)
Modest/Calm 31/1330/28/31/28 HP Fire (53)
Bold 31/31/31/27/31/28 HP Ice (64)
Lonely 31/19/30/30/30/29 HP Poison (64)
Quite/Sassy 30/12/31/29/30/30 HP Rock (58)

That is about it. There is another Lonely one that has HP Fire 70, but the S.Atk is 18, and a Hasty spread that has both attacking stats below 22 and an HP of Bug.

I would rerun Pandora's Box to double check and make sure everything is set up right. also, before you RNG you ID combo, run RNGR to verify that your ID combo does indeed make the right spreads shiny.

Thanks Dewey. You;re right I must've typed something in wrong. I am reabusing as we speak. Gosh I feel so dumb making a elementary error :P

EDIT: Yeah you were totally correct Dewey, I must've typed something in wrong. Found another ID that I liked with those same spreads and it matches up in the time finder. I literally just hit it too haha. That was quick :P

Ausgirl
12th February 2013, 2:48 AM
More search results, but you'll get more Timer0 fluctuation when you use them.

Well I don't think I'm having Timer0 issues so I might give that a try sometime. I just changed my min/ max frame to 1 and I attempted to find a cool shiny spread, searching every month and year between 2014-2035... and got nothing. If I was to add key presses does this mean that I'll have to re-callibrate again? Also can someone tell me if this is a good seed to use?

Time finder:
http://i.imgur.com/DwtkSfZ.png

Main window:
http://i.imgur.com/4mmwiXX.png

Zenotwapal
12th February 2013, 3:00 AM
Well I don't think I'm having Timer0 issues so I might give that a try sometime. I just changed my min/ max frame to 1 and I attempted to find a cool shiny spread, searching every month and year between 2014-2035... and got nothing. If I was to add key presses does this mean that I'll have to re-callibrate again? Also can someone tell me if this is a good seed to use?

Time finder:
http://i.imgur.com/DwtkSfZ.png

Main window:
http://i.imgur.com/4mmwiXX.png

Yes add keypresses. No you would not have to recalibrate. Keypresses just give you a wider range of seeds to hit.
Also, check off what nature you want your poke to be. This will give you frames that are shiny AND your desired nature. Make sure in your profile you have all the keypresses checked off too.

When you find the seed you want to hit, plug in the seeds value into the main window, and click calculate PIDRNG frame. Then find your desired frame (the one with your shiny ANd desired nature) and calculate how many chatters you have to do, then boot your game on the time for this seed you are trying to hit, then hold your keypresses through until the gamefreak animation appears.
Boot your save, mash X to open up your menu ASAP, then view your chatot summaries w/custom chatter to advance the PIDRNG frames, then bam, you should have your Shiny (I assume Naive HP Ice 70) Cobalion.

Ausgirl
12th February 2013, 3:17 AM
Yes add keypresses. No you would not have to recalibrate. Keypresses just give you a wider range of seeds to hit.
Also, check off what nature you want your poke to be. This will give you frames that are shiny AND your desired nature. Make sure in your profile you have all the keypresses checked off too.

When you find the seed you want to hit, plug in the seeds value into the main window, and click calculate PIDRNG frame. Then find your desired frame (the one with your shiny ANd desired nature) and calculate how many chatters you have to do, then boot your game on the time for this seed you are trying to hit, then hold your keypresses through until the gamefreak animation appears.
Boot your save, mash X to open up your menu ASAP, then view your chatot summaries w/custom chatter to advance the PIDRNG frames, then bam, you should have your Shiny (I assume Naive HP Ice 70) Cobalion.

I finally hit my seed now I just need to know how to add keypresses. I assume that I just have to go into the profile and manually edit it? Anyway here's what I got -and it was the first time trying for this particular seed:

http://i.imgur.com/kbYesxX.png

I didn't do any chatot pitches which is why the nature is off... but I got the IVs I wanted which is the main thing. Gonna try again to see if I can get the nature right without synchronize.

Silvershark
12th February 2013, 7:23 AM
With 94 pokemon in my white version's entralink, I decided to try my hand at entralink RNG'ing. I'm stuck at the calibration stage. I hit my time just fine, but the delay was ~200 off. I enter my delay hit into the Eontimer to update it, and tried again. I hit pretty close to the delay (only 1-3 away), but I'm consistently 4 seconds below my time, about what the timer took off in the update. When I update it again, I can't get any IV's that match my adjacent times. I noticed in the entralink guide linked in the OP, it shows entering the delay hit updates the calibration slot, leaving the the HL calibration unchanged. When I enter my delay hit, it updates the EL calibration slot and leaves the calibration unchanged. Is that just because the version of eontimer I'm using is newer than the one in the guide or am I just entering in information wrong? And is HL and EL calibration the same? I'm guessing so, but I want to make sure.

Agonist
12th February 2013, 9:26 AM
They're the same, HL is just what the EL was called before the English games came out.

Ausgirl
12th February 2013, 11:40 AM
So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.

Pidj
12th February 2013, 5:33 PM
So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.

Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.

I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?

EDIT - Nevermind, I hit the seed.

Another question though - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really

cannibaleyes
12th February 2013, 6:41 PM
Are you talking about IV frames or PID frames? They are separate for captures in 5th gen. You should never have an IV frame of >6 or so... Ideally, there is no reason to search beyond an IV frame of 1.

IV frames are advanced by walking like you said. PID uses chatoya. Hope this helps.

Edit: sorry didn't realize this was in reply to a previous page, but hopefully it was still helpful? XD

Agonist
12th February 2013, 6:47 PM
Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.

I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?

All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.

Silvershark
12th February 2013, 6:51 PM
They're the same, HL is just what the EL was called before the English games came out.

Ok, that's what I figured. So does that mean the it is the regular calibration value that's supposed to be updating when I enter my delay hit?

Agonist
12th February 2013, 6:54 PM
Yep .

Pidj
12th February 2013, 7:00 PM
All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.

That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.

Agonist
13th February 2013, 2:21 AM
That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.

They should be fine, but I don't really know (since I've only used RNGR a couple times). You should try asking over on Smogon's Gen 5 RNG thread.

Jei
14th February 2013, 10:54 PM
Hi, I've tried to download the rng reporter 9.96.5 on windows 7 multiple times but I just get an error message when I try to open it (CLR 80004005). Anybody know a fix?

Edit: Nevermind, resolved. Just uninstall and reinstall microsoft.net framework for anyone having the same problem.

riddame
15th February 2013, 2:35 AM
hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/

dewey911p
15th February 2013, 3:10 AM
hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/

In hexadecimal the values range from 0-F, so 1677 would be lower than 167B,

riddame
15th February 2013, 9:55 AM
In hexadecimal the values range from 0-F, so 1677 would be lower than 167B,

Thanks so much for the answer :)

MoonRaker
16th February 2013, 2:54 AM
I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!

QuoteMissy
16th February 2013, 3:12 AM
I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!

You need to know your SID to get shiny Pokemon, hitting the one before or the one after is common due to the WNPCs that advance the frames there.

MoonRaker
16th February 2013, 3:27 AM
So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?

QuoteMissy
16th February 2013, 3:53 AM
So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?

Those shiny seeds will not be shiny (unless you have a similar SID) so to find your SID upload a pokemon from that cart you're RNGing on to Pokecheck to get your SID.

SakuraLatias
16th February 2013, 7:11 AM
Off-topic, sorry! Okay. Several months ago, I've figured out how to get a shiny starter in Platinum, but not in Diamond/Pearl. The only WNPC will advance the frame is your rival at Route 201. He turns, but he doesn't turn and/or move. I might just make a tutorial on shiny starter RNG Abuse on Platinum. I haven't touched HG/SS Starter Abuse in about a year. Should I continue HG/SS Starter and/or should I start Platinum Starter Abuse? I'll figure out D/P later.

Ausgirl
16th February 2013, 8:06 AM
You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?

Zenotwapal
16th February 2013, 5:23 PM
You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?
Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.

riddame
17th February 2013, 2:18 AM
okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black

QuoteMissy
17th February 2013, 2:25 AM
okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black

Set the min/max frames to 1/1 when searching for flawless wild seeds it will take awhile to find, in fact when I searched through 2000-2099 I only ended up finding around four or five spreads. If you don't want to bother searching through numerous years, set your max frame to 6 and start searching (but usually if you're persistant with searching you shouldn't have to do that).

riddame
17th February 2013, 2:34 AM
ok, i'll keep on searching, thanks for the reply :)

Ausgirl
17th February 2013, 4:03 AM
Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.

Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?

Zenotwapal
17th February 2013, 4:31 AM
Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?

In 4th Gen games it allows you to get certain spread groups shiny
There's a huge Excel sheet full of spread groups that if you RNG'ed their PIDs to become shiny (via TID/SID manipulation) you can get them shiny at low frames.
Without TID/SID manipulation you get lack luster shiny spreads in the 4th gen games. You'd have to go for ridiculously high frames to find reasonable shiny spreads. So its easier to just abuse for your TID/SID combo on 4th Gen games.

Its also useable on dead battery Ruby & Sapphire. You can get Groudon and Kyogre low leveled and shiny. But this is only recommended if you intend on using them on the now defunct (not relaly defunct but pointless) 2010 VGC metagame. Still could be a fun thing to do if your bored with RNGing lol

RNG_Reporter
21st February 2013, 11:06 PM
All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.

QuoteMissy
21st February 2013, 11:20 PM
All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.

What are you talking about? You can find more results for non-shiny variants than shiny variants, you would see that in the Timefinder if you have done some RNGs. Besides you could've posted your offers in the RNG trading thread specific or not.

RNG_Reporter
21st February 2013, 11:37 PM
I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?

Zenotwapal
22nd February 2013, 12:41 AM
I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?

You can RNG Non-shiny variants in B/W/W2/B2 or in any game
Its just easier to do shiny because its easier to confirm your seed

For real though, you can RNG non shiny flawless pokemon. There's no reason to "quit RNGing".

KuzKan
22nd February 2013, 11:01 PM
Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?

dewey911p
23rd February 2013, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?

You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.

KuzKan
23rd February 2013, 12:10 AM
You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.

yeah i know that is possible to find them if i look even harder but the problem is my computer, it cant handle larger searches than the ones im doing, thats why i RNGed my TID and SID so i dont have to crash everything while looking for good spreads.
Thank you alot for your reply, i guess i missread or something when i was searching about it x)

just one more thing... everytime i want a shiny with that spread i simply use the date of that specific seed and advance the PID to the number i RNGed and its all done right?
I chose a PID with slot 3 on frame 100 just for dittos really so i really want this to work xD

Once again, thank you dewey911p

Agonist
23rd February 2013, 1:46 AM
... IV frame 100, or PID frame 100?

KuzKan
23rd February 2013, 1:49 AM
PID frame 100

EDIT: since im using method 5 PIDRNG im guessing thats it...

Agonist
23rd February 2013, 2:31 AM
PID frame 100

EDIT: since im using method 5 PIDRNG im guessing thats it...

yeah, that's right.

KuzKan
23rd February 2013, 3:03 AM
yeah, that's right.

Then i just need to hit that PID frame while loading the game at that specific time i use to RNG my ID's and i'll get the right spread and shyniness if the pokemon i want belongs to that slot?

Icarus©
23rd February 2013, 11:02 PM
Ugh... Those chatot pitches are so troll. The things that sound like lows are actually mediums, etc.
And the time finder is slowly killing me computer...:P

JammyBurger
24th February 2013, 10:55 AM
Ugh... Those chatot pitches are so troll. The things that sound like lows are actually mediums, etc.
And the time finder is slowly killing me computer...:P

They're not that bad, pay attention to the numbers more as they give it away easier. The higher the number, the higher the pitch.

Kanethedragon
24th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?

Nikator
24th February 2013, 2:18 PM
Hi all, i'm clearly a bit rusty after all this time and am having a bit of trouble with a breed. Can anyone spot what i'm doing wrong, I can't seem to pin my SSF at all. Here's the parents i'm using and screenshots of RNG Reporter:

Father: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3490758
Mother: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3258823

I'm aiming for a 30/30/31/30/30/30 shiny Eevee with Dream world ability. Everstone is on the father (Jolteon):

http://i.imgur.com/vzVCThc.png

KuzKan
24th February 2013, 4:50 PM
The everstone gotta be holded by the mother, not the father,
A while ago i equipped it to the father by mistake and it drove me crazy cuz i thought i couldnt hit my seed or was misscounting the pitches and as soon as i changed the holder i got the right egg right away

Nikator
24th February 2013, 4:53 PM
Thanks, I've been driving myself crazy but didn't want to read every tutorial and start RNG'ing from scratch again!

Hozu
24th February 2013, 5:10 PM
The everstone gotta be holded by the mother, not the father,
A while ago i equipped it to the father by mistake and it drove me crazy cuz i thought i couldnt hit my seed or was misscounting the pitches and as soon as i changed the holder i got the right egg right away

False. Everstone can be held by either parent from HG/SS onwards.

Nikator
24th February 2013, 5:45 PM
Yeah i'm still having no luck. Is it definitely International breeding? Though the Jolteon is italian owned its name is the same.

KuzKan
24th February 2013, 6:13 PM
False. Everstone can be held by either parent from HG/SS onwards.

Yeah but he wants to pass down the DW ability, iirc it needs to be held by the mother
Either way i just thought it could be the case since that happened to me and when i did that it worked...

Nikator
24th February 2013, 9:56 PM
Never mind, got it! Assume I was just being an idiot. Maybe i'd better go back and check my Timer0 isn't fluctuating..

Agonist
25th February 2013, 4:19 AM
Yeah but he wants to pass down the DW ability, iirc it needs to be held by the mother
Either way i just thought it could be the case since that happened to me and when i did that it worked...

It doesn't matter at all.

Kanethedragon
25th February 2013, 11:50 PM
I am reposting this due to the fairly many people simply ignoring a damsel in distress lol XD jk, but yeah, please don't ignore me. I'm so lonely XD jk. "Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?"

Agonist
26th February 2013, 1:19 AM
Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?

I am reposting this due to the fairly many people simply ignoring a damsel in distress lol XD jk, but yeah, please don't ignore me. I'm so lonely XD jk. "Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?"

If it's compatible with W7, why wouldn't it be compatible with W8?

Kanethedragon
26th February 2013, 2:20 AM
If it's compatible with W7, why wouldn't it be compatible with W8?

Yeah I know, it does sound kinda dumb, just asking because I want to be sure.

Hozu
26th February 2013, 7:29 PM

I use it on Windows 8.

Kanethedragon
27th February 2013, 1:16 AM
I use it on Windows 8.

Okay thanks. That's all I really needed to know.

slyye23
28th February 2013, 4:50 AM
Hello, I'have been trying to do some rng with black 1 and black 2. For the first one, i got my timer0 in like 3 times and i tested it with random encounter and it worked.
But for BW2 i can't get one, i've been resetting the game more than 50 times, different zones with no npc but i get like more than 15 differents timer0, some with 1s delay, 3s delay and even 9s delay. i'm always starting the game the same second.
Isn't there a way to find the right one?
Also, why is that high level pokemon like level 55 Sawsbuck in dragonspiral tower never gives a seed ? I wanted to find high level pokemon to reduce the number of seeds but they never give one.
What's the best place to sweet scent to get a good seed?

thanks

MSK
1st March 2013, 6:54 PM
Aargh why is Entralink RNGing so damn frustrating. Trying to RNG one of the Arceus I picked up in the event ages ago. Found myself a lovely seed, have got my EONTimer set up perfectly, I can hit the correct second every time. But I keep missing my frame by one or two every time.
I actually did hit it once but the nature was useless, then the next time got a decent nature (Jolly) but missed it by one frame!!! :(
I heard Entralink RNG is easier on BW2? Just a pity I couldn't pick the Arceus up on there.

Zenotwapal
1st March 2013, 7:57 PM
Aargh why is Entralink RNGing so damn frustrating. Trying to RNG one of the Arceus I picked up in the event ages ago. Found myself a lovely seed, have got my EONTimer set up perfectly, I can hit the correct second every time. But I keep missing my frame by one or two every time.
I actually did hit it once but the nature was useless, then the next time got a decent nature (Jolly) but missed it by one frame!!! :(
I heard Entralink RNG is easier on BW2? Just a pity I couldn't pick the Arceus up on there.

I haven't done Entralink abuse myself (I plan on it when I have nothing better to RNG) I would aim for a seed that has your desired nature in clusters. For instance, aim for a seed that has Adamant (I assume) more than 4 frames in a row (When I was looking into entralink seeds I found some seeds that had clusters of as many as 10), and aim for a frame that corresponds to whether you go over or under your target frame more frequently.

MSK
1st March 2013, 9:03 PM
I haven't done Entralink abuse myself (I plan on it when I have nothing better to RNG) I would aim for a seed that has your desired nature in clusters. For instance, aim for a seed that has Adamant (I assume) more than 4 frames in a row (When I was looking into entralink seeds I found some seeds that had clusters of as many as 10), and aim for a frame that corresponds to whether you go over or under your target frame more frequently.

Unfortunately it doesn't actually work like that. You can only determine your IV's when doing Entralink RNGing. The natures are completely random, you can hit the exact same frame 12 times and get 12 different natures.

The Eleventh
1st March 2013, 9:14 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't actually work like that. You can only determine your IV's when doing Entralink RNGing. The natures are completely random, you can hit the exact same frame 12 times and get 12 different natures.
Natures have been RNGable for a long time now. It's considerably complex. I believe this is the guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=269766) I used. Prepare for frustration and many failed attempts. Once you've got the hang of it, though, it's only slightly more challenging than normal Gen V abuse.

MSK
1st March 2013, 9:34 PM
Natures have been RNGable for a long time now. It's considerably complex. I believe this is the guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=269766) I used. Prepare for frustration and many failed attempts. Once you've got the hang of it, though, it's only slightly more challenging than normal Gen V abuse.

Oh wow, apologies to Zenotwapal, I was not aware of this. Been so long since I actually attempted Entralink RNG I was just going by what I originally did, didn't know this had been found out. I shall have to read and learn.

Agonist
1st March 2013, 11:23 PM
Oh wow, apologies to Zenotwapal, I was not aware of this. Been so long since I actually attempted Entralink RNG I was just going by what I originally did, didn't know this had been found out. I shall have to read and learn.

Natures have always been possible.

MSK
1st March 2013, 11:52 PM
Well I've worked that out now, am managing to get the natures I want every time. But still can't hit the exact frame I want :( have been 1 or 2 frames out every time (so frustrating).
I'm aiming for 6686 and the last 3 times I've hit 6685, 6687 and 6690.
I suppose it's just going to be constant trial and error due to the human element of me pushing the button.

Don't believe it!!! Been getting the right nature every time, but missing the frame. Finally hit the frame after a whole evening of trying and guess what . . . wrong nature :( Timer trolled

darthmalice777
2nd March 2013, 4:38 AM
As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.

Zenotwapal
2nd March 2013, 5:03 AM
As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.
As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.

darthmalice777
2nd March 2013, 5:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.

I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them

Zenotwapal
2nd March 2013, 1:37 PM
I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them

Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.

dewey911p
2nd March 2013, 5:36 PM

Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.

Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).

Agonist
2nd March 2013, 7:07 PM
Dewey, you can make him move from his tile, and he no longer moves.

But yeah, Uxie can be annoying, but it's certainly doable.

darthmalice777
2nd March 2013, 10:00 PM
Awesome, thanks so much for the info guys. You're the best!

MSK
2nd March 2013, 10:21 PM
Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).

I agree Uxie is a pain but reasonably doable, I got mine shiny after about 5 attempts.
And definitely agree with it being a piece of cake compared to Roamer abuse, although I have just managed to RNG my Thundurus shiny with HP Ice after 4 days of trying :)

I'm working my way through all the legendaries getting them shiny, just playing through B2 now so I can get Registeel, Latios, Regigigas. Then I need to learn gen 3 and gen 4 abuse so I can go back and get all the legends from those games. Although if it's anything as bad as the time I'm having entralink rnging my Arceus then I may go mad!!
Still can't manage to hit my frame at the same time as getting the correct nature :(

dewey911p
2nd March 2013, 10:26 PM
Dewey, you can make him move from his tile, and he no longer moves.

But yeah, Uxie can be annoying, but it's certainly doable.

Oh, I spoke to the NPC from behind so he was on the same spot, maybe that is why he kept spinning then :/

MSK
3rd March 2013, 7:43 PM
Finally done it!!!!!! :) :) :)

Had a break today and just come back to it to have another go. 1st attempt 2 frames off wrong nature, 2nd attempt hit my frame and Jolly nature :)
So happy now I've got my 31/31/31/29/31/31 Jolly Dream World Arceus, gonna make him into a Normal Extremespeed killer.

Ausgirl
7th March 2013, 2:53 AM
I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...

dewey911p
7th March 2013, 9:20 AM
I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...

Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.

Ausgirl
7th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.

Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?

Hozu
7th March 2013, 5:29 PM
Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?

Wild Porygon for one. Actually D/P are the only games where it's possible period (White Forest doesn't count).

Ausgirl
8th March 2013, 7:22 AM
Wild Porygon for one. Actually D/P are the only games where it's possible period (White Forest doesn't count).

Just Porygon then? well that's boring. Looks like I'll be sticking to Plat and HG for 4th gen coverage.

Agonist
8th March 2013, 7:43 AM
Just Porygon then? well that's boring. Looks like I'll be sticking to Plat and HG for 4th gen coverage.

Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.

Ausgirl
9th March 2013, 1:51 AM
Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.

That alone would be worthwhile I guess, should have thought about that myself considering that I just RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame.

MSK
13th March 2013, 7:43 PM
Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?

FairyWitch
13th March 2013, 7:45 PM
um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?

Zenotwapal
13th March 2013, 9:25 PM
Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?
You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.

um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?
I'm not entirely sure honestly.

MSK
13th March 2013, 9:43 PM
You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.

Yeah I figured that for a new play through, but I've got the Enigma stone event Lati@s sitting on both games at the moment, so was going to see if there is a viable Shiny spread available to catch them before I restart. So can you use the battle video method to check SID's?

Also just been following the guide, going through the steps to see how it works (without TID/SID obviously) and decided to search for a HP Fire spread. It brings up a load but the natures are Impish, Mild or Gentle. The synchronise option is in the "Required Lead" box, but does this mean whatever Nature Sync'er I have it'll change to that nature?

FairyWitch
13th March 2013, 10:09 PM
yeah i wasn't sure either someone was telling me this so i was just confirming if it was true...i don't see anyway to update that since im not pprnging at all its the windows program...which is broken for the unova link anyway...i might try to rng something if its way off then that means i have too...

Agonist
13th March 2013, 10:09 PM

Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.

FairyWitch
13th March 2013, 10:18 PM
Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.

so that means that i just check that box and my searches will be more accurate then cuaz i want to rng my keldeo then go on to my event melotta after that and i unova linked so that will fix it then for my searches for my white 2? i just want to make sure i don't waste my time rnging finding out that my search was off a bit from the linking...

Myrrh
14th March 2013, 3:41 AM
Yesterday I worked on ID abusing my Pearl so that I could RNG things. I found a Seed Pair that I liked Timid/Modest HP Ice) and took that to Pandora's Box to get an ID Seed. I found one and successfully got the listed ID/SID combo. Here's where I got lost. Was I supposed to remember what Seed combo I chose for later use? If so, I can't seem to get that same combo I chose to appear on the 4th gen Time Finder.

TDawg
14th March 2013, 9:48 AM
Yesterday I worked on ID abusing my Pearl so that I could RNG things. I found a Seed Pair that I liked Timid/Modest HP Ice) and took that to Pandora's Box to get an ID Seed. I found one and successfully got the listed ID/SID combo. Here's where I got lost. Was I supposed to remember what Seed combo I chose for later use? If so, I can't seem to get that same combo I chose to appear on the 4th gen Time Finder.

You're using different seeds to RNG your ID/SID combo compared to the RNG of the Pokemon, so you only ever need that first seed when you're using it to RNG your ID/SID. What you do need to though is remember the PID you RNGed to be shiny.

Hozu
14th March 2013, 3:13 PM
so that means that i just check that box and my searches will be more accurate then cuaz i want to rng my keldeo then go on to my event melotta after that and i unova linked so that will fix it then for my searches for my white 2? i just want to make sure i don't waste my time rnging finding out that my search was off a bit from the linking...

Yes check the B/W2 box and the Memory link box on the main window. From my experience though, the initial frame is usually 1 less than reported.

Oh and remember that you can change the order of Wondercards in the Mystery Gift menu if you want to get Meloetta before Keldeo.

Myrrh
14th March 2013, 6:12 PM
You're using different seeds to RNG your ID/SID combo compared to the RNG of the Pokemon, so you only ever need that first seed when you're using it to RNG your ID/SID. What you do need to though is remember the PID you RNGed to be shiny.

So I need to find the same Seed Pair that I chose before? Damn, well if I can't find it it's no big loss. Thank you.

FairyWitch
14th March 2013, 10:23 PM
Yes check the B/W2 box and the Memory link box on the main window. From my experience though, the initial frame is usually 1 less than reported.

Oh and remember that you can change the order of Wondercards in the Mystery Gift menu if you want to get Meloetta before Keldeo.

yeah thanks to one of my guild members she told me that thank you though for helping out and damn i thought it was both the main window and the searching options...well ill need to research the seed then cauz i check the link box before i searched the seed on my pererimeter search box thing and then checked again on the memory box...so its only he main window box then right? double checking...

edit: also myrrh you need to make sure you id/sid make a pair like tdawg said...in 4th gen your id/sid need to be searched out with the seed you want to be shiny and flawless...so you need to pick a pair of the seed that has two natures in it with the same seed if that make since...the seeds have to match not fully but enough to be a pair, i can't remember been awhile but i know a few numbers have to be the same to make a pair...i would give you a guide that makes it extremely easy to fallow but the thing is that smogon is blocking it for members there only...once you have that seed though you need to search that seed in the box that show what you require to be shiny and the spread of your choice...it should give you listings of id/sid pairs that are good for that seed to be shiny a flawless...from there you need to start your id abuse there with the set up with the eon timer for the id abuse and then do it...i remember i think that its a bit off on the id abuse you need to - some seconds of i though on the timer if i was correct...i hope that is understandable XD Like i said its been awhile so anyone want to correct my stuff its fine...i haven't 4th gen rnged i awhile...

Myrrh
15th March 2013, 4:42 AM
yeah thanks to one of my guild members she told me that thank you though for helping out and damn i thought it was both the main window and the searching options...well ill need to research the seed then cauz i check the link box before i searched the seed on my pererimeter search box thing and then checked again on the memory box...so its only he main window box then right? double checking...

edit: also myrrh you need to make sure you id/sid make a pair like tdawg said...in 4th gen your id/sid need to be searched out with the seed you want to be shiny and flawless...so you need to pick a pair of the seed that has two natures in it with the same seed if that make since...the seeds have to match not fully but enough to be a pair, i can't remember been awhile but i know a few numbers have to be the same to make a pair...i would give you a guide that makes it extremely easy to fallow but the thing is that smogon is blocking it for members there only...once you have that seed though you need to search that seed in the box that show what you require to be shiny and the spread of your choice...it should give you listings of id/sid pairs that are good for that seed to be shiny a flawless...from there you need to start your id abuse there with the set up with the eon timer for the id abuse and then do it...i remember i think that its a bit off on the id abuse you need to - some seconds of i though on the timer if i was correct...i hope that is understandable XD Like i said its been awhile so anyone want to correct my stuff its fine...i haven't 4th gen rnged i awhile...

Yup, I did all of that. I chose a seed that was Timid/Modest flawless HP Ice (I am 99% sure they had the same PID, frame, hour, etc). My problem is that when I try to search for that seed again I don't get the pair. I don't seem to get any pairs at all anymore. Like I said, it's no big deal if I can't get the shiny seed I initially sought out as I still am able to get flawless seeds.

FairyWitch
15th March 2013, 6:08 AM
Yup, I did all of that. I chose a seed that was Timid/Modest flawless HP Ice (I am 99% sure they had the same PID, frame, hour, etc). My problem is that when I try to search for that seed again I don't get the pair. I don't seem to get any pairs at all anymore. Like I said, it's no big deal if I can't get the shiny seed I initially sought out as I still am able to get flawless seeds.

if your serching out the seed and nothing is showing up then your doing something wrong what version of your reporter you have? my old one had a bug on it so i had to upgrade...maybe screen shots will show us and see what your doing....

Myrrh
15th March 2013, 6:33 AM
if your serching out the seed and nothing is showing up then your doing something wrong what version of your reporter you have? my old one had a bug on it so i had to upgrade...maybe screen shots will show us and see what your doing....

9.96.5 is my version. It worked all right before. Now, I do get a bunch of seeds just that none of them are pairs. I followed the same directions that are explained in this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). Either that or I'm missing something and I should try again carefully some other time.

FairyWitch
15th March 2013, 6:51 AM
9.96.5 is my version. It worked all right before. Now, I do get a bunch of seeds just that none of them are pairs. I followed the same directions that are explained in this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154). Either that or I'm missing something and I should try again carefully some other time.

are you on smogon cuaz everytime i click that site i have to log in for to see that thread 0_0 anyway just pull up some screen shots im not sure what you could be doing wrong then...

edit: wait a minute i searched my seed and i figured out you might be putting in the seed in the pandora box...if you are that is what your doing wrong...i searched out my id i abused for my heartgold version...i found it fine...you need to put in the pid number not the seed number...

Myrrh
15th March 2013, 7:28 PM
are you on smogon cuaz everytime i click that site i have to log in for to see that thread 0_0 anyway just pull up some screen shots im not sure what you could be doing wrong then...

edit: wait a minute i searched my seed and i figured out you might be putting in the seed in the pandora box...if you are that is what your doing wrong...i searched out my id i abused for my heartgold version...i found it fine...you need to put in the pid number not the seed number...

Dammit to hell, I did indeed put the seed where I was supposed to put the PID in Pandora's Box >.> And I misread the guide, I thought the seed/PID of a pair had to match when in reality only the Hour, Frame, And IVs had to match. Good thing I didn't go far in my Pearl cause now I'm going to have to find a new seed pair and do it again .-. Won't be too bad though. Thank you.

FairyWitch
15th March 2013, 9:32 PM
Dammit to hell, I did indeed put the seed where I was supposed to put the PID in Pandora's Box >.> And I misread the guide, I thought the seed/PID of a pair had to match when in reality only the Hour, Frame, And IVs had to match. Good thing I didn't go far in my Pearl cause now I'm going to have to find a new seed pair and do it again .-. Won't be too bad though. Thank you.

no problem and yeah that is where is your problem you need to place the pid in the box to get the id/sid pairings to produce both that seeds iv's and shininess ^_^ if you need any help with the rest if im here to help...

edit:

also reposting just to double check!

Myrrh
16th March 2013, 2:21 AM
Me again >.> I restarted my Pear again and got my ID/SID combo (By putting the PID instead of Pandora's Box this time). I put that into 4th Gen Time Finder and the same pair I chose turned up. When I put either seed into the main RNG Reporter window everything matches, the frame, IVs Nature, etc. The only thing is that shiny-ness is not listed with !!!. Is this normal? If I somehow messed up again oh well, I still got the IV spread I was going for, I won't start over a third time.

Zenotwapal
16th March 2013, 4:57 AM
Hahahahahahaahhaahahahaha

Me again >.> I restarted my Pear again and got my ID/SID combo (By putting the PID instead of Pandora's Box this time). I put that into 4th Gen Time Finder and the same pair I chose turned up. When I put either seed into the main RNG Reporter window everything matches, the frame, IVs Nature, etc. The only thing is that shiny-ness is not listed with !!!. Is this normal? If I somehow messed up again oh well, I still got the IV spread I was going for, I won't start over a third time.
Yeah well at least you caught your mistake in time. I got to the 7th gym on platinum before I realized I rnged the wrong PID for my spreads lol

FairyWitch
17th March 2013, 10:50 PM

hmmmm well that is strange what did you do wrong >.> i really see screen shots now but one shot did you put both your sid and id in the box and check the shiny box myrrh XD that might be it... ill lmao off if you did lol but why are you trying to use the iv spread right now? you need to abuse the id first? are you just checking before id abusing?

Icarus©
18th March 2013, 7:48 PM
So I'm egg rng'ing, and i hit my seed and hear the right chatot pitches and i end one frame before.
But when i hatch the egg, i was one frame after the right one.
I tried hitting the seed multiple times, and the same results happened
Was i just slow, or does this sometimes happen?

MSK
18th March 2013, 9:45 PM
So I'm egg rng'ing, and i hit my seed and hear the right chatot pitches and i end one frame before.
But when i hatch the egg, i was one frame after the right one.
I tried hitting the seed multiple times, and the same results happened
Was i just slow, or does this sometimes happen?

Hey Fallen Icarus, it's about how quick you get out of the menu and pick up the egg, every time the 2 pokemon move one square in the garden I've worked out it advances up to 2 frames. I normally stop 2 or 4 frames before my desired frame then when I come out of the menu I'm normally quick enough to hit the frame I want.
I've actually just managed to RNG breed 7 shiny Wobbuffet's with various natures to test which works best on my competitive team, and I found I needed to stop 3 or 4 frames before every time.

Icarus©
18th March 2013, 10:45 PM
hm alright.
Its just that i usually hit the frame if i stop one before, so i was a bit worried

MSK
18th March 2013, 11:07 PM
hm alright.
Its just that i usually hit the frame if i stop one before, so i was a bit worried

No nothing to be worried about, I find the frame difference can vary every time but by no more than 3-4, most times it'll just be by one.

Icarus©
18th March 2013, 11:14 PM
No nothing to be worried about, I find the frame difference can vary every time but by no more than 3-4, most times it'll just be by one.

Alright then ^^ Time to get on with rng'ing!

Hozu
19th March 2013, 12:18 AM
I mentioned this difference on Smogon's on-site RNG guide for B/W1 breeding. It seems to be 1 frame before target w/o Ditto parent, and 2 frames before target w/ Ditto parent.

Icarus©
19th March 2013, 4:38 AM
Thanks for the advice Hozu.
As I've stated before, its always been one frame back for me, but recently it's been 2 frames back.
I need faster fingers.... lol

FairyWitch
19th March 2013, 4:44 AM
yeah when breeding i was told there are off screen moving npc around the daycare center that flucuates results...its not you..its normal...also no double checked my post lol

hozu do you mean checking the memory box when searching and the box or just the main reporter since i unova linked?

Hozu
19th March 2013, 6:44 PM
Both in the main window and for the profile.

Pidj
20th March 2013, 11:39 PM
I''m trying to RNG a Cresselia on my White2 game and am hitting a snag besides the normal timer0 issues (which is being really difficult right now) but I've got a frame where by initial seed is 55 and my target frame is 69. 14 chatot advances, right? Well when I hit the seed and I did 14 advances I hit PID frame 65. I've done that twice now and I know I'm not that bad at counting (first time I chalked it up to not paying enough attention). Has anyone else seen this? Or can anyone offer an explanation why? Obviously the simple solution is to just do 18 advances instead but I want to know why?!?!

Agonist
20th March 2013, 11:44 PM
It shouldn't be doing that, since there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG other than yourself.