PDA

View Full Version : *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

Pidj
20th March 2013, 11:02 PM
That's what I thought. I've got the box ticked for b/w2 on the main screen so that should not be an issue. I've not done a shiny before so I could be missing something. Might try and find another seed and give that a go.

Icarus©
20th March 2013, 11:21 PM
Did you check the memory link? (if you did that already)

I've heard that it can mess with your starting pidrng frames

Agonist
21st March 2013, 3:56 AM
That's the most likely culprit. Memory Link will slightly alter the PIDRNG starting frames to be slightly lower than they were before (in most cases, some seeds aren't affected).

FairyWitch
21st March 2013, 4:08 AM
Both in the main window and for the profile.

oh god thanks im doing everything right then...im in castella and im still not hitting nothing -_- well ill have to figure out what wrong then what im doing...also this is a really stupid question but if you breeding a all female or all male don't pay attention to the gender percentage boxes right? there now 100% so im doing the logic that it really donesn't matter looking at that...

dewey911p
21st March 2013, 7:22 AM
oh god thanks im doing everything right then...im in castella and im still not hitting nothing -_- well ill have to figure out what wrong then what im doing...also this is a really stupid question but if you breeding a all female or all male don't pay attention to the gender percentage boxes right? there now 100% so im doing the logic that it really donesn't matter looking at that...

If it is only one gender then you can leave the gender field blank as it doesn;t matter. In fact, the field usually says Fixed Gender/Don't Care/Genderless, so if it is a fixed gender or if you just don't care, leaving it blank will just allow you to find more seeds.

Pidj
21st March 2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the advice Agonist and Fallen Icarus.

To my knowledge I've not used the memory link function in my game. Although I'm a bit ignorant on that front and don't know what I have to do to enable it.

I decided to check another seed I was hitting when I was being Timer0 trolled and 14 advances put me exactly where I should have been. Does this coincide with you saying memory link can affect some seeds but not all?

Thanks

Icarus©
21st March 2013, 4:49 PM
The memory function is where you connect with your black/white 1 game and it allows various things to appear in your game, like flashbacks and n's pokemon.

That seed might have just been weird if you haven't done memory link. Some seeds are just like that :p

FairyWitch
21st March 2013, 4:51 PM
If it is only one gender then you can leave the gender field blank as it doesn;t matter. In fact, the field usually says Fixed Gender/Don't Care/Genderless, so if it is a fixed gender or if you just don't care, leaving it blank will just allow you to find more seeds.

oh okay thanks i normally just leave it blank anyway XD it works fine and i get more searches i guess...thanks alot dewey ^_^

The memory function is where you connect with your black/white 1 game and it allows various things to appear in your game, like flashbacks and n's pokemon.

That seed might have just been weird if you haven't done memory link. Some seeds are just like that :p

i see yeah i memory linked it alright cuaz i thought it might help something but yeah im trying to rng keldeo and yeah it may just be a weird seed...i had not much trouble with genesecet...

edit: eventhough i just reliezed about that response was for pidj it still is useful to know these stuff and it might explain why im having trouble too...acutally tbh i remember having trouble with cressilia as well still...i might have a weird seed as well...

Icarus©
21st March 2013, 6:34 PM
Well im glad that it helped both Pidj and you eeveelover ^^

If you fail to achieve the seed a lot of times, say 20 times, you may just want to look up a new seed.
It would be faster, and save you a lot of stress

Pidj
21st March 2013, 7:40 PM

Thanks again. I've not done the memory link yet. I'll calk it up to a weird seed then. Quite annoying though!

EDIT: Just put the seed into RNG reporter again on the main screen and ticked memory link - hey presto starting frame is 4 earlier, which coincides with what I found. It is weird though because I am adamant that I have not done the memory link yet.

FairyWitch
21st March 2013, 7:44 PM
Thanks again. I've not done the memory link yet. I'll calk it up to a weird seed then. Quite annoying though!

if you feel better im also having trouble rnging my keldeo and cressilia on that same cartage...i think he helped me too cuaz i did check both boxes on the reporter for memory link cuaz i i did and still having trouble...i think the reporter isn't finished yet or something cuaz my genesect i rnged without the memory link before i memory link i hit fine in castella...

Pidj
21st March 2013, 9:06 PM
if you feel better im also having trouble rnging my keldeo and cressilia on that same cartage...i think he helped me too cuaz i did check both boxes on the reporter for memory link cuaz i i did and still having trouble...i think the reporter isn't finished yet or something cuaz my genesect i rnged without the memory link before i memory link i hit fine in castella...

I feel your pain... but tonight I got really lucky. I hit the Cresselia first time! Good luck with your Keldeo!

FairyWitch
21st March 2013, 9:08 PM
I feel your pain... but tonight I got really lucky. I hit the Cresselia first time! Good luck with your Keldeo!

thanks ^_^ and awesome i need to try it again...i think my seed is not right >.> cuaz i keep not hitting it but thank you and congrats ^_^

Ausgirl
22nd March 2013, 12:18 AM
I hate the LR Keys. They were working fine until recently... I kept wondering why I wasn't getting the right IVs for a wild encounter and then I decided to blow on the bumper keys to see if there was dirt or something getting in the way. It worked but now I have to keep doing it everytime I want to RNG something.

I was just wondering, I RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame. The seed uses the R key. If I was to get a new DS lite (the one I have was second-hand so yeah) would I loose that low shiny frame? I really hope not cos I wasn't planning on playing through black again...

Too Funk to Druck
22nd March 2013, 2:23 AM
I hate the LR Keys. They were working fine until recently... I kept wondering why I wasn't getting the right IVs for a wild encounter and then I decided to blow on the bumper keys to see if there was dirt or something getting in the way. It worked but now I have to keep doing it everytime I want to RNG something.

I was just wondering, I RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame. The seed uses the R key. If I was to get a new DS lite (the one I have was second-hand so yeah) would I loose that low shiny frame? I really hope not cos I wasn't planning on playing through black again...

I would think you would since the MAC code (or whatever) would change too.

Ausgirl
22nd March 2013, 3:49 AM
I would think you would since the MAC code (or whatever) would change too.

Damn, I thought so but I was hoping I was wrong. Does Nintendo still fix ds lites?

I know the hinges are broken on my DS lite but I reckon that could be easilly fixed with a screw driver which should help the bumper keys but I've never tried this befor...

Agonist
22nd March 2013, 4:12 PM
Easiest solution is to just find a seed that doesn't use L/R. In RNG Reporter, there's an option in the profile that will ignore seeds that require L/R keypresses.

Ausgirl
22nd March 2013, 4:15 PM
Easiest solution is to just find a seed that doesn't use L/R. In RNG Reporter, there's an option in the profile that will ignore seeds that require L/R keypresses.

Yeah I know, it just limits my search.

Icarus©
23rd March 2013, 5:01 PM
I'n pretty sure Nintendo still fixes Ds lites. I got my microphone fixed not long ago.
Its fairly expensive though, so you may just want to rng a new seed.

Like agonist said, just take the L+R buttons out of the search. It may shorten your search, but probably not by that much

Kiy7866
24th March 2013, 4:50 PM
Can rng pokemon join the wi fi event league ?? Or is it banned??

Icarus©
24th March 2013, 4:53 PM
Its not banned because its perfectly legal. :p

Nintendo only checks for hacks, and rngs wont be picked up as hacks, as they're not.
I think hacks have some type of code that que nintendo in.

31 ivs in all stats with shiny may raise some eyebrows however

Kiy7866
24th March 2013, 4:59 PM
Even the shiny flawless rnged pokemons us also allowed to enter right??:) what about event pokes??

Hozu
24th March 2013, 7:20 PM
Even the shiny flawless rnged pokemons us also allowed to enter right??:) what about event pokes??

Entered in what? They're allowed in official VGC competitions so anything that disallows them is laughable imo.

MSK
24th March 2013, 9:01 PM
I have an entire Shiny RNG'd team that I use for Wifi and VGC competitions. It's fine at VGC but online people assume you're a cheat and will DC on me when I beat them :(
Really wish you could edit the message your character says at the beginning entirely because I'd put "I RNG, get over it!"

Icarus©
24th March 2013, 9:22 PM
xD that'd be funny. Orr....
something else.

My message right now is.. "What do you think of LOSS?"

A question is in VGC tournaments do they know about rng?
Or do they just assume, that since you dont have any residue of hacking, that you were just really, really lucky?

Hozu
24th March 2013, 9:40 PM
They know about it.

Rayce
24th March 2013, 9:44 PM
A question is in VGC tournaments do they know about rng?
Or do they just assume, that since you dont have any residue of hacking, that you were just really, really lucky?
They are well aware of it, and tolerate it since they can't call something that uses only the game and hard mathematics hacks.

Icarus©
24th March 2013, 9:49 PM
They are well aware of it, and tolerate it since they can't call something that uses only the game and hard mathematics hacks.

They know about it.

Well that's nice to know.
Does Gamefreak generally have a negative view on rng'ing?
It seems like they're like: Yeah, its not a hack, and we can't do anything about it, but we sure don't like it.

MSK
24th March 2013, 9:55 PM
Well that's nice to know.
Does Gamefreak generally have a negative view on rng'ing?
It seems like they're like: Yeah, its not a hack, and we can't do anything about it, but we sure don't like it.

I pretty much reckon it was someone at Gamefreak who gave the details about how to RNG away in the first place.
I bet the guys there are some of the top players in Japan :) with a fully RNG'd shiny Pokedex!!

Icarus©
24th March 2013, 10:08 PM
I pretty much reckon it was someone at Gamefreak who gave the details about how to RNG away in the first place.
I bet the guys there are some of the top players in Japan :) with a fully RNG'd shiny Pokedex!!

R-Really? A fully rng'ed pokedex would take forever.
Lately, on my ditto egg rngs, I've had to stop 2 frames below. Seems like Hozu's advice was really helpful and accurate

Ausgirl
25th March 2013, 6:23 AM
R-Really? A fully rng'ed pokedex would take forever.
Lately, on my ditto egg rngs, I've had to stop 2 frames below. Seems like Hozu's advice was really helpful and accurate

It would be cool though -some shiny collectors have an almost complete pokedex from what I've seen around here.

Meh and to think I haven't even completed the regular pokedex yet.

FairyWitch
25th March 2013, 6:43 AM
It would be cool though -some shiny collectors have an almost complete pokedex from what I've seen around here.

Meh and to think I haven't even completed the regular pokedex yet.

that would take alot of time XD also yeah but think about this way it would be faster getting them shiny then the others methods XD

Ausgirl
25th March 2013, 6:52 AM
that would take alot of time XD also yeah but think about this way it would be faster getting them shiny then the others methods XD

RNGing them all would be too easy and kinda defeats the challenge, if you ask me.

I've actually had a lot of luck with randomn shinies -I've found them whilst stumbling through caves looking for the next town, in the grass when looking for a certain pokemon and even breeding pokemon with parents from the same game. My favorite so far, is my Electrike from my Sapphire version.

Agonist
25th March 2013, 4:15 PM

Uh, no, Gamefreak didn't give out any information about the RNG. It was completely figured out by the players.

Kiy7866
26th March 2013, 4:52 AM
Hi guys im kinda new to pokemon what does semi, non-redistributable ,redstributable pokemon means?? Anyone??

Agonist
26th March 2013, 5:13 AM
Hi guys im kinda new to pokemon what does semi, non-redistributable ,redstributable pokemon means?? Anyone??

Semi means you can trade it if you receive it from someone, but anyone who gets it from you cannot. Non-redistributable means no one else can trade it, and redistributable means anyone can trade it.

Note that this isn't actually related to RNG in any way, so you'd be better of asking in the question thread stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

FairyWitch
1st April 2013, 7:49 PM
okay anyway here i go is there anyway i can search out a female eevee flawless faster? im having trouble finding one thats why i asked since the speices is like 12.5% female which is low -_-

Icarus©
1st April 2013, 10:01 PM
Um.... >.> other then narrowing your search results no. If you're searching for a flawless seed, you might want to take out an iv

You can, if you have multiple computers, divide the months in between them or something :'D

EDIT: I have a question!! Yay!

>.> so rng reporter has the black white 2 option.

But time finder shows the non-black white 2 option thing when searching for the seeds.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON >.>

FairyWitch
2nd April 2013, 9:18 PM
Um.... >.> other then narrowing your search results no. If you're searching for a flawless seed, you might want to take out an iv

You can, if you have multiple computers, divide the months in between them or something :'D

EDIT: I have a question!! Yay!

>.> so rng reporter has the black white 2 option.

But time finder shows the non-black white 2 option thing when searching for the seeds.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON >.>

im not sure what your asking but ill try to understand but if you mean when searching the seed in the time finder i was told that when your using bw2 when calculating the pid starting frame just make sure its checked on the reporter heads up though i noticed it still off by a few frames though when rnging...i don't know i think they still are working out some problems with the reporter still...the seed search more or less is still off if so you need to check that box to fix the frame advance list but like i said that the reporter in my opnion is off by like two frames still...

Icarus©
2nd April 2013, 9:39 PM
im not sure what your asking but ill try to understand but if you mean when searching the seed in the time finder i was told that when your using bw2 when calculating the pid starting frame just make sure its checked on the reporter heads up though i noticed it still off by a few frames though when rnging...i don't know i think they still are working out some problems with the reporter still...the seed search more or less is still off if so you need to check that box to fix the frame advance list but like i said that the reporter in my opnion is off by like two frames still...

Well i got the answer on the unmentionable site, but thanks anyway.
Time reporter were spouting different results then the bw2 checkbox, so i was confused.

Regardless, timer0 on bw2 is trolling me so much.. >.> i hate rng'ing on bw2

Agonist
3rd April 2013, 2:24 PM
Honestly, I don't know why you all say "unmentionable site" instead of Pokecheck. You won't get in trouble for saying Pokecheck lol.

Ausgirl
3rd April 2013, 2:29 PM
Personally I think it's best to be on the safe side. On my local facebook page it's banned... which is stupid because pretty much everyone who rng's uses that site.

Agonist
3rd April 2013, 3:27 PM
Serebii =/= Facebook.

QuoteMissy
3rd April 2013, 3:36 PM
Honestly, I don't know why you all say "unmentionable site" instead of Pokecheck. You won't get in trouble for saying Pokecheck lol.

To add on to this, Pokecheck is only illegal to mention in the Hack-Check thread if I recall correctly.

Agonist
3rd April 2013, 3:46 PM
To add on to this, Pokecheck is only illegal to mention in the Hack-Check thread if I recall correctly.

I've never got in trouble for saying it there.

Icarus©
3rd April 2013, 10:03 PM

Eh... I heard from someone that pokecheck was illegal cause apparently changing your dns isn't something gamefreak intended to do.
Some people in the general pokemon section got in trouble for that too.

I guess its safe here? :3

That said, When calibrating my White 2 parameters i didn't get a single repeat of a timer0 :3
Hard times...

Zenotwapal
4th April 2013, 3:27 PM
Eh... I heard from someone that pokecheck was illegal cause apparently changing your dns isn't something gamefreak intended to do.
Some people in the general pokemon section got in trouble for that too.

I guess its safe here? :3

That said, When calibrating my White 2 parameters i didn't get a single repeat of a timer0 :3
Hard times...
If it wasn't intended, why give players the option to manually input your DNS?

Pokecheck has always been allowed for discussion. You're not breaking any rules

Agonist
4th April 2013, 3:37 PM
Hard times...

What DS system are you using? DSi, and 3DS systems have more Timer0s than DS Phat/Lites.

Icarus©
4th April 2013, 10:30 PM
What DS system are you using? DSi, and 3DS systems have more Timer0s than DS Phat/Lites.

Because my ds lite broke, right now im using my DSixl.
How many Timer0s are there normally on a White 2 played on a DSixl?

Agonist
4th April 2013, 10:33 PM
I have no clue, I've only used a DS Lite.

Icarus©
5th April 2013, 10:06 PM
Oh alright then.

>.> finally rng'ed my keldeo, and timer0 is trolling me on my ID/SID rng endeavors

Nikator
7th April 2013, 1:51 PM
Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.

Pidj
7th April 2013, 1:55 PM
Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.

I used the park in castelia city to calibrate.

Icarus©
7th April 2013, 2:44 PM

Giant Chasm, victory road, etc... I would recommend Giant Chasm

Agonist
7th April 2013, 3:46 PM
WNPCs don't matter for calibration.

FairyWitch
9th April 2013, 7:14 PM
this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?

Ausgirl
10th April 2013, 3:04 AM
this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?

Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?

FairyWitch
10th April 2013, 8:37 AM
Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?

yes all boxes were checked correctly but i found out my reporter is being off for some reason? just for that seed it was strange...i have no clue what happen but it was off like by 2 frames? strange...

Scot_82
10th April 2013, 3:10 PM
Is there a forum for discussing Gen IV rng? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Agonist
10th April 2013, 3:38 PM
Is there a forum for discussing Gen IV rng? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Right here.

Scot_82
10th April 2013, 4:26 PM
Right here.

Ok, awesome! I have been scouring the net to find any help on determining a proper TID/SID spread in order to take advantage of the Gen IV Cute Charm glitch. All that scouring, however, has produced 0 results. Is there a way that I can calculate the ID's? Is there something that I'm missing? Should I just give up the dream?

Hozu
10th April 2013, 4:46 PM
In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.

Ausgirl
10th April 2013, 5:01 PM
What does the cute charm do anyway? I've never had a seed which required that lead.

Scot_82
10th April 2013, 9:42 PM
In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.
Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.

What does the cute charm do anyway? I've never had a seed which required that lead.
When a Pokemon with the Cute Charm ability is in the lead, it can attract a wild pokemon of the opposite gender.

Hozu
10th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.

When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.

Scot_82
10th April 2013, 11:15 PM
When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.

So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?

Agonist
11th April 2013, 1:22 AM
Some of them will, but most Cute Charm TID/SID have quite a few shiny spreads available.

dewey911p
11th April 2013, 2:49 AM
So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?

You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).

Agonist
11th April 2013, 4:03 AM
You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).

lol yeah, a bunch of people have complained how often they find shiny Pokemon w/ a Cute Charm lead.

Schro
11th April 2013, 1:04 PM
Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
(00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
Version: Black English
TID: 04793
SID: 04671
Timer0: C7B-C7C
Vcount: 60-60

Scot_82
11th April 2013, 1:48 PM

Ok, I think I am starting to understand now. Let's say I wanted to encounter a male shiny: I would need a female CC lead, but my ID combo would have to be generated for a male with a specific gender ratio. If I wanted a shiny male Ralts (50/50 ratio) then I would have to have that specific ID combo. But after that Ralts, I wanted to get a shiny male Riolu (87.5/12.5 male ratio). The ID combo used for Ralts would NOT be successful for Riolu, correct?

Then for a female shiny I could use a male CC lead and successfully get any female ratio, correct?

FairyWitch
12th April 2013, 6:53 AM
Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
(00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
Version: Black English
TID: 04793
SID: 04671
Timer0: C7B-C7C
Vcount: 60-60

if your doing wonder cards make sure to use the wondercard section not the glan...i not familar with the pprng mac version but it has the same stuff just different layouts. as well as make sure to rng your event keldeo in the center by the pokemon league for bw1 its the best place to do events hope that helps...

edit: oh also for key presses when you hit your 1 sec ahead hold down the key presses until you see the black screen...don't release until the pokemon white screen goes away or it will not work...

Icarus©
13th April 2013, 1:11 AM
Timer0 hates me soo much
I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
The reason? Timer0.
And the thing is, i can't even re-calibrate anymore...
>.> so should i just start a new game and forget about rng'ing my id?
Here's my info BTW;
DSixl; Timer0:167E VCount: AD VFrame:8 GxStat: 6
I'm using the latest rng reporter: 9.96.5 BETA

blisseytank
14th April 2013, 7:45 AM
Hi everyone,
Yesterday i started to RNG´ing and i started with 4 shinies and 1 shiny flawless.
But now i have a great seed that has Frame 1 on the IV RNG and if you look to the right you see: Shiny Frame: 187. But when i put the seed in the PIDRNG the first shiny frame is 3599? Which one is the real one?
Thanks!

Agonist
14th April 2013, 8:28 AM
Your IV frame would appear to be 187, and your PIDRNG frame 3599. Basically, don't use this seed. Only search for IV frame 1 stuff (and generally speaking, don't go above PIDRNG frame 500).

Ausgirl
15th April 2013, 3:32 AM
Timer0 hates me soo much
I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
The reason? Timer0.
Here's my info BTW;

Which game is this for? I'm having the exact same problems on B2.

I thought the TID part would be easy and that it would be the shiny starter that would be difficult.

FairyWitch
15th April 2013, 4:09 PM
Timer0 hates me soo much
The reason? Timer0.
Here's my info BTW;

what game are your trying to id abuse cuaz i had that trouble and found out it was my reporter but it seems its no that you got the latest reporter...did you put in the pid not the seed in the box i think that is what you need to do for any game i think >.> i never tried that for bw2 or bw

Icarus©
15th April 2013, 9:57 PM
I'm using White 2.
The seed works fine, you just have to put in a frame that's 1 higher then your target frame.

Fearless, I thought TID abuse would be easy as well.
Turns out, nope

Ausgirl
15th April 2013, 10:42 PM
I'm using White 2.
The seed works fine, you just have to put in a frame that's 1 higher then your target frame.

Fearless, I thought TID abuse would be easy as well.
Turns out, nope

Why does it have to be one frame higher? I only want a shiny snivy, I already have shiny legends on B1 and I don't think I can be bothered doing that again on B2. So I just selected "gift."

Icarus©
15th April 2013, 10:57 PM
Why does it have to be one frame higher? I only want a shiny snivy, I already have shiny legends on B1 and I don't think I can be bothered doing that again on B2. So I just selected "gift."

If you're using a specific seed, it has to be one frame higher cause Rng reporter is messed up. :p the creators know about it too

Agonist
16th April 2013, 1:40 AM
If you're using a specific seed, it has to be one frame higher cause Rng reporter is messed up. :p the creators know about it too

Exactly why does everyone say this? I have never had a problem just going right up to the frame (and I've done more RNGs than most of the people here, combined).

Icarus©
16th April 2013, 1:46 AM
Exactly why does everyone say this? I have never had a problem just going right up to the frame (and I've done more RNGs than most of the people here, combined).

While I have no doubt about that, in pandora, you have to make the target frame one frame higher to accommodate for something or the id will make the wrong frame shiny

"- Gen V ID/SID abuse is technically one frame too small for everything (minor issue)"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1diSYBG8A33pZmoiwrSTRz1mErPZ9N9DIBF1u8rmEU5A/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

Quote taken from Slashmolder's Rng Reporter notes

Ausgirl
16th April 2013, 3:14 AM
While I have no doubt about that, in pandora, you have to make the target frame one frame higher to accommodate for something or the id will make the wrong frame shiny

"- Gen V ID/SID abuse is technically one frame too small for everything (minor issue)"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1diSYBG8A33pZmoiwrSTRz1mErPZ9N9DIBF1u8rmEU5A/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

Quote taken from Slashmolder's Rng Reporter notes

This is true, when I first did this on Black 1 was using Princess of Johto's guide and basically did everything she did. I just thought that the frames advanced because I selected "wild" instead of "gift." However for me there was a three frame difference.

This time around on Black 2 I just want a shiny snivy, so I selected "gift."

FairyWitch
16th April 2013, 5:16 PM

i don't know if this related but i noticed when i rng my seed for events im always of buy two frames im saying maybe its someone's game that makes the seeds up and down like that with the frames? i don't know but i find it strange i never tried id abuse on bw2 i only did events i noticed the reproter likes to be off but i don't understand why go 1 frame higher for id abuse though? is the reporter off of something for the pandora box?

Agonist
16th April 2013, 5:21 PM
That's a known issue with RNGR.

FairyWitch
16th April 2013, 6:12 PM
That's a known issue with RNGR.

what you mean by that all my boxes everything is checked correctly? why would it be my fault? just curious? or you talking about box?

dewey911p
16th April 2013, 9:04 PM
what you mean by that all my boxes everything is checked correctly? why would it be my fault? just curious? or you talking about box?

No, he means that the issue is with the program itself. For wondercards Time Finder gives you a TF that is incorrect, but the main window will give the correct TF. Just foloow the main window frames for wondercards.

FairyWitch
17th April 2013, 11:57 PM
No, he means that the issue is with the program itself. For wondercards Time Finder gives you a TF that is incorrect, but the main window will give the correct TF. Just foloow the main window frames for wondercards.

oh i do fallow but i got confused what he ment lol thanks dewey also does anyone have a 3rd gen guide for rnging? i really want to try it out with one of my games...is it possible to rng in firered and leafgreen? its just some moves on competitive pokemon are rare and i want to have them for my new gens and there only in 3rd gen tutoring...

Agonist
18th April 2013, 1:12 AM
It's not possible on retail (well, technically it is, but it's beyond your skill level, no offense).

FairyWitch
18th April 2013, 1:23 AM
It's not possible on retail (well, technically it is, but it's beyond your skill level, no offense).

what do you mean by that? is it that hard something? i have figured out 5th and 4th gen i don't understand why i can't try?

QuoteMissy
18th April 2013, 1:28 AM
what do you mean by that? is it that hard something?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, besides you can just RNG your 3rd gen targets in Emerald/dead battery Ruby/Sapphire and then send them to FireRed/LeafGreen to get their needed tutor moves. I believe the only thing relatively worthwhile you'll miss in FireRed/LeafGreen is Double-Edge for Entei and frankly the event Flare Blitz one would outclass it, plus there's a glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen that would prevent them from having high IVs anywho (at least for shiny FireRed/LeafGreen roamers).

FairyWitch
18th April 2013, 1:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was, besides you can just RNG your 3rd gen targets in Emerald/dead battery Ruby/Sapphire and then send them to FireRed/LeafGreen to get their needed tutor moves. I believe the only thing relatively worthwhile you'll miss in FireRed/LeafGreen is Double-Edge for Entei and frankly the event Flare Blitz one would outclass it, plus there's a glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen that would prevent them from having high IVs anywho (at least for shiny FireRed/LeafGreen roamers).

well can i still try though then on emerald, ruby or saphirre then transfer to my firered and leafgreen for the tutoring i don't mind doing that really i just want to at least get things i can't in 5th gen...thats what i ment though sorry was gunna rng it on maybe my ruby or saphire i know for sure the clocks have dried out...my emerald i think did too...i wanted the best guides to figure out how to do it though...i didn't see anything on firered and leafgreen so i assume best way is going through ruby,sapphire and emerald...then have it transferred to learn that move in firered or leafgreen like you said ;) really sorry for asking the wrong question agonist my bad >.> know i understand why you posted i typed the wrong game -_-

Hozu
18th April 2013, 9:37 PM
FR/LG is beyond the skill level of any human period. R/S/E is tough... stick to Emerald for most things.

Agonist
18th April 2013, 9:42 PM
Zari says hi.

FairyWitch
20th April 2013, 4:12 AM
FR/LG is beyond the skill level of any human period. R/S/E is tough... stick to Emerald for most things.

oh okay got it yeah i figured out that there is not a way possible yet for FR/LG and i really ment R/S/E...so what makes it harder then emerald then? just on the curious side for ruby and saphire? i still like to learn and i can't remember though if my internal battery died on that one cuaz i haven't played it in awhile...i use the cartiage for rnging 4th gen mostly...

Zenotwapal
20th April 2013, 4:39 AM
Some people have pulled off FR/LG Abuse, but the rewards from it are minimal. The only things worth it is the Navel Rock and Birth sland Eventsand some specific move tutor pokes. Everything else can be obtained in HG/SS.

Agonist
20th April 2013, 5:35 PM
oh okay got it yeah i figured out that there is not a way possible yet for FR/LG and i really ment R/S/E...so what makes it harder then emerald then? just on the curious side for ruby and saphire? i still like to learn and i can't remember though if my internal battery died on that one cuaz i haven't played it in awhile...i use the cartiage for rnging 4th gen mostly...

If the battery for R/S is dead, then it's pretty much the same as Emerald, just no Everstone (And IV inheritance is messed up anyway), and no Synchronize. If the battery is still good, then it's completely different.

Some people have pulled off FR/LG Abuse, but the rewards from it are minimal. The only things worth it is the Navel Rock and Birth sland Eventsand some specific move tutor pokes. Everything else can be obtained in HG/SS.

Birth Island and Navel Rock are on Emerald anyway.

FairyWitch
21st April 2013, 1:33 AM
If the battery for R/S is dead, then it's pretty much the same as Emerald, just no Everstone (And IV inheritance is messed up anyway), and no Synchronize. If the battery is still good, then it's completely different.

Birth Island and Navel Rock are on Emerald anyway.

yes my battery is dead on both ruby and sapphire but not emerald thanks for the response though...is there a direct thread on smogon for ruby and sapphire? i like to read up on it...i just want to learn for rare move tutor stuff thats all from 3rd gen like toss chansey ill just transfer it to fr/lg for the tutor move then transfer it all the way to my white 2...

Raghav
25th April 2013, 11:14 PM
Can you rng breed me something I can offer stuff for it.

dewey911p
25th April 2013, 11:17 PM
Can you rng breed me something I can offer stuff for it.

This is a help thread, for trades try the RNG trade thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?560510-RNG-Trading-Thread&p=15930456#post15930456)

FairyWitch
26th April 2013, 8:03 AM
okay this is so strange my reporter just deleted all my profiles now -_- is this happening to anyone cuaz i find it strange...i have to re input all my stuff again for my white 2 and black version and go to the trade form section raghav...there are a few shops that rng i work at tictac's as a rng breeder...if you want to nagotiate there i can do it but here is not a good idea this a rng help thread...

RNG_Reporter
26th April 2013, 5:41 PM
Dang. That is unfortunate.

I have 90% of the Unova dex RNGd. Don't think I'll finish it though. Feels insignificant lol.

FairyWitch
27th April 2013, 7:39 PM
Dang. That is unfortunate.

I have 90% of the Unova dex RNGd. Don't think I'll finish it though. Feels insignificant lol.

yeah i got it back up at least my black version thank god i wrote everything down so i should be good to go, it was so strange it randomly deleted it :/...also dang 90% thats crazy just having major trolling sessions with a stubborn treecko thats only the first part of it -_-

ChrisPBaken
28th April 2013, 11:22 AM
So in the OP it states that RNG abuse is completely legitimate...

How is that the case when you need a program on your computer to help you complete your goal?

Isn't the definition of cheating something like this:

An unintended state/action that gives a player an unfair advantage over others that play thegame as intended.
*I believe it is*

I am not looking for debate, I am not saying it is Wrong, so don't get all fussed up.

All I am saying is don't try to justify an illigitimate action to make yourself feel better about how you play the game.

That being said, I bred all of my pokemon naturally, and it took a very long time. The first time I learned of RNG abuse I felt like I was kicked in the nuts... Just knowing that all of the time and work I put into acquiring a poke with 2-3 perfect IV's with the rest above 20 (good nature ofc) can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.

Like I said, not a debate. It just bothers me to see it called *completely legitimate*, when it ever so clearly is not.

P.S. I completely understand why RNG abuse is done, and why it is so appealing. I am most likely going to try it out one day, even. Though I would feel no need to try to tell myself it was a legitimate catch, because It's not, I know it, and it wouldn't bother me.

Agonist
28th April 2013, 4:09 PM
If you don't have anything that directly relates to RNG abuse, don't post in this thread.

That said, it's completely legitimate because you're not modifying your game in any way. If you don't like that, too bad.

Zenotwapal
28th April 2013, 5:37 PM
So in the OP it states that RNG abuse is completely legitimate...

How is that the case when you need a program on your computer to help you complete your goal?

Isn't the definition of cheating something like this:

An unintended state/action that gives a player an unfair advantage over others that play thegame as intended.
*I believe it is*

I am not looking for debate, I am not saying it is Wrong, so don't get all fussed up.

All I am saying is don't try to justify an illigitimate action to make yourself feel better about how you play the game.

That being said, I bred all of my pokemon naturally, and it took a very long time. The first time I learned of RNG abuse I felt like I was kicked in the nuts... Just knowing that all of the time and work I put into acquiring a poke with 2-3 perfect IV's with the rest above 20 (good nature ofc) can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.

Like I said, not a debate. It just bothers me to see it called *completely legitimate*, when it ever so clearly is not.

P.S. I completely understand why RNG abuse is done, and why it is so appealing. I am most likely going to try it out one day, even. Though I would feel no need to try to tell myself it was a legitimate catch, because It's not, I know it, and it wouldn't bother me.

Every action carried out to perform RNG Abuse is legitimate.
This thread happens to be the place where one could learn how to abuse the RNG in pokemon games, so you should start here before you make any horribly false accusations on the matter.

The Eleventh
28th April 2013, 5:46 PM
can be done by a child in 5 minutes via RNG abuse.
I particularly like this example of ignorance.

Icarus©
28th April 2013, 8:54 PM
So because you are not directly modifying your game it is completely legitimate?

I don't see how having a program on your pc telling you when to do a certain action in your game, and what you are going to get is "completely legitimate!

Whatever floats your boat though, I guess some people just feel guilty about what they do, and try to justify it. If telling yourself that it is completely legitiamate is your way of doing that then good for you :)

Hello Troll ^^

But really, if you're not going to talk about rng, please leave

Anyway, I've still not been able to resolve my ID abuse issue.

I mean, if you try 100 times, with a 1/10 chance at the lowest, you should be able to hit it at least once. Nope.

Timer0 hates me soo much
The reason? Timer0.
Here's my info BTW;

Old stuff in the quote

dewey911p
28th April 2013, 11:53 PM
Nothing that can be done about Timer0 trolling except to keep trying. Double check to make sure you used the right profile to search ID seeds with in Pandora's box. Using the wrong profile might be your issue. Also, when I did ID abuse Pandora's box would out put the wrong starting frame, so I would have to put the ID I wanted into the results column and run the seed finder to get my right SF and the right number of advances I needed to do.

Icarus©
28th April 2013, 11:57 PM
Nothing that can be done about Timer0 trolling except to keep trying. Double check to make sure you used the right profile to search ID seeds with in Pandora's box. Using the wrong profile might be your issue. Also, when I did ID abuse Pandora's box would out put the wrong starting frame, so I would have to put the ID I wanted into the results column and run the seed finder to get my right SF and the right number of advances I needed to do.

Oh.... Maybe the wrong starting frame is my problem? I'll check it out

Victory★Star★
29th April 2013, 12:06 AM
oh my gosh i think i just caught a perm-migrain *.* i'd rather just find a shop partner

bobandbill
29th April 2013, 12:12 AM
Although I have no issues with a discussion on RNG, there's no need for posts saying 'I guess you just say that to not feel guilty' complete with sarcastic smileys. Please have a bit of class if you want to have this discussion.

QuoteMissy
29th April 2013, 2:56 AM
Is there a way to break consistancy when RNGing the 5th gen roamer?

Target frame: 3,996
Eon Timer lag value: 8,760/8,766
lowest frame hit: 3,980
highest frame hit: 4,002

The problem is I keep hitting 3,980 and 4,002 consistantly and only one other frame between them (3,988) which is only rarely, how do I break my consistancy?

Agonist
29th April 2013, 5:35 AM
oh my gosh i think i just caught a perm-migrain *.* i'd rather just find a shop partner

What does this even mean?

Is there a way to break consistancy when RNGing the 5th gen roamer?

Target frame: 3,996
Eon Timer lag value: 8,760/8,766
lowest frame hit: 3,980
highest frame hit: 4,002

The problem is I keep hitting 3,980 and 4,002 consistantly and only one other frame between them (3,988) which is only rarely, how do I break my consistancy?

Unfortunately, due to how quickly the PIDRNG advances, and the WNPCs outside, some frames are "skipped".

FairyWitch
29th April 2013, 5:49 AM
What does this even mean?

sorry i told him to come her for help he wanted to learn how to rng but he saw all this talk and got extremely confused what was going on so i guess he quit >.> he owns a trade shop and wants a shop partner that rngs since i work in a trade shop but better stop now this has nothing to do with rng help...i did mange to get my reporter back up and running again though...it was strange it deleted my perimeter searches maybe cuaz i had the older one that interfered with it? i finally just deleted it cuaz i really don't need it cuaz i got the newer one and the pandora box works fine on this one...

SakuraLatias
30th April 2013, 3:02 AM
I just got my Japanese Soul Silver today, I'm RNGing via Cute Charm. Can someone find Elm/Irwin calls in Japanese? Since it won't show on my RNG Reporter. :3

dewey911p
30th April 2013, 3:51 AM
I just got my Japanese Soul Silver today, I'm RNGing via Cute Charm. Can someone find Elm/Irwin calls in Japanese? Since it won't show on my RNG Reporter. :3

I'm using google translate here so I doubt this is accurate, but:

K: 私は知らない関東地方のいくつかのポケモンがあります期待しています。私はまだ慣れていないだと進化の方法 はおそらくあります。私はその視点を使用し、どのような私ができる発見する必要があります
E: そこにポケモンが進化することを非常に多くの異なる方法がありそこではありません!彼らが最初に一定の条件 を満たすまでは、一部のポケモンは進化しないでください!
P: それは思われるまで、より良いPokérusレベルに感染しているポケモン。私たちは、なぜ全くわからない ...

That's for Elm calls. If you are lucky you can match up the punctuation at the end. K ends in a period, E ends in an exclamation mark, and P ends in an ellipse. Not sure if the japanese punctuation is the same or not though. Either way, good luck.

QuoteMissy
1st May 2013, 2:35 AM
Is it possible to IDRNG a "sticking" frame to be shiny? Or would the game mechanics cause different frames to stick for different save files/ID combos? (5th gen Roamer)

dewey911p
1st May 2013, 5:15 AM
Is it possible to IDRNG a "sticking" frame to be shiny? Or would the game mechanics cause different frames to stick for different save files/ID combos? (5th gen Roamer)

I've never tried to RNG a sticking frame before, but I would assume it is possible. As long as you can hit it you should be able to ID abuse for that frame.

Hozu
1st May 2013, 11:51 PM
Unfortunately, due to how quickly the PIDRNG advances, and the WNPCs outside, some frames are "skipped".

The weather also affects the PIDRNG - that's why Thunderus and Tornadus are slightly different to RNG.

Ausgirl
4th May 2013, 2:24 PM
The weather also affects the PIDRNG - that's why Thunderus and Tornadus are slightly different to RNG.

True.

Btw I got my shiny snivy on Black 2.

Agonist
5th May 2013, 6:30 AM

Isn't that basically what I said? :p

Razo
5th May 2013, 12:19 PM
Quick question, I uploaded a pokemon too pokécheck and my SID was jut 305. Does that mean I put two zero's before that number?

Agonist
5th May 2013, 4:21 PM
Yes .

Ebon
13th May 2013, 8:06 AM
So I ran into a little problem with RNG today, and I was hoping somebody here wouldn't mind helping me out. ^^;

DS System: Original DSi
Game: Black 1

About a week ago I RNG'd perfectly at Timer0 123C. Got 6 pokemon in a day (including two eggs) without a problem. I took a week or so off due to school exams, didn't touch Black's save file nor RNG. Now I'm back trying to RNG again but no matter what I try I cannot hit my seeds.

So what I did...
After not being able to hit my seeds I went back to re-calibrate. (Sweet Scented in Victory Road- caught immediately (Master Ball) and repeated 6 times.) I found out my Timer0 is now alternating from 123D to 123C every other catch. I thought no big deal right? I'll hit it on the 1st or hit it on the 2nd try... Went to Mist. Cave for a MB male Axew (123D). I'm sure I hit the time, but the Axew was Female with Rivalry and was no where on the list. Ok, must have hit 123C. Repeated exactly as last time: Same results. Failure. Got a Woobat- This ones not on the 'list' either. Not the M Axew RNG said I should get and not the Female Axew from the last try. Try a few more times same results; a lot of times I was hitting the same Woobat multiple times but it wasn't anywhere on my 123D RNG list. I'm not sure what Timer0 I was hitting at that point. Add and subtract a few Chatots as a test but the PKMN I hit don't line up with the listed PKMN I should be hitting. At All. Tried a few other locations: No luck.

Went back again, re-calibrated with the same process. Same results: Alternating 123C and 123D. Target Seconds: 25 Hit At: 25 (Started game at 00:00:24)

Then I tried eggs: Same problem. I have a flawless Mudkip M and a Flawless Ditto; RNG'd for a Flawless male Mudkip - Sp. Atk and I could not hit it. But I'm sure I am getting in game at the correct time... (At least according to my earlier calibrations.)

So any idea on what could be I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys!
- EBON

dewey911p
13th May 2013, 8:41 AM
So I ran into a little problem with RNG today, and I was hoping somebody here wouldn't mind helping me out. ^^;

DS System: Original DSi
Game: Black 1

About a week ago I RNG'd perfectly at Timer0 123C. Got 6 pokemon in a day (including two eggs) without a problem. I took a week or so off due to school exams, didn't touch Black's save file nor RNG. Now I'm back trying to RNG again but no matter what I try I cannot hit my seeds.

So what I did...
After not being able to hit my seeds I went back to re-calibrate. (Sweet Scented in Victory Road- caught immediately (Master Ball) and repeated 6 times.) I found out my Timer0 is now alternating from 123D to 123C every other catch. I thought no big deal right? I'll hit it on the 1st or hit it on the 2nd try... Went to Mist. Cave for a MB male Axew (123D). I'm sure I hit the time, but the Axew was Female with Rivalry and was no where on the list. Ok, must have hit 123C. Repeated exactly as last time: Same results. Failure. Got a Woobat- This ones not on the 'list' either. Not the M Axew RNG said I should get and not the Female Axew from the last try. Try a few more times same results; a lot of times I was hitting the same Woobat multiple times but it wasn't anywhere on my 123D RNG list. I'm not sure what Timer0 I was hitting at that point. Add and subtract a few Chatots as a test but the PKMN I hit don't line up with the listed PKMN I should be hitting. At All. Tried a few other locations: No luck.

Went back again, re-calibrated with the same process. Same results: Alternating 123C and 123D. Target Seconds: 25 Hit At: 25 (Started game at 00:00:24)

Then I tried eggs: Same problem. I have a flawless Mudkip M and a Flawless Ditto; RNG'd for a Flawless male Mudkip - Sp. Atk and I could not hit it. But I'm sure I am getting in game at the correct time... (At least according to my earlier calibrations.)

So any idea on what could be I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys!
- EBON

It just sounds like your Timer0 is dicking around, that happens a lot. If you were able to RNG 6 pokemon with no problem in one day using 123C I would just stick to that Timer0. You will still hit 123D on occasion, and if the seed is being difficult you may hit it a lot, but sticking to the most common value is the easiest thing to do. Ignore 123D and stick with 123C, keep at it, and you should have no issues.

Ebon
13th May 2013, 8:47 AM
It just sounds like your Timer0 is dicking around, that happens a lot. If you were able to RNG 6 pokemon with no problem in one day using 123C I would just stick to that Timer0. You will still hit 123D on occasion, and if the seed is being difficult you may hit it a lot, but sticking to the most common value is the easiest thing to do. Ignore 123D and stick with 123C, keep at it, and you should have no issues.

Ok, thanks a lot Dewey911p! :) I guess I'll go back at it in the morning then.

Ausgirl
13th May 2013, 9:34 AM
Ok, thanks a lot Dewey911p! :) I guess I'll go back at it in the morning then.

Are you using keypresses? The LR keys can be problematic at times.

Ebon
13th May 2013, 8:49 PM
Are you using keypresses? The LR keys can be problematic at times.
Nope, no keypresses. I've heard of that so I've been staying away from them. ^^; Simple / basic PIDRNG had been working great for me till I ran into that. :) I hope Timer0 will like me when I get home.

dewey911p
14th May 2013, 2:42 AM
Nope, no keypresses. I've heard of that so I've been staying away from them. ^^; Simple / basic PIDRNG had been working great for me till I ran into that. :) I hope Timer0 will like me when I get home.

Adding keypresses does not make RNGing any harder. If anything they make it eaiser since you can find more seeds. If your L and R shoulder buttons do not work there is an option to skip over them in the profile set up. Or, you could just ignore any seeds that use button presses that don't work on your DS. Either way, adding keypresses does not make RNGing harder or anything of the sort.

Ebon
14th May 2013, 3:17 AM
Adding keypresses does not make RNGing any harder. If anything they make it eaiser since you can find more seeds. If your L and R shoulder buttons do not work there is an option to skip over them in the profile set up. Or, you could just ignore any seeds that use button presses that don't work on your DS. Either way, adding keypresses does not make RNGing harder or anything of the sort.

Oh no no, sorry I wasn't trying to imply that it made RNG harder. ^^; (Though my L button is broken so thanks for the information!) My friend just had previous problems with her keypresses (More likely she was just derping.) was all; so I haven't gone out to try and experiment with them yet. Though I might since Adamant on this PKMN is proving to be illusive.

Anyhow, I got the Mudkip egg A-OK a few minutes ago when I went back to 123C, so my Timer0 was just derping as you mentioned earlier. :) Thanks a ton!

SakuraLatias
15th May 2013, 6:33 AM
I'm having trouble with breeding. No, I'm not using White 2. I'm using White 1. Here's what I got. I put in Japanese Porygon and an English Ditto at the Day-Care. No Everstone is equipped on either parents. I have clicked International Parents and Ditto Parent on the RNG Reporter. After I RNG'd the Egg, it turned out to be Impish, Ability 1(Download), Alert to Sounds, and non-shiny.

Pics:
Time Finder (http://imageshack.us/a/img202/7942/help1ht.jpg)

Main Screen of the
RNG Reporter (http://imageshack.us/a/img254/1508/help2u.jpg)

EDIT: Oh, and the highlighted frame was the frame I hitted. The actual target frame is 63.

FairyWitch
15th May 2013, 6:35 AM
I'm having trouble with breeding. No, I'm not using White 2. I'm using White 1. Here's what I got. I put in Japanese Porygon and an English Ditto at the Day-Care. No Everstone is equipped on either parents. I have clicked International Parents and Ditto Parent on the RNG Reporter. After I RNG'd the Egg, it turned out to be Impish, Ability 1(Download), Alert to Sounds, and non-shiny.

Pics:
Time Finder (http://imageshack.us/a/img202/7942/help1ht.jpg)

Main Screen of the
RNG Reporter (http://imageshack.us/a/img254/1508/help2u.jpg)

you sure the parents are in the correct place when plugging in...ditto always plays as female with genderless pokemon while the genderless is the male...i just rnged a shiny porygon...

SakuraLatias
15th May 2013, 8:24 AM
you sure the parents are in the correct place when plugging in...ditto always plays as female with genderless pokemon while the genderless is the male...i just rnged a shiny porygon...

I putted in the corrected place.... Maybe I'm not hitting the actual target frame. I'm advancing with Chatot too much. I needed to find my SSF (Shifted Starting Frame), then I'll figure out my actual advances.

FairyWitch
15th May 2013, 8:28 AM
I putted in the corrected place.... Maybe I'm not hitting the actual target frame. I'm advancing with Chatot too much. I needed to find my SSF (Shifted Starting Frame), then I'll figure out my actual advances.

you look fine on the reporter its probably your not hitting your time correctly...it happens to me all the time really sakura don't worry...if you really can't hit the seed, try another...sometimes i it takes me awhile to ajust to when to hit the sec correctly..if your tiny bit to early or tiny late it messes up the whole spread...keep trying...

edit: also yeah make sure your hitting your time to find your starting frame i know this may sound crazy but i use pokecheck alot to check the pid frame and see where im at and figure out from there if i hit the time or not...

ShinyGoogleplex
20th May 2013, 11:07 AM
And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
I'll copy/paste this to three other threads to hit the proper one handling this situation of mine and to abide by forum rules.

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.

Zenotwapal
20th May 2013, 3:37 PM
And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
Hey if you expect us to give you ANY kind of help whatsoever how about you not be a total ******* about it?

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.
Firstly you're wasting your time. At this point you are performing watered down RNG abuse so why not go the full 9 yards and actually learn it?
Second of all nothing you're doing is efficient at all. Don't even attempt to "hunt" or whatever it is you do on dead battery carts. Go waste your time "hunting" on other games kid.
And your ID combo isn't "special", and you haven't made some sort of huge discovery having an ID like that. Your ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.

Just to let you know as well, everything in R/S/E has been thoroughly researched. You're not going to make any ground breaking discoveries, especially with the naivety on this topic you display. Instead of resenting the idea of RNG abuse how about you learn how to do it so you don't have to piggy back on others findings?

ShinyGoogleplex
20th May 2013, 7:57 PM
^Not appreciated at all. It's my choice not to use this method. I was only going to take advice on the starter and I am sorta seeing your point that it was a case of "ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.". Your evidently knowledgeable about the mechanics of Sapphire.

Next off I'm not a 'kid', and not an aged person 'lurking' with bad motives on this site either. I go back to 1998 North American release of Red/Blue. I was never insulting the RNG practice!!!!!!!

You're a foul-mouth and you're getting reported. I don't even think you know what you're mad at. I haven't always been so cool-headed on these forums either and I was unfair & over-reactive to a member once for which I'm sorry and offer apologies.

Hozu
20th May 2013, 10:35 PM
No offense, but if you're going to slam RNG about then why would anyone want to help you?

You can use RNG Reporter to make a very good guess at your SID based off your TID, then run a search based on that.

ShinyGoogleplex
20th May 2013, 11:27 PM
There was offense taken due to this groups paranoia. What is wrong with people here? I'm not 'dissing' or disrespecting those that choose RNG in any way! What do you 'Read' in my sentences?

We'll see when I just reclaim Zigzagoon. I'm saved passed Treecko starter so that's givin up on. Don't be ridiculous people.

Agonist
21st May 2013, 12:06 AM
There was offense taken due to this groups paranoia. What is wrong with people here? I'm not 'dissing' or disrespecting those that choose RNG in any way! What do you 'Read' in my sentences?

We'll see when I just reclaim Zigzagoon. I'm saved passed Treecko starter so that's givin up on. Don't be ridiculous people.

There is no paranoia here. You came in, spouted all kinds off ******** about RNG abuse, then you asked for help, after pretty much insulting all of us here.

Zenotwapal
21st May 2013, 12:20 AM
^Not appreciated at all. It's my choice not to use this method. I was only going to take advice on the starter and I am sorta seeing your point that it was a case of "ID/SID combo just happens to give you a presumably shitty shiny spread on a early frame.". Your evidently knowledgeable about the mechanics of Sapphire.

Next off I'm not a 'kid', and not an aged person 'lurking' with bad motives on this site either. I go back to 1998 North American release of Red/Blue. I was never insulting the RNG practice!!!!!!!

You're a foul-mouth and you're getting reported. I don't even think you know what you're mad at. I haven't always been so cool-headed on these forums either and I was unfair & over-reactive to a member once for which I'm sorry and offer apologies.

When your post begins with "I do not like the idea of RNG abuse nor practice it" You're not gonna get a nice answer. So you disapprove of the idea of RNG abuse, yet you EXPECT us to give you information and that will suddenly make you respect us more?

You obviously have NO knowledge of the RNG in pokemon games. Quit trying to act like you know "better" than us because you justify your pitiful time-inefficient "hunting" methods with morals and quotes from the games. Every user who has responded to you is much more knowledgeable on RNG abuse than you are currently. So instead of ordering answers from us like most of SPPf does, how about you take some time and actually LEARN.

bobandbill
21st May 2013, 1:50 AM
Alright, let's all take a deep breathe here.

I'll admit that parts of the first post may have been easily taken to appear rude, if that was not your intention. If so then be careful how you do word your posts in future, especially when asking for help. And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed or on the flip side accuse them of being total assholes.

ShinyGoogleplex
21st May 2013, 2:46 AM
Alright, let's all take a deep breathe here.

I'll admit that parts of the first post may have been easily taken to appear rude, if that was not your intention. If so then be careful how you do word your posts in future, especially when asking for help. And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed or on the flip side accuse them of being total assholes.

Hey Bob,
I don't use the word I underlined in italics. Your first hunch was right, that wasn't my intention. Is there a sweet, sugar-coated way of saying "I prefer not to RNG."? I start out civil with my sentence structure, being friendly, without dumbing down the reader. (the sugar-coat way.) How they all came on to me was totally unfair and I didn't deserve that. They appear as renegades on here that don't respect your moderating Bob.

Well I have this comment to say to all my critics:
http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/ShinyGoogleplex/library/Shut%20Up%20Serebii%20Jerks?sort=3&page=1

In the same frame spot Plus I had Poke balls this time! An afternoon well planned-out got me this shiny Poochyena with only about 8-9 tries. I'm puzzled why it wasn't the same nature & stats Zigzagoon, I'm happy though, I never had a gold, blue-eyed dog before.

QuoteMissy
21st May 2013, 3:03 AM
Hey Bob,
I don't use the word I underlined in italics. Your first hunch was right, that wasn't my intention. Is there a sweet, sugar-coated way of saying "I prefer not to RNG."? I start out civil with my sentence structure, being friendly, without dumbing down the reader. (the sugar-coat way.) How they all came on to me was totally unfair and I didn't deserve that. They appear as renegades on here that don't respect your moderating Bob.

Well I have this comment to say to all my critics:
http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/ShinyGoogleplex/library/Shut%20Up%20Serebii%20Jerks?sort=3&page=1

In the same frame spot Plus I had Poke balls this time! An afternoon well planned-out got me this shiny Poochyena with only about 8-9 tries. I'm puzzled why it wasn't the same nature & stats Zigzagoon, I'm happy though, I never had a gold, blue-eyed dog before.

They DO respect moderation. If you hadn't said:

And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself

This wouldn't have happened in the first place. (Saying that on a thread dedicated to RNG is a bad idea in itself) But like Hozu said, RNG Reporter/PPRNG will help determine the exact timing of your frame if you can discern your SID. Generally, frames flash by in 3rd gen 60 times a second, on a dead battery R/S and Emerald in general the frames go on repeat so if you turn on the game and encounter a pokemon at exact intervals you'll get a pokemon with the exact same stats each time.

ShinyGoogleplex
21st May 2013, 3:27 AM
^ Thanks for the additional info, you're cool.

There was nothing wrong with what I said and I had Noooooo idea it would bother so many persons, rotten persons, but persons. I wouldn't have typed it if my crystal ball was working.

I was being sincere and genuine, acted upon good faith in this "humanity".

This thread is a cult.

QuoteMissy
21st May 2013, 3:44 AM

There was nothing wrong with what I said and I had Noooooo idea it would bother so many persons, rotten persons, but persons. I wouldn't have typed it if my crystal ball was working.

This thread is a cult.

It's just that it's too easy to read "I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself" as "I prefer that RNG abusing doesn't exist even if Gamefreak permits their use" instead of "I don't RNG abuse myself and I am not planning to", especially since this thread has been attacked by real trolls (flammers/bashers).

This thread isn't a cult because many people here are big-time RNG abusers that are just defending what they believe in (even if it was against a false alarm).

And then refrain from replying back to others by calling them foul mouthed

So let's cut the name-calling shall we? Let's put this disaster to rest. ~_~

Agonist
21st May 2013, 7:15 AM

This thread is a cult.

Apparently you didn't get the point of bobandbill's post.

FairyWitch
22nd May 2013, 6:55 AM

This thread is a cult.

its how you said things is what makes everyone jump you could of just said that you not really into rnging but i like to ask a question for help to get something faster instead of saying what you said that is why people jump on what they believe in, and i don't think everyone is rotten here its a normal human response espeically on the internet. if it makes everyone clean the air i do like doing both methods, rnging for competitive purposes and shiny hunting for fun. Its just everyone target rnging is not legit which can start some stuff around here, like for example someone bashing people that take there time to mm or something, which isn't right, if it wasn't your attention please be careful what words you use around people not just this thread but around serebii, which we need to stop having these war battles who more legit it sickens me really.we need to stop talking about this now, put this to rest like qoute said and move on. we all do the same thing just one side does it faster. are lesson here today is watch what you say and don't jump so quick and do not call people profanity words.

Predaking
24th May 2013, 9:36 PM
I'm having a little trouble RNGing. I'm trying to get a shiny Litwick in White 2 on a 3DS. I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong though. I've created the profile for the game, found my seed in the time finder page, and plugged it into the first page. I went into the game at the time indicated in the time finder, including the 8 second early start-up for the 3DS.

dewey911p
24th May 2013, 9:51 PM
I'm having a little trouble RNGing. I'm trying to get a shiny Litwick in White 2 on a 3DS. I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong though. I've created the profile for the game, found my seed in the time finder page, and plugged it into the first page. I went into the game at the time indicated in the time finder, including the 8 second early start-up for the 3DS.

Well, that's not much info to go on really, but with it being a 3DS and White 2, your biggest problem will be Timer0. If you did everything else right, you are probably just missing your Timer0. Keep trying and you should eventually hit the seed. To help reduce Timer0 fluctuation you can use an external timer, such as Eon Timer, to try and consistently hit the same time. Also, you can use the pitches of chatot's cry to verify if you hit your seed.

Predaking
24th May 2013, 11:09 PM
Well, that's not much info to go on really, but with it being a 3DS and White 2, your biggest problem will be Timer0. If you did everything else right, you are probably just missing your Timer0. Keep trying and you should eventually hit the seed. To help reduce Timer0 fluctuation you can use an external timer, such as Eon Timer, to try and consistently hit the same time. Also, you can use the pitches of chatot's cry to verify if you hit your seed.

I think I'm confused as to how the timer0 actually contributes. If it helps, when picking a seed, I always choose the one with the timer0 that appeared the most in the DS parameters settings, 167E. If you don't mind me asking, how could I miss the timer0? I don't quite get that part.

Also, from what I gather from from the first page of this thread, and Smogon's RNG help page, to find how many frames you need to advance for PIDRNG, you subtract the frame that appears alongside the seed from the starting seed, and then add one. Then you can advance the frame using the Chatots. Is that incorrect?

*Edit* I should have mentioned in my first post that I am using an external timer to keep time.

dewey911p
25th May 2013, 1:33 AM
I think I'm confused as to how the timer0 actually contributes. If it helps, when picking a seed, I always choose the one with the timer0 that appeared the most in the DS parameters settings, 167E. If you don't mind me asking, how could I miss the timer0? I don't quite get that part.

Also, from what I gather from from the first page of this thread, and Smogon's RNG help page, to find how many frames you need to advance for PIDRNG, you subtract the frame that appears alongside the seed from the starting seed, and then add one. Then you can advance the frame using the Chatots. Is that incorrect?

*Edit* I should have mentioned in my first post that I am using an external timer to keep time.

Timer0 is a parameter that is hardware based (which means it is determined by the DS you are using) and is required to hit your seed. You cannot really control the Timer0, you just have to keep trying until you get the right one. It is the only parameter that fluctuates and, as such, it is the parameter value that can cause you to miss hitting the right seed. If you are using the T0 value that appeared most in your parameter search, you should be fine.

To find how many chatot flips you need to do you take the frame Time Finder gives you (your "Target Frame", or TF) and subtract that from your starting frame (SF). Then, subtract 1 from that since generating the pokemon makes a call to the RNG and thus advances the frame by 1 (From what I hear, PPRNG takes this into account already so you wouldn't need to subtract 1. So, if you are using RNGr it is TF - SF - 1, and if you are using PPRNG it is just TF - SF). IF you hit your seed and get the right IVs, but get the wrong nature, shininess, pokemon, etc, you just missed your PID frame. All you need to do is hit your seed again and adjust chatot flips.

Predaking
25th May 2013, 6:07 PM
Thanks for the help.

Just one more question. My Target frame is 58, and the starting frame is 57. Since I am using RNG Reporter, as soon as I start the game, I would immediately use Sweet Scent, right?

Nevermind, hit my seed, thanks.

FairyWitch
29th May 2013, 4:45 PM
okay guys im getting a headache is it possible to breed rng a pichu with both wish and volt tackle im coming to the conclusion you can't cuaz you need to have that light ball...thus if anyone has both its a hacked pokemon cuaz items besides the everstone messes up rng processes right?

QuoteMissy
29th May 2013, 6:37 PM
okay guys im getting a headache is it possible to breed rng a pichu with both wish and volt tackle im coming to the conclusion you can't cuaz you need to have that light ball...thus if anyone has both its a hacked pokemon cuaz items besides the everstone messes up rng processes right?

Yes, Volt Tackle comes from the Light Ball itself, I've bred Pichu with Volt Tackle and other eggmoves like Wish before. Light Ball doesn't affect the RNG at all.

FairyWitch
29th May 2013, 6:41 PM
Yes, Volt Tackle comes from the Light Ball itself, I've bred Pichu with Volt Tackle and other eggmoves like Wish before. Light Ball doesn't affect the RNG at all.

thanks qoute for answering...i did get a response from smogon ^_^ thank you very much for replying though ;)

dewey911p
30th May 2013, 1:36 AM
thanks qoute for answering...i did get a response from smogon ^_^ thank you very much for replying though ;)

Don't forget, too, that Volt Tackle isn't a normal egg move. Either parent needs to hold the light ball as it isn't passed simply if the father knows the move.

FairyWitch
30th May 2013, 8:58 AM
Don't forget, too, that Volt Tackle isn't a normal egg move. Either parent needs to hold the light ball as it isn't passed simply if the father knows the move.

yeah i know i just thought for some reason I thought it would effect me rnging the iv's but really the item does nothing...someone told me that items effect the rng process so i believed for a bit then i double checked and face palm >.< thanks though...so it must only be the bands that effect the iv rnging, which the other items don't effect at all...

dewey911p
30th May 2013, 10:36 AM
yeah i know i just thought for some reason I thought it would effect me rnging the iv's but really the item does nothing...someone told me that items effect the rng process so i believed for a bit then i double checked and face palm >.< thanks though...so it must only be the bands that effect the iv rnging, which the other items don't effect at all...

Yeah, only the power items mess with RNG breeding, and the everstone isn't supported in gen 4 either, but any other item has no effect.

FairyWitch
31st May 2013, 5:42 AM
Yeah, only the power items mess with RNG breeding, and the everstone isn't supported in gen 4 either, but any other item has no effect.

well know i know better now :p also yeah i know that already about the 4th gen since i did breed a shiny feebas from that game once...thanks though for responding dewey you always there when i need help XD as well as quotemaster ;)

||Caboose||
1st June 2013, 5:38 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't been here in a while, but I needed some help on Entralink RNG. I'm using Eon Timer v1.6 and RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA. I found a seed, set the seed to time finder to have +/- 999 delays, +/- 9 seconds, and the min frame is 1 and max frame is 40. I'm trying to hit frame 30.

My real problem is how Eon Timer messes up my results. Whenever I update Eon Timer with the seconds and delay I hit and the EL Calibration changes from 296, I can never find the IV's I hit in RNG reporter when I try the next time. Anyone know what's wrong? Should I try to use an older version of Eon timer that doesn't update EL Calibration?

Ausgirl
3rd June 2013, 2:53 AM
So uh is everyone else having problems with Smogan lately? I haven't been able to access the site for like three days now... it's starting to get annoying. I don't need help with anything atm but I like to read randomn stuff there.

Too Funk to Druck
3rd June 2013, 2:57 AM
So uh is everyone else having problems with Smogan lately? I haven't been able to access the site for like three days now... it's starting to get annoying. I don't need help with anything atm but I like to read randomn stuff there.

I believe it got hit by a DOS attack.

Ausgirl
3rd June 2013, 3:25 AM
I believe it got hit by a DOS attack.

What does this mean?

dewey911p
3rd June 2013, 3:27 AM
What does this mean?

Basically its assholes trolling on a hole new level. So many people use the server at once that it overloads the server and prevents people from using it. People aren't really using the server though, it's just people hacking.

Ausgirl
3rd June 2013, 3:37 AM
Basically its assholes trolling on a hole new level. So many people use the server at once that it overloads the server and prevents people from using it. People aren't really using the server though, it's just people hacking.

Why on earth would anyone want to hack the smogan forums? That just sounds stupid to me.

Any idea how long it'll be before the forums are up again?

Edit: The forums are back up.

||Caboose||
3rd June 2013, 8:18 AM
Nevermind. I figured out the answer to my own problem. I captured an Adamant Mamoswine in the Entree Forest. (https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4763696) I was using the old guide in the first post. It's really outdated.

Can NoDice or a mod add this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30821) to the Entralink RNG guide section in the first post please?

FairyWitch
5th June 2013, 7:24 PM
Nevermind. I figured out the answer to my own problem. I captured an Adamant Mamoswine in the Entree Forest. (https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4763696) I was using the old guide in the first post. It's really outdated.

Can NoDice or a mod add this guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30821) to the Entralink RNG guide section in the first post please?

alot of the rng guides on there are outdated i think it needs to be change not everything but most...i found a better guide for somethings for 5th gen..also you can post that mamoswine in the discuss my pokemon thread...we can share all of our rngs there ^_^ thought i help out and nice mamo XD

Scot_82
10th June 2013, 3:49 PM
I am trying to RNG a shiny Mewtwo on SS. I cannot seem to hit the right delay let alone the right seed. I am using a DSi XL. Does this have an affect on which delay I am hitting? I have successfully rng'd about 30 or so eggs on White and I know that my DSi XL has a longer "delay" than a Phat or Lite.

Also I was using 600 for my calibrated delay on zomgtimer (I am using a Mac with pprng), but found from searching through this thread that the correct calibrated delay for HGSS is around 480-500. Is that correct?

Whenever I try to hit my seed, the Elm calls do not come out as hitting any adjacent seed. Would this be remedied with using the correct calibrated delay?

There is surprisingly very little documentation on 4th gen rng using pprng. I have been reading all that I can in the reporter guides and trying to translate. For my first foray into 4th gen rng abuse, this seems a little more complicated. So any help would be great appreciated!

Hasted
10th June 2013, 6:40 PM
So, I have recently started to try to RNG for a wild Poke in White 2. I have successfully RNGed in White V1 (eggs, stationaries, Wondercards, and Wilds). I know about the Timer0 fluctuations and such in V2. I found 2 Timers that are the two most common. I picked one and went with it.
Anyways, spent forever and a day calibrating and such. I finally hit my target frame, got the nature and ability correct. The IVs were all jacked, however. I read that IVs are not static throughout these frames? Isn’t possible to get specific nature/abilities while keeping the IVs through the frame? My Time Finder shows that the IVs should be my target.
Other info if needed
Timer0: 10F5 (10F3 is second most common, not sure if relevant)
Version: White 2
DS Lite
31,30,31,30,31,30 (HP Fire)
Modest
Ability 0 (Magnet Pull)
Encounter Slot 1,7 (Magnemite)
Virbank Complex.
Normal Lead (don’t have a syncher, yet)
Method: After testing, found that the starting frame is ~25-29 higher than what it calculates. The encounter slot I was going for was 7. Unless it was a lvl 12 Magnemite I just used a master ball to catch it. I put the IVs of these fails into the Parameter thing and found which Timer0 they were. If I hit 10F5, I figured out what frame the Poke was from and adjusted my chatters. Well, after about 3 hours this morning (and other failed attempts other days), I am 95% sure I hit my frame and seed finally. Correct Nature/Ability but, as said earlier, IVs jacked.

FairyWitch
11th June 2013, 2:20 AM
I am trying to RNG a shiny Mewtwo on SS. I cannot seem to hit the right delay let alone the right seed. I am using a DSi XL. Does this have an affect on which delay I am hitting? I have successfully rng'd about 30 or so eggs on White and I know that my DSi XL has a longer "delay" than a Phat or Lite.

Also I was using 600 for my calibrated delay on zomgtimer (I am using a Mac with pprng), but found from searching through this thread that the correct calibrated delay for HGSS is around 480-500. Is that correct?

Whenever I try to hit my seed, the Elm calls do not come out as hitting any adjacent seed. Would this be remedied with using the correct calibrated delay?

There is surprisingly very little documentation on 4th gen rng using pprng. I have been reading all that I can in the reporter guides and trying to translate. For my first foray into 4th gen rng abuse, this seems a little more complicated. So any help would be great appreciated!

I wish i could help i have no problem rnging but the reason why the elm calls don't match is cuaz your not hitting the delay correctly...im not even sure if the your type of ds has anything to do with it...i use my dslite for everything and on top of it i use the windows reporter :/ so i have no clue what would be going on there...

Scot_82
12th June 2013, 5:13 AM
I wish i could help i have no problem rnging but the reason why the elm calls don't match is cuaz your not hitting the delay correctly...im not even sure if the your type of ds has anything to do with it...i use my dslite for everything and on top of it i use the windows reporter :/ so i have no clue what would be going on there...

Don't worry about it. I got it worked out! The DSi XL was not messing with my delay. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I picked a different seed with a much lower delay (sacrificing some IVs though). I was able to hit the second seed 4 times in a row until I finally nabbed Mewtwo (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/pokecheck.png/)!

dewey911p
12th June 2013, 9:06 AM
So, I have recently started to try to RNG for a wild Poke in White 2. I have successfully RNGed in White V1 (eggs, stationaries, Wondercards, and Wilds). I know about the Timer0 fluctuations and such in V2. I found 2 Timers that are the two most common. I picked one and went with it.
Anyways, spent forever and a day calibrating and such. I finally hit my target frame, got the nature and ability correct. The IVs were all jacked, however. I read that IVs are not static throughout these frames? Isn’t possible to get specific nature/abilities while keeping the IVs through the frame? My Time Finder shows that the IVs should be my target.
Other info if needed
Timer0: 10F5 (10F3 is second most common, not sure if relevant)
Version: White 2
DS Lite
31,30,31,30,31,30 (HP Fire)
Modest
Ability 0 (Magnet Pull)
Encounter Slot 1,7 (Magnemite)
Virbank Complex.
Normal Lead (don’t have a syncher, yet)
Method: After testing, found that the starting frame is ~25-29 higher than what it calculates. The encounter slot I was going for was 7. Unless it was a lvl 12 Magnemite I just used a master ball to catch it. I put the IVs of these fails into the Parameter thing and found which Timer0 they were. If I hit 10F5, I figured out what frame the Poke was from and adjusted my chatters. Well, after about 3 hours this morning (and other failed attempts other days), I am 95% sure I hit my frame and seed finally. Correct Nature/Ability but, as said earlier, IVs jacked.

I'm not sure what you heard about the IVs not being consistent, but the IVs don't change. IVs are determined the same way in B/W2 as they were in B/W, so as long as you don't walk, get in a battle, turn on the C-Gear, or take a pokemon into your party, the IVs won't change. It sounds like you did not hit your seed, however. If the IVs didn't match up then that means you did not hit the seed and the nature/pokemon matching up was probably just luck.

Another thing to check is your Time finder. Make sure you seed searched using the right profile and make sure your min/max IV frame is set to 1. If the max frame is higher than 1, then make sure you advance the IV RNG before advancing the PIDRNG.

One other thing to note, make sure you mark the Black/White2 checkbox in the main window before you calculate the initial PIDRNG value. The PID frame is higher for B/W2 and if you do not mark that check box, your PID frame will be off, as you mentioned.

Hasted
13th June 2013, 2:16 PM
I'm not sure what you heard about the IVs not being consistent, but the IVs don't change. IVs are determined the same way in B/W2 as they were in B/W, so as long as you don't walk, get in a battle, turn on the C-Gear, or take a pokemon into your party, the IVs won't change. It sounds like you did not hit your seed, however. If the IVs didn't match up then that means you did not hit the seed and the nature/pokemon matching up was probably just luck.

Another thing to check is your Time finder. Make sure you seed searched using the right profile and make sure your min/max IV frame is set to 1. If the max frame is higher than 1, then make sure you advance the IV RNG before advancing the PIDRNG.

One other thing to note, make sure you mark the Black/White2 checkbox in the main window before you calculate the initial PIDRNG value. The PID frame is higher for B/W2 and if you do not mark that check box, your PID frame will be off, as you mentioned.

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.
And about the IVs changing from frames. I must have read someone's post wrong and assumed they meant PID frames when they were talking about IV frames. Ignore that part.
Attempting my catch again this morning! There is a moving NPC in the area so it is a pain with the fluctuating Timer0. :D

Also, thanks for the help!

Edit: Well after 6 or so hours of trying to get my Magnemite... I keep hitting the 2 frames around him. I chatter 67 times for ever and hit the stupid Koffing before him multiple times. Start chatting 68 times and then hit the male Koffing after him! :|

Edit2: This entire time I was in Virbank Complex trying to get a Magnemite. I got frustrated after many hours. I make a trip to P2 Labs just to see if a Magneton would be easier due to less people around? 2nd try I get it... So, if anyone is attempting to RNG for a Magne(ton,zone,mite), I would suggest going to P2 instead. :|

SakuraLatias
14th June 2013, 6:57 AM
I got a question. I know that saving advances by one frame in B/W, does this apply to all Gen IV games? I'm going to RNG Giratina at the Distortion World in Platinum.

dewey911p
14th June 2013, 10:22 AM
I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.
And about the IVs changing from frames. I must have read someone's post wrong and assumed they meant PID frames when they were talking about IV frames. Ignore that part.
Attempting my catch again this morning! There is a moving NPC in the area so it is a pain with the fluctuating Timer0. :D

Also, thanks for the help!

Edit: Well after 6 or so hours of trying to get my Magnemite... I keep hitting the 2 frames around him. I chatter 67 times for ever and hit the stupid Koffing before him multiple times. Start chatting 68 times and then hit the male Koffing after him! :|

Edit2: This entire time I was in Virbank Complex trying to get a Magnemite. I got frustrated after many hours. I make a trip to P2 Labs just to see if a Magneton would be easier due to less people around? 2nd try I get it... So, if anyone is attempting to RNG for a Magne(ton,zone,mite), I would suggest going to P2 instead. :|

Why didn't you just RNG Magnemite in the outside section of Verbank Complex where there are no NPCs to deal with? Either way, at least you got it, so congrats =)

I got a question. I know that saving advances by one frame in B/W, does this apply to all Gen IV games? I'm going to RNG Giratina at the Distortion World in Platinum.

I'm not sure, but I think so. Why not just use journal flips and relaod the overworld to advance the frame? (Or Chatot, but since you are asking, I assume you don;t have any on you).

SakuraLatias
14th June 2013, 5:52 PM
I'm not sure, but I think so. Why not just use journal flips and relaod the overworld to advance the frame? (Or Chatot, but since you are asking, I assume you don;t have any on you).

Once Giratina appears, but not engaging to a battle, I'm planning to grab Chatot and the necessary Synchronizer to RNG.

Myrrh
22nd June 2013, 10:13 PM
When I press A on say, xx:30, enough time passes before the game starts to load so that it starts on xx:31 instead. Now, when trying to hit my target time i've been hitting A a second before with seemingly no problem when I RNG on Black 1. If I want to find my parameters for RNGing on Black 2 should I keep doing this, or press A exactly on whatever arbitrary time I choose and then adjust after? Reason I ask is because when I parameter searched on my Black 1 I didn't press A a second early until after I found them.

Hopsin
22nd June 2013, 10:19 PM
Im trying to set my DSi Parameters but Idk which one is more common because the seeds come out 50% of the time when I am trying to set parameters as seen below

AC VCount Timer0 Gxstat VFrame Seed
30 8C 123D 6 8 13ECAF77796E0CFE
30 8C 123C 6 8 62285E9939311A05

But the one with the Timer0:123D has two I put the ones I'm hitting at 30sec, the second result being 34 Sec Vcount:87 Timer0:1293 same Gxstat VFrame: D and seed:4288665D42B61202

Does this mean I should use seed with Timer0:123C?

Agonist
23rd June 2013, 1:13 AM
Just use both of them.

FairyWitch
23rd June 2013, 3:48 AM
Im trying to set my DSi Parameters but Idk which one is more common because the seeds come out 50% of the time when I am trying to set parameters as seen below

AC VCount Timer0 Gxstat VFrame Seed

But the one with the Timer0:123D has two I put the ones I'm hitting at 30sec, the second result being 34 Sec Vcount:87 Timer0:1293 same Gxstat VFrame: D and seed:4288665D42B61202

Does this mean I should use seed with Timer0:123C?

i really don't understand why your getting so much results for a bw1 cartiage but do what agonist says try both of them...if one works better then the other just use the one that hits your seed correctly...make sure you get the correct time on your capture that can give results...you said on my vm's your using black version correct?

dewey911p
23rd June 2013, 5:01 AM
When I press A on say, xx:30, enough time passes before the game starts to load so that it starts on xx:31 instead. Now, when trying to hit my target time i've been hitting A a second before with seemingly no problem when I RNG on Black 1. If I want to find my parameters for RNGing on Black 2 should I keep doing this, or press A exactly on whatever arbitrary time I choose and then adjust after? Reason I ask is because when I parameter searched on my Black 1 I didn't press A a second early until after I found them.

The delay is 1 second when using a DS Lite, and since you know this already, just ignore the actual seconds part of the parameter search. When I did my searches for Black 2 I would just put the seconds I thought I hit (I didn't pay much attention to that part) and if the actual seconds was 1 or 2 over, I just ignored that.

Pingouin7
24th June 2013, 6:15 AM
Man, I'm starting to get annoyed. Trying to RNG my ID number in HeartGold, and for some reason I'm randomly hitting seeds located at 1 second earlier than my actual target seed.
I put the seconds at 30 in Seed To Time, but I often end up getting seeds at 29 seconds instead of at 30 (The same happened when I was using 3 seconds, would get results at 2 seconds instead.)
One time I even ended up getting the right frame, but with the seed 1 second earlier, which was pretty annoying.
I find it strange, because I'm convinced I typed the right numbers in the right boxes in EonTimer (removing 3 seconds from my target second since I'm in HG/SS) and I didn't have that problem when I did it in SS just a little bit over 1 hour ago. :/ Didn't get that problem in Platinum either.
Maybe it's because I'm hitting the A button just a little bit too early, thus making the game choose a seed from a second earlier? Or is there a difference between the Japanese and English versions of HG/SS? (My SS is Japanese while my HG is English.)

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, it'd be appreciated if you could point it out :3
I'm going to keep on trying, hopefully I don't get trolled too much and get the ID I want.

FairyWitch
25th June 2013, 5:30 AM
Man, I'm starting to get annoyed. Trying to RNG my ID number in HeartGold, and for some reason I'm randomly hitting seeds located at 1 second earlier than my actual target seed.
I put the seconds at 30 in Seed To Time, but I often end up getting seeds at 29 seconds instead of at 30 (The same happened when I was using 3 seconds, would get results at 2 seconds instead.)
One time I even ended up getting the right frame, but with the seed 1 second earlier, which was pretty annoying.
I find it strange, because I'm convinced I typed the right numbers in the right boxes in EonTimer (removing 3 seconds from my target second since I'm in HG/SS) and I didn't have that problem when I did it in SS just a little bit over 1 hour ago. :/ Didn't get that problem in Platinum either.
Maybe it's because I'm hitting the A button just a little bit too early, thus making the game choose a seed from a second earlier? Or is there a difference between the Japanese and English versions of HG/SS? (My SS is Japanese while my HG is English.)

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, it'd be appreciated if you could point it out :3
I'm going to keep on trying, hopefully I don't get trolled too much and get the ID I want.

for id abuse for 4th gen make sure to have the eon timer input 27 for the Target Seconds if you didn't do that...as well as make sure to match up your beeps correctly with your button hits cuaz if you miss one sec before or less you get a totally different id#...it took me like maybe 5 to 10 tries to hit my id i wanted...

Pingouin7
25th June 2013, 5:43 AM
I already have EonTimer using the right Target Seconds (I told Seed To Time to use 3 seconds so that I could just put 0 as the target seconds), I did the exact same thing in SoulSilver and it worked without any problems.
For some reason, HeartGold is giving me trouble when trying to do the same thing.
As for matching up the beeps with my button hits... I don't think I'm hitting A one second earlier on accident.

I've tried changing what ID/SID combination I was trying to hit, in case the problems only applied to that specific combiation, but I had the same problem no matter what I was trying to get.
I've just put HeartGold aside for now until I can figure out the problem, but thanks for trying to help.

Edit: I figured it out; Switching my seconds to 2 in Seed To Time and putting 0 in Target Sec. did the trick (basically telling EonTimer to use a Target Sec. of 2 less than the seconds in Seed To Time instead of 3 less.)

Ausgirl
27th June 2013, 9:00 AM
It looks like Smogon is down again -anyway I was wondering if there was a good Entralink abuse guide that's specifically for BW2? I know that there's a few differences and that it's supposed to be easier in these versions.

Agonist
27th June 2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it was hacked again.

Anyway, in BW2, it just uses a standard IV seed on frame 25. The PIDRNG still advances at the same rate as BW1, but you no longer have the hassle of hitting your c-gear seeds.

FairyWitch
27th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it was hacked again.

Anyway, in BW2, it just uses a standard IV seed on frame 25. The PIDRNG still advances at the same rate as BW1, but you no longer have the hassle of hitting your c-gear seeds.

dear god i needed to get on smogon too -_______________________- oh well anyone direct me to rnging dream radar rnging with a windows reporter? i don't pprng and i don't have mac...i finally got a 3ds and want to rng the therians but i want to practice on the little captures first...

dewey911p
28th June 2013, 12:05 PM
dear god i needed to get on smogon too -_______________________- oh well anyone direct me to rnging dream radar rnging with a windows reporter? i don't pprng and i don't have mac...i finally got a 3ds and want to rng the therians but i want to practice on the little captures first...

Yeah, RNGer Aaron wrote a great guide on how to RNG the DR using researcher and RNGr ... it's on Smogon though ... ... ... Yeah.

Zenotwapal
29th June 2013, 1:09 PM
Alright so recently I've gotten back into RNGing and I've started abusing legends in the 4th gen. I caught a Shiny Impish Giratina with ease and moved on to my HG cart.
A few months ago I RNGed the TID/SID combo in HG/SS/Pt to give me a few good shiny spreads. The first poke I decided to go after in HG is a Shiny Timid Kyogre. I entered my seed into the time finder and chose a date I liked with a reasonable delay. (my target delay is 1644)
I entered my delay into the EonTimer and began RNGing. I get into the game and attempted to verify my delay/seed

Instead of doing traditional Elm calls (or juggler calls) I decided to do Roamer verification since its supposedly much quicker. This is where I am having major problems. Every time I input the location of my 3 roamers from the C-Gear map into the Reporter, it always tells me "no result". I've tried hitting my delay about 15 times and this happens every time. It obviously isn't me; I know how to hit delays, I can't be THAT far off.
Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Am I doing Roamer Verification right?

dewey911p
29th June 2013, 4:54 PM
Alright so recently I've gotten back into RNGing and I've started abusing legends in the 4th gen. I caught a Shiny Impish Giratina with ease and moved on to my HG cart.
A few months ago I RNGed the TID/SID combo in HG/SS/Pt to give me a few good shiny spreads. The first poke I decided to go after in HG is a Shiny Timid Kyogre. I entered my seed into the time finder and chose a date I liked with a reasonable delay. (my target delay is 1644)
I entered my delay into the EonTimer and began RNGing. I get into the game and attempted to verify my delay/seed

Instead of doing traditional Elm calls (or juggler calls) I decided to do Roamer verification since its supposedly much quicker. This is where I am having major problems. Every time I input the location of my 3 roamers from the C-Gear map into the Reporter, it always tells me "no result". I've tried hitting my delay about 15 times and this happens every time. It obviously isn't me; I know how to hit delays, I can't be THAT far off.
Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Am I doing Roamer Verification right?

Roamer verification can be tricky. First, you need to save your game and mark down the location of the roamers after you saved it in Seed to Time. Then make sure to hit generate on top and on the bottom once you picked the day you want. (All basic stuff I would assume you already know/did, but just to cover the bases). This should yield accurate roamer locations. However, sometimes even when you enter in the information correctly the roamers can still be a different routs that what Seed to time sys. If you do all the steps right it shouldn't happen often, but I have had it happen to me a few times. If you are trying to do roamer verification and you do not get any results, switch toi Elm/Irwin calls to verify your seed.

Zenotwapal
29th June 2013, 5:00 PM
Roamer verification can be tricky. First, you need to save your game and mark down the location of the roamers after you saved it in Seed to Time. Then make sure to hit generate on top and on the bottom once you picked the day you want. (All basic stuff I would assume you already know/did, but just to cover the bases). This should yield accurate roamer locations. However, sometimes even when you enter in the information correctly the roamers can still be a different routs that what Seed to time sys. If you do all the steps right it shouldn't happen often, but I have had it happen to me a few times. If you are trying to do roamer verification and you do not get any results, switch toi Elm/Irwin calls to verify your seed.
I've done all that you've stated. Before starting, yet it still gives me no result.
Problem is that my frame is kinda low, I have like 8 elm calls to make. Should that be enough to verify my seed?

dewey911p
29th June 2013, 9:24 PM
I've done all that you've stated. Before starting, yet it still gives me no result.
Problem is that my frame is kinda low, I have like 8 elm calls to make. Should that be enough to verify my seed?

That should be fine. It may not be enough to verify with certainty, but if the first 7 match up, just encounter the pokemon. If the first 7 do not match up, just keep calling to find how far off you were.

FairyWitch
1st July 2013, 1:10 AM
Yeah, RNGer Aaron wrote a great guide on how to RNG the DR using researcher and RNGr ... it's on Smogon though ... ... ... Yeah.

dang i really wanted to look all the guides especially the emulator guides im actually might try 3rd gen emulator rnging but i don't know how thats gunna go when smogon on my side is still down...i hope it comes back up soon...i really want to learn >.> as well as the dream world stuff...

Ausgirl
1st July 2013, 6:10 AM
dang i really wanted to look all the guides especially the emulator guides im actually might try 3rd gen emulator rnging but i don't know how thats gunna go when smogon on my side is still down...i hope it comes back up soon...i really want to learn >.> as well as the dream world stuff...

I know but last time this happened it was only down for three days so hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

Anyway, I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on HG. I'm still a bit confused about how I'm supposed to hit both delays needed to get the shiny pokemon and flawless IVs. I think I'm supposed to do the following:

-Hit the delay for the PID frame
-Advance the frames using Elm calls
-Generate the egg
-Save in front of the old man and turn of the game
-Start up the game again and hit the delay for the IVs
-Advance the frames by using Joey calls
-Collect the egg

Is this right? Or have I misunderstood something?

DareDevin
2nd July 2013, 12:39 PM
hello there.
i have got a problem with the new version of rng reporter (9.96.5). every time i want to start it, it immediately crashes. version 9.95 works absolutely fine. my computer runs on windows 7, 32-bit version. i already tried to uninstall and reinstall .net framework, as recommended by a user with the same problem in this thread, but that didn't work for me. does anyone know what to do? please help!!

edit: i solved the problem. there was an xml-file "rngreporter.exe.xml" in the folder which contains settings for rng reporter. it seems to be from an older installation. i removed the file, and the rng reporter startet. maybe this is helpful for anyone with the same problem.

zX-vindictive-Xz
3rd July 2013, 5:11 AM
hello Pokemon people i need help rnging in Pokemon black 2. so far i have been able to rng stationary Pokemon with successful results but now i want to rng wild pokemon but when i click on the encounter table for black 2 instead of telling the name of the area it says location and some random numbers and letters but back in the 1st black version it would say the name of the area like abundant shrine. is this just because of a lack of update or is there some sort of way to know what area location 1 location 2-A and ect is? please HELP ME!

dewey911p
3rd July 2013, 8:04 PM
I know but last time this happened it was only down for three days so hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

Anyway, I'm trying to RNG shiny flawless eggs on HG. I'm still a bit confused about how I'm supposed to hit both delays needed to get the shiny pokemon and flawless IVs. I think I'm supposed to do the following:

-Hit the delay for the PID frame
-Advance the frames using Elm calls
-Generate the egg
-Save in front of the old man and turn of the game
-Start up the game again and hit the delay for the IVs
-Advance the frames by using Joey calls
-Collect the egg

Is this right? Or have I misunderstood something?

For the PIDRNG you really should just use a frame of 1. It is really easy to find a low delay on frame 1 that matches all of your criteria so there really is no need to use a frame any higher. If you want to use a higher frame, however, you can either call Joey or reject the egg. For example, if you want to use an egg frame of 3, you could either call Joey once (make sure he isn't waiting to rebattle you and remember that Joey will advance the RNGs by 2 frames, not one) and then generate the egg, or you can generate the egg, reject the first egg, generate the second egg, reject the second egg, and generate the third egg. That will be the egg you save and collect. It is recommended that you hatch the egg first to verify that iut is shiny, right ability, nature, gender, etc, that way you don't waste time hitting an IV delay to realize you missed the PID, but that isn't necessary.

As for the IVs, the process is the same. Hit delay, verify using Elm calls (Joey calls will work, but bear in mind that they advance the frame by 2, not 1, and they cannot be verified like Elm/Irwin calls can) collect egg and hope that one NPC didn't screw you over. Also, bear in mind that because of that one NPC, your starting frame might be higher. It is advisable you use a frame of 10+ for IVs so you have enough frames to verify your seed without passing your frame.

That's about it, pretty straightforward once you can hit a delay.

hello Pokemon people i need help rnging in Pokemon black 2. so far i have been able to rng stationary Pokemon with successful results but now i want to rng wild pokemon but when i click on the encounter table for black 2 instead of telling the name of the area it says location and some random numbers and letters but back in the 1st black version it would say the name of the area like abundant shrine. is this just because of a lack of update or is there some sort of way to know what area location 1 location 2-A and ect is? please HELP ME!

There is an updated version on Smogon ... but that isn't really an option at the moment. What I do is just find the pokemon I want and check the locations on Serebii's pokedex. For example, say you want a Magnemite and you see that they are catchable at locations 46 and 47. Go to the dex and go to the detailed page of Magnemuite locations (it looks like this (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/081.shtml#white2)) and you see the areas Magnemite is available are Virbank complex inside and outside. To find which is 46 and which is 47 you would go back to the encounter table and look at the levels. Location 46 has a lvl 10 and lvl 11 Magnemite and location 47 has a lvl 10 and lvl 12 Magenmite. Since the dex says Magnemite can only be caught at lvl 12 in the insiode portion of Virbank Complex, you now know location 46 us Virbank Complex outside and location 47 is Virbank Complex Inside. Ergo, Magnemite is on slots 3 and 7 for the outside portion of Virbank Complex (location 46) and slots 1 and 7 for the inside portion (location 47).

This may not always work with all locations, but you should be able to find one location for each pokemon, if not all of the locations, this way.

MSK
3rd July 2013, 9:42 PM
Hi Guys

Well I'm panicking about having the time to pick up all the Arceus I have sitting in various DW accounts before they take it down and I can't get them out. So I've set myself up to RNG them and I forgot just how hard entralink RNg really is :(
Plus as smogon is down I can't even reference the guide!! So can someone remind me how to use the eontimer (ie at which points do I press buttons etc on the 3 stage timer?)
As far as I remember, I start the timer at the same time I set my DS clock which is x minutes before my desired seed (x being the number eontimer tells me), this timer should finish at the time my Nature seed is so I press my relevant buttons and hit A to start game at that exact moment (if it's a little off I go by the Nature seed time). This starts the 2nd timer, now here's where I forget . . do I get to the menu to enter game and wait there til 2nd timer finishes then press A to enter game letting the c-gear turn on? This starts the 3rd timer at which point I am in game and get to the point where it says x warped to the entralink, I now wait and as 3rd timer finishes I hit A to go in, then catch my Arceus, check it's IV's to see how far off I was and adjust eontimer accordingly etc etc.

Someone please confirm, Thanks

dewey911p
3rd July 2013, 9:58 PM
Hi Guys

Well I'm panicking about having the time to pick up all the Arceus I have sitting in various DW accounts before they take it down and I can't get them out. So I've set myself up to RNG them and I forgot just how hard entralink RNg really is :(
Plus as smogon is down I can't even reference the guide!! So can someone remind me how to use the eontimer (ie at which points do I press buttons etc on the 3 stage timer?)
As far as I remember, I start the timer at the same time I set my DS clock which is x minutes before my desired seed (x being the number eontimer tells me), this timer should finish at the time my Nature seed is so I press my relevant buttons and hit A to start game at that exact moment (if it's a little off I go by the Nature seed time). This starts the 2nd timer, now here's where I forget . . do I get to the menu to enter game and wait there til 2nd timer finishes then press A to enter game letting the c-gear turn on? This starts the 3rd timer at which point I am in game and get to the point where it says x warped to the entralink, I now wait and as 3rd timer finishes I hit A to go in, then catch my Arceus, check it's IV's to see how far off I was and adjust eontimer accordingly etc etc.

Someone please confirm, Thanks

At the end of the first timer you launch the game from the main menu (or SR if you prefer), at the end of the second timer you hit a to warp to the entralink from the "____ warped to the entralink" dialogue box (this is also the time at which you need to start the third timer) and finally, you hit A to start the battle at the end of the third and final timer. You should talk to the pokemon and select "Yes" when it asks if you want Arceus to join you at the end of the third timer.

Remember, do NOT turn on the C-gear until you are in game. The PID frame will start to advance as soon as it is on so you want to minimize the advancements it does before the final timer starts. The C-Gear will not advance the frame at the "____ has warped to the entralink" message so you need to turn on the C-gear in game and get to that point as fast as you can.

MSK
3rd July 2013, 10:07 PM
At the end of the first timer you launch the game from the main menu (or SR if you prefer), at the end of the second timer you hit a to warp to the entralink from the "____ warped to the entralink" dialogue box (this is also the time at which you need to start the third timer) and finally, you hit A to start the battle at the end of the third and final timer. You should talk to the pokemon and select "Yes" when it asks if you want Arceus to join you at the end of the third timer.

Remember, do NOT turn on the C-gear until you are in game. The PID frame will start to advance as soon as it is on so you want to minimize the advancements it does before the final timer starts. The C-Gear will not advance the frame at the "____ has warped to the entralink" message so you need to turn on the C-gear in game and get to that point as fast as you can.

Thanks Dewey, just needed that clarification, right off I go to get the first Arceus . . . this could take a while lol ;)

Sorry Dewey me again, on that 3rd timer I get to Arceus, do I stand next to him letting him move then hit A when timer finishes, or do I talk to him straight away and get to the Arceus wants to join you team screen then hit A on yes at end of timer?
Thanks again ;)

dewey911p
3rd July 2013, 10:51 PM
or do I talk to him straight away and get to the Arceus wants to join you team screen then hit A on yes at end of timer?
Thanks again ;)

This. Any pokemon that move are WNPCs and they will throw off your PID frame. If you have more than just the pokemon you are RNGing in your forest, move them to the deepest clearing so that only your target is left there. Talk to it as soon as you get there to stop it from moving too much and hit A to select "Yes" at the end of the third timer. Don't worry if you have more than one pokemon in the forest and need to move them back, you can always move your next target out again when it is time to RNG them.

MSK
3rd July 2013, 11:09 PM
This. Any pokemon that move are WNPCs and they will throw off your PID frame. If you have more than just the pokemon you are RNGing in your forest, move them to the deepest clearing so that only your target is left there. Talk to it as soon as you get there to stop it from moving too much and hit A to select "Yes" at the end of the third timer. Don't worry if you have more than one pokemon in the forest and need to move them back, you can always move your next target out again when it is time to RNG them.

Thanks again, that's what I thought, only had 2 other event pokes in forest (Lucario and Porygon) and I'm not bothering to RNG them anyway so I'll take them out completely to make sure.
Had a couple of goes and been couple of seconds and frames out so need to do a bit of calibration, hopefully won't take me too long I need to do 2 Arceus a week to get them all done in time!! :( lol

dewey911p
3rd July 2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks again, that's what I thought, only had 2 other event pokes in forest (Lucario and Porygon) and I'm not bothering to RNG them anyway so I'll take them out completely to make sure.
Had a couple of goes and been couple of seconds and frames out so need to do a bit of calibration, hopefully won't take me too long I need to do 2 Arceus a week to get them all done in time!! :( lol

It's not like the PGL going down and switching over to gen 6 will remove the pokemon from your game or anything you know. As long as you have them in your game and not sitting in PGL, you can take as much time as you need.

MSK
4th July 2013, 5:19 AM
It's not like the PGL going down and switching over to gen 6 will remove the pokemon from your game or anything you know. As long as you have them in your game and not sitting in PGL, you can take as much time as you need.

That's the problem, they are all sitting in the PGL. I created a load of dummy accounts to get 17 Arceus (one for each type) and I have a spare White cart which I've been playing through to the point I get c-gear, RNG it and then reset to do the next account. So I've gotta hurry :( lol

zX-vindictive-Xz
4th July 2013, 6:10 AM
For the PIDRNG you really should just use a frame of 1. It is really easy to find a low delay on frame 1 that matches all of your criteria so there really is no need to use a frame any higher. If you want to use a higher frame, however, you can either call Joey or reject the egg. For example, if you want to use an egg frame of 3, you could either call Joey once (make sure he isn't waiting to rebattle you and remember that Joey will advance the RNGs by 2 frames, not one) and then generate the egg, or you can generate the egg, reject the first egg, generate the second egg, reject the second egg, and generate the third egg. That will be the egg you save and collect. It is recommended that you hatch the egg first to verify that iut is shiny, right ability, nature, gender, etc, that way you don't waste time hitting an IV delay to realize you missed the PID, but that isn't necessary.

As for the IVs, the process is the same. Hit delay, verify using Elm calls (Joey calls will work, but bear in mind that they advance the frame by 2, not 1, and they cannot be verified like Elm/Irwin calls can) collect egg and hope that one NPC didn't screw you over. Also, bear in mind that because of that one NPC, your starting frame might be higher. It is advisable you use a frame of 10+ for IVs so you have enough frames to verify your seed without passing your frame.

There is an updated version on Smogon ... but that isn't really an option at the moment. What I do is just find the pokemon I want and check the locations on Serebii's pokedex. For example, say you want a Magnemite and you see that they are catchable at locations 46 and 47. Go to the dex and go to the detailed page of Magnemuite locations (it looks like this (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/081.shtml#white2)) and you see the areas Magnemite is available are Virbank complex inside and outside. To find which is 46 and which is 47 you would go back to the encounter table and look at the levels. Location 46 has a lvl 10 and lvl 11 Magnemite and location 47 has a lvl 10 and lvl 12 Magenmite. Since the dex says Magnemite can only be caught at lvl 12 in the insiode portion of Virbank Complex, you now know location 46 us Virbank Complex outside and location 47 is Virbank Complex Inside. Ergo, Magnemite is on slots 3 and 7 for the outside portion of Virbank Complex (location 46) and slots 1 and 7 for the inside portion (location 47).

This may not always work with all locations, but you should be able to find one location for each pokemon, if not all of the locations, this way. So when smogon gets going again I'll be able to find a updated Version of the black 2 encounterc table Correct?

Ausgirl
4th July 2013, 9:47 AM

This may not always work with all locations, but you should be able to find one location for each pokemon, if not all of the locations, this way.

So I take it that I have to stop advancing the frames right on the desired PID frame and that it's the same for the IVs?

dewey911p
4th July 2013, 11:44 AM
So I take it that I have to stop advancing the frames right on the desired PID frame and that it's the same for the IVs?

Always stop 1 frame before your target. Generating the pokemon/egg/anything makes a call to the RNG and advances it by one. If you need frame 10, stop on frame 9 and generating the Egg/pokemon will make a call to the RNG and return the value for frame 10.

Ausgirl
4th July 2013, 1:01 PM
Always stop 1 frame before your target. Generating the pokemon/egg/anything makes a call to the RNG and advances it by one. If you need frame 10, stop on frame 9 and generating the Egg/pokemon will make a call to the RNG and return the value for frame 10.

Alright, thanks for the help.

SakuraLatias
4th July 2013, 10:03 PM
I know that Smogon is down. I want to RNG DW Pokemon on my W2, there's so much Timer0 though. Can I have the basics of RNGing DW Pokemon? (E.g. starting frame for C-Gear) :3

EmiiLava
4th July 2013, 11:47 PM
Hi, I'm trying to RNG a Entralink DW Piplup I got a long while back that is still sitting in my extralink. Can any of you send me a link for the timer used to entralink RNG in Black 2 and what settings to imput?

FairyWitch
5th July 2013, 4:16 AM
Hi, I'm trying to RNG a Entralink DW Piplup I got a long while back that is still sitting in my extralink. Can any of you send me a link for the timer used to entralink RNG in Black 2 and what settings to imput?

sadly smogon is still doing matenence :/ once they get back up and running we can give you a site lava im getting a we will be back shortly notice at the moment still...they got hit with that same hacker as us...

dewey911p
5th July 2013, 10:13 AM

Eon timer. You just need to hit your seed, then when you warp to the entralink you put the time displayed in RNGr's main window under PIDRNG --> Entralink into Eon Timer. The time will be displayed next to the frames, so just pick a frame you want, and use the time next to it.

MSK
6th July 2013, 1:39 AM
Hey Dewey, need some more assistance lol
So I'm aiming for a delay of 3737, I've just hit 3740 amd then 3739 so I'm getting closer. But what I've noticed is I'm hitting the IV's 1 after those I need on these frames.
In other words my list of IV's is y y y 31,30,31,31,31,31, y y y y y so there are 5 more after the ones I want to hit, but on the 2 previous tries I've only had 4 more IV's after those I've hit.
Where am I going wrong on hitting the right IV's? What do I need to adjust? My frame is 21 and I have only 1 poke in my party and I easily get to Arceus before 128 steps pass. I'm sure I remember something about when the step count begins and how to reset it would that be my problem?

Ausgirl
6th July 2013, 2:40 AM
sadly smogon is still doing matenence :/ once they get back up and running we can give you a site lava im getting a we will be back shortly notice at the moment still...they got hit with that same hacker as us...

I just checked too and yeah I got the same message. It's funny (in an annoying sort of way) cos in the last few days it was like Smogon dropped of the face of the planet, the site wouldn't come up in any of my searches. So we have a new forum now. I wonder if this means that our post count and everything will be reset? I'd just created a trade shop on Smogon with all of my best RNGed pokemon before it got hacked.

Pingouin7
6th July 2013, 3:56 AM
I'm positive everything will be kept, they're just taking all the data from the vBulletin forum and porting it over to the XenForo one.

Ausgirl
6th July 2013, 4:08 AM
I'm positive everything will be kept, they're just taking all the data from the vBulletin forum and porting it over to the XenForo one.

Ah OK I'd just resigned to the fact that Smogon will take a while to get back up and now I'm obsessively checking the site again, lol. Thankyou Eeveelover824.

Any idea how long it should take? I really need to look at there guides and such.

Agonist
6th July 2013, 4:19 AM
It'll take as long as it takes. You could always hop on #pokemon on synirc, and see if chaos posts anything about the progress.

dewey911p
6th July 2013, 4:33 AM
Hey Dewey, need some more assistance lol
So I'm aiming for a delay of 3737, I've just hit 3740 amd then 3739 so I'm getting closer. But what I've noticed is I'm hitting the IV's 1 after those I need on these frames.
In other words my list of IV's is y y y 31,30,31,31,31,31, y y y y y so there are 5 more after the ones I want to hit, but on the 2 previous tries I've only had 4 more IV's after those I've hit.
Where am I going wrong on hitting the right IV's? What do I need to adjust? My frame is 21 and I have only 1 poke in my party and I easily get to Arceus before 128 steps pass. I'm sure I remember something about when the step count begins and how to reset it would that be my problem?

Since you have only 1 pokemon in your party, and since your IV frame is advanced by 1, it's obvious that you are tripping the step counter on your way to Arceus. Just run around for about 50 or so steps, save the game, and go from there. That should take care of the issue. If you are still tripping the step counter, take a few more steps, save, and repeat.

MSK
6th July 2013, 10:16 AM
Since you have only 1 pokemon in your party, and since your IV frame is advanced by 1, it's obvious that you are tripping the step counter on your way to Arceus. Just run around for about 50 or so steps, save the game, and go from there. That should take care of the issue. If you are still tripping the step counter, take a few more steps, save, and repeat.

I thought that's probably what it was, thanks again. Getting there slowly lol

Ausgirl
6th July 2013, 1:21 PM
Just letting everyone know that the Smogon forums are back up!

MSK
7th July 2013, 6:56 PM
Hey Dewey, yes it's me again!! So I'm now hitting the right IV's the right time etc consistently but my delay is oh so slightly out just keep going over I'm aiming for 3737 but I keep hitting 3738-3743. I don't want to keep adjusting the eon timer cos I find that messes me up completely so I'm assuming hitting A a fraction earlier on one of the timers will get me the right results but which timer 2nd (to warp to entralink) or 3rd (to encounter Arceus). I was thinking 3rd which is what I'm trying but would like clarification. Thanks.
Then it really is just down to how quick my fingers are!!!

dewey911p
7th July 2013, 9:22 PM
Hey Dewey, yes it's me again!! So I'm now hitting the right IV's the right time etc consistently but my delay is oh so slightly out just keep going over I'm aiming for 3737 but I keep hitting 3738-3743. I don't want to keep adjusting the eon timer cos I find that messes me up completely so I'm assuming hitting A a fraction earlier on one of the timers will get me the right results but which timer 2nd (to warp to entralink) or 3rd (to encounter Arceus). I was thinking 3rd which is what I'm trying but would like clarification. Thanks.
Then it really is just down to how quick my fingers are!!!

The second timer. The third timer is just for the nature so you can time how long the C-gear is on, but the first two stage timer is to hit the C-gear delay.

Ausgirl
14th July 2013, 3:29 PM
I have a question regarding TID SID abuse in HG. My usual delay is 495 so I chose a TID SID which had a similar delay, that is 499. So I currently have both the calibrated and target delay set to 499. Should I choose a higher/lower delay for this kind of RNG cos atm I can't get it to work. Also apparently the 2nd timer is supposed to end at the screen where Oak says "I'll see you later" the timer always ends way before that, help please?

Pingouin7
14th July 2013, 7:14 PM
You are using a delay of 499. Such a delay is impossible to hit when RNGing for your ID/SID number; it is recommended you have a minumum delay of 5000, although it is possible to get as low as 4000 in HG/SS.

Ausgirl
15th July 2013, 2:42 AM
You are using a delay of 499. Such a delay is impossible to hit when RNGing for your ID/SID number; it is recommended you have a minumum delay of 5000, although it is possible to get as low as 4000 in HG/SS.

Hmmm I think I tried 5000 as well but meh. I guess I'll have to change the delay back to that and keep trying, thanks.

I'm terrible at hitting delays.

FairyWitch
15th July 2013, 5:11 AM
Hmmm I think I tried 5000 as well but meh. I guess I'll have to change the delay back to that and keep trying, thanks.

I'm terrible at hitting delays.

i haven't done 4th gen rngs in such a while but if you read everstone guide on smogon it explains really good how to do it...i find everstone guide the best to learn 4th generation rng but it seems it got deleted from that horrible hack i think...delay hits are a bit tricky if you don't hit on the beeps correctly it will change your delay and your outcome will be different...

Ausgirl
15th July 2013, 5:48 AM
i haven't done 4th gen rngs in such a while but if you read everstone guide on smogon it explains really good how to do it...i find everstone guide the best to learn 4th generation rng but it seems it got deleted from that horrible hack i think...delay hits are a bit tricky if you don't hit on the beeps correctly it will change your delay and your outcome will be different...

A lot of the really old articles got deleted, unfortunately. Funny thing is that I just try to load the game on the last beep but I still manage to hit every delay under the sun except the delay that I want to hit of course.

FairyWitch
15th July 2013, 5:55 AM
A lot of the really old articles got deleted, unfortunately. Funny thing is that I just try to load the game on the last beep but I still manage to hit every delay under the sun except the delay that I want to hit of course.

yeah her/his guide was the best to read but its gone but if you read this guide it may help the image links are broken but i hope it may help >.>

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part4

albertsw
15th July 2013, 5:56 AM
Im trying to RNG a Drilbur on my Pokemon white in Wellspring Cave but Im not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I hit my seed and use a repel and run back and forth until a shaking patch appears then I do the chatters and enter it. I keep getting a Steel Gem, Ice Gem or Naive drilbur that I can find anywhere in the adjacent seed section of PPRNG. I am using IV frame 2 so that I am able to turn to enter the dust. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

SakuraLatias
17th July 2013, 10:07 PM
Im trying to RNG a Drilbur on my Pokemon white in Wellspring Cave but Im not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I hit my seed and use a repel and run back and forth until a shaking patch appears then I do the chatters and enter it. I keep getting a Steel Gem, Ice Gem or Naive drilbur that I can find anywhere in the adjacent seed section of PPRNG. I am using IV frame 2 so that I am able to turn to enter the dust. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I don't use PPRNG, here's a good tip. Have an IV Frame at least 3-4, because 128 steps = # of Pokemon in your party. Even though that running also advances the PIDRNG. Don't go too high on the IV Frame, otherwise it'll require more Repels; so no more than 16-21 on the IV Frame. :3 Saving does advance PIDRNG by 1 frame.

JustKyle
23rd July 2013, 6:38 PM
how big is the 3ds delay??? and what do i need frames for??

FairyWitch
27th July 2013, 5:52 PM
how big is the 3ds delay??? and what do i need frames for??

bit confused what your asking kyle best to ask exactly what you want...what do you mean by need frames for?

QuoteMissy
27th July 2013, 7:07 PM
how big is the 3ds delay?

7-8 seconds

bit confused what your asking kyle best to ask exactly what you want...what do you mean by need frames for?

he needs to read/watch a guide on Smogon or YouTube (Bearsfan092 recommended) if he doesn't know how important frames are.

FairyWitch
28th July 2013, 11:15 PM
7-8 seconds

he needs to read/watch a guide on Smogon or YouTube (Bearsfan092 recommended) if he doesn't know how important frames are.

thats what i thought but he asked a bit strangely thats all XD but yeah i think he said he read the guide or something like that and was confused....if i remember correctly...i referred him here cuaz he was rnging with a 3ds and i rng with a lite which for some reason shouldn't be trolling me so much and it does -___________________- only when im breeding the most too...either its my time not hitting right or just my chatot frame...

QuoteMissy
29th July 2013, 4:48 AM
thats what i thought but he asked a bit strangely thats all XD but yeah i think he said he read the guide or something like that and was confused....if i remember correctly...i referred him here cuaz he was rnging with a 3ds and i rng with a lite which for some reason shouldn't be trolling me so much and it does -___________________- only when im breeding the most too...either its my time not hitting right or just my chatot frame...

If he has issues with a written guide a video guide should help him. If that doesn't help him then...

FairyWitch
29th July 2013, 4:49 AM
If he has issues with a written guide a video guide should help him. If that doesn't help him then...

yeah i know but just saying XD i thought maybe someone help him here cuaz i am the worst person to ask for help unless its breeding but if your really lost its hard to explain to people...so i thought someone can explain it better then i can XD but i do understand...

pwnswitchclik
29th July 2013, 8:10 PM
Guys, Im going to RNG a pokemon and I need to find my parameters again, so i'll need some info on how to do it.

First of all, is it OK if I capture a weak pokemon with a quick ball and then use pokecheck to check it's IVs?
Second, at what point is the pokemon considered captured in order for me to account the precise second to input the time in the Time Box (RNG Reporter 9.96.5)?
Third, should I hold any keypresses when loading the game in order to capture said pokemon?

I'll ask more questions when I remember to.

dewey911p
29th July 2013, 11:04 PM
Guys, Im going to RNG a pokemon and I need to find my parameters again, so i'll need some info on how to do it.

First of all, is it OK if I capture a weak pokemon with a quick ball and then use pokecheck to check it's IVs?
Second, at what point is the pokemon considered captured in order for me to account the precise second to input the time in the Time Box (RNG Reporter 9.96.5)?
Third, should I hold any keypresses when loading the game in order to capture said pokemon?

I'll ask more questions when I remember to.

1) Yes. Calibration only requires you to know the IVs, so pokechecking a pokemon is perfect for this process,

2) The seconds you need to record are when the game is launched, not when the pokemon is captured. If you start your game at 12:00:00 on 10/13/2015, that is the date and time you record.

3) you don't need to hold any keys down, but if you want to for whatever reason you can. IF you do, just make sure to fill those boxes out in RNGr. Otherwise, leave the boxes empty and don't hold any keys.

pwnswitchclik
30th July 2013, 12:08 AM
1) Yes. Calibration only requires you to know the IVs, so pokechecking a pokemon is perfect for this process,

2) The seconds you need to record are when the game is launched, not when the pokemon is captured. If you start your game at 12:00:00 on 10/13/2015, that is the date and time you record.

3) you don't need to hold any keys down, but if you want to for whatever reason you can. IF you do, just make sure to fill those boxes out in RNGr. Otherwise, leave the boxes empty and don't hold any keys.

Thank you. I have another question: what does the Actual Seconds mean?

Mienfoomaster
30th July 2013, 7:54 PM
Im pretty sure it means the exact time you entered the game. For example, if you are on a ds lite, and you enter the game at 25 seconds, the actual seconds is likely to be 26 seconds in the actual seconds because of the ds' 1 second delay.

FairyWitch
30th July 2013, 8:09 PM
Thank you. I have another question: what does the Actual Seconds mean?

the time you hit the button so for example let say you hit your button on 15:23:34 on your time clock you hit but when you enter it in the reporter depending on your ds you have to subtract a few for the delay...so if you had a ds lite for example 15:23:33 is the time you hit to catch that pokemon since it has a one second delay to load the game...that make sense?

pwnswitchclik
31st July 2013, 12:11 AM
Alright, thank you Mienfoo and Fairy ;)

FairyWitch
31st July 2013, 5:48 AM
Alright, thank you Mienfoo and Fairy ;)

your welcome but remember if you have a 3ds or dsi the delay is different then a ds lite so be careful but good luck on setting your perimeter ^_^ if you need anything else just post i lurk around time to time on this thread...

Mienfoomaster
31st July 2013, 4:22 PM
I keep hitting two different timer0's at a similar rate. My original timer0 was c7c, but now im starting to hit a lot of c7b and I've even hit a few c7d. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Ausgirl
31st July 2013, 4:53 PM
I keep hitting two different timer0's at a similar rate. My original timer0 was c7c, but now im starting to hit a lot of c7b and I've even hit a few c7d. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I'm guessing that you're using BW1 which usually has two different Timer0's. It's quite normal for it to fluctuate.

Have you RNGed much before?

Mienfoomaster
31st July 2013, 5:02 PM
Yup im using black 1.Nope, i just figured out how to rng 2 days ago.

Ausgirl
31st July 2013, 5:10 PM
Yup im using black 1.Nope, i just figured out how to rng 2 days ago.

Well just keep trying to load your game at the same time and you'll eventually get a more consistent Timer0. The easiest thing to practice on is stationary and wild pokemon if that helps.

Mienfoomaster
31st July 2013, 5:11 PM
Ok, thanks Ausgirl! Also, does it matter if im a few milliseconds off from the time i'm supposed to enter the game?